Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: This segment's brought to you by her title Barbecue, some of the best barbecue could ever have. Locations in Mansfield, fort Worth, and Arlington, two locations in globali Field, and now one new location at the Dallas Farmer's Market. Skin you went down there this weekend, would you have? I had a little I have to have a brisket toast out every time I go, oh my god, that's my favorite thing in the damn world. I had a cold roller Town big German because they got that in juice errem on tap that's from our brewery Rollertown up there in Slana. And then we shared a big We got like a pound of turkey and all cut some off of it, threw down on that.
Speaker 1: The sauce is great. Then we got a side.
Speaker 2: Of the corn the Lovetao, and then we got brisket beans.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it was incredible, so so very good.
Speaker 2: So if you want to treat yourself to something special tonight for dinner, tomorrow for lunch, go check out her tittle Barbecue, some of the best on planet Earth, the best barbecue. Before we go to sports, KT sent a clip. KT is still getting over the butt flu. Yeah, he's not doing well. He said he's gone through like thirty seven of underwear and he likes those big white briefs, like to pull him up super high, real high.
Speaker 1: Oh Hi, that sound we got his underwear? Micd up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what it sounds like. So he's not back today and probably won't be back tomorrow. But he did send us a clip from the family Feud. Do we need to say anything to set this up, Christina?
Speaker 1: Uh no, because he'll ask the question. So I'll just I'll just like go here the name of the US state that is part of New England.
Speaker 2: Spain, state that is part of New England, Spain.
Speaker 1: But do you guys know the states in New England? I did they say how many there were? They didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to look at that story because the answers were all answers I would have given besides Spain.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So to me, I think it's Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island. That's all New England, I think. So I've always thought it was Boston. I thought it was just the Boston area. I don't even know what that means. So massachutt you know, Boston's in Massachue, so for sure that but I thought it included Vermont.
Speaker 1: Maybe not Vermont. I'm very confident includes Maine. Why are they the New England Patriots there? We represent this region? Yeah, I think so. God do you get that? Is that the only sports team claiming like six states?
Speaker 2: Well, you know the thing is that I would say, I mean, that's a fair point, but like you're never gonna get teams in Vermont and Connecticut. But like all those states combined don't even equal California. So like back when the Angels used to be the California Angels, for example, I guess it's just similar to that, because you're talking about a population there are separate states. Yeah, no, I agree. I just those states are so close together. Like when we used to go visit Tricia's dad up in Maine, we would suddenly we'd drive five feet and then we're in New Hampshire. You know, it's just like they're all just in Texas is like one side to the next, and you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I got them. There's six of them. Okay, you got Maine, New Hampshire, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Massachusetts, yes, uh, Connecticut, yes, uh, Vermont, Rhode Island, see, okay, I got them all. Thank you everybody put me on the feud.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly if that's what the survey said, but oh, good point. But it definitely didn't say Spain. So all right, uh, there you have it. There's a little family feud entertainment for you. But right now it's stip for this listeners. Here comes kt tweets. We're around.
Speaker 2: Now, let's go around the sports KTD tweets as all the sports. Yeah, oh man, I'm I'm keeping up. Have you been keeping up with old Mike Basseck He's oh no, yeah, dude, Mike has an amazing opportunity.
Speaker 1: He is going to be on the Rangers TV broadcast.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: He does a great job of that. But he's a hardcore sports fan and.
Speaker 2: He's one of the most emotional sports fans I've ever met. Yeah, which is always interesting because he played professional sports and so it's.
Speaker 1: Very rare that a guy that was a pro acts like that.
Speaker 2: He's quit the NBA, he's not gonna can't be a fan of it anymore. But I just saw his tweet below the one I'd pulled up. Now, this one is equally heartbreaking, which is a lot of this news. But so Ramona Shelburne, who has really done a good job with Tim McMahon of covering the Luca trade for ESPN. Right, if there's anything that's Laker related and then also Clipper, but specifically Laker, if it's coming from her, it's like when something comes from Mark Stein for the Mavericks.
Speaker 1: She knows she's plugged in.
Speaker 2: Well, she was talking about the Lakers trade last night for Mark Williams of the Hornets. That's a great trade for them because super long arms, he can catch oops from Luca. Yeah, he's Do you remember when we lost that terrible game to Charlotte. I think he had twelve in the fourth quarter if I remember correctly. So she said the assets of the Lakers were able to use in this deal were the assets that did not go to Dallas and the Luca deal. Yep, hey, man, look, Nico's gotta wear that. Yeah, if you know, I get that he wants Anthony Davis.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: But when universally everyone who evaluates these things say how did you not get more assets? That's part where he when he does his own self evaluation, goes man. I guess if everyone feels this way, maybe I should have gotten more, but you know, it's the past is the past. I would have loved to have had both Lakers first round picks, and I bet if they did have both Lakers for I mean, hey, man, connect he's a good shooter.
Speaker 1: I would have loved to have him whatever, but we didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm not super concerned about that, but I will say, just trying to be fair, if the Mavericks did get both of those Lakers first round picks, I'm very confident there would have been another deal that was made to add another player to this roster because they would have been sitting on all four picks and trade. I guess, let's just say I don't have a good handle on this. One of the things that is hurting with the Metroplex, whether real or not. People in DFW are looking at this going, man, you just shortened the window, like now we're gonna win it with guns for hire, so to speak. You know, guys, we're not fully invested in in one guy, and you traded the guy we were most invested in. Yeah, and there's a six year age gap, so you just expedited all in to hear Nico talk about the window that's open.
Speaker 1: He's talking about a two to three year.
Speaker 2: Window where right or wrong, I think most of us in the Metrobucks will going We got about a twelve year window with Luca. That may be irrational, but that's the way we looked at it. So let's just say that. You know, they expedited it, they moved it forward. We got to go for it now before Oklahoma City matures and Wimby is going to be a monster. So we have we have a two We got to this year and next year. Are is our opportunity? Gotta go now it's this year and next year and maybe the next year. But guys will be getting pretty old by then, so they're good. So this year, next year, so a year and a half to two and a half years total if they trade all of their picks after that. So in the years where they're terrible, are they going to have their draft picks for those years? I mean I think they have a lot of them now they do. Yeah, okay, good, because that's what I I cause like to me. Let me look at if you're gonna hit rock bottom and then I don't want to be middle of the pack, you know me. I'm team Tank. I either want to contend or I want to tank. And if you are, once you're done trying to compete with a much older team and it's time to punt. I just want to load up on draft picks and I want to have the worst record in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the other thing I would say is, you know, you just don't know what is or isn't going to happen, you know. I mean, there's a lot of people that work in pro sports are like man, thinking beyond five years is insanity, and especially in the NBA, which the way that players just force movement all the time, Like, dude, go do just go track the Jimmy Butler career. And here's the other thing you brought up a I hadn't thought about it. You brought this up the other day, and I can't get past it. The second most tenured Maverick is Jaden Hardy, who's in his third year. I mean, and my point being, that's how quickly rosters turn over, right, So you know, look, this losing Luca sucks. I love Luca, but I also think this team is going to be great. I'm excited to watch them play when they're fully functional. I think they can compete for a championship. I'm very interested in that. But to your point, like getting all stressed out over what this thing's going to look like in five years, Jaden Hardy is the second most tenured Maverick, right, And so I'm gonna look this up right quick, because there's this website where you can look at future first round picks. And so here's the ones that the Mavericks have outgoing if you want to, like I do want to know, Okay, I'm getting there, I'm getting there. I'm doing it in real time. Ben, All right, here's the ones that are out going. They and I'm not going to read the second round pick.
Speaker 1: With it, you know, I don't need those.
Speaker 2: But so the first round pick in this next draft would be considered a twenty twenty five pick, right right, So the Mavericks here's outgoing first round picks outgoing.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: That means that they don't own it anymore. Okay, okay, they have their loose they don't have their twenty twenty seven pick. Okay, so they have their next two they don't have. Oh okay, then you start getting in all these weird protections. Oklahoma City has the right to swap twenty twenty eight picks. Okay, so the Mavericks have the twentieth pick, Oklahoma City has a twenty eighth. Oklahoma City can swap that, and then the Mavericks have the twenty eighth or whatever it's going to be. That's going to be bad because Oklahoma City will be the best or second best team in the NBA in twenty twenty eight, presumably though, the Mavericks would be the twenty third pick. So like, it's marginally bad presumable, what do you mean, I mean in twenty twenty eight, I still expect the Mavericks to be really, really good, so their pick wouldn't be like unless there's a ton of injuries right well at that point, So you've got Kyrie is thirty three, So that's Kyrie's thirty four to thirty five h thirty six season durrants thirty six right now. Yeah, and he was one of the biggest most coveted guys in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Not true.
Speaker 2: So they don't have their twenty seven pick. They don't have their twenty nine pick, so they don't have that. Nope, that is going to Houston or Brooklyn, depending on how everything shakes out, oh dear, uh and they and that's it. Now there's a pick swap in twenty thirty, but they still have the pick. So basically there's two picks that are completely out the door, twenty seven and twenty nine.
Speaker 1: And it's not good. It's not great.
Speaker 2: Well, twenty seven you would hope is still in this window, like you should still be competing, and they're also I guess you could also look at it like this. If things start going south, you could also sell off to go get other picks, like presumably if you're or ad, Yeah, if you if things are going south and those guys still have gas in the tank, you could get a nice rebuild hole for those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah at that point maybe absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: So uh all right, and let me ask you this, and maybe Laker fans are different, but the whole mercenary thing, Yeah, who on the Lakers is like a Laker? Well, you mean if they went and won it this year, any year? Oh well, you know what I'm saying. Right, it's like Lebron James been there since he was what thirty six? But to me, like restarting with Luca is you have a baby goat. Yeah, still so it's almost like he is a teenage goat. Yeah, like he's he's been in the league for seven years now, six six seven years.
Speaker 1: I think this is his seventh season.
Speaker 2: You went out and acquired a global iconic superstar who's still just a baby, who's still just twenty five.
Speaker 1: So I think that's so.
Speaker 2: I still think that's that doesn't feel like a mercenary gun for hire. I always think of the gun for hire guys as being guys that are older at the end of their career going to get a ring, yeah right, right right, or guys that forced their way to a team and they won it as soon as they got there, and wait, I barely got to know him and they okay, we won. You know, it's different with Luca because we got him when he was a teenager.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, it's just it's just different.
Speaker 2: Right for the fans, you know, friend, you know, we're fans, We consider ourselves fans, So.
Speaker 1: It hits different. Man, it hurts.
Speaker 2: But they go win a championship the next two years, I'm gonna be ecstatic because, yeah, I've only experienced one Dallas Mavericks championship and I've been with the team since.
Speaker 1: Really night.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say I was with him in nineteen eighty. I don't remember anything from that season. I remember nineteen eighty one. I remember telling you about the MAVs in nineteen eighty eight. We were like, I'm out, yeah, I'm not even interested in that. When did the Cowboys play? I was like, wait, Abdul Jilani's not on the team anymore. But I have all these same feelings that all these other people have about how hurt I am.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: And then I watched that seventy six Ers game and I was wanting to win the whole time.
Speaker 1: You know, so don't you want to pull for baby Max Christy?
Speaker 2: So tonight the MAVs play the Celtics right here in ninety seven zero point one the Eagle. You know where we're going to be if you want to watch it with us. We're going to have a group therapy session at Rollertown of Brewy. We're invested in You're welcome to come join us.