Speaker 1: You're listening to kf I Am six forty the Bill Handle Show on demand on the iHeartRadio apps and on behalf of Neil and Amy and Me and Will and Ann and Kono. Thank you so much for tuning in. And I just can't believe I said that. I'm clearly running a temperature. So I humbly apologize for giving you that load of crap.
Speaker 2: And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle. There you go.
Speaker 1: I just turned my studio mike on. Yeah, we got an interesting situation. I'm at home, my home studio, and the internet is down, so or the internet is clicking or just going in and out.
Speaker 2: I'm freezing everybody.
Speaker 3: So that kept you from turning on the mic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's the technology. It's the on off switch that's driving me crazy. No, you turn it on, you're on the air. You turn it off, you're not. I'm still trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: I have said many times I don't understand cell phones. To me, a telephone without a wire to the wall, I just don't get.
Speaker 3: Go out on a high note, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, you.
Speaker 1: Can tell I'm well, but I'm the generation that didn't grow up with computers. So I don't think, for example, I don't think in terms of, you know, photographing a document and sending it.
Speaker 2: I just don't think about that. It just doesn't in my mind.
Speaker 3: Light with a switch and turning on.
Speaker 1: I know now, the light with the switch I get because I grew up with that. But I remember when the first computer. I wasn't very old, but when the first computer was on Popular Mechanics, and it was the little.
Speaker 2: Home set that you built.
Speaker 1: You bought the parts and you built this little, tiny, crappy, no monitor or anything computer. That was the beginning of the computer rates. I remember Atari's I do remember IBM. I mean I was around computers.
Speaker 2: Where they are. It was there there before I was.
Speaker 1: You know, IBM actually created well, the first computer actually was created during World War Two. Alan Turning invented the machine that broke the No, there you go, you're out, that broke the Yeah, that's right, and that's it was called the Turning Machine. Great movie with Benedict Cumberbund, very very strong, cumber bed Yeah whatever, you know, he's just good.
Speaker 2: I know, that's awesome. Yeah, he really is. In any case.
Speaker 1: That was, and the IBM computers in those days were and they weren't very powerful relative today. I mean, you've got a lot more power in a wristwatch and an Apple fit. But they whole rooms and they used to put they put him in the middle of the floors of the executive suite and it was glass walls, and the operators were these guys in white lab coats.
Speaker 2: And it was really secretive and it was really high end. Big difference today. Okay, did I just digress?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't. I've never heard you gress.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Good morning, my connection, my internet connection. Don't you love technology?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And I have a static eyepiece. I even though what a static ip It's okay, static iPad dress.
Speaker 2: So there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning, that was what nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Neil, Good morning, Willie, Wolf and Amy.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, Bill and con No.
Speaker 1: I can't see any of you guys. By the way, so we looked yesterday. I'm running blind.
Speaker 4: I look super hot, by the way.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: On radio, we all look super Actually on radio, Neil looks thin.
Speaker 2: What does that tell you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The microphone takes away thirty pounds.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, all right, joined from browser here. All right, we're gonna try it again, and Cono good morning, and Will good morning. And I think I hit everybody, didn't I? Yeah, all right, pretty much? Let me see what's going on. We got a lot to cover today. Oh, tomorrow's my last day for a while. Thanks, I'm off and running to Italy. How unusual for a couple of weeks, two and a half weeks, And and I don't know who's filling in on this show for the next two weeks.
Speaker 2: It's a surprise. Oh, come on, we have surprise because no one knows yet.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, we have Chris, maryl fright, have Mo Kelly filling in? Okay, and we have Neil Yeah, yeah, all right, so it runs the Gamut yep, Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Chris Merrill, who occasionally fills in not part of KFI, but it has been a fill in for years and years.
Speaker 2: He has I think Disney does a show in San Diego.
Speaker 5: No, he has a show in another state. If I recall from San Diego.
Speaker 2: Because the studio.
Speaker 1: That's modern radio, because you can have studios in different parts. What is it, Kevin and Bean, We're in different cities for years and years and years.
Speaker 4: He also does a show here on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh, they pick up a show, so I assume much a syndicated show.
Speaker 3: No Chris, No, Chris is local. When he does the show here.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that, it goes to, well what does that tell you? Yeah, how long has that been going on?
Speaker 3: To my embarrassment, Well, it changes on occasion what.
Speaker 2: He becomes a woman and then he goes back to being a man.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay, tomorrow tomorrow, you say so at the end of the show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm out the door. I'm out the door.
Speaker 3: And and you know how to unlock it.
Speaker 5: Open it if it says push, push, if it says Paul, Paul right.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I'm gonna announce, and I haven't because I've kept it fairly quiet, because I'm heading into a little bit of my life being private because it's been open.
Speaker 2: It's been an open book for thirty one years. It will be thirty two years in July that I've been not talking to you out there in radio land.
Speaker 3: Gotta love that phrase.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm going to Italy to get married.
Speaker 1: They're here, Nope, Nope, over in Italy yep. And it's gonna be a lot of fun. It's gonna be a lot of fun because it's gonna be an outrageous one it is.
Speaker 2: We'll put some pictures up. I think.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, you ready to do it because we have a ton of news even though I have no Internet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't see you. I can't see you. Guys. You can go commando for all you know. You can do what I do.
Speaker 3: You know, And that's half the time all see each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not below the waist. So that's.
Speaker 4: And telling on me.
Speaker 1: I know you see there you go. Oh God, I love this. People are wondering what's going on. Okay, let's do it, guys. Time for handle on the news on this very rainy Thursday, March thirteenth.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Neil and Amy and me lead.
Speaker 1: Story, I say, And it looks like the Senate is going to say no to that governmental funding bill that the Republicans passed through Congress precisely what President Trump wanted, and the Speaker Mike Johnson put it through straight party lines basically, and the Senate is saying no.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: The Senate Democrats have a lot more control over what goes on by the virtue of the Senate and filibuster rules, etc. And they're saying no because they're saying, look what happened the Republicans that they created the bill. There was no democratic input at all in the House. So tomorrow night the government either goes on with a vote and the Senate and House somehow come to an agreement, or the government shuts down. We'll see who it gets to blame this time around. Usually the Republicans get the blame.
Speaker 4: Got a hoax at the hospital.
Speaker 7: There was a report last night of someone with a gun at Loma Linda University Children's Hospital, prompted a massive police response.
Speaker 4: Some of the hospital had to be locked down.
Speaker 7: Sheriff Shannons and San Bernardino County said the guy called nine to one one said he was at the hospital with an AR fifteen and a bomb, was hearing voices and the voices were telling him basically to shoot the place up. So huge response. People inside were told to hide or stay and fight, and just a scary, scary time.
Speaker 4: Turns out it was a hoax. They're saying it's a swatting call.
Speaker 2: Now this is in a hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And I've always thought that something along these lines, school hospital, et cetera. Whoever does this, when they're caught should get twenty five years to life and then be thrown in the general population, and the words should go out the guy's a child molester and let him deal with what's going on there.
Speaker 2: It is that serious. I mean, you've got that this is a children's hospital.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, guys, really, and it's probably a misdemeanor.
Speaker 2: You know, we're a low level felony.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go ahead and take a break and go through some of these fall and I think we have time for one more for the break.
Speaker 5: Promising to drive a dagger through the heart of the climate change religion, Environmental Protection Agency administrator Lee Zelden just yesterday outline plans for a very aggressive rollback of environmental regulations, so arguing that you know, deregulation plan would create an environment where businesses can thrive. This keeps this is a similar argument for all of these layoffs and everything. Infrastructure can be built, all these different things.
Speaker 1: But until then, yeah, this is and this has to do with climate change.
Speaker 2: Doesn't believe the climate change is even here.
Speaker 1: It's gone from a hoax to okay, it's here, but it's not man made to Okay, it's here, but it's not an existent exit essential.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not too threat. And so the.
Speaker 1: Bottom line is climate change doesn't affect us and we're not going to deal with it. And industry is far more important, especially the energy industry and fossil fuels are here to go. As the President said, it's time to drill, baby, drill, and that's where we're going. That's what's happening for the next four years. And climate change is going to get worse. But it's already there.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, we've.
Speaker 1: Gone right into critical mass. I don't know why people keep on saying scientists, Oh, we can still stop the swing. Okay, so we're heading towards Army Geddon instead at eighty five miles an hour, we slow it down to sixty five miles an hour.
Speaker 7: Okay, great, we've got tit for Tat tariffs, a new round of tariffs has been launched aluminum and steel that went into effect yesterday, and so then the European Union responded saying we're going to roll out twenty eight billion dollars in retaliatory tariffs next month on products including bourbon that hits, home genes and agricultural products. Britain's trade secretary said his country would keep all options on the table.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you we're about to enter a trade war.
Speaker 1: And when President Trump said he's going to shake up the government, man, he was serious. Now, the only thing is day one prices were going to be dropped.
Speaker 2: By the first year, they're going to go in half. Well not quite, it's going to go the other way.
Speaker 1: So now the President has said, Okay, we're going to have a slight amount of time, a small amount of time while we adjust. That's a big difference from prices are going to be dropping.
Speaker 2: They're not. All right, let's move on. Can were talking to a lot more about this go ahead.
Speaker 3: It's a crazy, crazy story.
Speaker 5: If you saw the footage of this customer at the CarMax they're in Inglewood suddenly and erradically turned and reversed his SUV into the dealership showroom just on Saturday afternoon. Suspected driver twenty five year old Andrew Jesus Arroyo. He injured an employee, several customers and it was I just utter chaos. So the vehicle ended up speeding away. Royo turned himself into the authorities. The Englewood Police said eight people were injured in the chaos, Two were taking trauma centers with critical injuries, and one person is left paralyzed. Oh, and they said that he was unhappy with what they offered him for his vehicle, which is strange because CarMax does a good jobs with them. Yeah they yah.
Speaker 2: I've sold Carmacks a couple of times and they're great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if there was a secondary episode or something going on, but scary, it was.
Speaker 3: Pretty chaotic.
Speaker 7: Did you say, Neil that he went to get a quote? Yes, okay, all right, sorry, I was distracted.
Speaker 3: No, not a problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's my job, by the way. Oh, okay, being distracted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: So the virus is doing what viruses do, and it's mutating. We're talking about the H five N one bird flu virus. Scientists sounding alarms. There's a genetic mutation recently identified in four dairy cow herds, nearly a year after we got our first cases of H five N one bird flu. This one is believed to have been located in San Bernardino County.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 7: They're saying that they're worried about it because it's associated with increased mammal to mammal transmission and also a more severe disease.
Speaker 1: All right, so we know that in the bird population, particularly which affects us hens and eggs, which is why egg prices have just exploded.
Speaker 2: Hundreds of millions of.
Speaker 1: Birds I have been destroyed when this thing goes ahead and transfers to human beings like what COVID did. How many hundreds of millions of Americans you think are gonna have to be destroyed to stop this from going?
Speaker 3: Well? Are we chicking? Kno?
Speaker 5: Before he comes in in the morning. Didn't that take place in San Burdu.
Speaker 3: That's county. It's a big county.
Speaker 2: What city do you live in?
Speaker 3: Cono?
Speaker 2: Oh? So Lomlna is not Methland. That's uh the other cities.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, that's more like Fontana, Hemmett.
Speaker 3: Fontana's looking great these days.
Speaker 2: Do we have listeners in Fontana?
Speaker 3: I'm sure yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I can't. I can't refer to it as Fontucky the way a lot of people do.
Speaker 5: I will tell you if you've driven through uh Fontana.
Speaker 2: I have, and I did it very quickly.
Speaker 1: I might add both in terms of fear and turn of being high on meth.
Speaker 3: I think it's quite lovely. Well, there's I've never been.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think I went once to the racetrack. Wasn't there a really great racetrack in Fontana? And is it still around?
Speaker 3: What kind of racetrack are you talking about?
Speaker 2: The kind of car Nascar? I went once there or some event. It wasn't cars, it was you know, something there. I remember what it was.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move on, sure.
Speaker 5: The Ninth Court, a circuit court of appeals, has ruled that more than sixteen hundred sexual assault cases against Uber will be allowed to continue before a single San Francisco judge. This is a move that has massive, far reaching implications for the right healing app.
Speaker 3: And others.
Speaker 5: I mean, this kind of can go across any home sharing type platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the walking services. Yeah, they haven't screened enough. They haven't vetted enough. Now, the legal part of this is interesting because the I said we're going to take all sixteen hundred and consolidate and put them into one case. What Uber is saying, Oh no, they're stopping it, saying no, we want to separate every case, and that means sixteen hundred individual cases. They all get their own lawyers. But it's a good thing for them that they have to get their own lawyer as opposed to a mass representation or a mass lawsuit, because each case could be heard on its own merits rather than in one clearing house proceeding. So we're doing you a favor by saying we don't consolidate, because that's what we really care about you as plaintiffs suing us. That's the most important thing is protecting you. Doesn't sound like a lot about the pharmaceutical industries. We want to raise prices to help you. That's why we're against any regulation.
Speaker 3: To do sixteen hundred cases.
Speaker 1: Now, they would all do it on contingency, but it would be crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this makes sense. It's the same argument. It's the same argument.
Speaker 1: It's effectively going to be a class action suit or you have do that.
Speaker 7: Though, Bill, I mean, how do you say that sixteen hundred individuals are.
Speaker 4: Because it's all guilty or all not guilty.
Speaker 1: Because you're arguing it's a question of damages and it's a consolidation.
Speaker 2: Otherwise it is. And that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: And if someone if it hasn't happened, then no one shows if someone is innocent, there are no damages.
Speaker 4: If one of the sixteen hundred is yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean that's because everybody has to show damages. There will be if it was a class action, there will be a series of awards all the way from really egregious actions. It just speeds up the court. It stops sixteen hundred individual lawsuits. And most cases they won't go to court. Most cases there won't be a lawyer and there will be no representation. And that's why the consolidation, and in this case, Uber is saying we're.
Speaker 2: Going to help you by you not having a lawyer.
Speaker 7: It's crazy Sonny and Butch not coming home early or maybe not, or maybe they're back to their original delayed return, not quite clear on.
Speaker 2: That, or maybe it will never come home.
Speaker 7: Oh no, they're coming home. They were planning on coming home at the end of March. So there was this big holea balloo to get them get up there and get them back, and so they tried to launch a SpaceX rocket up to the International Space Station yesterday. They had to scrub that. NASA said, it's not because of anything with the spacecraft.
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 7: It had to do with some hydraulics that control the clamps that hold the rocket uplight. So they upright, So they scrubbed the launch that was supposed to happen yesterday. Now it could happen on Friday. And then when they come home, they'll be coming home with our buddy Nick Haig, then Space Force guardian and NASA astronaut that that has has become a friend of the radio station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually a friend of yours. You talk to them all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I tried to get another interview with him before they came home, but they said, no, he doesn't have time. And it's because of stuff like this that Colonel Haget told us. They plan for everything to go wrong, so they're ready for it, and they're just and they're always working on contingency.
Speaker 4: So now they're just adjusting again.
Speaker 5: But how can you for that small of a turnaround, how can you plan for them being up there for months and months and months.
Speaker 7: Well, there's there's enough provisions up there, and they get shipments with supplieslies and all that stuff, and they've got so many experiments that they can do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do stuff. It's it's legit. I mean it's they make the most out of it. Yeah, and it's not like it's wasted time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And when Colonel Hagu went up, he was supposed to go up with four people, but they changed the mission and they just went up with two so that it wouldn't be too crowded when they were up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there's a long wait to come back.
Speaker 1: I mean it's if it's not planned for astronauts to come back at a certain time and they don't make it, then the wait is very long.
Speaker 2: It's like the southern border. It's very, very difficult to get in.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's an analogy for you. Let's move on.
Speaker 5: Sure, more regulations and rollbacks and everything else going on right now. The FCC is planning a new effort to roll back regulations on the tech. I can hear you by the way, hand a hand all.
Speaker 4: He took his headphones up. You can hear you.
Speaker 5: Handle We can hear you folk it there you go. Well, your mic is still on. How did how did Lindsey sleep? For Christ's sake?
Speaker 1: If I didn't ask, I just I just mentioned that the I was able to reboot the internet, and I was proud of the fast Okay, I'm just she walked in the door, and I'm just saying I'm proud of myself.
Speaker 2: I've never been able to do that. I become a techno, maving.
Speaker 3: Very focused regulation on tech.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're doing news, aren't weans? Yeah? Okay, thanks? Moving on.
Speaker 3: A bunch of craft going on in Washington.
Speaker 2: That's it, FCC. Did you mention that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, under the new FCC.
Speaker 3: Rules, this show off the air.
Speaker 1: I know, well, under deregulation, I can do this and not get nailed for it.
Speaker 3: You'll be able to do anything.
Speaker 5: They basically want the public's comments on every rule, regulation, or guidance document that the FCC should eliminate for the purposes of alleviating unnecessarily you know, the regulation burdens is what they're looking at in all of these things across the fort.
Speaker 4: So does that mean we're gonna be able to say the seven words?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, no, no, no necessarily seven words.
Speaker 1: But this show will be able to be uh scatological, depraved, racist?
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, aren't we that already?
Speaker 1: We Yeah, it's the Royal Wei's if we are, it's the Royal wi.
Speaker 2: It's when the king goes we are not amused.
Speaker 7: I see, okay, Uh, officials are not amused about this guy.
Speaker 4: What you wanted this for? Who knows?
Speaker 7: But federal investigators with a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration offering a reward up to twenty thousand dollars to get information that to find the guy who cut off the head of a sea lion on Christmas Day. It happened at Doran Regional Park north of San Francisco. A park staff member apparently had spotted a sea lion. It was already dead and washed ashore, which happens sometimes. So then somebody saw a guy use a black eight inch knife to remove the sea lion's head. He put it in a clear plastic bag and rode away on a bicycle.
Speaker 2: M that's kind of bizarre.
Speaker 4: It's illegal too.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I think the story here is that federal investigators with noah will not have a job next week, so no one has to worry about it. You can cut the heads off all the dead sea lions you want. No harm, no foul, Oh, no harm, because is already dead and it's not a bird that works.
Speaker 2: No harm, no foul.
Speaker 3: All that is holy.
Speaker 2: Okay, why don't we move on let's not move on.
Speaker 1: Why don't we stop right there for this segment and then we're going to come back and I'll try to think of something even more clever because it hasn't worked out too well.
Speaker 2: This morning.
Speaker 5: I made a desert desert diorama with my eight year old boy yesterday. That was much easier than dealing with you.
Speaker 2: Well, it is time, you know, it is time to move on.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump has retaliation on his mind, apparently against a prominent Democratic link law firm, and a judge ruled yesterday that it is slightly unconstitutional. So the US District Judge Beryl Howell blocked the Trump administration from enforcing central provisions of an executive order that seek to punish the law firm.
Speaker 3: Is it Perkins COI? Yeah, I e.
Speaker 5: By barring its attorneys from federal agencies or even entering federal buildings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's not wild.
Speaker 1: So not only can you not deal with any federal agency, right a plaintiff, for example, suing the Department of Transportation. Nope, not gonna let you do it. And you can't even walk in the federal building. Yeah, it's a little bit tough. Now, that's just short of going to the state bar saying, and the federal government wants you to disbar these attorneys because they have sued the Trump administration. But I mean, remember, yeah, retaliation is coming big time, coming up across the board retribution.
Speaker 7: Orange County amy protections for kids of yet to be deported parents.
Speaker 4: They're preparing for it.
Speaker 7: Orange County supervisors have approved a resolution to get ready for.
Speaker 4: A possible surge and children.
Speaker 7: Left without guardians because of immigration enforcement. The supervisor, let's see, Supervisor Vincente Sarmiento, said the reason for the resolution was because they were getting inquiries from school officials about what was being done to plan for a potential increase in the number of kids who are left without their parents if the parents get deported.
Speaker 1: And he's yeah, the one, the one supervisor voted against the resolution, asked how many kids were actually separated, how many kids were abandoned.
Speaker 2: And in the past ten years due to deportation?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: None, Okay, Well, it's one of those things where the court asks And I went through that in the appeals court on a sperm sperm donation law that I was fighting constitutionally, and the court asked me. The appeals court said how many people were actually precluded as a result of this law that you're arguing is unconstitutional. Well none, Okay, why don't you come back when someone actually has been affected? And that's what this situation is. Makes sense, But this is a resolution, not a court case. So resolution passed, all right, the eternal eternal? Hey, pretty much.
Speaker 5: The Internal Revenue Service ordered most of it's approximately twenty thousand customer service employees back to the office this week. You know, they've been doing the hybrid and the remote work and all that stuff for a long time. There's just one problem. The IRS didn't have enough desks to seat them all. So they kind of went and said, never mind, we'll postpone this until further notice. So it basically came back and either they've hired more in that time, or they got rid of some of the desk space.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was, there was no place to sit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is one where I don't understand the Trump administration. Under Biden, the number of IRS agents and employees grew from eighty thousand to twenty twenty one to one hundred thousand today. And Trump is cutting, cutting, cutting, and wants to reduce the IRS as well as all the other governmental agencies. This is the agency that collects money for the government. And considering that the Republicans want to cut expenses, there's two ways.
Speaker 2: Of doing it.
Speaker 1: Either you get more money in revenue goes up, or you make it less expensive to operate. Well, this one is it's going to create more revenue. And they're saying, no, wait a minute, the IRS. So I truly don't understand this one. This is not a political issue. I just don't get this one.
Speaker 5: He doesn't need the IRS. He's got Musk Musky's.
Speaker 1: But that's cutting But I get it, But that's cutting expenses. Musk is not about generating more revenue. It is about cutting expenses. Okay, that's doge. But the IRS brings money in. It's like any business if you will, and that is you can have more money one of two waights. You cut expenses or you get more money, or a combination of the two.
Speaker 2: So I just don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't get why the IRS isn't given as literally as much power and as many agents, as much resources that it needs to collect money.
Speaker 2: You know, the scoff laws.
Speaker 1: They figure hundreds of billions of dollars is left on the table.
Speaker 2: All right, I just that part. I just don't understand and we're done.
Speaker 4: Oh, we don't get to do the hardest steel guy.
Speaker 2: Let's do the hardest steel guy.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: So, an Australian man lived for one hundred days with an artificial titanium heart while he waited for a donor transplant. This is the longest period of time that someone has lived with this technology. He became the first person ever to leave a hospital with a titanium heart, and that it kept him alive until he got his heart last month.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, let me okay, let me go back into the history the first heart. The first patient to have an artificial heart was a guy named Barney Clark and that was nineteen eighty two. He lasted over a hundred He lasted longer than that and then he ended up dying.
Speaker 2: So you know, the technology is better.
Speaker 1: But the one hundred and twelve days, the trigg is how much longer would it have lasted waiting for a heart. And they didn't say, well, you know, we have a heart for you, but let's figure out how long you can last before you die on this one.
Speaker 2: So we don't know.
Speaker 1: And you're right about the technology it's a titanium which hadn't been used before.
Speaker 2: But it was oh, it was one hundred and twelve days. I think that Barney Clark lasted with the first artificial heart before popping off.
Speaker 3: And that was like a plastic or composite of something that.
Speaker 1: It was the Jarvik, something hard. I don't have paper mache, and just a bunch of stuff. I don't know what it was made out of.
Speaker 4: That would have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't have lasted that long, but you could do all kinds of fun shapes with it in different colors.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're done, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: So anyway, and this is kind of an interesting heart because there are really no valves or there's only one. So okay, KF I am six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.