Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up. That's who you don't have to run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino. Here today is car Friday. I'll bring up the experts in the studio in one second year we're talking, yes, what.
Speaker 3: Not hear your voice? Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought maybe there was a technical difficulty. You were gonna say, Tommy boy, you're over undermodulated, or I can't hear your breaking Okay, Well good Mark.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Mark what I call my.
Speaker 4: Godsend, because when I don't feel like doing it, I just I know I got a copilot here, and I'm also I got the experts.
Speaker 3: In and says too.
Speaker 4: Ah and and I have the experts always available for my car day. And then my deputies who have been with me very strongly. And I almost called Dimetria and said, hey, d come on over to the house today, you know, or Doc come on over to the house. But I wasn't sure I'm going to do the whole show. But anyway, let's talk about this today's car Day. Let me bring in the studio here. As you can see, there's Deputy d Deputy Doc Kevin Coulkin and Major Mark Major. And today I have some fun I want to do with Car Day, and I want to classify cars. I want to classify them like the most romantic car, the sexiest car, the most luxurious car, the immature car, the sensible car.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I think.
Speaker 4: The most luxurious car is Rolls Royce. I mean, I don't think there's a and the bent LEAs. You know that English kind of motif, you know that. Man, those those freaking Rolls Royces. They take my breath away. And I'm not excited about cars, but if I had one, I would be afraid to drive it.
Speaker 3: I had a Bentley one time. It was pretty nice, back when.
Speaker 4: The Bentleys were Bentley's before they became mass produced. And I liked it, but I was afraid to drive it. Had this fancy interior and all this stuff, and I was just afraid of it.
Speaker 5: And and you were the same. You were the same way with that Ferrari you had. You had that Ferrari for like two years and put.
Speaker 3: Eight miles on it. I know, you know what. I went through some really stupid times with cars. I really did. I don't understand why that's stupid. Why is that stupid?
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I'm talking about. Totally impractical. I had to wait a second hold on Kevin.
Speaker 5: Mister Kevin, that probably owns more smokers and barbecue grills than I do. How impractical is that?
Speaker 6: Well, no, they're all for something, I mean. But yeah, okay, I mean that's a once in a month drive. Yep.
Speaker 4: So wait, I want to know something though, Kevin. Are you a big outdoor cooker?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, love it, love it, love it?
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 7: Yea?
Speaker 4: Now, Mark, you know, one of the biggest ones I ever knew was Buddy Mitchell from Simply Floors. And that guy is crazy with outdoor cooking. He's got the portable pizza oven and he's got all these outdoor cookers. Yeah, and then I use go ahead. No, he's a little naughty for sure. Yeah, and Mark loves outdoor cooking. I never got into it. Here's my problem with outdoor cooking. Oh and Memorial Days coming up. So this is this is the big big, this is the big kickoff of outdoor cooking. I can never Okay, I don't use it. Maybe I should use a meat thermometer, but I can never really judge extra rare, rare, medium, medium.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't do it.
Speaker 4: I want whenever I whenever I eat at Marks and he does it. He slaps it on and I don't see him use a meat thermometer and it comes out perfectly.
Speaker 3: I try. What I do is cut a little sliver in the meat and look at it. Do you do that, Kevin? Or do you pretty much know?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, you got it. You get used to it.
Speaker 5: You can, you can stakes easy, depending on you know. The only thing really it's a little tougher, but either a meat thermometer like you're talking about, but generally you just touch it and.
Speaker 6: Just you learn it feel exactly.
Speaker 3: You can feel by the but you can tell by the feel.
Speaker 5: And barbecue you just hear from you know, from your time when you're smoking something. You know from your equipment because you know basically what the temp is and then the time and then the look at the bark yep and Tom.
Speaker 3: Now here's what I want to know.
Speaker 8: You have a lot of you know, wireless meat thermometers. Now that make it real easy. Yeah, big time.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, you mean it broadcasts to your phone?
Speaker 5: Yea, absolutely, I'll use those for any smoking I do over say seven eight hours, so anything but ribs. If I'm doing a huge brisket, it's going to have a probe in it.
Speaker 3: Mark, how many different cookers do you have? Which gull?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately Suzanne made me throw a a crapload of them away, so I am down to why actually I'm down to three. I got what's called a medium green egg. I have a beautiful smoker made by members Mark, and then a propane grill made by members Mark.
Speaker 3: But it's the beautiful smoker too.
Speaker 5: It's a big, beautiful smoker, just like a big beautiful bill that just passed the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big beautiful.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 5: I was gonna tell you I owned Suzanne, and I owned one of the most romantic vehicles.
Speaker 3: Ever fifty seven Chevy convertible.
Speaker 5: No, no, it was a two thousand and four. We bought a brand new when we had Mountain Peak computers, two thousand and four E one fifty CONVERTI van and it had a fold down back chair that turned into a bed.
Speaker 3: And if that van was a knocking no, damn it, I said it wrong. It's rocking. Don't come and knock backing, Thomas, did we lose him, shan him? Is that possible? We just lost him? I wonder if I mean, my goodness, he must have dropped off. That's crazy. Yeah, we'll try to get him back out talking on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Well maybe so, Tom, you lost your connection here bro anyhow three oh three seven one three eight two five five, what would you consider the most romantic?
Speaker 3: Kevin? And we want to hear from everybody out there.
Speaker 5: It's card day three zero three seven one three eight two five five. We have open lines right now. I don't know what's going on with Tom. I'm sure we'll get him reconnected. But seriously, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean they're like you said, the shagwagon or yeah, but you know, like a big front seat where you can sit next of each other.
Speaker 3: Oh back, like in the driving days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that kind of thing instead of buckets or a center console or something.
Speaker 5: I think my kids are probably the last generation that have been to a drive in, And they were pretty young, and we were out in like, uh, Wisconsin, little town, chittech and they still had.
Speaker 3: The full blown drive in. Yeah, you would get out.
Speaker 5: You could either hang the thing on the side of your window or tune in on the FM transmitter and then they had you know, the popcorn, and they literally had an arcade behind the screen as well. But I don't think my kids will see it again, I mean ever. But but two movies too, Oh yeah, yeah, you see two movies. I remember too. We used to sneak people in in the cars in the trunk, doc. What do you think most romantic vehicle? I don't know romantic.
Speaker 8: I thought fifty seven Chevy convertible was so cool and so romantic at the time.
Speaker 3: Why romantic? I think using that Christine.
Speaker 6: I don't know know Christine was like a fifty It was ALM five or something plenty.
Speaker 1: A lot.
Speaker 5: You know what I saw on the way to work today, I saw like a oh dang it now I can't even think about I can't even remember what it's called. But I couldn't believe it was still on the road. It wasn't like a classic. It was like a nineteen seventy something. I'll remember it. What do you think most romantic h I have to.
Speaker 10: Go look at my old high school days. But I had a girlfriend who had a Triumph Spitfire. Yeah, and that was really awesome.
Speaker 3: It was a great makeout car, or like a little MG Midget well, same thing, say just about like or a Tiger Sunbeam Tiger.
Speaker 10: Remember what Maxwell Smart drove? So those are really really nice.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember it was either last week or the week before the guy called up and he was talking about what convertible to buy he wanted. He was like in his seventies and he wanted a new convertible to buy, and he wanted a US one afford or of Chevy. And we were talking Mustangs, we were talking all these different cars. I got so many emails on that, you know what. I got to look up, but three or four of them said the exact same thing, and it was not a US car. They're like, don't buy don't buy one. Hey, what happened, Thomas? Let me guess you do you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you something. I I did touch something. Okay, he hit that big tower button. I did touch something and it and it went wanked out. That's my new word, wanker nice?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: Hey? Is Shannon is Winker allowed on the air? Of course you've been allowed on the air for a long time.
Speaker 4: Snap, all right, So listen, when you were talking about your van vans are sleazy vehicles.
Speaker 3: This thing was bad of Bomber's sexual assault everything. I didn't I didn't black out the windows. Hey, we've all seen some vans driving around where you know there is someone being held hostage inside.
Speaker 4: What's the most immatured vehicle? Immature like it shows someone as immature.
Speaker 10: I think a beetle, No question of Portia, any Lamborghinio, Oh.
Speaker 3: Get at it, that's a total car.
Speaker 4: What's the most sensible vehicle? What's the most sensible vehicle.
Speaker 5: The most sensible or a you know, a Hondai accent.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, Toyotas are the Toyota Corolla, the most sensible car made.
Speaker 5: That's such a weird more sensible because the first thing I thought of is fuel. I'm thinking, is sensible electric or sensible gasoline or.
Speaker 3: A hybrid like a priest or something like that.
Speaker 4: I think the sexiest I think the sexiest vehicle is a Lamborghini.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'd say I liked at h V sixteen or dual engine V eight Bagotti insane.
Speaker 6: Quite a few are cool.
Speaker 4: And then, as we've always talked about and never have come up with anyone, the most sensible all around vehicle for every purpose, if you only had to have one vehicle, you know what Mine used.
Speaker 3: To be the Chevy Avalanche. The Avalanche. Boy, you love that vehicle.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what, if they made them, I'd get one right now and sex it up. I love it. I would put all kinds of fancy stuff on it. They don't make them, and you know doesn't they Everyone has a version of that kind of like But.
Speaker 3: Why did they do away with the Avalanche. That is the thing. I do not understand it to be a sales deal up Mark Schamansky real quick.
Speaker 4: Mark's on for his spot, but I want to ask him something, Mark, what would you say is the best all around vehicle if.
Speaker 3: You could only have if you could only have one.
Speaker 5: And he's a contractor, that's actually a good question for him.
Speaker 11: Well, oh again for me, it's a pickup truck.
Speaker 3: But I tell you what my family is all about.
Speaker 12: Rat hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like that's like an avalanche.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that like an avalanche?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: It's like it's an suv, a mid size suv.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I thought I had doesn't hand to make one with a little pickup They used to Okay, Sogline pickup.
Speaker 3: Do they still have the ridgeline, right, yeah, it's still in the market.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Matt, Matt Stafford drives on.
Speaker 5: Oh he does. Yeah, and you bought it pretty recently. You're right, man?
Speaker 13: Yea.
Speaker 4: Mark Schamansky, Hey, you know he's doing Mark Schamansky.
Speaker 3: Hey, what do you think is the sexiest? Go ahead? No, no, no, go ahead.
Speaker 14: I love the duke looking corvettes.
Speaker 3: I just think there.
Speaker 13: I think they're awesome.
Speaker 3: What about the most luxurious car?
Speaker 12: I guess maybe y U.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I think Cadillacs are pretty damn good too. They really are, all right.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of Mark, we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna take it. We're gonna take a quick break. Mark, we'll be right back with us right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, Tom Mars you know here three all three seven one three tall car Friday. We're talking cars, We're talking anything you want. Let's talk to Samantha. She's got an overheating issue, I believe with a twenty seventeen jeep Wrangler.
Speaker 3: Samantha, she just dropped off. Apologies, Oh she did.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, Samantha, call us back if you want. Hey, but while we're talking about it, let's ask Kevin, what's the main reason for overheating?
Speaker 3: I mean, on all vehicles, what's the main reason?
Speaker 6: Usually, uh, leaked is the biggest one. Uh, you know, to words, So they're actually.
Speaker 3: Low on fluid. Correct? What about thermostats? Do they screw up a lot?
Speaker 6: Well, they do, but most of them are fail safe. Now where they'll stop or get stuck open, they won't stick closed.
Speaker 3: Then you just won't have heat, won't heat, it won't overheat. Correct.
Speaker 6: That's the majority of the new Okay, yeah, so that's not a big deal. But airflow through radiators fans different things, but the biggest is leaks.
Speaker 5: And radiators really don't I mean back in the day, and I mean even early two thousands, they weren't made out of like plastics, so.
Speaker 6: They were solid. Get bad, yeah they could.
Speaker 3: And now I mean pretty much unless you get a hole in it, can.
Speaker 6: Something happen to interiorate because the plastic polymers and stuff break down with heat over time, so they're only good for about six to ten years. Oh okay, so then the plastic seals start letting go, but you.
Speaker 3: Don't rot them out anymore.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, he's from them away. There's nothing effects.
Speaker 3: Yep, now I know they make go ahead, Ken say.
Speaker 6: The leaks also introduce air into a sealed system, and the system can't pomp or move air, so you start getting air pockets and blockages and stuff and air blockets, which doesn't make sense, but they can't move the air, so it just backs up.
Speaker 4: Now I hear that coolant is overlooked like they people don't flush.
Speaker 3: It or service it like they do oil.
Speaker 6: You agree, absolutely, but it's it's the advertising. They tell you have lifetime anti freezer. It's good for five years or one hundred thousand miles, and you know, it's just nonsense. Everybody's trying to say.
Speaker 3: Kevin doesn't like. Yeah, Kevin does not like lifetime anything.
Speaker 6: No, there is no such thing, you know, because lifetime. Everybody has a different definition of lifetime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's silly. Now what is somebody wants to know? They texted me, by the way, let me give that number out because I love this text number. By the way, even when I'm off the air, I get the text and I can use them on the show. Seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. Well, somebody wants to know. What would you say that they're looking for one?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: keV the best all around work vehicle, work vehicle, and I think he means a pickup because he put PU PU work vehicle, pickup work vehicle. I'm sure that means. So what would you say? Do you like what's broken run out there? The Tacoma huh? The Tacoma Toyota, Okay, that's the best. What about the Tundra Tundra tote?
Speaker 6: Yeah, any one of those is fine.
Speaker 3: Do they really beat the hell out of Ford and Chevy and Dodge? Yes, not even.
Speaker 4: In what regard In what regards you say that Ford and.
Speaker 6: Chevy, you're both having a lot of issues with transmissions right now. The ten speed is a disaster.
Speaker 3: We had a call on it yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a chronic, chronic problem.
Speaker 3: Uh is that an Allison.
Speaker 6: No, the Allison's in the diesel. The ten speed's in the gas motor. But uh, yeah, it's just it's both Ford and Chevy both have a ten speed, different manufacturer, but they're both having.
Speaker 4: Trus Okay, so all right, So what about Dodge trucks. We don't hear much about them anymore.
Speaker 6: They're pretty, but that's sense as far as it goes. They have engine problems, cam chef problems. You know, the three big big ones are all having engine and transmission problems.
Speaker 4: Now, one guy just texted me, I don't know if he's lying, just now that his Tundra has almost five hundred thousand miles.
Speaker 3: Is that possible?
Speaker 6: I believe it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god. What is it about them?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Okay? Other than the transmission?
Speaker 4: Is the engine so tight that it doesn't become a leak bucket?
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't. We don't do a lot of work on him, very little.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: People call it it's a joke. They call it the Toyota tax. Because you pay extra for Toyota, but you're getting you know, you get your money's worth. Out of those you can afford one, that's the first one I would or the only truck I'd really recommend.
Speaker 4: Now, speaking of Toyota, Deputy D sitting there, Deputy D loves don't you love Toyota's Deputy D.
Speaker 10: I love it, you know, I have my beloved for Runner, and man, it's been the most reliable, nicest vehicle I've ever owned. And it's got well over it's got a little over two hundred thousand miles on it and still runs like new.
Speaker 5: I heard those have little uh in the computer thing. They track everything you do and say in the action that.
Speaker 3: Don't ever tell him that you're.
Speaker 5: On a live television You're on a live reality show in Japan.
Speaker 3: Every time you get in that vehicle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey hey, uh do you have a smart watch, Deputy D?
Speaker 3: Of course not, No, of course not.
Speaker 10: And and my car doesn't even have Bluetooth or on Star or that satellite radio so that they can track you and listen in. I have none of that. It's all analog. Even my watch is an analog watch.
Speaker 3: It's I want to ask quite this site. What bugs you so much about being spied on?
Speaker 10: Well, nothing, because I'm not doing anything you listen, right, I just I.
Speaker 5: Just like my Remember he's in the recycling business.
Speaker 6: So were this?
Speaker 3: So was ton YEP.
Speaker 4: I want to stay in time. I want to remind people we're asking you to categorize cars the sexiest, the most luxurious, the best work vehicle, let's put that in there, the most comfort, luxury, whatever category you want to give us on a car. And if you had to have one, which one would it be? And what did we mark? Did you once do a.
Speaker 3: Segment on their very first car? Yeah? We did, we did. But let's let's stick to uh the break because.
Speaker 5: We got Samantha Ron all right, and then someone else pop and see you guys.
Speaker 3: Hold on, we'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Well, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one. Help you'll I think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Marshino here, Samantha, talk about your twenty seventeen cheap Wrangler.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 16: Well, I've been having issues with it for several years and it's constantly overheating. I had taken it. I've only used the dealership that I bought it from for service and they told me initially like, yeah, it was just a problem with a head gasket and I just needed to repair it. I did take it at that time to another dealer, another mechanic, to get a second opinion, and they told me that the engine that I had was notorious for having problems and that until the engine itself was replaced, I'd keep blowing head gaskets. So I went back to the dealership and told them that and they said that was an true And since then, I've blown four head gaskets. I'm on my fifth and the oh.
Speaker 3: Wait wait hose.
Speaker 4: I want to ask a couple questions, Samantha, did you buy this new yes?
Speaker 3: Okay? And how many miles on it now?
Speaker 16: Seventy seven thousands.
Speaker 4: And you went through that Kevin four head gaskets.
Speaker 3: My god, I've never heard that before.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so we've replaced.
Speaker 3: What do you think's going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I mean it needs to be checked for the surface of the head or the block needs to be checked to make sure there's no war because there's no other reason that would continue to blow head gaskets.
Speaker 16: So it's in the shop now and they've said that they have finally done it because again it's overheating. And they're now saying that I need a new engine and it's not covered by any warranty, even though I haven't extended warranty through another company. They're refusing to cover it because I just had head gaskets replaced to last July, or heads the actual cylinder replaced last July, and they didn't machine the head at they've never machined the heads.
Speaker 4: You know, it sounds like you have a bunch of clowns working on it.
Speaker 3: That's what it sounds like to me.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound really, It sounds like you have a bunch of clowns.
Speaker 3: Working on it.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I have nine services for overheating in the last three years.
Speaker 3: But you're talking about the same company, right.
Speaker 16: Yes, I keep going to the dealership because they're they're the only ones that I have had work on the car because this was explained to me that it was a manufacturer's defect. Now this time they've come back and said it is the engine, because there's a manufacturer's defect on the engine. But they're refusing to pay for it. And they're saying I have to pay thirteen thousand dollars to replace the engine.
Speaker 4: How much have you paid on the damn head gaskets each time?
Speaker 16: So the first time I took it in, I was two months outside of my warranty, so Jeep gave me a good will warranty and covered the first time. Since then, I had my extended warranty, paid for it once and I've paid for it the other time. So this is the fourth head gasket time. So I've paid probably six thousand for the replacing the cylinder.
Speaker 4: So right now they say you need a head gasket, No, they.
Speaker 6: Say she needs an engine.
Speaker 16: Engine.
Speaker 4: All right, what do you think's going on, Kevin? Do you think it's shit? Well, like I said, Kevin, have you ever heard of this?
Speaker 3: Twenty seventeen jeep having an engine problem.
Speaker 6: Three sixteps has had nothing but problems with overheating. Yes, yeah, it's a chronic. But why whether it's in the caravan, whether it's in the jeep. It's just a support design. They've had a lot of problems with the blocks, They've had a lot of problems with the heads, so they need to check closer. I mean, it's it's easy enough to check to make sure the block is flat before you put a head gasket on it, and the same with the head. And if you put a head on without doing a resurface on the head, you're just asking for it to come back.
Speaker 4: Do you think resurfacing the heads now? And do you think it's too late? When they say she needs a new engine, why wouldn't they just recommend a new head.
Speaker 6: Yeah? That that I don't know why they're basing what they're basing, you know, because it seems like it's it's too late. It seems like something the should have based on a year ago.
Speaker 3: But here's what I'm asking Kevin.
Speaker 4: If she was supposed to plane that head long ago, and true the head and she didn't, can it ruin the bottom of the engine.
Speaker 6: Typically not, but it may the bottom of the block surface may have been the initial problem that they're now identifying two years later. It's it's oh, I see, yeah, so that I don't think they ever fixed the problem.
Speaker 8: Hey, Tom, If she identified the problem or initiated contact with the dealership while it was under warranty and it's the same problem, doesn't.
Speaker 4: That No, But it wasn't under warranty. It wasn't under warranty. It was out of warranty, and they did a good faith of repair, so that would not extend. However, if it was in warranty when it began, you're right, Doc, and it was never corrected, it would still be a warranted item. But it was outside a warranty when they fixed it. That's the big deal right now? This sucks man. What dealer is it?
Speaker 16: And it's a manufactured defect in the block, so it would have been there the Yeah.
Speaker 4: But that seems to me it should be covered. If it's a manufacturer's defect, why isn't it covered?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 16: And no one will talk to me now. They're just very rude, condescending. They tucked down to me. They tell me that they're frustrated and tired of me. And they meanwhile, they have my car and say I have to pay them tallers for a new engine.
Speaker 4: But you didn't do that yet, right, it's still taking apart. Yes, Now, what's the name of the dealer?
Speaker 16: AutoNation Chrysler Jeeper Appa hoo.
Speaker 4: Okay, now I want Deputy D to just call over and possibly eat pop to someone at a district Less or Chrysler Jeep. This may not be a dealership thing. I don't know what it is, but certainly if there's a manufacturer's defect on a block, for God's sake, you would think it would be covered.
Speaker 3: Kevin, have you ever heard about this?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, you've heard about overheating, But have you heard about any specific defect.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a chronic issue, so you know, some have had problems, some have blocked problems. So it's all over the board.
Speaker 3: Gosh, dang it, but it all right.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Samantha, We're gonna Samantha, you hang on all right now, Ron, I'm gonna we're gonna take your question. We'll think about it and come back to it. What kind of electrical issue on your car?
Speaker 17: Sometimes when it rains a lot or it snows, I will get into I will try to open the car, and the electric thing to open it won't work. I get in, try to start, it won't start. There seems to be no electricity to the dash, and sometimes I find water in the floorboard on the passenger side. I've found a solution, which is I open the hood, I open the fuse box. I pull out the fuse that goes to the starter. I put it back in. Well before I did that, I tried to jump. It didn't work. But then when I pull out that fuse, put the same fuse back in, Close everything up and jump it. It'll start. It's been into the shop and they're trying to figure it out. They took the and I may not have the terms right, but they took like the fuse boxer's like two or three levels underneath it, and there was some manual something that said on those buconclaves, there's an issue under there. They went and looked for that issue and they said that issue doesn't exist on yours. So I'm just wondering if Kevin had any insights, if he's seen that before.
Speaker 4: All Right, you know what they do, electrical issues, So hang on, we'll come back to that.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Waterpros dot net the best water systems, the lowest prices anywhere forty nine to ninety five will get you everything you need in your house for forever, chemicals, softening, and drinking water at the kitchen sink.
Speaker 3: Never a better price waterpros dot net.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, you know what I was talking about?
Speaker 3: The avalanche.
Speaker 4: Somebody texted me a link to a YouTube and it's this Chevy Silverado EV.
Speaker 3: Looks like an electric Avalanche is what it is.
Speaker 4: Beautiful vehicle, but just a little too expensive for that category. You know you can't get one really for under eighty grand. You can't even touch it, And that's a little too much for the Chevy in my opinion. Ron, you have the twenty fifteen Buick Enclave. Guys, Kevin, what do you think when it rains or snows, there seems to be an accumulation of water. It goes down and some of it gets to his floorpan. And to me, I mean, it's pretty obvious it's a short.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, there's got to be some corrosion and a connector somewhere. You know, if it's continually getting water. Did they solve the water intrusion? You gotta start. No, that's gotta be fixed. It doesn't matter the rest of it, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Where's the water coming from exactly?
Speaker 17: I don't know. Now, I was wondering about something, and I'm not sure the timing fits for this, but maybe a couple of years ago or so I had the windshield replaced, but this has only started about six months ago. But I was wondering if that might be it.
Speaker 6: It's entirely possible. Well, it's not hard to fix, I mean, or not hard to find. You just you know, you could have a plug you know, plugged vent too. I mean, you're you're you know, the little screen by your wipers. The water will go down there, and there is a drain that does get plugged up and that can back up into the car. So I think you can fix the water.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing.
Speaker 6: You gotta fix the water.
Speaker 3: The first thing is solving the water.
Speaker 4: The second thing is finding Now, could there be damage to circuit boards that need to be replaced?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yeah, the corrosion will start with water intrusion. That's the biggest concern.
Speaker 3: Run is this under warranty?
Speaker 17: No, it's too old and too hot milds.
Speaker 4: Oh, of course it's I'm sorry, Yeah, it's twenty fifteen. So why don't you take it over to Kevin? I mean, where is it right now?
Speaker 17: Well, it's in Colorado Springs, but I don't mind coming up there for something like that because I can make an appointment whatever.
Speaker 6: And wait, well, Jesse's really good down in the springs too. Who is Jesse? Honest accurate?
Speaker 3: That's right, honest, accurate auto.
Speaker 4: Why don't you call why don't you call honest accurate auto? Ask for Jesse? Tell him the issue you're having. He's pretty good at tracking that down.
Speaker 17: Okay, that sounds great.
Speaker 3: Where have you had it? Have you had it on a dealer.
Speaker 17: No, No, I've got a shop that I trust and they're good and everything, and I go over there. So that's where I take all my stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay. Now, now they may be good, and they may be honest.
Speaker 4: They may be honest and good, but sometimes it just takes an extra touch, and so.
Speaker 3: Try them out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's it's called honest, accurate auto.
Speaker 6: And I would seriously focus on the water before I focused on anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 6: Don't tell me about the no start or anything. That's not a concern. I have water coming in my car. That's where you start.
Speaker 3: That's the first one man.
Speaker 4: Once that's done, then you can hunt down the electrical problem. Yeah, there might not be there. Night might not be another problem once it drives up.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Angel, go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 14: Can you near me?
Speaker 3: I can hear you.
Speaker 18: Okay.
Speaker 14: So my father who has terrible late stage SELPD, he lives in my It sounds weird, but he lives in my yard in an RV. And he apparently thought he needed to go buy a new RV, and so he went to os Road Automotive in Fort.
Speaker 7: Loveton, and.
Speaker 14: He had I think he had gotten like a attack three pound or something. So he had twenty five hundred dollars and he signed up for a fifteen thousand dollars RV, which he doesn't have the remaining funds. He does have some land in Arizona that he could potentially sell and get the remaining funds, but anyway, that's that's a long story. So anyway, he signed sport to purchase an RV. He put twenty five hundred down on it, and then he left and he said he would come back with the remaining funds. Well, he doesn't have the remaining funds and he never took the RV off the lot or anything. And then he finally talked to us about it, and we're like, you can't do that. You need to go get your money back. That's all the money you have, you know. And so basically, let me ask you something, angel, Angel, let me angel, I want to ask you something.
Speaker 4: We're going to continue this after the break, but I want to ask you does he have dementia?
Speaker 14: He does not.
Speaker 18: He has not been diagnosed with dementia.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, we'll come back to this and more coming up on the troubles Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 19: Two rift So you don't have.
Speaker 1: Run just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shoot's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Now today is.
Speaker 4: Car Day and we're here to help you with cars and talk about cars and issues and motor vehicles, but anything else that comes up. And we do have a follow up where we do have an expert on and uh, Mark.
Speaker 3: Do you want to take this one? You took the call from Leslie.
Speaker 5: This one is completely insane. The call came in yesterday from Leslie and let me just recap it real quick. She wanted to paint her house, so she went to the h o Ways website because there's only uh, you know, particular color patterns and colors you can choose, So she chose one. It happened to be number fifty three, and that ties in with Guyries or Sherwin Williams. Number fifty three for her neighborhood, like literally for her neighborhood.
Speaker 3: So she chooses it. Then she hires a contractor.
Speaker 5: The contractor goes to Guy Rees, picks up the paint, goes over to her house, is going to start painting, and she leaves for work. He starts painting. She gets home, the house is green. Number fifty three is gray. What happened was the HOA. At first you would think the contractor messed up, the painter painter did not mess up. Who actually messed up was the website for the HOA where you would go to choose what color you want, and she chose fifty three, which was supposed to be like basically a gray and white, and it ended up being green. So she calls up the contractor. At first of course, and it wasn't his fault. He's like, I just grabbed number fifty three, like you told me. She makes sure Sherwin Williams, her guy Reyes gave him the right one, which was fifty three. Then she calls up the HOA or the management company and says, hey, what's going on here? Number fifty three is gray and it's not gray. It's actually green according to everybody else, And they go, oh, whoops, we messed up on the website. So the website actually was wrong, and that's where you have to go and pick out your colors in this particular community. So then it gets even weirder after they acknowledge that they offer her two thousand dollars. The paint job cost eight thousand, but they offer her two thousand dollars for whatever reason. But what's the strangest part is then they redo the website. Now on the website and she has screenshots of the original. Now on the website, it says, hey, you need to make sure it's the right color when it shows up at your house, and fifty three is now the proper color of gray. So the question is for Brad O'Brien, Brad, I think we have sent you some of the documentation from the HOA, But pretty much everything I looked at, everything Dmitri looked at is pretty much exactly what I just recapped. Dmitri, Is there something you want to add because you looked at a lot of it?
Speaker 10: No, I think you did the perfect job summarizing the situation. She she followed the rules, she got the cho Way approval to paint her to paint her.
Speaker 3: House number fifty.
Speaker 10: She did everything exactly right, and she comes home from work expecting to see a gray house, and it turns out it's green. The choy says, oops, we made a mistake on our website where you chose the colors and the paint codes.
Speaker 3: They fixed that mistake right, and then they put in a lot of other legally. But I have a quick question though, Guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is the HOA saying she's not allowed to have the green?
Speaker 3: No, sure it's not.
Speaker 5: She doesn't want green, she says, who the hell wants to their house puke green?
Speaker 3: That's the last color in the Okay, What I mean.
Speaker 4: Is that it is one I just wanted to know as an aside, it is one of the approved color I.
Speaker 3: Don't know I think. We asked her that Leslie was the green.
Speaker 5: Your house is now one of the approved Hi, everybody, it was, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is one of them. But you don't want the color. Who would want that?
Speaker 20: So the color, the green that I currently have is the color fifty three. This is what it was supposed to be. Fifty three was supposed to be this green house, this green color. However, on the West site when I picked it, fifty three.
Speaker 3: Was absolutely a dark green. Yeah, we got it, wet, Brad, get right, Yeah, we got it, Brad.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brad has any responsibility here to repaint her house.
Speaker 3: Hold on one more thing for Brad.
Speaker 5: So, Brad, they wanted to compensate her two grand the paint jobs eight. And when she said that's not acceptable, I might talk to an attorney or whatever.
Speaker 3: Now they ghost her.
Speaker 5: Now they say, because you threatened legal action, we're simply not going to talk to you anymore.
Speaker 3: We're done.
Speaker 5: So the other thing is in her HOA agreement, Brad, there is an arbitration clause as well, and she has started that process. But she is telling us that they don't even have to respond to the arbitration in any certain timeframe. According to the documents. But go ahead, Brad, ask questions, give your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Well, this is I'm just wondering, Brad, if you think they have liability, Well.
Speaker 21: That's that's the ultimate question, and that's I really can't tell you. Obviously, it's a case of mistake. A mistake was made, and now the HOA is not responsible for painting people's houses or paying for paintings people's houses. The question is is their mistake that was that Leslie relied on something that causes them liability for.
Speaker 7: To redo it. So, I don't know.
Speaker 21: It would take some research on this on how the courts of address this kind of question.
Speaker 5: Before Hey, Brad, what does your gut say? Just from a common sense standpoint, h Way says, Well, the h Way says, you have to do only what we say on our website, So go pick it out and your contractor will pick up the pain at guy ries, I mean, I don't know how well she would have done it. The only thing I would argue against is, you know, I probably would have been there. I probably would have wanted to see a little of the pain on the house.
Speaker 3: I might have wanted done something like that.
Speaker 5: But you know, she works all the time, and I'm sorry to interrupt, but I wanted to get that out.
Speaker 21: Well, h way did not approve a green color. They approved gray. It was a mistake made that called fifty three uh gray when it was really green.
Speaker 7: I think practically speaking.
Speaker 21: You want to find out what's what's the cost to fix this? I mean, can can the painting company call that a first coat and just do a second coat?
Speaker 11: And it's only four thousand not eight thousand?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 11: Is there some way to go down to the cost to.
Speaker 21: Remediate this so it's not eight maybe it's half that, and then try to get the HUA to come up from two to four and get get it still done.
Speaker 7: To work this out, because going to court.
Speaker 22: Over something that always maybe four thousand with an.
Speaker 21: Attorney may not make a lot of sense. And it's gonna be an attorney feed provision in any HUA where the prevailing party gets their attorney's paid by the losing party. So that's that could be more than the amount there even fighting over.
Speaker 3: How much did the paint job costs.
Speaker 20: A lesson eight thou.
Speaker 5: And I can tell you this, going from a dark is it a dark green? It looks dark to me? It going from a dark green to kind of a lighter is it a light gray or not? I think you would have to reprime. I think I think it would show through. But that's a you know, a painter can tell you.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, repainting it.
Speaker 20: Obviously it wouldn't even be enough for me. And so I actually proposed that to the board they offer to I went back and said, let's before and that way, we're cutting the losses down the middle.
Speaker 11: And I embraced a.
Speaker 20: Pute green House because I have been a citizen here for the past what seventeen years. I pay my dues on time. I've never once had even a threat of any kind of violation, and it really feels like they just don't care. It's honestly giving me a bad taste in my mouth. It's like, I'm this is just bad for the way I feel toward my community now, like they don't care. I sent in the ADR on May sixth, so it's been over two weeks. I'm yet to get a response of any kind. And I did for pose, you know, four thousand, cutting it down to half, and they just they don't care.
Speaker 9: I would think it was.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, unfortunately, you have to go through the process outlined in the bylaws, right Brad, which I can.
Speaker 21: Yes, there's a plan process in any well drafted y to eight documents, and she did that.
Speaker 3: We talked about that yesterday.
Speaker 5: She she invoked the arbitration clause and sent in the letter requesting it her She's she doesn't know if they're ever going to respond to her.
Speaker 3: Though I would say they probably have to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure they do. There must be some kind of penalty if they don't or something. I mean, the bylaws are there for a reason. They gotta figure they got to figure this out. This is this is crazy. I mean, I can't believe they're not taking responsibility and just repainting your house. I mean that it seems so logical to me. I don't see where unless they say, well, it was part your responsibility for not babysitting it.
Speaker 3: But I don't see that.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, you picked a color appeared by them.
Speaker 20: Their defense up to this point has been that I did not do my due diligence. However, after living in a community for seventeen years, I actually learned to rely on the response provided by my AHOA. Why would n't I If I can't and we probably need a new hoa, you know, and so I did not think that it was necessary to question. And furthermore, there was no disclaimer. I actually sent an additional email early this morning. I'm not sure whether or not you gentlemen, had a chance to look at it. A disclaimer was added on March twelfth.
Speaker 5: And excuse me, and they should have the disclaimer should have been there in the beginning.
Speaker 20: However it was not, so the discreamer wasn't actually at So after my house is done for it's green, which is.
Speaker 3: Good because they listen. That's actually a good thing.
Speaker 5: They learned their lesson and they corrected the mistake by putting a disclaimer up going look at this, what's interesting?
Speaker 3: Brad. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 5: If she doesn't repaint it, I don't know what kind of a case she would have. If she does repaint it and she's out six thousand dollars, then I can see the monetary damage.
Speaker 3: But if she decides to keep it.
Speaker 5: Green and not move forward with changing it, what the hell would you sue for?
Speaker 21: Well, green was not an officially approved color, even though the website said so.
Speaker 3: No, it isn't approved color. It's the wrong number.
Speaker 4: It is an approved color. She just doesn't like it. It is technically an approved color.
Speaker 11: Okay, now, well that's true. Then she has the right to keep it green.
Speaker 4: Right, and no one's making her change it. That she does have a right to keep it green. She doesn't want it green even though she's allowed to keep it green. The whole point here is their numbering system was mislabeled and cost her what she considers a paint job because she would have never painted at this color.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: It's not so much being that it's not approved. The issue is it's not what she wanted.
Speaker 20: And for to take the simplicity, I would have been willing to embrace the green. At least pay me half of what I'm in the hole. That can make me feel a little bit better about it, and life goes on. At this point, it's like braining my summer.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is, what you're saying is for enough damages for your pain and suffering, you're willing to move on, And you're saying two thousand doesn't.
Speaker 3: Cut it for it.
Speaker 20: I mean, I'm over. I'm not going to get the house repeat because it would cost me moreated.
Speaker 3: I know, But here's the problem with the two grand.
Speaker 4: To get an extra two grand is going to cost you more than two grand, right, Brad?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the bottom line.
Speaker 4: Now, is small claims court a venue not if it has an arbitration clause, So go through the arbitration and ask for more damages. But as Mark pointed out before, if you're willing to keep the green and no one's making you change it, then you may have no choice but to keep it, and then therefore there are no damages. Because Brad, I mean, if she keeps the color, there are no monetary damages. H would the courts recognize her disappointment factor as a damage.
Speaker 21: Well, she could argue that it's just not acceptable to her, and that may be a good argument, and and so therefore the cost to change it to gray is a measure her damages.
Speaker 4: Okay, And even if she doesn't do it, in other words, I don't know, Well, she.
Speaker 8: Can keep the house in and keep the two thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Well that's what she's thinking about. They didn't They didn't make her repaint. But she's saying she wants to keep the green and get four thousand dollars, not keep it and get two. You know, Leslie, I hate saying this, but at this point it might be worth just keep it.
Speaker 20: What's that paint it and it's not costing me anything else.
Speaker 12: I'd be happy with that.
Speaker 20: But they said it wasn't even an option. It was pretty much Tavarians or nothing. And now there's not even any discussions going on about it. I sent another email telling them let's talk about four thousand, you know, let's negotiate.
Speaker 12: And no, Yeah, but they don't want to.
Speaker 4: Here's why. Because here's why. Because most of the time when residents sue hoa's, they lose even if they win, because they're fighting with your money.
Speaker 3: They're not fighting with their own money.
Speaker 4: It's not like someone on the board says, oh damn, this is gonna cost me.
Speaker 7: They don't.
Speaker 3: It's invisible money to them.
Speaker 4: Everyone chips in hoas are terrible enemies because they have no pain in the game.
Speaker 3: There's no pain.
Speaker 4: It doesn't turn out to be an assessment against every homeowner for this lawsuit. It's not gonna hurt them, so they don't mind fighting. That's what you have to know that there is no upside here for you.
Speaker 3: None none.
Speaker 4: If they don't voluntarily do it, you're not going to get it, I would go through the arbitration. They have to answer the arbitration and just say that I want for.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 20: Is mediation, which I guess would be a step, and that would probably even if I was to file.
Speaker 11: In small planes.
Speaker 20: I'm assuming that the judge would probably order mediation even prior to accepting the case. That this is what I would think.
Speaker 9: Obviously, I'm not an expert.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they do, Hey, Mark, what did you say? What did you say? The arbitration clause says.
Speaker 5: I'm not staring at it right now, but it basically says you have to write them a letter and you want to invoke the arbitry arbitration clause, which I did, Okay, and she did do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what you need to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, there's nothing else we can tell you, Angel. Everything is dictated by that clause, but there's nothing we can.
Speaker 3: Do about it. I have I'm actually process that you agree to.
Speaker 5: I actually think, Leslie, that's the best thing for you. Hiring an attorney is gonna cost way more. Arbitration is gonna cost you something, for sure, but you might get that eight thousand. I mean, you know you've got I don't think they're going to show up and lie. So really it's gonna come down to, you know, what are the facts here? And that's what I was hoping. Brad might have dealt with something like this before, but it is a pretty unique case. But they acknowledge they messed up. They're gonna say that to the arbitrator. I highly doubt they're gonna lie whatsoever. But Brad, let me just pick your brain one more time than we have to take a break. Just I know you're not looking all the docs. In fact, I'm not even looking for legal advice, but just based upon the conversation, if everything is factual, how do you think an arbitrator would rule on this?
Speaker 7: That's a legal question.
Speaker 11: I just not position to answer that right now, fair enough. Also, you know there's a duty.
Speaker 7: What duty was did the agent after her?
Speaker 21: But also did she have a duty to make sure the paint color was what she was trying to get?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And see that's the big question.
Speaker 4: Did she have any responsibility to follow up when she saw the paint going on the house.
Speaker 5: That is a big That's the first thing I asked her. She left for work to contract, her shows up when she gets back the paint is ninety percent done.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's how it went down.
Speaker 5: It's not like you ordered a red car and it showed up and you're walking up to it and you go, wait a second, that's black, not red.
Speaker 3: I mean she didn't know.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, all right, So listen, maybe this is not what you wanted to hear, but you have to go through the process, Brian, quickly, your comment.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Brian.
Speaker 13: Here's the first time when they charged eight and they probably had a power wash. They probably had to scrape, they probably had to cough, they probably had to do a lot of friming. The things they have today. If you get a good paint, it comes with timer. I cannot see that house. You can more than four thousand dollars to redo it. I just can't, including paints and everything else. And if she would want me to go over and take a look at it, I'm not even be able to do it cheaper. And I can show her references, and I can show houses I've painted, and I won't take any payments until the job is done, no material.
Speaker 4: Nothing, okay, But but here's the only problem I want. She doesn't want to do it for four She's only getting two from the HOA.
Speaker 13: That's why I said it's going to probably be less than four. I'll bet it's not even probably around three. Worst case scenario, maybe the hoilll get read.
Speaker 4: Okay, you may hey, hey, Kitchina hook them up in case if he wants to go over and look at it, it's fine with me. If she's fine with it. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing versus best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino, you're a troubleshooter. Frankarandrealestateman dot com. From free market valuations of your home, find out what it will sell for without an obligation to list three or three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk to uh. Let's talk to Angel.
Speaker 4: We left off with her before that other problem and Angel's dad went out. Basically, this is what a lot of older people do. Well, people do it in general, not just older people. Her father lives in on our v inner yard. He bought a fifteen thousand dollars new RV that she says he can't afford. He did it with a twenty five hundred dollars check down. Now he has to pay the rest. She says he can't afford it. Now, here's the problem.
Speaker 3: If he's not.
Speaker 4: Disabled in any way, and you can make a case for competence, he's stuck with this purchase unless they will let him out of the deal. So will they let him out of the deal.
Speaker 14: They are not letting them out of the deal. They are basically saying if he doesn't want the camber, that's fine, but they're keeping his twenty five.
Speaker 22: Hundred dollars deposit. Okay, and mind Angel, it never less a lot.
Speaker 23: I don't know if that matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: People think it does with cars, with RVs, with anything he argue, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: What's that mark? People like to argue delivery.
Speaker 4: Right, Delivery does not consummate a sale. The sales consummated when you put the money down and you sign it. Now, here's the deal. What was he thinking?
Speaker 3: First of all, his current you're going to trade that in?
Speaker 14: No, it's it's pretty deplorable.
Speaker 5: It's he so well, Okay, it sounds like I just got to jump in here. It sounds like he probably does need a better place to stay. He's in a deplorable RV in your yard.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, okay, he does.
Speaker 18: Okay, you have managed.
Speaker 14: To get him into a better situation. But now it's just this twenty five dollars. He's on fixed income.
Speaker 5: But he's got a better Well, I'm sorry, Angel, but he's got a he's staying either inside with you guys who are in a home.
Speaker 3: Now, or what is the better situation. I'm just curious.
Speaker 23: We got him another RV.
Speaker 14: My mother in law have one that he is.
Speaker 23: It's much better.
Speaker 1: Excellution.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, excellent, So Angel, you're gonna you're not going to get the twenty five hundred back. I don't think. I don't think it depends on the contract. What did he sign?
Speaker 3: Did you look at the paperwork?
Speaker 22: I did.
Speaker 14: It's it's a lot of jargon. That is a little bit over my head. He I will say, you know, I don't know if this in our in our view it matters. But tell me because you had mentioned dementia.
Speaker 22: He has not been.
Speaker 14: Diagnosed with dementia, but he is in stage COPD. I mean he has even with full.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that doesn't that doesn't come into play.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: That doesn't come into play. Really, I mean, his competence is competence. Is he competent it or not? That's really And and he knew what he was doing. How did he did you ask him how he planned to pay for it?
Speaker 24: I did?
Speaker 14: He has some land in Arizona that he's thinking he could just sell to pay for the rest. And it's it's I mean, that's a process, right. So the fact that he's he told them that he could be back with the remaining money, it's like, when you know he doesn't have the remaining money.
Speaker 4: So does the contract say when he has to make that remaining money?
Speaker 22: Not that I saw.
Speaker 14: I'd be happy to copy it and email it to you.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'll be glad to take a look at it to see maybe we can spot some imperfections in this contract.
Speaker 3: Maybe they didn't. Maybe we could just ask.
Speaker 6: Him for half or something.
Speaker 4: Deputy Doc, do you want to call over there and see if you can appeal to the better You know, I don't know power does he?
Speaker 8: Angel Ill?
Speaker 22: He was born in fifty nine?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, he's five sixty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's not too old.
Speaker 14: He is young young bye bye age wise, but like I said, he's in stage top. I mean he can't even with full oxygen on walk twenty feet without needing to stop. You know, he's very disabled in my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I see what you're saying. I'll give him a call.
Speaker 8: Maybe they'll only to split the difference and we can get half it, beat or do something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe they'll do something. All right, Okay, I'm Tom Martino Trio three.
Speaker 3: All right, Shannon, Do I owe you a thirty break?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: THREEO three seven one three eight two five five, Uh, fix it twenty four to seven. We'll do your sumpump for forty nine bucks, a complete pulling, servicing, cleaning of it. If you don't even know if you have one, and you do you're in trouble if it ever gets clogged. Fix myhome dot com book now go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three Talk Compass Insurance Group. Free insurance checkups three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Make sure you're not paying too much or you're under insured three oh three nine nine six nine thousand The Insurance Health Center dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Joyce has a question on.
Speaker 4: Breaks twenty fifteen jeep Cherokee, Joyce, go ahead.
Speaker 23: We have a twenty fifteen jeep Cherokee latitude. About nine months ago we took it in and had the oil changed. Shortly after that, we started having problems with the breaks. In the morning, we would start the car and the brakes would go within an inch of the floor. Within three to five minutes, they would cook itself. Last month it went two days by doing that. It still stops, but I don't think it's safe. We took it to the dealers and excise me to the dealership. They said there was oil in the break lines. They're the only ones that have ever touched the car, So I'd like to know what the symptoms would be of oil in the client's place.
Speaker 6: It's exactly what you're experiencing because the motor oil can't does compress or brake fluid can't compress. That's why it works so well. So if you introduce a different fluid into the break you're going to have a pedal fade. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And it happened right after an oil.
Speaker 23: Change, Right after an oil change.
Speaker 3: And they topped off the brake fluid.
Speaker 4: I don't know I did they top off, Kevin? What would they have done, Kevin? If they're changing the oil, they wouldn't go near the brakes.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know what services they're doing as far as fluid top off, because we top off all other fluids. But you should never top the brake fluid off. This is not necessary. So I mean it could be fly.
Speaker 4: Well, how do you know they did, Joyce. Did you come right out and ask them what did they do when you brought your your your vehicle in? Did they say they topped off the brakes?
Speaker 23: They don't top off any fluids.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, then they couldn't have contaminated it.
Speaker 3: Well, she's saying it did not do it at all prior to the service.
Speaker 4: So okay, what I'm saying is this, if everything is right, if everything is right in the universe, and they simply changed your oil, there's no way they contaminated the brake fluid.
Speaker 3: Kevin. And you're saying, could it be a master cylinder or something else?
Speaker 6: Of course right not. The contamination is external though.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, the problems she's having, the fading pedal, could it be something else?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but she said she was told somebody has.
Speaker 3: Oil in the miss I missed that part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so based on that they actually did they actually tested Joyce or are they guessing at it?
Speaker 23: I don't know. I've got to take the word for it. They've redone the entire breaks now, Oh, that was five thousand dollars bills and then they charged this wait wait.
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 23: Five thousand? They had to replace every break part in there, all the lines.
Speaker 4: You know, Kevin, she was put together here. I'm sorry they took they took it advantage of you.
Speaker 3: Joyce.
Speaker 4: You're thinking they're your savior. They took advantage of you.
Speaker 23: No, I don't think they're my savior. That's what I'm trying to find out because I want to go to small flame sport with this.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, you approved the work that five thousand dollars. They did not have to replace every component in your brake system, Kevin, even if it was contaminated, would they have to do that?
Speaker 6: I would have flushed it first and just saying what you know, what issues may ever wrote, you know, come from there, but it's overkill.
Speaker 3: Joyce, a five thousand dollars choice.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you that they they they took advantage of you five thousand dollars for some contamination.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Did they replace even your break pads and all of that? Yes, yeah, they put the screws to you. What they saw was someone who was worried about their breaks, and they took advantage of you, and you know what you can't. And when you said, well, I can't prove they didn't contaminated, you know, then you can't prove a kid didn't come and contaminate it. You can't disprove a negative. They they just changed your oil and you know your brakes it. It might be coincidental, but you can't. First of all, the first shop no responsibility whatsoever. The second shop put the screws to you. Now here's the problem. If you go to small claims court, they're going to say, what are you suing for? What are you suing for? Joyce, you got what you paid for. You got what you paid for. I got to take a break. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three A three seven on three Talk seven on three at two nine, eight and five five. Renew home innovations dot com remember that name for the most beautiful showers with porcelain porcelain sheet showers with no maintenance. Renew home Innovations dot com. Two or three days, They get it done and you have months to pay. That's renew home Innovations dot Com.
Speaker 3: All right. Uh, Mark loves this beer garden.
Speaker 4: In fact, Mark was out at the beer garden asked me to fly up and drop in.
Speaker 3: Mark, did you know that Steve is on the line.
Speaker 5: A beer garden generally doesn't brew beer. Steve Moss brews all the beer right there at Rock and Roll Brewery. They're doing a corn hole tournament tomorrow. You can go to Rockenroll dot Beer to sign up and check it out. You get two tickets to the racetrack down there, VIP tickets. You get a hat Steve. What else do you get? I know, you get a free beer.
Speaker 12: Well, you get the VIP ticket to Colorado National Speedway good for one race. The twenty twenty five season at Colorado National Speedway, and you'll get entrance to the Rock and Rollberry Beer Garden at the track, and you'll get VIP parking and that's a lot of money right there. And then we're going to give you Famous Daves catering. It's a complete meal. That's a lot of money right there. The ticket price is seventy five dollars each, but most of it's has given you pretty stuff. Plus you get one free beer well and you get you have a to win some money.
Speaker 5: You get to check out one of the coolest little breweries. He just opened up. He's been brewing beer foreverbody just really opened up to the public to brewery and it's only open on Saturdays. It's a great time to check it out. And Steve, you're forgetting this. That cornhole tournament. If someone out there is good at cornhole, there's probably gonna be like a five hundred dollars prize pool.
Speaker 12: It depends how many sign up. Right now, we got a little over ten, I think, and if it fills up, it'll be a five hundred dollars first place. Otherwise, it just depends.
Speaker 6: How many got it.
Speaker 12: What we're doing to eliminate the pros you want.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be mixed. I gotta put you on hold, but everybody, rock and roll that beer.
Speaker 5: Get signed up now it's tomorrow. You're gonna love the place. Rock and roll that beer. We got a lot more coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent. You're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 24: Yeah news, So you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come run anxious as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Show Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This.
Speaker 25: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 5: Welcome, my friends, did the only show of it's kind. It's car Day and I love Car Day. I got Kevin Culkin with me. Deputy dot Deputy Dmitri Dragon just showed up on the other side of the eight. Here Kelly answering your phones. Here's what we do. You got any problems whatsoever You've been ripped off taking advantage of by a mechanic of course because it's car day, or a contractor, or a dentist, or an attorney or you name it. If you got a problem, you need help recouping money.
Speaker 3: That's why this show is here.
Speaker 5: The phone number is so simple, three oh three Martino. That is three zero three Martino. And you can use that number while we're live on the air, and when we're not here you can use it as well. You can leave a message. Sometimes we actually answer outside of the show and can help you out right away or we'll call you back generally within twenty four hours. You can also email us at help at troubleshooter dot com. That's help at troubleshooter dot com. But right now I got three lines open three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five.
Speaker 3: We have talked a lot today. We talked about a lady in the house paint that com messed up. On top of that, we've had a lot of car questions, including Joe Ann. She's got a problem with a dealership in Fort Lupton.
Speaker 5: You know the first thing I thought, I'm thinking roly Pirifoid, but he sold years ago. What dealership is it? Before anything, Joe Anne, I'd love to know.
Speaker 22: Yeah, it's off road automotives.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's the one we just heard about in that RV deal. We've heard it.
Speaker 5: Actually, Actually this is by far not the first first call on this one, nor the r V one. This is curious, and I'm going to look it up on the database that we keep a little bit from now. But I remember another one although.
Speaker 10: Big pickup truck with cats that needed to be replaced.
Speaker 3: I think they helped them out. But what's going on, Joe I just tried to call them, by the way, nothing, we.
Speaker 22: Had a car. I bought a car.
Speaker 20: There.
Speaker 5: You're coming in and out, Joe Anne, Joe Anne, I don't hear you at all. I'm gonna put you on hold, Kelly, see if you can figure it out. I think she's calling from a bad cell area. You called him up though over the RV deal And what I did? Did you talk to him or what?
Speaker 8: I talked to somebody and they were going to give me the uh connect me to the UH to the owner, whose name is Adam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the phone got disconnected.
Speaker 8: So then when I call back, they said Adam was not there, and I'm gonna try him to get a little bit longer.
Speaker 5: I'm almost sure Adam came on and I thought he took care of I'm trying to find a picture of the place here.
Speaker 3: It is right here on Google. I'm not positive, but I'll be able to look it up generally.
Speaker 5: I just asked Suzanne and she can look it up in less than a second. But I know we've had another issue, and I really did think they came through on it, and I'm hoping we can help her out when she's in a.
Speaker 3: Good cell area. But three oh three seven.
Speaker 5: One three eight two five five Kevin Coukin, I wanted to ask you something, man. We have so many calls on people that buy a car and I assume that's where she is going and they don't have it checked out. We all know that's a huge problem, yep, And people do it all the time. If you show up to a lot and they do not allow you to inspect it, simply don't buy it.
Speaker 3: Walk well, you have to, because why else wouldn't they let you look at it exactly.
Speaker 5: So when you do a pre purchase, or if anybody listening to this on the podcast in another state or an area far from you, what are the important things to get checked out? I mean, give us a little bit of detail. I mean, of course, like tire, tread and turn the engine on. But should you get a compression check, give us an idea of what to do.
Speaker 6: You don't really need compression so much anymore because the computers can pick up on misfires and things with low compression, So I would recommend compression if you have a missfire obviously. Uh, we start with a you know, computer analysis. Check for codes text, see if the computer's just been recently reset.
Speaker 3: Oh, because that's a big that's a big.
Speaker 6: You know, they got codes. They don't want you to see it, so before you come pick it up, they clear. So if the monitors not reset, that indicates that this computer has been reset, and I would fail it just for that.
Speaker 5: Can you actually reset the computer to where you don't know if it's been reset or deleted codes?
Speaker 6: No, because when you reset it, it resets what they call the monitors, and each car has a different drive pattern. It needs to go through for the monitors to come back live again. Got it. So if you get in on the scan or you say monitors have not reset, that's an indication that somebody just cleared.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, what else do you check? What do you what do you leaks of?
Speaker 6: The biggest thing? You know, get it up on a lift, look around, see if it's obviously been wrecked. You know, different things. Take it well. You know, after a test drive, it goes up on the air. So we want to see if it's pulling, shaking, wiggling, you know, just to make sure it's just shaken. We look at the tire war but no, we don't do an alignment as a as.
Speaker 3: A check out, but I mean an alignment check now sure, No.
Speaker 6: You can tell from the tires in the way right, and then.
Speaker 5: Of course you're looking at tires. That's a note. How about the interior? I mean, do you guys even get to the point where you're making sure like the air conditioner works.
Speaker 6: No, that's not. That's all part of the checkout. Heater, air conditioning, everything, you actually hook up the We just we just visually, you know, turn it on, check to see if the events change. Because somebody car temperature, temperature drops, you know, does the defrost come on, come off? The heat, the floor, you know, everything in the heater.
Speaker 3: It's expensive.
Speaker 6: You get in and you need to replace actuators. It's thousand dollars on some of these.
Speaker 5: Oh man, if you needed a compressor or something on the AC, it'd be crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're right about like power lock stores.
Speaker 6: You check all that, all that everything we got to you know, a long list of tech. I have one specific tech who does.
Speaker 3: It, and that's what he does.
Speaker 6: That's what he does.
Speaker 5: What do you, guys, what should a company charge for it? I'm not what do you charge?
Speaker 3: It's towards success.
Speaker 6: We keep it cheap. We keep it at one twenty.
Speaker 5: And that checks the whole thing outp yep. And then if you do find something, well you're always going to find something. Well maybe not always, but generally. And then you give them a report.
Speaker 6: A report so they can go back and either negotiate the price.
Speaker 5: Because you're gonna tell them how much it is, Like, hey, the AC is not working because of this.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 5: If you turn on the AC though, and the AC is not working, do you go back out to him and say, well, you definitely have a problem with TAC, then we can dig into it more.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 3: That's gonna cost money, exactly, we can't check you're not working. You're gonna be able to tell them.
Speaker 6: Now, we'll give them a window. You got anywhere between one hundred and two gram to fix the AC.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, that's pretty cool, all right? Three oh three seven, one, three eight two five five? Hey, Kelly, is Violet on two or one? I see two lines one name. I'm not sure what to go to, and I will just go to this line.
Speaker 3: Who's this? You're on the air, Hey, Joe Ann, go ahead.
Speaker 22: I bought a car at Off Road Automotive and Portland, PA.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you got a better connection now, yep, go ahead. You bought it at Off Road Automotive, Fort Lupton. How long ago did you buy it?
Speaker 1: Joe Anne?
Speaker 22: Last January?
Speaker 3: A year ago?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 22: And then I went Ober last year?
Speaker 5: Joe Anne, Joe Anne, I'm sorry two things you said a year ago, January being six months ago or January being eighteen months ago?
Speaker 22: Eighteen months ago?
Speaker 3: Okay? So in what kind of car was it?
Speaker 22: There was a twenty ten Toyota Cameri hybrid.
Speaker 5: Got it and what's going on with it? Eighteen months after you bought it?
Speaker 22: Okay, well after I bought it in January or twenty twenty four. In October twenty twenty four, it's the whole car just started shaking. My grandson said, Grandma, why are you shaking the car? I said, I'm not shaking it. I'm just driving. And the whole engine felt like he was going to fall apart.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So I stopped it.
Speaker 22: I called the off road. I called the mechanic. Is my hell, isn't it? That's his name, the mechanic. I said, I don't know what's going on with my car. Can he come and check it? So he came and checked it. He started it, and he drove it off. He said, oh yeah, something's wrong. So he drove it to the shop. And then I have I had a two year extended warranty for the engine and the transmission.
Speaker 5: Hey, joe Anne, Joeanne, hold on to slow down, slow down. I just want to make sure I get all this. This all happened with this shaking and you calling him? When what month was that? In twenty twenty four October? Okay, so not very long ago. And then then what.
Speaker 22: And then they had my car October. I made my payment October, November, December, January, and he still had my car. He said, well, what's going on my car? He said, well, the warranty is not going to pay for this. You need to pay money out of your pocket.
Speaker 3: What was the diagnosis?
Speaker 22: I don't have money.
Speaker 3: What was the diagnosis?
Speaker 22: He doesn't even know. He doesn't even know. I have no clue what the diagnosed.
Speaker 5: Well, then how does he know, Joe Anne, that makes zero sense. And that might be what he told you, But if he doesn't know what's wrong, how would he know that it was denied?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 22: Yeah, exactly, But he just wants money out of my pocket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just so when did he tell you this? I assumed this was in October.
Speaker 22: October and November December.
Speaker 3: I've been where's the car now?
Speaker 22: Well, there was that also there. They were supposed to take that. They didn't fix it. So I had a tow truck tow it to Brian to Christian.
Speaker 3: Utto Christian brothers, Yeah, go ahead. What did Christian brothers say?
Speaker 22: Okay? Yeah? And then Scott called me back from there and he said, you want I can't work on your car your engine has one bolt on it and there's no transmission in there.
Speaker 3: Well wait a minute, what whoa whoa, whoa whoa. So you never saw the vehicle because you added toad from off road Automotive over to Christian Brothers and they're telling you literally the engine is barely being held in and the transmission is gone correct.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, this sounds crazy. Now did you warned them a tow truck was coming? Is it possible they were working on it? I mean, where are we at here?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's well he wasn't.
Speaker 22: I said, can I take this? He said, you can pick up your basil and have it somebody, take somebody else and work on it. That'll offer your up. I said, I I'll take it somewhere that I'll offer my warranty. And then then and then not Christian Brothers.
Speaker 5: Let's let's before before I start discussing off road automotive, a couple of things.
Speaker 3: One, is it still a Christian Brothers right now?
Speaker 22: No, they just had a.
Speaker 3: Toad to.
Speaker 22: I fainted parking ticket for a sixty dollars parking ticket, and then writing police department is notified me that it got towed to thirty eighth in federal I believe, So help.
Speaker 3: Me out here. So why did it get towed? Did Christian hold On show in? I don't know why did it get towd I don't know who told it.
Speaker 11: I'm not sure.
Speaker 22: I have to talk to the officer.
Speaker 5: The last place. It was Christian Brothers right right. So wouldn't logic tell you that they had it towed? I'm sure they did because it was probably because you didn't approve their work.
Speaker 3: Did they try to get well, how would they even get warranty work?
Speaker 5: I mean at this point, if I was a warranty company, I would I would void the claim anyhow. There's no damn transmission in the car. I mean, of course you would. You can't even figure it out. So have you called back let's let's talk logically now. Have you called back off Road Automotive and asked where the transmission is or why your car was this torn apart?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 22: I asked him, I got to have my car back total winter, and you put my transmission and my engine back and I could take it to somebody that'll honor the warranty. And he said, I'll charge you to.
Speaker 12: Put your stuff back in.
Speaker 5: We got to get their side to this story. This whole thing is really crazy, and honestly, I'm not so sure. I I, Joeanne, you did everything wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what they owed you. Do you have a copy? Real quick? Do you have a copy of that warranty?
Speaker 22: I do?
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, Kelly, I want a copy of that warranty sent over, something that we can actually read. I'm wondering. I don't even think the warranty matters at this point.
Speaker 3: Where's the car?
Speaker 5: The car has been towed to some yard where she's gonna owe money on it.
Speaker 3: I mean, simply, where's the car. I already asked her.
Speaker 5: That, no, she doesn't know Christian brothers. I'm sure had it picked up because it probably sat there for a month and they don't want it there. So I got no problem with that, because she should have moved it, but she didn't. She should have had it towed as soon as they said, hey, there's nothing we can do. There's no transmission in this car, and there truly isn't. And if she didn't come pick it up or get it towed, I would have towed it too. But everybody, hold tight, We're gonna get to the bottom with that, and then we've got another issue with an auto sale. This is nuts.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Wait time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Three oh three Martino.
Speaker 5: You know, during the break, Kevin pointed out something about off road automotive. But I'm going to go back to that call because Kelly is going to try to reach out to who we believe as the owner, Adam. And before I start talking about their BBB stuff and other stuff, I want to give them an opportunity to come on. So I want you to hold on, Joe Anne, You just hold on right there. I do want to give them an opportunity to come on and talk about this, But the bottom line is, really you bought it. You bought the warranty on it. No, you know what, I don't care what happened here.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 5: You bought it, You bought it with the warranty. Now it doesn't even have a transmission in it. I mean, that's absolutely insane. I don't even know what good I can say. Usually I would be going, Joe Anne, you bought it as is, but first of all, you didn't.
Speaker 3: You bought it with a warranty.
Speaker 5: Now that warranty might have only covered the powertrain, but that still doesn't matter because at this point there's no transmission in it. It's absolutely the crazy call ever. In fact, Joe Anne, I just want to go over a few things real quick. But but I'm not gonna I don't want to dig into the off road automotive side. I want to understand the chain of events. You bought it last year, eighteen months ago in October. You had a problem, but you did buy a two year warranty with the vehicle that had how many miles on it?
Speaker 3: It should have been covered, right, that's your contention.
Speaker 7: At least correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you bring it back to them.
Speaker 5: They told you bring it back in, we'll try it, we'll look at it and fix it. And then they said the warranty company will not cover it.
Speaker 22: Right, Yeah, they did some motor mounds or something. They didn't even need motor mountains.
Speaker 5: Well, wait a minute, way to see, joe Anne, though, that's an important part. When it's shaking like that, the first thing I would think about is motor mounts.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, Kevin, Right, yeah, definitely that could cause vibrations, all kinds of problems.
Speaker 5: And listen, joe Anne, here's what I'm trying to say. If you're warranty, Joanne, listen to me. If if it needed motor mounts, that warranty might have been a powertrain warranty only. So therefore the warranty company wouldn't have covered the motor mounts.
Speaker 3: That would have been money you had to pay out a pocket. Did they actually put the motor mounts in? Did that fix it? Or you don't know?
Speaker 22: He said. The mechanic said no, it was still shaken doing the same thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it still had some kind of problem after the motor mounts. That makes sense because at that point, at some time, Kevin, they removed the transmission.
Speaker 6: Which makes no sense. I don't know why they take the transmission out.
Speaker 3: Well didn't you say only didn't?
Speaker 5: Didn't the new company that got it, Christian Brothers, didn't they say there was only like one or two bolts keeping the engine in.
Speaker 22: Yes, and there's no transmission in there, and.
Speaker 5: There's no transmission maybe, I mean, Kevin, what it truly makes no sense. It truly makes no sense. Kelly tried to get them on because I got to be honest. I mean, my head's ready to explode.
Speaker 6: How long was it a Christian Brothers before it was told?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, that's an entirely different question, but go ahead, what Joe Anne?
Speaker 3: How long was it Derek? Christian Brothers.
Speaker 5: They must have called you up and said there's no transmission pretty damn quick.
Speaker 22: Correct, Yeah, they can't even work on it. And he called me back.
Speaker 3: Did he say, hey, get it towed out of here or whatever?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: He said, come pick it up?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 22: Huh, okay, perfect, pay one hundred and fifty dollars to get it, Toad. And then and then I had to pay a parking ticket on top of that.
Speaker 5: Wait, you just totally lost me. So when you had it, Toad from Christian Brothers. Where did you toe it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 22: No, no, it was still it was still there. I hadn't I hadn't had it toad parking ticket? Hat it?
Speaker 5: Hold on, Joanne, Joeanne, hold on, hold on, hold on. It gets towed over with no transmission to Christian Brothers. They call you up and say there's nothing we can do. There's no transmission. You're good, all right, you got to watch your language.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: I'm going to put you on the hold for a second. Kelly is talking apparently to someone over there. I'm going to put her on hold. But it's like two different problems with her. I don't even know where the car is at this point. Yeah, I don't know if it was toad because she had outstanding parking tickets.
Speaker 6: And Christian Brothers pushing the street. I mean.
Speaker 3: She literally said she paid one hundred and fifty for.
Speaker 6: To get a toad to Christian Brook.
Speaker 5: I think she was talking about afterwards. But we're going to find out. Hey, Violet, what's going on with you?
Speaker 22: Yes, we just a.
Speaker 18: Friend just sold our vehicle. I'm the widow of a twenty year force veteran.
Speaker 3: Oh I am, I'm so sorry, Violet.
Speaker 22: Thank you.
Speaker 18: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 11: Mark.
Speaker 3: So what So how long ago did your husband pass?
Speaker 18: Eight months ago? But I've been dealing with a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure you have.
Speaker 5: But let's we're going to kind of stick to the car issue you're having right now. So he passed eight months ago, and you didn't need that car anymore?
Speaker 3: So you had someone to help me?
Speaker 18: Yes, I stopped driving many years ago. My husband always just gotten the driver's seat.
Speaker 3: And who sold the car? Who did did you sell the car?
Speaker 18: No, sir, a friend did it for me. He is a be a volunteer.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he sold the car.
Speaker 5: So what is the problem with this car sale?
Speaker 18: Well, I don't know. The friend just texted me a while ago. He said he's very busy today and he can't really. He just told me, don't do anything. And I said, well, you know you've helped me, be.
Speaker 3: Ay, Violet, Violet helped me out, help me out.
Speaker 5: Just a couple quick questions, and I'm going to come back to you because I got to take this break. But where is the car now? Is it in your possession or this person has it? Where is it?
Speaker 18: It's in the buyer's possession?
Speaker 22: And who was last week?
Speaker 3: Did you get paid for it?
Speaker 12: I guess my.
Speaker 18: Friend did, and then he deposited. Is the account in my bank account?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you got the amount? How much is it? Out of curiosity.
Speaker 18: The amount? Here's my friend, he said, Okay, can I can?
Speaker 3: I just you're going to put him on.
Speaker 18: No, he didn't give me permission to do that.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, Hold on a second. I'm getting very concerned. Let me put you on hold. I'm getting very concerned. Everybody, Hold tight.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five to five. What was that lady's name? Kelly? We were just talking to someone fine, Hey, violent listen.
Speaker 5: You dropped off and I'm very uh, I'm very nervous for you. It's a parent You listen to the show. I want you to call back if you want to talk off the air. I'm going to have no problem like that. What I'm afraid of is you got a text from somebody or communication from somebody that has something to do with this car, and they told you not to talk on the air. I don't care what anybody told you. You listen to me. You trust me. I know that I could tell that in your voice. You need to call us back if you don't want to come on the air. I have no problem with that. I will help you off the air. But I need you to call back because I have a very bad feeling of what's going on. In fact, it might even be to the point I'm worried about your safety. I need you to call back. Okay, I'm trying to get through to you.
Speaker 3: I know you.
Speaker 5: Listen, and if anybody knows her, by any chance, a neighbor, or if she happens to be in a home or something, please let.
Speaker 26: Us know she has a person and that is with her. That is power of attorney, that was there and was not willing to come on air on her back.
Speaker 3: How do we know it was someone that was power of attorney.
Speaker 26: Because she told me that.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know what she knows. I find it very strange what just happens. So I'm going to say this then I'm sure she's still listening. If there is truly a power of attorney there, please call back. You don't have to come on the air, but I am truly worried about her, So I would love for you to call. You do not have to come on the air. Call the three ZHO three Martino right now. Please and just give Kelly some real basic information and let her talk to Violet real quick and make sure everything's cool, or I'll do it. I do not like what just happened on any level whatsoever. Now we're going to go back to Joe Anne with the issue with off Road Automotive. Somehow her car now has no transmission. There's other issues about towing and stuff I quite frankly don't care about. Now, you tried to reach out to off Road Automotive and the owner, Adam or the GM Adam.
Speaker 3: Kelly, what happened?
Speaker 26: Yeah, So I talked to Ricardo. He's in the sales department. He passed me on and unfortunately I was unable to leave a voicemail because the voice mailbox was full.
Speaker 3: Did it say at least hello, I'm Adam or what did it say?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 3: Was an automotive do me a favor.
Speaker 5: And put up their telephone number under the notes there the one that you called that we know is correct. And then you had an update on another call we got today, I assume on off road Automotive.
Speaker 3: I've been researching.
Speaker 10: I've been researching the matter of off road Automative Automotive and Adam Landkember because of the two calls we got on them today.
Speaker 3: Two calls in one day, folks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, within about an hour. And last month they filed for bankruptcy. Oh crap, both thought Road Automotive and Adam, which, as you know, usually happens in pairs.
Speaker 3: So they're final. First they're in the US bankers say in a chapter eleven. So here's the deal. Let me go back to this is this is crazy.
Speaker 5: So Joe Anne, I'm going to give you you're actually in a better place than you were a minute ago.
Speaker 3: Now everybody out there is going how's that possible? All right? I mean even you, Dimitri, you're probably saying that I'm wondering, how.
Speaker 5: Is that possible? I'll tell you how that's possible. There's a trustee involved.
Speaker 3: Now. This trustee is going to help you. You if you don't get notification, you're going to notify the trustee. Do you have the trustees info? Dmitri?
Speaker 10: Yeah, right now, no individual has been appointed, that just says us trustee at the Byron g Rogers Federal Building.
Speaker 5: So you should you. We're going to help you and follow you along with just Joe Anne. The problem is what they owe you at this point is a transmission. I don't know what this warranty is. Did you send us over the warranty information?
Speaker 22: I am, I am right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't have to do it right now, but we need to get it. I'm going to put Dmitri on this case because he's working. I watch you on the both the RV in this one, the RV one. I see nothing happening. I mean, they bought it, they signed the paperwork. I just see nothing happening there. I mean, if they want to do something nice, they can't now that they're in chapter eleven.
Speaker 3: They can't.
Speaker 5: They can't appease one person and not another person. But with your case, joe An, we're going to find the trustees information and we're going to help you talk to the trustee about what's going on, because it could be fraud in your case, meaning you could be outside of the bankruptcy. You could actually be in line first because you're missing a transmission.
Speaker 3: You brought the.
Speaker 5: Car there and they literally took your transmission. That's like not normal under any scenario. Well, we're gonna just kind of monitor this. I'm gonna grab all your information. You're gonna send over that warranty. The other thing is dmitri if it truly is a warranty At this point, I don't know if Adam and the gang it off Roade Automotive sold her a piece of paper like an in house warranty that just means nothing, or if it's possibly a warranty that Kevin could look at and if we do get to transmission back, maybe get something going.
Speaker 6: But I having a police report though, for missing parts of your car, that is crazy. I didn't even think of that, did you. I would be tempted.
Speaker 3: I would be tempted too. Just to have that paperwork for the trustee. If and if the car is currently missing, Well, the car's.
Speaker 6: Not here is she does?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where is the car now?
Speaker 6: Joe?
Speaker 3: And that's problem number two? You know it would be a good question for Christian Automotive.
Speaker 23: I would on thirty eighth of Federal.
Speaker 22: That's the only thing.
Speaker 6: On this car.
Speaker 22: Oh, not even three thousand dollars. I've paid over five thousand dollar ready?
Speaker 6: Oh man? What was the timeframe?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: I'm still coming.
Speaker 6: I'm still confused. How long was it a.
Speaker 22: Christian Brothers get this car?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I guess, I guess I am going to jump down that rabbit hole because you know what.
Speaker 6: Because they have responsibility for that car. If it was towed away by their negligence, that's a whole other store.
Speaker 3: So help us with the toe.
Speaker 5: You just say they towed it, right, But I also heard you say you paid one hundred and fifty dollars to tow it.
Speaker 3: No, she said it was a ticket. Go ahead, Joeanne, what happened.
Speaker 22: To fixty dollars? Sixty dollars parking ticket for what?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 18: Or behind the Christian Brothers store.
Speaker 5: So Christian Brothers moved it from their parking lot to another parking lot.
Speaker 22: Just out on the street, just out on the street of their shop.
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, they pushed it out onto the street. I get that.
Speaker 5: How long was it there and how many times did they How long was it there?
Speaker 22: I want to say a month or so over a month, I.
Speaker 3: Think they can push it out on the street. Kevin, Well, what's the rules?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: No, get it ten times.
Speaker 6: Either there's storage or towing or whatever. But you can't dispose of it on a public street. You can stay there forever. They can tow it as abandoned and then the toe company will notify her. But if she has no notification it's parked on the street.
Speaker 3: That could be hers.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know if there's a liability with the shop. They can't just dispose of a car because it's in their way.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's correct.
Speaker 6: After it like, you call a tow company and you do it properly. You don't push it out on a public street. Well, if I can care six months, Well, you can't push your car out on colfax and make it call wait wait wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, so wait?
Speaker 5: So it literally if you come park at my house.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 3: And there's no transmission in your car.
Speaker 5: I can't push it out in the street, because that's exactly what I do.
Speaker 6: You need to call a towte.
Speaker 3: If I do push it out in the street.
Speaker 6: You're liable for what happens to it.
Speaker 5: There's no way, Jack, there's no way. Who can we ask about that?
Speaker 3: Who the hell? I don't even know what attorney. We don't ask about what he's talking about.
Speaker 5: Not on this, I don't I trust on this, I don't. Okay, I'll tell you straight up, Kevin. You know how many cars I pushed out onto the street.
Speaker 6: You can't do it. I'm telling you it's not legal. You are liable for the vehicle unless you can account for it.
Speaker 3: Oh my, So.
Speaker 6: That's why you have a tot company, you have signed and you tow the car away as a bandit.
Speaker 5: First of all, I'm gonna throw this at you. This might change your entire mind. You ready for your mind to explode? Watch his head, Watch the smoke start coming out of this years she had it, Toad there. She probably never signed anything. They might have not even accepted the damn vehicle. See, and there's no transmission. They might have not even known the vehicle was showing up.
Speaker 6: Well, they said had no transmission, so they saw something.
Speaker 5: All right, we gotta take a break. Hold on, we're gonna, We're gonna. I don't even know who to who would we call on this? I mean, I don't even know.
Speaker 4: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, real quick, A couple things Kelly, you did talk to violate?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 3: Give me a quick update? I did?
Speaker 26: We have her information and yes, her POA.
Speaker 5: Aster two excellent. I'm going to call them. I'm going to call her make sure everything's cool. After the show. So everything did sound there was someone there literally with her. Yes, Okay, we're going to check that out and then I'll figure it out off air, which.
Speaker 26: Got everything, and she's very excited to speak with you because she really likes you.
Speaker 5: Okay, now listen, Dmitri is actually I started listening to what Kevin had to say, and I don't know the law, but I do agree with this rationally, if you own a shop, you can't just push something off into the street.
Speaker 3: If they don't pick it up.
Speaker 5: You would call a tow truck and have the tow truck come grab it. But when there's no transmission and little value, you might not even find a tow truck company that wants to do that.
Speaker 3: But who knows. But we're going to actually call up over the break.
Speaker 5: Dmitri's gonna call up to the place Christian Automotive for Christian Brothers and Fort Lupton. I assume that apparently pushed it, and we're going to try to get that part of the puzzle.
Speaker 3: So we'll do that. Patrick, you're next.
Speaker 5: He's got a question on small claims. Two lines open, three three Martino hour ago.
Speaker 4: Right here go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rip News. Need that so you don't have run anxious stas as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 25: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome my friends to the only show off.
Speaker 5: It's kind We're here to style prout, answer questions, and it's car Day, one of my favorite days. Kevin Coalkin joins me, shared in auto Tech, Deputy Docks to my left, Deputy Dmitri to.
Speaker 3: My right, Dragon on the other side of the glass.
Speaker 5: Making sure we're on air, and then Kelly or off air, depending on if people drop the F bomb, and then Kelly answering your calls producing the show. Three oh three Martinez, the number we got two lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Dmitri's gonna go call an automotive shop that we think might have pushed a car into the street.
Speaker 3: Then it got a ticket. But on top of that, that poor woman bought the car from Off Road Automotive, which is now in bankruptcy.
Speaker 5: So listen, if you're in Fort Lupton or if anybody there, the bottom line is there in bankruptcy. So just understand that Chapter eleven is a restructure, meaning they're trying to get rid of their debt or spread it out and pay it off over a long period of time. It's almost like a Chapter thirteen, but it's for corporations. Most of them convert to a Chapter seven. I'll be honest, if you look at it, I don't care big companies, medium companies, small, And the problem is how much debt do they have? And I know nothing about the case, so I'm purely just speaking in general, not necessarily about off Road Automotive. But let's say it's a bicycle store and they go into Chapter eleven because one of their vendors, Shwin in this case, isn't getting paid and they don't have the money to pay, so they go after them. They get a judgment and someone files. That's one reason companies file Chapter eleven. Another reason is they're forced into it. Maybe they're not paying their property taxes on their building in the city of Littleton, shows up and basically shuts down the property and puts.
Speaker 3: A nice sign on the door.
Speaker 5: Maybe the irs isn't getting paid and closes up the property. There's lots of reasons people for Chapter eleven, but they all come down to one thing. You owe money to somebody. So what this particular company or anybody else like the fabricated bike store is going to have to do they enter into chapter eleven. And then why most people don't survive is very simple. Why did you get air If you simply don't make enough money to pay the current bills, you wouldn't be in that position. Now you've got to prove not only do you have enough money to continue on normal day to day, but you also have to pay off all this other debt. Some people attempt to do it. It's very complicated, and usually it just simply doesn't work. It's astronomical. The failures of chapter eleven. I'd say ninety percent. Ninety percent if a bigger company doesn't come in at least by the assets, but generally it just doesn't go that way. Now, Patrick's got a question. Hey Patrick, what is going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 9: I just have a question about small claims court. Basically, what happened was is I've met my house out VRBO and Airbnb, and somebody tried to check in at twelve at in the morning the day of check in, but they're not supposed to be un till four o'clock. And I was here because it's my house, and they decided just to leave because I was here, which is odd.
Speaker 3: So they tried to check in.
Speaker 9: Good night, No, no, no, right mid next day, twelve at midnight the day.
Speaker 3: Before and yeah, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Well it's actually.
Speaker 3: That it's one second end of that day. Whatever, I get you.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 9: And I'm lying on the floor just you know, watching TV.
Speaker 3: That's odd.
Speaker 12: I keep going, who are you?
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, they literally walked right in. Yeah that's great.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I'm just sitting I just got back from a trip. I was really tired, and I would have had the house ready for them to check it in for Yeah. Of course they decided that they decided to go get another hotel or something, and then they did. They did a charge back on me, and the RBO took my money.
Speaker 3: Now, what I got to ask you this, why does why did VRBO side with them? I don't understand there. I don't know how they do things.
Speaker 9: Well, they will immediately side with the renter immediately, and so I had to prove that, and through ring and through my door, which has a code, I can I can prove that this guy tried to come in right at twelve and then whatever.
Speaker 3: Yes, So then why then why didn't they side with you?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 12: They did.
Speaker 9: I ended up sending that information and they gave me my money back. But he went and did it. He filed a claim with his credit card company and then they took it back from me. So and they're just saying, we can't give your money back.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on, hold on, hold on, help me out here. There's a few things I just don't know about VRBO. So Number one, I thought, I thought the customer pays VRBO and then VRBO pays you.
Speaker 3: Is that not correct?
Speaker 12: That is correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, So when the renter canceled his credit card, that would affect VRBO, not you correct?
Speaker 7: Well correct, but wait, hold on.
Speaker 5: Hold on, I think Patrick, Patrick, I think I understand. But somewhere in the agreement with VRBO, if the client is successful on a charge back, they can take it back from whomever they gave it to.
Speaker 9: Apparently, but they already they already sent me stuff that said I proved that he came in and broke my rules and they already said that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: But then because you want to, you want to what's a credit card company? They went and took it back and they can't hit.
Speaker 5: Here's where I'm going though, this is you're talking about ultimately. You got a question on taking them to court?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, can I can I take the RB?
Speaker 5: It's a small Well, that's what we've got to figure out in that agreement. I'll tell you Dimitri's good at looking up stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Dimitri, you get the question. We need to know.
Speaker 5: Is there something in their typical agreement and says if we get hit with a successful chargeback, that we are able to take it from you. Now I find that crazy if that is the case, because I don't think that's fair.
Speaker 10: Oh, it makes perfect sense, and I think it's and I think it's perfectly fair. Because Patrick actually has two separate issues. He won one, which is did the renter break the rules of the rental. Yes, so he won that, There's no question about that. The second and separate issue is the renter's payment failed.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, but yes, I get it.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying, I'm trying to think of a better example on this.
Speaker 10: Oh no, I total understand where you're going with this. So you're wondering, is there something in the in the user agreement that Patrick signed with a rental company that allows them to recover their charge.
Speaker 3: That maybe this will help me.
Speaker 5: If you're an auction house and I want to auction my rolex and I give it to you, and you auction it and you accept payment on it, and my rolex is gone, and you have whoever bought its money, and then all of a sudden they cancel their credit.
Speaker 3: Card, they have the watch, they have whatever it is, and you take my money back.
Speaker 10: Well, it goes right back to what is the user agreements?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm asking what is?
Speaker 5: And I find it crazy And you're probably one hundred percent right, it's in there if they did it, But I find it very I find.
Speaker 3: It kind of nuts that they can do that.
Speaker 10: Well, except that your example is kind of imperfect as it applies to this situation and your example, your rolex is gone and so is the pavement.
Speaker 3: Right, this guy is gone somebody else? Well, did he appeal it to the credit card company?
Speaker 23: He?
Speaker 3: Patrick?
Speaker 5: That is the whole problem I have with what we're talking about is Patrick doesn't even have the ability because he is not the vendor or the merchant. He's simply not that person. But if that is in the agreement, none of this matters.
Speaker 10: No, And Patrick sounds like he's capable of taking a look at that agreement. Patrick, download your user agreement that you signed and see what it says.
Speaker 3: I mean, if it's a PDF, you.
Speaker 12: Can.
Speaker 9: They gave it back to me because I proved that he had broke the rules.
Speaker 3: And Patrick, Patrick, these are two separate issues.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but it's not failed pay is a separate is an issue that's separate from did the guy violate the rules of the rental agreement?
Speaker 5: I just I really would like to understand this because now I'm thinking, like, you rent a mansion for a week in California on Malibu through Airbnb or vrbo, and you know five thousand a night a week goes by, you have a great time. You tell your credit card company. Oh, the swimming pool didn't work, and for whatever reason, your credit card company, uh, you know, sides with you. Yeah, they'll reverse the charge and then the owner ends up not getting it. But VRBO is the one that actually said this is a good person. We've checked them out, they're part of our membership. We accept their payment. I just find it same with like, I just want to see the agreement. I really want to know the language in the agreement.
Speaker 3: Patrick, shootes a copy of your user agreement.
Speaker 1: It over.
Speaker 3: I really would love to see it. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 9: Look, I'll look it up. And the other part is that it would have been ready exactly when he checks in. And part of the user agreement is listen.
Speaker 5: We get all that in Dmitries hundred percent right. We are talking two different things.
Speaker 10: I think we leapfrogged over the main issue Patrick's. Patrick's problem isn't really with VRBO. I think Patrick wants to go out. It wants to go and sue the renter.
Speaker 3: No, they want to see VRBO.
Speaker 10: Good luck, there's an arbitration provision in there.
Speaker 3: You're they're not going to let you see either that or take them to arbitration.
Speaker 5: But it's more or less. I'm going to side with whatever's in the agreement.
Speaker 10: I think if Patrick, Patrick, do you know if your renter is local? Is he around here or is he from out of state?
Speaker 3: Oh, they don't give information.
Speaker 10: No, Oh yeah, you can't do you'll have troubles But you.
Speaker 5: Don't even have infor I mean you don't. You don't know his address or anything.
Speaker 7: Right, I can get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I didn't even know you could get that information. But that would be if he wasn't out of state, you could go to him, unless if once again, in that VRBO document you agree not to go after.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be that he gave up that right.
Speaker 9: But you could soon come down to that And I'll get that and send that to you.
Speaker 5: Send it over to help and troubleshooter and we'll look through. We got a tool where we concert you. But I'm dying to know on this. And there's a lot of people that you know, deal with VRBO and Airbnb in all these places.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I got to take a break ravaging.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three three seven one three a two five five. We got some lines open, first time in a long long time. Three oh three seven one three a two five five. Got Uncle Kevin across from me, Kevin Automotive stuff man. We talked about pre purchase. What else is important when it comes to maintenance. I mean we always talk. Nothing's lifetime. I get that, but we have summer coming up, with one hundred degree days coming up, besides the obvious of like.
Speaker 6: Well, you say besides the obvious, but it's not obvious to a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true. I mean you're absolutely right.
Speaker 6: Absolutely change your oil. Oil is not good for ten to twelve or fifteen thousand miles. No, just there is no lifetime or to your oil or any.
Speaker 3: Of that minimum follow the manual, you know, but.
Speaker 6: I would do it a little bit sooner. I mean, for what you're saving and what it's costing, there's there's no upside plus their warranty.
Speaker 5: Most vehicles, the warranty's gone at thirty six thousand miles, and if you neglect oil or go you know, twelve thousands.
Speaker 6: Your problems, you'll be at sixty and seventy thousands.
Speaker 5: Your problems aren't going to affect the manufacturer. They're going to affect your ass.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 6: But you can't recover a sludged up engine. Now, once they sludged, they're done. And we were talking about I missed the call.
Speaker 5: My son called, but Tom was talking to somebody or you guys about someone.
Speaker 3: With five head gaskets. What happened?
Speaker 5: That sounds The only thing I could think about is every time we did a head gasket, my guys would pull the top end and send it to a machine shop. We'd never do a head gasket without a milling the head.
Speaker 6: And it's annoying to sit with that car and pieces for two days waiting for the head.
Speaker 3: So that's why you push it outside.
Speaker 6: Literally, that's why a lot of shops I'm not saying a lot. I don't know anybody that does. But obviously whoever did this one did.
Speaker 3: So that's why that's probably what happened.
Speaker 6: Time saving.
Speaker 5: So another words, that head wasn't perfectly flat, so it kept blowing head gaskets.
Speaker 6: Possibly yeah, but yeah, you know, you know, but it bleuw headgas because it got too hot. So it's one thing for it to be overheating. Something to drive it overheating.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I heard some guy tell me years ago there was something called liquid glass and if you had a bad head gasket, you could pour liquid glass in and I'm sure it's not truly glass, I don't know what it is, and it would go down and basically almost like a foam. But something that's heat resistant or something would actually fill in the gaps and sometimes not all the time, might extend that head gasket or make it usable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's all kinds of hocus pocus. I mean, you got autos on they have the wall of shade and you're calling. Yeah, they got every stop leak known to man. They got tire stop yeah, I mean they got a can of something for everything.
Speaker 5: My favorite was this guy brought me one time, so he needed a cat couldn't pass e missions.
Speaker 3: And you know I quoted him back then it was a lot cheaper. I mean the cat was maybe five hundred bucks or whatever it was.
Speaker 5: And he's like, no, no, no, no, no, just hold on, hold on, And he shows back up into shop and he's got this bottle of ready.
Speaker 3: It's truly called this guaranteed to pass.
Speaker 5: It was nineteen bucks at AutoZone or Checkers or somewhere, and I read it and you put it in and you'll pass emissions after whatever a week or whatever it is. And if it doesn't pass, you can send back the empty bottle and all these other instructions that failed emissions tests and all this other stuff to the company and they'll give you your money back.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 6: It takes sixteen weeks and.
Speaker 3: Twenty five bucks time and ship exactly. Get your nineteen dollars exactly.
Speaker 6: They sell one now.
Speaker 3: It's called CATA Clean CATA Clean, so.
Speaker 6: You run it through your gas tank and it's supposed to clean contaminants off the catalytic convert or make it work more efficiently.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, all kinds of stuff. There's some additives though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm always great. I mean you know that liquid glass that that does work in certain conditions. Yes, it might get you by, it's not permanenc I was gonna say, it's a band aid.
Speaker 5: There's another reason if someone let's go back to a pre purchase, if someone did have an issue like that and put liquid glass in. I mean, really, there's nothing you could change. You couldn't find it now, Yeah, there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 6: One thing I keep wanting to bring up. I was shopping for a car for my granddaughter. And if you don't pull a car fax on a car before you do a pre purchase, just don't even bother.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't waste the money.
Speaker 6: Don't waste the money. The car fax tells you so much, and you could bring that with you to the to the pre purchase. We found three of the first five cars I looked at, the odometers were changed.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. And that's right on the car, right on the car. Fact, So you don't even waste your time.
Speaker 6: Don't waste your time getting a pre purchase. If you're not gonna do the car.
Speaker 3: You don't even know what you're dealing with.
Speaker 6: You have no idea.
Speaker 3: Think about that.
Speaker 5: Once you odometers change, you truly have no idea if the oil change we're done on.
Speaker 3: You know nothing about about the car. No, and keV, I assume you do a break check.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, from the big things check.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So how often does someone I know, we send you a ton of prepurchase because you guys do them right and you do them cheap. In fact, anybody out there listening straight up not And if you really want the car, Kevin will tell you everything that's wrong with it in in a written form so you can go negotiate it if you really want it. But anyhow, where I was going, out of all the people that come to you, let's say, out of one hundred pre checks, like, how many are just total junk?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Like that?
Speaker 5: Literally, like you're saying, don't even negotiate, I wouldn't buy it.
Speaker 6: Sure, probably twenty to thirty percent of them. It's pretty high percent.
Speaker 3: It's pretty high. There's a lot of junk out.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's stuff that every car needs. I mean, that's that's easy. You know, we can always find something wrong with any car. But some of them, I mean, it just it makes no sense to even try.
Speaker 3: How about little things like like how how much does it cost?
Speaker 5: I'll just take something. What's a very popular car like a twenty fifteen Honda Cord and let's say the driver's seat motor is out, so you can't adjust the seat.
Speaker 3: I mean, how much is something like that? Is that an expensive repair?
Speaker 6: There's something you can't buy a motor? You got to buy a seat assembly. Oh my god, that could be two grand.
Speaker 5: So they might tell you that's probably only one hundred bucks where I mean you might have to drop a thousand plus exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So yeah, don't don't take anything for granted. And the whole it's already been checked. You don't need to worry about it.
Speaker 3: Da da da da, Or don't worry about that check engine. Like that's your cast cap.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, that's that spot on the ground was from the car before you. That's not coming from your car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't mess around. Skip real quick. What's your question? Because I got to take a fast break.
Speaker 24: Okay, I can wait till our TV bro.
Speaker 3: Let's do that. I like that.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that. Three oh three seven, one three hey two five five.
Speaker 3: Everybody hold tight. It's Saturday and you're on the Troubleshooter Network. What's the AIRTV.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five, I'm dying to know what your issue is, Skip, it says with AIRTV.
Speaker 24: Yeah, such correct, Mark, Happy Friday to you by the way.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks you sire.
Speaker 24: Oh shut up? From so I have I have over the air free streaming. It's called air TV. Yeah and wait a minute.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Skip, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just got to understand this. So it's over internet though, right, it's not over the air.
Speaker 3: Let's see here.
Speaker 24: No, it's over the air. It's over your TV set. It's done uh to either an external antenna or through an indoor intent.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's an antenna. Okay, I get it. Go ahead.
Speaker 24: Yeah. So it's kind of like it's kind of like an Amazon and fire Sticks, only maybe a little more foo foo maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm still a little confused. But what's the problem.
Speaker 24: Okay, Well, anyways, I'm I touched something that I wasn't supposed to and now I can't get my local channels. I can get everything, I get everything around it. Yeah, I can't get the local channels. Okay, so that it's unauthorized.
Speaker 5: Well I okay, once again, I'm a little confused. So do you have internet in your house?
Speaker 24: Yes, that's ask Does a TV.
Speaker 3: That we're talking about, one of the TVs we're talking about, does it connect to the internet.
Speaker 24: It connects to the Wi Fi.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine. So it connects to the Wi Fi.
Speaker 5: So you're not you don't have a antenna like a old school antenna or a digital antenna plugged into it. You're actually accessing through the television hub some service that's called AIRTV.
Speaker 24: Well actually, but the way it works is a the if show antenna comes down and it has its own modem, but the motem is hooked up to the router for the Internet.
Speaker 3: I'm actually looking up AIRTV, AIRTV, string, local TV and HD. Hold on, just let me let me actually, I'm gonna put you on hold for a second. Would someone please go to AIRTV, dot net in absor or what product we're talking about while I move on to skip hold on, I got to understand what hell we're talking about? Fernando, what's up with you? Fernando? Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 12: Sir?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I have a problem with the warranty at the Dodge dealership.
Speaker 3: What kind of vehicle is down?
Speaker 11: It's an Infinity? What year thirty twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Twenty eighteen, So I assume we're talking about an after market warranty.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but they sort it to me as with the warranty and Eric's nows and even the dealer's warranty.
Speaker 3: When did you buy this twenty eighteen?
Speaker 11: Q X, I bought it. It's been a year now, So.
Speaker 3: You bought it a year ago, and you bought it with an extended warranty. And who did you buy it from?
Speaker 11: From? Dodge?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you bought it from Dodge or whatever Dodge dealership. Then a year later you have a problem with it, so you brought it back to him, same company, right, same same dealer. Yes, and then that dealer said, this is the problem, and what was the problem.
Speaker 11: The problem was the car started leaking at oil because it came from the oil housing. Okay, engine, it's the oil housing.
Speaker 5: So you saw it, basically, I'm trying to think the beginning of this. So you saw oil on your driveway or saw it somewhere, and then you you drove it to the.
Speaker 11: Dealership, actually had them, told it to him.
Speaker 5: Oh you total did it break down? Did it break down on you broke down?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 11: All the coolint and oil came out because I guess told.
Speaker 5: It sounds like the bottom end went out. But regardless, hold on, then you got it to the dealership. What did the dealership say? The problem was.
Speaker 11: They didn't know what the problem was, so they had to tear it down to get to it.
Speaker 5: I understand. So you authorized I see where we're going. You authorized him the tear wear it down?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 11: No, I didn't authorize them yet because they told me that the warranty people. We have to make a claim to the warranty people so they.
Speaker 3: Can Kevin explain.
Speaker 5: Kevin, hold on, I want you to listen to this, Fernando, because I don't know if it went down this way, but this is the way it generally would go down.
Speaker 3: With a warranty like yours.
Speaker 6: They want to know the exact point of failure. So we have to disassemble whatever component, in this case the engine to the point of failure, let them know what happened, why it happened, and everything that goes with it. And we do charge for that in advance, because the warranty will not authorize the teardown. Customer authorizes the teardown in the event that it's not covered, Customers responsible. In the event that it is covered, the warranty company pays for it.
Speaker 5: Is that kind of what's going on with you, Fernando. They tore it down and the warranty companies not covering it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly so. But the point was is I told them about that, and God said, yes, go ahead and tear it down and have them fix it and will pay for it. They said, well, we'll actually pay for it.
Speaker 3: I just missed it then, So if Fernando, are you saying it is covered.
Speaker 11: Well, the dealer There's dealership said that they would help care pay for the teardown for me.
Speaker 5: So okay, But now Okay, so where are we at now? Did they deny the claim?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they denied it.
Speaker 3: Now what did they deny it on abuse?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 5: I understand they're denying everything, the tear down and everything. I get that, But why did they deny the actual problem?
Speaker 3: What did they cite abuse? Did they cite what?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 11: The reason why is because of the warranty that they gave me was a was a premium package, and I guess they said that they didn't cover the gaskets on that coverage.
Speaker 5: Now the gaskets. If he broke down and there's coolant and oil every head gasket, what do you think.
Speaker 6: Well, that could be a well cooler well housing cooler gasket. Yeah, very very common.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 6: But it takes a lot of labor to do it exactly. Yeah, it's like six seven hour job to.
Speaker 3: How much is how much is it out of pocket to have it fixed?
Speaker 11: Bro Did they want thirty five hundred?
Speaker 3: Kevin Wherre is that in the scheme of things.
Speaker 6: It's deep in that engine. It's they're not an easy one to work.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm in price wise, it's it's a little on the high side, but not outrageous.
Speaker 3: Fernando I mean, you are where you are, So you're calling because you're upset with the warranty company, or you're upset that the dealership is charging you for the teardown.
Speaker 11: I'm upset at the dealership because they promised me that they were going to pay at least half of it and that can cover.
Speaker 3: The rest, and now they're saying they won't. How much are they asking for it?
Speaker 11: The teardown was fourteen.
Speaker 3: And you want them to pay seven of it?
Speaker 11: Well, just the fourteen the teardown, and I'll pay the rest.
Speaker 3: What's the rest?
Speaker 11: The rest is a well, it's at a thirty five hundred.
Speaker 5: Well you're you're assuming now wait a minute, Wait a minute, I think I understand what you're saying. You're you're assuming, though, that the teardown isn't also part of the labored to do that job. So, in other words, you're saying it should have been on your ticket. It says fourteen hundred dollars, and then it also says thirty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 11: No, it's with the teardown fourteen plus whatever.
Speaker 3: What the it's fourteen plus twenty one? Right? Yes, yeah, okay, And that's is at a fair price for that kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not bad. It's a little on the high side, like I said, But you're right, the teardown is the initial getting to the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's part of It's basically the r of the R R R.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if.
Speaker 11: My problem is is they promised me and they said that they're going to pay for the tear.
Speaker 5: How do you I guess, Okay, here's what I'm asking. How do you know they're not paying for half? Did you ask them?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I just went there.
Speaker 5: Now, And what are they saying when you say, hey, you guys promise you were going to pay for half? What is their response to that?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 11: Their response is, oh, well, they were at first talking to the unquote the quote the manager of the deal of the warranty place, and they said, oh, yeah, we'll cover the coverage of the caardown, but let us know when the car is fixed and then we'll go from there. So now the car's fixed. I went to them and I said, Okay, the car's fixed, so you guys are going to pay your part, so I can pay my part, so get my car out, and they just tell me, oh, no, we are not honoring of that.
Speaker 5: So what I'm saying, do they acknowledge, Fernando, Do they acknowledge to you right now that they said they would pay for half and they have changed their mind?
Speaker 11: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: They acknowledge that. Yes, And who is that who acknowledges that?
Speaker 11: It was the manager of Dodge? His name was Ali.
Speaker 3: Who wants this one?
Speaker 5: Okay, Now none of that's in writing. I'm assuming no, But that's why I asked. He's saying they acknowledge it. So when Doc calls over there with you, they should say, yeah, we told them that, but and then they're going to have an excuse.
Speaker 11: Right, Yeah, they've been they've been ignoring my calls and everything. I had to come down personally.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, hold on, hold on Doc, he's on too, Kelly, get all his information and figure out what dealership. It's not called Dodge dealership. And then Steve Moss, we got Rick. We got a lot of stuff going on. And then air TV. Did you figure that out?
Speaker 3: What is it? Real quick? Yeah? Well it's Internet.
Speaker 10: No, it's it's an over the air television service. So you buy a device and then you buy an antenna, yeah, and then you can watch certain local channels I assume for free. Yeah, Network TV shows live sports for free.
Speaker 5: It's over the air, though, it's over the air, and it's probably also on the internet, and they're well, no, it's.
Speaker 10: An antenna and okay. Hold On also offer a monthly service subscription.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody holds tight.