Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen in this corner from the University of Colorado. Thirty years in Lorraine, fighting for truth, justice.
Speaker 2: And the American Way. Dan chap Glass Hollow.
Speaker 3: Everyone, it's Heidi Ganol filling in for Dan Kaplis today and tomorrow tomorrow. We will have Congresswoman Lauren Bobert on at the four thirty five break, So join us. We're going to talk a lot about predictions for twenty twenty five tomorrow. Just to give you a little taste, I did a little Twitter poll, an ex poll, and Mark Kaiser says his top predictions for next year. Polis and Johnston are going to do well. I won't say the word a criminal walk for not obeying federal law because they've said they would do that. I guess pr bonds eliminated, catalytic converters stolen off all legislators, vehicles Denver and Boulders secede from Colorado, and wolves are populated in Boulder, Jesse. How realistic do you think? That? Is not very That sounds good in theory, especially the wolves. I do think they're coming closer to the Never Metro area. It's kind of crazy, but I want to wrap up the conversation with Bob, we talked a little bit about how you can get involved in helping restore trust in our elections. And one of the things that I didn't understand when I first after the election of twenty two, when I first got engaged in kind of doing this review and analysis of what happened in that election, I didn't realize how much power the county commissioners have. And sixty percent or so, I'm not sure if that number's like I think it's in the ballpark, but a good majority of county commissioners in Colorado are conservative, They're Republicans, and they have a lot of power over what happens with the county clerk, with the county attorney. They hire and fire the attorney, and the attorney gives a lot of advice to the county clerk. And so I would hope that we would have some commissioners that you all you all know your commissioners, likely because this audience is pretty on the ball as far as staying in touch with their elected officials. Talk to your commissioners, ask them if they can do a couple of things. One is to make sure that their drop boxes, your drop boxes in the county are high quality, they're pointed in the right direction, and that someone's reviewing the footage even live stream them. I kudos to Douglas County after we brought this up, they decided to live stream their drop boxes and that provides confidence and trust in our systems. The other thing is ask them if there is remote Wi Fi access in their voting systems, and not just capabilities, but does it connect, Why does it connect? When does it connect? And if there are capabilities, why can't they just remove them? They can. Don't let them tell you they can't. They can remove them. They can remove the little cards, the things that make the Wi Fi go. I'm not a techie, but it's going to take some pressure from all of you, especially in those twelve counties where they've admit it that they have that. The last thing is ask the county commissioners to ask the county clerk and work with the county attorney to make sure that the local post office, the US Post Office in that county is providing very detailed invoices and tracking of the undeliverable ballots that are being returned to them, that they are returning to the clerk's office there's no reason that shouldn't be detailed out. We should know exactly how many ballots are returned undeliverable and are not lost in the Netherlands. And then finally ask them if they would be willing to bring in an outside auditorist specialist to look at the signature verification process, the voter roles in the county, make sure that there aren't illegal or non citizens on the voter rolls, or that folks that should have been taken off the voter rolls are off. That's been a problem in the past, and obviously the Secretary of State said that's not okay. You can't do that. You can't audit anything. Basically, I'm exaggerating a little bit hopeful, but I would suggest somebody needs to take her on on that front and bring in an outside auditor, try and do some looks at the process, make sure everything's okay, and then be willing to go to court with her if you need to. So, I think you've got a lot of citizens across Colorado that would back you up if you're a county clerk or a county commissioner who wants to take that on. I've tried talking to our Douglas County commissioners about these issues and the clerk and haven't been able to since we did this audit, they haven't been willing to sit down and talk about it. And that's where I live. It's really really unfortunate, especially since I was a candidate for a statewide office and that was the election I wanted to talk about. But you, as a citizen have a lot of power, and you have a lot of influence over your county commissioners, who have influence over the County attorney and the County of Clerk. They're all elected, and you've got to speak up, and you've got to ask them to hold Secretary of State accountable, Like why aren't they more upset? Why aren't a county clerks and county commissioners more upset about the bios password lak. She's basically getting off with no consequences when Tina Peters is sitting in jail for pretty much the same thing. That's not okay. But it takes all of us to speak up about it. We've got to speak up. We've got to use our bully pulpits when we have them. If you have a Twitter account, if you have a Facebook group speak up about this. We've got some time now before the next election this fall. There's some very very critical school board elections coming up, and so I want to talk a little bit about how you engage engage on that front too. But to wrap this part up, it's going to take all of you. You can't sit around and wait for someone to come in and fix everything on the election front. It's going to take for each of you to get involved. And Colorado Elections at Colorado Institute for Fair Elections is doing a really good job and they're activating volunteers if you want to get involved. They actually helped put up a dropbox citizen observer program in this last election. I helped with it too, and we got volunteers all across Colorado to actually observe dropboxes because the government wasn't doing its job and making sure that they were secure. So we did it for them. And it was quite a battle to get that through and kind of okayed by the Secretary of State's office. They weren't happy about it, but that's our First Amendment right as citizens. And so there's lots of things you can do to get engaged. You can also be an election judge a pole watcher. You've got time to train and to learn and to get involved on that front. And this election coming up on the school boards and city council races is going to be really important in Colorado. But it'll tee you up. Hopefully, we have a big army of educated volunteers who are going to be activated in the midterms in twenty six because that's going to be all at war. The Democrats are not going to take this last, you know, without fighting back. So that's going to happen in twenty six. So what can you do. You can get involved with Colorado Institute for Fair Elections CEO fair Elections dot org. You can also become a leader in your own neighborhood. You know a lot of people on x are saying to me, like, who's going to take the lead of the GOP in Colorado. Who's gonna, you know, basically manage the comeback? And it's actually you. You've got to do that in your own neighborhood. All politics are local and there's nothing stopping you from creating a list of your like minded neighbors, hosting an event, getting things started. You can work with your precinct chair even if you're not a Republican, a registered Republican, reach out to your county GOP, tell them you want to help out, you want to get involved, and there's lists that you can get of people and how they vote in your Neighborhood's kind of creepy, but they're available, and you can invite people to a barbecue, invite people to the local classroom, invite people to the library to meet up. And then also you need to attend all your local meetings. You need to go to your school board meetings, your city council meetings, your county commissioner meetings. They're put online. Also you can watch online, but I really want you to go live so you can experience it. You can testify. My older daughter actually testified for the first time at a Douglas County school board meeting a few weeks ago, and it was very empowering. And she's heard a lot of things on the campaign and helping me in politics, but actually doing it and engaging and being a voice for what you believe in makes a difference. It makes a difference in how you pay attention to things. And then finally, we've got a great community on X. If you go to my profile. Right below it, it says Colorado's Road Back to Red. We've got about sixteen hundred people in that ex community and every day we're talking about what you can do to turn Colorado around. We call it our fight Back in five fight back in five minutes, something that takes five minutes every day that you can do to turn Colorado around as a citizen. And you don't have to be a Republican, you don't have to be even conservative. You can just be a citizen who cares about Colorado and wants to make a difference and have a voice. You have to join the group, so you have to request and then we'll add you in and we'll get you off on your way and doing your fight backs in five every day. So in a little bit we're going to have Heather booth On, who's a school board member in Albert County. There's some really interesting developments going on there with some books in the district and a lawsuit that's been filed by the ACLU. We'll talk more about that, but I'm calling twenty twenty five the year of the school Board for Colorado. There are some critical races around the state. We're going to teach you how to get engaged, how to make a difference. We're going to practice for the midterms, and we're going to take back our state, one neighborhood at a time, and you are the leader of your neighborhood. You're going to make a list of all your like minded friends. You're going to host events. You're going to do this with some friends so you're not alone. You're going to attend city council meetings, county commissioner meetings, school board meetings. Get to know who your elected officials are, your state representatives, your state senators, and you're going to get in touch with the precinct chair, which is the neighborhood kind of captain for the Republican Party. If you're a registered Republican, if you're unaffiliated, you should still do that. And also if you're a libertarian. The Libertarians and the conservative movement and the Republicans are working very well together right now, and we'd love to have more opportunities to join forces and defeat the progressive agenda of Colorado that's destroying our state. So if you're not already on X, take the leap. It's the new way to get news it's the only way to get news now. The legacy media is dying. And join our community Colorado's road back to Red. You just go to my my profile and you sign up and we'll let you in and then we'll be on our way and we're going to build our army of freedom loving Colorado's to take back our state. I think it's about time to take a break. Jesse. This is Heidi Ganal filling in for Dan Caples. We'll be right back. Hello, this is Heidi Ganal filling in for Dan Caplis on this New Year's Eve.
Speaker 4: Eve.
Speaker 3: I'll be in tomorrow as well with my special guess, Congresswoman Lauren Bobert at four thirty five, but join us for the whole time four to six tomorrow. We've got a special guest coming up in just a few minutes, Heather Booth, who's on the Elbert County School Board. But before that, I wanted to kind of wrap up the conversation about how you can get engaged and involved in what you can do as a citizen. And in Colorado, we have a process that allows citizens to put forward ballot initiatives and you need a certain percentage of the vote depending on if it's a change to the Constitution or not. But there's been a lot of talk about ballot initiatives for twenty twenty five, twenty six and beyond about election integrity, and earlier we talked to Bob Cooper about some of the problems we're facing. And obviously Donald Trump, President Trump is looking to do some things on a federal level. I believe he's talked about making election Day a holiday and requiring photo ID and paper ballots. But what does that mean for Colorado? What else do we need to have happened in Colorado for voters to trust our process and trust that their vote matters. Well, We've been collecting some information Colorado Institute for Election Integrity and I've been working together to kind of put together a list of potential things we could run a ballot initiative on. And here's some of the things that people think are really important. Number one is require a photo ID to register to vote and with the mail in ballots. I mean, I'm not sure what that would look like if you need to send in a copy of your picture, or if when you go into register you've got to you've got to bring your ID and making sure, it's a government issued ID, not like a student ID or a workout club ID whatever, But that's really important to voters. Another one is requiring proof of citizenship, not a self affirmation to register to vote. So like the DMV right now, when folks who aren't citizens go in, they have to kind of say to on the form, I am not a citizen, like they have to actually claim that instead of the other way around, like are you a citizen? So we need folks to require we need our elected officials to require proof of citizenship. And that's really that goes towards the DMV. It goes to the election offices. The clerks kind of say it's the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State says it's other folks. They blame it on the FEDS. It's like this circular firing squad around that issue. So we've got to figure that out. The other thing is banning automatic voter registration at the DMV. So instead of everybody getting registered, is an unaffiliated that registered or gets a driver's license or an ID, require the voter to request a ballot for a legitimate reason. So if if you want a mail in ballot, if you want to get your ballot that way, request it like we used to with absentee ballots. A lot of folks enjoy going to vote in person, My husband does, and going on election Day, and I think that's why make election Day a holiday would actually be really popular. In fact, a twenty twenty PU Research Center survey found that seventy one percent of Americans favor making election Day a national holiday. Now, they just may want a day off, but I believe that that would actually really go far in helping people trust their vote again if they could do in person voting and you had to request a mail in ballot. If we were going to stick with those, some other things, maybe some ballot security measures, serializing ballots or using anti counterfeit tracking methods like RFID chips or embedded technology that would allow the ballot to be tracked the entire time. That would deal with the US post Office issue that Bob was talking about early, where the post Office is supposed to invoice the county clerk for all the undeliverable ballots they get back, so after the ballots are sent out, they get a bunch back that are either going to the wrong address or something was wrong and right now they're supposed to invoice the county clerks for those ballots, and it seems like a lot are getting lost in the shuffle. In fact, in Bob's analysis of nine counties, there were over thirty thousand that were just not accounted for. That's not okay. That doesn't go very far to ensuring trust in our system, in our gold standard system. Also, I think voters would look favorably and our kind of informal survey says this unlimiting dropbox ballot returns to just election locations, not everywhere known to mankind. We have our four hundred drop boxes across Colorado right now, and only during staffed hours, so not overnight, because it seems like if someone was going to try and pul shenanigans, which it is the law, you can only turn in, only only turn in ten ballots the whole election, you know, that would be a deterrent. So the drop boxes would be only at election offices and only be only open during staffed hours. That would still give people a lot of flexibility and ease and turning in their ballot. Now, I don't think this one would fly. I don't think Coloradins are going to go here, but you could ban mail in balloting and just limit it to absentee balloting with strict guidelines for getting absentee status. I don't think that one would get put through, but let me know what you think. If you want to call in or text call in is three ozho three seven one three eight two five five seven one three eight two five five, or you can text dan to five seven seven three nine. Some other ideas banning all electronic elections equipment and sophomore software and returning to in person, hand voted and hand counted paper ballots at the precinct level. A lot of folks are like, that can happen, it takes too long. Well, it can happen. It does happen in other places, it used to happen here, and I would suggest that that might go far in restoring trust, whether we like it or not, a lot of people don't trust the technology around our elections. And then finally banning ranked choice voting in any form at any level in Colorado. That is going to come back. That was just a little dip in the toe in the sand with this. Try to get ranked choice voting in Colorado. I absolutely think they're going to bring that ballot measure back, and they've got a lot of financial resources behind them. They're trying to do this across the country, and I think it's wrong for the people of Colorado. It's very confusing. We've talked a lot about that on this show and on Rocky Mountain Voice. But I truly believe we've got to do everything we can to restore trust in our election processes again, and I think President Trump's on board with that. I think we in Colorado, my goodness, we have a lot to deal with with Jenna Griswold's mishandling of the BIOS passwords and lack of kind of discipline around the signature verification process, and what happened in Mason County and the drop box issues. We've seen the US Post Office audits that Bob talked about, the voter role issues. The Public Legal Interest Foundation sued Jenni Griswold to get the list of dead voters that are on the voter rolls, and that was due on November first, right before the election. I called the Secretary of State's office right after that and said, can I get that list too? It should be public information. They said no, so I'm working with PILF Public Legal Interest Foundation. Hopefully I got that at Public Interest Legal Foundation to try and get that list, but that should be available to the public. Why is she hiding it? Typical Jennick Griswold just doesn't do anything to restore the trust of voters. And then we're also trying to work with the DMV to find out more about their process for preventing non citizens from being able to vote, and whether that's a d MV issue or a Secretary of State issue, or a county clerk issue. We're not really clear on that yet. So there's some ideas for ballot initiatives. I'm not quite sure I have the time or energy to put together something like that, but there's some great people across Colorado that can and we can do some poll testing and see what people are really interested in doing out of those choices. And we can also talk to our county commissioners and our county clerk about making sure that some of these problems don't exist, and if they do, fixing them and have their back, like if they're willing to go out on a limb and push against the Secretary of State, then have their back and speak highly of them in the public and talk about how proud you are that they're standing up against Johnny Griswold and her lack of transparency and her lack of accountability on the bios passwords, while Tina Peters, the previous Mesa County clerk, sits in prison for doing something similar for a long long time. All right, Next up, we're going to talk about predictions in the last little part of the show. But first we're going to talk to Heather Booth on the Elbert County School Board and she has some interesting things to say about a new lawsuit by the ACLU about some books that were taken out of the library there. But what are your I want you to think about it before tomorrow's show and then you can text in, you can pop me a message on Twitter, you can call in. Tomorrow we'll have Congresswoman Bobert. We're going to ask her what her twenty twenty five predictions are. You know, I think it's going to be a great year. I think a lot of good things are going to happen. Things are going to turn around. I like the idea of Doge going in and cleaning house on the bureaucracies and making sure that every penny is accounted for, our precious tax dollars are accounted for and spent well. And also that we put together a strong border and we remove violent criminals from Colorado from America and hopefully make America safe again, because that's a huge issue and one that all Americans, most Americans, majority of Americans agree on. This is Heidi Ganal filling in for Dan Caplis. We'll be right back after the break. Hello. Everyone, it's Heidi Ganal filling in for Dan Caplis. This afternoon, I'm honored to have Heather Booth, my friend who's also on the Albert County school Board, live with us to talk about an interesting issue about books and the ACLU is not happy with you guys. Heather, how you doing today?
Speaker 2: Good, Hidie, Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: Of course, you know, I got I got several emails about this actually yesterday, and then you and I texted back and forth a little bit about it. But this is a this is a very hot topic and one that could end up in the Supreme Court. Tell us a little bit about what's going on and why the ACLU is is, you know, coming after the board.
Speaker 2: Great. Thanks. Yeah. At the ACLUS teamed up with a couple of parents and some other organizations in fighting US. And we are a very small school district outside of Denver, and we have about, I don't know, about twenty five hundred students. We have four schools, and we came across nineteen books in our school that were very age inappropriate and too. We went through a process to get input from parents, community members, and the overwhelming majority said that they did not want these books in our schools. So we decided to remove them. And that was it. I mean, they lost it. I feel you lost it and decided to sue us. And we're just shocked, we really are. We're just very shocked by this.
Speaker 3: Heather, When did this happen?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: When was the meeting where the decision was made to remove the books.
Speaker 2: It was a couple of months ago, but it had you know, there was a long process in this, and we we went through several weeks of it and got a lot of input, especially from parents who just didn't want these books in their school. And we're big about parental choice and parents have the right to decide these things.
Speaker 3: And you and I were talking earlier about how these books are available in the public libraries right down the street, correct.
Speaker 2: Literally right down from three of our four schools. It is right down the street. There is a public library where you can find the majority, if not all, of these books that you.
Speaker 3: Can get or obviously they can order them online if they want their kids to read them. But a lot of the parents may not even know that their kids are reading these books or checking these books out. So taking them out of the library, I mean, is I as a parent, I'd totally support that. I elect you because I trust you to make decisions like this on the school board. I find it odd whether that the federal government requires you. Guys, don't I think you have to have internet filters in place at your school to prevent them from accessing inappropriate content. But what is present in these books is okay?
Speaker 2: Right? And so exactly, And here's the thing. There are lots in places place preventing adults from giving kids sexually explicit materials. How is this any different? In fact, that is how a lot of things are set up. You can't go see an R rated movie unless you're eighteen. You can't drive a car unless you're sixteen, You can't buy alcohol, join the military, and a couple other things unless you're a certain age. So how is this any different?
Speaker 3: I don't know that it is. It doesn't feel different. But why do you think the ACLU has picked Albert County to use as a test case? And I mean, this could go far, It could end up at the Supreme Court, and they know that. I think that's why they're doing it. But tell me more about what you think their motives are, if you can speak to that or not a little bit.
Speaker 2: I honestly think they think they can bully us into putting the books back, honestly, and that is because we are one of the lowest funded school districts in the state of Colorado, and in fact, we just came out of a financial exidency. Well we had to actually let go of twelve staff members because we and have enough money. So I think they feel that if they come after us and push hard enough, that we'll just raise up our hands and say, okay, you win, let's put the garbage back in the school. And uh, you know, we've had a lot of people rally around us and say, no, we're supporting you. This is not okay. We're just not going to put these books back in and we're going to fight. Like hell.
Speaker 3: I want to talk. I want to talk about some other things on the board. But first tell folks that are listening how they can help and support you.
Speaker 5: We have a funding page set up and actually it's through A five on and C three, So anything that you support us with is UH tax deductible, which is awesome.
Speaker 2: And it's be it t that's some boy. It dot l y forward slash support dash Elizabeth and again that's me I dot l y forward slash support dash Elizabeth. And all the money will go directly to helping us fite the ACLU and other outside entities that are suing our districts for really frivolous reasons. This is ridiculous. I mean, we ran on keeping schools safe not only from external threats but also some inappropriate materials or influences within the school.
Speaker 3: Heather, what kind of other things have you done? How long have you been on the school board?
Speaker 2: Now three years? I have been on OKA.
Speaker 3: And do you guys have a conservative majority on the board.
Speaker 5: We do?
Speaker 2: We do, Yes, we do.
Speaker 3: And what have you been able to get done or not being able to get done? I know it's very difficult, even if you do have a majority to get things done. With my experience on the regent board, but tell me a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Well, we've been able to get done quite a few things.
Speaker 5: Top my head.
Speaker 2: We put in a quo COVID resolution actually is in the middle of another lawsuit because and it was just a resolution. It wasn't even a policy. It was a resolution stating that we wouldn't mandate vaccines or masks for our kids who are teachers, that they could disciple themselves. What a concept.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, and you got sued for that.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're currently being sued. Yes, you know, we have a parental choice you know. One of the things we're huge about parental choice, Uh, and decisions. Let let them decide. We've just approved a classical charter school for our district and which was so huge, and we know that it could take away some kids out of our schools, which could cost us funding. But here's the thing we're we're big about parents' choice. They get to choose what kind of education they want their kids to half. And not everybody thinks the public schools is great. Not everybody thinks through school is great. Not everybody thinks private school. Everybody needs to deciph on themselves what they want to do. And I mean, here's the deal. We are here to educate kids, not raise kids. We've got to get back to the basics of reading, writing, and math. Our school is, not only as a state, but as a nation, keep falling. I think this is because we have lost sight at the most important task, educating the kids. Let's get back to direct teaching in a way from the garbage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the things that I've been really reading more and more about and as a region. It was a big deal at the University of Colorado. But the administrative blow and the increase in amounts of money and the size of the administration in schools, so very little of the increase in funding is going into the classroom. It's going into hiring more administrators. Has that been the case for you in albert Not so much.
Speaker 2: We're because we're so low funded. We really watch our dolls, and you know, at this point we're having to let go of teachers, so we you know, I don't see that quite as much. So, so we're a little bit better than the majority of public schools, So you do, I do see that a lot in our neighboring districts. And you know, we've done, We've got we've got a new superintendent and he's been really trying to make that dollar go a lot farther than it has ever been able to and which is awesome, and go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, I was just going to say, the work you're doing as a school board member is incredibly important. It's one of the most difficult positions a to run a race for, but be to actually make a difference when you're actually in the seat, And I applaud all you're doing and the work you're doing to push back against this ACLU lawsuit. What happens next in the lawsuit.
Speaker 2: That we're waving on we haven't even honestly even to get it literally just happened this last week, so really not a whole lot. We're just kind of waiting to see what the next steps are. And you know, all I have to say to people is I don't think risk sexual content is appropriate for children to read. And I don't see how anybody could argue that point. Where do we draw the line? That's my question, Where do we draw the line? What if somebody wants to put in Playboy or fifty shapes of gray in our schools? Should we allow that? I think these books should be decided between parents and to discuss with their kids. But where is that line? And it just baffles me that parents can't get to choose that. And I just really think the problem is you can't take back a book once it's read, Like, you can't take that back once a child reads an inappropriate book. You can't. You can't take that back hoe where you can put in place guardrails to protect kids from not reading so that their family wouldn't think it's appropriate. You know, our wonderful superintendent once said, whatever values children come to school with, they should go home with those things values, whether we agree with them or not.
Speaker 3: That's wonderful. I love that quote. I'm going to use that going forward. If only, if only that was happening in all schools across America. Well, thank you, Heather for all you're doing. We applaud you, and you know, hold firm. We've got your back. I'll actually put out on X the link so that people can find it on my X account, which is heidikan all at Heidi Ganal and share that and let's get you some funding so you guys can fight back, but Heather, keep up the good fight and we will get an update soon.
Speaker 2: So much tidy?
Speaker 3: All right, everyone, This is Heidi Ganal filling in for Dan Kapls. We're going to take a quick break and come back and wrap up with some predictions for twenty twenty five. Please call in at three oh three seven one three eight two five five or text your predictions to five seven seven three nine with the first word Dan. We'll see you in just a minute. Good afternoon, everyone, It's Heidigan All filling in for Dan Kapliss our last few minutes together. I thought we'd talk a little bit about predictions to kind of tee up tomorrow's show, which I want lots of feedback tomorrow. I need lots of call ins and text messages and ping me tonight on Twitter if you want to give me your predictions for next year. Next year, it's only a couple days away. I thought I would start with no stra Damas. Do you guys remember that guy that we all read about at some point in our in our education process. He was a French astrologer and a physician from the fifteen hundreds, and he's famous for predicting major historical events. Supposedly he predicted eight off Hitler's rise to nine to eleven attacks and even COVID. So I looked up real quick, like, what are his predictions for twenty twenty five? Well, his first prediction is an end to the Russia Ukraine War. So his predictions for twenty twenty five say that they, let's see, people are going to be exhausted from a prolonged war and it's going to push both sides to seek peace. Or it could it just be Trump pushing that. I don't know, we'll see. The other thing it predicts or he predicts way back then was plague and more in England. He said it's going to be a really tough year for England with cruel wars and the outbreak of an ancient plague that could prove more devastating than any enemy. Interesting and finally, this is the kicker. I'm not sure that Trump can do anything about this. Maybe Elon can. But an asteroid collision with Earth. He says that asteroid is going to come dangerously close to Earth in twenty twenty five. So interesting stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: On the political front, it's going to be it's going to be a wild year because we've got some really important school board races, obviously in city council races. We're going to have a very crazy legislative session with the Dems still holding a strong majority, and Jared Polis probably wants everybody to stay kind of moderate insane because he wants to run for president in twenty eight so he's got a not veto too many bills and act like he's keeping everybody Kumbaia and that this truly is the blue model for the rest of the country. That's what he wants people to think. I think he's underestimating the upset by people in Colorado, but I think the legislative session isn't going to hold back. The legislators on the Democrat side are going to do all the crazy things they do, and Polus is going to either have to use his veto pen or go along with it not and it's going to hurt him badly when he tries to play moderate in the presidential race. He also it's really important for Polis in the next year or two, the last couple of years of his governorship to make sure the Colorado stays very, very blue, because that's kind of what he's riding this wave on right now. Is we were one of the only states to not go farther right and to go, you know, or at least stay neutral or a little more blue. I don't know how that ended up. Finally, I think it did go a little bit red. But he's kind of banking his reputation on being the guy that turned Colorado blue and kept it blue throughout the Trump phenomenon of twenty twenty four, so that's going to be interesting to see. Would also be interesting to see who enters the governor's race on the Democrat side for twenty twenty six. I think Joe no Goose is probably one of their top candidates. He's the congressman up in CD two, which is bolder and some of the mountain areas, and he's one of the most powerful people on the Democrat side in Congress, so it'll be interesting to see if he leaves that is willing to give that up to run for governor. And then of course Jenna Griswold I think thinks that she has a shot, which is a pity, oh my gosh, after all she's pulled in the last few months. And then Phil Wiser, I'm pretty sure that's Governor Poulis's guy, But I don't know that exactly. It's just my gut feeling. But Phil Wiser's been teeing up for quite a while to run for governor, and so those three are probably going to battle it out. Maybe Mike Johnston gets in that race, and oh my goodness, he's made a disaster out of Denver, Jesse, have you been down to downtown Denver lately?
Speaker 4: I live in downtown Denver, SUS. Yes, every day. I'm in the heart of it down there in thirtieth in Blake. But yes, it's a disaster.
Speaker 3: How on earth is Mike Johnston going to make a play for governor when Denver has gotten so much worse? I mean, I know he has a lot of money backing him, with Reid Huffman, the LinkedIn guy, and Mike Bloomberg, and maybe they come around and help him repair his reputation with just lots of dollars and lots of fuzzy warm ads like polisted when I was running. But what's your take on Denver? Are people upset yet? Is it hurting enough that they want to vote differently.
Speaker 4: Because there's just too many transplants here that'll always vote blue no matter what, and that's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: But it is.
Speaker 4: If it continues to get worse, and it's hard to get imagine it getting much worse, maybe that'll change. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Golly, I hope it changes. I want to go back to downtown Denver and have fun and go to Rockies games and and just have a good time. And it's just it's not very fun to go to downtown Denver anymore. Unfortunately, an interesting thing's happening right now internationally Canada. It looks like is going to replace Trudeau with a conservative leader. That would be really good for everyone. And hopefully we get the border up next year, that the border walls up and they do a good job of firming things up so that we can stop the influx of bad guys and fentanyl across our border. And let's hope that no Astronamis is right, that the Ukraine war is done and that we don't have to worry about sending our young men over there to help fight a war that seems endless and unnecessary or unfortunate. I also think it'd be interesting to see if by the end of next year where it stands with Panama and Greenland is Greenland? Another state is Panama too? Do we control the Panama Canal? What do you think about that? Does he even keeping an eye on that at all?
Speaker 4: I saw Trump said they better mind their p's and q's or he's going to go down there and paying them on get them all straightened out.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fun. I think it's going to be an interesting year ahead. I'm so excited to be on with you guys today dishing all this fun political stuff and talking about football, election integrity and school board craziness. I will be back tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening and happy New Year's Eve eve. Talk to you soon. It's Heidik and All filling in for Dan Kaplas