Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped tough news needed by so you don't have come running Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come. Man.
Speaker 3: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk is the number into the station, and then we have our own Troubleshooter number.
Speaker 5: You can call twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: And when you call that number, it comes to us whether we're in the studio. Then you can go on the air or in our offices or homes, or it is forwarded to us and we promise to call you back and get you on the next show. So you can always be part of this show, get help, information and referrals. Speaking of which, I've been doing this for forty five years in Denver, more elsewhere, the longest running radio show with the same host, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars and cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds, and services. Now today we talk about your problems, questions and complaints. But each day we have a mini theme. One of the themes today is solar. We have Brooke with us. Brooke quite from her Jeez, I'm having a brain fart.
Speaker 5: Don't tell me. If you tell me, I'd be upset.
Speaker 4: But anyway, she's with Red Rocks RS or Red Rocks roof and solar. And here's the thing, here's the thing about solar. People don't really understand it still, and I fault a lot of solar contractors. A lot of them go to your door and they knock on the door and they sell you a system, You sign a contract in you never see those people again. They really are just salespeople, just like during a hailstorm, and roofers that come to the door aren't really roofers. They just sell your contract. Or when you're looking to move and you go online and you look for a moving broker, and that's what you get, a broker who sells your contract sucks And really and truly it's not a good industry. It's not regulated, not really is it Brooke is it regulated? It's not right solar, I mean, anyone could call themselves a solar contractor.
Speaker 6: Right in Colorado, solars very regulated, but like very in what way depending on the jurisdiction. You have to have a variety of qualifications, including NAB sub certification, your WACESE.
Speaker 5: Contractor to install it or to service it.
Speaker 6: So to sell it on the contract, it has to have the master electricians license and the electrical contract your license for who will be installing it. So they can't just sell you a contract and then sell it to somebody on the open market.
Speaker 4: Well, no, but they can sell it to something, but they can be still a third party with a pre arrangement.
Speaker 7: As long as the EC and theme.
Speaker 4: Are noted on the contract.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's all that's required. Okay, But yeah, to sell it.
Speaker 5: You're right.
Speaker 4: A lot of these installers, a lot of these companies, frankly, a lot of bad ones, have independent contractors going to the door selling for them.
Speaker 7: Yes they can.
Speaker 6: But outside of the state of Colorado, even installing it, you don't have to have nearly all the qualifications you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I'm glad there's some qualifications in Colorado, mostly for the technical part. And then why do we have so many screwed up systems? Then? Because we do. Every time you're on people call with screwed up systems.
Speaker 6: Why so if you're installing where there's hardly any regulation, like say Texas, and then you come here to install in Colorado, where we have got windload and snell load.
Speaker 7: You're not going to know what needs to happen to make it happen.
Speaker 6: And then they just don't take the time to sit down, and so.
Speaker 4: There are no inspections like there are with building a garage or a putting in a patio.
Speaker 7: In Colorado, there are.
Speaker 6: That's why there's so many systems installed but don't pass inspection. And the financing companies don't care if it passes inspection.
Speaker 7: They just care if the job got installed.
Speaker 4: All right, coming up, I'm going to talk about how everyone, almost everyone right now, because of solar, can get a ten percent reduction on their electric pills. You may have gotten a mailer. I thought it was kind of scammy, but I looked at it. I asked Brook about it, and we'll talk about it. This is really important.
Speaker 5: Everyone can save ten percent right now, right now.
Speaker 4: I'll even tell you how to do it. Steve's turn. Steve, you're on the Tom Martino Show. What's going on with you, sir?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: Tom? I'm pretty good to help you, well too, I am. What's happened a in the Interstate. I was leaving Lineman and my car broke down. They told me the Lineman, and they put in an alternator.
Speaker 4: And I got all the way to now now who put the alternator in?
Speaker 9: Uh charges garage or something in charging something?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: And I got one hundred and eighteen miles out to Idaho Springs and the alternator went bad again.
Speaker 4: Okay, so hold on, hold on. So the garage that put it in, they they usually they they warranty their repairs or the parts warranted. But there's a problem if your alternator keeps going out, and I question whether or not the alternator's out or was it a circuit that's out or a diode that's out, and uh so anyway, so keep going.
Speaker 9: So anyway, nobody around Idaho Springs can get me repaired. I had told the silver to arm to good Way Auto. They did diagnostics and they said, yeah, well the alternator and they put a new one in. And it's been about two weeks now. I got money back from George and Sons for.
Speaker 4: The When you say you said George and Sons like George Washington, that's correct, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 9: And so anyway, George and Sons gave me money back to the alternator because it was the part was warranted. But I had to pay labor twice.
Speaker 4: And I you know, well, normally, normally, let me explain this to you. Normally warranties only cover parts, well some cover parts in labor, but it's really the conditions on which it was warrantyed. So, how much was the labor? Because the labor that you had to pay for you shouldn't have had to pay for. Was that the second place? How much was that labor at the second place? Yeah?
Speaker 8: About a grand the labor?
Speaker 4: Yeah? For an alternator?
Speaker 9: Wow, Well it's about it was about. It's a Toyota Tundra. They say it's worth six hours of work by book to take at least four hours to do it.
Speaker 4: I guess I want to find out from our auto expert, just for the heck of it. That's the first thing I want to do. So what did George and sons say about paying for the labor?
Speaker 9: They didn't say anything about that.
Speaker 4: Well, did you ask about it?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 9: I didn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well why don't you ask him? I mean, I suspect the warranties terms and conditions are what most of them are. Parts are covered, not labor, right, However, I mean, you know, I don't know I mean, you know, it was like in the pure sense of the transaction. In the pure sense of it, there was no way for George and Sons to know it was a defective part. They did the job. Now on your part, you shouldn't be held responsible either, So then you would say, well, I'm going to go after the manufacturer then because I.
Speaker 5: Got a bad alternator.
Speaker 4: However, I am positive the alternator people have a pre existing warranty that only covers the part, and it's really up to us. This is an age old problem. Should labor be covered? It happens all the time where people get pissed off. Man, you should see like roofing guarantees. I imagine the roof being covered but not the labor, and the manufacturer says, we're happy to pay for the roof, but not the labor. This is something that I don't think you're gonna win, but unless you were promised it and didn't get it. However, if you want to take a flyer, you can do small claims court against the manufacturer or against Georgian Sons. But I see Georgian Sons totally blameless in this.
Speaker 9: Well, right, yeah, so I'm out about eight hundred Bucks in Labor that I feel like I got cheated and life and life's not fair.
Speaker 4: But you know I agree with you, by the way, just so you know I'm not disagreeing. I'm telling you the state. I'm telling you the state of affairs and how it works. I mean, we can call Georgian and sons all day long. But if they didn't do anything technically wrong, they installed it. And now if their installation caused the failure, that's something else. What did the guy say or the mechanics say, who replaced it?
Speaker 9: Yes, it was a bad alternator. He didn't say anything about workmanship or anything of that nature.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're up in the air. Where are you normally? You were in Linemen? Then Idaho Springs? Where do you? Where are you normally? Like? Like, if you want to go to small claimscore? How far away is long Women or or that county? So?
Speaker 9: I work at a hospital in Hugo, Colorado, which is just down the road from Lineman. That play state in Lineman, And I also work at a hospital and live in Rifle, Colorado. So and that Garfield County.
Speaker 4: And it's okay, so Lincoln County is I just looked up Liman Lineman is in Lincoln County. Correct, You would have to go to Lincoln County online and fill out small claims, have them serve, go out.
Speaker 5: There and appear, and you would lose. In my opinion.
Speaker 4: Where was the Where was the alternator sourced?
Speaker 9: The fun that went bad was sourced from NAPA in Lineman.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, then that's the next that's the next place to go. Or you may sue both of them in small claims courret. Look, I personally do not think you're gonna win. I know it's a pain. I swear to you You're not the only one that the part versus labor happens all the time, all the time. I want to ask Brook with Solar, thanks for calling Steave. I really I don't know what you can do except take that flyer Brook in Solar. Let's say panels go bad, something goes bad, alternate I'm not alternate converter whatever they call it, the inverter. If it goes bad. The manufacturers have warranties on all this stuff.
Speaker 5: What about the solar industry? Is labor covered?
Speaker 7: It is, but a very low amount.
Speaker 6: So for me to roll a truck out for in phase problem, they only pay like twenty five bucks.
Speaker 5: Do you do you pay? Do you charge the consumer?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: We usually say, hey, this is what we can get from en phase. This is what our normally hourly is. Are you okay making up the difference?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's just the way it is. Yeah, but do they know that going in parts and labor and what's covered and what's not.
Speaker 6: So I should make that as a little asterix for my clients. If there's an issue with it that I did the original install, then we cover that as.
Speaker 7: Part of our own war.
Speaker 4: You're talking about normal service. If you're called to service the system you did not install, Yeah, yep.
Speaker 6: But if we install it, then we cover parts in labor form for thirty years.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, that's the story there. That's really good now. Three zero three seven one three talk is our number seven one three eight two five five. We got a lot to talk about today. Water pros is one of them. Now they're finding nanoplastics even in deodorant. Nanoplastics are everywhere, especially drinking water. The only way to get rid of it triple filter, reverse osmosis. You know, municipal plants can't get rid of bad water, can't can't they can't get rid of all the nanos or all the prescription drugs.
Speaker 5: If you don't believe it, just ask them. They can't get rid of it.
Speaker 4: If you have a triple filter reverse Osmosis fourteen hundred dollars fully installed, it'll do it now. You can get a whole house system right now with reverse Osmosis for drinking for just thirty one ninety five. It's an incredible special waterpros dot Net three oh three eight six two five, five five four Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, You're troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Denverregen dot com. I'm going back there tomorrow for a redo, not a redo, but they do two treatments for the price for hair regeneration. Now again I notice new growth, I really do, and I'll I'm going to tell you how it works. And they do hair stem cell therapy for they also do it for pain, of course, and that I know works for absolutely sure Denverregen dot com. I want to mention something, Kelly. We had a caller on yesterday with real estate. They were both on a deed and need to get one off or something or both. Does that do you recall that?
Speaker 5: And and they want to know how you go about it? Remember that?
Speaker 4: Did you take a note of that because I wanted to get Brad O'Brien on today with them.
Speaker 11: Yes, and I've left them a message. Okay, good it was Rosa.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you? Okay, So Rosa I was on. I think, well, whatever it was, there were two people on deed and one of them they wanted to separate, and I said, you can only do that with cooperation of both. You can't force someone off a deed. But I'm sorry Rachel, Rachel and Richard. If we can get Rachel and Richard back on and figure out what their question was, but it had something to do with forcing someone off a deed, and I didn't think you could force someone off a deed. And then I have another question for him that came in elsewhere about a co signer on a loan. So when we get him on, I can probably ask him about both of those, or I can ask maybe even Brent Ivenson at Ideal Home Loans about the loan one, because we have two different questions. One is more loan oriented, one is more deed oriented, so either one. When Brad comes on, I can ask him three to zero, three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five to five, any calls, problems, questions, or complaints. Speaking of real estate, I did post a new social post on LinkedIn. I always go to LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok. Now TikTok's a flyer. I mean, that's not my audience, but I just posted there anyway, and it's about the new, not the new, but the recent years. We hear about title lock, LifeLock, home lock, blah blah lock, and.
Speaker 5: What they say is.
Speaker 4: This is a valuable service because locks happen. Excuse me, title theft theft of title, theft of homes happen all the time. It doesn't you don't need the service. If you look at the social post, it'll outline why you don't need the service. But I can also tell you as well, you don't need the service. Now, have people seen the video circulating in social media with Venezuelan street gangs? Now, I hesitate personally to say Venezuelan's street gangs, except that's what they are. And I personally have helped Venezuelan families that are wonderful people, hardworking people, they're working their asses off, they're great people. Okay, I've helped them. Now, having said that, there are some, of course that aren't wonderful, right, just like with everyone. So that's why I hate saying it, because I hate saying, you know, they're emptying, they're insane, asylums, their prisons, and they're you know whatever, and that's all that's coming in. I just hate looking askance at all of them. However, let's just get to it. This video. Have you seen anyone dragged? Did you see it? It's a video of the street gang going through the hallways and knocking on doors collecting rent. I think kicking people out too, Yeah, and evicting people with guns, with guns, with guns.
Speaker 5: Now here's what's funny. In Colorado.
Speaker 4: They don't want you to have a gun, but these guys have guns freely, freely, So I guess guns are all right for illegal immigrants. And no one. No one is helping this property owner, no one. The story is circulating, it's been verified. Police have not been in there, no one. Border's not the Border patrol or whatever. Ice is not in there. No one is in there. These people have taken over an apartment house.
Speaker 11: Hey, Tom, Yes, we had Danielle Drurynsky on dan Kaplis yesterday.
Speaker 5: And Danielle is the owner or what is Danielle.
Speaker 11: Daniel Drinsky is on the Aura City councilor.
Speaker 4: Okay, I didn't know that. So what did she say?
Speaker 11: She's the one that actually circulated the video.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's right, I think I heard it now.
Speaker 11: She was very upset, corrupt, and we had her on yesterday. And this is a true story. It's very sad. But the landlords of the apartment have been so scared for their own lives.
Speaker 7: That they've just kind of taken off.
Speaker 11: They don't even go there anymore.
Speaker 4: My god. Yeah, So basically all you have to do is arm yourself and take over a property.
Speaker 5: Now that's a step up from squatters.
Speaker 11: Very interesting, it's a very interesting situation. Hold on, doctor, it's a very interesting situation. But we are trying to get Mayor Mike Kaufman on to address the situation because he's very well aware of it and he's on top of it. So we'll see where that goes from there.
Speaker 4: And Aurora never declared themselves a sanctuary city, did they never?
Speaker 12: So it's going to happen. Criminal has stop. Criminals have never had difficulty getting guns. It's only responsible people who go through the whole waiting period.
Speaker 4: Background checkers. We all know that, right, So you know, to say.
Speaker 13: They have guns is sort of just you know, I don't understand I swear to god, I don't understand the soft on crime, let anything go attitude that we've had since Biden's been in office.
Speaker 4: Let's just call it like it is, Okay, I don't care what you say that. No, this is not a political show. I'm not telling you to vote for Trump. I'm not telling you. All I'm saying is this this open border thing, and this crime is okay, thing, because to enforce crime as racist is just absolute bull crap. It's absolute. Crime is crime is crime, is crime. That's what it is. It's crime, and it's not right, just like shoplifting is not right, like none of that. And God almighty, why did we get the impression that enforced I mean that in itself is racist. To say enforcing the law is racist is racist because what we're saying is only minority people. Are people of color break the law?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: This is amazing, This is amazing. So no, you know they're taking over private property with guns. So anyway, what's going on? Whose fault is this? Tell me whose fault is this? I can't wait for law and order. That's all. Not meanness, not disgusting meanness, not racism, just good old fashioned law and order because you can't take over somebody's property. Can you imagine owning a property and having a street game take it over? Now. I used to own some property downtown that was vacated. We were going to knock down. Well we did. We were knocking down the buildings and getting it ready to sell as a project.
Speaker 5: Right, this is a long story.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I had it fenced off and blocked off as much as possible. And back then it was popular to block off your property and keep it from being inhabited because it was considered dangerous.
Speaker 5: The city was on my ass.
Speaker 4: They would say, you're not doing enough to keep your property blockaded.
Speaker 5: We'd have fences.
Speaker 4: And barbed wire and boarded up homes and people who needed a place to stay. I hesitate to call them homeless, because I guess that's not right anymore, but they were homeless, or they were vagrants, mostly drug addicts and drunks, would break in and stay there. So, of course Westward, who hates my guts for many for fort they've been trying to get rid of me for forty five years. Westward did an article about me being a slum lord, and they had the nerve to do an article about me not keeping people out of there and at the same time having such deplorable conditions for these people, honest to god, look it up. Look it up. And then city council, this one city council woman was on my ass because I wasn't doing enough. I said, well, what do you have to do? At what point is it a law enforcement problem? So I'm wondering, is this apartment building being blamed. I wouldn't put it past law enforcement or government to do that. I was being blamed. I could not, I swear to God. You couldn't board up a property more. You could not fence off a property more than I did. Yet people were getting inside. This is different. These are people going into a residential apartment house and literally taking it over.
Speaker 5: I wonder if they're going to be blamed.
Speaker 4: You should have your own armed guards, don't depend on law enforcement. Glenn's got a comment. Go ahead, Glenn, then I'll take a quick break. Glenn. What's your comment? He had?
Speaker 8: In the last couple of weeks, they had these guys bum rush one of the gun stores, I think in Aurora, and you know they took off with like thirteen or fifteen.
Speaker 4: Guns that time.
Speaker 8: And I think they may have done that at another sporting good store somewhere else too. So yeah, they really don't have to care about waiting lists or waiting No they.
Speaker 5: Don't, No, they don't.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: I'm I got a bunch of textas.
Speaker 8: And be a law a lighting citizen, you've got to go through a waiting period and you got to get your name on a list and Yeah, it's great. You gotta love it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't understand the open border thing. I honest to God, don't understand it. Now. I love immigrants who want to come here for a new life. It just has to be done in a systematic, orderly way. I mean, you can't just dump people and and this is what you get because you don't know what you're getting. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three a two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here. Three oh three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five can't want to talk to Frank, who's calling in. I also have brooked with us from red rox RS. Now, remember, I'm going to talk about a couple of things today. I'm going to talk about how you can get a ten percent reduction in your electric bill, no matter who you are, without installing a solar system. I mean, solar is wonderful, you'll save way more than that, But without installing one, you can get a ten percent No gadgets, nothing to do, nothing to do except listen to me and sign up. That's right, ten percent off. Then we have another thing I want to talk about, the REAP grant, which is for commercial or residential excuse me, commercial or agricultural in the in the rural areas REAP grants. Okay, Frank, what's happening with you?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 15: Tom?
Speaker 4: How are you good? Now? Frank? Start your story over because I didn't. We didn't do it yesterday. Go ahead.
Speaker 15: Well, basically, I'm a contractor and I did some work for a for a veteran. Yeah, he had a home that the siding was really bad, so it was unensurable. He had to get it replaced. He couldn't paint there or whatever. He had to be replaced. We ended up replacing it. Well, let me back up. I did some work a year or maybe two years before that, and I had no problem with him. He did the roof and he paid, no problem.
Speaker 4: Okay, what did you do? You did?
Speaker 5: You did a siding job right for him?
Speaker 15: The most recently did the whole house, in the whole garage, the whole help be smart.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 15: We tore we tore out the old one, put to do on on and.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what's the problem.
Speaker 15: So he has a mortgage on that and he's trying to refine him to pay me through the VA. But it's called New Day mortgage or something like that.
Speaker 4: That's probably just a broker. So the homeowner is trying to REFI yeah, now did you know this going in that he didn't have the money?
Speaker 15: Yes, because he a New Day called me and said, okay, send us your invoice the estimate, and I did. And then they came back and said, okay, yeah he qualifies for all this. I'll probably go ahead and do the work. And once you're done, we got money and scrow ready.
Speaker 4: And it's called New Day.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 4: New Day was New Day, the one that held his first when you started the job.
Speaker 15: No, the first I don't know who holds the mortgage.
Speaker 16: I don't know.
Speaker 4: So he's trying to refine his home with a place called New Day, A new A new day. What's that? Yeah? And New Day now is giving? Okay? He was supposedly preapproved.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he was preapproved with his credits for and and and what happened?
Speaker 4: Why? So? So now what I imagine something went wrong with the loan. What's going on?
Speaker 15: Yeah? What happened with the loan is he has his son on there? He has his son as Oh.
Speaker 4: This is the one. Wait a minute, this is the one we were talking about that he's got to get his son off the deed right.
Speaker 15: Because he did. I guess they had a fallen out big time. So the son has no other one.
Speaker 4: And unless the sun signs, they can't get the loan right now? Will this man? Okay? Hold on now? So he got approved without his son's income and all.
Speaker 15: That, Yeah, because he well new they then probably didn't know that. I don't know how that works or I don't know if they did their homework or whatever.
Speaker 5: Is his son on the current loan?
Speaker 15: No, it's just it's just he put it on there. I guess because he's an older man.
Speaker 4: He put him on the deed, only not on the mortgage. Yeah, how long has the sun been on the loan? I mean the house?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 15: Anyway, I called a mortgage attorney or.
Speaker 4: We're going to get a real estate attorney. Katschina. You realize this is the one we wanted for Brad O'Brien.
Speaker 11: Right, I'm still trying to reach him.
Speaker 4: Okay, now here is the deal? Heap added him? How did he add him to the house.
Speaker 15: I don't know that either.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, we need Frank, we need information to help you. Okay, So can we talk to this veteran?
Speaker 15: This guy I guess yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, does he know that you're calling me for help?
Speaker 15: Well, he's but it is almost a year coming up. But we finished the job and he got into a little bit of a depression and started quit paying some of his bills on the problem. Now he's not to even qualify because he didn't pay some of his credit cards bills.
Speaker 5: Frank, how much are you out on this job?
Speaker 15: Five over twenty five?
Speaker 3: Thou?
Speaker 4: Okay, did and you didn't put a lean on the house?
Speaker 15: Did you no, I haven't because if I do that.
Speaker 4: It's too late. It's too late.
Speaker 5: It's too late, bro, too late.
Speaker 4: Now, I have a few questions for you. He stopped paying, he got into a depression, stopped paying his bills.
Speaker 5: Is he being foreclosed on?
Speaker 15: No, he's paying, he's playing. It's out. Just some of his credit cards are, he told me. And I even talked to New Day again.
Speaker 4: Frank. Hold On, I got it. Hold On, Frank, I'll have some suggestion. I do have some suggestions. It's not going to be an easy road, bro. Hold On, I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing US best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter.
Speaker 4: Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So what's going on with you? What can we do to help you? Man? I'll tell you. Uh, we have a lot of great topics that come on come up on the show. Brad O'Brien is with me Olslaw dot com. I want to get right to him real quick. He may not be able to answer in this amount of time, so we'll call him back. But Brad, listen real quick. Just the first question that comes up. If let's say you you quit claimed or you got your son on on the title with you, and you have a falling out with your son, how do you get him off if he refuses to get off the title? Is there a way to do that? Uh?
Speaker 17: Get him to sign a deed back to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's and if without his cooperation, is there any kind of legal step I can take saying, look, I did it, he didn't pay any consideration. I want to take it back.
Speaker 17: Well, to undo it, to reform the deed that basically cancel the deed that you gave the proper to him. You have to maybe show some fraud and when you did that in first place.
Speaker 4: But if there wasn't fraud, if you willingly did it and now you changed your mind, that's just tough. Luck.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you can't just undo it without the other person signing a deed back to you.
Speaker 5: Holy crap.
Speaker 4: So if he sells this, can this guy come in and demand part of the money.
Speaker 17: Of course they're part owner and my default fifty to fifty ownership presumption.
Speaker 4: Brad o'brienolslaw dot com for real estate issue seven to zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped you need so you don't.
Speaker 2: Have come run ins as a cam Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter show No Tom Martine.
Speaker 4: By Tom Martinez, You're a troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Hey, what if you get a knock on the door and uh, there's some gang members saying you got to pay us rent from now on or we're evicting you.
Speaker 5: Really, what would you do?
Speaker 4: Now? I know you think, well, that's never gonna happen where I am. Well you most likely that's true judging by my audience. But but okay, not everyone is fortunate. So what happens? What would you do if you say, no, they got a gun. There an automatic weapons. Some of them look like ar fifteens. I mean, these people are walking around threatening people, and you know what, that's just fine. Our government sucks, Our state government surely sucks. We invite these people, and I say, these people, I'm not talking about the good immigrants who want a better life.
Speaker 5: But we have to discriminate.
Speaker 2: H Did I just say that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We have to discriminate based on behavior and criminal activity. We have to have laws against crimes and against all of that.
Speaker 5: We are a nation of laws and we're a nation of humanity. Both you can have both.
Speaker 4: You see where I disagree with people in politics is when they're all one or the other. You can have sensible social programs to help people to help themselves. You can have equal opportunity, but you should not have equal outcomes. You can't. Sorry, move on. We can educate you, or help you or get you a job, but we can't make you perform. No one should try. If you listen to Kamala Harris, she's all about equity, not just equality. She believes equality doesn't go far enough. We must have equity. Equity is equal outcome. Well, how how's that going to work? How exactly does that work? You both do different jobs and get paid the same? How does how does equity work? Now? Look, there has to be a chance for everyone to be able to get ahead. But you can't make people perform. Now, those unfortunate who can't perform, they should be helped, of course. Three zero three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. Frank called in. We got a terrible situation, you're Frank. This man made a dreadful mistake that a lot of kids make, and they put their this man that'll they put their kids on the deed or the title they put them on there, and the way they do that is with a quit claim deed or some other way they feel like, oh, I'm going to die soon, or as I get older, I want my kids to have the house. The worst thing you can do is do it during life. You do it after death. You do it with a beneficiary's deed or a will or even a trust.
Speaker 5: Because, first of all, when you do a quit.
Speaker 4: Claim deed, if you wanted to leave your house to a kid, let me give you an example of what happens. Let's say you're one of these old codgers who paid one hundred and seventy five thousand for your home and it's now worth eight hundred thousand. Think about this now, Okay, so you have a lot of equity in that house. If you sold it, you'd pay capital gains tax. So let's say eight seventy five, and you pay, and you paid, I don't know, let's just take some numbers, and you paid one to eighty five. Let's just do that. So you have six hundred ninety thousand dollars in equity, that's six ninety you'll pay capital gains tax on everything above two point fifty as an individual or five hundred as a couple. So when you that, that's what you pay. That's going to be a lot of tax. You don't get out of that. You get an exclusion, but you pay tax on the rest. So let's say you are getting older, you're seventy seventy five eighty, so you put your kids on the deed. As soon as you do that, they inherit your basis of one hundred eighty five thousand, that becomes their basis. What does that mean? That means if you die or when you die and they sell that house, they will have to calculate a basis of six hundred and ninety thousand or more. As the house goes up in value, they will be strapped with a ton of taxes because they're not going to get the exclusion either because it's not their primary residence. So they're going to end up paying almost half of that. Well not necessarily because it's capital gains, but they're going to pay a lot a lot. So what happens, You screwed them. But what's even worse, if you change your mind, you can't get them off the deed. The better way to do it as a beneficiaries deed or in a will, which you can change, so if you have a falling out, you can get them off it. But here's how that works. With a beneficiaries deed or a will, upon your death, they don't inherit your one hundred and eighty five thousand dollars bases. Their basis now goes to whatever the house was worth at death. So now let's say it was eight seventy five, as we talked about, So if they want to sell it, presumably they'll sell it for eight seventy five or a little less or a little more. There will be no tax. So when you put them on a quick clean deed, you are screwing yourself. You are strewing them, and you are paying needless taxes. That's what you're doing. So don't do it. But now, once you do it, how do you get them off it? You heard Brad O'Brien, our real estate attorneys say, you can't get them off the deed once you put them on unless they defrauded you somehow, and you can prove it they defrauded you into putting them on the deed. That's too much. So, Frank, this guy screwed not only that he no longer qualifies for a loan. So you're not going to like the solution I have. However, it could be pretty clever. You're ready for it. Frank did work on this a year ago, and Frank not only did work on the house, but he didn't get paid. The guy had to refy to get him paid. And what happened was he couldn't refi because the sun was on the deed. The sun refused to cooperate and the sun won't get off the deed. So Frank, you're twenty five grand? Is that right?
Speaker 15: Of course I've stre changed.
Speaker 4: Here's what I think. I think you didn't finish that job. I think you still have to go and do some more work on it to finish that original job. And I'm going to tell you why. And I'm only telling you if this was me. Okay, if this was me, I'm not telling you to do it. I would go back and finish trimming that siding job, and I would finish it up. Then I would submit an invoice for the whole job. Do you know why I'm telling you that?
Speaker 15: To do the mechanic clean because.
Speaker 4: You only have four months from the time you leave the job to do the mechanics lean. You have to give notice then file a lien. But you didn't leave that job last year. You still have to go back and finish it. When you file a lien, you can even do it with the cooperation of this guy if you want to be a good guy. I'm serious now, So what you do is file a lean, and then I would go and foreclose on that lean with this guy's cooperation, with a wink wink. If you're going to be a good guy, this is how I would do it. Then then what I would do is start a foreclosure action.
Speaker 5: And I would sue the other guy too, the Sun.
Speaker 4: Then I would offer to take the Sun off the lawsuit if he signs over his share to his dad, and you'll only go after the dad.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 15: I know you could do that.
Speaker 5: Well, of course you can. You can settle and discuss anything.
Speaker 4: Now. If the Sun's sophisticated, he'll think, wait a minute, I don't have much risk here because if he sells the house, he's going to easily get paid his twenty five or twenty six grand.
Speaker 15: They'll have money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, if the Sun knows that, he but if you if you sue him, personally for that work. If he's on the deed, you can sue him. Even though you can't put a lien on it technically until it's done. Until within four months, you can still sue him. Whether or not that lian is found valid or not, you can still sue for payment you haven't been paid. But I would sue both of them personally once you start, and you can go to a good collection attorney to do this, and once you start this lawsuit, I would do both the lean and the lawsuit because even if the lean, even if the Sun or somebody says that's bogus, you didn't really do the job.
Speaker 5: You did it a year ago. I don't think anybody will do that.
Speaker 4: But if they figure out what you're trying to do and try to get the lean removed, it doesn't matter. You can still sue on the invoice. And when you sue that son, what do you think he'll do. He's going to be He's gonna be personally liable for it, and you don't even here's the problem. They can't The Sun can't say to you, Frank, you need to foreclothes on this house. He can't because the dad might say no, I'm not paying and I don't want to pay, so you're gonna put pressure on this son. So if this a hole thinks well I got a house, he can be held personally liable personally for the bill. And not only that, and you don't even have to do the lean Frank, you could just go and sue both of them right now for the twenty five grand I think it's called quantum marrowit meaning they got value and did not pay. And you can argue he got value because he's on the house, so now he's got value he didn't pay. Here's what's great about suing. You don't have to foreclosed. They can't make you fore clothes. Years ago, when real estate was crashing and I owed money, I would say for closed. The guy would say, no, I'm coming after you personally. I have better chance of collecting from you personally than foreclosing. No one can make you foreclose on that building or on that house.
Speaker 5: So you can. And here's the other thing.
Speaker 4: If both the father and the son owe the money, you don't even have to go after both of them. You can go after either one of them or both of them. So but you can use it as leverage against this guy. But Frank, I have a feeling you're not going to do it because I hear kind of like hesitation. But you're making a fatal mistake by not doing it.
Speaker 15: And I don't mean physical, I mean I paid money out of my pocket. I bought the siding, and I paid everybody I played taxes.
Speaker 5: So okay, Frank, here's what I want you to do.
Speaker 4: I want you to go to a good collection attorney and I want you to sue both of those people. And then if that guy, if that guy gets off the loan, gets off the deed, then you have an interesting situation. What you'll have listen carefully is is is the homeowner who owes you money, and that homeowner, however, has a good first and then that homeowner, with cooperation, will allow you to put a second on the house. And if you put a second on that house, you're at least secured. You won't get paid instantly, but you'll at least be secured. Then you can worry about collecting on that second. But do one step at a time. First, get rid of the deadbeat sun. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com for trusted service on your AC or furnace, or plumbing or electric. They've expanded and you can trust them. That's eight eight eight Heating dot Com people that I know and trust and you can too. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk interesting discussions always with my YouTube morons. You'd be smarter if you got online and watched as well or streamed as well as uh listened.
Speaker 5: Hey David, what's your question? What's going on?
Speaker 16: Bro?
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 19: I have a sister who filed a civil lawsuit to force the sill of some property that civil of us brothers and sisters owned.
Speaker 4: Okay, So your sister is the only one out of how many.
Speaker 19: There six of us?
Speaker 4: Okay, well out of six okay, got it?
Speaker 19: Okay. And so she hired a lawyer, and then later on during the process she stops using him. I don't know why. She just doesn't have a lawyer anymore. So she's a defendant. But now she's using my sister, who's a or she's the not the defendant.
Speaker 4: She's the she's the plaintiff. Your sister is the plaintiff, and she's suing her five siblings to sell a property.
Speaker 5: You all inherited, right, okay?
Speaker 19: Okay, So she dropped her lawyer or he quit. I'm not sure what happened. Okay, But now she's using one of the defendants as a foxy to settle the lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Now I don't understand. Hold on when you say she's used one of the defendants.
Speaker 5: So one of her siblings she's using as a mouthpiece as a proxy.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I don't know, way, baby, what do you mean proxy? There is no proxy in a lawsuit. So there's attorney. There are attorneys, and so what do you mean proxy?
Speaker 19: Apparently she signed a letter giving my sister, who my other sister who's a defendant, the right to speak on her behalf.
Speaker 4: Okay, well then now I see what you're saying a spokesperson. Okay, well, there's a clear conflict of interest here. But but a conflict of interest is something to bring up before a judge because people think conflicts of interest are against the law. They're not. Technically. An attorney, you know, could be in trouble for representing parties that are closely aligned but they're against each other. But that's up to you to you to bring up to the judge. So what is happening. I wouldn't this sibling. Isn't that better that she got one of you to try to settle the case?
Speaker 5: Or do you think they made a side deal.
Speaker 19: Normally I would think it would be a good deal, but in this particular situation, I do not think it'sidered.
Speaker 4: Well, what do you mean do you think she said to her sister or brother, hey, help me settle this and you get a little more Yes, okay, how is is the other sibling a sister or brother?
Speaker 16: It's a sister.
Speaker 4: Okay, So how is using this sister going to be bad?
Speaker 19: Because both of them had rented the property for ten years and never accounted for the rental proceeds or shared the rental proceeds.
Speaker 5: And now that, well, what does that have to do with any things?
Speaker 19: Well, I ended up buying the house because of the civil lawsuits, and well.
Speaker 4: Hold on, so wait, wait, wait, wait wait, you ended up buying it from the estate.
Speaker 19: Yes, well the estate was involved or or what's what I'm looking for?
Speaker 4: No, I get it. It was closed and you bought it, but you bought it.
Speaker 5: From the siblings, right right?
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on twenty three years later, David, David, you bought the house? How long ago?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 19: I just bought it this year.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you bought the house. Was the lawsuit dismissed or or dropped?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: How do you still have a lawsuit to make you sell a house if you already sold it?
Speaker 19: Because what happened is once once the mortgage company funded the house the mortgage, the money after all expenses had to go into the county registry, court registry or bank or whatever they call it. Okay, and then from that point we had to figure out how we were going to invite all the money between all the.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got it, but you okay. But as far as the closing, you actually closed on the house, yes, I did, okay? And how much did you buy it for?
Speaker 19: Two hundred?
Speaker 4: So obviously everyone had to agree to the two hundred and forty four to five for it to happen, right, And did you have to pay off any loans?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 15: It did?
Speaker 4: So what did what did the house net after commissions and loans? Hands? Just right?
Speaker 19: About about one hundred and seventy one hundred and seventy nine thousand.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now one hundred and seventy nine thousand have to be has to be divided, right, Okay, So keep going.
Speaker 19: So they're just agreeing on some of the things that my lawyer has has a I've asked.
Speaker 4: Through my lawyer, like, no, give me an idea of what they're disagreeing with. I don't get what you're.
Speaker 19: Saying, okay. I. So I'm explaining they collected rent for ten years and they never shared that with anybody, And so I spoke to my lawyer and we felt that it was unfair for them to have collected that rent. And then now after I was forced to.
Speaker 4: Right now, you wanted to offset their there.
Speaker 5: How many of them rented it two of them.
Speaker 19: Two of them rented the house out to the third party.
Speaker 4: Okay, since there are a total of sip six siblings and two of them rented it out, are the other four in agreement that they should have a lesser share?
Speaker 19: The two of us are in agreement. Two said they wanted nothing to do with the house. But then they turned around to sign the proxy over to my sister, the one that's the defendant, who's going to speak on behalf of the others.
Speaker 4: Okay, so listen. So the lawsuit, though the lawsuit is not going on any longer because it's a whole different lawsuit, they would have had to amend the lawsuit. How do you okay? The lawsuit was to compel you to sell the house. Right the house was sold. Now they would have to amend the lawsuit or file a new one for division of proceeds. Right, is that what they did?
Speaker 19: What happened was the paktiff doctor lawyer or lost her ord no longer had a lawyer. My my lawyer went through with the discision of money, and it is she she said, she said, this is what we want.
Speaker 4: I get it, I get it. I get that you want to offset the rent. But I'm going to tell you something. Okay. They call it a court of equity, which means that logically, if they collected more from the estate or from the property then the others did. If they collected more than the others did, they should offset their profit in a court of equity. Hold on, wait, David, But there is also a court of law which says, in the absence of an agreement, they may not owe you anything unless the majority of people who have been screwed agree it agree, And you don't have a majority. So unless you have the other four siblings in harmony saying they screwed us, then you didn't, you're never gonna win.
Speaker 5: How much was this ten years worth of rent?
Speaker 19: About sixty thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: Okay, So are you proposing that you take sixty thousand dollars? Now, remember part of that sixty grand would have gone to them anyway. So you have six siblings and you have sixty thousand dollars at dispute. That means they would have gotten twenty of it anyway, right.
Speaker 19: Right right between the twos and yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So therefore, if they would have gotten twenty of it anyway, you only have forty of it in dispute. Okay, so there's forty thousand dollars in dispute right now.
Speaker 5: But does everyone understand that?
Speaker 19: I don't. I think the two that never wanted to be involved with it at all, they don't understand that.
Speaker 4: Then you're never going to get this resolved. My opinion, my opinion, which is not a legal opinion, is divide up the frickin money and walk away.
Speaker 19: Well, we have actually were. We were ordered by the judge because we went to the hold on.
Speaker 5: I got to take this break. We got more coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Uh, day's got a comment on the mortgage and titles and all of that. Go ahead, Jay, what is your comment?
Speaker 20: Hey Tom? It's more of a question to stuffing that crossed my mind, as things often do. If say, an older person has a house and they do a quick client or put someone else on the deed, does that mean they're not ever going to be able to do if they're a person's junker, especially, are they're never going to be able to do her reverse mortgage?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, you will never. You will never do a reverse loan with two people on title unless both people qualify for the reverse loan and both people live.
Speaker 20: There another reason not to do stuff like that.
Speaker 4: That's right, both people must live in the house and beyond title, you cannot have a reverse loan with an absentee owner. I kind of thought so, but there, listen, the worst thing in the world, any the worst thing in the world anyone can do is put someone on their title for no reason. That means okay, what is no reason meaning no compensation, no money, No, And it shouldn't be done ever for an estate plan Ever, it is the worst estate planning you can do is put someone on. Dan McKenzie told me that's one of the most common mistakes he finds when people come to him. Dan is a great guy, by the way, McKenzie law and Dan said, when people come to me and they already put them they put their kids on the on the house. They've already screwed themselves out of tons of tax benefits, and they think they're doing something smart with the quick claim deed because some jerk told them to do it and they're trying to practice law. You should never transfer your house to anyone to put anyone on the deed for any reason whatsoever. That's that's that's the real deal. Never ever, there's never a good reason. And and so that's the long and short of it. Thanks for bringing that up. By the way, if you ever want to get a hold of McKenzie and ask him these questions. Eight three to three c plans. He's a local guy. He does Will's beneficiaries, deeds, trusts, all of that. Eight three three C plans. Now, David, welcome to the show. What is your suggestion, Yes, sir, what's happening? David?
Speaker 21: Hey, we we go to Florista and Kirple Creek and we can't hear you. I want you to get XN radio.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you can't hear me over there?
Speaker 4: Now you know what Mark looked into way wait, we looked into XM one time. I forget what happened. I think there's that is a distinct possibility. By the way, do you how many people though in Is XM a big deal right now? In cars?
Speaker 16: I don't know.
Speaker 21: Maybe because you half the time can't get radio stations.
Speaker 4: I love XM radio. I mean I love the reception, the quality and all of that.
Speaker 21: And yeah, I was halfway, you know, even to Woodland. We lose you in Woodland.
Speaker 4: That's too bad. That's too bad. We need to look into that.
Speaker 21: We work for a couple of property managements, so we go up here all the time and we just can't we can't hear you. I've sup phone and then I tacked into the radio. But then after a minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even so you work for property management. Let me ask you this, what would you do if a gang took over one of the apartment houses?
Speaker 20: Uh?
Speaker 15: You want my honest opinion, I.
Speaker 4: Honest to god, do I know you guys have to had to discuss it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, shut it on.
Speaker 21: File with all of them in it.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you wouldn't come on man, But listen, it's a terrible situation. So yeah, yeah, well anyway, thank you for He's just kidding.
Speaker 9: Folks.
Speaker 4: Don't get any idea. Listen. I don't know what's going on with ice. I don't know what's going on with police. But this this has got to stop, and you know, really and truly it's got to stop. All of this lawlessness around the country has to stop. Hey, Tom, did.
Speaker 22: Kelly tell you that there was a big article in a New York Post about this, but nothing in our local papers.
Speaker 4: Oh, local papers won't do it because they're all Democrats and owned in stocked. Neither will our local media. But then new yonk posted, Yeah, of course. I mean, like I said, Channel nine ought to just be the DNC headquarters. I mean, or at least the Colorado Democrat headquarters. It's it's so blatanly obvious. I when I was in I swear to God, when I was in television news, we would get in so much trouble, so much trouble for being so biased. I remember that. I mean, I remember being called into the office if you did a story that was the least bit biased. Now I'm not talking about my consumer stuff. I was allowed to make recommendations and call down fire on people who were ripping and people off and all that. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about news stories. I was never really news, But in news Man you could not ever show biased or leave out facts that.
Speaker 5: Would favor one over another.
Speaker 4: And that's how I was brought up three O three seven one three eight two five five. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. Pay a cent until you're content, Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your trouble insurance. Your trouble insurance is gonna say trouble insurance. I am your trouble insurance, your trouble free insurance.
Speaker 5: Listen to the show and save trouble.
Speaker 4: Okay, three all three, seven, one, three eight, two five five. I want to go back to some calls. We have Dominique on the phone. Go ahead, Dominique, what's happening.
Speaker 23: Hi?
Speaker 18: So I got into a car accident last month, and I've been reading for about a month and a half. Almost now she's get an answer about what the insurance is going to do. I had to go through.
Speaker 4: Explain the accidents. Explain the accident first. What happened?
Speaker 18: So I was making a left hand turn on my way to work and this car decided. So I had a left green arrow, and the arrow had just turned yellow as I was going underneath it like it was green as I was.
Speaker 4: I know, I understand, I understand. You know what you're gonna be. I'm gonna surprise you when I tell you this. It wouldn't have mattered if it was turning yellow or if it had just turned red.
Speaker 5: But go ahead. And there's a reason for that, But go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 18: Well, I had literally I was already pretty much done with my turn I was already in the lane that I was turning into, like.
Speaker 14: Passing the cross, okay, okay, and this car.
Speaker 18: Decided to run the red light and snack directly into my back tie okay, like he was like right when I was already through the light. He tried to speed up to get through.
Speaker 4: So your right rear was hit? Got it?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 18: And I filed the claim.
Speaker 14: You know, because you filed the claim. Where for my instant?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 5: First of all?
Speaker 4: First of all, the other driver is supposed to file that claim? Or was it whose fault?
Speaker 14: Was it it was his fault?
Speaker 4: Did he get a ticket?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: Then who says it's his fault?
Speaker 18: Well, I mean he's the one that ram the red light?
Speaker 4: But who says it was his fault? Is there any proof? What if he says no, it's not, Well he.
Speaker 18: Hasn't been answering the phone for them, for who's them? So they don't even for his insurance.
Speaker 4: Okay. See here's the problem with this. There was no place polase report? Is that right?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And there's not even a record of the accident. I'm gonna give you bad news first, Dominique. If he simply refuses to cooperate with his insurance company, they will turn down your claim. Now, I do have a way that you should handle this, so not all hope is lost. But you got to listen to me carefully and I'll go through the steps. Okay, So hang on, I'm Tom Martino three zero three seven to one three talk. Let's see if we can help her out of this jam. We have redrocksars dot com, redrocksroof and solar with us. We'll talk a little more about solar and remember saving ten percent on your electric film no matter who you are, without solar even being installed, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your tenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of news need so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come run anxiousness as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino, Your Troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Welcome to the only show of it's kind anywhere in the universe where we are solving problems, answering questions, and taking complaints, oh, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars for people. One Clear Choice Garage Doors, Man, Do I love them? I use them, I've used them. They do garage door openers, and they do garage doors, and they're one of the few factory authorized places for garage doors. A lot of people fix garage doors but don't have a clue what they're doing. And also they do openers of all kinds. I have the sidewinders, now, do you know what they aren't? They're the ones on the side, so you don't have all that clutter above. It's much cleaner. It's really nice. One Clear Choice Doors dot Com. If you go to that site, all the prices are there. Seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Hey, Dominique was making a left turn and a car hitter. The car was going through a red light. Dominique said her green arrow was just turning yellow. Since there are no witnesses or police reports, it's really her word. So she tried putting in claim with the other insurance company. Now, why did you put an acclaim with the other insurance company? He gave you all of his information, is that right, Dominique?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I only have liability for my insurance. My dad set it up for me a while ago, so I wasn't completely sure.
Speaker 4: Like what year is your car, Dominique?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 4: What year is your car?
Speaker 18: In? Two thousand and seven?
Speaker 4: Okay, so yeah a lot of people do that. They don't carry collision on older cars. But I want to ask you something on this accident. Did they did he stop and give you information?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's how you called his insurance?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And did he say, oh, I'm sorry it was my fault?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 18: He was more he didn't really speak English, so like it was kind of hard to just get any type of information from him. He was all like, uh, what happened? Like why'd you slow down? And I was like I didn't like he was typing it, and I was like I didn't slow down. I was turning. You ran a red light?
Speaker 14: Why did you do that?
Speaker 18: And he was like, well, let me get your insurance.
Speaker 4: So there's no one to say. There's no one, there's no one to say whose fault is.
Speaker 18: There is an older lady at the bus stop, but she also only spoke Spanish, and she was getting very mad that I had to pull over by the bus stop to get it all figured out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not gonna In other words, this person isn't This person is not going to admit fault. It seems like it, and it could be either your fault or his fault, depends with the way the cars hit. He could say you turned in front of him. I mean, there's no record of this that. You don't have tape, you don't have video, you have nothing. So I don't see this guy. Unless this guy admits it and turns it into his insurance. His insurance will not cover you. Have you already gotten rejection letter?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: Not yet, you will. Who's the insurance company?
Speaker 18: Fred Loyer?
Speaker 4: That's how My god, that's even worse. Fred fred Loya doesn't pay.
Speaker 18: Even Jack also got hurt during that accident, and I have tried to call the body the bodily injury claims for hint like for back company as well. Dominique's not been answering anything, Dominique.
Speaker 4: They're not going to pay. Yeah, it's not proven, it's his fault. I wouldn't pay either. But Dominique, do you have on your insurance something called medpay?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 4: Well you should. It would cost you five or ten dollars a year or a month. I'm telling you that that medpay would have paid for your injuries, no matter whose fault it was.
Speaker 5: So you're sure you don't have medical payments?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How do you know that?
Speaker 18: Because it was something that my insurance have told me when I spoke to them.
Speaker 5: You in order not in Colorado, this is a weird thing.
Speaker 4: In order not to have medical payments, you actually have to turn it down by initially it. Ask your insurance company.
Speaker 18: Dad set it up through the general. I know that's what we have.
Speaker 14: It's the General.
Speaker 4: Oh God, Dominique. The only thing you can how much damage you have in your car?
Speaker 18: I can't drive it. I haven't been able to drive it for this whole time.
Speaker 4: Do you know how much you cost?
Speaker 18: A fire is smashed in at least three thousand, three thousand to get my tire, replace, my breaks replaced, my actual.
Speaker 4: Routrice, Dominique, if you got this guy's name and address, you can serve him and go to small claims court see whether you could get it now. Then it would be up to him to put it into his insurance. But he's the one responsible to you, not his insurance company.
Speaker 19: You.
Speaker 4: But I'm going to warn you if you go to small claims court with this guy, he's going to deny it and then you're gonna have to argue in front of a judge. I mean, it's very likely you don't have enough information to get your money. You could lose in small claims court for lack of evidence. Yeah, so you.
Speaker 18: Can try small claim that we were turning at had cameras. Would that see something I could manely try to get.
Speaker 4: Access to maybe maybe, Dominique, hold on, let's get our expert on, our auto accident attorney.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you hang on and we'll try to get them on and talk about it.
Speaker 19: All right.
Speaker 4: It's three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey Tom, Yes, sir.
Speaker 22: This is why I listened to John fuller and when out' and got a dash cam for one hundred and fifty bucks. You have permanent protection for stuff like this. It is such a smart thing to do, and I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner, but it's so cheap to get one that would have solved this problem immediately.
Speaker 4: Okay, now.
Speaker 5: Here's uh, here's something I want to talk about.
Speaker 4: I'm getting texted on why they asked do I not like quit claim deeds? What I'm saying here is a quit claim deed is the weakest form of ownership. It only quit claim what interest you have in something to someone else, or what the interest someone else has they quit claim to you. There is no guarantee of ownership or that is even valid. I can quit claim right now the Empire State Building to anyone, because what I'm saying is I'm quitting my claim to this property and transferring it to you.
Speaker 5: Now this one guy texts the means.
Speaker 4: Or one woman whoever said, Tom, what about using a quit claim to drop an ex spouse and add a new one. Yes, you can do that. You can do that all day long. You can say I want to do this if all parties know each other and agree you can use a quit claim deed to drop someone and add someone else until it's disputed. If it's ever disputed, that ex spouse says, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: I didn't agree to this. You're screwed.
Speaker 4: Without any kind of outside evidence, A general warranty deed is much stronger. A quit claim can be done if other documentation verifies it, like a divorce decree and her agreement or his agreement. If that house suddenly was purchased by a land developer and you got way more money than you thought, or something happened oil was discovered under it. I'm just telling you a quit claim deed is your weakest form of transfer. It can be challenged easily. So just because you've done it before doesn't mean it's great. It also doesn't mean it's automatically bad. Now what about this, Tom, If heat insurance info to Dominique, isn't.
Speaker 5: That admission of guilt?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. He can say we exchanged information at the scene, I mean.
Speaker 5: Or he can just simply say I didn't give it to her.
Speaker 4: I don't know how she got it. I mean. People, you take too much for granted when it comes to proving who's at fault, So thank you for texting me. By the way, people are texting me at this number, this is my personal Google number that literally comes to my cell phone. I mean that you can literally text me anytime seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty I promise you I'll get it. You can also leave me email excuse me voicemail at three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six more. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three A two five y five. I want to bring up John Fuller Personal Injury co dot Com. He's an attorney who does personal injury. Now, this is not necessarily a person injury case, but it is an accident case. She has no evidence whatsoever except the guy stopped in. They exchanged information. She was making a left turn. She claims he ran a red light hit her. He's refusing to call this insurance company. So his insurance company, who is Fred Layer, says we can't cover it if he doesn't cooperate, and of course Fred Loya sucks anyway, So Dominique is stuck here.
Speaker 5: So I have a quick question for you, John Fuller.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, can she get traffic camera footage from any of those intersection cameras?
Speaker 16: It depends on the intersection tom. Some of those cameras are only for traffic control, and they're just they just count cars. They don't actually keep film, and so those wouldn't be of any assistance. If it's actually a camera, and it's a c DOT camera, sometimes it's tough to figure out who owns it. But if it's actually a camera, then yeah, we've been able to get copies of that film sometimes. Yeah, Okay, then identification of the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she has this information, his name and his insurance, but they won't pay, and she has a hurt back. Right now, what happens if you have someone and there's no witnesses, no police report, and they're hurt and they say it's someone else's fault. She says, she doesn't have medpay. What happens in a case like that?
Speaker 16: And did the police come to the scene.
Speaker 4: Nope, none of that.
Speaker 16: Oh well, it's a classic, he said, She said, I mean, and unfortunately, you know, the ultimate decider effect would be a jury. And if it's a strong enough case and you you know, and if the damage is warranted, may be a case that you have to take into litigation. You know, the insurance company is absolutely right to deny any sort of coverage when they're insured is not cooperating. That is one of the clauses in all of their contracts. However, the moment that that insured got sued, he would either have to face the reality of defending the suit by himself and being on the hook for any of the damages, or he's eventually going to have to call his insurance company and say, maybe I was in an accident. I need you guys to defend me. So so that would be the next step, now, you know, he said. She said, cases are difficult. They are the worst cases in the world, and you're dealing with two of the worst insurance companies that you could possibly team up with. The General is better than Fred Loyer by a long shot, but both of them are you know, our higher risk. You know, they cater to a higher risk cloud, so they tend to only have your lowest amounts of coverage and you know, and high deductibles and drivers that have less than sellar driving records and stuff.
Speaker 24: That's just what they do.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 16: It's a tough it's a tough situation. Yeah, we have been able to help people in that situation many times. But it really just depends on the facts of the case, whether you can find any witnesses or there's anything to support your side of the version of events.
Speaker 4: Dominique, how bad is your back?
Speaker 18: So like whenever I try to like just like crack it, like Sam's laying down and like roll over. You know, check how anybody would crack their back laying down, it feels like my sin is just like out of place. I haven't gone to the doctors yet because I already had a discussion with Medicaid, and they said that they would say to cover everything, and I just don't have that money to pay out of pocket, right, what do you.
Speaker 4: Mean Medicaid said they couldn't cover it.
Speaker 18: They wouldn't cover all of it.
Speaker 4: What part wouldn't they cover?
Speaker 18: Yeah, exactly, I would still have to pay I think. She said twelve hundred out of pocket for what?
Speaker 4: Twelve hundred for what? What kind of treatment?
Speaker 18: Like if I got like if I had to do multiple X rays of my back. She said that they would only be able to cover a certain amount whatever that.
Speaker 5: I never heard of that, John.
Speaker 16: My experience is that Medicaid will cover you, you know, at least if you go into er and stuff. And when it comes to getting ongoing medical treatment or Medicaid is more difficult because really what medicaid is. Therefore, it's a hospital and stuff, and it's less so available for ongoing treatment. But you shouldn't have to come out of pocket to get medicaid to pay for an er visit to get you checked out. When did this accident happen? How long ago?
Speaker 18: Last month? Last month? Yeah, on July sixth week.
Speaker 16: Okay, so you're already six weeks. So what you're already six weeks into not getting treatment. So I mean, you listen, the reality of it is that I have no doubt that you're telling the truth and that you're you're probably injured. But when you ignore injuries for six weeks, even the best insurance company is going to say, we don't think you're injured because you didn't seek medical care. And any normal person, if they were truly injured, would it go into the emergency room that day or the day after and all yeah, and they're going to hold that against you. And when you don't have any police report, you have nothing to support your case, and you've got to delay in treatment of over six weeks. And the best thing that you can come up with is an excuse that Medikaid told you that they wouldn't pay for everything, when clearly they will.
Speaker 4: I hate to get we got a problem.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we have a problem that may be insurmountable in your case.
Speaker 4: And Dominique, really again, get med pay. Make sure you get medpay on your insurance.
Speaker 16: It's so cheap and it just covers without need.
Speaker 18: And pretty much the reason they wouldn't cover everything is because I have a specific amount. But for like them coal vision and all of that other stuff, and that would exceed the amount.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've never heard of that with Medicaid for an accident ever.
Speaker 19: Health Medicane, Yeah, I have health or Yeah.
Speaker 16: It's Denver Health Medicaid. Okay. Yeah, so that's a whole different ball of Black's Tom And I don't know if you've heard of it before, but it's a it's really not medicaid. It's more of a Denver Health sponsored health plan that is subsidized by Medicaid, and they have coverage issues and stuff. So listen. I hate to say this because it just doesn't do anything for you, but but for all the rest of the listeners, this is a prime example of why we need to spend that seven or eight or ten bucks a month to have that medical payments coverage so that if you have a copey or a deductible and you've got to come out of pocket following an accident, no matter who's at fault, you've got that coverage and it's right there and you don't have to ever pay it back. It's a beautiful thing. It's super cheap, and this is why you have to have it on your policy. I will tell you this. Which one is your insurance company? Fred Loyer?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, No, hers is the General?
Speaker 16: Okay, the General normally doesn't just mandatory wave the medpay. Fred Layer, in my experience, has never issued a med pay policy in Colorado that I've ever seen. They print their contracts with the waiver in place. I think that's absolutely illegal. But I've yet to see a Fred Loyer policy. Who is medpaith? But it is a mandatory coverage and the state requires that the insurance companies offer it. And I don't care who your carrier is. You need to tell your agent or the company themselves. And I want that medpay on my policy. Put it on there, don't wave it. Unwaive it if you ever did, and get that coverage there in case something bad happens to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you. John Fuller Fuller Law three oh three uh five nine seven forty five hundred is his number if you ever need them. Personal Injury Coo dot com. I I got more coming right up. Hang on the lines. I will get to all of you right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five. So it says here tom my wife was rear ended result in a total loss of a vehicle. Insurance is paying thirteen sixty sixty six, but we owe twenty three thousand petty details, which, by the way, they value cars for you. When when things like this happen they're on the referral list, they say the settlement sounds correct. In other words, the car was worth about thirteen six sixty six. My question, can we go against the other driver for the balance to get that other ten grand bag? Well, the obvious answer is known, because remember, the party responsible to you is responsible for what they took from you, what they damaged you by. If you overpaid for the car, or if the car depreciated faster, or if you had negative equity when you bought that car, so your loan is artificially higher. You are are only owed what that car was worth, not what you owe on it. So that's that quick answer. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. Again, you can text me personally to my cell phone seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. No one else in media gives you this direct access. You can also call me personally at three oh three Martino. Now, obviously we go to voicemail. There's too many calls. I want to take Mary, who has a follow up? Don't is bo around by the way.
Speaker 25: Uh, I'm here, I'm here, tom.
Speaker 4: So she bought a used car from Michael's. As I'm reading this call, and uh it was Michael Auto Sales East Colfax twenty fourteen Lexus one hundred and thirty two thousand miles, seventeen thousand dollars plus warranty. She was financed for twenty three thousand somewhere along the line. This sounds like a screwy deal, but it might be illegal. Screwy deal, a legal one, not illegal, but anyway, a few days later the engine light came on. He promised to fix it. It sat for six months. They claim they replaced the engine. She's still having trouble. What's going on? I wanted you to make a last dish effort here, Bo. I'm not sure this woman could have screwed herself. I'm not sure what the warranty covered. Well, what's going on? Sure?
Speaker 25: I made a call to she sent me paperwork on the extended warranty and it's by a company called Wise MVP. They're a national warranty company. They have good reviews. I was able to call and get right through to them this morning and talked to Dan. They're a representative in the good news for Mary is that this warranty is still in effect, so she could take this warranty and go to.
Speaker 4: Why didn't she know that? Bro? Why didn't she know that?
Speaker 25: I believe that when she had problems, she took the vehicle and she can explain that she took the vehicle back to Michael Michael's Auto Sales when they had engine engine problems, and the owner or the representative that Michael Auto Sales took it to like a shade, a third party mckenn.
Speaker 4: I wonder why, but they must have known she had a warranty they sold it to her.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 25: I don't have an explanation for that. And apparently Mary put up fifteen dollars to replace the engine, and I do not know, Hey.
Speaker 5: Mary, now see, I don't know if they're going to reinburse her for that.
Speaker 25: Mary? Are you there?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 24: I'm here?
Speaker 5: So Mary, would you whould you pay fifteen hundred two?
Speaker 14: So here's what happened.
Speaker 24: They told us that we had to go to their specific mcare because what happened was in December of last year, when uh, my husband went to I don't.
Speaker 4: Need no, no, I don't need the surrounding story. They told you you needed to go to their mccounting, did they? But they did they remember that you purchased a warranty from them? Yes, then why didn't they ask why didn't they call the warranty company? Do you know?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 24: Uh, but I do know that we had already talked to the warranty company last year. And what happened was when they had when Michael Auto Sales had first taken the car, when we first were having issues and they gave us the loaner.
Speaker 19: They took the.
Speaker 24: Car to Automation Toyota and Auto Nation Toyota and us.
Speaker 19: We all talked to the.
Speaker 24: Warranty company and everything. But the thing was was the warranty company.
Speaker 4: Said that they had to uh do this.
Speaker 24: Uh diagnostic and they had to I don't know what whatever the details were, my husband.
Speaker 19: Dealt with it.
Speaker 24: Bottom line was autom Nation Toya wanted us to pay two thousand dollars upfront.
Speaker 14: We didn't have two thousand dollars.
Speaker 24: Up front because we were already paying for car rentals.
Speaker 4: All right, so hold on first, is it accurate to say you did not go through the warranty procedure? That's right, Yeah, the warrant does not.
Speaker 25: They did not have a claim for an engine. There's been no claim on your wall.
Speaker 4: It's too late now, bro, it's too late. They already did it. They're not going to go back and cover this. So based on her word, how much did you put toward the engine.
Speaker 24: So in December when they went Michael Auto Sales forces to go to their mechanics, I told my husband it was fifteen hundred dollars that they had us pay because Michael Atto Sales owner USUF said that he would pay fifteen hundred dollars and we would pay fifteen hundred dollars and they only wanted cash. And I told my husband get a receipt, and this guy refused to give him a receipt. Testpe was the name of the guy and he's on pullback eight thousand pullbacks and gift the Auto Sales is the name of the shop.
Speaker 4: My god, your your phone is cutting it in everything? All right? Oh sorry, sorry, listen, listen, listen. I just want to talk about this. Sure, I don't think we can do anything for you because you never went through the warranty procedure. They wanted to do this procedure. The reason you had to pay upfront was this. They take it apart, they look at it. If it turns out to be a warranty issue, they pay for it. If not, they want to be reimbursed for that. It's a terrible situation that you went through. But I don't know what we can do about it right now unless.
Speaker 25: I have an idea, Tom, what is that bo so the warrant? This warranty company seems to be a stand up company. There's been no claims against this warranty company. That Dan at this MVP warranty company said that Mary could take the car that Kevin Kulkin assured an auto tech or to the Lexus dealer. They would even pay for the tow and Mary would have to pay the one hundred or two hundred dollars diagnostic fee. And there's a good possibility that this warranty quarranty that Mary bot would cover the engine.
Speaker 4: Now, I do not think.
Speaker 5: But if it's not the original engine, why would they?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm all for that bow, but did they understand she already had the engine replaced?
Speaker 25: Well, you know, Tom, I don't see how they could replace an engine on a twenty fourteen Lexus for three thousand dollars. I don't think they replaced the engine. I think they just I think the engine. She still has the original engine and she needs to go to a dealer or Kevin and verify it.
Speaker 4: I at least you know what the money that's right, we can find out if they replace the engine or not. If they didn't and they lied to you into fifteen hundred. Now, did Michaels take the fifteen hundred or did their mechanic do it?
Speaker 24: Fifty auto sales guy named tes Fey, he took it. He took the fifteen hundred cash. And you know, we don't think he replaced the engine at all because they worked for four months, literally only four months, and then it started to jerk around.
Speaker 4: And way, hold on, now, what is the name of the so that you didn't pay the Michael's Auto Sales this money?
Speaker 24: No cash only to gift the auto sales because they said cash only and they were and.
Speaker 4: What are you saying? Nifty nifty auto sales g.
Speaker 24: G I s t y eight thousand eight coal facts. And the guy's name is Teste. And when we went back to him in June after the car quit after four months of working, we went back to him in June of this year, and he said, I've never.
Speaker 19: Seen you before.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is there any way to prove that he even took the money from you.
Speaker 24: His re seat in the first place, Tom.
Speaker 5: Was, Mary, you didn't get a receipt.
Speaker 24: I told my husband, make sure you get a receipt. This guy wants cash. He's not going to give you a seat. I said, make sure he gets your receipt or he's gonna screw us.
Speaker 18: He came back to the car.
Speaker 19: He said, did you get a receipt?
Speaker 24: He goes no, I said, I knew it.
Speaker 5: So basically, Mary, this never happened.
Speaker 4: Nifty you'll say it never happened, yeah, or gifty.
Speaker 24: He said he'd never seen us before in huge Oh my, I've never seen you before.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, let's just let's just go with both suggestions.
Speaker 25: Mary, you need to take your car to the Lexus dealer. Their dealers are pretty good. They have the answer to the manufacturer. I would take it there since it's close to where you live. Pay, you know, pay the one hundred or two hundred and fifty dollars, and I believe your warranty company will assist you in pain for the diagnostic and have a real company check it out.
Speaker 4: If that's the original engine, there's nothing we can do because we can't prove a gift receipt. So if that's the original engine, though, maybe your warranty you'll cover it because you have a warranty. I have to take this break. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Go with a Sure Thing, Denver's Best Roofer, Excel Roofing, Dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven two five five. Susan wants a NOVAP deck consolidation. What's going on, Susan?
Speaker 23: High come times?
Speaker 21: We have we have.
Speaker 23: My son and son and daughter in law have gotten them to early thirties, have gotten themselves in considerable debt.
Speaker 4: How much?
Speaker 23: And I'm trying to about seventeen grand?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 23: Yeah, And they they're kind of frivolous and they need someone to kind of give them a come to Jesus. I'm doing a budget and I was thinking counseling, budget counseling, I.
Speaker 4: Mean it'll it's called yeah, or consumer credit counseling. Used to be an organization did that. But anyway, so what about it?
Speaker 23: Well, I'm just wondering what's the best way to go for them to go about working on this debt.
Speaker 4: Okay, do they start? I'm going to I'm going to run out of time, but I'm going to start, and then i'll take you right up right after the news. Here's the bottom line with seventeen grand in debt. I know you've heard about debt consolidation. That's mostly false. There is no real There is no real true debt consolidation without security, meaning you can't simply go out and get a seventeen thousand dollars loan and hope that someone's going to take a chance on you. It's just not going to happen. All debt consolidation loans are either secured or they're outrageously expensive to where it doesn't pay doing them because you have loan sharks doing them. So it's better. But that doesn't mean you can't negotiate settlements. You can you if you, but you have to have lump sums to do settlements.
Speaker 5: But where do you get lump sums? That's the problem.
Speaker 4: The truth of debt consolidation is this, in order to get debt consolidation. You have to have something. You have to have a house, a second or anything like that. They have a house. Yeah, okay, well we can talk about that coming up. I can talk to you about not getting ripped off. That's the most important thing. Hang on, I'm Tom Martino. Dek consolidation coming up. Plus, Monique has an issue with an HOA and then we're going to talk about an issue with another kind of a car sale. All of that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Plus we have Redrocksars dot com, roof and solar coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excelroofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up. You need advice so you don't have come run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the only show anywhere if it's kind. This hour brought to you by Excel Roofing dot Com. I love Excel. No money down, you don't. They don't. You don't pay a cent ever to them until they're you're content. That's the end of the job. They don't uh, they don't make you sign anything for them to examine the roof damage and to give you a complete, detailed contract. You don't have to sign anything until uh you want to. And it's really the only way to do business. And roofing Excel as an excellent ex Cel excelroofing dot com. And they also know about attic ventilation and complete energy efficiency on roofs to help your home cool and heat better. Excel. Okay, let's talk what's on your mind today. I have Red Rocks with us Red Rocks roof and Solar talking about solar systems, and I want to talk about a couple things after I take these calls. Susan wanted to talk about debt consolidation coming up. I'm going to tell you how to save ten percent on your electric bill without solar. I mean, I don't mean we I also like solar is a bad thing. But there's a program going around I want you to know about. It's connected to solar, but you don't have to have the system. It's weird, just weird. Anyway, We're going to try to explain that to you, Susan. Her son and daughter in law gott into seventeen thousand dollars in credit card debt. How is their credit right now, Susan, Did they trash their credit or are they barely making pay?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 23: I don't know. I should have asked him that, But I can ask them, Okay, And.
Speaker 5: How much equity do they have in their house?
Speaker 4: If any?
Speaker 23: How much equity do they have in their house?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 19: Good, asked the husband.
Speaker 23: Sure, how much equity do they have in their house?
Speaker 10: Not much?
Speaker 23: Apparently.
Speaker 4: Oh, and they may not be able to they'd have to have enough to take out seventeen grand.
Speaker 22: I think they'd have to put at least twenty percent to get a mortgage.
Speaker 4: With mortgage insurance.
Speaker 5: In their case, they have a home already.
Speaker 22: What are you talking about, Well, in their home, in order to get a mortgage on that home, it sounds like they would have to put at least twenty percent down.
Speaker 4: In other words, you're saying they probably have at least twenty percent. Yeah, in order to get a mortgage, they must have. But most, but most people won't loan even on a second They won't loan more than eighty percent, sometimes ninety percent. So how much do you know how much they owe in their house? Susan?
Speaker 23: Oh, gosh, they paid five Do you know how much they owe on their house?
Speaker 4: Pet?
Speaker 23: Six hundred thousand?
Speaker 4: Probably just so? And what did they pay for the house?
Speaker 16: Would they pay?
Speaker 19: Pat?
Speaker 23: Five sixty? Sorry, he's got the about six twenty?
Speaker 4: So they don't have much equity at all?
Speaker 23: And oh no, no, they don't count.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, oh, and do you know what the rate is on that first loan?
Speaker 23: Six points? They got forty thousand in equity? My husband says, yes, I think you were like six point two five or something like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to ask another question. If they're not listening, this is good, are you eyes willing to loan of money.
Speaker 23: NOP can't right now, can't right now, we're retired. My husband got West Nile severe case, really and rehab for like three months. He got the neuroinvasive kind.
Speaker 4: How do you get it?
Speaker 23: Complete mosquito bite, complete paralysis, necked down, ventilator, trachy out.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, wait a minute, I mean, Susan, how do you know what's from a mosquito bite?
Speaker 23: Because that's what was carrying them?
Speaker 19: And how long ago was that virus?
Speaker 23: This is September, September fifth. We're going to have a big year long celebration form in a couple of days. It was September fifth. He went into the hospital by the eighth. He was in intensive care. We finally got him home in December, but he.
Speaker 4: Still was very weak.
Speaker 23: Needed a lot of physical care, which I was able to do because I'm a nurse. It's been wrong, it's been insane.
Speaker 4: Listen anyway, there's not much hope for this seventeen grand unless but I'm going to give you some techniques here. If they still have reasonable or good credit, they can do balance transfers. Some cards offer zero percent balance transfer for a certain amount of time, and you can they can transfer it and try making payments on it to get it down and keep doing that transfer game. That's what some people do. Do you know how many different cards they have?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. And the more important thing is this where they putting it on credit because they don't have enough to meet their bills every month. I mean, because then that would.
Speaker 23: Be matter what probably more details.
Speaker 4: Well, let's put it this way. If they're charging stuff, If they're charging stuff because they don't have enough to pay their bills, then getting a loan to pay off this equity is only a band aid. It's not going to help them. They're going to go right back into debt again.
Speaker 18: Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean they have to increase their income or decrease their their expenses.
Speaker 14: M hm.
Speaker 23: Okay, what what what would you recommend just to start baseline? What do you know anyone that would do just plain budget counseling help them get a budget going.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what I used to I used to know people hold on, let me just see, there are negotiations, let me just see. It's hard to say there consumer credit counseling. It was, you know, consumer credit counseling. A lot of people think, oh, that's just a scam. It really isn't a scam, but what it is, it's truly a play a way to What Consumer Credit Counseling did was help people. But they have and it's a nonprofit agency, but it's you know, the original one. What it did was it helped people. They did this service to keep people from going bankrupt, and they were actually supported by the credit card industry because the credit card industry felt, if we can keep people from going bankrupt, it would be better, you know, so they supported them. It's there is a Consumer Credit Counseling Foundation, but I don't know if it's the same one, and I hate Then there's consumer credit dot com. I got to figure out which one is the legit one or you can look it up because some of them are not legit. They charge monthly fees and they're full of crap. But the ones that are legit are actually supported by the credit card companies, believe it or not. I think what you need to do, what you need to do is there's no magic here. I mean as far as counseling, what do you mean by counseling? This is what I don't understand, Like how not to spend money.
Speaker 23: Well basically, uh, basically just rudimental really setting up a budget for starters, okay, and then helping them with what to spend money on where, you know, just really we need I know what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, things that school don't teach that every that every person needs, right the schools. You know what's here's what's funny. Schools don't teach budgeting, real life, insurance, buying a car. They don't teach nutrition. I mean, I swear to you they come out of school dumber than they went in. But but I don't know any I really don't know any services I'm looking and I wish I did, I really do.
Speaker 25: I have a suggestion for Susan. Yes, Bo, Susan, your your kids should take a WRAPO community college in expense that they do have a class on budgeting and personal fund do they?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my daughter's going there, And what a great idea.
Speaker 25: And then you don't have to pay a monthly fee and get some college credit.
Speaker 4: And I think that would be perfect. Wow, that's not a bad you know, a rap community college. I hear so many good things about them.
Speaker 19: Yeah, they're very good.
Speaker 4: I heard a lot.
Speaker 23: I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can try.
Speaker 23: They're talking about a very low level kind of all right, this is what you've done. We need to get you out of this, don't do it again kind of thing.
Speaker 4: You know what I need to do, I swear if ever I, if ever I start slowing down in life, I need to put together a course for kids. I'm serious, where where kids come voluntarily and we can put together a two week course or something for kids because it is so critical. Our our education system sucks. I mean anyway, thanks for calling and try that and let us know how that a rap hole community college stuff goes three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I want to sneak this in real quick here, Monique, what's going on with the HOA? Maybe we can get a deputy working on this. What's going on?
Speaker 14: Monique, tom thanks for taking my call. I am trying to find my ZN so try to make as quick as I can for you. But Monday evening we get home off to work and we notice that our three foot one hundred and twenty pound ish Buddhist statue is gone. It's missing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So and we had been robbed April twenty third of a much smaller Buddhist statue in the same spot. So of course it's now Friday evening.
Speaker 21: Is this is this?
Speaker 4: Like? Is this an expensive statue?
Speaker 14: Probably about between five six hundred dollars? Oh, okay, and it's in an apartment conflex.
Speaker 4: Wait, so where was this statue inside your apartment?
Speaker 14: No? Outside the front door. So everyone has like pop plants.
Speaker 4: Little chain Oh, I get it. I get it. So they like have planters and stuff. Was this allowed, this Buddhist statue? Do you know?
Speaker 14: So we have a whole two pages of bylaws. We rent the property from our landlord and don't have access to the portal. So I looked through the bilaws and all states on the bylaws is you can have something that cannot be bigger than a post plant. So it's anything that cannot be bigger than a poset plant. But there's no size specifications at all.
Speaker 4: Do you do you think the Hua took it?
Speaker 14: I know the Hia took it after my investigation.
Speaker 4: Do you think they did it clandestinely or they took it because you were violating the rules openly? In other words, do they admit they took it?
Speaker 14: They admit they took it off after really having to pound them. So one of our neighbors kind of indicated he thought that they took it, and so I called And the property management company is called Hammersmith. So I called them and I was like, what's going on? Of course they never owned the phone.
Speaker 4: So right now, though they admitted it, they admitted it.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. Hold on a second.
Speaker 4: I wonder if we have any any I wonder if they violated any laws. I'm not talking about THEFT. I want to talk about freedom of expression or anything like that. Hold on, we'll come right back. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We handle a lot of different stuff in this place, man, but I gotta talk. I'm gonna go right back to that. I just want to say something. Brook Brook is with redrocks. We got we gotta touch on this saving ten percent now. I got this notice from Excel Energy saying you can save ten percent right now on your bill and Excel will remain your electricity provider. There will be noses rocks. Nothing has to be hooked up to your house. Period. You simply lease sign up for this program. And the way I read it, when I sign up for this program, I become a virtual member of a solar farm. Yep, even though that solar farm is not producing directly for me.
Speaker 7: That's correct.
Speaker 4: It's offsetting my electric bill.
Speaker 7: It's not offsetting your electric bill.
Speaker 6: They're just giving you a ten percent disco as being part of that program.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. Why would they give me a ten percent discount for being part of someone else's solar farm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the federal government is incentivizing the utility companies to push folks to solar want more solar, right, and so Excel is required to have so many folks sign up for this program. It also prevents folks from adding solar to their own house, so they're not losing as much in come if you do this solar field program.
Speaker 4: So they'd rather you take a ten percent discount.
Speaker 5: Than save tons more exactly. No, here's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: Is Excel making the solar fields or are these independent solar fields.
Speaker 6: They're tied to excels grid, so I don't know the ownership. Typically utilities don't own the solar field because they want somebody else to own it to pay for the maintenance.
Speaker 4: It all right, So they do solar fields and then Excel accepts them or approves them, and then they sell share They don't sell shares, but they a lot.
Speaker 5: So theoretically, can one solar field.
Speaker 4: Give discounts to more people that would normally be served by that field? Or is there a limit to how many customers can be You know what I'm saying by that, Like they're telling me I can be part of this particular field. How many people can be part of each particular field?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 6: You know it's going to be dependent on how big that solar field is, where it's located, the asthmuth of the array, all of those details.
Speaker 7: Which I won't have access to neither will you.
Speaker 6: Even if you called Excel to ask them questions on that, they wouldn't know which one they're talking about setting you up with.
Speaker 4: You know, it reminds me almost in the old days, and they still do it for developing what's called water rights. Water rights were offsetting, in other words, in order to build it. When I did a development somewhere, even though I was in this part of the country, if I wanted to put in a well, or people that live there put in wells, or I wanted to put in a water system, and I wasn't tied to a municipal water system, I had to buy water rights. Theoretically, a water right is not really taking the water. It's just saying that I'm buying the rights out of this aqua for in order to be able to do a well over here. The water was not actually transported to me, but it was allotted for to keep people because there's only so many water rights, so it kept people from overdrilling it.
Speaker 5: I know this might sound like a bad analogy, but it's not.
Speaker 4: It's almost like saying, if we put in enough solar energy over here, we can theoretically allot it to you, yep. Okay, even though even though it's not going directly to your house, it's going into the grid, and by giving you a ten percent discount, we're allotting some of that to you, yep.
Speaker 6: And then they get to put you on a tally for their filings to the federal government or whomever, to say we have these many people sign up minds, and then they can get so anyone.
Speaker 4: Can sign up and get a ten percent discount if if there's a solar field around, right or do they have enough solar fields for everyone every one of their customers, do you know? So that's the goal. Problemly, Excels in.
Speaker 6: A couple of different states, so I don't know if they're working on this program just in Colorado, because each utility has to follow the state regulations.
Speaker 7: In federal Colorado is the strictest.
Speaker 6: One or the one that's pushing for the most renewable So I would assume that Colorado's folks are the only ones that have access to that in Excels territory right now.
Speaker 4: Wow, people, I urge you to sign up for it. I'm going to There's no downside, Monique. So listen, Monique, you're hoa removed basically your Buddhist statue from out in front of your apartment. Okay, Now here's what I've read and looked at. They can they if they can't single out the Buddha or even you know, maybe a statue of Christ or any other religious figure, but they can forbid or outlaw however you want to put it, prohibit all statues. Does that make sense?
Speaker 14: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 14: And that totally makes sense.
Speaker 4: So did you look around? Did you look around to see if there are other statues out there that have not been removed?
Speaker 14: They aren't, to my knowledge, any statues, but there's different kinds of churchgooes and chairs and things. But I also know it wasn't a violation because the assistant manager at Hammersmith, Brianna, called me and we had a lengthy conversation which I actually recorded, where she stated we were not in any violation. No violation has been issued. It was simply a warning that was posted on the portal, and so I went to our landlord. I said, please check the portal and see what they're talking about. And she came back and said, oh, yes, there was a message posted at six forty five pm on Friday that in three days it would be removed. And by Monday morning we see most morning we were at work it was gone. But that was the extent of their notification. And Brianna said, there was no violation in it, but.
Speaker 4: Hold on, what was the warning though, I still don't understand the warning. What was the warning?
Speaker 14: There was a photo taken and this was only off This information came to me after we thought we had been loved. On the portal there was a photograph taken off the buddha saying we don't know who's this who this Buddha belongs to? Picture taken at our front door and if it's not claimed within three days, we will be removing it.
Speaker 4: Okay, but wait, wait, what if you did hold on? What if you did claim it? Would they let you keep it outside?
Speaker 14: I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what we have to find out, Monique.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but also but we have to know.
Speaker 4: Though, that's what we have to find out totally. I'm going to give this here's what I want to know, Here's what I want to know specifically. I want to know what is allowed outside the rules are vague, and can they show us in writing what is allowed and what's not allowed? Monique, I'm just going to ask you straight up, are you suspecting it was removed because it is a statue of Buddha.
Speaker 14: I can't speak to the motivation. All I can speak to is once we claim the property, does Adriana Roberts, project manager, who I have been going back and forth for days, first of all, wouldn't tell me where our property was. She made it seem like it was gone in a storage locker that Hammersmith has in jail. Eventually she told me it was at our in our property, locked up. And today when I bumped into an hoa board member who I kind of just I didn't really know she was a board member, she kind of outed herself. She find me release the Buddha that they had locked away in the boiler room.
Speaker 4: Now may I ask about this? Are this is for you a religious expression? Right?
Speaker 14: You know it's I don't want.
Speaker 4: To well, but there's a reason. There's a reason I'm asking because it has to do specifically with the law. Okay, For example, would it be similar. Would it be similar to let's say a Catholic having or a Catholic having a statue of the blessed Virgin Mary or something? Would it be kind of like, ok yes, okay, we need to call over there and find out their rules and how they're applying them and if you can put it back out there. Let's not speculate right now. I want to know. Hold On and Deputy Bow the great idea. Let's just ask him three oh three seven one three A two five go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Argosino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Listen when redrocks isn't here. They're at redrocksars dot com. Three oh three seven zero four two four four nine. We're not done with them. I just wanted to let you know that seven zero four two four four nine. And we're going to talk about getting finance and possibilities of investments. If for commercial systems. They we talked about this before. You can buy tax credits from those who can't use them, and that seems like the slam dunk depending on the spread. For example, let's say you know you're gonna pay one hundred thousand taxes this year, so if you bought one hundred thousand dollars in tax credits and you paid eighty grand for them, you're gonna save twenty grand. That seems pretty logical. Right. We'll talk about some of that right now. Dane, you want to talk about your twenty sixteen Super outback. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, my mom came out for a visit after my dad died and we went to the dealership day before my birthday on the twenty ninth of June, and she bought me this car outright, and okay.
Speaker 4: And what's the problem with the car, Well, we didn't find that out for quite a while, for about three weeks, but I had to take it back for a week. Now, did you I hate asking this, but I ask it every time. Did you guys get the car checked before you bought it?
Speaker 10: We did not, independently, but they told us swore up and down. The salesman said that it was gone through head to toe obviously not ended up being about four weeks after I got it, there was an oil light on. We stopped and checked it immediately and no oil registered on the dipstick.
Speaker 4: Well, did you guys, did you guys check it during that four weeks? Check the oil? No?
Speaker 10: Everything was fine.
Speaker 4: I understand, But in other words, you never checked the oil because normally you you regularly how many miles on this car?
Speaker 10: One and eight to begin on?
Speaker 4: Normally with one hundred, especially with that much, normally you would check it. You know what I'm saying, You would like when you fill up for gas, you check your oil. Now, I'm going to be honest with you. iHeart do it because I have the gauges inside to look at, and it's a newer car, but I think with an older car it's almost ten years old. And then it's also well it's eight years old, and then you have that many miles, you would probably how many minds you said about one hundred and twenty right or whatever? One hundred and thirty yeah, right, Yeah, So I don't know, man, I would, I would make sure I had checked it, but you found four weeks later no oil. Tell me is the engine toast right now? No?
Speaker 10: But I just had a call that they had fixed it. There's so much that happened in between them, and I never got a straight answer. And then at one point they came on and said that no, it's not fixable. Let's get you in a different car. So we go in and meet with the same salesman.
Speaker 4: Anything, Hold on, you didn't do that, did you? Did you get into a new car? No?
Speaker 10: He wanted six thousand more dollars, but was only giving me thirteen thousand towards.
Speaker 4: I need to know this particular car. Let's talk about it. What's wrong with it? What's wrong with it?
Speaker 10: It turned out to be that kim kit carrier seals were leaking into the engine cover underneath.
Speaker 4: Okay, and what did they say? Hold on? What did they say that would take to fix?
Speaker 10: They wanted me to pay fourteen after three weeks of owning it, and they had it for one of those weeks, and I know that unacceptable.
Speaker 4: Well, she came back, did you take it somewhere else, Dane? Did you take it anywhere else to check?
Speaker 10: No, they've had it since then.
Speaker 4: Okay, I had, Dane. I'm gonna get Let me give you some cold hard facts. Unless they lied to you or cheated you, and I know you think they did, but I'm talking about fraudulently to where you can prove it. It's going to be difficult, really difficult to claim they owe you anything on an as is car. Now I get you four weeks later. You know you found no oil? You said, right right, and.
Speaker 10: You have do your warranty on their use vehicles.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, it is covered. Wait a minute. Do you you bought that with a warranty?
Speaker 10: All of Shuburger's used cars?
Speaker 4: Now, where is schu Burger? Where are they located? Shu Burger? Okay, so they have a two year warranty. So did they tell you this is covered?
Speaker 10: He mentioned it when we first bought the car. Briefly after this happened, and he had us come into I'm thinking they're just going to trade me out to this newer car when during newer but no, he said that it wasn't covered and I asked him why and he said, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I said, well, well, where can I find out about you? How are you spelling Huburger's h e U B h oh? Hold on h h e U B. I got it b e R g e R super up. I found it in Colorado Springs, right, yeah, I found it. They have really they have really really good ratings.
Speaker 10: I know that, but I've definitely have a new GM recent.
Speaker 4: Oh man, let's you know what, I think we should call them. I really think we should have somebody check this out. Hey, Doc, is he there?
Speaker 18: Hey?
Speaker 4: Doc, this looks like a pretty good dealership. I'm not saying that they didn't do anything wrong, but if they have a warranty, I don't know if they have a warranty or not. I mean, you didn't get a written warranty of any kind. You didn't get the car checked out, Dane. You got weak footing here. We're not going to tell them that, but it's gonna be weird. We gotta we got to try to get you some help. I mean, I have called the Advocacy Center now we're here's what's that the advocacy center.
Speaker 10: I couldn't really answer that.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that is. We are an advocacy center, I mean, you know, in other words, and well, what I mean is this.
Speaker 5: Anybody can call themselves an advocate.
Speaker 4: I just don't want you getting hooked on somebody that they didn't want anything from you, did they No? Okay, okay, good, we will talk to you off the air, And here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna examine the warranty thing and also just talk to them to see if they can do anything about you. They have really good ratings. I don't think we're dealing with a shlock business. And they might be, they might do something. They it just strikes me as a just from what I'm seeing here, they doc they strike me as a pretty good place, you know.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'll talk to Dan, I'll talk to the company, find out what's going on, and hopefully have a report for you by tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Dane, what did your mom pay for this?
Speaker 10: Fifteen eight hundred? And they were only going to give me thirteen towards a new vehicle, a different vehicle and ordered that money though, And he said I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, well, Dane listen, Dane, listen, you are going to be responsible for something. I mean, I don't know what you just yet. Let's just figure this one out. I just want to know how that went bad so fast? We got more coming right up. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Very interesting day. Let's finish up with birdvoxrs dot com, Redroxsmoof and Solar. All right, I'm gonna go to a white shot here. Okay, so Brooke on the on the solar system we're doing here, If we do a complete solar system at home. What is the total tax credit you can get for a residential system? Is it forty or thirty percent?
Speaker 6: It depends on what's tied to that house. But if it's just a normal residential and no small business tied to it, right now, thirty percent is guaranteed. They're considering the additional ten percent as a domestic or buy American to be for residential.
Speaker 4: Two, but right now it's just for commercial.
Speaker 7: It was for both and then they took it back, so it don't sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so right now tax credits for a business system, a commercial system yep. And then two if the products are sourced in the US yep, which yours are. Okay, could I theoretically I'm not saying I would do this, but I'm asking people because everyone's thinking this. So I have this studio here at this house. So if I put a solar system here, is it considered commercial or residential as long as.
Speaker 6: The installation agreement is signed by the business. As far as tax purposes go, it's tied to the business.
Speaker 4: Okay. So you can have like farms and stuff like that, do commercial systems?
Speaker 6: Yeah, tax considered commercial is different than actual and you do.
Speaker 4: Have people selling tax credits right now, if people contacted you, yep, all right, that's redrocksars dot com.
Speaker 5: And don't forget three oh three Martino