Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be hilarious if we switched places and lived each other's lives for a while. I don't know. I'm pretty attached to my family and.
Speaker 2: Get out here, boy, I want to punish you before I get drunk and merciful deal four finger discount.
Speaker 3: Dude, Michael two four figure discount.
Speaker 4: Where this week we are reviewing episode three of season twenty. It is double double boy in trouble. I'm out, oh and I am Guy.
Speaker 2: A subscriber to the Daily Growl.
Speaker 4: Oh, there goes trivia question number two.
Speaker 2: I would say, it's the only paper that tells it like it is. I know, right like it is.
Speaker 4: We were walking into that I think I'm told us in the podcast before we're walking in to meet the old Jim Cummings, our man Jim coming from tw Nima Jim Cummings. Oh, yes, walking into the So what was it? Super and over and it was that guy at the front, just talent talent as it is. Remember that that guy just tell as it is, Mate.
Speaker 2: That I think the person the person he was telling it like it is too. It was kind of like I wish you didn't like it is, or maybe tell it like it is. To someone else because I'm not. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 4: I'm dressed as gander, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: I'm here to escape reality, not confronted. It turns out they'll dresses a listen lady. Yeah, well listen. They were just they were just there to do the listen lady line. That was it. That's it?
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, so yeah he double double boy in trouble before we get into that though, doing all right, doing all right. I mentioned to you yesterday, showed to you my first team you order, is it tu?
Speaker 2: How do you say it? You team?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say temu or tem whatever it's called, right, but botato, I've only took the plunge. I was like, they keep they keep sending me messages like I'm just going to I want to see whether this ship that I'm seeing is actually good quality?
Speaker 2: Right, yes? And and well I saw it. Yeah, it was, It's fine fine. Yeah, it was like, you know.
Speaker 4: Five hundred dollars with the stuff, and I was like, it's not this stuff's not worth four hundred dollars. No, well, how much did you pay for it? You paid like I ended up paying sixty five dollars. Yes, And I got three blankets, which the kids love. By the way, so blankets I can vouch for the blankets. Have got a Muppet show, a blanket, a Wazzles or Disney show with Wazzles, and a Smurf's one.
Speaker 2: Three blankets, one hundred sixty five dollars, smile on a child's face, priceless, ten minutes of piercing quiet. It was good. Risk of going up in flames. Yeah, bozzle book, So it's funny.
Speaker 4: Now, we watched an episode of I think it may have been Monk right where no, no, it was House and the kids were getting sick and they couldn't work out why. It's because they bought something from this website from like China and it was it was a T shirt and they all they didn't wash before they wore it.
Speaker 2: Now the blankets, I was like, she'ld on be washing this first.
Speaker 4: The upper show blankets good because it's got all the Muppets on it. So now the kids were laying in bed last night doing ice Spy, saying can you find Fozzy?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, you know what, this gives pain for itself. It's warm and entertaining. This is a multi purpose blanket. You thought it was good for just one thing. No, no, no, yeah it's good. I've got two bluetooth I what do you call like headphones, but their iemasks for the plane. You're not just getting your eyes covering. You're alto getting some peaceful, you know, darkness. You're also getting your favorite tunes pump directly into your ears or podcasts from the network. Yeah, did I say no?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Podcasts, tunes? Music these days? Be an idiot? Give it the times, Grandpa District. You've just reminded me that I actually need new headphones. I was out of my Do you like some? No, I need very specific ones because I was out of my walk yesterday, and I don't like to use my phone and my earbuds when I'm out walking, because like it's going to be cutting out and all this kind of business. So surprised it cuts out. Do you lose the reception or something to you with your phone? I guess so. Yeah. I mean if I'm listening to a podcast that's being streamed via my phone and then going into my belt, it's like, this is just too many connections that are relying on I don't know. Yeah, I need wires.
Speaker 4: I need to listen to your phone first, but I could.
Speaker 2: Then then I just want new headphones.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying, I want uses for Louise the Barbie new headphones.
Speaker 2: I'll get these because it's still Black Friday, cyber Mondays zone. I think they're still on the cheap. It's got Black month, right, I really should Honestly, it's just sales all year round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I mean, everything is always a sale now.
Speaker 2: Because I mean we here in Australia have subscribed to the whole Black Friday thing which used to be a Thanksgiving thing, or was a Thanksgiving thing in America. But before that we had our bunch of sales. Recently didn't we feels like every shop's all financial year stuff.
Speaker 4: It's always a twenty percent So everything's a sale now, right because the up the rip seconds be forever on a sale. I love the ones that say fifty percent off in little your second item.
Speaker 2: Listeners of any of the Four Fingered discann podcast know that down I basically suckers. We will buy just a band anything, but I don't know. We should be more conscientious in our purchases, he says.
Speaker 4: He looks around, haven't I've purchased this shit a long time ago.
Speaker 2: That's I don't want to be like a doom say or anything like that. I was telling you about this show I watched on Netflix on the weekend. Well buy now. Anyone who has watched even a single podcast on a single YouTube video on this finds it. Their algorithm is just full of it. It's basically, don't be a sucker. You know what these what these guys are doing to you know, verty good? They're not good guys, know more. Buy a new book, yeah pretty much. Yeah. Yeah, but it was like, oh, yeah, you know that thing you brought from Timu eighty bucks wather stuff, It's going to end up in the gun and waterways something. It's pretty sad. Yeah, it's just all shit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The blankets though, okay, oh yeah, the blanket's going anywhere if you can just pay twenty bucks for a blank or whatever. The full sized bedside like double bed, Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 2: I held in my hot little hands yesterday as I was trying to leave, and Dan was like, no, hold this blanket. Blanket. It was like fields, actually pretty, It's actually really soft, isn't it It is? Yeah, I wholly understand why the kids would be happy with it. Yes, all right, so double double in Trouble.
Speaker 4: I think this is another episode that has a really good story within it. It just felt something just didn't quite hit like it was. It was fine, but it just felt like it's missing something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were aspects of it I liked, certainly. I think the thing was it felt like, yeah, this is there should have been like the second or third time we'd seen what do they call the the Wooster Fields or fields. Yeah. I love the idea that there's Springfield Heights. Yeah, I mean, yeah, that there's this yeah, posh suburb of Springfield.
Speaker 4: It's first scene properly in when scenes of class struggle on Springfield, when Mark gets the Shanel dress and she goes to the country club.
Speaker 2: Ok. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I just liked the idea that there is this sort of social strata in Springfield. It's never really been played up all that much.
Speaker 4: I guess I know it has been. There's an episode where they built the wall between the rich and the poor.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's two episodes. Probably this is a lot more of I thought about it. You probably I'm a sucker for a good prince in the pauper story. So yeah, I was very happy that this had this whole kind of thing. I guess the feeling would have been better if the maybe of the wooster Fields wooster Fields. Yes, remember wasshter ship, great sauce? Good was your she soy sauce? Don't like wash share she sauce for me? It's good.
Speaker 4: You have to put in things when you're cooking hamburgers or whatever. Oh yeah, just laughter that ship.
Speaker 2: With that right. Oh you don't want to like spread it like a steak or whatever. Yeah, I don't think I've done that for a very long time. Very good in a shepherd's pay.
Speaker 4: Best sauce for a steak in the Canna three is a combination of two ready one two three butter galy so, I said creamy garlic, I said garlic butter. We okay, I see chremea garlic and mushroom together at Parker Steakhouse. I'm still going to park I haven't been there for a long time because I went there last time I went. This is a bit smaller and more expensive.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: This is The show was rapidly disintegrated into dandeor guy gribe about the cost of maving that's because we have no money. That's true, by the way, like and subscribe. I mean I took the Lovely Louise out for dinner on Sunday night. She's like, can we go out with Midside a weekend? Said the same thing? She goes you know what it was.
Speaker 4: It was like perfect timing. So the Simpsons were in the background, like it was last Tuesday, Nila, we should go out for dinner.
Speaker 2: I was like, and no. Ship.
Speaker 4: Within like two minutes of us, Nicola going all right, I'll just cook something. The episode were having what's the point going out anymore? Nicholas like that's becoming us And I was like, oh no.
Speaker 2: So we went out for dinner, but went down to a very nice local pub bistro, which one clats it's his arms, so he's arms. Okay, yes, I'm not having a go with these guys. I mean, you know, cost of going up all over the place, but one killo sta should weigh a kilo. Lou had a very nice steak, split a little thing of saganaki cheese, you.
Speaker 4: Know, garlic bread or is that what's the second ady cheese?
Speaker 2: What's that? That's it's like a loomy you put in the fry pani, Okay, give it an ars.
Speaker 4: We always have a cheesy garlic bread that we share.
Speaker 2: NICs. Uh no, drinks, didn't have I didn't have a glass of wine.
Speaker 4: You need to because it's just too expansive without it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we just had a perfectly nice meal. I'm like, oh, I'll pick this one up by We had triple figures really with just the food. With just the food, oh, I mean we okay, we got sparkling water. That's just water. They're bling bubbles into it. The only kids at the back. I was going, okay, this would be around yeah, eighty ninety bucks, sixty to seventies. Usually it was it was a little more net. Yeah it was ok.
Speaker 4: He drives down trip Oh my goodness. Yeah, I get drives down dawns with confus when.
Speaker 2: I never was a kid. Yeah, I'm very different. D was like, was it market price or something? I got the stake at market price more like market right, and yeah said please don't come back to it different, don't have to be closed.
Speaker 4: Then there they're closed? Yeah, yeah, bad, like are those guys speaking of the hill. It was the price of demand, wasn't it or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that, ye, yes, yeah, anyway about the cost of living at the Hill.
Speaker 4: If you haven't checked out our Patreon, excuse Speak of the Hill podcast, make sure you do so. First season available for free. If you want season two onwards, just support us on Patreon.
Speaker 2: It's one of the many shows we cover here, one of the many pop culture items that we discussed a great in great detail and a great depth.
Speaker 4: Now, there was a comment at the end of this episode right that made me go, let me think that the riders of the Simpsons just obviously don't discuss what they're doing in each other's episodes anymore, because how did last week's episode Lost for Rizon end? They get back from your pitch you and what happens in the house? Bart plays a cool remember he's never leave again on something, Never Leave Again. She's like, Ah, this episode ends with I never thought i'd say this, but I missed you guys.
Speaker 2: I'm like the last episode with missing them. Oh yeah, that's right, it's all very much. There's there's no place like home, There's no place like that. Oh that's listen. Now, I've just had a I've just had a connective thought Okay, well we'll talk about that in the moment the cash gag, I'm assuming yeah, oh yeah, so oh you're looking at me like, yeah, that's obvious.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, As you were saying, I was like, oh, yeah, so the story I was getting to at the start that there's a good story here of the appreciate what you've got.
Speaker 2: Not what someone else has.
Speaker 4: And that's not that can't be applied to everybody, obviously, but a lot of the time, if you're wanting what someone else has got, you will never be happy.
Speaker 2: There is an old saying. It's been attributed to many people, whether it's you know, Greek scholars or the Great Confucius. What was it? Comparison is the thief of joy? Anything? Though?
Speaker 4: Is with this story here? If so Simon, right, Simon the kid Simon? Yeah, if Simon's siblings weren't trying to kill him, wed bard have wanted to go home again?
Speaker 2: No, he had it pretty good.
Speaker 4: He had it pretty good. Yeah, so there is a story.
Speaker 2: So they hamstring their own, they necapped their own.
Speaker 4: Yes, so it's kind of like there's a message here, but it's also the message was only working because he had siblings that wanted to kill him the actual lifestyle, but probably good enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Yeahships in the pool and that's true. Yeah, he wasn't going, oh this is kind of shallow or anything.
Speaker 4: Like, which is what I thought the episode needed.
Speaker 2: He needed it. He needed an understanding that he did have it pretty good? Yeah, well good, but it needed to show he thought were superficially good, lacked any real substance or meaning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it needed to have because Bart was sleeping on the air hockey table, right or he was calling from the hockey table, remember that you called Simon. There needed to be a scene because they kept emphasizing the tuck ins, right, the need to be a scene of Bart.
Speaker 2: Very well done, Dan, though, good for you because all there.
Speaker 4: Is one scene of him going because he could have had the mother going you're old enough, you can tuck yourself in good midnight and that's it.
Speaker 2: What a fixer, What a fixer you are. You're just solving problems because then the final scene means more. It does, doesn't it. You fixed this episode? All right, we're done and we're out and we're the and it's gone. My favorite.
Speaker 4: Did you have any favorite moments from the episode, because I've got here in my notes.
Speaker 2: Nothing I had to struggle.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite moments is also a Trivier question, so I can't spoil it yet. Okay, then, but it was more of a visual gag.
Speaker 2: Okay. As I said at the start, I'm a sucker for a good prince with the poor story, and this said, anytime you've got that framework, I'm pretty happy.
Speaker 4: So this was based was actually based on Tell me So. The episode's plot is a parody of Daphne du Maurier's ninety fifty seven novel of the Scapegoat, while Simon's horse Shadow shadow Facts is named after Gandoff's horse from the Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 2: Sure Is.
Speaker 4: The plot is also based on the eighteen eighty one Yeah Prince de Pope, as you're saying, marked.
Speaker 2: One, Yeah, yeah, I have never read or heard of The Scapeguat. I know daphnein Demurrier. My sisters were very big on Daphne to Murray. Would you like to know the brief synopsis? Sure In a bar of France, a lonely English academic on holiday meets his double, a French aristocrat who gets him drunk, swaps identities, and disappears leaving the Englishman to sort out the Frenchman's extensive financial and family problems pretty good. The story has been the basis of two films, one in nineteen fifty nine starring your Man Alec Guinness and Betty Davis, and one in twenty twenty twelve starring Matthew Reese. Oh called the Scapegoat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Escapegoat of Ali Guinness nine to fifty nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about the Matthew Reese one? Okay, So that guy's doing all right. He appears in a bunch of good movies, and he's married to Kerry Russell. Wasn't he that Brothers show? He wasn't Brothers and Sisters? And he was the lead in the Americans for about six seasons.
Speaker 4: Escapeo is a British film adaptation of the book The Drummers, written and directed by Charles Sturage.
Speaker 2: Do you know Charles Sturage? That name does ring a bell?
Speaker 4: Charles Sturage, English director of Scream No Nothing really There stars Matthew Reese as lookike characters John Standy and must play two characters Justinny and Johnny Spence. It was broadcast on Itubes. I directed TV then Yeah still maybe checking out or he didn't know that Alginnis version either.
Speaker 2: I did not. That's incredible, it is, because that's a hell of it all star cast and Betty Davis.
Speaker 4: So the pauper story, what is the basis for that story?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the thing. I mean, I'm not sure I've actually ever read the Prince on the Poor, but the upshot of it.
Speaker 4: Is that it was the Prince in the port just read in Wikipedia. No, no, I mean, but you know it's kind of a it's kind of a trope. Yeah, okay, yeah, you've.
Speaker 2: Got a rich well, it's usually a dude, a rich dude and a poor dude who look alike and for some reason they swap places. And this is nine year olds yeah kid, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does you say who wrote it? Mark Twain? As I said, it is market Sorry I didn't hear the Mark Twain. Yeah, Mark Twain. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Pocket turns the ascension of nine year old Edward six of England in fifteen forty seven, and his interactions would look like Tom Canty, a London paper who lives with his abusive alcoholic father. Similar stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just a bit of invariably you've got the message or that the grass is green. On the other side, having said that it too good for Tom Canty, no, I think I'm going to steer a prince, thank you very much, And that's what they.
Speaker 4: Had to sort of play out more in this episode was yes, Homer was they've gone back to home of being.
Speaker 2: A dick again. There was a lot of bad Homer in this episode.
Speaker 4: For the sake of just trying to emphasize his life. He doesn't like his life back home because of Homer. It's like, yeah, but he's got Marge there, and he doesn't. He never he never misses March. That's the thing. He never misses March until he says the you know what, I never thought i'd miss you, guys. He never actually misses Marge specifically, he never mentions he doesn't think of it something that he misses with Lisa because like you, Lisa says, but would have thrown me from the windo or whatever. Right, there needs to be a scene with the sister, the sibling doing something him going Lisa would have done that with me, or Lisa would have said something different, or.
Speaker 2: Even oh, I would have liked poking fun at Lisa. In this situation. Yeah. Yeah, a lot of inconsistency with Marge as well. This episode I thought was like, you know, sometimes she's really upset, really really angry, but then you know, three seconds later, even doing the tucking, I understand they need the tuck in, but at the same.
Speaker 4: Time she's felt very much suppressed my rage. Everyone's happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then all the tucking seems incredibly sincere and heartfelt.
Speaker 4: You're right, Yeah, the Marge scenes feel natural and they actually work. I thought the Marge tucking in scenes were really sweet.
Speaker 2: Very sweet. Yeah. Yeah, but honestly, I mean the stuff with home. My very first note about this episode is like, when they're in the quickie, Mart, so over the top, wasn't it. Well, it's a very specific, very premeditated threat. Yeah, the whole cliche of Homer strangling Bart. Yeah, it's Homo strangling Bar. But I mean it's really just a manifestation of, Oh, this kid makes me so angry that I could throttle him. Okay, you've got to. We'll do it literally just to show you. But I mean it's essentially I'm frustrated with kid all the time. I'd really like to do this, but I want but whereas this is kind of like I'm angry at you all the time, and goodness me, goodness me, I could just take you into a dark corner and mess you up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Bart wasn't paying into good life either too. It's like bash a shithead, but he hasn't been this bar for a long time, and it's like, for the sake of this story, right, he needs to be absolutely reckless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you've gone back to season one or season two bar and.
Speaker 4: It's almost like they're going they're blaming his parents for feeding him shit food as well, because even double down on it when they get when Simon's having dinner and then they're like taking it. But when Timon's having dinner, she's like, well, you know, I made it with cheerios, and I did this, and I did something full of sugar, and you know, it's like, Marge, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is it Bart's fault?
Speaker 1: Is it not?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's again kind of all over the place.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of inconsistencies, but a good story in there, oh yeah, just not fleshed out enough.
Speaker 2: That's it remains, as I said, a cliche or a dry big for very good reasons, like, oh, it's a story that always works, and this has a good underlying message, and it's like, you know, be happy, not be happy with what you've got, but recognize the good in what you've got.
Speaker 4: The best Homo threats for me, because as you said, this was very specific, right, But when I've always thought the best Homer threat was when he threatens Lisa and he says, Lisa Tennant, stop playing your sax, but I.
Speaker 2: Need to practice. He is, I'll practice you. You'll practice me threat. But that's just your cliche that because how many dads do that.
Speaker 4: I'll practice you in a minute, I'll give you makes notice of that, that's that's that's oh ship, I'll practice you. It's like that doesn't make any sense. But you know, so he's just yeah, constantly, that's a good Hamit threat. But I'll beat you with those stick magazines.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's not cool.
Speaker 4: You actually heard that a supermarket ego. Oh by the way, guys, at the end of this episode, we got the news edition of what.
Speaker 2: A Lord said that should we be doing this? I mean I think what I know there are lords in the world. They should be they should be recognized.
Speaker 4: Yes, even if someone from the past or whatever, you'll find someone. Okay, it's we're going to end each episode with a bit of positivity.
Speaker 2: What a lord. I like to think this episode, well, every episode of and everything we do on the Far Discount Network is positive. It's like sending someone home. Having said that, we basically just spend twenty minutes saying everything costs so much for these days, I have to take the miss. Yes, those people are indeed heroes. You know who else's heroes, your pals down there on Guy and all.
Speaker 4: So, I thought you're gonna go segue into our stone Cutters.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm like, oh you cann do this sec Oh no, he's talking about himself. I started with you, yes, all right, starting with the sweet sweet cat g money. Thank you Katy G with your one hundred dollar support, absolute champion, thank you kt G. Yes, andrews s Zre Andrew, Andrew Andrew.
Speaker 2: One of these days we'll get it right. If there's gonna be there's gonna be an episode of full thing it is. It's just so streamlined.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fifty dollars support. Thank you so much mate for that. Your two favorites.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh Swanny Mixed One and U Zach, you can do it. Through it. You can do it. Oh would you get demonetized or whatever? You're sort of through Zach, you can do it, brew it what we can demonetized? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how the internet works. Have you ever listened to episode of the show. Oh yeah, the show is filled with clips on the show. Oh yeah, so while we can de out of times, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Now, don't. I don't know who else are we liking? Paul Warner, by the way, let's just say the names. Yes, Zach Preuitt, Andrew mxwe Yes, Swanny mix One.
Speaker 4: Paul Warner with his tweet old support. Thank you so much, Paul Warner. Isabella Murphy is one to give these guys their first cheps. Could we forgot them last week?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Sure, Paul Warner and Isabella and everything, Thank you so much for your support. Also the following Stonecutters, Jonathan Rossi, Rah Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn DVP Anderson, Timothy Burls, and Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlup, Kevin DA's a Planned Floodshen and Hofer, Ballet winder Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, be Adrick McLeod, Lewis Kavanagh, March eleven, at Reese Roberts, Jinger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, t lea Enriquez, Jap Messado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hallier, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Reading, Sac Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lane, Damie Miller and Charlie Joe.
Speaker 2: We don't have the video on today and so he can't see. Daniel did that all with his eyes closed. It's incredible. Yes, he knows all of you and and loves all.
Speaker 4: Of you and backwards. I was never looking at the screen and my eyes with That's right. We don't have the video on, so you you have to take our word that's what happened. Also take my word that these people joined the four finger discount family. This month we have Mark Lithe, Chris Booby, hill A Hasty Hasty, Mickrey Right Hasty Rewrite, James Dunn, Markey, Mark Huge Ass who upgraded from five dollars to eight dollars, Danny Read and Flemish Giant now Flemish Sanders a big message which we will read out at the end.
Speaker 2: Of the show as well. Okay, then more positivity or yeah, more positivity.
Speaker 4: Basically, he's thanking us for doing the Lord's work, for what the Lord the Lord's work, for doing these later season episodes because he doesn't have to watch his lie I'm so glad to what clips.
Speaker 2: It's basically like watching the show whereout having to actually watch it. One might say he was saying thank you for being a friend.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 4: Indeed, I did appreciate that. I always appreciated good Golden's Girl. It's Andrew what's his name, Andrew Gold? And believe yeah, what a song?
Speaker 2: What thing? Synchronosy that Andrew Gold did the thing for the Golden Girls. Yes, indeed you do.
Speaker 4: And if you want to hear us talk about the Golden Girls, you check it out on TV launch but available and all of your podcast apps right now.
Speaker 2: Indeed, we did one single episode on The Golden Girls. We could do more.
Speaker 4: We did two exclusive episodes of TV launch pot as well. Whilst we take a mid season break. We did thirty Rock and we've done Family Guys. If you want to hear us talk about Family Guy, you can support us on Patreon.
Speaker 2: You want to hear us talking about family game. You think you think that is bad, she'd hear us turkey about it.
Speaker 4: If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more.
Speaker 2: So go ahead join the family.
Speaker 4: Today's support your palas Guy and Dano for as little as one dollar per month at patreon dot.
Speaker 2: Com slash fourth Finger Discount.
Speaker 4: All right, so let's get into our review of Not the Prince in the Poor, but our review of Double Double Boy in Trouble.
Speaker 2: We could do that.
Speaker 4: We could do some tribut we could do some tribua. We did it out of order. Let's do trivia. Let's go for it.
Speaker 2: Next question, you there eating the paste. Let's go. Okay? Should I go first? Yes? Okay. My first question to you, there's a sign of mos that said a certain night is ladies night. What night is ladies?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 4: At mos Tuesdays Tuesday. Yeah, it's always been Tuesday. I didn't say that, but yeah. So my first question for you is one of my favorite moments. What is the population of Aspen?
Speaker 2: White? White? Who played at Woosterfield Arena? Where an artist gets a name check? It was when Bart and Simon first meet in the bathroom. Nah, got me, it's Bonnie Rate. I have no idea who that is? A Country and Western musician, same as the who sings the nine to eleven songs? What would you do if you discovered your identical twin in the bedroom?
Speaker 4: Ladded to Heaven going down to South Park of euro ifn't even know a south Park found check it out because it was.
Speaker 2: It's the season six of the show is awesome. It's pretty darn good, I got to say. Is indeed?
Speaker 4: Now, who are the two people not Fleetwood, Mac and not mcaulay culkin. Who are the two other humans that Bart seasons whilst he's driving.
Speaker 2: It's McDreamy and McSteamy, the two hot doctors from the inexplicably long running medical soap opera Gray's Anatomy. They're still going right, still going Maybe it just Gray's not in it anymore. H I'd never watched a single episode of the show, would know who Gray is. Great, that's Meredith Gray, Okay. I always just assumed Gray was dreamy or mixed him whatever it is that guy. I was like, he seems like the main star. But was he like the George Clinney. Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, the central character grays Anatomy was Meredith Gray played by Ellen Pompeo or Popio, except she just quit the show, like I quit the show. Resigned from the show after maybe twenty seasons. I thought of finished off the season like recently just finished right, No, No, I'm still going, still going season twenty one right now. Yeah, do a Graze Anatomy like TV launch.
Speaker 4: But it's the tenth most popular program on all of on demand television.
Speaker 2: What we were what we were saying, but I don't know if it was off the air. Yeah, shows like this there are incredibly popular. Still. Yeah, nobody talks about them or mean, people do talk about them, but they're not like you know, on the front on the front page of whatever media outlet you choose to frequent But people are still watching them. People love them.
Speaker 4: Has never been twenty first, twenty and four as currently currently in a twenty first season. That's insane. Yeah, I mean good for them, right.
Speaker 2: What about them? Yeah? Good on them. What is the blocked number price? The price to block a number? It costs something the millhouse? Oh no, idea, it costs three sixty five, three sixty five.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, okay, I'll get you. Yeah, because you mean like turn color idea off? Well, is what blocking means?
Speaker 2: Barker's mill has to check that out? Yeah, blocked? That costs three sixty five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I thought I was confused there, I thought when he said that, I thought, is this just some old outdore thing where if you call him from this area it's a minute or something.
Speaker 2: I phrased that inelegantly. It's not your fault. It makes perfect sense. All right.
Speaker 4: Now, let's blame the episode. What do the hobos refer to themselves? The shampedosapinos? Yes, in Aspen. You want to hear us talk about Aspen?
Speaker 2: Wow, we're really good at Uh? Did we already spread? Just we just spread going down to South Park? But we'll do it again with the what would you do? What would you do? I think it was where were you? Isn't it? Where were you? You and the world stuff turning. Yeah, I should have listened to actually to that song.
Speaker 4: It's Alan Jackson, right, el Jackson. But yeah, it makes no sense to anyone but me because you told that story about the country music festival.
Speaker 2: I think you told on the podcast. I know. But it's also a sound bug ben because Michael Jackson. Yeah, yeah, everything I do has like multiple meanings. All right, Jackson, I went to a country music festival and everyone's very, very thrilled to see Alan Jackson.
Speaker 4: I'm like, but let's get into a review, shall we? Of Double Double every questions? I know, because you ruined my first one, which was the Daily Grown.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's a.
Speaker 4: Great name, and your questions for me then I thought, she is your favorite part of the show. You're also eager to make sure you get all your questions out.
Speaker 2: I don't have to. I have one more, but how about we do it during the during the actual review. That way we can get to the fireworks factory we can.
Speaker 4: Indeed, so The original edit was October nineteenth, two thousand and eight of Double Double Boy in Trouble. Kab F one four was the production code written by Bill oden Court, directed by Nancy Cruz. I did feel like this had a woman's perspective when it came to the march scenes. At least, I wouldn't have been surprise if Carolyn Emine wrote this. She's just really good at those emotional beats. I thought the scenes were. The tuckins were not emotional, but they had heart to them.
Speaker 2: It just emphasized that more. As someone who likes doing dishes, I was a big fan of Marge's Scrubbing You song. You've mentioned that recently. You loved on the dishes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do, I said to Nilan the other day, because Nick, this thing right we're doing the dishes is she'll do them, but do you dry as you clean? Nicolas stacked them up on the side.
Speaker 2: And it let them dry. Let him here drivers for a little while at least, because all it takes is one kid to come around and try and take a glass off and they all fall down. Well that's true. I mean, I don't have to worry about this. The only small creature that's gonna tip shit over at my place is basically the cat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's done it and he will do it. Yes, Joe Montana, I guess that is himself. We can I give I guess it's a great name, Joe Montana?
Speaker 2: What I mean? Did this his actual name? Do you think his actual name is Joseph Montana?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like he's that had the same name or something.
Speaker 2: He's like a junior. Oh okay, pretty sure. See Dallas Cowboys, forty nine Ers, San Francisco. Okay, interesting, I had to think about that for a second. Played flight twenty years or something with the forty nine Ers. Okay, I knew it was some like iconic ish team. Yeah, they're all iconic in their own.
Speaker 4: Ways, but is is Joseph Clifford Montana junior?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Nickname Joe Cool and the comeback Kid the cover kids.
Speaker 2: So good, isn't it? Oh my god? Because you've been good?
Speaker 4: Like I guess what, I'm back one another championship and come back kid by the way, Joe Cool here. That's basically like what Jordan did. Jordan one three fucked off to do space here and come back one another three because he felt like it.
Speaker 2: There was like some conspiracy theory going around that Jordan was like busted for sports gambling or something and that's why he went off to play baseball for a couple of years. It's like, we can't have you in the league. You know it's going to come out, you know, but if you walk away with your own volition for a little while, let the heat die down, then come back. Give be the comeback kid. But you know it's getting it's getting too hot.
Speaker 4: I feel like they would have covered that in his documentary if it was true.
Speaker 2: Well, the last dance. I think the last dance was very Michael Jordan's sort of sanctioned. I don't think he would have I don't think he would have bothered him with that. How to come out? Who can tell?
Speaker 4: What I do like about the season twenty so far so they've been giving us the full intro. I'm feeling that maybe because in a few episodes we're losing it. I enjoy this whilst you've got it because they go HD soon.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the original era of The Simpsons will officially be over in a few more weeks. Here in four figure discount we were doing the HD era. Wow, it's look and feel different. It's gonna be strange.
Speaker 2: Will the show be different? Well, Mitch is coming back. It was fun. While at last.
Speaker 4: The HD E actually stands for I've got a new guy called Harry Dorman coming in.
Speaker 2: Damn him. What's on the board.
Speaker 4: So the chop World gag is there is no such month as October.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure there is.
Speaker 4: If you asked the marketing teams, Oh, absolutely yeah, And the couch gag was the one that you want to talk about this, so go for it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's a reverse Wizard of Oz in that they're leaving color and they go to CPR when they actually end up in oys. But it is all unified theory of four finger discount strikes again because Wicked is in cinemas right now, we could part one, one might say. And also the Wizard of Oz was on TV the other night and we talked about it on what did we record the other day? Going down to South Buck.
Speaker 4: So the episode kicks off of Homer shopping with Bart and Maggie barsh just being reckless and naughty for the sake of it being a little shit being a shithead. Indeed, Yeah, it's going to the supermarket with a kid. It's just a mixed bag mate.
Speaker 2: It's lucky dip.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'll well behave sometimes they get it's usually by the time you just say, there's fifteen arles and supermarket. Right by the time we get to Aisle ten eleven, they've had enough. Oh okay, Yeah, it's just and that's when novel is worn off. And that's when the shitcause's when they finish their lollipop. That's when the ship show starts. And it's just I've just got two miles.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you say when they finished their lollipop? Do you mean they finished their lolly? Yes, you have to listen to all of our podcasts. To understand why that Joe.
Speaker 4: Ain't going to tell you have to find all the other podcasts.
Speaker 2: So listen to them all, maybe twice.
Speaker 4: But then I poo offers home the last scratchy just sort of make him a bit Have you looked last cutchy? Sometimes lucky, sometimes it's not, but distraction no by threatening to jump onto a trolley full of shallows marshmallows, so Homer goes to stop him. Len He ends up buying the scratchy and wins fifty thousand dollars. Now this party simply was worth more than fifty thousand dollars just f yi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh goodness it yeah, yeah, but you can't buy However, many rooms he got for No.
Speaker 4: They should have made something to striving onwe hundred and fifty thousand or something crazy. But then Lenne would have seemed like Antrue absolute dickhead, right, I mean he still looks like a dickhead fifty kight on your friends, but just a good guy. But yeah, so another ironic tale of the quickie comic as a poop points out here, which is the tale of the crypt I guess, so, yeah, tail it looks like and covered, isn't it. I've never revisited the film since I was a kid, but it was also always one of those covers that those Tales on the Dark Side was the film.
Speaker 2: It looked creepy as shit.
Speaker 4: It's not bad so that the one that has the kid being threatened to be cooked in an oven as like the through lines it's like a creep show. Nah, I don't think it's creep It's like three stories, is it is? And then there's like someone throw into cook a child as like the bit in between each story, right.
Speaker 2: I can't recall, Actually I do not tells the Dark Side like eighty eight feels like an eighty nine er maybe a ninety turns on dark side movie show it was ninety Yeah, well done. It just sounds cool.
Speaker 4: Oh your tails from the dark side, but he wins. Lenny wins and points it out to Homer. Oh, well you would have won this if you had have bought the thing. So Home is furious. He says he cost me twoentyre thousand dollars because he was going to do better on the dogs. Yes, Marge, then unpacks or the shopping it's been packed up and scratched up in a rage.
Speaker 2: Well it's because I'm was very man at Bart who's becoming what he calls her Dennis level menace.
Speaker 4: Then Homer points out, well he costs two undred thousand dollars. No longer okay with this is March No, and she squeezes the turkey up. So presses her rage, squeeze it up, feeds it to the dog. It expands in the dog. Then Homer goes to Mo's where Lenny is buying all the drinks and oh, actually, this is one of my favorite moments class mohir oh.
Speaker 5: Cheer up Home the drinks around Lennyn't you're pretty boo Joe?
Speaker 2: Pay for it? My job.
Speaker 5: I gotta check with Lenny on Dad Nope, Lucky Lenny's buying all the drinks tonight.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Homer, but here's a compromise. Why don't you bold pay for the drink and tip?
Speaker 4: And he says You're going to spend the remaining money on a kick ass party for all his friends. I thought Barney crying here.
Speaker 2: Was really weird. Yeah, I'd go anywhere. It was just, ah, that's just like, is this a reference to something?
Speaker 4: It felt like that, didn't it? You know, this is just all the time we go. This has to be something. It's true, it's too odd.
Speaker 2: Is there like iconic footage of some Beatles fan like going wild for the Beatles at Shay Stadium or something? It's not Maybe, yeah, it feels like it should be something, but it's not instantly familiar enough that you're going to go. They're paying tribute to this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the family are all leaving for Lenny's party. Meanwhile, Bart is not dressed yet, not ready. He's instead of aiming a water gunful of cat pee at Rod and Tide. What was my was Marget the front looking for Bart? Is that why she he ends up shooting her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really good question, because Marge gets into the Spi're all getting ready to go, yeah, and not even ready to go read.
Speaker 4: The lead, yes, and Bart just shoots her with what was water this morning? And then now marches to wear her backup dress as a result, and Nelon makes fun of that shape and she says she's got makes it okay, arms look fat in this dress. Newlson makes fun of her. You feel self conscious haha, And Homer says he blames Marchie. The reason he's like this because you had that sip of alcohol when you were drunk. Marge's reaction to it is very Marge, but Homer saying it's your fault. It's like, how was just a dick from go to woe? Yeah, this episode yeah, no good at all, which I think stands out and brings an episode down. Oh yeah, because you're paying so much attention to it. It's annoying in a way. But Marge responded that ways that was unforgivable, this little sip. I did like the animation of like it hitting Bart and then like the spikes popping up and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're gonna give it a damien omen music and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so then I'm glad you brought that up because I knew it was something that music. What is it? Yeah, the omen music. I like, I think I add something to the I had a couple of things. But she thinks that the bad behavior now is more than just a phase. And then Bart is flicking Robert Cement onto Lisa that he's been storing up his nose, and Homer threats to drive him.
Speaker 2: Into a tree, and I was like, this is so stupid. Stop flicking boggers, Stop threatening to drive into trees. I'm like, what, why are you threatened to drive into a tree. It's just so it's not funny. I'll played Devil's advoct for a moment and say, Okay, this is a weird, exaggerated extrapolation of the threat your dad always made, like don't make me turn this car around. I think that's that's the only rationale that I can give you. It's like, okay, Well, maybe they're like, well, what if your dad threatened to drive into a tree instead of saying, oh, don't maybe turn this car around, don't maybe drive into a tree.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that be funny? Maybe I think Classic would have done what they exactly would have done here. They could have had that line, I'll drive this into a tree. Marge would have gone Home, I known, he goes, Marge, you're ruin.
Speaker 2: I'm not actually like that.
Speaker 4: There would have been some joke like that or even like he was going to drive into a tree. That's that's that's that's what made it stupid. It wasn't just a threat.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do it that way? Then? You know, spice up the visuals a bit, make it into like a like a real battle of wills between Homer and Barton, sort of go when you're driving cars like chicken chicken, Yeah, yeah, close into the close up on the eyes, close up on the knuckles on the on the steering wheel, who's going to break first? All that kind of stuff. I don't know. I think that could be still be a stupid It was a stupid bit of way to make this joke a little more I don't give it a little more flavored sometance, Yeah, a little more spice. It's just the fact that Home I was willing to risk the lives of his family because but was being yeah, yeah, there's a way to make it. Homer being kind of a stubborn.
Speaker 4: Speaking before thinking yes, opposed to driving driving and go a tree and then avoiding it as opposed to being like an angry, vindictive psycho, and then he could have had and that's Lisa saying something like and that's why, by the way, is because you never follow through with your threats. And then Marshall said, what do you want us a fault drive into a tree something like that.
Speaker 2: All then home. It's kind of like, if you show up my inconsistencies again, I'll drive right into this tree. And then he tries, he starts to do it. Are make it, make it funny, this is normally a comedy. Make it feel like.
Speaker 4: We're actually going, actually and genuinely fixing these episodes.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: And it has taken us five minutes each time.
Speaker 2: You realize your pals Bill Oakley and Met Selmon and just listening.
Speaker 4: To this going Bill he threw the town in many years before this one.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I won't jump to what a lord, but yeah, Bill Oakley has now just got a new second career. Is just sampling just over the Steve Hans guy, Steve's Hams guy. He found something really seemingly delicious the other day where he's like, oh, someone sent me the yuzu from you send me from Japan, the Yuzu seven spice dipping sauce for chicken mcnuggers. I'm like, I loved yuzu flavor. That's fat. Oh my god, this sounds so good.
Speaker 4: I struggle with watching people start like the fast food eating thing. Right, when people eat food, it's kind of weirdness in their car that's like biting a boot like and I'm like, oh, this is kind of weird anyway. But when you when you're starting to see them progressively gain weight, You're like, I'm supporting weight gain here.
Speaker 2: This isn't great. Well did we speak to Bill about this? Have we ever spoken to or.
Speaker 4: We did speak to Bill about seam ham society, which is he's seeing he's got Yeah, I think yeah.
Speaker 2: Was there asking like, doe you concerned about, you know, becoming a big boy a big buy I'm keeping my own things and now I'm not eating like this all the time and I only have little bits and all this kind of stuff. It's like, okay, well what do you Bill? We love we love you, Bill, Yes, we love what you but you know, be more steamed things this hand things.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So yeah, home has threatened to drive him to the tree. Blah blah blah, oh stupidity. Right, the dinner party now, and I'm like, this isn't the party I expected.
Speaker 2: Party is not. This is meal. Well, this is an event it is and look, you could be the Simpsons writers could be very well saying that's the joke when it's like, this isn't so much a cool party for Lenny's friends. It's more like this is me, Lenny Big, noting himself a bit doing the real I guess humble brag of like thank you for being a friend. And it's like, but really, you're just kind of like putting up signs saying Lenny's great or you know, friending all these different languages, but really the keyword is Lenny here.
Speaker 4: It would have been nice to have had one of the Golden Girls appear as a guest.
Speaker 2: That's trick. Yeah you get yeah, Betty water room clan, where's my money?
Speaker 4: When you walk up to one of them, it's just Betty sitting there saying thank you for being a friend to Betty.
Speaker 2: Betty are you yeah? Like they check didn't clear? Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But he sings the Golden Girls theme I mean, I'm always a sucker for the Golden Girls theme, you are, It always just makes me happy. Yeah, Barney is glad that he's gets getting to take the centerpiece home. He's gonna put on his mum's grave.
Speaker 2: Mentions.
Speaker 4: Gift bags here, which are I don't remember as a kid going to a birthday party and never getting a gift bag. But man, kids, these days it's a thing. It is a party now, you judge. I think I may have said it's judge a pub by how good their party is. Kids, judge a party by how good the party bag?
Speaker 2: Take away? And there's no party bag. The kids are not happy. That's so weird because I mean simply when I was growing, occasionally you've got to take away bag, but it was we didn't need all the lollies. Yeah. Actually I don't remember actually ever get anyone. I don't maybe it didn't happen all the time. It's just like a bag. Now they're getting all this extra stuff, like Elliott, like they presenting at the Oscars or something. They got one from one of his friends school and had lego in it. What a little lego?
Speaker 3: Ki?
Speaker 4: I was like, I said to you, spent on the arey spent like twenty bucks in each one. I was like, ach one the gift back what I don't spent much of new kids president And I was.
Speaker 2: Literally pulling the home alone face. I couldn't literally slapping his hands to his cheek.
Speaker 4: And this guy she would have had, he must have spent twentyred bucks on gift bags. He's like, oh, I just I love making a big event for the kids and stuff. And I was like, how was the kid of this day? This is it was her sixth party?
Speaker 2: Na, no, no, I'm going to remember this then that lego is going to go into landfill. Yeah, forget about it. But it wasn't go you know, I'll be like, you know what, you go to the party. You're got a party.
Speaker 4: The party descended into madness though, and it was great in a sense that the dad was just like a big kid, right, So clearly it made sense why he spent with money on the gift aggs.
Speaker 2: But they had all this ship.
Speaker 4: Organized that we're gonna bring it. We've paid to have this scientist come and do a science show and all this fucking and like like a petting zoo thing in the back, blah blah, blah, what the fuck? And the dad just brings out some NERF guns and a kid's like no fud and all these kids it was no shit. He had like twe NERF guns because he goes. I went to like marketplace and this guy was just selling those NERF guns I was born for like fifty bucks. And the kids just shot NERF guns each other like two hours, using like just shooting things around. And the parents were backyard. We're getting shot with the nerves, and someone were just like, I'm going in dad.
Speaker 2: But you know that they think this dad might be a secret genius though.
Speaker 4: You know that, you know the chaos music of the Simpsons when there's a riot, That was the reason that was going in my head. And all these parents getting shot with nerves and it's slowly all just gravitating towards indoors, and the kids were just and the dad's out there just going just shooting kids in their head and what I'm just like, whatever, I have a great time to hide in the cuby house, to hide mine in the shed. They would just nerve there was nerves and they was shooting them over the fence and see how high they can get it. The guy's like, I don't care how to pay fifty bucks for him. I'm like, if I was a six year old, this seems like the ultimate party.
Speaker 2: Then you also get the gift back. Yeah, I mean this dad seems like real King of the Kids stuff. Yeah, in a good in good ways and bad. Yeah, just watch out for that van. What is not funny? Well, can we even cem let's say it's not funny? CM molestation, no child abduction? Your fullest day of the episode?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I well, stations funny either.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm well aware. Just made a reference to an episode that's true. I was like, because what is not funny? CHARLT melestation?
Speaker 2: Yes, answer, child rebduction is not funny either. Recently covered on going down to sat Yes, indeed. Yeah, but I mean it was a fun party in the sense that I'm like, this is just chaos. It was just chaos. But yeah, gift backs.
Speaker 4: So but it goes through the gift bags and realize that they all have robo vacuums in there. The Rumba Nicola really wants a robo vacuum, and I'm just one of those people that has to see them work before I buy into it. We've got friends are like, oh, yeah, they're great, and I'm like, are they? But how is it going to their legs?
Speaker 2: The chair? They must work, but I have to see it work before I'll fully commit. I agree with you on this. Yes, I recently bought a dice in the vacuum clean which I'm very happy with. I like I like hand washing dishes. I like doing the vacuuming myself. I feel like I've done something, like I've earned my clean house.
Speaker 4: So then he opens the door or so who oppens? I think maybe mid Lenny. Someone happens the door for the for the party bags whatever.
Speaker 2: He does because he wants to show off his gift back.
Speaker 4: Yes, and all of the vacuums come out and they go crazy. I did like some of the visual gags he like sucking up Moleman and whatnot, going largest hair. Yeah, this looked cool. Wigham ends up shooting them all though, and he says they've been switched to is it malevolent sentience or something something like that.
Speaker 2: And then, by the way, one of my trivia questions was what is the name brand of the the robot vacuum cleaner? We just said it. I forgot it already. What was it. I didn't say it, no, but well, the best one known is known as a rumba actual brander. I don't think they've got the actual or was it here? They called it a vacuum bot a VECB you bought all right?
Speaker 4: If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities.
Speaker 2: And so much more.
Speaker 4: So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dando for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash fourth Finger Discount.
Speaker 5: Oh, Bart, I've had it with you. I'm taking away all your TV privileges. You already did that, okay, then video games that too? No more non dice board games. What you can't take my boulder dish?
Speaker 1: I just did.
Speaker 4: He's confused though here and this was where I was like, you need to dove into this, right, But they just threw this story out for a cheap visual gag, which which word of the color and the N and n's as opposed to EM and m's, which is funny because Holly calls them and ends, but bartis confused, why am I not?
Speaker 2: I don't mean to be bad? Like why am I? Why am I like this way?
Speaker 4: And then just cuts to that because you're feeding yourself. Yeah, so that could have been a story threat for saying I don't mean to be this way.
Speaker 2: I would have liked if they had started up until this very moment that he's popping chocolate or drinking carbonated beverages or whatever, or.
Speaker 4: He could have been recording when he got to the to the vacuum. It could have been a case of him not going, well, this looks good, going oh, I really should not do it, but the vacuum is saying, come on, you turn us on, and he goes it was the vacuums.
Speaker 2: Or that there's even lollies in the gift bags that he's come and he's getting more and more fired up the more he does it.
Speaker 4: Yes, but he wishes he had a different family. Q Simon Worcesterfield. And then we also got the who is exactly a picker of butar just with glasses and from rich family. And then an older version arrives as well, who has married a girl.
Speaker 2: Looks very much like a millionhouse.
Speaker 4: Yes, we come out for commercial and I both say that their lives a great. They want to do the swap. Blah blah blah blah. Homie wants to punish but tells Barke get out. He wanted to punish you before I get drunk and merciful. So they swap the info. Here again, Homer just whatever. I'm just skimming past home and now because it's just horrible in this episode we know is horrible. Yes, I like that they swap the info. He's like, my dad's name's home, my mum's name is mum. And then the contrast is my butler's name is this, My horse's name is this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he tells the driver as he's driving off in the limo to laugh at which is Simon getting choked by Homer because Homer is a bad father. He arrives at the or he's driving past. It's all the McMansions, McDonald's, dreamy McSteamy, Fleetwood, mac mcaulay, Colkenman I liked this little piss take here because it happens a lot in these kind of films.
Speaker 2: Whatever your house, sir.
Speaker 4: Although you already knew that, why did you introduce that? Actually said this last time we watched an episode of Monk season three, they go to Vegas, one of the best episodes of the series so far. Right, yes, Monk goes to Vegas, but they were walking into the casino and it's now Sharon from two guys going a pizza play, she's the new assistant, right, and she says it happens in so many films or TV shows based on episode in Las Vegas. Welcome to Vegas, mister Monk. And I'm like, you've obviously arrived, checked into your hotel, done a few things. You're walking half, you're half in the casino, you're in there while you now just all of a sudden go welcome to Vegas, mister Monks. Like it's caused the opening scene of the episode. Yeah, it's like it's it's stupid, but it's totty much this. Well, here's here's your house, sir. Old that you already knew that.
Speaker 2: I think I've said it before. Were the normal I don't know if they've given a name to the cliche. But you hear a lot as as you know, Bob, when someone's got to deliver expositions you come back from a commercial break, Yeah, or in movies, you know when I think I remember it most from like you know that one The Day After Tomorrow where I don't remember anything about that movie. In some of the shit cgi Wolves, Yeah, insane weather is just destroying the planet. Yeah, but there's someone in you know, the main us weather sort of control players going Dennis Quait is the hero and he's saying so and so and so and.
Speaker 4: So, and his boss goes, yeah, we all know that. At least you're anowledging it. At least you're acknowledging it when to at least turn it into a joke. Yeah, it was just Simpsons often do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I don't think they were doing it as a joke. In the DA Aftermorrow. I think it's just like, oh, well, you've got to have a reason why this guy is saying it all, you know, acknowledge that the people in the room know this, even though we don't know what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we all know that now. But this is how No, I'm getting old, but checks out these various rooms. The best room is the one that he didn't like.
Speaker 2: The library. I was like, what a palace. I know, it's like I would live it here, it looks it looks unbelievable really to go Why because it would be quiet? Oh peace, piece of what book were imagine? Just having a library you can just go to and never be bothered. So nice. It's just tough life.
Speaker 4: Sorry, everything's great, yes, but just piecing quiet you don't appreciate until you make kids. So he's going to his bedroom now he's got like I think the ceiling is from Saddam's pallace. He's racing car bed is actually a racing car. And then Joe Montana is actually in the going to say Joe Montana, Joe Montana is actually in the painting.
Speaker 2: It's actually because they give what a million dollars to not to day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every single day that he does it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then he calls Millhouse and said he's going to be sending a car. It's the thing.
Speaker 4: Do we actually see Millhouse at the mansion.
Speaker 2: I think we do, don't we does? Because that's it. He gets a mad crush on the.
Speaker 4: On the sister, well on both on both. Yes, that's right. Yeah, okay, I guess we do get it. Yeah, I just forgot we forget it.
Speaker 2: What are their names again? I didn't say the names. I do, but they're really sort of offbeat rich names.
Speaker 4: I will look it up here because our listeners out there who aren't going to bother watching the episode and will want us to tell them all the little detail.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Who was our pal who just before said I'm not really watching season twenty, but you guys are doing the lord's work. He would be a Stonecutter of ours, and we know that Stonecutter's name. I sure do. Stonecutter's name would be one Flemish giant. Oh that's right.
Speaker 4: Flemish siblings are Devon Worsterfield and Quenley Wisterfield.
Speaker 2: That's right. Apparently he has a grand uncle Cracker. He's a Cracker executive great grand aunt by marriage Nana Sophie. So must come back.
Speaker 4: Well the first cousin once removed Luanne van Holton. Oh wait ah, so canon, So he turns out he's related to interesting first cousin once removed in law. Oh so he's Lewan's cousin. Oh so this kid spoiler turns out to be Millhouse's second cousin.
Speaker 2: Guys were well ahead of us. Hasn't even been in.
Speaker 4: This one episode, though he's made one episode appearance that was not revealed here, right, No, so there you go. I'm just trying to work out how that could be. How could it be canon on Simpson's Wiki that Millhouse is his second cousin but he only appears in this episode.
Speaker 2: Do you think that the person putting you the Simpsons wiki is just writing their own fan fiction at this stage? Why not? Because don't forget Dano. We've been fixing episodes left right. We're not making them cannon. But you know, maybe this person putting together this entry of the Simpson's Wiki, it's like spice U up a little bit, a little uh bab with a speel.
Speaker 4: They hit it with the spice wheezel your canon whizzle.
Speaker 2: Millhouse second cousin, Well you're really Millhouse's shout to Pamela Hayden. By the way, what a lady retired from the show?
Speaker 4: Millhouse has a lot of cousins apparently, Well, he was from the from the what's it called the home the home Country?
Speaker 2: What's it called the home country? The Old Country? The Old Country maybe the Old country, and that sounds like something to say, if you if you're at yeah, the old country, in the Old Country. Yeah, but yeah, okay, were there you go?
Speaker 4: Apparently they are second cousins according to Simpson's wiki.
Speaker 2: Who knew the person the person who wrote since this wiki did none of us, no one else did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because apparently Louanne van Houghten is his actual cousin.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever, I myself, I'm not tied up in canon.
Speaker 4: So now Simon is not enjoying the unhappy food that Marge is dished up to him. He's used to eating healthy food. I was eating it, just being horrible, spinning all over and talking with his mouthful.
Speaker 2: M So I worked at you. We got your memo saying everyone's getting new chairs.
Speaker 1: Father, could you talk?
Speaker 2: Love you?
Speaker 4: You bet naturally, I've fow my old chairman reductor right away, he said, no, that was the new chair.
Speaker 2: That man was two months old. Don't know. I'm setting on an orange crete. I never felt you.
Speaker 1: He stopped spinning food on me. Keep your meal in your mouth, you semi literate spew monkey.
Speaker 2: Jet jet boy. You're going your bed without topper.
Speaker 1: That was an odd thing for Bite to say, maybe he's going through.
Speaker 2: Certain changes, dead boy, think jampaign to put him to four years of puberty. Forget it.
Speaker 4: Honestly, there's not one good version of home so far.
Speaker 2: There's there's no redeeming features in this so far. And also except the he tries to save him. Yeah, I think they missed a bit where everyone in the Simpsons family should be enjoying this food. Yeah, this seemingly delicious soun and meal, even if it's not very healthy or anything like that, but it feels like every other member of the family should be having fun or enjoying it. But just to heighten the difference between Simon and the rest of the Simpsons. But no, they don't really do that.
Speaker 4: It just felt like there was not enough thought put into which is something I've said three times so far this season.
Speaker 2: And guess what we're three episodes.
Speaker 4: Yes, Milhouse is now having dinner with Bart. He slips up corning Bart in front of the butler button then leaves. The first Miss Simon and the half brother and the half sister arrive and they're beautiful, just the girl not the guy as well, and then they hate him because he's blocking their full inheritance, and Millhouse reveals he has a crush on the new sister, and that's it for mill House.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Homer is now fighting over the paper chew toy with the dog with a bit of a commentary on the war here tell them as it is, and then some of them having a phone call.
Speaker 1: This place is insane tonight. I got sent to bed without dinner. Ah, yeah, well what's up with your brother and sister? They're jealous because my father left their mother to be with my mother. Janie, you lost me, Well, gotta go enjoy the Upperlaura middle class.
Speaker 2: Margin comes in and brings him a pizza, which I thought was so at a character. This felt weird.
Speaker 4: This used to be Homer being the one bringing the stuff to the bear because it was like, don't tell your mum, there's a little bonding moment between the kids. Marg just brings a pepperoni pizza to bed and covers it and picks it up. It was nice, but it was the opposite.
Speaker 2: Of It was so much of a immediate gearshift from Bart's acting up.
Speaker 4: He didn't need his dinner, so why are you bring him a pizza in bed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because The best version of that is when Bart was being naughty. He's like, when he's in the bed, she goes you going to bed without dinner. I'm Stubb and hopefully I'm a coming believe. So that's the dynamic. That's what the dynamic used to be. Now home despises his children, or in this episode anyway, despises his children and Marge is the one. It's almost like, as we're getting to that territory now where Harry Sheer pointed it out, I've set it before they pick. They write jokes and assign it to a character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gags are not specifically designed two characters. They are just gags. Gags. The idea of those quotation marks. Dania just did the biggest set of air quotes you've ever seen in and God didn't like the look at them that bekind scary. Yes they were indeed.
Speaker 4: So yeah, much has brought the pizza and someone's there like, oh wait, you know what I can I can get used to this.
Speaker 2: This, this is this is nice.
Speaker 4: So in his life he likes the rich lifestyle in the sense that all the he gets everything he wants, but here he's getting love.
Speaker 2: It feels like there are just gaps all the way through.
Speaker 4: It's like we need this, We need to see Simon not getting any love from his parents, not mistreated, just just.
Speaker 2: Their cold or even show like the long dinner table and they're just not there, like there's this place where is father? Yeah there are place settings, but you know they're just not there. Yeah. The other thing is, I don't know it. I think it might be a bit of a trope. When you've got some poor person who has ended up in a rich situation, it's usually the butler or the help who recognizes, oh, you don't belong here, but you've got good character and I'm going to look out for you.
Speaker 4: And in the nineties it was always the same guy playing the butler. It's the new from Jamunji, the dad from jam He is a great butler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm thinking of trading places, okay, where Eddie Murphy takes over Dan Aykroyd's life and he's got Coleman. The butler played that. Dan Elliott and Dala Mellick realized like, oh, this guy's actually treating me like an equals. He's a person of good character. I'm gonna look out for him. Yeah. It would have been nice to just throw a little bit of that into this. I don't know exactly how, but as I said, yeah, it just feels like like this is a this is a dumb metaphor. But run with me. Picture of blanket. Picture a blanket, blanket pure on your boar from Tate. Oh, this seems reaverly good. You hold it up to the light and it's like, oh, there's a bunch of tiny little holes in this. This is not bad. This is a quality merge, except oh, it's got hole here here, here, here, and here. It's like, this could be easily fixed. They could have been easily fixed up the factory. Yeah, and that's what this feels like.
Speaker 4: I think they spent too long leading up to the swap. Oh yeah, that could have happened right at the start, because you didn't use any of the opening acts to to justify why.
Speaker 2: But would want to do this swap? Although to put myself into the head of someone at the in the Simpsons Rider's room of this stage, to put my head into Bill Odenkirk's head, be like, yeah, but we need to establish that things are tense between that Bart's acting up acting. I'm even more so than usual. So yeah, we're gonna have to devote a little time to that. But it's seed planning. It's going to pay off later. It's like, but it doesn't really for me. It doesn't planted too many seeds and there's not a big enough crop.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make sense though, in the sense that Marge and Homer had had enough with Bart's naughty behavior and now it's just suddenly not being naughty, and none of them seem aware of what's going on.
Speaker 2: But even then he's not. It's not enough of the gearshift of like Bart was bad and now he's good. It's like Bart was bad and now he's a snob and he's not even like, Oh, mother and father, I'm so glad that we're all having dinner together, how wonderful. It's more like, oh, you're a vile, vulgarian. You're spitting food in my face. Is like, you sp monkey. Yeah, it's like even Homer not recognizing that. It feels kind of dumb and weir. No one recognized except I mean I understand why. Yeah, ah, so it's it's no the nitpicks are all valid. Yeah, we're picking sermon, and it's here like a kid with a.
Speaker 4: Oh we got the first message the other day. It was like, it's the headlights is spread at school and I'm like, oh, it's the no, now my heads is You're thinking about it like it's three weeks to go under school. You we nearly go through it, and it's like, what are knits?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. Have you have you see a close up of them?
Speaker 4: You're like, these things look terrifying when when you zoom in on them, like there's little creatures in your head.
Speaker 2: Oh, all insects are terrifying. You're zooming closure. Have you ever seen the picture like the six hundred times magnification of like an ant's face. It looks like the motherfucker wants to kill me. Oh, let's sleeve it fine, I'll google it. So six hundred times. I'm pretty sure its six hundred times, just like just microscope microscopic close up. I know, right, that looks like crampus. Yeah, that's an ant's face. Look and it's like I want to kill you. No way. Are they its eyes or just antlers? I don't know. Let's put in the show notes. Yeah, that's scary.
Speaker 4: That is a perfect you need to make an ant horror movie and that is the face of the cover.
Speaker 2: There have been giant ant movies, I mean the whole Yeah.
Speaker 4: Don't remind me of the poor giant ant from How Honey, I Shunt the Kids still hurts me to this day.
Speaker 2: I don't really remember. We will talk about.
Speaker 4: The faster moment Honey Shun the kids is when the kids gets shrunk. Obviously, they're in the backyard or whatever it is, the front yard, and they become friends with this ant, and this ant risk its life when a scorpion comes around and fends off the scorpy, and the scorpion kills the ant and it dies in their arms, and it's like.
Speaker 2: My goodness, oh shit, holy moly, why am I crying over an ant?
Speaker 4: So we had children of the nineties, the three fuck you moments when kids movies were willing to make you cry. It was the ant dying, Honey, I Shunt the kids, Littlefoot's mum dying in the land before Time, and then Fussa being killed by scar. Did you have any members of that when you were a kid? Oh gosh, deaths or moments and movies that stuck with you and you're like you just never forgotten to the point where you'd rewatch the movie and you'd almost want to fast forward that part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were certainly some traumatic things like that. I think the main one for eighties kids. And look, I'm saying this is necessarily one of my favorite movies. But yeah, what is it. What's the name of the horse in the Never Ending Story? Oh? Yeah, don't make it through the swamp.
Speaker 4: No, but at least it survives at the end. Well yeah, but still when it goes and you're like, they're killing.
Speaker 2: The horse, cool bloom? Oh man, kids, movies used to be cold blooded. Yeah, they're just like, don't worry, kids, everything's fun because we've got to make a chequel watching above men because you know, because we live many Yeah, your money.
Speaker 4: Is that one create adorable characters, that three profit. What's step two?
Speaker 2: Don't kill, don't kill? We sold the whole underpants anyway.
Speaker 4: So yes, So going back, So Bart's now at the fancy party, which is looks like a rap video before the rappers show up the siblings and lock him in. What are these things called. It's not a grave but mausoleum, mausoleum. Okay, because they said the bodies turned to licorice. After a while, I did like that. I was something to think that they're not going to not blaying his liquorice story. So Smith's ends up letting him out and then Burns becomes friends with me basically because he has a bigger fortune or he has a bigger fortune. He thinks that hears Simon and he says he was once the youngest. Now they don't outwardly say this, and they don't even.
Speaker 2: Really imply it. But killed all his siblings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they don't make a punchine or any sort of reference. They thought this, they're going there, and then they don't do it. Yeah, but I thought it as well, So I mean you thought it as well. Oh yeah, Well, it just seems like that's where they were going, and they.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a master stroke on the part of the part of the creatives that it's like, oh, did he.
Speaker 4: Kill them because he's going watching out for them. They didn't say I should know because I did it, But he doesn't actually say that he did it.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they did make it more obvious, if you know, he sort of slipped up and said, yes, I wonder how I killed or I mean I wonder who killed all those people? If you, if Snyder, fuckers like you, and I would go thanks for telegraphing your punches. Yeah, Daniel, I could fix this in five minutes. But then burns.
Speaker 4: They're making pathetic again with the sea saucing. I wish I would have stopped with these silly gags that stop making pathetic, making them frightening.
Speaker 2: Again, make them scary. It make him a scary end face. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Grandpa then is telling stories to Simon about shooting Buffalo's and someone's actually listening. He's like, oh shit, now an ending for this story. List is confused. What didn't listen to his stories? And I was, Oh, it's the war to end all wars. PEPSI continued challenging Coke. I thought Pepsi cokes to outseales PEPs But Pepsi's.
Speaker 2: Up there now when it comes to oh, it's very much a duopoly now it feels like it doesn't it. Yeah, I don't. PEPs is not going anywhere. It's not like R. C. Colon, Jolt Color.
Speaker 4: Lai Coler, Yeah, whatever, Yeah, I tried that about six months ago. I thought, you know what, fuck you? Cole was just gonna get the cheat one. I was like, oh no, if the kids wouldn'tdrink it, the kids like this doesn't taste like PEPSI. Lisa then wants Bart back. She what's the old butt back?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: So she slaps him. He doesn't do anything about it. The old butt would have thrown me out the window. Okay, So now she knows something has to be done well.
Speaker 2: And also the fact that yeah, Simon is using terms like defenestrate.
Speaker 4: Exactly, but is packing these bags And did you know if you packed the fish take it. I had a little mini blinking in there.
Speaker 2: I didn't know fish. Yeah. I think I was just too disturbed by the whole putting. You know, there are certain things that's irrational, just like, oh god, that's really given me the weirds. Yeah, putting a fish tank in the in the suitcase and trying to close it. I was like, ah, I don't like that. It's poor fish. Poor. I don't know, just yeah, there are certain things that just give you the nails down a chalkboard feeling, and oh yeah, for some reason, that was it.
Speaker 4: Everyone has there there's something there's something, Yeah, whine is toenails or pens being clipped the sound the clip they clicking, cutting too close to the and getting the little on other things at the head dubs hailes not fun at all. But they come to him and say, oh, you must be packing for a trip to.
Speaker 2: We have a skate trip.
Speaker 4: Now you remembers, Oh, mister Burns said that they'd be be a skate trip, but they'd get me.
Speaker 5: Scrubbing you is easy because you've been pre rented.
Speaker 1: And when you're covered with goul, that's when I'm scrubbing you. Scrub up up, scrub up a pump man ark. Okay, something to tell you. I don't like the look of those air quotes. So now Barge is on his way to Aspen. They're going to try to kill him.
Speaker 2: Thank you future Bart for traveling back through time to warn.
Speaker 4: Thank your future Bart for traveling back in time to warn us. Other than that, that's fine, that that's the appreciate silly Homer. You know it's not mean, it's not mean spirited, and from the rest of the episode home is actually good. They jumps off the so they arrive in Aspen. The Champagno's blah blah blah. You also think you're not just call the police in Aspen. So the siblings are now they pushed Bart down the hill and then she offers the other brother a potato.
Speaker 2: Yes, which is a call back to early We didn't really sort of allude to it, but yeah, most of the Burns's siblings died from poisoned potatoes exactly.
Speaker 4: Homer then jumps off the ski lift to say, Bart, come on, gravity used to be cool. What are we doing here? And they turn into a snowball. They go down the hill and been the hot in the hot tub, and then they get kick out because they're not members of the clubs. They go back to a snowball again, and the episode just ends very abruptly. So Simon just gets back into his car. He realizes, you know what, I'm going to enjoy having a Sunday. What in the back of my car he with the butler did he.
Speaker 2: Sort of give somebody came like, oh oh miss the simple pleasures of life with the Simpson And then he's like, but he's got the fanciest sunday. Yeah, the gold lif I can understand. The Diamond Sharts is just gonna do rig heavy on your inside.
Speaker 4: I think it would have been better if he had to go, I ner, if I can give up this, mom Mum will call him Marge mum or whatever, and then have the window come down saying sir your sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, yes, and yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: That would have been a better way to do that in my opinion, But Homer wants to go after them. Don't leave you with them again, bad father once again. And I never thought i'd say this, but I missed you guys, which was.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm pretty sure last what you missed them.
Speaker 4: But anyway, Marge and tucks bart in and he says this is the life, which was a sweet ending. It's just this needed to be more of the story. Yes, the tuckings needed to be more emphasized by getting no tuck in by the we even see the parents do that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you needed to ramp up the role of the butler a bit more, all this kind of business. But now they were like five or six good bits in this, and they're sort of enough to string the rest of the episode around and build a bit of a great something solid, but they just don't make the most of it.
Speaker 4: But needed to see that, you know, home is a deck and he choked and whatnot, but getting absolutely nothing from the parents from his dad, and he's go, oh great either, like maybe, like you know, it could be he could act upright at that rich place and the parents don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: Right, I need boundaries.
Speaker 4: He's like, ah, well, I'm not even getting reactions.
Speaker 2: Isn't fun? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then he goalies, Oh wait, I am the problem because I'm doing it for a reaction anyway.
Speaker 2: Good lord, we've made this episode like eight times better. What do we learn bomb? All right? What did you learn from episode?
Speaker 4: Mister Davis that if I'm going to beat someone silly with a magazine, I think ladies magazine that's full of advertisements, do it in the blind spot of the security camera. Yes, I learned to never trust your siblings, especially they give you a Oh. If you're a fan of everything we do here at Fourth Finger Discount, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcast, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dando for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash fourth finger discount.
Speaker 2: From day forward, your names will be It.
Speaker 4: Is the Guy Davis New Name Championship. He currently stands at this In first position, we have yeah me, yeah it.
Speaker 2: He's on six points.
Speaker 4: In second position we have Steve Roberts and Chris Clark both on two points, and in third position Zach Wood and Carl Muldoon on one point.
Speaker 2: I just can't get enough Dando's bluesy voice. Alright, what are the names for this week? We have a lot of good new names. This was tough. I wrote down at least seven that could have got points, but not sorry, you're not all going to get points or no one mentions not even that. That just makes people feel bad. Who gets the one point? One point goes too because there's in house fighting, like what men? You kidding me? What a non lord? One point goes to don't pull gangers?
Speaker 4: Oh, the old classic dough. That will be Adam Woolhouse with his first point of the season.
Speaker 2: World On, Adam, Welcome to the Woolhouse. He's got plenty of new names. How about that? Just came up with it? Really, wow, it's not like it shows. Two points goes to son of a Switch.
Speaker 4: That is Shannon Dowdell Shannon Dodaal Dowdy. Yes, that was the first points for Shannon on the board this year, so that means Shannon is also now on two points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done, Shannon. Three points goes to lock Stock and two Yellow Rascals. His name is Brian, Oh.
Speaker 4: You pull Jared Homby no points this week, Brian Hughes. Brian Hughes are the three points. Hugh's Yeah from downtown. So Brian, Brian, Who's well done? So it was the name again once again?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: His name is Brian?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No that his new name is lux Duck and yes, Lustock and too Little Rascals, too Yellow, luck Stocking, too yellow Rascles. Good name, it's pretty good. The three points. Yes, so were others that could have got points? Yeah, we're not going to mention them, not notably. But when I say that, just I'm talking about you guys. Yes, I'm talking about you specifically.
Speaker 4: So Jared Hornby still in first position now in six points, but Brian Hughes on three points in second position. Outright, we have Steve Roberts, Chris Clark, and Shannon Dowd or on two points in third and in four Zach Wood, Carl Muldoon, Carl and Adam Woolhouse all on one point.
Speaker 2: With three episodes in to season twenty and it's anybody's race. How many episodes this season? Is it back to twenty two? Now that's a good question.
Speaker 4: Let's have a look, Simpsons, ask the Internet. Season twenty has twenty one episodes. The finale is called coming to Home America. Oh, there you go, speaking of Eddie Murphy. He's coming to America, isn't he that?
Speaker 2: That is? Yes?
Speaker 4: Is that the one we pretends he's blind? Is that coming to America?
Speaker 2: No places? And here where his guy? That's funny. Okay, what I can see it's a miracle.
Speaker 4: Eddie Murphy needs prime. I would say, what a lord.
Speaker 2: Some might say that what a lord? And now take it away. I don't know if this person's especially well. They're not in the news just at the moment. They will be soon because a movie of this is going to be talked about on the movie Guide with Molten and Davis. Um, let me try and remember exactly the schedule that Danno put. If you're a patient of four figure discount, don't remember Dan, I can just do it.
Speaker 4: It's going to be available next week on the Movie Guy Patreon channel. You want to get access to Hearing Guy and then to talk about Galaxy Quest starring Tim Allen.
Speaker 2: So I would call what a lord? Now some people mean be saying Tim Allen, why exactly? And but then like this dude's got staying power. I mean Home Improvement went for goodness knows how long have you?
Speaker 4: Eight seasons? For eight seasons and it could have kept going. But he's like, I'm out. I've got a buzz Light of your money.
Speaker 2: Because you know why, because he's voicing one of the main characters and one of the most popular animated franchises of the late twentieth and early twenty first century. Yeah, talking about Toy Story. He's the voice of buzz Light. Yeh. Yeah. Indeed, not only that, he's started to do others. Well, you know, in the wake of Home Improvement did other sitcoms. Not many people here would maybe no Last Man Standing, but that's gone for something like seven years or went for something. Oh no, I went for longer than that, went for longer. He got Likeck Revived, didn't it? I think?
Speaker 4: So I was looking at these other films that weren't as popular. Had the Shaggy Dog Jungle to Jungle Joe, Somebody Joe Somebody's Terrible? Christopher Crank's though very popular. Yes, indeed, So I'm just gonna go to what was the show Last Man Standing? Yeah, but where's the new one he's got? I wanted Shifting Gears?
Speaker 2: Shifting Gears, that's right, you know, in a shock to people who have watched a timil and said, come, he's a man who's sort of out of sync with the times, and he's got younger people in his love were saying, why did you get with the times? Old man? He's like, but I make more money and Step three profit. But I haven't we mentioned Galaxy Quest. I mean, he's the lead of a movie that is pretty much universally beloved. Have you ever met anyone said you know what sucks this Galaxy Quest? You know, you probably haven't met them, or you've done at social they've not seen it. If you've got like, you haven't seen it. Basically, I watched it. I couldn't I need to for the first lot two years ago, right, as well as one of these films where I'm like, ah, I'll get to I get to it, and I watched it. I was like, this pit was made for me? Why did I not get to this? This was literally made for me? This movie that you know, he's got the odd role where he's sort of taken a middle more of a dramatic turn. I mentioned the Dan earlier, the movie called Red Belt, written directed by David Namontt, and he's sort of playing this uh semi washed up action movie star who gets into a fight at a bar one night because people are always like trying to step to him. He's really good, and he may not be playing a character too far removed from misself, but it's like, dude, you're more versatile than people are giving you credit for. You know, you've got big hits, You've got critically acclaimed movies. Why are people giving you more respect? So, yeah, there's a whole thing about snitch on your mates because he didn't want to do your full time in prison.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you look at his his mog shot, it is like he looks like the snitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At the same time, he also looks like a roadie for the Doobie Brothers or something he does. Yeah, yeah, definite. But you know what, I occasionally we go against the grain. I will go against popular opinion, going yes, so I'm gonna Tim Allen the Lord.
Speaker 4: And I've always enjoyed Home Improvement. As I was saying to you, off the air, is one of those shows where you may not like it, but you cannot deny the fact that it is basic, simple sitcom premise that just works.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. It is the mac and Cheese of sitcoms. Yeah, it's enjoyable stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it says he's shifting gears. Premiere is in January. I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to see because I missed sitcoms. Now this is going to be a classic sitcom in front of an audience. I am all about it because hopefully tim Alie can revive sitcoms again.
Speaker 2: I'm not putting it past him to me though, Yeah, so Tim Allen is what a Lord? What a Lord? Indeed? All right.
Speaker 4: That is our review of Double Double Boy in Trouble. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Next of us said, I've forfigured discount season twenty. Ooh, it's tree House of Horror nineteen.
Speaker 2: That's right. When I saw that come up on the Disney Plus service, which I know how I watched this episode of The Simpsons, I was like, hey, we usually do this a little earlier, but I'm sure there's a reason that a Treehouse of Horror is a little later in the game.
Speaker 4: It's always about episode four or five now because because what happened was it used to premiere around the end of a hall in time, so they started with it. But now since like a few years ago, they have been in September, so they want to train.
Speaker 2: And make an insta about Helen. Okay, Yessten, so that explains why. Thank you for the explanation.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, So yeah, there'll be Treasafara nineteen will be the next episode of four Finger Discount don't forget to Please continue to rate and review us on Apple podcast Spotify, where you do final this show, check out the movie guide with Malton and Davis if you haven't done so yet, and all the other shows we offer for free. But mister Davis, any final words for those incredible listeners out there, Well, not so much for the listeners, but Dando, can I offer you a potato s