Speaker 1: I made a decision play Sunny Sun on Ahead Visions night. What's happened in everybody? Of course we started like right when a plane? Right when a plane?
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you can hear the plane going over, it's kind of loud for us. We are in the path of Burbank Airport.
Speaker 1: Yes, we certainly are. Yeah, that's the one problem with NoHo, which which is where we are, which is just really cool speak for North Hollywood, right, But where I live in Encino, there's a flight it's the Van E's Airport that's right there, and I get a lot of planes going yeahead. Yeah, get used to it totally. Yeah. So yesterday morning the reason I texted you do you have Horizon? And you said no? But yesterday okay, So yesterday morning I went to go. I got up in the morning and on my phone up by up by where it says like LTE or five G or whatever, where your bars are, how your internet's doing? So when I'm in the house, I have wireless, so it just looks like that little fan right, okay, but then next to it it just had like dot dot dot dot dot, And I was like, oh, that's weird. But I didn't think that much of it. Then I went to go walk Bob in the morning and I it just I was not getting any internet. It just said, or you know, cellular service is what it actually is. It said sos oh, And I was like, this is so weird because my neighborhood is really good for like, as soon as I walk beyond where my internet is, I can listen to podcasts. I could you know it's I have a really good cellular service. I don't. Yeah, I know you don't. But that's why it was very surprising that I'm like, oh, all of a sudden, our neighborhood sucks, like we don't get good service, you know. And then I was like, of course, because this is something I want to get into. Something I'm noticing about myself and my level of anxiety. I really think it's a hormonal thing because I know I've always been anxious, but I swear to you my brain like kind of catastrophizes all the time. And I don't mean to like I'm not normally. I know everybody who listens to this is thinks I'm super neurotic. I know I've always been a bit neurotic, but not crazy. Right, right, But now I have to get very level headed. For sure, I think so, but I feel like I constantly have to go okay, that's that's like worst case because in my mind, I'm like, oh, my phone's broken. Oh I guess, I guess I don't get data. If something's wrong, I have to get a new phone. Oh, that's going to be a huge pain in the ass. Then I'm like, oh, I got to I gotta text John and tell them like there's no service in the neighborhood. Yeah. But then I'm like, oh, I can't text John because I can't. Did you try? I couldn't. It was on sous. I had no Internet service, which means I had no Wi Fi calling, I had know nothing. I couldn't do anything with my phone now, Luckily, because that is really a huge emergency. I can't what am I supposed to just walk the dog and have silence? No?
Speaker 2: No, when you imagine, no, you know what I used to do with Phil. I would have to download podcast and then take Phil for a walk because once I got out of my range in my house, it would just it wouldn't go through.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So I was luckily when I went back east I had downloaded some podcasts for the plane. Yeah, because even though you get free Wi Fi on the plane, it's not good. No, So I was afraid. I was afraid. Im so afraid. Yeah, you don't want to be in silence. So I had a couple of podcasts downloaded, and I was like, they weren't my first choice. It's like it's something right, you know. So I'm listening to a podcast, can't make a phone call, can't do anything. I'm on a long ass walk right. Well, first of all, I try to go to the park where I always go, and there was like a coyote in the park. Oh god, I could see it from a distance. I'm like, what do you want to ask for trouble? Right? Come on? Right? Really? So I go, I have to turn around, go the other way. I'm going far, like around neighborhoods. Definitely more cell towers. So I was like, maybe there's a cell tower down like right near my house. Right, No, because I'm I'm out of the range. I'm walking fucking far right and it's still sos. The very best I ever got was it went to LTE for a second, but it was like one bar and then it would disappear back to SOS and then it would even say satellite, like do you want to use satellite, like aim your phone at the sky and get some of like Elon Musk's satellite service or whatever. And I tried nothing. It was like no, can't, can't even connect to that. So anyway, get home. John still asleep because I walk really freaking early. And this is the reason I'm telling you the rest of this is so you can be proud of me, because rather than wake John up and go John, there's something wrong with my phone. It's broken. We have to go to the store. Also where we have Spectrum own service, okay, and Spectrum there's no Spectrum stores. So I'm like, just our luck that you can't even like go show up at the Verizon store. Right, here's my phone. Yeah, okay. So I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna use AI and try to solve my own problem, right, which I know technically is not really solving my own problem, but it kind of is because it's not asking for it's not asking John. So I put into Chatchy. Well, it's not Chatchy BT, it's Google Gemini. Okay, I put into good So you have service to do that at your home. At my house, the wireless is fine, okay. So in my house, nothing wrong with the wireless. Okay, no cell no cell service. I see. So I would have been able to make a call if it was a Wi Fi call, okay, Like, but I wouldn't have been able to like text somebody who doesn't have anyway, it doesn't matter. I put in the thing. I go, hey, I have spectrum. Is there a reason what would cause me to have like no no cellular service? So they're like, okay, don't freak out, like but you know, there's a lot of different reasons. One could be there's a there could be like a tower down or something. Yeah, but probably not. So what you might want to do? First of all, turn your phone on and off, which I had already done it, already restarted my phone. Then it goes you might need to like open up your phone and do something with your SIM card. And I was like, okay, I got to stop you right there. That ain't happening. It's not not going to do that. I don't even would not even know how to do that. No SIM card. No. So then they're like, but before you do any of that, before you fuck up your phone, go to Oh, Spectrum uses Verizon towers, So go to Verizon and check and see if there's an outage in your area. So I'm like, okay, do you have a link for that? And they're like, oh, you can't look it up yourself. I was like not really, and they're like, okay, here you go, here's the links. Click the link says put in your address, we'll see how you're And then I put it in and oh my god, lo and behold. They're like, yes, this is a known issue in your area. Okay, it's not going to be back on until like two in the morning, oh no, following morning. So I was like, wow, that's that's kind of crazy. Well then it turned out because then I somehow was called my friend and I found out that everybody was having this problem, everybody on Verizon. It was it was vandalism. Why somebody cut lines? It was a big story. It was on KTLA, it was a huge story. It was affecting a lot of parts of southern California, but almost everybody in the San Fernando Valley who has oh my gosh, that's a crazy vandalism app Yeah, they catch the person I don't know. I mean there's guys like cameras around, right, that's crazy. So did it come back? It came back. It did come back. We didn't have to wait till two am. It came back. I always say that, Yeah, seven thirty at night. Yeah, it came back while while I was on my second walk, right, So I downloaded a couple of podcasts from home, went to go take him for a walk, and then while I was walking, all of a sudden it comes back. That's the best feeling ever. Too.
Speaker 2: You know, when my electricity goes out in my neighborhood, I have to ask somebody, can you look up you know, southern California, Edison, put in my zip code and let me know what the status is. And it's always like, yeah, not coming back until you know, midnight or whatever. Right while it's like eleven am in the morning, and like what the fuck? So you're just like without electricity, are just camping?
Speaker 1: Right? It's bullshit, it is it is. Yeah, there should be like backup for that.
Speaker 2: Well you got to like a generate Well that doesn't work now, well for the electric off of a yeah, yeah, for the electricity.
Speaker 1: But thank god in my new neighborhood.
Speaker 2: There's not a lot of there's not they say, there's not a lot of outage power outages, thank god.
Speaker 1: So looking forward to that, that's nice. Yeah yeah, I mean, knock on wood, we don't have power outages. I mean that is super rare. But we're on Spectrum because do you remember this was like years ago. It was years ago because it was right after COVID because I started teaching classes during COVID R and I had AT and T was my that's what you have, right, that was my internet. Yeah, it's great internet. We had switched from Spectrum before that because they sucked, so we went to AT and T. And then one day it just started saying like your internet's unstable. And I was like, well, that's weird because we pay for a gigabyte, like we pay for the top that you can have the most internet you can have. Give me all the internet. Yea, everybody else is in it, right right, right? I want super fast, right. I don't know how else to ask for that, but top top shelf, right, I did that. I just went through this.
Speaker 2: I'm it's we're living parallel lives because I just had to deal with Spectrum over the weekend because I didn't have Wi Fi at the new house.
Speaker 1: Oh, I had nothing, and we.
Speaker 2: Were over there Wendy's in town, so we would go over there and like do our measurements. And I was trying to text Glenn and nothing was going through. And then Glenn called and then I had to stay in one spot in the.
Speaker 1: House to talk to him.
Speaker 2: I couldn't move because then I'd lose him, and then I'd try and text him and it's not going through.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: But however, they sent the Spectrum equipment right to the new house, so I was like, great, but before I go at my house that I'm in currently, I'm going to make sure on my Spectrum app I'm logged in so that way, when I get there if I have to log in and do whatever.
Speaker 1: Because I was going to set it up.
Speaker 2: I was just like, I asked CHATCHYBT is it easy, and they were like, yeah, it's easy. Here's a three minute video that Spectrum has of how to set it up, and I watched it and I was like, Okay, I can do this. However, I get to the house and it's like the first thing, well, before I get to the house, I call Spectrum because I couldn't log into my app because somehow the kids changed the password.
Speaker 1: At some point, so right, so I didn't.
Speaker 2: So it was like, use your name now, we don't have your username phone, No, we don't have that, like everything was changed. So calling the Spectrum guy. Get this guy on the phone. He was a total dick. Yeah. I was like, you know, I don't have my account number with me. It's on my app, but I can't log into my app. I have to reset everything. Can you help me reset? And he's like, I go, but before we do that, can you give me the account number? And he's like, yeah, here's the account number. One zero three, two five six Wait no, that's sorry. Wait, and I'm writing it down and he's going fast and I'm like, wait, okay, let me repeat that one six three three and he's like pauses. He goes, no, there's no two threes, it's one six three. I go, well, you said two threes, okay, and we go back and he was like blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Then I go.
Speaker 2: Then he resets everything and he's like, here's here's the new username. You can change it, but here it is. He gives it to me. I log in it doesn't work because he's still lost, right, so it black and then he goes, I go, well, can you give me that username again? He goes, I don't have it again. He goes, you didn't write it down, Lynnette.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he said, wll no.
Speaker 2: I go, no, Paul, I didn't write it down because I was you said, just put it in and I could log in. He goes, well, I didn't log out soon enough, so now let me go dig for it again.
Speaker 1: So that's on your right.
Speaker 2: And then something happened along the way and I go, what was that number again? And he goes, I have to go back and look, and I go, you didn't write it down, Paul?
Speaker 1: You did? I did? I say? He was laughing. He was like he was like, okay, touche right, Like this is a guy I was dealing with for you know, twenty minutes on the phone. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Then I get to the new house to set up the spectrum. First thing you gotta do is look for the coax cable in the house. What do you want from me?
Speaker 1: What? What? Okay? Let me go look.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking around that, I go and look underneath the TV that they left the TV which I'm gonna switch out.
Speaker 1: But underneath they left all these wires.
Speaker 2: There's a million wires, right, So then I'm trying to call like Mike or go. I can't get anybody on the phone, like, and then Mike goes send me a picture, So I'm trying to send him a picture.
Speaker 1: Nothing's going through, of course.
Speaker 2: So luckily when he's brother who lives close by, he was going to come by any way to say hi to her, and he's like, I'll help you. And then he found the coax cable and then I set the the boxes up. All you had to do is just plug it in, and he plugged it in and we got it. So now I got WiFi at that house, oh yeah, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, but so I'm guessing that your house, though, doesn't have good cell service either.
Speaker 2: The house I'm in right now, the new house. Oh well, now that it has the wife and now that spectrum's going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when spectrum goes out sometimes, right, it's going to be a bit.
Speaker 2: Well that's why Glenn, you might have to get a booster. Well, that's that's where Glenn comes in. I've I've been talking to Glenn probably sixteen times a day, I really, and he's so into it.
Speaker 1: He loves it, like, this is what you got to do for the floors, this is what you got to do for this.
Speaker 2: And then I was telling him about the he was like I was on the phone with him and I kept getting cut off and he goes gut and then he sends me a text with this with this tech guy on it.
Speaker 1: He's like, take Carolynette.
Speaker 2: So I'm calling this guy and he's going to like, you know, do all that so that I don't have to deal with this, you know, calling people on FaceTime audio all the time, which is what I do now.
Speaker 1: Right, you shouldn't have to, I know. Although if I'm being honest, our house doesn't have great cell service either. Yeah, it's not. You don't get a good connection. If the WiFi is out, you don't get good data. Right. Is it data or data? I don't know. I think it's data, data, data, data. I think it's data. Anyway, is not good, like from inside our house, it's not great, right, But we got some booster that I do think helped.
Speaker 2: I got some boosters too, and it helped a little bit. But it's my neighborhood, you know, yeah, soon as I walk out of my house. There's just no no Wi Fi at.
Speaker 1: Your house you're at now. Yes, I just hope the new house is a little better at it. That's what I'm hoping. Hopefully your internet won't go out a lot. But like, just to finish my little story about that, it started being saying it was unstable, and it would go it would kick me out of the zoom like it was bad while I was teaching, which is not a good look. And I was like, so of course I call right away. I was like, hey, guys, I'm paying for a gigabyte and it keeps saying it's unstable. What's the problem. And they're like, there's no problem, everything's fine, and I was like, okay, but there is a problem because it's saying my internet's unstable. It should never say that I have the fastest internet top shelf. I think I might have mentioned. So they're like, well, we're just not seeing any problem on our end, and I was like, well that's not good enough, Like this is an ongoing problem. Okay, So then I would do an internet speed test. As soon as it would go out or say it's unstable, I would do a speed test and it would go like, you're getting like five, and then a couple of minutes later, I would do it again and it would say you're getting eight hundred. You know, So it was doing something fucked up. It was being really inconsistent. Every time it dropped out, drop down, lose the zoom, lose the TV show you're watching, lose whatever, you know, it would go out. And so finally they send somebody over to the house. He goes around, he's like, there's I'm not finding a problem. And then of course there the guy was a dick and he's like, well, I can't fix something that I can't find, so like call back when you're oh, because the problem wouldn't do it, wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: When the guy went off of Core or someone that's all like how it goes.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, look it. I took screenshots of it doing it because I would look at the Internet speed tests and it would be five and I would take a screen shot up. Yeah. The guy's like, well, I can't really look at screenshots. That doesn't diagnose a problem for me. I'm like, okay, but it proves that there is a problem. And he's like, I can't solve a problem that I don't can't find. Oh my god. So I'm like, okay, do you want me to just change services? And he's like, you can, you know, do what you need to do? So like what the fuck? But you know what, that's a pain in the ass. It is so long story short. I at one point went to my friend's house. My friend Cecily lives like half a mile from me, and she also was on AT and T. She was having the same problem though, So the worst day of it, I went to her house. Hers dropped out. I had to come running back to my house. I'm on my zoom teaching with like trying to do it from my phone. Right next day, I call Spectrum in the morning. I was like, this is what's happening with AT and T. They're like, we could be there by six o'clock. Oh. I'm like great, okay, And then I switched to Spectrum, which has been by which solved the problem. It was fine after that. But they do have more outages, Yeah, they do. And remember one time we had one that went on for almost a week. Right, it was loud. It was like living in a war torn country. You know. I have to say, you know what.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I mean Linetta was like the world. It is the worst.
Speaker 2: Trust me, I get it. I know it's happened so many times. You know what I did after the fires, because Spectrum wasn't coming back for weeks, like it was out for a long time, I had no choice to go get the starlink. I just went to best Buy, right, got the starlink. It's like the size of a laptop. Sonny helped me. We put it up on the roof, plugged it in, got the app done, and now that's my backup. Okay, yeah, so the Internet did go out like a couple days ago for a while, and I just switched over to the starlink.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, nice. So it's a good backup. You know what else is a good backup? Yes? Hers, yes, yeah. So listen, you guys know I've tried the GLP one. It worked amazingly. I had tried everything else. Nothing was working. Could not lose weight, it was going to the gym, was not eating sugar. You know you've heard me talk about this. And then I tried a GLP one and boom, lost the weight. And I've kept it off and I look, I did it last October, and here we are going into We're in August, and I am the same, and I really kind of stopped doing it. So it works okay. And now Hers has access to the we Go V pill and the we Go vpen, so you can just take a pill if you want. You don't even have to give yourself a little shot you don't want to, and you can lose up to twenty percent of your body weight when combined with diet and exercise. So ready to reach your goals? Visit for Hers dot com slash crying to get personalized affordable care that gets you. That's f O r H t rs dot com slash crying for hers dot com slash crying wait last, but Hers is not available enough if she stays with Govi's a registered trademark of Novo. Notice guests to get started. Learn more, including important safety information we govy, clinical study information restrictions. Visit for hers dot com. Boom boom, I Miss Matt Fondelier, I do too so sweet. So I was looking through my phone. I was looking through my photos I've done I've done this before, but for some reason I don't know, my phone had access to like all these really old pictures. It was sharing it. It was on my cloud. Yeah, so it was sharing from pictures that are on my computer, right, and I was just I got sucked into, Oh my god, I found pictures from my baby shower before, like pictures before I had LB is kind of around the time that I started having pictures on my phone, I guess. But I found my baby shower that had It was like a murderer's row. It had Tig and then and Chelsea Handler and uh Cecily Nobler who's my podcast partner for the Upper Rose Pricks, and like a bunch of my friends, and my mom was wow, of course, And anyway, it was so funny. I sent a picture of Tig with like much longer hair, right, I just sent her a picture and I said, my baby shower. But it was a picture of Tig and Chelsea, like they're not together, but they're sort of standing there. And then Tig goes, she was she's so funny, She wrote me back, and she goes, she sent me a picture of herself, which is very funny. It's like her hair is very short, very short, and she was making like a wrinkle like she she was making kind of a scowl, so she's extra wrinkly, and she goes, she goes, uh, she goes, Luckily, I haven't aged a bit. So then I took a picture of myself just playing there and I go I go same. And then she's like, skin treatments and surgeries have made this possible. And I said, just so much botox and fillers. We're so Hollywood. She goes, I'm more North Hollywood, and I said, I'm more Belfa. And then she goes, also, was Chelsea writing her first book? And I said, yes, I think she'd just gotten the deal because I got mine thanks to her when Albie was like four months old, so I was about to have it. I make that time. And she goes, was she she was signing the contract at your party? And I go, yeah, it was pretty narcissistic. She made my friend who was a lawyer go over everything in the bathroom and then and then she was just like, that's hilarious. Oh my god. I ever do that. You start finding like absolute photos and you start sending them to people.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do that all the time, Like it just automatically comes up, like and then you just go down this rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: And sometimes they put it to music. Doesn't use your phone, do that? Oh? Sometimes if they want to show me like a little retrospective, yeah, like you know, some pictures of Xander right right, Yeah, they do that.
Speaker 2: And then I see like the pictures of kids when they were little, and then I send it to them and they're like, oh, okay, look cute, like they don't really care. No, But then I you know, there's pictures of me and Wendy, you know, or Susanne and I in New York. You know, it's it's so like, you know, so you take screenshots and send it to them.
Speaker 1: So what did I send you? I sent you a picture for me a picture. I send you a picture of us posed from twenty sixteen with Mark Garrigos, right, he's in the middle, and we do look kind of the same. I'm wearing an arm with her muscle shirt Hillary Clinton, and we're both smiling like we don't know what's about to fuck up our country. Then I send you another one, and I have a Feelow, you don't know who it was, right, Wait, it was I keep forgetting his name, San Cassidy.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do look the same. I have to say, we don't look that different. No, my airs like the same everything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We look pretty damn happy too in those pictures, I know, especially with Garagos.
Speaker 1: There were some pictures I had of us where we would pose with people and I was like, no, no clue who those people are? Just be like us with like three women, Yeah, like who are they? I got nothing?
Speaker 2: Who are the women that we really like that came on our show that were married to, like Vince Neil. Oh it was vince Neil's ex wife. Yeah, who Glenn is friends with, our friends was friends with Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah he knew them. Yeah, back in the day.
Speaker 2: It was vince Neil's ex wife and some the chick from Baywatch. Yeah, and she was married to Nicky six.
Speaker 1: Yes, Anna, Yes, Donna Dierico. Yes, yeah, they were. We had fun with them.
Speaker 2: Remember, we had a really good time with them because they were really honest. They were like to ask us anything. Because I remember Vince Neil's daughter passed away. Remember that that it was her daughter, Oh, like at age four from cancer.
Speaker 1: Oh had that happened already?
Speaker 2: It already happened. Yeah, Oh, I think she talked a little bit about that. She the other one talked about Nikki six Yeah.
Speaker 1: Those were good. I remember those are good. Guess.
Speaker 2: I don't really don't remember any other guests that stood out we really liked, I mean other than like garags.
Speaker 1: And right, well, we had on. We had on a couple of people that I didn't love having on at the time. I remember that. There's a lot of people. I remember when that woman and I know I've brought this up recently, but when that woman from Sober the Sober Living, she was on Celebrity Rehab and Jennifer, Yeah, I didn't like it because I remember she was so kissing your ass. I remember that, and I was like, bitch, Like you two were both wearing I think a Maxi dress or something. You guys were kind of dressed to like, and she was really working hard to please you. And I was like, fucking podcast too. Yeah, she was kind of weird. She.
Speaker 2: I saw her on a TV show recently, but it was an old episode, maybe The Housewives or something, and she was there like in the you know, she was.
Speaker 1: At somebody's party. I know what you're talking about, because I was like, oh my god, that's that woman.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was vander Pump Rules, maybe she was in Yeah, she was at a party.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was the Valley, No, it was anuch vander Pump. It was an old episode. Oh well, yeah, there was that one. And then there was when Robin from the Pussycat Dolls came in on and she brought you like presents and right, do you remember and she was like we should go on vacation together, like you two, not me, right, or she was very like my name's I was very much like my name's Paul, and that's between y'all because you have no she made like no eye contact with me. And then do you remember when I was like, hey, I have a question. It's so stupid. I was like, when you how do you figure out how to tip everybody when you go to like the really expensive because her brother own the hairplace with Jonathan right the blowout or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah I went to him like once or twice maybe, yeah, I don't know. He cut my hair short, oh short, it was shorter? Yeah, yeah, well I.
Speaker 1: Just remember that she was giving me a look like wow, that is so like you just bring a lot of cat you just tip everybody like a lot, right, And I was like, oh, well, okay, I can't really afford that, and she was like, okay, right, right, yeah, I remember her.
Speaker 2: And then we oh, then we had like some authors and stuff like that. Well, let's not forget Betsy Brown Braun. Yes, the trip will be well.
Speaker 1: The one that we had that I liked was the Marky Mark, not Marky Mark, but and the Funky Bunch guy, the Funky Bunch guy, right, the Oh my god, no, and I every time we do this, I forget. It was the guy and his wife and we really like them. They have twins. Oh yeah from uh Mark Mark from the singer of uh Just Want to Fly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh, come on, we did this last time and then and then people were like Mark McGrath, yes, thank you, Mark McGrath, thank you, the singer of whatever. Yes, yeah, we liked him and his wife had twins.
Speaker 1: We also felt like we became best friends with them. Wasn't her name like Danara or something something like that. Yeah, yeah, And then I started following her on Instagram. She follows me still, I think I don't ever see any of her posts. But and then we had Stuttering John remember that, Yes, that was good. He has a trans son. I really liked him. He'd already been being bullied by people over from Howard Stern, Right, he left Howard Stern.
Speaker 2: Then he went on he was like on Jay Leno Show for a while as a sidekick.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then he was a great guess. Yeah. And then we had Joe Rogan. Now I don't remember that. You told me, but I don't think I was there. Maybe it was with Teresa. I feel did you guys have guests when you were with Teresa kind of? Oh, yeah, because that's what Kathy wanted our producer. Oh, well, yeah, because I don't think it was me. Okay. He had josh Wolf. Yeah, we had Joshua. We had Joe Coy Joey a couple of times. Yeah. Yeah. And we had the mother of what's her face? Oh uh, the mom and daughter of the Preston Cash or whatever.
Speaker 2: Now the what's her name? The big she's a downer. Oh, sings like sad songs.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean Billie Eilish, Billie Eilish is mom. Yes, we sure did.
Speaker 2: And but before she was Billie Eilish, she would talk about her.
Speaker 1: So she was because she'd made a movie. Because her bff was my friend Lorie Cory Collins and Maggie. I think that's the mom's name. LORI was was the head writer on Parental Discretion. I was basically doing her a face her because she was in this movie that her best friend like made Indy called like Life Inside Out or something about her son Phineas Phineas. She was also very famous, right right, and he's no Billie Eilish, Yeah, he's very famous. But she came on and was talking about her son, really almost no mention of her daughter. Yeah, and then Billy Eilish blew up. Right, that was crazy. And then I remember I reached out to her for tickets for LB and I was like, hey, I don't know if you remember me, but you were like on my show. Oh yeah, yeah. What did she did? She? I just said, I did not ask for tickets. I just said, my daughter is obsessed with Billy and we're going to get tickets too, because she was doing like three shows in LA. I said, just what do you think would be the best. It's going to be like her first concert, which show should we go to? And then she was like, oh my god, don't buy tickets, like let me, you can buy them for base value or whatever. So she left us tickets at We'll call Wow. I had to pair like sixty bucks a ticket. That's nice. What else did we have? We had? We had David Allen Greer, Oh my god, yes, we sure did. It was funny as shit, so funny. I still follow him on Facebook. We follow each other. Yeah, and he hates Adham now now he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey called him a right wing troll on Howard Stern, Oh he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that must have been even a while.
Speaker 2: And it was a long time ago. Yeah, because Howard's like, you guys used to be tight, because they were. They were like really I got him, put him in his movies and stuff. They hung out and he'd come over to the house on his motorcycle and they'd hang out in the garage and stuff. And then, yeah, he just stopped, just stopped reaching out.
Speaker 1: That's what happens. That's what happens. That's what happened. That's what happens. But we also had well, we had Carolyn Kepnis, who wrote Yes that was a get And I think she came back when her second book was coming out, and we like just were all over her with her. I was so obsessed with her. Yeah, I remember how flattered she was because I don't think it was huge.
Speaker 2: Yet No, it wasn't. We talked about that. We talked a shit about that book. We loved that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we sold a lot of copies of Yes we did yeah, and then supidly so yeah.
Speaker 2: And then she went on to do the TV show You on Netflix, and.
Speaker 1: She wrote several more books she would follow up to You, which was pretty good. I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head. We also had this mom of another like another mom of or wife. Her name was Mary and I'm not going to remember, but she was married to a big rock star. Oh and or maybe he had died. Maybe it was a rock star that had died, like a drug overdose, like, oh my god, I'm going to try to think of it. But we really liked her. This was very early days. These episodes, though, I don't they're not in our feed. Oh really, because our feed doesn't go all the way back to the parent experiment. Okay, so that's why I can't ever play them as classics.
Speaker 2: Right, what's the classics this week that you told me you were going to post.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was about I can't remember what it was. The last you having a fight with Adam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you asked me if it was okay to post, and I was like, I don't care, go ahead. Yeah, you said it was like foreshadowing.
Speaker 1: It was called it's called like marriage is hard, Okay, I said, I wrote to you, how would you feel about posting a best of of a Patreon from twenty sixteen where you were describing how Adam is never happy and how hard you try to do what he wants to do, i e. Construction decisions. Yes, you're basically discuss like going like I don't really know what to do because he wants this. You're being so understanding, but it's definitely foreshadowing of right. You're like, I really try to like figure out ahead of time, like I know he wants me to like be involved in Like oh, and it was a lot of Adam going Lynette, I'm just really depressed, and you're like, He's like it just makes me feel really depressed, right, Like you're not like and you're like, well, I don't want you to feel depressed. What can I do to make you feel better? Like? Nothing? You know you're not gonna like it sounds familiar? Oh boy, that was ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, so that's out this week? Yes, I think that's this Thursday. But then I also found another one where you were talking to your therapist, which I didn't think you'd mind. You said you were. It was when you were in the car. It was your hippie therapist. Oh my hippie therapy. You had a story about kind of talking about like I don't know what to do right. I think she might have fallen asleep. Yes, she does, yeh yees.
Speaker 2: Because she was older, she's like in her late like almost seventy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when I would go see her, she would sit, you know, straight up, like because she was a Buddhist, so she had both feet on the floor in her hands, hands palms on both legs, and she'd sit up straight. And then I'd start talking and then she's just like all of a sudden, her head would just go down like nod off. And I'm like, ah, hello, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I loved her for years. She was great.
Speaker 2: I found her when Adam broke up with me when we were engaged. Oh, and I was like depressed, and I went to Jimmy's house and I cried on the couch and Jimmy's like, ah, it's enough.
Speaker 1: Already He's not that great. Never forget that.
Speaker 2: And I needed a therapist at the time and found her and she was awesome, Like she really got me, you know, into like embracing the single life and forget him and blah blah blah. I had my condo and that was great. And then I had her for like years after that till she started and then Jimmy's ex wife, Gina went to her, and Jimmy's kids went to her, you know, she turned and I think Jimmy went to her too, Like she was like everybody's therapist, and then she just started getting older and following so not just with me, she'd fall asleep with everybody, right, And then she moved and then I got her again, like a couple of years ago on Zoom. She was open to doing it, and she yeah, lost her luster.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've had so many bad therapists. I had one really good one right before I married John, when I was like, oh my god, because I'd wanted John to want to marry me for so long that when he was when he proposed, and then everything was happening very quickly, and I felt like I was having a lot of like I was starting to freak out, like, oh my god, do I even want to get married? And it was like then, all of a sudden, I'm like and we had just bought a house, so I was like, I'm not buying a house getting married. Do I want to have a baby because now I was thirty six at that point, and all of a sudden, I was like shit. So I started going to this therapist and I think I was just having like eating disorder stuff coming back and just like very very stressed. And I feel like that was you know what. She'd also help me a lot. I wrote about this in Drunkish. She was really cool because she was very a little bit hippy dippy, like she would wear like long floral skirts, you know, like not really my type. And she had kind of very like short gray hair, like glasses with a little like chain, you know what I mean. Like I was liked a little grandma e. Also, she I was not sober, of course by any stretch, and she had a twelve step thing on the wall, and I felt very attacked, like, Okay, why does everything have to be about drinking? But she was very cool and she was very very professional, But you know, it was me and I was One day I would talk and my whole thing was about my father because he was calling me all the time. He was being really needy and it was very stressful. So this was before the John me getting stressed out about getting married to John, which she really helped me with that. But prior to that, I'd been going to her for a while and I was getting such an ick from my father and I was feeling so suffocated and like, I don't want to talk to him. He's so needy, He's asking me for money. This was around the time that he said he was going to kill himself if I didn't like help him. I remember one day she just looked at me and she goes something to the effect of that that man is a manipulative motherfucker, and I was like, whoa, whoa coming from her? She was trying to make me feel comfortable. Yeah, She basically was telling me that if you don't give him any money, he will be just fine. What she was saying was he will find a way right right, he always does from everything you've told me. He will find somebody else to get the money from. He'll find a way to work somebody else, and he will be fine because she said, what's your worst fear? And I said, my worst fear is that if I don't help him, he will be homeless, can't like, he won't be able to function, and he'll die alone, like on the streets. And she's like, it's not going to happen. Wow, she goes. But then she also said she goes, but if it did, I mean you can't. You can't control everything. Wow, very very helpful health. That's great. And then she was also the same therapist too when I said, how do I know if I want to have a baby because I just do not feel ready. I don't feel like I feel like I should want to want to have a baby, right, And she said, you just do it. Wow. I was like, what kind of a therapist, Like doesn't try to? Don't you think I might have mommy issues or right? Right? Right? She was just like, yeah, people just do it. That's great advice. If you don't feel strongly that you don't want to do it, right, you're probably never going to feel like I must have If you're not feeling like I must have a baby, but you're also not feeling like I never want to have kids, right, then, like is just good, do it right.
Speaker 2: That's a great advice. The same thing as like, you know, I need to buy a house, like should I do? Should I buy a house? Or should I rent the house?
Speaker 1: Like? Just do it right and it's better works out. So when I was writing Drunkish, I was remembering because I wrote about having therapy with her. I wrote about that her saying that to me, and I found her. She practiced. Her name is Stephanie with a pH, and she practices in like West La, you know, right, So somehow I couldn't remember her last name, but I looked it up. I looked up anyway, and then I found her contact page and I wrote to her and I was like, I don't know if you remember me, but like, and I said all these nice things, and she never wrote back.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Well is she older now?
Speaker 1: Oh well she must be. Yeah. Maybe I was thirty six, she was. I'm going to say she was like fifty six at the time or something. Maybe she was retired. She's not checking messages, but she still has still active, right, the practice seems still active. Right. Maybe she's just a bitch linet. Yeah, I think about that. Maybe I had her all wrong, right, No, but maybe she's lost her luster a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe she has like like my hippie lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but yeah. So to answer your question, I have some good ones. I found four good ones. I love the best Steffs, you know, because I've been airing old, old old patreons. Right, Oh that's good. I'm fine. I mean, i'm asking you. I've only asked you permission to do them, but like a couple of them because I didn't there was something that I was like, oh no, I don't want to get you in trou that could get us if it could get us in too much trouble. I didn't. But I feel like a lot of stuff it was from so long, it was from ten years ago that I was like, we don't care about that anything, right exactly. I love that so many of them. You're just like, okay, that's a ZiT really don't tell anybody. And I'm like, okay, it's fine. Now, that's good. I know.
Speaker 2: I was talking to Glenn, who listens to our show and loves last week. He was like, when I left here, he's like, where's the show. He's like, you told me it was gonna come later in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: It's one o'clock. Where is it? You know?
Speaker 2: He's like, you don't understand, Lena. He's like, I love listening to the two of you while I work. It just calms my brain because I got so much, you know, monotonous work to do, so I just listen to you guys, and I get through it. And then sometimes we'll stop and not look at Phil his partner, and go like, what.
Speaker 1: Did they just say? You know?
Speaker 2: And he's like, you guys, crack me up. And I said, listen to the best ofs like those are probably really good. He's like, I listen to all of it all the way through.
Speaker 1: Every day. There's an epithe I wish it was every day. Yeah, that's sweet. I'm trying to think if this is like more for Patreon, but well because our lost Patreon. Yes, Pete, and this is kind of I'm kind of aiming this at Glenn what I'm saying right now, but our lost Patreon Glenn. We got kind of a lot of backlash what for what? Oh? How we treat don u? But also like did Glenn maybe that Glenn's wife should have known, should know that you guys got it. But I was like, I guess you didn't really hear the whole Patreon because I don't really I disagree. I want to say, yeah, okay, I think it's fine. Yeah, I think it's fine too. Is there an update to that that we should No, No, it's fine, it's been fine. Yeah, okay, don still kookie. That's Sarah, that's its date. Yeah okay. So I also, just before we go, I feel like I had to tell you something for this.
Speaker 2: Do we want to tell the listeners to do homework and watch something that we're going to talk about on Friday?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's okay. On Netflix, they're airing forty eight hours okay, and they're the first episode if you just turn on the forty eight hours. The first episode is about these boy girl twins, right, and the boy twin kills the girl twin. Wow, I have so many thoughts. I really need people to watch this. Okay, let's talk about it on Friday. Yes, yeah, I need you to watch it. Oh oh my gosh. Okay, Well, I guess I could save some of this for Friday too. But I did want to tell you that I interviewed and I was last week. I was about to interview him. I think it was that day. But the guy Idris from Ultimatum, and but I told you I was going to have him on. Okay, so you're listening to this on Tuesday, that episode is dropped on Drunkish. I really feel like you need to go hear it. Although the second part I split it into two because it was so long. He talked all about his like upbringing, which I found very interesting. Okay, but then part two he really dishes about going on the Ultimatum. Really, I got some juice. And so the whole part two, which will probably I might put that up on Wednesday, is all the Ultimatum. I gotta watch. It's on Netflix. I gotta watch that. He tells the whole story behind what happened to the reunion. So if you guys have seen it and you're like, oh fuck this guy idries like he sucks, I think he might turn you around. I was totally turned around. Right. I love you. I think you're great. I think people just watch reality TV and form opinions on someone they don't know, and I think that this will go a long way to helping people get to know him. Right. I went, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch it, and I'm going to watch that episode.
Speaker 1: And then this week tomorrow I interview Margaret Chow. Oh that's right. Yeah. And then I'm also interviewing this guy named Paul Drayton. Who did I tell you about this guy? He wrote a book called Ride or Ride or Die trying about He was married to a famous comedian in England named Alan Carr. So he's not a big name to us, but he's like a big name. Yeah, he's like the Conan O'Brien or even big. I think I've heard that name before. He has a show called I can't remember what the show is called. It's all very English, right, But this guy was married to him, but he was also a really bad alcoholic and they got divorced mainly due to his alcoholism. Interviewing him tomorrow morning. Nice. And then I'm interviewing this comic that maybe some people who listen to our show have heard of named Jackie Kashin, who's really funny. Nice. I don't know if you know her now, Yeah, that's great, and then yes, and then Xander moves into his dorm in one week. Oh my gosh, you're kidding me. I'm sad. That breaks my arm. I know the feeling. I mean, you were pretty sad after you drop Sunday. I was so psychried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really sad and they got home and everybody was gone. My kids went at the same time, I know. But yeah, it is. It's it's an emotional thing. But it's also exciting though, too, because you see them like set up in their new place and you feel good about it and you're like, Okay, they got all their things that they need and they're going to start this whole new life, you know, and experiences, and it's that's exciting too, so you're excited. And then I felt better, Like I could see that Sonny was like excited about it, you know, and that made me feel better.
Speaker 1: Was he sad like when he first dropped him off? Was he like, oh shit, No, he was. No, he was excited. He was excited but even though he really didn't know anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he because he's that way, like you know, I mean, but he did. He did cry when when I hugged him goodbye and I started crying, so that made him cry. He got like teary eyed and he like gave me a long hug and he's like, it's okay, I'm gonna be great. I'm gonna be fine. He's like, come up and visit, you know. And I did, like a couple weeks later, went to a game with him, right and you know, and he loves it. And now I got this new apartment for him in Oregon.
Speaker 1: He moved out of that one.
Speaker 2: We got that new one for him, and he's really excited about it.
Speaker 1: It's in a great area. It's like closer to his.
Speaker 2: Friends that are out there, and like, yeah, and it's it's got a kitchen, which he wanted.
Speaker 1: So he's still living. It's still a single like he's living to sing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like by himself. Yeah, it's a student building, right, and now he's gonna have his car there, which is nice.
Speaker 1: I know. When So when does he leave? Not for a while, not for a while, like September twenty fifth or something, Oh my gosh, yeah for twenty second. Okay, so you have him for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have him still for a while. But I'm going to go with him and get him all settled into his new place.
Speaker 1: You're gonna drive there with him. I think he can drive.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to drive with one of his friends out here that lives out here and state.
Speaker 1: But I'll just yeah, let him drive fly out. I'll just meet up with him and help him. Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 2: It's nice that he'll have his car so we can throw everything in his car and not have to take everything on the plane like last time, all these suitcases.
Speaker 1: So that's good. Yeah, so he's excited, and he went furnished. It's furnished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just need little things, I guess, like for the kitchen and stuff, which is fine. And then he went camping for two nights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with you. And then he went and met up with Wendy's he was going to he was going. So he went for two nights camping at Crater Lake. Loved it.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful, like, took pictures on his hikes and stuff, and then drove to Oregon. Was with his friends in Oregon the rest of the week, and then was going to drive like Thursday and meet Wendy who was in Big Sur camping with her family. But he's like, it's a ten hour drive. By the time I get there, it's gonna be late. And then the next day everybody's got to pack up and leave the campground.
Speaker 1: Oh, so he was like, yeah, I'm not going to do that. So he just drove back from Oregon. That's a far drive though, right, it's a fire drive.
Speaker 2: He stopped and stayed at a hotel one night on his way back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a two day drive. It's it's like nineteen hours.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So he got he was gonna try and do it, but he called me and he's like, I'm getting really sleep and tired, and he's like close to like Berkeley. So I got him like this little hotel and slept there and then came back the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And he goes to the gym every day, which I love. Oh my god. So does Xander really super into going to the gym these days? Isn't that cute? Yeah? I can tell. It's like it's like he's getting buffer same with Xander, right, It's like I love it. It's great. It's great. I'm glad he's doing it. I know. It's so funny though, because Xander is so disciplined going to the gym every day. Sadie and Xander, I mean Sadie and LB nothing. Right, Albie's still living like she's a college fresh ran. She's just like, you know, I went to ihop at one am yesterday. I was like, oh, good, good for you. Deander's like, I don't want to have any ice cream in the house right now. I'm like really trying to like healthy. I'm like, Okay, that's nice. I know, great, it's gonna be it's gonna be bittersweet. I know. On Friday's episode, I'm going to tell you about a fun thing that I went and did with Xander because I wanted to have a little like I would call it a date, but like then everybody's going to be I think that's weird. But I had an outing with Yeah, it's nice when you do that outing. But before we go, let's say hi to our friends. Dick is frolicking, still frolicking, Nikki, call your girl, Elizabeth Williamson's got kids, so many kids, and Rita with her assiett yup, Holly, we love your pancakes, and Valerie Bubba Fenwick hits it out of the park and Katerina check it, check that Maller girl. Gabby and Missy they're in Oregon right now. They were on the tray el Sonny ran into them. They had one flip flop between the two of them and is Sean vashpey looking? When are you having another baby? Yeah? Rebecca cute, Kelly Brandt, he's your aunt. Take you plan Paradise, Alicia Escalante, mon Leslie with the coughing, Aaron's of Dirty Sanchez, Sandra not easy being green, Christa get the strap, Haiti's rolling on e. Also, Adam got you the car for Sonny.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did, loves it so easy, came over, dropped it off. The guy showed everything about the car to Sonny and he loves it.
Speaker 1: I feel like he also just did another f c ol person. Probably. I see a lot of feedback on our Facebook group with people that are like I used Adam. It was great. He's a very very nice guy. Adam's got a car. Jacob Crowley gave gives money to the ACLU and gives his shout out to the ACLU. And I give regular monthly donations to the a It's so important, you guys. It's protecting our rights as humans. Leilani Armstrong is a real estate agent for East Bay and Sacramento and you can call her at five three zero four hundred three three three four and see how smooth real estate can be when you have the right person. Her dre is zero two two five four zero four zero. If you want to fly to I don't know, Hawaii, wherever, book a Cruz, do whatever, why not use a travel agent your life easier. And if you're going to use a travel agent, how about Christine B. Her instagram is Travel with Christine B. She's Christine at Waves and Wonder Travel. Maren has a gift store, a gift shop on the island of Kawaii in Hawaii, and they do wedding cakes and they either are a small bakery and they do a lot of like gifty stuff, So check them out, or you can go to their Instagram page and follow them at Sugar Skull eight oh eight and then they'll do the rest of them on Friday Show. Okay, all right, thanks everybody, love you. Yeah, you're a parent. Now, don't f it out. It's let angle