Speaker 1: Shannon I lepal Cast says we had a partly thoughty day to day with a high of eighty six, just a few clouds over night sixty seven, be low tomorrow eighty eight with sunny sky, clear skies over night sixty eight, and a dry Saturday going up to ninety degrees sixty seven degrees. Now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 2: From the UC how Traffic Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities.
Speaker 3: Give the Gift of life.
Speaker 2: Become an organ donor or explore living donation at UC health dot com. Slash transplant northbound seventy five break lifes between Buttermilk and Downtown. It's due to an accident just above Azer Charles. That's over on the right hand side of the ramp of the proms in Charles.
Speaker 3: Now right lanes are open to gift.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven nineteen now fifty five krsit talk station. I'm trying to make it a happy Thursday in studio. Brian Ibol from Help Squad wonderful charity to help Squad describe itself is a self described rather Christian faith collaborative helping struggling working families in West side neighborhoods Shitvy At, Colerain, Dell High and Green townships. So if you know someone who's in, you know, really struggling need and maybe a temporary situation, Brian Ibold is there to help, and he and his team are doing wonderful things. Brian, how long has it been since she's launched the Help Squad?
Speaker 4: So started in twenty twenty when I retire, So we're going about five years now, no kidding, Yeah, wow, I can't believe that much time has flown the Help Squad since he with a wide dot comms where you find them online.
Speaker 1: Give my listeners a couple of illustrations of what you've been able to do for folks of late, you know, the situation that led any given person to your doorstep and your lending support.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean how much time we got you know. I mean we've turned on utilities for people that didn't have water and gas and elector. We've done that, and I when we do that weekly. We've we've fixed repaired cars for single moms that couldn't get to work. That happens quite often. Yeah, we've given I think this is the last time I've been on here, we've probably gifted four cars.
Speaker 3: I mean people will donate cars. That's wonderful.
Speaker 4: We take it to Broken Foles right behind Ward Way Fuels over there in the heart of Green Township and they fix the cars for free up to ten thousand dollars a year. That's what Matt Broken Foles does. So if you're a car fix go to Matt Brogan and Broken Foles because they give, I mean they give, They give ten grand. Now could you imagine if five other service stations in Green Township or Dala High if they gave ten grand to we even never spend a penny on fixing a car, and that would save us money to give to more people. See, that's our visions called out exactly. Come well, I'm easy to find in this.
Speaker 1: In this sixtent is more broadly because you've helped folks with you know, issues inside their homes. So like contractors, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, lotty dotty, everybody, we need everybody.
Speaker 3: This is we're not going to pull this.
Speaker 4: Off b ourselves, me, me, Sam Jasper and our crew or our board members aren' gonna be able to pull this off. We need everybody involved, you know, and that's our visions. Try to get the entire community together, and that's part of my job, and that's one of the reasons I was doing an interview with Channel five yesterday with Shari, and that's one of the reasons I'm here today. And we're gonna keep going until we get to the right person who wants to do something. You know, just real, quil, what we're talking about the city. You know, there are fifty two neighborhoods in the city. Do you know how many of those that the Help Squad covers?
Speaker 3: None?
Speaker 4: Do you think that there's anybody in these fifty two neighborhoods that need the same type of help that we give four places or four areas in Hamilton County?
Speaker 3: Of course there is. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know what would be a great idea, What about a meeting with the mayor? This is we give hope and we give healing to a city that really needs some right now. Could you imagine if we had to help Squad Ammondale, help Squad Evanston, to help Squad Madison, help Squad Westwood. There are people struggling. Do you know ever since we've had probably ten requestss the interview yesterday, they're all in the city. Like, we can't help the people in the city.
Speaker 1: You're limited in your ability because of limited funding, limited resources, manpower, if you want to call it that, right, So that's why you've chosen the West Side communities to focus on. That's where you're from, and you know there is need there. That's the other There's certainly need.
Speaker 4: There's need everywhere, don't get me wrong, but I'm certain there is need in these fifty two neighborshood neighborhoods, and just real quick, just just for the numbers here. So if you take a single mother and she has a let's say her car breaks down, it's a five hundred dollars car repair. What most people don't understand, these aren't the people smoking weeds, sitting on their rear end and playing Xbox all day. These are hard working Americans that are trying to survive. They're making ends meet, their single parents a lot or their families that are struggling. You know, I grew up with a single mom. I saw at firsthand how she struggled. Our lights were off at one time, Okay, so these people, So let's say she has a five hundred dollars car pant. She doesn't have the money to fix that, her friends don't have money to fix it, she don't Usually the people in this position don't have credit. They can't put it on a credit card, they don't have credit. So what happens is the mother who has this five hundred dollars car repair, can't get it fixed, can't get to work, doesn't make money, and gets evicted. And now she becomes homeless. And she's part of the statistic. Once she gets on this on government assistance, it's going to cost taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars. If you just would have gave me the five hundred dollars to pay her car payment, we wouldn't be dealing with any of this. It's a win win, win win for everybody.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you've just decided to describe what the original intent of social welfare programs was all about, to provide a temporary bridge to get you, to get you through the problems until you are capable of, you know, going back into the workforce and contributing to society.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right.
Speaker 1: Nobody can use the help squad as a permanent crutch.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. And that's a perfect point to bring up. So we helped seventy three families last year in twenty twenty four, roughly fifty of those families had requested assistance with rent to avoid eviction, which ultimately leads to homelessness. My wife is a realer with hooting ridler. She tells me, you do not want an eviction on your record because nobody is going to ever again wants you to be in their in their house, uh, you know, a rent to you. So it's it's a it's a very big thing. You don't want the the eviction uh to go forward, you know. So we tried to prevent that. But out of the fifty families that we helped and we paid and we avoided eviction for them and we avoided the homelessness, uh, less than ten requested help again, meaning we filled that small financial gap to keep the fill that and to keep them moving forward with their regular lives, making ends meet and continuing forward. That's forty families. Man, do you know what that would have cost the tax pairs? So if you give it seriously, if let's just say, I'm just throwing to figure out, you give us a million dollars, we're gonna save you five million.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense? Like it does.
Speaker 4: I'm banging my head against car to wards like no one wants to listen to me. I've talked to some of the county commit I've tried to get down to the city hall. I don't know what it takes, you know, to get someone to listen to us.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you you vet those who are asking for the resource. We certainly do you, unlike most government programs who aren't interested in being accountable to the taxpayer dollar. Because they get these budgets and they have the money already, they don't have to be responsible, accountable for making sure it goes to those truly in need and worthy of it to get to pass this little hurdle, rather than just giving to someone who intends to stay on the program. Yeah, that's what makes your program efficient, that's what makes it very successful, and I applaud your efforts in that regard. We'll bring Brian back because they've got a couple of events that you can help out with and help the organization. Of course, if you're out there, you're in the trade. You have your own automobile repair shop. You want to help out Brian and the help squad over on the West side. Of course, you're a resource that they would love having available and you'll help fulfill this wonderful mission seven twenty six. Right now, if you have kc DE talk station USA and I've been talking about ninety nine dollars a month interest free for USA's premium phone. And given the energy savings brought by USA's premium foam which has the highest r value on the market, so many listeners and homeowners have saved more than the payment on their energy bills, so it's real guaranteed savings from USA. They're throwing in an extra goodie. You have until the end of the month. Schedule the appointment before the end of the month and you get the phone. You pay for the phone going into the exterior walls at ninety nine dollars a month, you get a free attic insulation. What a great deal that is. USA insulation always the right thing to do, regardless of what deals, save you money every month and provide instant improvement and comfort, plus a twelve hundre dollars energy tax next year when you're doing your taxes three eight one three six two six five one three three eighty one phone. Remember just until the end of the month. For the free attic insulation find them online USA Insulation dot.
Speaker 3: Net fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Here's your channeline first one to leablecasts partly fidy day to day with a high of eighty six over night, a couple of clouds in a low of sixty seven Sunday tomorrow eighty eight for the high clear of a night sixty eight and dry and ninety degrees.
Speaker 3: On Saturday, Hot one sixty eight. Now let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 2: From the ucl Trampeg Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant are from multicultural communities.
Speaker 3: Get the gift of life.
Speaker 2: Become an organ donor or explorer living donation at U seehealth dot com. Slash transplant north Pound seventy five improving Just a couple of extra minutes needed now between Buttermilk and Downtown. Minimal delays again, pass what's left to the accident northbound seventy five above Azer Charles on the right, Chuck ingram Mon fifty five KR.
Speaker 3: See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty on a Thursday and a happy one to you, Ryan Eyebol from the Health Squad along with Sidekicked Westside Jim Kiefer, who's remaining quiet. He's not feeling real well today and that's why I asked my listeners to pray for Jim. He's in remission with his cancer, but he's struggling with some pain issues. So everyday occurrence and God bless each and every cam suffer out there. We got your back here in the morning show, Brian Ibold, you got your back for folks in need. You did a wonderful job explaining how how important your organization is and how important it is for us to help those folks get over those little speed bumps and likes so they don't end up permanently affixed with the social welfare system. So I applaud your efforts and thanks for all the Thanks to you for all the folks that you've helped out over the past five years the Help Squad. Since you with thewy dot com or you can get details on a couple of events that are coming up. Let's briefly dress first, the Help Squad Annual golf fundraiser taking place at Pebble Creek Golf Course, and Events Center that's coming up on August sixteenth, fast approaching. Are there still some slots available for that one?
Speaker 4: There are, there's a couple. There's some slots for golfers, and more importantly, there's some spots for some sponsorship opportunities.
Speaker 1: Sponsors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check us out. You know, they got the website. We certainly could use to help with that. And just just to reitererate. You know, one hundred percent of every donation goes to wards helping people. I don't get paid, our board don't get paid. We're doing this for free, very important part. Yeah, you know, and that's what really really irks me. You know, like you think United Way, like all I'm going to have part of a paycheck go United Way. And they may do some wonderful things, but their overhead is massive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean salaries that they pay.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's like you're lucky if you get what seventy five cents on the dollar that you donate to go actually for charitable work with you, it's one hundred percent. You're not taking anything out of the till.
Speaker 4: No, now you give me what one of those guys make, I'll change the entire landscape of the West.
Speaker 3: Side is a good one.
Speaker 1: Pride, I hold, all right, But you got something else going on with my friend Tom Brenneman, who's currently speaking on over at seven hundred. I don't want to have to give him promotion because I don't want listeners to turn off the radios. But Tom is an outstanding guy, I'll tell you, dude, and he's helping you out as well.
Speaker 4: He is so so on August twenty thirds, it's a Saturday, from nine am to eleven am, Tom is going to come out and speak at Bucketheads. That's my favorite place in the world to go. And he's coming to Bucketheads and we're gonna have coach Michelle from the UC baseball team. He's going to kind of host it, and then Tom's going to speak, and well that's cool, yeah, And I'll mc it a little bit. Maybe I'll write up some new material, some comedy stuff, maybe try to make some people laugh.
Speaker 3: Probably won't happen, but.
Speaker 1: Typical Westsiders he's got a running video sort of like web series. There you go, the Typical Westsiders, which is very, very funny. Brian's behind that effort, and you do record that at Bucketheads too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we do a lot bucket you know.
Speaker 4: So, like I said, we started about five years ago with the help squad, and Tom Scott of the owner of Bucketheads, has just been man.
Speaker 3: He has been our number one supporter.
Speaker 4: It was our first fundraiser there, I think we made, you know, five hundred bucks and we were going to save the world with five hundred dollars, and you know, and just to see the advancement of the progress we've made in the last four and five years. You know, it started out, hey, let's help a few people here and there, and this is a corporation. This has become a forty hour work week, not for just myself, but even for Sam. You know, Sam's been on here many times. I'm fortunate I'm retired, yeah, you know, and I can put my thirty five forty hours in a week of doing this. Sam works for the full time job. Sam's doing like seventy hours a week, and so is Carrie. We have a carry went on our team. She works full time and she's doing this like eighty hours a week. I don't know, you know, So everybody's put in a lot of effort for others. You know that we're not getting anything out of this. Accept the reward and being the hands of feet of Jesus Christ. Well, and you know, isn't that important Because I've always said about my charity, it's okay for you to feel good personally for helping someone out. That's kind of the reward that you get from being charitable. You're fulfilling God's mission. If this, if you're a person of Christian faith or maybe other faiths, feel the same way. Helping out folks that are on life's margins get over their struggles, maybe encourage them to pursue the faith themselves. Considering where your charitable motivation came from, it's like prostlytizing. It's a foot in the door toward perhaps them getting some enlightenment.
Speaker 1: And I know that's part of your goal, Brian, and I think it's a laudable goal.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. You know, I have.
Speaker 4: I have a few tattoos, and uh, if you know, people see with the tattoos, they immediately long hair and tattoos, they're become intimidated. But if if someone just take the few, well I do look a little odd. But if you took the time and just looked some of the tattoos, they're all Christian, you know, I know Christian tattoos. And it says here, and this is the one I always refer to the most, especially with the Help Squad stuff. It says, I am my brother's keeper. I didn't put that on my skin just as a joke. We are our brother's keeper. You how do I sleep at night sound knowing that they're a family h enchiviot with a single mom and three kids are sleeping on the floor. How do you do that? You know, I don't think you're human if you can do that. And that's the stuff we're doing every day, all day of the week. You know, that's what the Help Squad is. And it's just such a rewarding feeling and we're not going away. Someone's going to have to We're gonna have to get some sort of spot sponsorship from, you know, some big companies, because let me tell you something, the days of playing split the pot and raffle baskets, that's about over for us. Like it's time to either or get off the pot. I mean, something has to really, we're gonna need some big sponsors here coming up, or we're gonna have to figure out some other things.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: On that happy note, I'll remind folks the Help Squad since you with the y dot com, there are all kinds of opportunities for you to help out. If you're in the trades, help out by dedicating some time for some folks, you know, fix up projects that they deal with. If you have a check in your hand, or you have an opportunity financially to donate, of course you can easily do that on the website as well. And maybe you have some just free time to help out in some way. I'm sure they'll accept your help. So volunteer work, cash contributions, sponsorships, whether it's maybe for the annual golf fundraiser or just being a sponsor of the Help Squad. Generally speaking, corporate sponsors are all welcome. And thanks to all those folks who have stepped up, which you have on your website, so like Broken Folds you mentioned, you got link to the buckettheads there and all these other organizations that have helped you out, And thanks to all of them for doing so. If only more people would step up, we'd have a lot fewer problems, right.
Speaker 3: We could change this. I guarantee it we could change it. Well.
Speaker 1: Keep up the great work, Brian, you've done wonderful work so far. And all to the team over at the help Squad, thank you very much. And Jim Keefer, I know you've been quiet today. It's good scene, real quiet. Sorry, good scene anyway.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Well you know, maybe we've got some prayers coming your way next time I see you have a big smile on your face, free of pain. Let's hope that's something he's praying for too. It's seven thirty seven right now. More to talk about, Joel, open up the phone lines. Maybe you got something to say, feel free to call. Don't go away because coming about eight oh five, Jed Harding's with some great stuff happening at the Cincinnati Classical Academy. Folks lined up around the corner to get their kids into that place for good reason. Plus I hurt me the aviation expert Jay Rattler, if he'll be on at eight thirty as is typically the case. Right now, though, I want to mention Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning for all your hvas he needs. You want to get an upgrade, you can get an upgrade. You want some repair work done, call Zimmer had been third general. This is third generation Chris Zimmer. Congratulations taking the helm and carrying on the proud family tradition. You have at Zimmer Heat Eating air Conditioning, representing the company the invented air conditioning carrier. And that's where the fifteen hundred dollars and fifteen hundred and fifty dollars rebate comes in. If your system's belly up, you need to replace it. Never a good time to have to do that, but a better time now because you can say fifteen hundred and fifty bucks. So take the sting out of the replacement of your HVAC system. The experts at Zimmer will take great care of you, known for their great customer service and outstanding pricing. To schedule appointment and learn more about the company and all the services they offer, go Zimmer dot com upper right hand corner for the appointment even after hours upper right hand corner, go Zimmer dot com or call them directly at five P one three five one ninety eight ninety three. That's five two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC. Think of a single