Speaker 1: Step into a journey where every step is packed with purpose, insight, and empowerment. This is Walk with Wisdom with your host, Genevieve Wisdom. Walk with Wisdom is a dynamic podcast series designed for men and women forty and over who are ready to embrace their best years. Yet life at this stage isn't about slowing down, It's about leveling up. Each episode is a walkthrough guide to mastering life's transitions, rediscovering passions, and thriving physically, mentally and emotionally. We bring you expert advice, real life stories, and actionable strategies to help you strive confidently into a future of vitality and fulfillment. So now please welcome the host of Walk with Wisdom, Genevieve Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Hi, everyone on Genevieve Wisdom, and welcome back to Walk with Wisdom, a lifestyle show on youthful aging, which is looking good and feeling amazing as you age, and we do so with zest, zeal vitality. Thank you again everyone who's been with us on this walk from day one. Can you imagine we're on the eleventh show. I am very very grateful, and that being said, thank you for joining us. Live on YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn. Of course hit the thumbs up, share with your friends and family and groups anyone that you think might benefit from the information we're sharing here. Also, don't forget to connect with Bowl Brave TV to know when the next shows are coming on. And another little preamble before we start, just reminding all of you that you know we're sharing information. We're talking, we're having a walk, We're talking about things that are out there with incredible experts. However, if you're going to start any changes in your health, et cetera, talk to your primary care practitioner before you do so. Today is an awesome show. I have an incredible guest whom I've known for my goodness twenty five years, and I am so grateful to bring on Dolores Sternness Bliss today. Dan, can you cure up Dolores? Please? Hi?
Speaker 3: Dolores, Hi, Jenevieve, how are you?
Speaker 2: I am doing fantastic? Thank you for joining us today. So without further ado, I'm going to tell everyone what you're going to be talking about today, and you know it's really going to be meaning full. Bruce is also here. He will join us at the end of the show to do a little wrap up, maybe a few last minute questions for you, Dolores. But to tell all our valued listeners and viewers, Dolores is going to be talking about endocrine disruptors, and it's going to be in a way which you've probably heard, but maybe not quite like this. And this lends to what Bruce and I have been talking about, which is menopause, menopause, the endocrine system, etc. So Dolores, thank you again for your wisdom and for joining us.
Speaker 3: It's my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Perfect So everyone, without further ado, I need to read a little bio about Dolores. So. Dolores grew up the oldest girl in a family of nine children on a farm in northern BC. Her parents grew and raised most of what they ate, and she learned an appreciation for being self so efficient and living a healthy, natural lifestyle. She earned her teaching certificate from SFU in nineteen seventy two. Dolores taught for a number of years in elementary school and took some time off to raise her three children. Once she went back to work, she taught at the College of New Caledonia in Burns Lake. However, she found that her true interest was in herbs and natural products, so she bought a health food store in Burns Lake, which she owned and operated with her husband for almost ten years. From there, they opened an organic cafe at Sfu which they also ran for ten years. And that's where I met you, Dolores and your amazing husband. Wow, almost twenty five years ago. So further to Dolores's bio. After retiring from the cafe, she had an online business called Natural Health and Wellness where she helped busy people cook healthy meals. As well, she held online classes to teach people how the chemicals in their home and personal care products are harming their health. She offered them healthy home care and personal products through the business which she runs. She is in the process of adding to her business natural perfumes that have no artificial and synthetic sense in or other ingredients. She and her husband returned almost four years ago to live on the family farm that they grew that they grew up on, grow their own food and grow their own food. Dolores has discovered that many of the plants that grow on the farm can be used to make healing oils. She loves the quiet rural life, but works two days a week in her old health food store because she loves to help people with their health. Dolores, that's a mouthful, and everyone, that's just a tip of the iceberg as to who and what Dolores has done, but a lot of wisdom they're Dolores, thank you of course, of course, So let me just jump into the questions because I am just so excited and interested about this part of what we're doing on Youthful Aging. So, Delores, we've talked about things here on the show, and you may have seen some of the past episodes. One of the reasons why I love the guests, including yourself, is despite your wealth of information and all the different things you've done, you have the ability and gift to take the complicated and make it simple. So let's talk about the endocrine system and what it does. Can you elucidate that, please? And Dan you can bring up that slide please.
Speaker 3: Yes, certainly, the endocrint system. And this is just to keep it really simple, because obviously it's a marvelous part of our body and does many things. But what it does is it's composed of these glands that are distributed throughout the body. So if you look at the diagram you can see the hypothalamus, the pituitary and those two are mainly involved in our reproductive system and therefore menopause, as well as the ovaries and the testicles in the males. So those are the three main ones that I'm going to talk about today. So what these what they do, these glands do is they produce and release hormones into the bloodstream. Then these hormones are the chemical messengers that travel into our cells. So the body is very dependent on these hormones for a healthy underconsystem because it helps to control so many functions in the body, such as our normal growth coordination. It includes metabolism, fertility and reproduction, growth and development. It helps control our mood and the way our organs work. So these hormones are very important, but they're in extremely small amounts excuse me and an a bit of a cold earlier, So any minor disruptions in those levels can cause significant differences or problems in our development and as well as our biological so it has effects in all those are areas.
Speaker 2: So the key.
Speaker 3: Glands that I mentioned that are involved with menopause is the first one is the pituitary gland.
Speaker 2: So this one that's up again. Maybe we'll put up that little slide you at again and people can see how they're perfect. Yes, So the petuitary gland.
Speaker 3: Yes, So the haary gland is the master gland, and that's located at the base of the brain, and this controls many of the underc glands, so it's kind of the controller, and it produces the follicle stimulating hormones, which are essential to regulate our menstrual cycle, our ovarian functions, and at the start of menopause, the ovaryx down are the ones that are the primary source of estrogen and progesterone. So at the beginning of menopause, the hypothalmis senses that there's a decrease in the estrogen and progestone, so it releases a hormone. In response to this hormone, the pituitary gland releases a hormone. So what happens then is these hormones cause the eggs in the follicles start to decrease, and then we get less of the hormones estrogen, so everything kind of gradually starts to decrease, and they're all interrelated. So that's the main and then the pineal glan. It does release melatonin, which is very important for our sleep. So although it's not involved mainly in overy function, all of that it can influence, especially in men, can make a difference in their testicles, affects the release of hormones for men, so as the age, it can cause problems with our sleep, so both men. So that's because the melatonin, it's the hormone for sleep.
Speaker 2: And thank you for mentioning that. I'm just going to jump in here for a sat Dolores, and you know what we've talked about in everyone. If you haven't seen the past episodes, please go back and look. We talked about nutraceuticals. When Bruce started with us, he talked about the gut and the liver, and I know, Dolores, you get how all that everything affects everything else, but melatonin, for instance, A lot of times people don't realize that a lot of the hormones we share them between men and women, and one of the major one is melatonin. And we're going to talk a little bit later about as we age what happens through menopause. And we talked about menopause as I like to call it, our andropause. I'm just some of the similars that are similar. So I'm glad you mentioned melatonin. We don't have the little slide up dolores. But keep going on on the endocrine system.
Speaker 3: Please, Okay. So that's kind of the basically what I had to say about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So about the.
Speaker 3: About the glands and what they produce and how that affects our our menopause, menstruation, all of that fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well, then it's perfect timing for me because I had another question brewing, and my question was what happens to make menopause so difficult for some women and andropause for some men. Now that you've explained the endocrine system as we get older, what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, there are the natural aspects of menopause, but one of the factors they believe that has a big impact is endicin disrupting chemicals. So, as I just mentioned, that's the endercon system, so chemicals can come in and because the hormones are just in very tiny amounts, it doesn't take a lot of chemical to interrupt how they work. So there's a study done by the National Institute of Health that shows that there is a link between menopause symptoms such as hot flashes, sleep disturbances, weight gain, and this because there's with the study that they did. They found that there were certain chemicals in the urine and they believe that those chemicals affect the hormones. So if we're in an environment where there's a lot of hormones i mean, sorry, chemicals, then we're having these hormones being affected.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're talking about chemicals, and these are endocrine disrupting chemicals. Dolores, did you have a suggestion, and I'm probably going to jump around a bit here, where do we find these chemicals? Can you give us just a couple of products that we may find these chemicals in?
Speaker 3: Right, Well, chemicals are used in most of the products that we're using in our home. So everything that we're using for cleaning, our personal care, things we're putting on our body, the things we're using to scent the air, those have chemicals and there's a certain type of chemical that is used for creating the scent that's in there, and I'll explain that in a little more detail here in a moment. So those chemicals are in our homes, in our products, we're putting them on our bodies. We're breathing them, we're drinking water that has chemicals, foods that we eat have chemicals.
Speaker 2: Right, wow, Okay, no, I understand, so thank you. So that's how we encounter these chemicals. They're coming in in all these different places, places that we may not have thought of. So it's just in our environment in general, but certainly on the products that we're using. So my question is, are these Are these chemicals listed on ingredient labels.
Speaker 3: No, And the reason they're not listed is they're considered and trade secrets. So there's all this whole arrange of chemicals that manufacturers can use to create their sense, right, whatever scent they want in their product. And we know that all the products we buy have sent, right, your dish soap has sent your laundry soap has sent your dryer sheets, have sent your spray's room scenty. They're all sent, right, Well, they all come under the Proprietary Secrets Act where they don't actually have to tell you what's there because that's their secret formula. And they have an option of using over around three thousand different chemicals that can be used to make their own scent. So that's their proprietary secret so they're by law they don't have to list them, so that I'm not realizing that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, well, thank you for that. And everyone something else you know about me. And by the way, as we mentioned, we're sharing information. This stuff is out there and so we're just talking here about what's going on. If you want to look further, you can just google these things. But here's something about set sense that I am that I can't even believe that I have been exposed to it so much, not really realizing that it could be causing an effect because everyone has known about what I'm going through with that stage, get a hot flash right now. So my mom, my mom, was a housekeeper and nannie and fell in love with where we live right now, on the beautiful wet coast as we like to call it. She loved the trees and the rain, and this woman loved her chemicals and she loved to make the houses smell so absolutely beautiful. So I grew up with all these sense and I started to like, you know, when you're spraying down you're doing your housekeeping. Not gonna call any names, but you spray all your air fresheners and all of that. And now, as I got older and did my research. You know, I find out that a lot of these chemicals. Of course they go into your body and everyone we talked about xeno estrogens, and maybe Bruce when he does the breakdown, we can talk about xeno estrogens in the last part of the show, because that's exactly what you're tying together for us dolores is. Those chemicals form different kinds of things that affect hormones, including different types of hormones, and this causes problems with these symptoms that we get as we get older, going through menopause and menopause. Is that just a general me defining.
Speaker 3: Yes, because these hormones can mimic. These chemicals can mimic our hormones. So our cells have a receptors for our hormones and they are close enough and they can block that receptor site so the actual real hormone can't get in there. So it interrupts the whole function because the body is not getting the hormones that it needs because these chemicals are getting in the way. They're blocking those sites, so they mimic and they block or interrupt, causing problems with how our intercoon system is working.
Speaker 2: Right. No, I have a question, why don't the manufacturers then just use natural sense?
Speaker 3: Well, natural sense come from planet right, yes, exactly, So plants, of course they're not consistent. Right, So growing seasons, where it's grown soil, whether all of that affects the consistency of the oils in the plants, Well, they want consistency. They also they're cheaper. They can get more of the product you know it's made, so they can get that more of that, and so it's just cheaper to use the chemicals. And plus they can create their own sense. So there's a whole variety of you know, you think about perfumes. I used to love some of them, and I you know, they were I loved the scent until I discovered there were chemicals. But you know they're all individual, they were different. And so manufacturers can make their own blend what they're known for because they mix their chemicals all and they've got three thousand to choose from. So there's a hidariety of sense that one can make with that, right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, No, that totally makes sense now when we're talking about chemicals. So it's it's found in perfumes, but it's not only in perfumes. Were you saying just everyday household things. We just have to look at the scense. So anything that probably has a nice smelling scent, yeah, some kind of a chemical, right, yes, because we're just talking here, can we go through a list you and I of of things that we use every day that might have you know, your kin.
Speaker 3: It's in plastics, one of the main ones called thilights. They're in plastics, so they're in everything. They're in like toys, the vinyl floor covers, wall coverings, pharmaceuticals, but all our personal care products so nail polish, hair spray, cleansers, makeup cosmetics, but in products as well, so an after shape and soaps. So it's like a huge number of things that they're in and where you find them in there is under the word fragrance. So they don't tell you that there you're there, but the key word is fragrance. Fragrance is a cover up for all these chemicals because they don't have to listen, so they just have to say fragrance. So when you look through your list of things, like your products that you have way down usually kind of hidden kind of in the middle. It's there. Takes a bit to find it, but you'll find fragrance and then you know that there's chemicals in there.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, that is really interesting. I'm going to go back to something you said. Now, you mentioned that it's in plastics. Now, are you talking about a plastic container that doesn't have a smell but in the plastic itself?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, chemical that can be endocrine disruptors. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's far better to store your food in glass okay, glass containers?
Speaker 2: Okay? And and why is that? Does the chemical come out of the way?
Speaker 3: Well, the chemicals can leak out into the food. I mean some of the containers are supposedly safer, but they're still plastic, so undoubtedly. I mean I'm suspicious, right, so there's probably some leeching. So I just use glass containers to store my food for that reason.
Speaker 2: Right right. Oh my goodness. Well that's really really interesting and something that I'll share with everyone as well. By the way, everyone, remember if you're enjoying what we're talking about, taking the complicated, you may have heard of chemicals. Well what is it? And Dolores is here breaking it down for us today about fragrances and just you know, in general, if you're going to have certain plastics with your food, just consider that the chemical in it might leach out, so.
Speaker 3: Some simple particularly if you put it in the microwave, right of.
Speaker 2: Course, because it's cooking it in, is that why well it releases it the heat of course of course absolutely, so everyone, if you want to talk to us further, you can contact me directly at Wisdom Wisdom at walkwi Wisdom dot Ca is the email Wisdom at walk with Wisdom dot Ca. Dolores is also available. She has coached and counseled and we're going to talk about what she's doing now. And she's given us her email as well, which is if you're watching, you can see it, but it's d Storness Bliss at gmail dot com and we'll put it in the chat for you. So it's d Sternness Bliss at gmail dot com. But to make it simpler, you can always email me and I will be happy to pass on her information. Now we're coming up, it's time for us to take a little break to hear from our sponsors. Dolores, you have gotten me excited to talk about what we can do about all of this, and we will be right back every day.
Speaker 1: Thinking the bone bo.
Speaker 2: Yeh the thing every y.
Speaker 3: Thinking the bone boy.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, I'm Jennevieve Wisdom. Welcome back to Walk with Wisdom. It's a lifestyle show on Youthful Agent, which is looking good and feeling amazing as you age. We have Dolores Storness Bliss here today and she's talking about how environmental things can affect us as we age, as we get younger as I like to call it. And speaking about getting younger, we have the amazing Bruce Pollock who's back joining us because Dolores, I don't know if you're awaring for aller reviewers out there. Bruce was my first guest, and I have also known Bruce not unlike yourself, for a couple of decades, and Bruce has that gift take the complicated, make it simple. We have that balance of male and female, which I didn't want to leave the men out as we got younger, and everyone asked for Bruce to come back. So here the three of us are and we're gonna have a little discussion. Now this is the part where when Bruce comes in, he basically summarizes what you've said, Delora. So we're gonna give Bruce a moment to just kind of go over what you said and see if he has an equest at the end of it. Hi, Bruce, are you doing you look younger?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: I'm feeling it. So I was really I found it interesting when you started talking about the hormones being blocked by these by these chemicals or these xeno estrogens. And I think if you look at that in a different way, you could say, it's you've got You've just got this little area where this chemical where the hormone can absorb, and if there's something laying over top of it, again, plug in a sink, so nothing you get past that, that means a hormone can't get in there. That's what you're saying, right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely so the hormones.
Speaker 4: So the hormones actually being blocked from getting to where it needs to go because of these other chemicals that are in our system. And this is this is what you refer to as as enderkin disruptors because they're disrupting the underconsystem from working the way it should because the hormones aren't getting to where they need to be. Does that is that a summary of it?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 4: Yep, exactly perfect. So I have a question. It was very interesting. By the way. I really appreciated the the three thousand. I didn't know there's three thousand different chemicals they add they can make a combination to make a smell, it taste, a flavor. Well, they could even be number, but it's a good number. It guess it's a ballpark, you know. But my question is, is I go shopping, I look on the back of something and it says natural flavor or natural fragrance. Does that have a legal meaning to it.
Speaker 3: It's basically they don't have to actually reveal what's there because of that law that allows them to. It's their trade secret, so they just give a like a cover word, and it's you don't really know what's in there, but you can suspect because they're not telling you that it's likely a chemical.
Speaker 4: So because it says natural, it doesn't really mean anything. And there's nobody holding this person to say natural has to grow on the ground. It's just the word they use to describe their their flavor. They're scent exactly exactly. Because that's interesting because I've had friends say me, but it's natural flavor or it's natural scent. And what we're saying now is that means nothing in a legal.
Speaker 3: Manner exactly, and you get what they call is greenwashing. You get products that advertise themselves as being natural, but they still have like fragrance or like you're saying natural on there, and that's really just a cover up which they're allowed legally to use to cover up that there's chemicals there that they don't have to divulge.
Speaker 4: So to go a step further, if you don't want these things in it, you have to start looking for organic. Is that the idea You have to look for organic?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that as well as a company that divulges what they're using, like if they're using plant natural sense, they'll list so it'll be like the essential oils they say Alavin's are central oil, citrus, eucalyptus, peppermints, so they're actually telling you what it is. And when you get a product that is.
Speaker 2: Open and.
Speaker 3: Responsible, not trying to hide things, they'll list them all there. And you can have a huge list, but they'll all be listed there and you'll know clover O, well, I know what clothes are, so I get it right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I have a question and I've said when we started the show, and again, thank you everyone, there are lots of comments going on, Please continue to comment. I saw someone here saying, yeah, I heard that about the natural, and thank you for explaining that. You know, we just dig a little bit deeper. So what I said in the nexus of the show was I have wise people that have taught me to give me my wisdom. And often a wise man is sometimes a wise woman. In this case, it was a wise man who once said that there's something called schools of thought, and there is one school of thought that says that, Okay, we can go down a little bit of digging trying to figure out how natural a product is on one end, or we can take what the companies are saying because we live where we live as truth. Dolores. I'm going to ask you this again, and I think Bruce started, and I'm just going to continue on that. So are you saying then that there are home care products that we can get that have essential is in it? Because I love essential oils, Bruce, I love is such absolutely man. Yeah, me too, Yeah, absolutely, And so are you saying them that there are products out there that we can get.
Speaker 3: Yes, there are, and they do use they do guarantee that they are not using any toxic chemicals that they are using essential oils, and you're getting the scent, the real scent from the plant. It's not made up. It's not a chemical sense, so you're not going to get the effects on your endocrine system that you're getting from the chemicals.
Speaker 2: Right. No, that's excellent, Roost. Did you have any questions or comments here? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did. The other thing you're asking, why do they use chemicals instead of plants? Even if they wanted to use plants. There's not enough plants in this earth to perfume all the bottles of stuff that we buy. If you walk through aisles and aisles and aisles of these different massive box stores, it would be yeah, it would be uh. And and I really appreciate as well, consistency if you're buying I'm a supplement guy. If you're buying organic supplements, they can look different every time you buy them, just because the plants are slightly different. I mean, it's the same plant, but it just as you say, it rained more this year, right, So it's a very difficulty to and people come back and say it doesn't look like it did last time. I say, well, it's an organic thing. It can't look the same. You know, that's the whole basis of being organic, right, So a lot of good points about why they use the chemicals and and and if you have a bad year, you have no you have no plants to use if applieds that year. So a lot of interesting points you're brought up to lours.
Speaker 3: Well, an interesting thing that when you said that about there's not enough plants, in actual fact, there's more products claiming to have lavender scent then there's is lavender to even provide it. So you can't even get enough lavender to provide all the scent that's being claimed out there. So so good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely so it's man made right, absolutely so dolorous by the way, and everyone Wisdom at Walk with Wisdom dot ca. Wisdom at Walk with Wisdom dot Ca. That's where you can get a hold of Bruce and I. We do one on one coaching. We're happy to do complimentary coaching on any of these products. A lot of people have been following the show Bruce, who are in the menopause menopause stage. But here's what's really interesting and Dolores, which I'm so excited to see. We have a lot of younger followers that are looking as to what they can do before And I think it started when Bruce talked about menopause, menopause, about all these chemicals that now were or realizing that's coming in. You take care of your gut, you take care of your liver, you go to the bathroom. It all helps all those symptoms dissipate or at least be less later on in life. At least that's our hope. So we have a lot of younger generation watching and learning from us to have an easier time. Dolores question on this and then maybe Bruce can jump in as well. How do we take charge of our health in this scenario? What are one or two things that we can do to decrease the chemical load.
Speaker 3: Well, you can actually take charge. I mean there's a lot of things we have no control over, Like we can't control what's happening out in the environment. But you know, there was a study that showed the home environment it's actually three to five times more polluted than the outside environment. And that's because the products we're using. So you're actually in charge of what you buy, right, So you don't have to buy products with you don't have to bring those into your home. You can take charge of that. So it might take a little bit of researching, but these products are there, they're available, and the biggest thing you can do is stop buying.
Speaker 4: Well, of course I am, yeah, I want to go a little more. I want to go a little further. Years ago, years and years ago, I was using a deodorant and I switched to their sports deodorant and my whole arm started burning and went bright red. And after that I've never used a non natural deodorant since. And just start small. If you're trying to just move into a healthy, healthier lifestyle, start small. Start with deodorant. There's lots of good natural deodorance. Now, with a natural deodorant, you have to switch it up every six months or so because the things that smelmutate and the deodorant will stop working, So you need to switch it up every once in a while. But still this soap, hand soap, the clothes soap. And if you want your house to smell nice, get essential oil. What are they called, Yeah, it's get essential oil diffuser. My wife has one going all the time in our house. It smells wonderonderful. And just with those five things, and the odorant that soap us on your body, the clothes soap, the dish soap, and the essential oil diffusure. You've changed hundreds and you've taken hundreds of chemicals out of your out of your home and off your body. So it's very simple. Start small. Just just start with a few things and keep keep adding to it.
Speaker 3: Right, that's really the vast way because they're expensive. You don't want to throw out what you have, but you just gradually make the changes and gradually improve the environment in your home and on your body. And I would start with my body because that's absorbing directly in so good good point.
Speaker 2: There absolutely Now, Dolores Dan, if you could please just put up Dolores's contact Dolores is available everyone, and that's what we love about my incredible guests who have come on. Dolores is available for consulting, et cetera. So her email address will be posted momentarily and if not now after the next break here it is like magic. I did that. So it's D Streness Bliss D S. T O R N E. S. S. Bliss at gmail dot com. And if you're listening and you didn't get that email, wisdom at Walk with Wisdom dot c A Wisdom at Walk with Wisdom dot c A. Dolores, I have to put you on this spot here for a moment, and so Bruce and I. I mentioned to Bruce that I love essentially loyals. His wife does. She has a diffuser going, Dolorus. Can we talk essential oils? Just an intro and when we come back, I would love for you to talk about a product that you have found and so so we can actually point people somewhere have it a little bit more more pinpointed for our listeners and viewers. Just so because you can google, so many things come up, so essential oils, Dolores. I learned about phenomenal essential oils from you. Can you in thirty seconds? We have about thirty seconds right now before we go on a break. Is there such a thing as organic versus non organic essential oils?
Speaker 3: Yes, there is. And the thing about essential oils at such a good point, they're not regulated, so there's all kinds of cheaper versions of es central oil, so you don't want to be careful. You want to get the organic. And the ones that I'm using come from a company that actually grow their own so they control the whole process from the seed to the seal, and everything is done organically and all sorts of testing and standards. It's amazing and so yes, that's so important is to get the quality.
Speaker 2: Fantastic everyone. We're going to take a break for or valued sponsors. We will be right back.
Speaker 1: Dot dot every thinking the going bo.
Speaker 2: Yet the thing dot Hi everyone, I'm Genevieve Wisdom and welcome back to Walk with Wisdom, a lifestyle show on youthful Aging. Today's show has been exciting. It's really put together things that I know you've all heard of about our endocrine system. Why it's important to consider what we're putting on our body in our environment because how it can affect us and those symptoms that we go through in menopause and Andrew pause or menopaus as I like to call it, or before Dolores, thank you so much for being with us. Bruce. You're incredible at taking putting everything together, taking the complicated, making it simple. Did you have any further questions for Dolores to leave someone? Yes, please go on one.
Speaker 4: So we've been talking about essential oils and we know they come from plants, but exactly what is an essential oil.
Speaker 3: The essential oil is really the life force of the plant. So in every plant there's these oils and it's how they're extracted that makes a huge difference. So they can be extracted with the chemicals heaccanes or which is putting more chemical into the plant, or they can be done in a very gentle steam distilled way, and that pulls out this life force of the plant. Really it's in the oil, and then we get the benefits of the oils. They actually go through our body and they go into the areas that are needed for healing and for change. So not only are they good in scent for the products we use, we can use them fractual healing purposes.
Speaker 4: So they're actually the oils within the plants that are removed to make an essential oil. And can you put it directly on your skin or does it be watered down?
Speaker 3: Some of them are if you're sensitive, you can put them on your skin. For sensitive skin, we usually recommend putting them with a carrier oil, and actually the carrier oil does allow them to stay longer on the skin, so it is actually recommended. But I use a lot of them. I never never do use the carrier oil, so.
Speaker 4: And quickly one the last thing I know, were running out of time. What carry oil do you recommend?
Speaker 3: There's different ones I use like jojoba, you can use grape seed, you can use avocado, you can use olive oil. So any healthy oil could be used as a carrier oil.
Speaker 4: Perfect. Back to you, Jed, Thank you Bruce.
Speaker 2: That was so awesome and very well said and the questions you asked. I use coconut oil because Bruce. And one day we'll tell everyone about our connection or background or bloodline. Can they're gonna think where brother and sister. We'll talk about that later. But where I'm from, we use coconut oil as a carrier oil for everything. So what I'll do, Dolores, you know, take a tablespoon of coconut oil, douse it with the organic essential oil and put it hair, skin, everywhere. Absolutely and sometimes I even cook with them. So we can talk about that another time. Again, everyone, thank you so much for joining in. If you want to talk to Dolores further, you can email her directly at Dstorness Bliss at gmail dot com or Wisdom at Walk with Wisdom dot ca. There you can also have Bruce and I were available for complimentary coaching so that you get to know us. This is what we do. Dolores, I know you're familiar with this as well. With your health food store. We help so many people who come in in a health food store capacity, in a natural health food environment, in an integrative pharmacy environment, and they need help with their skin, their gut, all the things that we've talked about, So we're more than happy to help and capable to do so. Of course, check with your primary care practitioner before you change anything major in your healthcare regiment. Now this leads us into something that is coming up on our show next week, and both Bruce and Dolores have heard me talk about it and a lot of my valued guest friends, family, and I think the audience. Now I have a line of organic skincare and Dolores, I'm so glad that you mentioned the difference between organic versus non organic, and it's called Revived twenty five. It's Revived twenty five skincare dot com. And a lot of these central oils that are put into skincare products aren't real. And Bruce and Dolores, we've just talked about the chemicals and how their endocrine disruptors, and so maybe dolors if you can talk a quick second, and then I'll have Bruce just you know, talk again about maybe xeno estrogen. Just mentioned that word because we can talk about that further next week. But having organic essential oils in the skincare what's the value of that versus just regular Like you mentioned, there are all these lavender scents and not enough lavender to make that much lader.
Speaker 3: Well, one of the things with organic is you're not going to be getting the pesticides, and pesticides as a great example of a chemical that can interrupt your endocrine system. But you're also getting the soil is not fertilized with synthetic fertilizers, so you're getting natural food so that the plants are actually growing naturally, drawing the nutrients that they need out of the soil, and therefore the quality is that much better.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Where is anything you wanted to add there?
Speaker 4: I did. I just wanted to recap what De Laura said about how they're made the less expensive essential oils. They actually use chemicals to pull the oils out. Now it seems backwards to do that, but you're actually getting more chemicals. When you're using a poor quality essential oil, and there's organic Sentual oils available in almost every vitamin store, it's worth going in spending extra money to get those as opposed to going to a big box store and spending very little to get Sentual oil. They won't be organic, they won't be a good quality member. Zeno Estrogens are thins that come from outside of the body and go in. They're not natural inside. We don't want to add to that when we're trying to we're trying to remove them. So get a good quality es Central oil. When you're going to go, get one, it's worth it. It's worth the money.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent. And again everyone this platform on Youthful Aging, we talk about health and beauty from the outside in. And you both know that when I was much younger, taller and thinner, I was in fashion. And that's why skincare is so important to me. By the way, both your skin look fantastic, and that's one of the things Bruce. When I met Dolores, she has this amazing skin. She I won't tell everyone how many decades young you are, Dolores, but everyone will be absolutely surprised. Dolores is practice, has practiced and is practicing what she preaches, and really that's one of the motivation. When I found out what was in our skincare, what I was eating through my skin, the xeno estrogens, and now coming up to menopause, I had to do something. So thank you all again for coming. We're talking about health and beauty from the outside in. There is a link on when you email Wisdom at walk with Wisdom dot Ca. For the nutraceuticals that Bruce and I have talked about. We've had Cido Matrix and DFH come on. That supports everything that Dolores has talked about. It helps deliver to take out these xeno estrogens. Bruce and I are going to actually start doing a little bit more training for everyone, Bruce, because everyone is asking about how we can cleanse, deliver, etc. Just little ten minute tips. We're going to start to do that in the next week or to everyone, so look out for that. Until then, I want to thank you all for coming. Look out for Revive twenty five skincare. We're going to talk about that next week. It's Interview the Interviewer week and thank you Bruce. Any last minute things you want to say to Dolores, we have about thirty seconds to wrap.
Speaker 4: No, just thanks for your time. It was very very interesting. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, fantastic, fantastic, Dolores. Thank you you look amazing. We've learned a lot. Everyone, d Soreness Bliss at gmail dot com or Wisdom at walkwi Wisdom dot Ca. Thank you so much for joining us today.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for having me. I appreciated it.
Speaker 1: This has been Walk with Wisdom with host Genevieve Wisdom. Tune in each week as Genevieve will present powerful guests who'll inspire you to make every step count, whether you're walking your dog, tackling your morning run, or enjoying a quiet moment with your headphones. Walk with Wisdom is your companion for redefining what it means to age powerfully and intentionally. Fridays, four pm Eastern on the Bold Brave TV Network, powered by B two Studios. Take the first step with us, because wisdom isn't about what you've left behind, It's about everything that lies ahead.