Speaker 1: Orlando's rock station. Good morning from a Lynching Taco show, it is time for take it out. Uh look at some of this week's technology.
Speaker 2: News sponsored by a pick your Ticket Thursday on the WJARR Instagram page.
Speaker 1: You get a host of different shows that you can win tickets to today. If you want to swing by at one oh one one WJRR at your convenience sometime today.
Speaker 2: Again on Instagram, you can win and they pick multiple people. That's the cool part.
Speaker 1: There's these two jerks who do the morning show in that post that give you a couple instructions on how do I, you know, qualify for those tickets. Do as those idiots instruct and you're good.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna cut in here and say.
Speaker 1: One, not two. The teenager behind.
Speaker 2: Actually it's the one where I'm talking into a fan. Yeah, it's two idiots. You're right.
Speaker 1: The teenager behind hundreds of swatting attacks pleads guilty to federal charges. This has a central Florida connection. You might remember Alan Fillion earlier this year was arrested in Extra dieded here to Seminal County as the suspect who had been you know, via computer calling various law enforcement agencies, schools, places of worship and whatnot, and threatening violence, causing a huge police response. In each case, more than three hundred and seventy five of them. He pled not guilty to the state charges. However, he got hit with the federal charges. He pleaded guilty to those. He's gonna end up going bye bye for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't do stuff like that. You're wasting all of our taxpayer dollars, our money.
Speaker 1: Looks like the deal that direct TV had pitched to acquire the struggling Dish network has fallen through. The bondholders from Dish rejected the debt exchange deal. Direct TV was going to pick up Dish for one dollar, but also acquire their nine point four billion dollars in debt. The bondholder said, that's not a good enough offer on the exchange in barring some last minute sweetening of the deal, we wanted it for fifty cents. It just looks like that maybe off. We'll see, we'll see. I told you probably at this point a few months ago that twenty three and meter, the genetic testing company, was not doing so well because the demand for that service has dropped, and we got into the whys of that, and well, it sounds like that was accurate. They just cut forty percent of their workforce. If you have a Google Pixel device, there's a new AI feature that's available if you'd like to use it, that will analyze incoming phone conversations for scams. Now, we're all used to seeing a scam alone come in sometimes just when the phone's ringing, you know, if it's a number that's really not in your frequently called or your rolodex or whatever. This will now analyze and look for keywords that are used by various phone scammers, and it'll alert you actually during the call, should you decide to take one of these calls.
Speaker 2: Oh, it'll say things like car warranty suspected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll say suspected scam. So that that's kind of a new if you don't mind them listening for those keywords. I personally would have a problem with that. Keaves dropping on your calls.
Speaker 2: I have a problem with all AI. Sorry.
Speaker 1: We know if you utilize Google Maps and you have places that you frequently used the maps for, it's going to start deleting history older than three months, start disappearing from your location history. That may be good or bad news on your situation, is shutting down Free V, the free ad supported streaming television service. That content has already been migrated over to Prime Video, and new episodes of the free V shows that you might have been watching will be available to people who don't pay for Prime. The Free V will be phased out in the coming weeks, so that's going to be disappearing as an option. Amazon is targeting retail rivals Shine, Timu and the TikTok Shop with a new deeply discounted storefront that sells a wide variety of products for twenty dollars or less. Remember the days of a dollar store. Oh yeah, now it's the twenty dollars or less online. Yeah, it's called Amazon Hall. The mobile only experience debut yesterday in the Amazon App and has everything from fashion accessories to home goods plus close and electronics, all under twenty dollars. Just time for the holidays.
Speaker 2: Nothing better than a twenty dollars fashion accessory that's stalking hot.
Speaker 1: Never know if you travel a lot. So I got the list of the ten airports with the fastest free Wi Fi San Jose International Airports, followed by Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky International Airport. Those airports very fast free Wi Fi. Also making the list San Francisco International, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood International, Phoenix, Sky Harbor, the New Orleans International Airport, Pittsburgh, and LaGuardia.
Speaker 2: Some big hubs there. LaGuardia. They just did that whole new wing on there. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Wing I get it and every The only way you can.
Speaker 2: Order there basically at the restaurants, pat is through the QR code method, so they gotta have good Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: Sega is rolling out something called Emo Jam and I have more on this on our Facebook page. The return of Pagers. It's a emoji only pager. Oh God, only use it to send emoji. Here your friends be a Wi Fi the emoji only pager. The return of pagers. I remember, man, we all had those Mountain Dew pagers here at this radio stace.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. That was the best promotion ever. That and the Surge, this Surge alarm clock.
Speaker 1: I still had one of those up until recently then it stopped operating.
Speaker 2: This alarm closs. The best it was been that soda called Surge was out. You know, it's a Mountain Dew competitor and it would wake you up, going sure, but it was ten times that loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if if you had one of those and that didn't wake you up, you're probably borderline comatose.
Speaker 2: Linden Taco on demand, Download the iHeartRadio app