Speaker 1: Welcome to The Doctor Diane Show, where we explore revolutionary expansion of mind, body, and soul with me, Doctor Diane Hayden, with over twenty years of expertise as a mindset warrior, perspective shifter, and unshakable optimist. I am dedicated to helping you reach your wildest dreams in business, health, performance and relationships. Learn about the power of thought and how it shapes your life to take risks, change careers, find love, go on adventures, and live passionately. With me, Doctor Diane. Get ready for revolutionary ways of thinking.
Speaker 2: Being and creating an amazing light.
Speaker 1: The Doctor Diane Show starts now.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, I'm doctor Dian Hayden and you are listening to The Doctor Diane Show on Transformation Talk Radio. Stay with us for the next hour where we will explore revolutionary expansion of mind, body, and soul. Join me on the first and third Thursdays on the show where I have experts from around the country teaching you cunning edge therapies on longevity, medicine, national health, mindset and sole purpose to help you shift your perspective.
Speaker 2: And become a mindset warrior like me.
Speaker 3: And please like and subscribe to my channel, Doctor Diane Hayden, I am excited today to have Joscelyn Karp on my show. She is the founder of Blue Monarch Healing, LLC, which is a holistic healing practice based in Berlin, Connecticut, where she serves as a Reiki master teacher. She helps people reconnect with themselves through compassionate, heart centered healing that blends traditional reiki with intuitive guidance in a grounded, supportive environment. With advanced training in USA Reiki, Holy Fire, Free Reiki, Karuna Reiki, World Peace Reiki, Symphony of the Cells, and Light Arian Reiki, Joscelyn curates personalized healing experiences that support relaxation, nervous system regulation, emotional wellbeing.
Speaker 2: And spiritual connection.
Speaker 3: In addition to working one on one with clients, she teaches reiki to individuals who feel called to deepen their own healing journey or share their practice with others. Every session and every reiki training is foughtfully tailored to meet each where they are, recognizing that no two healing journeys are ever the same.
Speaker 2: So welcome, Jocelyn. How are you today?
Speaker 4: Wow? Thank you for that introduction.
Speaker 5: Listening to all of that reminds me of how much growth that I've gone through in a couple of years, and listening to it again, it really just is so the healing roller coaster is a wild place to be on and once you start, you just it's the Disney speed pass straight through that there is just no getting off. But I'm so grateful for this journey and I wouldn't have it any other way. And I'm just so incredibly grateful, Diane for this opportunity to be with you today and talk a little bit about how Ricky found me and a little bit more about Blue Mounar Healing and why I have opened this business to support other people. So thank you again for having me.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm glad you actually took a minute to like let us sink in and appreciate it, because so many times we don't we don't think about all the accomplishments that we've.
Speaker 6: Made until we actually know somebody like introduce us or read our Bible or that kind of thing where normally we're.
Speaker 2: Like that's just the day to day, like you know, you know, like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, did I do anything really great this week or this year or whatever, But yeah, yeah. I mean, let's talk about how Reiki found you. And actually we're going to go into more detail about what that is because there might be some listeners on the call that have not maybe heard of reiki. I think it's more more and more common now, but really aren't quite sure what it is.
Speaker 2: But how did Reki find you?
Speaker 5: I feel it's a great story and it found me at exactly when I needed it most back in twenty twenty one May. First, actually I lost my father in law very unexpectedly. It was very hard on my husband and his family. Within i'd say two and a half three weeks, I lost my grandmother on my dad's side, and then towards the end of that year, we had lost our cat, Stewie, who was, you know, my soul cat and he was a big part of the family, had been with us for about fifteen years, and unfortunately we had to put him to sleep before Christmas and that was tough. So how this came to be was I've always been intuitive. I was really struggling with how to make sense of losing so many people in my life that were so important in such a short time frame, and trying to make sense of what is happening with the soul and you know how to really step forward, because I was really stuck in a lot of grief. And I'll be honest with you, all three of the deaths were they impacted me in different ways, and Stewie coming at the tail end of the year really really crushed me. I didn't realize how much support he gave to the family and how much love and how much we relied on him. So probably about February of twenty twenty two, my husband and I were invited to a wedding. It was a very fancy occasion, black tie, and you know, coming out of COVID, I had let my hair grow long.
Speaker 4: I had zero.
Speaker 5: Ideas on how to style long hair because I used to have a short haircut and there there was a moved location since but there was a wellness spa and salon in my town. So I reached out and I said, do you do hair and makeup? And I said absolutely, And I said, can you take me this week?
Speaker 4: Because this is very last minute.
Speaker 5: I wasn't thinking I was going to do it, but then I realized I didn't have enough confidence to do my hair. So I went to the salon. I spent a good couple of hours there, and the woman who did my makeup was one of the owners, and we got to talking about our family and that included pets, and ironically she had a dog named Stevie and I had my cat Stewie, and were like, what are the chances? So she said, after you know, sharing how I was feeling and sharing that a piece of my heart was just like lost forever because of Stewie and also my father in law and my grandmother, she said, why don't you come in and try Reggie. Regge is something that they offer at their salon and I said, I don't even know what it is, and she said, well, you know, I help people move through a lot of things, but one of those things is grief, especially after great loss. And I thought, wow, okay, I don't know what to expect, but sure, let's give it a try. So it was around that time that I had started having my first couple of Reiki sessions, and I was so surprised at how I felt during the session and how I felt after. Also surprised at how much I cried because I didn't realize how much emotion that I was holding in from what I experienced in the last six months of the year and also a couple months later. So now we're nearing towards April of twenty twenty two. We're nearing about a year after my father in law had passed away, and Reverend Jennifer Shackford of Faith in Angels came as a recommendation to me, and someone said, why don't you go see Jen, and why don't you see if you can't bring a message from your father in law back to your family, And I thought, you know what, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 4: I'm open to it. I have no.
Speaker 5: I've never done this before, and I went to the session and I expected to hear messages from loved ones and spirit, which I did, but only in the last ten minutes. The session became about me in my journey, and Jen shared with me in that moment that reiki is something that is supposed to be part of my life, and I didn't quite believe her.
Speaker 4: In that moment. She said, yes, You're meant to have a reiki business, and I'm like, I.
Speaker 3: Just meant you, yeah, You're like, I just went to this hair salon and experienced it.
Speaker 2: Now I'm running a business.
Speaker 5: Exactly I'm like, I don't know what is going on, but okay, and then she said, well, you know what, I'm also I'm also meant to teach you and I have a mentorship program, so if you're open to it, we can start next week.
Speaker 4: And it was very matter of fact.
Speaker 5: She gave me like it was very cut and dry, and she was just like, let me know that you're good, but going to start here. And I went home and I was nervous and I'm like, oh, I've never done this before. But I ended up entering into a mentorship. It changed my life and that's when I started to learn more about reiki because Jen taught me you suey shiki roi hoo uh levels one and level two. Fast forward, I had decided to go on a trip to Costa Rica. About a year later, I am a yogi and one of my good yogi friends we met. We met at a sushi restaurant in Glastonberry and she's chatting and she said, you'll never guess what I did.
Speaker 4: I go, what did you do?
Speaker 5: She goes, I'm going on a trip and I'm leaving my husband at home and he's got the girls. And she's telling me about Costa Rica, and I thought, wow, I got to go on this trip. And I made that decision in the moment. So I go on the trip. A couple people knew that I was kind of entering in a spiritual awakening. They knew I was reiki one in two attuned. I came cart in my crystals, not sure how I was going to use them, but I came along and brought my journal.
Speaker 4: And you know, I don't know, have you ever been to Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: I haven't. Actually it's on my list.
Speaker 4: You have to go. It is a beautiful country, but the energy in Costa Rica it's a very high frequency. There are very spiritual people, I mean like the evil eyes everywhere, right.
Speaker 5: And we were there to do yoga and experience the country. So one night, the yoga instructor decided to do a yoga nidra, which is yoga sleep. It's a guided meditation rather than all of the other stretching and everything that would go on with a flow.
Speaker 4: And we had done that because we had spent the day.
Speaker 5: Kind of navigating through the jungle and we were all very tired. And when I meditate, I like to sit and meditate versus land the floor. So I've got my position on the couch and everyone's holding one of my crystals because I passed them out, and I've got my oils and we're just ready to like hop into the meditation.
Speaker 4: And I'm sitting there and I couldn't get settled. Like Diane.
Speaker 5: It was somebody in my brain saying, get up and do reky, get up and do reki. Do it, do it, do it. Try And I was like, oh my god, I don't know if I can't. Yeah, So I stood up. I looked at Dana, the yoga instructor. I kind of gave her a nod. She gave me a nod. It was kind of like we were talking without words, and in that moment I gave everyone in the room it was like group reaky. Everyone had a certain amount of time. I was trusting my intuition. I was kind of working my way around different parts of the body. And we finish and everybody's kind of coming to and everyone's kind of all zend out and they're like, wow, I saw colors. I felt things. Were you touching me? I swear you were at my feet, but I felt you at my shoulder?
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 5: And then somebody turned around because this was the most amazing thing. We're in a room full of windows, Diane, and this only happened this one time while we were there, and we were there for a week. This one window had thirty green geckos suction cup to the window.
Speaker 7: They wanted reky, they wanted reiki, and they felt the energy because we were in the jungle, and in that moment, we were all so shocked that the energy in the room could be felt by animals outside.
Speaker 4: I was like, wow, this is oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to stop at the cliffhanger because we have to take a break. But this is perfect because we.
Speaker 3: Are coming back to talk more about this. You're listening to the Doctor Diane Show with me, Doctor Diane Hayden, and we come back, we'll splore more with Jocelyn Carr, founder of Bluemone Kaling. I'm a Doctor Diane Show with me, Doctor Diane Hayden. Before we continue, I want to make sure everyone knows how to contact me. You can find me at www dot doctor Dianeheyden dot com or at either of my two publications www dot Natural Nutmeg dot com and www dot Essential Naples dot com and you can learn more about my guests today Jocelyncarp at her website which is www dot Blue Monarch Healing dot com and that is spelled.
Speaker 2: B l u E m O n A r c h h e A l i n g dot com. So wow, what a cliffhanger.
Speaker 3: I knew we had to go to break and everyone's waiting to find out, like, what did the geckos do?
Speaker 5: They hung out in the space for like the next fifteen min it's to a half an hour, and then they disappeared and we never saw the phenomenon again. The next morning, the travel group that I that I do travel with is Twisted Dog Yogurt in Colchester, and the owner, Tracy approached me and said, Josh, what happened last night? That was amazing. I'm like, I don't know, we're magic. We raised the vibration. The animals are intuitive, they felt it, they wanted some reiki, they hopped on, you know, and she said, you know, I think that there's something here for you, So think about when we go back to Connecticut, would you want to come and do some workshops? And I was so like tickled, and I'm like, who me, Like you want me like this girl right here to come to your your place of business.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you just called all the get goos out of the forest.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I couldn't. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 5: So when I came back, I had my mentor meeting with Jen and I explained what I just shared with you, and she said, Jess, you know what, let's do it. She taught me levels three A and three B at the same time. That was in June, and by July of twenty twenty four, I took the leap and opened.
Speaker 4: An LLC and I haven't really looked back there.
Speaker 5: I just it's, you know, all systems go, riding this fun rollercuster and trusting that I have been placed exactly where I need to be and everything is just happening so organically. It's been a lot of fun, a lot of fun, very surprising things that I never thought were going to be happening, Like I'd never thought I would be doing this, and here I am spending time with you.
Speaker 4: Like how cool is that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, and I think it's it's so fascinating to kind of see people's.
Speaker 2: Journeys when they're called to do.
Speaker 3: Something like this and it usually just happens so effortlessly, like what it's like, it's happened for you, and that's how you know that you're on the right path.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's exactly right. Yeah. Yeah, So for let's kind of just back up a bit, like for people.
Speaker 8: Who have never experienced reiki or have never maybe never even heard of the term.
Speaker 2: It's an energy type of energy work.
Speaker 3: So how would you explain that to somebody about what it is, what's happening when.
Speaker 2: You have a reiki session and you know kind of how you work.
Speaker 5: So reiki is a Japanese form of stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing, but also supports you and your overall well being, both physically, it's more than just both. It's physical, it's mental, it's emotional and spiritual. You know, when you go throughout your day in reiki, we believe that the universal life work of energy is constantly flowing in and around you. And when you have stress or trauma, that said stress or trauma will imprint on your cell's tissues and organs and create blockages in your energy centers, so your chakras, and when we talk in this conversation, we're going to talk in terms of the seven main chakras, but the body in reality has like over one hundred chakras. But what most people understand are, you know, the crown, the third eye, the throat, the heart, the solar plexus, the sacral.
Speaker 4: And the root.
Speaker 5: You know, nobody thinks that you know to understand that you could have you know, chakras on the back of your head or maybe in your ears. So when you have these stressful encounters, it causes your energy centers to either come become off balance or become blocked. And the practitioner in this case me, I serve as a channel or an instrument as I like to say, of love and healing, where I will pull the universal life force of energy through my body in and place it into yours where your body is guiding me to help you release the blackages, help to provide balance in your body. It's a very it's very relaxing. This isn't something that causes pain. This is uh some you know a lot of people actually just feel like their body is exhaling in this moment because we operate in this crazy fight and flight mode. We're moving, we're busy, we're on so much technology, we're being inundated and nobody's bodies know how to like regulate themselves anymore, and so we're constantly walking around feeling exhausted and burned out and you know, triggered, and we don't know how to deal with all of these like things coming at us, and we need to have a reiki practitioner help to free some of this so that you can leave and feel like.
Speaker 4: You're in a better mindset.
Speaker 5: You're in a better headspace, you're feeling more peaceful, you're feeling less triggered, You're.
Speaker 4: You feel like you have space again.
Speaker 5: You know, the clutter has been taken down and notch that that voice, So that's my thirty second could be more like a sixty second elevator pitch.
Speaker 6: So yeah, Basically, when someone comes for a session, they're laying on a table, right, or I guess they could even be seated or I mean you could do it in any number of ways, but absolutely probably laying down.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Do you practice.
Speaker 6: A form where you actually have hands on or you're not touching the person?
Speaker 5: So I am a hands on practitioner, and if you were coming to see me for the first time, whether it be for a sixty minute session or a ninety minute session, even before I get to the whole conversation about like I'm a hands on practitioner. I actually like to talk to people first and just spend a couple of minutes like actively listening to them and what they're saying to me as well as looking at their body language. Tells me a lot about people and where they are so that I know how to better support them. And it also gives them a chance to start to come down a notch, because when you come in for AKY, you're likely fighting traffic. You may have had a contentious conversation with a colleague. You might have been discussing who's making dinner, what is the dinner, what time you're going to be home, who's putting the kids down? The dog needs to go out, and you have to water the plants, like there's so many other things, yep. And so giving people that opportunity to kind of and then you know, say, after we kind of talk about, you know where they're at in that moment, you know, saying you know, I am a hands on practitioner and then showing a person that mean touching your head or that could mean touching your high heart?
Speaker 4: Is it okay if I touch here?
Speaker 5: I want to create a safe experience, a safe environment for people, and so it's very important to me to explain what I'm going to be doing in this session so that person feels safe and that they can come in and just fully allow themselves to release. The other thing that I would say that really helps, and it's kind of like my secret sauce. And if anybody is listening who's a reiki practitioner and you want to try it, I welcome you to do it.
Speaker 4: Because I'm a yogi, I love to do body scans.
Speaker 5: And so another element that I add to my practice before well, I kind of I'm starting reaking in this process as well as I do a body scan where we start at the toes and we're working through every body part because again, we operate and fight and flight, and so my whole goal is to help you out of fight and flight, activate your parasympathetic nervous system, and allow your body to do what it does best, and that is heal itself naturally. So we've had the hands on conversation, I've listened to where you are. I'm taking you through the body scan the process is the same, Diane, but in terms of like script per se pace, that's all. It's all different, and it's going to be different every single time because you're you're you're going to be coming in in a different place. You know, could could be a different headspace. And then I let reiki do what it's going to do, and at the end of.
Speaker 4: Our session, I'll share my insights.
Speaker 5: You can share your insights, and if you're a first time client, I do like to reach out the next day and just see how you slept, how you're feeling, were you emotional, and if there's other things that have come up, you know, I'll reach out and we'll make some time to continue to talk and work through what those emotions and or feelings could have could have come about. As your body is integrating now all of this new freely moving energy in your body.
Speaker 3: Now, it also can be practiced virtually.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know whether you do that as well, but I mean obviously energy is everywhere, right, So yeah, people can receive or practice ranking from a distance too.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep.
Speaker 5: I do practice distance healing, believe it or not. I do more distance healing for animals than I do people. Most of my clients really like to come in and spend time with me and we talk about whatever it is that we're talking about. But in general, animals or people can have distance healing. It is just as effective as coming in to see me. But for animals it really helps them where I'm not you know, I'm a stranger and I'm entering their home. And if a cat or a dog, or your aquarium fish or your bird has already like anxious and stressed, well that's just going to help, not you know, that's going to make the experience not be a positive one for either me, mom and Dad or the animal. So oftentimes I do offer distance healing for the animals just so that they can get to know my energy in advance, and I often find that they prefer it that way and I'm able to get more insights to share with mom and dad. And then we typically do additional follow ups every three to four weeks, based on what the animal tells me it needs to help, whatever the situation might be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I was going to ask you in relation to humans, like how often would you recommend somebody get raaking?
Speaker 5: So I'd say I myself go every four weeks. As a practitioner who's working in people's energy all the time, I also work full time job in addition to running Blue Monarch. I needed every four to six weeks. So my general role of thumb four to six weeks, depending on when you start to notice that you're not maybe feeling as great about things. That typically is that three three and a half mark week mark, and it's probably time and you should probably come at four weeks, but some people are good with six. If you're dealing with an issue, if we're going through like grief, or if you have a health condition, you know, we might change that to be to every two weeks. It just really depends. But a lot of the time I leave it to the client to determine that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean obviously every it's individualized, of course, so yes, you know, whatever people need with whatever their needs are, whatever they're going through, if there's a health issue, or like you said, if there's grief, or if there's you know, any kind of like more acute thing that.
Speaker 2: They're going through, than to come more for sure. So this is so fascinating. We're going to learn a lot more.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Doctor Diane Show, with me, Doctor Diane Hayden. We're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, we'll be talking more with Jocelyn Carp. Stay tuned, we'll be right back. We're back on the Doctor Diane Show with me, Doctor Diane Hayden. I am talking today with Jocelyn Karp, and her website is www dot Blue Monarch Healing dot com.
Speaker 9: That's spelled b l u e m l n a r c h h e a l i n g dot com. So we were talking about just all the different, you know, uh types of issues that reiki is great for that you see people for.
Speaker 6: I mean, it really runs the gamut of just about anything and everything that people you.
Speaker 2: Know, could get could get help with by using reiki. But what are some of like misconceptions that people have about it.
Speaker 6: Like what have you heard or what kind of myths or things like that have you had to work through with people about what they think it.
Speaker 2: Is or is it?
Speaker 5: Oh, there's always a few people that come in they're definitely curious, but I feel like they're MythBusters.
Speaker 4: So they come in like this doesn't really work, this is all you.
Speaker 5: And so they'll have like a chakra clearing or they'll want like a one hour session and they'll get off the table and they'll be like, so did it.
Speaker 4: Work, Like really, yeah, I don't know. You tell me, of course it worked.
Speaker 5: So people, you know, everybody nowadays is expecting something immediate, right, we have all this technology, everything is coming at our fingertips. We want it now, now, now. And I feel that this is the same kind of an example where you come in and you just immediately expect to be healed, or you immediately expect to have like something happened to you, like physical people need physical evidence, and reiki is sometimes subtle, you know sometimes, and I say this to a lot of people, no matter what you experience, and I'll share some of what people do experience in a second, But no matter what you experience in that moment, it is what you were meant to experience. And even if you didn't feel anything, it might be because in this moment your body wasn't quite ready. It might need a couple of days to kind of process and catch up before you might start to notice like subtle changes. So be patient and just give it some time.
Speaker 3: Well, also, people are so disconnected from their body.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's not surprising at all that people don't feel anything right in.
Speaker 10: This in our society, in this day and age, that kind of thing is everybody is living like from here up like we're here completely not in tune with what our body is telling us or what we're feeling or whatnot, which makes it even.
Speaker 8: Harder in this case for you to, I guess, just educate people about what it is, because, like you said, they're expecting, you.
Speaker 3: Know, they're expecting something immediate, and they're also expecting to feel something right away.
Speaker 4: Right, That's exactly it.
Speaker 5: And half the time most of the people that are running around here, and I've been at fault for this too, we ignore things, right that pain in the elbow that's been flaring here and there, and we're just, oh, it'll go away.
Speaker 4: I'll just take some Madville.
Speaker 5: Well it's just getting worse, and next thing you know, you're in PT for tennis elbow. People need to understand that the body is talking to us all the time. You just have to take a moment and create a space where you can listen to what it's telling you. I always also say that reiki is not a one and done, so when people come in for the first time. You know, if they didn't experience something or if they did, you know, I just remind them that this is this is a process, and you're not going to just magically be over whatever it is that is preventing you from stepping forward in one session.
Speaker 4: It could take like three sessions, it could take a year.
Speaker 5: But there's also some accountability that goes along with coming to reiki, right, you have to be working on making yourself be in a better place too. You can't just come in and expect that one reeki session is just going to like solve the problem. In terms of like what people actually experience, it is all over the board. A lot of my clients actually come and fall asleep because again, everyone is operating this wildlife and I create this space for them to feel totally safe, and a lot of them do come in and they take naps and then I just do the work.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, No, that's how relaxing it is. That's happened a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's the biggest compliment. And I don't judge with snoring in mouth noises, so just putting that out there, but people can see when their body relaxes. You can see colors you can see like the beautiful light show the Aurora borealis. You might start to hear messages about, you know, I don't know, giving you guidance like drink more water. Or you might feel your energy rise and fall. You might feel the energy coming through my hands. My hands sometimes get really hot heating pads. Other times you can feel the you know, the pulsation. Sometimes it could feel like your leg and your arm is like a thousand pounds and being weighed down. I mean, there's and then there's times when you don't feel anything at all, and in that moment you're just in this really peaceful, relaxing state.
Speaker 4: Your body knows what to do.
Speaker 5: You just have to be open and willing to allow yourself to take that moment and journey inward and just relax and listen to it. It's really a way and get out of the way, peel.
Speaker 4: It off, push it over there. So yeah, it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: I really love listening to everyone's different reactions to things. And you know, it's interesting talking about not always having a physical reaction. There are clients that I have who have been with me for two years or longer that I've been practicing and sometimes their sessions aren't very eventful.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean it doesn't work. They got what they needed in that moment.
Speaker 5: And I'll get a text message a couple days later and I get I'm still feeling very clear in the mind, and I'm feeling less triggered and I'm feeling peaceful.
Speaker 2: This is exactly what I needed.
Speaker 5: So reiki, it's here's the thing, people, here's a great example.
Speaker 4: You believe you know, we have Wi Fi.
Speaker 5: Right, there's this well you can't see it, but we know it's working, right, but.
Speaker 2: We believe that, no problem.
Speaker 3: It's amazing what we believe that we can't see.
Speaker 2: And then we don't believe all.
Speaker 5: Things because we can't see them exactly. Well, Reiki's kind of the same thing. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 6: You had you had mentioned some things that experiences that you had with certain clients, I mean anonymously obviously was something you want to talk about.
Speaker 5: Or no, if you had specific questions. But every every client experience is confidential. I if I share anything on social media, it's really just the client's feedback as to how they felt after a session or how they feel that the session has moved them forward. But everything that happens in my reiki room stays in my reiki room, a little bit like Vegas. But I do get insights in the session that I do share with my clients, and I keep a wonderful notebook system and note system on my computer so that anytime we can circle back and just look at patterns and trends over time.
Speaker 4: I kind of I'm a.
Speaker 5: Scientific person, and I like to see patterns and trends, and I also like to see healing arcs, and I like to see, you know, where where we started and where we are. So that has been really helpful for some of my long term clients, just to be able to do like a full year view and see where we were at the start of the year versus six months, versus where we are now. And it's really helpful for that individual to be able to see the mark change and growth and also you know, figure out like where they want to go from that point on. It It's just such a beautiful thing to watch a person go through such significant change and then be able to have it documented and be able to show them, like, look at all this great work you've done.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, wow.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I've ever spoken to someone who, like.
Speaker 6: A repee master that has that kind of philosophical outlook on it, like the very scientific documentation.
Speaker 2: All of that that you do. That's that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure. What do you every client walks away from? Like what every client walks away feeling after a session?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, I definitely want them to feel lighter. I want them to feel like their body has definitely released and they had the opportunity to exhale.
Speaker 4: You know, my goal is.
Speaker 5: Again over time and you know, with them taking also accountability into their journey, that they will start to feel happier longer. They will be more joyful, they will be less triggered by conversations experiences, and they'll be able to have different approaches and strategies in place to help them be more successful in navigating life and just the everyday stuff that we are all confronted with, whether it be t and erratic drivers. Because the driving lately seems to be a bit more wild than it has lately in the previous couple of months. I don't know if that's uh, the energy that we have in the air right now contributing to that, but or you know, just conversations with colleagues and you know how they choose to you know, live authentically in their in their day to day life. The whole goal is to be joyful and happy, feel at peace, feel calm, feel like you know, and they also feel supported and that they have a place to go me my healing room, that they know that they can come any time and that they they can take that nap, they can feel like they're being heard. You know, I give great hugs, So if you need a hug, I'm a hugger and I always have endless amounts of hugs in they're free.
Speaker 4: So if that's what you need in.
Speaker 5: That moment, you know, I let my clients know that I'm available for that too. So a little bit of everything with that with that question, Diane.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, I mean, I mean obviously you you come across as just you know, like this was what you were meant to do, and you know, so you know, genuine and sincere and caring about everything that you do for your clients.
Speaker 2: I can imagine like when they walk into your space.
Speaker 3: It's just like immediate relaxation, and you know, they get this amazing healing energy and then they leave with a hug.
Speaker 5: Always I do, I really, I really try to create that space. You know, my there's a lot of people offering reiki, and I try to curate an experience for every single person, and it's not one size fits all.
Speaker 3: So and I think that's so, that's that's super important. I want to touch on that. We're gonna go to a quick break, but when we come back, I want to you just hit on something that I've been talking about a lot later, giving experience. So we're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, we'll be talking more with jocelyncart. We're back on the Doctor Diane Show with me, Doctor Diane Hayden.
Speaker 6: You can learn more about me at www dot doctor Dianeheyden dot com.
Speaker 3: And my guest today is Joscelyncarp and her website is www dot Blue Monarch Healing dot com.
Speaker 2: That's spelled b l u E m O n A r c h h e A l i n g dot com.
Speaker 3: So before we left, you said the magic word that I've been talking to all my holistic practitioners about lately, and.
Speaker 2: That is experience. It's what what is the experience you give to your clients when they walk through the door, when they have a session with.
Speaker 3: You, you know, when they leave in between, that kind of thing, and I love you know how you explain that and how you're different, because I feel like it's you know, there's a lot of practitioners around that people can choose from, and so why are they going to choose you?
Speaker 2: You know, one of those little things that you do that make someone connect with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well so I you know, when I was trying to think about Blue Monarch Healing and the feeling that I wanted my business name to evoke, or what my brand was like, and thinking about how I articulate on even social media or on my website, like what does make me different? And I would say that I really spend a lot of time actively listening to people, and I really try to curate an experience for every single person. And that is true of my existing customers that you know, continue to come and see me month after month. I believe healing is not one size fits all. What works for me is not going to work for you. And it's important to me to be able to have as many tools and my toolkit to be able to offer in a session. So what does that mean, Diane? So, I began my journey learning traditional Japanese reiki yusu is shiki roiho right about a couple months after becoming an LLC. I had heard about Holy Fire Karuna and World Peace reiki, and I found a teacher who was offering that local in my community, and I just knew that that was going to be something that I needed to learn to be able to have another tool in my toolkit to be able to offer my clients and the same. It goes with some of the other lineages that I've learned earned by having so many. Well, because I practice yusuey, Holy Fire, the karun of the World Peace, I'm an aroma reiki practitioner, I'm a like I'm a litarian practitioner as well. I can rely on different uh I'm going to call them UH healing frequencies and different healing symbols, and I use them in very specific ways depending on what my client is trying to achieve. You know, So, again customizing the experience, we're looking at, what is your intention for the practice? What are you hoping to get out of the session today? What do you, what do you what are we looking to to do long term?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: And then based on where they are in their in their headspace and kind of how they're feeling physically, I'm already got the wheels turning, and we go into your session and I'm already feeling out your energy and your body is already you know, telling me different things. I might incorporate plants because I love plant reiki, and I utilize the healing frequencies of plants by placing, like, for example, an airplant on the body to help circulate the air in that particular area. I might use oils on the body in specific places because oils are.
Speaker 4: You know, Nature's medicine.
Speaker 5: They're very potent, and in twenty two seconds as they absorb into the skin, they're already helping cells and tissues push out any toxins that are in the cells. So that is helping you by also you know, preparing the body to get ready for reiki.
Speaker 4: You know, if you're.
Speaker 5: Looking for healing a relationship, perhaps you know there's just a personal dilemma that's happening in your life and you're having a hard time really kind of bringing yourself in this person or event into to a good space of healing. We can send Reki to that and I will utilize karuna symbols that align to healing deep deeply in relationships in that moment and sending that person involved, you know, love and healing. And so basically I offer quite a bit in terms of what we can do in a session, and it really all comes back to curating this experience that meet too where you are. But I have a lot of different tools to bring in to support whatever it is that you're looking to heal.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I'm glad you brought up all the individual modalities.
Speaker 3: Because that was a question I had, like how would someone know or they don't need to know essentially, Yeah, which what I'm coming to you for.
Speaker 6: You're going to make that decision based on your intuitive evaluation of the body and what the person is telling you and that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, So it's twofold.
Speaker 5: It's me with my background and my education understanding how the different healing frequencies work, understanding how the body works and how emotions and feelings work. But also your body knows what it needs and it can without even telling me, but it often does. It's pulling the energy, it pulls what it needs all on its own. So you're getting what you need in that moment one hundred percent every time.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's great. So if someone has been curious about reiki but hasn't taken the first step, what would you say to them?
Speaker 5: Lean into curiosity, be curious, come in, drop all your expectations. You know, your first time with reiki, your intention could simply be just to experience relaxation and maybe you come in and take a nap. And if that's what it is, that's perfect.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 5: You don't have to come into reiki and like, we don't need to boil the ocean in your first session, right, Like, it doesn't have to be difficult. Reiki is not hard. It meets you where you are. You get what you need, it's you get it in the right amount. The whole goal is that you're giving yourself love. You're showing yourself a break. You're giving You're creating the space to create quiet so that you can reconnect. You can become grounded. You can again reconnect to your inner wisdom, your your clarity is opening. You're being able to trust the the nudgees that you feel.
Speaker 4: In your belly.
Speaker 5: And you're just letting go of the noise and the chatter and giving your brain a break. A brain break is so incredible to have these days, because again, we are being constantly bombarded with so much all the time. The rate at which we process, I'm pretty sure is not the intention. It's not really the intention, but we're not We're not meant to process right.
Speaker 4: And so consistently for so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, technology is amazing, but at the same.
Speaker 6: Time, if you don't manage it effectively, it's detrimental too, just because we're energetic beings, like we're not meant to be on these devices all the time in front of screens and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: And I've done raking many times, and I have to say, you know, it's got it to me. It's got to be the easiest modality.
Speaker 2: To try if you want to try something and you're curious.
Speaker 3: Because you literally don't have to do anything, like it's not like you don't have to do anything with acupuncture either, but you know, with that, some people have a little bit of fear about the needle or whatever. Or sometimes massage, as relaxing as it can be, could be a little paper because we're trying to work stuff out of the body, that kind of thing. But energy work is just so peaceful and beautiful and easy and literally, like you know, just.
Speaker 4: Reki is good for everybody. I just I'm like the PSA.
Speaker 5: If I could like just say it and had, you know, everyone's ear for like a few minutes, I'd be like, do reiki, do reiki, do reki.
Speaker 4: Try reiki. It's so good for you. You feel better, You're just gonna sleep better, You're gonna feel happier. Like, try reiki, be curious. You have nothing to lose, only good things.
Speaker 3: That is exactly it. And nowadays and everybody is so stressed out and nervous system just regulation and people aren't sleeping well and all of that.
Speaker 2: I mean, just that hour or so on.
Speaker 8: The table with you is amazing for you know, what it can do in that short amount of time, especially if you're anxious, or you're not sleeping well, or you have a lot of more stress than what.
Speaker 2: We normally have, like that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: It's just really it's just really an amazing modality that everybody should be doing it all the time.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's right.
Speaker 3: Second your PSA, Yeah, Yeah. Well, it's been so awesome to get to know you and learn more about it and you know, educate people about this beautiful healing modality. And I love what you do and I'm so glad that you, like, you know, you heard the message and you went for it.
Speaker 5: I was called and I absolutely love being in service. This is definitely my path and I look forward to continuing to do this until untill I can't stand, or maybe I'm just wheeling around a little massage table.
Speaker 4: Till giving reiki when I'm like eighty five, But that'll be awesome. Yeah, this is this.
Speaker 5: It's it's great to know finally what my purpose is because for a long time I was very unsure. And I just couldn't be more grateful for how this all has transpired again, Healing, roller Coaster, Disney speed Pass.
Speaker 4: Super grateful.
Speaker 5: I have some really great features that I've mentioned and it wouldn't change a thing about it.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for doing that and all your service, and thank you for being on the show today.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. I so appreciate you.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 3: It was great, and I want to thank all of you for tuning into the show.
Speaker 2: Please join me the.
Speaker 3: First and third Thursdays at eleven am Eastern eight am Pacific. Next time, I will see you back here. Please like a subscribe to my channel, Doctor Diane Hayden.
Speaker 1: Thank you for tuning into the Doctor Diane's show, Revolutionary Expansion of Mind, Body and Soul with me Doctor Diane Hayden. Tune in every Thursday at eight am Pacific eleven am Eastern on Transformation Talk Radio dot com. Center your thoughts on what you want and shut the door on every suggestion of fear, worry, or lack from your own consciousness or the consciousness around you. Want you master that everything is possible. To learn more about me, Doctor Diane and receive a free digital subscription of my magazine, visit Natural Nutmeg dot com