Speaker 1: Because Fuck You That's Why is a founding member of the Odd Pods Media Network.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to episode to ninety seven of BFY tw Because fuck You That's Why.
Speaker 3: Nothing personal, It's all personal.
Speaker 2: It's sort of personal. So we are going to have some fun today. We're just doing a regular, normal show, just just to hang out, standard play some games, have some fun. For those who don't know, If this is your first ever episode of b fygw welcome, But also this is a panel show inspired podcast. We are going to play very silly games and try and make each other laugh and have a great time doing it. It's how it always goes. Considering we've done two hundred and ninety seven of these, I would hope we've been having fun.
Speaker 4: Somebody's using us.
Speaker 2: We're doing the sitser Will Where.
Speaker 4: Did you hide those time?
Speaker 2: Like twice?
Speaker 3: So many times have you not.
Speaker 2: Noticed Mexico fifty times? And no one stopped it?
Speaker 3: No one stopping.
Speaker 2: We are just three episodes away from three.
Speaker 4: Hundred from the Big Ones. Yes, Yes, the.
Speaker 2: Big Eie, Big Eie, the episode that I have genuinely planned and worked harder for than any other episode we've ever done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for more than half the year more than.
Speaker 2: It's this episode has been a year. We started making plans, we got we arranged flights a year ago, right.
Speaker 4: Which we'll get into that later, I'm sure. Yeah, probably next week because I know we have a fun week of fun games for this week you have to get through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are going to play some standard We're going to play some games. But our next episode is planned to be a chill episode where we can just relax and just talk and we'll probably talk about that stuff then. But I just wanted to hype you up.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, give them a look case.
Speaker 2: We're looking forward to episode three hundred. It is b FY tw does task Master with five of the funniest people we know. We are going to have an absolute plans Sorry, six of the funniest people we know. There's a lot of correct, there's a lot of people. There's a lot Yes, a lot of people are helping us behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Which is amazing.
Speaker 2: But we're doing the whole thing live in front of an audience at the peak improp the or in Colorado Springs in well, when this goes out, it'll be it'll literally be the weekend, like like the week Yeah, the weekend of like a couple of days after this episode. If you're hearing this, if you're hearing this, no, this episode comes out on Thursday, right. If you're hearing this, you've got one day to get yours.
Speaker 4: Unless you're part of Patreon, then they got Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you're a part of Patreon, you've got a little extra time. But it's it's it's coming down to it. It is coming down to it, and we are so excited we cannot wait. But for now we are going to have to wait, and we're just gonna play a lot of games. Speaking of which he's been talking a lot. Somebodys will make him go first. He's a veteran and a podcaster, and technically a veteran podcaster, it's Stevie.
Speaker 4: I'm certified.
Speaker 3: I almost hit the wrong one.
Speaker 4: Which one were you going to hit?
Speaker 3: The gay Leapers Shingle.
Speaker 4: Taking over the gate Leaders How it starts. We started taking some of their games, and now we're going to meet and take over their whole show. It's like, nope, America, flag my god them, Oh my god, I'm taking flags a little flags like he is now ours. He's our new.
Speaker 2: Just plant a flag in his shirt, pocket flag.
Speaker 3: This business, this business trip turned to this works.
Speaker 4: Over don't know how all American trips start.
Speaker 2: That's our friend, let's be friend, we're.
Speaker 3: Friendly, flag, we're friendly, over lord. What if he what if he has a flag?
Speaker 4: Though? Then the dude, I don't even know what happened to that point. I ever been like flag drawing?
Speaker 2: If he beats you to it and plants some British.
Speaker 5: Oh man, right, Oh, that would be the funniest damn thing.
Speaker 4: No, I am now where I got to take those other shirts out of my bag now have pockets in them?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, I had a question planned for you and we are currently ruining it, so I'm going to serve us back out of the question. It's Stevie, what is your most recent or newest online obsession?
Speaker 4: Online obsession? Yes, here's the funny thing. I've been offline for the past three days. Have you turned my confuter on until like this afternoon? So I've been like just busy planning ship, so I haven't really.
Speaker 2: Still, what's the most recent thing online that you can think of that you have become obsessed with?
Speaker 4: I will streaming counts, So I'm going to go with the streaming service Oka say one because they don't fucking pay me. But the show that it's on is Peacemaker season two. I'm able to watch season two. There you go and you now were like, oh, after we have dinner, we hang out for but now we go, Sarah, let's watch an episode. One episode becomes three really quick, and the next day it's like always going to watch one before bed, and that one or some ship. Dude, it was insane. Run like episode eight after two days.
Speaker 2: I know exactly how it comes.
Speaker 4: It's so good and say goofy like comic shit and then a fun of everybody. It's wonderful. So I like it. I like it a lot. So that's it.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, fair enough enough. And his opponent he's a gamer and a storyteller, and he used to be my youngest friend. Now he's just aggy. He's a hey, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 3: Ule's going on?
Speaker 2: Same question, what is your newest or most recent online obsession?
Speaker 6: God, Like, you always kind of get dragged. You always try to stay away from like social media stuff, so you get like get away from that stuff, but then you get sucked in somewhere else. So like I've been for some reason watching just like a lot of videos of people freaking out about Valve's new Steam Box.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, because they're like the steam Cube game Cube, but it's it would have to be that game cube, Gabe Cube of the game cube.
Speaker 4: How amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pretty good. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 6: And then like now people are obsessing over like a possibility of half lay three again even.
Speaker 3: Though there's like no evidence of that.
Speaker 2: Of course not, of course not they're going.
Speaker 6: But but yeah, it's looking kind of cool. So I've just kind of been keeping a praise to that just because it's something different. It's also really cool to see like like learning how Valve is, like you can't go we learned today like Valve doesn't have like stock at all, you don't you can't go and invest in Valve.
Speaker 3: They are a private company.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, they're still privately.
Speaker 6: Yeah, privately, And it's just yeah, it's it's really cool how they take like the stance like people flipping out about the whole AI tags not wanting AI tags and ship even though it's like that's the whole point of tags is.
Speaker 3: To tell you exactly what's in the buying.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, like I understand having a negative response to the AI tags themselves, right, but not their existence, right, Like their existence is kind of important. You can pooh poo any game with AI tags on it that you want.
Speaker 6: It'd be like saying oh, or like f p s is are very common, so you don't even have to have the FPS tag on any game, Like, well, then how do you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything should be tagged appropriately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think part of the part of the backlash against is from people who are pro AI, who are like, oh, they're gonna shoot on this game immediately because of AI because of A. Well that's not because of the tag, that's because of the AI you dipped. You.
Speaker 6: If you're allowed to avoid a gang with the tag l g B t Q on it, then we're allowed to avoid a gang with AI.
Speaker 2: Tag, and you're you're pretty much dead on that. The people who would avoid that are the people who are pro Naturally anyway, I'm your host pants Sarah and Augie hit it some stars for and my quote unquote my recent online obsession. I have been I finally, finally, after twenty goddamn years, been sucked into smash. Smash. So, for those who don't know, Smash was one of the very first YouTube hits. In fact, they are still and will always be the first YouTube channel to reach a thousands of describers wow, and they currently have twenty seven million.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: They've literally been going for twenty years. But when they first started, I would not have paid a lick of attention to these guys because they're First of all, it was two white guys. It was white guy humor all the way. It was mostly cringe if I'm being honest really, and I would not have been into it. However, they have slowly been getting more and more like progressive over the years, so a lot less gratuitous women in bikinis, a lot a lot less you know, gross humor, and a lot more just like improv fun. Like their games channels is them playing all kinds of games. They have a channel called the Pit, which is you know, like like little social challenges and other just bizarre things. They've recently made it big with by just reading out Reddit stories with the two people on a couch reacting to them, and a lot of those have gone viral. But I have to be honest, the reason I got sucked in the first place was because of Angela Giritana and she is legitimately my fourth celebrity crush.
Speaker 4: Oh really yeah.
Speaker 2: She is so just naturally funny, like one of the most naturally funny people I think I've ever seen in my life. And she makes me laugh so goddamn heart. She is so like comedically brilliant, but also just by nature of who she is. A lot of times she says things wrong, oh, which causes everyone to just break out in laughter, and you know it's it's not like it's incorrect, but it's not exactly what she meant to say. And it's so there's a lot of just naturally funny moments with her, Yes, And I can't point to like a thing she's been in other and Smash. I know that she's been on Dropout a couple of times. She's done to make some noise, and she's been on Game Changer at least once. And I know she also did an episode of Astronauts, and it's she's been funny and all of those. But the weird thing that Dropout does is they put so much makeup on her really like it's it's weird. Like I noticed it because I would watch a Smash video and then I'd watch a Dropout video and in make Some Noise, she is wearing like too much makeup, And I don't know if that's like a deliberate choice of hers, because the makeup artists at Dropout are not would not unnecessarily like but on too much. So, But at the same time I could see her being that'll be funny if I'm just wearing a shitload of makeup, do it? You know. But it threw me because on Smash she doesn't wear it's on nobody does really not. On Smash they're much more laid back, but they're also very, very funny. Everybody on Smash is absolutely hysterical. There is Each cast member has done something that has just had me cackle alone in my bedroom. Yeah, like, you know, just just howling out loud with laughter.
Speaker 4: Those are the good ones, man, When there's nobody around you still like break out that loud. Yeah hell yeah.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: But they got a decent back catalog that I get into. But I'm not going to go too far back anyway. Let's get some games.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 2: Game one is going to be like share block our old favorite news story. I've got three news stories here. All our players have to do is tell me which one I would like, which one I would share, and which one I would block on social media. There is only one correct combination, and whoever gets it right or it comes closest, will win the game and earn one episode point. Our first story, Chinese robot sets Guinness World record for walking one hundred kilometers in three days.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I mean that's far. Don't get me wrong. I couldn't do that now, There's no fucking way one hundred kilometers, I mean three days, that's insanity.
Speaker 2: In science fiction, robots can be scary. They can literally chase you down, run forever. They don't get However, thankfully, thankfully, up until this point, real robots are much clumsier and clunkier things. Some of them can manipulate objects with incredible accuracy, but they're still a far cry from terminators.
Speaker 4: Goodness.
Speaker 2: However, they do seem to be slowly getting there. Yeah, yeah, So the the Agibot I assume Aggy for agility, Agibot A two completed a more than sixty mile hike across the Jiangsu province. Now it wasn't a sprint. The robot took three days to complete the march, but them bot did it independently without human assistance. The only human assistance required was the battery system required swapping the batteries.
Speaker 4: Out, so they can't run on their own.
Speaker 2: Ha ha, Well, they can run for quite some time without shutting off, and they didn't take any steps with human assistance, so they did the walk entirely on their own.
Speaker 4: That's scary. It cool but scary, but at least we know the batteries still their weakness.
Speaker 2: And the robots still performed better than a lot of people probably would, walking sixty miles in three days.
Speaker 4: No scavengers trying to like wait.
Speaker 2: I think I'd just be collapsed.
Speaker 4: I'd be eating something I shouldn't, like some track.
Speaker 2: It is pretty much human size, standing at five feet six is tall and weighing about one hundred and fifty two pounds.
Speaker 4: It's my size. What the fuck? They're cloning the air and I knew it starting with the skeleton part, and.
Speaker 2: The company that founded it has sold more than a thousand of the machines.
Speaker 4: Craw much. They all want one, do you though, Well, yeah, then I don't have to go to school, do you. I'll put my face on it, like not my real face, not like face off. Like silicon and I'll print out like a mask of my face. I'll take a picture like this.
Speaker 2: That always works.
Speaker 4: Like we'll flip some burger show almost secret play video games. And that's how the robots took us over.
Speaker 6: Because I mean, it's cool, book, it's cool a robot like walk sixty miles. Yeah, but I've also seen a robot walk like six feet and then face plant into the cement.
Speaker 4: I mean that's yeah, good point, good point. The technology is not consistent.
Speaker 3: It's not consistent, so not yet, No, thank goodness, dread tread seems to still be the thing. Yeah, it's just for traversal. Get stuck on.
Speaker 4: I mean, the gyroscopes are doing well, but not.
Speaker 3: The problem you see. The thing is.
Speaker 6: Is the sensors, right is because as humans, we kind of have like this other sense where we can kind of be aware of where our limbs are at any given time without looking at them.
Speaker 3: Like think about it.
Speaker 6: You know where you're if you lay on your back and put a blanket over your body and you just have just laying back, move your limbs around, you know exactly where you limbs are without physically seeing them. Not everything can do that. Robots need a sensor to know where their limbs are. Otherwise they're constantly bumping into shit or tripping over themselves.
Speaker 2: I mean, technically, don't so do we aren't they called nerves instead of sensors.
Speaker 3: Not so much nerves. The thing, there's a weird there's a weird study out there.
Speaker 6: We'll have to look it up, but there's a weird study out there where we might have more than.
Speaker 2: The I'm like, the only way to test it would be if like you were paralyzed and literally didn't have access to those nerves. But then what is the point of being aware of your body if you can't move it all anyway?
Speaker 4: But phantom limb thing you still feel.
Speaker 6: I would encourage anyone to look it up because it's really interesting because there's a study that we have more than five senses. We have like close to seven and yeah, and one of which is the ability to know where our limbs are without physically sense of presence.
Speaker 3: That's like a weird sense of presence of science?
Speaker 4: All right, science.
Speaker 2: Science, Speaking of science, The next story, AI Teddy Bear inexplicably pulled from market after giving kids b DSM advice that science and talking about where to find the knives.
Speaker 4: Where was this when my body was around back in the fucking eighties? And ship when Jockey came out, you got my buddy doll like perfect, Like that would have been amazing.
Speaker 2: This is Teddy Ruxman, your one weird uncle edition.
Speaker 4: It is. He was already weird when the batteries got low. But holy fuck, dude, I even think about Teddy Rouxman.
Speaker 2: Hey, kids, you want to know where to find knives?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you remember Teddy Trucksman?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, I could remember where it was.
Speaker 6: It was early on, but like I remember the commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is called this is called and I'm not making this up the comma Teddy Bear. Now, I'm sorry, the comma Teddy Bear.
Speaker 4: And how would you spell that? Sir?
Speaker 3: K U m m Are they shows for kids? Coma come Come, Come, come, something about a chameleon.
Speaker 2: It might it might actually be pronounced kuma because in Japanese Kuma means bear. Oh that would, but it has two ms instead of one, so that's why I'm pronouncing it coma. That makes it worse. Even this Teddy Bear is equipped with an AI powered computer system and a speaker so that they can hold conversations with kids.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: However, research found that those conversations can easily go past PG thirteen. A group studying toy safety found that Comma would not steer the conversation away if it was given a slightly naughty prompt. In fact, it would really get into it, really escalating the conversation with even more graphic details. If asked, it might tell you how to light a match, or where knives are usually kept an ouse.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yes man, how do we get one of these fuckers? And how much is it?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately?
Speaker 4: Tell me?
Speaker 2: Ununfortunately. Following the report, the manufacturer pulled the Teddy Bear from the market. We are not adding a fourth member to b F y tw only for it to be a Teddy Bear with an AI computer.
Speaker 4: Under no circle fucking amazing, no Patreon. What do you guys think? Would you like a Teddy.
Speaker 6: Bear in the corner talking I stay AI for you as long as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, forget that ship. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to talk about and surveillance intrusive enough for you, Like, why do you want another thing?
Speaker 4: I don't want that. I just wanted to talk about BDS them in the background. It doesn't have to be a I.
Speaker 6: The FBI that has listen to the ship on a daily base already fucking thinking.
Speaker 3: About ending at all artificial intelligence, Like.
Speaker 4: Use your distant nine mil pop off from a white van.
Speaker 3: We're going to have like a little toaster situation.
Speaker 4: You've drone them all to suicide.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is this, You could have got one because it was affordable. When it was still available, it sold for ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 4: It's not bad. How much does it do for now?
Speaker 2: Probably a lot more because it's off the market black market. The sales pitch, the product description says, come are adorable. Bear combined combines advanced artificial intelligence with friendly interactive features, making it the perfect trend for both kids and adults.
Speaker 4: You know, scary, that's the problem adults, And it's a durable and companion. I'm sorting one. There was other intentions with this bear. Others.
Speaker 6: They were thinking to themselves, all, this thing is gonna be because it's AI, it can be with this person like the majority of their life, which I get, which is probably why they're like, oh yeah, adults, which is probably why it has no issue getting into the sexual part of.
Speaker 3: It, because you grow up. Yeah, because once you hit puberty, there that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Like, why is it when you touch me? I get funny feelings? What what.
Speaker 6: Being like?
Speaker 3: When you grow up you kind of appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just hang in here a closet util you're ready, there's a bike pump.
Speaker 3: It'll talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh God, that'd be weird. Now I'm good man. I don't not need to be doing a robot. I want to become a robot, just like the body part.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, if you want to make that happen, might we might be on the way. Let's move Let's move on to story number three. Researchers create computer chips powered by chatake mushrooms.
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: A research team from Ohio State University has demonstrated that chautake mushrooms could work as part of computer memory components. There, my celium convey electric signals just like conventional electronics, so in a way this discovery makes sense. In a way. The OSU team successfully use chatake mushrooms for data memory storage, although they don't yet hold a candle to actual PC chips.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The test show that there is potential in the fungus they've already tried to teach mushrooms to walk around in robot bodies and this it kind of worked, kind of kind.
Speaker 3: Of makes sense to me because what was that? What's the mushroom my my co my corial, my.
Speaker 6: Corels my corsereal, Like, there's a it's a network where mushrooms are literally connected and connect to all the roots.
Speaker 4: In the forest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's microsorial or whatever their commutal and they and they.
Speaker 3: Literally like regulate the environment around them.
Speaker 2: It's like the World Wide Web, but with a slightly different name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they create their own like and it transmits, it transmits messages from one tree to another, like straight across woods.
Speaker 3: Like it's it's crazy, Like mushrooms are insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can also do a lot. Yeah they can. Oh it's insane. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So fungi are good candidates for building bioelectronics, as they're my celium conduct electricity, much like current semiconductors. And they used it to create what's called a memorist, which is a type of computer component that processes data and can remember past electrical states. For instance, the RAM and the device you're using right now is a memorist. It makes sense so that's what the mushrooms can do. Yeah, imagine can you imagine having mushroom ram in the future.
Speaker 3: I mean, biotechnology is a thing. Yeah, neither way to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's not kind of cool.
Speaker 3: It'd be weird at first, but then what isn't weird at first?
Speaker 6: Differently anyway, but at least this thing is actually living and not just something we created.
Speaker 2: Yes, and providing a function, an actual, real function that actually helps.
Speaker 4: We're mashing mashing organics with freaking cyber.
Speaker 3: Provides a function, not just a replacement.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that's all three of our news stories. We have the robot setting the Guinness record for walking one hundred kilometers in three days. You have the AI teddy Bear pulled from the market after giving kids BDS advice and talking about knives. And finally, researchers have created computer chips powered by chaitake mushrooms. I cannot remember which one of you won. Well, the last game we played was bf epardy either of you played. You both you both helped a lot. Yeah, I think there was only one question that they asked help for. You guys couldn't help just one, but everything else you nailed two.
Speaker 3: So so.
Speaker 2: You go first, let's see here, Well, you just kind of pick somebody. Yeah, so I'm thinking you.
Speaker 6: Like the idea of having a little buddy help you out with your like bds app shit or anything.
Speaker 3: Else, and it's kind of funny just to have like, yeah, like a chucky.
Speaker 4: Doll get that nye Right, that's what I say.
Speaker 6: I think you'd share the mushroom story because yeah, that is kind of like, that is bioengineering. That is something that might be a thing in the future if like something else fails, can it Can that shit be EMP? I don't think that can be EMP. So that might be a good alternative if you think about it. And then you'd probably block the robot thing because it's just a robot walking.
Speaker 3: And who likes walking?
Speaker 4: A good point.
Speaker 3: So the robots are taking our jobs and a recreation what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Okay, So, just to be clear, you like the Teddy Bear, you share the mushrooms, and you block the robot. Yes, okay, Stevie, you may keep one of those, but you have to swap the other two or you can go entirely your own way.
Speaker 4: I don't want all these answers at all, Okay, which way you're going fine, sharing the robot okay, then blocking the AI bear and liking the shrooms.
Speaker 2: Okay, no explanation, that's just what he's picked needed. No explanation you needed. That's just where he's going.
Speaker 4: That's the answers that were there when I looked down at the pad.
Speaker 2: So interestingly, you each have one right. Neither of you is completely right. My correct choices were I blocked the robots setting the Guinness record, so I'll use right about the block. I shared the AI teddy Bear because that's fucking hysterical, not to mention it also paint in a bad light, which I always enjoyed doing. And finally, I liked the computer chips created by staking because the share was instinctive. I just that's so funny to me. But but I blocked the robot because that is honestly more terrifying than the Shatakie. So Steve got my like right, but Augie got my block right, And in the case of a tie, it goes share like block, and so that means Stevie got my like, which means he wins.
Speaker 4: Oh, I wanted, You've won the game.
Speaker 2: You get one episode. Want got my block? But that's the one I like the least. Basically, so that is not that is the lowest one, but share is the best because that's the one I usually like the most in any event. Uh, that's game one. Augie can easily come back. We're gonna play game two. Game two is worth two episode points and we're gonna play it right after this.
Speaker 7: Hey you there, We've got a question for you. Are you tired of clickbaits, tories and the loudest voices driving discussions and culture and entertainment.
Speaker 8: If so, I'm Dylan, I'm Kendall, and I'm Corey, and we host the podcast from the Middle. We're middle class guys living in the middle of America, in the middle chapters.
Speaker 2: Of our lives with points of view Somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 9: We take a more reasonable and centrist approach in our discussions, covering genres like comedy, culture, entertainment, and interviews with really interesting folks like business owners, comic creators, doctors, news anchors, New York Times bestselling illustrators, professional stand up comics.
Speaker 4: And more.
Speaker 9: We really value a relaxed and conversational podcast, one that we hope is so fun and laid back you'll forget you're not actually hanging out with us.
Speaker 7: So search at from the midpod just like it sounds, or check us out everywhere you can find podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey man, welcome back. It's time for game two. Game two is going to be pop culture fight Club thought. Yes, special thanks to Colin Mags for coming up with this concept and and letting us run with it. And we have run with it, especially lately. It's nice it it's had a resurgence. Let's say this is a game of answering a tough question and then defending your position. I'm going to ask each player for the best something or their favorite something from the world of pop culture, and we'll have to explain and defend themselves as best they can. The best answer and defense, as judged by me, will get two episode points this week. I don't know if you can tell by our news stories, but I've been real inspired by technology. There's lots of cool real world technological innovations that are exciting, and none of them use generative AI. But I'm more curious about the world of the imagination. What technology from the world of video games do you most wish we had in real life? And to clarify for anyone who might be listening, because you have the same question me. I am referring specifically to the imaginary technology in the plot and the worlds of these games, not specific game mechanics.
Speaker 3: Okay, to make sure.
Speaker 2: So if somebody said quick time events, I would slap them anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, so stop right there.
Speaker 2: I have to rewrite my entire pitch ship no joke.
Speaker 4: The funny thing that's gonna be my joke answer though, because once we clarify, We're like, okay, that's definitely does.
Speaker 3: Because I'm like, oh yeah, quick say quick load like who wouldn't.
Speaker 4: We know what aaron?
Speaker 3: And then yeah, it's gonna be quick.
Speaker 2: That great, that's funny. That's so funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, but no, we got it, we got legit stuff.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: You lost the last game, so you have the choice do you want to go first or do you want to make Stevie? All right, for that case, go ahead and tell me what is your favorite tech thing from a video game and is it the best?
Speaker 6: So my favorite thing, my favorite tech thing from any video game, and it always has a different name, but it always functions pretty much the same.
Speaker 3: Some people call it the farm Totem. Others call it the Heartstone. Aaron might know it better as the town portal.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, a device of some kind that can be used to teleport you immediately back to your home or a checkpoint or a safe point or a town a specific time that you.
Speaker 3: Set it to or whatever like that. Basically a telbotation device that allows you to return home. It's probably one of my favorite things in any game. It saves so much time.
Speaker 6: It also provides you kind of like the freedom to explore because you know you're never going to get truly lost, because no matter how where you go, you can always get home, like in an instant compared to wherever you go.
Speaker 3: You can avoid danger with it. If you're in a dangerous area and you need to get the fuck out. Yeah, Hasten's return trips.
Speaker 6: You go somewhere far away, like say on a vacation or something, or just another continent, you could always get right back home instantaneously.
Speaker 4: It would be nice, no no traffic, and sh rush.
Speaker 6: It's usually a device is and again it varies depending from video game you get it from. Like the Hearthstone, it's literally like a carved runic stone that you have in your backpack or you're on your person somewhere.
Speaker 4: You literally grab it, you hold on to it.
Speaker 6: I don't even know where it's like, it's always different because in in whirl Craft, like, they always do different animations for it, so it's never clear for you are are you whispering into it?
Speaker 3: Are you beating it with our hammer?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: It depends on the character you play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's never really clear on that one. But like at the town poral, it's usually like a poral you open it up. Sometimes it's a one time use thing and you have to go get replacements, yeah, or a totb yeah or something like that that is multiple. And then like the farm totem from like Stardo, same idea. It was literally a totem that teleports you to a larger totem that is on your farm, so no matter where you are on the map, you can always instantly get back to your place.
Speaker 4: Would raise emergency device, Yeah, something's happening.
Speaker 3: It's agency device.
Speaker 4: I can get home if I just grab this one, because this one's from my parents.
Speaker 3: A temporal eject button.
Speaker 4: Yes exactly, that's tight.
Speaker 2: All right, well fair, I like it. What do you say to people who would suggest that teleportation actually kills you mm and then resurrects another person with your DNA and your memories, but the original person no longer exists. This is a real question that has been bopped back and forth, specifically specifically in Star Trek, but I feel it applies to teleportation as well.
Speaker 3: Other person because if it does, that's what it does.
Speaker 6: If it's not just up breakdown of like molecules and then reconfiguring them back up to another spot. If it is straight up a it kills you and then just fucking redne like you keep all you retain, all your memories and ship.
Speaker 4: Though right like all your experiences, all.
Speaker 3: Your experiences, all your memories or critics say that's.
Speaker 2: No longer you like, that's another version of you.
Speaker 4: Why are your atoms destroyed or they all attacked when they transfer?
Speaker 2: I mean again referring just to Star Trek and nothing else. The way it works is the molecules that are made up on the planet's surface or wherever you're going don't come from the ship themselves. The ship sends the energy down, which then reconstitutes you from nearby molecules or I assume air reconstitutes mare.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, if you're If you're broken down to your atoms and those atoms are reconstructed back in the correct order, that's still you. If the atoms are destroyed and they are grabbing other particles from other ship to create you, yeah, you're something else, which is the memories like a robot.
Speaker 6: The question, the real question is is how does it know to like the specific memories?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Like, I know you don't remember everything, but brain can remember some ship that you would never think about.
Speaker 4: But all that can be saved in light. We've already proven you can store stuff in light crystals and whatnot.
Speaker 3: It is, it is quite interesting, and it is.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: It is tough.
Speaker 6: But I would argue that you are shedding so much skin on a daily basis that your entire outer part of your body is not the same.
Speaker 3: Like, as you age, you are a different person. Cells die and then are and then are.
Speaker 6: Like reformed and grow and stuff like that. So you naturally do become a different person you age. So to get teleported in the DIDA and then come back is really not that much different.
Speaker 4: Damn nice. I like, yeah, it is fun, all right, Stevie.
Speaker 2: It is your turn. What would you pitch to me outside of quick time events. You son of a bitch.
Speaker 4: It's so fun. Yeah, that's great. Well, it's the other thing we mentioned earlier. I said this before the show too. No, he's brought it up a couple of times. But I'm gonna specialize it more, be more specific in it than just the one thing. So I'm gonna say in a way character customization. A'llah, like Saints Row or even Cyberpunk, you have the ability to change not just your appearance and what items you want, but your actual statistics. You can change your skills. Like, that's what I want to bring this world, Like, you know what, for dumb fucking reason, I feel like running a fucking mile or one hundred miles because I want to beat that fucking robot stupid record. I'm gonna put all my shit in the endurance and fucking strength and speed or some shit like to be able to like reroll your stats, like you can go and like, no, I'm gonna chance this for today, or I gotta pass this stupid test. Yeah, i'd use it for fucking Malicia shit like cheating. I don't give a fuck I cheated a test. I don't care. I'm not gonna math no more, but like to be able to actually go in I'm like, I want to be able I can change my entire style just by going into like this little thing in my room, like dude, dupe, Oh no, now I got a hair. How fucking awesome would that be? Like you could change anything about yourself in any those type of formats. Then, like, if you do want to go like the cyberpunk way of customization, yeah, you have the ability to add tech to yourself you want. We don't just have to have those fucking calculator watches. Man, your arm could be a calculator watch, like it could be anything.
Speaker 2: So you're just referring to augmentation as a whole. Yeah, and not just genetic, but also.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not just like you can customize yourself, you have the ability to change how you want to be, how you really are truly on the inside if you want, if you want to go that moral type.
Speaker 3: Of games that do have like mcguffins or specific.
Speaker 2: But and and here's the thing that I want to want to throw Cebe's way. This is the problem that I genuinely have with this is that of the time this is reserved for the rich or the powerful right, not often the technology that poor people can get a hold of.
Speaker 4: That's true. But luckily we're creating this so we have the ability to cater to who we want, which would be everyone.
Speaker 6: You're just like I would make sure everybody has I put all my skills.
Speaker 2: And rich.
Speaker 4: Like, you know what, Fuck everybody, guys, we're starting a superhero thing now. B FYGW has become superheroes. We're the only ones where that fuck everybody else? Why because fuck you, that's why it's ours. We came up with this. It'd be cool and Patreon will give you guys like little like sidekicks, superpowers and ship. They get five dollars.
Speaker 2: See five dollars a month, have your own mini superpower.
Speaker 4: I can jump three inches.
Speaker 2: Addition to their vertical leap.
Speaker 4: But for some reason it'll actually become beneficial for him, like they gotta make that extra like a little bit that jub over a cliff or some ship. That's when they're poweracted. My god, like the fucking five million dollar man, six million dollars man. It could takes a noise.
Speaker 3: That's why Steve would be a supervillains Like.
Speaker 2: We have to clip that. That's fu hysterical. Okay, so I have to decide. I mean I like them both.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe good.
Speaker 2: Teleportation I feel like just would naturally be the most useful superpower of all the supers. You could have.
Speaker 3: The most convenient instantaneous, like.
Speaker 2: Somebody is being an asshole, teleport them into outer space away from people like you, not like you teleport them into the center of this if.
Speaker 6: You want the whole total just instantly, if you want to know, like a realistic tic because like with a heartstone, you basically like talk to the fucking innkeeper and the innkeeper does something and then you're bound to that ind that so you can teleport all the ways back to that in in like a realistic setting, it would need basically you would need just the transmitter and the receiver, so it would be just wherever the receiver is, that's.
Speaker 3: What you get teleported to. Someone just be home. You could wherever you have that receiver parked, I.
Speaker 2: Throw it, yeah, the edge of it, and then teleport the guy.
Speaker 4: Just say where you want to go and whip it at somebody. Uh bam, that's a nod.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Yeah, ten thousand feet straight up.
Speaker 3: Bam.
Speaker 4: That would be dude, next D and D story. I want to play a wizard so bad? What do you do at picking up rocks? Why? I'm a rock collector, just like little pebbles and ship fucking casting like contact spells onto them, whipping at motherfucker's Like, why is that wizards deck so high?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, he's always scared of this, a little bag of marbles or some ship. They're all teleport spell.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, But where do you go? Yeah, I'm gonna give it to age. I think the reportation.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of having to be able to respect. I would gladly trade my balls to have a little bit more charisma.
Speaker 4: Everybody else.
Speaker 2: I made that, although once I have the chrisma, then I'd want the balls back. But anyway, regardless, we're a little bit of strength or speed. You know, I definitely have the speed less wind drag.
Speaker 3: Anyway, a dynamic aero dynamics.
Speaker 2: My balls collect the gum on the floor. They do they drag anyway. Wins this game?
Speaker 4: He gets too very nice.
Speaker 2: It is two to one in Augie's favor, but Stevie can still win the game. Somebody's gonna win. We're not gonna have a tie. Game three is for three episode points and we're gonna play that right after this.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you're in the Western New York area and you are a fan of the Green, head on over to Peace, Love and Bud at three twenty self Transit Road in Lockport, New York. Tell them bfytwsentcha able to hook you up.
Speaker 2: Hey man, welcome back. It's time for the cost is correct. I've got three recent auctions that have sold, and our players are going to take turns bidding to try to bid as close as they can to the final auction price without going over. We're doing final bids rules because there are only two of you, So you guys are gonna bid back and forth and keep upping your bid and upping your bid and upping your bid until I announce final bids. And that will either happen when one of you is very close to the final auction price or one of you has gone over. Remember yes again, so when you hear final bids, be very very careful.
Speaker 4: Be very scared, and quiet. Bay we very quiet, yeah, still be quiet, very very quiet.
Speaker 2: All right, Stevie, since you lost last game, you're gonna bed first on this one our first cinema for bids is this sushi robot? What the Suzumo SSN dash fra sure Atama machine. Sushi robot is fully working and in used conditions. There are some scratches in dirt, but otherwise it's in excellent condition. Uh, and serves sushi and has a full led front plate that you can make choices on, spin the dishes around. It's a fully working sushi robot.
Speaker 3: Ez bake Oven does sushi.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna take a robot and put a fucking knife in its hand. Look at a fucking sick over again.
Speaker 2: It is Listen, it's it's work, work working. I'm tested, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like it's real's scary.
Speaker 2: Stevie. Uh, you gotta tell me how much did this go for?
Speaker 4: Three hundred dollars? All right?
Speaker 2: Age? Nine hundred dollars, Stevie?
Speaker 4: Wow? Two thousand dollars, four thousand dollars, Stevie, what? Six thousand dollars? Why?
Speaker 3: Ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask for final box.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stay You're gonna.
Speaker 2: Stay on six thousand, Sure, f Ogie, it doesn't make sense for you to overbid, but I'm gonna give you the option anyway. Ten thousand, okay, ten thousand and what it is the actual final auction price of this Japanese sushi robot eight three dollars is over and Stevie wins that listing. Stevie has the first one. There are only two. There are only two listings left in AGI. You need both of these, so be very very careful. Here's our next item of forbids is the is an industrial robot arm? What this robot arm assembly is the universal you are ten e industrial collaborative robot. It is used, It is working in working condition, but it does have some scratches and discoloration. This robotic arm assembly listing can be yours. If the cost is correct, you get to start us off this.
Speaker 3: Oh goody four thousand, four thousand.
Speaker 2: Stevie.
Speaker 4: I was like, dude, I don't want this because I could be like the Winter Soldier and ship. And then you are talking about how people masturbated with it. Now they're throwing it up on the slightly. Yeah, I was wearing the palm that's sucked up.
Speaker 2: Where what's for industrial use?
Speaker 4: That just means it was a guy who was well hung. That's oh god, no, I don't want speed. Don't use robot arms in any mature sexual situations.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 4: You can use it to brace yourself and the whole down to the ground. That's it.
Speaker 2: Look, I can actually show you a picture of it. You wanted to see it. There's no lube or no sexual.
Speaker 3: Glued shut.
Speaker 4: From overuse. I'm going to do how much did you say for? Four thousand? Yeah, six thousand robot arm here to please, ten thousand Stevie, twelve thousand, ogy Wow, sixteen final bits.
Speaker 2: Fuck. I just love Stevie's instant reaction. So the universal you are a Tenny Industrial robot arm. The Industrial Collaborative Robot Final auction price fourteen thousand, nine ninety five. Augie's over again and Stevie winn.
Speaker 4: I got a robot in a robot arm. I'm gonna make a fight each other.
Speaker 2: Do you want to play the last one? Just for fun?
Speaker 4: Fuck? Yeah, I bet you have something to do with robots.
Speaker 2: Could be Oh my god. All right, here is our final item up forbids. It's a humanoid robot. The Unit tree g One Educational Humanoid Robot is a cutting edge educational toy designed to help children learn about robotics and artificial intelligence. The robot is equipped with a range of sensors and interactive features that allow kids to explore the world of robotics in a fun and engaging way. With sleep design and advanced technology, you one is the perfect companion for young minds interested in science, technology, and robotics. This item is in used condition and Stevie, you will bid first.
Speaker 3: When the doll shows you where you were taught.
Speaker 2: I can once again show you a picture that's sexy.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not as.
Speaker 6: More like the labeled it like it was gonna be a super famin that's so fucked up, dude.
Speaker 2: If I saw that, this is absolutely robotic.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, it's fine. I'm not going to fuck that.
Speaker 3: Your bid, Stevie, wouldn't fuck that zero.
Speaker 4: To support my shitty bounce, I'm gonna go with twelve thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Twelve thousand, that's whay higher than that.
Speaker 4: I want to start low.
Speaker 3: Eighteen eighteen Stevie, thirty thousand.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call for final bits.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stay what scary.
Speaker 2: So Augie's been was eighteen thousand, yeah, and yours was thirty Yeah. The actual final auction used. This thing of this educational humanoid robot was twenty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Even I was a thousand over four.
Speaker 2: Aggie wins. Yeah, yeah, game, but it's not enough. Stevie has two, which means he wins the game. I win the game, and yet three episode points, meaning the final score is four to two in favor of Stevie.
Speaker 4: Well done, very nice, Thank you done?
Speaker 2: Instead, Well, that is awesome. I hope you guys have enjoyed this technology themed episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 3: The hater's ball of technology right, well.
Speaker 2: We don't hate you, our gentlemen. Thank you, thank you so much for coming along and playing with us on our silly ride today. As we get closer and closer to episode three hundred, your continued hanging outage is always appreciated. And he's gonna hold that up in front of my face so he can't see me, but yes, b fy TW does master it is coming, So thanks for hanging. I hope you enjoyed it. That's gonna be it for me. You can follow me online at pancil Sarah, and you can follow Stevie at follow zero and follow the show at b fy TW podcast. You can follow my brother at Kerosene Letter. He did our music for this and most other episodes of the show. You can send us emails at b fy tw podcast at gmail dot com. You can go to our website at b fy t B pod dot com see us and all the cool things all of our friends are doing. Links to all of our friends available there, as well as a link to get tickets for episode three hundred. Effectively your last chance of hearing better hurry, you better hurry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have like one day, you have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're not a Patreon subscriber and you're hearing this, you have one day.
Speaker 4: Get that ticket.
Speaker 2: But Colorado Spring, get over to Colorado Springs, cod hang out and laugh your ass off. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fun, it might be cold, it might be a little.
Speaker 2: Be prepared for Colorado weather. Yes, but you can also check out all of the cool things we're doing. If you want to leave us a voicemail, you can do so on our website. Go to b fy t B pod dot com. Go to the contact section. There is a voicemail widget right in there. You can use it straight from your phone or your PC. You can evenus. You can even record something on your PC and send it to us via our email address AFYTW podcast at gmail dot com. That's available too, And if you really want to support the show, you can go to patreon dot com slash bfytw and you can just follow us for free and we give a lot away for free just for following us, which doesn't cost you anything, but having said that, you will get a metric ton of additional features. Their Patreon has been in operation for quite some time now for just five dollars a month. We only have the one tier, and you can join the ranks of such illustrious people as Gina W. Jeffreys, Crystal D Dj'santhis and Crystal, Wayne B. Bill MKCS, the Gateleapers.
Speaker 4: Aaron S.
Speaker 2: David M. Bridget from Long Island, eight Bit, David A. Kristin F Justin B. Colin and Donna M. Mexican Jeffrey, Jeremy Farley, Jeff Jeffery and finally Matt. Thank you so much for being our friends and continuing to support the show. We really appreciate your presence and your your support at every step of the way, and it has allowed us to do crazy things like episode three hundred three episodes away. We'll see you guys when we get there, but for now, that's going to be it from us, and why.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: That's why it's probably the most normal I've said it in a long time, because like, because fuck you. That's why