Speaker 1: Run right out to the KA Commas for the hotline and bring on a good friend from CBS, Roby Bean Romey. How you doing.
Speaker 2: I am doing great.
Speaker 3: You guys got you know, another win.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, let's let's go.
Speaker 1: The only streak we have to worry about now is the wind streak. Is Nick Ferguson so succinctly put it earlier, I thought it was all around a pretty good weekend for Dever Broncos fans. I thought the uniforms were hit. I thought the stadium, you know, kind of retro updates were a hit. And then you know, he got out there on the field and he didn't look like it from the from the starting snap, But once passer Tan got that one hundred yard pick six, the Broncos were off to the races.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, you know, as they say, it's not how you start, how you finished.
Speaker 4: But truly, like we talk about all the time in sports, how the momentum, the game changing plays, and sometimes a lot of times in games there's like a couple of moments.
Speaker 3: But that was the moment of the game.
Speaker 5: I mean, patter Tan for all intents and purposes one that game for.
Speaker 3: The Denver Broncos and the players.
Speaker 5: You know all said it in the locker room, both on offense and on defense, and it's it's a testament.
Speaker 2: To the impact player kind of players as that pat is.
Speaker 5: That was going off the rails quickly right and nothing You're like, oh no, and you just.
Speaker 2: Kind of kept saying, man, the defense has got to make a big play. And they came up as a big play.
Speaker 3: And I feel like.
Speaker 2: We're starting to sound make a broken record, but it's becoming a thing where we say, last year, two years ago, the Broncos wouldn't have come up with that play. They wouldn't have found.
Speaker 5: A way to win. And I think we're really seeing something really start to build here right where they they made that play and then they took hold of the game and they took charge.
Speaker 2: Of it after that and they didn't let it go. And that's significant when you look in like the growth right.
Speaker 5: Of a team and where they can go.
Speaker 6: Wells, speaking of growth, like Davonte Williams led all Broncos receivers in receptions yesterday. Is this more about the evolution of the Broncos office or more about the evolution of Javonte Williams.
Speaker 5: You know, I think the best part about Javonte Williams was that game looked like, you know, it was vintage of vintage day, vintage uniforms, vintage.
Speaker 2: Alumni there everybody, and it was.
Speaker 5: Like vintage Davante Williams.
Speaker 2: I think that's honestly the best he's looked since his surgery, where he was really pushing the pile and he was breaking those tackles, and we just haven't seen that.
Speaker 5: Kind of a game since he had a surgery. So I think that was significant for Javonte Williams in a big way, and also.
Speaker 2: Significant for the Broncos offense because I think the big plan was to have Javonte kind of be that big cruising back, and there were doubts. As one of those people that was definitely had my doubts after the first few weeks of the season of.
Speaker 5: Can they do this?
Speaker 2: So I think it is really big for.
Speaker 5: This offense that both can rely on Javonte now both in the past and the run game to make those cruising tackles, to push the pile like he was doing, because we really haven't seen that until now.
Speaker 2: I think it was significant for him, significant for the offense.
Speaker 1: Speaking of relying on you know, a guy that Poe was able to rely on back in college was Troy Franklin. However, in that game, another drop from Troy Franklin, a guy who's you know, sort of struggled with that. Nick says it's a confidence thing, and I'm not disagreeing with that by any stretch, but it feels to me like we're wasting reps on Troy Franklin rather than using our most explosive weapon, Marvin Mims, in the way that we could. How do you feel about that and are you disappointed we don't see more of Marvin Mims on the field? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, two parter, Let's start with Troy Franklin. I think I think it is a confidence thing and it's only getting worse. And I know he's both.
Speaker 3: Teammates, and we're being honest.
Speaker 2: I think the reason why he's probably getting reps.
Speaker 3: Is because of that Oregon connection.
Speaker 2: I'm not so sure Troy sees the field as much as he does if he didn't have this, if he wasn't both TV right, I think that the kind of relying.
Speaker 5: On that and there is when you looked at that play, there's a reason why they got him.
Speaker 2: I mean he's got like eight yards separation so that he can make the catch.
Speaker 5: The potential there, but like you said, the potential, it's also proven with Marvin Min.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure why Marvin, who is a veteran at this point, is not getting more reps. I'm totally with you.
Speaker 5: I have been campaigning for more Marvin Min because every time he gets out there seems to make a really big play.
Speaker 2: And if we're looking for a seazer, I don't know why we're not given that Tomorrov as Troy Franklin develops more and maybe comes in when he's more ready, because Marvin Ben certainly seems like the more ready guy and he's going to get that separation as well. I completely agree with you.
Speaker 6: Well, we look at the Broncos defense. Another huge game for them, so I want to tip my cap to Vance Joseph. But let's talk about the depth of this team. So Alex Singleton is injured in the Tampa game. He plays that injury, but who most look at Justice Sernard as just being primarily a special teams guy. He's the guy in an off season that almost left Broncos and signed with someone else, but opted to come back. What are you liking about Justice Arnard and how he's feeling it in that middle linebacker position.
Speaker 2: I mean, and foremost, it's just really awesome when you see a guy get an opportunity, a guy like you said, has been relegated to a special teamers, and that's kind of what you thought he'd always be to get this opportunity and to step into that role, to be ready for it and to do a fantastic job.
Speaker 4: I mean in the.
Speaker 2: Jets game where the first play right, his first stab at it and he goes with Zack Aaron Rodgers, which is awesome and obviously huge confidence for him. But I just think that's really cool, like first and foremost to put that out there, and it's awesome to see him making the most of an opportunity. But he's also proving that he's totally ready.
Speaker 3: To Jets on.
Speaker 2: This defense is something that we're not talking as much about, but I would see thing goes out, who is arguably the heart and soul of that team, right and this it'll miss the steps, the leading tackler, they don't miss the steps, they're not comes in and he's absolutely ready and then speaks to him and being ready for his moment. Ell speaks to Vance Joseph at his ability to put all of these guys in positions at succeed, I mean, guests everything on one of these guys. They talk about how much fun it is playing Vja's defense because he really gives everyone opportunity. He puts them all in the right position. It's really cool to see. And even the guys in the back, the young guys, everybody has really been stepping up and elevating their game. And when there's been some injuries that you thought, Okay, this is going to be a significant woe, and yet they haven't. They haven't give to be I know.
Speaker 3: I've just said that like four times, but it really is.
Speaker 2: Impressed us to see what.
Speaker 3: We've got going on with the depth on the defense.
Speaker 1: Talk about Roby being from CBS Romeo, I want a dovetail off of that because I you know, talk to some people around the league and they expect Vance Joseph get head coach. He interviews this cycle. It could be a better sweet thing. On the one hand, are we hoping that Advance gets a head coach job, because well, you root for people to succeed around here, but also the Broncos give two third round compensatory draft picks. If you were to get given a head coaching job and then b the next man up philosophy here, you would expect Jim Leonard would be the next defensive coordinator. Do you think that that may take away from the Broncos defense long term? So do we are we? Are we hoping that Advance gets a head coaching job of so season?
Speaker 2: Are we not hoping for that? I feel like here a mad person if you're like, I hope you don't get that job.
Speaker 5: But I feel like Vance has proven that he is just he's an excellent defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: And it's one of those things he really he really relates to his players. You can do how much they love playing for him. You can see how much they just they enjoy it. He puts them all in good positions. He dials up all these you know, exotic looks that they love, they love playing, they love doing. You hope that right hypool comes in they pick up where they left off, and that often happens. So I think it's one of those things that it would be bittersweet though, because he's just doing such a good job with this team. And you just never know what you're going to get next. But at the same time, I think it would be great for Vance because I think we can all agree that his first time, his first head coaching job, he didn't get a fair shake, right, We kind of all do that there was a lot of dysfunction going on. I think he didn't have a lot of say and who was drafted during his tenure as head coach. I just don't think he really got a fair shake to really really give it as off as a head coach, and so I think it would be great to see him get to try again.
Speaker 5: And I think he learned a.
Speaker 2: Lot from that experience, the older, wiser, blah blah blah, and.
Speaker 7: So I think it would be great to see him take that second opportunity, take what he learned, and transform that to be a really successful head coach, because he certainly deserves it. He's a leader of men, as they say, I believe that was the line the kids getting used when they.
Speaker 2: Hired what he certainly is. So I'm pulling for him, you know. I hope he gets that opportunity, and I hope he's successful because it's the good guys.
Speaker 7: He's good.
Speaker 2: The best sive coordinator and he deserves it.
Speaker 6: Well, let's talk about something that is one of the more talked about things that is not the PS two pick six, but the altercation or entanglement or discussion that took place between bow Knicks and Sean Payton. We all saw it. What were your immediate thoughts after you took a look at it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I love it, I love it, Give me it over and over again.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of reasons I love this. So I think that.
Speaker 2: One Chempayne likes this. I think he definitely absolutely likes it.
Speaker 3: Sean Payne, as we know, as a tough coach, he's gonna push and push and pushes players, and frankly, there's just not a lot of guys that have the authority to push back and for bone Nicks as a rookie to be like, no, man, I'm pushing back.
Speaker 2: I don't like whatever happened here.
Speaker 3: You love that.
Speaker 2: As a player, you gotta love that this Bonis is making it known that this is his team and he wants his team to succeed, that there's something he doesn't agree with. Just because he's a rookie, He's not gonna sit back. This shows why he's heem voted him captain. I think he loves to see it.
Speaker 5: I think in general, probably in that building guys, there's not a lot of people that.
Speaker 2: Push back on Chom Paytin. Right the a rookie's doing it is really impressive, and I think it speaks the goo nixt. I think talking to a lot of the guys in the locker room last night, they loved it. They all said, he that's a CHRISTI competitor. He's so confident and that's really important, right to have their stocks behind a guy that they truly believe in that he's their captain for a reason. So I think great, and I think that if there are things that are not working in this offense, you now have the confidence that both's going to be local enough to be like I don't like that. Does that mean chem Payton's gonna change it?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but maybe the evolution is both starts out of the league a little bit more as a lot of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I love what I saw.
Speaker 3: I love that he didn't care and that he's not a cratish.
Speaker 2: Once, and I think that's really important for the quarterback dynamic when Tom Hayton's your head.
Speaker 3: Coach, right.
Speaker 4: We all know.
Speaker 2: Obviously Drew Brees is that way we all saw last year him just chewing out Russ, and.
Speaker 5: Russ didn't say anything, and obviously there's a lot more that went into into that relationship.
Speaker 2: But to see this and to see a guy.
Speaker 3: That pushes back, I think it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: And I think that fans and players alike have got in love with the thaw. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Talking with CBS as romy Bean, it was kind of a stark juxtaposition to what happened last year.
Speaker 2: And in Detroit.
Speaker 1: Want to shift gears here a little bit. We get the Nuggets and av seasons or getting ready to start. You know, a lot of preseason stuff going on right now, the new look Nuggets. What have you? What have you thought so far?
Speaker 5: You know, what I think is so interesting about the Nuggets is that this the national narrative is Nuggets got worse, and primarily just because they lost GCP.
Speaker 3: But I'm a little bit confused what everybody's talking about, because I.
Speaker 2: Don't think the Nuggets got I do think Christian Brown is ready for this opportunity. You do, miss KCP, you wish they could have kept KCP, but I think Christian Brown is ready and he's a really fierce defender. I don't think they're gonna lose a step on.
Speaker 5: Defense with Christian Brown in that role and bringing in Russell Westbrook. I like a lot of people kind of said this, this is a gamble, right, this is either.
Speaker 2: Are really going to pay off for It's not, but it's early days. But I love the.
Speaker 5: Tenacity and the ferocity and the competitiveness that he needs.
Speaker 4: I think one thing about the Nuggets that makes them so great.
Speaker 3: It's like kind of a mellow locker room in many ways.
Speaker 2: I think he brings a totally different energy that they don't have.
Speaker 5: And I think it's going to be really, really great.
Speaker 3: And so I feel good about it. I think that I can't wait to see the dynamic of how.
Speaker 5: They're kind of rotating Russ and kind of you know, staggering him.
Speaker 2: With Yo kitchen. He even said he's here to push them all. I think that's going to be great. So I think right now I feel good about the Nuggets. And again, and I know we say this all the time, but it's simple and true. When Nicola Jokich is on the court, do you have a chance always to.
Speaker 3: Win because he's.
Speaker 2: Just the best player on the planet. I love the means of him, like partying all summer, and then he comes in his first preseason game he casually dropped like what was it, twenty six eighteen and something.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was, but it's just great.
Speaker 2: So I feel good about where they're going I think they're.
Speaker 3: Going to be really hungry again.
Speaker 2: Now it's fatigued, and again it comes down to how do you manage the players?
Speaker 3: Because that was the biggest thing last year.
Speaker 2: It will be the biggest thing again. Can the bench outside of left book really step up? And that's going to be the big question rather you know, Peyton Watson, But time will help if these young kids already.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, as far as managing is concerned, you have Cavin Booth who has one clear vision and coach Malone was his clear vision. And for me, when I look at him's like, well, what's one of these guys are going to win at the end of the day, because Nikola Jokic his window is shrinking by the year and wanting to keep that window open. When you look at both Kevin Booth and coach Malone and how they look at the game of basketball and how they approach it. Who do you think is probably going to win at the end of the day and get their way as far as incorporating their philosophy within a Nuggets organization.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it's Calvin mooseuse at the end of the day, Calvin Moose controls that of Michael alone.
Speaker 1: Had the job or not.
Speaker 2: But I also think that I would say on.
Speaker 3: That team, no, A lot of that team and a lot of discussion that goes on with that team is what Nikoliokis wants. And Michael Malone is there because Nikoliokich wants him to be his side coach.
Speaker 2: So they're I guess they're both pretty pretty secure. But I do think that Malone's very open right at the end of last season about realizing that he overworked his players.
Speaker 3: So now we see.
Speaker 2: Does he really listen to that?
Speaker 3: And I do think there will be pressure on him.
Speaker 2: I think Calvin Booth is not afraid the book pressure on him and to demand that, you know, things look a little different, and so I think there will be a concerted effort because everybody is fully aware that if you waste fully Yokichen yours, and that's just an abject failure. You just simply.
Speaker 4: Cannot do that.
Speaker 2: And I think Malone knows that, and Calvin Booth knows that, and they're gonna do whatever they can.
Speaker 5: They look at last year and realize maybe one got away last year.
Speaker 2: I think it was a good moment for everybody to be like we we simply can't waste the opportunity because when is gone, he's gone and it will never be recaptured.
Speaker 1: Robbi Bean from CBS wore we always appreciate it, Robbie, when you get a chance.
Speaker 3: To join us, Oh guys, it's always a tree.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we'll be talking about more wins.
Speaker 1: Yes after the Chargers game this weekend, fully expected. Look forward to hearing from you.
Speaker 2: Then, don't work, don't forget to wear your kaki pans on Sunday. I will, I will wear I'm gonna work.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, you can't wait.
Speaker 6: Wait, don't tell me you got a khaki suit.
Speaker 2: I mean I could find one between bromy just for you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Khaki suit