Speaker 1: Sixty six here if about their CD talks station Our Political Power with George brenhaman mister politics himself. He is in the know on all matters political and we can talk energy policy and we can talk border security.
Speaker 2: George, good to have you in the studio. Thanks, Brian, been looking forward to it. Yeah, I have too.
Speaker 1: I enjoy our conversations and always appreciate your common sense and your wisdom on these matters.
Speaker 2: What's your inclination?
Speaker 1: We were talking a little bit just the off mic there before we came on about some of the problems that Harris is having because she's sending people out into the world or they are going out into the world in an effort to speak on her behalf and not really making a good point on her behalf. You know, you had the Barack Obama issue the other day talking down to black men, which I thought was rather offensive. And you know, I don't know that I'm allowed to express offense on behalf of black men, but if I were a black man, I, like so many that came out after his comments were offended and don't don't lecture rightly so rightly so. And then you had Bill Clinton on the border situation, basically saying, hey, well, had everybody been vetted, then you know this, Uh, these murders wouldn't happen.
Speaker 3: And it's it's almost like they're trained to sabotage her at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, definite on that route, because you know, Bill Clinton, I don't know where he is cognitively speaking. I know he's gauged a lot, but he still seems like he's there. But he started using this murder as an illustration Lake and Riley about you know, had that guy been properly vetted, he wouldn't have gotten to the United States, And he was sort of using that as an argument that you know, Trump sabotaged the immigration bill that it was bipartisan, and I got all kinds of problems with claiming that bill is bipartisan since six Democrat senators voted against it. But more fundamentally, that bill wasn't even introduced until a year or more after that murderer got into the country. So on whose watch was the thingailure to vet?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: And it was entirely their strategy. Did not vet these people. The Democrats just wanted to open the border out. You can take your reasons why they want you know, low cost labor or do they want more voters. Clearly what we're seeing now in Virginia where they're trying to force them to leave illegals on the voter roles in Virginia that it's got to be part of their strategy. Department of Justice suit them. I don't understand illegal for someone to vote in election if they're not a citizen. Yet our Department of Justice is going after the state for trying to do just that, get non citizens who have falsified their citizenship status right off the ballot or off the vote rather well. And so the whole strategy seems to be falling apart for him. So you got, like you say, Barack Obama, mister Hussein himself goes to an audience of young black men and basically chastise them for not supporting, you know, a black woman, and it's like that's her number one qualification. Now, I agree, she was a DEI hire, she was a black female, which was the definition of what Biden wanted for a VP. But to then chastise people and say, listen, you need to vote for her because your skin looks like her skin, and it just that's an enormously horrible reason to vote for someone, and I think it came off really bad. It's arrogant, and basically they're now looking a gett him and said, you did nothing to help us. Why would we support someone who's following your policies? And then just what two days later, you got Bill Clinton standing in front of an audience trying to get you know, the the non urban vote because you wouldn't put Brock there, and Bill Clinton in front of the black audience. So he come, he said, wasn't Bill Clinton the first black president? Remember those days? I've been trying to forget Bill Clinton for years. He was sort of my introduction to how I watched debate. So I was I was working for General Electric at the time out in the deserts of Palmdale, and it was the debates with Clinton, Bush and Ross Pureau. Oh yeah, And I remember watching television and I had to turn the sound off because I could tell immediately by the tone of his voice Bill Clinton was lying to every question. So then I turned the sound off and I just watched, and his mannerisms, you could tell he was making everything up on the fly. None of it was true. And now when I can't watch debates now for that very reason. You could just tell, like Kamala without the bluetooth earings, I don't think she could come up with an answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just craziness that was.
Speaker 1: Revealed in that when when she was talking to someone, I got a live what was it.
Speaker 2: It's a live interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking to the person who's talking to her in her ear through the earbud. It was rather revealing in and of itself.
Speaker 3: So, but now you had Bill Clinton basically reinforcing Trump's border policy by saying, you got to vet the these people. You can't let twenty million people across the border. And then you've got jd. Vance, who that guy is unbelievable. His ability to come with a comeback quick immediately.
Speaker 1: Yes, he has a very very very sharp mind when it comes to responding to questions on the fly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you shouldn't be worried about Venezuelan gangs. It only took over a few hotel complexes. You hear yourself, You hear what you just asked me. It's like, what one of the worst criminal gangs in Venezuela has taken over real estate in the United States of America, threatening the lives of the people who live there, nothing to see her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've been to Aurora.
Speaker 3: I would never have guessed that that was a place that had on a major population. But then again, we would expect Springfield to have a major immigrant population either. The whole what's going on now with the election just seems to be such confusion. You've got CBS rearranging words to try and make her look better. You've got her surrogate's coming out and supporting Trump essentially with what they're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is just so upside down right now.
Speaker 1: I don't see and Biden too, by the way, is also not helping Kamala Harrison.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this is great. I've been talking to you, great stuff.
Speaker 1: I think that we know where that comes from. Me and and Jill are just frankly pissed off of what happened to him, So they're not willing to really go real all in for for Kamala Harris. So I at least understand that, you know, perhaps chip on the shoulder thing, but you know that this is Baraco whis would be Barack Obama's what third fourth term, right, and here he is out there making these obnoxious statements to black men because of course they're losing black male votes. And I think, you know, honestly, George, part of that, I think is this woke agenda regarding the LGBTQ thing and this whole idea of men being able to play against women in sports. The black men, at least the ones I've met throughout my life, is you know, more traditional male type of traditional male figures in other words, you know, some machismo and tough and strong, and you know, I can handle it. I can defend myself and you know, I'm looking out for my women or whatever. But not I don't know that many that are out marching in the street ands LGBTQ plus parades. It's interesting. I mean, that community seems to be.
Speaker 3: Fairly religious, they value their family, but yet somehow the Democrats got this stronghold on them. And I was just listening on the way into reports that you know, Trump's making enormous inrows in that community.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and I think it's it's the policies. And of course four years wasn't that long ago, George, and everybody remembers, you know what it was like, and now we know what it is like post COVID, and under the Biden Harris administration, things just are not going really well, most notably for folks you know, who aren't the elite, college educated or making all kinds of money. Yeah, it's a real diconomy to see that it's this close of a race. When you know, gasoline's fifty percent higher, eggs or thirty percent higher.
Speaker 3: You can't afford to go to the grocery store anymore, right, it certainly you can't afford to shop at the edges, you know, the fresh stuff right the boxes in the middle with the sugar and the carbs and all that fun stuff which we were talking about. Yeah, our diet, but that stuff's cheaper, but none of it has gone down in price, and it seems to be going up. There's some mickey mouse going on with gas prices now, I mean they were down below three bucks, then they jump right back up to three forty.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: It's just nonsense. How do you vote for four more years of that? Well, the answer it's baked into the equation because she's not Trump, right, there's that much anger and resentment or brainwashing, if I may be so bold, of the general population who largely does not pay attention to the minutia. But you know, they made such a demon out of this man that you can't even say his name out loud in certain circles without getting into a fistfight almost. And it's normally people you would say are intelligent. They normally I cannotstand him. So what we've been doing with Restore Liberty dot Us. A couple of the tricks we're doing is we created our own slate cards. The slate cards don't use the word Republican anywhere, but obviously everybody on the list as a Republican. But then on the backside of it, we've put messages, handwritten messages. I joked that we encrypted it so that the gen Z can't read it.
Speaker 2: But hilarious.
Speaker 3: So the three messages we chose were taxes. They're coming after your four to one k's, they're coming after your savings. You know, they're going to be taxing taxes. I mean, it's just crazy what they're trying to do. The second message is inflation. You can't go to the grocery store and not remember that, hey, hey, you know, prior to COVID, this stuff was a lot cheaper a lot. And then the third message is public safety, which here in Hamilton County is an enormous deal. With Melissa Powers and Jim Neil, they lose. I mean we're Detroit, where Chicago. We're gonna bring the flag exactly. So, I mean what we're trying to do is nowhere. I mean Trump's name on it, but that's about it. There's no mention to Trump. And when we talk to people now, my normal comeback is you're not voting for Trump, you're voting to give Jdvans four years of training because that boy is I say, boy, he's young, he is intelligent, he's quick, he connects and if you've watched his background on you read reading the book or watching the movie.
Speaker 2: The guy came from nothing. Yeah, literally nothing.
Speaker 3: It's it's an American dreams story that we have to keep alive. And I think he knows how, he understands it, he knows how to get the people. So you're not voting for Trump, you're voting for JD. And that boy is gonna pick up after four years and run.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you're also voting presumably for a very very good cabinet. I think Trump's cabinet makeup is going to be outstanding. We can talk a little bit about that. Let's take a break right now. Restore Liberty dot Us is where you find Georgia and the crew. It's a good place to stop off. Put it on your Bookmart list. We'll be right back after I mentioned plum Type Plumbing my favorite plumbers. They do plumbing right. It is plumbing done right, and they live by that motto A plus the better business viar.
Speaker 2: I always like to point that out.
Speaker 1: Twenty four hour day is seven day week emergency service, so easy to schedule an appointment with plumb Type. I go into the website where you can learn all about all the different services they offer, and it is a wide range of services, but easy to schedule appointment. I had what I It wasn't an emergency, but when you walk out in your front yard and your backflow valve is spewing water all over the place, you got a bit of a plumbing problem on your hands. So I just made the appointment, just shut the water off to the irrigation system, made the appointment online. They called me back five minutes later. They wanted to know if it was an emergency, so over to my place. The next couple of days they fixed it in no time. Price was absolutely right and as always, the very exceptional customer service impressed me. Just very friendly to you and they're good about communicating, letting you know when they're going to be there. So for all plumbing issues for residents from northern Kentucky all the way up to Daton, everywhere in between. Kind of my friends at plumb Tight Plumbing done right online, plumb Tight t te plumptight dot com. Five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three five one three seven two seven tight.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: If you missed our twenty twenty four, if you've our KRCD talk station and restore libity dot us, or you find George Brenman and crew, Georgie and Citio.
Speaker 1: We're talking politics and uh we got a couple of minutes to talk about potential cabinet and some of the names I've heard would be outstanding in a Trump cabinet. And you know, the cabinet is really really largely responsible. It's great to have a president and you think he's making the decisions. We know from the Biden administration that is not the case. Somebody else's you know, working the puppet strings and telling the puppet what to do. So obviously Kamala Harris has her earbud is being fed information and telling her what to say. She reads the matteleprompter written down words by somebody else for her to read out loud. So maybe it's a figurehead position. Maybe we're just that point of recognition, but responsible for port foreign policy the president is. But also who the president appoints for the cabinet and some of the names and then swirl around like, for example, I think Vivi Gramma Swimming is brilliant and wouldn't he be great in a cabinet position as well? Elon Musk not I don't enough Musk is willing to put his you know, money making ventures aside and actually beyond the cabinet. I sounded like he was maybe in favor of it, but what a brilliant guy he is, and wouldn't that be a benefit to say?
Speaker 3: Okay, I think the prospect of having Rfk Junior looking at the health industry, Viveke looking at shutting down whole sections of the government. I would take Viveke and put him in charge of the DOE Department of Education, and your job is to shut it down. And when you're done with that, we're gonna put you over on AHHS. And your job is to shut down a large portion of that. I think that's his passion. I mean, there's been a lot of talk about as if a Bak going to go for Senate it as you know, for governor. But if you hear him talk, his passion is shutting down the administrative state. And I would love to see him get like a year of experience doing that in DC and then.
Speaker 2: Come and be our governor.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a selfish reason, but boy, wouldn't that be something.
Speaker 2: It sure would.
Speaker 3: But then you talk about Elon Musk. Here's a guy that got upsets because freedom of speech was being stamped down in the country and bought Twitter, proceeded to fire eighty percent of them. It's now bigger and better than ever with only twenty percent of the employees. And when after you know, this first assassination attempt on Trump, he looked at that and said, Okay, this is out of control. I'm going to back Trump. And it's been just like a rollercoaster for the sky after that. Did you see his appearance at Butler. When he was on stage, just jumping up and down. You can tell the guy's never been in front of a political crowd before, and he just speaks off the cuff. No teleprompter. I don't think he could use one anyway. But he's the Da Vinci of our times. This guy is brilliant. And let me get a little bit nerdy with you. So I've been a controls engineer forever. If you look at a rocket, know what in their right mind would land it?
Speaker 2: Steading, standing up?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you think about it, if you're gonna hold a broom, you hold it by the top and let it hang down, which is what a parachute does. You don't balance it upside down on your finger and land it that way. He's like, well, wait a minute, it's more efficient than we can move it around afterwards. It's easy to move better. Yet we're gonna land it right back where it started so that we could refuel it and an hour later take off again. He just looked at that problem and said, I can solve that problem. I'm gonna do it this way. If I can get this rocket to be reusable ten times a week, the price goes down by a factor of ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he just does it.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine how much waste he would find in Washington, DC?
Speaker 1: Exclamation point on the topic by George Browneman. We're gonna pausibly be back with more conversation. It's six twenty five right now, I fifty five k see de talk station. I went from plumbing earlier. Now I get to go to electric because Cullen Electric are great electricians. I've done multiple projects at my house. Cullen c U l E and Colin Electriccincinnati dot com where you find the website and all the information about the teams that around locally owned and operated. Andrew Cullen has assembled a fantastic group of licensed electricians since nineteen ninety nine and a plus with a better business bureau because they do great work and they do it at a great price. Little projects, big projects. The whole nine yards are well covered with color and electric and ten year wiring warranty on everything. It's like, you know, full warranty on what they do for you. You have no worry something happens and it didn't. Not even going to say that, because it's never gonna happen. They're gonna be electric project right. They'll fix it right, and you'll never have to rely on the ten year war, although you get one anyway call on Electric Cincinnati dot com fight. I'm online right there, Tom Brian said, how can you give them a call for your appointment? Five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one.
Speaker 2: Two fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Here's your nine first money weatherwork cass sunny day to day high on fifty four overnight down to thirty five to say some more frost, clear sky sunny tomorrow at a highest sixty two clear overnight more frost thirty seven for the well and finally for Friday.
Speaker 1: Highest sixty eight Sunday skies thirty seven.
Speaker 5: Right now, traffic fis from the UCT Tramfiics Center Mammagram saved vice called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with UC house X thirteen. That's five one three, five eight four pink. Cruis are working with an accident in found Columbia.
Speaker 2: Parkway at Kemper.
Speaker 5: Traffic elsewhere doing fine, no delays or problems as have you got southbound seventy one that's running just about fifteen minutes between Blue Ash and downtown Chucking, Vermon, fifty five k r S the talk.
Speaker 2: Station six thirty at fifty five krc E Talks Station.
Speaker 1: The story Liberty dot Us George Brenneman in studio talking politics, and I wanted to gravitate over. I was listening to at least snippets of Donald Trump speaking in front of that Economic Forum the other day and specifically gravitating towards tariffs. Now they on the Economic Forum, at least the people moderating it and others. Tariffs are terrible. They're terrible. They're terrible. It's tit for tat. You put a tariff on some product from some country, They're just gonna terriff for whatever you try to sell them. So it's gonna be bad for American businesses. Forty million American jobs depend upon exports, and they're all gonna dry. If that was the argument, I understand this arguments. Donald Trump's like, Nope, I believe in tariff's. I think tariffs is the beautiful word in the English language. The word tariff needs a marketing firm. He's there, you go, but I and he then gravitated toward automobile manufacturing in Mexico. And he said, you know, the Detroit, Detroit's dead, and they keep talking about Detroit, you know, growing again and rebuilding itself. He said, it's never going to happen. The auto industry, you know, abandoned Detroit and moved its plants down to Mexico. And he said, I'll tell you what, if something's made in Mexico and they try to ship it up here, I'll tax it at one hundred two three hundred percent. I think even said two thousand percent.
Speaker 2: Whatever. He was just in a role right, Well, and you got to take his you know, oh blov eating.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, And but but.
Speaker 2: He's got a point.
Speaker 3: So how much of what's going on in Mexico right now is just China is using it as a staging area so they don't ship fentanyl to Mexico. They ship all of the precursors they make the fentanyl, ship it to the United States. Well, they figured, okay, it works for the drug trade, Let's do it with automobiles. Let's build these enormous plants in Mexico so that we can get around the fact that there's a terrif on Chinese plants, but they're still Chinese plants, but they're in Mexico.
Speaker 2: The profit still goes to.
Speaker 3: The Chinese Communist perhaps absolutely, and they still get the cheap labor down in Mexico. Ah See, there in lies the challenge because I see that, you know, I saw on the Wall Street Journal Ram Stilantis is planning on expanding its factory complex in northern Mexico to build Ram fifteen hundred pickups. And does that make any sense? They don't sell any of those in Mexico or no, they come back here. Yep, every one of them.
Speaker 1: So this is a slap in the face to the Detroit autoworker who just came off a wildly successful contract negotiation getting them a whole kinds of big salary increases. Is this Stilantis working around the agreement they just gave into the United Auto Workers? Listen, hell with you United Auto Workers. Just make them in Mexico where there is no EPA and there are no OSHA regulations and labor happens to be a fraction of what it is here. We'll still get our internal combustion engine RAM trucks. Donald Trump, I think said yesterday during that Economic Forum he taxed these or tariff these as well.
Speaker 3: Right, And the problem is that the equations that govern cost and price are kind of out of control. On one side, if you go to China or Mexico and you get expense low expense on your you know people there, right, slave labor, slave slave labor. Whereas here we've got the exact opposite problem. You got longshorreman that won a seventy seven percent increase in their money. It's like, this is nuts. That's why business is offshore in the first place. I just find it incredibly interesting. The most American made cars in the United States now are Honda and Toyota. I mean, if you just go right up the road, that's where my Honda was made. Over in Greensburg. They got a couple of Toyota, same way. But they're non union plants where the workers have input into the product. Whereas if you go to Detroit or some of the other union shops, you can't change a bolt or the head on a screw without getting the union's approval. Well, why would you do that. So we've got these competing things. But I think the key point is with terrafts for starters, we used to not have an income tax. All we had were tariffs. That's how the United States was funded. And now we're in the state where the thought of you know, adding costs to goods that come from China is you know, somehow anti free market. It's like, wait, wait, wait a minute, you can't use free market in Chinese to say we're not on the same playing field. No, but we have to get to where competition matters, and so price comes down because a competition.
Speaker 2: Quality goes up because of competition.
Speaker 1: And you can't be competitive when you are dealing with countries that don't care about the environment, get their electricity a lot cheaper, or they don't have to deal with the Oshan regulations, plaintiffs litigation. I mean, we could go on and on and on, but why would the company go offshore to do this if they're real American companies. But the concept of a true American in favor of America, pro American company, I think that's gone way of the DODO for most multinationals anyway, because they don't really care. They're interested in a buck and it doesn't matter where the buck is made, and it doesn't matter what the politics of any given country are as long as they're able to make the buck, they're not American interested countries anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, So, I mean, you've got this conflict going on between you know, the the unions and the EPA. Between those two, it's so infinitely more expensive to do it here. You can't get labor that's adaptable and you know, intelligent, and that can't get the EPA stuff passed.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you mentioned that in this context because part of the point Trump was making is all those jobs will come here, and they were saying, no, no, you're what you're gonna have, this is tit for tat. They're going to raise the price of American imported goods into their countries and that will reduce the amount of goods flowing in, reduce the amount of jobs here. And it's like, no, they'll just start making them here exactly. But can that really be successfully accomplished in the face of what we're talking about here, which is this outrageous cause of to doing business because of the EPA and right socia, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Here in Ohio, we're all thrilled about Intel coming in town to build a semiconductor plant. You know why, there's no semiconductor plants in the United States because you can't get the chemicals into them to make the semiconductors because of EPA rules.
Speaker 2: The main component is arsenic. It's a poison.
Speaker 3: But in the United States you have to have all these regulations on how you handle this that it's just too ridiculously expensive to build a semiconductor plant unless suddenly you have the government funding it. So you got the government giving you one money on one end and the costs skyrocketing because of the EPA on the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they don't negate the EPA rules or give a free pass.
Speaker 2: No, you will.
Speaker 1: You'll get the subsidies from government to build this plant because we aren't competitive and able to build or compete with Chinese building these plants. We'll give you a work around for the EPA rules. They don't say that. They just say, here's the money. The grant money, build the factory. Will help you out, and then you'll have to deal with all the regulatory challenges and environmental lawsuits that you have to in court. So the key is from a policy perspective, we're currently talking about tear of but the other side of that is also going to strip away all the regulations. I think between the two you can bring back manufacturing. The other thing that people don't really understand is the goods we do sell overseas. That proportion of the total is fairly small. It is our market is our market. The United States is still the biggest market on the planet. Number two is China.
Speaker 3: They're not going to buy our stuff because they just what they do is they bring it in reverse engineer it and build it down the road. So China is not a market really for us. The only way we can succeed is the way of Apple, the way of Twitter, the way of Musk. We have to innovate so far in front of people that you can't get it anywhere else. If Apple would bring their manufacturing back home, you think Europe's not going to buy Apple phones.
Speaker 2: They have to. They're the state of the art.
Speaker 1: That you're right, But then we're going back to the original challenge that you mentioned earlier is all the components in the end Apple device carry pollutants and toxins that need to be sourced from someplace, and the sourcing materials are probably located in China somewhere well. Because we're not allowed to build a mine here. You know, we got too many environmental challenges standing in the way of us tapping into our own resources.
Speaker 3: Well, we left Afghanistan, China moved right in. Why because up in those mountains is a ton of lithium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well let them have a go out of the Soviets failed, We failed, and we'll let the Chinese get involved in a quagmire. Eight six thirty eight will continue with George Brennaman. Oh, the world is a complicated place. George, I'm not sure we're going to solve anything this morning cover. Since he let John and the team of covers, since he solve your medical insurance issues its open rollment, you're looking forward to those Affordable Care Act Obamacare plans, We'll don't. Health insurance has complicated. Everybody's situation is different. There are multiple options to choose from, so when planning health insurance for you and your family, you need to consult an expert, and that John Roman and the team had Covers since he they've been helping folks get the right coverage at the best rate for years. Their plans are available all year round, not just during open enrollment that your business has going on right now, and all outpatient services have a zero dollar deductible.
Speaker 2: You heard that right.
Speaker 1: You choose your doctors in hospitals and it's thirty to sixty percent lower cost than Obamacare. No, you don't believe me, it's true. Let them figure it out for you. If you pay for your own health insurance, you're uninsured, or your employer coverage is too expensive. You give John on the team a call. Experts with more than twenty years experience five one three eight hundred two two five five. That's five one three eight hundred call. You can start the process and there's no obligation to find out if there's a better path for you. Just let them look to find out where you are and what they can do for you. Fill the form out online. Go to cover sinsi dot com. Fifty five car the talk station in the criminal justice system. Prosecutors bring the charges and judges make sure justice is done. Prosecutors have to be tough, Judges have to be fair. City talk stations, Bright Timas here, George Breneman your storelibited dot us. Check it out online and bookmark the page while you're there. Good stuff going on over there, George, moving over, I am a We were talking about the auto industry generally speaking, and then we can move over to ev production, which, of course our administration is really pushing hard subsidies galore mandates on, you know, emission standards, which are going to force people into electric vehicles whether they want them or not. Saw this article. Germans not happy with their electric vehicles. It's a small sliver of the automobiles, but that's the direction. Germany's going full board. They want to be completely internal combustion engine free by was it twenty thirty five.
Speaker 2: Or something, Yeah, same as California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people aren't happy with them, and those who bought previously electric vehicles are going back to internal combustion engines, you know. And the elephant in the room for me on this whole thing is how blank and dangerous they are in terms of starting fires. And you can't put them out. I mean, if you submerge them in salt water, they'll blow up. They have a tendency to ignite spontaneously combust It's like a drummer for spinal tap.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The issue is the battery.
Speaker 3: So if you remember back the Samsung problem with their one of their phones, their note, the problem was that battery technology and just give you a little background. My my last five years have been spent on EV modeling, and I know in that industry with somebody who knows something. So the problem you have is that in order to make the battery smaller, they put the layers closer and closer together. And that particular battery for Samsung was made in China, and they didn't keep the tolerances. So as soon as two layers touch, game's over. It overheats, and once the lithium, you know, the lithium components catch fire, you can't do anything about it. I was working on a project to put hybrids inside of cherry pickers, and this is ten years ago, twenty years ago. So we had one of the early lithium ion batteries and I'm up in the cafeteria and I look out in the parking lot and the cherry pickers on fire.
Speaker 2: The lithium battery.
Speaker 3: It caught, and the fire Department's just surrounding it, watching it because there's nothing you can do once it catches. So from that perspective, you're crackt the lithium battery technology, which is pretty much the only one you can use right.
Speaker 2: Now because of cost and density and stuff.
Speaker 3: But it has this issue when you try and make it too small, it's going to catch fire. Now that the vehicle itself, an electric vehicle is by far the most efficient thing out there. It has less moving parts, it's easier to control. You can get you can get electric cars to do all kinds of crazy stuff. You've seen the ones now, the crawl they park by just literally going to side, anything about that. And I'm a performance guy, like zero to sixty times in handling, they win hands down.
Speaker 2: Have you ever driven a Tesla in ludicrous mode?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, rip your face off.
Speaker 3: So the last I had a contract with, they brought in every EV out there and I'll bunch of the hybrid.
Speaker 2: So I drove the Porsche version.
Speaker 3: I've driven Mercedes, and so the guy told me, no, I'll take this Tesla. We're gonna put it in ludicrous mode. It's literally called ludacris, he says. But when you do it, when you accelerate, hold onto the steering wheel.
Speaker 2: And it took me. It took me a while to get used to the vehicle in the first place.
Speaker 3: So then I did. I was on a straightaway entrance ramp to a highway and I floored it. Holy cow, that thing will put you back in your seat. So electric through the charge pretty damn quickly too, exactly, especially when it's thirty two degrees outside.
Speaker 2: Now, see another downside risk.
Speaker 3: And so here's the basic problem with evs that nobody wants to talk about in the United States and most of the world. The way you get your electricity is by burning something.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: So let's think of an internal combustion engine. Literally, you burn something, it pushes a piston and moves the wheels. Two steps burn push, that's it. So it's extremely efficient. Now saying that when you fill your car with ten gallons of gas, four of it goes to pushing the vehicle, the other six goes to heating the air around the car. That's the best you can do. But now we're going to say, okay, we're going to make electric vehicle. So that four to six ratio holds true even when you generate electricity. So if you think of the generating electricity, you burn something, you don't use it to push, you use it to create steam, and the steam pushes. Then you got to convert the pushing of the engine or turbine into electricity, which has its inefficiencies, and then you got to send it one hundred miles to where the house is to charge the vehicle. There is no way that's more efficient than burning it inside of a piston. So you for every gallon of gas that you use virtually with an E you only need half that for an internal combustion engine. So all this bologne about less pollution is just less pollution at the vehicle. It's twice as much down on the electrical generation plant.
Speaker 2: They are not green vehicles.
Speaker 1: They want you to believe, though, that the generation point is a windmill, and we all know that's not the case with what eighty plus percent of the energy generated in the United States coming from natural gas.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: What do you do when there's no wind in no sign a nuclear plant?
Speaker 1: Yes, says Brian Thomas six forty seven fifty gout Kcity Talk station. Hey we might get them now that Google and Microsoft and all the big players in the AI market are buying their own and building their own, all the lobbyists saving the way for us to actually get efficient electricity generation foreign exchange. Speaking of internal combustion engines, I don't know, I don't know anything about Foreign Exchange. Whether they touch evs, don't care. I know they handle internal combustion engines. That's all we own, That's what the vast majority of people own, and that's where you go to get your car fixed. Buy an ASC certified Master technician when you will leave with a full warranty on parts and service, and you don't pay as much as the deal or have been harping on this for a long time, but I'm a real life illustration of huge savings. Foreign Exchange saves me money and big money every single time. For me, my under warranty oil changes a couple of hundred bucks every single time. But they've also keep the Honda alive for all these years, and I'm surprised that thing's still running. But hey, got the folks at Foreign Exchange standing behind the work. So all the Thomas vehicles been serviced. There are the Westchester locations where we go Tylersville Eggs at Office seventy five. Just head east two streets, hanging right on Kinglind Drive and you are there. Learn more online. They do have data access to your manufacturers technical information, so whether your cars from a traditional Asian or European manufacturer, save money and be happy because they'll treat you great. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online foreign x dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Gary salty, sunny sky fifty four over nine thirty five with some frost, clear skys Sunday Tomorrow sixty two overnight clear thirty seven frost, and Friday is going to be clear as well, sunny and sixty eight thirty six.
Speaker 5: Right now, it's time for traffic from the UCLP Tramphic Center Mammogram Saved Vibes called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with uc helpex per team.
Speaker 2: That's five one three five eight four pink.
Speaker 5: Highway traffic continues to look pretty good this morning, just beginning to get a bit heavier northbound seventy five between Dixie and Downtown. Inbound seventy four. No delay at Montana southbound seventy one doing fine. Pass Fifer schun King Brown fifty five KR.
Speaker 2: See the talk station six fifty two fifty five KR City Talk Station.
Speaker 1: George Bendaman in studio, grabbing it up restored Liberty dot us.
Speaker 2: You brought it up, so I'm gonna bring it up.
Speaker 1: I know it's not an uplifting topic to discuss, but you're not the only one who's concerned. I am concerned. I read about many people. You know, the great thinkers of the world are expressing concern. You know, we've had four plus years I'm even in the Trump administration with a couple of million illegal immigrants coming in. You got twenty million under the current administration, roughly a lot of them unvetted. A couple of million of them never hit any interaction with authorities. Ergo Bill Clinton, no vetting, right, and we have these occasional you know, terrorist acts. You got crazy people with guns or explosives or whatever. I haven't run into a single human being who isn't worried about you know, the day after the election, not so much worried about the election, but oh my god, if evil Orange Man gets elected. There's a lot of crazy leftist nut jobs out there, and of course the left believes they're all crazy right wing nut jobs. But then again, there's a whole bunch of variable nut jobs potentially within the illegal immigrant mix. They are an unknown variable and we just had one who was busted planning on launching an election day terrorist attack. What's your reaction to all that, George.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things that are coming together that are so focused on this election. So let's go back four years to see what the future looks like. Right, So, four years ago, they knew that Biden was going to be having trouble to win that election. So the whole summer we had nothing but riots, Black Lives Matter, you know, the sit ins, occupy, all this craziness that basically fed the thing that when COVID hit, they were able to even really up the tension, and they wanted this pot stirring. And of course the media blames out on Trump this year. They've tried to kill him at least twice, maybe three times, purely an act of God that Trump's not dead right now, but yet they continue to call him a threat to democracy, He's Hitler, He's Nazi. You know, the deplorables are going to be the most evil people on the planet. All of this talk about how bad things will be if Trump wins, how do you go from that to he actually wins and peace is what happens afterwards. So the unrest seems to be just building up, like you know, the old pressure cooker, and if somebody takes the lid off of that sucker, it's just gonna explode.
Speaker 1: So Trump gets elected and then the chaos hits the street. It's all the BLM and anti fought occupy folks come out of the woodwork, the pink cat wearing ladies come out of the woodwork, and then they just what step back and say, well, we see, we told you so.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 3: So I think if Trump wins, we're going to see trouble the day afterwards. I think you're gonna see the nut jobs. You're gonna see the false flag events again like January sixth, where actually our own people in the government are creating this problem pretending to be somebody they aren't. But I think if she wins, our sides probably more likely to sit there and stew until she does something really stupid, like she starts reparations, which is what she talked about yesterday, or she starts taxing your iras. I think if she we've got maybe one the three months of calm, and then things get crazy because she starts doing what she you know, has said in the past she wants to do. So how do we get through this peacefully? Is the question. We've been having a lot of discussion as part of the Restore Liberty team of Okay, how do we become a resource for people on what you should be doing. You know, one idea is we're going to show people how to get food locally.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea.
Speaker 3: How do you get your supplies and what you need locally so that you don't rely on you know, interstate or even international. But you know, how do we get through it peacefully? That's the That's the question, and the bigger question is can we Well you'd.
Speaker 1: Think that we all would want to get through it peacefully. We've suffered through administrations. Both sides have suffered through administrations that they didn't agree with, didn't believe in. You know, Ronald Reagan was going to cause World War three And you know this feels like nineteen eighty Well it in many respects does, most notably the makeup of the electric and the electorate and this idea that blue collar workers are gravitating largely toward Trump, and that's exactly what happened in nineteen eighty. George Browneman Restore Liberty dot Us. I really would love to have you and talk for another hour, but I got the big picture with Jack Atherton, who's waiting in the wings. Will be on after the top of the our news. We're gonna here from Alex Triantafilo, who says no on issue one. He'll explain why, so I hope everyone can stick around. I'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 2: Every day, the most important day is election day. You're going to hear every single bit of information
Speaker 5: When you we like to listen as the Electric fifty five krs this week