Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, January twenty first, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and seventy four. I am your host, Jen Ochoa.
Speaker 1: I also have zero fear up in this house, joining me co captain of the Ship.
Speaker 2: He's strutting into the podcast actively. He's got a fantastic mask on and he's yelling at the top of his longs jeegrun.
Speaker 3: I am just saying that logically, every person who knows about Persona does know about Metal g but not everyone that knows about metal Gear knows about Persona. So if you just think about it.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. And he uh, joining us as always bad boy of games media playboy pog slammer my Minati.
Speaker 4: Who it's me. It's Mike Minaughty. I'm doing great. Nobody was mean to me on the internet lately.
Speaker 5: How about you, Jeff?
Speaker 3: Shoot, no, dang it. No, they definitely are.
Speaker 2: Man in the podcast world. He is not in Ray Mysterio Shadow. We have turn Riker. Yeah, he get people mad at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just I'd be myself usually.
Speaker 5: Really Yeah, all right, you seem worse for wear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, li'sten I'm all right, yeah, it's pretty easy to toune now, Like I wasn't even think about it, and then my brought it up. Really, I'm mad at Mike.
Speaker 4: Possibly because I don't mind people do it to me. I get very upset when these fucking shots. Sorry, but I really don't like them do their thing with Jeff. So sorry.
Speaker 3: Mike's very protective of his boy and I, but he touches my gravy train.
Speaker 5: I mean, my best friend.
Speaker 2: I have a question. What is a gravy train?
Speaker 4: Is that like when people you're in the money, but what is it? Okay, yes, but excellent point. What was it before we started using it as like you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like a sushi boat thing right, like where it's like, now here comes the gravy train to grab the gravy white while it's here.
Speaker 4: It's gravy from the gravy capital of the world wherever that is via train literally, and when it comes in it's a big deal because it's like, oh, we're going to sell the gravy.
Speaker 3: It would be.
Speaker 5: No, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be well in the way that we're using it today. Dan, it's a metaphor. That's the way correct. I understand that, right, but the etymology of it.
Speaker 6: The last time I heard that term was I had just started the WAE and I had to call Scott Hall to get him ready for a we're gonna have him and Nash on the podcast because they're gonna put the nWo in the Hall of Fame. And I called He's like, I'm gonna tell you right away. I fucking hate podcasts. I don't want to do this fucking podcast. Only reason I'm doing it is because they're gonna put me in the Hall of Fame the second time. And I'm not gonna do anything to fuck up that gravy train, so I'm not gonna say shit, alright, this is gonna be a great episode. No show did, and Nash had to text him like thirty minutes and show yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, funny enough. That's what we all say to each other before starting any podcast, right, it's the gravy train. I now want to start an American food chain like Greb said, where it's sushi boats, but it's just a gravy train.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, just a little toy trains going around with like you know, overflowing gravy.
Speaker 6: Like do you have like bread and as the boats you can dip and then you don't even have to worry about the gravy as it goes right.
Speaker 3: And then it's like you can't you physically could not double dip. I suppose you could double dip into the next solve double dipping.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't care about double dipping. I'm fine by now.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I don't really care that much either, but I care enough when I'm around other people. I am impressed that you don't care. At your house when people are around, You're like, no, I'm double dipping. This is my stuff.
Speaker 5: But I've never thought about double dipping.
Speaker 2: I think as long as you say, hey, I'm gonna double dip, then that's fine. Yeah, like the unsolicited double dip to the universe. Yeah, hey, is this.
Speaker 4: An actual Phoenix down moment? Or does everybody else never realize this? Because uh so, I was thinking about Tony Hawk a lot, specifically Tony Hawk's Underground and the bad guy in that game is named Eric Sparrow, And only like yesterday I realized those are two birds deemed last names.
Speaker 5: I did not get that either.
Speaker 3: It is one of those things where it's like, I definitely you have realized it multiple times in my life because I keep forgetting it's like, oh yeah you do, Eric Sparrow, So this last time, no, I was aware.
Speaker 6: I mean I didn't get miles per hour until I was working a game Informer and Tim Terurry made a reference to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, thirty, See I got that one because the cartoon brought it up. Specifically, you need.
Speaker 5: To bring things up otherwise it's hard to understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, yeah, that's that's what we do on podcasts. We do nothing but bring things up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's a bring things up mechanism. It's the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not yes ending here, we're bring things up in yeah yeah, yes and then pivoting. By the way, what's that final Fantasy seven rebirth concert?
Speaker 2: Did I ask for what you guys were doing yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not there yet.
Speaker 4: That No, I just I didn't realize that was unstructure of this show.
Speaker 5: Do you know that I always saw people just started bringing ship up.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that. Like a first, I was, yes, what do we do this type he does?
Speaker 2: If he doesn't he doesn't want to yes, and us. But he's gonna bring things up all the time. I was always talk about it.
Speaker 5: Why are you gonna change this? Talk about it? Just talking? Yeah, it was great and.
Speaker 2: That's actually the jingle premiering. Uh, Mike, I'm sorry for cutting you off. I now apologize you do you? I never feel free to bring stuff up.
Speaker 3: Didn't Chris Bnadi get in a fight? What?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Something?
Speaker 5: It was fun. Chris was on something. But it's it's so funny on something. No, not like medically.
Speaker 4: Creationally. Yeah, it being my two brothers tripp to Cleveland. It's so funny with them because you know, like to that. To me, it's like, yes, it's fun. To them, it's like, oh my god, I'm getting away from the kids. Like you know, they love their kids, but it's very exciting to have them come up and ask, you know, for a glass of water or for fifteen other things every two minutes, so they get very excited. We went to a teeki bar first in Cleveland called Porko, which by incredible, big shout outs to Porko. Amazing drinks. There's some nice small plates. They are very good. Charisa sliders at Porko. But yeah, Chris was just Chris was having a good time I own. To be clear, Chris normally the closest thing I know to an angel, honor of just a very sweet boy. Chris Bennati, super nice, not at all like me, right, not a devilish little not the Chris is a good boy. But yeah, we were at most We're at a certain German they restaurant, sitting at the bar, and Chris disappears for a bit. He had already he's already just being very goofy. Right. In fact, you saw on the menu the word like like wiener Art, right, because it was like the name of food.
Speaker 5: He thought that was very.
Speaker 4: Funny, very excited about wiener Art. They disappeared for a bit and he came back and he was wearing like a Gandolf the gray hat with the restaurant's logo on it.
Speaker 5: And we're like, hey, Chris, that's interesting. He's like hah yeah.
Speaker 4: Then everyone's like especially because it's free ha, Like like Chris, why is it? That's a joking. Later we're walking to the concert, he doesn't get like, Chris, did you steal this hat? He was like, yes I did, oh yeah, But he's like, look I tried to buy it and there's nobody there.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean you, I know, court in the land, Jan would convict this man.
Speaker 2: All right. I mean, Chris Manati is an angel as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 5: I wonder if he wants me to share the story. Jeff asked, how was it going?
Speaker 3: Did you see the headlines? Just says the Manati brothers got into a fight. So now that's all it's gonna be about.
Speaker 5: Man, that is not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: We we just laughed at him a lot. He was getting having a good time. It's fine, have you I know you haven't. No, I don't think so. I don't think so. Chris was the one who was like athletic, but he has even less of a killer instinct than the rest of us, so he didn't get too far.
Speaker 2: Sporting killer, I think is one way to put it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, right, So, yeah.
Speaker 2: Mike, out of your three brothers, who is the muscle.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess Chris, which is the problem because it's, you know, a sweet boy. He would have heard a fly, but he's definitely has the most muscle.
Speaker 7: Are you the brains or are you the heart? I'm the goober, Yeah, the one most important? Yeah, goo guys somewhere.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to start the podcast on a damper bike. Kind of need a Googer transplant.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, buddy, I got extra.
Speaker 3: Turkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what is AJ? Then Mike.
Speaker 5: The order brother, he's the he's the driver. He loves the dry.
Speaker 2: All right, another important organ.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's mostly he's the most responsible one, kind of annoyingly. He loves following the rules, and Jeff knows that I love following the rules, right, Yeah, yeah, I think Dan learned this too recently. A j loves the rules so much, gets gets very anxious if we start breaking them up.
Speaker 2: Bit.
Speaker 4: Luckily, he had also been drinking, so he mostly found Chris's theft funny. But yeah, shout out to my brothers. We had a good time at the foul Fancy Civic.
Speaker 3: Culture where so music was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I would be clear at this Fall Fantasy seven concert, we stole nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay, you would never steal from the Square Inex Corporation.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, the restaurant that you know charges you twenty bucks for a beer or whatever.
Speaker 3: That's fine, but yeah, go live? Yeah, uh are you fucking me off?
Speaker 4: Jeff? Are you really mad about the theft.
Speaker 3: Oh is that what? Oh?
Speaker 4: No, no, Yeah, the concert was fantastic.
Speaker 5: It was just specifically songs from Seven Rebirth.
Speaker 4: They played my favorite, that's that fight's song with the Valkyrie in it, just like you know, flowed really well. They do the thing where they play all these montage from the game, which the you know, it's like you know that means cutscenes, but a lot of times it just means the battle stuff without the UI. I'm like, man, this fight system looks so good. I would have played more fancy seven Rebirth or Remaker, hopefully that third one at some point. It's Stanley long E merch line, which you know, like mel Gibson said, where the real money from the movie is made, right, That's right.
Speaker 2: God constantly thinking of mel Gibson.
Speaker 4: I'm constantly thinking of me. The Schwartz be with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, concert was fantastic. We just had a great trip in Cleveland in general. I know, Jeff, you're doing some some some some family stuff. Oh you had a good time though. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was the kid's birthdays. We did some stuff like that. It was a good time. Yeah. Yeah. We just got a bunch of presents and got Dan's weather became our weather. So it was getting cold, and it's gotten colder.
Speaker 5: Is it negative thirty three, because that's what it was last night?
Speaker 3: Is that the real feel?
Speaker 6: Or actually the shoot was negative eighteen? The fields like negative.
Speaker 3: We are getting there. We're getting pretty close. We're like negative nine right now. And uh and it's supposed to get colder, like they canceled school today and tomorrow because of the of the cold.
Speaker 5: But what did I actually say instead of mel Brooks?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry mel Gibson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was wondering you always, and then were.
Speaker 6: Bringing up base balls, and I was like, I had spent a long time since the host baseballs, But I don't remember mel Gibson in that.
Speaker 5: That's funny. Sorry, Jeff continued, No, it's all right.
Speaker 3: It was fun. We had We had cake and pie and other various frivolities.
Speaker 2: It was a good time, lovely, lovely.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I guess this is kind of related to playing. But yo, I went to a top golf over the weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday. We should go, Oh, yes, we should go.
Speaker 3: It's just a good time, right, I would do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had no idea that they had games, and yeah, they have sonic, they have angry birds. I'm terrible at it, but I eventually got the hand of it. Good time, Good time. Also, it's a fun little mini game to try and hit the person driving the little cart around collecting all the ball.
Speaker 3: That is an incredibly like It's just like when they put one of those flies on the inside of a yarnal to try to get guys to aim better. It's that for golf.
Speaker 6: Are they protected, like do they have helmets and stuff they get there's like a cage.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, I wouldn't want to, Like, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Trying to murder something.
Speaker 5: I don't do that.
Speaker 3: No, of course not. I j.
Speaker 4: Bod I yes, I just like got so spiffy in there. And you have like, you know, a waiter, and it's just like you're playing these these fun games and you're you know, drinking. Every once a while a nice person comes up and asks you want more food or to drink. It's just very pleasant.
Speaker 2: It is very pleasant.
Speaker 3: It's the ideal form of golf. I think, yes, oh absolutely.
Speaker 2: Also, you know, I kind of this is just me being foofye doofy, But like I take an issue with golf courses taking up so much land, but like a driving range that's perfectly for exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you put that like they're just gonna put it in the parking lot that's already there, which is something that's happening not too far from me. So I'm pretty excited.
Speaker 2: To tell you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's already one in Cleveland on the other side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the other side of the city. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been there. It's very nice. We get time there. I definitely want to go back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think we'd have a ball of a time. Is that the phrase balls? But the thing that they bring out of my mouth the mood down is the people that go to top golf and take everything too seriously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny people take even that seriously. That's incredible pop golf. Yeah, there are a lot of there. You know the floor we were at, because it's I guess most top golfs are like at least three floors. The floor we were on several other birthdays celebrating, but then like two groups next to us on either flanking our party, they all brought their own clubs, and like it's eleven o'clock in the morning, people are already getting a little a little bit buzzed, and I'm like, y'all, y'all are taking this too seriously. Y'all don't need to be wearing your gloves and have cleats too. Fucking top literally don't need cleats, that's the point, Like.
Speaker 3: They would be destructive to the top golf. Actually, yeah, I've never been. Can you walk me through? Like, so you go there and they'll like just give you a set of clubs? Do you have to rent them? Like how do they work?
Speaker 2: There's like a set of clubs, like just like how bowling balls are to the side at a bowling alley, and like they have the whole range that they got drivers woods, nine irons to like whatever is the lowest number of irons. And then they have two specific clubs for for top golf itself, which are just like bigger driver clubs. And then yeah, you just take turns, can you.
Speaker 5: If it's a driving range, why would you go with like a lower club, Well.
Speaker 3: The driving range, you could practice any shot you want for a closer one, ok.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah exactly, because you know they'll have targets across the field for like you know, distance and stuff, but they also have some closer targets in case you're trying to work on your different swings now. But the I don't understand the tech of it, and I'm assuming each individual golf ball has some type of tracker on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they all have some kind of yeah exactly hire thing or whatever, because.
Speaker 2: It's insane how like I will miss the ball and I don't know where it went, and then like I'll look at the screen below me of like, oh, it's tracking it, and like, oh, it went over there.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: But the Angry Birds implementation, it's like kind of goofy, but it is very fun.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask, is there a thing like when you get a strike or a spare and bowling and there's like a fun like you know, anthropomorphic pins being you know, acting out of skit.
Speaker 5: Is there anything like that?
Speaker 3: There should be?
Speaker 5: I really love that noise.
Speaker 3: I watch animations like that for fun in my free time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my anime.
Speaker 4: The top Golf is all the other sports too, right, Like I want like baseball dry like like batty cage version of golf, giant dart boards, like like human sized dart boards.
Speaker 5: Basketball thing. We're all just trying to make three point shots.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah. Gun, Oh my god, I would let y'all, uh yeah, gun human dart me like via catapult like mysterio. No. I would wear like a velcrow suit and let y'all like jump on a catapult to launch me onto like a dartboard. I was.
Speaker 3: We went to a a thing like it was the last fourth of July. I can't remember, but they had like a kid's play area and one of the things was put on a velcrow suit and get launched up at a wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I waited a line for a long time. I actually met a giant bomb fan in that in that line, and uh, and just got the kid in there and just basically just tossed her at a wall. She had a great time, loved to.
Speaker 2: Did the GB fan bring their own velcro suit?
Speaker 3: No? No, they weren't taking it quite as seriously as sum. There was definitely some people getting very competitive. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How's everything else going, gents? How we had a long weekend? Yeah? Yeah, I feel rested.
Speaker 3: It was necessary. Yeah, I don't know if I feel rustic. So it's like one of those things where I'm like I let things pile up over the holidays so bad that I'm like still kind of unburying myself from that, and it's causing like stress, so I feel like, oh, if I try to relax, I feel bad. So trying to get over that hump. But the three day we can helped with that. A lot of that stuff is mostly taken care of. So yeah, feeling good.
Speaker 6: I had a day that was very I guess busy technically, but very relaxing, and that they readed the tow up the carpet and put some new floors in here, so I had to come in here and like take everything out and like it. It just turned into one of those days where I sent the entire day going through everything, like all of my boxes reor It's like, if I got to take all this shit out of the room anyway, I'm going to put everything together in the middle of the floor, and I'm going to reorganize cables and game collections stuff and make sure everything has a logic and a rhyme and a reason to it. It's been all fucking day doing that. At the end, it's like, Oh, I just kind of know where everything is now and it's not crazy spot.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's great. I like everybody gets rid of carpet for hardwood floor.
Speaker 4: I have a room in my house that has like a hard floor that I desperately want carpet in, and I feel like I'm some kind of weirdo.
Speaker 6: Carpet's an old thing now. I feel like people don't like carpet anymore. I mean, like, but when you're looking for houses and stuff, it's always like, yeah, like real estate people are always like, oh, this is all hardwood, this is allems. Like you can tear up the carpet, you know, Like I think, like generally, why I.
Speaker 5: Feel like a freak, Like why if I like, still you are, yeah, you are, You're a pervert. Carpet's gross. Yeah.
Speaker 3: People always put a rug on the hardwood floor, which I have, and but this one back here I just put down recently and it's so cozy and company the kids came and like play on it. So yeah, I'm like, you still get the benefit of like a nice.
Speaker 5: So I don't want to talk about that anymore.
Speaker 4: I wish that I like college football more because gosh, Ohio State, he is winning things just right, Like gosh, I love all these other sports, but all the it's always teams that lose all the time. Why don't I just become an L s U fan, then I could be happy when they do things like when yeah.
Speaker 3: Is it is it like because you know Youngstown or where'd you go to school?
Speaker 4: You sound y s U?
Speaker 3: Yeah team, but.
Speaker 5: It was a different division.
Speaker 3: No, no, of course, right. But it's like you guys were just like just out of the orbit of Central Ohio enough that you guys maybe weren't in.
Speaker 5: It of people here, who are you fans? I'm always surprised.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I just kind of like don't respect college football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they are they are getting paid, so they aren't people. In Mike's opinion, there's always a little bit of it.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, yeah, taking this really serious, right, It's like I'm not going to the high school football game too, but whatever, right, Like it's fine.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess I just rather get invested in the pro stuff, even though the Browns are freaking terrible, but whatever, go Bucks. I guess.
Speaker 6: I lived right by the football stadium. It was where my apartment was, and so Saturday, I think was game day, and every Saturday I would fucking wake up hung over because Friday night I'm out all night and I sleep, don't set an alarm, and then I wake up. I'll know it's football season because I wake up to a formation of fucking jets flying over my apartment. I'm thinking I'm getting bombed every Saturday morning.
Speaker 4: Terrible, Yes, Jesus, yeah, yeah. How many times in your lives you have? Have you, guys thought I think we might be getting bombed a.
Speaker 2: Lot because I live Because I live in California, I feel like, you know, I'm closer than everyone else.
Speaker 4: That's the thing that saves me is that I'm like, wait, oh, buddy, what's to bomb this place?
Speaker 3: When I was in Colorado, I wasn't far from Colorado Colorado Springs, which is like strategically super important for a lot of stuff. It's like where the Air Force is based. And so there's definitely times where I would like hear something like that is not a normal jet, and I would look up and it's like, oh, that is a stealth bomber. But I wouldn't think we were getting bombed, like they're going to bomb somebody. All right, cool, we're.
Speaker 5: Good zero for me. I've never thought that you have thought it?
Speaker 4: No, just about it. I thought you said you just don't getting bombed. It just woke you just said in the story.
Speaker 6: Oh, because basically, shoot jetter flying over my house and I was hungover. I didn't know I was discobopulated, So you thought you were getting bombed, I was saying for comedic effect, I didn't shoot think I was getting bombed.
Speaker 4: Mike, you lied to me anyway.
Speaker 2: I Uh. I was at a at an album release party on Friday, and I was feeling socially awkward. So I went into the kitchen of the place and my friend was there because he was working the kitchen, and then he just offers like, hey, jan you want some jungle juice?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like, where where do you have this jungle juice stored? Friend? And he opens up the fridge and it's a walking fridge, pulls out a giant vat, he gets a comically large whisk to whisk it and then, oh, boy.
Speaker 5: I don't know it's been a while speaking about hangover.
Speaker 1: You don't you don't want to ever clear and that he said that there was too much tequila in it.
Speaker 2: Uh, and it was masked by all of the fruit juices. Yeah, yeah, that sounds rough.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 8: Anyway, whatever, happened to tilaquilas in the cabinet, I think, Okay, I wouldn't put it past.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, hey, speaking about descending back into madness. I didn't get a chance to play too many things over the break, but you know what I did see. You know what I did play the game of witnessing people. Go google Gaga for Pokemon cards.
Speaker 5: Oh, we were at a shoot store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was the venue?
Speaker 2: A Costco?
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's two kinds of sickos, Pokemon sicicos and Costco sicicos.
Speaker 2: Right, people have graduated from being like Target store stands to Costco stands. It's very weird to see the production. Do you think it's the Costco guys. I don't know if it's related to the Costco guys. Yeah yeah, they're definitely like patient zero of like the Costco craze. Maybe anyway, you know, I'm just I'm just rolling up trying to get my rotisserie chicken, and then the clock strikes eleven, and then out of nowhere, I see a swarm of what I can only politely describe as fucking nerds rolling to this old man pushing a palette over, unwrapping it in unwrapping the plastic. I'm like, what are these guys like fawning over? And he has to like tell them to back up, and he's just saying limit to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I am curious, like when you realized what was happening, So keep keep going with that in mind.
Speaker 2: I was looking at like because they were long boxes, and then I was thinking like, Okay, this isn't food, this isn't clothing because why would people go to Costco and like line up for clothing? And there were no samples of course, so I'm like, all right, what are they? And then I started looking at the fucking nerds and I'm like, this can only be for one thing. This can only be for one thing.
Speaker 4: And then like.
Speaker 5: They was.
Speaker 2: It was a stink line like.
Speaker 5: A Golden Idol scene.
Speaker 3: Barber Jan talking about the new hat that Pokemon or Pikachu has or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they form a line, they queue up, and then the first person in line there's a giant stack like a palette of Pokemon cards, right, and I noticed that what it is and he is I this whole stack from top to bottom, trying to like jenga Jenga piece which one which two boxes he's gonna fucking take, and then everyone behind him is groaning and yelling at him. It's like, fucking get your cards. And the guy gets his two cards, and then more people get their two cards or two boxes of cards, and like I check out and then I'm hanging out on the food court eating my hot dog, and there were so many people at self checkout at regular checkout with Pokemon cards and I and it is the uh og one fifty one set, which people are going wild for because it has like, uh I think a very popular it's either it's probably a Chargezard card, but I think it. There's also a Blastois card. And I was just very thankful that I was in one of these people. I think I've kicked the habit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I've been many fun though. But he said it was a one fifty one set. I'm like, oh, that sounds pretty nice actually, but he was.
Speaker 2: He was insane because so many people had camped out afterwards and gone to the food court, taken up all the tables, not eating anything, taking up so much space for the people that are like trying to like have a quick snack or meal with their family, and they're like ripping open these cards.
Speaker 4: And just trying to wait to go home.
Speaker 2: Huh, couldn't even wait to go home. And then and then I saw a guy that I recognized that was early in the queue come back around to uh to check out, and then they told him like, no, man, you can't, you can't buy them. You were a hit your two two boxes per limit, and he was freaking out. Oh no, he was causing a scene.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, the average around.
Speaker 2: My age mid thirties, right, yeah, mid thirties.
Speaker 5: So is this a nostalgia play?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, yeah. I think I think of the people that you're describing as they sound healthy and normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I will say I did see a couple vapes afterwards, of people carrying their Pokemon cards and vaping afterwards.
Speaker 3: I'm just not smoking cigarettes, so yeah, help, Hey, things are going great across the board. What the hell?
Speaker 2: Anyways, I felt like I should get a part time job at Costco so I can pill for these cards, just because I think it'd be hilarious. Also, like a lot of them were.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: One guy pulled out a scale for his cards to weigh them.
Speaker 3: Yes, like some packs weigh more if they have the right card.
Speaker 2: Incredible, right because like I guess, the rarer cards are a little thicker, right, the foil the foil, yes, so that they were weighing cards. And then I swear to god, I saw so many eBay apps open just waiting to also sell, like the whole boxes and everything, And there were plenty of like parents that also just bought into the hype. And you know, when you see a line, you just go after it. Also, sure right, you don't want to miss out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, ah gosh.
Speaker 2: I Pokemon cards are a problem. Just play the And the thing is that that bugs me the most. I bet you ninety percent of these people buying all these boxes have no idea how to play the game.
Speaker 4: Oh there was sure scalpers, right, which you know I do. I like scalpers at least because they helped me feel like I have a real job, which is something.
Speaker 6: I remember that week that the PS three and the we were coming out, they're like a week apart, and I was writing for the paper, and both nights that they were coming out, like the night before I went to Walmart, went to best Buy, I went to Target, to all the lines and went down and was like, I think I shot a video like interview and everyone asking, and it was something like ninety eight percent of people were there just to sell them on eBay, you know, like they'd be like one guy at the front that's like I'm just really excited about resistance, Like the rest were just all selling them.
Speaker 2: Well, talking about paper cards to paper Mario, Jeff Grubb, you've been playing Paper Mario thee thousand Year Door, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about my good friend Mike. You wanted me to finish this game, and I'm like, you know what, I do enjoy it, why don't I go back there? And as soon as I picked it back up, it was to get onto the train, which turns out to be like kind of a mystery, a bunch of mysteries. There's a detective, and I'm like, well, had I known this, I would have been back here immediately. It just continues to be very fun, very good. It's I definitely like just lost my momentum with it and so just be like, oh, I'll force myself to go back and that was the right choice. I'm gonna see it through now. I you know, I think I'm still at a point with that game where the structure of each of these adventures like going from one to the other maybe did get a bit samey. So having this break helped with that. I think had I gone right back into this after cleaning the thing before it, I probably would have been feeling a little bit worn out by the formula. But in this moment, it's like, oh no, it's just a pleasant game with really fun characters, really sharp writing. I like, I like the combat still and now we're getting long breaks between next it's it's playing around doing a bunch of other things on this train. We're just investigating things. There's a couple of people asking me to look for some stuff. It's not like big and sprawling. It's a train, so I kind of know where everything is so it's easy to manage. Uh yeah, just continues to be a very very solid game that I'm I'm happy I'm going to finish here.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's definitely one of go ahead chance.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I think I got to pick this up. Now, I think I got I've never played Paper in Your Door.
Speaker 5: Oh you never played Janet.
Speaker 4: It's so good and you know that chapter structure like so yeah, sometimes it can be a little bit like, uh, you know, kind of like up and down, up and down. But each chapter does a pretty good job of switching things up, and some of them really switch things up, like this train murder mystery parody moment here right, which again is just sort of really well done and it is a lot of fun. Relatively laterish in the game, I'm trying to think, Jeff, well, what else do you have? You have you done? That's what island one?
Speaker 3: I don't know there's I think there's just this and then and then one kind of thing after this, one chapter after this.
Speaker 4: And then lead ish.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure, there's like the pro wrestling section, which is incredible.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, where you get your own little baby Yoshi. It randomizes the color of it, so it's very exciting to see what color you get.
Speaker 3: What what's Mario's wrestling name?
Speaker 5: Oh the Great, the Great Gonzales.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, it's great.
Speaker 4: It as gray as the baby Yoshi like only knows him as that because he's born he's the Great Gonsolate, so he after the entire game, we'll call him Gonzale.
Speaker 6: To play this remake because I played with that. I only went through the one time, and it was like five years ago. I feel like I kind of want to play it again.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so really good.
Speaker 5: It's so freaking good.
Speaker 4: Like playing through, I'm like, oh this, you know, it was always either this or Mario RPG is my favorite, and playing both of the remakes and I enjoyed both of them, I am like, no, it's thousand year Door. This game is too freaking good.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, question for you boys, what is the best fake wrestler name.
Speaker 6: Fake wrestler as in in a movie or TV show? It's Thunderlips, right, Thunderlips is good. Captain Insana, Captain Insanos. The Kevin Sana was a wrestler in The Water Boy, right, Like.
Speaker 2: Yes, Boom is.
Speaker 3: Good and really the way he sells sells show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might be Bones. What's the name of the guy in uh gosh, the freaking weird comedy with David Arquette and.
Speaker 5: Ready to Rumble.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's just like the King, right he's it's Oliver Platt, which was the weirdest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, God, that movie sucks.
Speaker 3: I love Oliver Platt.
Speaker 4: Jimmy King, Jimmy King.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's that's the Have you seen the.
Speaker 6: Clip of David Arquette on Nitro eating ship through the gimmick stage.
Speaker 4: No, it's incredible.
Speaker 5: I probably saw it at the time and GDP.
Speaker 6: Are climbing the like tron to do a spot and the stage was gimmicked because they were going to do a spot where they fell off and fell through the stage. When David Arquette was supposed to be in that spot, they just told him, like, hey, go out through the tron and just take a rite and go over there and then do whatever. They didn't tell him the stage was gimmicked, so he just ate ship through this like wooden stage that was gimmick to like shatter and everything. You can see You see David Arquette leave the frame and then the camera pans over and he's just in a hole.
Speaker 4: Cat hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: There could be there could be a at least caught again hole.
Speaker 5: King of the Ring, Ring of the King. I don't know read forget the name of it. Yeah, it's a very generic name.
Speaker 2: Rumble Bone Saw is very good and that's.
Speaker 6: The best casting, like weird past his prime macho. Yeah, that's great. That's like rap album era macho man.
Speaker 3: It's a good line.
Speaker 2: Read oo he's ready. Yeah, I feel like there was no direction, No, Raimy just let him.
Speaker 4: Cook and he was the good guy in that scene because Spider Man got homophobic or something, right.
Speaker 2: Ye, right, yeah, and then his uncle died.
Speaker 5: He let it happen.
Speaker 4: He let it happen.
Speaker 5: Spider Man hel.
Speaker 2: He has heal moments.
Speaker 3: Okay, definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Speaking about going back to games, Jeff Grubb, You've also gone back to Star Wars Outlaws.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm like, so, I think I've been mentioning the last couple of weeks here on the BombCast that was having a hard time focusing on stuff and starting up new games, and I'm like, I think, really big part of it is there's so a handful of things I want to clear up from last year and keep playing. And when I was like super honest with myself, it's like the one I want to be playing the most of Star Wars Outlaws, So I've gone back to that. They've updated a bunch so it runs better. The gameplay improvements, I feel like they just added some extra juice on top of everything. There's definitely the aspects of people being like, oh, the automatic failure in stealth scenes is they did that? So it's like it's no longer going to be an automatic failure. You can continue to play through that and just shoot your way out if you want, Like, great, that's awesome. I didn't notice that too much because I would just sneak through and usually get through and it would be fine. Skill issue is what you're saying, skill issue exactly, I think. I think the other part of this A lot of those things happened earlier in the game, and it's one of the reasons I think the game had such a rough patch early on. It's like people would just play these parts and hate it and not get to a lot of the good stuff. Later, I'm into a lot of the good stuff, and I think the extra juice is like the blaster fire just seems a lot more like vibrant and alive, Like getting shot at now feels dangerous and cool, and your weapon Like part of it is I've upgraded my weapons so that it feels cooler, but just like getting shot at by enemies feels so cool now. So these action sequences are even more effective than they were before. And then you still have all of the awesome connective tissue that made this game so neat in the first place, which is going to these cool planets like Jimmy and it being this you know, snow planet that's kind of like Tibet a little bit, and going through there and finding all the food vendors all that stuff is still awesome. And now because the performance, it looks better than ever and runs really well, and you know, I'm getting like one hundred and twenty frames per second with the lyss and stuff like that, so it just looks really smooth, and I'm just enjoying being in that place. I think I've come to accept that I like being on the planets. And then anytime I do like a little side quest and it's like, okay, now getting the ship and go fly out to a random point in space and do something out there and then come back to the plan I'm like, I don't want to do that, Like, let me just stay on this planet. So there's some aspects of like the structure that I'm still not in love with. I think this is still mostly an okay to good game. I think it's landing more towards good these days, but you know it's not one. I'm like, hey, this was a nine out of ten, and you should have spent seventy dollars on it the day it came out. This is definitely Hey, if you can get it for forty to fifty dollars and you understand some of its flaws and shortcomings and you're okay with still liking a game despite those things, it's still that. But for me, it's like that, I throw that stuff out immediately and I'm just now just having a really good time with it still, Greb.
Speaker 2: Do you think this game would have performed differently if it wasn't tied to Ubisoft?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I do think there's a Yeah, ubi Seft's just having a thing right at a moment right now where, Yeah, people hear that name and they have a certain idea of what those games are going to be a lot of times a correct estimation of what those games are going to be, and they're burnt out by that, and they don't trust that company, and they you know, think that you know, I could just wait a little bit and get it on sale and then that's what that game's actually worth. So the idea that you're even trying to charge seventy dollars out of the gate in the first place is an insult to me. Yeah, I think Ubisoft has just got some bad juju right now, and that's hurting all the stuff it puts out. Well, see how that works out for Shadows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine. Everyone's just going to start charging one hundred dollars for games and that's going to save everything.
Speaker 3: Man, we'll talk about that in the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, motherfuckers. If you missed it. Last Friday, we did a charity stream for La Wildfire Relief and Mikey you put on the rundown Bowser's Fury.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's funny because you know we did that race, but the race was just to beat the game, so we all did that also, me, Jeff, Dan and Sean. That was just such a fantastic time. That was one of my favorite dreams we ever did here. Obviously, you know, doing it for a good cause getting to hang out, but also Bowser's Fury. Gosh, that is a fun game that like you know open world structure there where there's there's basically just all these mini levels floating amongst this open world and you use plessy to kind of swim your way between them. And I'm like this and this was kind of like the somewhat test Slash Drone together version of that idea that was made to kind of give a little bit of a bonus to the three D world port on switch Boy. I'm excited to see what the new three D Mario is. I'm like kind of like preparing myself now that it might not be a long schame for the switch too, if it's Mario Kart instead of that. But a guy, I used to hope that it's this year because Bowser's Fury was still just so much fun, very easy game to play through in one sitting.
Speaker 6: I feel like it was easy to forget how good it was too, because I don't know if you were like me where it's like it came out. I heard it was like a five hour thing. I played through it all in like one or two sittings, loved it, remember loving it, and then I didn't touch it since then. So it's been like since it came out that I last touched it, and it's like immediately been like, oh, right, this is I want this to be the blueprint for every Mario going forward, and.
Speaker 4: For me personally, like my association was with Bowser's Fury became more, oh this is the game I got in trouble in the tend with because I said how many catch shines were in it and it wasn't supposed to write, so like you know, the meme became reality there a little bit. So it was nice to remember, no, no, this is actually a very very good game. It was worth going to Nintendo G four.
Speaker 3: It'll wait for me.
Speaker 2: It's a game you did your time, Mike, It's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right, Yeah, you've been rehabilitated. I think for me it's always a reminder of assessing games in the time and then assessing games years later, especially once you start getting out of the generation that it's in. It's a very different thing. It just is. And what I want from a game when I am like reviewing it and recommending it to people and I know they have to pay a lot of money for it is very different. Then it's like, what are some good games on this system that is no longer you know, a going concern and the switch is not there, but it's getting there, And so I'm having that retrospective vision now and looking at it's like, well, clearly, yes, Bowser's Fury is a standout game on the Switch because you don't have to be like worrying about oh, and it's only three to four hours at this point. That is a positive for that game, where it maybe was not when it first came out. So yeah, I think at the time it was it was easier to forget. And now as we get out of the switch, it's gonna be one of those where it's like, oh, yeah, that system had Bowser's Fury, one of the you know, one of the best three D platformers ever. Who cares how long it.
Speaker 6: Is, so grab you're doing these reappraisals, now is it time for Red Dead two?
Speaker 3: For you? I will always be willing to reappraise something. Like I said, I did do that one stream where it's I went in there and immediately had a bad time again.
Speaker 6: But I would say don't stream it because I've considered that several times as I started playing it again, like oh, maybe I'll just stream some like Bounty Hunts or something here. But then the second no, this is gonna be my playoff line.
Speaker 3: So there is what's his name, the guy that sits on the exercise ball on YouTube. He did Abe Newle, Yes, Gabe newele I can't I can't remember his name. He started ball media someone in chat will help me remember. But he did a Red Dead Redemption two video not long after I did my story on Gamespeed explained why I thought it was a disappointment, and his video was like, point by point, like all the stuff I was feeling. He did a great job, Naked Jaki, Thank you everybody. He did a great job of extrapolating on those ideas and saying all the things that I was feeling. He then did another video recently, I think last year, where he's like he went back to Red Dead Redemption two and he said I found ways to appreciate it. He mostly found ways to appreciate it by installing mods. And I think that is probably my way to get to a game that I will really love from Red Dead Redemption two is make it my own sure, and so I will probably go that route, and I'm sure I would have a good time with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big Naturals, I got it.
Speaker 3: Grub, thank you, thank you for understanding.
Speaker 2: I think it speaks to how good of a game Bowser's fury is because when you three and Sean get into the competitive mode, I noticed a little bit of tension and salt building up. But I don't think there was any real tension or any real fury or hurry amongst y'all. You all were just enjoying the game. It was a race a bit, that's it.
Speaker 6: I would have played it probably a bit differently, Like if we weren't racing at every one of those islands, I would have gotten all five of those yeah coctibles and stuff like that. But like it was a fun addition to it where it's like, am I gonna waste the time to find these last two cat things?
Speaker 5: Or do I need to fucking move here?
Speaker 6: Like I would do this exact race again with this exact same Yeah, Like I feel like that's it feels ever going to me.
Speaker 2: It was so much fun and it was a good time because of that, Dan Reikert, you had to play Crimson Skies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I won Bowser's Hurry, and so we got to pick a classic retro.
Speaker 5: Game to play that we hadn't played before. So I played.
Speaker 6: No, I lost, and Mike gave his punishment homework Assignment, which for those who didn't see it, the punishment was the winner got to pick a game that the three losers had to play that they had not played before, and the idea was, it's a good game. It's not like a Blake Club type thing. And so Mike picked Crimson Skies for me for the original Xbox and it's very backwards compatible, and it is really good. It is something that like if I'm enjoying it a lot right now, but it is so in that almost like twisted metal rogue Squadron style of just like here's a big empty here's here's a big map. There's collectibles, there's power ups, there's heel spots, there's a bunch of enemies, there's boss fights. But like there's a lot of variety in it that I don't think I expected. There's you know, a lot of like, okay, escort the zeppelin. Go there's a gyrocopter, Go collect this fragile delivery and try.
Speaker 5: To bring it through a canyon.
Speaker 6: Lure this enemy ship into a canyon where we've got a bunch of anti air stuff going off. And you can also get out of your plane and take like you can go to a friendly zeppelin and take over the turret on top, you can switch to the turret on the bottom. Like there's there's robbing a train, there's like kind of trials of you know, flight and combat.
Speaker 5: And stuff like that. There's just a lot of a lot of variety that I.
Speaker 6: Don't think I would have expected in this, like Xbox era you know plane game. You know, I grew up on a combat on PlayStation, which are great games, but this has a lot more variety than that, I think.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, they're making an adventure game. Yeah yeah, not like but like adventurous game, not adventure the genre.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's kind of like it's like Sky Captain type.
Speaker 3: Of Indiana Jones.
Speaker 5: And yeah, that's one things I always liked about.
Speaker 4: You know, there's so many, you know, games where the setting or theme is sci fi fantasy, modern warfare, and this one has that very pulpy nineteen forties adventure film kind of thing, and you know, like the music does that so well too, just the way the radio chatter is all the late you know people, toxic catchers that specific feel very well. And also lots of turret sections.
Speaker 5: I thought Dan.
Speaker 4: Would like that.
Speaker 6: I love a good turret section, even like it's just got those dumb little missions that I'm sure we drive some people nuts, but I love where it's like, all right, follow this plane that's dropping weather balloons and you need to shoot all the ones that don't have a blue cross on them, and so it's like you have a time limit and it's like you have to kill nineteen of these things and you can't hit a single blue ones like shooting gallery stuff. But it all controls well. I'm surprised there's not like a cockpit view for the planes. But yeah, I think I'm over halfway through it now and I really really enjoyed it. So good, good choice, Mike.
Speaker 4: Good glad for having fun with it. Now you can join me on my yelling crusade to get them to make a new one, because the game like this, you know, this keeps all right surprisingly open like you talked about, but one like a really big, continuous open world and with monographics, got that would be incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see you two have also banded together to also play Donkey Kong Country Returns HD.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I stand by it's one of the best platformers of all time.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean two D You know, maybe I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 5: I never I didn't play before.
Speaker 4: This is my first time going through it, and I am having a lot of fun with it, especially you know, in like original Donky gunt Country, you get to a mine cart level and you're like a little weird, like, oh god, it's gonna maybe be a little annoying. Mine cart levels here are really fun. I like the angry Bird style rocket barrel levels even more.
Speaker 6: Yeahs like flatty Bird where it's just a lot of like tapping.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, sorry, yeah exactly. The flappy bird style thing there is really good. Yeah, it's just kind of really all together. Saw it Sometime I'm I hate myself for this. I have this problem with.
Speaker 5: It's a big problem.
Speaker 4: But like, I have more fun if I don't care about things like getting the Kong lists a lot of times.
Speaker 5: But I also can't help I pass up on the puzzle pieces.
Speaker 6: I mean, I when it originally came out one hundred per the game got all the puzzle pieces and stuff. This one, I'm just doing Kong letters, but I can pass up the puzzle pieces.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So like again, it's because you know, you can get to a pretty good flow state here, right, especially with the rolling and I always love that Donkey Knng Country move where you can roll off a ledge roll in the coyote time.
Speaker 5: Right, So that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: But you know, so I kind of hate that I'm on a roll and then like I see a letter and I like stop and kind of like looking around.
Speaker 5: I only get the letter and I kind of want to just keep going.
Speaker 6: I think I know what you will say to this, but I think I'm going to say this. I don't know if I've ever thought this before. I think it's the best Donkey Kong game. I know you're gonna say ninty four, You're gonna say ninety four.
Speaker 5: I'm okay.
Speaker 4: Anything with Donkey Kong in the name.
Speaker 5: I think this is a Donkey Kong. I think even amongst the country games to two the two two is my second favorite.
Speaker 4: Sure, I don't think it's a ridiculous thing to say that. Oh yeah, I could see this being a person's favorite for sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it was also came out at a time where it's like now, it's an embarrassment of riches in terms of great two D platformers, like especially like the NDCE and stuff that's'm playing like Celeste. Again, there were so many but I remember when I reviewed this a Game Informer, was it twenty ten something like that. We're still only like a few years into that, Like XBLA renaissance of all these like oh n plus Explosion Man and like two D specifically two D platformers I think had just recently been kind of coming around, and so for me to see this like really good looking new Donkey Kong Country game was still like a novelty at the time, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, because for a while it was you know, it was almost like tabbooed to make a home console two D platformer games from one of these big companies, and Antito was doing it a bit with like new Super Mario Brothers. Even then a lot of that stuff was more for the portables, So yeah, we had a new Super Mario Brothers. We but yeah, something about Donkey Cutchry returns. It was like, no, we're just gonna make a lot of these, and in fact, for some franchises, this is maybe the better option. We tried Donkey Kong in three D and well whatever that was, that was something maybe the two D thing is better here, And for a while I resented it a bit because it kind of took a while for them to get a little bit adventurous with three D stuff. Again, like Kirby was stuck a two D forever. We haven't had a new three D Donkey Kong, we haven't had a solo three D Yoshi game. They just keep those series to two D. I think with like Warrio, right, we had like the fun GameCube three D Wyrio game, then.
Speaker 5: That series just went back to two D or micro games.
Speaker 4: But I am glad that they did eventually get over that kind of you know, being afraid to make two D games thing for a while there.
Speaker 6: We and especially this one, like coming out on the Switch makes sense to me because like as great as it was on the Wei, having to waggle to do the role and that's a very frequent thing you have to do suck. And then three DS was better because you don't have to worry about that. But it's also tied to the three DS. So it's like, this is one that I want on my switch. I wanted to be backwards compatible and my switch to I want to just be able to play this game without doing waggle bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's the work that I kind of want them to do with a lot of their games that are stuck on these sword consoles, is just get them set up for the long term on the switch and that'll be good. And yeah, seeing that for Donkey Kong is is fantastic. And they made a big point about, hey, now all the Donkey Kong Country games are on the switch. I you know, I think they're going to do that with a lot of franchises.
Speaker 6: I still haven't beat Donkey Kong Country three. That's the only one I e beat. It's I've tried it so many times. And some of the level design and a big dumb baby Kong. I hate that stupid Kong.
Speaker 4: I hate people.
Speaker 3: I don't like looking at it, look at that in Wow Wow.
Speaker 5: Dixie is great.
Speaker 4: Love Dixie. Fucking dum Baby.
Speaker 5: Fuck that guy. Big people hating Kongs.
Speaker 4: You see, like some people are really upset about the new Donkey Kong.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: It's been this since like the Super Nintendo, you know, like let's let's get Donkey Kong in there.
Speaker 4: It makes up a little bit. It's okay.
Speaker 3: Well, I like the Donkey Kong Country designs, but like Rares like talents have never been character design like kind of going back to a different design is fine. I love it.
Speaker 5: I love Rare's dumbass characters.
Speaker 4: Just everything just has big eyes, a lot of cash with eyes.
Speaker 5: Yea flower with boobs.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Giant thing of poop, the giant thing of poop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's no way to transition to Dark Souls three, so Mikey tell me all about it.
Speaker 4: Actually, I've been picking up a lot of dung piles in that game. Yeah, I've been kind of working through the Dark Soul series. Started three up a couple of weeks ago. I was always looking forward to this one because I knew it was gonna be, you know, a little bit faster paced, a bit a bit more out and ring like and always I like the slower pace of Dark Souls one is fine, but I was excited to do something that was gonna feel more like Elden Ring doing my deck Bill. So I'm doing a lot more rolling and whatnot. But yeah, having a great time. Very very pretty game. A lot of really interesting looking areas, like the one place that basically looks like a winter Thomas Kincaide painting fun bosses. I will say that I like did the first DALC the other day. I think my streaming my chat tricked me to doing it earlier than I should have, and I did not enjoy that I was in like some snowy place inside of a painting. It suddenly kind of felt a bit like Dark Souls two again, where there's like all these areas where eight enemies are attacking me at once and there's nothing I can really do about that, so I'm just trying to run past them. Then they kill me anyways, and it's just kind of really annoying levels with bad platforming sections here or there, and I'm wandering around four hours before I even find a boss that I want to fight. Then I got to the boss and it was very difficult. Then surprised they had a phase two. Then I you know, had to try harder it beat the face two and that was very difficult. I was real proud of myself. Then the fucker out of Phase three, and then I was like, all right, well, I'm gonna go do something else for a while, come back to this part later. Then I'm not banging my head against this wall forever. So big. Not a super infant of that DLC, but Dark Soul's three in general, very good, might be my favorite of those games so far.
Speaker 2: Lovely, Lovely, Jeff Grubb, I have no idea what this is that you put on the doc here, this looks like an acid trip sound self a technodelic de.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an acid trip. Oh, so it's okay. So I was at my first E three. No, couldn't be in the firs. It was an early three. Early VR stuff is getting shut up now, I'm saying that this might have been a GDC, and it was like there's a weird person who had a VR headset say hey, come, come, like uh meditate with my VR our game. I'm like, okay, let's go see what this is about. And they put me in like the development kit one Oculus rift headset thing with the like really bad screen all that stuff. But I just like laid down on a pillow in the middle of GDC, and I there was the microphone could pick up your humming and you're supposed to go, and then the speakers of the VR headset feeds that back to you and then sometimes like messes around with that sound a little bit and you get in this loop. And then they just placed like win app visualizer stuff in front of you. So the way it works now is this was on Steam. They took it off Steam a couple of years ago. Actually, I think they shifted it over to be actually a medical app or something like that, or actually to use it in real therapy. But since I bought it, I still have it on steam. And the way it works now is you are laying in a field and you start to making like your you know, transcendental meditation sound whatever it is, and the leaves on the tree again to like sway, and like you can kind of see this little twirl of branches up at the top of the tree, and every time like you take a breath and do a new sound, it like shifts you up towards that little part of the branch until you begin to like enter into it. And then that's when like the universe opens up in front of you and basically turns into the win APT visualizer again. It is a very cool trick. It's a very neat thing to experience, to the point where it's like you just kind of get into this flow state and you kind of you do feel like the self begin to like fade away and you're just in this moment and then all of a sudden it's over and they they put you right back into the field underneath the tree, and I just take off the headset. I'm like, all right, I'm ready for my day. It's a very weird, neat thing that I'm super into, and I like, I always forget about it. And then I was just in my VR headset the other day. I was gonna play some stuff on the bean bag and I saw that in my VR thing on Steam and I just streamed it to that and it's like, oh, yeah, that thing. So I've only done it times in my life, but each time, I'm like, this is a really cool neat thing that I wish more people had known about.
Speaker 5: Sure you didn't just do d MT.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not sure. Okay, what's definitely possible.
Speaker 5: It's a drug. Things happened like what he described.
Speaker 6: All Right, I'm looking at images on the Oculus web page and yeah, it looks like a one visualizer.
Speaker 5: I would try this.
Speaker 4: You should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if there's a way for anyone to try. Yeah, it's very neat. I think you would like it.
Speaker 5: Should I have marijuana first?
Speaker 3: It helped me.
Speaker 5: Okay, the cops got disappointed. Your dare camp counselor would be dandy if you tell.
Speaker 3: Us, Mike, we're gonna have your brother sent to prison for stealing hacks yep, all right, the mini family.
Speaker 2: In front of us speak about getting into a flow state. Dan reichert, have you edited a flow state while playing Clone Hero?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: This has been interesting.
Speaker 6: I saw, I think, I said, Steve Saylor posted like an Instagram story and I saw them playing like on a modern TV and console with like these sharp looking guitars and like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 5: And I messaged him, was like what guitar is that?
Speaker 4: What are you playing?
Speaker 6: And he told me was the the PDP riff Master, And so I got one of those. I got the Xbox and PC one, and god damn, I I well, my first thought was like, okay, back in the day all my rock band and Guitar Hero stuff was on Xbox, So I'll get the Xbox one. I looked it up, and she'll be able to pull in all the old sound you know, the song packs and everything I got, And so I loaded that rock band for at first about the like Rivals bundle, and sure enough there's it's like all the rock band four tracks, which I didn't love, and I thought I had more tracks. Maybe I'm thinking of Guitar Hero or something, but it was just like ah, here's a Queen of the Stone Age pack.
Speaker 5: Here's a David Bowie pack.
Speaker 6: But I didn't I had like one hundred songs or something, and then shout out to NICKI telling me about Clone Hero, and Nikki also sent some links that were very helpful at making that work easily, and so I immediately there's you know, led Zeppelin, all the stuff that like you wouldn't normally find a guitar here or I mean, I don't know how legally all is or whatever, but there's stuff like guns and roses, like I don't know why they never put appetitpe for destruction in uh in rock band or anything. No way to know for sure to know, but yeah, it's like, wow, you can play Sweet Child of Mine and all this stuff on rock band. My brother in law's band had like Thank You, SID has had like eighty tracks on there, and it's like, what a Bat's awesome that I nailoaded Cody Roads theme song. I got Stone Cold theme song. They didn't have Batista. I got John Cena. It's just like, yeah, playing John Cena's theme on a guitar. Yeah, Colony ro seems awesome. I mean, it's not like the fancies layout. I've seen you can you can do your own backgrounds and stuff like that, but you just want to play the songs, play the songs, and it's just like, yeah, it's it's the search their software and stuff out there where you can find a whole lot of songs and stuff that download. And yeah it works for and also that guitar is awesome. The guitar is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my question. Do you think it'd be worth the price?
Speaker 2: How much is it?
Speaker 6: And I think it's like one hundred. Do you want to hear something? I mean, if you want to play it is really solid.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 6: I like it better than the old It's wireless, got a dongle, and the cool thing is it has this like flip down thing where like the whole like kind of fret bar or whatever you want to call it. I'm not a musician, Uh, flips down and so you just fit it back into the box or I've got a thing here. Yeah, it's it's nice, Like it's a really solid guitar.
Speaker 3: I've done this same exec setup but for DDR with step Mania, which is an app you can download that's basically just clone Hero for DDR. I basically have that set up on this computer all the time. That's that's the way to do it these days. Yeah, because the community sport is off the chart for all these things.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, so really really enjoyed that. So it's great to have that grub.
Speaker 2: I've seen a couple people streaming that washing Machine looking rhythm game.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah one. I just played that at Yeah well and games done quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I need to figure out a way we need to get sh that washing Machine setup at home, because you would be I'd love to, like you have the camera set in front of the or behind the screen so you're like you're staring at the people as you're doing the rhythm game. It'd be great, it'd be that'd be my whole job was really fun.
Speaker 3: It was great. I was like really getting into it, dancing like there again, I have some video, Chris, so I'm sorry. A J got some video of us, so I'll see if I can share that.
Speaker 4: Anymore.
Speaker 2: No, that's right, myma is what the washing Machine game is called apparently, Okay, okay, yeah, it'd be a nice top down view for a stream, just like it is a top down isometric game that I've been playing called super Vive. I saw someone chatting about this on the twitch chat last week while I was talking about Marvel Rivals. Supervive is a isometric squad based battle royale. If you look at it just from screenshots or the trailer, it'll remind you of like a DoD To two, perhaps a League of Legends. And it's out in early access right now, and I really wish I liked it more because I do have a little bit of like the League bug or the League virus still within me that I've been keeping at bay. It's just I don't know if I like controlling an isometric character through wasdy. I'd rather do just mouse to flick them around and trigger off abilities. It's okay. I think the problem is because it's an early access and I've been spoiled by games like Marvel Rivals. There's only there's a very small character pool from the jump, and they do the thing where you take turns with your teammates to walk off and select characters. So I got stuck with a character that I wasn't super familiar with. Like the tutorial didn't do a good job at show all the characters that you can mess around with at early access and it is it is bedlam because you launch onto a map just like you would in Fortnite or pubg and then from there you are kind of learning the lay of the land and looking for other teams. The thing is much like a Fortnite. If you get eliminated or you get killed, your party has the ability to revive you, and it seems like it is near unlimited revives and you don't need to go to a specific location like you would for like a revived van in Fortnite. The part that I am not meshing well with is it is a little too chaotic for me, and on top of the controls and just everything kills you. We wound up on a train and there wasn't an easy way to communicate with my party members of where we were going or what the danger was. And then the train killed me, not because it ran me over, but it had a bunch of weird turrets that I didn't realize were enemies or like a stage hazard. The neat thing though, is there is a glider in the game that is a big component of the game because there's some light platforming and if you shoot someone while they are gliding, they instantly drop, So I did get a couple of fun kills that way because they just fell to their doom. But overall I wasn't really clicking well with super Vive. But a game with a gigantic gun or a gigantic sword in it, that I do want to check out. Dan you taken a look at Blade Kimera.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is the one I wanted to get. I'm getting it right now.
Speaker 5: It has guns and swords.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It is a Metroidvania, which, boy, I've just been lousy with metroidvanias lately, between the dominant collection and this, and.
Speaker 3: It's an embarrassment of riches out there right now.
Speaker 6: It is, and it's one of my favorite genres I never get tired of. So whenever I hear there's a good one, I jump in and uh, probably a couple hours into this one. Very good so far, so square and circle. You can map to whatever weapons, so guns, swords, things like that. So like right now I've got like an assault rifle thing and I just have like the sword on x or sorry, I'm playing on Xbox, so X is my sword, b is my guns? And then why is this like spirit sword? It's almost like the skyword sword like it turns it. Sometimes it's the ladies, sometimes it's the sword. It talks to you all that stuff, and it's called me Lux.
Speaker 5: And so the sword is going.
Speaker 6: So there's like two different bars. There's your health and then there's your Lux bar, which is like your spirit sword thing. And if you get kills with your standard weapons, your guns and swords, you recharge your lux energy, which is like your MP. If you get kills with your lux abilities and sword and all that stuff, you get health. So it's kind of like a miniature version of that Doom Eternal kind of like health and Ammo economy thing, and it's cool like they like when you get skill points and things there are they usual like Okay, here's the kind of like dashed down jump, here's the slide, or you can do things where you're unlocking you know, things like oh your lexibility can now you set this thing like almost like a turret and sprays a bunch of bullets in a certain way so you can turn those on and off. So it's got kind of a good skill tree situation going on there, but great boss fights. It's a lot of the pain in the ass parts of metroidvanias, like the backtracking and things like that are really nullified here by you can just warp to most places. Like one of the first things I unlocked was the ability to just like look at a place on the map and just say, warp there. It doesn't have to be a warp room, doesn't have to be anything like that. There are certain areas where you can't do that, but for the most part, you can just kind of warp around, so it's not that constant like, oh, I got to get back to the saving room where I'm going to die. You can usually just warp back there and safe. But yeah, great boss fights, some weird enemies that I've enjoyed. It's it's really solid. Only a couple hours in, but I am going to keep going with it.
Speaker 4: But sexual twenty twenty five game, which yeah, it has been a lot of January releases here, which has been nice in a way because it has been letting me kind of play some odor things there. But yeah, we'd like to check out a twenty twenty five metro Vanya, especially before the deluge of big releases starts the next month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, god, this just does look like Game Boy Advanced Castle Vanya is where they're like, here, we have an idea for an enemy, how can we do it in two D? Here's a big cat I don't know, just have its head beyond this plane and the rest of its body be in the background. And I love that shit. I love the way that stuff looks.
Speaker 2: I think you'd like it.
Speaker 6: And there's like some little puzzle elements that like, I haven't really seen as much in Metroid Veniens, where it's like there's.
Speaker 5: A UV light will kill your spirit sword, So you have to.
Speaker 6: Find ways to like, Okay, I'm gonna stick the sword, because you can stick the sword and walls in the ground and stuff like that. So if you throw in the ground, it creates like a bubble shield around you that'll guard you against projectiles. If you throw it against a wall, like let's say you're jumping up towards a wall. If you hold why, it'll throw the sword in and you'll like get to use it as a platform. So the sword is pretty versatile. Like let's say you're about to go into this UV thing. Oh shit, I can't walk through it. It can cut my sword. You can stick the sword in the wall or the ground then you as your person go through the thing and tell the direct line of you to the sword doesn't go through in the UV, and then you can kind of like gott to war axe it back to your hands. So just some fun stuff like that. Yeah, it's it's a pretty unique one.
Speaker 3: It sounds big. I think I must have played this in like a steam neex fest last year or something like that, because it looks familiar and sounds familiar. I bet that's what happens. So yeah, I'm I'm ready to play this. I think I heard or saw Patrick Kleppik talking about it as well. Uh and so like this morning' like oh yeah, I should ad that to the list, and then forgot. So I'm glad you brought it up. I have now added to my account. I'm gonna download on Downloat on the steam Deck tonight.
Speaker 5: It's fantastic. I've only played it on the steam Deck.
Speaker 2: It's greatly more games should have spirit swords. Spirit swords, yeah, like a gigantic one following me at all times that I'd feel safe.
Speaker 5: What about my soul caliber like swords that have like goopy eyeballs and stuff. Yes, I like that.
Speaker 3: I mean if if you have the souls of human beings in there. That's that's good. I can handle that.
Speaker 2: Will I get corrupted? Or am I already corrupted?
Speaker 3: I think the fact that you want you want one of these swords means you're already corrupt.
Speaker 5: But so Jan is sigfreed right now. I do want to see what Nightmare Jan looks like. Oh guys, we aren't ready for that jungle juice.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, oh boy, to give me a couple of months, I'll show you all Nightmare Jen.
Speaker 3: Yeah go back. Yeah, we'lcome back to working at the coffee shop. And that was Nightmare Jan glowing us.
Speaker 4: Let's give me one of the people you know, pushing the kids aside to get a box of Polkemon cards or whatever.
Speaker 2: See, I'm reformed. I could have just jumped the line and stolen those Pokemon cards or jump some of those nerds.
Speaker 6: Let's make a Scared Street a miniseries with Jan talk like performing Pokemon nerds.
Speaker 2: I'll do it. I'll do it because they finally need it. Go outside, stop trying to make money selling cards, and go get a blue collar job. Goddamn it.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, I'm watching.
Speaker 2: All right, friends, We're gonna take a quick bricky break because that about does it for games. I like how quiet it is right now. It's about to get so fucking loud with video games soon. Yeah, February is right around the corner, boys. Uh, and the news is right around the corner as well, and we'll hear about it right after this break a break, Jeff Grubb, I actually have the first news story today. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 2: Due to social obligations, I helped chaperone a high school dance. Okay, and yes, no, the DJ was taking requests.
Speaker 3: Oh and I ask Googly Moogly, that thing is juicy.
Speaker 2: I asked him, Hey, I think it'd be hilarious if you put on the macarena. Oh yeah, And then he said, no, I am not going to play the makarena.
Speaker 4: What a funny tuddy exactly, like.
Speaker 3: God, love the power that they wheeled over us.
Speaker 4: Yes they do.
Speaker 5: They love it is that is their throat, right, that is their court, and they love to tell us no. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I think we were at some bar in l A. And I think I went up to the DJ and requested a song, and I got the vibe that I had violated him by requesting a song.
Speaker 5: So I don't think I trust DJs.
Speaker 3: I don't. Yeah, I think I'm I'm coming to your side on.
Speaker 6: This, and in general, if somebody says they're a DJ, I'm instantly like, all right, that's right, putting yourself down here, and you gotta climb out of a hole there.
Speaker 4: You know, I want to be careful because I you know, gosh, I used to go out so much. I like, get friends of a couple of DJs, and they happen to be listening.
Speaker 3: Listening to you.
Speaker 4: They're better than jugglers, but they're but not much DJ asked tits just perfect. No, that's very different kind of DJ we're talking about. Yeah, j is art, Yes, yes, yes, yes, uh yeah. Anyway, I was very offended, and then I high school dances are terrible, even witnessing them as an adult. I guess I should I guess I shouldn't ask, But are just so curious how you ended up chaperone high school dance social obligations.
Speaker 2: Mikey Uh, all right, that's the odd life I live anyway, Jeff grab the actual news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, my first news story is, uh, my kids now say the word clipbard instead of clipboard. Yeah, so they they love it. Actually, they love saying clipbird. They're out there all the time. They got a little favorite, big red dog, Yes, Clipberd, the big red dog. They love many things, tiny little things. They have a mini locker now for their toys, and they have many school supplies and they take all their kids their toys to school and they use all the many objects and stuff and one of them is a mini clipboard. And I mentioned my friend calls that a clipboard and they're like, well.
Speaker 2: Now we do too, and so wonder all of it?
Speaker 5: What about mini mouse?
Speaker 3: No, they've never heard of her. That clip show someone put together of the voicemail dump truck came out and I think that was one of the conversations they slept.
Speaker 2: So where that's going from.
Speaker 3: Yes, I said someone should make a clip show. And then someone just edited a clip show and it's out there. It's pretty good show.
Speaker 2: To you someone that did a good job.
Speaker 3: It's ct lens with a Z at the end on YouTube. So yeah, shout out to them, all right, news I Hey, the switch to was announced. You know, we'll go over the basics again. Real Quick showed off the form Factor and new Mario Kart. Mario Kart had twenty four places at its starting grid, so people are thinking maybe there could be twenty four racers instead of the twelve that were Mario Kart eight. The system itself is bigger, The screen is bigger, it has a smaller bezel, It is backward compatible. There are some exceptions they noted, but they did not say what kind of exceptions. People are speculating that it's because of the larger form factor. The joy Con won't work with stuff like Labo so things long that sort of problem, and not with like oh there's a software issue in some games just won't run. Although we don't know for sure yet, there was no price or release date. A bigger reveal is happening on April second. I think they called it a Nintendo direct a dedicated to those switch to at that point. More leaks have come out since then, and one seems to confirm that the switch to will have halt effect joy Con analog sensors inside them, basically the thing the Dreamcast had that solved drift twenty years ago, twenty five years ago, Jesus, and now Nintendo is going to be doing that as well so that they can avoid drift. Because they never really solved drift with the Switch one. It was a problem up to the end.
Speaker 5: Can you do a layperson's explanation of hal effect? Is it's something I hear a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I mean, basically, it just uses a magnetic field to tell where another magnet inside that field is, and it just it's one to one every time. It's more complicated than that, but that's the layman's explanation. It uses magnets.
Speaker 2: We'll never know. Another explanation of Hall effect is when you just keep a toothpick in your mouth and you throw it dramatically for cool effect, to be the bad.
Speaker 5: Guy and you get up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure if you were going to go with Scott Hall or Hall of Oates, but okay, similar to I always go to Scott Hall Skall Hall. The Switch To trailer has seventeen million views already, which it reached faster than the PS five reveal video. If you want to take anything from that. I think it has fewer views than the Switch one trailer did at this point, so who the hell knows views are free? It's not like you can tell much by that. And now Nacon a third party publisher. I think they might have published that RoboCop game last year or the year before that. As told investors, did expect switch To to launch between April and September. Again, we do not have a release date yet. So it's been about a little bit less than a week for us since we saw this switch to stuff. We've talked about it a lot and a lot of different venues. What are your guys thoughts on the switch to at this point?
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I think people are getting all up in arms about the lack of a fun gimmick. I think we will have.
Speaker 3: We will have whatever happened to fun Nintendo guys.
Speaker 5: Oh my, I am I am actually starting to get a little tilted from because.
Speaker 4: It's a crazy thing. It's a crazy thing to say, like right, I mean, of course it was going to just be the switch to, and they already are putting in probably more weird, little gimmicky things. I thought, I don't know what people wanted, but also like what was the real innovation with you know, yeah, the switch the home console of the Porpo thing. Things that really mattered were like innovations and software like Breath of the Wild doing what you know, crazy things you can still innovate on that level. Yeah, gameplay, and that matters so much more that we added a second screen to the thing again, which, by the way, would it be an innovation. It's just I'm doing an old.
Speaker 5: Thing before that you liked.
Speaker 6: I I agree with the you know, Alex Perry, I saw him post something like prior to the Switch, the hardware gimmicks that Nintendo put into their systems were like an obstacle. It's something that you just had to deal with to play the great games, you know, the game pad, the we waggle, all that stuff. It's like, it's not what made them great. It was just like all right, Like I saw my Donkey con Country Returns. Yeah, yeah, great fucking game. I just had to deal with the waggle to do it. It's not like the waggle made that a great game. So like, I don't give a shit, Like, look, the Switch is one of the best consoles of all time, and the gimmick is a thing that actually matters and works, and like, yeah, just make the next one like that.
Speaker 3: It's also just like a failure and pattern recognition that because this was never going to be the system that was going to be weird again, because Nintendo does one thing over and over again. They released the NES, then there's this Super Nintendo. They they go, you know, had the game Boy, then they had the game Boy.
Speaker 5: Advance sequel systems when it hit, there's a sequel.
Speaker 3: They always do a sequel system. To their heads, there was the Wei, there was the we, U was the ES, there was the three DSIX, there's sixty four d D like the children won't stop talking about. Yeah, the Big Natural is the system.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh Tetrosphere with big Cat.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite mod. I don't know that the first Tetrosphere, Big Naturals mod Jesus.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was always going to be the switch to fallow up. It was always going to be the game Boy advance to the game Boy. So uh, people like taking this and extrapolating as creative Nintendo is dead are weird and wrong and odd and I don't know what's wrong with them, Like, like, let's wait a little bit before we declare that to be the situation.
Speaker 2: I mean, a couple of seconds of that reveal trailer showed the new joy Cons being used as mice, not directly uses mice. Well, like alluded to Yes, suggestion.
Speaker 3: Just just wait, y'all.
Speaker 2: We we got a trailer that barely showed anything. Just wait till they actually show stuff off. I'm still a proponent that those joy cons will be used in a dumb optional way to control your Mario karts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna you're gonna got You're gonna be annoyed by something about this system without a doubt for sure. And then uh, and then they'll have fun little side gimmicks similar to street Pass that we don't know about yet. That stuff will still happen to I'm.
Speaker 2: Assuming that the joy cons, since they are magnetic now, they will only latch onto the like switch itself.
Speaker 3: Right, what do you mean, like I suppose to go?
Speaker 6: I mean, if they want to do like a lavo gimmick type thing, they could conceivably do weird accessories and stuff like that, the wee golf clubs.
Speaker 5: And stuff like that. You just had to have the base things also have the other end of that magnet.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of have that. I think we I forget we saw it's gonna have another one of those like mid connector shells that you can use as a controller.
Speaker 2: I just want to be able to slap on weird stuff magnetically to my switch to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, there will be a lot of that for sure, some of the other like you know, we're in the puddle news area where people are only fixate on the stuff that really scares them. And right now, one of the main things for that is the sort of tongue that sticks out of where the joy con connects to that little connector slot, the extending slot that is inside that little the hole where the joy Con goes into. People are looking at that and saying, that's going to break, and that is a point of failure and we should all be freaking out. Do you guys? Do you guys get that sense when you first looked at that thing.
Speaker 5: It would suck if it broke. H let's you know, see if it breaks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where I'm at. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like every time I disconnected the when you would attach the little like side gimmicks of the joy con to play like you know, Snipper Clips or Mario Party, you know, it always feels weird pressing that little button, like like there's like a crass like I don't like that sound at all, but like it's never actually broke anything, yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I my assumption here is they've tested this and they it probably will not break. It's not gonna be that thing.
Speaker 4: I understand people being like skeptical and work because we did have the joy kon drift issue, right yeah, Hey, an issue like shows up that would suck and we should do something about that. But I'm not like, you know, watching a video and trying to pinpoint what I think the next red ring of death is going to be, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean Nintendo knows that part of their core audience will be children that maybe may rough house with their switch.
Speaker 3: So yes, yeah, that's why I fad too. It's an outward facing little thing like that. It will be a great focus for them, being like what about kids? They will do that will if there is a point of failure, it will be something like drift inside the system, overlooked, cheap component, takes time to fail. It'll be something along those lines.
Speaker 2: It'll be the kickstand.
Speaker 3: It'll be the back of our kickstand, the back of our stand.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Nacon between April and September, I've like thought about this a little bit more because I'm like, they'll just they'll skip summer if it's not coming the summer, so it's either April, May or in the fall. I guess why wouldn't they release it in summer, Like, I'm trying to think of the reason I felt that way, and it was just a gut feeling of it's a bad time to launch a console. It doesn't make a ton of sense. But why did I feel that way? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Summer vacation people aren't home.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, I think so, But I think before the switch doesn't matter, Maybe the switch two doesn't matter. Yeah, it's maybe it's even the kind of system where like a family buys it on vacation and takes it to their you know, the their bungalow, their Airbnb, their room things out that there. Yeah, the rooftop parties that they're attending. So yeah, April to September does still sound plausible. I think I would probably lean closer to September though, if it doesn't come out like in May. But it's not May, it's going to be later in the summer some.
Speaker 5: May June hopes personally, but you know, I hope anywhere in that window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like September just because that next direct where they're going to talk about the switch more will be in April, and you want to give people enough time to get their pre orders in and everything. You think June would be too short of a turnaround time for that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm ex again. I think I think May is possible. Like I honestly like if I had, like, you know, do the chart it out and be like the bell curve. I think, you know, the fat part of the bell curve is May. That's like the most likely it's going to be May time. It's going to be May. And then June I think is is quite a bit less likely, but still likely. And then I think, you know, July, I just I just can't see it launching in July. I guess that's the thing. Late August September, that all makes sense, all right. Sony has canceled two more live service games, reportedly including a God of War live service game that was being made at Blue Point. Well's some details here. The other game was at Bend Studio. We don't know what Bend was making. This was part of a reassessment. That is, there was multiple reasons why they were doing these reviews. Some of it is that's just the normal course of business. They also were doing these reviews because there are new co CEOs and they want to get their hands on everything, make sure they understand everything. But let's be real, also, Concord happened, and there's still sense of what didn't we see and why didn't we see it? That they are going to go back and try to apply to every single one of these games that they're making, and you know, all those factors weighed on these things. And this process started in December, and so they were like going through December, kind of leaked a little bit into January, and then everyone found out that these games are getting shut down and it's a relatively recent thing. So these studios are not necessarily like being able to figure out what they're going to do next. I'm sure they have some ideas. Again, the process started in December, so at that time, if they're like looking around reading the writing on the wall at Bend and at Blue Point, they probably did start thinking, what are some other projects we could be working on? But yeah, this is definitely the continued fallout from what happened with Concord, and not too surprised that they don't want to go through with these things. But boy, that is a lot of time and effort and money thrown down the drain for games that will never come out, and a lot of human hours spent working on these games that will just be wasted. Greb.
Speaker 2: I think there's also a third game that has been canceled, the Horizon MMO or that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is the latest roomor I can't confirm that. I don't know, but yeah, that's that's definitely just popped off today And apparently.
Speaker 4: That was like, that's different from the Gorilla made her online Horizon Survival games somehow.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, nc Soft Horizon m m O RPG. Okay, yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. You definitely don't need that. And whatever Gorilla is working on that is a crazy thing that they were that they were doing over there. But yeah, I mean, the live service stuff has fully fallen out over at Sony. They're not in love with that concept anymore. What I did here is if these studios were to try to pitch new games, they definitely would not get the green light for live service games. If that's what they tried to pitch, I don't think they would want to pay. That's so this time right.
Speaker 4: That's so frustrated because, like I mean, two years ago, they were so loud, but that was the strategy, that was it, That was the gravy train, and to pivot so hard from that is got to be incredible whiplash for these studios. It's still just so shocking that, in this desperate pursuit of line going up, you just hit your wagons whatever the trend is right now without any thought of, well, trends are trends that they're called that for a reason. They don't last forever. How long is it gonna take us to make these games? How confident are we in all of this to just take ideas that only sound good in a boardroom meeting pitch like God of War MMO or whatever it was, right, and he's like, well, okay, there we go.
Speaker 5: There's an ip and a buzzword. We got it right there.
Speaker 4: Especially when a studio like Blue Point that was specifically so good at doing the thing that they were doing these amazing remakes, you know, oh, does a studio have to do that same thing forever and ever? Yeah, hey, maybe not, Maybe they could try something new original live service. That was the pivot for them again in this time and age. Yeah, where the game takes five, six, seven years to make and you cancel that all down the drain. And the problem with the Polication five already is that there just aren't that many PlayStation exclusives compared to the PS four and especially compared to the PS three. Now, oh that time is wasted, and you know we've already had that happen with things like factions that Naughty Dog got. Even Ben Ben would have been better off baking freaking day Shan the two instead of this. It's God, It's just it's frustrating for me. I can't imagine how frustrating it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, for sure, like this, especially Blue Point, who has done like really great work helping remaster stuff to like make them make an original or I guess it's something based off of God of War, which they've worked on, but like to ham fits them into like all right, kind of make an original game that has to make us boku bucks. It seems like a waste of that studios talent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and its like I might just mentioned it the frustration, I mean, because it's the way this stuff works is you know, people's one chat's like how much blame does Jim Ryan get and the way it works is like Jim Ryan's not sitting around being like, here are my creative ideas for this studio and what they're gonna make. I have the right ideas, and I'm going to go tell that studio what to do. I want a God of War online live service game and you're gonna make it. It just doesn't work that way. Like they hold the money bags, they hold the purse strings, and these studios get an idea of what the leadership is looking for. And for years, the leadership was looking for a pitch that would have said God of War and live service. Can you get those two things in there? And if you do, you have a better chance of getting the green light. You have a better chance of getting a lot of funding, so you can higher up and you know, pay the people that you are already paying, pay them more, give them some security long So this is what they want to hear. This is what we're gonna pitch them. Can we like feel good about this this pitch? It kind of like it's reverse engineered in that way, and they they take that to them, they get the green light, they think it's all good, and then one game goes bad and suddenly all that stuff gets thrown out through no like no fault of your own. The game you were working on probably was pretty decent, but it is it decent enough to overcome the headwinds against live service games that are trying to interermarket that's oversaturated. Probably not. And so some new calculus comes out and all of the math that made it make sense before it doesn't make sense now. And what are you left with going back to ground? And it is Sony going to want to hear like, here's another remake from Bluepoint. It's like, well, we were trying to grow you. We were trying to like make sure your next game made even more money than the last game did, and we're kind of going in ad opposite direction. We're like, now, let's remake of this game and this like maybe slightly lesser known game, and this slightly lesser known game. After that, it's like, no, we want to start building up with something new going forward. And so it's like, who's fault is all this? I mean, clearly the leadership. It's it's mismanagement. It is it is the mismanagement we've been talking about in this industry for a long time. But even they can't get a grasp on how to handle that, to fix the problem, because it just sort of happens naturally when you give these these leaders and these executives at these companies a certain set of environmental realities. Of these are the kinds of games to make a lot of money. People aren't spending a lot of time playing a bunch of different games. They are looking for their one hobby game. Uh it turns out they've already selected that, but we don't know that. We've got to try to break in and get our lottery ticket going. And when when that that's the environment, they just default to these bad decisions over and over again.
Speaker 2: So yeah, now those are some real days gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they sure are.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, Microsoft gets so much of the attention right with like, oh, Xbox is in big trouble. The failures there are you know, pretty pretty loud, uh, And we see the consequences of that, maybe more immediately. But PlayStation just has so many of the same exact challenges and again it's pretty loud too now with what happened with Concord. It is just it's it's hard over state kind of the impact that one games failure is going to have on you know, PlayStation and even the industry.
Speaker 2: M hm. What does this mean overall for Marathon though, because that is still being pitched as like a games or a live service game, right.
Speaker 4: Better hit. There's also rivers that bungees making a mobile too, right, So I don't know, but I feel like there's so many of these boy that game better hit moments in the industry right now, right, I mean absolutely if it would be soft and Assassin's Creed Shadows, yes, you know, it's like that with Grand Theft thought six, which you know it'd be weird if it didn't hit, but boy, it better hit.
Speaker 3: Mm hm oh man, imagine what what world we're gonna be? And if somehow Grand Theft out of six had like a cyberpunk style launch and it was just everything was on fire and international news stories be a rough place, yeah, it would be bad. Yeah. I mean, I just think that going forward, it's gonna have to be like these companies are just gonna do more cost cutting. They're probably going to cut more jobs while they try to figure out what's next. And that's so it's like that Survive twenty five is rough.
Speaker 4: We could we continue to spot this spiral of fewer and fewer games coming out, which specifically for PlayStation and Xbox is gonna be a big problems. That's that's the only differentiating thing now is these exclusives in a lot of wayspecs. You know, in a world win a switch to it's gonna be able to play a lot more of these third party games that you wouldn't necessarily have gone on the switch before. I don't know, it's it seems kind of like a scary time in the future for these companies, and something's got to get figured out with PlayStation. Maybe it's this move to revive some older franchises. Then maybe then hey, now we can figure out what Bend and Bluepoint do. They can you know, help revive this this old franchise and they can make that real specificity in some way. Maybe you can make them do something new, of course, but it seems like a slightly safer bet to do the old ip thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, I think they're just against the wall, right because they need to find new people to buy five hundred dollars consoles and they've sort of run out. Uh, you know, we we buy a lot of those, but that is not a growing market, and so spending a lot of excuse me, a lot of extra money making new games to entice people to buy that console. What we just said, well, new people aren't buying the consoles, so what are we doing this for. It's it's tough get that. That is why they continue to look outside of the console. Real quick about this, I did mention somewhere now I don't remember where, that people at the studios found out at the same time as the story went live, And while that is definitely true for some people, it definitely is true for because and really it was there was an email that went out about half an hour before the story went live over on Bloomberg, and many people did find out then, but of course some leadership new like I said that that the conversations about the review for these games was happening since December, so definitely some people had known for a while. And how that stuff is disseminated internally at these studios is always going to be different from studio to studio, so maybe a lot of people knew it one or the other. But really, what I was just trying to say is this stuff is happening now ish recently in the last couple of weeks, and their future is still very much uncertain about what they're going to be working on next. All right, let's see here, let me get back on the the right doc here, Okay. Dragon Age director leaves BioWare for an offer she couldn't turn down. Koran Bush, the game director of Dragon Age the Veil Guard, is leaving BioWare after eighteen years at Electronic Arts. Bush stated that her decision was based on a personal fulfillment and a desire for a new challenge. She expressed a pride in her work on Dragon Age the Veil Guard, saying that she helped bring the game back to a proper quality single player RPG. People don't remember that game was going to be a multiplayer online and Korn Bush came in and kind of rescued it and turned it into the game it is that is noticeable and respectable as a single player art even if not everyone loved it. It was clearly a rescue project that she is largely responsible for. Bush now acknowledged the challenges of the game's development cycle and the toll it took on her. While she believes Bywear is on the right track, culturally. She also noted that there is still work to be done. But yeah, basically she is going to a new job to make a new RPG at a different company after eighteen years moving up the chain at EA. And really, I think that's what these stories always are. We hear about a lot of directors leaving studios after making a project. There's only so far you can go up inside of a publisher like EA, and eventually then you just run out of a runway to continue improving your career. So at a certain point, if you want to move on, you got to move on to a place where it's like, well, maybe I could see myself becoming a chief executive or a chief creative officer or something like that, And that's just not going to happen at EA for someone working on the Dragon Age game, at least now, not immediately. It would take decades to get to posis yourself in that sort of thing. So really this is just, Hey, I want to continue growing in my career. This is the best way to do that. So yeah, she's moving on, and a lot of people at these studios are working on mass Efect go ahead.
Speaker 4: And well what the studio I thought that I heard that one she was fired and that two they're closing Bio Where Edmonton because the game was woke and sold bed.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this reporting initially came out of some online weirdos who immediately used it to lie that say that the studio was closing down, And everyone I've tried to like talk to about that says, I, No, there's nothing to that. Bio where Edmonton was a reportably going to close down in February. According to online liars, people who are their whole job is to grift and make people mad about wo can get paid money by doing that. Why would they have a reason to lie about such a thing. I can't imagine, but they did. And so when I was originally told about the story, I didn't even know about that, but I was told about the story, it was just that she's moving on and that's true, and the letter is real and here it is, and the studio is probably not going to close down. They are all working on mass effect. Yeah uh yeah, so thanks. I'll continue to still my stories from those guys absolutely, Sally guy. Yeah, plagiarism, that's what plagiarism is.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get sued.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get super plagiarism.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because of your big story, except that you said was it'sae. I've been deleting a lot of comments on YouTube, Lily, and I'll tell you what. Keep making them chuts originally so much joy to delete each of every one of them.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, that's right, all right, some more stories here.
Speaker 3: Analysts hope GTA six will cost as much as one hundred dollars. Uh, basically an analyst put out some two hundred page report. Doesn't seem very good. One of the suggestions is that people are hoping that Grand Theft Auto six will be one hundred dollars because then that would give permission and leeway and sort of the cultural space for other publishers to charge eighty or ninety dollars for their games that are not GTA six, and then that money will help make this whole business makes sense again, Hey, guys, if this is where we're at, we're done.
Speaker 2: We're cooked.
Speaker 3: This is like, this is not not ay charging more for your product. I get it, But that is the fundamental issue is all these games we continue excuse me talking about every week are very expensive and they're competing with TikTok, which is free and online and mobile games which are free, and that's what's really taking all the space out of their rem So what I mean.
Speaker 4: There's so many games where clearly the problem is like if people don't really want to spend so many bucks on a Star Wars Outbaws right, or even like you know, like a foul Fantasy sixteen, it's got These prices are kind of tough, right now. I get why these posters and developers can feel like that, like, let's be generous to say the eighty dollar thing at least, because these games are just getting so ridiculously expensive to make, but to expect to just raise the price and there not be some further massive drop off. I mean, honestly, the seventy dollars thing went worse than I expected, right, I thought the people would be kind of I think consumers can maybe handle that. There's a lot of other economic pressures going on there where that didn't fly so well. But yeah, we're not. People aren't really on board with that yet. Let's not talk about one hundred dollars what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, jam please, Well yeah, when you just look at the field and look at uh, the people, that kind of lapsed from regularly buying games, and you look at the one or two games they play a year. Most of the time that one or two games they play is on their phone, and it is a free gotcha. And sure they are spent. They may spend spend money on it, but I know a couple folks that will get hours and hours of entertainment for free from playing that free to play game. And we're moving towards the future where people are just playing one to two games a year and just kind of like passively viewing or watching people stream other games, having this be the cost of entry. I don't think people are going to pony up guys.
Speaker 4: You say future kind of just sounds like now. Yeah, but again, like you, hey me, I hope people understand just because if Grand Theft Aisle six gets away with that, that does not mean you are going to get away with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Assassin's creen shadows one hundred dollars because GTA six did it. What No, that would never that would never be seen in the same way ever. But I mean, I think it just overlooks the reality of selling things to people, like the GTA six will be one hundred dollars. There will be a one hundred dollars version of that game, and all Rockstar has to do is give you a few things to make you feel special and make you feel included. I mean, honestly, if it's a three day early access thing and you have to pay one hundred dollars, that cop that version of that game sells what a million? Two million copies in the first three days easy, probably more than that, honestly, but at least a million copies in it because like forts Horizon five did that, it had the early version for one hundred dollars and it had a million copies sold or to those people, So you can charge one hundred dollars. You just have to make people feel like they're getting away with something and that damn it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, all right, okay, Mike, I will give you one.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I don't have a cat, but it'd be nice.
Speaker 3: Man. Fortune is really three million, okay, jesus. Yeah. So GTA six will do a ton just out of the gate at one hundred dollars. So yeah, they will do that. But it's like this idea then that that should just be the default price. It's like, no, no one is actually having that conversation, it's too flexible the way that we viewed the cost of spending on video games, because we are so used to sales that we are always doing that calculus in our heads. So every single game is its own consideration, and GTA six will be a special case that you just cannot apply across the entire industry. It would never work that way.
Speaker 2: Is there a game you would pay one hundred dollars to maybe play? A week early?
Speaker 3: I remember the conversation that I'm blessing and Tim had over a kind of funny when Tiers of the Kingdom was coming out, and it was like this was like weeks early, maybe months early, and they were talking like what price they would pay just to be able to make sure that they could play Tiers of the Kingdom, And and the price for that got up to like one thousand dollars, Like like like if you had if you had to pay a thousand dollars the only way you could play Tiers of the Kingdom, would you do it? And I was in there thinking like, yeah, probably I probably would. Yeah, probably I probably would have paid one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Now what I pay a thousand dollars to play it a week early. No, No, not a week or a hundred dollars to play it a week early.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I think there's occasional times where I might have considered one hundred dollars to play something a week early, but in these days probably No.
Speaker 4: There's definitely time my life where like I was just like, WHOA, I could do this early. Wow, that's a crowd you know, I'll pay for that privilege. That's that'sfinitely a thing. I think most people get a bit over when they're older, and time just starts going by in the bleak of an eye. Anyways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in like Colonel Sanders mentions that this is something worth considering as well. You charged one hundred dollars for a game in the United States, that game is going to be one hundred and fifty dollars in Canada. And how do you present that to people? What does that look like? Really? It looks kind of insane and like this industry has completely gone off the rails, and it already does look that way in many cases, but there's sort of no hiding it at that point. So I think this is just something like it's not like a third rail, it's just way more complicated than if GTA six does it, everyone else should feel good about raising the price. Honestly, if you're one of these companies, you should be finding ways to get more creative so you can keep the initial price down and find some ways to mix more money on the back end. Make people feel good about my kirtran actions. I don't know how to do that, but that that's a better bet than charging more of back to horse armor and cat helmets.
Speaker 5: Had it right the three sixty era.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with Michael Transactions.
Speaker 3: Is all right? Yeah, yeah, let's see here, Jamie h Christmas. You just dropped this one. Okay. Reflect Or Entertainment had some layoffs. Yeah, I don't think layoffs are going to slow down. We had that. We did. Just talk about that Dragon Age story. Why well, I don't think buy where Edmonton is closing. Pretty sure it's not. That doesn't mean there will not be any more layoffs at e A. E A probably will have more ways. So all right, let's see here I am on this one. Marvel Snap temporarily went offline as part of the TikTok band in the United States, So what am I supposed to do all driving now? Guys. This Byte Dance is the company that publishes a Marvel Snap and the responsible for TikTok. TikTok was banned and then they like came back even though it wasn't unbanned because Trump was going to be pressed. And it fucking sucks out here, everybody. I don't know if you've been paying attention, but it sucks. It's the worst.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And as part of that, Marvel Snap got caught up in it because Byte Dance couldn't publish stuff in the United States or something. Again, none of it really made sense, but Marvel Snap going offline surprise the people making Marvel Snap to the point where now they are looking for a different publisher. So they're like, this will never happen again. We don't want this to happen again, so we are going to try to leave Byte Dance and find someone else.
Speaker 4: Something pretty stressful few days for him one at second dinner there. Geez.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like, you know, going twelve hours without revenue is like an easy thing to go through for any company. But this is the free to play mobile game where you're always trying to keep your momentum. Any sort of speed bump like that is going to throw off everything for you. And now it's like their revenues might come up short for the quarter because of this. It's yeah, it's a tough situation. But yeah, I don't know. TikTok's back, Marvel Snap is back. Nothing matters, So I don't know. Keep playing.
Speaker 2: TikTok's not completely bad.
Speaker 3: I don't really, I stop checking. I don't care anymore, all right. A new ESRB ratings suggests a classic Well, Resident Evil is getting an Xbox Series and PS five re release. This is rising in Evil six. It got an M rating from Yeah that's the face, there you go, that's the sound. Yeah, they called it a classic in this headline over at VGC.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This game came out for the Xbox through sixteen PS three in October twenty twelve. It was then ported to Xbox One and PS four in March of twenty sixteen. So this game already works in a pretty good state on Xbox Series X and S and the PS five. What this suggest is this will now get a native version on Xbox Series X and S. And although a PS five version has not been given the s SRB rating, the assumption would be that would happen as well. What do you guys think this is like a full remaster? Clearly not a remax.
Speaker 5: They don't want four level Like, no, it's I played through this.
Speaker 6: I played one of the four campaigns, like maybe in the last two years with Kayla, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: You streamed it with Kayla. I remember watching that and being like that, this is the way for me to engage with this game is watch Dan and Kayla play it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like, I think she's beating every Resident Evil, but that like the Cores series, and I think it's the only number Resident Evil I haven't beat, just because it's like it is way longer than it needs to be. And as much as I love big stupid action, it's not really what I want from my Resident Evil. And it just felt cheap, like I don't know, just something about controlling it, Like those games are always so tight and this one just felt like a B game.
Speaker 5: Basically, we don't need any one of these.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been getting so into Resident Evil lately though, and this is like one of the once I ever played much because that demo for.
Speaker 5: It was so bad. I'll played with you were bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, I'm kind of happy I'm like, I want to play this shit. I want to see what's going on with Resident Evil six. I definitely don't think that this like bes anything in terms of like the full blown remake or the number of entries coming out. I think this is just, hey, we can do like a little bit of something something here to release a PS five and Xbox series and probably a switch to the version of this very likely.
Speaker 3: So I did six come to switch one? I think it might have.
Speaker 5: No, I don't don't know if it ever did. Five, did it five? And four did?
Speaker 4: That's the thing, like, asides from you know, just the backwards compatibility with the PS four version, I don't think this has ever really been Oh there's a cloud version of shit?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow.
Speaker 5: Honestly, if you're illegal.
Speaker 3: Maybe the timing does make more sense for what you said, there's like a native version getting updated for switch to, so they're like, well, why don't we just do it for everything at the same time? That might be of what is happening here.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I'm still so curious to see what the next remake is. We're probably gonna hear about it RESUL nine f ust but you know, cause it could be five. It could be Code Raka, could be zero, could be one.
Speaker 3: Again, the rumors leave off. Did I think the last round of Remembers was Code Veronica? My last rumor sived.
Speaker 4: Code Veronica Positive, which is I think the most exciting one personally. But we'll see. Well, it was so confusing because Reside Will six so really well for some reason, even though everyone said it was bad and I never knew anybody who played it, I always every on's while I'm like, I think they're just lying. I don't think that's true. I don't think resid six is the best receival game. I refuse to believe that.
Speaker 3: It's a tough, tough one. But yeah that I think Resident Evil for Remake is now on its way to beat the.
Speaker 4: Fastest selling one. Yes, it should be so good.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Okay, so there's some mix up. I think Sean's saying that the Reduvil six on switch is native, which you know it was a three sixty game. Why wouldn't it.
Speaker 5: Be Yeah, gosh, okay, man, I didn't even know it was on the switch.
Speaker 3: It came out in twenty nineteen, according to the AAH Sound under the Radar.
Speaker 4: Okay, yep, all right, Resievil seven is the club version, think you show Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah, I guess last. I think you're right like that. It's like this is not part of what they're doing with the numbered remix, but I think this is like this is what sex is going to get as part of that process, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they ever think it gets a remake because like maybe it's a we make good thing.
Speaker 5: It could be a pretty extensive remake. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, you know, not never in the history of the world. But I don't think it's like in their cards at the moment. I think you.
Speaker 4: Exhaust all the other options stres Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Maybe you do it like a fourth or fifth Resident Evil one remake before you get that again?
Speaker 5: Why remake only the DS version?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, we go game the Game Boy Color one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, remake Residentval Guidance, Yeah, perfect, all right.
Speaker 3: PS five Dinosaur Horror game is skipping a PC release to avoid sexualized mods.
Speaker 2: What Yeah?
Speaker 4: Since there?
Speaker 3: Dinosaur Horror Game Code Violet will be released exclusively exclusively for PS five this July, and the developer stated it doesn't want to go to PC due to concerns about players creating sexualized mods of the game's characters. Someone on Blue Sky pointed out that this sounds like a Tim Robinson sketch where he's like in the room trying to explain, No, you can't put it on PC. They're gonna fuck the dinosaurs. We just can't do it. You see a dinosaur, how do you not fuck it? You definitely have to fuck it.
Speaker 6: So question if people are wanting to fuck the dinosaurs, why, why does that hurt the game makers?
Speaker 3: I don't know. In fact, and if history has anything to say about this, it is it only helps the people make Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, problem really you know? Yeah, I mean maybe they're puritans.
Speaker 4: I don't know, they're lying. Maybe they just don't want to it sounds hard to make a PC part. They'll just say this. It sounds nice, right. I think we respect our actors or whatever. That's what it's about.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Dan, just like cap Cover six, it one's lying.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that. I don't think we need to respect dinosaurs. Yeah, what are they gonna do?
Speaker 3: Go fuck the dinosaurs? I don't care. I'm not judging.
Speaker 6: If you said that on Blue Sky, you'd have at least five replies, being like naturally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've definitely noticed more of that since you said that last time. Destroy the discover tab please. Yeah. It is like you just can't find the balance of social media. It's either all people trying to destroy everything all the time or yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 5: I'm afraid we might have sailed past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we definitely pasted the honeymoon period there.
Speaker 2: They said, I will punch a Nazi in the fucking mouth. Don't come after me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there a new feature we've got cooking you stupid bitch.
Speaker 3: Yep eat ship all right, no nightmare, Nightmare jan after all the Nazis. Hell Yeah, Team Jerry Brake, Team Jerry, Team Cherry Jerry.
Speaker 9: Team Jerry way ahead of Team Tom right now thinks everybody Team Team Jerry breaks Hollow Night's silk song Radio Silence.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's real progressing and will release Mike. You're right, everybody's lying. They're just out there lying.
Speaker 4: This thing's going great, everybody. Yeah, I'm still I'm pointed out a little bit of hope for like, this thing's gonna show up, but that switch to direct as maybe a switchhoe launch game.
Speaker 5: Then if it's not there, I'm gonna be like something's wrong.
Speaker 4: Wrong.
Speaker 3: I mean just to like give the timeline again. The game appeared in the twenty twenty three Xbox Summer Game Fest thing and and if you if people remember a whole bit with that, the gimmick was everything in this showcase will be out within the next twelve months. And I think since then every game that was in there, a lot, most of them got delayed, most of them did not come out in the twelve months. But thinks since then every single game has come out, including like Stalker two if that was in there, just not Spoon Heaven upon Heaven. Spoon Heaven's your one game.
Speaker 2: That is not hate you grub because anytime I see Silk Song, I don't know what it is. I'm like, what are we gonna hear about Spoon Heaven?
Speaker 3: Well, how do you think I feel? I didn't know in the first place. I'm like, I think it's called spoon Heaven.
Speaker 4: There's no spoons, there's no heaven.
Speaker 2: What they can come from.
Speaker 3: Place?
Speaker 4: He has a need all. I think that somebot needle turned to fork fork. There was between there. Yeah, it was a spork period. That was the gradient, and then we just got the spoon of it. I mean, look, this game has a lot of hand drawn art, so maybe the scope of it is just difficult, and it's just difficult waiting on all those assets being made right. Skill maybe got a little out of control. I don't actually think there's this game never comes out. That would be pretty wild. But like, of course, you know, you know, we saw like with Sports Story, right all, like that drama that can kind of happen sometimes with these more teams. And I'm not trying to say that that's what's happening here, but it's hard to not speculate like what's going on or things, you know, smoothing smoothing, sailing smoothly over there, aka smoothing at the moment. Ah, I just want to see more of this game. I like first of all, night a lots. I would love to play Spoon Heaven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that the uh, this just happens with indie games. Like you said, they have they put out a game, they want to do the follow up, and they just put so much pressure and perfectionism on themselves to get everything right. And really these days, when you have a successful indie game, that thing just keeps selling and it keeps funding all that development, So you can take your time. There is no reason to rush it out. You can make Delta Rune parts over the course of years.
Speaker 5: You remember Haunted Chocolate.
Speaker 3: Ear take a break, Haunted Chocolateer Exactly, let's go. I want to go. I just want to keep working on Starty Value, and I can because the money keeps rolling in from that first game. My needs are met and I'm not some crazy person that has to always be growing. I could just fund my life, work on the projects I want to work on, and at my own pace. I just think that's always what happens with these indie games, and this one just happens to be maybe a little bit more ambitious, so they're taking even more time.
Speaker 2: Maybe they got to redraw all the assets because people keep calling it Spoon Heaven.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should probably rework this whole thing.
Speaker 5: Think anybody at that studio is aware of Jeff calling the game?
Speaker 4: Yes, there is no way, Yeah, tem Cherry, if there's a team Jerry, if if there's like at least one Spoon Heaven reference in that game, Like I can't.
Speaker 3: Even cause the game to take another six months.
Speaker 5: It's worth It's.
Speaker 3: Worth it because just because every time we bring it up, someone like on Twitter or Blue Sky or someone will mention spoon Heaven. It's it's over brothers, So yeah, I think they probably know about it. Let's go spook all right, last story here, Mexico tariffs could lead to fewer physical game releases and increased software prices. US President Donald Trump proposed twenty five percent tariff on imports from Mexico and Canada. He says he wants to pass that on February first, and that could lead to fewer physical game releases and higher software prices in the US because, as Matt Piscatella, executive director of video games at market research firm Circana, points out, a lot of the discs that we play and buy are manufactured in Mexico. A lot of the infrastructure for bringing those discs into the United States is in Mexico. So if there's a tariff across the board, twenty five percent tariff on everything that comes from Mexico, that's an immediate twenty five percent cost increase to bring physical games to the United States. If you want to destroy the physical game market, this is a good way to do it.
Speaker 2: Now, my eggs, yeah, right, And this is a just.
Speaker 3: A crazy, stupid thing. It won't benefit anybody. It's just it's just a tax.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: But they do this because then it's they can have these flat taxes that everyone has to pay. And they're like, oh, well that will make it up when we cut the taxes for billionaires going forward, and or so won't. But that's the plan, and we all have to pay for it by spending more on games. And really they will just release fewer physical games. They will they will pick and choose like which games get They are already doing this, but they will be even more like specific with what the kinds of games that actually get approved to get physical versions going forward if this does go through. Now, of course there could be exceptions. There are always exceptions to these tariffs, but there's just no reason to assume video games would be able to get in there, other than, of course, number one gamer in the world is in the administration, so maybe maybe he can help out there. I don't know. I want to throttle them, Yeah, I want to hurt him. I could say that one right he's not president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't even care if he is. I'll fucking punch him in the face.
Speaker 3: It's it's a it's bad it's just a rate of shit. Sorry, everyone who's feeling especially targeted. Trans writes to all y'all out there. You know, we got some emails later, but I don't know if we'll get to all of them. But someone mentioned like, you know the parasocial relationships. I know that you know these sorts of relationships. When you listen to a podcast like this and you are, you feel like you have a home like Sometimes they could be unfulfilling because it's not a personal relationship. There are sides to this where you can still take advantage of that. Get in the discord, come hang out with the people that have like minded interest as you will, try to keep creating a safe space so you could feel like you have some ground to go to. It's kind of the best we have to offer right now while we're all reeling. So yeah, we'll try to have your back as best we can. Jan that does it for the headlines. This shows back over you.
Speaker 2: I need to go take a quick bricky break to go punch some people in the face. I strongly suggest y'all go do that as well, and we'll be back with some emails. Emails. Bombcastagiant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to. You can send an email about virtually any and everything. And I got to give a special shouts out to y'all. We have actually had a flood of emails come in. Uh people listen to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, I appreciate you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: For sending a shoot email in and having a question and sometimes we may not be able to get to it, but I appreciate it none the less. First email is about Mega Man. Emailer rights in and asks, hey, dudeers, I just got into the Chinese handheld game over Christmas and got my AP and ver Nick up and running. One series I've always wanted to play but never touched is Mega Man. I was wondering if Mike or Jan or anyone else had recommendations for where to start, whether it's X Battle Network or the Core series. Thanks guys, thanks for writing the experts. I'm here to help you. Mighty number nine is a video.
Speaker 5: Game never mind, just just a liar and he loves the Steel exclusives.
Speaker 3: Everyone yelling one line, damn.
Speaker 2: Give me them sclusies.
Speaker 4: So you don't know what that exclusive means?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh not us?
Speaker 3: I yeah you j.
Speaker 5: I am a big core Mega Man guy first and foremost.
Speaker 4: I know, you know, it depends how good your ANYS games you want to play it an nes Mega Man game five doesn't get talked about a lot. It's a bit easier than some.
Speaker 6: Of the other ones, though, I think if you want to, like, if you're dipping your toe in to Mega Man, I'd say two, But.
Speaker 4: Guy, I would to I like three more than two. I think that five is a little bit more first time friendlier. Let mean, you have the chart shot, you have the slide I love too. I think you better ultimately, but five is also very good and just a little bit easier. But hey, look, you could also just go and play Mega Man two. Understand when you play these games, they're like, look up the bus order.
Speaker 3: We all do that.
Speaker 4: It's fine. You don't have to go stumble in the dark through that stuff. Mega Man X one also still just very very very good. Megan x four is the other X game that you should maybe check out, but don't sleep on.
Speaker 5: Legends.
Speaker 4: Mega Man Legends is still just very pretty and unique in a lot of ways, a ton of fun to have with Legends. The Bound Network games are very good. It's very very different different thing though. Yeah, if you are into turn based or RPG games, maybe that's more of your flavor than Definitely try the Battle Network series. Like Mike said, it's very different. There's not a lot, there's no platforming in it. But actually, if you wind up kind of clicking with any of the Mega Man X games, I would suggest trying out the Mega Man zero games that came out on the GBA. Some solid titles there, tons, especially Zero, but like those games are more story important than some of the other ones. I thought, there's a ton of it. Don't worry. There are big talkie games. Hey, you should just play those.
Speaker 2: In order, all right. Next email, Grubbery talked about this briefly before the break comes from Josh in London. Hey BombCast. Back during the holiday season, while wrapping presents with my partner, I put on the Giant Bomb at nights stream segment when the whole GB crew was on the couch. My partner was curious about each GB cast member, so I gave her the rundown on each person, their role and a little about their character. Her response was simply, do you think you have a bit of a parasocial relationship with these people? I mean, she's not wrong, but it just can't be helped. Podcasts are so weird you spend hours upon hours listening to random people speak, end of absorbing a lot of weird, detailed information about those people if they don't even.
Speaker 3: Know you exist.
Speaker 2: I am a real human being. I exist. Anyway, Do you guys have any one sided Pronthesi's polite parasocial relationships with any of the authors, filmmakers, podcast hosts, or general online slash media personalities.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: The irony of this email, Deepening Deepening said paranormal relationship is not lost on me. From Josh in London, I'm.
Speaker 6: I would be very curious to hear the rundowns like the back of the box, like here's the deal with my.
Speaker 2: Level?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the best of what he does?
Speaker 4: Like who is telling you for us?
Speaker 2: Who is the Mario of the team.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be like the X Men trading cards that had like like fighting ability and power level and things like that, And then a little.
Speaker 4: Blurb Yeah, yeah, I still have a ton of these kind of you know, parasocial relationships.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just it happens. There's something inherently wrong with that.
Speaker 4: It only gets wrong when the people start being like weird about it, right, and we all know the many ways you can be weird about it, especially like the food YouTubers. I watch so many of those guys, right, and they put out multiple videos a week, and I'm just constantly watching them, and I know the way they I know they're little quirks and all this stuff. So, yeah, you kind of develop that one way relationship, and I still, you know, there's there's some people like, oh, I don't know if I should go up and say hi to them, Like Spike Vegeta in Halved with Games done quick right, second year in a row, I didn't have the courage to say hi to Spike Vegeta. Right, I don't mind you having a parasocial relationship with me. You can also come say hi whenever you want to. It's completely fine, it's normal in some ways. It's you know, like everything in moderation, there's a moment where it becomes weird or a problem. I think ninety nine point nine nine percent of people I've ever interacted with have not crossed that line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, Mikey. You know, I've talked openly about how my life is kind of a mess actively right now. And I do appreciate there being people out there that are concerned over my well being. And yeah, if if you see me, say hi, I don't fucking mind. Let's let's let's stop and share.
Speaker 3: And I think you know, we definitely don't mind. I think you know a loss concern usually for parasocial relationships is they just can't be your only relationship. You know, a positive relationship in your life is positive, it's stable, and it's meaningful, and we could be positive and stable in your life. It's like, do we provide meeting I think only to a certain extent, Like it's only going to be so much meaning What you really need is someone in your life that you could talk to and have a meaningful direct relationship with. And if you have those covered having some parasocial relationships where it's like I don't know, I like the way these people talk about things and I kind of can't get this anywhere else. That is completely okay, that's completely healthy, but you definitely make sure you're minding those those personal relationships as well. And went over like I think, like what would I recommend people? The thing I keep going back to is I don't find someone playing a Dungeons and Dragons game in your community and go join that, hang out with them, and then you kind of got that stuff covered. That'll kind of cover all your basis for having a good personal relationships as long as they don't suck. I suppose that's always a risk you run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take a cooking class. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, cooking class.
Speaker 4: There you go go do things, Go out and go do things.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, that's that's a key takeaway. Go out and do things. Also, if you're looking for a community. Enjoyed the Giant Bomb discord, Yeah, it's exactly.
Speaker 3: You can get those meaningful relationships still as part of this and yeah the discord. Uh, you know, hit me up on Blue Sky. I'll respond every once in a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jeff, you would just be some weird do I knew from the internet?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: To me, Now he's your gravy train.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gravy train.
Speaker 3: M So they call me.
Speaker 2: Have you know how they have chocolate fountains? Do they have gravy fountains?
Speaker 5: They have cheese? Some places will have cheese. Golden Kral is a chocolate and cheese in the past.
Speaker 4: A gravy volcano so much more interested in a cheese fountain choco.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I interact with most people that interact with me on Instagram also, so if you like a thing that has Scout in it or whatever, or my dumb memes, then well yeah, well let's hang h Next email is about the Bowser's Hurry stream. This comes from Jerry and Wisconsin. Hey Bombers. The Bowser's Hurry stream on Friday was fantastic. Congrats on raising all that money in such a short amount of time. I did think of a question at the end of the stream. With Mike proving that he is canonically the best Mario player, that makes him the most qualified to determine what a mainline Mario game like this? Okay, so is Mario three D World mainline? Is Bowser's Fury Now mainline? If Mike thinks it belongs there. Since he is the de facto Mario expert, all his rulings on the matter should be final. Love the show.
Speaker 10: Dan is weirder and worse at Mario than Mitch. Jerry Wisconson, very good, very good. Wow, Dan, come on, you you got last in the race. You can speak last.
Speaker 4: Don't worry well, three D World is, of course a Maine Mario gave. You would have to be associopath to not understand that.
Speaker 3: I can't speak loser. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Bowser's theory is the more interesting conversation. I should not already rope down into it. You have no hesitation saying that Bowser's Fury is amazing, but three D World is.
Speaker 5: It's correct game.
Speaker 3: I think they're both main but Dan really.
Speaker 6: I would consider I mean, look, if I was, it's weird because it wasn't a standalone thing. But in spirit, to me, the main line, the three line is moving the series forward. It's that line of like not spin offs and stuff. And I feel like Bowser's theory is the natural evolution of the series post odyssey.
Speaker 4: Why is three D World not a good evolution?
Speaker 5: That was a sad thing? It's for four players. Look, we've been over this. It's it's not it's part of the.
Speaker 6: Three D part of the same thing, four player multiplayer focus. U, you're kind of isometric.
Speaker 5: Multiplayer in three D land? What's why is isometric weird? Well, it's just like, it's not the stated it's not the evolution, it's not the next step past out. So things standard but also pushed forward by being different. That's correct.
Speaker 6: Well, don galay, Galaxy too. Galaxy Too is main line and that didn't push forward.
Speaker 4: That was just an eclus it. So so you can't be an evolution, but it's the line, the main line.
Speaker 6: It just goes like this, So here, okay if I so it's kind of down here Mara one two through Superintendent. We got a little bump in the line. Oh yo, she's ying, Okay, gonna keep Oh sixty four, Wow, we're three D Now we're really going up. Oh so he's got a jet pack. Oh no, he's in space and we got gravity. Now he's got a hat.
Speaker 4: And now.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you're here to speak so eloquently about it. Make a bunch of sounds.
Speaker 4: The man he's like, yeah, watch a master. People aren't coming to you for these Yeah. Oh yeah, they're both mainline games about the Fury. I maybe used to be like, I don't know because like the pack in playing it. Now I'm like, no, this is one of them.
Speaker 2: Got that hat.
Speaker 5: This is just what he's gonna hat.
Speaker 4: Now if you say it like well, now he's got a hat, then it sounds like it's important.
Speaker 5: It was important. Now he's got a cat suit.
Speaker 2: It's so funny, how jovial and chummy these two are in person.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're right.
Speaker 2: Knives out right now.
Speaker 6: I love it because I keep bringing up this thing that I've been proven correct about, and it keeps coming out.
Speaker 4: And I were just at the museum where you're proven incorrect. Mode did that twenty years ago, and it was it was mistranslated.
Speaker 5: It was twelve years ago. I'm about thirteen year old.
Speaker 4: All you asked him about was the Yoshi's Island thing, which we're not even talking about now.
Speaker 5: Let's ask Hi about three D World next time I see me about ask about three D World.
Speaker 4: You definitely, Dan, Do you really think there is a chance in hell that sha hear me most I say, oh, yeah, that's not a mainline Mario game. Whatever he thinks that means. He's gonna say that's not a real Mario. We've been with everything in the past.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, ex what are you.
Speaker 6: And every reasons? Weren't his kids anymore? And I do disagree with him about.
Speaker 2: That all right. Speaking about Chakerama Mooto next week.
Speaker 3: These Mario races, if he still gets away with all this, damn it.
Speaker 4: Somebody's got to do something.
Speaker 2: Mike, I get shoot worried about you. When you get worked up, sometimes I feel great. Oh wow, definitely are the George of the team. Uh from Seattle. Uh writes in about favorite game directors, Hey duders, first time, long time. I've been thinking a lot about leadership recently and how important it is for games, for any project to have a clear and strong vision and have some someone at the helm who can see it through while also having a keen understanding of limitations. Who is messing with the doc right now? I'm not making it bigger. I'm not doing that like budgets, timelines, and technology, et cetera. It's my view that a great director with a good team results in a better product than a good director with a great team. Do you find that to be the case. Are there any directors you trust to always steer a game in a good direction, even if you might not always like or agree with the choices. Love y'all, Dan from Seattle.
Speaker 5: Kajimamoto, I really like Sam Lake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anybody's infallible. I think everybody making games is so complicated and so dependent a more than one person that everybody could have a disaster in them or a misstep in them, right, I just I do think that there are just personalities that are well suited to it. Like I chatted with Corey baurog Barlow excuse me like an E three way back before that God of Worry boot came in, just like from talking to him, like, Oh, this guy really knows what he's doing. He seems really nice and interesting. I bet he just makes good video games and that just absolutely was the case, right Yep?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Josh Sawyer recently, you guy that did the New Vegas impentiment and stuff like that. Yeah, sure, after playing Pentiment and kind of like paying attention to much like I allow him on social media. I don't know. It just seems like he has a pretty good idea of like what he wants to make when he starts making it. And yeah, I think I think that's the kind of person I would want and charge someone who has that strong vision and then also has a good grasp on the reality of actually making a vision vision come to life, because that's where a lot of that stuff gets lost.
Speaker 2: Fantastic next email comes from Matt k and this may tickle Mike's fancy here Matt writes in about Star Trek. First off, I fucking love you all. Going through an extraordinary rough patch right now, and every one of you is feeding my heart. Now, why the fuck aren't we drowning in Star Trek game? How has Telltale never taking up the ip. It's just sitting there in RBG, a grid retyle for jan Base tactics game, a city builder, a third person adventure game. Anything, we have nothing. So it's the deal. There's so much potential. Your concert listener, Matt, Kay.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny is I forget if it was actually tell Tale or of one of those, like many Telltale spinoffs or successors. They made a Start Trek game a couple of years ago. It did not get very much pressed. Oh but that happened, and I heard some people say it's actually good. So look that up if you're interested in that. There's also like a Star Trek four X that happened a little bit ago that also went super under the radar, if it might even be by the stillaries people, right.
Speaker 5: So maybe try that.
Speaker 4: Star Trek's always been weird because it's such an omnipresent IP and it's a popularp that was a very passionate fan base, but it's never quite popular enough where people want to put like Star Wars Jedi Phone order.
Speaker 5: Money into one of those games something like that.
Speaker 4: Right, there's like a world where you make a mass effect style game, but it's just a Star Trek EP and it would be incredible, and instead we get, you know, Star Trek as a co op shooter, kind of like Gears of War, which I liked that game no one else, No one else did, though, I.
Speaker 3: Want to play that game about the one that you play through with your brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun and stupid. It's stupid for sure, but it's kind of Yeah, it's kind of fun. I kind of want to go back because there's like say a Genesis and Super Nintendo Star Trek the next generation in the Space nine games play.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I had never seen Star Trek as a kid, but I'd seen all the Star Wars movies, and so I remember I went to my step grandparents house and they had a Super Nintendo and all they had was tiny tuons bust or Bust Loose, which I loved, and these two Star Trek games for Super Nintendo.
Speaker 5: One of them was like.
Speaker 6: Starfleet Academy or something, and like, not knowing anything about Star Trek, I was like, okay, cool, I've seen space action. This is gonna have laser swords and guns and cool shit. And you play it and like you literally are in like an academy learning how to be a Star Trek guy. And then when you go down on the planet or whatever, you're like walking around to computer terminals and it like dissuades you from attacking things. And it's like all I knew about video games is like you just kill your enemies, and like this was having me read and not be violent, and I was.
Speaker 5: Very confused as a child. And that's the thing with Star Trek.
Speaker 4: It's the best when there can't be action in Star Trek, and the movies always beer into that more, but it is usually it's the best when it's not about that.
Speaker 3: But that's why a Telltale game actually makes sense for that, because it's like you want to make faced with like challenging choices.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you want to be doing like difficult diplomacy and philosophy and explorations and science stuff, right, Like there's so much too, Star Trek. That's always been difficult to make one kind of game, and they succeeded, right, Like they did make a Star Trek first person shooter, a Star Trek Voyager Elite Force, and it was Raven Software back when they were very good that kind of stuff, right, Like they did Jedi Outcasts and that game rules.
Speaker 5: The Leaf Force is fantastic.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a shooter, but it's a very fun one with all the Star Trek flavors that it has.
Speaker 5: There's good Star Trek games out there.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we're ever going to get that kind of ideal, perfect Star Trek game that we've always.
Speaker 5: Wont especially right now.
Speaker 4: Star Trek's weird because it's both thriving because there's a lot of shows, but also kind of in a weird place. I think that section thirty one movie is going to do poorly. That direct the video one that seems very dark and strange. So I don't know, I used to be such a Star Trek guy.
Speaker 5: Friends. Yeah, I kind of maybe need to catch up and get back into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we Surgeon came out. The Surgeons came out last year.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, just came out last year and I thought I should play it because it is very next generation code. That's definitely what I'm the next generation in Deep Base nine. Those are my big Star Trek highlights.
Speaker 2: One day I'll get into track Mike one day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to do a D based nine podcast.
Speaker 2: Some day.
Speaker 4: We can do next generation podcasts that be next generation, next generation.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, see Deef's space.
Speaker 2: Mitch jan.
Speaker 5: Works on that one.
Speaker 2: Next email comes from Phil and Calgary. Hey guys, it's a Mount Rushmore dips.
Speaker 3: Oh rook, before you do that? Can we do a Star Trek Bridge Creuse stream?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the VR one.
Speaker 4: That game is actually really good. That actually is a very good startup game and one of the best VR games.
Speaker 2: Still.
Speaker 3: I think we have to like always make Dan the captain and just see what happens. Yeah, it'll go great, it'll go great.
Speaker 5: Uh, Barbecue Ranch or one and.
Speaker 2: Two barbecue I don't like, but I feel like ketchup has to be there.
Speaker 5: No, I barbecue ranch Buffalo.
Speaker 2: See, I think of buffalo as like a glaze than a dip.
Speaker 4: It can be a glaze, you know, like like what about like a buffalo chicken dip? Right, I don't have that that's a put the chicken.
Speaker 3: In the choke dip.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, French on Cao ranch caso, Buffalo said buffalo, So I mean no, no a buffalo ranch. No sorry, barbecue ranch, Buffalo Caso.
Speaker 3: Okay, Queso is a dip. That's a dip.
Speaker 4: That's a dip.
Speaker 3: I think the rest are sauces. Well you dip you dipping sauces though, yeah sure, but but but but if you're staying the mountain rushmore of dips and you put up a bunch of saucers, like.
Speaker 5: When you get nuggets, they ask you, like what dips you want, and you get the sauce I want.
Speaker 3: I think Okay, hummus is a dip. Yes, okay, I think Lolcamole is up there for sure. Okay, salsa.
Speaker 5: No chunks, no, I mean no chunks, of course it didn't no no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: With with salsa.
Speaker 6: I just put my chip in there. And if you don't get a curved chips, like, fuck it up. Just get a straight chip. You dip it in and you just want red wet, you don't want chunks.
Speaker 3: I hate everything. He just said. French onion dip is can we get that one on the never try to.
Speaker 2: Should we just try and like bring everyone together? Seven layer dip?
Speaker 5: Never try to? Never tried. There's too many. There's some weird stuff.
Speaker 4: And I like lasagna, but Lasia repeats layers, right, I think those are seven unique layers.
Speaker 5: In that I'm not trying seven.
Speaker 3: If you throw like a little bit of herbs and ranch, you can call it a ranch dip. So I'm willing to like getran ranch dip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but rich always has herbs and were talking about.
Speaker 3: Right, I know, but there's like for the ranch dip. There's just they put more herbs in there. Mike, I don't know what you want from it. But I don't know what you want from it. It's just that they should be disqualified to this conversation. And everyone loved keso, so there are a lot of stuff out of this ebo and.
Speaker 5: I have been unimpressed.
Speaker 4: Pass fail brother, that's.
Speaker 5: That and everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess the different schools in Kansas.
Speaker 2: Dan, you can definitely help out with his next email. Okay, this comes from Daniel from Long Beach. Hey, dudeers, it's my fortieth birthday next month, and I want to go to Disneyland and eat the foods I'm local, so I know my way around. We're good on that. My girlfriend and I want to Disney bound. So my question is what characters should we dress as if you.
Speaker 6: Have time functioning an adult, functioning adult in society.
Speaker 11: Just the guy who has to dip his chip into the salsa, right, doesn't get the chunks and weird, that's what adult.
Speaker 3: I literally get extra chunky salsa.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Does that have extra red wet, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Where is your red wet isle? Can you show me where the.
Speaker 6: Chunks to get to the red wet? You don't get red wet without the chunks. You just don't eat the chunks. It's like the skin on the.
Speaker 3: Bree Oh my god, what wait the wax? I don't really.
Speaker 5: Oh, here's delicious cheese in the middle surrounding poison. No, that's not you could eat that ride It's fine.
Speaker 2: Red Wedding is my favorite Game of Thrones episode, by the way. Yeah, if you have the time, here's some characters we've already dressed up as. Captain Bucky Kyle Ren and Captain FAsMA, a hitchhiking ghost and hat box ghosts Mollficent and Dragon Mollificent. Love you guys and Dan definitely had the neurovirus at the end of last year, and not just some bad poops.
Speaker 3: No one around.
Speaker 6: We got sick and I ate a vat of weird meat and cheese. Thanks doctor, Doctor Disney bounding.
Speaker 2: Uh, Mike, you got any suggestions?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Uh Daniel Hay, mister Lee from Long Beach. Uh, God me gosh, there's so many possibilities. I think all the record ralph ones are always kind of cute, right, Uh, Venolope and Record Ralph even when they get fixed. Felix in there, you do Felix.
Speaker 2: No, you should do Record Ralph and Captain Felix because they are actually in a relationship not very healthy, and record Ralph there? I like it.
Speaker 4: Get weird? Do some Uh what would be a good? Like more obscure one? I mean at which the most.
Speaker 3: Racist Didney character goes that, Yeah, is there a song of the South one?
Speaker 5: Yeahs over great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, a big hit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would, I would. I would advise against it. Actually, Sonny Eclipse and Instruments as always go.
Speaker 2: As the rescuers. The two mice that's solved.
Speaker 4: Their names are Bernard and miss Bianca.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry. Says Ja Ja gavor yeh uh Eva Gabor is John.
Speaker 3: I think that's I think that's Josh, and I.
Speaker 4: Think no, we got it now with Bernard and miss Bianca. That's that's that's the correct answer.
Speaker 2: Good job, Jen, All right, there we go. Uh. Nextxt email comes from Pat in Quebec uh and Pat writes in about GDC, which is coming up. Pat writes, Dearest members of the Large Explosive Clan, I'll be going to GDC in San Francisco for the first time, and I'm looking for tips from local for some locals. What does he quit? Essentially San Francisco thing to experience for someone who will be there for a couple of days, Sea lions, floating prisons, quaint neighborhoods. I'm also a coffee weirdo. I sprits my beans and weigh my water. Pat, my guy, Uh, what coffee places would you recommend to such a weirdo? Pat from Quebec uh ps. I've also decided to engage in some virtual tourism research and then playing watchdogs too casually, which is set SF. It's been fun comparing and its representation of what the city is to my understanding of it based on snooping around on Google Maps. Also, this game depresses me as a lot of its subject matter is increasingly becoming reality these days.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about that. Was that the game where when they announced it, the guy was like I crying because.
Speaker 6: Of Like, no, you're thinking if you're thinking of Nate Fox during the infamous Second Sun reveal, okay from Sucker Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think this guy just came out. It was very intense about private security and stuff like that and your public yeah, your public presence online. So okay, yeah, that's right. Yeah, I don't know. Hey, playing Watch Ducks too though, playing a game before you're going to the city, that is a good move.
Speaker 5: That was the That was one of the only times.
Speaker 6: It was the first time I was playing a game in the city I was living in, because I remember watching Talking Out while I lived there, and the same thing with Spider Man, Marvel Spider Man when I lived in New York, and like that one.
Speaker 3: You can imagine that happens to me every day with Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was like World War two in the mid the World War everywhere games.
Speaker 2: Yes, I may regret offering this, but if you are going to GDC I don't know if I can just blindly throw in Tam and Lucy into this, but I will guide a tour group around, Oh my god, Jan and we will go around and have a fun time. We'll just consider it like a Giant Bomb community meet up. If you're going to GDC, all right, if you already live in the Bay Area, get fucked, okay, and I'm gonna take you to my favorite places, which are not any fantastic fun super duper places. If you're looking for the quintessential San Francisco experience, You're gonna have to buy a joint. You're gonna have to buy a burrito. I have to a dirty knife. No, accidentally get poked by needle on bart That's what it is. Please please and get into some Shenana jans. All right, Oh guys, y'all show you a good time.
Speaker 5: Baby, Tommy's joint, Tommy Tommy's joint.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, right, Yes, get some Tommy's rum punch Jeffortaria style meat.
Speaker 5: Just yeah. Are you gonna go to the Walt Disney Family Museum?
Speaker 2: Yeah you go, okay?
Speaker 4: Well, Contraz is cool.
Speaker 2: Alcatraz is cool. Makes you think of the rock Yeah, Honestly, the faery building is very pretty. You should go there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, the cheesecake factory that Jeff and I like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you can go there. You know you have to. Yeah, Okay, I'll show you a good time. I'll show you good time.
Speaker 3: I'll come up.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to join the jam tour group at GDC this year, I'll make an excel sheet have some fun places for you to go to, and I'll include if you don't drink or smoke or want to have a fun time. All right. Last email of the show comes from Jordan Jay from Chicago.
Speaker 3: Folks, you're gonna skip this email where so once they fuck with you? To me, that's the most that's nicest, same thing that ever said. You don't have to read it. I'm just joking. Please keep going, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, Alison from Alabama had said in their email, PS, Jeff Grubb, I fuck with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go Allison?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Uh, Like you read the PPS on that one real quick too.
Speaker 3: PPS.
Speaker 2: I can never remember how to pronounce ahago, so I just pronounce call it asciago instead.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I read that.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is important, It's really good.
Speaker 2: Uh. First off, Jan, Nikki and Tam y'all good after hearing you explain yadada mean to the rest of the crew, I was concerned for the level of whiteness and your surroundings. These words I am not allowed to say parentheses. Fellas are so translucent you can see the mayo they ate for lunch.
Speaker 3: All right, Lauram, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nikki is the only one that can say that word. They're saying it in chat.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They got you playing frisbee golf. Yet I'm trying to see some brown activities in this bush, and I mean, what call that hockey shit?
Speaker 5: Agreed?
Speaker 2: Anyways, I rank them based on whiteness, Oh sweet. Number four Jeff Grubb is so white. He is down nothing better than his self aware white. He's a neighbor that winds up at cookouts and birthday parties. We need Jeff Grubbs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's happened for sure.
Speaker 2: Number three Mike Manatti is so white it's cute. He can't help it and he can't deny it. Real talk. Do he like chocolate? Because I see my man laid up with a beautiful black queen passa to each other a top of a lotta bed sheets.
Speaker 4: Hell, yeah, black folks, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Black folks love Italian food and they'll eat that Disney bullshit up too. I'm trying to get my boy. I'm trying to see my boy get Hella Nasty and add Mike Methadi to the aliases.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, I just read the next one.
Speaker 2: I have to die Number two Jeff Baklar coworker number one. They bespelt your name Dan Dan Riiker. Shit, I don't know, man. There's so many dance stories he tells, and not even halfway through I think I would have been shot. He is the type of guy to go to the South Side and either get his pockets ran or escorted out of the hood by a top hitter. Dude is white Jesus with severe ADHD. You'll either bring forth doom incarnate or trip into the solution to the world's many issues. I love the show. You all bring something unique to the show. It keeps me engaged in knowledgeable, Stay safe, Stay up, Stay safe. Jordan J from.
Speaker 3: Chicago, Jordan Jay, you have just crushed it.
Speaker 4: You take Look.
Speaker 6: Mike can't say his favorite rapper is Lynn Manuel Miranda and not definitely.
Speaker 9: Jo said that not that, buts and cracks.
Speaker 4: Uh labar what Lamar?
Speaker 3: Lamar Lamar?
Speaker 5: Who almost said Kyle Lamar?
Speaker 2: Kendrick lamarck.
Speaker 3: This I regret trying to defend him. Sorry, everybody you like.
Speaker 2: Oh man, oh my god, I'm it's cute. It is now my dream to make Mike Manati's description happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want this to be real.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. God, remind us to when we do our our catch up with the with the Jeff backlaw on voicemail dump truck. We got to remind him of what is the co worker. I don't get the coworkers, like if you have a black friend and they think of their the white co worker as just coworker.
Speaker 5: I was wondering if there's more to it than that. Okay, it's just that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, No, he is coworker and I've gone on with my life now.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh boy, thank you Jordan for for a fantastic email. Oh god, thank god I wasn't lumped in with the whites. I want to know where Lucy ranks on this list. Frankly, Oh yeah, bumps it up right right? Yeah, it's a different kind though, right, different kind.
Speaker 3: Different more white than white. Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 5: I haven't been shot more.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Uhanta white, Yes, thank you, signed Guy Bovesy. That's what she waits.
Speaker 2: Is there no white?
Speaker 3: No, it's not no, it's like instead of vanta black, which is like that black, the blackest black color that they've ever created. Yeah, Fanta white.
Speaker 2: Oh man. I like, I don't know if y'all ever came across this on TikTok, but there was a hot minute where uh, there were these before and after photos of like before my black girlfriend or before my black wife, and it was generally a glow up because a white dude would just go from schlubby to having style and god damn do I need to see there with Mike naughty anyway? That wraps it up for emails, gents. When we learned this week, I learned that one the mic, one of the Minati brothers, stole from an establishment and we are now harboring a criminal. We've learned to not mess with or derail the gravy train. We're gonna We're gonna be okay from now on double dipping. We've also learned to not fall into the arquette hole. The floor is worked, Ntenda can still be weird and that's okay. We also learned that Mike is the best Mario player, and we also learned about red wet and folks take away from that which you will red wet, red wet everything, red wet your chips, red wet your other dipping foods of choice, folks, Folks. This week we got a game Miss Morning's popping off for the rest of the week Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Check out Bowser's Hurry from last week. It was a very fun time. We were raising money for the LA wildfire relief. I don't know if that donation week is still active, but hey shots, ats to y'all for watching and hanging out with us. We were able to raise sixty five hundred dollars and blast past our goal several times. Folks. If you're looking for the conclusion of term dan Nator record of the Machines, I got to edit some parts out or else YouTube will continue clapping us. I uploaded a version and YouTube still said it was not enough because I left the audio in.
Speaker 3: So someone did mentioned having Mike recreate those scenes, so we can just have them do that for you and you can splice those in, oh boy, and.
Speaker 2: Then speaking about Blake Club tomorrow, Dan, you got a new blight.
Speaker 6: I'm holding Drake of the ninety nine Dragons game. I've never played. I have never seen an action. I've heard it's great, So I don't know why we picked it for this or why Alex Navarro picked it, grub.
Speaker 4: I got a wig in the mail, Is that all I need?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: There should be like a leather duster coming as well. Then you need to wear oh and a let's call it a shirt. Yeah, I guess that's what it is, a shirt, and then there should wear the leather pants that you had for termin it term donator.
Speaker 6: Okay, if they do not arrive today or tomorrow, should I just do leather pants.
Speaker 5: In the wig and get moving?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, well keep what's holding up the mail?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: It should be like I ordered it right away all the same time there today.
Speaker 6: No matter what, we will start this tomorrow. I could wear the terminator jacket needed. Uh so yeah, that is starting tomorrow. And then once I'm done with this game, I'm off Blake Club playing duties for a full go round. I think we're doing the biking round right after that.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Also, stay tuned this week beat for BCR. We will be doing twenty twenty five Fantasy Critic Draft with the whole gang who won.
Speaker 5: Twenty four.
Speaker 3: Records were lost. There was a fire.
Speaker 2: How did I know? Wait?
Speaker 6: How was it that Mike won a one off stream and got to give us all punishments? And I want a year long battle and I got nothing?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're not wrong. We definitely need to find something that the winner should get.
Speaker 2: It's just not.
Speaker 5: Retroactively like a get out of jail free cart, no club.
Speaker 3: It's just a dumb thing you said.
Speaker 5: No, I mean for last year, like a retroactive like I need. I need just Benmomi, are you gonna.
Speaker 3: Gave up? But just money?
Speaker 2: Uh? Also, Dan, I think you were the one that decided we should give out punishments.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and I stand by that, But I should have won something. Oh Jeff, what are you playing Griffin Dango?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I got it downloaded. I want to stream it. I do, so I will have to find time to do that. I'll probab. I'll probably try to start.
Speaker 2: This week though.
Speaker 3: That would be excellent.
Speaker 5: Cool Okay, Well, yet, love folks should have lost it sounds.
Speaker 2: Fun, folks. That does it for this week's BombCast. Despite the state of the world being on fire, know that we are here for you, trans writes, God damn it, We'll see a week four another episode of the Giant bombcas. I've been Jan, he's been Jeff, he's been Dad, he's been biking. You at home, I've been doing Okay, go drink some water, but go outside, Go learn a trade, perhaps, go.
Speaker 1: Contribute to the world in a positive way. Punch someone in the face that should be punched, not just cuz all right.
Speaker 2: Also, don't don't.
Speaker 3: Report Chris Manatti.
Speaker 2: He's a father. Goddamn it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leave him alive, leave him alone.
Speaker 5: Fine, I was joking that did it happen?
Speaker 3: Oh, there you go. He was joking.
Speaker 5: Counselor, coworker, coworker,