Speaker 1: Okay, don't cough right when we start the show. Oh my gosh, Hello and welcome to Laura Kane after Dark. I'm Laura Kane and the cougher is Eric Rimmer. You need to get that checked out, dude. You know how many times I have to edit out your coughs? A lot?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 1: A lot?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What is it? What does that cause? By? Like I'm worried for you?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 1: Okay? Anyway, okay, so today on the podcast, we have a very special guest. This guest Eric doesn't know about.
Speaker 2: It's Marla.
Speaker 1: It's unusual, it's shocking. It could be a podcast first perhaps sloping. Maybe, yeah, it is, and you might just fall in love on the spot. That's all I'm gonna say. Plus, we have a tip for free family Halloween fun. You're gonna love it. We gotta say, go Podres.
Speaker 2: This is where I take a nap.
Speaker 1: Eric, you cannot say that. You can't. Yeah, people are gonna get you will get massive hate because the Podreys are like.
Speaker 4: The most like universally loved things in San Diego.
Speaker 1: Totally especially right now, and you're like a native San Diego, so zip it. So they crushed the Dodgers yesterday.
Speaker 4: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: It was so beautiful, so satisfying, it was so awesome. Okay, I was so mad on the first game because I don't have cable, right, So I went to FS one, I went to ESPN. I paid like eleven dollars here, fourteen dollars there. I don't know. I could not find it on anything.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you just go down to the gas lamp.
Speaker 4: I know you can do that. I think the MLB app if you pay thirty bucks a month, you can get it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was something like at rate it was forty or.
Speaker 4: Foobie has it and that's like sixty bucks a month.
Speaker 1: I know, Like, this is so frustrating. So yesterday I was at work and luckily we have it at work, and so it was really fun to want.
Speaker 2: It was so awesome. Oh my gosh, it was incredible.
Speaker 4: No, it was like genuinely really, I was totally wet.
Speaker 1: They were like firing on all cylinders, all cylinders.
Speaker 4: So tomorrow night, tomorrow night they'll be playing in San Diego for game three.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm I'm hard already, that's.
Speaker 1: What don't sorry. Now, okay, people are saying this has like the feel of other years when we've gone all the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the first game this guy. The first game we did lose, obviously, but it was a pretty close game and our batters were our offense was on point. It's just our pitchers were a little we're we're a little rusty. Yeah, So we didn't do we didn't play that bad. Dodgers just played better than us and they had the Otani going in full force. Second game, we played phenomenally and our defense was doing incredible. We robbed two home runs from them, yes, which are some of the most incredible parts of the game. And we got six home runs in a postseason game on the road, which is the first time that's ever.
Speaker 1: Happened in history or for the Padres.
Speaker 4: In baseball history.
Speaker 3: Wow. We mean we had a little record. That's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So what it's looking like is that the Padres have really good momentum against the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be the mo we got the MO.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, at the minimum, it's gonna be We're gonna have at least two more games.
Speaker 1: So okay, so is the fifth one? Okay, you stay out of this if you're not going to add anything. Positive. Then you then you can open your mouth in a minute. Is that we have Petco Pedco and then back there.
Speaker 4: If it goes back to fifth game it, we'll.
Speaker 1: Go back to gotcha? Okay? All right? Uh oh, I should let you guys know that the stand up comedian contest is going to happen sometime in mid November. Yeah, you've already said you were written it out already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm very busy in November.
Speaker 1: No you're not.
Speaker 2: I might not be here for the whole month.
Speaker 1: No you're not. I've already gotten that, okay from Brian.
Speaker 4: I'm doing a Norman McDonald.
Speaker 1: Well, well, we'll see. It'll be a vote. We get a chance. Should we each have like a wee? No, we'll do it at the same time, not the same time, but the same podcast obviously, and then people can vote.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is going to Why am I doing this? Because you know what I'm going to lose, probably because people love Eric no matter what people you're funny.
Speaker 4: I think we should remove the consequences that we had.
Speaker 1: What were the consequences of it?
Speaker 4: Oh, you have to go to an actual comedy club and give theirs.
Speaker 1: That's funny though, that's so brutal.
Speaker 4: There's a thing there if I lost, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Like I wouldn't do that either.
Speaker 4: I would embarrass myself like that.
Speaker 1: That's no dignity. Is keeping your word for a bet?
Speaker 4: I have too much self respect?
Speaker 1: Well, I apparently do not. I apparently do not anyway, So let's get right down into the dirt. Play the dirt sounds. The dirt sounds because our special guest is going to be here any second.
Speaker 2: If there's a spider involved, I am out of here, all right. Whitney Houston's mom dead at ninety one, Sissy.
Speaker 1: Houston, Oh, Sissy Houston.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Madonna's brother Christopher Chacconi dead at sixty three of cancer. Last month, her step mom, Joan died of cancer as well.
Speaker 1: Oh No.
Speaker 2: In film news, the Joker to Ford bombed.
Speaker 1: It's not getting good reviews, is it.
Speaker 2: It got a D grade on Cinema Score and a thirty one percent un rotten.
Speaker 1: To me, what are they saying, lady?
Speaker 2: They made no, No, it is not I think, my lady.
Speaker 4: I think it's misunderstood. I don't. I think it's the movie. It's not the movie people were expecting but I think it's actually probably got quite a bit of merit. It's just not what people wanted.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen it, you're just saying that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I've seen the reviews in people's issues with it, and I think it actually from like the director's perspective, I think it's probably actually a really good film, but.
Speaker 1: Not like the original.
Speaker 2: It only made twenty million domestically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they expected it to blow up.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Yeah, I'm not sure how they were expecting because they didn't pre screen it at.
Speaker 2: All, which means it's a bad movie. Kanye West and Beyonca sensory. Their marriage is on the rocks. According to sources, I didn't realize they were married. Yes, Kanye said he's planning to move to Tokyo and divorce her. They were last seen together in September.
Speaker 1: He's going to move to Tokyo.
Speaker 4: You'll find some other gorgeous ten.
Speaker 1: Out of ten that of course, that wears to nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: He Now, what's the latest on this mess?
Speaker 2: One hundred and twenty more charges, one including a nine year a victim that was nine at the time.
Speaker 1: Dude, there are there is, or maybe are videos of a young justin Bieber.
Speaker 2: Yes, I hope not.
Speaker 1: Not not at the parties, but but but Diddy saying to him like something like one of these days you'll get to come to my party or like something, and then like he bought him a Lamborghini or something. This is right when he first started. Was he managing him or something or producing him? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I think he did. He own the production company, that he was an umbrella there because Usher was the one that really discovered him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Scooter Braun I was that sure?
Speaker 2: I don't know anyway anyway.
Speaker 1: So wait, this is an addition to the hundred hundred or so that well there.
Speaker 2: Was one hundred and fifty initially.
Speaker 1: Now there's one twenty more.
Speaker 2: Yes, is what?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Regardless, he's going to be in Daryl for a long long And there are people that are saying that celebrities were at the parties, like Diana Ross, Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, not at all.
Speaker 2: There's a lawyer that claims that a list celebrities are paying off victims to avoid being named in lawsuits.
Speaker 1: I don't That does not shock me at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so funny talks, but this time it didn't talk because did he had a lot of it in it and he's gone down. Yeah, And I love that. I love that we can bring someone all that down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the season seven of Love is Blind on Netflix just started.
Speaker 1: I'm embarrassed to say that I've watched up like five episodes.
Speaker 2: I've watched one so far.
Speaker 1: Do you like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's same old thing, but it's you know, just a different cast. But it's good. It's it's good.
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen it's also on Netflix called It's What's Inside. No, I watched it the other night. It's crazy, is it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's good. It's a little confusing, but it's good. Yellow Jackets is now on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I saw that. Now here's a warning. Yellow Jackets is so incredibly good. It is how well, it's very it's hard to watch. It's inient, but it is good. It is so good. The first season, it's only the first season that's on there. Now they're in their third season or they're about to release it on I think it's on Showtime Okay, but yeah, now you can see it on Netflix. Watch it. It's it's like unlike anything you've ever seen. It really is.
Speaker 2: And then I don't know if you guys have seen the show, excuse me. Also on Netflix it's called Nobody Wants This and it's with Kristen Bell.
Speaker 1: Okay, for two things. She looks incredible in this movie. I didn't even recognize her. She looks so young. And really she's beautiful anyway, but really beautiful. I'm not interested in that. It's like some rom calm thing.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not my not my cupetine.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Well, I don't care about the Padres.
Speaker 1: Don't say that, you Eric, That is not okay to say right now.
Speaker 4: You don't have to like him.
Speaker 1: We don't have to keep it long yourself exactly.
Speaker 4: I was the october Fest this weekend, and it was about at least a third to half of people that were wearing Padres.
Speaker 2: Course in those hideous colors.
Speaker 1: I grew up in Los Angeles. I grew up going to Dodger games. I grew up eating Dodger dogs. But that said, and I loved the Dodger Steve Garvey days. But I've lived here for many years, and for sure I am a Podres fan. Way over the.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Hire Stadium too.
Speaker 2: I love the Padres yes, we do. Did you hear that I love the good I do?
Speaker 1: Good boy?
Speaker 2: All right? Lady Gaga's fiance asked if he asked her if he could propose before he proposed.
Speaker 4: Wait, has she been married before?
Speaker 2: No? Engaged but not married.
Speaker 4: Interesting? I wonder what she's like on like a personal level.
Speaker 2: I bet she's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is a real named Stephanie or something.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think she probably is a great person. I really liked her and she star was born.
Speaker 4: She's like what forty five? Almost fifty?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I think she's in her thirties. I think yes, Oh my god, Okay google it. This is important. She's not in her forties almost fifty. I swear to you, she's like thirty six.
Speaker 2: So Elton John has a new movie called Never Too Late. It will be in select theaters on November fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Is it a documentary?
Speaker 2: Yes, and it will be able to stream on Disney on December thirteenth.
Speaker 4: She's almost forty.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine thirty eight? Okay, well I was closer.
Speaker 4: I thought she was way older. Here.
Speaker 2: Are you interested in hearing all the body parts that he's had removed? Or do you want to continue talking about the padres.
Speaker 1: I want to hear about Elton John's body parts removed.
Speaker 2: He does not have tonsils, adenoids, or an appendix. And he also doesn't have a prostate. He doesn't have a right hip or a left knee or a right knee.
Speaker 1: Not original. Yeah, he's got a lot of like missing parts and fake parts. Okay, so I think let me take these off for a minute. I think I think I may have heard a knock on the door. Okay, special guest, come on in, change the camera, Brian, here we go, Special guest, answer, and come sit down. Welcome to the podcast. This is a lease peskin, and with her is a very special guest name Button.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my god. That is the cutest thing.
Speaker 1: I know ever. You're sitting up here. You're sitting up here. Oh god, I know I told you this could be a podcast first and uh, oh my god. But okay, here we go. This is Button and Button is a little baby lamb, what kind of here's your microphone right here? Let me turn it on for you.
Speaker 2: I want to get down on the floor right now.
Speaker 1: There, there we go, and then just get it right close to your mouth. I know you get you're juggling a lot right now.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 1: He just sits there on his little Is this a girl or a boy? But it's a little girl, little girl, So she sits there on her little blanket.
Speaker 3: And yes, and we'll think the various hotels who have provided those towels to keep your floor clean. You're still a hotel tow Oh I didn't say that. I do.
Speaker 1: I'm not accusing you of anything, but like you know what they're My dog is not one hundred percent. So this is Alisa. Alisa is the owner of Outland Highland Cattle. She has partnered with California farm Life. And you pick flowers in Ramona for the ultimate, the biggest, the coolest pumpkin patch in town.
Speaker 3: Well that it is. And this is your your opportunity to come see highland cows because everybody's seen them on social media, so pretty much everybody knows what highland cows are these days, and this is your chance to come see them in person, meet them, hug them, snuggle them, get some photo ops with them.
Speaker 1: Now, explain to us what a highland cow looks like because this is a lamb. She was gonna bring the Highland cow, but we had an issue with the trailer and something going on. Yeah, so we had issues.
Speaker 3: Yes, So Highland cows actually originate from Scotland. I have one here on my shirt. So they have a lot of hair that helps them in the climate in Scotland because it's a lot colder than it is in San Diego. So they're one of the oldest cattle breeds in the world. They actually originated or have been documented all the way back to six hundred AD, so they're a really, really neat heritage breed.
Speaker 1: And the coolest thing about these cows they don't get much bigger than a German shepherd, or a little bit bigger than a German shepherd.
Speaker 3: Well, they're pretty slow growers. They get a little bit bigger, quite a bit bigger than a German shepherd, but not as big.
Speaker 1: As a full blown cow.
Speaker 3: Correct, they're about half the size of traditional commercial cattle and they're real slow growers, so it takes them a while to get up.
Speaker 2: To that age.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they're really They've got a great temperament and they just love going out and doing activities like this, and I love sugaring them with people.
Speaker 1: So do you like go to birthday parties and like, does do people hire you for like their events in the park and stuff like that and you bring your cattle?
Speaker 3: We do. We actually we've been doing animal education programs for about thirty years and so that is part of what we do. We do a corporate events and education programs. And yeah, we'll go just about everywhere. We've got a lot of stuff coming up. We're actually going to be at San Diego State at a fraternity event.
Speaker 1: Really what fraternity do you remember?
Speaker 3: I do. It's the Teak tau kapax Epsilon Cheeks.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Let's just say I went the other day. It had been quite a few years since I'd been to that place. But I think they're having a great fundraiser. They're actually raising funds the whole week of the I think it's twenty first of October for Saint Jude's Children's Hospital. And so we're going to have some Highland cows there.
Speaker 1: Baby, Okay, So the Highland cows, Now, somebody, if somebody's interested, Hey, I have a little bit of some property and if these are cows and they're that friendly, and they're that docile. Can they buy them from Do you breed them?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we do breed them. We breed them, and we actually sell them all over the country. So we've sold several in San Diego County, but we ship them all over the East coast, West coast, central, central United States. So they really are in quite demander right now. They do. They have a great temperament, so they're a perfect you know, addition to a homestead or kind of a hobby.
Speaker 2: My oh god, she is.
Speaker 1: So you now talk about the big Halloween event that you have going on on Ramona and who you've teamed up with and what we can expect and.
Speaker 3: Yes, so funny story. I actually met the owners of California farm Life last year from a Facebook marketplace and they had advertised some of their leftover pumpkins at the end of the year, and I went and bought them for my cows because cows love pumpkins, so it's kind of the pumpkins smash at the end of the season. And we've been talking and I said, you know, I said, I really would be great if I brought the Highland cows up. I think it would really you know, attract a lot of attention and bring a lot of people in the Dow family have been farming pumpkins in San Diego for over twenty five years. They've got a various story of being a farming family, but it is a working farm. They are the largest grower of pumpkins in San Diego. They actually supply all of the pumpkins for probably most of the pumpkin patches that you've seen. They grow over a million pounds of pumpkin every year, so they have quite a variety. I've never seen pumpkins like they have before. They have wardy green pumpkins, they have pink pumpkins, they have white pumpkins. They have coffins full of pumpkins.
Speaker 1: At the farm.
Speaker 3: Talk about a little Halloween spirit.
Speaker 1: And the coolest thing is that it's free.
Speaker 3: It is free, and I will tell you it is the most family friendly. They are the most family friendly family. I've never seen hospitality like this. It's not It is just such a great experience for kids. It was so hot over the weekend and I had to hose the cows down a couple times because they had, you know, their big wool coat and it was over one hundred degrees and I just had the cows out on the grass and there was kids there playing with the cows, you know, petting them, leading them around, things that most kids don't get to experience these days. So it was just such a great, great experience and I am so looking forward to the next few weekends coming up there.
Speaker 1: Now, if you go to Laura Kane after dark dot com, the link is on there for California farm Life and the directions and it's in Ramona, right. And you have also partnered with another company called You Pick Flowers, which is that they are responsible for a giant maze of some sort.
Speaker 3: Well, so California farm Life and You Pick Flowers is all in the same, so wonderful thing about California farm Life.
Speaker 1: Or do you pick sunflowers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, since they are working farm, they have you pick Zinna's right there on the bush and they have fresh sunflowers. We did some great photos the other day with the Highland cows with big, you know, eight foot tall sunflowers behind and that is sitting right in the pumpkin patch. So it was just such a perfect.
Speaker 1: What an incredible photo op for your family, Absolutely great, great family photos for coming up holidays. Sunflowers, pink pumpkins, cows. I mean, you've got the whole thing going on.
Speaker 2: This lamb.
Speaker 1: Okay, cant see. Eric is an animal free you can pick her up.
Speaker 3: Used to be in hell. Oh my gosh, she's like velcrow. So I was trying to pull some of the hay out of her.
Speaker 1: Out of her word, So, what kind of lamb is this?
Speaker 3: She is a Valet doll, So she's a combination between a valet black nose, another another breed that people have really seen a lot of lately in social media. They are considered to be like one of the cutest lambs in the cutest sheep in the world, and they're originally yeah, you can pull her over.
Speaker 1: There, we can get her on on Instagram live. Come your baby, Come here baby. Oh my god, she's so cute. Put her on your lap. She she's probably as heavy as Elvis.
Speaker 3: Oh hot, baby, bluff there.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. This is complete and total fluff.
Speaker 3: Look at this buck.
Speaker 1: This is Button. Isn't that the cutest little name? Button? You're such a sweet girl.
Speaker 3: Sorry about all the hay. She got fed dinner right before where we left, so it kind of sticks to her.
Speaker 1: Eric is like the animal whisper this. Look at this, Look at her kissing. She will do this like all he does this to my dog all the time. Oh my gosh, she's so cute. Does she come out too with the cows?
Speaker 3: She will be there, yes, And on some of the weekends we'll have some other animals. We have donkeys, we have miniature horses, we have sheep, we have goats, So in addition to the cows, we'll be bringing some other animals along as well.
Speaker 1: What time does the pumpkin patch start?
Speaker 3: And the pumpkin patch is open ten to six on the weekends, two to six on weekdays, and we will be there Saturdays, the next three Saturdays, and then the last Sunday right before Halloween.
Speaker 1: And why don't you just like kind of give the area in Ramona where it's at again. You can go to Loria King after Dark dot com to get the directions and everything in the website.
Speaker 3: But absolutely it's really easy to find. Actually, it's one eight four zero nine Rangeland Road. It's right next to the Ramona Grasslands and so it's really easy to get to from Highland Valley. We had people last weekend coming down from del Mar and Sanita. So it was really neat to see people from all over the county and people in Ramona that didn't even know it was there. So it's just a great experience and a great working farm and a great family. I'm so excited to partner with them.
Speaker 1: I had little kids, I would skip the pumpkin patches that have the lights and they set up the tents in a parking lot, you know what I mean, And I would go for the real deal.
Speaker 3: This is the real deal. And I'm gonna tell you you don't have to have little kids to come. We had a lot of adults that came to see the cows.
Speaker 1: The other day.
Speaker 3: We were on KSI on Saturday morning and I had people actually beat me to the farm that got there before I did. So we uh, you know, we invite everybody out. It's family friendly. And I forgot to mention some of the goodies that are there as.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's again it's a free thing.
Speaker 3: Pumpkin fudge.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: It is like nothing you've ever tasted before. I can't even describe in.
Speaker 1: A great, great way.
Speaker 3: It's so delicious. Homemade banana bread, homemade apple, homemade apple bread, homemade pumpkin bread, homemade syrups, fresh honey from the farm. So it's you know, cotton candy, like you can't go wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know she is just now does she is?
Speaker 3: She?
Speaker 1: Are they born like this or are they like do you condition them to be this friendly?
Speaker 3: So? The nice thing about the Valet black nose sheep is they have a personality like no other sheep I've ever met before. I've been raising sheep for thirty years, and they have such a friendly, such a laid back disposition that as you can see, it really translates, translates through to her seem intelligence.
Speaker 2: Laura had me so stressed out when I got here, and now I'm I know.
Speaker 1: He thought he thought I was going to have like an X come in. He thought I was going to have like like a spider because he's scared of spiders come in. He thought I was going to have like one of his friends. I'm like, you'll never guess it in a million years.
Speaker 3: Ever, she's a therapy sheep too, Eric is she Well?
Speaker 1: Do you bring her to things or do we actually do?
Speaker 3: We do a lot of So I have a program that I work with a lot of kids with special needs. And we also do some community service and go out into things like retirement homes, and it's just such a great experience to you know, take the animals there. It's so rewarding because they're so excited to see them, and you know, you get to hear people's stories of their growing up. Some of them grew up on a farm, some of them didn't. But you know, it's just such a wonderful thing that you know, as you can see, I don't know who's happier right now. You are her.
Speaker 1: I know see that he is the animal whist for Okay. So Alisa, if somebody wants to get a hold of you, where can they find you? Where should they contact you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were on social media. They can find us through California farm Life, they can find us through Outlander Highlands. We're on Facebook, we're on Instagram. They can google me and look me up and stuff, and you know, if they're interested in purchasing, we always welcome people to come out. We're trying to do more events. We're going to do some sip and paints on the farm and stuff where we'll have the Highland cows there and you're actually going to paint a Highland cow to go home with.
Speaker 1: Kay. So the ideas are endless with these little babies, like I've never to be honest, I've never heard of this kind of cow in my life. Girl.
Speaker 3: Where have you been? You've been under a rock. You have to just you have to just put hyland cow in an instagrarium and they will. You'll have just a thousands.
Speaker 1: They're having a moment right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll look at she's falling asleep, she.
Speaker 1: Is out.
Speaker 3: Eric's gonna look like he rolled in the hay after this.
Speaker 1: She's so cute and she doesn't smell at all. She's just a sweet girl. All now. I start talking and she woke up. She's like, why are you talking? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: She's just so relaxed right now too.
Speaker 1: I know it's like did you I was gonna say, did you give her a lamb benadryl?
Speaker 3: Here? This is just her.
Speaker 1: That's just the coolest thing. Okay. I guarantee you two things that I will be seeing you one of these weekends. Absolutely, And I guarantee you you will see Eric. I already feel him that he already has his wheel spinning. And I know, like the people he's going to bring and I already feel it, so I knew he'd love this.
Speaker 3: So one of the things I forgot to mention too is at California farm Life they have a tractor display, and not just to look at, but you can actually climb in the tractors, sit in the seat, you know, pretend like you're driving them. So you know, it's it's not just for kids. I saw a lot of dads the other day, those big old tractors.
Speaker 1: Every little boy's dream, right, and then I guess it just rolls over into adulthood if you never had a chance to do it.
Speaker 3: It's just the boys and the size of their toys, so it was just on a bigger scale. But you know, the kids. The kids love it and have a great time, and the adults do too. And the nice thing about it is it's such a low key environment. You're not having to, you know, hover over your kids and watch them everything because we're just all right there. So it's it's really neat. They have the world's largest I've never seen anything like it, the world's largest palette, so it is really quite impressive. How you know, how they constructed that and how they built it and it's pretty long.
Speaker 1: Oh those mazes kind of freaked me out.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, but it's not that it's short, because it's the size of palette so you can see over it. But for you know, for younger kids, it's great because it's not intimidating and it's not they know it's inside the building, so they're not going to get lost.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you grow up in Ramona? Did you grow up somewhere in the farm somewhere? How did you get into this line of work? Do you want to call it work?
Speaker 3: I think I was dropped on my head and saw animals, and that was the first thing. I did not grow up in Ramona. I grew up in Mount Helix, to be honest, and so Native San Diego Natives sang and yeah back in the day when Mount Helix was kind of rural with suburban rule, with avocado groves, and you know, definitely has changed over the few years and stuff there. And I just kind of kept migrating farther and farther out east a group riding horses, so horses kind of springboarded into other animals and I've operated horse drawn carriages, horse drawn hay rides, petting zoos. So it's just kind of in your blood.
Speaker 1: You know what it is what you're supposed to do in life. And I believe what you're supposed to do in life is help others. And look what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Well, and look what you're doing right now. Look at animals. Animals have such a kindred spirit with us. And there's absolute, absolute data that shows that just touching an animal like you're doing right now lowers our blood pressure, it raises our serotonin. We see therapy animals and service animals and how that benefits people. So the relationship with animals and humans is just a beautiful thing. I've had students that were on the autism spectrum that were nonverbal, and I've heard them say those first words on horsebacks, so pivotal moments that you know, really, animals are are the truest therapists there are.
Speaker 1: I'm looking in her eyes and she's got like, I don't know, it's not hypnotic, but it's almost like she's speaking to me. I love it. Yes, I know, you're such a good girl, Button. I love her little name. What are some of the names of the other you know what she's looking to you she's saying by, oh you want this in your okay, do they thrive in apartments?
Speaker 3: Well, I do want to say the city of San Diego does allow okay, does allow up to two goats in your backyard. So that's kind of you know. Ever, a lot of people have chickens now in their backyard, and especially you know, after COVID, and so I'm just saying that it's becoming more and more common to see things like that, and especially with small goats you can have. They're about the her siyes and stuff you can have too of that.
Speaker 1: I could have two goats right outside of my patio.
Speaker 3: You could as long as you gave your as long as you made goat cheese from your neighbors and maybe milk them, they might be okay with it.
Speaker 1: Told my landlord and I probably wouldn't fly. That wouldn't fly, right Eric, being a property manager, that would not fly. Well, Elisa Paskin, thank you so much. From Outlander, Highland Cattle and California farm Life. That's where you're going to go see her on the weekends and during the week from two to six or a couple like the end of the week right or all the days, and we'll.
Speaker 3: Be there eleven to four on Saturdays and we're going to kind of see how it is and stuff. We may be in there on Sundays as well, if the crowds dictate. So we're sure hoping for some cooler fall like weather coming up, yes,