Speaker 1: And hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Happy Wednesday to you. Welcome to the Big Podcast on this Wednesday, the twenty third day of July, Year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five. My name is Tom Sullivan. So we've got a trade deal with a big trade country talking about Japan. So I want to get into that with you today as well. That this kind of surprised because what was it a week or so ago they said, no, we're not getting anywhere with Japan. Japan is one of our biggest trading partners. So we'll fill you in on the detail there. The big sentencing of Brian Koberger. We've got a lot from that today. I mean we it went for hours, but we're not going to play that. But it was the day in which the families of the victims were able to address the court and address Brian Coberger. So it's it's it's interesting because there's lots of murders, sadly every day in America, but this one, I don't know the brutality of it, the innocence of the four college kids, the mystery of it. So we'll get we'll get into the Brian Colberger sentencing today or there was no surprise, and he was sentenced to life in prison four times over tariffs having some impact and Jeffrey Epstein a couple of people commenting about that. But that basically has been put on ice. I thought, until the Congress gets back to work. They're gone, they're on their August vacation. I know it's not August, but they think it is. So they've shut down, they've gone back. Well, they're going to probably hear about this when they get back to holding town halls or are they going to be afraid to hold town hall? So all of that in the in the show today. Let's let me start with the with Oh, let me start with this story out of La We know about the fires. They were the first week of January, wasn't it January fifth or something like that, And so here we are seven months later, and no, they promised that they would cut red tape and they were going to be able to get back in there and build their homes and all that sort of stuff. Well, people are moving in to Pacific Palisades and Alta Dina, but they're not the people that live there. And the government now wants to try and buy the properties because they want to make it low income housing. I mean, it's crazy. No, no, no, It's one of the most valuable pieces of real estate in Los Angeles. So let's start there. Because there's a guy who So, yeah, there was this guy, he's a building contractor in Los Angeles, and he got his phone out and started well kind of reporting on what's been going on in LA. The police, Sheriff's department, all of them are are overwhelmed, and squatters are starting to move into the property where these people had a home that burned down. Pacific Palisades particularly, but Altadena was also very expensive. We're talking multimillion dollar homes for a lot of them. There were also some older homes there that had been passed down through generations, so it wasn't all multi millionaires, but the property value was very high, especially Pacific Policas where you look out over the Pacific Ocean. So this contractor started looking around on what was going on, and apparently the Los Angeles Sheriff's office has talked to some of the survivors that homes are gone, addressing the fact that they got some squatters taking possession of these people's property. And so the sheriff Captain there said to owners, you better put up some sort of security fence because people are moving in. He thought you should get a four foot construction fence, put it around your property. So that the owners are being urged to fill out what's called a letter of agency. It gives the police power to boot somebody off your property. But most of these people are not living there anymore. They moved somewhere else and they're waiting for permission to go ahead and build. So's this guy is named Luke Melchior, and he has his camera out and he's reporting on what is going on to the poor property owners that had their homes burned down in La.
Speaker 3: Here is the latest insanity over here in the LA fire zones, Squatters are overtaking vacant lots that burn down, like this one right behind me. Here, this guy set up a whole camp site and I guess actually went down to the DMV listed this as his address on his driver's license, and the property owner can't get them off. The police even showed up and they said, we can't do anything about it.
Speaker 4: It's got to go to the courts. Here's another one right behind me.
Speaker 3: This is two right across the street from each other, squatters who have overtaken these properties, and the homeowners cannot get them off of the site. So if you're in Pacific Palisades or out to I'd get some security fencing up right away, or you might lose your property to a vagrant. And the county isn't going to do anything to help you.
Speaker 1: No, they're not, And they haven't done anything to help the victims of these fires. And you would think by now, seven months later, they'd be able to start the more than just start the process, they would have construction going by now. So Luke went into La apparently has some office they've set up called the one Stop Shop for people that were victims of the fire to come in, fill out the forums, get your building permit, and get going on rebuilding your home. I hope we can hear the official. But Luke sits down with one of the officials of this one stop shop and try to figure out whether or not he can get a home built there or not.
Speaker 3: All right, So I'm here at the City of La One Stop Rebuilding Center and I'm trying to get to the bottom of a couple things. Bass came out with a big press conference where she said we're going to waive all permit fees for Pacific Palisades fire victims. But we've submitted plans and we found out that those permit fees were not waived. So we're going to come here right to the source, and we're going to find out what's going on with that publicity stunt, she polds, And we're also going to try and find out exactly how many permits have been issued, because by the looks of it, things are going pretty slow.
Speaker 5: People have to see stuff getting done.
Speaker 6: So I saw Mayor Bass came out and was saying that all permit fees are going to be waived, But I don't think that's happened yet. We paid fees on a couple other permits. Yeah, is there going to be a refund on those?
Speaker 4: Or waved is not the correct word.
Speaker 6: They're suspended, Okay, as of right now, how long is it taking for once a plan reaches you guys, for it to be approved.
Speaker 4: Do you know what we can expect for the fire rebuilds? Who is kind of out of our hands. Do you know how many permits have been issued so far? Very very few.
Speaker 7: I don't have a statistics on that, very very hut.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much. You've been super helpful. I appreciate it. All right, So we.
Speaker 3: Just left the La City One Stop Rebuilding Center. So just because you haven't paid permit fees yet, you still may have to in the future. And for those of you who have paid permit fees, myself being one of those, you may or may not get a refund. So this was nothing more than a publicity's done and we can expect nothing else from Karen Bass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not happy. And I don't know if you could hear the official, but he goes, have they been waved? Is not the right word, suspended? Very bureaucrat about the word. And then how many have been how many permittive have you approved? Well, not very many. I don't have the number. So it's a mess, and it's it's one more nail, hopefully in the coffin for Karen Bass and her inability to run anything. And she's four. I mean, she's out there protesting for the illegals that are in Los Angeles. She's don't do anything for them, but for the homeowners who paid the taxes that Heather House is burned down. Sorry, tough piece. That was all part of Hot Air today. If you want to go look and see more about that particular story. As far as the big breakthrough on trade with Japan, this is I don't know the tariffs are. Who knows what impact they're going to have. And when historically tariffs raise the cost of everything and it's inflationary, but that doesn't mean it has to be. And in this particular case, they our president announced last night that they've cut a new deal with Japan where Japan will pay fifteen percent on everything that they export to the United States and We'll pay fifteen percent on anything and everything we export to Japan. So it's a reciprocal fifteen percent. Here's a Secretary of the Treasury, Scott Bessant, talking about it.
Speaker 8: We had some discussions about the overall US Japan relationship, which was one of the strongest in the world when I was in Tokyo and Osaka, and then we got back their elections on Sunday, ledp did slightly better than expected. They don't have a majority.
Speaker 4: Japanese government was ready to.
Speaker 8: Deal and as president only President Trump could do. He brought the Japanese trade delegation into the Oval and had a very fullsome negotiation with them, and I tell you they're tough negotiators for President Trump's tougher. Well, I think it's very important to note that fifteen percent for Japan for reciprocal tarists for autos, that is a different kind of deal. But because the Japanese proposed a very innovative solution. We've been working with them for months, the trade team, myself, Ambassador Greer, Secretary Lutnik, and they came to us with the idea of a Japan US partnership where they are going to provide equity credit guarantees and funding for major projects in the US. So they got the fifteen percent rate because they were willing to provide this innovative financing mechanism.
Speaker 1: Not about you, but I'm scratching my head at this point because it sounds like and by the way, the auto Japanese auto stocks shot up about eleven percent this month when Wall Street opened. But they it sounds like they are going to basically build more auto assembly plants here in the United States, but they're going to be owned by Japanese companies. They will provide the financing to build them. And that's fine because if we got into a tip with Japan down the road. The factories would be here, the jobs would be here. So it's it's good, but it's not exactly US companies bringing their jobs back to the United States. It is Japanese companies investing more in making things here in the US. That's what I got out of it. But UAW is not all that happy with this thing. Here's Tony, Tony Toddy, who is the president of one of the UAW locals representing General motors workers. Here's Tony.
Speaker 9: You know, we don't it's at first Lance, I don't like the deal. You know, Japan doesn't import many US vehicles. Last year it was around sixteen thousand, where we take in forty billion dollars of their imports. So you know, even if you say fifteen percent to fifteen percent, it's still not a good deal for US. I think this is a better deal for US rice producers than it is the US auto worker. Well, we need the next deals to be better, especially with China because they're making a lot of electric vehicles and they could flood our market and wipe us out. So they need to be much pleugher on China. And you know, we're worried about the Mexico Canada deal. You know, this is essentially setting the bar very low at fifteen percent, and that could set the bar for them. We don't like that, and we look at the health of the companies. You know, ten to twenty percent of our big three salaries come from profit sharing, and when you look at Stalanis, who reported negative numbers, they're not going to receive that strong profit sharing check next year. So that plays into it as well. You know, we actually need a strong trade deal because these tariffs could go away overnight and we need to replace it with the deal. But it needs to be better than the Japanese deal.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 9: You know, fortunately for US, General Motors is doing a good job of reinvesting into the US market. They just recently announced four billion dollars of new investment. You know, Stalanis is bringing back the Bove Deer facility that'll be up in twenty seventeen, up and running, i believe.
Speaker 4: And here in Toledo we.
Speaker 9: Just received a two hundred million dollar investment to increase our capacity for our popular selling trucks. So that's all good. And we're working with General Motors as the UAW to make more investments. So that's a good thing, and I think that's because some of the tariffs are incentivizing the work to come back here. We're only five to six center the cost of the vehicle, and when you think about that and the high tariffs that you have to pay, it just makes more sense to bring the work back. So we're advocating for the administration to make better deals with China, especially in Mexico and Canada. Well, with the cost of vehicles at all time high, I don't see how you could pass it on to the consumer without impacting the equilibrium point, and it'll start to decrease sales. So, you know, the quicker we get to a good trade deal where everybody understands the rules of engagement, the better off we are. But this was going to be disruptive and they need to start bringing product back to this country. This is the largest auto market in the world and the barriers for entry need to be much higher to these countries.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he said he's not happy with the deal, but he and he represents UAW employees that worked for General Motors. General Motors announced yesterday they came out with their quarterly earnings and they they rode off one point one billion dollars in losses over the tariffs. And the reason they rode them off was they are eating the tariffs to the tune of in three months one point one billion for General Motors. That's a pretty big expense, but they're what they're trying to do is keep the sales going by not raising prices on the automobiles that they make and just eat the one point one billion. How long they can do that, not forever. They're talking about by the end of this year, the tariffs will cost General Motors four to five billion dollars and again that that just cannot continue. Stillantus, which makes Chrysler, they said that they had to take a hit of three hundred and fifty million in the quarter for the tariffs hitting them. So Japan was twenty four percent. Now it's fifteen percent, but that's only on well it's everything except steel and aluminum. So the steel and aluminum tariffs for Japan is still both of them are fifty percent. We'll see how long this can go. But they got a trade deal with Japan, and that is what the White House was trying to get to. So let's get to the story. That really ate up the Newsboro today, and that was the sentencing of Brian Coberger in Boise, Idaho, for the murderer of the four Idaho College students two and a half years ago, November of twenty two. And this is one of those stories that has captured the nation's attention. He was expected and did receive life sentences for all four murders. He five out of eight parents apparently finally came around and said, okay, we accept the deal because if we had a trial, there would be all kinds of appeals, and then if he got the death sentence from that, they would that would go on to appeals for a long time. So five out of eight parents said, okay, we'll go for that. The only family that wasn't there were the Chapin family. Ethan Chapin was the guy that was there and was killed. So it went for quite a while. Every victim could could have four people address the court and address Brian Colberger. Coberger was in his orange jail suit. He's no longer wearing civilian clothes and he's been shipped off this afternoon to the Idaho State Penitentiary. So you won't see him again maybe, but he had no expression. He just sat there. There was not an ounce of expression from him. Mark Iglarsh, who was a defense lawyer out of Miami, had this observation about what went what was going to happen today in Idaho.
Speaker 7: Well, nothing's going to change. You know, the state's laying out a case for life sentences. A judge isn't going to magically say I'm going to reject this. The state can then say fine, we'll take death off the table, and the defend will just plead guilty. So that's not going to change. It's the opportunity for healing. It's allowing people to put words to my greatest nightmare that somebody would ever harm any of my precious offspring somehow connecting and expressing publicly what that means to them. That's what today's about, Jess. They need to be heard. They need to tell that person what they did to that family and how it affected them. Listen, You're never going to see any reaction from Coburger. We saw what he did during this the plea, the change of plea. He accepted responsibility and said that he murdered each of those people in the same manner in which I order a sandwich. There was no effect, no accountability, no remorse because he's a psychopath, right, you cannot relate to that human being.
Speaker 1: So true. And Mark's been around the block as a defense lawyer for a long time and has seen this. He even said, you'll see as much emotion from him as the chair that he's sitting in. There's no emotion. He's a psychopath. And he just sat there during the trial, but again or during the sentencing. But again, this was for the families, and some of the families lashed out at him and called them every name under the book. Some of them were religious in nature, saying that Jesus will forgive him. And it was all over the map as far as the family's reaction to talking to this guy. But they're all still devastated. It's been two and a half years. But the sad part about all this is is that the agreement was that he would plead guilty if they took the death penalty off, and that he will not appeal any part of this. Well, back to Mark, Iglarsh says, yeah, well, listen to what the Supreme Court said about the right of appeal.
Speaker 7: I think they're not telling the public that there's a Supreme Court case called Garza versus Idaho decided in twenty nineteen, where the court ruled that even when somebody waives their right to an appeal in court, they can still file an appeal down the road. And I'll go one step further. The attorney who fails to file those paperwork on the appeal is committing malpractice. Essentially, they said, you're rendering ineffective assistance of counsel.
Speaker 4: So you're saying regardless, Today may not be the end of all of this.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm almost certain that at some point Hill allege my attorneys didn't do what they were supposed to, and he's allowed to file that, so he's not waving his right to an appeal.
Speaker 1: I played part of the state had their chance to address the court. This is the district attorney for Latta County. What's his name, Bill Thompson, And he gave a long argument with the court. Here's just part of it, as he laid out the fact that he and his prosecution team had to make a decision about whether or not to get a plea deal from him in exchange for the death penalty, and knowing that the families were not all going to agree to it. Here's Bill Thompson.
Speaker 5: We had no qualms about going to trial if trial was what was necessary and appropriate. The following week after we were in court, we were approached by the defense with an inquiry about a possible plea. And I can tell the court this is the first suggestion ever that there was any consideration, because indeed the defense had maintained from the beginning that mister Cobert, the defendant, was factually innocent. It's clear that the reality of the evidence and the case that had been investigated and prepared and that we were ready to present in court became a reality. Our reaction, among other things, was to reach out to all the families, and in fact, later that week, on Thursday and Friday of that last week of June, we met with representatives by teams virtual meetings with representatives of all the families, and we talked about the status of the case and the upcoming trial and things that related to the trial. And we also let them know that there had been an inquiry about whether there might be an offer for a flea. And we asked the family members for their thoughts and feelings, and they were candid and they have been candid since and we respect that, and we understand, recognize and acknowledge that there was a difference of opinion among representatives of the different families. We understand that one of the challenges of this case. One of the unique things about this case is we have multiple victims, each unique unto themselves, their families and friends, unique unto themselves, and all of them entitled to their opinions, all of them entitled to their thoughts. Over the following weekend, our prosecution team, very skilled attorneys who were personally as well as professionally deeply invested in this case, met and we talked, and the decision was reached. To start with, were there to be any sort of plea offer or discussion, there's only one possibility That would be for the defendant to plead guilty straight up to all charges. There would need be no bargaining abound to counts, there would be no bargaining about reduced sentences. And so we made the proposal to the defense that if the defendant was willing to plead guilty upfront to all five counts is charged and waive appeal of the court's myriad decisions during the past two and a half plus years on all these motions that would have consumed years, if not decades of time in the future. By the end of the weekend we were notified the defendant was prepared to plead guilty as charged and factually acknowledge his responsibility in court for these horrible crimes. Obviously, those discussions and negotiations were confidential, and as your honor noted, I believe that was necessarily so because if the defendant had decided not to plead guilty, it would have been devastating to our jury pool for there to be public information that there had been consideration by either party to a plea resolution, and protecting the perspective integrity of a trial after so many years was paramount. So the end of the weekend came, we notified the victims' families of what had occurred. We recognize, I recognize and acknowledge personally, and I respect the fact that of these fine suffering people here, not everybody agreed with the decision we make. I accept that it's my responsibility the end, I recognize that that's the duty of the office that I hold.
Speaker 1: So it was interesting because of the fact that he said that they agreed to Coburger would wave the right to appeal, and yet Mark Iglarsh said that there is an idle whole case that said that you can't wave the right to appeal. So I don't think this is over yet. I just don't. Nancy Grace not only does she do a lot of crime stories on TV, but she was also her fiance was murdered. She is she speaks as the victim of a murder victim. Let's see what Nancy has to say.
Speaker 11: Number one again, when you don't know a horse, look at his track record throughout all of these proceedings, months, months, months, years, Coburger sits there with no expression on his face at all. That's what he's going to do today. People talk about closure, that the parents and the families are going to get closure today, they're not. As a crime victim, a tangential victim of murder. I can tell you there is no closure. And if they expect for Brian Coburger to show any emotion or remorse, that's not gonna happen. And if he does, Harris, it will be a lie. He has lied throughout the entire proceedings, as has his lawyers, and they were set to pin for murders on friends of the victims. That was their big defense. Okay, they were gonna lie through their teeth the whole way. A. I don't think he's going to all acute or speak. If he did, it would be a lie. And the victim's families are going to walk out of that courtroom feeling empty because there's no trial and they will never know what happened. I've looked at the evidence, and now that more evidence is chickling out. There is an eyewitness that places a door desk driver that places coburger there at this scene in the parking lot. At the murder scene, we find out that Xana Krenodle was alive. She had just gotten her door dash order. She was attacked viciously. She didn't die in her sleep the way we've been told. We're learning so much more. I mean, to me, this case is like shooting a fish in a barrel, and the only reason it didn't go forward is because the prosecution didn't have the backbone to get in the courtroom and fight, win or lose. That's what I think. Weird What you do with the witness like that is you use corroboration. In other words, was she the driver that night, Yes she was. Was she at that location at that time, yes she was. Was there an order for Xana Crenodle, Yes there was. Because all of that corroborates her, and it's not just her. There are cams out the Ying Yang showing him. They are all around the area. And if you think he's going to stand up in court and say, yes, I'm murdered four people because I had a kinky fetish about raping women that were passed out or drugged, that's not going to happen. I know, not going to happen, and the parents are going to sit there, hear nothing and walk out of the courtroom and go Okay, that's over. No, it doesn't work like that. Think about your children, you think about Christmas, Easter, summer vacation.
Speaker 4: You spin it out.
Speaker 11: You spin it out for the rest of your life. You know what they've got. They have the chance to go in a courtroom and give a victim impact statement. I'm very angry about it, and we'll never know what happened because there's no trial.
Speaker 1: So the question is will Brian Colber appeal down the road even though he said he would not. The other question is what's going to happen to him in prison. There is a former FBI agent, her name is Nicole Parker, had this assessment of what he's facing well starting this afternoon.
Speaker 12: My personal opinion, I think he's going to get roughed up in that prison system. There's one thing that they do not like, and when you kill youth that is just disgusting, even to the most horrible prisoners. I think he gets roughed up. This is known to be a very dangerous and violent prison that he will be going to, and you know what, he might wish that he had taken the death penalty after that.
Speaker 1: So from here we hopefully bid farewell to Brian Colberger will find it. Hopefully he's just out of the news and we never hear or see from him again. But again, that waiver of appeal thing is a big surprise that I heard this afternoon. Hope you're surprised too. So with that, well, let's get some phone calls in. The phone number to join the program, not to join the program, but to leave your messages to the comment line is eight five five two nine five sixty six hundred eight five five two nine five. I have sixty six hundred. If you forget the number, you can find my phone number and links to the podcast and my email address. It's all on my website, which is Tom Sullivan dot com. Let's see who do we start with today? How about phone call from Pierre?
Speaker 10: Hey, Tom, this is Pierre. Never got a chance to call you when you were in New York, really enjoying your new podcast, except that'd be a butt there, right. I find your break for commercials to be really harsh. You're right in the middle of a word and suddenly you'll break to a commercial.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's any way you can get to the end of a fought, an end of a moment before you go.
Speaker 10: To commercial, that would really be nice.
Speaker 2: It's really just jarring almost to the way you do it now. Other than that, Hey, I'm enjoying the show well as I always have. Look forward to you listening to Thank you.
Speaker 1: So, Pierre. A couple of things. Number One, I'm still in New York. I don't know, I know, I don't say where I am, but I'm still in Midtown Manhattan. I'm doing the podcast out of the same studio that I did the tell of the radio show. So nothing's changed there as far as the commercials, I hear you, man, I hear you a loud and clear the most. I don't know if there's any exceptions to this. All of the podcast platforms where if you want to start a podcast, there's I don't know, half a dozen, maybe a dozen companies that offer that. Only a handful, like four or five are really good at what they do, and they all plug in commercials. I don't put the commercials in. I have nothing to say about it. When we record the podcast, we uplink it to the podcast company and they have some problem. I mean, I don't know how many podcasts they have, but in the total podcast business there's like a million podcasts out there, so they insert them, probably by some sort of computer algorithm. I know. I don't like it either. I've talked to them about it, and I've got to work for them to try to figure out a way that I can somehow being involved in putting it at the end of a thought, because yeah, it is rather jarring. I'm with you. I don't know when I can get that fixed, but it's kind of sadly part of the podcast world. The other way to do it is to do what we call live reads where an advertiser wants me to read their advertisement, maybe that would be easier. My only hang up with that is I don't like to imply that I'm endorsing a particular product, and I think you do that when you read a commercial as opposed to one just just playing. All right, what else we got here? Oh, Steven, I think I got another complaint from Steven. Let's see what he has to say.
Speaker 13: All right, Tom Student is calling a great podcast, as always in your show. Was My call is about why do you always take CNN polls? CNN is liberal garbage media which not very many people even watch. You don't have their your ratings, so I always take their polls. You should take polls from somewhere else people would actually matters. Thanks Tom By.
Speaker 1: All right, I told you I would take complaints or or constructive criticism, whatever you like to call it. But Steven, first of all, I take polls from all the major polling companies. I am constantly when there's new polls out Box news poll I do theirs. Quinnipia, I do theirs. Emerson, I do theirs. I mean I go down the list and CNN. Yes, I do theirs as well. But here's the thing about polls. Just because it's a CNN poll, it's not done by CNN, and it's not polling the people that watch CNN, just like the Fox News poll run by a woman named Diane Blanton, and she's great, but she doesn't They don't do just surveying Fox News viewers. These media companies that have polls go out and hire professional polling companies that statistically go through the process of getting information from the general population. And they've got all their you know, making sure they got the right balance, not too many Democrats, not too many Republicans, not too many old, not too many young. They go through all the demographics and make sure they have a legitimate poll use them all. And I use Real Clear Politics, was has all the polling in it because I don't want to. I hope you understand I'm not using CNN polls. Now, maybe you got that Because of Harry Entton. I have high regard for Harry Innton. I was introduced him to him by Chris Steerwaal when we were both working at Fox, and he was telling me about Enton and what a great statistical guy he is. He's just a numbers guy. I have no idea what his politics are, but Harry is a character and he delivers I think the information about whatever he's pulling in a very entertaining way. So I do introduce him as CNN statistical guys. But it's not CNN's poll. In fact, if you watch Harry Innton, he will say, uh, this poll from Associated Press, this poll from ABC, this poll from NBC, this pool he had. He does the same thing I do. He uses all kinds of posters to come up with what the what the what the results are from uh one particular question being asked out in the country. And finally we will get the comment line. Lady in here Laurie always checks in short and sweet as usual.
Speaker 10: Did Stephen Colbert hire Hunter Biden to write his material?
Speaker 2: That's great?
Speaker 1: That that's just great. You get it. Because Stephen Colbert was dropping f bombs the other night.
Speaker 4: You go, what's wrong?
Speaker 1: What's what's with all these people, especially on the left, that are swearing like banshees. I don't know what is that a new cool thing? In any case, Stephen Colbert dropping f bombs And the other day we played an interview part of it interview with Hunter Biden, and I've never heard anybody drop the F bombs so many times in the same sentence. It's amazing. So I get it, Laurie, that was funny. Let's see what the markets did today. Hold on, let me pull it up. So wow, people liked the idea that we have a trade deal with Japan. That's got a babe. It started the markets off close, but we are not quite at a record, but we're back about forty five thousand. I think the record was forty five thousand, five hundred something. But the market today up five hundred and seven to close it forty five thousand and ten. The S and P up forty nine, new record, Nasdaq up one hundred twenty seven. I believe that's a new record. The price of gold felt forty two dollars, down to thirty four oh one. It's been climbing rapidly, so some profit taking going on there today in the price of oil down another almost dollar, down to sixty five dollars and some change. So that's it for today. Thank you for coming by. We'll try it again tomorrow. I hope to see you them