Speaker 1: And yet I ask him, it's not an alien force.
Speaker 2: Already among.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the show. I'm very excited to have this guest here today to talk about a subject I can tell they have researched extensively. The guest is Nicholas Saint Germaine. Nicholas, thank you for coming on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I already like where we were going with the conversation talking about Paracelsus and Nicholas Filmel and some of these legendary alchemists. I know today we're going to talk about Count Saint Germain today. And before I get too far ahead here, I know you have a book published, but also you could tell everyone about yourself some of you would like, or start anywhere you would like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, I say we start with the Count of Saint Germain and go from there. Sure. Now, I think in the broadest of strokes, people who have heard something about the Count of Saint Germaine probably know that somewhere in a not too distant past, a couple of centuries ago, there was this person, a European but a name of Count of Saint Germain, and he had some legendary attributes, so he was thought to be very long lived, perhaps immotal. He was extraordinary wealthy, even though he was not clearly noble, and he was not employed with a specific trade that people could identify. And he was eccentric, unusual, or just strange, depending on how you want to pray emit. So that's the broadest of strokes, and now we can kind of start to fill in some of the details. So got this European man. He is very likely of noble descent, because at that time you couldn't really hobnob with the kings and the queens of the societies without being royal yourself in some ways. Most likely theory about his birth and his ancestry is that he is a descendant of a prince of Hungary, the Rakotsi dynasty. He was born around seventeen twelve, so early eighteenth century. His official death is recorded at seventeen eighty four, so towards the end of that same century. And as I said, unclear origins, but always in a good company company of royalty. He has an unclear source of wealth as well, but he is very wealthy. He does not borrow money, and he shows himself an opulence. He is often undertaking large enterprises. He is a very skilled musician. That's something that we can verify because there are plenty of musical sheets and notes that are still left up, perettas and sonatas and things like that. He is well spoken. He speaks multiple languages as well. He has excellent knowledge of history, and he is at that time was famously known for his chemical work, dies paints, things like that. He keeps very much to himself and a few close friends. And out of all of this come a lot of legends. And legends are interesting, and I will touch on them in just a moment, but I always like to start with things that people can actually dig into and verify, because legends are fun, and that's the other place. But history itself is quite interesting. And so here's some people off the top kind of that have written about him. So contemporary Horace Walpole, he is a British politician, and he was one of the first people who wrote about Saint Germain in around seventeen forty five. So again in the eighteenth century, count of Saint Germaine is present in England, and so they for whatever reason that the British government arrests him, and they say that despite repeated requests, he will not tell who he is or where he came from. But he tells others that he possesses and professes wonderful things. One is that he is not truly Count of Saint Germaine as an like that as a taken name in alias. And second that he has never had any dealings with any woman or any other person, meaning that he had no relationship status. Right, He's very private about his personal affairs, romantic affairs. You can interpret it as you will, but this is just something that he is kind of keeps out of the limelight at the time where any kind of romantic gossip is the sort of thing of the day, and the Prince of Wales has this unsatiate curiosity about him, but he will not reveal anything about himself, so it's kind of a mystery person. He is arrested because he suspected of being a spy. Obviously somebody not using his real name, but being present in the government circles raises suspicion, and eventually he is told to to move on. He can't really be arrested because he hasn't broken any laws, but all the same, he raises suspicion you have another famous person, Voltaire or Francois ar what he says, He makes us rather famous quote in one of his memoirs that Saint Germaine is a man who does not die and who knows everything. And we kind of lose a bit in then without the context. But he also says that you know, this is a man who does not shut up. He is He describes Count of Saint Germaine as somebody who really likes to talk. He likes to talk endlessly, and he knows everything, you know. But it's kind of like said the button judge, we have let's see who else. We have a lend graph of Hessan Phillips, a German, or rather famous German at that time, and he is one of the first people who kind of clears or presents a positive image of Saint Germaine. He says he is not a Seco fan. He is a man of good society, and many people are pleased to attach themselves to him. He stands in close relation with many men of considerable importance. He exercises incomprehensible influences on them. And here there's a little bit of a quote that's quite interesting because it will bear some importance later, and he says he, as a Saint Germaine, is supposed to have intercourse with ghosts and supernatural beings who appear at this call. So this is the first time in the writings of his contemporaries that we get this explicit mention that there's something more to us count to Saint Germain. He's not just a noble man who is multilingual and has an interest in chemistry. He is also he has this other interest and you may call it experimental signs of the day or spiritualism orccultism, but there's definitely that, and we will come back to that because that is something that will reappear in the accounts of others. Another very famous account is from a character that's no imagined almost everyone, Casanova, who was living at around the same time, and they do intersect with each other, and I get the sense, like if you read Casanova's memoirs, which are fascinating and really fun to read, that Casanov really wants to kind of dislike Saint Germaine in some ways because he sees him as a competitor. Casanova was great at some things, and he was quite obvious about being, you know, in some ways an adventure in a charloattan and by no other ways. But he kind of suspected that other people who presented themselves as somewhat dramatic magnificent were also other way is similar people, as in like they were swindlers of some sort. And so that's kind of his impression as well. He says a lot of video quote this. He goes out to Genner says, I meet with a famous adventure googles by the name of Countess Germaine. And this individual, instead of eating, talked from the beginning of the meal to the end. And I followed in his example in one respect, as I did not eat, but listened to the greatest attention. It may be safely said as a conversationalist he was unequaled. He gave himself out to be a marvel and always aimed at exciting amazement, which he often succeeded in doing. He was a scholar, a linguist, a musician, a chemist, good looking, and a perfect ladies man. And this is coming from Casanova, so that's quite some praise. But he later on kind of goes on to somewhat sour this impression. He says, this extraordinary man, intended by the nature to be the king of imposters and quacks, would say in an easy assured man that he was three hundred years old, that he knew the secret of universal medicine, that he possessed mastery over nature, that he could melt diamonds, and he said this was all a trifle to him. And so you kind of get the stunts and thought like, this guy's very critical, surely he's making this stuff up. But then he finishes with a surprising endy. He says, nonewithstanding his boasting, his bare faced lies, and his manifold eccentricities, I cannot say I thought him offensive. In spite of my knowledge of what he was, and in spite of my own feelings, I thought him an astonishing man, and he was always astonishing me. So it's kind of a curious social interaction. Saint Jermaine presents himself this in this bombasta grand way, and Casanova's as well. You know, he's one of us, right, He's like one of these dudes who's drifting around and things like that, but he can never really kind of catch him out Casanova often borrows money and has to flee because he kind of sleeps with somebody. He shouldn't think things like that, But counpus in Jamine doesn't have this reputation.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to jump in and says, I've been real quick. There's an American phrase you hear in rap songs a lot, They say real recognize is real.
Speaker 2: That's right, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: And I just one other thing I want to point out is that that's how you know it's big coming from Casanova to call this ladies man as well, that's.
Speaker 2: Big, right, yeah, yeah, especially again because Cassano was extremely boastful of his affairs and Saint Jermaine throughout the entire time, and a lot of people wrote about him. It's not known to have any interaction at all with anybody, So that's that's quite something. It's a bit of a mystery there. We have other accounts, for example, that there's a certain stuff and Felicite she's another count, and she said that she's known Saint Germain for some time and that he has traveled a great deal. She knew an extraordinary amount of history, and so he spoke very well of ancient people as if he lived with them, and she makes a distinction that he is a well known historian. He's not claiming to be ancient. He's just so well read. Let's say that his stories. Remember, social interaction at that time is very much storytelling around fireplace kind of a thing, right, rather than Facebook. So he was a good storyteller and people really like his storytelling. His principles were the loftiest, and he complied with all exteriors duties of religion, which was another thing. He complies with the surface presentations of religion. He's not a religious person at all in fact, and that later comes to quite a bit, but he is willing to go along with that at that time because religion is still a big part of most people's society. He's very charitable and everyone agrees that his morals were a purist. He's a good physician, great chemist. He painted in oils and painted pictures of pictures in which people were shown where in jewelry that gleamed and reflected light as of made with real stones. So again we kind of come back to this idea that there's something about this person and being able to present paints, dyes, colors, and here I think a little diversion is in order, because right now, if you say, well, look at somebody painted a great picture and it looks very realistic it or with great colors, it doesn't really impress. But back in the eighteenth century, as an artist, as a painter, you make your own pigments, Like if you want something to look green, it's not like you go down to the store and you pick from the fifty shades of green or whatever. You have to make your own pigments, and you have to bind them, and you have to mix them, and often they decay. So it's a whole art be able to develop paints and colors and dyes, and it's in its infancy still because pigments at that time primarily are coming from organic sources, so plants and animals, insects as well. And he Saint Germain, that is, is a pioneer in the sense is that he seems to be experimenting and working with mineral dyes, so taking metals for example, like iron oxide and using that for colorings and things like that, zinc instead of other white substitutes, and so interesting stuff. This chemical angle keeps coming back, and of course, as we talked about in the beginning, Alchemy is the name of chemistry at that time, right, there's no chemistry yet it's it's all called alchemy, and not in a derisive or a different ways. Alchemy is simply the knowledge of working with chemicals at that time. And let's see another person, Carl Heinrich Berean von Glehin. He says of Saint Germain that Saint Germain has never claimed to possess supernatural knowledge. He says that he was very simple, robust individual. He was dressed with magnificent simplicity, and he is known to possess chemical secrets, making of colors, dies, making ways of how other metals resemble gold, and that he has a very strict regime, never drinking while eating, keeping to a certain diet. And that's all he advised to anybody who asked them how to prolong their lives. He'd always advised the same diet that he had, and this is one of the key elements of his life. Right again, his mysteries, mysteries of Saint Germain are essentially three. He's thought to be very long lived, and for that account, he has a particular diet that he follows. He has thought to have extraordinary knowledge of the past, which is either attributed to well his studies or travel or both. Unless he is known for his chemical knowledge and including various dies and perhaps health related things.
Speaker 1: On the alchemy front, it sounds like he was using alchemy as a way to make these paints or yeah, yeah, yeah, that's I've never considered that, Like he was, Like, you brought up a good point there where he's probably having to go out and forwards maybe and find berries or other sorts of items of nature to which he could derive the materials for paint.
Speaker 2: That's interesting to me, right, and that I believe also connects to his wealth because at this time there are advances in textiles. So for example, weaving industry is starting to advance. There's steam most used for travel, but also for weaving clothes, and clothes come on like two or three different colors. Right, There's not a lot of dyes that are available that could be cheaply mass produced. He is going in that particular direction. Specifically, he's like, how can I make dyes that last a long time, that survive washing, and that could be produced on mass because somebody who can unlock that makes a very hefty chunk of change. Not talking about dying with berries, but let's say chemical dyes that last a long time, that could be from crushing or something like that, acids and other things like that. Now you're talking about an industry that's considerably larger than just something that you do in your own kind of like bath or whatever. Right, So lots of money to be made that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wow, yeah, yeah, that's it. You know, I was I was probably shooting it short by saying berries like it sounds like he was really really using alchemy to make these paints. And I wonder how much of this he may have gotten from old text or possibly even the Phoenician tradition. I know that he was said to have had a purple robe or to be able to make purple robes. I think that's a tradition that goes back to Tire and Phoenicia. And I wonder if he was, you know, had any connection to those people who were also seafaring.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's too interesting. Two kind of tangents where he may have got from one, As you said, travel, right, the travel is no longer that different called an eighteenth century. In fact, you could go from say England to India, which is still a long journey, but you could make it in four months five months at that time, so not a lifetime. You could make it there. You can come back, you could go to China, you can go to Japan. It's difficult, but not impossible for somebody who's willing and interesting enough to go along with merchant ships and travel to very distant lands, as from a perspective of European anyway, and by traveling to discover things that these other cultures have known for a long time but are maybe not yet publicly available as knowledge in Europe. So you go to India, for example, and you might learn about how to fill rubies. You know, you have a ruby and you have a fracture in it. The art of sealing rubies with certain substitutes, glass like substitutes to make them look cleaner has been practiced there for a while already, but it was unknown in Europe. So it comes back and it says, look, I can take this diamond and I can make it cleaner. In today's terms, you'd say I'm going to fracture fill this diamond. You know, we could do it everything from laser to lead glass, but or epoxy or what have you, and other more primitive methods, but doing it at that time in Europe would seem like magic. Right, So you took the stone and had these inclusions and you come back two weeks later and it looks cleaner, and you're like, how did you do that? Right? It seems wondrous. So that's one angle and the other angle is that, you know, especially talking about purple, this dye that was so very difficult to obtain because its origins, the ingredients were so difficult to get. Well, if you can come by a different method from something more common, from a metal rather than a shell or a plant or anything like that, then yeah, you could make yourself a purple robe. And purple was the color of nobility because it was so difficult to get that purple diet. Well, now you have a different way of getting that purple. Of course, you do want to show it off, like look what I've got and I didn't have to go all the way to Lebanon to get that or something like that. Yeah, and you know to the point that there's another person, say his name Reinhardt, a ministered to one of the Germanic governments at the time, he kind of. He said something specific about Saint Germaine and his ability. He said his preferred occupation was with preparation of all kinds of dies. He possessed the art of removing flaws from diamonds, and his prescription for health consisted chiefly of a strict diet and the tea. And that he's also mentioned as a person also mentioned that Sin Jermaine asked for nothing, received nothing of least worth, and engage in nothing unbecoming. He lived an extremely simple lifestyle and his needs were almost none, So it's it's a curious thing. He's very self difishient person, which is again in contrast to a lot of various adventures at the time. So plenty of people will level the accusation of him being a charlattan at that time, but ultimately it doesn't really stand up, because a charlatan that there has to be a rug pull somewhere, right, if you're drifting something, you have to take something from somebody. In the end, he didn't. He was you know, maybe you disagree to with his methods of producing chemicals or whatnot, but in the end, he wasn't borrowing money. He wasn't taking money. He was presenting his ideas, and he was self sufficient in achieving the ideas. By and large.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sounds like a businessman. I mean, this all sounds very practical. I love history, and this interests me because this does appear to be a real figure of history. I do want to say that, and your take on this makes it more a bit more real, like more practical again, to use that word. He must have been very extraordinary because we're still talking about him today. But how much of this story has become big fish?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: The big fish story? Yeah? Yes, for people listening, it's a fisherman catches this huge fish and it's big and it's beautiful and it's memorable. But as time goes on and as he tells the story ten years later, the fish has become bigger and more beautiful.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: How much of this do you think is applied to the legend and the legacy of Saint Germain.
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I think that's exactly it. And that's that's why I like to for those who are intersted in that, can I get into some of these contemporary accounts, because I think the legends are fun and we definitely can custom But if you look at the actual stuff that happened. It's interesting enough on its own, and it's worth knowing some of that at least. I mean, we could speculate about everything else too, but let's look at what's actually there as well, in terms of what's been cross referenced or whatever, and you'll find an individual that's actually very interesting, even even if no other legends were attribute to that. And over time you can kind of see us this, Like you said, this big fish thing happened. So you have another figure, for example, Maximilian von Lambert. He's a person who writes his memoirs again towards the end of eighteenth century, about seventeen seventy five, and there's lots of adventures, great stuff to read, but I think most of it is just yes, like he's a good writer, but he doesn't really let the truth get in the way of a story, so to speak. Right, So what he claimed about Saint Jermaine is things like ambidi sterity, So can Saint Jermaine can write with two hands. At the same time, he said that Sin Jermain could make diamonds. He said he could tame bees and snakes with his music. That Sint Jermaine was three hundred and fifty years old, that he could communicate with the dead, that kind of a thing. And then because this has written this book one manuscripts were written at the time that Sin Jermine is still alive. Somebody asked him about It's like, so, what do you think about this Lamberg guy? Right? He kind of wrote some interesting things about you, and he's sin Jermaine said, he's a madman. He does not have the honor of knowing me. So he had no idea who this person was. And he was kind of a bit taken aback. He's like, what is this guy on about? Right? Just why is he writing this stuff? Some hairs say maybe, but it was already ballooning to an absurd degree in his lifetime. But there was something useful in the account of Lamberg. Lamberg did accurately, if by accidents, say that Saint Germain's knowledge of gem work came from his second trip to India. So he seems to have at least known that Saint Germaine as a part of his life and his work was traveling to distant places and getting some information, you know, and you could say the Phoenician style, No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it reminds me of Bolovatsky, who, again with history, I think kind of remembering people wrong. I think a lot of things get it applied to her that aren't necessarily fair, and it's because people haven't gone and done the research themselves. They're just repeating something they read in an article online or what have you. But she was very well traveled, and you know, a lot of her knowledge came from that. It wasn't just oh, she's purely a charlatan who claims to talk to the Dad. A lot of she did have a lot of knowledge and that came from her travels. And I can say that confidently because she traveled around the world three times before she even wrote Is Is Unveiled? So I wonder how much of that is. It sounds like that's the same type of a story as Saint Germaine.
Speaker 2: It's got that thing into it. And you know, my impression is that Levatski never really tried to be, let's say, necessarily historically accurate. She was trying to synthesize a bunch of things that she was perceiving. And it's easier for us today to say, well, you know, I can get bajillion books on Hindu traditions or you know, any other tradition from various parts of the world world analyze them and have an accurate picture. When you're traveling there as a European and you kind of just kind of trying to figure out what stuffs about. You're going to get something wrong, and you're trying to kind of understand that worldview. But there's not a lot of guide books and maps so speak of the culture and the tradition yet, and to us it might seem kind of primitive, but at that time it was still best effort. Crawley later on would go on to try to synthesize that stuff, and like in books like someone seven to seven, right, he is trying to see the similarity across religions and traditions as well. And sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But it's a tempting idea to say, well, you know, these things connect and overlap.
Speaker 1: And I do want to say real quick, I know that people are staying out there. I know Lelvatski is a lot is contested about her, and she's a controversial figure, and I just want to say, you know, I want to give people from history a fair shake as much as possible, regardless of whether or not I think that, regardless of whether or not I agree with their message overall, I still think they deserve a fair shake. And I think that there's been a lot of demonization of Blovaski that's unnecessary. That's that's where I stand with it. But I mean, she's will I will agree, she's controversial, and maybe she did engage in some fraudulent activity at some point. I don't think she was entirely a fraud.
Speaker 2: And since we're talking about that person, they left their mark again, same as Crowley, right, you could say, well, he was a He was a dramatic individual as well, who really likes to put himself up as a listen, it's great beast kind of a thing. And whether you believe in that or whether you think it's tokum or you kind of take it whole heartedly, he made a mark on societal presence at that time in the twentieth century. Really, it's it's kind of inseparable occultism. Field was really shaped by his ideas a lot. So even if you if you don't care about his stuff, he is an interesting figure and he has a place in history as well. So back to Saint Jamaine for a moment. So there was a in waiting to Madame de Pompadour. So this is Madame de Pompadour is the chief mistress of Louis fifteenth at that time, and she wrote fairly detailed memoirs on her life and she mentioned Saint Germaine as well, which is quite interesting. So she is the one that actually mentions the account of Saint Germaine fixing a flower inclusion in King's diamond. So this is a big event at that time because the King Louis the fifteenth and trusts Count of Saint Germaine with its massive diamond. That's a pretty big deal. So obviously, you know, you have you have to have some credit to have kings give you their jewels. And he goes on and he makes it better, so he tells a fracture and whatnot, and he said that he this guy was kind of an enigma to her as well, because he was very plainly dressed, very simply dressed, but in good taste, and his pockets were pretty much always full of diamonds, and he had like diamonds on his finger is it diamonds on his shoes? And you know, dimes in a snuff box. He was ducked out right like he was. He was properly blinked. And one of the quotes that stayed from her is company she Germaine in private said to her he said, he said, I sometimes I amuse myself not in making people believe, but in letting them believe that I lived in the most ancient times. So Saint Jermaine at this time is already aware that he has got a reputation just towards the end of the eighteenth century. He's been living there for some time. He likes it. It suits him right, it's got some flare, and you know, you have to have some presents, right, otherwise it's boring if you're just a diplomat or something like, or if you're just chemists. So he's schmoozing in the right circles. He has to have a persona, so he cannot present himself as a wonder man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it sounds like it's that personality and era of his that got him into the royal courts and got him audience with the kings and the queens. He had to have been aware of that extint to where you know, the more it's like walking a line. It's like I want to be extravagant, but I also want to be elegant.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be a fool on madman, but I need to be mad enough to cause a or to gather attention to myself. He must have been mastered. He must have mastered walking that line. And it sounds like he was a bit of a jeweler. If we were to put a modern dirm on on him like that. That raises a question. You know, we could come back to this later if you'd like. But I do wonder where he was able to acquire these diamonds.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, Yeah, very good questions. Right then, If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's privateering. He was probably engaged in piracy, of some sort of support in piracy or something of that sort, something that would be seen through the lens of time and a much more negative context, but you know, perhaps order of business time. Yes, he came to Malta around you know, end of eighteenth century as well, which was pretty much given license to to plunder the northern African coast because you know, those people were different, right, and so it was okay, Yeah, infidels and all that.
Speaker 1: Sure, And that reminds me again of the Phoenicians in a way, that Mediterranean seafaring culture. These people, I think by the time you get to a Saint Germain at that period in history, there is I think there's a thousand years of seafaring that has happened in that region on Malta and crete and you know, tire and side on, and he may have been able to insert himself into this much older culture and you know, figure out where the diamonds are where, or diamond minding mining, who knows? Who knows?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely yeah. One of the last characters that really knew him well was a Prince, Charles of Hesse and so germanly German prince, and this was supposedly the last individual who kind of really was associated with him before his death or disappearance, no matter how you want to see it. And they they talked at length, and he's in his memoirs this Charles Prince. Charles wrote that initially he didn't really want to deal to have any dealings with this Count of Saint Jamine. He kind of had this reputation and it was uncertain, like he's like, I don't know if this guy's for real or you know, an adventure or something like that. But so he says, I was not particularly desirous of making a connection, but in the end it became his disciple, and that Countess in Jermaine spoke much of improvement of colors, which would cost almost nothing, the improvement of metals, and adding that it was up to necessary to adhere faithfully to the principle that there's almost nothing in nature that you could not improve. So he had this idea that he kind of kept on going about. Second, we're not talking about supernatural wonders, we're just talking about understanding and kind of most sound principles. And he had a particular way of teaching him as well. So he said he confided in means something of the knowledge of nature, but only the introductory part, making me then search for myself by experiments for the means of succeeding and rejoicing exceedingly in my progress. So that was his way. He wouldn't just say, well, here you go, here's the formula, go for it. It kind of give him starting point and a push and then up you go. And yeah, just he was very well thought of by this personality and that he said he made superb dibes. It cost almost nothing. He didn't really ask for anybody, and he was very happy to provide what he was learning to others. The only thing they clashed on significantly is religion, and he just came to Saint Germain spoke disparagingly of Christianity in particular, and Prince Charles, who was very religious, he said, I can't, I can't let you do this right, and so Saint Jermaine kind of was quite for a while, and it's said something on along the lines of like, I'm sorry, I won't speak like that again, because for me, if this religious is nothing, but you you mean a lot, so I will I will refrain from making those comments and contextuff, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: What was he did? He make remarks about Catholicism in the religiosity of it, or you know, Christianity in his doctrine.
Speaker 2: He spoke in particularly critically of Jesus as he perceived it in a more let's say, human way rather than religious way, so more like a religious leader rather than a supernatural being or something like that makes sense. And Charles, Prince Charles was involved in some secret societies like Freemasons and things like that at the time, and he tried to get Countless in Germaine involved in those activities as well, but Countless in Jamin s Nachally refused. He said that I have nothing to do with those people, and that's not my thing. And that's kind of an interesting thing because then people went on to claim various associations between these secret societies here and there and everywhere, kind of a thing of that, you know, Freemasonry had something to do with, or Illuminati had something to do with, and so on and so forth, but there's no evidence that we have that's clear that he was a member of those societies. There are other people whose last name was also Saint Germaine, by the way, as a side trivia, At some point, Countless in Jermaine he had some brothers as well, and he knows that his brothers, because they were forced to flee their lamb, their original lamb, most likely of Hungary, they took on false names and he's like, well, I'm gonna take on false name as well, and I'm gonna call myself Count of Saint Germain. And people said, well, why Saint Germaine Saint Germaine means Holy Brother. I like it. I like the way it sounds. So it's a rather clear indication that it's an alias, right, It's it's not meant to be an actual name. It's not like you can find genealogical tres mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, I want to point out that just to sort of illustrate how far this story has come from. Possibly it's its origins. You know, just about every YouTube video out there on Saint Germain, at least the ones I've seen, claimed that he was a Mason, right, right emphatically, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure, and there's there's lots of overlap. I mean, there was a rather famous and successful soldier at that time who also went by count of Saint Germains, and he was involved in a number of campaigns in Prussia and at least in Russia, I believe, at that time, and he achieved some notable victories, and people kind of correlated that. Look at that, you know he was there as well. Not the same Saint, I mean, it's just the same last night. Likewise, if you look through the registers of Masons at that time, yeah, you'll find Saint germains, and there's a couple of them, but it's it's not this one, it's anybody. Just guess who they were. Maybe it's the military guy, maybe it's somebody else. But Countess in Jamin, of whom we speak here most likely was not involved in our societies. But again the Prince, the German prince, was involved. And you might actually see why this Masonic connection comes to be because despite this rather erudite man leaving an imprint on society at that time, to these contemporaries and various writings about him, he does not seem to leave any writings behind. So it's kind of like strange because you know, he's an educated person. Why doesn't he publish books or anything like that, or why doesn't he write memoirs or what have you? Kind of an odd thing. Well, there's some speculation as to what exactly he has written. There was one book for a while that was i think rather falsely attributed to him, called a Price Great Wisdom or Thrice Holy Wisdom or something like that. That Train or sofi. It's kind of a peculiar of chemical manuscript. Its only relation to Saint Germaine is really because in the binding in the opening pages, somebody wrote that this book once belonged to Saint Germains. So who wrote that? When? Why? Who knows? Maybe it is I'm not contesting it. I'm just saying it's kind of a flimsy evidence. And the book itself is peculiar and one of the later twentieth century figures. Many palmer Hall made a lot of it, kind of as in he thought it had a rather sophisticated message. Again, maybe it does. It's not very clear. It does seem like an alchemical manuscript as to its important people can guess at that. But there was one book that I, or rather manuscript I should not called the book. It was not published, it was written that is more closely associated with him, and that's the Triangular Book. And presumably if you've seen my website you've at least encountered that it's a manuscript in the shape of a triangle, which is rather interesting. It's ciphered, meaning that it's in code, so it does these little funny squiggly symbols instead of letters in it. And it's something of a fascination of mine and something I've spent a third bit of time and of working with and in terms of not just translating and publishing it, but later trying to make sense of it. Yeah, in eighteen seventy five, so this is past past his lifetime, let's say our official lifetime. We have this Mahatma cout figure, which is kind of like a precursor of or a teacher of Madame Blovotski. I don't know if this person is real or not. Somebody who's more into theosophy may be able to speak to this, but he is. This Mahatma is one of the people who inspired the formation of geosophical society. And this person, whoever they were, wrote that Saint Germain recorded the good doctrines in figures in his seiffered manuscript that remained with a staunch friend and patron, the benevolent German Prince Charles. So so it's interesting because it's the first reference to this triangular manuscript, and while at least it's kind in some ninety years after count of Saint Germaine's death. Again, this is the only manuscript that seems to be directly correlated or linked to Saint Germain. There's no mention of Gino Sophia or anything like that. But there is this triangular ciphered manuscript which will be something that what can I come to? And Helena Blovatski, who you mentioned, we're talking about nineteenth century and the nineteenth century. Now she mentions that she came to learn about a curious manuscript. It belonged to a fellow a theosophical society in Germany. I learned mystics, I learned mystic and it is written in mystical characters, half cyphrus, half alphabet, and its author is the famous and mysterious account of Saint Germain. And she makes it rather obviously. She does not know what is in the manuscript, by the way, but she takes a guess at it, and I think kind of misses the point. But she said that describes the location of Garden of Et, but she knows about it. So the book, the manuscript has some renowned by this point, but not too many people see it, and even less know what it's all about.
Speaker 1: Is this the book that you have published that you're speaking?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, that's correct, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, So it's I have looked at that, you know, it was. It's got some symbolism, it's got a dragon. It's got some you know, some some form of a language or a scipher and you're saying that this was this was known to Bovatsky even.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it's the book I keep calling the book because the manuscript, the manuscript is dated to about seventeen fifty, so it's right in the middle of the eighteenth century when Saint Germaine was doing his thing, so it corresponds to his life then quite well. And there are three known copies, each slightly different from each other, that have emerged from that around the same time. And yeah, it's it's written cipher at what difficulty is decipherable to French of the time, So again quite believable. Saint Germaine spent a lot of time in France, he wrote, he spoke French as well, and when deciphered, it presents a ceremonial ritual. It's a it's a magical book. It presents a ritual through which a person who performs the ritual can maintain to one of three gifts or wonders. They can extend their life beyond the century with health, and like maintaining their health, they can find the location of precious stones gold, silver, and other precious things in earth, and they can discover things that were lost in the seas since the Great upheaval as it calls it, So I mean the deluge or whatever, the great flood. So reference to ancient times, let's say, ancient cultures, perhaps knowledge of ancient things or physical ancient things, so to kind of to simplify that, it's like three goals. You have your extension of life and health. You have acquisition of physical wealth through minds of various sorts, through industry you could say, and last acquisition of knowledge, ancient knowledge.
Speaker 1: And was this was there anything to do with the Garden of Eden involved with that as well?
Speaker 2: There was nothing to say to the Garden. But I think the Garden of Eden it was a little bit of a generalization in the sense of if you're talking about Garden of Eden, you're talking about time way before humanity. Is knowledge, right, it's ancient history stuff. It's not just a spiritual thing, but it's it's the kind of stuff that happened before at the Ice Age or something like that. That's far and the recesses of people's collective memory. So ancient ancient history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and perhaps there are some immortality involved as well with that, with the fountain of youth there in a tree of life, these sort of things that are said to have been there.
Speaker 2: Right, then, if you read the scriptures, you have these early generations of humanity that lived for a very long time. Right, They're living for thousands of years and things like that. I mean, it's hard to know exactly how anyone's counting at that time, but still there's this notion that people have lived for much longer periods of time. And the reason why why I bring up these goals is twofold one in this ceremonial magic book. Yeah, these three goals that very much line up with Saint Germaine's interest. So you know, if someone was wanting to present a material that that seems to align with his story, they did a good job. So it's very likely that it is his work, because it's just it's his thing. Like he's into this longevity, he's into a particular diet or what have you. He's into having a source of wealth and again knowledge of history and things like that. The other thing that's kind of interesting about this is that it's it makes it somewhat less fantastical. Well maybe not the first goal, because just extending your life in the sense is interesting and maybe it seems magical, but it's it's a book of industry, if you will. It's not like I call upon a genie and the genie gave me a fat bank account. It's kind of like the genie told me, well, here's a minor and effort. Great. You still have to be a pretty industrious person to organize yourself, to get yourself over there, to create a whole new mining set up there, then to haul stuff out, bring it to wherever, refine it, sell it. Right. By the time you do that, you've got a business. Right. It's it's not like money from the sky. You have to be a pretty withed person. Likewise, having ancient knowledge. It's not great for trivia nights, but if you want to actually use it in some ways, you've got to be a person who goes to places. If you go to India and you learn about the fusing of rubies, that's cool, but what do you do with that? Well, you can actually go and fuse rubies and sell them and things like that, right, or you got mind diamonds and sell them and Belgium or what have you. So yeah, it's it's a book that kind of pushes you to be the kind of person that is great, but through labor, not by just a wave of a wand kind of a thing.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, you have to do the work. You have to climb them mountain and yeah, yeah, cross an ocean perhaps even wow. Yeah, so it's it's the book is like his secret, the Secret of Saint Germain in a sense, it's like all the things that made him who he was perhaps encoded in this book. And so you believe that you solved that code? How did you How did you find out what it said?
Speaker 2: How did they solve the code? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or decipher it?
Speaker 2: Two parts. There's like a part that I'll try to pat myself on the back floor, and the other part that was kind of given to me, And one's just down the earth, the other one's more fantastic. So a lot of it was effort. I'm not a cryptologist by trained or anything like that. I just I really wanted to all of it, and I dedicate a lot of time to it, and you know, with perseverance, I was able to get there. Also by having read fairly extensively in this field, I was able to make some connections that other people were not. So the last person who owned it the manuscript privately was Manley Palmer Hall, who had a society in California that kind of was yesoterically minded and things like that. And around the time when he was making his purchases, which is like nineteen thirty, he had some efforts that decipherment made of the manuscript and they were okay. I've looked at those efforts and they were just not complete because cipher is multilayered, so there's a substitution cipher meaning like this particular quigly bit stands for letter E. Let's say, so okay, as if as long as you figure out that that symbol maps to that, you can start to tryranslated. But there's a few difficulties. One, there are absolutely no spacing or punctuations in the book, so it's all one great gob of symbols, so you have to figure out the word breaks, which is annoying. But second, even if you do, then you figure you can I get this general text that has this ritual. But during a ritual, you're asked to say certain words, is magical words as calls to the spirits and their gobbletygook. And that's how they were left by all the decipherments, because if you're say some kind of mathematician or even a cryptanalyst or whatever else, you make your best effort to translate this, but you wouldn't know what word tetragrammaton means, or you'd expected to see it in that text. So if you see it spelled backwards or something like that, you just leave it like that, because goodness knows what magical words are. So Captain counting these words that were just nonsensical, and that's a is after decipher in the first layer, and I was like, nah, there's gotta be something more to it. And then over time it kind of came that they corresponded very closely to another list from another book, another Grimore magical book called Heptameron Heptameron of Peter attributed to Peter de Abbano. And there's Peptameron as another magical book. It's rather elaborate. This is not a copy of it, but it's like as somebody worked with that text and simplified it and made their own custom version of that, or used some of the spirits names from that, And so in seeing similarities from other occult texts. I was able to decipher some of these other bits, and so that's kind of the that's the analytical part that stuff, like I said, the pattern of back, I did it myself. Explanation that. The other explanation is that it's something to do with my family. I a long long time ago, as in multiple generations on my father's side, my predecessor was involved in secret societies because it was the thing to do at the time. People went like into Masons, like they were into all sorts of about like rotary club these day, I guess less all these days, but you know, there used to be this big thing pre war, before and even after the World War II. Still that's kind of stayed around. Men's clubs were an acceptable thing and people were into them. So my predecessor was involved in a particular group that had connections to the Verian illuminati. So he was a records keeper library and essentially there and he was in charge of keeping certain books safe. So when some of those societies started falling apart and the books sold off, he was charged in making sure that while those manuscripts could go to private collections, that he always knew where they went. While a triangular book was one of those, and he had a cipher to it that made its way to me through a very long period of time. And I thought it was a curiosity and almost like a feeble like curiosity when my grandparents were talking to me about this when I was a kid. But turned out it was a real thing. And when around the year two thousand, when many Palmer Hall died and his estate had to be sold off, Getty Research Institute in Los Angeles bought it. I was like, all right, well here we go. So I went there and said, well, I have a kind of a claim to this. I want to write to this thing. I want to work with it because I have some family history, and all right, sounds good. The only other people who have come before you were just kind of sit and hold the book hoping that will kind of like imbue them with magical powers or whatever. You're the first one to actually want to make sense of it. And so they were very agreeable to me working with it and translating it and all that stuff, and so yeah, that's kind of how it came to be. It's it's all connection.
Speaker 1: Wow, did you did you talk to Ronnie Pontiac? About this.
Speaker 2: No, that does not seemed to ring a bell.
Speaker 1: Well, he's I'm supposed to talk to him soon. He was a personal assistant for Manley P.
Speaker 2: Hall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, I didn't know if you crossed paths with him, but no, I was. I think it's interesting that you you went to Mainley P. Hall's library in LA You made the trip out there and you talked to him and you I'm assuming you told them your backstory in your connection with this and they were like, yeah, it's you have claim to this book. That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: I talked to get to Your Research Institute, not to although I did talk to PRS, the Philosophical Research Society, and I've given a few talks there since, both around the publishing of the book and later on because they had an interest in it. So they have a copy of the book and a lot. But know that the book itself, the manuscripts rather, I should say they came from get You Research Institute's collection, because that's what it is now.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, So you don't have to go into detail about this if you do not wish. But you said your predecessor was bookkeeping for the Bavarian illuminatis a branch.
Speaker 2: Let me let me specify, right, because it's it's a wild claim. Really, that's that's a little interesting side shot there. So there was a lodge called the Three Masons, at least that's that the English name. I probably wasn't French, but I believe that this particular lodge was in Saint Petersburg, so Russia the modern day, I suppose, right, and he was, yeah, he was a librarian there, okay, and the Saint sorry sorry, that the Three Masons was founded or organized by an individual called Johann bolber Bo Johannbert I probably missed pronounced that. It's German name, but he was one of the original illuminati of the the Veryan tradition. Because they were disbanded, right like, they were disbanded in the eighteenth century as well, they kind of caused some trouble, let's say, and the princes weren't very happy with them, so they kind of went into various other nearby countries and they've tried to organize some things. And you know, people have claimed a lot of things since then about this and that and the other thing, and I don't know that's that's in its own legend. But yeah, this Johann Johann Wilbert organized the Three Maces, and that's the connection. That's where my predecessor was involved in, like worked as a librarian or as a member rather.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and with with the book itself, with the manuscript itself, I don't remember if we touched on this earlier. I don't think that we did. I don't know that you get of a definitive statement on this. But it said that Count Saint Germaine was a master of many, many languages, right? How true was that? And did that play a part in this code? Was he was he borrowing from different languages to produce this code?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say so. No, The code itself was symbols. They look like resicution or Masonic ciphers, but really they're just symbols. You know, there's quickly bits in various ways. They don't resemble a language. The language underneath this French that's rather unambiguous. I tried for other languages when I was decip Ferank as well, and this French not too archaic either, So it's believably eighteen century French. The magical words that are in use are traditional mix of languages that you see in the cult remords, meaning that they have either Greek or ara Amic or other kind of origins, let's say. But that's quite common. The magical tradition is rather rich, coming from Semitic languages and some Greek languages as well. What's curious, though, is that the book itself, it has a few diagrams. You mentioned, say the Winger dragon, which is an interesting figure. It has a couple of other figures in it. There's one figure that you're supposed to placed upon your head. It's like this ritual figure that you use during the ritual, and it has a lot of all chemical symbols in it. And these symbols they are not explained at all, and it's up to somebody who is interested enough to decipher that because they're further It's like, I don't want to make it seem like, well, this is a final story, right is closed. There are many mysteries to the book. Still, you know, what are those symbols? What do they produce? If you want to have an authority in alchemy, like a real authority. I'm not talking about like psychologizing or spiritualizing alchemy, that kind of happened in the twentieth century, in twenty first century, but alchemy as it was as a chemical sort of thing, then you have no better authority in today's world than Professor Princeshipey Laurence PRIENTSHIPI from Johns Hopskin University. He is a head of chemistry there. He has written extensively about alchemy in a very sane and level headed way. He has also attempted a number of these alchemical procedures and have found to be very effective chemical procedures. So he's in line of thinking of these are chemical physical experiments. There are not trying to be spiritual meditative practices. These are chemical practices. And likewise you have these early chemical students and practitioners like Robert Boyle who have has practiced what might be called alchemy today but really or alchimen in the past days, but now it's called chemistry. The point of all of this is like when when I kind of show them some of this stuff, it's like, well, that's interesting. There's a symbol for zinc here zinc being a rather new thing for the eighteenth century at the time, you know, and it's it's it's a very unambiguously at zinc symbol. So it's again, there are things there in the book that are not just random squiggles, but likely educated after its research and experimental chemistry. I suppose you could say. And as to what they depict, I don't know. I don't have enough chemical knowledge to say this is a compound for laughing gas, or or a formula for immortality or whatever else. But in terms of longevity, by the way, his his formula, that's this tee, the Tea of Longevity immortality, as it's called. It's it's rather well known. It's on my page if you want to go look it up, but mixed for a good tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So there's so there's a layer to this that is I'll just say scientific.
Speaker 2: I would say, so, yeah, like it's.
Speaker 1: It's chemistry, and it's scientific, and it's but it's also alchemy, and with alchemy magic magic exactly. I was gary to say, I think with alchemy enters the supernatural. And I think you said earlier that it was believed that the Count talked to ghosts and spirits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was the interesting oddity. And and thank you for reminding me to come back to this, because he Count of Saint Germaine has stated his importance of his work on dies and things like that, But there really was only one outlier to all of the stuff, like, yeah, you can talk about fixing diamonds and making dies, but there was one thing that he claimed rather adamantly to multiple people, and that laid well outside of the boundaries of what we consider say science, and that is that he was the perfect master of spirits. That was his repeated claim that he had mastery over the spirits. And today, when you make that statement, that places you firmly rather into an unscientific camp. Let's say, But in the eighteenth century, this early modern science period, the world was not bifurcated between science and say spirituality. It was kind of more continuum. So today I'm trying to think like the equivalent would be experimental science quantum physics. Right, you read about quantum physics and it starts to sound like either science fiction or magic as well, quantum entanglement and things like that. And I think that around eighteenth century his work with spirits and magic and the cult and all that stuff were was along the same lines, like this experimental edges of what is known what is possible, and the book itself suggests the same. It's not a chemical recipe for better clothes. It's a magical ritual. It's an appeal to the spirits to be judged and to be granted wishes through supernatural agency.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, And it reminds me of Isaac Newton, who was an alchemist who wrote a lot of our chemical manuscripts. And you know, I've looked into this a little bit, and I think I can say with confidence that early science came out of the oicult in my opinion, and some of these magical practices would later turn into scientific work. And I would have to do a whole show to break that down for people. But you know, some of the these early methods that these guys were using, that in Isaac Newton's time, we was very magical. It's interesting to see how far it's come to this, and it's in the realm of there's no there's no supernatural in this anymore. And so for me personally, I don't struggle with the supernatural nature of this realm. Personally, I believe that there are things that can happen that a lot of people don't believe can happen. I don't get been out of shape over the spirit realm and all this talk of the spirit realm. So I just want to, you know, tell you where I stay in with that. I think you can have both. I think both can be true. Right. He could be doing supernatural with the scientific in mixing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only thing I would probably push back on the bit is that the term supernatural itself is as a bit misguide. I don't think it's supernatural, it's just misunderstood or not fully understood or what have you. I don't think there's a violation of the laws of nature in any sense here. It's just kind of like it's out of balance of knowledge. But it does not make it invalid in the sense of it. It has to break the laws in some ways. Right. So what people have called and still do call spirits, You know, you could say that it's like collective unconsciousness or some other thing, or it could be couldn't snow with what else, some kind of vibrations or rays as the hippies used to say. But it doesn't change the fact that it's like it seems to be something that humanity touches upon throughout its existence but can't quite explain. It doesn't have to be people wearing white robes flying around somewhere, right. It could be a giant lm in the sky that's beaming from some other planet or whatever. It could be some other thing, but it's still beyond comprehension for now, and so people make their best effort explain it.
Speaker 1: Sure, and we might not understand all the elements. We understand water and fire, but there could be an ether. There could be this energy field out there that we do not quite understand that maybe some of these guys did understand. In fact, I think it was said that friends Mesmer was influenced by Count Saint Germaine. Now a treat used the expert on this. You can tell me what you think about that. But Mesmer, and I think Bullar Lagden as well, his name gets mentioned when you talk about Count Saint Germaine and these guys believed in this energy field or real or what have you. What do you think about that? Is you know, threw a lot at you, But tell me what you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, while I haven't seen direct interactions between Mesmer and Saint Jermaine, obviously you have disparity in the time frame there Again, you absolutely can have influences like that, you know, building upon the other we have very scant evidence like this, this is a fairly influential person, obviously, and we have well, I guess we're lucky that we have an account from maybe a dozen people, but that's not a lot in the grand scheme. Who knows who he had talked to, He traveled a lot, You may have had a lot to do with lots of these figures. Mesmer's work is often reduced to hypnotism, which, okay, so it's a start. I mean, it's not a bad way to approach it, Like you could say that he's a precursor of clinical hypnosis, but it sort of reduces it to our current understanding, which again is fine. But maybe he was getting at something that's a little bit beyond that. And to give a modern day example, it's twenty twenty, after all, right, you have plenty of people talking to CHGBT and having intense emotional responses to them, right to a point where that they believe that they're having a conversation with an intelligence. And these are, after all, computer models. They're not intelligence. It's not yet anyway, It's not in the sense that you and I could be considered an intelligence. But at a certain level, yeah, that's right. At a certain level, it can act so close to what we take a sentience that it's easier to adopt the model of saying like, oh, let's assume it's kind of like a guy or a girl on the other end of the line, and I'm talking to them, because it's just it's more comprehensible. And I get that. So even when somebody says, hey, you're talking to this thing that's made up of electrical bits essentially, and you go, no, you don't understand it's alive, right, it's not because the person is is is kind of missing the point of technology. He's just here or she. They're experiencing something and their mind is making their best effort to fit their experience with with their emotions and likewise with mesmerism and kind of their understanding of the world. And again count Saint Germaine and the Alchemist. Everyone's trying to understand the world and present this map and they know it's a map. It's it's not perfect, but it's an effort to understand the world.
Speaker 1: M hmm. You know I should have brought this up a minute ago when we were having this conversation, and yeah, we could have we could dissect the words supernatural. That's that might not be the best word to use. I understand that. But when it comes to Paracelsis even I've read some of his work, well it's work attributed to Paracelsist that.
Speaker 2: Comes up right, Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Basil Switchland, and know, judging about what I've read, he certainly believed in a a realm of entities, I'll just put it that way, like the Sylphs, dryads, all of that, and that you could work with him. I think he called them elementals, yes, And also in some of that work, maybe it was uh mart some of the Martinist stuff I read where they talked about the the Olympias or the Olympic spirits. That's what it is, these these governing spirits. Yeah yeah, yeah, So what do you think there was? Was germane Is? Did he think that you could work with these entities in your alchemy in a Paracelsian way?
Speaker 2: Could be he He doesn't specifically mention the classes of his spirits. Again, we're left with a very short written work that's a tribute to him. So it's it's interesting though, because the original not the original, but let's say the inspiration have Tamoron book, it looks like it's deriving that from something else, or heptamara On itself is derived from an older text that maybe dates back to like a thousand or so of common era. It's symmetric magic again, but who knows where where that's coming back from, like, but it goes through various transformation by the time it gets to Peter de Abano in sort of like sixteenth century or so. These spirits are called angels, but it was a common practice to call spirits angels because if you're not calling up all angels and you're a Christian, that it makes you look pretty subs right. It's there's something very strange and you should not be talking to anything other than angelic things. And people who who kind of examine these spirits and the various things that they are attribute to it is they certainly don't sound angelic in some ways. But here we are in Saint Germain's version of the text, that religious connotations are even more neuter. They're not removed entirely, but they're definitely not a particular religion center. There there are appeals made to God, as there are in all Grimore's. It's it's the Creator and that kind of a thing. But in some scriptural references, but they don't really reference a particular religion. And so you're calling upon some kind of spirits, whatever that means. And as I've mentioned in a few of these talks, there's a curious divergence from most Grimor's Grimore's the way that people who are familiar with them a little bit. They can be seen almost as a Laddin story. You call upon a genie, and if you just know the right words to say or the right justice to do, you can compel this other entity, this genie, into some kind of action. So you call upon your spirit and you say, well, I order you, or command you to do such and such a thing for me. Right, that's the standard faar of Gromors since Egyptian tax and Greek tax and Papyra and all stuff. But here it's different. It's a little bit different, but in an important way. You call upon the spirits in this ritual and where you purify yourself prior hand to So you call upon these spirits and then you say, I ask you you the spirits to judge me by the purity of my soul, and if you judge me worthy, I wish to be granted the gift of say, long life, that kind of a thing. So it's a different it's a power in version. You're not saying I command your spirit to grant me a long life. You're saying instead, like, I am here before you as a panel of judges, and if you judge me worthy, then grant me these gifts. And so you know, take some courage to kind of stand in front of an unknown jury and say, well, I'm willing to be put up and evaluated. And it also suggests that it's not free. Let's say you're asking for something and if you're judged worthy, okay, you might get it. But in exchange, you're going to be asked something in return. And I kind of leave that to the imagination interpretation as to what that might be. But it's it's not a free be Let's say it's a trade. It's a labor as well.
Speaker 1: I see, And is this, I mean, is this part of the book. Yeah, potentially, Yeah, So I would say I don't want to just label it. I don't want to just blanket label it. But it does sound like a grimoar in that sense.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yeah, it has a groomoric aspect what they accept. And as I said that, you're you're not promised anything you It's not like you say these right words and you know, cheese falls from the sky kind of, I think you The only thing that promises you is that if you do this thing at a certain time, you're going to submit yourself to judgment. If you're comfortable with that, then if you go I see, it's it's actually it's it's a puzzle in itself. Why there's such an effort to decide to cipher this book though? Because eighteenth century, honestly, literally serrate is not that high. You could have probably written a book in French or Latin and very few people would have been able to read it anyways, let alone be able to do the thing. Then to encipher it with one level with plenty to kind of boggle the minds of I don't know pretty much everyone except for like one percent or something like that. And then to add extra layers of incipherment, it's just like, it's it's a real question asked to why why go through such an effort? And as I keep saying I don't think and I lay no claim whatsoever on saying that I've deciphered the whole book. There's in change changes colors in different parts of the book. There's three different colors that alternate in seemingly random patterns. There's symbols like little plants and whatever else that appear in different pages of the book that may be meaningful. And there's lots of stuff. There's subtext. Let's say, there may be other codes in the book. It's it's really interesting. I think there's something there. But why why go through such an effort when this book was you know, singular copy or three copies and whatnot. And what is the purpose of that level of not just secrecy, it goes beyond that, It goes to kind of a special level of Enthusiasmals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, a lot of the alchemical texts I think are mains mysterious, where it's we don't understand all the diagrams in the symbolism or or the uh, you know, the.
Speaker 1: Recipes if you will. I think a lot of this stuff is still strouded in mystery. It's it's as if these guys I went to this similar mystery school and taught this secret language and they were in on it.
Speaker 2: They're in the know, right, and.
Speaker 1: It's like when they wrote these books, it's almost like they they were writing them for their fellow brothers and initial peers and the peers.
Speaker 2: Again, I highly recommend prinship is work. For example, I'll Keep You Tried in the Fire is an excellent book if you want to get some insight into these daconom and these these cold words that they used across the manuscripts. Unfortunately not very consistently. So that would be nice if there was a master list of symbols or words that they were consistent used, but it's just not the case. And the wonder, my goodness, the wonder if I did this at some point, like looking in the libraries in France and England at the end of eighteenth century, look at manuscripts, and they're beautiful, these al chemical works. The calligraphy is fantastic, and sometimes it's terrible chicken scratch, but some of it's fantastic, and the art is the symbolism is just it's captivating, right that, like it's riveting even today to look at it. And then something happens. End of eighteenth century people adopt the standard chemical alphabet, let's say, for depicting chemical reactions, and it takes off it just like people love it because it's so universal to write ch rather than something else that draw a dragon or a king being half dissolved in the tomb. And almost overnight, it's not quite that. It's like a couple of decades, it goes from being this mysterious work of art that you look upon without understanding sometimes and you're still fascinated to just a notebook filled with Latin letters and the standard chemical symbols that we have today. And in some ways it's fantastic because it's made so much more accessible and you can understand that to much greater degree. But on the other hand, this are the emotion of it is kind of gone and something is missing, like there's a there's an element that's nutrient from it in the transition to chemistry.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm thinking because I looked at your website and you've got a part there about the Vita prima Tria, right, which last time I checked when I was like reading up on the alchemists and such. I think Paracels has got the Vita prima from Jibber.
Speaker 2: Perhaps most likely yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And he himself, Paracels has added salt as the third hone.
Speaker 2: It right, it's it is more clearly linked to pair Celsius rather than the Arabic precursors. So his his was this idea of the three well, three things that you can decompose almost anything into. Yeah mm hm.
Speaker 1: So it's vita prematrea sell for mercury salt, right.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, it's kind of like if I remember reading somebody's rather good explanation about this. If you take any let's say, biological thing, I'll leave, and if you expose it to flame, the first thing that escapes you could call it the the alcohol spirit of the matter you have. That's one that's volatile, right, And that's the mercury. And then you continue to heat it, and you extract the oil, right, this essential oil of a plant, if you will. And then finally, when you continue to heat it and ultimately reduce it to ashes, this indestructible thing that you can keep burning it, but the ashes are still there, you know. That's the salt, right, Like, it's the thing that will stay behind no matter what. And so yeah, it's a again that's a way of dividing the world in some ways and trying to make sense of it. And yeah, it doesn't make its appearance.
Speaker 1: So I've got this book. It talks a lot about alchemy. It's called The Philosopher's Stone, Alchemy and the Secret Research for Exotic Matter. It's a Joseph P. Farrell book, and he presents an interesting timeline and here for where he thinks that the or he suggests that the the alchemy and the knowledge of the mysteries kind of go underground for a while. It's like they disappear for a while. And I think it was something like three hundred BC two or sorry, three hundred and eighty to around fifteen hundred is where he sees almost like a dark age is for this stuff, and it kind of does kind of coeside with the Dark Ages. I just I bring it up because I think it's interesting because right in the middle of that is around eight hundred AD. That's ta Beer's time. So that suggests to me that this knowledge maybe it went underground in Europe, but it didn't go underground in Arabia or Turkey or Stanbul. So it's like I just find that fascinating that there was We think of if history as if the Dark Ages encompassed the whole of Earth. But I think that this stuff was being practiced all along in the Middle East. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, there's a kind of rather continuous tradition of it. It's unclear how far we can stretch it into the past Egyptians or whatever, but we know that's ay. Around ancient green you have a lot of concentrated thought, but philosophy, philosophy being not just kind of how to live your life, but really an understanding of the world around you, kind of a thing and making sense of everything from mathematics to astronomy to chemistry and all of that. And then you have the next great empire, Byzantine Empire, right, that's kind of rises and it has its heyday, and eventually, through war and conquest it's declines, but not before its library is being rather well plundered by the Arabic world, and the Arabic tradition comes to life not just in acquiring this knowledge, but innovating on it and improving on it. So it's very much not the Dark Ages in those lands. It's where you have the Arabic people taking these Byzantine manuscripts, taking these Greek manuscripts, perhaps Egyptian work, and really working with running with it. And yeah, as you say, you know, you have your chemistry development, you have various other things, mathematics being highly advanced at that time, and Europe simply does not have those manuscripts. It is unaware of them. It's not so much that it's hidden, but it's like kind of not really known until these interactions, these crusades, these hopefully more friendly interactions as well, trade and whatnot again that bring this knowledge back. And imagine your you're some kind of among trading with these foreign allies or sometimes enemies, and you have to be knowledgeable, will across multiple languages and try to make sense of this tradition that's coming. It's not so much it's distorted by it. It maybe is difficult to recognize. It's not difficult to recognize even as Greek because it comes from Arabic interpretations. You have this famous collection of magic called text called Picka Tricks right around a thousand of Common era, and it's Arabic in nature, but it's sorry, it's Arabic in composition, but it's not Arabic in nature itself. It's collection of all sorts of knowledge from what was valuable at that time in Arabic lands, and Pickatrix ultimately gets translated into Latin and makes its way into Europe that way, and it has a massive influence, even though most people don't know much about it, because it's just such an enormous collection of knowledge and slowly trickles back into Europe. And you know Alchemia again right there. The art of the Egypt or the art of kind of that that land Kim Egypt is is called that way, not because it originated in Egypt, but because well, in Egypt it was rather developed at that time and in the time of like when when people were not really put into too many other things together. You know that they've had the ability to melt and refine metals and do all sorts of things that we we still find fascinating, the class and all these other things.
Speaker 1: Land of Kim Mm hmm, yeah, I would. I would argue that a lot of these manuscripts from Egypt and the greater Middle East made their way into Egypt, or that maybe you could say, back into Europe during the rent, during the Renaissance, during the fall of the Byzantine Empire, where all these people moved out of out of I don't remember exactly the struggle, but I think Constantinople was finally conquered, and a lot of those people left Constantinople and went up into Europe, and with them they brought art and the knowledge of these the alchemical knowledge and the knowledge of the mysteries. I see it going back in New Europe right there, right then and there at that point in time. But you know that that's I guess that's neither here nor there. It's just you got me thinking about it. But what so the book is a upside down or how do you call it an upside down triangle?
Speaker 2: I just called a triangular book.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I got you, I got you, triangular book. I was just I was curious if it was meant to be a triangle flipped upside down for any particular reason.
Speaker 2: But well, I mean, it's written on both sides, so there's one that's flipped up and the one that's flipped down, so you can take your pick.
Speaker 1: I see, I see. And what about the dragon is with the dragon has a face on its tail, what's the symbology there.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting dragon too if you look at it, because if people know what a dragon looks like ever since, they're like tiny kids, right, And the European dragon sure don't look like that, and the traditional Chinese or Japanese dragon also doesn't look like that. It's an interesting figure because in say, the Chinese mythology, dragons are a big deal. They are just these water spirits. They look more like serpents. There are these very flowy, snakelike creatures. They occasionally have tiny low arms or legs or something like that, but they are these serpentine things, sometimes in the water, sometimes in the air. Sometimes they have wings, but it's extraordinary rare. The wing a dragon is supposed to be the oldest of all kinds of dragons and Chinese mythology it's the one that attained to immortality. All dragons live for a long time, only winged dragons live forever. And so it's a particular classification that seems to stem from easier, let's say, and European tradition of dragons is more of well, these vibrants, as we call them, like these creatures with big wings that breathe fire, all sorts of a lot of things like that. Dragon myths in general seemed to come from Egypt as far as I could tell, like a trace it down. That's perhaps even has to do with some kind of stories of great storms that would fling up serpents in the sky and I would kind of fly around and land and you terrifying you. But more to the point, this book, it starts without cover of a winged dragon, and I think after staring at it for many a year, it kind of occurred to me, and it's just a perfect symbol for the work that's in there, because what is a dragon? Right from anybody who's seen Lord of the Rings or anything like that, or read the book or anything of a similar sort, knows that dragon's hoard treasure, right, there's always an association between a dragon being a guardian of wealth, specifically of wealth. So God, without overthinking it, it's a creature that guards wealth, right, that's one two dragon lives for a very long time. There's kind of no real disputing that. It's it's not a kind of a short lived creature that kind of comes and goes. No, this is a thing that's been around for a lot longer than some of the other creatures around that, right, And it also connects to something that is very ancient. There's myths of dragons going back to why as far as you can trace in humanity these ancient cults of serpent worship and kind of these dragon worships. So it in one symbol manages to combine all those three goals of the book. It has the longevity, it has minerals of value to humanity, gold and other things that a dragon note, horde, and it has this antidiluvian kind of lineage. It's it's very ancient, it's something from before the flood, it's something from beyond our scope of understanding. I think that's why it's there. Yeah. Also, as an interesting side, noted, in ancient Japan, a wing a dragon symbol was used as a representation of the emperor. So if you in the modern days, say us, you write above top secret or top secret on a document kind of I think to indicate that's important. In ancient Japan you would put a picture of a wing and dragon, meaning that this is the property and concerns the affairs of the emperor. So it's like the highest rank if you will, of something.
Speaker 1: It's a top secret you.
Speaker 2: Could say so, and it's yeah, it is for the affairs of a very small group of people, let's.
Speaker 1: Say, sure and very important. Wow, I didn't know that. Do you think that he was traveled? Do you think he traveled to that area of the world, Japan, in China? And maybe do you think he spoke the languages there?
Speaker 2: I can't say about the languages, but it seems like he traveled, and that's precisely where he was getting some of these ideas from. And maybe even again some of the recipes, some of the inspirations and so on and so forth, that's coming exactly from there.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, yeah, And you know, talking about top secret, I know I brought that up. Maybe it's not the best phrase, but I do want to ask, you know, where there. I'm sure it's been alleged that he was an intelligence agent. Most of the people who live these traveling lives involved with the mysteries, you know, Crowley or Bovatsky, they either where they were they were spies, or they get accused of being spised. I wonder if he has any of those allegations. I'm sure he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much. Pretty much anywhere you goes like you said, he speaks a lot of languages, He travels in high circles, that auto race cycles on anybody's kind of secret service affairs. Right, Why is this guy suddenly so close to our king, our prince or queen and so on? Right? And who is he and all that stuff? And they're extremely frustrated because he came highly recommended. He had back in the day, letters of recommendation were a big thing, and he certainly had lots of them, and yet nobody could figure out who he was, what is his lineage? It was a much more important question at the time. Right today we can say, well, we're just chatting and you know, it's we can have a conversation about things. But back then it would be a lot more important to know from where did you come from? Right? Even even his name is it's kind of suggestive of some of that of Saint Germaine. Right, it's not you know, Bob James, kind of I think, but Bob of such and such a town. You know, it's it's provenance, it's relation. And he's kind of saying, well, I'm making mine up, like I am purposefully fabricating mine and not can to frustrate a lot of people.
Speaker 1: What do you make of the speaking of lineage, what do you make about Is it Prince Charles who it's said talk to him on his deathbed, and it's said that Saint Germain told Prince Charles that he was like a banished prince of Romania.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, Hungary actually the Rakotzi Empire, Hungary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you make of that?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah, I think it's probably exactly spot on. You know. It's so Hungary was being taken apart, there was a lot of conflict and things like that. They had to the royal family kind of had to disband, so to speak. But I'm certain that he was of some noble lineage, because you don't just get an education with mediciese and other things like that for nothing. Somebody had to know somebody. I mean, it doesn't have to be necessarily dramatic. He could be an illegitimate son. That probably happened a lot of the time. So it's kind of like, well, son, we can't really give you a title, but you know, still like you, so I'm going to just give you a bunch of money and encourage you to go study under these people and go for it, so that that could have been a thing. Who knows, it's it's a bit lost in the past. But yeah, I think his his admission or his claim anyways at that point in his life that he was of that lineage. Yeah, seems very believable.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Yeah, was that Habsburg by any chance?
Speaker 2: Certain? You mean the Prince No, it was Prince Charles of Hesse Castle at northern German States at that time, not Habsburg.
Speaker 1: Was I'm talking about the Rakowsky Rakkatzi Rakotzi.
Speaker 2: No, No, they were not the Habsburg. I mean, you know, the Austra Hungarian Empire was eventually kind of ruled that, say, but Habsburgs. But yeah, it's he himself was not the Habsburg.
Speaker 1: Okay, very interesting. Yeah, And you know another thing when it comes to these these royals, I mean we've we've established that he was. He found it easy to get into the royal circles. I mean, it would make sense that he really was royal. You know, he didn't seem like he had to try to get in the presence of other royals anywhere he went. I was going to ask about Napoleon the Third as well. With it said he set up an intelligence gathering operation to look into count Saint Germain.
Speaker 2: And Napoleon Bonaparte was obsessed with Saint Germaine for some reason. Yeah, he really was. Yeah, apparently they collected quite an archive on him as well, whatever it was, and during World War Two that archive burned down, at least according to the sources that that was able to trace down. Lord. It's a good story anyways, And maybe somebody has his diamond slippers in their private collection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. I do definitely wonder what happened to the to the diamonds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Was what about it was said him he carried around a coffin full of diamonds?
Speaker 2: Is that I did not hear a coffin? That seems like an exaggeration, But he certainly had lots of diamonds. And that's there's a mind that kind of mystery there too. Because so whether like we didn't discuss the most obvious legend I suppose yet, whether he died or whether he died later or what have you, right, because there is his official timeline, if you will, about when he was born and when he died kind of a thing. And so we have this time range of seventeen twelve to seventeen eighty four. But his death is kind of curious. So he dies in Germany in seventeen eighty four. Prince Charles or Carl is away at that time, so I guess no one really witnesses his death, but his rooms are sealed until the return of the Prince. Prince returns about two months later, he unseals the rooms, goes in, takes up one packet of written works, whatever that was, it's not specified, and leaves. The list of things that are left behind in that room is cataloged rather exactly, and it's just so utterly boring and plain. The couple of stockings, shaving razor, some regular one set of clothing. That's it. There's nothing else, nothing, No diamonds, no gold, no chemical equipment, no books. Nothing. Right, Okay, well, maybe he really like he went all out on this simplicity thing. Maybe, But so then he's buried and then the German, little German town there by the sea, and his grave is marked very simply, and for some fortunate or unfortunate reason, there's this big storm and apparently the sea floods into the graveyard and washes away the graves, so nobody knows where he's buried, so there's no grave anymore either. Ah. Right, So it's kind of like it's it's conveniently wrapped up. And I think that's what makes for a good story as well. Right, I mean could have happened, sure, I mean, storm's happened, but there's no place that you can go and say there there is his purpotent grave, like, no, there's nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this, this man's legacy makes for a great story. That's he looked no further than the internet for that one. I mean, that's why I was excited to talk to you, because you've you've put in the work and you've started all this and you've down to your knowledge of the details of the surviving manuscript. I can tell you've put in a lot of work, and it's great to be able to talk to somebody like you for this. For the historical layer of this that that I see getting, it's skewed. It's very skewed. Like there are a lot of podcasts these days that some of these shows are really big and they pick a topic that they don't know anything about, but they pick a topic and they go and they spend a couple of days researching the topic and then they present the information. I don't see anything wrong with that until you start saying what's what and trying to tell people exactly what happened. And there's a lot of shows out there right now who are trying to tell to make definitive statements on count Saint Germain. And so you get this this like, I've got a whole list of things that I've heard said about him, which I don't think I'm going to subject you to this list, right, But for instance, it's like he had an accent and in some people say he definitely did not have an accent.
Speaker 2: Had an accent in every language, is what I've heard, right, It's like speaks well yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely yeah. I mean here's the thing, like I can kind of speak to this a little bit, and this research, right, it's if you go to try to find this online, what we're talking about, you won't find most of it online. That's and that's not because I have some great deal of esoteric knowledge from my ancestors. I got a little bit, but not not very much. But these are in books, in manuscripts and libraries. These have not been digitized. And the only reason why I know is because I went to these places and then I knocked on the doors, talked to people, read the books. And that's a little bit more than research, as you say, online, because this is a weird thing today, Like you definitely can get a lot of knowledge, but if it's not online, it's as if it doesn't exist. Or what if it's in German. The diaries of Prince of carl Hess, they're not in English, you have to read German. What about the memoirs of the attended to Modern the Pompadour, they're in French. You have to know French, right, all of these things. And I've read a whole bunch of books that have been printed in say in like nineteenth century, in those languages, because yeah, they overlap. But occasionally you just get this little sliver of a story or a little side point that nobody mentions afterwards. It's not a secret, it's just that it wasn't passed on and it's not online. So it's like it's difficult to find those stories without doing the leg work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I told you before we started, I have always looked from afar on this subject. I've always I've always had it in my mind that I wanted to do an account Saint Germaine episode, and I've just been waiting, been waiting for the right person to come along, for me to talk to somebody who I can say, you know, call an expert with confidence, someone who's put in the research. So I appreciate you very much in that regard, but I waited. I waited because I see a lot of nonsense about him out there. Some of it you could tell is nonsense, some of it you can't tell. And then there's all these conflicting stories about you know, just even like I said before, down to the accent. But yeah, I heard, I heard there's a I'm not going to say any names here, but there's a pretty big podcaster who's been on Joe Rogan who insists that Saint Germaine had or had, yeah, had had an accent. So there's there's a lot of that out there, right, And yeah, it's hard to know, it's hard to know who to believe. I guess if you new to the.
Speaker 2: Subject, absolutely, it's it's kind of like almost like you know, mentioned something like the accent is it's a curious point you could make some deductions from that or not. But it's the more outlanders stories. You know, there's like this whole he was a vampire and he lived in New Orleans for a while and things like that. It's like it's it's cool. It's like it's a fun story, like it makes for good fiction. Or there was a French dude for a while that claimed to be the reincarnation of Saint Germaine. I'm like, well, you know, dude probably just needs to get his own life and try to be interesting on his own terms. So I like the stories too, by the way, Like I'm not against them, and I am definitely not claiming to know everything about this person or saying this is my way. I just think that there's enough interesting stuff in these actual accounts that you can dig up and go, well that that's kind of curious. I wonder why that is or why is this thing like that? And it still leaves these massive gaps, like you could fit whatever you want, whatever interpretation you want. Maybe he's a wonder man, Maybe here's a alive, maybe he spoke of spirits, or maybe he's a wizard or what have you, right, or maybe he was just a chemist and made for good storytelling or something like that.
Speaker 1: M yeah, well, this has been great today. You've you've brought forth a lot of information, a lot of valuable information. Thank you for your time. Is there anything that you want to finish on, any any kind of a wrap up you might want to finish on.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll mention something that probably becomes somewhat apparent in discussing this character Countessing, I mean, and we can't. We shouldn't get too stuck in this historicity and the context of eighteenth century we look at with distortion of or current times. What I'm trying to get across in my discussions of my presentation of this person is that he was, for lack of a better term, a research scientist. He tried to lean into things that were under explored and to explore them. So exploring his stuff is interesting enough. But if you really want to kind of take on this thing as your own, I'd say it's good not to get stuck in the mindset of eighteenth century, but try to think, well, now you're in twenty twenty six, what is the cutting edge stuff today? So meaning that if Saint Germaine was alive today, what would he be into and I can tell you he would not be into alchemy and stuff like that at this time. He'd be more into like I said again, like quantum physics or genetic you know, research and biochemistry, research and AI and everything else. Right, because that's the cutting of humanity these days, or whatever you interpret as the cutting the edge of our knowledge today. It doesn't have to be all scientific, but it definitely would be leaning towards something that's that's beyond us and beyond our understanding. It wouldn't be just looking back and saying, well, what did the old ones or the ancient ones do? So that's kind of why I want to leave off of like it's it's cool to do archaeology and dig up stuff, but if you want to take on the mantles or speak this legacy of sinj, I mean, you got to live in your own time and look forward and be like, yeah, what's something that I can poke into and be something of that? Because he was interesting for this time because he was forward facing, not because he was trying to be somebody from fourteenth century. That's what I would say.
Speaker 1: Maybe life extension as well, absolutely, yeah, that's maybe that's always been pursued, but it's certainly being pursued now. A lot of people believe that that's technology that we have, or in the technology that is coming our way, will be able to provide life extension. That reminds me a lot of this conversation we had today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, and again to kind of to lean it a little bit into the modern thought. You know, whatever your perspective on AI is, it's something of a new being, maybe not fully sentient as we call it. But the problem with humans is that we die. We die within a century, which means that majority of our knowledge, experiential knowledge is lost every roughly one hundred years. We're starting to get to a point where we're able to create an intelligence that survives that, and I think that's kind of fascinating because, you know, assuming that we can keep the machine going through one way or another, you'd have a collection of knowledge that's gained and built and that's vives generations and centuries, and that's pretty fascinating. Sorry, kind of we'll see where that goes, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Yeah, Well that's a that's a great wrap up. I appreciate your time today. I want to make sure to give you the opportunity to tell people where they can find your your work. I mean I think you you perhaps do not want to be found, right because nope.
Speaker 2: No, particularly I've made a lot of effort to kind of be away from people I love.
Speaker 1: But yeah, tell them where they can find what you do want to be found.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that Triangular Book dot Com is probably the most related thing to to the subject. And yeah, I do get a lot of requests for a republication of the book, something that I'm starting to work on. So yeah, it's you know, the previous publication was mentionally limited, and next time we get around to publishing it will be hopefully a lot more accessible. Maybe it'll be digital and whatever else. So yeah, but anyways, that's there. My email is there on that page as well. If you want to reach out and have a conversation, I'm open for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Yeah, for people listening, that's Triangularbook dot Com. I want to make sure that I have that said on the audio version here, because the show is occasionally broadcasted elsewhere and they don't always put the links right, so it's I just want to make sure you will to hear that it's Triangular Book dot com where you can go and you can find Nicholas email and get in touch if you'd like. So yeah, anything else today, thank.
Speaker 2: You, Oh, you're very welcome. Thanks for the opportunity to discuss. It's an ancient subject and yes, yeah, always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, thank you sir, and as always, break the mold, conquer the realm, and thanks for listening.