Speaker 1: Now let's go around the sports. KD.
Speaker 2: Fuck Queens has all the sports?
Speaker 3: Ye come to the news this morning that your Dallas Cowboys have traded for the wide receiver too. The one thing they needed to get in the draft that they did not get accomplished, a second wide receiver. They have it now, George Pickens from the Steelers exchange for a third round pick next year a fifth round draft pick in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts fellas, I love it. I can't believe it's even happening. Cowboys. This is very unlike them to go out and do this. This is I suddenly feel different about the entire season. You know, I thought that they needed to get a receiver with their first round pick, and when they didn't, I was super concerned. I was like, oh my god, they're just tone deaf. They have no idea what they even need. But they had said they had some trades percolating. And look, George Pickens is a dude who is like not without wartz right, Like he's got it issues. He's he gets into fights on the field, he's been fined a bunch, he's opening. He can be a lot man. But in terms of the Cowboys now giving Dak Prescott a one to two punch that is formiable, and they now have a top three one to two punch at the receiver position in all of the NFL. I mean, they're straight up going for it now this season. I think this makes them contenders.
Speaker 1: I think it's exciting, and I think it it just works in concert with the other things they've already done. Like their biggest issue last year was not weapons. Their biggest issue last year was the offensive line completely fell apart, even when Dak was healthy. And so I mean, you gotta feel good that maybe they've addressed that. Maybe it's going in the right direction. They certainly went that way in the draft, so you feel good about that they did address the running back position. Let's see if it's too satisfaction. I think it would have been so much easier just to keep Rica. Like if they had kept Rico Dawdle for three million dollars, I would be really stoked right now. I would feel amazing. I think that they're going to be fine at the tight end position. And now you know, you look at it, it's like, all right, it's great to have the offensive line bolster, but also to do that with improving the weapons, and then it's all gonna come down to if this is a wild card that we simply do not know kind of an offensive coordinator is shouted when it's his offense, and it's not McCarthy being overbearing.
Speaker 2: You know, And Katie, I know you talked about are do they keep him beyond this year? I know they were about to have to pay Tolbert at the end of this year and they were sitting there going, all, right, is he worth ten? Is he worth twelve? No? And so yeah, you're gonna end up spending more than that, But I think he ends up staying.
Speaker 3: Tilvert's two years older than George Pickens. Keep in mind, yeah, because Tilbert was old when he had drafted another thing on George Pickens. Real quick is I think Okay has the same agent as Micah And last time Jerry spoke about Micha's agent, he says that he.
Speaker 2: Didn't know his name. Look, yeah, so that's good.
Speaker 3: That a lot, But you don't have to sign Jake Ferguson. You don't have to sign Jalen Tolbert. This is a good thing. Patrick Peterson, one of the most respected and best corners of all time, says George Pickins, reminds him of DeAndre Hopkins. Says Pickins does, yes like he is very respected. He's just never had a good quarterback. He's always pissed and he does crazy stuff and he's open about how crazy he is. And I kind of like that. They need something like that.
Speaker 1: Do you know who he reminds me of Carl Pickens because they have the same last name.
Speaker 3: That's dad.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Ben.
Speaker 2: This is huge for the Cowboys. This is a massive get. This makes them contenders. This is absolutely huge. They actually had a competent draft, they were active in free agency, they filled some holes, and now they go out and make a blockbuster trade like this. I could not be more excited. And I can't believe this is the Dallas Cowboys. They do not do stuff like this.
Speaker 3: His dad is Carl Pickens.
Speaker 1: Number one. Give me a trophy, all right?
Speaker 2: Coming up next. Speaking of trophies, Bill Belichick has accumulated a lot of them, but he is currently in a pr nightmare. The latest with regard to that is next