Speaker 1: You get a double stack of stuff today because we had a bunch of stuff I really wanted to get to yesterday, and then some stuff I saw yesterday to get to today, and they're all gonna PB and J up for a nice new sandwich. I want to start with something I was just reading, which is it's really it's just crazy if you think about it. So Barry Weiss wrote, wrote an article yesterday, and I'm just I'm just gonna I'm gonna read you one paragraph. It's the only paragraph that matters. You can go look it up. And you're probably aware of this, even if it's passively, but maybe you're not all right. So here here is the paragraph. So tumultuous was the first week of Donald Trump's second term, by the way I see. Then people are getting mad at Weiss because they think she's insulting Trump using the word. You should look up what tumultuous means. It was tumultuous, arguably by design, by Trump design. And then of course you have the media, you know, hissing and spitting venoms, so it adds to the tumultuous nature of it. So he had just used the word twice. Yes, you get a grammar lesson at six oh eight. So tumultuous was the first week of Donald Trump's second term that people have barely noticed A week one that last Tuesday, so one week ago from today. He repealed affirmative action via executive order. Now, I want you to I want you to flip your brain to twenty sixteen. Okay, twenty sixteen. Trump came in. It was clear that he had a bunch of stuff he wanted to do that Obviously, the left was losing their crap over Yeah, so they they slow rolled it kind of won. But yeah, he had some executive orders, but he really wasn't on par with what he just did obviously and what Biden then did. And they started going issue by issue, and it became very clear that if you feed you know in the movies where it's like there's the guy, there's the hero or whatever, and for whatever reason, there'll be like twenty ninjas around him, how do the ninjas attack or how do the bad guy, you know, the good guy he's in the bar and he's surrounded by twenty people, how do they choose to fight that guy? Every time without fail, they won by one of them. That looks great in the movies, Jackie Chan can do his stuff and you know, your good guy stays the winner. But in reality, if there's ten of you and you want to kill a guy, you know, you gotta be a little careful for crossfire or whatever. But you're all going at him, okay. And that's what Trump was doing. He decided or what they decided to do with his administration. And in this series, they're the group attacking these things and they decided to go one by one. And if you can, if you can and sit there and think about had one of like an issue week one repeal affirmative action, what do you think that would have looked like between the Democrats, between the never Trumpers, between the left, between the activist groups, the universities. Obviously, because a lot of this has to do with that, they would have lost their minds. This would be the only story. And I don't know if he'd be successful because he also had people around who would kind of undermine some of these things. Well it's only kind of repealed, but not really. No, he really did it, and you really didn't see it come up in the news cycle. Did you maybe if he read a list, you know, there was a couple sites that had lists of all the things, all the eos, so you could go any click and learn about him. But when it came time to select which story we're going to be at the forefront of the news, this isn't what they were screaming about. You didn't turn on CNN and they had affirmative action panels. I'm sure it got mentioned because you have a bunch of race baters over there, as I'll prove to you. That being said, you also didn't hear about it from the Democrats. See, this is the this is the deeper news analysis here. That's even stranger because this was such this was a golden calf for them. Man was this was a way they thought to go ahead and essentially buy votes within a community, regardless of the efficacy of it, and regardless of the fact that it also made people feel who did earn their spot, who happened to be a minority, that people would look at them and not assume they earned it. So why would Democrats not go into full hysteria mode over this? Because they realized this is a losing issue for them. It's part of the larger losing issue. All the DEI stuff affirmative action is clearly a plank of DEI, and so they saw an opportunity. This is my opinion, but I would venture to I would listen to any of you explaining to me why I'm wrong, because there's no other scenario I can think of. The reason Democrats didn't go into full meltdown moad over this. They're one of their golden you know, top tier priorities, is because somebody's calculating the numbers, and they realized that the DEI component an affirmative action largely is now a net negative to them, which proves they didn't care about it in the first place. In the same way California, who, I don't know if you could find a group of lawmakers who are more all in on the climate change yet did nothing to mitigate it. If you honestly believe that, then you should be mitigating all day every day. There's a lot of truths that emerge, and the truth is is the Democrats realized now is a time where they can let stuff like this that will eventually end up in the news and rekindle some of the DEI stuff, but is hurting them in elections to go away. And if anybody ever goes I can't believe it went away. They can point over the like, yeah, evil Republicans did it. We couldn't do anything, And you know, you're not really at that point going to be able to go back and figure out if they even attempted to do anything. You can Google for it, you know how they google memory hold stories. It happens all the time where I'm like, didn't we have a story about four years ago? If it was a story that made the Left look bad, I would go on Google and I'd have a hell of a time finding it. But if I go to other you know, other search engines, I could find it, and most people use Google and even subconsciously, I guess you know how it works. So yeah, yeah, that's a really good point. But it's an even better point when you think it out. Why didn't they say anything because it's a loser for them, which shows you it was all politics it always is. They never believe this, and also they didn't care the damage that was getting done by it. It's evil, it's not as evil as what they did with poor immigrants. That's the most evil. It's the most evil thing that Democrats have done since slavery, okay, And if you don't know my full it goes like this. And admittedly I had to travel. I had to go to places like Columbia, which I don't know that I'm gonna be able to go back. I wanted to go back to glat to pay or so I don't know that I could right now. They're a little uh ruh down there, which we'll we'll touch on, but you know, I went down there, and I've been to I've been to probably half of Central America and most of North South America. And they they literally run ads. I've mentioned this. They run ads and like you know those free newspapers, the shopper papers, those are popular down there, Lamoticia, which is just the new or the news basically.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 1: And they run ads for transit services, escort services, not those kinds of escorts, but escorting people. Unfortunately, though sometimes it turns into the other kind, I guess, but and the like some of them had Joe Biden's face on them, and had you had criminal organizations that were praying on people who are uneducated, really really poor. But regardless of your educational or financial status, the unifying thing in most people is they want opportunity for them and their family, and they don't even need a lot of it, but they need enough to survive. And that's before you get into the political stuff going on in some of these countries where you basically had nik Rodwood basically as a dictator. Okay, Honduras ain't much better. You go to Roatan if you're a tourist, you don't go to the mainland, or you end up like the owners of that bar and Raleigh sitting in a prison in Honduras because the guards cut apart at one of those fake Arizona I is tea safe cans, you know that looks like a drink, but it's where you hide your money, And because it had insulation in it, they assumed it must be cocaine and they kept her in a prison down there for a couple weeks. That was a big story back in the day. So you run ads and you tell people you're like, no, no, no, this is your window right now. Yeah, no, if you go up there, and then they see video of this stuff, because it became the policy of the party, and even though they would under explain the complexities of it, they saw enough evidence that they took everything that they owned, they beg borrow and stole, and if that wasn't enough, they also agreed to things which are horrendous and if not paid, could be deadly to criminal organizations, things like when I get there, I will prostitute myself. That's how you end up with what you saw on the Southern border with that chick they just busted. It was running a sex prison thing, and they said, here you go, mister cartel or criminal organization or just all around bad guy, here's everything that I have. Because you were convinced by what you were seeing on the news of people who look like you and sound like you sitting in midtown Manhattan, hanging out in a hotel, hanging out on the streets getting all the groceries man, and you looked at your lean to your living in with no heating, no air conditioning, no floor in some cases, and you went, it has to be better than this. You gave them all your money, and then you got to know Gallas and you found out you weren't going to get in. That's why I said it's okay to be sympathetic with some of this stuff, because now you're there, you have no money, and you may even owe because they've quote unquote rendered their service and their criminals. You may owe whatever you agreed to. That's the most evil thing they've done since slavery, because it's clear when it's deincentivized to do that. Did you see the guys from Columbia who were going to walk back into Mexico and the dudes like, don't go over there, migra, migra. It's talking about immigration, don't go and just's and that video gets back as well. So if you think that policy and politics here in the US didn't contribute to that, and now you have people that went through everything that I just told you who were standing, you know, a half mile outside of our borders, destitute and they don't know what to do. That's where we are. And it also explains why countries like Honduras, whose president is now decided is the latest leader who wants to get into a tiff with Trump. It also is why they don't want those folks back because they are not a net positive from a financial standpoint, even with the slim quote unquote safety nets they have, the you know, their universal health programs, they're caa hostile programs which you're better off going into the woods finding a leaf to rub on you man, and now this with the affirmative action. Believe in something, man or nothing at all, I believe is the phrase, because this, this would have been your pet project eight years ago and now you couldn't care less six twenty hang on why like because this is one of the one you're in the marble side and two I don't know, there's been a lot of hatred for any of the Captain America movies. I told you I thought the one was too busy, but that was it. So Anthony Mackie is the actor's name. I believe he is. You know, if you saw if you've seen the trailer, obviously they were running it during the during the football and everything. If you look at it, he is now Captain America but with wings and all of that stuff. All right, And we've talked about this on the air. Ross is in the camp that Steve Rogers is Captain America. Okay, So there there will be people who are in that camp are not going to be excited because it is a transition to the character. It's not a swap per se right, where they just pretend that that's Steve Rogers.
Speaker 3: Now right, it's understand this cannon, I just don't like it, so yeah, I'm going to pass on it.
Speaker 1: That's fine, yeah all right. So uh so at that point you have that, you also have the death to Jews crowd, who's mad because one of the characters is an IDF soldier and is not immediately murdered or something. I don't know, but that should be the only stuff working against you, because for the most part, Captain America movies have have been at least popcorn entertainment kind of you know, they've done really well. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So why so he's at a comic con and he said, what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna get the audio for Steven on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we'll talk about it then. So no, rush, let's just let's just yeah.
Speaker 3: So he's got like some sort of press junk it and he said, you know, in his in his opinion, Captain America doesn't really represent America.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, what's the name of the character Captain America? Oh, I see, I see, I am part of a veteran, do we know in the movie, Yes, I mean just Captain America, the character he is. Oh well, okayd he was he just was he a peacetime veteran not to I'm not trying to draw divisions here. Or did he get did he gets shot at a few times? Okay? Was it like a big enemy or do we know?
Speaker 3: I'm not seeing this piece of crap movie. There's no way.
Speaker 1: What do you talk? Why? Why? Why the unforced air there?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm an old fogie here like this crowd is captain at sake to Miles Morales is Miles Morales crowd, and it's I just can't, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Got it? Those are the fun nerd fights on this, Yeah, right, nobody's They're just like, this isn't for me.
Speaker 3: And if you disagree, it's fine. Yes, I'm just not going to see it because I'm old. Get off.
Speaker 1: I was on the here's where I was. I would have seen it. I don't know. I wouldn't go to a theater to see it, but as soon as it popped up it probably would have got me to do like the month of Disney plus or whatever or where maybe it went somewhere else first. I don't know, but I probably would have seen it just because every other not every other movie, Like I remember I mentioned I want to go to the movies last week, and at this theater, it's got like nine million screens. I couldn't find a single movie I wanted to see that, A single one I would have. I would rather sit in my hotel room when I was because I was over in Greensboro broadcasting. Probably sit in my hotel room, then go because I had that afternoon free, then go pay. You know, I wasn't gonna break me just for that entertainment because it was so bad, so I would I would have probably seen this in some capacity. And now if the only way I'll see it now is if it's on in a room I walk in, and it would be rude to turn it off. I don't understand these cats, man. That's why you got to make your own fun. That's why you gotta go to like bourbon tastings and stuff. See that won't let you down. And it didn't. Like I said, we had, we had two hundred and twenty people ticket to show up there. I want to share just a couple of things. I met some listeners, obviously a couple couple, a couple of you. I knew you've come to other events, but a lot of new faces there love that I ended up. I really wasn't supposed to MC, but it kind of worked out with the way that it was going on, and I just I want to There was one person, all right, it's gonna get dusty in this room. Okay, I'm just warning you. It's gonna get dusty. But there's a couple things that happen when you do this job. One, the amount of people who sing the iHeartRadio theme to me at gas stations if I'm wearing any logos or I'm driving on the station vehicles is wild. In the Triad. I don't know why. In the Tryad they do it so much. Pop into his sheets, ladies checking me out, and I had to we have a pullover jacket because you know, it's a billion degrees blow zero last week, and she's just like, I Heart Radio. Like that's one thing. But the other thing is people share stuff with you, sometimes to the point of uncomfortability. You all need some filters, but sometimes they share stuff with you, and you kind of you realize that you're going to be part of that, and so you have a responsibility. Like I joke about everything, but you can't joke about everything. And this very nice woman was at the event, and the manager of the hotel said, hey, she she'd He gave me a little rundown of what they had been talking about because she's seated next to one of the managers there. You know, it's a standard ballroom set up with the you know, the tables. Everybody grab a seat, a couple reserved at the front for the people speaking. And I didn't ask her if i'd use her name, so I won't. And here's what had happened. So her husband loved these things, love the bourbon tastings, the you know, those kinds of events, and so when he heard the tickets were available, he's like, honey, we're going, and so he bought tickets and then he died. And she made the decision because this was one of, you know, one of their favorite things to do, to go to things, not necessarily the bourbon tasting component, but just you know, do fun little stuff. They were getting to that age, you know, the kids are out of the house, you're doing the thing, go out and have some fun. And he unexpectedly passed away. And he loved cars and motorcycles, and so did she, and we talked about it for you know, four or five minutes, just because I kept having to go up and host and and so we got to toast her husband at this thing. And it was really dusty in that room too. Just a lot of amazing people down there. And again the the folks who hosted us the hotel is I mean, that is really impressive. And you know, and I will say this, they gave me. They did give me a little room upgrade. But they but the pictures and I posted them on the Twitter. If you scroll back through Friday, that's the shot from the balcony of the room looking out over the water there looking out over the tiki bar. They have like a floating tiki bar which was covered in snow, which was kind of kind of funny actually because it's a tiki bar, it should be covered in snow. And just big wrap round patio. They have the guy who owns the hotel, which, by the way, I found out he's from Wyoming. He's the only like like five of us, five of us that I've ever met in North Carolina. For Wyoming. He has he bought one of those old wood in like let's say it's a fairy it's a tax like a water taxi but it's all the polished wood and it sits in front. I mean, it's just what a great place. And thank you to everyone who came out for them, because if you, I know, I had a great time, and yes, spirits were consumed, and they had really good spirits. I think I posted a picture of one of them there. It's this. It's a new brand. It's like a a mom and pop startup called Wilderness and it's a heavy Rye and I like ryeber. I like Rye whiskeys too, especially if I'm gonna mix something, you know, bourbons rye whiskies, but to get more of a bourbony taste with more Rye in it. I really enjoyed that. So that's also what that stuff's about. So you know, find a new stuff, getting with folks, trying to get sure if you ever do the whiskey booklets or you got to taste all of them, get a stamped. They're really into that. And they had some dudes who had completed like the big book there, which is not easy. So they're getting their challenge coins and some stuff with that. It's just it's a good it's its own little culture too, and so I really appreciate, because I've got to tell you, with all that snow that came through, I was really nervous that we were going to be able to fill that room. And I think they said they probably could do. They can expand one side of it, and they think they can maybe get twenty five more in there. But this thing's already brimming at peak, and they think if there wouldn't have been snow, it probably would have. So again, thank you didn't see Boston Paul down there though, missed out on a good time or Boston Paul did? Yeah, go ahead, Boston Paul. Yeah, you're on the air.
Speaker 4: Brother, Well it took you two days to recover from one night of drinking. No, are you kidding me? Getting old man?
Speaker 1: Dude. Yeah, there was a litany of both technical and travel and also dude, it.
Speaker 4: Was Hey, I can't believe how many people are so infatuated over the snow on the beach. I mean, I grew up with it. There's nothing, there's not what's the big deal?
Speaker 1: Oh really, you're going to pull the New Yorker Wow back where I was. Do you want to do that? I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna refer you to the new committee chair who gets to vet everyone who moves into North Carolina. I found a dude.
Speaker 4: One other thing, did you see Milania out there in California?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: This does she not look like the professional Secret Service agent protecting the president?
Speaker 2: All what?
Speaker 1: She got an edge time around. Look, she had an edge on the inaguration with that hat. She's got an edge around. I wouldn't mess with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you see do you think she had double RUSI's under there on a swing?
Speaker 1: Is that would that be allowed? I suppose it would be allowed, right, of course it would be.
Speaker 4: She's the first lady. She can do whatever she wants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's not the president.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, so he you know, he needs protection, so she took over. She's top dog.
Speaker 1: Well again she she I don't want to stay scary because people will misconstrue that. But she's got an edge to her this time around. And you know what, that's because the moonbats radicalized this woman. She Remember, she was content to do nothing, and then the first time she did something, she decorated the White House and it looked amazing, right, it was, you know, it looked amazing. And they're just like oh my gosh, she's destroyed it. And then you remember that weird Broadway dance number the Bidens did the first year and everybody's like, this is amazing and it looked like garbage, like that's where it started. And then they're digging through a panty drawer and and it's all in man, so, oh yeah, it is on. I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: So I can't wait for the Vogue and all of them asks to be for her to be on their cover, and she says no.
Speaker 1: I hope she does or she doesn't. And then she wears a dress with some hidden meaning that they only explained after they printed, where she's making fun of whin tour or whoever the publisher is. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: I was not.
Speaker 4: She looked like the top ducks. He could serve agents this week, all.
Speaker 1: Right, boss to Paul, have a good one. Stand back between the lanes. All right, thank you, there you go. Good advice for everybody. All right, So I mentioned the ambassador. This dude, this is This video is hilarious for a couple of reasons. One, obviously, the dude's delivery, but that's how he talks, that's his delivery. And then somebody in the comments wrote, the auto captions have to be absolutely and so I turned them on because i't usually have them on Twitter, and they're not wrong. Trying to figure out, you know, automatically what this dude's saying, but he very succinctly puts into words what many people have sent an email or commented on over the years. When you know, people like Boston Paul are like Dah beachnow Man, except Boston Paul's joking. Most people aren't. So we'll share that with you coming up here on the cacoday radio program Body positive influencer, fat influencer. I've heard them refer to like that chick who harasses the airlines decided to go ahead and order herself a lift, a standard lift. So you know how it works. You got all these different choices depending on where you are. There's even more choices, like if you're in a big, big city, like if you go to DC or New York, it's like fifty different variations of this stuff. But the standard ones, if you go to a Lyft or Uber, they're basically the same. Right you have economy or the regular you have. Sometimes you can get like upgrade a slight like a premium car, but not a black because blacks where you get into the real you know, limo feel to it or big suv feel to it. And then you have Uber XL. Right, so if you're going to the airport it's a family of four with luggage, you want to order an XCEL or if you're like me and they have the more leg room, I can't reme with the cly. I suppose you just open Uber on my phone. Here, what that class is, I'll tend to lean into that. Yeah, here we go. Yeah, they have Uber x is the regular. They have Uber XL. I'm just looking at the different choices here, Uber XL. They don't have oh that comfort. Yeah, that's what they call it here. It is comfort, and actually it's my default because the last one I use was comfort, and I like it because you get more leg room. And you know, if you're like me and you're six foot are over, I'll pay the extra dollar and a half or whatever it is if it's if it's the amount of right there, and then you got black. They have Uber pets is a category I don't know. Is that that must be? I hadn't seen that. So those are people like you and your dog got to go to the vet. You don't have a car, and you're gonna do the uber thing. Great, all right, you got decisions, and you use those decisions responsibly. So this woman orders the standard small car and then she shows up two or the guy shows up. She's filming, right, she's got the phone. It looks like she's holding the phone in her hand at waste level. And ironically you never see her. You just see this kind of upward angle through the window and partially you see the face of the of the woman and she is she's mad because the driver says, no, I'm sorry, I can't ma'am. And again what he should have said is there's I don't know how you're gonna get a seatbelt, and at that point he's got it out. All right, there do this just so yeah, just so you know here, all right, I'm gonna send this woman's photo to Ross. He has not seen it on its way to your phone. Might take a little extra time. It's a big I'm sure it's digitally big. They fired him, he he he, and they I think they got mad him for suggesting that she should have called an excel. She's like and he's driving one of the small he's only one of the very smallest older Mercedes, you know, like entry level Mercedes. The back seats on those things are really tiny.
Speaker 3: Like, so this guy drives up and she's standing there. What is he supposed to do because.
Speaker 1: You're seeing a photo and I'm gonna retweet the tweet with her photo in it, So like if you.
Speaker 3: Can't fit in the car, what is he supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, well, she claims in the thing, I didn't send it to you because we got enough audio. But she claims in the thing, I just reposted the photo there at Casey on the radio. She claims that her friend has a Mercedes and she's able to fit in it. I I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The the Trump administration handled that North Carolina visit on Friday. In fact, Pete Kellner and I don't really text a lot because he has he has an Android, right, and so like as soon as I want to send him a picture or something halftime, it screws up. But him and I were actually chatting about it, and like there there were there there were a few of these things. But here's what I wrote him. I said, letting the people actually affected speak during the press conferences is masterclass. And here's the thing. I don't just that for Trump, but you have to do it right. So if if you're gonna bring up regular people, but those regular people are campaign workers, NGO folks or you know, activists, right, activists, If they're activists, they're not regular people. Democrats do this all the time. Republicans do it sometimes, and Democrats used to be better at not doing it all the time. And now it's like, let's bring up this woman and then you find you know, talk on immigration, right, Oh, it's very hard. And then you find out that she's worked for Larraza for ten years and and people see that stuff and they go, oh, well whatever. But so they go up there and they were smart enough to not just have Trump talk. Obviously, the fact that he's showing up and he's saying things like, well, I guess we're gonna bypass FEMA and directly give you guys the money. When all of a sudden, the Army of engineers is everywhere every I kept. I have so many posts on social media this weekend with pictures of army corps in there hoping to clean up. Remember, people are being told not to clean up their own waterways that may run through their property. So when they're told that and yet it doesn't nothing's happening, people are mad. So now you got the Army Corps in there, they're doing this stuff. Obviously they're going to do they have the equipment and access to you know, be able to do that rather quickly. But like people start feeling hopeful again. And then you put them on stage, the people who are not campaign workers, people who are not activists themselves, people who are just people. And let me tell you it's very very effective.
Speaker 6: I've been fighting with femas since day one. Our community there's like thirty two homes. We don't have a ride in a bridge or drive them our neighbor's property. You know. I went to EMS and I said, look, my concern is if we have a fire or we have an emergency out here, you'ren't going to get to us. You can't get those big trucks up here. And I've called and called and called FEMA, and you know, I said, it's this happened on September twenty seventh, that's four months ago. Well for us, today is still September twenty seventh. You know, we haven't had help. And so when I talked to FEMA, I'll explaining the road and the bridge, and they send me a letter that tells me to basically fix it and send in my receipts and they'll refund me some money. I'm only going to have a road and bridge that honestly, the bridge itself is probably going to be three hundred thousand dollars in the road could be close to that also, because we have to have the community has to have big boulders brought in. We're not a rich community. We can't fix it ourselves.
Speaker 5: You know. It's just.
Speaker 6: And as far as like house repairs, I'm still pending. I can't get money from FEMA until I fix the road and bridge and send in my proof that it's fixed and everything. It's just it's been a nightmare and I totally feel like that we have been forgotten. If it had not been for our fellow American citizens who stepped up to help us, I don't know what we would have done.
Speaker 1: I know that's a long cut, that's a minute, minute and a half of audio, but you hear all of the compounding problems, and it's these these weird catch twenty two's like where she said, I can't get there's no way we could get ems services or fire services back here. So I call FEMA, and FEMA says, we got to fix you. Gotta fix the road first and then we'll certify something something will reimburse you for it. But she can't get trucks in to fix the road, let alone carry the cost of something like that, and so she's just she's in a doom loop at that point? What do you do? And people, I'm sure some did, but a lot of people are the verge of given up. They would have forcibly moved, sold their land for whatever they could get, which would probably be a pittance, and and just I'm not going to deal with this. I'm out. And I know some people go, oh, well, that's the plan, so they could buy the lithium. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about is just humans reaching their breaking point and this stuff and Trump can talk about it, but it's far more powerful for this woman to stand up there and do it. And the sad thing is I saw very few uses of those people's testimonies, Like it's like a church, they're testifying a church there. It's I saw very few uses of that with some of the more mainstream media, which is very unfortunate. Some of them did, and that's good and they should because people can relate to that something is broken. So if you are I don't know, let's say, hypothetically you're Josh Stein. Okay, not hypothetically, and they're going to stick a camera in your face on this issue when this when the president's here saying this stuff and people, the citizens out there are on the stage on video saying this stuff. Shut up or go hey, I'm just I'm so glad that we're here again. I gave Stein credit because his office did aid in the hotel thing, which never should have happened. But what are you doing here? Is Josh Stein doing a little quick interview literally while this is going on.
Speaker 7: Well, the President came here a couple of times, the FEMA director Factory who lived here.
Speaker 1: I know that those folks worked hard.
Speaker 7: That doesn't mean we can't be frustrated with some things that happened, because it never goes as quickly or as well as we wanted to. But it's all about what can we do today going forward. I've been governor for about three weeks now. This is my fifth trip to Western North Carolina. This is a top priority of mine. I want the western people Western Carolina Carolina to know they will not be forgotten.
Speaker 8: Do you have a message for you?
Speaker 1: Will here?
Speaker 7: They will not be forgotten. The people West North Carolina, you won't be forgotten. I've been here now five times since I was sworn in. This is the first destination of the president since he was sworn in. I think folks here should know they are a priority for both the federal and state government.
Speaker 1: So the FEMA director practically lived there, taught. Why didn't you talk about what was successful? Because I don't know what it is? And this isn't me ragging on all FEMA employees, it's not. Most of these issues are issues with the structure of the organization, the fact that it's a governmental organization. Yes, people, except that there's going to be certain things that are frustrating because it's a frustrating it's a disaster, right, nothing smooth.
Speaker 5: But what.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about, Governor? What did FEMA do well? And the fact that you couldn't point a single thing out other than the occupancy of a really nice hotel room, over in Cherokee by the FEMA director. Some of those rooms are very nice, you know, I know, pound sand on this stuff. What was the win? What was the wind where everybody got together as a community to stand in line for propane? Oh, they were bonding. That's good, okay. Or when they built that tiny home community was zero percent crime rate? That was carbon neutral at the Hickory Airport because nobody could live in them. Is that what you mean? Because I know you like the green stuff. How about remember the guys in the helicopter went and rescued half of a family, and then when they tried to go rescue the other half, they're like, nah, you can't do that. Well, you know what, you know, what's a loud to annoy and ross? You ever had a helicopter fly over you? That's noise and stuff. Not the black ones that follow us around, but like you know, the old school ones. Hurts your ears. Man, who wants that flying over where their house used to be and their tent is now nobody? And the fact that you had FEMA management out there who was trying to speed the process up, but the way they went about it is to skip homes with Trump signs according to that woman who was fired for it, So you must believe there's some veracity to it. And we saw the we saw the receipts helped me out here, but I want to be fair. So here's what we're going to do. A woman we've had on the show several times, obviously, this is her, this is her thing. She has been at the forefront of what's going on out there in western North Carolina, Cassie Clark. I wanted her to come on to talk about the FEMA wins and the Trump visit and Governor Governor Stein, Governor Barbecue as I called him. I think in the one tweet I can't side. I keep going back and forth with Governor short round short Stack. Somebody suggested or Barbecue because he loves taking pictures of him meeting barbecue. And it was funny as I was driving to and from Beaufort for that event. You go by, you go by Wilbur's there, right, you go by where you go and uh, you had the big sign there and it's you know, if you're if you're if there's a barbecue trail, which there is, Wilburs is upon it and Josh Stein love posting photos of him meeting at Wilbur's. Man, I'm not knocking on Wilbur's at all. I just want to be very clear. And then I wanted Wilburs. So what I was gonna say is I almost stopped, but I was on a little bit of a time crunch. So Wilburs should pay just Stein Marketing or advertise with us. You can send Ross and I free barbecue too. We will be okay. So yeah, well we'll chat with Cassie that's coming up at eight oh five. But let me move on to this I mentioned I saw this video of this guy who, honestly, I think I think he needs to be the North Carolina borders are. Man, do you want to come to North Carolina? You gotta you gotta sit on the porch and drink some shine with this dude for an hour and then he'll render a decision. Because I'm laughing my butt off the whole time.
Speaker 9: I've seen a video today about this, Uh the New York try to explain why uh they be complaining when they moved outside, didn't want specify by North Carolina.
Speaker 1: By the way, listening to him, what do you which county do you think he's from, because I don't know. I didn't say in the video. What are we picking up? We think of down east? Probably huh uh? How down east like South Carolina, border down or like Dupelin. That's a that'll be a fun thought exercise.
Speaker 9: And I found the explanation for the complaints, uh, quite intriguing because they bull who me, y'all let me tell you about it. So you know some of the complaint well, you know, talking about why thank you close up so early? And wyat things so far away?
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 9: I can't speak for them city folk in Greensboro, Rider, Charlotte, whatnot. But around here where I'm from, the Rue, North Carolina, that's where it's always been, where it's always been. Know that, man, I'm good with it. No we having to go to twenty mile to go to the store, especially when I was younger, Grandma sold were going to town.
Speaker 1: That was the turn.
Speaker 9: We're going to town.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, I gotta thrown some shoes. Now we're going to go on to town.
Speaker 9: That's where it was talking about why we ain't got no bow daggers Boa daggers. I mean, the name is selspy. You just ask your own question. We need Bowdagga's for a crime, and then it we got some of the best hole in the wall restaurants in these gas stations, some of the best bidders in the county. Every We don't need none of that.
Speaker 1: We got our own version of bow Daggers. Enjoy that find you want, you gonna enjoy it. I love this guy man because you know what, here's the thing. Obviously, his delivery with the accent, you know, that's gonna catch a lot of people. He's drinking moonshine, he's gotta you know, he's got a mason jar in his hand with some sort of liquid in it, and he's just wrapping on his porch. You know, just hey, and he and but he very succinctly identifies a lot of the frustrations people feel like. Don't get me wrong, if you live in any state and people from another place come in and they try to challenge what you consider a norm people, you know, that irritates folks, maybe not to the extent to oversay something, but they're like, well, you got to mess with a good thing. That's why we live here. That's even outside of the political stuff. So I think he does a very good job and I love the way he pronounces bodega, oh deega? What is that? But he ain't done how.
Speaker 9: They talk about the agrissy. You know how we speak egg by that we nod the cap, say what's up?
Speaker 7: Head?
Speaker 1: And how they do?
Speaker 9: But it's saying like when they like something, they aggressive with it. They're gonna talk jump about it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 9: About all that right here while I'm from you got some an on your chest, he better bring it to the door. Yeah, you know, time out, God. We say we like something, we like it, we say what we mean, mean what we say. That's the cold down here, shoot, and what really burned my butter beans?
Speaker 1: Once you time out?
Speaker 3: We behind?
Speaker 9: Now we ain't behind, just a slow pace, I reckon. That's why you moved down here for that slower pace.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Why we still speak deadboy, we still sit down, sit on the poach rapper taste. You know what I'm saying. I spend more time outside.
Speaker 1: On my post I do in my own house. It's just that's how it is speaking to people. That's how we roll. While we ain't got a good pizza.
Speaker 3: Now pizzas pizza? No, you know to me piece.
Speaker 9: Of something that you eat. We ain't gotten now, Like I said before, we interested in some bills on time, I get a fish fried pig, pig.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: There's some good eating right there.
Speaker 1: So his response to New Yorker is, pizza is what you eat when you ain't got nothing, which has got to be a daggered through the heart. But then he talks about some really delicious stuff. All right, one more real quick clip here.
Speaker 9: You know I ain't got no pride with no Yankee, nobody had moved, no care line, no prime in town. Long the understand, don't try to tying no caroline in New York en finna had it and enjoin, no CareLine for all this natural beauty and glory, love my state and laws.
Speaker 1: You're good with that.
Speaker 9: I'm good with you.
Speaker 1: Now you have a good day.
Speaker 9: I'm finishing out here. Oh cram, they're good all right, now that we're good.
Speaker 1: I'm serious. Just that's the interview process. And as one of the commenters on Twitter pointed out, uh, if if you haven't turned on the auto captions, I don't have them on ever. But if they're not on, turning on for this video and then listen to them and watch the poor algorithm or the computer try to put words on the screen. It's really funny. But he's not wrong. He not wrong, So kudos to that. Yeah, let's let's get that video around, right. I got Duplin Guesses, two, Joco Guesses, a lot of Johnson County Edge comunt. Oh wait, hold on, well, hang on, Ed, I'm gonna grab your call if you want to hold through the break, but we got to take one. We'll be back CaCO Day Radio program. Problem with the influencer is like influencers who just like you know, whose whole thing is just getting makeup on and talking tea or whatever. They I'm so not into it, so I don't know all the words. But but no, she is promoting all things North Carolina and obviously was one of the folks who gained a lot of attention because she was doing a very good job during everything that was unfolding in western North Carolina presenting perspectives and I'm not talking about you know where people were posting videos clearly for clicks and all of that. I thought she was more measured than a lot, which is why I invited her on the show in the first place, because if there was an allegation, she was willing, You're literally gonna drive there and figure it out, which used to be reporters who do that, but now you're the You are the media, as Elon says, So I'm really curious to hear the reaction from all the folks up there, which she no doubt talks to on the regular and you know, her family's up there, and and really really how everyone's feeling after Trump's visit. So we'll get into that, and yeah, we'll talk a little of the Josh Stein stuff. Plus I think she should she should talk to this guy's audio. We're just playing who I think very succinctly and in a pure country North Carolina accent. Really pointed out the frustrations as he was interacting, I guess with somebody from New York who was complaining about a bunch of stuff. No bodega's, the pizza sucks, you name it. Then we're trying to figure out where he's from. All right, Ed's got a guess ed, what's up.
Speaker 5: Hey, Casey, good morning.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna touch on this.
Speaker 5: Guy with with the you know, talking about New Yorker's coming down. I'm gonna I'm gonna place my wage on Edgecombe County. The reason being is just because I deliver a lot. Well, I used to deliver a lot anyway, all over eastern North Carolina, and I probably my first bet would be Edgecombe.
Speaker 1: And he's probably found out where he's from during the break somebody sent me, but I still thought it was Wood. So do you want to hear you want the big reveal?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, yeah, all right, you ready. Uh, he's near Newburgh, so I guess Craven would be Craven County, all right, Well on the track of all the way, Yeah, absolutely, no, that tracks. There's a big survey north Raleigh all the way down to just maybe a few miles from the coast that he could have been in, then down to the South Carolina border. But yeah, that tracks man, Craven County.
Speaker 5: Yeah, eastern North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, so all right, appreciate Ye're appreciate that as well. That's cool, man, It's just again turn on the auto captions. I don't know why I find that so funny, but I do. I do, all right. Few other things, A couple of things we can't get to yesterday, but I feel still need to come your way. Uh well, let's start here. By now, you've probably seen the Advance interview. He is so good in interviews, even if you don't agree with him, He's very good. But it's harder for a Republican to be good in an interview with most of the mainstream outlets because not all interviews are created equal. Usually you got to run in there on the defense. And what I think Vance is very good at doing. Trump just lobs grenades. That's his thing. Vance strategically lobs grenades, and he kind of gets you to play the pin before he throws it at you, which is not easy to do. Setting up somebody like if I can somebody calls and screaming at me, and I can figure out in the middle of the conversation how to set them up with their own logical fallacy. That makes my day. It's not easy to do. Van's as cool as a cucumber doing it, man is.
Speaker 2: Then there was record oil and gas production.
Speaker 8: Many terrible things to lead to an increase in prices.
Speaker 3: I agree, markret no, but all.
Speaker 6: The things you experience at the grocery store are what people touch and field. This week you were talking about bacon on the campaign trail.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course those.
Speaker 6: Things, when do consumers actually get to touch and feel a difference in their lives?
Speaker 8: Well, Margaret, how does bacon get to the grocery store. It comes on trucks that are fueled by diesel fuel. If the diesel is way too expensive, the bacon's going to become more expensive. How do we grow the bacon? Our farmers need energy to produce it. So if we lower energy prices, we are going to see lower prices for consumers.
Speaker 1: And that is what we're trying to fight for. Because there was this whole narrative over the weekend like why are eggs cheap? Yeah, why aren't they? Elie Crystal or whatever his name is over on MSNBC this garbage tried to tell y'all.
Speaker 11: I mean, Ali I wrote specifically about this issue what he was going to do to the Department of Justice multiple times during the election cycle, because, as you pointed out in your open, this was all written down. So I don't like the shock and awe version of this because if you've been paying attention, they wrote it down, They told you exactly what they were going to do, and exactly how you were going to do it, and a majority of white people voted for this. This is the disgusting version of America that people want. And oh, by the way, eggs are still more expensive, so you even get that great job white.
Speaker 1: Folks, it's just yeah, great job, white folks. I can't yes. And by the way, you don't have to call let me say it for you. I can't imagine that said opposite. Can you imagine some white analysts? Yeah, and Crystal likes I know he does like some white things because his hair is crazy. He's got he's the dude with the big white beakman looking thing. I don't know what was the what was the muppet? The science Muppet. Yeah, he's that dude. He's got that hairdo. But I can't imagine. So I can't imagine Scott Jennings going thank you, black folks and surrounded all negative a negative, negatively, and him still having a job at CNN. But let's talk about some of those folks that Trump's gotten in there. You see Pete Hegseth. All right, So yesterday he is he's getting ready to get on a plane or whatever. So it's one of those tarmac interviews, and it's you don't even have to direct it. You just normalize it, which is what what has been the the strategy for for so many Democrat things over over the years, where you normalize, like you you don't say illegal immigrant anymore, it's undocumented traveler, undocumented immigrant. And then you normalize it by just doing it. That's what Heckseeth is doing.
Speaker 12: But then I'm here, I'm thinking about the guys.
Speaker 1: See if he can figure out what I'm talking about, but.
Speaker 12: That I'm here, I'm thinking about the guys and gals in Guam, in Germany and Fort Benning and Fort Bragg on missile defense sites and aircraft carriers.
Speaker 1: And there's two things. Because obviously your ear is going to pick up on the brag thing. Betting's the thing too, But also he said guys and gals, and the last Secretary of Defense would have simply said soldiers. Even though soldiers, then you get marines and airmen and if you want to start breaking it down but probably not could use airman. So he's just like, now we're going back to this because this is normal and it just flows there. And and after we did, I'm not going to plan all the rest there, but there was another cut and they went on to the next thing. The media just fell in line, whereas I expected want of them to scream at them, and they just didn't. And that's because our military is awesome, you know why. Because our military's not out chasing Wales. There's crazy story here. Are you ready for this? Real quick? Raced Aga will like this too if he's there. So the UK's Royal nay, hey, ray are you there? Yeah, we're here, all right? You love this all right, UK's Royal Navy went code read launched a frantic search for two phantom Russian subs off the coast who they thought were out there attempting to Basically, they thought the Russian subs were trying to record them so that they could have a better understanding of what British submarines sound like, right, because they have a huge sub base up in Scotland there, so they're hanging out off of that. So they think that there's phantom Russian subs. They're freaking out because they're not pinging him on radar. Uh, they're pinging them on sonar, but not some of their other detection devices. And so they went full to the wall what do you think it turned out to be. Take a guess out, not a Russian sub farting whale, you're oh, okay, yeah, that was my first guess. Yeah, yeah, the hunt for red fart Tober, which by the way, is good, but I think dos Boof is better. So maybe I should have been consultant and others who fell on that side. But uh yeah, yeah, they went full uh they went full uh uh hunt for red October and it was a it was a bailing whale with indigestion or something. Okay, yeah, so yes, that was my second guess. Unless the Russians have remember they trained that Beluga whales, so maybe that is an operative right with the gas, So we don't know.
Speaker 13: It's different, certainly not the answer I would have been looking for.
Speaker 1: Uh. I gotta tell you, my man. I got to go down to Newbern and Beaufort specifically, but that area down there at the coast, and I had I actually left from Greensboro, so I started, well, I technically I left from a high point, So I started in a high point, drove down there about four hours, and the whole time I'm like, ah, this is fine, this is wait, what is that? What is that, And I'm like, am I getting near a ski area? What the hell is going on?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did not realize how much snow they got down there. They did and it's you know, it's still The roads were fine. I just want to say that there was not a problem on any of the roads, but any of the side of the roads, on the south side of the road where they have the big trees, that's probably all still there because it's not getting in the direct sun. Man. All right, yeah, let's fix this. Let's let's clean it up where we are for everybody.
Speaker 13: Okay, Yeah, I mean beautiful week You take out Friday and right into the upcoming weekend, it's gonna be great daytime highs and the low mid fifties today, the sixties tomorrow, maybe back to the mid upper fifties on Thursday. Then showers Friday, and then Saturday and Sunday. Look a pretty good lot of sunshine around every day except except Friday when those showers will come in, and then the overnight lowsly you can be decent too, staying above freezing. After this morning load of mid thirties lo to mid thirties, then the forties by the weekend. And we even got a shot, especially as we get around the triangle and points south at east where some of that snow may still be lurking of maybe a sixty eight tomorrow afternoon, same thing Friday. Yeah, so you know, maybe break out the sticks, you know, you can get out there. And even over the weekend we got a shot at sixty degrees both days, probably back into the fifties, and then Monday warm too. As the patterns changed, so we've gone from more of a continental polar flow to more of a maritime influence on the Pacific, so more of a flatter west east kind of thing, and that's going to bring the mild their temperatures in or not later in the Weekstorm Prediction Center has severe weather not here the frontal week before it gets here, but severe weather potentially for parts of Louisiana, Texas that got six plus inches of snow last week. So we went from winter the spring, all within the course of seven days.
Speaker 1: So pretty amazing. That's what we do. That's what happens. Yeah, all right, talk to you soon, sir, Thank you, I appreciate it, and we'll be right back. Hang on, So Trump putangling with I mean, what a busy weekend for this guy. Obviously, he reiterated the Panama stuff. And then I hope you saw the reporting of the conversation with Denmark's president or do they call it president prime minister? It doesn't matter. And of course the media is doing what the media is doing, and also the Europeans are doing what the Europeans are doing, because they're like, the phone call was shocking, it was terrified. Terrifying is the word they use, shocking, terrifying in just because Denmark is Greenland is a protectorate of it anyway, it's it's it's one of their playthings. But to describe it as and to you know, to further ramp this up, really, was it terrifying? Can we hear it? The I don't. I'm assuming the conversation was had in English. She speaks English. I've because when she was responding she and it and it was very good English. So I I like, can we hear it and judge for ourselves if it was terrifying? And then from there and then Panama got mad again, then Colombia I'm trying to remember order of operation here, and then Colombia, and the Columbia thing is crazy, I will tell you this as somebody who got to travel to Colombia, was that last year I went to go what to Pay and then I went to Glopago. Anyway, I really enjoyed myself down there, and I thought the look, if you're stupid, don't go to Columbia. If you got a brain on your head and you understand that there are things and places that you should go, there are probably places you should not go, and also the things you should not say.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: I found it really fascinating talking to people my age or above in metazine because there are the thing that they hate more than anything in Metazine is Pablo Escobar. And you really quickly learn why because as you walk around the city and you go it doesn't matter where you go. You can go to Publato where they have a lot of good restaurants. Don't go near there. There's a lot of bad stuff right near there where a lot of like and as a result, you have a lot of tourists, a lot of money. You also have a lot of crime, prostitution, things like that, and Columbia deals with that to the extent that they can. So areas like Publato, where my hotel was is kind of on the other side of town in a place called lorelis On and that's a great bar restaurant district, great hotels, and I enjoyed it. And I was only there for a couple of days. And then want to pay, which is this volcano lake thing, which is amazing, and they have these stairs you walk to the top of the caldera and it's really cool and and everyone was very chill. Well everyone's not real chill right now. But also there is a reckoning that Americans voted for, and that reckoning is this this illegal immigration stuff. I know, I know, I just ran out of people, like I'll explain what like ten people have emailed me here in a moment, I knew it was gonna happen, and I'm sorry. I just wanted to move on to this. But so like Columbia basically refused a military it's it's a little there's a little complexity to it because refused is a strong word. But acted normal is not what they did either. Basically, they they tried to get the rule book out and do stuff and then they flat refused. Honduras was kind of the same. I'll get to that in a moment, and so he said, fine, we're just gonna tear if your stuff. And for five minutes, the president of Pietro I think is his name, He's like, fine, we're gonna tear if your stuff. And then I guess somebody must have run the numbers and realized, what do you think we buy from Columbia? And don't say cocaine, I mean, what do we buy legally from Colombia that we decimated our own industry through a trade agreement that Bush W Bush put in flowers? Columbia produces amazing, which is why when you fly into Colombia and you look down in the field, it's amazing. If it's the right time of the year, and it was for me. She doesn't really do politics. It's gonna be unavoidable in this discussion because it is the reason we're having it. The Trump visit to North Carolina's first official visit in the United States to anywhere was us and it was incredible to watch not just Trump, not just what he said about FEMA and how money's gonna work, but also watching people who are not activists, who are not people who ever saw themselves standing on the stage with the President testifying to get up there and really talk about the difference there scene, So I wanted to dig further into that. You've seen her on Twitter at Dogwood Blooms. Is her handle. It's Cassie Clark, who joins us this morning, who has instructed my producer that she is to be referred to as the Queen or her majesty. You know, we had a problem about two hundred and fifty years ago with people demanding that. But I'll give you the pass. How are you doing this morning, Cassie?
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 2: How are you, Kasey?
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, just doing my thing. But I'm watching the video from Trump up there and this woman, there's this woman on the stage, one of several to be able to talk with Trump. And again, I know, I know you try to avoid politics. It's unavoidable when the president visits. But let's talk about the impact it has on North Carolina. What do you think the impact will be on the effort to rebuild western North Carolina? Based on what you heard?
Speaker 2: I feel like Western North Carolina was ignored, right, I mean, from the time the storm hit all the way up until Trump made it into office. I feel like the major news networks ignored us I feel like most of the news that was coming out was being released by people like me, Matt van Swall, Sean Hendrix. And how sad is that that you have to go to x to find out what's going on on the ground. And Trump got into office and all of a sudden that changed. All of a sudden were in the spotlight, and you know, I can't remember who said it, but there was one hundred percent right. Trump didn't just come and give a speech. He handed his microphone to western North Carolinians. I mean, I think that that was just one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. It was perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I saw people because people are cynical, and they said, well he did it, you know, because you know for politics, Well here's the thing. Who cares if you even if you think that, what is the impact going to be? And the impact is that woman that we played audio from, I'm just going to play a little snippets. You know which one I'm referring to.
Speaker 6: I've been fatten with femas since day one. Our community there's like thirty two homes.
Speaker 1: So she describes a she describes a situation where these homes are rule as many homes are in western North Carolina and specifically their road, which is a I would describe it as a weather road. I don't know if we use the term as much, but you know a road that requires maintenance. A lot of the maintenance is done by the locals. We did it as a kid growing up for ranch roads, and it's gone or it's impassable where ems or fire couldn't get up there, as well as a lot of heavy equipment and FEMA she called, and this is the doom loop. These people find them in said, hey, we need to fix this. There's thirty two of us back here, and if something happened somebody has a heart attack there, they're not going to make it. And they're like, well, rebuild the road. We'll pay you what. And also you can't get the trucks in there to rebuild the road. And so the average citizen who's never had to deal with this, I wouldn't know how to deal with this, is sitting there and the answer for some is to throw their hands up and move. And so how many of these stories have you heard?
Speaker 2: Countless? I mean literally countless. So when the storm hit, immediately started sharing places that people could donate highlighting organizations that were going to be on the ground, and from there it just kind of grew and so it was like every day there would be anywhere from ten to fifty dms coming straight to me with people who needed help. And how heartbreaking is it to hear the same story over and over again. Our roads washed out, our bridge is gone, our home is gone. We can't get a hold of FEMA. I don't know what to do. Can you tell me who to contact? Like, I've heard it so many times that it made my head spin, and so to see things actually moving now is amazing. And I'm not an overly political person. I mean, anybody who followed me prior to Hurricane Helen obviously knows that. And I've seen people flip sides because of Hurricane Heleen. I mean, this is a big deal here in North Carolina, and I've also seen a lot of people downplay it. I actually saw video this morning of someone driving through Swana Noah and saying that nothing was being done, and they drove through the best areas in Swana Noah. They didn't even show the worst road. So I mean, this just goes to show how one person can make it seem like things are so much better than what they actually are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, absolutely. One of our emailers, Josh, it looks like they're a construction group, he said, we have been helping rebuild, donating time and equipment, struggling to get it done. These things are very expensive to repair. If it wasn't for private donations, he estimates that half of what's been done wouldn't have been done. Would you say that's a fair assessment?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely, absolutely. Whenever the hotel voucher started expiring, Mercy Ory once stood up and spent thousands of dollars to pay for hotel rooms for people who were about to get kicked out from FEMA.
Speaker 1: In the middle of a snowstorm on my dad. Yes, yeah, yeah. So let's talk Army Corps of engineers. I saw a lot of posts yesterday or over the weekend that has there been a big influx of actual government I mean that's Army Corps. US Army Corps has that or what should I believe?
Speaker 2: So I have Now I'm not on the ground in western North Carolina right now, but from the news that I am getting in from people that I am trusting, they're telling me that all of a sudden, they're seeing them everywhere. And I think that's incredible because I've visited twice. Both times I didn't see much going on. And to hear that now you're spotting them in the roads and that work is getting done, that's a godsend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I did some research. Apparently prior to inauguration day, the president would have still had that ability. I don't know if you knew.
Speaker 2: This, So that's something that I heard, that all of these things could have been done beforehand. And how sad is that? How sad is it that they knew they could do things that they failed to do.
Speaker 1: Do you like the idea of the abolition of FEMA we get into political because it would then there still has to be somebody to administrate this, right, so even if you do it at the state level, then you're beholden. But arguably the closer the politics are to home, the easier the influences. Why do you think do you think that that's a good idea? Because I saw Josh Stein sitting there talking about well here, let me play the audio, and then I'm curious your response.
Speaker 7: Well, the president came here a couple of times. The FEMA director factory who lived here. I know that those folks worked hard. That doesn't mean we can't be frustrated with some things that happened, because it never goes as quickly or as well as we wanted to.
Speaker 1: Now, some people interpret that is Stein not having any firm understanding of what FEMA did and how people feel about it. I don't care if the FEMA director spent a bunch of time at the casino and Cherokee. I want results. So what do you think all that?
Speaker 2: So I'm not sure how I feel about getting rid of FEMA entirely. And here is why. Because the state was in charge of nc r R, which was in charge of eastern North Carolina following Lawrence and Matthew. And we still have families in eastern North Carolina who may never receive the help that they were promised. So is it going to be any better for the state of North Carolina with the State of North Carolina in charge of disaster relief? I'm not sure so. And see, this is why I hate politics, because it's almost like, no matter which way you go, this is the.
Speaker 1: Issue people's life. You know, it is politics, And I'm with you. I understand and Honestly, that's why I asked you on the show because I thought that you did a very good job of you know, there was a lot of stuff that was coming out that wasn't true, whether it was intentional or just people dealing with stuff, and I thought that you did a good job of filtering through that because you know, all it takes is one story that's clearly hyped and wrong for people to dismiss what's going on. And oh yeah, believe you understand that. So this it is. It is the intersection of life and politics. It's not just politics to do politics. It's politics to not freeze to death or to retain your business or your way of life. And so I think it really transcends.
Speaker 2: And there was a lot of issues. I mean, there was the baby story, and I'm sure most people have seen this on social media because it keeps reviving itself, stories of a small toddler freezing and not making it and that I find that soul of senses because I'm from western North Carolina and I know my people very well, and I know that they are working so hard to take care of each other, and the idea that that's not something that would be in the news that that's not something that every Western North Carolinian wouldn't be screaming about is offensive.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be someone sitting on their couchs in you know, California or Massachusetts or Maine making a video revealing that kind of information. It's going to be groups of hillbilly's raging if something like that were to happen, and trying to put down these types of lies takes away from the real things that are happening. And so I've done my best to step up and say, hey, that's not true. But yeah, I mean that's become a major concern in western North Carolina, is all the grifting and lying and people trying to get popular, get clicks off of the misery of others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you forgot Florida grifters on your list there?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah he was.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give that guy any outs in the air with his name, but the amount that dude has nine lives, I keep seeing him try to revive stuff. Yeah see, all right, we'll leave it there. I'm just saying, look, if if people do and they should, right, don't think it's over. They were out saw an estimate, And you tell me if you've heard this that the Lake Loure area that they were being told by the state that it'll probably be like two years before they're back to normal. Does that track with what you're hearing? Can you imagine two years of people not people from North Carolina even necessarily, but people who want to come experience North Carolina and pretend they're in footloose and put baby in the corner, like two years. Is that you're understanding how long this is going to take?
Speaker 2: I think that that's a hopeful estimate. I think it's going to be longer than that before Western North Carolina is fully on its feet. Some of the things that I saw when I was back home blew my mind. It literally looked like bombs went off in creaks. You know. There were mobile homes that were literally look like they were crushed like tin cans. And if it's cleaned up in two years, I will be on money praising Jesus because it's going to take a lot and a whole lot more than what we have seen so far.
Speaker 1: Is is there truth to I heard some people complaining that they're you know, they're trying to get ahead and clean waterways that may run through their property, so you know cricks, creeks, and even rivers, and they're being told not to. And we heard a story in California where they were not letting people go into the palisades and try to start clearing their property. Is there a legitimate reason for that? Is that happening? Because you know those creeks, especially in an agricultural setting, you still need them in many instances. So what do you know about that?
Speaker 2: So I actually heard about that yesterday. To my knowledge, it is true. I actually need to do some research on that, and I'm planning on reaching out to some of our representatives to find out what's going on with it, because I can see no other reason that the waterways still look like they do.
Speaker 1: I see, yeah, yeah, you see. I saw a picture there's a washer dryer set sit in this one creek and the lady was saying they were told she can't move it, and that they were if there's some scientific reason where they got a test And I'm like, well, I don't know, maybe if you pull it out it'll test cleaner. I'm not a scientist, but that just seems logical to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how that works. What I do know is is that on my last trip home, I saw numerous vehicles in the river, and so of course there's oil and gas in those, there's ana freeze in those. You cannot tell me that it is safe to leave overturned vehicles in the middle.
Speaker 5: Of a river.
Speaker 1: No, No, A thousand, thousand percent right there, for all the reasons. And this is literally something that we dealt with one time when I was a kid, where they had we had a really really bad windstorm and a five hundred doallon fuel tank, not on our property, but a property that was thankfully downstream. I went and it was it was absolutely and you know what, Literally the day after. The only reason I knew about is because I went over and brought one of our tractors too, and we tugged all of this stuff out and it's just running out the whole time. So it's it's very bad. Give me a We talked about a lot of depressing stuff. What's what Give me a happy story? Where you know, people cannot feel down in the mouth leaving this interview today, because through the work of locals, through the work of even outside charities like Mercury one that you mentioned, which is what that's Glenn Beck's right, what what what have you seen that is ahead of schedule where people are really making because a lot of local local government's going to impact this as well. So tell me something positive you've seen, Cassie.
Speaker 2: So, on my first trip home, I came up and I was expecting complete devastation. And my hometown sits I'm from Canton and it sits in a valley on the Pigeon River, and so I thought I was going to go home and find that it was just gone. And on my very first trip, so this is what a week after the storm.
Speaker 1: About thirty seconds. I'm just warning you.
Speaker 2: So, Okay, I come in and my hometown looked great. It looked great. I'm so proud of Heywood County. And there are other areas that pulled through that great too, And so I think that there's a lot of resilience and I think that we're going to make it through this better than ever.
Speaker 1: And I think if if we all have our favorite places in North Carolina, and I think if where we travel to maybe we don't live, and if there's a favorite place up in the mountains, you have and you have a little time or money and you want to turn your attention to that. I think it's a good thing we all could do at Dogwood Blooms. Yeah, at Dogwood Blooms. On Twitter, that is Cassie Clark, who thinks she's royalty. Thank you, Cassie, thank you. All right, we'll be right back hanging the dudes over at Ben and Jerry's ice cream kill me. And I don't know why they keep putting a core in the crotch punching machine, but let's do this. So Ben and Jerry's is very upset because the company that owns Ben and Jerry's, who are not the guys who started Ben and Jerry's, but rather a big conglomerate known as Unilever. I'm sure you're familiar with them. They are upset because they feel that Unilever has barred Ben and Jerry's from issuing what was going to be like a really woke anti Trump message. So while there's still is involvement there because of this sales agreement, because here's the deal. When the company buys something and you sell your thing, but your thing has your name on it, maybe you're still the spokesman for it. Any of the rest the company is buying it is going to have conditions. I have conditions, right. My name is Casey O.
Speaker 5: Day.
Speaker 1: The show is called that my company owns the show. Oh that's how that works. And that's just that's just how that's how entertainment, not just entertainment, that's how things like this work. And so in I can't go out and openly disparage my company. I can't do things. We have morality clauses. We have all of these things which are standard. So it's not like Ben and my point is Ben and Jerry didn't get tricked into this. Do you know what I mean? What they availed themselves of was capitalism. They started a company and it's a I understand their woke and green and all that. Their ice cream isn't bad, it's it's it's high quality ice cream. And and so the other thing is too to make ice cream like that, uh Russ never talking off the air, it's it's one of the it's gotta be one of the least green products available. You got a macadamia try in your yard? No you don't. You know why because they come from the Indian Ocean where they import a lot of Macadamians from not not purely, but Matta Gascar grows a crap ton Indonesia as well. That's the other side of the world, bro. And how many of their flavors have Macadamian They're probably a bunch. And that's just getting started. Vanilla also comes from the other side of the world. Real vanilla if you want, you know the mass growing of it. So you're in the ice cream biz. And then there's the part where you have a product from the moment you start making it has to be refrigerated or in some state of transformation that is utilizing big machines that require a lot of energy all the rest. And then when the when the time was ripe and you could get the maxim amount of money, you turn to a company. I'm not knocking on Unilever, but do you turn to a worldwide conglomerate which makes products all over the world and then ship some of all the other parts of the world. And also as a chemical component. You want to get into that so that they would pay you an ungodly sum of money. And now you're mad that you can't do something the company thinks would harm their brand. Go take your money, go buy your six houses and be a hypocrite. You know, I'll lave Bernie Sanders and shut up man to ice cream.
Speaker 3: Not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: We get this one a lot.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we're in the ice cream business, but we've always been about much more than just ice cream. We use our power, our privilege, our platform, on our relationship with our fans to advocate for progressive social change. So now we're not just going to stick to ice cream.
Speaker 15: And we're never going to stop trying to dismantle white supremacy and the climate crisis or fight for our democracy.
Speaker 14: I know we're not going to stop fighting laws that restrict trans writes, ban books.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna pause this real quick. If you folded your company up, if you folded your company and you were not producing ice cream anym, not shipping, not refrigerating, not the trucks that deliver it, if you were not doing any of that, you could have the impact from a client. You could have the maximum impact on the climate stuff because you would just cease to exist all And I understand there's other companies that may come in and because people want ice cream, right, and it may expand the market share for Hoggin DAWs or one of the other premium brands. Fine, but if you morally feel that you have to do that, quit, just stop and again you sold out to one of the largest consumer products companies in the world. Man well back abortion.
Speaker 10: Protections, caring about that stuff, doing something about it, as supporting communities who've been directly impacted by it as part of our DNA, and it has been since we opened up our first scoop shop in Burlington, Vermont, back in nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 14: Ben and Jerry were two best friends who love making ice cream, but for them, the only reason to be in business. To do business different whether.
Speaker 15: We're working with activists in Saint Louis to close a racist and inhumane jail, or working to restore the right to vote for people who are formally incarcerated in Florida, or turning up a delicious new flavor and support of refugee rights in the UK. Being an activist company is who we are.
Speaker 14: And we know our fans wouldn't want it any other way because while we love making the best possible ice cream in the best possible way, the world needs more than just great ice cream.
Speaker 15: We don't pretend to always know the answers, but we partner with and take the lead from activists and allies who do, and we hope you'll join us in taking action.
Speaker 14: To support them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, you sound like you think you know all the answers. And again I'm telling you, if these are things you're concerned about, I have just given you a concrete way to have the maximum impact on the climb. Now here's what they'll tell you. And then this is always the rub, right, but if we shut down, we wouldn't be able to influence or fund all this other stuff. And it's like, well, but the thing that you think is going to kill us every ten years, in the next ten years, you could have the most immediate impact on And if we're all dead and you think we're all gonna be dead here in ten years, then none of the other stuff matters. Doesn't matter. If a jail's racist, there's nobody in it because we're all dead, And then the cockroaches can live there. You know, whatever survives done refugees, You can't be a refugee if you're dead. I looked it up. I did some research. Doesn't count. So yeah, it's just like why they keep deciding to go ahead and get in this. Why anyone is we talked about earlier the Captain America thing. We'll get into more of that on Thursday. But the actor playing the new Captain America. So there's Captain America, but you know the thing he doesn't represent is America. Why why are you doing that? I have a problem with actor Anthony Mackie. I tend to enjoy whenever I see him in something. I'm just like the why Selena Gomez who posted this and then immediately deleted it because even her fans were lighting her up.
Speaker 7: Only people are getting attacked.
Speaker 13: The children don't understand.
Speaker 1: I understand that one of the people on day one that was arrested, that lunatic in Boston, who's uh hold on Ross, I got it. You don't even have to do it right here, that lunatic in Boston. We played the audio of where he's uh, you know, screw Trump, and uh, I thought I had it anyway, you know, the you know the guy, he's just lunatic. Hees thanking Obama and thanking Biden like it wasn't him. But on the same day they rep you're you're worried about children? One of the dudes raped a baby. What are you crying about. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: I wish I could do something that it can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do. I'll try every there. Well, there are things you could do. You could financially assist people who wanted to come here so that they could avail themselves of the finance. You know, the financial opportunities here. You could do that. And by the way, I'm not I would never criticize you for that. If you want to do that with your money, and that's you, and that's something you want to do or you want to you want to flex. But what you're arguing for right now is what people don't want. I text I. I tweeted this on on Friday. It was after the show, but on Friday, I want to go get some food. I'm like, I want to go get some Mexican food. And there's in high Point on the south end of the city. There's a little restaurant called Meet Takaria and I've eaten there a couple of times for lunch because's right now of the station. But I wanted Mexican food and they make Honduran food primarily, and so I asked the girl who's always there. I'm like, he's a good Mexican restaurant. And she recommended a place called a Kias Mexico a Kias Mexico and which just means here is Mexico. And I went over there. That place was amazing. The food was so this is not a paid anything. I've changed full price. And they also tricked me into doing a tequila shop. But what are you gonna do? So I go over there. It's loaded. It's loaded with white people and black people and brown people, and the staff there is primarily Hispanic. The bartender I believe it is from Venezuela legally here, I might point out, and really good English for only being here about I think four or five years, she said, she so she and and so I'm talking to her. There's a male bartender. There's like four or five people. There's you know a couple of guys who I think we're from Mexico initially. Anyway, you know what, they were all sitting there. I did not broach. I didn't bring any of this up. They got TVs there and they're showing Trump and he's doing because he's doing the North Carolinavism. They're showing him on there they're having a conversation about the dirt bags who were part of the initial raids. Do you know why? Because and I can't speak for everyone in the restaurant, nobody was running around looking nervous. They seem to be fully staffed. And I'm listening now to patrons, and they're speaking in Spanish, which I'm a much better at understanding than speaking. If you hear me the way I just pronounced the name of the restaurant, but they're also speaking in English too, because there's a woman who's there with him who looked to be a white lady and not Latina. And then we all just started talking about it, and they're just like, because you know why, Because just like I talked about earlier, with people who are a minority, who make their way, who get into a college camp is not with affirmative action. Always wondering if people are thinking they got there from affirmative action. People come to this country legally and not even just from Latin America, but that's the forefront of it. They don't you think they want to walk around with people assuming that they might be here illegally, because it's so top of mind, because they're seeing these stories like what happened to Lake and Riley and others because they're doing roundups in certain places, in certain cities that the Trump administration has targeted. Many of those cities were sanctuary cities, so it's easy pickings and they're grabbing the worst of the worst. And those are the very same people who have a higher likelihood of living in communities because we tend to group together. So that's why there's Chinatown, or there's the part of town where whatever town you live in, if it's of decent size, you know where the Latin grocery store is, and people tend to live around that. So the likelihood that some of these dirtbags live in their own community could be harming their families and their kids. They're aware of that. So don't give me this garbage. Eight forty seven. Let's get weather. Oh look at that, I short shrifted him, all right, sir? Can you give me an anpid firey?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Fifties today, sixties tomorrow, fifties Thursday. Some of us may get into the mid sixties tomorrow. Lots of sunshine around even the overnight lows will be in the low to mid thirties. So not a terrible run here before the showers get here probably Friday afternoon, but still well into the sixties, and we're back to the mid upper fifties with sunshine over the weekend. So the book ends good Saturday, Sunday and also Thursday, Wednesday and today. The middle there kind of the heart of the stories where the showers are going to be. Most of them actually come while you're sleeping Friday night. But one to eighty from last week, case looks pretty good most of this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't sleep. I'm like a robot man. So yeah, thank you, appreciate it. All right, we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger. Hang on, well, good morning, Casey.
Speaker 16: The emergence of an artificial intelligence startup called deep Seek triggered a tech sell off on Wall Street investors fear of the Chinese company could become a threat to the AI boom. Here in the US, The Nasdaq fell three percent yesterday, the S and P five hundred fell one and a half percent, while the blue chips posted games. The Dow closed two thirds of a percent higher. Now we turn that around today, S and P futures are up six points and the Nasdaq futures are up thirty five, while the Dow futures.
Speaker 1: Are down fifty nine.
Speaker 16: Today is day one of the Federal Reserve's Today policy meeting that just got under way in Washington about a half hour ago. Scott Beissent can get to work as Treasury Secretary today. He was confirmed by the Senate late yesterday. Pete Hegseth shocked the defense industry and his first day is Defense Secretary. Sources say he ordered a halt to new army contracts and solicitations for new programs. Hag Seth wants to do a review checking the programs for, among other things, any clauses pertaining to diversity, equity and inclusion. Attorneys general from nineteen states urging Costco ho Sale to rethink its diversity policies. Costco is among just a few companies to defend the practices. The ags A diversity equity and inclusion efforts go against the twenty twenty three Supreme Court ruling against affirmative action. Microsoft is reportedly among the companies interested in buying TikTok from its Chinese parent company. That is, according to President Trump. The restaurant Business newsletter is advising restaurant tours to be prepared for the possibility of visits from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement known as ICE. Officials and owners are being told to make sure they are compliant with all documentation requirements and to have up to date files for all of their workers and Casey. Honda has an ambitious goal by twenty thirty. It wants every other two wheeler sold around the world to.
Speaker 3: Be a Honda.
Speaker 16: This includes motorcycles and electric bikes.
Speaker 1: Casey, Okay, all right, Jeff, thank you, appreciate it, sir, go on, all right, have a good day.
Speaker 16: I'll talk to you tomorrow.