Speaker 1: At the bottom of the hour, we are gonna hear from the Broncos. They've got a press conference with their number one draft pick that everybody in Colorado went who last night except for Ken the bass player. More on that in a moment joining us now. Though in the meantime you hear him here as Jimmy Segenberger. Maybe you read his columns in the Denver gazett as Jimmy Sangenberger, but he's in here today as his alter ego. Oh that's right, Jimmy Junior. The Jimmy Junior Blues Band is playing on Sunday as part of the Douglas County tenth Annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Day Because in Douglas County, we like our cops call it's crazy, we love the cops, and it is a family friendly event. They got guest speakers, they got food, they got drinks, and they got music by the Jimmy Jr.
Speaker 2: Blues Band.
Speaker 1: Now I have a theory, Jimmy, why you call yourself to Jimmy Junior Blues Band? Okay, I think you think it makes maybe you sound black.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And since it's a blues band, I'm blue is rooted in the black experience.
Speaker 2: I think you just maybe wanted to, you know, sort of just get a little of that vibe. Am I right, have you been talking with my buddy Tay Anderson.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure he'd suggest that's the reason. There are two main reasons. One I actually am a junior right. Two Junior Wells is my favorite blues harmonica player, an old Chicago blues guy. If you're familiar with blues guitarist Buddy Guy, the legends still alive today, really the reigning king of the blues.
Speaker 2: He was very close friends with Junior.
Speaker 4: Wells and they used to do a lot together back in the day as well, and so sort of channeling that a little bit.
Speaker 1: They're black and the really I'm just throwing you know, you want to you can idea how any way you want. Jimmy, if people learned nothing from our brethren across the islands, that you can just decide you're going to be black on Sunday and be part of the Jimmy Junior Blues Band.
Speaker 2: There's anything that can happen if you just put your mind to it right where where? And Ken is with us as well.
Speaker 1: Ken is normally the bass player, but in order to be more animated on the radio, he is a guitar player today because, as I said, the players don't do anything but stand there and look cool and barely move their hands.
Speaker 2: Ken. That's right, isn't it true?
Speaker 3: No, I'm very very animated on stage as well. And since you brought that up, one of the reasons to come see Jimmy play is that he gets into it. I've never played with anybody whoever has gotten into playing the harmonica or any other instrument for that matter, as much as Jimmy has.
Speaker 2: It is as much a.
Speaker 3: Sight as it is an oral experience to see Jimmy perform.
Speaker 2: Is it like Joe Cocker level? What are we looking at right now?
Speaker 3: Similar to that, only it's a little bit more crouching.
Speaker 1: Crouching tiger, hidden dragon kind of stuff. Maybe a leg kick here and there.
Speaker 3: It's it's I can't obviously, I'm struggling for words.
Speaker 4: Music is flowing through kim It literally, yeah, it really does.
Speaker 2: Even at practice. It's just this great thing to be a part.
Speaker 1: You've never really talked about how you started loving blues music, because I too love blues music, and for me, it really started when I started going to blue festivals and being exposed to some of the artists that you were talking about, and you know, just kind of really enjoying it. Although one of my friends once said to me, I don't know how you go to these blues festivals, because we'll go for an all day blues festivals. You like, after the third song at all stouts starts to sound the.
Speaker 2: Same, and I was like, Okay, maybe.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a Mumford and Son, you know song, maybe, but there's so much more to it.
Speaker 2: When did you start loving the blue?
Speaker 4: When I was a little kid, real honestly, I mean I would coming home from the hospital as a newborn, myself, my younger brother, my younger sister. My parents had Steve Ray Vaughan's version of Live version of Mary had a little Lamb by Buddy Guy cued up in the car. I kid, you not first song coming home from the hospital as newborns so from birth raised on Stevie Ray and the Almand Brothers band. I mean, I was seven. We'd be in the car doing errands. My mom would be listening to the top forty radio. I had a portable CD players listening to Almenn Brothers and Steve rayvaugh at seven first concert Johnny Lang opening for Jeff Beck.
Speaker 2: Bedad took me. I was seven or eight years old.
Speaker 1: I discovered Jeff Beck when I did not return my Columbia recording house, and I still have the Jeff DECKCD that I got because of it. So if you'd like to borrow that, that's great, and I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean just the music. Grew up on blues and southern rock.
Speaker 4: My sister Caitlin will be joining us for a tune to say Long Train Running by the Doobie Brothers on Sunday, so that'll be fun as well. But it really it's just there's something that spoke to me and connected with me at that age. And because I'm a young.
Speaker 1: Black man growing up in this society, it probably was challenging.
Speaker 4: It makes it very difficult, and so you really channel and feel the blues. I will say this though, because I mentioned Buddy, I was eleven when I saw Buddy Guy and bb King first in concert at at Fiddlers.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing. That's a lot of listeners. Jimmy put that into context. When were you eleven two.
Speaker 4: Thousand and one, not that long ago, not that long ago for some people.
Speaker 2: To me, it's quite a while ago.
Speaker 1: Well for the rest of us. Whatever, No, I'm just kidding you guys gonna play for us?
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, I mean, gush.
Speaker 4: I think we should start with given a couple of factors, I think we should start with our original that we've wrote.
Speaker 2: Together, actually go back by the years. This one is called blues Man through and Through.
Speaker 1: Bluesman through and Through by the Jimmy Junior Blues Band.
Speaker 2: Well do of them anyway, shall we say? The Jimmy Junior Duo.
Speaker 4: We gotta give all the credit here, that's for sure. He actually was the inspiration for this song. I said I'm a blues man through and through one day, and he said, that's gonna be the name of your first album Forever. We finally wrote this song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a bluesman, baby.
Speaker 6: You know that it's true. I'm a bluesman, Dylan, you know that it's truth. Yeah, I'm a blues man through and through.
Speaker 2: And a baby.
Speaker 4: It's all because of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a blues man baby.
Speaker 2: You know it's the truth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a bluesman baby.
Speaker 2: You know it's the truth. Yeah, I'm a blues.
Speaker 5: Man through and through, and baby, it's all.
Speaker 2: Because of you. My baby done going and left me. She left me high and dry.
Speaker 6: She didn't even give me a chance to say goodbyes. Why I'm a blues man, people, a blues man through and through. I'm a blues man through and through, and baby, it's all because of you. I'm a bluesman, Dolan, I'm a blues man through and through. I'm a blues man, pretty baby, a blues man through and through. Just give me a harmonica, little girl, and I'll prove that is true. Oh baby, I'm feeling down, a feeling like a dark clown. Old baby, I'm a feeling so downs. Why I'm a blues man, people, a blues man and through and through. I'm a bluesman through and through, and.
Speaker 2: Baby, it's all because of you.
Speaker 1: I'll be the solo flat audience right there, Jimmy j bluesman.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a quick break. We're gonna be back with another song.
Speaker 1: You can see them Sunday at the tenth annual Douglas County Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. It's gonna be at the Douglas County Fairgrounds from three pm to six pm. Family friendly, free. Come on out celebrate law enforcement listening to some good music.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. I'm in a studio.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Sunnenberger, Bassed player Ken from the Jimmy Junior Blues Ban. They're playing on Sunday for Law Enforcement Appreciation Day in Douglas County. It's at the Douglas County Fairgrounds in Castle Rock. They're gonna be The event goes from three to six. Do you know what time you guys are playing?
Speaker 2: At three o'clock?
Speaker 4: At three, we're gonna do a few tunes. Then they're gonna open things up. Then we're gonna play word. We're throughout the event. Uh, you got to cover on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh, We've got.
Speaker 4: Quite a great range of tunes. I mentioned long Train Running. My sister Caitlin will be sitting in with us for that. A Red House from Jimmy Hendrix will be playing. I mentioned Junior Wells will be playing. We got a couple other regional tunes that we've got. We've got an Almond Brothers song in the mix, a couple of tunes covered famously by.
Speaker 2: The Blues Brothers.
Speaker 4: We've got his z Eazy Top song in there, really eclectic fun mix. One really great tune that Ken actually sings is if you want to Get to Heaven, which was done by the Ozark Mountain Daredevil's.
Speaker 2: It is the one that goes of course, Yeah, we put that. That is an absolute.
Speaker 4: Blast to play on harmonica and you look like you're possessed.
Speaker 5: I'm a cute video.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna put it on my social media after the show.
Speaker 2: Shoot some more. As I stand up now, I've.
Speaker 1: Got to move sitting down. I can't like I have to record commercials standing up. Okay, they're gonna do another song, and then when we we're gonna take a break right when they get done, and then when we come back, the Broncos are having a press conference with their number one draft pick. We're gonna jump into that. As soon as that starts. It is time for the Jimmy Junior Blues Band. You can see them Sunday at the Douglas County Fairgrounds.
Speaker 2: Hit it kids, all right, this will be a blast.
Speaker 4: This June by the Great Sunny Boy Williamson two covered by Junior wows in the past. Get going, brother, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta help me. I won't do it All by myself.
Speaker 4: You gotta help me, baby, Woman, I won't do it.
Speaker 2: All by myself.
Speaker 5: No, I won't.
Speaker 7: If you don't help me, baby, I've gotta find myself somebody else.
Speaker 6: I might have to wash, I might have to sew, I might have to.
Speaker 2: I'll leave it my back floor. But you gotta help me.
Speaker 5: Woman, Baby, I.
Speaker 2: Won't do it all by myself.
Speaker 7: If you don't help me, baby, I'm gonna have to find myself somebody else.
Speaker 8: Let me go a little bit now.
Speaker 2: When I walk, you walk with me. When I talk, you talk to me.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I can't do it all by myself.
Speaker 7: If you don't help me, I've got to find myself somebody else.
Speaker 2: Let me take us South Camp.
Speaker 1: Dog Jimmy, Judy Blase Man, Sunday, Douglas County Fairground, three p m. Hope to see you there will be right back. Broncos press conference with their number one draft pick coming up next