Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, here we go, come out, come out.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 3: Run running.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sir, wakey, wakey, hands off, Snaky Rob Ryan show checking in wild Card Wednesday will be our Instagram feature Today. We got the bread Man going for win number three, fresh out of bad Head to challenge.
Speaker 2: We'll play it around six twenty this morning. Chili put Busfest tickets in there, so if you.
Speaker 1: Just come in you've never played before, you come in, you beat the bread Man, You're going to Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: It's that simple.
Speaker 1: ACL announced their lineup yesterday and Chili put ACL three day weekend passes in homeroom because I think he.
Speaker 2: Loves you guys the most as well.
Speaker 1: Because you get up early with us. Those are going to be on the fun fact Flashback Risk It for the Biscuits is back. Your chance to win up to one thousand dollars At seven twenty this morning. Poor girl won nothing yesterday, looking at you, Alex Middleton, three eleven bat Flower tickets At eight twenty this morning, they're.
Speaker 2: Playing Friday night. We'll get you to that show at the seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Alternative income comes your way in around nine ten this morning, and then we'll leave you with some shine.
Speaker 2: Doown tickets.
Speaker 1: Now, what's the rain situation, No, nothing like it was yesterday. We got a thirty percent chance. So a few showers today, partly cloudy skies, highs of around eighty five. And it's a big day for the pope gender reveal today, right, Good morning, Moe.
Speaker 2: What are Houston's headline?
Speaker 4: Hello, good morning. A happy conclave, that's.
Speaker 2: What it is. It's not a gender reveal.
Speaker 4: I actually looked it up. Did you know that conclave is a Latin term for lock to room.
Speaker 2: I know. Now you're welcome, very good, thank you.
Speaker 4: Simply the meeting of the cardinals. They're elefting a new pope. We have one hundred and thirty three guys set. They've already started. They're praying about this super secretive process. But hundreds of thousands of spectators are in Rome. I just standing there waiting for smoke to come out of the chimney.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's a huge deal. Everybody's just kind of hanging out in the square over there.
Speaker 4: White smoke means we get a pope. Black smoke means we have to vote again, so place your bets now. Once is bad, but twice in over a week is a real problem. Another fighter jet fell off an aircraft carrier into the ocean yesterday.
Speaker 1: Which leads me to believe does this happen all the time and we're just finding out about it, or is this really too isolated incidents?
Speaker 4: It's very rare. Wow, sixty million dollars is how much that fighter jet costs. And from what I read about this instance, they were trying to land and the wire this was to catch it didn't. Luckily no one was hurt. But I know they've got these sailors out there going through it in Yemen rebel attacks, and so it's just like a messy situation and now they have to deal with all this. Sorry, guys and girls. All right, the pole question today, if you're on X, how often do you talk with your mothers?
Speaker 5: Are?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now I did put on there for those that are lucky enough to still have her around.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: So I mean, if your mom's not here, this is going to infuriate you that people aren't calling your moms as much as you think. Forty two percent of our audience once or twice a month twenty seven percent of our audience several times a week, twenty two percent once a week, seven and a half percent every.
Speaker 2: Single day only seven yeah, seven percent of our people say.
Speaker 4: That, what kind of guy are you?
Speaker 7: Rock?
Speaker 1: I'm we're a once a week guy here once a week, sometimes twice a week.
Speaker 4: Well, if nothing else, you should call her this weekend because it's mother's sake. Remind her, Oh, reminder, got the flowers. You got the flowers. That's like the number one gift.
Speaker 2: It's easy. Yeah, I got the flowers ordered, good job.
Speaker 4: The number one thing mom once on the list of Mother's Day gifts is to sleep in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Alex, you talked about that and I said, good luck after good luck giving your wife or mom a coupon?
Speaker 2: Here, go ahead, take a nap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when the kids have like your hands underneath the door, like you can't sleep in, And it was conditions like that, Happy Mother's Day. Have you all been to a movie theater recently? No, it's been a minute.
Speaker 1: It's been while I went to go see Top Gun. Ma'm did you that got me in? After the pandemic?
Speaker 4: Okay, so there's a trend right now of collectible popcorn buckets for thirty dollars. You get this commemorative thing that you can eat popcorn out of while you're in the theater, and then you keep it on your shelf forever.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: The new Mission Impossible Final Reckoning movie comes out at the end of the month, and they just teased the popcorn buckets that are themed for this movie. And you need two keys to open up the popcorn bucket even ye to your snack.
Speaker 2: What was the real dirty one Dune? It looked like a flashlight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, stop it. Yeah, they sold out in the second O kidding. A new collab coming out on Friday. I'm talking Halsey and Amy Lee of Evanescence.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's good. I'm here for that.
Speaker 4: Halsey is freaking out. She said she has been fangirling over Evanessent since she was a kid. And the ladies announced yesterday they've got this new single out Friday called Hands That Feed and it's for that John Wick spinoff movie called Ballerina that's coming out. I'm here for that's for them and working with your icon like that's be great for her. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 7: Take it.
Speaker 8: Alex d astros Fellow the Brewers last night, four to three. The four runs in the first inning, we're unable to come back from that. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Brewers this afternoon. Framber Valdez is gonna be on the Mountain for the Shrows, going up against Milwaukee's Quinn Priester. First pitches at twelve ten and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the NBA playoffs last night, the Pagers got by the Caves one twenty to one nineteen, and the Warriors beat the Timberwolves ninety nine to eighty eight. In the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Hurricanes top the Capitals in overtime, and the Oilers beat the Golden Knights. And in soccer, Houston Dino FC is gonna be on the road tonight. They're gonna play the Phoenix Rising in the US Open Cup Round of sixteen. That kicks off at seven thirty. You can watch it on CBS Sports Network or Paramount Plus. That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Here we go, there we go, four hours of paying starts right now. Question on the X at Rod Ryan's show, Links and guests, world famous rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot Com. Chili's putting up all that stuff. Right now, we're gonna get you on the phone. We're gonna play some games today. Alex has another great sports giveaway. He's gonna sneak in there and right now I'm looking for the first phone call.
Speaker 2: All right, you want to come get it?
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: The most interactive show on the radio starts right.
Speaker 1: Now ninety four to five The Buzz, Bad Wolves Zombie. That's Chili's boyfriend. I don't know if you know that or not, the lead singer. I just sent you a pick.
Speaker 2: Chili would love to bottom for him. Yeah, she would love the bottom for Tommy Bext.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, rod Ryan's show on this wild card Wednesday. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Not quite as wet and rainy as it was yesterday. We do a few showers on tap. About a thirty percent chance we'll be hovering somewhere in the mid eighties today.
Speaker 2: Uh okay. I already mentioned the bread Man is going to be on with us. He's going for win number three. And I told you you're playing for Buzzfest tickets. So it's a big big deal. Risk it for the biscuit.
Speaker 1: Is back a chance to win up to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: What was the gal's name yesterday? Do you remember Cheryl? Cheryl Alex? What does Cheryl do to you?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: She did? Nothing to me? This is not my fault. Why do you somebody can't hang on sh when to say stop?
Speaker 1: It exploded after my fall. It exploded after four hundred yesterday, after four hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said she had a number in her head. It was more than four an obvious she ended up getting nobody, no money for her. So risk it for the biscuit. How long are you going to hang in there?
Speaker 1: Who's going to play? We'll find out everything at around seven to twenty. We're announcing it eight twenty today, the winner of Bring On Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: I'm super excited about that.
Speaker 1: We're going to tell you who's going to be on the lineup for Buzzfest. It to be the last band that we had to the already stellar lineup. Saturday, May twenty fourth, one local band cut through all of them. It was thirty five choices that you guys all had. Thanks for all the boats eight twenty, we will announce who is going to be on the main stage.
Speaker 4: It's nip time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: It's like Janelle got through.
Speaker 1: Hey Janelle, Hi, good morning, Good morning to you.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm doing good. I'm on my way to work right now.
Speaker 2: What do you do, Janell?
Speaker 4: I am a nick you nurse in the med center. Thank you for everything you do.
Speaker 2: I just send you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the nick you obviously these the tiniest little babies on the planet are coming through. There is it? And I think I know the answer. Is it nurses Week this week?
Speaker 2: Janelle?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, it was Nurse's Day yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, nurses Day. I'm surprised I haven't been hit up by more so the number one. I don't know if this worked this way at your old radio station. The guys in the Marines, they will give you a countdown three four months out when the Marine birthday did.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: The Marines love their birthday more than anything any other date on the on the calendar.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Teacher Appreciation Week is going on, and I know that got a little love from us. We were talking about it and then I don't know how I snubbed it, but we're already on Wednesday and I'm finally getting around to talking about nurse week.
Speaker 2: No nurses have hit me up though, Janelle about like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why, that's why I called. She called. Yes, it's like, hey, you jag off.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard any mentions of nurse week teacher week, which is like, I feel like they should be able to each have their own weekly.
Speaker 2: That comes out of it is it is weird because those are two Those are two.
Speaker 1: Like jobs that are done out there that we really do appreciate.
Speaker 2: It's just National Green Eye Week.
Speaker 8: Need to like you could share with the nurses, right like that seems like that even important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys should definitely somebody should splinter off in like position for a new week so you don't get swept under the.
Speaker 2: Carpet, you know. I agree. Well, listen, Janelle, how long you've been doing this? I'm on your eight now, no kidding, unbelievable. We'll listen.
Speaker 4: I tell yeah, I'm having a good time now. In the beginning it was hard, but now I feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine. Thank you for the job that you do. Shout out to all the nurses and the teachers and everything. Listen, I get it Father's Day, Dad's and grads. We don't get our own holiday either, Janelle, thanks for chiming in and reminding us.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did.
Speaker 1: I had it written down and I sent it to everybody today. I'm like, hey, look for this nurse Appreciation Week as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know all the flipf got a rec check for you will find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of.
Speaker 6: Bed Ho's alternative and teme at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five the bus all.
Speaker 1: Right, welcome back to everybody. Rod Ryan Show six twenty one. A few showers expected, about a thirty percent chance. Hies up around eighty five today mode did you get a new camera?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 7: How did you?
Speaker 2: Did you get a new camera?
Speaker 4: They adjusted the angle very weird. It was like up my double chin and now it's down my cleavage.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm like what am I looking at?
Speaker 4: So they were going for you know views?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, boom, I'm moving mine all right?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or everyone's looking good?
Speaker 4: Are you jealous?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 2: Well, it just it backed off a little bit.
Speaker 4: I guess there's also a pretty light that I have in here. Okay, so if you're feeling pretty.
Speaker 2: So there's Chili, there's Alex, there's Mo, there's me.
Speaker 1: You can watch us on Facebook YouTube at Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: Are you checking out the live video component of the.
Speaker 7: Alex.
Speaker 2: What's trending? National Nurses Week? We had our first phone call talk about that.
Speaker 8: It is National Nurses Week, So shout outs all the nurses out there working hard for us.
Speaker 10: Good thank you.
Speaker 8: George Pickens is also trending. The Cowboys and Steelers are working on a trade that would send the Pittsburgh receiver to Dallas. I do not know what the compensation would be, but that's what they're talking about online right now. And then Grand Theft Auto six is trending. Rockstar Games released a trailer for GTA six yesterday and people seem pretty stoked about it.
Speaker 1: What was the one that you brought in that used that cool Tom Petty song?
Speaker 8: Grant thats out of six okay, so did they change that next year?
Speaker 2: Did they change the song that He's not in there? But it was in the first trailer.
Speaker 1: That first trailer was so good, But you told me like, oh yeah, Rod, it's a couple of years away a trailer.
Speaker 8: And they pushed it back. This year was supposed to about like around Christmas. That's coming out like I think next summer.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a trendy. And I was by the vice.
Speaker 1: Let's go good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: There is a scheme the Breadman, I am you fresh out of bed head ahead two day winner.
Speaker 11: Rod asked me questions about dice and founds at the Blago makes me want to book a trip to Vegas.
Speaker 7: Joined me on Wild.
Speaker 11: Card Wednesdays and make a win number three Bitch It.
Speaker 3: Blusbust.
Speaker 1: Tickets are on the chopping block to the Winner today Ringy Dinghy seven one ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. I mentioned that you can watch us in the studio. I mentioned you can watch us in the studio, and you know we've got cameras.
Speaker 2: They've been on us for a while now.
Speaker 1: You can watch us on Facebook Live, you can watch us on our YouTube channel at rod Ryan Show. Nothing that I said did anything. And then when Moe mentioned that she had moved her camera around a little bit and it was like at a different angle. We went from forty to eighty people on YouTube instantaneously. Well no, twenty seconds later we went from forty to eighty people.
Speaker 4: So yeah, good morning.
Speaker 2: Everyone's looking real good this morning. Everyone's looking good. We how are you feeling?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Good? Day three show?
Speaker 1: Thanks for showing up, Thank you for having me Rod not quite as rainy as yesterday. There will be a few pesky showers to deal with. So about a thirty percent chance today high of eighty five.
Speaker 6: Let's play a game, and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge to your corners, Steve the bread Many Martin.
Speaker 2: Everybody, he's up earlier than us usually. What are you doing here? You're going for one number three? Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Okay, you've not been in the Hall of Fame before. You've never strung together five wins.
Speaker 2: That's correct, I've locked on day three.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, this is where you peter out usually well hoping that you peter out? Is Wendy Wendy?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: M Chili tells me you've never played before? Correct, Oh, that's good, that's good. Have you been trying? Is this the first time you ever tried to play?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Tell me? What? What was different? About today.
Speaker 1: No, I call a lot, I saw a lot.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've been calling nine and I've been close this first time.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Chili, thanks for letting her through. Finally, Wendy fresh Fish never played. Look fish, all you got to do is shout out your knee when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 2: You've clear, you've hurt in the game.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what you're doing. Okay, you're shouting out your name when you think you know the answer. I have Buzzfest tickets to the winner today, So I need you to say your name before bread Man, wait for me to call on you, and then give me the correct answer.
Speaker 2: It's easy, It really is easy.
Speaker 1: It's just I think when you get on, like Wendy, let me guess you win every game that you play in the car, right, like you win everybody, everybody.
Speaker 2: People they come on, they're like Rod, I'm undefeated.
Speaker 4: Nerve wracking, and you play this music.
Speaker 2: All right? It does move a little quicker.
Speaker 1: Here we go, bread Man, Wendy, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Question number one, which dog breed black and white and often associated with the fire Wendy bread Man often associated with fire stations, yes, the d Steve is on the board. He delivers bread in the morning. Wendy, He's up early. What are you doing up so early, Wendy, Uh, I'm at work. Okay, let's get in there first on this question, Wendy, Steve. Question number two, which island in Texas has an attraction?
Speaker 2: Steve Galliston has an attraction called the pleasure per.
Speaker 3: Yes, we gotta win here.
Speaker 1: Two questions to answers. Just Wendy, you were in there, you took cuts, you were in there on both of those questions.
Speaker 2: That was a good. That was a good. It was a good showing for your first game ever. You know, like you didn't get he didn't destroy you. I hope you call him play again.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely all.
Speaker 2: Right, Wendy. Good to have you on. It's a no slam clam right there. Nothing, just zero wins Steve. Steve, I'm trying to get girls to play this game. What are you doing to me? I'm trying to get chicks to play. Hey, my thing girl playing?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, so selfish Jesus Christ, Steve, I'm trying to get.
Speaker 3: Chicks to play.
Speaker 2: Say that I'm bringing the girls to call Oh him minute, dude, Maybe you are bringing the girls in, all right. I take everything I said back. I take it all back.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're going to Buzzfest now, yeah, buddy, and tomorrow you go for win number four.
Speaker 5: Hang on The rod Ryan Show on ninety four the Bus, ninety four or five The buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Wild Card Wednesday o ACL three day Weekend passes. Three day weekend passes actually went on sale yesterday at noon. We have them for the second weekend. Who did we say was playing on this thing?
Speaker 2: Killers?
Speaker 4: Right, strokes, stroke strokes, Sabrina Carpenter, that's right, Luke Combs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big names, big names. So we've got tickets for the second weekend. Coming up on the fun Fact flashback, Steve the Breadman wants no help on his victory speeches. He's like, Rod, I got this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 2: Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 11: This is Steve the Breadman and I am You're fresh out of bed head to head three day champion. Maybe another quick work another girl Wendy not my wife.
Speaker 2: I guess his wife's name is Wendy showing.
Speaker 11: Me on Vick Thursday as to make a window foes.
Speaker 2: There you have it. Listen, I don't mind that at all. Okay, anybody wants to do their own victory speech with that. All right. So before we get.
Speaker 1: To those three day passes, I brought us some new stuff for you guys.
Speaker 10: Shoo, it's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart, your buddies, to the day.
Speaker 2: I hear some fun facts for you today. Hi, held morning, brother Rod. You're gonna go out and make money today.
Speaker 1: Got big money meetings today, just meetings, Just meetings.
Speaker 2: I ever do with meetings? Yeah, I know whatever you want face to face meetings. Are you like online meetings? Today's face?
Speaker 7: Well both, I have both.
Speaker 4: For that you have a face for meetings.
Speaker 1: Thanks showing up with that face. Hy Here we go, I brun some of your fun facts. Hell, you produce enough saliva every day to fill up a wine bottle.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: That's enough for, over the course of your lifetime, to fill up about fifty three bath hubs.
Speaker 2: A spittle it's gross. Wow, you won't forget it. Though.
Speaker 1: In Japan, only fruit juice can display a realistic cut fruit on the label. If your juice contains five to ninety fruit juice. You may display a whole but unsliced fruit, and for anything less than five percent, you can't put any realistic fruit on the label.
Speaker 2: That is fun.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that. No, I don't mind that at all. Maybe they should work on that here. I'm a saliva do they produce? I think the Japanese produced about the same amunt of salava as we do here.
Speaker 2: I want to look at it up.
Speaker 1: Finally, today penguin poop emits laughing gas.
Speaker 2: That's neat and that changes everything. That's funny. It's the FuG of the day.
Speaker 7: We make you look smart and funny.
Speaker 2: Ere buddies, it's the FuG.
Speaker 3: That's of the day.
Speaker 1: ACL three day weekend passes second weekend. I believe the dates are October ten, eleven, and twelve.
Speaker 2: To homeroom. You're getting ac on three day. Wee can pass it because we love you so much. It's your fun.
Speaker 1: Bad causing some dryer sheets to be labeled vegan. What is one of the key ingredients in most dryer sheets?
Speaker 2: They're coated with this.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two pine two five nine four five.
Speaker 8: It's now time for rockout with yours dock out with Captain Cash okay, money, honey.
Speaker 2: How'd you do yesterday?
Speaker 12: We gave a little back yesterday. The Dow was down three hundred and eighty nine points. Kick off this morning at forty eight hundred and twenty nine, the Nasdaq down one hundred and fifty four to seventeen thousand, six hundred and eighty nine. Benchmark ten year Treasury is trading at a four point three to two percent and oil stands at fifty nine dollars fifty eight cents a barrel. To the most act is the big studs Verizon, Mickey D's and Salesforce, the Big Duds merk, am Jen and United Health. On the economic calendar, we'll get numbers on consumer credit for last month right now.
Speaker 3: Futures looking good.
Speaker 12: On the ipside, and hang on to this would be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm met here.
Speaker 12: This is Halan Manature director with the Raymond James Portty for The Rod Ryan Show. From Raymond James on, Sam Philip and Gusta and Nopia Toys a rock out with your stock app.
Speaker 5: Opinions expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates.
Speaker 2: Income.
Speaker 5: Ever, NYC, as IDC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referre to your end. Because programs are educational and informational services on the bestades, duds are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 4: By Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Uh Hi ninety four or five the buzz What he's going on with the alsarrec checks right now? Alex is freaking out.
Speaker 2: He's thinking, I'm on edge. Yeah, we don't know what's happening. Sorry, Hi, good morning everybody. Rod Ryan Show, I'm telling you what. We'll get squared away in the seven o'clock hoor okay, we will. We'll get squared away by the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Right now, partly cloud a few showers, high of eighty five.
Speaker 2: It's your fun. Oh, Chris thinks he knows. I krit christ brother ra what's up, brother, Chris? Listen, I number one.
Speaker 1: I learned a lot, there's a there's a there's a lot of layers here to this fun fact. I've never seen a dryer sheet that's labeled as vegan, but apparently there are what is one of the key ingredients in most dryer.
Speaker 2: Sheets beef fat beat my man, beat fat for the wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what That's what's coding your clothes.
Speaker 2: Beef fat. That helps make the clothes softer.
Speaker 1: And Chris, you're going to ac L three day weekend passes.
Speaker 2: You got them?
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Dude. Wait, have you ever been before? I've never been. Let's be my first time, dude. That's badass, dude.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for being thanks for being on the show, Thanks for being in homeroom.
Speaker 2: All right, dude, here Sarah, thank you, you rule.
Speaker 1: Hey. Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 2: Four points five the bus station from iHeartRadio The.
Speaker 1: Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Here we go ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, Ron Ryan Show. Risk it for the biscuit next hour.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty your chance to win up to one thousand dollars sporn no money at all, as we saw yesterday, right.
Speaker 2: My fault, not my fault.
Speaker 1: Partially somehow you're involved in doing some of the stuff on the back end of these things.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think you got to be picked today. You have to be I will wash my hands at that.
Speaker 1: I think you have to be in the discussion whether or not somebody wins money or not not my choice. Eight twenty Are you in the discussion? Did you vote for Bring On Buzzfest?
Speaker 7: Alex I did so.
Speaker 1: A lot of people voted, and we're going to We're going to announce the Bring On Buzzfest band all presented by Love Street Blonde.
Speaker 2: When local band's going.
Speaker 1: To get the opportunity to get on stage with all the main acts. And we'll have that for you at A twenty this morning. Thirty percent chance of rain, a few showers, cloudy skies today, highs of around eighty five.
Speaker 2: That's mo over there and she has Houston's headlines. What you got?
Speaker 4: Good morning and happy conclave? Is that what you say? I'm not Catholic. I know it's a big day.
Speaker 1: I don't know if anybody's ever said happy hunt a conclave?
Speaker 4: Should I bake to cake? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Rod.
Speaker 4: I learned today that conclave is the Latin term for locked room, and it just means the cardinals are locked in a room electing a new pope today.
Speaker 1: I heard there was some geo fence that they put around the Vatican, like calls cannot be made.
Speaker 4: I mean, they can't like google anything on their phone. Yeah, and they even have like rules about what food they can eat because they used to like hide hints in food and like trade it.
Speaker 1: So the secrecy is kind of cool, I mean, keeping that old tradition alive.
Speaker 2: And we're way waiting to see.
Speaker 1: So do you think we'll see smoke today today, whether it's you know, black or white.
Speaker 2: Black smoke er, white smoke bo, they'll be smoke today. There's gonna be a vote.
Speaker 4: It's a vote today, the first vote.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 4: So we're watching as well as one hundreds of thousands people watching it live, just waiting for the smoke. Big meet up. Yesterday, the new Canadian Prime Minister visited the White House and President Trump. They talked trade, they talked tensions. But the headline that everyone is latching onto this morning is Trump suggesting that Canada become the fifty first United State and the Prime Minister saying Canada's not for sale, noted it's teacher's week, It's Nurses Week and it's also National Pet Week. Oh my, we all are dog people, right, everybody?
Speaker 1: We determined that you, yeah, you have a dog, So now everybody on the show absolutely has a dog.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a poll in honor of National Pet Week saying that forty four percent of dog owners have at least one meal time ritual for their pets. So that's almost half of people.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that though. What's a ritual? Dog?
Speaker 4: When you're feeding your dog, do you give him a little whistle? Do you pray over his kibble? Do you make sure you sprinkle a little cheese on top of his food?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Well, do you do something?
Speaker 1: I'm going to risk it being judged. This is how it works with my dog's here. I have open feeding. There's just food in the bowl at all times. So my dog doesn't come running around the corner like that gravy train commercial of old when you put it in the bowl and then make your dog ripping in and going to eat. There's just food she eats whenever she wants.
Speaker 2: What about you? You feed your dog six or seven every day? And then did she get after it?
Speaker 4: Is she excited to see that food going the ball you're a ritual guys.
Speaker 2: I put food in the ball and just like I'll get there when I when I feel like it.
Speaker 1: There's not away from them and another guy I wanted, Oh maybe, so yeah, I'm an open feeder.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm sure I'm gonna get emails about how horrible I am. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Please email at the dot com Blues Brothers super Fans. Did you know those people exist? Blues Brothers super Fans. I find it interesting because the families of the late John Belushi and the very alive Dan Ackroyd are the ones planning this new Blues Brothers universe is Blues Brothers.
Speaker 2: Alex, you're the youngest guy in the show.
Speaker 1: I mean, what is your association with the Blues Brothers from God?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you saw the movie.
Speaker 7: It's old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it might be nineteen eighty it's old old. I mean it was a seventies bit on Saturday Night Live. But the franchise is huge. Does everybody know the Blues Brothers are behind the House of.
Speaker 2: Bluesh I figured Dan Akhroyd. Yeah, dan Ackroyd's behind all of that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so maybe they're families not running out of money. What are they so? Why are they new TV shows, new movies, new music. The newest thing that's coming out is a book.
Speaker 1: I think they just want to introduce it to a new generation. And I mean it's timeless music. I just I just don't know what the kids think of it. But it's the same thing when we talked about Cheech and Chong is looking for a next, for the next thing. Wait next, you know in that's seventies too.
Speaker 4: So nostalgia's in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, BLUs Blues Brothers is old.
Speaker 1: But you know, I just was at Universal Studios and there was a Blues Brothers cover band, you know, two guys that looked like Belushi and Acrooid, and they're up there doing the silly dances and everybody was into it, you know, So it was fun.
Speaker 4: So the Blues Brothers universe it still means something. Do you hear the new single yesterday from Mammoth Listen tell me.
Speaker 1: The Shredding WOLFI is shredding like his dad, and he's just proven that he's got the genius juice running through his veins.
Speaker 4: The genius juice. Yeah, it's called the End. And not only are folks talking about the song, but they're really digging the music video. I haven't watched a music video on a minute, but apparently it's a take on the ninety six from Dusk Hill Down music video directed by the same guys.
Speaker 2: Janos Janny Trejo is in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I guess the other fun part about this is Eddie Van Halen was known for having this very very famous guitar.
Speaker 2: Frans Okay, that's what Wolf.
Speaker 1: He's playing on this song. He's playing He's playing his dad's guitar. And it's just not only is Wolf he playing his dad's guitar. He's playing bass, He's doing the background vocals, he's doing the lead vocals.
Speaker 2: Oh, and he's playing the drums. He's doing it.
Speaker 1: Dave roll style with that first album Dave Rolls one of his idols, and he continues to play all the instruments in all the vocals on his albums. Kid's a genius, Kids an absolute genius, but using dad's guitar.
Speaker 2: I got a video on.
Speaker 1: The music blog page with him of him playing the Frankenstein's Oh it's so awesome.
Speaker 4: Hey, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can shred the bass like He's just like that.
Speaker 1: He's just showing off man in such a tasty way.
Speaker 8: What you got in sports, The Astros fell to the Brewers last night, four to three. They gave up four runs in the first inning and weren't able to come back from that. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Brewers this afternoon. Mbervaldez is gonna be in the Mountin for the Strios, going up against Milwaukee's Quinn Priester.
Speaker 2: First pitch is at twelve ten.
Speaker 8: You could listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the NBA playoffs, Pagers got by the Calves one to one nineteen and the Warriors beat the timber Wolves ninety nine to eighty eight. In the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Hurricane stopped the Capitals in overtime and the Oilers beat the Golden Knights. And then in soccer, Houston Dynamo FC is gonna be on the road tonight and it'll played the Phoenix Rising in the US Open Cup Round of sixteen. That'll kick off at seven thirty. You can watch it on CBS Sports Network or Paramount Plus.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: So on.
Speaker 1: Looking at girls blog page, I've got is a Gabrielle Reese in Caitlyn Clark that was like the big rivalry in college, Angel Reese. That's right, I got Angel Reese's mom thrown a little shade towards Kitlyn Clark. What I'm the looking at girls' blog page. There's some really good articles on that blog page too. Obviously, great pictures and all that stuff, but there's some stuff to read that you're gonna want. We're gonna have to get into this morning for sure.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The buzz.
Speaker 1: Yo ninety four or five buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: On this wild Card.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, Well, we're gonna do risk it for the biscuit this hour.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: You got a chance to win some cash. You could win up to one thousand dollars, Alex. A couple of things with you. You have a sports giveaway today. You have some more of those front row boxing tickets. Yeah, have you determined when you're gonna do those?
Speaker 2: How you doing the next sports?
Speaker 1: Next sport? So seven fifty five ish? Okay, good, Today's Gravy Day. Yes, you're recording a new podcast today, will did you know the name mode. Did you know the name of Alex's podcast was Past the Gravy.
Speaker 4: I have followed Alex and his podcast for.
Speaker 1: Years, okay, because he's been doing it for years years. And then what else that I want to mention with you? Oh, you're out Saturday. We already gave away Buzzfest tickets earlier. Spoiler alert, bread Man won the fresh out of Head head to head he got Buzzfest ticket. Also dealing with Buzzfest, I'm going to announce at eight twenty this morning, who's going to bring on Buzzfest? What lucky local band deserving? Not lucky, but you will be lucky. Deserving local band is going to get to open up Buzzfest. Bring On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde.
Speaker 2: You're out Saturday with more tickets already yea, I'm gonna have another eight parents tickets.
Speaker 8: See you Saturday night from eight to ten at Home Run Dugout, Kam Katie.
Speaker 2: Fun Oh best Side. And you haven't been there yet, have you? I am not. It's good. I'm excited. It's a good place. It's a really really cool place.
Speaker 8: Thanks to our friends at Neutral representing us Buzzfest this year.
Speaker 2: Mother's day on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Our pole question this morning is for those lucky enough to still have her around, what best describes how often you call or talk.
Speaker 2: To your mom?
Speaker 1: Now, it's starting to level off a little bit now, it's it's it's a little bit more of a level playing field. One out of five every single day, talking to your mom'll slash twenty eight percent. Several times a week, twenty four percent of our audience once a week, twenty seven percent of our audience once or twice a month.
Speaker 2: Is your mom still around? She is?
Speaker 4: She lives in Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 13: For now, the calls to your mom, in my case, when up with the kid doing a face when moms, when you know Grandma's not around, FaceTime calls become a big, big thing, and then all of a sudden, you up your frequency.
Speaker 1: So that's where you know, it's like a call. It's like, you know, I got the kid there. You're doing FaceTime with grandma?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much every night, like around bathtime every night. Yeah, the kids love it, she loves it. But I text her outside of that also pretty much every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're talking to mom all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you doing for Mother's day, your mom whatever my mother in law wants to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're going to about it. You're gonna have to.
Speaker 4: I love my mother in law actually, but she kind of gets to Yeah, I say we can celebrate her. I asked for a guests your mother's I asked for a gift for Mother's Day. I want to go see the Backstreet Boys in Vegas. Okay, that's what I asked. It's just a simple thing, but a weekend away. Where would I want?
Speaker 2: They're not playing the Sphere the Spear.
Speaker 4: I want to go. That's what I asked for.
Speaker 2: That's expansive.
Speaker 4: You're right, I'm worth it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not saying you're not.
Speaker 4: There's no way my husband's going to get it.
Speaker 1: My next question was, give me a number. What's is it? Fifty to fifty? Is it sixty forty.
Speaker 4: Of the percentage that I might.
Speaker 1: Get it that you might get I would say sixty forty sixty to the good Yeah, to the good side of things.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm back to work now, you know Rob, so maybe I could like help him pay for it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I didn't know the back Street Boys are playing.
Speaker 4: The Spy Are you wait a minute, you're.
Speaker 7: Back to your boys.
Speaker 4: I'm almost one hundred percent positive.
Speaker 7: Did we know that?
Speaker 2: I did not know.
Speaker 4: Tickets went on sale and they were like six hundred dollars a piece, and so he's thinking about just sending me in a French because he's like, I don't need to pay six hundred dollars to see a boy band.
Speaker 2: Does he have to pay for your friend? If you get you've got to get you a pair of tickets?
Speaker 4: Right? It could be like a co Mother's Day, Like my friend gets it for Mother's Day and I get it. Okay, Mom's weekend. We want a lone time for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, Mother's Day? Poll is up? Call your mom. That's to me to call your mom some more. But you don't. You don't have to, You don't. You probably talked to your mom all the time with him on every day every day as much as my kid.
Speaker 8: So, okay, I go see her and then I talked to her when I'm not going out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, but before baby Ell.
Speaker 1: Was around pretty much every day, I still talk to her every day.
Speaker 4: Are you a mama's boy? Would you consider yourself that?
Speaker 2: I don't think so? I mean, I love my mom. Is that does that make me and Mama's more?
Speaker 4: No, like she doesn't pack your lunch.
Speaker 2: No, still wipes his little tushie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does she make you an Easter basket? Not you, though, he's the trust me.
Speaker 2: She's dropping off food. She's doing the laundry.
Speaker 4: Sweet lady, what a saint.
Speaker 2: She's laundry. She does drop off food sometimes.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a good mom.
Speaker 2: You complain about it. I wouldn't complain about that either.
Speaker 3: Do you have what it takes to risk it? For the bescuit with.
Speaker 14: Rod Ryan on ninety four or five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz I imagine people are kind of keeping track at home on Monday. The person that played one six hundred dollars, but the explosion never happened, so that person could have won a thousand. Yesterday, the explosion happened after four.
Speaker 2: She did not tell me to stop.
Speaker 1: You remember yesterday I did stop, and I don't know where this is going to happen, and I panicked.
Speaker 4: We heard something.
Speaker 2: You can't burp or fart or or anything like during this.
Speaker 1: You have to you have to be you have to be church mouse quiet while this fuse is going and the money is being said. Because if I hear anything. If I had the creak of a board, I'm gonna what what was that?
Speaker 2: Who was that?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 2: So yeah, you just you yell out.
Speaker 1: Stop when you think you want to stop and you want to get some you want to lock in some money. But we're gonna do risk it for the Biscuit again thanks to our friends over the Texas Hammers. The Texas Hammers are the only reason we're able to play risk It for the Biscuit all week.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk more about it on the flip of this Brook.
Speaker 9: Houston, Rock Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: We got a few showers on tap today, about a thirty percent chance, partly Claudis guys highs today of.
Speaker 2: Around eighty five. Okay, risk it for the Biscuit.
Speaker 1: It's gonna have to wait just a second because Alex is gonna tell us about what's trending.
Speaker 8: Wild Card Wednesday is trending. Selena. I'm not even gonna try and pnounce her name. Is our wild Card Wednesday feature submitted to us by listener Amanda, and a lot of people are checking her out at.
Speaker 2: The world famous Rod Ryan Show. Page at the buzz dot.
Speaker 8: Com conclave Conclave, which is Latin for picking popes.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh, I think it's got something to do with being locked up. Same thing.
Speaker 8: I'm basically the same they're they're voting for popes today or to start something like that.
Speaker 2: That's what people were talking about.
Speaker 1: The guy down the hall was telling me that there is, but he asked me if I was betting on this. I said, well, Alex is the guy that bets on the show. But I said, I don't think he's getting his beak wet on this one.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything. Yeah, I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 8: Do you think though, that it's harder to become a Catholic cardinal or a Saint Louis cardinal. Hmm, guy, to become a Major League BASBA player, guy I get through the miners.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably more difficult to become a professional baseball player too.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of lot of priests and stuff. Eventually you could get cardinaled.
Speaker 1: You can either hit a ball or you can't, right, so ivge, you could put in your time, hit a curve a cardinal.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, got a It's a whole virginity thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then Alex Ovechkin is trending, not because of anything he did, but because when Trump was talking to the new King of Canada or whatever he's called, he was saying, I have the quote here.
Speaker 2: What was it? He said? I love Canada. I have a lot of specs for Canadians.
Speaker 8: You happen to have a very very good hockey player right now here in the Capitols.
Speaker 2: He's a big tough cookie.
Speaker 8: Just broke the record, Alex Ovechkin, who said that Trump said that to the Canadian guy is Russian. He apparently not that, And then people were just kind of ripping him for that, because that's when politicians try and talk sports. They don't really know anything about sports. Yeah, that's kind of what it is. But yeah, that's it's trending on Night by the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a little cringey, but that's what people due to us when when you say Toby maguire is your favorite Batman, Okay, he is.
Speaker 2: He was a greating Batman. People, Batman a new hope. And then Moe's wondering, should I laugh at that? I was Toby McGuire, not Batman, guys.
Speaker 4: No, you a Spider Man even I know that both they could play both characters.
Speaker 2: He was both guys. Robert Downey Junior plays two character.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that if you thought, oh jeez, if you thought you were getting somebody in here that was going to get set us straight on all the superhero stuff.
Speaker 2: We're not your girl, and you're not You're not getting that.
Speaker 1: What you are getting is someone that is excited about giving away money.
Speaker 2: You told me you were excited about this.
Speaker 4: I get so sweaty when you start playing this music rock.
Speaker 1: This is risk it for the Biscuits. She's sweating. Okay, she's sweating.
Speaker 4: You can watch it on Theavage cam.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: Thank our friends over at the Texas Hammer. As soon as you mentioned you move your camera, we doubled our viewers.
Speaker 2: We doubled our viewers.
Speaker 4: Girls are in today, y'all.
Speaker 2: Facebook YouTube.
Speaker 1: You can watch the show. You can watch us as you risk it for the Biscuit. When would you call?
Speaker 2: I don't know soon. I guess you would want to start calling. You want money today?
Speaker 1: You could win up to one thousand dollars from the Texas Hammers.
Speaker 14: It's gonna win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: If you want to play risk it for the biscuit. How long are you gonna hang in there? Hopefully not too long? Or do you go for the whole thing again? Seven one, three, two, one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: We'll get one of you on after this.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings ninety four, five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Emily Armstrong, new singer of Lincoln Park, just had a birthday, I thirty nine. She was on the Looking at Girls blog page. Well with only three days end of the week, so it was either yesterday or Monday.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you right now, the Looking at Girls.
Speaker 1: Blog page is packed, okay, I mean it is outstanding today. Of course, I'm the one that curated the whole thing, but I'm just telling you, like sometimes the stories just kind of fall in my lap and the things that are on there, so I'm telling you you need.
Speaker 2: To go take a look at that.
Speaker 1: I know Alex already told you that the Wildcard Wednesday Instagram feature is trending and that is our number one blog page, but that Looking at Girls' blog page is huge, all right, lots of stuff on there today. I do want to get into a few of the articles that are on there. Alex says the sports giveaway later on this hour, so you're about a half hour away from that. He's got some like front row boxing tickets. Kids got a big week. He's got a podcast that he's gonna record today and it's gonna debut tomorrow. He's gonna said, but we'll talk about it tomorrow morning, and then you're gonna be out Saturday. And then when I say this kid's got a big week.
Speaker 2: He's in charge of all the cash. I don't know how. I don't know how.
Speaker 1: I asked mister Adler for a bunch of money and then all of a sudden, it's like a waiting wife, just like just hand it over, and he's.
Speaker 2: Got all the money. Now, Yeah, he's sitting on the mind. I tried to give you this back. Just yell at me.
Speaker 8: I feel like it fault if people aren't good at waiting or deciding when they want to say stop.
Speaker 1: Ten years on the show, you need to take on more responsibilities.
Speaker 2: Now you're sitting on all the cash. This is not my responsibility. You're sitting on the listener that is on the phone right now. All you have to do is say one word and it stopped.
Speaker 4: Her handle the responsibility.
Speaker 2: Alex, I can I put the thing in there? I put the fuse in there. Yeah. Now I can't say stop. You'll not have to say stop. I can't win this money.
Speaker 1: You have to get into your head a little bit. It looks like Keith got through. Hi, Keith, Hello this morning?
Speaker 3: Oh good?
Speaker 2: Well? Hello dude. How you feeling Keith? Oh? Pretty good.
Speaker 1: You're feeling like some uh, some fat cash coming into your life would be a good thing. It would be nice, dude, It would be nice. Have you heard what we're doing here? Risk it for the biscuit? Do you know what's happening?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, so our good friend.
Speaker 1: I'm just for anybody else that's listening that maybe doesn't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: This is here, This is local.
Speaker 1: This isn't some national contest where you've got a chance to win some money. This money is coming from the great mister Jim and mister Bill Adler. Okay, now you're going to hear mister Adler coming on and he's going to be giving you money in one hundred dollars increments. If you don't hear an explosion, that money is yours, dude. You can tell me to stop anywhere you want.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Alex had mentioned a fuse lit. The fuse will light. Something's coming at the end of that fuse. I just don't know what, Keith. You tell me to stop whenever you like? You You've got a chance to win some money.
Speaker 4: Yell it loud please?
Speaker 3: Well are you ready to risk it for the biscuits?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to risk it for the biscuit? Keith? I okay, Moe wants me to ask you when you're gonna stop.
Speaker 4: I can't want to know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know what your goal is. I can't know that.
Speaker 4: But Keith, I got you. Can you do this?
Speaker 2: I'm taking my nine year old to school? Or she gave me a number to stop that what I'm doing?
Speaker 1: What's her name? Okay, Reagan? We could blame this now Alex is like, blame Reagan.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Don't blame me. Don't give alexan out like that. Oh it's clearly Reagan's fault. All right, Here we go, Keith Reagan, God, I hope you had good advice for dad. Here we go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna light this fuse. Let's get ready to risk it for the biscuit.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for you. Tell me when to stop this puppy. Here we go. It's lit.
Speaker 3: One hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's your money.
Speaker 14: Two hundred dollars, three hundred dollars, four one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: That is four hundred bucks cash.
Speaker 3: Wow. Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Jesus Reagan.
Speaker 14: Six hundred dollars, seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of money. Let's e seven.
Speaker 2: Stop it on seven. You just won seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars for funds, Reagan.
Speaker 4: That is a lot of Nikes, sister, all right, waiting Wow wow, wow, wow, wow wow.
Speaker 2: My kid tells me to wait until seven. I'm just like, are you nuts? Are you absolutely crazy? I can't even believe you waited in there that long, dude. Congratulations. Seven hundred dollars. It's yours, baby, it's yours. That's the number that Reagan gave you.
Speaker 4: It is oh God, and she got to hear it, so now she knows you have it in your wallet. Daddy, is that there?
Speaker 2: We can play the rest of us.
Speaker 8: You can play the rest. I think we already said eight hundred, so he could have won eight hundred. Okay, so it's said eight hundred. Let's take a listen. Oh it's over here.
Speaker 3: One thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Dollars, dude, you got don't know, seven hundred.
Speaker 1: I feel really great about that, dude, seven hundred dollars cash.
Speaker 4: Yes, Reagan was right.
Speaker 1: Keith, Reagan, You're awesome. Don't even think about that other three hundred you left on the table.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred dollars. There is a lot of cash. Now, what's Reagan's cut, Keith.
Speaker 4: We're just talking about how expensive dollars are.
Speaker 7: Yep, they are got three of them.
Speaker 1: Dude, Way to go, Way to you, well played on risk it for the biscuit. Thank you to the Texas Hammers. Great game, Keith.
Speaker 4: Rob Ryan Show on ninety five of.
Speaker 1: US ninety four to five, The Buzz blinkin eighty two and to miss you, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: It'smack Davlin.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the week, hump Day Wildcard Wednesday, number one blog page today I mentioned the Looking at Girls blog page today is very good. There's a lot there, partly cloudy, a few showers expected. Heines a Brown eighty five, about a thirty percent chance eight twenty big time for us here on the show today because we're gonna announce being on Bring On Buzzfest. The local band will be revealed, all presented by Love Street Blonde. So it's really really exciting. I can tell you that there was a ton of votes. I'll get into some of that stuff Radio Wizard put together, you know, like how many people he an approximate number of votes and you know he sent it out to industry professionals, and I'm debate, is there any I mean, I'll throw this to you guys too here in the room. If you were in the contest, there's no wrong answer here. If you were in the contest.
Speaker 2: Would you want to know if you were a top five? Would you want to know? Like, would that make you feel good about your band?
Speaker 1: Or is that something that we should keep to ourselves and just announce the winner and not?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, how would you handle that? Mom?
Speaker 4: Top five is extra clout for sure. Yeah, it's top five, So that they would cool.
Speaker 1: It would be cool to hear your name mentioned, even though you didn't get it. It would be cool to mention some of the bands that were up there. And it was a very tight race, Okay, I'll go with what you guys are saying. Then I'll go with what you guys are saying, and I'll share that information with you on who came close. If that, yeah, I guess I mean I'd want to hear my band's name on the air too, So I guess that makes sense. So that's coming up at eight twenty. Today is the day that TSA says, if you don't have a real ID, you better get to the airport their words, not mine, three hours early unless you have a passport or one of the other compliant pieces of identification. Okay, first of all, I didn't know that I had a real ID.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this means. I'm glad I have it.
Speaker 1: I have a little yellow star in the top right hand corner of my driver's license.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask for that, I just got it.
Speaker 4: No, they've been trying to push this since nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: This is a driver's license. I just I have a driver's license. You're telling me that everybody doesn't have a yellow star on there. You're right, But who didn't get one?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: That's what nobodys to know that. It's a lot a bigger problem in other states. Okay, where people aren't renewing them as much as I guess we are in Texas, we're on top of it.
Speaker 1: You said that I don't have to waste a whole lot of time on this. You saw some number that most people are pretty good here in.
Speaker 4: Like compared to other states where they're like frantically waiting in line to get this real idea because they've put it off for so long. Okay, So, but if you're traveling today, that's going to be an issue because there's going to be people from all different states gotcha in lines at TSA. So that's where we run into the problem.
Speaker 2: You need a real ID.
Speaker 1: The TSA says, if you're over eighteen, if you don't have a real ID, you should get to the airport three hours early. You will be subject to delays and additional screening. Now, they also recommend if you don't have the license with the yellow star on it, you should bring as many forms of IDA as possible. Now, what else is acceptable? What's an acceptable alternative to a real ID? Past a state issued enhanced driver's license, US passport ALEX, a DHS Trusted Traveler Card. The one thing that my girlfriend has is something called global entry. I don't know and have that there's something.
Speaker 2: If you can call your mom and she'll just say, that's my kid. There you go.
Speaker 4: It's gotta have something with your face on it and your name, Department of Defense, ID, military ID. Maybe just about your YMCA.
Speaker 2: Card, they say. Question. But I know you're making a joke right now, but there's literally.
Speaker 4: Telling you, uh huh.
Speaker 1: Bring as many forms of ID as possible. If you don't have what they're saying that they need, there's no guarantee that they got to let you through.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got Costco.
Speaker 1: Your picture just because it's a driver's license on its own isn't good enough anymore.
Speaker 2: They say, if you have.
Speaker 1: A library car to Costco, bring it, Bring as many forms of things with your name on it that you possibly can, and even then you're not guaranteed to make it through the security checkpoints. So today they say they're really clamping down on this. Today's the day most says that Texas is doing well, so we don't have to spend any more time with.
Speaker 4: Other people were traveling with the trash.
Speaker 1: That could be a problem if you're traveling and said, it's like these non Texans are that aren't doing as good as we are in this state. They may be slowing you down today.
Speaker 2: So you've been there. There's your one heads up. I'm not going to talk about it again. Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 4: You get the kids listening this morning, they got mad because I wasn't waving at them on the camera.
Speaker 1: I just imagine I'm listening to that song and you got two little ones, yes, And I'm sure they listened to you on your country station and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Mommy, what was it? Break mom sailor, She's for her favorite ist post alone. So I'm used to censoring, slash avoiding, So we are good.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, good morning everybody, and good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are watching us this morning, and that's great.
Speaker 1: On our Facebook page and on YouTube, on our channel at rod Ryan's Show. Smash that subscribe button, please smash button. You should be following us each and every day. So just the number one thing is that you're listening.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. And then I'm an extra, you know how needy I am I need you to follow us and like us.
Speaker 4: I'm learning how many you are very needy on all.
Speaker 2: These social media platforms.
Speaker 1: My mom's over here begging to my nipples turned blue and for people to follow us.
Speaker 2: Please follow us? All right, next.
Speaker 1: Hour, we got the announcement bring on Buzzfest. Somehow, I'm gonna sneak in some three eleven Bad Flower tickets for their show Friday night. Alex in Sports coming up has an awesome giveaway, so don't go.
Speaker 2: Anywhere for that. Right now, moh has Houston's.
Speaker 4: Headlines good morning and happy conc life. I'm not Catholic. I know today's big day. I just double checked. We haven't seen smoke yet, but that's at waiting for hundreds of thousands of spectators are just waiting on the streets in Rome for that smoke to arrive. If it's really wice.
Speaker 2: The millions of people around the world though, I.
Speaker 4: Mean everyone's watching, it's huge. They don't know they're not watching anything because it's also secretive.
Speaker 1: They will break into local programming the smoke stack. Either way, when they see smoke, they will break into local programming.
Speaker 4: I believe smoke means Pope White means pope. Black means no Pope.
Speaker 2: They haven't decided yet, Yeah right, right, got it? Okay, what mean they won't use it? It's not a gender reveal.
Speaker 4: Oh once is bad. Twice in over a week is a big problem. Another fighter jet fell off of an aircraft carrier yesterday.
Speaker 2: And again you're telling me this doesn't happen all the time, and we're just finding out about it. This is two really isolated incidences.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, these jets are worth about sixty million dollars.
Speaker 2: We lost another one in the drink.
Speaker 4: Yes, they just fished the other one up. They have to because he's got you know, secret stuff on it. Okay, yeah, they don't want other people to have. But this one was landing and the wire that's supposed to catch it didn't catch it. No one, luckily was hurt. But I know those sailors out there, they're already going through it because they're avoiding rebel attacks. That's why they're there. And then this stuff is happening, and it's.
Speaker 1: Just God, I hope it's not the same guy, Like if they gave him a.
Speaker 2: Second chance, and it's the same guy with the wire that's supposed to be hooking up the the jet.
Speaker 4: That's a lot. That's a lot of pressure, Like you can't go.
Speaker 2: Three strikes and like two strikes, you're done, dude, we got to find another job for you.
Speaker 4: Think about him today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in the kitchen kiel and potato.
Speaker 4: But our poll question on the X on the Twitter today, can you check on it for me? How often do you talk with your mama?
Speaker 2: So you guys told me your every days?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, So what best describes how often you call or talk to your mom? We're talking about mom's. Mother's Day is on Sunday. The biggest answer is once or twice a month.
Speaker 4: That just doesn't seem like enough fraud, but not by much.
Speaker 1: So twenty seven percent once or twice a month, twenty six percent once a week, twenty five percent several times a week, and twenty one percent of our audience every day.
Speaker 2: It's pretty even. Okay, it's pretty even.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: I listen.
Speaker 1: I know some of you aren't lucky enough to have your mom still. Some of you just don't talk to your mom.
Speaker 4: Not that relationship situation.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to keep it light tight and bright Mother's Day, and most people universally think, hey, should probably, and maybe this is shaming you into stepping.
Speaker 2: In up a little bit.
Speaker 4: That's actually what we're here for, to shame you into calling your mother for this weekend, because reminder, it's Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: If you've been to a movie theater recently, you're aware of the trend of collectible popcorn buckets. Yep, you go in there. It's thirty dollars and they make you feel like you need it because it's collectible and you'll put it on a shelf forever. I don't know. But the new Mission Impossible, the final Reckoning movie, comes out the end of the month, and they just decided to start teasing their popcorn buckets that are associated with the movie. And apparently you need two keys to open up this popcorn bucket.
Speaker 1: That seems on brand right for Mission Impossibility. Yeah, like it seems like it.
Speaker 4: You know, people are gonna be into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like it.
Speaker 4: I just want my popcorn.
Speaker 1: We said that this kind of I'm sure it wasn't the first, but the one that we started talking about, I think Alex.
Speaker 2: When Dune came out. Yeah, it is the worm. It was the worm flesh look like just like a flesh Light. I think dudes were doing weird things to it.
Speaker 4: Thirty dollars. Put it on your shelf forever. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hear into that. People love collecting that crap. You know that, you know what, I.
Speaker 4: Love your idols. We got a new collab Halsey and Amy Lee of Evanessence. Halsey is geeking the heck out because she says that she has idolized Amy Lee since she was a kid. And the Ladies announced yesterday they've got a new single out. It's out on Friday. It's called Hands That Feeds and apparently it's for that new John Wick spinoff movie that's coming out called Ballerina.
Speaker 2: Halsey's like a chameleon. She can do anything.
Speaker 4: She is impressive.
Speaker 2: She's adaptable. I mean if she does a song, I mean.
Speaker 1: It could be a ballad, it could be the rock and a song. Ever with Amy Lee, Halsey can handle anything. I'm fascinated by her. Friday, Okay, I'm excited about that.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, alex Well.
Speaker 8: The Astros fell of the Brewers last night, four to three. The four runs in the first and weren't able to come back from that, they're going to wrap up their series with the Brewers this afternoon. Bramber Valdez will be on the map for the Strows, going up against Milwaukee's Quinn Priest Your First Pitches at twelve to ten. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the NBA Playoffs, the Pacers got by the Caves one twenty to one nineteen and the Warriors beat the Timberwolves ninety nine to eighty eight. And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Hurricanes top the Capitals in OT two to one, and the Oilers beat the Golden Knights four to two. And in soccer, Houston Donald FC is gonna be on the road tonight. They're gonna play the Phoenix Rising in the US Open Cup. That's gonna kick off at seven thirty and you can watch it on CBS Sports Network or pair Themount Plus if you want to go see some boxing, I got a pair of front row VIP tickets to Overtime Boxing ot X thirteen this Friday night, featuring an all sex with WBA Continental America's Super Welterweight main event Carler ten to seven, one three two and two, five, nine, four five, gets those tickets.
Speaker 2: Now, that's what's going on in.
Speaker 9: Sports rock and alternative Fairheustre.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Marning.
Speaker 5: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, the Buzz whipping off the bush chemicals between us, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show on this wild Card Wins Day, big morning or big hour for us this morning. As we're about I don't know fifteen sixteen minutes away, we're going to announce who's going to be the opening act at Buzzfest. It's Bring On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to bring you that information.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for the band, excited for all the bands that got into this thing. You made it into that thirty five band cut list. I was talked into by the people that I'm standing in the room with that I should mention the top five or the five bands that came the closest to getting their name announced to get up there on that stage. I can tell you, no, I'm not gonna do that. I was gonna say I was gonna give you like some kind of a hint or reclue, but I'm like, now, I think I want you.
Speaker 2: All to tune in. I want you to listen up. So I mentioned it's the halfway point of the show. Marco's over here.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a lot of these emails, people talking like Rod. I hardly ever talked to my mother on the phone, yet talks to my wife daily. Same with my grandma. I guess they like her better than me. So that's his mom that his wife's talking to every day.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Jacob sends a funny email. He's like, Rod, I know you have this fear of choking on a baby carrot.
Speaker 2: MO doesn't know this about me.
Speaker 1: Tell me if I go down. And there's been at least three, if it wasn't three scary moments in my life, all of which were me alone at my home in my kitchen choking on a baby carrot.
Speaker 4: Like all three times, fat Boy.
Speaker 2: Is just in a rush. I'm standing, I'm eating and baby carrots. I don't chew enough. And I'm telling you, I'm throwing my torso over.
Speaker 4: The scene to try to like I'm like yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, there's.
Speaker 1: If I go down, Yeah, it's gonna be a baby carrot that kills me. So Jacob says, I know you've got a fear of choking on those baby carrots. Last night, I got a wat of HGB brownie stuck in the back of my throat. Slowly I felt the oxygen leaving my body. I scrambled for some water. All I could think was Rod called it. This guy's about the dime. He's thinking about me and my carrot. Since we're getting to know Mo this week, how does she feel about baby carrots? And does she have any other weird fears? I mean, that's a very specific question.
Speaker 2: But I like it. But I like it because now she's she's got to find out about us too. So how are you with baby carrots?
Speaker 4: I love vegetables.
Speaker 2: Do you chew your carrots enough?
Speaker 4: I guess I've never had a near death experience with a carrot.
Speaker 2: Three times I've almost been taken out.
Speaker 4: And that's Jesus telling you to stop eating carrots.
Speaker 2: I have a bag of them in my crisper drawer right now.
Speaker 4: I love them. They're delicious.
Speaker 1: I really have to take the time to or sit down. That's me standing up.
Speaker 2: And eating like an idiot.
Speaker 1: Now you're self aware, I'm always in a rush.
Speaker 2: Any other fears that we need to know about.
Speaker 4: Irrational, irrational both Alex like, Okay, I have a rational fear of terrorists and tornadoes.
Speaker 2: Okay, and the ton thing is a real thing for you.
Speaker 4: It is a real thing. Yesterday I had my kids helmets in the closet.
Speaker 2: You really have this, you have this kind of peparo. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Last year Around the World Day, my friend lost her house to a tornado north of Dallas, and she was inside with her children. I can show you the pictures.
Speaker 1: You said that you had some damaged Beryl. Didn't do much for my house except except put some rain in there that in the roof that got torn off during the duration.
Speaker 4: Yes, same, we lost all of our trees in the Duraicha.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was out with no power for like five days. I plugged my refrigerator into my car. Irrational fears horses.
Speaker 1: Now you're a country gal. You came from the country space direct.
Speaker 4: I have to like host the rodeo parade and there's horses all around me, and I'm terrified of their teeth. Really, okay, that is my irrational fear.
Speaker 2: And they want some carrots.
Speaker 4: They do the teeth that's so huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they regular carrots. They cancels today they're built for.
Speaker 4: Carrots and they handle them pretty big teeth too.
Speaker 2: It's just I just I just don't take time. Yeah, you've good teeth, but I don't take the time. And it's just it's it's more of a timing thing. All right, Well, that's all good.
Speaker 4: Stuff, Jacob, Thank you, Jacob. Glad you're safe. Watch out for those brownies from a TV.
Speaker 2: Let's see here, good morning.
Speaker 1: You have the fourth largest city in the nation, so I'm quite confident you have lots of followersm subscribers, so there's no need.
Speaker 2: For you to be needy.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 2: I listen, I am needy, Matthew.
Speaker 1: You hear me talk about all the time that I'm trying to get more people.
Speaker 2: Following us on Instagram and all of that stuff. And I just think it's a good component for the show.
Speaker 1: I mean, right now, if you wanted to vote on the Mother's Day poll, you know we're trying to prop it up moms this week, you know what I mean, We're adjusting crowns.
Speaker 2: How often are you talking to your mom?
Speaker 1: And if we got to shame you into calling your mom today because you're realizing, Oh, you're.
Speaker 2: Right, Rod. I heard that on the show.
Speaker 1: I don't you know he's choking on carrots, and he said that I don't call my mom enough.
Speaker 2: You know, I want you to think of these things after listening to us.
Speaker 1: So so that's why I'm so needy. It's it's just it's another way of like interacting with the show.
Speaker 2: Here here's me running.
Speaker 1: Around saying we're the most interactive show on the radio. Well, we can't be unless we're not unless we are interacting with you, and we're giving you all these different ways to see us and to communicate with us.
Speaker 2: And Moe was just showing me.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that was your nanny cam or whatever, but the kids, your young ones are watching us on the screen. Yes, you guys didn't have a video component like this on your other show.
Speaker 4: It wasn't constant like it is now.
Speaker 2: Is it weird that there's a I mean that camera.
Speaker 7: I know that it's awesome.
Speaker 2: It was adjusted a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I was I eat my meat stick in privacy and I realized that everyone's watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she really was Jones And for this meat stick.
Speaker 4: I brought a whole bag today. I'm not giving up, but I am going to move away from the camera.
Speaker 1: And when you say meat stick, I mean it's a jerky, slim jimmy type of thing.
Speaker 2: But you're calling it a meat stick.
Speaker 4: What would you call it?
Speaker 2: It's like a slim gym, a slim gym.
Speaker 4: It's not a slim gym. It's like a healthy one.
Speaker 2: It's slim gym adjacent.
Speaker 4: It's a meat stick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you really wanted that meatstick, but you knew you had the awareness that you shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be that girl.
Speaker 2: You want to be national away at that thing on the camera.
Speaker 4: Correct, that's not what I want my legacy to be.
Speaker 1: There will be screen there will be screen caps and videos made and trust and.
Speaker 4: Children are watching.
Speaker 2: So your kids are watching it.
Speaker 4: They're watching NonStop. They're just sitting there. Instead of Damiel Tiger or Blooey, they're watching Rod.
Speaker 2: Do they think it Uncle Rod?
Speaker 1: Do they think it's cool though that they say saying their names?
Speaker 4: That's cool?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, that's good. I'm glad that.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that they're Thanks everyone for watching.
Speaker 2: I hope they like that olympiscuit break stuff big fans. Okay, So I've got it.
Speaker 1: I'm up against a break, and I also got to work in some tickets here and now I feel like I need to move a few things around. What I will not move around is after the break, I will announce the winner of bring On Fest presented by Love Street Blonde. One lucky band, it's gonna get the life changing event. We're gonna hand them a life changing event and they're gonna get to be on the main stage with Marilyn Manson and Chavelle in Blue, October and Pod and everyone else that's playing. All right, the announcement that you've been waiting for coming up after the break of.
Speaker 4: US Rock and Alter very soon the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I'm six to ten am, all.
Speaker 1: Right, welcome back. Very exciting, very exciting. It's I got eight nineteen. I'm gonna let Alex do his thing. I'm gonna let him tell us what's trending, and then we're gonna get into uh, we're gonna congratulate one of the great bands that applied to bring On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde.
Speaker 2: So let me let you do your thing first. What do you see that's trending out there? Smokey Robinson is trending, Okay.
Speaker 4: Uh, you look at that one, Alex.
Speaker 8: Yeah, smoke Man's been accused of sexual assault.
Speaker 2: By former housekeepers. Yeah allegedly. Yeah, some of the stuff's going back a while.
Speaker 1: But Smokey's eighty five and him and his wife are facing the sexual misconduct allegations. So I don't know if his wife was in on it, but there's housekeepers that are bringing some charges to Smoky.
Speaker 2: And Smokey Robinson is a legendary guy.
Speaker 1: We were playing some music this morning because Mo was like plenty some stuff and I'm like Tears of a Clown and these old motown hits that he's responsible for. He's a legendary rock and roll Hall of Famer guy, So I'm interesting to see how this plays out.
Speaker 2: How many headlines do you think say where there's smoke fire? Ooh yeah, that seems like somebody. At least one person wrote that Wildcott.
Speaker 8: Wednesday continues to trend Selena again not gonna try and pronounce her last name because I can't. Submitted to us by the listener A manned A lot of people are checking her out today at the road famous Rid Ryan showpage at buzz dot com and also continuing to trend is George Pickens. The Steelers are sending their Pro Bowl wide receiver to the Cowboys for a third and fifth round pick. And that's what the entire internet seeds to be talking about this morning. It's just training a night by the buzz.
Speaker 1: I thank everybody. First, I want to thank all the bands. I want to thank all the local bands that submitted this year. We love bringing you these types of opportunities for a local band to get up there on Buzzfest, on the stage, on.
Speaker 2: The main stage with all the acts. I get it. It's not lost on me. It's a huge thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, my dumb band when I played, we were never good enough to do this sort of thing. But there are bands, there are plenty of bands here in town that are good enough to do these types of things. Over three thousand of you voted on the thirty five submissions. We had solo artists, there were full bands in there, and you could only vote like once a day for any one band.
Speaker 2: There was nobody.
Speaker 1: Stuffing the ballot box and things like that, so it really, I mean, just to see the amount of votes and when bands got their fans behind them to get in there and vote, we could tell we could tell who had their fans out there and not stuffing the ballot box, just voting for their favorite local band.
Speaker 2: So you said to me that if you were in a local.
Speaker 1: Band and you didn't quite make it, but you would like to hear that you were in the one of the top bands.
Speaker 4: Heck, yeah, you guys would want to know that, right.
Speaker 1: So the bands that made it to the top that were close, the bands that were sent to because the fan vote meant everything to get you into that next level. Okay, then five panelists who work in the industry and that are familiar with live bands and all of this stuff, that are you know, Radio Wizard's buddy and the buddies in the business. The bands that came close the top bands were Hindsight, Lucid Illusions, who are a former winner, Noisegate, Garbage Girlfriend.
Speaker 2: They were in Katie local magazine.
Speaker 1: Nice, Yeah they got they got their way into a magazine, Cat Cat Cat Hodick I think that's their name, Valhalla, and three oh seven Departure n you guys? Are you guys all came so unbelievably close. Three oh seven Departure had a huge push on social media along with the band that won. So you guys all, congratulations, you came so close this year's winner.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at their socials right now.
Speaker 1: I'm looking to them on YouTube. They've played venues in Texas and around Texas, and they've even worked a little further to get fans out there. They've made it into the top voting for Bring On Buzzfest several years. But now they've made it all the way to the top. And that's why you got to stay with this And I'm happy, like you don't want to ever get something like this and you didn't make it and you think, Okay, well we're not good enough. Don't you stay with it. You stay with it, you work hard, you get better. You just keep working at your instrument. You keep working on your voice. They did guerrilla marketing on the streets to get people to vote. They came down and made a huge poster and put it in the station and it's right there, joining the ranks of previous local bands to play Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Included in there.
Speaker 1: Remember Hold On Hollywood, Lucid Illusions, as I mentioned, Mirror Lake Rosie. I believe they're from Katie, Texas. Congratulations Kenton Place, Kenton Place. We'll be playing Buzzfest. They will be bringing on Buzzfest this year, and I'm talking main stage, sharing the stage with Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, Blue October, Pod Evans, Blue, Stabby Westward, and Sleep Theory. You got your work cut out for you boys.
Speaker 4: S see your smile.
Speaker 7: They rock.
Speaker 2: They rock. Now.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm doing is they got a video out. This is not the exact thing that they submitted. You guys all know that they had to submit a live video of them.
Speaker 2: We had this.
Speaker 1: We had to make sure that they could play live and they could back up this stuff. Okay, people can do lots of things in the studio, but when when they get up on stage, we have to make sure that when you get up on stage, you can back it up.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you these guys can back it up.
Speaker 1: Kenton Place, Congratulations, proud of you, and I'm super.
Speaker 2: Happy for you guys. Man.
Speaker 1: That's a it's an amazing accomplishment. And thank you to all of the bands, and thank you to everybody that voted this year.
Speaker 7: Ryan Shod Effects including Swings.
Speaker 1: Five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Stained Outside. Before that, the big announcement, Kenton Place, Congratulations, I mean give them another bell.
Speaker 2: No, Moe just popped up on our Rod Ryan Show Instagram. She just happened to have that Kenton Place poster bye, they brought it by.
Speaker 6: I was like, re, do you have a guy?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: This old thing right here?
Speaker 4: Sweet of them to drop it by.
Speaker 1: Kenton Place was the band that brought that big old poster down with that jacked lead singer.
Speaker 4: They look like my brothers. We have the same hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do have the same hair as those guys. Congratulations to them and all the bands, and it's gonna be a fun, fun time out there. I can only imagine how excited they are Buzzfest. You're all invited. This will be your first Buzzfest, first time, first time at Buzzfest. It's a Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion, Chavelle Marilyn Manson co headlining our friends Blue October.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to get Justin in here. You're gonna have to meet.
Speaker 1: Justin but you ever met Justin? Never from Bloctober? Oh, the Coolest Pod Evans, Blue Stabbing, Westward, Sleep Theory and now Kenton Place local favorites.
Speaker 4: Anyone could come out right. Tickets are on sale Teamster one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone can come out and party. London is excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has been to a buzzfest before as a little baby, and she was at the hotel. I had her at the Marriotte and Justin happened to be playing that when he's like, Okay, I know, can.
Speaker 3: I meet her?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, she's at the hotel, what can I meet her?
Speaker 1: So I had to go get her from the I had to go get her from the Marriott and I brought her backstage and he's like, we'll bring her out there. And I brought her out there as a little blob too enough to bring on Blue October on stay. She's like, take her out there and introduce us. So that's a fun picture. That's a funny picture. I have a poll question already up this morning, and you know we're putting a lot of shine Mother's Day. What's what best describes how often you call or talk to your mom? The most popular answer now is tied between several times a week and once or twice a month.
Speaker 2: But I mean it's I'm telling you, it's it's across the board.
Speaker 1: It's even twenty six percent once or twice a month, twenty six percent, once a week twenty six point five percent, several times.
Speaker 2: A week twenty one percent every day. A lot of mom talking going on out there. That's good.
Speaker 1: I saw a poll question and I just thought, I thought maybe I would just ask you guys, because it's probably not worth it in this day and age. I don't think it happens a whole lot. Who Maybe Alex.
Speaker 2: Mo No, what little I know about you. I'm gonna say no, Chilli.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm gonna say Alex, yes, Chilli no.
Speaker 2: Who. I'll start with Mo on the show. Has hitchhiked before? Side of the road, well, ranger walking around.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about you got the hobo bag or anything like that, but you're just like out there, thumb out. Cars are driving by and you're trying to get a ride. Have you hitch hiked before?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I was right on that.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I feel Alex was left at a party, he lost this thumb up, he lost his cell phone, okay.
Speaker 4: The firm of the drunk, and he was fine with it.
Speaker 1: What had happened was one of those moments I feel like, maybe you hitch hiked before.
Speaker 8: No, Like in college, there were times where you're like, hey, which where are you going?
Speaker 2: Okay? Can you give me a ride? Like near this? Like where do you live? And I live over here? But you drop me off here? Okay. Still that's not technically hitch.
Speaker 1: No, and it's not, and it's not the safest thing, but safer.
Speaker 2: It was like a college and it was usually another college student right.
Speaker 1: Safer than being on the side of the road in large arge picking you up in a semi.
Speaker 2: To pee wee herman drop chillie. Yo. Have you have you hitch hiked before?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have? And I was is it pre cell phone?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 15: And this was like when I was in Guatemala, like around maybe eight nine years old.
Speaker 2: You're that young in you're hitch hiking. Where are you going?
Speaker 15: Like I was riding a bicycle and then I got a flat tire, but I was far away.
Speaker 7: From the house.
Speaker 15: And then I'm just going back home and it's getting darker, and then they're like, you know, you see cars going by, you just put the thumb up when you see a.
Speaker 7: Truck, and you know.
Speaker 15: But but in those countries, it's regular, you know, it's regular people hitch hiking.
Speaker 7: Regular.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm listen I'm gonna I'm gonna drop a book I read.
Speaker 2: There's only ten of in my whole life. But Jack Kerouac on the Road, he talks about that whole that was like pre hippie culture.
Speaker 1: It was the beat Nicks, you know, and people hitchhiked across the country. Back then, people hitchhiked. I mean, if you wanted to, if you wanted to go out to San Francisco, people hitchhiked over there. They hitchhiked their way to San Francisco. I think there was people on the side of the road. As a matter of fact, I'm old enough to remember seeing hippie looking people, hippie type people on the side of the road hitch hiking.
Speaker 2: Now have I hitchhiked, yes, long time ago.
Speaker 4: Who picked you up?
Speaker 1: I don't know, just weirdo people. Nothing bad happened from what I can remember.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have hitchhiked before.
Speaker 1: Seventy three percent of people now say that they haven't hitchhiked. If you asked this question twenty five years ago, got around it.
Speaker 2: There's almost no need to hitchhike. With a with a cell phone, you had no way of communicating. But with jike. Correct, but you have.
Speaker 1: No way of communicating if you don't if you don't have a cell phone. So back in the day, if you were stuck, let's just use chili story for example with the bicycle, like, yeah, how are you gonna get where you need to go?
Speaker 2: How are you gonna get home? If it's super far?
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, And I got a whooping for that too.
Speaker 4: Yes, good.
Speaker 15: I mean because they were like, hey, you know, you're not supposed to be going that far.
Speaker 7: How can you trust people?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 15: It was just but at the end of the day, it was a different time. Also, you know, it wasn't It was a different time, but I mean still it's not right. But yeah, I've done it. Actually, I'll post on the Rod Ryan Show. I'll post a picture of the bike being the bike looking all fly.
Speaker 2: You have a picture of that bicycle that broke down?
Speaker 7: Oh hell yeah, it was like a BMX bike.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 15: I was like, I thought I was gonna be like a BMX rider back in the day.
Speaker 4: A polaroid picture. What kind of picture?
Speaker 7: I mean we had cameras back then.
Speaker 4: I mean, so you took a picture of a picture.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like we had like the flintstones.
Speaker 1: We had a It was just I was gonna say, this big pterodactyl, it's beaking its way into a big tablet of stone.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well I got I'll post it right now. I'll finally, I've got it on my phone.
Speaker 2: I want to see it all. I want to see it. All right, Well, listen, I don't recommend it now.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you're alive. Ride I'm glad you're alive.
Speaker 1: But there was a time I think that hitch hiking wasn't absolutely terrifying, Okay, like right now terrifying, But there was a time where I think it will stop.
Speaker 2: It was very common. Yeah, it was super common. I remember seeing them.
Speaker 8: Would you just see people betting picked up on the side of the road, all, yeah.
Speaker 1: You would just see they were just you would go out if you were out for if you went on an hour's drive in nineteen.
Speaker 2: Seventy eight, if you were out on the road for an hour, you would see three or four hitchhikers. Were they're like spot were.
Speaker 8: They like spots like home depot or like where they're like there's a day laborers hang out. There was there like a good like hitchhiking spot, like this is where all the hitcheres are.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Jail.
Speaker 4: There's still signs that say don't pick anyone up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pictures in Huntsville with us hitchhiking.
Speaker 2: All right, we do not recommend.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm glad you guys, just glad you didn't his hip He's shine Down ninety four to five, The Bug ninety four five, the buzz Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, rod Ryan show, Shine Down, don't die O MG. Dallas, Daniel, thank you so much. He just sent me a picture.
Speaker 1: We must have been doing a meet and greet with Blue October at that particular buzzfest that I mentioned that London was a little baby, and he just sent me a picture of me, me and the guys in Bloctober with little baby Blobby, Little Blobby London.
Speaker 4: Bobby has a picture.
Speaker 2: And he had Dallas.
Speaker 1: He's like, dude, I mean, I have this picture forever just because you mentioned it. I'm going to send it Alawn to you. And I've never seen this picture before, so thank you. That that makes me really really happy. And then that makes me I told Alex already because his daughter's got those beautiful, beautiful chubby cheeks, and I say you wake up one day and they're gone.
Speaker 2: They just go away.
Speaker 1: I mean London's cheeks, She's got all the cheeks, and I'm thinking those are going to stay there forever, right, And those little chubby legs they just go away. They yeah, they just go away. Okay, thank you for that. That really that made my day, Thank you so much. Kenton Place was the big announcement.
Speaker 2: Mo looks very excited.
Speaker 1: She's on our Instagram right now at rod Ryan's show holding up that Kenton Place poster. I went onto their Instagram. I went on to Kenton's Place Instagram and like two they had a I think they put up a clip of us talking about them on the air, And about three minutes before I made the announcement, I typed, let me be the first to.
Speaker 2: Congratulate you guys.
Speaker 1: So there was just a little bit of foreshadowing before they announcement.
Speaker 2: I had the announcement in my hand all morning. So that's a huge deal.
Speaker 1: So if you want to go see Kenton Place, and you want to see Chavell and Marilyn Manson in Blue October and all the other great bands, you got to get the ticketmaster dot com get your tickets we'll see you out there on Saturday, May twenty fourth. Now I do I have some tickets that I gotta get to you, just because I got so excited about the local business. You know, three eleven and bat Flower is playing this Friday night at the seven one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: And I'll make good on those tickets. I'll give it.
Speaker 1: Those are also available at Ticketmaster, but i'll take caller ten right now. Seven one three two one two five ninety four five will get you in Friday Night.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five, ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, here we are eight fifty five the morning.
Speaker 2: Is it going by quick or slow mo?
Speaker 4: This whole week is gone by so fast. I'm having the best time.
Speaker 2: Okay, But you can say anything you want. I hate drag, like God, does this show Drag coming up? Next hour?
Speaker 1: Alternative Income closer to around nine ten. We'll give you a crack at that one thousand dollars, and then we've got tickets to go see Shine Down. Chili should be dealing chili. Just grab somebody. I'm sorry, we got to go. Just grab somebody. Let me know who's the winner of the three eleven bad flower tickets that I offered up because we've.
Speaker 2: Got to move right into one final time. MO please use his headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, good morning, a happy conclave. If I'm not Catholic, but I know today is a big day for y'all. And we're sitting around watching for smoke to rise from the chimney atop the sixteene Chapel to let us know if we have a new pope or not. White smoke means we've elected one. Black smoke means another vote is needed. We're watching this like eating popcorn right now. It's not supposed to happen till like seven pm tonight, just for to set your standards.
Speaker 2: We'll break in.
Speaker 1: This will be your announcement, all right.
Speaker 2: And then we will make then announcement.
Speaker 4: Yes, good to no cab it ready, but just to say your tations. It's not till tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, that's how we're gonna set the state.
Speaker 4: Good to know, Good to know. It was a big meet up yesterday. Canadian Prime Minister visited President Trump at the White House and they were talking in of trade tensions. But the headline that everyone is picking up on latching onto is that Trump suggested that Canada be the fifty first United States and the Prime minister said Canada is not for sale.
Speaker 2: That's how he got voted in. That's how he literally got voted in.
Speaker 4: By saying, Canada's prime minister, we will Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I mean they kind of had enough of Trudeau to say We're not going to be another yep state.
Speaker 2: Is that real?
Speaker 4: It's like we really thought that was going to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, it just it was being said, huh, and Trudeau was on his way out, and that's the Liberal Party and stuff that I just said, this is never going to happen. It's like, okay, vote for him. That's how he.
Speaker 2: Got in there. So he had to hold strong in front of Trump.
Speaker 4: It's Teacher's Week this week. Y'all, y'all prepare your teachers. I feel like all we've been hearing about his teachers. But did you also know it's Nurses Week and National Pet Week?
Speaker 2: Too much in one week?
Speaker 4: That's a lot to celebrate. A poll in honor of National Pet Week. I know we're all dog people. The poll said that forty four percent dog owners can at least have one meal a day with a ritual for their dog, like a chowbell a bell, I'm the rear. You have to do a trick to get a treat. They sprinkle extra cheese on top of the kibble, like weird things that people do during meal time.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will not put cheese on the because VU will pick through all the kibble and spit it out and just eat the cheese. And there's food everywhere. She's, honest to God, does this. She's like, the cheese is way better than everything else in here, so it's the only acceptable thing.
Speaker 4: I will only eat cheese from now on, right, So everything else.
Speaker 1: So there's just kibble everywhere as she's trying to search for the cheese.
Speaker 2: So I don't do that.
Speaker 4: You don't have a ritual? No, I don't, Alex, No, what do you do you do at the same time every day? That's part of her ritual. I'm always fed. There's always food in the bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, free feed Yeah, I do that. I'm a free feeder too.
Speaker 4: What does that say about us, Rod, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, nobody. He gave me crap about it.
Speaker 1: Anytime you say you do something with a dog or a pet or kids, well, the studies have shown shut up.
Speaker 2: Shut up is in great shape.
Speaker 1: My kid tries to get into my dog's food.
Speaker 2: That's why we got let's go.
Speaker 4: They'll eat it once and then they'll forget about it.
Speaker 1: The new there's a new form of parenting. I didn't parenting, id I didn't.
Speaker 2: Talk about it yesterday.
Speaker 1: But it's whatever the letters for, find around and find out something like that. So that's a kind of parenting that's going on now. So me let her eat a little bit of that kibble and she'll realize that, oh, touch the fair not for me.
Speaker 4: You will see, we don't touch fire. Okay.
Speaker 2: F A f O.
Speaker 4: Interesting, y'all. Like the Blues Brothers. There's super fans out there.
Speaker 2: I love the Blues Brothers.
Speaker 1: I used to watch this with my grandma when I was a kid. Yeah, she thought that John Blue. She She's like, boy, he's so agile for such a big guy.
Speaker 2: He was, he was super agile.
Speaker 4: I find it interesting. The families of the late John Belushi and the very live Dan Ackroyd are the ones that are planning this new Blues Brothers universe. So they're gonna release new TV shows, movies, music, live events kind of to bring it back, to revive it if you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think it's a great franchise, and it's it's family friendly.
Speaker 2: Maybe get kids involved. The music is.
Speaker 1: Timeless, fair, Yeah, I think it's I think they're smart to kind of like relaunch the brand now.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven years ago the movie didn't work Blues Brothers two thousand, that was the.
Speaker 2: One with John Goodman. You're right, and that was kind of bad.
Speaker 1: The original one is a classic, Okay, the original one is just one of.
Speaker 4: The great They're releasing a book, Roday, Will you buy it? You said you don't read.
Speaker 2: I do, but I mean I want to.
Speaker 1: I want John Belushi rails of cocaine and stuff and all that.
Speaker 4: That we can't signed up for.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's a part of rering, you know, relaunching the franchise. I want the behind the scenes stuff with John Belushi.
Speaker 4: This is man, I know that, Rod.
Speaker 2: You do know this right.
Speaker 4: It's a new single yesterday from Mammoth that's called The End, And I know who sings and plays the guitar on it.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 4: Wolfe van Halen, Yeah, it is Wolfy. You know Wolfe's mom, Valerie Bertanelli.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nailed it.
Speaker 4: Make you thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got me. She goes by Wolfe's mom on socials.
Speaker 4: Wolfe's mom as god, I come in. She didn't. She posted a bikini picture recently. I saw that too, Yeah she did.
Speaker 2: She's thirsty.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently everyone's are really excited about this new song and the music video. The music video is a take on the ninety six from Dusk Till Dawn video directed by the same guy. Wolfe's mom is in the video and one of the stars of the OG movie is.
Speaker 2: In them, Danny Trey Hoo. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Wolfe's playing his dad's guitar, the Frankenstein on this song.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 1: And he just put out a video and he's showing, you know, the part that he uses his dad's guitar and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. Music blog is a musty today, for sure.
Speaker 4: He's very talented.
Speaker 2: That's an I'm a base too right in the base sports guy.
Speaker 8: The Ascros fell of the Brewers last night, four to three. They gave up four runs the first and couldn't come back from that. They're gonna wrap up their series with Milwaukee this afternoon. Framer Valve does have be in the Mountain. For this Strows going up against the Brewers, Quinn Priester. Priester, I hardly know her. The first pitch is at twelve ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the NBA Playoffs, the Pacers got by the Cavs one twenty to one nineteen and the Warriors beat the Timberwolves ninety nine to eighty eight. And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Hurricanes topped the Capitals in overtime two to one, and the Oilers beat the Golden Knights four two. And in soccer, Houston Dynamo FC is gonna be on the road tonight. They're gonna play the Phoenix Rising in the US Open Cup Round of sixteen. That I'll kick off at seven thirty and you can watch it on CBS Sports Network or Paramount Plus.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five, The Buzz, Look.
Speaker 2: At Park and Break to have it. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 1: Thirty chance of us Pesky Showers Parkley Cloudy eighty five will be the high alternative income chance to win one thousand dollars. Hey, we gave aways some cash already today on the show. We had a pretty successful one. We played the well, we had our friends, the Texas Hammers. We had mister Adler playing the game risk It for the Biscuit.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Seven hundred dollars went to Reagann.
Speaker 2: Reagan was the kid.
Speaker 1: You're right, you know, I don't think Reagan's getting money, but I think Reagan should get a pretty large cut of that. Reagan was the kid who told her dad on the phone what number to hold out for? Seven hundred dollars given away today at seven to twenty, we'll play the Texas Hammer well with the Texas Hammers.
Speaker 2: We'll play Risk It for.
Speaker 1: The Biscuit again tomorrow, and we'll play again on Friday. As I said, we're going to play all week. So pretty fun, pretty fun. Adam, Adam, the copp is a reminder, Yes, first ballot, the smoke is expected just after seven pm their time.
Speaker 2: That'll be about one o'clock our time.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that time. He's doing the time, said local time. And I was like who's local. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Adam, Vatican Time, Vatican City Time. You have mentioned all the different weeks that are going on.
Speaker 2: That's Mo.
Speaker 1: By the way, MO up on our Instagram right now at rod Ryan Show, Kenton Place, Big morning for us. Kenton Place is the local band that's going to be bringing on Buzzfest. So that was a huge thing today and then we're kind of catching up on all the weeks. So we knew that it was teacher Appreciation Week because I know that the PTA.
Speaker 4: At my kids' school asks for all your money the animals, the.
Speaker 2: Animals, but they would take care of those teachers.
Speaker 1: So I knew that it was teacher Appreciation Week, Nurse Appreciation Week, National Pet Week.
Speaker 4: Yes, all three right now.
Speaker 2: I dug in a little bit.
Speaker 1: You were talking about how dog owners they have these different things they do, like at the time of their feet, eatings and stuff, and none of us seem to do anything weird, although fourteen percent of people say they set the table and sit down with them to eat at the same time.
Speaker 4: Fourteen is a really big number.
Speaker 1: That's a huge number for being that kind of on that level of crazy. You're setting the table and you and your dog are eating at the same time. Is there even one of you that listens to this show that does that unless Chili Last Last Supper style where Chili's.
Speaker 2: Like Jesus in the middle and then.
Speaker 4: All the dogs are flaming in either side.
Speaker 1: On either side, and the bed and all the dogs also. But I am picturing more the Last Supper and the dogs are his apostles, and Miss Pristina is bringing them all.
Speaker 4: Their bowls of food over their meal.
Speaker 16: Chili's got his bowl the feet too. They're all drinking. Oh my god, they're all drenking. They're all drinking the line.
Speaker 1: With somebody when somebody please make a picture of Chili Last Supper with all the dogs please.
Speaker 7: Oh, dude, that's regular for us.
Speaker 1: Dude, that could be bigger than the dogs playing poker.
Speaker 7: That's kind of how it looks. But we all got cigars.
Speaker 1: Oh that picture could be in every man cave in the country of you. And that's kind of crazy to think that people would sit and set the table. Now I thought it was crazy, do you know? Because I think she gets involved in things, so you might have met her. A good friend of mine. She did radio for a long long time. Do you know have you met Kelly Ryan?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay hair right, yes, curly, all the hair like you like you two have all the hair.
Speaker 2: Kelly is the best.
Speaker 1: We always tell everybody that we're cousins, but she is from the Buffalo area. And Kelly used to watch Voodoo once in a while. If I would go on vacation.
Speaker 2: Your dog, my dog, and and Kelly was the best.
Speaker 1: She's the dog whisper or she's the best with animals that I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: When Vou would.
Speaker 1: Eat over there, sweet potatoes, chicken, green beans, Wo did not want to come home to dry kibble.
Speaker 2: Kelly's one of those people that cooks for her dogs. I wish I was, and cooks and like meal preps.
Speaker 4: And does all good for your dog, right, chicken and vegetables and everything.
Speaker 1: Like she's insane like that, meaning, oh my god, that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm not that good. I'm not that good.
Speaker 4: I might start today. It's you just talked me into it.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: She would send me pictures of what Woo was eating, and I'm like, she's never coming home.
Speaker 2: She's never. She's like she's running around with you, rott Wiler. She's never gonna want to come home. Kelly will cook cook meals.
Speaker 4: Wow for the dogs.
Speaker 2: That's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, it is it's National Pet Week on top of every other week.
Speaker 2: That's out there.
Speaker 4: Sorry nurses, teacher.
Speaker 2: No really, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: We started to show off with a nurse, a nick you nurse, so I thought that was a great remind her. She's the one that kind of called us to remind us. Hey, you know it's you know, it's our week two. All right, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, here we go. Alternative income, a chance to one a thousand dollars. Get involved in our national contest texting and words and all that.
Speaker 9: Listen The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 4: The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody. All right, you're getting after that alternative income. Good for you. You're entering the keyword money. I heard I was paying attention.
Speaker 1: You entered that at the Buzz dot com. You'll find it right there on the mainframe.
Speaker 2: Log onto go buzz dot com. Good luck get that money. If you missed it, that's okay, you can still do it now.
Speaker 1: It's not the first person to get through, but Jeremy will do it all again. At ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve, ten, I mean ten after the hour, through Teresa.
Speaker 2: Five to ten, nine to five, ten after the hour. Alex Rod person wants some money today. Did you hate it? I did not hit it like I actually went a thousand dollars in. They could have won a thousand. They did risk for the best. Ye yesterday the job. I didn't hear anybody yelling.
Speaker 4: Online it's alix online.
Speaker 2: The mush what you're doing today?
Speaker 1: Oh well, everybody's looking at smoke or waiting for smoke, But you don't need to do that with today's Today's l is called is there a new Pope?
Speaker 8: And all you gonna do is click the link on today's AOL at the well finished trot Ryan and show page to the buzz dot com and it will say yes or no.
Speaker 2: Right now it says no, that's it.
Speaker 8: So as soon as they find a new pope, you'll click that link.
Speaker 2: And you'll say, yes, did you make this website? Not someday, but like, why do you need to look at smoke? Yes or no? What's the opposite of high tech? Low tech?
Speaker 8: This is very exactly high tech, because there's just low tech. They have to burn stuff this is just the computer. This is more high tech than what they have.
Speaker 2: What is your AOL today? Google dot com? No, is there a pope? A new pope dot com is pretty much is okay. It'll say yes or no than you right now? Update? No, still thank you? Still no new post. That's the latest lucky to oh.
Speaker 7: I just keep it up on your desk.
Speaker 8: Just keep it up in the background. You can check every now and then whenever you think about it. Will famous Rod Ryan Show page, the bus dot com.
Speaker 2: Think we have that Ryan Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz Theory of a dead Man in Medicaid.
Speaker 2: So all, good morning, we rot Ryan's show. Thank you, thank you, thank you for having us on today. I think I threw people off for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of a I threw them off a little bit when I had mentioned that ditch Day information has been on our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: I'd have to ask chili. But at least all week.
Speaker 1: It tells you that the where and the when we have I guess I hadn't talked about it on the air.
Speaker 4: What about a couple of texts? Rod, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Ditch Day?
Speaker 1: So it started out as something that came up with we came up, but I came up with Senior Skip Day. And did you do that when you're in high school? Was there a completely unauthorized by the school.
Speaker 4: They would the theme park.
Speaker 2: They would threaten that you wouldn't be able to walk.
Speaker 4: No graduating if you go to the theme park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And it was just it was this. It was organized but non sanctioned for Senior Skip Day. And it was pre internet. It just everybody knew when it was happening.
Speaker 4: We had the Internet.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, right, I was pre Internet, but Senior Skip Day. Yes, So I said, well, why don't we do this. We're adults, Let's just do Senior Skip Day. I got tired of explaining what it was, so.
Speaker 2: That we changed the name to Ditch Day.
Speaker 1: And everybody knows what it means to ditch out on school work whenever. And it was day drinking chilean reason. This information has been up for days now, hasn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been out. Uh they maybe Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I did it on Tuesday, yesterday or last week?
Speaker 7: Oh no, actually no, it's been Monday.
Speaker 2: Then okay, yeah, I did it Monday.
Speaker 15: And then I have a I have a web page ready for Linds and Giz, but I don't know. I haven't posted it yet because we don't have enough details, right, So.
Speaker 7: That's why I'm just okay, why doesn't give me the go ahead? I'll just start, you know, doing everything.
Speaker 1: It's uh, June thirteenth. I'm not looking at anything. I'm going to memory.
Speaker 4: It's a Friday, Friday, June thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a lot going on that weekend that happens to be Father's Day weekend. But again, just getting trumpet Father's Day doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 4: Fag Day is what you're talking about, right, Flag Day. It's also Fag Day.
Speaker 1: Metallica weekend. Metallica will be in town on Saturday, so our party will be on Friday. It'll start at around noon. We're going to be back over like we're just basically living at Cactus Cove right now, but that's where it's been for the last couple of years. And Mo, it'll be your first one. There's nothing You're like, Rod, there must be something more to this, Like what else is why are you doing this? It's to drink during the day, that's it. It's just to skip out. It's a ditch day, and that's all it is.
Speaker 4: But I've heard there's something about like a shot.
Speaker 1: There is a shot, there will be a shot, and I guess I could open up the floodgates on that, much like there's a there's a band list name, which we'll get into that some other time. But we need to come up with a name.
Speaker 2: Of a shot.
Speaker 1: I let everybody, I'm gonna keep talking like I don't hear him. So what we will let We'll let Gunner and his staff come up with the shot, the actual ingredients of the shot. We are tasked. I know I'm gonna hate myself for doing this. We are tasked for coming up with the name. Apparently Chili has a name I suggest Oh god, I thought you were ignoring him.
Speaker 2: The dump button? Where is it?
Speaker 7: It's a good one.
Speaker 2: I want you to get in front of it.
Speaker 1: I want you to be I want your hands hovering over it, like you're going over an intersection and your foot is on the brake pedal right above it, and there's just a bunch of children crossing the road.
Speaker 2: What is your suggestion, Chili?
Speaker 15: In honor of mo okay, more mo bounds to buns mo bound than an ounce or something like that, Mo, bounce to the ounce.
Speaker 2: More MO, bounce to the ounce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mo, that like a sick girl. Reference, bounce to the reference.
Speaker 15: Don't worry about it. After you take the shot and you'll be talking. Trust me, trust me, I know Chilli.
Speaker 1: I think what we need to do is get the dry erase board ready and we'll start. We'll start taking the suggestions for the names in years past. I don't know if Other John curates this. He kind of curates everything on the show. If Other John, if you have like the list of all the other Shot names, I don't know that Other John comes to this though. He's like, he's like a smart, like working guy. I don't think he just drinks during the day with degenerates record, but he keeps track of all the silliness of this show. So I don't know if anybody out there has a list of all the former Shot names. But I know one was called crap Johnson because he yelled that out during reading my Lips one year and our friend back in the old Lucky's days, she created a shot and then she put a toutsy roll and she bent it over and then everybody got crap Crap Johnson yeah, there might have been a in the early days, there might have been a statutory grape.
Speaker 4: I see where we're going.
Speaker 1: But then there was some I mean, there was the there was the black Hole Sun and that was after Chris.
Speaker 2: Cornell passed away.
Speaker 1: I think I think the name of that shot was the black Hole Sun and I think there was a hashtag Houston Sunrise. So it's not always it's not always something dirty, but a lot of times it is. There was a chili brown shot, Chili brown shot. So if you want to start sending me your suggestions, usually it does have something to do. There's some sort of connective tissue to things that we've talked about on the show.
Speaker 4: The ham td ham.
Speaker 1: Have we ever done the ham titty or is that just is that something that's I mean, I don't think that's a new phrase on this show.
Speaker 7: But we haven't done that shot though.
Speaker 2: I feel like it would be salty. It would be I never can salty and salty and milky. I don't never tell them what to do that. That's not my thing. Camera.
Speaker 1: I don't come up with the ingredients. I let the pros do that. But what we do is we come up with the stupid name for the show. So that's something that is on our Facebook gage Day, ditch Day. It is January thirteen, June thirteenth, thank you Friday Friday, and I am well, I don't want to say what.
Speaker 2: I told the radio wizard. If I say it on the air, maybe it'll come to fruition.
Speaker 1: What I said, boy, would be really great to give away a pair of tickets to Metallica.
Speaker 4: At ditch Day for the show the next night.
Speaker 1: I asked them, I said, is there any world that we live in? And I can't make promises, but I'm telling you that I asked you, and that's it I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: Now I said it on the air. I asked them, I said, is.
Speaker 1: There any world that we live in that we could maybe have a sign of box at ditch Day to give away a pair of tickets to Metallica for the next night.
Speaker 4: What did he How did he react?
Speaker 1: Is like without saying any words, he grafts spreadsheet like he.
Speaker 2: Didn't say anything. So it's a yes, Scooba Scuba Scuba. I don't know what he said. I don't remember, but he didn't say no. So I've asked. But now now it's out there. Everybody knows ditch Day is happening. I'm pooped the buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, ninety four or five the buzz. That's Green Day, this is your rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: That's Mo, that's Alex. There's Chile over there, and.
Speaker 1: Uh, I appreciate all of the love. Hit us up on all the different things today. Hit us up on the different social media platforms. I've mentioned it several times at rod Ryan's show at Kenton Place. Hit up those guys, man can ratulations to them. That's the local band that's going to bring on Buzzfest all presented by Love Street Blonde. They're the band, they're the chosen ones this year, and they're going to be up there on the main stage at the Woodlands Pavilion, which Chavelle, Marilyn Manson blocked over po d Evans Blue, and the list goes on and on and on. It's May twenty fourth, so you can get your tickets now at Ticketmaster locations.
Speaker 2: We do have a pretty good.
Speaker 1: Giveaway coming up on no the show. A band that we played just a little while ago. But I told you guys several times today on the show that I thought that the looking at Girls' blog page.
Speaker 2: Alex, you were right when he did trending.
Speaker 1: Now you said that the wild Card Wednesday today was trending, and it was. It's a number one blog page. It's a fraud line. It's a fraul line. She's my dad would call. My dad would call those big beer mugs. He would call them shoopers. There's nothing more than my dad loved on this planet than sitting down with a nice cold shuper of beer. And have you ever seen those like Saint Pauli girls, those German girls, Yes out but they got four armed like Popeye, and you don't know even how they're carrying that amount of beers, Like there's no way working out.
Speaker 2: I could never lift all that. She's one of those. She's got like all the beers and wow. So that's what I'm competing against.
Speaker 1: But the Looking at Girls blog page is really really good today, Alex. I know you're crazy for the met Gala.
Speaker 4: He's still recovering.
Speaker 2: Lisa just goes by Lisa right.
Speaker 1: I think she might have been on one of the white lotuses, one of the white load eyes. She was the one that had Rosa parks on her panties. And somehow they're trying to see her panties. Of course, dude, it's the met Gala.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know, you know the one.
Speaker 2: How do you get away with Rosa Parks on your panties? You don't listen to anybody that tells you to take them off.
Speaker 1: Because the headline right there says Rosa Parks panties. Yeah, there are Rosa Parks panties. They're not hers.
Speaker 2: I mean, no.
Speaker 1: Disrespect, no, no, no no, but those are Rosa Parks panties.
Speaker 2: Rosa Parks is on the panti correct.
Speaker 4: It was part of the theme of the outfit.
Speaker 1: But there's some great explanation like, well, here's where it is.
Speaker 2: You're getting mixed up in the.
Speaker 4: Messages and the messaging. Yes, we'd get it straight.
Speaker 1: You can backpedal all you want on that, all right, So that's their only fans. This girl's earning fifty million dollars. Unbelievable the amount of money. Okay, this is what I want to mention. I'm looking at girls blog page. Go for the pictures, stay for the articles. Texas is the top five kinkiest state in the nation. I find Texas to be pretty conservative. You've been a few places mo.
Speaker 4: A Lady in the Street.
Speaker 1: A naughty website released the list of kinkiest states.
Speaker 2: Top five Nevada okay, easy.
Speaker 1: With Vegas Vegas, so it's the state though it's Nevada. Colorado in at number two. I think people in Colorado are having a good time.
Speaker 2: Oregon. I don't really know what's going on there.
Speaker 1: Texas followed by Wyoming, Yeah, I can.
Speaker 2: The sample size is so small in Miami.
Speaker 1: There's probably like one s wing nut that's all set the bondage and it's more like, let's try this, right, Texas Top five kinky state. I believe it's still on the books. That's if you have a certain amount of vibrators, it's illegal. Illegal that is. I think it's still well, really.
Speaker 2: What's the number you're maxed out at? Five? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think that's it.
Speaker 2: I think you have more than five. Yeah, it's on the books, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, one of those wacky laws that they always talk about.
Speaker 1: Is it the states that come across that maybe it's like, okay, not a lot going on, but it's behind the doors that it gets wild.
Speaker 4: Maybe we just have a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Well there's that too, but I think they all, oh, they do like all things. All that stuff is averaged down and waited out.
Speaker 4: So I don't know what it is. I do know that Organ's on the list because they have the most strip clubs per capita.
Speaker 2: Oh, I believe in the state of Oregon.
Speaker 4: Yes, or maybe it's the city of Portland something. There's a stat about ladies clubs.
Speaker 2: We used to have that.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, Houston was known for that and then they would fact and move right, but they would factor in the nose zoning and stuff.
Speaker 2: If you have a strip club.
Speaker 4: Question, talk to talk to the question the overnight manager at Heartbreakers.
Speaker 2: Well, Chillie, how long ago are.
Speaker 1: We still in the discussion because Tampa's in there too. Are we still thought of as being one of the cities that has the.
Speaker 2: Most strip joints? Or is that gone away?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's gone away.
Speaker 15: I think we're more now like entertainment whisky entertainment period. And the reason that a lot of strip clubs started kind of going away, it was because Mayor Bill White. He's the one that started implementing a lot of new rules that kind of made it hard for the strip clubs to survive and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Bill White, as the mayor started on the same day as me when I started on the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when his mayoral ship started. Yeah.
Speaker 15: So but you know, if you got any more questions, you know, let me know, ask me anything I got.
Speaker 7: I still know a couple of entertainment female.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Chili's keeping her kinky numbers up. So that's where Texas is coming in as a top five kinky state.
Speaker 4: Thank you for.
Speaker 2: All the work. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Thought you said something else. All right, shine down tickets. I know the show coming up, Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show, six am, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: I utilized my time to get the dry erase board ready here in the studio, was on commercial break there and we have the ditch day shot suggestions list.
Speaker 1: Now, James, this is never going to pass because it was a miserable day for me, Alex. He suggested double overtime.
Speaker 2: I like that. I don't like that. I love it. It was a horrible time.
Speaker 4: We didn't do was and it was Chili and we went into double over time and you guys are still doing it.
Speaker 2: Let's see. And then finally, these are just a few that are coming in us.
Speaker 1: Some aren't worthy. Oh, one mo shot. The name of the shot. The name of the shot is one mo shot. Just give me one more shot, give me two shot.
Speaker 4: There's a lot you can.
Speaker 2: Get this one mo shot. I don't hate that.
Speaker 1: We're talking about ditch day, We're talking about the name of our shot, and people hurt us and they're already sending their suggestions.
Speaker 2: In a lot of times, it's as well.
Speaker 1: Almost in every case it's been based on something silly that happened or was said on the show. Okay, I have tickets to go see Shine Down the Dance Kid Dance Tour, Bear Tooth Bush and Morgan Wade on this show.
Speaker 2: So that's an interesting Morgan Wade yeas to that, right.
Speaker 7: That's very interesting.
Speaker 2: And we said, boy, I wonder what he's like. I get it. Phones got lit up rod. It's not a dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, you said that.
Speaker 2: I hope he's cool.
Speaker 4: She yeah, And I know about the housewives in the Real House.
Speaker 2: I got the thing, Kyle Richard, I got the whole thing. Okay, So for tickets know the show. What's your question?
Speaker 4: My question? Today? During the Fresh out of Bed head to Head challenge, Steve the Bread man made a reference to his wife.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: His wife's name was also the name of the person he took on today in that fresh out of bed headted challenge. So who is Steve's wife?
Speaker 2: Beater too?
Speaker 4: He did beater today.
Speaker 2: Beater on the radio.
Speaker 1: Beating A beating went down on the radio this morning. Seven.
Speaker 2: If you know the.
Speaker 5: Show, The Buzz is right in your market, Tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeart Radio Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. That's three doors down. It's wild Card Wednesday. Thank you so much for spending your morning with us. It's greatly appreciated.
Speaker 1: Nine fifty seven. We're getting ready to wrap up the show. We got one last thing we got to do, though.
Speaker 2: Please now time for know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 4: L La la la La La La La la la La.
Speaker 1: Somebody emailed us by the name of Monkey and they said, what about her A shot name the Risky Biscuit. Yes, I don't hate that.
Speaker 2: Give me a risky Biscuit.
Speaker 1: I like the name of that shot. Again, I don't care what's in it. We're just responsible for coming up with a good name. Let's bring Jeremy on the show. Jeremy, you're on in like a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Can't you wait? Or this is a different Jeremy. He doesn't work here. Okay, you don't work here to do you?
Speaker 7: No? I don't.
Speaker 1: This is another Jeremy. Okay, cool name, Jeremy. Welcome to know the show. Please say hello to mo.
Speaker 2: Hello, what's up?
Speaker 4: Thank you friend. I'm happy to be here. I'm happy you're here as well. How do you feel about my question this morning?
Speaker 2: Think you got it really good?
Speaker 4: It's really good. Wow, I thought it was kind of hard the question. In the Fresh out of Bad Headhead challenge this morning, Steve the bread Man beat a lady, and he referenced that his wife also has the same name as that lady.
Speaker 2: So what do we got?
Speaker 4: What was her name?
Speaker 2: It's also the same name as my sister, Wendy.
Speaker 1: Okay, whoa, it's not that Hello Helloa excited? Wrong button, Jeremy, Oh that's winning button. You got shined down tickets.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Right, let's go first.
Speaker 1: All right, did you say it's the first time you won something up with us? Yes, they're no kidding dude. Congratulations, man, that's awesome. I'm happy for you. Thank you so much for being on the show today. You sound great, Jeremy, and then that other cool Jeremy Benson is coming up next.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, right on, thank you very much for rot. All right.
Speaker 1: So Steve the Breadman made it win number three three this morning. He'll be back on with us tomorrow at six twenty. And he has been pulling some chicks on the show.
Speaker 4: He would like credit for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then let's see risk it for the biscuit.
Speaker 4: That was Keith. He won seven hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars and Reagan was the kid.
Speaker 4: Reagan was his daughter and told him when to star, hold out for seat, don't don't say it stop until seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Kenton Place. They're the big winners on Bring On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde.
Speaker 2: Those guys and deserving, very deserving. Man. They're great.
Speaker 1: They're gonna bring on Buzzfest. They're gonna be the opening band. So let's make sure that they get to mention every single time we talk about Buzzfest. And added to the already stellar lineup of Chavelle, Marilyn Manson Blue October Pod Evans Blue, Stabby Westward, and Sleep Theory tickets on sale at Ticketmaster and it's a great addition.
Speaker 2: And all your friends and family and everything, man, they all better be there.
Speaker 1: Better be there early too to check them out because they go on early. I don't have the time for Buzzfest yet. That probably won't until we get a little closer to the show. We'll have all that stuff tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 2: Is that miss anything?
Speaker 1: No, you're great today, So tomorrow risk it for the biscuit again seven twenty.
Speaker 2: Don't miss out.
Speaker 1: We'll continue giving away tickets three day weekend passes for the second weekend of ace L October tenth through the twelfth. We'll have more Buzzfest tickets now with Kenton Place on the lineup, I met, and people are gonna be really coming at those tickets and all the good stuff that we that we've been doing. All Right, Jeremy is up next. We're on a twenty hour break. We're back tomorrow. We'll do it better. It's Throwback Thursday, It's sticks to Gram Thursday, and it's Moe's first read.
Speaker 2: My lips tomorrow. Yes, why did I say that? You look like you just got the memo you knew it.
Speaker 4: Was, but I didn't realize it was Thursday. I'm unprepared tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm unprepared Thursday your first refund lips.
Speaker 1: Who would you rather play? Because we don't know we're gonna flip a coin? Yeah, who would you rather play? I mean, Alex is really bad at it.
Speaker 2: All right, way to go? All right, Tomorrow's gonna be fun. Guys have an awesome Wednesday. AMF. Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 6: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff Will Be podcast, check it out on the world's famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.