Speaker 1: Come on, come on, we got three games to play today. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Hee Rod Ryan, Yes, sir, yeh Lakey, wakey, hands off Snakey Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Check it in for a hump day. I don't know how I got tucked into doing this three games today on the show. I guess so it's wild Card Wednesday. We've got Sammy Baker Davis Junior back in our lives for the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. He's a two time Hall of Famer. He's going for win number two today. Twenty one Pilots tickets coming your way on the fun Fact Flashback. We're giving it the opportunity to go backstage and meet the fellas that's coming on the fun Fact Flashback. At six point thirty five, I was talked into playing the five game today. Five of you will compete for the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary. Showed tickets at seven twenty. The sub sub Sizzler Dayton takes on Sugarland today at eight twenty. I got Chris Staplden tickets today on the show. I got pit tickets to go see stp on Thursday night. I'll get you those on Know the show. We got ten percent chancer rain, mostly sunny, high of ninety nine. Are these wicked hot temperatures coming to an end? We shall see testing. Good morning. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Rod, and good morning homeroom. So the big headline that everyone's talking about is the Democratic National.
Speaker 4: Convention nine two. The Obamas were there.
Speaker 3: There was a lifelong Republican mayor, John Giles of Nessa, Arizona.
Speaker 4: Was there.
Speaker 3: He said he felt a little out of place. There were some protesting going on outside. And then on the political new news scale as well, RFK Junior said he's considering dropping out of the presidential race and then just endorsing Trump. Basically, he says his choice is to walk away right now enjoy forces with Trump in a statement that would require significant commitment by Trump to give Bobby True authority to execute.
Speaker 4: When Donald Trump was asked about that, he said he would consider it. So that's kind of the political stuff going on right now here in Houston. Man.
Speaker 3: It is hot and excessive heat warning for the Houston area has been extended, as Rod mentioned, through ten PM, and the heat index values are just so brutal. Much of our state is just basking in the heat. Aircot recorded an all time demand, a record demand on Tuesday, so that was yesterday. The previous record was August tenth of last year. So the forecast temperatures are set to be a degree or two lower by Thursday. We may see some showers over the weekend. But that's what's going on right now.
Speaker 4: It is so stinkin hot, all right, even though it's really hot. Halloween is just around the corner.
Speaker 3: I think you're like seventy one days away from Hollywood from Halloween, and the Hollywood Reporter made a list of thirty seven family friendly spooky movies to get you to the Halloween spirit. Of course, it includes Hocus Pocus, Hotel Transylvania on this list, Goosebumps on this list, you go check it out, The Adams Family, Beatle Juice, all to get you in the Halloween mood.
Speaker 1: And I keep seeing that term out there, summer weennt. I cannot giggle when I see it, summer ween going burly on all the Halloween stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about some celebrity news. Because Jennifer Lopez filed for divorce from Ben Affleck. It is officially the start of the start of the end, the beginning of the end. Twenty five months after they got married.
Speaker 4: In July of.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty two, Ben spent the weekend with his other ex wife, Jennifer Garner. They were dropping off their daughter for her first year over at Yale. But yeah, it did not come back around this time for them.
Speaker 4: They're divorced. That's the celebrity headline.
Speaker 1: How many times's j low bit married? Now four?
Speaker 3: I believe, at least at least for I know she married that backup dancer when she was young.
Speaker 4: Then it was Mark Anthony. Trying to think of the third one be Ben twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I forgot that they got married. I thought that they were just dating. And then yesterday I was like, oh, yeah, I guess they.
Speaker 1: Did give it. I don't think I knew they were married before. Yeah, well divorce, didn't get divorce all right? Oh No, No, I knew they were married this go around. I thought they were just dating. Okay, see, I thought it was the opposite.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Pantera, because they did a club show in Minneapolis and a.
Speaker 4: Lot of fans are wondering, is this recorded for a live album. Yeah, it's the classic lineup.
Speaker 3: There was a stand up set during the during the performance and they're like, look, this is a gig that like, I guess.
Speaker 4: It's from a future live album. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Buddy Craig gas in on this again. Yeah, well they played a club show and they recorded it, so people are just speculating that it's going to be a live album.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that comedian, they were like, look, this is the bad news is like, you're not getting paid.
Speaker 4: Like that's what they told the comedian. But the good news is that you're gonna be in the music business and hurt on a live Pantera album. So people are like, okay, we're getting a live Pantera album. Those are Houston Saidlie, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if if Ben Affleck and her got married the first goal around, I don't know, but she hasn't married four times with Ben so Mark, Anthony, Chris Judd and then this oh Johnny Noah guy, she was the first. He was the first guy that she married. So four times what you got?
Speaker 4: fIF times a charm, they said, yeah, so they said it's true.
Speaker 5: Astros felled the Red Sox last night six to five. That was a game that went back and forth all night until Boston pulled ahead at the top of the ninth. They're gonna wrap up this series with the Red Sack this afternoon. It's gonna be Justin Berlander making his first start.
Speaker 1: Tomaudre, June ninth.
Speaker 5: They'll be going up against Boston's Cooper chris Well. First pitches at one ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that if it's going on.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Four hours of Pain starts right now. If you want the first phone call, come get it seven one, three, two, two five. The most interactive show on the radio, it's this one okay ninety four to five the byes, Good morning, Rod Ryan's show, Incubus Stellar. We are often running four hours of Pain. Wakey, wakey, Thanks for being up so early with us. Wildcard Wednesday. Yeah, that's gonna be our Instagram feature today. Pole question coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to get to that, but it was suggested by a few people. Uh, talking about I guess we got into a little bit of a discussion yesterday on the show. It was talking about boomers and millennials. It's it's weird that like, I'm gen X, so I'm like in the middle of that group. You guys are millennials. The boomers are older than me. That's the that's the group that's fighting the most. I feel like gen Z fights everybody. Okay, gen Z, they're the younger group. But it was brought to my attention. I think Nurse D got it started, like what do you think what generation listens to The Rod Ryan Show? Where do we have the most people? She thinks it's jen X. I don't know. I don't know how this is going to play out. I thought Wizard was going to chime in with some words of wisdom yesterday, but he didn't. I know he heard it, so he probably knows this answer. But I'm going I'm gonna do a poll question today, so let me work on that. I'll get that up in about ten minutes or so. We got a million things we got to do on the air. How did I get talked into playing three games today?
Speaker 5: As you're gullible and very easy convinced to do things, give it quickly a good pressure, am.
Speaker 4: I I know?
Speaker 1: When it comes to my kid, I am. Well, but you guys did it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Say hey, Rod, what if we did this, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was told that the guy emailed said that the five game is his favorite game. He said it's the most stressful game to listen to on the radio. And he said, man, what a pressure cooker it would be if you made the prize Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary show tickets, twentieth Aniversary party tickets. And I said, yeah, that does sound like a pressure cooker. But we're alread played two games. Okay, we'll play three games today on the show. So Sammy Davis Baker, Sammy Baker, Davis Junior going for win number two, freshot of bed Head to Head. We'll play that at six twenty Okay, Sammy Hagar playing Friday Night Red Rocker Chili put tickets in there for the winner of the game today. Twenty one pilots. Now people are starting to hear did you say that you could go backstage and meet the guys in twenty one pilots, Yeah, we have that opportunity for you. We're gonna do that in homeroom on the fun Fact Flashback. We'll get you into the Toyota Center on September fourth, and then boom, you go backstage to meet the band Every Pilot the five game for the twentieth anniversary party. Tickets at eight twenty seven to twenty eight twenty is the suburb Summer Sissler Pit tickets to STP On the show today, what the hell that's gonna be Thursday night? So yeah, it's gonna be insanely busy. This morning.
Speaker 4: It's as nine for the first phone call of to day.
Speaker 1: Elliott Elliott, Morning, good morning, Good morning, Ryan. How are you, sir?
Speaker 8: I'm all right, I'm a little sleepy, all right.
Speaker 1: Sleepy, okay? Oh I just saw that. Yeah, there's an excessive heat warning today. Be careful everybody. What you got Elliott? Talk to me?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir?
Speaker 8: H Well, you know, speaking of the heat, we got the AC out at work and we've been we've been instance sweat all day the past week or so. So I'm ready for it to be over.
Speaker 1: Your eight, your your your your h VAC is out.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: What do you do for a living? Elliott?
Speaker 8: I'm a police lieutendant.
Speaker 1: So where are you guys? What where? Tell me?
Speaker 8: I'm a little bit we of Houston, So Columbus, Colorado County Me Columbu.
Speaker 1: Okay and what's going on over there from Houston. So you guys are working, are you in Are you in the office and your AC is out?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm in the office half the shift. The other half I'm on the street with my officers. Yeah, I try to. I try to figure out the office.
Speaker 1: Often now.
Speaker 8: It is worse than Suddings is outside if it was like, it's brutal.
Speaker 1: It's brutal work. I know at my kids school, they put out a thing even on Sunday night they said, listen, we got we got coolers in there. They're having problems with the hvacs in school, Like you can't have kids sweating at school. It's a heat I mean a heat warning is going on right now. How long you been copping Elliott?
Speaker 8: About six years now. I used to be in Harrison County and now looked over your days spot right.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you're moving up in the ranks.
Speaker 8: Quickly, Yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: We had a call. We had a call the other day that a listener felt there were more there was a bigger police presence out there on the streets and on the roads right now. Any truth to that? He really, I mean, I don't see it, but he felt there were more comps than ever out on the roads.
Speaker 8: Actually it's probably the opposite. They are all the agents. A lot of agencies brought the nation really hurt for officers. So we need to get people to start applying. Uh So that's where we're at now.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, that's what I told him too, I said, I you know, you see that on every single cop car. It's like, hey, you know what, joined the force. We need help, you know, join us, Come come be a part of the team talking. Yeah, absolutely, I see that all the time. So well, listen, lieutenant, thank you so much. Man, Please be safe out there, and we always back the blue here and we're big fans. Okay, I love it.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, Ryan, I appreciate it all.
Speaker 1: Right, Man, I hope you get that. AC. That's just you can't be in the office with that.
Speaker 4: I'm calling you Ryan from here on out.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 4: It's like just by your last names, like I'm the coach. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And a guy in my paper route I really never was called Ryan. I mean, I know it's a it's an easy last name to say. There was a guy in my paper route he used to call me Ryan. He's like, are you pat Ryan's kid. I said, yeah, apparently my dad worked with this guy that was like down the street that I delivered papers too. And I told my dad He's like, yeah, he called me Ryan too. He's like, what's up, Ryan? It's not the only guy that ever really called me that. So alright, mom on the flip got a rect? I mean, did anybody call you Middleton? A lot of people do Middleton? Well, I mean, if you play football, you get called up on your last name a lot was it was it mostly sports related?
Speaker 5: Yeah, But then you like you have people that are just like, Okay, hey, I'm just gonna call you that because I hear other people.
Speaker 1: Calling you that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you meet people that only know he has Middleton's for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Testa just get called hey, t Bone, what's up?
Speaker 4: A lot of tea?
Speaker 1: A lot of t bone?
Speaker 4: Too many ours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's dog last. Let me take a short break. When we come back at a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head the first of three games today.
Speaker 9: Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show on this wild card Wednesday. Thank you for being up breaking early with us ten percent chance of ring multily sunny high of ninety nine ninety nine. Sorry, don't be silly. Can't wait for it to be ninety excessive heat warning today, be careful. I got my poll question up. What generation are you? If you listen to the rod Ryan Show gen x? I got the breakdowns there. I'll tell you what there's no like. This is the agreed upon years for what a millennial is and what a gen zer is and what a gen x is. I went with the most popular cells. So we're looking for how old you are if you're listening to The rod Ryan Show this morning? Hit us up on the X at rod Ryan Show. Thank you, Nurse D. What's trending?
Speaker 3: The number one search on Google is Jennifer Lopez, who we had mentioned in the headlines today is filing for divorce from a husband, well from Ben Affleck no longer husband right anymore.
Speaker 1: But remember we were.
Speaker 4: Kind of trying to figure out the timeline Alex. It was that big, huge pink engagement ring that Affleck gave her way back in the day and they called up. Yeah, that's where they met. They met on the set, but they called off that wedding because they said the media and.
Speaker 3: The paparazzi, everything surrounding it was just too much. So I think it was like weeks or even days before they were supposed to get married they called it off. And then Alex remember I mean Rod. Remember she was engaged to a Rod. She was also engaged to Alex Rodriguez. So we were trying to kind of go through time because it's not just marriages. I think, yeah, the marriage is probably right on four, but she's been engaged several times too, so she never officially tied the knot that first time.
Speaker 4: With Ben Affleck. B Yeah, that they were engaged. I remember that huge pink diamond ring.
Speaker 3: So anyway, that's what's trending, and we'll we'll cover it again in headlines in the next couple of hours. Another thing that's trending. I almost sent this to you guys yesterday. Did you see Call Her Daddy?
Speaker 4: A former host of Call Her Daddy, not former host, because it's still Call Her Daddy. Alex Cooper signed a multi year deal with Sirius XM. They say it's up to one hundred and twenty five million dollar deal. So she left Spotify.
Speaker 3: When she signed that deal with Spotify, I mean that was unheard of at the time. I think that one was like sixty million dollars. But now she told Daddy Yang, Hey, I'm still going to be available on all platforms, but we're just going to be doing some other stuff on Sirius. A lot of people are like, Okay, what's what's going.
Speaker 1: On on here?
Speaker 3: What is what is the next direction of this podcast?
Speaker 1: As is probably so mad.
Speaker 3: Also, that heat, that heat is going to be the main story of our day. An excessive heat warning remains in effect until ten pm here at Houston.
Speaker 4: That's what's trending on anywore by the.
Speaker 1: Mod Where am I?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 1: He is? Okay, here we go, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 6: Two time Hall of Famer Sammy Baker Davis Junior back in the driver's seat, Harry. That Tuesday game was so Monday Eve, I promise to step it up.
Speaker 1: Bitch is.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: If you want to take him on? Can you beat two time Hall of Famer Sammy Baker Davis Junior. The game was a mess. Yesterday an absolute mess. Let's clean it up for a wild Card Wednesday. Call now one three two one two five nine four five. If you think you can beat them, Here's three days Grace, so called Life, ninety four five the bus, three days Grace and so called Life. Rob Ryan's Show, wild Card Wednesday eats. Time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, All right, well, let's play the game. No, man, I don't know what's happening. A bunch of weird things going on here this morning. Let's try that again here. Yeah, well, well, if it isn't Sammy Fingers David Junior, Sammy, good morning. I feel like, uh, I've been out working the lines, kind of work through this board here. Okay, we're getting through it. Hey, Sammy, how you feeling?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Brother? How about you? Who cares about me? I feel like you never sleep. I feel like you never sleep? Dude? Did you it six hours last night? Seven?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 6: Well? Yesterday was my first eight hour day since the hurricane, so it felt kind of good.
Speaker 1: That's a couple of months, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'm proud of you, Sammy. I want to be even more proud of you.
Speaker 1: You're taking on Kevin this morning. Kevin, Hey, Ron, how's it going good? Kevin? You played with us this year, Chilly said, like early in the year, though, huh.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I played.
Speaker 1: I've been calling for four or five years. Finally got through for the first time in February, and then second time this year. It was Oh, it was ugly. It's stunk like so, I don't remember that game. It was just I tried to get you. Yeah, you probably tried to block it out. Okay, Kevin, just fix it, dude, this is on it. Just fix it, all right. Sammy's on. Sammy's on eight hour sleep. Though he might be untouchable. All you got to do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two correct answers.
Speaker 3: Get you this tickets to see Sammy Hagar on his best of both worlds.
Speaker 1: Sure Sammy could win Sammy tickets. Crazy Kevin could win Sammy tickets. I'm still excited for him. You can steal what Sammy's Sammy tickets. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Just give me that I did and and some wonderful questions.
Speaker 1: All right, Well let's see if they're wonderful or not. Here we go, Kevin and Sammy. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What television channel played rug Rats and Rockos Sammy Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon's correct, Sammy, what generation are you representing?
Speaker 6: Gen X?
Speaker 1: You're a gen xer? Okay, what about you, Kevin, jen X You're a gen xer too. Nursety predicted that would be the biggest turnout this morning. We're asking generations on the X this morning. The little Pole question at Rob Ryan Show. Come on, we've got a game here. Sammy's on the board. Kevin, you need this to stay in it. Here we go. What is recommended you do to your teeth every morning and night? Kevin? Brush them? Sure, I would accepted flaws. I would have accepted probably a few other things. Oh mouthwash maybe, yeah, you could individually polish each one. Have you had a lot of time on your hands? Water pic Kevin and Sammy on the board for Sammy tickets. Okay, I think this is a difficult question. I'm going to ask it anyway. Sammy and Kevin. What Tarzan spoof character needed to watch out for that tree? Kevin, that'd be George of the Jungles.
Speaker 4: Levin I was wrong about you.
Speaker 1: I think I think you motivated Kevin. Maybe Sammy too much sleep. I can't win only rost over that manal hell, Ludy sleep in your life way? What are you chili?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 1: All right? Sam? I mean two time Hall of Famer is out of here.
Speaker 7: Kevin.
Speaker 1: I don't know how bad you stunk up the place in February, but you kicked a little ass today.
Speaker 12: Outstanding, Sorry about that standing.
Speaker 1: You want to play tomorrow? Absolutely? Oh and you're going to see Sammy Hagar Friday night now too? All right, out dandy, it is great. Hang on, welcome back to school kids.
Speaker 4: Please report coonies to the school nurse accusing hittyone falsely of having grounds for repeated nookies.
Speaker 1: Rod Bryan on ninety four to five Buzz, that's good morning, Rod Ryan Show. It's Poppa Roach and last resort. Daniel says, all that j Lo talk and not one of us said p Diddy. Was she engaged to him or I mean dating?
Speaker 4: Defin dating?
Speaker 1: They famously dated.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's wearing like.
Speaker 3: That white bandana and like the white top and white jeans, and she was like on suit.
Speaker 4: She's like, maybe can't you even live? I want this vibic.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that, Jlo. I guess it's official. She's getting divorced. So we had a little like a Macro Jlo discussion earlier this morning. All right, you do you j loo?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain mostly sunny, high of ninety nine. Heap warning today and a new champion, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 1: This is Kevin.
Speaker 12: You're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Hold me my second time ever playing this game, and I just took out a two times Hall of Famer. You may need to keep an eye on me. Join me on Thursday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 1: It is all right, and he's super excited. He did say that he stunk the place up in February. He was a fresh fish in February. He's been trying for years to get on the game. I use this as motivation for somebody that's never played before. You could be Kevin. Okay, he's off this. He played it. He answered two silly questions correctly. He's going to Sammy Hagar and he could win some more crap tomorrow. Okay, it's the only game on this show that we let you win multiple times in multiple days. There's nothing else like it. Very generous, nothing else out there. All right, let's go.
Speaker 14: It's the fuck that's to the day. We make you look smart and your buddies. It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 1: Oh that jingle stooped, So guess the air hair my arms standing up? Hell yeah, twenty one pileot's tickets coming up backstage passes. But first, some new fun facts. During the American Revolution, George Washington swore he had never he would never set foot on British soil again. So then a statue of him was going up in London. In nineteen twenty one one, they would put up a statue. The state of Virginia sent over some dirt and the statue was erected on top of American soil. I told you a friend that wanted it was gonna have a kid that was born outside of Texas. This idiot wanted to put Texas dirt underneath the table, underneath the underneath the bed where the mom's giving birth. He's like, you can't bring dirt into a delivery room, dummy. I want I want my kid born over Texas soil. All right, what's next, smart friends, people produce an average of point to eight pounds of this every day poop poop. Yeah, it's a little over a quarter pounder. That's about one hundred pounds a year. Guys, if I'll do the math for you, I know you're trying to figure that out. Who's feeding back me? Is it mean? Sounds like Hendrix at Monterey. The first ceiling fans were installed in America in the eighteen sixties. God bless you. I love a ceiling fan. I know that there's some areas where it's like, okay, it doesn't work. I used to watch those dumb decorating shows and they would always rip out the fans. The fans are necessary, okay. Eighteen sixties they were powered by running water, a turbine and belts. Oh that's neat belts. Who's got a ceiling fan in their bedroom? Oh?
Speaker 4: I do everyone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, no, No, it doesn't go.
Speaker 4: With the fun.
Speaker 1: Now you have a new house and Mama wouldn't allow it. We have fans in there, but they're not on the ceiling. Okay, Oh I need a ceiling fan. It's the fuck.
Speaker 14: Back to the day we make you look smart in your buddies. It's the fuck to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, talk about this amazing prize.
Speaker 3: Here, I will to a pair of tickets to see twenty one Pilots. They're going to play the Toyota Center September fourth. Also, when you win the tickets, you and your guests will be able to meet the band backstage at the show.
Speaker 4: Pretty pretty huge deal.
Speaker 1: Huge Okay, the flashback. There are four thousand, seven hundred species of frogs, but only one makes this sound. You gotta do the sound seven to one. This is a layup to go backstage. Man, Let me tell you seven one three two one two nine fours. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. You can tell the guys in twenty one Pilots what you did to get back there. All right, I'll be doing Wall Street yesterday.
Speaker 15: Well, we just gave a little back that that was down sixty one points. Kick off this morning at forty thousand, eight thirty four NASDAC down sixty to seventeen eight hundred and sixteen. Bens Martin, Your treasury is trading at a three point eight two percent in oil stands a seventy four dollars four cents of barrel to the most actives, the Big Studs, Parcter and Gamble, Home Depot and Walmart, the Big Dugs, Boeing, Intel and Dow. The economic calendar this morning is all clear right now features looking good, They're on the upside. And hang on to this will be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 15: METI here this is Halan Manatu director with her James Party for the Rod Ryan Show from Ramy James and Sam Fliep and the Gusta and don't forget to bays rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 9: Famian's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates, thancome I Ever, NYC, as, IBC I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the The Studs and do It are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young Finance ninety four five the bus, Welcome back rod Ryan Show. It's time Yeah, fun fat flashback. Adam's on the phone. Hey dude, Hey, how's going great? How is your morning? Starting off going great?
Speaker 14: Driving?
Speaker 1: Work a little CRAPI, but we're good. Okay, okay. There are four thousand, seven hundred give or take species of frogs out there. Only one makes this sound. What is the sound? Ribbit nailed it? Never it. There's one frog that makes that out of the over four thousand species. We associate the ribvet with all frogs because that frog is native to California and that's the one that sound engineers recorded and they use that for all the movies. So we're led to believe that all frogs sound that way. No, it's just that one species of frog, and Adam Adam sounds like that. Ay go, dude, what are you giving them? Dude?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you a Parentcca to see twenty one pilots and you and a guest can meet the band backstage at the show.
Speaker 4: So tell the pilots send them our love.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 8: I've been trying to buy tickets. They've been so crazy.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much, man, Thank you Adam for being a part of homeroom. Hang on the phone for me. It's ninety four to five to Buzz all Ride ninety four five the Buzz the offspring Man wild Card Wednesday, We're gonna play the five game next hour. That's how you get a win near I just answered an email, Hey man, when you giving away those Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets around seven twenty, we'll start gathering up those five brave souls that want to go up against one another. Four will be destroyed, one smiling, bright listener will remain, and we will give them a pair of tickets to the most coveted show in town. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly Sonny. I's right around one hundred heat warning again today. That's like blowing right past the heat advisory. So wicked hot today. Got to deal with it. Hopefully the weekend's not going to be quite as warm. Tessa has more Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I do, okay, So let's start with the national stuff, because that's really the big talk of last night. The DNC National Convention was night two, and there were protesters outside, but it was what was on the stage, and a lot of people are making note of first a Lady, former first Lady Michelle Obama got.
Speaker 4: A standing ovation.
Speaker 3: It was at the United Center, so kind of like chaos outside, but inside, like Little John performed, there was a ton of a ton of speakers and performers in front of a very likely crowd of delegates in Chicago.
Speaker 4: So that's what's going on on the national scale here. Oh, actually not here. I wanted to mention this.
Speaker 3: Did you see that people are like blurring out their homes on Google Maps. It's becoming trendy for people to blur images of their homes on Google Maps because it's a precaution against burglaries and home invasions. So if you wanted to jump on this trend, Users enter their address into Google Maps, you select street view, You go to the settings, and then select report a problem. From there, users can request that Google blour out.
Speaker 4: Portions of their house.
Speaker 3: It can take a while for changes to be made, but this is something that a lot of people are doing because they don't like the idea that anyone could kind of just survey their home at any time they please using the Google Map. So I wanted to mention that this morning. Okay, let's talk about mornings because you know, we wake up early on this show. Even if you are a morning person, you can admit a lot can go wrong in the first few hours of a day that can go right. According to a new survey, the average person says they know if their day has been ruined by eight thirty six.
Speaker 1: Eighty No, come on, so many great things can happen to you after that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, maybe you slept past your alarm. Maybe your coffee maker is like acting up. Maybe traffic is just okay traffic. If you get caught in one of those things that we see on the map road when the helicopters are like seeing that delay, I mean, if you get caught in that, that.
Speaker 4: Could ruin in a morning, What does hell tell you? Turn this baby around?
Speaker 1: Turn this baby around. So here's what this is the takeaway for me. You think something happens in the morning, you can't just let that dictate that your whole day's gonna suck. You've got to turn the maybe around. I get it. I understand how things happen. You know, you forget something, you forget your wallet, you forget your phone. I get it. It's awful. You can't let that ruin your whole day. You just can't. Yeah, there's too many other things that need to happen.
Speaker 3: I have days where it's not the day, like I'm being clumsy, maybe I'm dropping something, I get like a paper cut, something falls on my shoe.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Those are just little things, right, They're not in the grand scheme of things.
Speaker 4: Okay for guys, nothing, but like.
Speaker 3: When they're happening back to back to back, I'm like, I want to go back to bed.
Speaker 4: I do not want to exist. It's me. I'm the problem. I need to go back to bed.
Speaker 1: You wake up and you're getting ready and you realize, oh damn, I didn't plug in my phone last night. That's like, that can't ruin your day.
Speaker 4: No, you gotta get soldier on. You got to solder on.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The average person says they have about four bad days per month.
Speaker 4: That's forty eight per year.
Speaker 3: So how does the average person know that their day is ruined. Well, we've got the is here. Waking up and feeling sick. Sickness can put your day down. If they slept poorly through the night, if they woke up with a headache, losing your keys for getting your phone at home, running out of toilet paper, sleeping through your.
Speaker 1: Alarm, just wipe with your hand, oh.
Speaker 3: God, stepping your toe. And yeah, we have a whole blog page on this. We hope it is our job to turn your day around.
Speaker 4: We hope that we are making your day a little bit better on this show.
Speaker 3: The director of Joaquin Phoenix Joker Movies says there won't be a third one. Then again, after the first one, he said there wouldn't be a second one.
Speaker 4: So I guess they're going to see how well this does at.
Speaker 3: The box office, because remember Joker was like a phenomenon and it was just pulling in all this money. So I think for I think, if the price is right, you can probably get another movie out of anyone.
Speaker 1: When does it come out?
Speaker 4: Ooh, not sure?
Speaker 1: This isn't before Halloween, because it's before Halloween.
Speaker 7: That's gonna be everybody's Halloween Joker.
Speaker 1: Is it not out already?
Speaker 4: Release? State October fourth?
Speaker 1: Oh d, that's everybody's comes cousin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll have its world premiere at the Venice International Film Festival September fourth, but it'll be released theatrically in the United States on October fourth.
Speaker 1: It's gonna make so much money, they're gonna make a third one. They're just going to Yeah. Well, although Waking Phoenix is an is an actors actor, he's a little quirky and weird. He might he might walk away from it. That would be the only reason, because Leading Gaga will do a second one. Well, I don't know. Maybe she gets maybe she gets killed in this one. Spoiler alert, Wow, Rod, I don't know. No one's seen it.
Speaker 3: Okay, no one's seen this either, but I have a feeling Rod might. There is a trailer for an eighties hair metal docu series.
Speaker 1: I love a.
Speaker 3: Docu series because it's like, Okay, we're gonna set it up this way, and then it's like.
Speaker 4: Boom, I'm in. I'm hooked.
Speaker 3: This is called Nothing but a Good Time, and it explores the over the top world of eighties hard rock and glam metal guys. They got interviews from everyone, and it's the same director as Jackass and the Dirt, but they got interviews from like Poison, they got Rat Dave Snake, Sable of skid Row.
Speaker 1: I wonder if this is going to be an accompaniment. If I'm saying that word correctly, Companiment, Accompaniment. There's a book called Nothing But a Good Time that I read and it's eighties mess metal, and they must be adapting that into a documentary because that book is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Poison Death, lepperd, Guns n' Roses, Quiet Right, skid Row, Wasp like. All the interviews are there if you want to watch a trailer to this. It's pretty it's pretty awesome. I will say. It's on our music blog page.
Speaker 5: And those are just int headlines before Nirvana came in and said, Hey, your hair looks dumb.
Speaker 1: Hey try hard, Hey hair spray, get in the back. The flannel four is coming through all right once you got.
Speaker 5: Astros fell the Red Sox last night six to five. They went back and forth all game with them before the Blosso pulled ahead on the top of the ninth. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Red Sox this afternoon. Justin Berland is gonna make his first start for the Stros since June ninth. They'll be going up against Boster's Boston's Cooper Chris Well and first pitches at one ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talks seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 16: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's Lincoln Park and paper Cut. Welcome to the seven o'clock hour. If you're carrying over from home, room, thank you. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky heap warning again. So hot, so hot? I asked London, I go, did you play in the playground yesterday like at school?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 1: She said yeah, but like fifteen minutes that was it. I said, you guys bring water bottles with it. They're like yeah, Like it was it hot? Because yeah, and you just sit there. It's like no man ran around played. I want that. I do want that.
Speaker 4: She better have some block on, That's all I freaking though.
Speaker 1: Put it on in the morning. Okay, so hot. So picking her up from school, I'm like sweating side a walking home. It's awesome, Colornu, It's awesome. I'm so happy right now picking a kid up from school and walking her home. She gets to walk home with her friends and do all of that. Like, I love that. It's just so unbelievably hot outside it's disgusting. It's and you soaked. You go outside for ten minutes, you're soaked. I'm talking to somebody listening right now that works outside saying, hey, little wimpy radio man, I'm out here all day.
Speaker 3: So you know, Legacy Man, I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods on Thursday. Because you know that guy that skates around on rollerblades and like pumps up.
Speaker 4: I don't know everyone. He looks like he's from the eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Legacy Man is like a Heights legend right now. He's a roller He's jacked. He's so hot, he's jacked. He has a beautiful wife, wife twin.
Speaker 4: Beautiful kids, beautiful family.
Speaker 1: Yeah so yeah, so he just kind of rollerblades. I ran into him. He's running, he's doing man's.
Speaker 4: Notice, That's what I'm saying, Like, is he out in this heat? Is okay?
Speaker 1: I ran into him a couple of weeks ago, and he's just the sweatiest mess ever. Right before White Linen because he was booked to maybe be on Nineteenth Street, everybody followed Legacy Man on on Instagram. He's he's a cool dude.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to do an interview with him on Thursday, and I'm really I really hope it's not hot.
Speaker 4: I did sault.
Speaker 3: That's it I want. Because it's gonna be outside, I want him to be on blades. Maybe I put on some blades and we do an interview that way.
Speaker 1: I mean for Houston life. Can he be shirtless? He's a shirtless guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not? It's hot.
Speaker 1: I mean, it'll be his choice. But like he's like his best foot forward is when he's shirtless.
Speaker 3: Well, I want him to give you, like some of his footage from his performances, and he doesn't have a shirt on some of those. Yeah, he's pretty jacked. It's like it's like important to know that he's jacked.
Speaker 1: Every word about what I'm about to say is a true story. Okay. When I moved to the Heights, I started seeing this guy, yeah, kind of cruising around. I remember telling you guys about myself.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then when I followed him on Instagram and he saw that the Rod Reinschold liked it. He I remember his comment, is this even real life?
Speaker 4: He's so nice.
Speaker 1: He's such a nice guy. So he's all over the place, rollerblading around the Heights and now he comes over and we talked to him, right, but before we kind of knew him. Always said high, always some small talk, and the guys are always outside, the husbands and stuff. Right, Legacy Man comes around the wives all of a sudden. The wives like they come out like a bear out of hibernation. Okay, these wives don't go outside. They come out of their cave and now they're on the porch and Legacy Man is just chit chatting with us, you know, in the streets and stuff. And he's he's rollerblading's energy rock. He's got the he's got the ray the big face shield glasses, right, and he's eighty. He's a throwback guy. He's got music strapped to him, no shirt, and he's rollerblading around shredded. That first Christmas that I was I was married at the time. That first Christmas in the Heights, Santa Claus left me a pair of rollerblades. Do you think I asked for roller blades? I didn't.
Speaker 17: Okay, it was like maybe you too could like maybe get ripped and maybe my husband can be shredded like Legacy many Santa Claus brought me an unsolicited not on my.
Speaker 1: Christmas wish list. I got a pair of roller blades that year for Christmas because of him. Yeah, and they are still sitting there with the tags on them. Okay.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask you to come out and do the interview too, but I guess you get me on blades. Anyway, I'll see you Thursday, hope, maybe i'll go. Maybe i'll swing by in the heat wave.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we've got a game coming up, and it's the five Game. I'm sorry, I forgot the dude that suggested it, but he said, dude, you should play the five game. It's the most panicky, like the anticipation and everybody is stressful, stressful, And I guess is that good? Do you want that in the morning? Yeah, I know it stresses me out. We're gonna get five of you on We're gonna play the five game. And then he said, because this game is so intense, he said, the most intense prize would be rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. So that's the two great tastes that are gonna taste great together hopefully coming up after the break. I'm gonna get five of you on board with us to play the game, and one of you is going to win anniversary show tickets.
Speaker 16: Good luck Houston, Rock Houston's alternative and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five the Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. All right, I am going to be soliciting for five of you to get in on a little game here. You don't have to do much, just sit there and wait for the wait for Alexon. What do you do? You pull a lever, the ground comes from underneath them. They go down to.
Speaker 7: The moment like they just get dropped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four people get destroyed on the radio, and then one lives to go to the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. That's basically the five game. Okay, uh heat warning today mostly Sonny high of ninety nine. I know that those numbers are going to be skewed because it's on the X and it kind of is a reflection of well, who's still on you know, the old Twitter at X listeners of the rod Ryan Show. What generation are you? Fifty four percent of our audience Millennials, forty percent Gen X, just under four percent Boomers, and only one point five percent Gen Z's. So that's on the X right now. That was suggested by a few of you that we do that pole question, what's trending?
Speaker 3: Travis Kelcey is in talks to maybe be in an action comedy. The same director of the John Wick movies is apparently talking. He's in the development enough kel with Kelsey to start in Loose Cannons, which is an action comedy.
Speaker 4: There's no production timeline or release it yet, but apparently they're equally interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not okay enough and I'm disinterested in both of those boys, Okay, Kelsey Fatigue.
Speaker 4: I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 1: Thank you for just letting you know.
Speaker 3: Alicia Silverstone, her fans were very worried. She had posted on Instagram like eating a poisonous berry and everyone was freaking out. They're like, that's poison. You're gonna unlive yourself. But she returned to Instagram with an update alive and well, don't worry.
Speaker 4: I didn't swallow.
Speaker 1: She's a weirdo.
Speaker 4: I mean she really.
Speaker 1: Years ago she was baby birding her kids. Yeah no, she was chewing food and spitting it in her kid's mouth like a bird. Well weirdo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who ever, mom's won a mom, you know.
Speaker 3: And then I don't know if you saw this, but the University of Houston will officially introduce their athletic director.
Speaker 4: It's not news. I think that we knew it was going to be this Eddie.
Speaker 3: Uniaz guy from University of New Mexico LSU. But I think today's the day where they're doing like the welcome party and there might be a press conference and all that stuff for him. So Gokub's and that's what's trending on eighty For five of.
Speaker 1: Us, I need five of you, five brave souls to call in seven one three two one two five nine four five. This is the game where I will ask one of you to pick a phone line, get rid of that phone line. You might pick your own line. You don't need to do that, but we'll just kind of just pick listeners off until there's one remaining. That one remaining lucky soul will be at the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. You want to play the five called Chile now seven one three two one two five nine four The rod Ryan Show Morning so On ninety four five.
Speaker 10: The Buzz ninety four five in the Buzz, Green Day, Welcome to Paradise, rod Ryan Show Wild Card Wednesday, Getting ready to play.
Speaker 1: The second of three games today next hour. About an hour from now, we'll be setting up for the suburb of Summer Sizzler. Don't miss it. Dayton's taking on sugar Land. You got to cheer on your suburb when they're playing. Bobby from Dayton and Karen from sugar Land trying to get into the Great Eight. These are still all Sweet sixteen games that are happening right now. Heap warning worse than a heat advisory. Same thing as yesterday. Man, Mostly sunny, low chances of rain, high temperatures of around one hundred degrees. Okay, this game is stressful. This music doesn't help, Alex I like it at all, Like it adds to the stress level. We're gonna play a game called The Five. I was talked into it one email, but I agreed. The drama that comes along with this game and the most coveted ticket in the city, the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Five people are willing to sacrifice at all, and I mean sacrifice it all to get into the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary Party. What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna bring them all on and random order. They don't know what line they're on I got lines one, two, three, four, and five, and Fabio is on one of them. Hey, Fabio, hello, welcome to the five. Dude. Great to be here. That would suck to be I have to go into that fall into that moat with a snapping gaiters and everything tearing you apart and going into that death roll. You don't want that, nat morning, do you now that? Now? That could give you? That would be a bad day. It would be a bad way to start today, and you would have a bad day all day. Okay if you got tore apart by a croc.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no coming back from that.
Speaker 1: Let's bring on Daniel, Daniel, good morning, Yes, sir, dude, welcome to the five. Thank you. Good luck to you. Bro. I hope I don't kill this name.
Speaker 13: R r.
Speaker 1: R. How are you today? I'm doing well. How are you great? Dude? I mean, I listen, I'm not risking death here to win tickets, so I'm fine. Good luck to you, ar Thank you. Mike wants those tickets, Hi, Mike, Yeah, good morning, Good morning man, Good morning Mike. And then, last but not least, again, we don't know what phone line these guys are on. It's Tony, good morning by the ride lumber Yard. Up in here. Five dudes wanting to get in to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. Okay, I got Mike, Daniel, Tony, en R Fabio, Tessa. Who should I start with? Who do you think it should go first?
Speaker 4: Let's go with Mike. Whoa whoa?
Speaker 1: Pump the brakes?
Speaker 4: You asked?
Speaker 1: Okay, that guy. Hey, Mike, I don't know why she called on you, but I'm going to ask you to give me a number one through five. There's five of you on the phones. Everyone's got their own line. What line do you want me to get rid of? Obviously you're sitting on one of those lines. Do not call out the line that you don't know that you're sitting on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, I'll go with the line number three.
Speaker 1: Line number three, Oh so stressful, really stressful, too stressful. Final answer to what if you're sitting on three?
Speaker 16: Oh dog, my wife will kill me.
Speaker 1: You wanta be dad? So sitting on line number three?
Speaker 11: Daniel, You're out of here. Daniel, You're gone, get him.
Speaker 1: Out of here, Shelley. All right, Mike, nice play for now. Yeah, I got Tony Fabio Mike and Enar Alex. Who do you want to pick on next? I want to Line three is gone. There's only four lines left. Okay, there is a twenty there's a twenty five percent chance you're gonna pick yourself. Don't do it. You want line one, two, four or five? Five? The name of the game is five in R in R, you are not online five. Give you a small bell. You're safe. But Fabio, Tony and Mike are not safe. One of you is online. Five there and it's Tony. Goodbye bone, oh snaping turtle, crocodile. Tony's gone. Goodbye Tony. And then there was three and then there's three left. You're right, there's only three people left.
Speaker 4: Legators are hungry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taste. Oh yeah, there's blooding my water. Okay, Enre good call on that. Thank you. I don't think we've talked, Fabio. What do you think He's just gonna fly through this thing. No one's gonna talk to you, Fabio. I I see you hiding over there. It's like, oh my god, don't call on me. Do not call on me, Fabio. There's three of you left. It's you, Mike and Ar. I've got lines one, two, and four available. You're on one of them. Let's get rid of somebody. Let's get let's just cut them loose. There's too many of you cut them. I only got one pair of tickets. Cut somebody loose? Bro one, two or four? Who are we getting rid of? Let's go with Let's go with two?
Speaker 5: Two?
Speaker 1: Here we go, Fabio. Hm, hmm, you are safe? Line two? Is it?
Speaker 5: Nar?
Speaker 1: Is it? Mike? Mike, You're out of here? Sorry, Bro, I don't know why that's so satisfying. And now he's gay, and my god, there's two people left. Mike is gone. Goodbye Mike.
Speaker 4: Fairly well, R.
Speaker 1: You have a horse shoot in your butt? Okay, that's okay, because Fabio has a rabbit foot up there. So I don't know which one's going to be better luck. But now I must go back to R. And I'm going to ask you do the right thing. Pick the line that you're not on to win tickets to the twentieth Anniversary show. Line one and line four is available right now. Line one and line four. What line would you like us to get rid of?
Speaker 4: Line one?
Speaker 1: It's fifty to fifty. It's like flipping the coin. Yeah, yeah, you're on one of these lines. R. Yeah, is line one your final answer? Line one, final answer, Fabio, You better not be on line one. I will hang up on you in a second. Okay, I will turn you Lewis. Those gators are happy, they're camping. They're just snapping and death rolling in that moat. I don't care. I don't care who it is sitting on line one. R. It's you. Oh no, well you picked your own line. Sitting online four and surviving. Everybody is Fabio. Yeah, congratulations, Fabio. What are you giving him?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 4: Dude, you're in.
Speaker 3: You're going to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party at Carbock Brewing.
Speaker 4: You can not buy tickets to this. You have to win. You in and you are a lucky lucky man today.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Oh man, finally some good luck. We're gonna bring Who are gonna bring to the party, Babbio, My wife kill me if I don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was gonna say no, but yeah, your wife's probably the better choice.
Speaker 1: Would have been a great day. But he's he's gator bait right now, so he's gone. He's gone. All right, dude, we will see you at the show. And playing an unplugged acoustic sept will be Shine Down. Maybe they'll do this one. Here we go, Don't Die. Fabio's in. It's ninety four to five, The Buzz, ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Soundgarden, Dead Don't Die. Well. I understand, I understand everybody's excitement. I'm super excited about it. The Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Brent and Zach from Shine Down. You just heard just that was Zach just shredding on the end of that song. They're gonna do an acoustic set Sublime Blue October Theory of the Dead Man X's There is no on sale. There's no tickets being sold for this. You have to win your way in. It's the only way to get in. Fabio and his wife are in, Okay, and we're down four listeners, David, I mean in the moat. The whole thing is it's a mess right now. That's why I don't play that five game too much. We lose four listeners every time, so keep listening all day. Jeremy I was told that he does have tickets for you when he comes on after us, So win your way in with Jeremy coming up after the show. Nicole says, all those dudes playing that game, I feel like a crazy stalker X trying to win these tickets. And she showed me her ninety four to five the buzz recent calls one hundred and fifty four times Nicole tried to call to get into play the five chat MC. What is for the very last pair of tickets to the anniversary show? You had physical tickets and you hid them somewhere. What I thought I was gonna do with the last tickets to the show. I thought it was going to be a golden ticket. I was going to put it in a candy bar. It's an original idea. I was going to put it in one candy bar. I was gonna have people go buy candy bars and then keep buying candy bars and opening up and opening up, and you're looking for a golden ticket. An original idea. What do you think of that one? I love it for the last ticket on that Friday before the show.
Speaker 4: That's really creative.
Speaker 1: Speaking of gold for the first time ever, I thought this was interesting. A gold bar is now worth one million dollars. That's the price of gold has gone up. Okay, cool before this, previously, before today, you could have bought a gold bar for under a MILLI.
Speaker 4: Why didn't we, Alex, why didn't we? Where was tapping.
Speaker 1: Path on that? I don't know why. I mean, I see these guys on TV by gold. You know, I don't have gold. Might be rich. I don't have any gold.
Speaker 4: I'm buried somewhere in your yard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's on your cellar. No for gold often, I never found it. I'll tell you what the guys, the guys over at it ten US coins and jewelry. Yeah, they got some big pieces of gold over there. It's awesome. I mean, I've held some pretty monstrous pieces of gold in my hand before. Never a gold bar. If you're curious, there's different like Troy ounces and whatever they use for that. It's about twenty seven pounds of pure gold. But a gold bar is like you see in the movies. It's a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, I'd be willing to post on Instagram for that one post per bar?
Speaker 1: What's your charge for a post in the gram?
Speaker 10: A bar?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: Bars on me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a candy bar and I'll post it.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The Morning Show A ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, ninety four or five and the buzz that's Finger eleven. They're gonna be opening up when Creed and Three Doors Down comes through. Sold out show. Do we have tickets for that show? I don't know. Were they smart enough to tuck a couple away before the show hits? Probably? I hope, So, I hope we give away tickets to that show. Still we did. We gave away a lot already, but I've told everybody to get in there early and don't miss out on Finger eleven. Man, they are so great live. They really are. Another ridiculously hot day on Tap today. I mean Drew temperatrol, he run in ninety nine degrees. I mean, that's it, just ninety nine mostly Sonny. Ten percent chance of rain, but yeah, we got that heat advisory. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Thank sure do.
Speaker 3: Minnesota Governor Tim Walls will officially accept the Democratic nomination for Vice president tonight. It will be day three of the Democratic National Convention in Chicago. He'll accept a nomination after speeches from former President Bill Clinton, Transportation Secretary Pete Boudages, and former House Speaker Nancy p Last night was Night two, the Obama spoke a little John performed and there were protesters outside that classed with police. So that's kind of me getting you caught up on that. There's an excessive heat warning for our area. It's been extended through ten pm tonight. Today's heat index values are expected to top one hundred and thirteen degrees. Yesterday was officially the hottest day of Houston's It was officially Houston's hottest day of the year at one hundred and two degrees, which was one degree hotter than Monday. So a lot of our state, a lot of Texas is just bit basking in this heat.
Speaker 4: There's this heat Dome.
Speaker 3: Eric Coot recorded an all time demand record yesterday. The previous record was August tenth of last year. So tis the season, guys. Tempts are a forecast to be a degree or two lower by Thursday.
Speaker 4: Maybe we see some showers over the weekend, but right now it.
Speaker 3: Is just hot, hot, hot, now, whether you think it's too early or not, Spooky season is also upon us. Pretty much all spirit Halloween's doors are open at this point. Yeah, I think so. So if you get into the Halloween spirit early. The Hollywood Reporter wants to help you. They've put together a list of thirty seven family friendly Halloween movies.
Speaker 4: Top three no.
Speaker 3: Surprise here, Hocus Pocus, Beatle Juice and The Adams Family the nineteen ninety one one.
Speaker 4: There's also an animated version, but not that one.
Speaker 3: You want to get more into the list, Okay, Halloween town sits at four, Hotel Transylvania at five, Ghostbusters at six, Coraline it's seven the Night before Christmas, Monsters Inc.
Speaker 4: And Corpse Bride.
Speaker 1: Hub's Halloween has become has become a tradition in my house now for London, and I listen, I'm not Adam Sandler. Guy, I'm not. I know I should be. Everybody loves the Sandman Hube Halloween. My kid loves it, and I'm beyond not minding it. I kind of like it too.
Speaker 4: December thirteen on this list, it just.
Speaker 1: Kind of happenso cringey, it's like good almost, Yeah, it's good. And Kevin James, you know, all of.
Speaker 5: His little bits in it where ride centis street and everybody just throw his garbage at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ray Liota is in it before he passed away.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Bennifer.
Speaker 1: Two point out rip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when they got back together, everyone's like, oh my god, true love.
Speaker 4: It just comes back around.
Speaker 1: Look obs stories.
Speaker 3: They couldn't work it out the first time, and now they're gonna they're really gonna make it this time.
Speaker 4: Well that's not true.
Speaker 3: Jeffer Lopez has filed for divorce from Ben att Flack. TMZ says she filed the paperwork in California on Tuesday. The singer filed for divorce by herself. She was not with an attorney, listing the date of separation as April twenty six, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: So this is now, Liz, let me ask you this please.
Speaker 1: Ben Flack looked miserable in every photograph, and they just said that he hated the paparazzi and everything was fine. Now we know everything wasn't fine, No, was he that? I know he kind of has a resting, bitchy face. He's kind of got that thing where he looks just a miserable at all times. But you kind of think that he was pretty miserable. Do you know it was?
Speaker 3: I really think I think the second time she came around, I think Ben Affleck like cannot resist jay Loo. I think he thinks she's like the hottest thing. I think he's like physically so attracted to her.
Speaker 4: That's why he busts out. Like every time they.
Speaker 3: Get engage, your married, he buys like the biggest.
Speaker 4: Diamond he can find. But then he's with her, then he has her, he's with j Low, and he realizes, like this chick loves the limelight, she loves to be famous. And I think in his little head he thinks I can do this, Like I can really do this.
Speaker 3: I can let my chick be so thirsty for the spotlight and I'll manage because I love her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then like he gets it, and he's like, oh my god, oh I forgot.
Speaker 1: I can't do that.
Speaker 4: The cameras, the cameras are everywhere.
Speaker 3: She's calling the paparazzi on herself, she's making movies about their love story.
Speaker 4: It's embarrassing. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: That's why can't why but you come to that conclude before you spend a million dollars on a rent.
Speaker 4: He's but he's winded by the booty.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she's great in other ways too.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's that's my theory. And and do I have sources sighted trust.
Speaker 1: Me, bron.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's talk about Pantera, because they did a show in Minneapolis and yeah, you know, they're doing their set lists as usual as usual, and then a comedian comes out during during one of these intermission breaks and and he's doing this thing and he's like, hey, we're not paying you. Pantera tells him we're not paying you, but you will be heard on a live Pantera album. So people are like, wait, wait, this performance is for a live Pantera album.
Speaker 4: That like, that's what we're getting. So that's the good news. You can go read all about how this unfolded on the Music Bog page. Those are Houston set lights.
Speaker 5: Take it well, The Astros fellow the Red Sox. Last night six to five was game back and forth all game pretty much, and then the Red Sox pulled ahead in the time after the ninth. They're gonna wrap up their series with Boston this afternoon. Justin Berlin is gonna be the mount for this shows. It's a baby, his first start for them since June ninth. He's going against Boston's Cooper chris Well in this one. First pitches at one ten. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: JV back, Yeah, buddy, love it all right, guys, we're just coming up on the halfway point of the show. We got the Suburb Summer Sizzler lock and load at about eight twenty. Still have a pair of pit passes for you. Those are gonna be given away on no the show. So I mean listen, guys, half way Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 9: Road RD, the Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five in the Buzz Red Hot Chili Pepperson around the World. Half point point of the show put mostly sunny today, stupid hot again. Keep warning today true temperature's highs up around ninety nine degrees. Just be safe if you're gonna be monking around or playing around outdoors. Okay, it's take long. I hated here in that story yesterday. It was a delivery guy passed out by the Yeah, just I mean just lost it and even said, hey, I'm having problems out here, and it's like you not finish your route, bro, Like no, no, you gotta be very very careful out there. Please listen your body Suburb Summers Sizzler coming up, Dayton takes on sugar Land. I look forward to this damn game every single day. I love it, love it, I.
Speaker 4: Love it, love it.
Speaker 1: A kick, a stretch and a kick, I love it. I love the Summurb Sizzler. Dayton is taking on sugar Land. Karen from sugar Land, you better be ready to go today, Bobby from Dayton. I'm gonna squeeze in some Chris Stapleton tickets. It's worked out. When I remember to give them away, we do give them away after the Sizzler. So Chris Stapleton is playing August twenty fourth minute. May Park get you those this hour. If you're waiting for Pitt tickets to STP Live Soul Asylum, I have those for you know. The show Nurse d Got It started yesterday. She said, dude, your poll question, you seem to be obsessed with them. Why don't you figure out where the generations? Who's listening to the Rod Ryan Show? She said, my guest would be gen X j X. Yes, gen X, we were thirty when we were fifteen, and we were fifteen when we were thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, weird.
Speaker 1: Riddle me that really weird? Fifteen and I'm fifty gen X sixty five to eighty number two more Alex, you know what to do well? Millennial music?
Speaker 4: Yeah, accept it, just go with it.
Speaker 1: It's your millennial God.
Speaker 4: We can't do anything about, Alex. We can't do anything about the economy, the price of housing. You just borapus, shot and drink.
Speaker 1: You know that you gathered around and you poured all your gold into a mold and you made a statue of Gotier and you carried him around and you just would we're eating grapes. You had a gold statue of Gotier somewhere. That is your millennial God is way more millennial this. Alex hates that I played this When I talk about millennials, fifty three percent of our audience on the X and this is going to be influenced on the platform we're using. So listen to that might.
Speaker 4: Even need your love and that feels So you really did.
Speaker 1: Just drop this song and peace out, didn't he? Yeah? So millennial of him? Yeah, that fifty three percent of our audience. Millennials forty percent of our audience. Gen X, where's the gen Zers?
Speaker 4: What is theirs?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the lights and they no way they're cooler than us with their.
Speaker 3: Song Wow, yeah, you're just crabbing on us one you can't and we make up the whole show.
Speaker 1: According to Twitter, the gen Zers they built a golden god of the weekend and they carry them around and they dance around to all their events. Gen Z only makes them two point one percent of our audience. On the X that listen to the Rod Ryan Show, Boomers are like, okay, what do you got for us? Rod? Turn it up? Boomers forty six to sixty four, making a four percent of our audience. So the battle is between millennials and gen X. The whole conversation got started yesterday because if you believe the Internet, the real infighting amongst generations is funny. It's millennials and boomers fighting against one another, Like, okay, gen X, just let them be all right. They're out there with their flannel shirts. Gen Z's fighting everybody. But there's we found this but yesterday we found some common ground between millennials and boomers.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, what putting something in? Why don't you pay attention?
Speaker 1: What do you got here? This should be boomers? Yeah, but I mean Vietnam. I feel like we're going to Nam with this, yeah, this Nam generations one are tougher than you. You just pick all the music and not no, no, no, vietnamers are older than this. Now, no, they're there. I forgot what's before Boomer.
Speaker 5: Are sometimes referred to as the Vietnam Generation.
Speaker 19: By Boomer Man served in the US Armed Forces. Okay, back, all right, this is just this is Vietnam for sure. This song, this and what's the other one? We play all along the Watchtower by Jimmy Hendrix. That's the other one that's in.
Speaker 1: Every Vietnam movie. I mean, when you see like a fleet of helicop choppers coming through, it's either that song or this something happening.
Speaker 5: Here is done as I don't know that one.
Speaker 1: I know this one. I know this one. Did we pick the right song for this game? And this one? You knew this one? We picked right on? Come on, it's getting ready for the summer, the summer Summer Sizzler brought to us my Shell Federal Credit Union. We're gonna say hi to Bobby from Dayton and Karen from Sugarland after the break and that's who's going to square off in the Sweet sixteen will Sizzle after this rock and alternative to The rod.
Speaker 9: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Welcome back. There you have it. I'm just looking three o'clock today peak hotness. Okay, like it turns hell peak heat. Yeah, three o'clock haty today, three o'clock one hundred degrees not demure heat warning today. Please be careful out there. All right, Tessa's doing a story this morning. It's on links and guests. The average person knows their day has been ruined by eight thirty six am. I don't like it. I don't like it because I don't want one little thing to go wrong, and then you ruin your day. You know, you're talking about these little things about you know, forgetting something or whatever, and it's like, oh that's it. My day's aft. No, no, don't let that happen. Don't let that happen. And then Jason sends me an email due my day's aft. I just pulled out a waterburger without ketchup.
Speaker 4: Oh no, just go home good.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh no, that means the whole day is ruined. Stop stop with that nonsense. We're gonna say hi to our suburb summer Sistler people coming up after this, But Tesla's gonna tell us what's trending.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 3: Theovon interviewing Donald Trump was not on my bingo card, so yes, definitely happened.
Speaker 4: Theovonne is so unseerious and he is.
Speaker 3: Interviewing the Republican nominee for presidency.
Speaker 4: It is pretty why trending everywhere, trending everywhere.
Speaker 3: You can go see snippets of this on the eggs, on kicktok wherever.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's got what like the fourth He's a top five podcaster for sure. For sure. It's insane how many people follow him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's more of like a comedy podcast, but Donald Trum's getting in there and having a real conversation with him.
Speaker 1: Thanks, you want to kick a fat kid?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: I wanted to let you know that thirty nine states and d C have joined in a lawsuit against Live Nation and Ticketmaster, alleging it runs a monopoly on ticket sales and venue bookings. We had kind of been yeah, like that had kind of been down to the news cycle, but it's back in. There was also a merger between Alaska and Hawaiian Airlines, so the doj in the news cycle once again.
Speaker 4: And then, guys, I know you don't want to.
Speaker 3: Hear about her, But Taylor Swift just dropped a new video for her song I Can Do It with a Broken Heart, which is off her new album, and in the past fifteen hours it's been viewed almost six million times, definitely trending on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Tessa looks at me. He says, what's London's number? I want to text her that there's a new video. I'm like, you cannot comment her?
Speaker 3: Tell her there's a new tailor video out You're not a good dad if you.
Speaker 4: Don't give me she loves her.
Speaker 1: Give me her teachers info so I can get to the teacher to tell London there's a new video out there.
Speaker 4: The teacher should play this.
Speaker 1: Get out of heremy my man. Robbie moy May from Dayton, Yes, sir, how'd you back your ass into the Sweet sixteen? I have no idea what I I can't remember your game, but I don't think you got it right though.
Speaker 8: I did as bad as I knew the song and good thing, and I was nervous.
Speaker 1: Okay, are the nerves gone? You feel like you feel like you are ready when you hear that song today, I'm going to hear a Bobby and you're gonna give me the name of the song and the name of the band, Yes, sir, all right, Well let's find out how Karen Karen from Sugarland where the girls are sweeter Kareny, good morning. How did you get into the Sweet sixteen? What happened with your first game?
Speaker 4: We had a closing time?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a tough one. No it's not.
Speaker 4: Did you guess that one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: No, I got it?
Speaker 1: She got it?
Speaker 4: Sweet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I thought that was an easy one, to be honest with you. Okay, Karen earned her way in Bobby Robby, and Bobby just kind of just said, Okay, I'm just gonna waltz through this thing. He said, He's not nervous. Karen's already done it, shown that she could do it. I'm gonna give you guys four minutes to think about it. Do what you gotta do. Get your mind right. We sizzle after this brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union, Dayton, sugar Land. Somebody's going to the great attention station employees.
Speaker 16: Now that school is back accession, we are transforming the station's daycare area into a marcurite.
Speaker 1: The bar, the buzz stained and so far away. Rod Ryan's show on a wild card Wednesday. That's turning into be another one of those heat warning days. They say it's gonna be a little bit better this weekend. I don't know. I mean, I would hope, so how can it be worse? So just excessive heat out there, guys, be careful, that's all we're saying. Mostly sunny, low chances of rain. Hit a It's gonna hit a honey again today at around three o'clock. All right, let's go. I got no time for that. Yeah, I got no time for a heat warning. I got Bobby who finally wants to show us what he's made of today. Bobby, what's brother? Bobby from Dayton is still in it to win it? Now? Win today, you go into the grade eight, you win again. You're in the final four. That's cash and that's Rod Ryan Show twenty ten niversary party tickets. So it's funny how people don't mention the cash anymore. It's like two d and fifty dollars because you can't spend two hundred fifty dollars in buy tickets for the show. You have to win your way in. So okay, well, Bobby, you are taking on Karen, who proved that she knows how to do this. Karen is representing sugar Land, and she earned her way into the sweet sixteen spot and she says she's going to do it again to get into the Grade eight. Karen, good luck to you today. Okay, I barely heard that.
Speaker 4: Indeed, you can you hear me now?
Speaker 1: Oh? I can?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you chime in, we want to hear you. So if we if we can't hear you, that that's not going to be good.
Speaker 1: It's the reason I chit chat with you guys a little bit before the games come, or make sure that your your phone levels are correct. I want to make sure that you guys are both at equal volume. So I don't want anybody missing out on hey, hey, you didn't hear me or whatever. So Karen nice and loud, Bobby nice and loud. Alex says, this is game number twenty two. Thank you sell Federal Credit Union. They gave us six thousand dollars to ultimately give away in the suburb Summer Sissler Dayton Sugarland waiting for you, to yell out your name. We're listening for Bobby or Karen. Shout out your name when you think you know the band and the song title. Bobby, you okay, we're there. It sounds like you're a little uh, you're a little distracted.
Speaker 5: Ready to go, budd It ready to go?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bobby says he's ready to go. Karen's ready to go, Alex, are you ready to go? I'm ready, Buddy, Okay. Game twenty two suburb Summer Sissler. Guys, we're waiting for you to shout out your name. Good luck.
Speaker 18: Here comes your song, Karen, Karen, go for it.
Speaker 1: Rules on one. Oh, just's great.
Speaker 4: I said it.
Speaker 1: You said it after the buzzer. Absolutely, you did before the buzzer. You said it. You said it way after the buzzer. No, I was saying it if the pleasure was.
Speaker 4: Going up.
Speaker 1: Rage against the machine. It's a sick syllable.
Speaker 4: Bobby, I don't know it now, Bobby, you're unhealthy.
Speaker 1: Bobby's like everybody knows that one. Karen, here's what I will podcast it. You listen at the end of the job. I gave you a lot of time there, Karen. I did because you're.
Speaker 4: I think you said it. I just don't think you said it fast enough.
Speaker 1: You think or you're no, she didn't say fast enough.
Speaker 3: I'm telling her she because I know she like in her heart right now, she knows she said it before the buzzer we heard it. But what I think is that she thinks she like, like I'm telling you, it wasn't fast enough. You definitely said it all, but it wasn't fast enough.
Speaker 1: It wasn't. It wasn't, Karen. I appreciate the effort. Bobby, are you going to get any of these? Bobby?
Speaker 4: Play up on him? Give him to Chile. Let Chili deal with that.
Speaker 1: You know what, It's kind of funny at this point. Bobby, Hey, you're in the grade eight, dude, you're in. He's one game away from winning tickets and money.
Speaker 4: I'm not commenting on that. I have no further notes.
Speaker 1: Or is he the favorite? Now? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have no notes on Bobby?
Speaker 1: Is he the favorite?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 1: When will this God's favorite?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 1: All right? Listen, Sugarland hung up? When when do you usually podcast?
Speaker 7: As at the end of the show, probably like late in the night. The last break of the ninety flick.
Speaker 1: Hours Okay, we podcast this game every day, you'll hear it.
Speaker 3: So when you chime in, guys, it's not it's not like a thinking time. Like when you say your name, you have to have that song and that band ready.
Speaker 4: It's not like I said my name. Now, I get a little time to time to think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it takes a second and a half just to say rage against the machine. That's a second and a half right there. It's three seconds. Bobby's like I knew it, Bobby.
Speaker 4: Robby is still.
Speaker 9: Ron Ryan Show on US.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus, Good morning Rod Ryan's Show. That's a quick one blur and song too, just a little two minute little diddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was quick.
Speaker 1: I got some tickets coming up for you, and got Christaple the tickets coming up for you. Uh yeah, I hadn't heard back. I mean, she doesn't have enough time to process everything, Karen, everyone that's been listening to the rate. She didn't even finish the song title until after the buzzer started. Alex is gonna podcast the game, Karen, Yeah, I love you, I do, I mean, I love you. Sugar Land not advancing? Can't you go back on the peep show too? Bobby from Dayton, what's up? Probably go back on the peep Show too? Can you just can you.
Speaker 5: Just rewind hear the song, but you can hear where like she says her name and then you can hear the buzzer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you may not hear the music, but.
Speaker 5: You would hear us buzz her before she says the full song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well listen, I can understand where it would be upsetting, of course. I mean, I don't think Bobby knows what game's playing. He's like, am I'm a five? Are we playing? Fresh out of bed? Head to head? Like, Bobby doesn't know what he's doing, and he just calls chill. He calls him in the morning and he just kind of sits on the phone and then he just waits for the person to trip.
Speaker 3: It works, it works, it's been working for him.
Speaker 1: So he'll be gone if Bobby wins this Dan thing.
Speaker 4: Something say something like that.
Speaker 3: I just I mean, he's got a fair shot, right, Yes, he's got a fair shot.
Speaker 1: He's one game away. All he wants is those damn tickets. He'll peace out after the final four. He doesn't even care. He just wants to go to the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, will we get a hold of him? Funny, He's like, yeah, that was rage against the machine.
Speaker 1: Karen. Obviously it's like, Karen, goodbye, I got it right. No, you didn't, Bobby, you didn't say anything.
Speaker 4: Everybody memorable game, yes, very memorable game.
Speaker 1: Money. Sorry, Karen, what do you got? Let's give away these tickets?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I have a pair of tickets to see Chris Stapleton on his All American Road Road Show Tour. It's at Mini May Park. Miranda Lambert on this Grace Potter on this bill. That's Saturday night, yep, this weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's Saturday night. If you want to go to the show, I'll take call her ten seven, one, three four five. I mean, Karen, you didn't win anything. You could call.
Speaker 9: Rock and All Terran and very The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Leave a light on Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, eight fifty two. What do we have for you next hour? Well, a chance to one one thousand dollars and a trip to the iHeartRadio Music Festival. That'll be a little text to win, little national action. And then we'll go back local and we'll hook you up with tickets in the pit. You'll be shy on that pit song. Alex stp Live and Soul Asylum. We've got tickets for you all week? Did it? Did? Did?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 7: Did?
Speaker 1: Those would be on? Know the show? All right? Hot heat? Whatever?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 1: It's stupid outside. What's Houston's headlines? Please?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I wanted to mention this because it did kind of break down when we were doing this show. A federal judge has blocked a ban on non compete agreements that was set to take effect next month.
Speaker 4: It's slavery, It's not okay.
Speaker 3: The Federal Trade Commission this year ban most non compete agreements, which keep employees from leaving their jobs to work for a competit. The US Chamber of Commerce and other groups sued argued that the band would make it harder for companies to retain talent.
Speaker 4: A district judge in Texas agreed with that yesterday.
Speaker 1: So what does this mean for me? Specifically? I have a non compete So if I get let go, something happens to me here for six months.
Speaker 4: You can't get a job with the competitors.
Speaker 1: I can't go and work at the I can't go you know, like work for Rula and Ryan. Okay, I can't go to KRBE, I can't go to the Arrow, I can't go to any other radio station. But they're not also not paying me to be on the beach. When you're out of work, they call it on the beach for six months. I can't work in this market in a similar type. I mean, I can go, I can go work at Generator Supercenter, but I can't go and work at a radio station for six months and they don't pay you either. It's like, if you're gonna pay me not to work somewhere, then cool, of course, give me my salary, give me a give me a good trunk of that salary to not go across the eat and work at the competitor. Fine, they don't have to. And this has held up.
Speaker 3: It's so unfair because you're talking about a big corporation versus someone's livelihood.
Speaker 1: Yep, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Someone that can go out and hire new talent, and they can go acquire new talent and replace you immediately, but you can't replace them in a job.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 1: I'm okay keeping the non compete as long as you're paying the person to not compete. Sure, yeah, they get the big corporations get the best of both worlds. They keep you unemployed and they don't have to give you anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like, I'm out here, someone wants to hire me.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to be an earner for the government, pay my taxes fair and square, and you guys aren't going to let me do that.
Speaker 4: That is wild, Okay.
Speaker 3: So definitely wanted to mention that it's also becoming trending for people to blur images of their homes on Google Maps. People say they're doing this as a precaution against burglaries and home invasions.
Speaker 4: If you want to.
Speaker 3: Jump in on the trend, we've got you. Users have to enter their address into Google Maps, select street view, go to settings, and select report a problem. From there, you can request that Google blur portions of your house. It may take a while for changes to be made, but this is for people who don't want their house to be pulled up on Google Maps, which is which is fair. You know, sometimes people like pulling up a Google Map of where they live if they're you know, living overseas or you know, in another state. But there people have their reasons why they want to keep private, and Google says you can do that.
Speaker 4: You can go out your home.
Speaker 3: Okay, even if you're a morning person, you can admit a lot can go wrong in the first few hours of a day, and that can really set the tone for you to maybe have a bad day. But there's a new survey that says the average person knows if their day has been ruined by eight thirty six am.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: You know what happened at eight thirty six am today, Karen's day was ruined.
Speaker 4: Damn it, damn it.
Speaker 1: I have been against this whole conversation today. I've brought it up several times outside of headlines. Yeah, and I'm of I'm cut from. If something goes wrong that cannot just ruin your whole day. You can't. There's too much stuff to do during the day. So if you're you drop your phone or something silly happens, that can't ruin your day. Somebody said, Rod, you just single handedly ruined Karen's day. Yeah, I didn't do anything. I just know you did.
Speaker 9: Win.
Speaker 4: I gave her the bad news.
Speaker 1: Alex said, buzzer. I hit the buzzer. Then she said the name of the song and.
Speaker 4: Then carry her ally your only ally.
Speaker 3: On the show, a woman told her as well, kar Nity did not make it.
Speaker 1: Karen was probably gonna win all the money too.
Speaker 4: Damn it.
Speaker 1: Listen, your day is not ruined at eight thirty six. Eight, that is way too early to call it. Now.
Speaker 4: Listen, talk to me at eight fifty six pm and you told me all the band stuff.
Speaker 3: I might agree with you, but eight, eight thirty five or whatever it is, eight thirty.
Speaker 4: Six, that isn't way too early to call it.
Speaker 1: Everybody, but Karen, your day's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll be great.
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: The director of the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movies say there won't be a third one, but he also said that for the first Joker, So Todd Phillips says Joker three is not happening.
Speaker 4: He tells people not to get their hopes up.
Speaker 3: He says, it was fun to play in the sandbox for two movies, but I think we've said what we want to say in this world.
Speaker 4: He says he would like to go back to making comedy movies.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of movie stories that we kind of just slapped onto one blog page. I thought it was interesting. This new crow movie that's out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the director of The Crow Ring makes it. He's a banned all real guns from the set. Now that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: And then also War for.
Speaker 3: The Planet of the Apes will have a feature where you can watch the finish movie side by side with the raw performance capture footage, so it's like a four K home version, which is yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So yeah, some cool movie news all up on links and guests.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's going to be a three part series, a docu series that explores the over the top world of eighties hard war, hard rock and glam metal. There'll be interviews.
Speaker 3: From Poison, from Wap, from Rat from I Mean Everything. It's called Nothing but a Good Time, and you can check out the trailer on the music blog page. I've watched this pretty cool and like I said, tons of interviews. They got Poison, def Leppard, Guns of Roses, Quiet Riot, skid Row, Wasp and it's the same director who is responsible for Jackass, which is funny, and then The Dirt, which was a great Netflix movie.
Speaker 1: And the book that I told you about, Nothing but a Good Time, an uncensored history of the eighties. That's the name of this documentary, So yeah, it's what I read. It's one of the best on the book. It's one of the best, if not the best rock book I've ever read.
Speaker 4: It's going to be on Paramount.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this documentary is going to be awesome.
Speaker 3: Streaming September seventeenth the Marco Calendars. There's a Houston headlines Alex Sports.
Speaker 5: The Astros fell the Red Sox last night, six to five. They went back and forth with the Socks all game before Boston pulled ahead in the top of the ninth. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Red Sox this afternoon. Justin Berland is going to make his first start for the Stros since June ninth.
Speaker 1: They'll be going up against Boston's Cooper chris Well.
Speaker 5: First pitch for that game is at one ten, and you listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 16: Houston's alternative all Day and The rod Ryan Morning ninety five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Three days Grace and I Hate everything about you. Karen can't stop thinking.
Speaker 4: About her Claar.
Speaker 1: Draw can't stop thinking about her. You have the Karen draw. That's not gonna help things. It's not gonna help things, do I ever, I haven't heard back from her. Karen played the suburb of Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 4: She's done with you, bros.
Speaker 1: Can't you can't do that. You can't be like that. I understand. I'd be pissed if I lost to Bobby too.
Speaker 3: Okay, dude, that'd be like the worst person you could lose.
Speaker 1: Bobby's Bobby's like that documentary you just got done talking about. He's here for a good time. That's it, you know, Karen, Karen, Karen Harrod parent, parent, Why did you do that?
Speaker 4: Why did you do that?
Speaker 17: Terrid?
Speaker 1: He's alarming, but disarming manner, really very charming, modern girl.
Speaker 3: Karen illegal so much, really very charming, is what it said.
Speaker 1: Hey, Anthony just sent me this article, He said, Rod, is this the thing you've been alluding to? Yes? It is. Can we talk about Lincoln Park for a minute. Sure? Okay, I've been wanting to talk about Lincoln Park for a while now, and I saw this article as well. So Anthony saw it. He's like, dude, just talk about it already. It's from the website Metal Sucks, and they were dealing with a post from Mike Shanoda Mike Shanoda Lincoln Park. The headline is Mike Shanoda has many exciting things planned for you. He never comes out and says what it is that's the problem. But something's going on with Lincoln Park right now that's exciting to me. I'm of I talked to many people and said, Rod, you can never replace Chester, don't do it. Let it set. We have the great music we have. Let's just live in that. Okay, that's great. That's your opinion. That's okay, and I'm fine with that. I want the band to continue on, Okay. I'm excited about STP playing with a new singer. I don't want STP to go away. I want them to put in a new singer. I want Lincoln Park to put somebody in there that's great. I know nobody's gonna replace Chester. I understand how you feel. Here's the article. So many new metal acts are rolling around out there, celebrating various milestones and anniversaries, but Lincoln Park is still nowhere to be seen. Naturally, that's because of the untimely death of vocalist Chester Bennington, but the band may not stay silent for long. In a recent post on his website, co frontman Mike Shanoda hinted that something would be coming in the near future. I'm gonna read you what Mike Shanoda wrote. Okay, and he's not gonna give us everything. But it was a couple of months ago, Alex that we saw the video and Mike Shanoda was in that video with that gal singing, and she was crushing this song. I believe right there might not be another dude on the planet they can do this. They might need to get a female. Here's Mike Shanoda's post. Hey everyone, I've been locked away in the lab for a while, in between a couple of summer trips. So many exciting things planned for you. In the meantime, I posted a new piece of art. You can find it in the Bizarre. For those of you who are zig holders digital art collectors, you can use your keys for a discount as usual, we'll talk soon. He didn't give us anything. I mean, that's the most non specific thing ever. And let's not forget that Mike Shanoda has a solo career, very chatous, so if he's doing that. That's I don't think that's smart on him to be leaving us that open for interpretation on this. Though we never get specific, it's hard not to draw conclusions. And that's where you get in trouble and think that this has something to do with a Lincoln Park reunion. We've been hearing for a while that there is a possibility of the band getting back together. You go back to that Orgy guy, the guy in Orgy that said that he heard they were working with somebody. We saw the video to woman singing Chester's parts and reunion. As it stands, any talk of a Lincoln Park reunion is just hairsay. Still, with Shanoda mentioning something exciting being planned for fans, it's hard not to think something is up. I had mentioned this because Lincoln Park and the new metal thing, and it's just I heard a promo on this radio station that there's a new metal channel. Yeah. I think they were using, you know, system of a down and new metal corn that sort of thing. Lincoln Park's kind of lumped into that. I don't know. I don't know what Mike Shanoda's saying. He really I thought he said a little bit more than that. That was it. That was really.
Speaker 5: Vague if he was if it was a new solo project too, Like, I think it's something that he could, Like you would leave it open ended because you would want people to be hyped about whatever it is. And if you're gonna promout your solo stuff and that's new, you may not get the same reception that you would with new Lincoln stuff, but you still want people tuning in and following along with it, so you hype it up as if like, who knows what it could be?
Speaker 1: You're such a huge Blankinady two fan? Did you like the fact that they didn't call it quits and they put a new singer in there for a short period of time, we didn't know that Blink was getting back together.
Speaker 5: By the way, Well, it's different because like Tom was around where you were like Tom could still realistically reunite with the band, where like Chester, we know that's.
Speaker 1: Not happening, right, he wasn't dead, But there was no at all that Blankwinady two didn't give us any indication that, oh, don't worry, we're gonna end up patching things up. So they put in a new singer. Were you okay with that moving forward, Matt. I thought Matt's Giba was good. I mean it was. It wasn't the same Blankuinity too.
Speaker 5: I still enjoyed what they put out, and I think this is the same with Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: Like you have to be like, hey, this is not Chester. You can't be like just salk dude, Yeah, who'd you guys?
Speaker 5: Do you guys don't sound the same as like, yeah, there's a new there's a new member of the band. Some you have to be like, this is a new version of Lincoln Park. We've got to just accept that it's probably not gonna sound exactly like it did.
Speaker 1: But they're going to get somebody in there to respect the catalog. Okay, just like they did in Alison Chains. Okay, they brought in somebody that can respect the cat and now they have a lead singer that was in it double the length of Lane Staley. You know that guy's been in it way longer and they put out some really good music as well. I know when you go you want to hear the catalog stuff, but he can also do that. So they're gonna have to get somebody or do they just reimagine it When Queen got back together. They put the lead singer A Bad Company in there, who sounds nobody could replace Freddy Mercury. But Queen went on and they played big, big shows with the lead singer A Bad Company who is a baritone. Basically it sounded nothing like Freddy he did. They reimagined some of the songs. I just think that some Lincoln Park is better, is better than no Lincoln Park. Now it's yeah Lambert, Adam Lambert, Adam Lambert, Yeah, who can kind of hit some of that stuff. Still nobody's Freddy. But if that is a great thing to bring up, because if you want to talk about somebody that is absolutely irreplaceable, Freddie Mercury, it's the top front.
Speaker 3: It's the same.
Speaker 1: Thing when they say you can't tear down the Astrodome, I'm like, they took.
Speaker 7: Down you can Stabi should be teared down, but years ago.
Speaker 5: So it has absolutely nothing, has no benefit to the city at all.
Speaker 1: It was arguably the greatest rock singer of all time, Freddie Mercury. They went on without him, so Lincoln Park an amazing once in a generational voice. I still think the band can go on, absolutely. I hope that's what Mike Shanoda is leaning towards but boy, it's really we're you know, what are they grab it at straws? Is that what it is? Is that what it's called? Grasping at straws?
Speaker 4: Why do they say that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Listen, we're sipping on We're just sipping on straws here. We don't know. Straws do go in some money already New metal Radio, that's what we were talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while we.
Speaker 1: Were sipping on those straws. About Lincoln Park. Good morning everybody. Rod Ryan's Show ninety four five The buzz Pit tickets to STP. There's a band that continued on with Chester two and now with Jeff Goot Alex. It's not Joe Putd sure, Jeff Goot is the lead singer. It'll be my first time seeing him fronting STP. I've looked at some clips online. Man, he's doing a wonderful job with that band Live who put out some new music this week and Soul Asylum, who were great. So that show's coming up on Thursday. We'll get you into the pit on no the show. Speaking of Alex Online, Kid's Alex Online ninety five The muzz about what you got.
Speaker 5: Oh, well, my good friend Robert Bobby Jokes Barbosa sent me today's AOLB talked about it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't love Bobby Jokes.
Speaker 7: That's why you should check out Past Your Ay podcast. He's on it every single week.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is.
Speaker 7: He's the main the main guy on that podcast.
Speaker 1: He's the guy with the big wiener Bobby the hog Jokes. Yeah, okay, just make sure I know which one we're talking about.
Speaker 5: We talked about this yesterday and you gotta listen to the podcast center saying that bit.
Speaker 1: But we were talking about the offline.
Speaker 5: Dinosaur game on Google, and then everybody we were like, isn't there a game where if you're computed and have Internet you could still play a game? And a bunch of people said, yeah, you idiots, there definitely is a game like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said that I had heard that. Yes this morning, I don't know, Like you always say, you talk about like you, you talk about something and you manifest it. I couldn't get on the internet this morning. That dumb dinosaur was on my screen and I said, let me click on that guy and then boom, spacebar. You're jumping over little things. So that you should be doing today.
Speaker 5: You don't have to be one offline to do You can still be online to do this. But all you do is hit your space bar and then your dinosaur is gonna run. When you see a hill or an object, you jump over it with your spacebar. Yeah, and then you just pretty much see how far you can go when you run into something, you start over.
Speaker 7: That's all you guys do. Some guys said that you kill time today at work.
Speaker 1: Some guy said this is so good yesterday. He said, yes, it's true that Dinosaur is a game, and I go offline just to play the game.
Speaker 7: I think you're nice player.
Speaker 1: He turns off his WiFi so we can play the Dinosaur game. You can do it all now check it out.
Speaker 5: Play the Dinosaur offline game online at the World trans Ry Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to school kids. Remember I'm the principal and you can talk to me anytime about any problems you're having with Todd. That's right, Todd, we're on to you.
Speaker 13: Don't be a dick, Todd the Bus four or five, The Buzz Papa Roach, No apologies, Rob Ryan Show on a wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I haven't even had a chance to take a look three games today. I don't time to mess around on LinkedIn guests. Yes I do, Yes, I do. I will go and have a look. I was looking at some of the things that we're on there. Alex has got a bunch of podcasts up already today. I saw you had the fresh out of bed head to Head challenge. If you wanted to listen how it went for Sammy Baker Davis Junior. This morning. You could hear a breakout podcast already about the game we played the five Game. Fabio. Yeah, I don't want to ruin it for anybody listening, but Fabio, he's going to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. He was the last man standing in the five Game. I didn't see the Suburb Summer Sizzler up yet. I haven't heard from Karen. I've gotten a lot of responses to Karen, but I haven't heard from her specifically. Sugarland didn't get the job done, didn't quite get it in time on the Suburb Summer Sizzler. Bobby from Dayton lives to play another game. That game is currently okay. So this is just because I don't talk about it enough, Alex goes in and puts out specific podcasts for these things. He breaks out, if you didn't want to listen to the whole show, I don't know why you wouldn't, but if you just wanted to hear, I'd like to hear what happened on that fresh out of bed today or Okay, Rod's been talking about Karen. That's really her name too. She's not being a Karen. Her name's Karen. She she didn't win. People want to go hear that, they don't want to, like listen to the whole podcast of the show.
Speaker 7: So you do that, even though in the podcast you can also fast foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course you can. Of course you can. I got an email here asking when we're announcing the Boobs Rock Golf Tournament, what the hellly hell.
Speaker 4: We just got done passing out down We just got.
Speaker 1: Done passing out backpacks. I think next week we're going to talk about another golf tournament. We're gonna raise some money already up Chili has this up and the fourth annual Boobs Rock Charity Car Show presented by Wes Houston Muscle. That information is already up on links and guests. So I mean Boobs rock and all that stuff. We don't waste any time. It goes from one thing to the next to the next, and that just leads me to believe that like tomorrow is Christmas, you know, because those things all once we passed out those backpacks, that becomes the season of just blur from now until the end of the year for me. Anyways, US has got a Halloween list of movies up on linksin guests today. Yes, I do, Summer summer ween.
Speaker 3: I also saw people were already like talking about the hottest couple's outfits, costumes. Like there's a lot of Halloween talk. There's a lot of Halloween murmuring going on.
Speaker 1: There's been talking my house London, what do you want to dress up? Aps?
Speaker 4: You knows?
Speaker 1: A child, I don't know if she knows yet, but she's there's Halloween talk in my house for sure, you know. And that kid she was hiccupping in the womb Off the top of your head, does somebody say this is how you get rid of hiccups? Have you heard from somebody that, oh, this is what you do? What do you do?
Speaker 5: I always said to ask somebody the last time I saw a rabbit, because then they focus on that, and they're not focusing on the hiccups.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I also say when it was the last time you held a shovel where dug a hole? And that kind of spices it up so they don't catch on your rabbit questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so any silly question, when was the last time you licked a coca?
Speaker 7: When was the last time you saw a rabbit? Was always my grandma's.
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody had me one time and they swore up and down, up and down to and fro if you take a cup, now, when you take a cup, like think about a red solo cup, you drink from the front part of the cup. You put it in your mouth and you pour it and you pour it in your mouth. Yeah, they said to hover over the back of the cup and.
Speaker 4: Drink, drink it like upside down a drink, Cut.
Speaker 1: It upside down from the back end of the cup, and see if you can drink that way. They said that would get rid of this hit.
Speaker 4: My cousin told me that, yep. Yeah, Like when I was I was like, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I think it might have worked?
Speaker 4: Like, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I try scaring my kid? You know, you just get it a jumpt poo ah, Dad, come on, you know it. Hiccup comes right afterwards. It doesn't work, the scary thing doesn't work. Well, TikTok's got it finally, I mean, our whole lives, we've been trying to cure hiccups.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: It's a heart surgeon. He really is a doctor. Okay, he's not a TikTok doctor. He's a real doctor. And he posts all kinds of healthy advice and he said, finally I've got the cure to hiccups. It's lemon juice. If you can't stop hiccuping, you drop a little lemon juice in the back of your throat. And he claims immediately, Okay, no rabbit questions, no licking coconuts, no drinking from the wrong end of the cup. He claims it cures them immediately. Now he's got the reasons why and everything. I put this on the first thing on three things you must see. I just feel like it would be out there a little more if somebody absolutely nailed the cure for the hiccup. I kind of feel like that would have been on the news today and not just on this silly radio show, like okay, I got some wing nut on TikTok. Who is a real doctor?
Speaker 5: Do you think lemon juice, like big lemon juice is just pushing out all this random crap because there's always like that thing, so like the wellness things.
Speaker 1: Just put lemon juice.
Speaker 8: In your hair.
Speaker 1: If you don want get hair dye, you can make your hair blonde. That's how you doing.
Speaker 5: And it's always like just throw a little lemon juice in there. We don't really have this weird juice. We gotta figure out stuff to do.
Speaker 1: Five years ago and they found that the study was done by Welch's grape juice. That they came out grape juice was supposed to be the best thing possible for you for whatever it did. You know what I mean, inflammation, whatever the hell it's, you know, cures your takes some grape juice with it. It cures every pain in the ass you got. Okay, every grape juice was wiped from the shelves. So yeah, he might be getting paid. He might His main sponsor might be lemon juice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love lemon juice.
Speaker 3: I think it's like a lemon is is one of these healing foods, Alex, I'm I'm all in they got I'm in here.
Speaker 1: You just have to be careful on the enamel of your teeth, right right, because it is so acidic. No, do you not know that if you brush your teeth with lemon juice it makes it? Oh it does? Oh yeah, there's another doctor that says you know on TikTok. All right. Three things you must see today are The Cure Finally It's here.
Speaker 16: The Right Right Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The Bus, the Buzz, Green Day's brainstew, Rob Ryan's Show, wild Card Wednesday edition. Boy. Lots of stuff on LinkedIn guests today because we did the three games, I feel maybe I exhausted. Well, I'm not exhausted. I just kind of feel like, Man. We put up some really good things on the music blog page today. That Panterra story, I think it is definitely worth a second look. The Looking at Girls blog page is phenomenal. Today. I talked about how to get rid of hiccups. Everybody said peanut butter. I didn't heard that one.
Speaker 3: So either like the saltiest thing, I mean, I mean this the most sour thing or the most delicious sweet things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said, a spoonful of peanut butter. They said, it does it every time. Three different people email me that just rando all right. On the food blog page today, a woman named Connie retired from water Burger fifty four years.
Speaker 4: I saw that. I thought that was really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifty four years working for water Burger. They threw her a big retirement party. I thought that should headline the food blog page today. She worked at ten different locations. Her longest stint was eighteen years at one of them. She met a customer at that one and married them. Oh sweet, Like, who's making their move on the water Burger.
Speaker 4: Check good brave soul.
Speaker 1: They get discounts. If you work at Waterburger, you get a discount for your family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. I think I don't know if you get a family discount, but you definitely probably just get free meals, like not a lot, but okay.
Speaker 1: He just gu who would be the best person to date for their discount? Oh like, I like hitting on the academy Academy Academy.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm thinking of men's spa. I'm like someone at a MED'SPA.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about maybe all the time you're thinking about free Sneakers Academy, and you're thinking of, oh.
Speaker 4: You're such a simple, simple human. Well, I'm thinking about long game.
Speaker 1: Like a restaurant though, like a super like whatever your favorite restaurant is. You hit on the person that works at your favorite restaurant, then you.
Speaker 5: Eat there for free Sunday ticket just a bartender, what do you use?
Speaker 7: And Saturday too? Would be saying, no, you.
Speaker 3: Date someone that works like the gm at, like the Posto hotel, and they can.
Speaker 4: Just get you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and they can when the suite, they give you a tour the street, they can get you into the spot.
Speaker 4: How I just hit my hand because I'm so.
Speaker 1: Excited I dated that flight attendant, not a one. No benefits. I think maybe once I got a little mini bottle of vodka because she stole them.
Speaker 4: She didn't put you on her pass, on her buddy pass.
Speaker 1: I got nothing. I got nothing. I got one mini bottle of vodka out of that deal.
Speaker 4: And did you ever take her any where?
Speaker 1: Tried to boy?
Speaker 4: Right, That's what I'm saying. Like I'd be like, okay, look, you favored the hotel, I'll get the flights. Obviously you No, she.
Speaker 1: Didn't pick up flights.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, absolutely not shi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flight of tenant thing nothing not cool. All right, Well she met her husband working at Waterburger at the one location that she was at for eighteen years. But yeah, so it's a it's a really great story. And uh, I mean fifty four years water Burger. Like, give her her own store or something.
Speaker 4: Give her own water Burger. I'm never gonna meet anyone in here. What I'm never gonna meet anyone in here? In this room?
Speaker 1: Oh, in this room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, no one's gonna just you're like, hey girl, I mean I haven't a boy for night now, but still just thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I mean we can maybe we can get you a couple of hours at the front desk over there, people come. You know, that's customer service.
Speaker 4: I would love that.
Speaker 1: What are you giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 4: I am giving away.
Speaker 3: A pair of pots to see Stone Temple pilots with Live and Soul Asylum.
Speaker 1: All right, Tessa will have a question for you on the flip of this break Rock and alternative.
Speaker 9: He used to The rod Ryan Morning Show six AM.
Speaker 1: Twenty four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Guys, that's it. We just got one left thing, one last thing left to do. We call it no the show. We've been doing it since day one. It's wait to give you guys some parting gifts and reward some of you that have been listening. Reward one of you that has been listening to the show today. What happened? What are you going to talk about? What's your question? Well?
Speaker 3: Actually, is this something you talked about and you said you Actually, I think it was in home room.
Speaker 4: You're like, hey, did you know these are worth a million dollars?
Speaker 1: Now? Yeah? And I was like, what did you think they were worth more.
Speaker 4: Or less less? I thought they were worth less and we just hit that number.
Speaker 3: I am still open to doing a trade for an Instagram post for this.
Speaker 4: So let me know what is worth a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Pitt tickets to stp on the Chopping Block seven one three two one two four five Bye Summer, right bye bye, say goodbye to this summer. The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Run Junksuit Apparatus, face Down, wrapping up a wildcard Wednesday wound up being the number one link today. So a bunch of you went to go check out that Wildcard feature today. Thank you very much for hitting us up on links and guests. Not think about a ten percent chance of rain mostly sunny highs today of around ninety nine. They say one hundred degrees could hit at three o'clock today. Heap warning today. So you guys know all you guys know how to do this. Just be careful. Yes, now time for I Know this show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 4: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 11: La la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Ryan shump Hire. You talking to me? Yeah? I am. I guess, yeah, I guess you're you're talking now? What's your name?
Speaker 4: Tiffany?
Speaker 1: Okay? Who let you in here? How'd you get in here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right? You're calling about no the show? Right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am okay. That could have been your question today. What does Bobby know what game he's playing?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: He's the guy that won the Sizzler today. That's not your question though, Tiffany. This is Tessa. This is her question today.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tiffany, tell me what's worth a million dollars today?
Speaker 1: Gold bars?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They have never been worth a million dollars. It just hit I think yesterday. For reference, it's about it's over twenty seven pounds. So those gold bars that you see on television or on movies and stuff, it's twenty seven pounds for one of those sucks.
Speaker 4: He's like five straight.
Speaker 1: I mean pure gold. Tiffany, you're the winner. What are you giving her?
Speaker 3: You're going to be in the pit to see some type of pilots with Live in Soul Asylum.
Speaker 4: It's tomorrow night, so I hope you're ready to party. Okay, congrats, come on.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm so ready. I've been listening to y'all since middle school.
Speaker 4: I'm thirty one and I've never won anything. Oh so excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'm trying to get there. If you please, if you come see me, if I'm in the pit, if you see me, please come over and get a picture and say hi. I will thank you so much, all right, man, thank you, thank you. What do we got here? Oh? Gold dust woman? Clever, clever Alex he's such a Fleetwood macfan.
Speaker 7: Now totally.
Speaker 1: Courney Love did a cover of this once. It's really really good. I'm saying something nice about Courtney Love right now. She did a really good cover of the song once all right, Kevin, he turned Sammy Baker Davis Junior into a one pump chump. He's going to try to avoid the same tomorrow. Kevin with his first win ever on the fresh out of bad Head to Head only a second time playing great job in the five game Fabio. Right, Fabio was the winner of the five games, So he did great suburb Summer Sizzler. So Bobby beat sugar Lands. Karen, And you said that you podcast the game. How did it go? When you you have to listen back when you podcast something, you have to hear the game again. Did and uh? Did to beat? Did Karen? Did she lose?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 1: You know, I was like, hey, she seemed like we were wrong.
Speaker 5: So I went and I listened back to it and then I actually, you hit the buzzer and she hadn't said it yet.
Speaker 1: Then I came back here. We did six segments.
Speaker 7: I went back there.
Speaker 1: It's one of the restroom real.
Speaker 5: Fast, and then I had time to go back and she still hadn't said the full name of the song in the band.
Speaker 1: So right, just like all right, and I love how after she said the song Bobby who by default one He goes, Oh yeah, I knew it. You didn't say anything. You got to say? That is Bobby the player to watch. Yes, yes, all right, Tomorrow say Tomball. Tom Ball takes on Montrose in the suburb of Summer Sizzler. That's at eight twenty. Read my Lips is at seven twenty. Fresh out of Mad Head to Head is at six twenty.
Speaker 4: Another three game day, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Goodness, Throwback Thursday is tomorrow. Sixta Graham Thursday tomorrow. Who's playing Read my Lips? Me and I Lost Chili Chile? Boys are keep at it again. You're recording a new past the gravy today. Yes, okay? At Rod Ryan Show on All Socials. Test is on Houston Life at one o'clock and Big Jeremy Benson is up. He's got more passes than the twentieth anniversary show. He'll let you pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour. He's got a shot at that alternative income, so that's one thousand dollars and a trip to the iHeartRadio Music Festival. He'll give you a chance to text in for that, and then he's got the NonStop nooner. And you know what, he's a pretty nice guy too, so stick around for that. Have an awesome day. We're on a twenty hour break. Everybody a mm do.
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.