Speaker 1: Man, old man, that's sharp and clear. That's the absolute finest television.
Speaker 2: Set I ever it is.
Speaker 3: Well, now, wait a minute, how you know that as you find television, said Andy, You ain't even got the.
Speaker 4: Thing turned on.
Speaker 2: Don't need to turn the set on, you know, just got the main plate.
Speaker 4: CBS. Oh, CBS. Yeah, that makes the greatest sight unseen. Oh. CBS.
Speaker 3: Columbia, makers of America's most advanced radio television receivers present transcribed to amoson Andy Show written by Joe Connolly and Bob Moser, featuring Amanda Randolph, Ernestine Wade, Johnny Lee, Amos Rees, Gus Bays, lud Gluskin's music Yours Truly, Harlow Wilcock, and starring radios all time favorite Ramond Goston and Parrell. The Kingfish and his wife, Sapphire and her mother planned on spending a month's vacation in Mama's cottage up in the country. The Kingfish has just been up to look the place over after the winter and has just returned with bad news.
Speaker 4: Yes, this you said, George.
Speaker 5: They had a flood of where.
Speaker 3: Our cabin is flood I'll say there was when I got there. The Coase guard was draining out the cabin. They had a build bumped down the chimney.
Speaker 4: Lastly, little Chartie in the cur years ago, I spent my honeymoon up there.
Speaker 3: Well, unless you was a romantic barracouter inexactly the idea.
Speaker 4: Honeymoon's fight no more, George stopped this fooling.
Speaker 5: Is there any danceness in the house.
Speaker 4: Oh there was a little in the living room, a little room.
Speaker 3: How much about ten feet?
Speaker 4: But the water done receded.
Speaker 5: Well, there's the floor's dried out.
Speaker 3: That's hard to tell the honey you see when the flood.
Speaker 4: Receded, Uh, it receded the floor with it, That's what happened.
Speaker 5: Well, we ain't got the money to fix it up. I guess we'll just have to give up any part of a vacation right now.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe we could rent it out of somebody.
Speaker 4: Oh, don't be silly. Only a food would want a place like that that You shouldn't have no trouble.
Speaker 5: Let me take one to no one Mile's right, George. You know the thing we are to do is put an avenue ication. Come on, Mama, we'll go in and call him up.
Speaker 4: Trying to run that flooded cottage. This ain't gonna be easy. It would take a fish to live up there. A fish. Uh they wait a minute, shall I think? I know?
Speaker 3: It's just a big fat, pooped out porpoise to occupy that aquarium too. Just keep walking and there the cartage is just over this next nose, down in the little valley. Lovely location. Then they're situated right between the disappointment.
Speaker 4: Noles and gutted glens. The beautiful about that?
Speaker 1: Well, lesson, kings fig. I don't know why I should be taking the vacation this time of the year.
Speaker 4: Oh look, and there I worried about you.
Speaker 3: You spend the whole winner down here in the city breathing this up knoxious air.
Speaker 2: Well you mean the air up here is better.
Speaker 3: Or certa of the and in the city of the air is one part hydrogen and two parts carbon peroxides.
Speaker 4: There's only one way that you can get pure ad and this ender. And I don't think you want to spend your vacation and no oxygen tent, do you. Well?
Speaker 1: Maybe he was right, Kingfish, but uh tell me something is the water in the lake down there been rising lately rising?
Speaker 4: We't make you say that.
Speaker 2: Well, that show looks to me like there was a flood up here.
Speaker 3: And well I hear he is Andrew right here here he is. Well look at that, there is your dream cottage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to uh wait a minute, king Bridge. If the water don't rise around here, how come the house is up in the air on six foot filons.
Speaker 4: Uh venal lation.
Speaker 3: And there under the house they got what you call a breezeway.
Speaker 4: Now come on, Andy left, climb and stuff there and take a look at your beautiful mansion. Boy. Yeah, well okay, uh.
Speaker 3: Now follow me across the port. Then then watch the loose boards. Then uh here and there I tell you when you move in, uh uh say and uh uh that's funny. He was here a minute ago and they.
Speaker 4: And the whereas you.
Speaker 2: I was down here in the breeze waite kings fix.
Speaker 3: Just hain't no time to play games. Come on out of there. Yeah, give me your hand here. Let's stand on that rock down there.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's say up for it all right there you yeah, holy micro kings fig. I went right through the porch.
Speaker 3: Well, like any place, the boys need a little tight enough, you know, come more or less go in the door.
Speaker 4: Here door, and he's a little tightening too it step over the thing down the Uh just leave it down the floor.
Speaker 3: Now here we are, Uh look the living room over there and there see there, and nice new floors are put in you.
Speaker 1: Well, lessen kings fis this is all just one big room. How you get firerooms out of this way?
Speaker 4: Well, like all summer places.
Speaker 3: And he just draws a curtain and see doors the curtain like this, and there you is. On this side of the curtain you got a bedroom, and on the other side you got a nice eight by four living room.
Speaker 1: That don't give me much of a living room. Suppose I want to have a big house woman party. I got about thirty or forty friends I'd like to have up. How's I going to entertain them all of that a little bitty living room?
Speaker 3: Well, you can stager a guess you like to do at the airport? Have him circle around outside.
Speaker 4: Tell you was ready for him to come in and make a landing at the punch bowls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well all right, tell me something. What is this curtain here?
Speaker 3: Well, if you'ren't a dinner party and you just pulled this across like this, you see and there's a dining room.
Speaker 2: But I don't know about this place, Kingfish, with the curtains and everything.
Speaker 3: Now, look, and I admit the thing. He's a little fixing up. But you can have the players for the whole summer for just two hundred bucks. Well you say, boy, well I ain't.
Speaker 4: Oh great bargainer.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a deal, Kingfish, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Fine, And now let's go back to this and then we'll sign the ironbound contract.
Speaker 4: There you go ahead and there, and we'll follow you on the posh all right behind him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's go. Thanks, Kingfish. I was gonna uh uh i uh, well that's funny.
Speaker 2: I thought the Kingfisher was following me.
Speaker 4: Hey, Kingfish, Kingfish, where is it down here?
Speaker 6: Hand it?
Speaker 4: Just stop down to inspect the breeze wave.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 4: You heard the break. I'm just glad I got that cottage running down down. Let me get in the apartment here and tell stuff. Fardy s home. Got some good news.
Speaker 5: Well, well, I got wonderful news for you today, George. We got an answer to I ad and I rented the cottage today to a mister Walston Jackson for one hundred dollars. He's moving in there at night.
Speaker 3: Uh honey, wait a minute, this is the other the myth. I done run it the cottage to end it, and he moving in there leave tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh you ain't George.
Speaker 4: All this awful.
Speaker 5: Mister Jackson is a very nervous man. He said as soon as he got there, he was gonna go right to bed. Oh I wonder what will happen?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, but I got the idea there's gonna be more screaming and young enough, dad than the time that Grandma was flapping the hogs and fell.
Speaker 4: Into the pig waller. Hello there, this is Freeman Gosden.
Speaker 3: Tonight's Amus Nandy Show is a little special because it marks the start of our second six months of sponsorship by CBS Columbia. And this is a good time to tell you about something my partner, Charles Carrell, and I have talked about a number of times, and it is this.
Speaker 4: It's really a pleasure to be selling.
Speaker 3: A top notch product like CBS Television sets that CBS Columbia people build a true fine television receiver and we just come right.
Speaker 4: Out and tell you so without any ifs, hands or butts.
Speaker 3: It makes us feel good to know that when you go down to your dealers and see the fine picture on a CBS set, when you hear the three hundred and sixty full fidelity sound, and when you try CBS sweep tuning, you'll discover what we have said about CBS television sets is not exaggerated at all. These CBS sets are exceptional sets, and each one represents solid value.
Speaker 4: Of course, there's a mighty good reason for it.
Speaker 3: CBS Columbia is the set manufacturing division of the Columbia Broadcasting System.
Speaker 4: The greatest name in home entertainment.
Speaker 2: Show is dark in this cottage.
Speaker 1: Well, I got my night shirt on here in the washing area.
Speaker 4: Too bad.
Speaker 1: I fell down that breezeway and busted my kerosene lamp. Yeah, I feel my way across the living room here.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 1: King fish wants to pull all the curtains our headway as he has. Here's the bad Yeah, let me sit down on the edge of us. Oh me cause I tired?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I has really exhausted.
Speaker 4: How do you like that?
Speaker 2: I really must be tired. I ain't asleep, but I have snorn already.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Well, let me lay down, pulled the colors up around me here? Oh, Oh, this is one of them short beds. My feet's is sticking out of the bottom. Yeah, there is.
Speaker 2: There's my foot with the corn plaster on it. There's my foot with the busted toe, and there's my foot with the sock on it. That holy smoke. I must be tired than I thought I was. From here, it looks like I got three feet. I wonder what I'm.
Speaker 1: And I'm storing again, and I ain't asleep. He wait minute, there seems to be something here on the next pillar. Oh, there's something wrong here, cause I know I ain't got two heads. Oh me, I must be so tired. I have an hallucinations. And I'm gonna make the final test. I'm gonna reach down here and pinch my foot with the sock on it.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Oh holy now, I pinched my foot on the other head.
Speaker 4: Set out.
Speaker 2: I'm getting out of here.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, who's here in this room?
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody here, mister us all alone? Wait a minute, out of my way, Help, let me out of here.
Speaker 2: Help help, yah amos. And that's the whole story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a terrible thing. And they find another man in your bed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was a mess. He run out the back way and I run out the front way?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, how did you get that bunk on your head?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Oh well that uh, on the way out, I slipped on a dead fish and landed in the breezeway.
Speaker 4: Again, you said that you ain't got no idea who this man was founding dead?
Speaker 1: No, when the Kingfish running me the place, he didn't say nothing about no other man.
Speaker 4: I'm beginning to see here. You rented the pleas from the kings hea. Huh? Yeah, did you ever stop to think that the king fish might have rented this please to one other fella?
Speaker 1: Well, now, why would the kingfish want to do that? After all, in the past, way has always been buddy. I mean, he never tried to jyp me. I mean he ain't never tried to pull notes. Uh, I mean, uh, holy Macrolamos, he's done it again.
Speaker 4: You know, if I was you outd get.
Speaker 3: Hold of that king piece right away and straighten this nonsense out.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, I'm gonna call him up right away. Say, by the way, Amos, could any of your kids use the turtle? I found this in the pocket of my nighty when I got out of the breezeway.
Speaker 3: Now, taking these and there ain't no citizens hollering me on the telephone. Yeah, well the whole thing was a mistake. No, you can't have your money back.
Speaker 4: I worked the thing. Oh just give me time, man, I knew all right already. I'll call you back later. Goodbye. Oh me, what a mess. I rent the players and the Stapphire, rent the mister Jacksons. One of them has gotta go. I uh well, if it is now.
Speaker 3: Donkuin Jack Calhoun hid the King's vins.
Speaker 4: Come on in here? What brings you over here? Gonuin?
Speaker 7: No, I was over making a political speed in the park.
Speaker 4: Over making a political speed. Oh making a.
Speaker 7: Speech, John, I'll say, I climbed up on my soap boxing, made the greatest speech of my career. I stood on that soap boxing. I said, ladies and gentlemen, A it's the clean governments. We must wash our hands of vice and corruption. The time has come to scrubb away the stigma of bribery. So base, I will sells and democracy head feeder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, did you get many votes? No, but I shoold a lot of soap.
Speaker 3: Well I got a different fibrom uh, gonky, Look here, I learned a vacation cottage up in the Catskill Mountains and there, and my wife doesn't run it to a mister Jackson. And last night they both discovered each other up there in the place at the same time.
Speaker 7: Oh that's a nasty business, King Fish, a nasted business.
Speaker 4: Somebody got to go. Well, now, I'll tell you what I want to do.
Speaker 3: I want key Band up there because he paying me two hundred dollars. He's a two hundred dollar man. But I want to unrun it from Jackson. Course, he only paying me one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: He's the idea that he be halfway.
Speaker 7: Well, the thing to do is, it's the scaredest fellow Jackson out of there.
Speaker 4: Skill.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know, that's pretty wild country up there and the cat Skills, and you can make him think it's too dangerous to live up there.
Speaker 4: Tell him that.
Speaker 7: There's some wild animals or something in the woods.
Speaker 4: Oh there's a great idea of Calhoun. Yeah, yeah, telling the animals. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll tell Andy the truth about this and get him to go up there and help me scare the feller Jackson out. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, when it comes to your vacation, I hope you don't have no trouble like this. Cow Oh, I ain't gonna have no trouble. I done the same things ever.
Speaker 7: Summer whatever Sundown goes out to Cony Island and rides the biggest roller coat today.
Speaker 4: Go yeah, well, don't you just scare it on that roller coaster cat Stairs, King Fish.
Speaker 7: When it goes down on that first tip, I've freezeoutand louds. But the time it hits the bottom, I was blubbering like a bee. Mean the riders over. It takes two men's to get me out the car. Oh, Kingfish, I has a whippering, blubbering mess. I have to spend three days in back beforets I was well enough to go back and then ride that thing again on the next Sunday.
Speaker 3: Hold on smst cowing. If the roller course to make you that sick, why do you keep going on it?
Speaker 4: Now? I got a free pad.
Speaker 3: The crowning glory of any TV set is its sound system. No matter how good a picture you get, you can enjoy a show thoroughly unless the sound is sparkling clear. In the field of television sound, CBS sets stand alone with their famous three hundred and sixty full fidelity sound system the very same system that has received worldwide acclaim in high five phonographs. As you probably know, three hundred and sixty sound uses two speakers, But let me point out that the number of speakers is by no means the whole story. In the CBS three hundred and sixty system, these two speakers are especially matched and specially designed with deep cones and heavy voice coil magnets. They are powered by a specially designed amplifier that handles a wide range of sound without distortion. These speakers face in opposite directions so that sound reaches you from all around the whole room plays.
Speaker 4: And here's something else that's my important.
Speaker 3: Not only does the three hundred and sixties system sound better than anything else you've ever heard in television, but you'll be conscious of an improvement in picture quality too. And that's not just a claim, it's a fact proved in a recent psychological test. For a new experience in TV, go on down to your dealers in see and here a CBS television set. Twenty one inch models start at one hundred and forty nine ninety five.
Speaker 5: Well, mister Jackson, it was nice of you to phone me, and I'm awfully sorry to hear you had all this travel.
Speaker 6: Yes, Missus Stevens, I'm phoning you from the hardware store in the village near the cottage. After what happened last night, I came down here to the hardware store and bought myself for Colin.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sure when my husband gets there tonight, he he's fighting the whole thing out.
Speaker 2: Show. It's dark up here at Bristledel the night entered Kingsley.
Speaker 4: Well, now and there here's the cottage. Now, listen to this. I going in and talked to missus Jackson, like I told you I was gonna do. Now, you know what you're gonna do to help me scale them away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm gonna hide in the bushes and pull this string with the rozin on her through this big tin can like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good and the good. Now that really sounded like a mountain lion already. Yeah, oh that really order scam. Now, get over in the bushes there. And when I gets in the cottage, and I was there for about two three minutes, Yeah, you make a noise like a mountain lion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, uh said tell me something. Uh each show we're doing the right thing here. Kingsley couldn't backfire.
Speaker 4: Nothing could have oh cools not?
Speaker 1: And yeah, well I hope this stringing can don't make no noise like a female mountain lion because of.
Speaker 2: A male mountain lion heard a thing and come around. I sure hate to see his expression when he found out I was just a tin can.
Speaker 3: I well, never mind that, and then I'll tell you what you get on over there in the woods. And I going in there talk to mister Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, I'll be going over there.
Speaker 3: I see Ms Jackson got his lads turned on.
Speaker 4: He must be in all right.
Speaker 3: I'd better knock on the bias here. I don't want to go through that breezeway again. I shouldn't have too much trouble.
Speaker 4: With this fella. Yes, yes, what is it? Don't be alarm miss Jackson.
Speaker 3: I ain't no wild peace from out of the woods as only your landlord.
Speaker 6: Oh you must see, mister Stevens, won't you come in?
Speaker 3: Uh just dropped in to see if you was comfortable up here in this lonely desolate spot. Well, I was telling your wife I had quite an experience last night and woke.
Speaker 6: Up in the middle of the night and there was this man in my bed.
Speaker 4: You don't mean to tell me, well, you gotta break anywhere. Least she wasn't sharing the covers with a coyote or something like that.
Speaker 6: It was a frightening experience.
Speaker 3: Well, just being such a wild part of the woods, almost anything could happen, you see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tell you, good heavens. What was that that?
Speaker 3: Oh that was just one of them man eating ferocious mountain lions and sell m. I was like, it's pretty hungry to night doing it.
Speaker 6: You mean their mountains lines up here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the woods is full of them. Uh.
Speaker 3: I ran into place last year till a man and woman with eight kids, and he took my advice and he counted them every morning before breakfast. The second week he started coming up hy who as I reduced to rant.
Speaker 4: As to seize more one you see, hm, not like you ready for a blue plate dinner the nights on it.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm fightenly glad I'm prepared for something like this.
Speaker 4: Oh preparing. Yes.
Speaker 6: After that little episode with that power last night, I went into town and bought myself a gun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm glad you you said about a gun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sturdy caliber with a telescopic sight.
Speaker 4: I'll go and get it. I'll fix that amount. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, while you gone, I'll go out on the porch to see why I'm scared of Mountain lying away.
Speaker 4: Mountain Lion, Mountain Lion. I'll be fool and lesson.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: There's a man coming out killing a gun. Cut the caliber, Remonson, beat it, mount Line, beat it. I got my gun.
Speaker 3: Well it's too late, mister Jackson.
Speaker 4: He done gone off in the woods. Wait a minute, I see it between the trees. Maybe I can get a shock. Oh you must have see uh something wrong with her? Oh?
Speaker 7: I know I'm nervous, but I could have sworn that Mountain Line had on a dragon.
Speaker 4: Stephen. I don't know what's going on here, but I'm moving out. I want my money back. Well I saw the most. Uh. You can move out if you want to, but I ain't giving you your money back. Look, are you trying to jip me here? No? I can't help it. If you scared move it out on your own violation. You can't get no money back from me. Uh, what was that? I was just cocking the gun here.
Speaker 3: That wasn't a hundred dollars even wasn't a messaga, Yah.
Speaker 5: Stevens, I ain't gonna spend my vacation up there in Dismaldell and that's that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But we got a honey, mister Jackson done moved out and after the shooting, and they won't have no part of the players.
Speaker 4: He demanded his money back.
Speaker 5: Well, I ain't going to no place that's liable to be flooded.
Speaker 3: Now look south far, look here a couple of days of sunshine, and the players will be his dias to it.
Speaker 4: There, rainy seasons over. I guarantee you that ain't gonna rein no more.
Speaker 5: Well, all right, George, Oh good, I guarantee you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hope you're right.
Speaker 5: Because we ain't got no money to go no place else. I guess we'll just have to make the best of that cottage. But let me warn you, George, you know what daptness will do to mama's lumbago. And if anything happens as far as this vacation, I'll never forgive you the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Oh good morning, South Fire, all on your mama still sleeping behind the other curtain. That's so I brung your breakfast into you. Had you see the first night at good old dismaldell George, I.
Speaker 5: Was just looking out the window. Year it's raining.
Speaker 4: Oh no, honey, just a little flight spring drizzle we call it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Look, George Stephens, you don't think there's gonna be another flood, dude?
Speaker 4: Oh no, honey.
Speaker 3: You read in the newspaper the flood season is over. Oh we was a good mile from the lake. And anyway, the house is on six foot piling. No water can come in here this time of year.
Speaker 5: Well all right, George, Oh say you forgot the coffee there?
Speaker 3: I was waiting for the milk. I'll go out on the porch and seevers come in here. Oh yeah, it's a hold in macro tough. Ho Look what's floating in the front door?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: And what are you doing to that poor old TV? He said, trying to wreck it?
Speaker 2: No, sir, I is unreckoning.
Speaker 1: I is creating the greatest contribution ever made to the ancient art of tuning in a TV set.
Speaker 4: Eh. Well, that's nice. Any tell me about it?
Speaker 1: Well, you know the nuisance the way you always had a tune a TV set, all them pudd the little dials with the squinty little numbers, all that bending down and reaching around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy has gone with my new system.
Speaker 1: The channel numbers is big and easy reading, and they have spread out clean across the front of the set, and under the numbers there's just this one handy little knob. Then when he wants to switch from channel four to channel two, you just wish that knob across and there you is.
Speaker 2: Where is that you is locked in tune for good?
Speaker 4: That's where you is?
Speaker 3: Well, Amy, There's just one thing about this invention of yours. He has already been invented by the CBS Columbia people.
Speaker 4: They calls it sweep tuning.
Speaker 1: You mean to say that CBS Columbia is going to beat me to draw? They already got this quickest handiest station selector ever invented.
Speaker 4: He sure has.
Speaker 3: That's the sweep tuning everybody's been talking about. What's more, you can get sweep tuning in a twenty one inch CBS TV set for only one hundred and forty nine dollars and ninety five cents. Hey, why are you going there?
Speaker 1: And I gotta get them a dealer before he sold out of them CBS sweep tuning cents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait a minute, here, take your old set along with you. Get yourself a real nice trade in.
Speaker 3: Well, folks would like to say good night for our sponsors, CBS Columbia, manufacturers of America's most advanced radio and television receivers.
Speaker 4: Thank you and good night.
Speaker 2: See you next Sunday.
Speaker 3: He showed to be with us at the same time next Sunday for the Amasonandi Show, Transcribed and directed by Cliff Powell. Tonight's program was brought to you by CBS Columbia Manufacturers are full fidelity television receivers, and for a real treat in TV entertainment, tune in Life with Father, presented every week by CBS Columbia over the CBS Television Network.
Speaker 4: See your paper for time and stations. Now, stay tuned for
Speaker 3: Armist Brooks, which follows immediately over most of these same radio stations.