Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, it is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle, and we are broadcasting from inside the bar at Live by Low's, the really cool hotel that's right next to Texas Live At right here at Globe Life. The reason we're here is we had a big party, a big pregame party brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works, that's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in.
Speaker 2: And we had a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: A lot of people came through, got to sample the beer, got to get them some ninety one point one the Eagle Swag, got to get them some Rollertown Swag, and man, we had a blast. Then the wind got Craig ray and so we brought it inside so we could survive all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's going on here.
Speaker 1: Now. Another thing we like to do, Ben is giveaway BFD tickets. We're gonna do that right now. You have to have the iHeart app that's got the talkback feature on it where you cli it and can leave a thirty second talkback message. Christina will go through these and we will take the third listener that leaves their name, their phone number, email address and can tell us where we were broadcasting before we were inside, oh, the lobby. That's pretty good, right, So if you were listening in the first segment, you heard the chaos, and so if you can tell us where we were and you were listening, you will win b f D tickets.
Speaker 2: That's May twenty.
Speaker 1: Fifth at Dosaki's Pavilion, Marilyn Manson, Chavelle and so much more.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fantastic show. Look at those French fries he on his eating her Damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they looked pretty good, girl, he se and chicken wings.
Speaker 1: Super You gotta be able to handle a thick fry. Oh god, can you eat those fries? McDonald's had super thin fries. Those are thick fries.
Speaker 2: Those are big old girl fries. Watch yourself, big girl.
Speaker 1: It's time for your MAV's minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinny amphitheater Man. That place is going to be great. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for all the information about it. Again Sunset Texas dot com. You can own your own firepit.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 1: It's cool because of a concert comes in that you don't want the tickets for, you could sell them like this is an investment. It's great. It's basically like a little real estate investment. Go see more Sunset Texas dot Com. Mavericks will be playing the Orlando Magic tonight. And here is what your starting lineup is going to be for the Dallas Mavericks. Clay Thompson, Anthony Davis, Spencer, Danwitti, Naji Marshall, and Kai Jones.
Speaker 2: PJ. Washington Junior's still out. Let me hear that again.
Speaker 1: Clay Thompson, Anthony Davis, Spencer, Danwittie, Naji Marshall, and Kai Jones.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: Brandon Williams will well, you know what I need to look. He's available, Okay, Brandon Williams is it says game time decision on here. But yeah, he's only got two games left.
Speaker 3: They may choose not to play him if they don't need to or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they think all right, we'll be fine with that.
Speaker 1: But you know, with PJ out, I mean, Najy's your backup point guard for Dight, Brandon.
Speaker 2: That's how weird things are.
Speaker 1: Naji Marshall is your back up point guard for the remaining nine games of the season. And I had a guy, there's a guy that I played basketball with that I love, and he's a great player. Larry Bird, he's having a hard time getting over the Luca trade. You I am having a very hard time, like really struggling. You've been playing basketball with yourself. And he goes, he goes, I'm like trying to cheer him up. I go, dude, when Ad is playing like he's a beast. He you know, we were talking about him today. I asked Skin for a comp He's like, I don't know, maybe Tim duncan offensively, you know, because that's fundamentally just awesome. He goes, Man, that's boring because I don't. He goes, that's boring, dude. You're just you're talking about the difference between you. You were upset because the guy that was your best player was had the rock in his hand all the time. That's a different experience when than the top twenty player on Earth who just is not a point guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also, I mean we saw in the game against the Rockets he was bringing the ball up.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, that was such a good hack.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, good, it was a good half twenty seven minutes.
Speaker 2: But it was what he did in that half had never been done right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I don't wear the exact numbers, but the first half, the combination of statistics, it was the first time anyone had ever done that in one half of basketball.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite things about his game is when somebody beats him, gets around him and they have a layup on the opposite side of the goal because he went for a fake on the front side, and he still blocks their shot.
Speaker 2: And he slams it out to the court. It's like, oh my god, what about.
Speaker 1: What about when he just lets someone dribble around him so he can block their shot out of bounds, And it's crazy. You mean, you'll see it tonight when he's defensively the four and there's a shot blocking five behind him. He is He changes the dynamic of your defensive team just exponentially.
Speaker 2: So that Sunday Saturday.
Speaker 1: At Chicago Chicago Bulls, and then Monday it's home game against Brooklyn. So the wins get him now yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean and Phoenix lost last night. They did, okay, so we're tied, but then Phoenix gets the tiebreaker. Man, I think I'm to the point where if Ad wants to play and he's gonna play.
Speaker 2: I want him to win. Yeah, I was. I was rooting for just the best draft pick possible.
Speaker 1: But you're You're like, it's because I know they're going to run into a sledgehammer in the playoffs. But the whole point, Ben is, look if if we just kind of play out the odds, them being in the playing changes your your draft position by two players. Yeah, I mean, honestly, like they're not going to get in the top four.
Speaker 2: We've seen this.
Speaker 1: The Mavericks have never moved up in the lottery and their entire existence, all they've ever done is move down. There was two years where they were the worst. One year they were tied for the second worst team in NBA history, and they moved down. They never they never get the moving up. So realistically, they could be in a play in tournament. They could win two games, get in and change their draft position by two players at the end of the lottery, right, But it'd be great to get Cooper Flag. I mean, I don't know, will he drop to number sixteen.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think he's the clear number one. That is your MAV's man.
Speaker 1: It brought to you by Sunset Texas dot Com if you want to go check out that really cool facility.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Cooper, flag play tonight.
Speaker 2: If you want to watch him, don't want to watch watch him? He's fine. Okay, he's fine. He good? What boy? No, No, he is good. I like watch him. There's not a bunch of upsets in the tournament so far, right, there's been very few.
Speaker 1: Probably the closest is Arkansas John's Yeah, but that was different because it was Calipari versus Potato, so it was super dramatic. I heard somebody given a theory on that it is because the ni L money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so now this is it.
Speaker 3: Is every everything's a wash, dude, y'all know, man, this is gonna sound like the tournament ratings. TV rings were up though through all this, always looking for cent.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened in North Texas. This sounds weird. The n I T. This is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so North Texas in the n I T and honestly, North Texas they're they have a good team, dude.
Speaker 2: The problem is there in a conference where you have to win the conference to get to get it, so it sucks. Yeah, but they got but they're very good.
Speaker 3: They're twenty five wins. They should be in the tournament. They are a top sixty four team in the nation.
Speaker 2: Their program is turned around dramatically.
Speaker 3: So they were supposed to host a game in the n i T against Oklahoma State, but they couldn't because the super pit was booked out for a faculty luncheon. And also there was a big dance event as well in town and but you know that was booked before any n i T date was booked, So because of a faculty lunch.
Speaker 2: And they said faculty. Yeah, it's a tough way.
Speaker 3: It's always they've always put the C in the faculty.
Speaker 2: You're putting a Q in it. I've always made it faculty. There's not a Q in similar faculty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just one of the faculty. It's not assimilation. It's similar, like they're a laculty. I found that those who who speak in the same you know, verbiage all the time. I find those people to be born Christina, Christina.
Speaker 2: How do you say faculty?
Speaker 4: Faculty?
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you say faculty? That's our words. So they had che on.
Speaker 3: At the super pit and they had to drive their ass up to steal.
Speaker 2: Water and play a road game. And then they beat them. Wait where is steel water? It's up there in Oklahoma? You thought about is it near? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, me and Kat could Ben's wife Cat gonna have the same conversation with the words we use.
Speaker 2: Steel water steal?
Speaker 3: Christina, what did your family think about the firefighter segment from yesterday?
Speaker 4: My mom thought it was hilarious and she was just trying to help me out. And she also caught onto what Ben and Skin were trying to do with her and my dad's relationship, and she said, no, she did not cheat on my dad while he was at work.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Wait, I didn't go about that. Then that's some red flags because that's not what we were saying. And I wasn't saying that she was cheating. I thought she was picking up some stripper shifts, okay, see, and I was saying I was not saying stripping or cheating. I was insinuating that there was marital strife and they were trying to spend time apart from each other so that the marriage could stay together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they were great. They're still together, doing fine. And she was overly defensive about it, by.
Speaker 1: The way, So they're still together after all that yeah, he hasn't hurt the segment, all right, he is going to show up with an ax's ass. You're you're the one who's making up all these crazy things. I'm gonna take his steel walk to me. I think of him as a brave and noble firefighter, and he didn't have any eyes for anyone else. And he would kick down that door, you know, with an axe, break in and make sweet sweet passionate.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a salt.
Speaker 1: No, that's what firemen do, kicking down the door of an axe and scare everybody while having.
Speaker 2: Sex with them. What kind of firefighters do you hang out with?
Speaker 1: They're like all like the bounty paper towel guy raw, I got a fire X, I'm angry, I want to have sex.
Speaker 2: Some house cleaning. It's brownie, not bounty, not angry. It's a beautiful low.
Speaker 1: But why does he destroy the door and coming with his stacks and the dude, if you're a.
Speaker 2: Firefighter, you don't have to walk through doors. You kick down doors. It's legal. Are you spraying?
Speaker 1: I'd like to spend this time right now to give a shout out to uh mister Audi Dowry, big time listener.
Speaker 2: Audi Dowry giving him some love.
Speaker 1: But his cousin any Yeah, cousin who asked for the shout outs and not even listening right now.
Speaker 2: I hate to see that. The baseball games on. It's two to two, is it?
Speaker 3: We're in the top the seventh man, we're about to stretch baseball.
Speaker 2: Shit's fast now.
Speaker 1: Told me that I've been following it. Hey man, I told you that story from two years ago. They've changed things with the pitch clock because the Mavericks uh play Orlando tonight.
Speaker 2: They're at Orlando. We're gonna end our show at five thirty.
Speaker 1: You'll see Tomorrow we're going to do our show from Boomer Jackson, Dallas off Technology Boulevard, So come join us.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a lot of fun. Dude.
Speaker 1: Bring all your laptops and whatever you can think of, all the latest gear.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be on Technology Boulevard and you'll fit right in.
Speaker 1: The first time we've been at a boomer Jacks, so we're very excited about this. We love the folks over there boomer Jacks in Dallas off Technology Boulevard.
Speaker 2: Fiber Optics.
Speaker 1: We'll be there tomorrow. That's gonna be awesome. Today though it has been all about Rangers. Opening day, we're at the Live by Low's Hotel at the Rollertown Party, Rollertown Beer Works, a brewery, Skin and I are invested in. Man, this has been a great time. And we rolled out one thirty three our baseball pilsner.
Speaker 2: So they give out.
Speaker 1: Fifty cases of those today, Holy dog, fifty cases of free beer.
Speaker 2: We have two or three of them by myself.
Speaker 1: Really really great. Yeah, this has been awesome. All right, coming up next? What are we going to do in the final segment, Well, we'll see.
Speaker 3: There's all the things we can do. I do have local stories to catch up on. I can give you a weather update as well. But let's just jam out some rock man him.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, coming up next, all that before we get there, they want to talk about the greatness of lux ice.
Speaker 2: X ice is so good. Don't give him that for that. He put his hyperthermic needleware next. Oh that's a good good, that's great.