Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold standard. Learn more and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited at is right now with mister John Mogan and we've got kind of a fun thing that they do every year for the Salvation Army and tomorrow is the big day, isn't it John? It is if people want to make a difference, and there's a lot of people throughout the year they're going, Man, I'm just one person. There's not much I can do. Well. If you want to make a difference, tomorrow, your difference can go a little further than normal. And let's talk about what that is that you can do tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I think it was about fifteen sixteen years ago that a president of our board, his name is Steve Cooks. He came up with an idea of making the donors, the people that are support the Salvation Armies to do a match day and so their money would go farther. And so he came up with the twenty dollars match. Then it used to be a twenty dollars bill would be matched by twenty dollars. Now it's a twenty dollars bill will be matched by an additial eighty dollars, so to be a one hundred dollars donation.
Speaker 1: And I think that's really cool because there are people who would probably love to donate one hundred dollars, but they're like, you know, I just you know, things aren't great, so I don't have the one hundred bucks to give. If you can give twenty tomorrow, it's like you gave a hundred right exactly.
Speaker 2: There are a bunch of us on the board, and there's some anonymous donors that have come up with the seed money so that people's donations will will satisfy a lot of families helping to pay for their rent, their food, their heat, electricity. There are a lot of families out there. Last year we had six hundred families that came to the Salvation Valary. This year seven hundred and fifty. And so we need more money and buy more grocery.
Speaker 1: And again, the things that you do throughout the year, these are things you do all year long. It doesn't happen just during the holidays, during the holidays, there's a little more of a need, but this is something that happens all year long, so the need knows no season. But if you are looking for a reason to make a donation, tomorrow is a great reason. Your twenty dollars goes five times as far it gets turned into one hundred. How do I make a donation tomorrow, John, There's.
Speaker 2: Probably thirty five buckets that will be out throughout sea falls. Just take a twenty dollars building all of those buckets. I'm a little prejudice filled the self going to stow a HIV because that's the one that I've been staffing on every Saturday for like twenty five years. But that's just a little personal thing. But wherever you find your bucket, yeah, your money's going to quick couple.
Speaker 1: And again, tomorrow is the day. So any day, if tomorrow doesn't work, make your donation today. Any day that you see the red buckets out, the red kettles from the Salvation Army, any day is a good day. You're right, But tomorrow is a special day because tomorrow, in addition to the funds that you're giving, there's again there's a match, and it's not just a twenty dollars match. Now it's an eighty dollar match for your twenty dollars donation. I mean, what an awesome opportunity for your dollars to go even further to do the good things of the Salvation Army and John, how long have you been involved at the Salvation Army and Two Falls.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been ringing bells for over twenty five years, but I've been on the board for eighteen years, ever since I retired from teaching music.
Speaker 1: And speaking of music, a lot of people know you from music. They see you Mogen's heroes. You've been doing that for a long long time. And if you're not standing behind a microphone, you're standing behind a red kettle. It seems because you have been doing this for a long time as well.
Speaker 2: It's very satisfying. I love greeting people when I'm ringing bells. Sometimes those people that try to avoid you as because they're not going to give those might be the people that are going to receive those funds and other people are donating. So yeah, I don't judge, just smile and greet them.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, again, not everybody is in a position to do that. So if that's not you. That's okay, don't feel bad. Nobody ringing a bell has ever made anyone feel bad for not being able to do that, because that again, the reason they're ringing that bell is to help people that are in a situation. So again, if you can't throw money in the bucket, that's okay, it's all fine. But if you can, and if you're saying, man, I really wish that I could, I wish I could donate more, tomorrow is the day to do that. Your twenty dollars donation becomes a one hundred dollars donation and that's at any Red Kettle in Sioux Falls. But again, which one will you be manning? What time will you be there? John, so we can stop buy and stuff it in your bucket.
Speaker 2: I'll be there from eleven to twelve at the Salts Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Hide nice. Well, we'll stop by and say hi and John, thank you for your continued support of the Salvation Army. And you've been involved in this for a long time. How did you get involved in why did you get involved in doing what you do?
Speaker 2: Oh, when you see people in need, you want to help out. And so at first member of First Baptist Church. I'm John the Baptist, So there you go. And we we staffed it all with members from the church and over the years it has been mostly some people from the church that others from mostly my Facebook trends.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. Well I'm going to throw a post on Facebook to remind people as well. But tomorrow is the day. John, thank you for your time this morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you John for helping us promote this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely always happy to do that again. John Mogan is who we're talking to right now from Mogan's Heroes and also chatting about the Salvation Armysouo Falls. Tomorrow is the big day. It's the twenty dollars match day. So if you donate twenty dollars tomorrow at any of the red kettles all around Suo Falls, that twenty dollars becomes a one hundred dollars donation. I've got all the details at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls News.
Speaker 2: Something you Should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis gold Ira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard Gold and Silver Guide now at Genesis goold r a dot com