Speaker 1: Sarah Lace, adult film star, content creator, co host of the Burbank Misfits podcast, and my guest for the evening. You know exactly where you can find her at I Am Sarah Lace. Links to all of her social media and her website are in the episode description below. Please make sure you support the creators that come on the show, otherwise they stop coming on the show. Sarah, it's a pleasure to have you on this evening.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. Matt. Honestly, it has been a while since I have been a guest on a podcast. You know, usually I'm the one interviewing, But I are you excited for this?
Speaker 1: Number one complaint on my channel is, Matt, you asked a good question and then you followed it up with six more right next to each other, and she couldn't answer it. So it's good to have someone on who's a talker, who I can just ask a question. Just shut up, Matt, shut the fuck, don't say anything. Go let her talk, Sarah. Let me start with the super basic question. Okay, you're living in a vanilla life. At some point, normal boring you decide you need a change. How did you initially get into the adult entertainment industry and what field was it? Was it camming, stripping? Did you immediately go to start shooting for the big guys? Like where did you cross, not in a negative way, cross that line from the standard world into the industry.
Speaker 2: Funny enough, this actually is going to turn into a long story. Okay, the job I had before this, I was actually in the military. While I was in I was only doing photo shoots, usually bikini stuff some implied dude, but during that time it was never fully nude. But at some point my photos started going around and obviously people were enjoying it, but obviously that's not what they wanted for someone in the military. So we ended up parting ways and I kind of was like, all right, well, in a sense, I'm free, so let's do this. And I had a few friends who were models as well, and they, you know, they filmed some fetish stuff, some amateur scenes, and they kind of helped me get into that side of the industry. So I evolved from regular modeling to nude and then I actually started my very first scene. My friend I was supposed to go with her kind of just like as an escort because she was supposed to do like a bondage scene, some kind of some light BDSM floggy and stuff like that. But she had bruises from a previous BDSM scene that she did a couple of days ago. But I was unbruised. I didn't do anything like that, and so they didn't want to call the scene then and there, and they kind of just looked at me and were like, Hey, the opportunity is here. Would you like to film some fetish stuff? And at that point it was non penetration, but it was still like just like a little teas or an appetizer to what the industry was. And I truly truly enjoyed myself. And so from there I was just like, you know what, let's do this, you know, like maybe I'll stirt off with some solos. And then I hopped onto like amateur scenes and stuff like that and really just evolved to who I am now.
Speaker 1: So let me ask, this is not something I knew. I've done so many of these interviews I've talked to, like some of the queens of like BDSM and this and that. You can't have And I guess it does make sense. The girl you came along with you can't have bruises going into that scene. Is that do you think that's part of like the allure of the porn? Like you have this quote unquote clean like no marks or anything girl, and then you're marking her during the scene. Or was it not like a marking scene?
Speaker 2: So that scene wasn't necessarily a marking scene, but for them, they were thinking more about the actual the health and wellness of the actress. Oh yeah, like you're going to have to be tied up for three more hours and you already have bruises, which means that you know, your blood is quatty and there's stuff going on in you bodies trying to heal already. We can't be damaging your body even more during this healing process.
Speaker 1: That's so crazy that my first thought was, what's going to fuck up production? Now, let's move on to the next girl. I am not a monster, but I immediately was in that business mindset. I get it. Being in that mindset, you're like, hey, we got to get the shit done. You know today. I want to bring that up later because I want to talk about doing your own content and what it was like, you know, to switch over or to try and step into that world. But so let me ask this. This question's on here and you kind of gave the job backstory, so I don't know. But my question is, did you have any jobs before you got into the industry and did you take any of those skills and translate them to the adult world. Now you were in the military, what did we get? Did we get like organization? Like are you able to you talk? See? This is what I do?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Yes, I feel like I can definitely be hyper organized. I do think that sometimes that can be a fault because I will make so many lists and keep going and be like, Okay, for one day, I eat this list. Other days stuff like that. But one thing about me is I always try to do my research the best in my ability. So for example, we had this podcast, I actually have it on my schedule where our podcast is scheduled fifteen minutes earlier. Okay, all right, so I always try to be fifteen minutes early two things, or for example, for this I use those ten to fifteen minutes in order to set up my equipment and stuff. So it's the military definitely has helped me with scheduling, organization, structure.
Speaker 1: Insurance chew oh endurance is what that is interesting now. I just put this theory in my head and I've never thought of this before, but I always I'm like, well, let me try and come up with something unique for porn. And my last idea wasn't great. It was like Airbnb porn. It was like a lot of stationary cameras kind of around the house and you play up a scenario. And then another girl was like, they do that shit already and I was like, oh, all right, that's dumb. So what about porn star boot Camp? Have they done that yet? Or if you grab like girls who want to start only fans and we get them like a little bit more in shape, we get the endurance up. Nothing wrong with them, and there's all kinds of body types. I don't want to defend myself every time. I love everyone. Everyone's good. But we're telling these girls up a little bit more. We teach them about structure, about waking up early quick, get on chatterbait quick, d you know like we do that. Is there anything like that? And can we turn this into content?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't think that we have that just yet. I know that there are some kind of like reality style shows where they have people kind of like fake dating can get together or whatever. But I don't think we've done any kind of corn start boot camp. But what you were saying about endurance, though, is there's more than just physical endurance. There's mental endurance as well. So this boot camp would definitely be for all sizes if we do decide to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I wouldn't Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. And all right now, if this is too personal, please would tell me to dial back because I've heard this before. Are you? And again, I'm not going to delve deeper. I just want to make a greater point. Are you what they refer to as a legacy military brad or were you the first one in the military. I only asked that because you have a ton of performers in this industry. Anna Fox is who I think of who is a military brat. I believe Alex Falks got out of the military. There's been a few that I've actually like talked to. Is there something in that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: First off, first question, did you grow up like a military bret moving around at all?
Speaker 2: Or No? I actually was not. I'm actually first generation citizens, So okay, in a sense, my generation is the first ones to kind of make something of themselves within the US.
Speaker 1: That's great, and that's I mean, that is the American dream, you know. Literally, however, whatever you can do to make your way through the world, like you know, whoever's going to judge you isn't paying your fucking bills, so fuck almost right, Okay, So then I wonder what it is I need to do a deeper dive into that. You'll be in my group, my test group of people who I'm like, okay, former military, what caused you to decide to do this? Blah blah blah? All right, makes sense? Good.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you think about it, military people, you're running all that, you're dealing with things that are a high energy, high adrenaline. Yeah, and if you think about the fight and flight responses, what happens after that is the want to reproduce. Actually, it's just that human instinct. So in a sense, like after the adrenaline's gone down from the day, you kind of just want to fuck.
Speaker 1: Smartest breakdown I've heard of that, Yeah, that makes total sense to me. I bet the horniest dudes in the world are like under sea welders. A guy who's just in an intense situation and he comes up and he's like, I got to throw it in something. Please right now? Uh, let me ask this. And again, I don't like to delve too deeply, even though my show it's called Going Deeper. But what type of girl were you growing up? Were you like a shy good girl or like could people kind of telescope this might be a career path for you, Like, oh god, there's that Sarah Lad's girl again.
Speaker 2: Funny enough, I was actually that shy, nerdy girl kind of like a do gooder. I mean, I still skirted around the rules to an extent, like I was doing other people's homework for them, like I was getting paid good in that side hustle. But at the end of the day, I didn't just let people freely cheat. I still try to also make sure that they knew what they were learning or like whatever I'm supposed to. Like, if I'm supposed to write an essay for them, I'm still gonna kind of like tutor them on what that essay is about. They understand it, and then I'm just gonna write the essay for them and they'll give me like twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: Nothing blows me away more than interviewing performers who it's just so funny because you have the outside perception of performers. Right, here's my ignorant, thumb caveman perception. Sarah Lace wakes up, she goes to set, she does her hair, she fucks a guy, she comes home, and then she gets paid millions of dollars and you go, well, that does sound like a pretty good job. But when you actually look at this, what's so funny to me is I asked that question because I want to hear if like, you know, oh, you had a lot of boyfriends, or oh you couldn't keep a relation. Your answer was, oh, I would ethically do people's homework for them as long as I can explain it to them as well. It's like, oh, all right, so how do we connect the dots to here? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it was I was in that shy bubble for so long that I was like, you know what, let me just have my moment. Like, because I'm usually from Texas, and when I started, I was in California, so I was like, this is a whole new world. Sure, let's explore it. I'm an adult, I'm responsible, I know what I'm doing, and even my friend who took me to that first bud SM scene. She taught me all about like the rules for Kenson everything. So I was like, you know, what's a safe practice, Like there's paperwork and testing and so much involved. Let's do it, you know, let me let me try this in a safe manner for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so you just described what sounds like a good set. Again, my idea was immediately like, oh, I'll get a new girl in here. I don't want to see those No, no, no, it was for her safety. That's a good set. Let me ask you, and I'm not going to ask you to name anyone specifically, but I assume you have also worked on bad sets in your career. Yes, yeah, okay. What separates a good set from a bad set mostly like the most glaring thing.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the simplest thing will be if they do not have a videographer wow, Or if their paperwork just kind of looks a little off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even if you have it.
Speaker 2: Like signed paperwork before, sometimes you will look at it and you'll be like, this looks like it's been photo copied like a million different times.
Speaker 1: You know, copy of a copy of a copy. Yeah. Okay, so just I mean, saying this line here sounds worse than it is, But creating the perception of professionalism is what should be right. Come to you with fresh paperwork, you know. The one complaint I heard from a girl the last interview I did, she said she showed up to a set and there was a dirty shower. She said, bare minimum, just make the shower clean. Someone clean out the shower because I'm going to want to wipe all this off afterwards, and I don't want to get in some grimy, shitty, you know shower. Have the facilities nice enough, right?
Speaker 2: That is true, That is definitely true. But there's certain things like that that are out of their control. You know, like sometimes they're given a location or the location they originally planned ends up not working, so they find something at the last minute, and you kind of just work with what you have. So I feel like sometimes you kind of like lower your expectations just so you're happy. But I feel like in general, there is something about like, as long as the set is safe, I'm fine filming whatever random role play we're about to do.
Speaker 1: You know, there was a there's some producer on a podcast right now going like Emphtex Kinko's was closed, so I couldn't make copies and I had to print out an extra one and Sarah hated it. But you know, it's okay, okay, all right, let's do a thing I like to call look.
Speaker 2: So my complaint for that though.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Paper was like this, yes, and this was what I worked with.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so they need even like size it properly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm already half lying. So I was like, I can barely read this. That was that was the complaint. It was say anything like too bad, But I was like, okay, we're just working with this. True, that's right, Paperworkugh.
Speaker 1: Sarah, I want to do a thing I call stat check. Now here's the thing. These numbers are entirely wrong. It is from the Internet Adult Film Database, which is kind of like the Internet Movie Database, but for adult films. Here's what they don't include. I don't know, like half the scenes you've shot, like none of the of stuff, like whatever. I'm just using it as a metric as at this date and time, these were the numbers of your career. And then a year from now when we check in and you're drowning in av and Awards. I'll be like, oh, Sarah, things really took off. Huh wasn't that wonderful? Sarah Lace. You have shot one hundred and eleven scenes. You have worked with twenty nine women, You've worked with fifty two men, been nominated for three AV Awards. I only stay AVN because all the others, I just it's too much of balance. You are you are, I believe, a nominee or a winner of an Urban X as well.
Speaker 2: Nominee.
Speaker 1: Okay, good enough, that's fair, just being recognized as good three noms, no AV and wins. Yet not yet, we're saving it. Say there you go. Does anything stand out to you? And maybe the answer is no. As your defining scene to this point, is there anything that fans most you know, commonly come up to you and be like, your shot on this thing was fucking aught? Da da da.
Speaker 2: I will say the one that probably changed the trajectory of my career was actually the my bang Bro scene was my first like truly professional scene. I was not e made, you know, cleaning up summer pipes, we'll go with. It was an anal scene which I had only filmed a couple of times before, so it was you know, it was definitely a big scene for me to do and it actually ended up being a top betner ad on the Hub.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that one definitely changed, like also how I performed as well?
Speaker 1: How did it change how you performed?
Speaker 2: Because I was actually able to be with like even more professional performers who you know, like they they filmed differently as opposed to at that time it was a little amateur me.
Speaker 1: Sure, Again, if it's too much to delve, you don't have to explain it. But how is it different? Is it just having more people on set, professional equipment or whatever. Is it them doing like sticking to a schedule versus like collaborations you would do, or maybe even a thing you're establishing yourself. How does it separate from that? It just everything is in the next level, honestly. Yeah, it is definitely a big boost up. They don't have like a specific schedule, but they'll give you a call time and usually at that time you get in the makeup chair, you get your hair and your makeup done, and that they give you the script. Sometimes you'll get the script before or sometimes you'll just get it while you're in.
Speaker 2: The makeup chair. You get to read through it, you figure out what you're about to do, pick your outfits and stuff. Then we get to the pretty girls. We do that strip teas and everything, and a lot of the times there is a different photographer and a videographer just because they want to make sure that their crap is the best and they know what they're best at. So we'll have a photographer that will even give us tips and tricks on how to pose, and that will that'll keep helping us on with our you know, with our future scenes, and we get some time to interact with our coach ours kind of learned their likes and dislikes and stuff like that, and we get to make the scene the best that we can. And I think one of the big differences is also the kinds of questions that they ask you on set, and sometimes they will also have an assistant that's there just to make sure that you know that you're a safe on set, that you can call it at any time, like you can pull them to the side, and you don't have to say things to anyone else, but you can just leave if you're feeling unsafe. And though that's never happened to me, it's great having those extra steps.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have pictured that. That's again, I've been doing this a long time now, and it's just that sounds even more professional than the professionalism I knew that the bigger sites already had what was in your opinion? Have you ever shot a scene that was so intense you almost considered, well, not that it was bad or negative, just that it was intent.
Speaker 2: This late not really no, because one of my I kind of set my boundaries for work kind of lower than my personal boundaries because I don't really want to get myself Obviously, we all have to be vulnerable to a certain extent, but I only want to be a certain level of vulnerable on camera. Okay, all right, I don't do anything that's like two mentally difficult for me. Sure, Like I don't do any kind of degradation, you know, like face lapping stuff like that. So a lot of my experiences tend to actually work well with my praise chink, everyone's probably be a good girl and like stuff like that. You know, so even if we're doing dirty things, I still get that.
Speaker 1: Praise, how you know, all right, I'll just be totally straight and honest with you. I was like, I'm worried. I'm gonna have to walk the line with this one because Sarah Lacey is obviously gorgeous, but I'm nervous she's gonna be tough at shit and kind of like like if I ask a dumb question, she'll be like, no, not at all. You're a total sweetheart. It seems like it seems like, I don't know, don't piss her off? But you know, is that just your personality naturally? And is there a switch like if someone really pisses you off or you're going off?
Speaker 2: Yes, there is definitely a switch. Is very few people who have actually seen it. But usually my switch either comes due to a safety issue or a disrespect issue because I am very happy and bubbly and stuff like that. But you say the wrong thing about either my friends or myself. Woman has to pertain to our actual physical wellness or even just our mental health as well, Like I will not let that stand. Yeah, I okay. So for example, one time, there was a fan that was getting just a little too like gravy, not with me, but with a friend, and basically my friends and I were all noticing it, and we started to cluster around her and the the other person. The fan was still like very very persistent, and so that switch just kind of flipped when they kind of kept making comments and I was like, oh, hell no, you were not.
Speaker 3: About to do this, like like I will get you the fuck out, like and so they heard me go from bubbly to this like very serious face in a sense, it's like my military face.
Speaker 2: You know. I beat like very firm and everything like you're not going to push me, and that kind of scared everyone quiet. They all looked at me like, oh, okay, well it's like, yeah, no, we're not letting this happen.
Speaker 1: Like that's was that was that at a convention.
Speaker 2: This was outside of an event, Okay, okay, so yeah, but basically that fan was trying to grab her and physically like pull her away from our group.
Speaker 1: That's kidnapping Bud.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, this is not happening on my watch.
Speaker 1: Funny. I just had a conversation with another performer about conventions. Do you ever do any of the convention? The only one I go to I live in Jersey, so I go to Exotica, Jersey and that's just to like meet the people I've interviewed. Do you go to them? Do you do them and do you like them?
Speaker 2: I usually actually do about four to five conventions a year. Oh I. They start with ABM or X three and then I always go to Exotica Chicago, Miami sometimes, and then Jersey for sure, and then.
Speaker 1: DC sometimes okay, all right.
Speaker 2: And then of course there's ex Is Miami which sometimes.
Speaker 1: Sure. I we all appreciated as fans of all the performers work. We love it. What do performers get out of doing that? Is it a great promotional tool for you guys? Is it a networking tool? Like you get to meet other people to collab with other producers? Okay? Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I feel like the best thing about it is the networking. And at the end of the day, we do love meeting our fans, sure, you know, because at the end of the day, they're seeing this two D version of us. They're only seeing what we what we get to them, you know, but it gets to come in to the expo for three days and they get to see us just hanging around with friends, like kind of goofing off and doing our thing. You know.
Speaker 1: Sure you will.
Speaker 2: Randomly find us like making.
Speaker 1: Out or tworking, like just just to any listeners though, show up respectful. That's all we have to do. Just be respectful. You're gonna see some cool shit. Some girl will probably be like, hey, put your hand on my ass for this picture, but don't just do it without like asking or being told you're allowed to. Okay, that's not what we want. No kidnappings, right.
Speaker 2: I usually try to do a post before every expo because I feel like there's always something, you know, like I always have to tell them, like, hey, if you see someone you like, go and introduce yourself first, tell them your name. Okay. I have to kind of boil it down to that because I'm like, sometimes people don't even come up and say hi, like they'll just go and take a picture. They'll walk up and try to grab it, try to hug, and you're just like, WHOA, so you hi first?
Speaker 1: Sure? Yeah I did that to Joanna angel. I didn't touch her or anything, but I had a business card and we were at Exotica, and it was when I was first starting the show, and I wanted I was gonna go up and go, you know, hi, Joanna, it's really nice to meet you. My name is Matt. I wanted to know if I could possibly get you in the show. Here's my business card, I'd love to reach out. Da da da. And as I walk up to her, like, some thing happened in the background and some security went over, and then she looks at me, and I just walk up and I go, here's my card. And I was like, I don't know what the fuck just happened. But I didn't touch her, So that's a win. I guess that's see, that's okay, that's that's okay. Like, I'm sure she could obviously tell that you were shy and flustered. Do we completely understand that, because at least you are still respectful and everything. Sure? Yeah, yeah, shy and flustered, stupid and moronic either way however you want to put it. I was definitely one of those, for sure.
Speaker 2: Come up and try to put your arm over his shoulder to take a quick pick without even saying hi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no no. I don't touch anyone at those except for the New Jersey last year. By the way, Exotica, you were getting your money's worth in New Jersey because last year I couldn't fucking move. I couldn't everyone was so tight, it was so packed yeah, Yeah, it was a lot of fun. Those are a lot of fun, and I'm glad performers get to come out and do them if they want to. You know, you couldn't pay me to go out there and shake people's hands. Nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: I'm just too Oh gosh, I'm I'm the expo flu.
Speaker 1: Oh what now?
Speaker 2: What is that? That sounds dangerous? I call it the AVN flu? Really, But usually after any conventions, especially if you're shaking a lot of hands, grabbing a lot of business cards, and maybe even leaching out with people, you know we do, there's so much contact, the different germs and stuff, like your immune systems just trying to fight it all, and a lot of people end up with like a cold or flu kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Outside perception again, the ignorant outside perception. Wouldn't you be blown away if I told you a porn set is so much cleaner and less viruses than the convention center in New Jersey. Well, in New Jersey. You throw that in there and people start understanding why the viruses have popped up? That makes sense? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I usually have like buy a brand new bottle of sanitizer to bring to every expo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you gotten sick from it? Have you caught the ABM flu expo flu?
Speaker 2: I guess, like from the expo flu about two to three times a year. I feel like it's every other one, you know. Especially it's like the bigger ones is when I tend to get sick more just because there's more people. But I feel like I'm built up my immune system over the gears, so lately only like twice a year.
Speaker 1: Really, I have on one of the hottest girls in the world, a performer who does amazing things. My next question to you, is you ever take a whole bunch of zinc before you do that, because maybe you won't get us sick. I'm like, I'm like, let's come up with a mute. I had on Kubby Thompson, who's just an amazingly beautiful girl, and I asked her about what it's like selling her calendars and how much in advance she has to order things. I'm an idiot, so yeah, it's just the same.
Speaker 2: So one of the ways I try to combat that is I do have my multi vitamins that I take every day in general, and then when I'm traveling especially, I'll bring p D Light packet instead of buying the actual Plight bottles. You just buy the packets and just kind of fill them into a regular water bottle. Okay, they hydrated, especially if you're like on the West Coast where it's basically the desert, you have to hydrate more if you're not used to that. And then I try to get the vitamins eas to just kind of give me that extra boost. But I'll be honest, like I feel like I usually forget about the vitamin c's and I just stick to my vitamins and hydrate in.
Speaker 1: There you go, There you go, Sarah, let me talk about your content and what you like to make and what you create. All right, So if I were to head over to your of, which is obviously I am Sarah Lace, please make sure Okay, Bare Minimum. I always say this, social media is free. You have to follow the folks that come on the show Bare Minimum. You have no money, you're broke, you're homeless, but you have a phone and you listen to podcasts. Follow these folks. Next step sign up for their websites or their of You have to you support them, you like their content. You enjoyed listening to Sarah talk today, go pay for that stuff. So if I go to your of and I which is again I am Sarah lace links in the episode description, what kind of content am I seeing? Is it a weekly update, is it a daily picture? Is it a monthly big video? Or are their pay per views or they're not pay per views? Talk me through, give me the experience of Sarah laces Away, sure.
Speaker 2: I think. So I will give you two things. I will give you my attempted schedule, and then I'll give you what actually happens, because you know, we all try to balance this out. So I do try to post every single day, and I have like kind of a set list of things that I like to post on each day, but on general I kind of post at least three to four times a week, all right, especially I would say Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Okay, So Wednesdays there's usually at least a five minute video that goes straight onto the feed, and then Fridays I like to do fetish content lynn, so you'll get different types of fetish teasers on Friday on my feet, and then I will put the full version of it as a pay per view, and then I kind of like to do like a little five minute version of it for the feet, just in case you want like an extended teaser.
Speaker 1: So fetish Fridays, which is cute obviously, What are some of your favorite fetishes? And then I'm gonna ask the inverse of that afterwards, just so you're aware, But what are some of your favorite fetishes? To create? Put together stuff that either you like creatively or it really turns you on too, so fuck it, you might as well throw it on film.
Speaker 2: So one of the one of the big things that I do, I honest, I'll be honest, this is more because it's easy. Okay, A lot of foot fetish stuff, you know, that just kind of takes less energy to do. So I feel like I'm able to film more of that, and then I do like to do I have. I feel like I have a lot of fans that have I guess you can call it like an oil or lotion fetish, So I kind of have them worship either my ass or my full body and I'll just pour lotion on me and I kind of water it down so it really drips down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I'm signing up. I'm a fan of that too. Yep. Yeah, I like the oil that works. It works for me. Shininess always works for me. What is the number one request that when you see it in your inbox? Maybe? Do you do custom videos?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 1: Let me ask that. Okay, what is the number one request that you go, well, absolutely fucking not and you delete it? Is there any or are you willing to take on any task?
Speaker 2: I haven't gotten too many like crazy requests lately, but obviously, like well obviously, but I tend to get like pe requests and stuff like that which I will just not accept and mind you, on the of terms of service, they don't even accept that. So the guys are there trying to ask me for this, and they're trying to write in like little keywords and try to say it without saying it. I'm like, look, just no.
Speaker 1: Like no, thank you, hike. I've heard stuff in the past that girls will get their accounts suspended or lost or whatever on a fort something someone else is commenting, so I'm comment, Hey, Sarah, do you ever do piss escort stuff? Like is that going to get you booted?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That can get me flagged.
Speaker 1: That's fucked up. That's really fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that's why sometimes like we may not want to do it because we're like, okay, you may just not know. But that's why sometimes we will flag them just so it shows like, oh, we're not accepting that. You know, we're going to flag them so the system doesn't flag us for accepting it by default.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't lose your livelihood over someone else's request, you know, or you shouldn't like they should be able to. It's really ridiculous that a tech company in twenty twenty five can't look at it and be like, oh, her response was to block him. She clearly wants to do this against our turn. What are you.
Speaker 2: Talking about exactly? So that's why we try to either report or block. We're like okay, Like usually we'll give them a warning and I have this like screenshot that I'll just send to them, like here, this is where it says that it's against the terms of service. It's not because of me, but also because I don't want to do it, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh. Thanks, So let me ask has anyone been and maybe this actually surprised me too in these interviews, it's not as common as I would have thought. Did you have any mentors in this industry? Anyone who kind of showed you the ropes, anyone who walked it through it, or did you learn it all yourself.
Speaker 2: I will say that I may not necessarily have mentors, but I feel like all of my peers kind of mentor me in a sense because we go to these any of these events and we'll sit there will actually like well, either chit chat or we'll talk about work and like exchange numbers and start asking each other questions like, hey, how did you do this? Or I'm having trouble with this? How did you respond to that? Or how do you say no to this kind of question? Things like that. We all kind of just ask each other and kind of build each other up that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So in terms of shooting big scenes, like mainstream stuff, and is there anything you want to dive your teeth teeth I said teeth teeth into in terms of like a type or a fed or anything like that. Is there anything you don't feel like you've gotten your fill of yet? And it could be something as basic as you want to do more talking parts, you want to do more I don't know, you can go the other way with it and go gang bangs. Whatever it is is there anything where you're like, I want to do more of this. I wish I would get more calls for this type of scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I love storylines, I love playing scenarios, being another character and kind of just role playing that the entire way. So I would say that that is kind of what I like to keep doing. I kind of describe myself as that girl next door. So sometimes when they throw me into these role play scenarios and I have to be someone completely opposite, it's actually really really fun because I'm like, oh, okay, there is being a mean girl today.
Speaker 1: Are there any trends or common things that you want to go away in the industry, meaning you're like, I don't do that type of thing normally. I'm not interested. It's very popular right now. I don't want that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'll be honest. I feel like everyone is fulfilling like a different niche that the fans are looking for. I will say probably the only thing that I don't really like so much is the weirder viral content, you know, the ones where they kind of overdo it just for the views, and you're like, you don't.
Speaker 1: Have to go that far, Like what, what do you mean by that, are we talking about like the big of show type things that people have been doing over the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Like the girl who fucked like a thousand guys what I mean, yeah, and then wanted to do like some box thing. Essentially, she wanted to be in a box or in a cage and have I think she said, two thousand men or whatever have their way with her while she's like blindfolded, and like, I don't know. Stuff like that is like, okay, first of all, that is a safety risk at this point, like you're not even thinking about your own well being for this.
Speaker 1: Like and you might step out from that and say, well, it's her choice letter do whatever, but it creates an impression of your industry where now you are. It's almost like if a baseball player, a big famous baseball player, hugged every person that came up to him. Oh my god, I'll hug everyone. That's kind of my thing. And then I'm a different baseball player and someone comes up to me and goes give me hugs, and I go, I don't fucking know you. I don't know you, man. So it kind of creates an environment where it's like we're going back to a early two thousands kind of no holds barred type of thing. Now I did grow up in that era. I did like that type of stuff at the time, but now that I'm a little bit older, I see the gimmick of things and go, oh, this is kind of probably destructive.
Speaker 2: Yeah great because at the end of the day, but people tend to or want you free. You get is that most of these scenes are staged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like it's wrestling.
Speaker 2: He has safe words, we have like extra people on set and everything like stuff like that, And I feel like she's disregarding that it and we are very very big honest safety and testing as well and consent like Big three.
Speaker 1: Is that the it did? I just come up with the analogy. Porn's a lot like wrestling, where guys get slapped in wrestling and it doesn't not hurt, like if you're getting fucked, like you're gonna feel it. You're getting funcked today, But it was all pre planned beforehand. At the end of it, even if this guy was like dominating you whatever, he'd be like, all right, good great job today, Sarah, I'll see you later da. So it is fun, but we also have to live in that world, you wouldn't walk up to John Cena and punch him in the chest like, nah, that guy might lay you the fuck out, so exactly. Yeah, it's still entertainment. Then it's the best thing to say.
Speaker 2: Um, do people have believed the scenarios that I've played in sure, like these cheating wife, cheating girlfriend, stuff like that. Like I've had people come up to me and be like, Wow, how could you cheat on your boyfriend like that? This this not a great man like And I was like, ooh, first of all, that wasn't even my boyfriend, Like he was just an extra.
Speaker 1: Look, it's all about the fans, and we love the fans and they're so great. Now, if we could please stop sending my Twitter fucking private dms thinking I'm the girl, I'm gonna get three messages after this saying Hi Sarah, I just want to go can you we love you fans? We do. Can you fucking read?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Maybe if you check that out, you see I'm not her? Oh uh, where does the career go from? Actually no, let me end on that question. But let me ask you this, and this is this is not a question I should ask in any way whatsoever? Uh, and I'm going.
Speaker 2: To I want to see more now.
Speaker 1: Well see, but it's odd. I don't even know if I can relate, and I want to because I've had these conversations before. But you're from Honduras, right, ye? Okay? Where you are? Your dead is your national what is it? What do you say? See? I don't know how to touch on race. I'm such a pale, white loser, Like what do I say? Like you're from Texas, you said, but your nationality is is hundering? Okay?
Speaker 2: All right? All right, so my parents are from there?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Okay? All right? Well then I have two questions. One, how do you feel when the industry will mislabel people? Because I've seen you as Ebony porn star Sarah Lace like fucking fifty times. Yeah, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: It's honestly, it can be pretty funny, sure, Like honestly, for me, I kind of worry, like, does this mean that I'm taking a job away from someone who's Ebony or is this just like post production where they're like, all right, well we need ten tags, let's start some in there.
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: So that I feel like that's kind of where my question usually lies. But I in a sense I kind of am Afro Latina ye, so like I do have a great grandpa that is black, Okay, so I will say, like there is that connection regardless, I just feel like ebony really just means dark skin, and I'm nowhere close to her, so like, I don't know, put me wherever you.
Speaker 1: Want to put coach. Last question I shouldn't ask, and then we're going to wrap this one up. But what is the biggest change that you think needs to happen to accommodate women of color in the industry? Is there anything I spoke to Lily Starfire, who's a total sweetheart. She had one I had no idea. She goes, I wish makeup artists knew how to work on black girls, and I was like, makes total sense. You don't want to look like a clown going out there. I get it. Is that? Would you agree? Or is there anything else?
Speaker 2: You absolutely actually like? That is actually what I was going to say as well, because I've been on set where they did not have my color, but I usually have, Like I usually will bring my own makeup bag one because prior military always prepared. Even if you don't need it, it's better to have it, but like I always bring everything, especially my foundation, because there's been times where they've kind of switched things up on me. One time they were like, oh uh, the makeup art is canceled at the last minute. Can you do your makeup? So luckily I had it with me. Sure, And then other times they just will not have my like my foundation. Either they don't carry the dark shades or they just don't carry as many shades to be able to comedy for people.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, sometimes we'll.
Speaker 2: Have like less than twenty foundations and you're just like, okay, you have that many. You need to have a variety and not just all of the lighter shades.
Speaker 1: This is a real ignorant question, but is there like a woman in the industry who's known as like the one who can get a darker complexion? Right, Not that you have to call her out, but is there someone like, oh, bring Jane in. Jane will really be able to nail this or now I will.
Speaker 2: Say there's not one specific one, but I can give you my favorite one from each big city. So for La we have Connie. I feel like everyone knows Connie, and then in Vegas we have Ellie, and then in Miami, we have.
Speaker 1: Natalie shout out, ladies, you're doing a great job, especially with darker complexions, and we appreciate it very much. So, uh, Sarah, where's the career go from here? Are you going to do this two more years and decide you don't want to do it anymore? Are you going to make ten million dollars and tap out? Are we going to be doing guilt porn fifty years from now? Like? What is?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: By the way, I interviewed Dede White the other day, Saekah Black, Yo, I'm not going to live as long as she is doing gang bangs like she's seventy one? Where do you see yourself in this career? Where is the end? If there is an end?
Speaker 2: So in my head, I have a very big evolution process to go. So currently I am a performer and I do want to be a bit more of a producer. I kind of do produce my own scenes at the moment, but I want to actually be on a set. And on top of that, I actually have a very big dream of writing romance novels.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: Interesting, like my true dream is full like by I have seven hundred page romance novels, but I think I kind of want to start with short one hundred to two hundred page like smut and turn that into scenes splash movies.
Speaker 1: I love that. I would even pivot further if you feel that you can't make the scenes in the movies and the quality you would want. I wonder if there's a podcast where you could do chapters and you could really highly produce it and almost like an audio play type of thing, because because no offense, but most likely your target is going to be women there, right, Yes, yeah, because guys can't read essentially, yeah, but your target is going to be women there, right. So I think about who really loves ASMR and who really loves the TikTok sounds and this and that, and if you could maybe bring you got a winner there? Maybe you got a winner.
Speaker 2: I can do that because one of the things that I like to do is bring entertainment to everyone. Sure, you know, men, women, non binary like and especially couples.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you know, like.
Speaker 2: I want I want someone to be able to read my book or watch my porn and be like, babe, look at this. Can we recreate this? Like stuff like that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I love it. No, no, I was smiling because that's the clip I think for the week. It was so it was so good. Uh, Sarah Lace, my guest for the evening. You know exactly where you can find her. I am Sarah Lace links to everything, including the social media, the website, and the of or in the episode description, Sarah, thank you so much for coming on with me tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I enjoyed going deeper.