Speaker 1: Intro list.
Speaker 2: It is Tuesday, April twenty second, twenty twenty five. This is Sparta. I'm your host, Jason straight Horn along my cohs Cedric Swerve and Irvin.
Speaker 3: Hit him with the swerve, Hit him with the swerve, Hit deal with the swerve.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, they ain't.
Speaker 4: The technical difficulty is you know, not gonna slow us down?
Speaker 2: Apparently you know what will work on We get another intro, but we do have the outro, but in between we got a jam backed show. This is your first time watching us. We thank you for joining us. That this is not we definitely thank you for your loyalty, and please hit the like and subscribe buttons because it helps a whole lot, doesn't cost you a thing, and follow us on all of our social media platforms. That this is Sparta in man shoot, let us know where you're watching from and then listen. You know Woody once again in the house out in Waikiki, Lord Ruth, that's Chicago, I see land sings definitely in the house, coach Rashid Swerve.
Speaker 3: How Junior j R Jr. Came in with the smokes.
Speaker 2: Great, he coming in with the smoke with the fire right now, whoa Tatum. We got a whole segment about tATu because it's the governor. Come on, man, we gotta talk about the governor today. That's something that is near and there to everybody's hard and Spardan nation. So we're gonna talk about that, sir. How was your weekend? You know, we got a lot to talk about. But how are you doing?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, no, no, no, don't start off with me. I wanted to ask you this for forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 3: Had a chance to sit in the stands. You don't watch your son from.
Speaker 5: Little league, middle school ball, high school ball, always playing at a high level. How did it feel to sit in the stands to see him play Springs first Supreme football game scrimmage?
Speaker 1: Hey, it was good.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 2: It was good watching him out there in front. I mean they had about sixty thousand people there, you know, so that was it was. It was good, Like it felt good as a dad to watch him. It felt a little odd being in that stadium watching him. But I mean he was, you know, snapp at the ball to the twelve million dollar man, Bryce Underwood, So I mean he did a good job. You know, is a guy who early enrolled, and uh, he's done everything that I've that everybody's asked of him. So you know, couldn't be happier for his accomplishments and you know what he's doing because this is his life, his recruitment, his career, and I couldn't be more proud of him. The other son out in Japan right now, so I AMG's got him out in Japan. So we got a lot going on in the straight Horn family. So yeah, you know, it was good seeing him there. I did not wear maize and blue, so just so for the record, didn't do that. But yeah, swear, that's that's that's the story. That's where it's at. So when the Michigan came back to Florida, here it's eighty five degrees.
Speaker 4: And Sunday, and then I got a chance to hang out with you on Sunday night. Damn right.
Speaker 3: We had a damn good time. Heyhtrae.
Speaker 5: One thing about it, Well, we hang out, we hang out, and it's nothing but memberies.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just one minute more, you know, that's all.
Speaker 5: It is, just one minute more, one day more, having a great time with my brother. But now my weekend was good man, My meek ind was good man, sat back, had several cigars because that's what I do, and just was enjoying life. So I have no complaints and no worries and just just happy right now.
Speaker 2: Straight man, it's really good to see you slow down a minute, because you've been all over the world. I mean, I seen you in Miami, You've been in Columbia, you've been out dalling, I mean, let you all over the place. Now it's good to see you just be able to sleep in your own bed for a minute.
Speaker 1: Here and rest.
Speaker 3: You know, Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: That's always welcome. But listen, look, we got to cover a couple of things, you know with regards to the Olympic Sports. The first these message from our friends over a gray matter exchange Great matters.
Speaker 6: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Great matter exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 2: Great matter swerves man first pitch, which you could say baseball players at second to last midweek home game this season. Today, welcome to Pridue Fort Wayne to the Jeff ish Via Field at McClain Stadium.
Speaker 4: So don't know the results of this game yet.
Speaker 2: The Mastodons are six and thirty one overall this season and they're looking to snap an eleven game Look, winning three are losing Street today.
Speaker 4: They've been not losing them. So that's all I know.
Speaker 5: You know, baseball being kind of up and down. I've been following the picture, man, and I saw the other day, I think like two weeks ago. He threw like ninety seven or ninety eight. Ooh, and they paid it. They tried to play it in slow motion. Oh, squad. Thing still looked at fast and slow motion.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then he's six six or six twelve or whatever he is. Man, I just look look like Randy Johnson. Yeah, oh man.
Speaker 5: They tried to throw that thing in slow motion, screat it was still fast.
Speaker 2: You talk about Joseph Zero and speaking to him in the baseball team, I mean, I think it's appropriate time to talk about making your nil gift charitable?
Speaker 4: What charitable gift America?
Speaker 2: MSU Baseball's dominant left hand pitcher, the six foot eight Joseph Zero, was giving back to the community once again through his partnership with Charitable Gift America ms she was original and most trusted nil fund MSU Baseball selected six row Luca Wright to join the team. Is it's I recruit this season. He'll be making this so just so for every strikeout zero collects this season, he'll be making a donation to the Cap Looking for Luca Fun which directly supports Luca and his family step up to the plate. Your fellow spartan today at c g A Athletics dot org.
Speaker 4: Swerve.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the six foot eight pitcher man. Listen so that he will be pitching. I believe he's pitching this weekend. He's been moved from Fridays to Saturday, so we'll check. We'll be tracking what's going on with Servo. But also Sunday, Sunday, it's a big day. It's the time. Iszo run, Walk and Roll registered now at isolace dot com Family Community Legacy. You know, what do you think about, is I remember when he used to run these marathons with the guys.
Speaker 5: You remember that I was just about to say that scre's no way in hell is Or's gonna be on the golf cart.
Speaker 4: What he gonna be on the golf card. He ain't running no more.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have a TK followed.
Speaker 5: If he do start off running, he's gonna run for probably a minute and seventeen seconds and have tkb at at the stop sign. Get in, take him through the back way and take him like he ran all the way, and probably put him out towards the end, like the last hundred yards one hundred meters whatever, and let him walk on in.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I already I already know the play.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, there's no way that guy can run that. Whatever they run is no way.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of, like you know, long distance running, Michigan State did have a broken record this weekend. Mission State Track and Fields record books need updated after this past weekend with Andrew Nolan setting the program record in the three thousand meter steeple chase in the time of eight minutes forty second in two point ninety five.
Speaker 5: Oh, Steven, look at the guy. Put that back up there, shar luk. Who's behind him?
Speaker 2: Yay?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. That's one. That's that's something gonna hent on his mantle for the rest of his life.
Speaker 3: Damn right, I put on the sweatsuit.
Speaker 4: It was me all right. Moving on and matchup set.
Speaker 2: The Big Ten's Menace Men's Tennis Championship racket has been set. Number three seeded Michigan State will take on number six seed USC on Friday in Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 4: Talk about the tennis players, Can they make it happen? Tword?
Speaker 3: Damn raight?
Speaker 5: This this is the time for the tennis, the tennis team to shine. You know, we were up and down, but we beat the teams. People thought we wasn't gonna be and we got the players. I think everybody's peeking at the right time, and this is the time that they shine. Why because they got my nephew. At to him, he the leader. I know what he gonna say the night before the big meat ob ozion. What's up? We talk all the times straight, Yeah, so what's he gonna say? They already told me say, oh god, I gotta got a speech ready.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 5: You can count on me and I can count on my guys. But he said, I got a speech fro him. That's coming from the heart. You know what I told him?
Speaker 3: Straight? What I say make your uncle proud.
Speaker 4: He's got to I hear there's a lot of them a line.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they win the Big Ten Championship, it can mean a lot for the team, a lot for the team in the university. So guys, you know, step up your game. It could be worth your while in a lot more ways than just some chorus light. You know, since we're getting into that, the official sponsor of this is Farted MSU.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get into a chorus light the chorus camp right there. Baby. You know swerve Kate, you know he keeps drinking his so you got.
Speaker 1: To oh look at that.
Speaker 4: Oh it's twisted just for you.
Speaker 1: How do you do that?
Speaker 4: Why are you on camera?
Speaker 3: That's that's about remote. I got my remote right.
Speaker 4: Yah, that's your drone hand doing that.
Speaker 5: Come on straight. I got all the technology. Shit, man. I go to the side, then I pick it up a little bit, a little bit, a little bit, and I put it right back down because I press down right here. That's it great, That's all I do. Yeah, Man, technology is a mom Man.
Speaker 2: I gotta drink to that, brother, man, thanks cors Light, because right now we gotta talk.
Speaker 4: About some real important stuff.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: When you talk about the Greg Montgomery Foundation, and we're gonna bring on Greg's sister and his father right now, who joins this Sparta MSU once again to talk about this worthy cause, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Family?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 1: Super?
Speaker 2: Oh man, we're going right to the site. Hold on, let's talk before before we get into that.
Speaker 3: Oh, hold on, I gotta get my hat.
Speaker 2: You know, Swervel likes to do that. While he's going and getting his hat, tell us give us some updates. You know, we got a we got an event coming up here on May first and second down in Naples. So talk about that, talk about the whole thing for those who don't know what the.
Speaker 4: Foundation is about.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you. Great to see you and thanks for having us on.
Speaker 8: For those that don't know, we started the foundation after we lost my brother Greg, unfortunately the suicide Gregory H. Montgomery Junior Foundation. Greg was a Spartan, a Spartan dog as my He was a junior and this.
Speaker 7: Is Greg senior.
Speaker 8: But after we left, but after we lost Greg, we knew we had to do something things. So we fund mental health education, suicide prevention, and we have.
Speaker 7: Oh I see you swear.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah first.
Speaker 7: But anyway, so we.
Speaker 8: Start a foundation and we fund mental health education and suicide prevention and we have a fund in Greg's name at Michigan State so that the student athletes have mental health resources and we're really proud of that.
Speaker 7: Our main fundraising event is our for Love and.
Speaker 8: Wellness Outing, which Jastra and Swearve have been to and I'm so excited for those that are already registered in our event can bid to play with the Dynamic duo themselves, Surven, Urban and ju That's something that people that are registered can bid on. But we have some really cool items Michigan State items. We have a number twenty three jersey. We have a bench exclusive experience with Michigan State Hockey two tickets to a game, but pregame you get to stand on the bench.
Speaker 7: So that's kind of a cool let's see.
Speaker 8: Oh and also there's a Michigan State Football VIP experience where people can there's four tickets to watch the walk through practice on Friday and then the next day game day, four sideline passes and also a tour of the.
Speaker 7: Duffy and tickets to it.
Speaker 8: There's lots of fun Michigan State stuff, but other but we've got a bunch of other stuff and we're getting more things as they come in I put them on the website. So yeah, I'm really excited about it. We've We've done very well. I'm really proud of the work we're doing. And this is our main fundraising event and it's coming up in Naples, Florida. And if you can't make it down, I'd love your watchers to look on our silent auction and if nothing tickles your fancy, we always accept donations. I promise that it goes to a great, great cause.
Speaker 9: I would also caution those that are signing up to play with a dynamic duo that you have a very good chance of winning, because Swerve is going to tell you even before it begins, that nobody else has a chance.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: Tell the pops, Tell the pop damn black paps. You remember I come in and I say, who playing for second? Because I already got first?
Speaker 3: Dammit.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, eight in the morning. You know he said it coming from the parking lot. Yes, yes, that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I saw you have you know.
Speaker 2: There are athletic director also is gonna be Alan Hallen. You can play with him and as well as another great running back. Because this is a running back day to day that's right. If you know that, you know we got we got running backs everywhere. So go ahead talk about.
Speaker 7: Low white, low Weight's going to be in the house.
Speaker 4: Lorenzo will be there.
Speaker 9: He'll be in full regalia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's terrible in golf. He's not like me. He's terrible.
Speaker 5: Oh I need, I need added to thes I got the light blue, I got the green, I got the dog blue.
Speaker 3: And I can't that gonna match my shirt and my socks.
Speaker 7: Well, right, that's the Ravens this year. So it's this one.
Speaker 8: But I wanted to mention something as far as running backs are concerned. So when we decided to do an outing to raise money for our foundation, I always, you know, keep Greg close to, you know, the decisions, what he'd like to do. And when he was playing pro ball, he played in tournaments and people would bid to play with the pro and that's kind of where I got the idea.
Speaker 7: Of doing what we do.
Speaker 8: But something that's kind of appropriate because my dad reminded me of this. Greg played in the tournament and what tournament do you know what it is? Which one at Michigan State that he won the JAVA?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, you know Steve Smith always had a tournament out in Grand Rapids, Yes, and Greg used to come and play with me there, and they always had a silent auction as well, and there were a lot of pictures, and there was paraphernalia.
Speaker 1: At any rate.
Speaker 9: One of the pictures that he bought and gave to my grandson Quinn, is a picture of your guest or later on in the show, Javon Ringer.
Speaker 8: Was as signed Devon Ringer. That was in his bedroom always growing up. And I don't know if Javon knows this, but my dad wore twenty three. Greg, my brother wore twenty three. So of course Greg bought that for Quinn and got you know, it was signed and it was in Quinn's bedroom. And I know that Jason, you and Swerve you know this story, but a lot of people might not know this story.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 7: At our first.
Speaker 8: Outing, or actually even before the outing, it was when we went up to see Alan up at Michigan State after we had lost Greg. He told us a really sweet story that when when Alan Haller was a rookie and he went to his locker, it's by your number and you He opened it up and Greg had left him a note and said where this jersey proud or don't wear it at all, and because because Alan wore twenty three, so that's very special. So I just wanted to give a props to number twenty three. All the twenty threes, you know, yep.
Speaker 2: We just so happened to have one of the greatest twenty threes on the night. I mean, so there it is, one great one to another.
Speaker 8: I wanted to real quick mention something I'm super excited about. So we already have our suicide prevention awareness game on the books. It's against BC on September sixth. We always have the flex and flow the day before or a couple of days before. We're doing a flex and flow, but also we are doing a ribbon cutting at Wine and Elementary because the Gregory H. Montgomery Junior Foundation Calming Room. We funded that, and we're doing the ribbon cutting the day before the Spartan game. Lorenzo's friend Keisha Crenshaw's an assistant principal at Wining's and we've been working on this for three years and they it's going to be I'm like, sorry, I get a little emotional. So anyway, I'm really excited about this is where the funds go. This is an elementary school and there's going to be a calming room there and that's used for kids who are having a tough time. And also, you know, it's a great place for the teachers to go, and.
Speaker 9: We find that the teachers probably like it and use it more than the.
Speaker 7: Kids, you know, all the way around. But we're really proud of that.
Speaker 8: And so that's some stuff that's on the books that we're excited about, and that's where your donations go. So I just I wanted to mention that I'm really proud of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, among others.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you know, I mean this is a great cause. But I mean, you guys do things first class. If anybody is out there listening and you don't know if it's something that is worth your while to come to Naples and spend time with this group, hey it's work. Tell them this is the first class event, and uh, they do it the right way and for the right reasons, and that's why we come there. We make sure that we're there to support you in any way that we can, and we always do that.
Speaker 4: We appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we love you guys, We really really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's furts class because you're gonna eat it. You go drink good.
Speaker 4: That's the rip, Charlson, right, eat and drink good, napel all that stuff. No, but like you know, you.
Speaker 5: Know the best thing about that though, the thing that I like, and I get to get get with the old heads that's before me, and we get at that that local hotel and and what's what's the what's the restaurant right there?
Speaker 3: Like a steakhouse restaurant. All them guys take over there.
Speaker 5: I hear stories from eighties from the oh man, I live for that moment.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it's a fun It's a definitely fun time for Spartan dogs of all ages, starting from he's.
Speaker 7: Gonna be uh double eights in.
Speaker 1: May going to the piano. Oh, that's it, going to the piano.
Speaker 5: I thought you thought I thought you were forty eight.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you got a Spartan dog from the fifty seven National Championship eight eighty eight Stevie and his crew around the eighty eight Rose Bowl team.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, it's all over.
Speaker 3: It's all over telling.
Speaker 5: It's a great time, and the motive drink and the more they want to line up last year, it was like, the two guys almost got into three point stas.
Speaker 7: I believe it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what the funny thing is.
Speaker 9: But both my boys from an early age, I taught him how to get into a three point stance and and and use that forearm shiver.
Speaker 1: That's what we did, right.
Speaker 2: That's good. Three generations of Spartan dogs right there. When you talk about you know, Greg Montgomery senior, junior and Stevie.
Speaker 9: You know, hey, listen, I had to talk with Steve the other night and I was telling him some old stories, memories and so forth. He loved to hear him, and he was saying, boy, I love to hear that kind of stuff. I am so looking forward to coming down and seeing all my boys. And so that's that's what you got to look forward to. It's a heck of a good time. And we, uh, we are planning an extravaganza this year.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what.
Speaker 5: We just the first time I'm saying this, and I may be letting the cat that have, but we're gonna plan a distance part of ms U Golf tournament, and damn it me and you're gonna be on teams and we're gonna win the whole damn tournament.
Speaker 7: There you go, he'd be a ringer. He's a really good putter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah right, I mean that I've seen it before, so yeah, I mean, you know, thank you guys for coming on here and then spreading awareness for this particular event. I mean, because it's a great event. Me and swear we're gonna be there, and Renzo White's gonna be there. It's gonna be a lot of guys. The theme is gonna be the Ravens, so the Baltimore Ravens colors, so it's black, purple and gold.
Speaker 9: Greg played with the Ravens, uh two years and we've got I think we've got a uniform as a matter of fact, and you probably see that hanging up someplace.
Speaker 7: Yep, why not.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Let's already.
Speaker 4: I know it's great now.
Speaker 2: Thank you both for coming on and spreading awareness and letting everybody know what's going on. We love you guys and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks, not.
Speaker 8: Even next week, oh my gosh, yes, coming right up next Thursday and Friday. And if anybody has any questions, they can go out to our website, Ultimate Growth Foundation Dot org and the for Love and Wellness link is right on there if they want to look at the Silent Auction for Love and Wellness is on our Ultimate Growth Foundation dot org website.
Speaker 3: So hold hold on, somebody tournament.
Speaker 4: That I said, Sam Jason, are you playing pickleball? To listen?
Speaker 5: I can last year I never played it, but I'm just one of the greatest athletes of all time.
Speaker 3: Played that with a paddle or racket paddle.
Speaker 1: Push from Irvin. There you go.
Speaker 8: Well, we're selling second serves for pickleball. I'm selling kind of like a Mulligan, right, I'm gonna sell second serves for pickleball, third Stennis and then of course Mulligan's I'm out on the course.
Speaker 4: So oh yeah, all right, we're doing all that, you know.
Speaker 9: And one one other item on the the Silent Auction, which is of some I don't know if you can pull that up again, but anyway, they we have a we have a master's hat, an exclusive, exclusive master's hat, only three hundred of them available, and we have one for the Silent Auction, and it is amazing.
Speaker 7: It's very cool. There it is there.
Speaker 9: It is blue suede hat with all of the winners of the Masters.
Speaker 4: I'm underside of the on the bill.
Speaker 5: Wow, you don't know Billy Green because last year Billy Green bought a seven.
Speaker 3: Hundred dollars T shirt.
Speaker 2: He did that, I remember. Yes, Oh man, that's an awesome one. Right, that's an awesome get right there, you know.
Speaker 8: Anyway, Yeah, there's lots of really great stuff. But of course I wanted to highlight the Michigan States. Oh but yeah, I really appreciate you guys having us on and spreading our message.
Speaker 4: Oh, not a problem, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, appreciate you coming on, and we will see you, like I said, very soon. I mean, like I said, not weeks a week away, swear, So get ready, man, I mean you keep writing all them checks.
Speaker 5: Better hold on, Jilly Green, I got I got Margaret and Pops. I got Margaret Pops on the show right now, and they got a master hat going for three twenty five. They need you to beat the seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: T shirt you bought.
Speaker 5: Can you do it? You're on live now, can you do it? Yes, you live? Everybody can hear you. One thousand people? Hey, BG, he said, how.
Speaker 7: Much as much as you're willing to bet.
Speaker 1: It's priceless, priceless.
Speaker 5: It says prices you got. I'm gonna see you the website, the link, so you.
Speaker 7: This is important.
Speaker 4: This is important.
Speaker 5: This is my moment, right, this is your moment is shine. We got to beat the seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: This is nine with a blue nia. All right, what are we dealing with?
Speaker 1: It's a it's a master's golf hat.
Speaker 8: Yes, masters, it's a master's hat.
Speaker 5: Dollar thousand dollars, thousand dollars right now. Yeah, I told you that's right. God, a thousand dollars. Just send it to me and I'm gonna make sure they o.
Speaker 3: Cook the half of one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: On thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: One thousand dollars. Baby, I love it, that's it. Yes, indeed, love you, brother, I.
Speaker 3: Call you back. This that fans come on part. This mean.
Speaker 1: I may have to shout out for you again this year.
Speaker 2: So just give me some love, that's all. Oh man, man, that's great.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 4: Let me listen.
Speaker 2: We didn't even playing that the road this Thursday and Friday all into the night, you know. So we're gonna do this big raise more awareness and more funds for what the Greg Montgomery Junior Foundation has offered, which is a great thing. So look forward to seeing you guys soon and then we'll also be welcome you back at the Boston College game, said September sixth.
Speaker 8: Yep, all right, a spartan to wear our logo on the hat to raise awareness and.
Speaker 3: Yeah helmets margin don't say that.
Speaker 1: It's okay, come on right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I love both of you. We'll see you soon or we got we gotta keep it moving. We got to bring Now we gotta pass on to the other twenty three go away and talk about all right, all right, all right, swear hey man, look at this good Look at your man raising money? You think I can get a cut of that. No, it's called charity, man, like you doing what you always do. That it comes back into other forms were coming back.
Speaker 1: Wasn't playing that?
Speaker 3: Wasn't look at that. I'm cutting you off front Now you're cutting you off. You don't cut me off?
Speaker 10: Whoa?
Speaker 3: Hey, don't you stunk that?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: That was awesome? Rick Flair, whoa you don't cut me off? Damn hey man, Well let's sten we we That was that was great, you know, Margo and you know, Greg Senior, because those those are our people. That's family right there. We can't wait to be with them and support them. Twenty three with Greg, twenty three of Alan. I don't know all the twenty threes between them, but we got a great twenty three coming up here in a moment after these message from our friends from I Hop.
Speaker 11: Six dollars never tasted so good. I Hops Breakfast Saves Combo is now just six dollars featuring I hops world famous buttermilk pancakes, Chrispy Hickory smoke bacon, and two eggs cooked to order your way, all for just six bucks, part of the new six dollars House Swaves menu.
Speaker 2: Hey man, weout further ado man. You know, listen, we got to bring on one of the greatest twenty threes. You know, this is a running back segment. This is all running back. You were running back. We talked about low White in the minute ago. He's a running back. This is one of the greatest that ever played the game in Michigan State, wore the number twenty three. You know, we talk about a guy who is consensus of American bit all Big ten player. I mean, he did it all and he's from Ohio, you know what. And there's so much we can talk. The accolades are so long that we be on here another twenty minutes just to get him on the show. But we're gonna bring him on the one and only. Javon Ringer, who looks like you can still play right now. Joints is a spartan Javan.
Speaker 1: What up, yo? What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Appreciate appreciate you having me, bro, Man, they put.
Speaker 4: The gods agree man, we come in peace.
Speaker 3: Bro. Yeah it shirts looked like Steve Smith shirt.
Speaker 10: That and everything I do now is just maintenance to the body man, nothing extra, I know.
Speaker 3: But you can wear a two X or ex A love. I feel.
Speaker 1: Roc a large. This this is a large. That's a large, said he.
Speaker 4: But we see.
Speaker 1: You think I'm playing like Bro. I could show you that it's a large.
Speaker 3: But Jabi, you you you you're heaving you what to what? What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What between two ten two fifteen?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What? What? Motherfucker?
Speaker 5: That were two fifteen were large?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That Steve Smith three three one three that's the ship he do six two two forty and well medium that's the same shit. But you look good, brother.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm gonna take that compliment. Thank you look damn good boy, you look damn good.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, So, I mean you you are the one. You the model for the uniforms from the day when they put the uniforms out.
Speaker 4: That's him.
Speaker 10: All the stuff they do, like with on social media and the and the the pictures that's around the state, like around the campus that's on, like the lightholes and.
Speaker 1: All that stuff. Like I said, social ther Instagram and stuff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's I'm blessed to be able to help with the media team and to be the model for for that.
Speaker 2: I mean, let me ask you, does your wife ever argue with you no about what? Okay exactly, that's all.
Speaker 10: Of my job, man, and heyo, keeping it the buck, not not to sound all soft and ship, but like just keeping it.
Speaker 1: But the best thing I.
Speaker 10: Like about doing that is the fact that my daughter knows it's me, and how every time she comes around campus and she's pointing at every picture and poster and she's saying, that's daddy, that's daddy.
Speaker 1: That it's pretty. It's kind of it's kind of soft.
Speaker 4: Man, But like a.
Speaker 1: I don't like, I don't really like all that soft.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you what I did. I got a picture of me in every room in my house. But my kids to see me every time they wake up, every time they use the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Just keep it in the buck.
Speaker 10: I ain't thought, I ain't thought to do to hit every angle like that, I don't know considered.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean outside, inside, by the pool.
Speaker 4: I mean no angle.
Speaker 2: I mean if they're driving in public and they see Daddy too, that's a good one. That's a good angle.
Speaker 4: Too, you know. Javai man, so, you know, get a great career at Michigan State.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: You know, let's let's talk about that, because not everybody knows, you know, I gotta always give credits to the people who are listening for the first time and don't know who Javon Ringer is.
Speaker 4: You know, talk about your journey to get to Michigan State.
Speaker 10: So my my journey to get to Michigan State was it was it was interesting. So I had tore my I tore my a c L my senior year, my senior year of high school, right, and no tea backed away from me. Every team made sure they let me know, Hey, you know, we're still interested. You know, we still want to, you know, get you on a visit. Blah blah blah blah blah. No team I even got. I got offered by by USC Southern California after I tore my acl so and they called they we were talking, They were talking to my head coach. They let us know that, hey, look, we're not worried about any of that. Like yo, we still think he's amazing and we know he can recover from this.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: It was me.
Speaker 10: My my pride wouldn't allow me to go to some of these visits that I wanted to get set up that I had set up because I was still on crutches. And because I was still on crutches, I just felt I'm gonna sound like a sucker, but like yo, I just felt a little inferior to being around all these athletes and I'm trying to hobble around on crutches.
Speaker 1: So finally, when I was able to walk.
Speaker 10: On my own without the crutches, I had a visit set up to Michigan State. So I went to Michigan State and it helped my homeboy. So his name was Brandon McKinney. He played at Michigan State. He we also played. Yeah, yeah, we played, but we played at the same high school together too, so hold on, so there was some comfort there. But I took my visit there, like I said, finally when I was able to walk, and then I remember, man, I remember being in coach Smith, John L. Smith, being in his office, and I didn't commit right away because I was like, yo, I want to. I told him he was trying to give me the commitment. I told him, like, yo, I still, guy, like some other visits that I want to that I want to see what's up, Like I just kind of want to make sure, like this is you know, when kids are picking the college they want to go to, it's one of the most it's one of the biggest decisions.
Speaker 4: Of their life.
Speaker 10: I was like, yo, okay, I appreciate everything. I love how everything was here, but I still got some visits I want to go to. He said, okay, blah blah blah. We talked shugar hands, bounce y'all. My dad, my father, you know, God rest his soul. He was the one kind of pushing me and pressuring me to make a decision to Michigan State because he liked it. He thought Michigan State was a really good school. They were in the Big Ten. He liked just how everything was.
Speaker 1: We went on to visit.
Speaker 10: He was like, hey, I think you should make this commitment, like before, you know, before they go a different direction. He was ripped my father. So I can confidently say my I had plans to want to take other visits. My father was really pushing me to commit in the Michigan State. And you know, of course I respect my dad, so I was considering what he was saying, but in my heart, I still wanted to take other visits. But a couple of days went by and I felt like at I felt at the time Michigan State was they were using three running backs DeAndre Cop, Jason Tigue and ju Kocher and DeAndre Cop, and they did it. They did it good the way like when I would watch him.
Speaker 3: They did it.
Speaker 1: They had a really good rotation going on with those three running backs.
Speaker 10: It helped that we had a really good offensive line during the time, so we were able to get first downs, meaning we were staying on the field and guys were able to rotate in.
Speaker 1: But anyway, DeAndre, when I was looking at DeAndre Cop, he was a senior, so I knew he would be gone.
Speaker 10: So I felt like, yo, this, this is probably a great chance for me to play early. So yeah, I'm gonna, you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and do it. And it's not too far. It's not close to home in Dayton, but it ain't too far away if my parents for my parents to be able to come to any games, or if something's happening. So you know, I prayed on it and just kind of decided, Yo, yep, I'm gonna go ahead and commit to Michigan State and that ultimately end up coming to coming to m s U.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, Yeah, that's crazy. I remember all like, I remember all of it, and it's funny.
Speaker 10: My man who was recruiting me and when I committed to Michigan State, like a couple of days later, he took.
Speaker 1: A job at Ohio State.
Speaker 10: But it was whatever, like I was already sold just and also because when I went there on my visit, like I said, I couldn't really maneuver around that well, even though I wasn't on crutches anymore.
Speaker 1: Man guys who Brandon McKinnie had.
Speaker 10: Me around and everybody was like dope and they were super cool and that like that meant something to me, like I ain't want to be on a team full of a bunch of assholes, like I wanted to make sure, like you.
Speaker 1: Know, we with some real like guys, had some real bros on on on the squad. So but yeah, man, I remember I remember.
Speaker 4: That Ohio San when they when they you're an Ohio kid, you know what I mean? But they would they off for you?
Speaker 1: They No, they never offered me.
Speaker 10: They end up they offered this guy named Maurice Wells. He was a Florida He was a Florida running back and me and him got cool just off of social media and just because of you know, just just both of us. But yeah, they end up taking Maurice Wells and so that was that was that. Who not Beanie, not Beanie, No, No, this guy's name.
Speaker 1: Was Maurice, Maurice Wells.
Speaker 4: And have you ever heard of Maurice Wells?
Speaker 1: Were Yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 4: I'm asking somebody. I don't want you to answer that he didn't.
Speaker 10: He didn't play. He didn't really play much at at Ohio State. Because what it would have been like it would have been, it could have been like him and Chris Beanie Wells like rotating kind of doing a one two punch. But yeah, Maurice didn't really get He didn't really you really get to show what he could do at Ohio State. He probably wishes we had that transfer portal back then. But Na, just from what I've seen, I ain't even hate. Like when I when I watched this tape like in high school, like, yo, my man's was good, but that's who Ohio State chose. And even still I had a great relationship with Jim Trussell. That was my man, Like I had a lot of boys who went to Ohio State. Like, hey, that God worked everything out. Man.
Speaker 8: You know, you know.
Speaker 4: He a man of faith.
Speaker 1: We understand that.
Speaker 4: You you know, you're a PK.
Speaker 12: You a double yeah preacher's kid man brother, right, you know you brought up something. You brought up an interesting thing, he said, the transfer portal.
Speaker 2: You know, and as spartans, we all, you know, hearing about this transfer portal, but it hit home this week, especially a couple was yesterday Dylan Tatum, you know, uh decided to enter the transfer portal. And you know this is the guy, you know, the governor that's what we always call the governor underscore one K. But there was something that Darien Harris and I think producer Tim's putting that up right now on the screen for people to see. If you if you're watching, if you can put that back up one more time, shutting so we can see it. And he says, I better, I have been reading any nonsense about y'all on this decision, great young man will make another program very happy. Epitomizes what it means to be at ST four.
Speaker 3: You l so the question.
Speaker 2: Because you know everybody, you know, they see these kids going into the portal right now, all right, you know this is this is a question for everybody we live right now. We got three Spartan dogs live to talk to you different eras you know, two running backs of center and no defensive backs.
Speaker 4: But that shit doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: But we want to ask the question that Darien asked, what do you think sdfour L means Spartan dog for life means you know, he kind of gave two different synopsises, if you will. He talked about someone of Kenneth Walker, the third his career. He said, if you come in from another school and you have one year at Michigan State and then you you know, a great year whatever, and then you go on to the NFL or you leave. Is that a spartan dog for life versus maybe a person who's there, pours his heart out for three two three years, graduates and then leaves.
Speaker 4: To go to another school.
Speaker 2: And we want to know what people think and what they feel about it, because you know, we know what we feel about I think you know, we all may feel differently about we may feel the same way.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We haven't rehearsed this shit. We just want to talk about it. So I'll start with you, Javion, like you when you've seen I mean, you know Dylan like we probably better than you've seen him recently. And we talked to him here and there, and you've seen him recently because you work with the staff at Michigan State. So what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 10: I feel like there's a lot of stuff, like different scenarios, different situations that can go in to determine if one.
Speaker 1: Could be really considered a spartan dog like Dylan. I would definitely consider.
Speaker 10: Him a part of that, because I mean, this man stayed in Michigan State for some years he graduated, he has a degree at Michigan State.
Speaker 1: And then also the work he did that everybody didn't get.
Speaker 10: To see how he trained, how he not only was working his ass off, but the leader he was being to the rest of the group.
Speaker 1: For me, just being able to see that all of that matters, like he wasn't he wasn't a selfish.
Speaker 3: Dude like he may.
Speaker 10: He made sure he was always trying to trying to push everybody else. And the fact that he dealt with injuries and even still with his injuries, how he still was being the biggest cheerleader to his boys because he still wanted Michigan State to be successful.
Speaker 1: So for me, with me knowing all of that and seeing all of that, like, hey man, you was spartan dog for life, bro, like one hundred percent. And I feel like.
Speaker 10: You have to because with the whole transferring thing, I feel like you have to have a little bit of some selfishness just to make sure you feel like you're doing what's best for you and you're putting yourself first when it comes to ultimately lord willing giving yourself a chance, even just a chance to make it to the next level. Like so I wasn't mad, Like I wasn't mad. I talked to you, I talked with him like I was happy for him. I was proud of him for that, for everything that he did for my school while he was here. And then I can blaitely understand him feeling like, you know, I just kind of want to see what else is out there to try to try to put myself first rather to make sure I'm doing the right.
Speaker 3: Thing for me.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, man, I don't I don't have a hard I don't have it.
Speaker 10: It's hard for me to kind of have an issue with that, you know. And I feel like it's funny talking about the you know, I hear get people talk about the portal and the way kids get paid blah blah blah. They felt like, this is my experience. Anybody listening to me, this is my experience, this is what I have experienced. Every single person I've seen complaining about.
Speaker 4: Again, this is me.
Speaker 10: Every for me, every person who I have seen complaining about the portal, complaining about how much these kids getting paid blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: A or every person I've seen doing that.
Speaker 10: It's always coming from somebody who doesn't even have a dog in the fight.
Speaker 1: They don't have a son, they don't have a nephew, a little cousin.
Speaker 10: Or whatever that's in that type of position to be able to make that type of life changing money for themselves and their family or their future family.
Speaker 2: Or like.
Speaker 10: Every person who I see complaining about it is always coming from somebody they're not in that situation, So I don't see it's always just like a fan, like or you know, just like again, I can't put no plan in that somebody who doesn't even you don't even have a dog in a fight, like, because I feel like people would feel different or or said person would feel different if it was coming from somebody who they actually had a son, who's like, hey, I'd have been that said school for X amount of years, Like this school maybe it is offering more And because that NFL ain't promised. Man, it ain't promised to nobody. So and shoot, somebody like me, you could work your butt off and then one play is over. So it's kind of I can't knock somebody with trying to like maybe chase the bag or just even just simply is just trying to put themselves in a better situation.
Speaker 1: You know, to be successful with it whatever school like that that I'm not mad about this, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like you you brought up a lot there, right, and I see so Marine this is thank you, suck. I feel as a man, I'm gonna have a right the police. Who's Spartan Dog for life or not? I'm not at early am lifts to practice and going through big coaching changes that can massively impact players.
Speaker 1: So you know, Swearve.
Speaker 2: You know you got a guy like like the governor, right, this is guy you know, I know you talking about he light skinning pretty, He did everything.
Speaker 4: He was the face of the franchise.
Speaker 1: He's that guy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: We love his family, Mam and daddy, sister, cousins, girlfriend, everybody right, and he did everything right. And people ridicule you ridicule him right now because he's going into the portal.
Speaker 4: But everybody doesn't go into the portal the chase bag.
Speaker 2: Everybody doesn't go into the portal because they feel like they turn their back on you know, the people that that got him where he's at right now. Well, how do you how do you feel about him specifically and what's going on?
Speaker 5: I mean, for one, about this Spartan Dog I look at it like this, like those it's like a fraternity, right, so you look at the guys like they say, Shack shack a C doll. But did Shaq do the what they called the undergrounds? You know, yeah all that shit? Did he really do that? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Did Michael Jordan all those guys really do that?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I look at that as spartan dolls, like K nine did he He didn't come in with a freshman group, but he came in he did work. So he's like an ordinary spartan doll, you know what I'm saying. I'm saying that's how it's like, like like Jay say, that's it's just my opinion. It's just me because I'm talking about some guys that came in as freshman, you know, like my class Mateen Cleeve, the rope Bear, the Gary Scott, like you know, to my Duke. You know what I mean, we dogs like you know, but now to get somebody to come in for a year, Yeah he do work?
Speaker 3: Okay? Cool? You know, we give you the handshake, you know, the hand okay cool?
Speaker 5: But ah, you unaware we mess with you, you know, but now you get a guy and and and and in the president situation. You know, dude got pride. Man, you talk like you just say you're talking about the guy that just went.
Speaker 3: To the big ten.
Speaker 5: Uh mena media day to do that shit. I remember going my junior year, you know what I mean. I mean, you're one of the top guys on the team back I know better it was back in my days.
Speaker 1: I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So now you get new coaching staff in for some reason, they may like they guys, They may recruiting other guys.
Speaker 3: I've seen.
Speaker 5: I've been through that with my with my kid, my son committed to know to day, you know. But they bring another running back coach here who was like his guys, and that's what happened with him. For some reason, he got hurt, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So is he wrong? Especially now when you can't leave and you got two more years ago?
Speaker 1: See that is that is what I'm talking about. And I swear I'm sorry, like and I.
Speaker 10: Don't mean I don't I'm not intentionally trying to talk bad on on any coach, but coaches do.
Speaker 1: Be having favorites, bro like they do. But now I don't know everybody's situation.
Speaker 10: But I can understand if like, yo, you in a room and you just you pete, Like, Yo, this coach ain't really messing with me. He like he liked this guy, like he really just like him, like, and that's not cool. I've seen and again for me, I've seen guys suffer from that because they weren't able to just analyze the situation. See, all right, Ao, you really rocking with this dude. I'm competing and often I'm actually beating this guy. But yet whatever it is about him, you just got a certain connection with him.
Speaker 3: You just like him.
Speaker 10: So all right, cool, no no love loss, But I need to make sure I'm doing what's best in me and putting myself in the best situation to where I could even get that chance on ultimately getting to where I want to go. So hey, I like, we compete, we weren't acted, but I pete and I gotta I gotta slide.
Speaker 1: So yeah, bro, like I feel you man, well.
Speaker 5: Javon, this this is what happened in that coaching world, right. You gotta think if these coaches, a lot of these coaches, especially big time players, a lot of them recruiting the same players, you know what I'm saying. So now, matter of fact, I just talked to a coach and saying, yes, said when I got here, you know, these weren't my guys. You know what I'm saying, These weren't my guys. So that's why I got to get my guys in here, you know what I mean. I got to get the guys that I feel like that'll suit this defense or suit suit the type of guys that I want to coach, that's that will performed. You know. I heard a guy just say that just weeks ago, So that means I got a new job. I came from another team yet. But some of these guys I wouldn't even I wouldn't even put on my recruited list. I wouldn't even made a call some on them a letter. But I gotta deal with this until I get my guys. So I don't know if that was Tame's situation, but to hear coaches say that, which it makes sense, you know, because we're all in the same recruiting world. I want to go get the guys that I want on my team. If I can't let me go get them, bring them in the room and move the guys out. That wasn't my guys, you know what I'm saying. So that kind of go both way because as a player, you like, damn, I like coach ringing out my dude. You know, I can talk to him anything he gone. Now the next dude come in. I ain't listening to him. I can't vibe, but I can't go in. I can't be personal with him.
Speaker 3: Then I hurt.
Speaker 5: And I don't know what what the situation was, but I know those are different scenarios in that coaching changed and also with that player. But now the players got to say so now they got the gun.
Speaker 1: Too, and I love that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: They ain't even got to pack that ship, Jamon. They can when they get the more money when they go. They can buy that ship when they get there. Us we had to pack our shipped up and go ahead and take you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, And bro.
Speaker 1: I love I do. I do enjoy that.
Speaker 10: Finally things are in the in the best position for the player to do what's best for them, because they always say coaches have been doing it for years, but now like players can finally it too. I saw somebody try to.
Speaker 1: I can't remember exactly exactly what the point was.
Speaker 10: They were just talking about how it still should be different from a coach to a player, a coach who's been coaching for all these years compared to an eighteen, nineteen year old, and in my mind immediately went to that coach has already made it, meaning he's already successful, he already has a lot of money, he's already in that coaching world, so he's gonna always have a job. That window Ford said, player is small and they're trying to they're trying to at least get a piece of it to then finally grow from there.
Speaker 1: So I yeah, I'm not I don't.
Speaker 10: I don't know, man, I'm never I'm never mad at a kid for just kind of doing what he feels like it's best for. There's no I don't think any university should be more important than you doing what's best for you, You doing what's best for your family, you doing best for your future family. Because I've never seen a guy who said, hey, I'm gonna stay loyal to the school and the brotherhood and I'm gonna just stick it out and stay here, blah blah blah. I've never seen that guy. Now, you leave, you don't make it to wherever it is that you're trying to go. Now, you struggling. I ain't never seen no school reach back out to that kid, hey man, because you stay down with us, man for your whole career.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man? You your bills?
Speaker 1: Okay? You are your tires to your car? Okay? Like, are you struggling with anything? Are you struggling with a job?
Speaker 3: Can we help you?
Speaker 10: I ain't never seen that. Every school that I've seen, they replace you and they move on and continue to make millions millions. So yeah, so who am I?
Speaker 1: Who am I of fuss at a kid for?
Speaker 10: Like, hey, coach Ringer, Like, I gotta this is here right now, Like I gotta take this opportunity because they're trying to either a pay me more and then maybe try to you know, it betters my chances to ultimately get in the world.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to get to you know.
Speaker 4: One thing that you brought it up. Both of y'all have said this.
Speaker 2: You know, it's really a thin line when you look at this and you strip all the bullshit away between because we've been here, all of us have been here coaches playing that mind game shit with you, you know what I mean, like like, are you really are you really with us that you really mentally tough enough to do this shit that we like, if we really.
Speaker 1: Can we count on you?
Speaker 2: Right, It's hard for a young man to decipher between that and I ain't fucking with you.
Speaker 1: Let's be keep it real. But it's hard because it feels like that.
Speaker 3: I know all.
Speaker 4: Look, I've heard from my sons.
Speaker 2: I've heard it from several young players today that we kind of coach them through that and say, man, that's what coaches do. We know you the best place. You know, that's that bullshit. But sometimes, man, you can't tell, you know, in a in a situation like where you you're the face of the program, everything is great. The new staff comes in and then a one minute day like let's go to let's go to Indianapolis. You're going you the the guy that we're gonna take and representing the whole team. There's only three of us that we've taken. Three players want the new staff did that? Now, let's not let's not twist this up. The new staff. Jonathan Smith took Dylentatum to the Big Ten Media Days last year and then to then feel like, man, I'm I'm not. I'm not running with the ones, I'm not running with the twos. I'm not damn you know, like what what's up? I'm on billboards, but I'm not this. And then you know, the financial component comes into the play, okay, and they started.
Speaker 4: Messing with that.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things. Guys aren't always just trying to be greedy. And I think that's what happens when people don't understand when guys are trying to decipher between am I being Are they trying to see if I'm really a spartan, if I'm here for y'all, or if I'm just not your guy, and the fans, people on the outside looking in look at it and say he greedy No matter what, they just blanket everybody who's in the portal is greedy.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna tell you, guys, like that's just not true.
Speaker 10: I agree with you, bro, And like I said, though, everybody for me, anybody again hearing me for me?
Speaker 1: Anybody who I've seen fussing and complaining about.
Speaker 10: That they don't have no like I said, they ain't got no kid or no nothing in that type of sois because I bet you they'd be singing a different tune if they had a son or a brother who was in that situation to where you know, I could make a different decision to maybe help better myself, even even as far as the money, the way the month, the way these kids get paid now, like man, they they'd be feeling different if they're if their kid or if they're close relative or best friend or something whatever was in that situation.
Speaker 5: And then you gotta also understand this, how much the kid I carry itself. For that dude to write and Harris, For Harris to write there on Twitter like he did, that's nothing but respect. And also for what you know, Jay just just said about the kid. You understand what I'm saying because guess I'm in the kid we don't had in the portal. And Harris a standing up dude. He ain't said no shit like that by nobody else you Undertand I'm saying so that means that kid there was, you know, raised the right way, the right way.
Speaker 3: I hate to see you go, but I understand.
Speaker 5: Why you're gone straight up. But while you was here, you was a stand up dude. You know what I'm saying, that's one of those you like, man. I hope you you know, you tap him on his head as you black boy. I hope you get the bag.
Speaker 3: I hope you. I hope you shine.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: I hope you do your thing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day, you gotta think, if I supposed to be that dude and I'm coming off injury, you putting me on thirty, you ain't really giving me no sign. May y'all kiss my ass. I'm gone.
Speaker 4: That's the Miami I swear, swear, hold no mother.
Speaker 1: Steps you.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, And I.
Speaker 4: Love you for it because you're right. You're right, You're right in that instance.
Speaker 2: Sometimes guys want to let it play out a little bit because they like love. They really love the place. You recognize bullshit when you see it quickly. The other guys who's raised in a different environment than you was raised there, don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: They kind of saying, what is this is?
Speaker 3: This is a test? You feel me?
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So when you you always talk about that right swear, you say you you got a good hard you you know, you know you say that type of shit, that's dyling, right. He's trying to understand here. He didn't grow up in the place where people coming at anymo sideway.
Speaker 1: He's like, what you don't deserve that.
Speaker 2: There's nothing that Fentatum is done to deserve anybody coming to him sideways.
Speaker 3: And I don't know who or why or what it was, but I'm telling you that's what.
Speaker 2: There's not something that where Okay, he's a bad chaser, kiss my ass if y'all think Falentatum is a bad chase.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's just so pretty.
Speaker 8: He just.
Speaker 3: So pretty. When I first met I'm like, boy, you're pretty.
Speaker 1: You look.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson pretty.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying, Hey, look man, I've said I've seen the work Dylan put in when he was there from the practice field to in the.
Speaker 1: Training room, and then after his after his injury.
Speaker 10: How he still was with the other guys and how he still wanted them to be successful. And then like, bro, he that man is one hundred percent good with me. Like, can't nobody say no no mess about him, no mess about him to me? Like I'm I am proud of him.
Speaker 13: I'm happy that you know, Like I said, he graduated from Michigan State, Like I'm I'm thankful for him that he still has two more years to where now he could go and you know, do what he feels is best for him, for his life, for his family, like he gonna be man.
Speaker 1: I hope, hope and prayer. You know, he's gonna be a dog.
Speaker 10: And even if it was even if it was money, I'm not mad at the fact that if if another school is like AO, what's Michigan State paying you all?
Speaker 1: AO will double or triple that, Like I ain't mad.
Speaker 10: At like I know he ain't. I know he ain't no bad chance, but I'm not mad at it because again that next the NFL is not promised, Like it's not promised. So I'm not mad at you trying.
Speaker 5: What you say were bad chases over there, y'all kids mind, you gotta get it why they give.
Speaker 10: It it, because well, I'm just it's just because of a lot that I've even seen. And then even with my own life, like one play, my career was over. So like I ain't knocking in, especially at running back, I ain't knocking no running back and going into college and he's trying to get as much money as he can out of college because no telling, he might only be in the NFL for two years, and therefore he could.
Speaker 1: Have made Connor Cook Connor.
Speaker 10: If we had n I L back when Connor Cook was playing, Connor probably would have made more at Michigan State than what he did in the NFL.
Speaker 1: So come on, man, it's just this, yeah, this.
Speaker 2: Yours, you know, like when you talk about that, you know sometimes I mean, I'm not speaking from specificity, but what I'm speaking from is sometimes guys.
Speaker 4: May have a deal, right. People don't know that that.
Speaker 2: There are sometimes when those coaches and the staff or whatever the powers that be cut that deal down. Sometimes that happens. It's not always Hey, the guy was making you know, X, and he's trying to get to why. And if if Michigan State or whoever it is ain't trying to pay the why, then I'm out. Sometimes they have X and the staff says, now we can take your ass down then down here that's and they're like, well, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa? What I know the market is at least here, if not higher, And nah, motherfuck you hear.
Speaker 10: But see even with that, now a kid has a chance to bet on himself to where he doesn't have to stay in that situation that it isn't really going anywhere for him.
Speaker 1: When the coaches do it, when the coaches take that ship. Did somebody do that to them?
Speaker 2: How many coaches do you talk to if somebody came to them and saying we're gonna lower your ship?
Speaker 3: What would they do?
Speaker 4: Outside of guys like, oh was it?
Speaker 1: Hardball?
Speaker 4: He took that shit because he knew he couldn't. He had nowhere else to go.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but you but harball, he went from whatever amount of millions to this amount of millions.
Speaker 1: Like it's different, like it it's different, totally different.
Speaker 10: But yeah, but like, man, it ain't no coach doing that, man, like for real, Like you're not about to if you know your worth is here with what you've been able to do. And they're like, hey, I know we were paying you know you was getting paid seven hundred and fifty thousand. Man, we're gonna drop you down about two hundred.
Speaker 3: Like what.
Speaker 1: That ain't going mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I wait till I get the last payment and I'm.
Speaker 1: Out gotta get that last payment.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, we gotta we gotta make a move, brother, you know I'll tell you what, man, like, you know this money in my opinion, you know this is my opinion was never an issue.
Speaker 4: We talk about a guy like Dylan Tatum, So.
Speaker 2: Anybody else when you're talking about with a guy like Darien Harris coming out there and you see us, we're here talking, Jamon's there on a regular we kind of know what the hell's going on. You know what I'm talking about on this podcast, We kind of know what's going on. I'm saying, don't ever disrespect the Tatum family.
Speaker 4: At all from what they are.
Speaker 1: Not that family, y'all.
Speaker 10: I hope everybody need to just hey, give them platform and be like, man, we're praying for you.
Speaker 5: We talk about respect, Steve, just disrespect than the family. And they say, I look like an older Dylan, Steve, get the hell out of here. Dylan is pretty. You're not pretty no more, man, Dylan right now is pretty. The boy is pretty.
Speaker 10: Ain't no, ain't no funny, no funny stuff. But like, bro, he got these eyes like I'm like, I don't look.
Speaker 3: Him in his eye. I told him, I said, he don't look me in my eyes. Boy, I'm cutting you off front.
Speaker 5: Now you're cut off. You don't cut me off. Why don't you, I said, I said, boy, don't look me in my eyes. Boy went on, We're.
Speaker 2: Gonna getting no lawsuit like saying that something. We don't get none of that, all right.
Speaker 3: I had to tell him, no, Dinny, but you got some pretty eyes.
Speaker 1: But what the hell?
Speaker 4: A lot of crazy, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 2: Hey man, listen, guys, I think we've really covered this in a great way.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, he got two running backs on here. They ran over four or five, and the combine together to the greatest running backs. And hey, Ship and Low ran the same thing. Our greatest running backs outside the K nine who didn't start out here. I mean, we ain't got to run No. Four three, You know what I'm saying. To be great, you know what I'm saying that coman.
Speaker 1: You got Jeremy Lanford, he ran like a four or four yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: Some guys, man, you got some running backs, running backs who came out of came out of Michigan State.
Speaker 1: Man, and Jason Jason. I love to ran behind you, manh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey Jamo. He had a big ass head and a big ass ass.
Speaker 1: He had an ass head.
Speaker 3: Boy, you're gonna get six inches easily.
Speaker 10: He did it.
Speaker 3: But you you know what, no worry, but we are I gotta go. I don't know how that came up, like we as running backs. I know, people don't know they I used to say, Man, hey, y'all give me six inches.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I got this now there, I gotta say, no Diddy for the football term, meaning that's what I needed.
Speaker 8: To get to you.
Speaker 1: Bro, Yeah, I ain't even Yeah, I know it's time.
Speaker 5: Yeah you need yeah, yeah, yeah you know, but yeah and even boat legging and picture told.
Speaker 2: Man, hey, Jaman, we appreciate you coming on, brother man Man, thank you for having.
Speaker 4: Brother Man, thanks for him coming on.
Speaker 2: Hey, swearve give us a final thought one minute mon before we get about of here.
Speaker 5: Hey, first of all, it was a pleasure because Javonne he didn't know this about it.
Speaker 3: I was like a proud big brother watching them, bro, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And somebody put up there in fifty five time when he carried I thought a run because I wanted that and never got it. I always tell people we had a game of bone with both backs had over two hundred yards. I said, imagine if I had this kid, I had a most y'all ever.
Speaker 10: One.
Speaker 3: They ain't gonna tell you what happened after the game. We had the best part of the world, you know, my last day.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Just ma'am proud of you, man in love what you're doing.
Speaker 7: Leep.
Speaker 3: Been in the motel man, and keep wearing them damn tight shirts.
Speaker 2: Man. Proud of you, Yes, sir, much loved fellas set Javone Riga. I'm Jason Straighthorn. This is farta, ain't mans you everybody have a good night. God bless you.
Speaker 4: Go green, go right.