Speaker 1: Rick Wilson.
Speaker 2: Hello, Molly, how's your day?
Speaker 1: Just you know, another day. So here's my question for you. We are in the middle of the Natalie Harp gop meltdown Donald.
Speaker 2: The never ending Harpathon. Harp.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump has a personal aid. She is, She's a she's a presidential aid, right, what I mean what? And she writes his tweets. And she also declined to get a security clearance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and she she rides in the back of the Motorcato.
Speaker 2: By the back of the motorcato Trump, that's right.
Speaker 1: And then this weekend we saw lots of photos of her running after golf cards. Somebody is doing the Lincoln from the White House.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm going to make and make the call right now. Molly and I've talked about this a little bit. If you know Susie Wiles, which she does not like wild cards.
Speaker 2: She doesn't like cuckoos. She likes professionals.
Speaker 3: She likes people who can be relied upon to take care of the mission and the job. Natalie Harp is the kind of wild card that sends a Susie Wiles into an apoplectic fit. And so my guess here is that a lot of it. Yes, I think some of it is coming from Carolyn.
Speaker 4: Levitt, who who is not happy being left behind on the death plane. But some of it is has definitely got the smell of a sort of Susie Wiles Purge, the crazy operation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I want to I want to do another minute on that. The decoy plane. So earlier in the last two week news cycle we learned about this decoy plane. Donald Trump's hidden in a catering truck he takes with him. Natalie Harp on the decoy plane are basically everyone else except for Pete Heggsa's right.
Speaker 3: Listen, Natalie is now entering into a space in our politics, Molly, that is not a space you want to be in as a presidential aid.
Speaker 2: The presidential aid job is to never be the story, to never ever be the story. And right now she is the story.
Speaker 3: And you know, it's weird because last weekend this was a big story and I would have thought, Okay, it'll fall apart in a few days, It'll it'll get boring, you know, whatever the mystery is. The mystery is maybe Milania is gonna leak a little bit about.
Speaker 2: It, who knows.
Speaker 3: But but the story hasn't gone away, It hasn't gotten better because the White House has screwed this up so badly. They have messed us up in every possible dimension. And not only the press can't look away from it, but now everybody else in the White House can't look away from it because the power that Harp has inside the White House is to be the last person in the room with Donald Trump at all times, which would Donald Trump she listens to the last person in the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they also I also think that they really did streisan this thing right like this.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know you're a one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Right like this week, and this week we had Malania come out and say, I hear you missed me right?
Speaker 2: Why you missing me so much?
Speaker 1: Right? So she comes back, which then again is more kerosene on the fire. At every point there was an opportunity to just like let this thing die.
Speaker 3: And hold it off, to let it die, to stop talking about it.
Speaker 2: And yet they won't stop talking about it, and I listen.
Speaker 3: Part of that is that it's being driven by what I'm what I'm gonna what I'm gonna call by my theoretical knowledge, no internal knowledge.
Speaker 2: The Wiles Leavitt faction. Let's just call that for the moment, right.
Speaker 3: But they've also driven it because all of the MAGA influencers who have been marching to the orders, you know, and those guys normally take their their their marching orders from Scavino, right, and from Stephen Chung. They're all out there just tearing there. How dare you not only harm is the finest of Americans, He'll tell you, sir, and it is.
Speaker 2: It is making them look crazy.
Speaker 3: It is making it sound like somebody's sent orders down, like defend the president's girlfriend rather than let's put this crisis behind us.
Speaker 1: And also Scaveno, not Scavino. Stephen Chung had this first tweet that was the one that actually drew all the attention to it to begin with, which was a tax.
Speaker 3: John oss Off and like calling John oss Off a cuck. Sorry, if there's a cuck in the room, it's it's Stephen Chung sitting on the extra strength cup chair. Well, but they caused this problem for themselves money, They bought this entire problem by being idiots.
Speaker 1: But and you know what's funny about this story is like they're doing, they're trying to distract from they would like to distract from this, but what they're doing this weekend, that's like the real story if you wanted to, you know how, there's always sort of a real story in a fakes The real story is the absolute disastrous trade war with cat.
Speaker 2: Which is milly.
Speaker 3: I mean, first off, somebody betweeted about this yesterday thread it I guess, and it was like master of the Art of the deal blows deal with friendliest nation on Earth. I mean, Canada was ready to put this behind us and to cool it off, and yet Trump had to go in and be an asshole. And he went into be an asshole because of two big things. One Canada, for its own needs, has to keep some of it some of its own petroleum production. They do need gas still and diesel, and he wanted more because he's burned through all of our strategic reserves and started a war that he can't win in Iran, which is driven the price and the supply of oil, the price up and the supply supplied down down.
Speaker 2: And so he's mad at Canada instead of himself.
Speaker 3: It's the classic Trump thing, like yeah, sure, I blew everything up. I really I really messed up. I've done everything wrong. But hey, look at these guys over here. Yeah and yeah, that is that is going to be a massive story. Canada is our largest aiding partner. It just the degree of incompetence among among these people, the incompetence of Trump.
Speaker 2: World never stops growing. All this time.
Speaker 3: You think, yeah, maybe they've had a peek, maybe they're maybe they've done as much damage as they can.
Speaker 2: But oh no, it's always like hold my beer, dude, We're going to do some more damage.
Speaker 1: But the Canada thing, I think is important for a number of reasons that are relevant to this moment too, which is we're less than eighty days from the midterms. We have these senate races in states that but Canada, Maine, Michigan. Those are two seats of Democrats. Alaska desperately need to win and they're competitive, and like, this is a gift to doctor l said, it's a gift to Troy jen It's a gift to Marry Potola to explain to us why.
Speaker 3: All these all of these states you're talking about right now, Correctly, you've exactly identified the issue. These states conduct a tremendous amount of their own economic enterprise between themselves in Canada. I mean Michigan and Canada have traditionally over what was the the old bridge and now the new bridge. Billions and billions of dollars every single day go back and forth between these countries. Whether it's food or auto parts, everything is. It is a massive, massive economic driver for that economy. And if you want to put a single party behind the damage that's going to do to Michigan's economy, it's Donald Trump's party. Not only because it's Donald Trump doing it, but also because not a single Republican will stand up and say, mister President, these tariffs are wrong and they're hurting us. You know that's going to happen again in Maine, Susan Collins can say I just feel these parts aren't right. But since you'll go and vote for every single thing Trump wants, it's going to really hurt her. In Alaska, same story, Mary Peltola is going to go to Sullivan and say, hey, you back the tariffs that are hurting our economy, and he's gonna have to say, Muhammed Ahamahammada, Donald Trump is a genius. They are in a bad spot on these and even broader than that, Molly one of the groups in America you could profile as being some of the most pro Trump people in the world. Cattlemen and farmers and ranchers. Okay, they have been screwed this week by the announcement that Trump is going to bring in six hundred thousand tons of Brazilian and Argentinian mystery meat to try to bring the price of beef down. And the reason American cattlemen and ranchers and farmers have been so hurt is his tariffs have destroyed their overseas markets, soybeans, corn, timber, and his war has driven up the price of fertilizer and fuel. And so you've got this weekend, there's a grassroots explosion happening across this country of people who voted for Trump three times, who voted Republican three times in the last three election cycles, who are reddist red state guys, and they're like, I'm done, He's killing our farms.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, it is so interesting because we do really have like Donald tripp is doing the opposite of what his voters wanted him to do. And I think the other thing about the tariffs, besides the specifics of like hurting the specific economies of these states is that it will. It ultimately makes things more expensive too, So if you're trying to get things to be cheaper, which is I mean the irony here I feel like is the Biden administration. You would watch them desperately trying to get inflation to go down, and they would do everything they could do it and it didn't work because very hard to get inflation to go down. Here's Donald Trump doing things to make inflation go up.
Speaker 3: Correct he is that every action he's taking with tariffs is directly inflationary, every single one. And by the way, Molly, one of the inflationary things about this that the White House was not smart enough to figure out is grocery store chains are going to buy this cheap beef and not lower their prices. They're going to keep the profit off the cheap beef. They're gonna keep the beef prices where they are right now. They can't cut prices because they are all driven by the quarterly report. You know world that they all live in. They've all they've all got to report their earnings every quarter, and if they cut prices when they've gotten opportunity, they're gonna get punished by their shareholders. They're they're not driven by the market incentives people think they are. They don't care about market share. They're all pretty much not monopolistic. But in most places, most states, there's pretty much a very narrow range. So they're not gonna be competing on price. They're gonna they're gonna pocket. They're gonna pocket the savings that they're gonna get by this cheaper beef coming in from overseas, and consumers are still gonna get screwed. So Trump hurts farmers, ranch cattlemen, but doesn't actually help consumers in the end. It's an act of tre genius. I don't know if we've ever had a smarter president than this, except all of the rest of them.
Speaker 1: But there is also the world in which these Donald Trump does something that capitalists love to scream about, which is price controls.
Speaker 3: You know, as I grew up in that free market Republican party, we were always so in love with with price controls.
Speaker 2: It was really our favorite.
Speaker 3: Thing to do that and seizing the means of production of course another of our favorite things.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, that's the communists.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's amazing though. Donald Trump said we're going to run on communism this midterm. So none of that. I mean, I'm old enough to remember that when they had those fake caravans, right, they're not even bothering with the caravans. They're just gonna do communism this time. But they're also going to do price controls and seizing public companies.
Speaker 3: All I can say is is the combination of taking over companies at from the White House, where where as we are all aware, the Trump family is getting some slice of each one of these companies on the back end, somehow there's some deal going out.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fact that.
Speaker 3: He's done that for dozens of companies now, basically taking them over as as US government entities. Now, I mean, at some point, why doesn't he take over Walmart and call it the Trump distribution system Trump?
Speaker 2: It would not.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have even said that he's going to get that idea in his head now and do it. But you know he's doing everything. Oh what are hallmarks of communist systems? Taking over the means of production? Check controlling who can produce what where and when? Check secret police force in the streets.
Speaker 2: Check.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, play the internationale instead of the national anthem for this guy.
Speaker 2: Because that's what it looks like more and more right.
Speaker 1: And it's also I want to talk about sort of the landscape for minute. So there was this big reporting from Maggie and Annie Karney about this meeting between Jared Kushner and you may know him as elected to nothing, yes, and Keem Jeffries, you may know him as wanting desperately to be the Speaker of the House. Talk us through what you think that, what's your take on that?
Speaker 3: So neither party is talking about it yet, but we know the meeting took place from this excellent reporting, And all I have to say to Hakem is, what the fuck, dude? There is zero reason whatsoever to meet with the president's son in law, who is his bag man, who is also in the pocket of various Middle Eastern oil interests and billionaires as their bagman, who is also running around the world as a non credentialed diplomat for the president, seeking basically bribes for Donald Trump in these countries in exchange for foreign policy favors. Jared Kushner presents in this mild sort of Westworld robot way, but he is lavishly and wildly corrupt. Kim Jeffrey should have had the judgment to never take a meeting with this guy, because that guy, if the Democrats win, needs to be in front of committees being investigated rather than getting a meeting with the future speaker. I don't know if there was some motivation for them to meet other than Donald Trump offering is goddamn resignation.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I'm not and it's seventy days to the election. Molly, why would you do this? Why on earth would you do this?
Speaker 3: I want to I would love to know an explanation, but I ain't seeing one so far.
Speaker 1: So you want to, can we let's do a game for a minute where we guess who hooked them up? Who broke this meeting? Because I have a guess, and I want to.
Speaker 2: I have a guess. I think it was Chuck Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 1: Really, that's not my guess. You tell me why you think that?
Speaker 3: Because he knows the dad and he and I'm sure he knows Jared enough, and why why.
Speaker 2: Would he do it?
Speaker 3: Because he still believes that my honorable friends across the aisle can be negotiated with.
Speaker 1: Okay, so my guess, you're ready for my guest? My guess is there are there are donors who donate BOTA Trump and some Democrats, and they said to Keim, you got to meet with Jared.
Speaker 3: I think that's as good an explanation as mine, and maybe better.
Speaker 1: Because your explanation gives him more benefit of the doubt. Right. If Chuck has put this together, it's because there's anxiety that Trump is going to mess with the midterms and they're trying to back channel with Jared.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. So far, I think you could. You could.
Speaker 3: I think you could put the evidence of Trump messing with the midterms, you know, as as as unqualified fact at this point.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: See, but I still don't know that that. I don't know that Hakeem or Chuck Schumer would would burn the world down even if they knew about it. That's my that's my fear is that they're just going to be too passive about everything. But the optics of taking this meeting, there better be a really good reason for it.
Speaker 1: Right, So if Chuck Schumer organized it, at least there's the possibility that it was for protecting the midterms, making sure that the new House gets seated if they win. You could make a case that they had more less nefarious goals. If a big Democratic slash Trump Donori, of which we know there are not many, but there are a bunch of people who know.
Speaker 2: There's a meaningful number of those. There's a there's a non zero number of those. I mean, that's a real group.
Speaker 1: If those people did a meet and arranged eating between Jared and Hakim, then what do we think they were doing, Because I think they were trying.
Speaker 2: To protect it, trying to protect what apec.
Speaker 1: IPAK and Israel writ large.
Speaker 2: Could be could be.
Speaker 3: But I will say this again, Jared Kushner is not an honest broker in this fight, right. He is not a legitimate representative of the of even the president in this fight, because yes, he's the son in law. But but we now have a decade of evidence about who Jared Kushner is. He is not representing America's interests. He is representing the interests of the people who own him and his hedge fund from the Middle East, from Saudi and from Qatar. And I do not see Jared as a as an honest broker in this if.
Speaker 2: It's about Israel.
Speaker 3: If it's about Israel, they could have said so, and and and Hakim would have had some cover on that from from a meaningful number of his Look, some of his cocks would have been pissy about it, most of its causes would, right. But my fear is that is that Jared presents less trumpy right then than the weirdos and the Yahoos and the and the and the dipshits in the cabinet. That does not make him less dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think we'll see what happens with that. But remember the the elections in Israel happened a month before the elections in America.
Speaker 3: So and so I talked to somebody on Thursday.
Speaker 2: You said, it's Israel's going through the usual thing.
Speaker 3: Right now, There's there are some you know, aggressive candidates going up against BB, and BB is pulling out all the stops, all the extra legal bullshit. And and this person is not a fan of bby met Yahoo by any conceivable stretch the imagination. And he's like, listen, I still give the guy odds to win because he's just he's just he appeals to enough of those small religious parties and enough of his traditional base that he's going to try to cling on. Would it be better for the world if he wasn't absolutely, But what if Netanyah who wins another term. I think it's very concerning for for the prospects of of of not the U. S, but but for the globe because you know, if you want to look at the proximate cause of Trump taking the bait on Iran, it's that teleconference that he had with Yaho where net who psyched him into it. Because Trump is not that smart and he's not that he's not that good at this at this game, and Netanyahu is a master of this game.
Speaker 1: Rick Wilson, well, drunk fast, will you come back?
Speaker 2: You bet?
Speaker 4: You