Speaker 1: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now. This peace Clippers talk on Aaron on Demand.
Speaker 2: The Clippers show up, record.
Speaker 3: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 1: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 4: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 5: Here we are and.
Speaker 3: Now here he is the host of your LA Clippers free and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 1: Great to have a little distraction, Great to have some Clippers basketball, and great to have a victory tonight. Is they win one oh nine to ninety eight over the Miami Heat. Add into a dome. I'm at a Moslin This is Clipper stock coming up. You're gonna hear postgame audio from coach lou and the players. Is the Clippers improved at twenty one to seventeen on the season and they're taking on one of the worst teams in the league. Backing into a dome on Wednesday against the Brooklyn Nets. If you'd like to get on eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. There's some people in here disagreeing with me. They want the smoke call in, call in, pull up, then call in the Clippers talk tonight. I'll hope you understand why Chris Dunn is so invaluable to this team. How he can go one for ten out there, oh of six from three and still be a plus ten and win his minutes. Because it turns out, if you're holding the other team down with great defense, even if you struggle with your individual offense, you can still make a huge impact on winning the ballgame. Oh, by the way, he also had to eight assists. Seems kind of important to just two turnovers. The reason coach lou has wanted Chris Dunn out there is to have another ball handler. That was the reasoning behind playing him versus Derek Jones Junior, who will also get starts. It is a rotating situation with those two players right now, but Chris Dunn has started all three games with Kawhi Leonard back in the starting lineup so far. But I think by the end of the season Derek Jones Junior will be in the starting lineup if the Clippers are fully healthy, with Kawhi Leonard back to playing thirty to thirty five minutes. This Clippers team, though tonight, really flexed their muscles in the second half and it kind of started earlier in that second quarter for them because the game was a struggle defensively in the first when Miami was hitting everything and playing at a faster pace. Uncharacteristically playing at a much faster pace than we anticipated. No Bam out of Bio that came out about an hour before tip off, so they kind of switched to their style up. It was all running through Tyler Hero and he got off to a really good start and they were knocking down three pointers, he and Kevin Love, and that first quarter was problematic for the Clippers defense, but a lot of it was just hot shooting from the Miami heat. There were some open shots, but let me tell you, there was some open shots in the second half of they missed. Just because they're open doesn't mean a team makes each and every one. That's why we have data now where you can see open shots, what team shoot, wide open shots, what team shoot. Tyler Hero had two three pointers in the first quarter, Kevin Love hit three of them in his seven minutes, and the Clippers were down by seven thirty five to twenty eight. I didn't hate the way they were playing. I didn't hate the way they were scrambling defensively, I felt like there was a heat culture shock because Miami typically plays slower. Instead, it looked like they were playing faster, a more wide open game without Bam out there, and they had basically a five out lineup. They had multiple guys that could shoot from the outside, and they took it advantage of that with the Clippers, which kind of frustrated me. Was a beats Zubats. He had seven points in the first quarter, started three of three, had seven and four, and even though and I know, I know, I know, he ended with twenty one and twenty, I'm still frustrated with him not getting more opportunities because he was that good tonight. Because Miami without Bam, they don't have the interior defense to hang and I think there was an easier way to win this game, maybe or at least score in uh the first half. When to start that second quarter, the Clippers had just three points the first five minutes of the second The good news was Miami only had two, but the Clippers were still down by five at the half. Now, as for how Kawhi Leonard looked early on, he missed a three pointer to start on the left wing, was short with it missed a mid range shot that kind of swirled in and out on the left elbow, but then had a jumper out of a timeout on the right elbow, and I had said, I bet you they're going ato to Kawhi Leonard out of this timeout, and surely enough that's what happened. Dad, follow out of may you can follow me for stuff like that. Then he pulled up, hit another midi with some quickness as he blew by his defender and Terry Rozier to pull up on the far side mid post for it look good. Went to the bench that was on the first quarter at the four to forty seven mark. Came back in the second quarter, missed a three, missed a left elbow jumper a step back on his defender. It was a nice move. He just couldn't get to go. Third quarter, missed a three pointer. He had a couple of steals though that I think helped turn the game in the clippers favor, help gather momentum and really never relinquish it. They were up sixty two to sixty one, I believe when Kawhi Leonard left the game right at the six minute mark of the third quarter, and he had back to back steals. Heimi Hawkes was just throwing the basketball away. I don't know if he was trying to do too much tonight. And he's had an off year or sophomore slump, you could say, after he finished fourth and Rookie of the Year last season for Miami. But he ended up with five turnovers. That's the outlier for them getting to fifteen turnovers when they only averaged thirteen. Heimi hawk As junior himself had five trying to do a little bit too much, too much dip on the chip, you could say, just Kawhi was snatching the ball away from him right before he was subbed out at that six minute mark. He did miss a gimme in transition that you don't typically see Kawhi Leonard miss. So there's still some rusts there. It's not perfect, but I said I wanted to see him knock down something in the mid range because he hadn't done that yet through two games, and he hit two, both in the first quarter. So Kawhi ends up with six points total, three of nine shooting, five boards, two steals in twenty one minutes a plus two as the Clippers were just starting to take the lead. When he left the ballgame. I want to say, I want to say it was sixty two sixty one. Yes it was. So they led by one. Kawhi Leonard goes out in the third quarter, but also right before that, James Harden had just scored a couple of threes and a floater, so he had what eighth straight points for them at one point in that third quarter, but Kawhi go Then Norm hits a three after a steal by Chris Dunn, who people aren't realizing is that good defensively that he can make up for a night where he goes one of ten from the field. Zuo had some great defense on a Tyler Hero drive. Norm hits another three pointer. It's seventy sixty three Clippers. Then they go small ball to end the quarter with batoum Amir, DJ KPJ and James Harden to end the third quarter, and Harden has this unbelievable long outlet pass to Kevin Porter Junior over the top of the defense for a layup. Then a steal by DJ puts the Clippers up eight at seventy four to sixty six. Harden clamped Tyler Hero on a possession on the left wing where he couldn't drive on him. Then but Toom had a block who was a takeaway. They couldn't capitalize on that. But then Harden had a step back three to put the Clippers up nine with thirty one seconds left. Then good defense on Heimi Hoki as Harden cause the turnover and then gets a floater to end the third quarter. He has thirteen half of his twenty six points in the third quarter alone. Norm had eleven points in the third. The Clippers went on a twenty eight to nine run at one point, and they led by eleven at seventy nine to sixty eight coming out of the third. They won the fast break points in the third quarter seventeen to two. The Clippers defense led to offense again. This Miami Heat team, they don't turn the ball over much tonight. They had fifteen and the Clippers turn make it sixteen and the Clippers turn that in to twenty seven points. That is a huge number and the Clippers only had twelve turnovers. My key to this ballgame coming in you know Miami's they're probably not going to turn over much, so you gotta be more sound with the basketball so you still win the possession battle. Miami did turn it over more than usual, and the Clippers turned it over less than usual. In fact, you look at the box score, you take away who had more turnovers, you would think, okay, yeah, the Clippers had their usual sixteen turnovers and Miami had their usual twelve. But no Clippers beat them at their own game, so that was good to see. Clippers got up ninety three shots, Miami eighty five. Some of that was because they went to the free throw line. In fact, at one point, Tyler Hero had more free throws attempted the entire Clippers team. He had twelve in the ballgame. You know what, he ended up with more free throws than the entire Clippers team. He had twelve than the Clippers had, or he had two more than the Clippers had. With twelve free throws attempted, the Clippers as a team attempted just ten. But for the seventh time this season, the Clippers got twenty plus from their Big three. Norman Powell was twenty nine, I beached, the Zubox was twenty one. James Harden went twenty six. Guess what that ties? They're Big three all having twenty plus points all of last season. What was the Big three, then James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George. They had seven instances where all three of those players last season had twenty plus points. The Clippers now have that same seven number of times with insert instead of Kawhi you can say it's a beat to Zubots instead of Paul George, you can say addition, by some subtraction, it's Norman Palell and the new big three with Big Zoo was Zuno with him and James Harden next to Norman Powell has already matched last seasons seven times. Seven instances of their Big three back with Kawhi, PG and James Harden all going for twenty plus points in a game. It happens seven times last season. It's already happened with this new big three seven times this year. That is impressive the way the Clippers have been able to do this. I couldn't be I say it all the time, but more proud of this team. They got back to playing much better defense in this game. Outside of hot Miami heat shooting in the first quarter, the defense was great. I know Miami put up a thirty spot in the fourth, but there was some garbage time at the end where they scored some buckets, but overall, the Clippers defense was outstanding and Miami only happened thirteen points in the second quarter. I know they don't have Bam, they don't have Jimmy. The Clippers have Kawhi on a twenty minute limit and not looking like himself yet, but still positive signs. But I'm just saying they're not fully up to speed. I'm sure Miami will look better the next time they play them. But part of this was just the Clippers defense being that good, doing what they're supposed to do, what we've been accustomed to seeing this season. Clamp City has returned. So this is a really positive and solid win for this Clippers team after four days off, and I know, really encouraging and any joy you can get right now here in Los Angeles, you will take breath of fresh air. Could say it's just nice to see basketball, nice to see the Clippers' identity and them getting back to basics and getting a victory. Just a nice distraction, something else to focus on for a couple hours. Right, That's what we're looking for here in southern California. Before we break, let's go to Ryan and Santa Ana, how are.
Speaker 6: You, hey, Adam, how's it going.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm hanging in there. We're all trying to appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 6: What's yeah, Bro, Seriously, I'm super proud of Zoo with his twenty twenty game. I'm really glad that he's been breaking out this season.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: For some reason, the first half it's always very difficult. The three point defense is always off and then somehow, some way, the the other team is always like slowing down in the second half, so that always helps out. Our defense is great to Kawai needs to take a little bit of time, so with the next two games it should be working out. But I'm really proud of our team. I'm really loving it and they make me happy with all of this going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 6: Ryan.
Speaker 1: You know, it's good to have some joy and take that away from this ball game. I know we all have to get back to reality of what's been happening here with Los Angeles with the wildfires, but why not get a little bit of a break here in Watching near Los Angeles Clippers play the right way get a win can lift your spirits a little bit. We'll take what we can get right now. As the Clippers win one O nine to ninety eight over the Miami Heat. Something you said there, though, Ryan just feels like as time goes on, they tighten the vice script or the clamps. The Clippers defense just starts to set in more and more and make life more difficult. They figure you out as the game goes along. Jeff Van Gundy, that defensive scheme, that aggressive brand of defense by the Clippers. They had a possession where it was KPJ and Batoom who both had a block. Was it on hero in that third quarter? It was just a really spectacular effort. And I thought KPJ got off to a really slow start, started zero five. I was a little bit frustrated with some of the shots selection, but up having a good ballgame and defensively he had a couple of blocks. He only credited him with one. There was a possession where he and but Toom took turns getting blocks. And that's the Clippers brand of basketball. It has to be everyone doing it. Even James Harden had a couple of really good possessions defensively, It's not what he's typically known for. He had twenty six eleven assists, just four turnovers. Great job taking care of the basketball. But in the second half he had a great defensive possession against Tyler Hero who had thirty two, and he didn't want to go to work against James Harden, who had a different level of focus on the left wing. On this particular possession I'm thinking of in the second half, everybody's got to do it. James has said that much like they can't all go out there and scrap and play like this. I just don't give any effort on the defensive end. Grand Yeah, it can be spotty at times, but with everything that is asked of him on the offensive end, I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We will take a quick time out. We'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls, Alan, Mike Jose hold on for me. Clippers, hold down for the city. One oh nine ninety eight. They get the victory over the Miami Heat. Clipernation, you can take a little bit more out of this one. Just hey, we gotta watch a basketball game tonight. We gotta watch the Clippers victory. Love the way they played. It's something. It's something right now during these trying times. I'm Adam Mosland and you're listening to Clippers hockeyre on the m by seven E LA Sports.
Speaker 3: The LA Clippers. You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Clippers win one on nine eight over the Miami Heat. Try to take solace in just a Clippers victory right now. Obviously it has been a difficult week here in Los Angeles, to say the least. And you're looking for any positives Clibernation. You got once tonight Clippers went by eleven over Miami. I'm out of Maslin. This is Clippers Talk coming up. We got postgame audio from coach lou But let's get back to the phones. Alan calling from Are you still in the swell Allan or you just were there earlier at the wall?
Speaker 7: I was there earlier. I'm driving home to Silver Lake. But you know, it was a lot of fun. Everybody was really nice to each other. It was good to be in that group and asking everybody how they are, you know, just to nitpick one thing or just to notice something. It looked like Dary Jones really hurt his arm there his hand and he shot his hand and he shot that last free throw and he's barely moving that arm. And then Tyler had to call a time out basically because he wouldn't come out of the game, it looked like. And that was what that last weird time out was for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a tough guy. He ended up going to the locker room. He left the game. We'll give you an update on that if we have it, or we can find one.
Speaker 7: And you know, not to kick him when he's down. But I do want to say he's got a great game, but he's got no arc on his three point shots, on his long range shots, and it's a little frustrating to watch.
Speaker 1: Well, they look good when you shot fifty percent from three the first twelve games, right, Alan, Well, you know they didn't look good.
Speaker 7: You know you're mister stats. You know you're you're ruthless and relentless with with defeating every possible complaint I ever have.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to be it's just staring me in the face. How do I not mention how good he shot it early in the season?
Speaker 7: Okay, so what happened? Why has he got no arc on a shot? I mean, he's They're clanking over and over again. It's frustrating to watch he is a.
Speaker 1: Career thirty three point shooter. He's currently shooting or heading into this game with shooting thirty five percent from three, So just like slightly below league average, he is going through a regression to the mean. That's typically what happens. Somebody starts off hot, eventually it goes either way. It's happened to Chris Dunn two. He's also a thirty two career three point shooter.
Speaker 7: So I like Chris dunnshots. They look like good shots, they're just not going in.
Speaker 1: I short, I'm more of a result driven guy, not just how it looks. If it's esthetically pleasing, but it doesn't go in, it doesn't mean anything more to me.
Speaker 7: Alan, But we know that those shots are supposed to have an ARC on him, and this physics tells you they go in better with an ARC on him.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure you know.
Speaker 1: Kawhi sometimes has kind of a line drive three point shot, yet he's one of the better three point shooters. I mean, there's been plenty of guys that go against that theory. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: What you know, don't be over and over again. Maybe I'm here just to be the heel for you to win argument so listen, I'm happy with that role. It's great to hear you. I'm a big fan. I'm going to leave it at that. Thank you, Adam all.
Speaker 1: Right, calling on Wednesday again, Alan, Hopefully both guys shoot a little bit better from three.
Speaker 7: Thanks all right?
Speaker 1: Uh Mike in La Mike Aaron clippers stock without a MAS and what's up Mike?
Speaker 5: Well, first, obviously, I think we all needed this game. This was great, This is much much needed. But what was what was the reason why Kallengs didn't play? Was he injured or was he like injured or is it just a coaching decision thing.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from coach Lou on that in a little bit here.
Speaker 5: Anything else, Mike, Yeah, I mean you know what I guess the previous caller was also saying, is Chris Dunn. You know he's you know, bumping, but I think he's still got to keep shooting those and then yes he does.
Speaker 1: All these people are saying, stop shooting them. It's like, oh, you want to play four on five? Is that how you want to play? Like they had to do with Russ at times? If he stopped shooting because he's in a slump, A pretty steep one right now, Like teams are never going to respect him. Guys, Chris Dunn has to keep shooting those wide up in three pointers or else he gets really problematic. I know he went oh for six. I know it doesn't look good right now. He also shot forty five percent from three the first twelve games of the season. He's not as bad as it's looked lately. He's not as good as it was to start the season. He's not as bad as it looks now. Like if you don't shoot those, eventually you become a real liability on the offensive end, to the point where, yeah, his defense won't be able to make up for his lack of offense.
Speaker 5: And he did have eight assists also I saw.
Speaker 1: I mean, which was great to two turnovers.
Speaker 5: Eight assists, so like two turnovers, yeah, which is a phenomenal ratio. So I mean, you know it's good. I mean he needs to keep shooting them and just shoot his way out of it. I mean, you know, the extent of Canada, I don't know what other options there are.
Speaker 1: At least he's not turning them. At least he's not turned him down, because that's when it's over. If you're not shooting him. I appreciate the phone call, Mike. That's when it becomes a real issue. The only way is to keep shooting those shots. That's it. You can't do what Terrence Man had done at times, which is just stop taking them. You got to shoot your way out of this. And I'm not worried about Chris Dunn, you know, turning down shots. I just don't see him as that guy. And he had been a little bit better the last thirteen games heading into this one. He was shooting about thirty two percent from three. It's not great, but it wasn't er six either. Was tonight. Let's hear from coach Lou postgame after the Clippers were victorious. They won one O nine to ninety eight. We'll get to him here in just a second. I know some of the people in the chat were talking about Chris Dunn lack of offense. Guys, he leads them even with his lack of offense, he leads them in the plus minus. He leads them in plus minus on the season. They typically win his minutes always.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Here was Coach Lou post game after the Clippers win one O nine to ninety eight. Add into a dome over the heat.
Speaker 8: R in the thirty one points quarter there and where the offense finally started clicking for your shot.
Speaker 9: For being made.
Speaker 2: Was it dis employement the shots were being made or what?
Speaker 1: Did you see?
Speaker 2: It kind of change for the games?
Speaker 10: Not there you I think a combination of both, you know, shots being made about James really got going to I was propelled to to propose to win.
Speaker 2: But I thought, we figure out the zone and how we wanted to attack you, and we talked about it the last two days and then we.
Speaker 10: Got some good shots in that first half and we still kind of slowly kind of staggering and getting 'em.
Speaker 2: And I thought in that second half we really.
Speaker 10: Did a good job of just locking into how we wanted to execute it against that zone, and we was able to really get some good shots.
Speaker 2: You, like you said, knocked down the shots as well. Uh, we didn't think carriage play.
Speaker 9: Today I'm wondering what, uh what's kind of the thinking with him and did you have a conversation.
Speaker 2: With him before the gall but they had I had a conversation with before him what was the thinking and kind of changed their rotation shops.
Speaker 9: But you thout I just wanted to see.
Speaker 1: Something taking with it turns back. It could be out of the rotation.
Speaker 2: They think that's going on. I'm much attack the tribute to the slow stuff for you guys. Did he could have had a lot to do with it, but uh, as well as the zone.
Speaker 10: I thought the the zone slows down and made us stagnant. We didn't make quick decisions early on in the game, and so we kind of got stagnant. And I thought the second half did a much better job of executing against his own and you know, supposed to master putting the zone out there and you know, making you stag and making you think second guests. We had some open shots, so we getting taped early on, and you know, we just didn't look good in their first half offensively, and then second half we kind of figured it out and coach defensively, they only had four turnovers in the first half, but you got Sportsball thirteen and fourteen.
Speaker 2: I'm the leading the rest of the way.
Speaker 10: He talked about the activity you guys have showing your hands and getting deflections.
Speaker 2: He had though on the second half going small.
Speaker 10: I thought Obama did a great job for us in that first half and then second half we went small to be able to switch their pick and rollers, so child yoll couldn't get downhill and attack and putting the zoo in a your situation with Kevin Love and so we went small, was able to switch, were able to get some steals to get out in transition to get some deflections, and it.
Speaker 2: Was good for us.
Speaker 1: Ty uh, Chris, Chris had to rob shoot the ninety nine s had of been on the strep Wherds had a rock shooting strip for the last couple of games.
Speaker 2: Kind of how how do you get them out of that? You know that fuck that he's in offensively?
Speaker 10: No, just take good shots when you open you gott you know, step up and shoot 'em and.
Speaker 2: Be ready to knock him down. And he brings as much more to us than you know, knock him down shots.
Speaker 10: You know, it's him on the floor being able to guard the best player every seamle night. The way he competes, he raises our level defensively, and so everything he brings offensively for us, we need every bit of it.
Speaker 2: And so that's that's where he's great for us.
Speaker 10: If he make shots, you make shots, but you know you're getting you know, one or two shots in quarter.
Speaker 2: It's kind of hard to you know, really catch a rhythm. But he'll be fine. We have conference.
Speaker 10: He can make those shots and take those shots, and so just gotta stay with him.
Speaker 5: And and late in his first quarter stint, Kawhi had a couple of mirroring to pull ups that he made.
Speaker 2: Ha, how do how do you assess how he was moving tonight? Did he seemed like he was moving? I can't really assess it because there was a lot of zone tonight.
Speaker 10: Like I said, we really couldn't get into an offensive rhythm. Was able to figure it out. We talked about it halftime. Don't try to, you know, get a rhythm. Just win the game, you know. And so when they're playing zone, it's gonna be sporadic shot, but you know, wouldn't get a better gauge, you know.
Speaker 8: Going into Wednesday, ty Derek was grabbing in his hand. Verus ariafre went back to the locker, roovy or anything on him. He he's fine, Uh.
Speaker 10: Think okay, he said, any saintan go back into the game, So you know, we'll see I'm tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Hi Fields.
Speaker 11: And then with Kawhi, you've been keeping them right around twenty yes, there are a certain of games at twenty eighties to have before that gets pumped up.
Speaker 1: I think, so we're gonna jump back. I want to hear that part about Derek Jones Junior Zone tonight, like you.
Speaker 10: Saying we're getting to an offensive rhythm.
Speaker 2: Was able to figure it out.
Speaker 10: We talked about a halftime. Don't try to you know, get a rhythm. Just win the game, you know, And so when they're playing zone, it's gonna be sporadic shots, but you know, wouldn't get a better gauge, you know, going into Wednesday.
Speaker 8: Ty Derek was grabbing in his hand verus ariafore it went back to the locker, Roovy or anything on him.
Speaker 2: He's fine, Uh, he's fine, he said, any saintan go back into the game.
Speaker 8: So you know, we'll see I'm tomorrow, Hi Fields and then with Kawhi you've been keeping them right around twenties.
Speaker 11: There are certain n of games at twenty eighties to have before that gets bumped out.
Speaker 6: Question, I think, so do you know who that is?
Speaker 7: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you forgot it. I can't remember.
Speaker 12: I hear the like trying another another block.
Speaker 9: Question, y'all?
Speaker 2: E though the shooting was a real struggle for the whole team.
Speaker 8: The defense, you wanted to see that he re established that kept you in the game while the offense got got it together.
Speaker 9: Uh, I didn't how to gowaid and kind of play.
Speaker 10: A role in, you know, keeping that defense maintain until the shots came out.
Speaker 2: I thought he did a good job.
Speaker 4: In the past.
Speaker 10: Lands got a couple of inflections, a couple of steals, and then I thought he got activated, you know, once we went small and he was guarding Kevin Love and putting Zoo on hot kids.
Speaker 2: I thought he kind of activated the musicum would.
Speaker 10: Switch more getting to the ball, pushing the ball with keptn Love catching the ball at the time of the key. But like I said, it was a he was a tricky game, you know, just his own kind of slowed us down and we wasn't able to play at the pace we wanted to play in.
Speaker 2: So we'll see next.
Speaker 10: Game, Coach sh You know, playing against lefties is it's always tough, especially when you see so many right handed players. You guys have you know, f four guys to night attacking a vasity like h How tough do you think it is for you know, coaches to kind of adjust their games playing when.
Speaker 2: You you have these skilled lefties. I don't think so, but I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, with a right hand player, you send them week get on to his left hand, and with a left hand player you seems.
Speaker 2: Strong to his right hand.
Speaker 10: I mean, I mean even a big difference, you know, I don't think, but you know, be able the.
Speaker 2: Numbers see something different.
Speaker 10: But you know, for me, just the biggest things just understanding, like you said, your coverage is because you used to play with against most right handers. But making sure we you know, making the right adjustments when we go into a game playing against left handers.
Speaker 2: But for our team, I really don't know.
Speaker 9: Coach, How did it feel to be out there tonight after every playing sim skin Thrill actually dance.
Speaker 10: I mean it was hard, you know, it was hard just understanding what everyone's going through the whole city and just you know, everyone rallying behind each other, just trying to do what they can to help support friends, families, neighbors like I've talked about, and.
Speaker 2: It's a tough time, you know, so we're just here to support tryna let uplift.
Speaker 10: People with you know, playing basketball. See if we're putting smiles on faces. See if we can have people to gather and you know, watch the game and do something different to try and take their mind off of it.
Speaker 2: But it's tough times right now.
Speaker 10: We understand that, and uh us as a team and organization, you know, we're trying to do everything we can to help and you know, we just gotta get through it.
Speaker 2: You know, just stay strong and get through it. That's fun ay close to y'all.
Speaker 10: Went on a eight OVERAM with James Harden when it was sixty two to sixty three in the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Was that the turning point of the game you think?
Speaker 9: Or was more so the defense and the second half that kind of.
Speaker 2: Changed the game both.
Speaker 10: I thought James getting going offensive feeding that third quarter really helped us oute offensively, you know, hit some step back three, he's got to the back, and then our defense you know, picked up, I said up once he was able to switch one to five, get the pass the LANs, get some steals, some deflections, get out in the transition. I mean, it was good for us, but James shot making a third quarter was huge for us.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: There was Coach lou postgame Clippers win one o nine to ninety eight over the Miami Heat. So some people in here said, Oh, I know Derek Jones Jr. He's always fine. He always comes up fine with these things. He looks like he's hurt and then he's fine. Y'all know he's missed games this season right with a hamstering injury. Just because he was fine in the past doesn't mean everything's going to be fine this time. Coach Lou thinks he's fine. They'll know tomorrow. I hope he's okay with that left hand injury. I'm well aware that he typically shakes these things off. It's not every time, and hopefully everything's fine with the left hand. Good to hear from Coach Lou hashtag l a strong. Good to see the Clippers play basketball. Good to see the Clippers get a victory and be back after it at into a Dome on Wednesday. More on that coming up. More of your phone calls eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy I'm outa Moslim and you're listening to Clippers talk here on the m five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: The l Lague Clippers you're listening to LA Clippers basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Some people in the chats and they can't hear. We don't play the commercials during the break, no sound with the casuals. Clippers win over the Miami Heat one oh nine to ninety eight. Kawhi Leonard had six points and twenty one minutes. He had those two jumpers in the first quarter and then the third quarter had a nice move in transition for a layup around Terry Rozier before leaving at the six minute mark. Left the Clippers in control with a one point lead at sixty two to sixty one. I don't think they relinquished it after Kawhi Leonard left the ballgame, had a couple steals. I don't think they ever gave it back.
Speaker 9: That was.
Speaker 1: Good to see the Clippers figure out the zone eventually. There was a sequence I'm trying to think of. This was the third quarter where the Clippers had some just impeccable passing.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 1: I want to say Kawhi to done to zubots Zoo caught a lot of assists from Chris Dunn in this one. But I think that was the sequence of just some really beautiful passing?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Was there enough of that in the first half. No, it took some time to figure things out for the Clippers. But the big three all scored twenty plus points. I'm not including Kawhi there. Vitza Zubats had twenty one and twenty and players in NBA history with twenty plus points and twenty plus rebounds and two plus blocks and zero fouls on sixty percent shooting in a game. Tim Duncan eleven years ago of Eata Zubats tonight, only two guys with that stat line. So when I expressed my displeasure when a Viza Zubats is not getting the basketball enough, and I saw he's nine to eleven in the game, why is he he touching it more? Why is he getting more involved? Because they couldn't stop them. And I always say there is an easier path to victory, and it's playing through a Visa Zubas. Even in a game like this, I felt like you could get up more than thirteen shots. James Harden got seventeen, Norm Powell got seventeen. Visa Zubos was crushing them without Bam. They had nothing for him. So are there things to work on? Was it a perfect game? No, but we got a basketball game tonight and a Clipper's victory, and we'll take that. With everything going on in the last week. Jose and Downey, you're on Clipper stock with Autam awesen, what's up, Hose.
Speaker 7: Hey man, Hey Adam, how you doing.
Speaker 5: I hope you're doing well.
Speaker 4: And all the listeners too, and a big shout out to offers responders, specifically those fighting them fires. I was there today at the at the game. I agree with you, wish that Zoe would have got the ball a little bit more even with them there. I mean not that I don't think BAM's a good defender or anything. It's just I think Zuo's slightly bigger than he would have got his. Still, those three point shots that they were the earlier callers was talking about, I mean, yeah, they have to be taken, uh because if not, you know, they're just gonna They're gonna stand off of them and then they're going to force everybody to go to the mill and it's gonna be uh, you know, congested them there. They do gotta take him. I would like to see a pump faker two. Sometimes, you know, when you're not shooting that hot, step in and see if something looks good for you.
Speaker 1: From seventeen pump faking what there's nobody in front of him. Chris Dunn is wide open for these shots.
Speaker 4: That's true, you know what.
Speaker 5: But I agree with you.
Speaker 4: It's not just Chris done. Chris Don, Derek Jones Jr. Kevin Porter Junior is having a little bit of a slump. I kind of feel like Kevin rushes his shots sometimes and and I wish you would just, you know, take a part that mid range because he does that well. But overall, I'm glad that that defense, that energy came up. And uh, you know what, to Wednesday Man to Wednesday. I hope everybody's doing well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you, Osa. I appreciate the well wishes out to Clipernation everybody here in Los Angeles. Of course, I extend similar sentiments. Everybody is just trying to look for anything positive right now, and Cliporation got something tonight.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I know some of you were talking about the Terrence Man conversations. So many of you came in saying, why didn't Terrence Man play, Why didn't Terrence Man play? Why do you think he didn't play because there's a rotations crunch. When they're healthy, there's a rotation crunch. There's a minute crunch. And coach, who was asked about a postgame said he talked to Terrence Man, had a conversation with him and said he wanted to see something. They ended up playing ten guys. Mobama played tonight, So maybe if Obama doesn't play, Terrence gets minutes. Doesn't mean it's gonna be a lot. I've been telling you, guys, I don't think KPJ is the odd man out. I've been telling you I think it's gonna be Terrence Man. I'm not shocked by this at all. Man got off to a super slow start this season, he lost his starting job, then he started to play better, and then had a broken left index finger. I don't think it means it's the end of Terrence Man as a Clipper, or he's getting traded tomorrow or anything like that. I think he is an asset and a guy teams will call about. But I expect him to play in one of the next two games. I don't know if coach lou Is gonna go to an eleven man rotation tonight. He played Bamba in the first half, who actually looked good. Mobamba looked solid. In his eight minutes, he had five and seven boards. So coach lu said, you're trying to see something.
Speaker 12: But if you think.
Speaker 1: KPJ is coming out of the second unit minutes he's been getting for Terrence Man, I think it's pretty unlikely. I guess really unlikely. KPJ offers more on ball juice, ability to create for himself and others. I think Terrence Man can do some of the creation for others. We've seen him play point guard.
Speaker 10: But this is where it is.
Speaker 1: He has a skill set that is duplicated by multiple players on this Clippers team. Now, when they brought in DJ, when they brought in when they brought back Patom, when they brought in Chris Dunn, I said, then, guys, Terrence Man, he's going to be pushed, and he was pushed out of the starting job. So I'm not surprised by this at all. Clippers win one tone eight over the Miami Heat. Over the Miami Heat add into a Dome. Look for more post game audio. Clippers back after it at the Dome on Wednesday against the Brooklyn Nets. I'm at a Mousland and you're listening to clipperstock here on the five seventy ls Sports.
Speaker 4: Clippers.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Clippers win one O nine to ninety eight over the heat. Add into a dome. A encouraging second half from your Los Angeles Clippers. We're all just nice to watch a basketball game. Great to watch the Clippers get a victory, look like themselves in the second half, hold a team under one hundred points. That was Clippers basketball tonight. Let's hear from Kawhi Leonard post game. Here was Kawhi this is coming from La Murray at La Murray the end. You who joined me pre game of course Law Murray of the athletic. Here was Kawhi Leonard post game in the locker room.
Speaker 2: What a lot of the last couple of days you have been like for you even dendering few days here in La.
Speaker 9: Last few days we have practice for today Monday. So yeah, we have practice yesterday. The day before that. They gave us some time to our families to attend to Like everybody knows has been evacuations in La. She said, everybody rob kind of the ones that already affected. Uh, just keeping everyone study for your wednes down, you see, Just like I just said, just trying to get the pen in order, making sure that everybody is and I'm sure heyone is safe.
Speaker 4: What how did your you live in that area that's affected by the house entire How is your house, your neighbors, anybody?
Speaker 9: As we know, everybody is not okay, you've seen the house is burned down. So I found self exploding.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: There was Kawhi Leonard post game talking about the wildfires. Obviously didn't play in that game in Denver last Wednesday. Clippers players yesterday at practice, we're talking about how team man straight up said, you know, they didn't want to play that game. Tom was on his phone three minutes before tip off making sure his wife and kid were okay. Like, it was just a really difficult set of circumstances for the Clippers to have to play a basketball game. I'm not saying, you know that accounts for everything and them losing that game to Denver, but it's understandable that their minds were elsewhere. And there was Kawhi Leonard talking about it postgame. Clippers end up winning one o nine to ninety eight by eleven over the Miami Heat. Let's bring in Daniel West for how the West is one? Will be one?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'll take that. I'll take all of them.
Speaker 1: It was one yet because we got over half a season, will be one. Perhaps we need a standings update in the Western Conference.
Speaker 12: Alrighty So in the lead still with the thirty two six record of the Oklahoma City Thunder. Second, we had second and third playing tonight, very exciting. Second and second Houston Rockets twenty six and twelve. Third, the Grizzlies twenty five and fifteen. The Rockets won that tonight, fourth, holding things down right now, last team with the home field advantage at the moment twenty three and fifteen, Denver Nuggets in the five slot. The Mavericks at twenty two and seventeen. Then it gets very tight, Lakers at six, twenty and sixteen.
Speaker 9: Clippers.
Speaker 1: Just wait a second, wait a second, Lakers lost tonight. There's twenty at seventeen, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 12: Okay, very good, So we need to update this, yere. So we have the Lakers and Clippers here, and he'd update my deal, hear me?
Speaker 1: I But I hate refreshing, and let me tell you the Clippers jumped them to the NC.
Speaker 12: Go all right, let's see the update here.
Speaker 9: Look at that.
Speaker 12: That's beautiful. All right, yes, there it is. See look at that. Since we're talking here, I hit refresh. Here, let's update this sixth with the record of twenty one seventeen. You're LA Clippers falling to seventh, the LA Lakers twenty and seventeen. That's big because that's now the play in danger zone eight. The Minnesota Timberwolves, who won to night twenty one and eighteen. Ninth, the Sacramento Kings believe it's seven and one under Doug Christie.
Speaker 1: At the Helm there DC doing this night.
Speaker 12: Look at that twenty and nineteen. And then the last team in as of right now in the playing discussion, the night eighteen and nineteen Phoenix Suns.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Daniel wel Yeah, Clippers in that sixth spot, and they have a game of consequence coming up on Sunday, still two games before then. Cannot overlook anyone. Brooklyn on Wednesday into a Dome. Thursdays is to back to back. They'll be in Portland taking on the Blazers. But on Sunday will be the first Battle of Los Angeles game this season January nineteenth, and that one is at into a Dome. So the Clippers take on the Lakers four times in about the span of a month and a half. Because they haven't played each other yet, and the Lakers lost earlier to the San Antonio Spurs badly at home one twenty six to oneh two, Clippers are victorious as they resume the season with a one oh nine ninety eight victory over the Miami Heat. I hope Clipper Nation, you can take a little bit more out of this and just you gotta have a little bit of a distract tonight. You got something else to focus on, a break for a second from the unfortunate devastation with the wildfires going on in Los Angeles. Thoughts and prayers and also if you are able to donate, you know Red Cross, Salvation Army. There are places to go obviously, and I'm still praying for our guy Dime Dropper, who I know a lot of you donated. He has a GoFundMe link you can find it out follow out of May. I have it pinned at the top on my ex account. Before we get out of here. I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, Noah Ego, Carlo Jimenez, speaker brother Jake Warner, our head engineer, Daniel West back in Burbank, our producer. Until Wednesday at six thirty with the pregame show Clippers in Brooklyn Nets. I'm out of MASLM. We will talk to you then.
Speaker 3: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every gain.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 3: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 4: Clippers Talk Baby,