Speaker 1: You're listening to Big the Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron. In this show, we go beyond the campfire stories to bring you first hand encounters from people who say they've seen something impossible. From backwoods trails and remote mountain haulers to quiet farms and crowded highways. The stories come from everywhere, and each one leaves us with more questions than answers.
Speaker 2: These are the.
Speaker 1: Voices of the people who've lived it. To settle in, because today you'll hear another account that just might change the way you see the woods forever. So stay with us, all right, Pick the Society. We get the privilege of talking to mister Frank Fisher today. Frank is an individual got connected to He's a fisherman and an outdoorsman. He had a really interesting thing happen that greatly affected him as we were talking a little bit before the show started. It really really got him curious, shook him up too. So welcome to the show, Frank. Carry you doing today, sir?
Speaker 3: Oh? Thanks man. Yeah, I'm doing pretty good, pretty good. I'm glad to be able to talk to somebody that I might be able to get some information from. I wish I could have talked to you about a month or so ago when it first halpened, you know, but it's still very fresh in my brain, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And man, just the fact that it's within it's like a month, month and a half. I mean that is extremely recent for this field. A lot of people I talked to it's like, well, it happened twenty thirty years ago, but I mean a month that's pretty wild. So Frank, can you take us to what area this happened in and what was going on that day?
Speaker 3: Well, the area is it's just over the Georgia borderline into Alabama off of I twenty. It's like brand Burne Muscadine area. Some people refer to it as Hafflin Crewver's It's yeah, it's it's a bunch of small towns out there. And uh, it was right off I twenty, like I say, near exit two ten. Uh. And uh, actually I had UH before I even moved out here. I Uh, I had checked into UH on the on the bfr OH website they have you know, sightings, and the last two sightings that they had out here in Alabama were in this area. So I, you know, I saw that I was like, oh man, this is wild. You know. I called my son because you know, we we like talking about you know, Bigfoot. It's it's it's an interesting comp you know, conversation, interesting copic and uh so like we're we're talking about this, and you know, at the time, I didn't think anything would ever come of it. Well, about a month or so ago, I got up, it was about four o'clock in the morning, and I turned a back light on to let the dogs out in the backyard. And it's just a little bug light. It's not a very bright light. Well, it's probably about maybe about one hundred and fifty feet maybe give or takes them a There's an area in my property. I sit up high at where my house is at. I'm kind of like on a little hill, and then the property dips down to a drainage and the drainage runs through the property and then it goes back up and it leads out into the woods. I mean, I'm all surrounded. I'm not far at all from the Talladega National Forest. And you've got like Talladega and then you've got it's like all green belt. If you look at it on the map. Uh it's it's a huge, just a huge forest area. It goes off into Georgia and it expands and goes out all through Alabama. This we're not that far from a Chehaw Mountain. It's the highest elevation in Alabama. I forget what it is, somewhere around four thousand and four thousand, five hundred feet and so. Anyways, so I turned on the light and out there near this drainage, I catch an eye. It's just one eye, but it was huge. It was a red maybe a reddish orange kind of eye glowing and the slash light. Yeah, with the bug light on the on the on the on the house. I mean, you know, a bug light doesn't give off much light, right, and I would imagine that this eye had to be pretty big and s incident to be able to you know, reflect the light of just this bug light. So I grabbed my flashlight because we have a flashlight right next to the door, and I shined the flashlight out there. Now, the flashlight needs new batteries. Again. I wish I would have had a better flashlight at the time, but I didn't. And I shined it out there, and all of a sudden, I got these two huge red glowing eyes looking at me, and I'm like, what the heck is that? And I mean they're far apart, it's not like they're close together. And it actually looked at me for you know, a couple of seconds, and then you could you could make out this whatever it was like turning its head because the way the eye shine went away, you know, you see the eye shine diminish. I'm like, man, where did it go? So I started scanning around real quick, and it had already made it up the hill going back up the other side, heading towards the wor it had already made it up about over half the way when I caught it again. So and I mean the thing turned around and looked at me. It didn't just get scared because of the flashlight and take off running. And that was the end. It turned and looked at me again, and I'm like, look at this thing, you know, what the heck is this? And again it turned it and like I say, when it turned.
Speaker 4: Its head, it I can't say it looked like it was on a neck, you know what I mean, like a human where you know, you have your body because.
Speaker 3: If it was a bear, because we have bears out here, We've found a few bear tracks in the yard, so I know there's bear out here. And that's pretty much what I was thinking it was at the time when I first started watching this thing, I'm thinking, you know, what is this a bear? You know, well, the way it turned its head just it looked more like it was set up, like I say, on a pair of shoulders and neck. Anyway, So it turned and I lost it again because it turned and walked away and it was out of its eyes were out of the shine of the flashlight. So I started scanning around again, and then I picked it up one more time. It stopped at the top of the hill and was turned looking at me again, and I'm like, God to see, you know, I mean that really kind of like I thought, that was really neat. It kind of freak me out. I'm thinking, what is this, What's gonna stop and turn and look at me? I mean, even a bear, even though it's a big predator, you know, and you know, I'm sure they are very self confident, and you know, he might have been looking back to see if you know, I was going to go after him or something. But you know a lot of times, even bears, they just turn around and run and take off from what I you know, a little bit I've seen of them. Yeah, so I caught it in the light for the second time. I turned back and looked at me, and then it was often too the woods. And you know, as far as like being able to tell how high it was, how tall it was, like I sit up on the highest point in my property and it was down at the lowest point, and then it went back up and it was it was at night. There wasn't any reference points, you know, so I tried to to, you know, think in my mind exactly what you know about where the eyes were, especially when it was on the other side of the property and down at the very bottom. I went down there, and you know, it's just it's so hard to say, I mean, because if it was a bear, it would have been obvious that it only would have been maybe three feet off the ground or something. But I just have a feeling it wasn't It wasn't that small. You know, it seemed like it it might had some some height to it, just because of the way that uh, you know, the the eye shine was, like I say, and at the bottom, at the top, it seemed like it was more, especially at the top, it was more like the background of the woods, not so much the background of the ground that it was standing on, because you know, if it's small and you're looking at it, it's gonna look like it's it's it's small, and you're going to see the ground all around it, not not the the oft in the distance where the woods and the sky is starting and everything. You know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, you know so.
Speaker 3: Uh and that that was. That was pretty much it. And I, you know, I I went ahead and uh, you know, brought the dogs in and uh oh yeah. And and before that had happened, I got I got a little uh, I got a little pitfull. And she's not afraid of anything. She's she's a tough little dog, and she was there was a couple of nights before I had I had had this, you know experience. She was like throwing herself at the back and again that could have been you know, if there was a bear and it was in the back yard there, I'm sure that would have freaked her out too. But you know, she really had me wondering it was it was. It had happened two nights in a row where she was just like out there, and because usually she just sits at the back door and doesn't do anything, she might paw off the back door a little bit. But there was something out there was that was spooking her. And we got a lot of coyotes around too, that you know that that could have been it possibly, uh, And I've seen plenty of coyotes at night. And I mean I looked, I just scoured the internet trying to find anything on eyeshine, and I looked there was a finding big foot. It was called the Kentucky Eyeshine And I looked at that video and I compared in my you know, in my mind, of course, uh, what I had what I had saw for what they had, and the spacing was about the same, but it just seemed like what I saw had had bigger eyes. And you know, I was talking with some people and they said, well, maybe it was an owl, because I mean there's some huge rats and all kinds of you know, little garments, skunks and rats. We're not skunks probably, but rabbits and ramadillos, all that kind of stuff that's you know, just a little native animals that that owls could pick up at night. But I just can't see an owl turning back and looking at me and a bear possibly. But if it was a bear, it was a lobber, I'm gonna tell you, because those eyes were set far apart, man far apart, and uh so I didn't really come up with much of anything as far as uh you know, the internet goes that bears on trail cams and owls and stuff like that, and uh so, I was just hoping to talk to somebody that could help me make a little sense of you know what, I'm what I saw. I'm lost on.
Speaker 2: It, absolutely, uh it is.
Speaker 1: It is really interesting, especially that it was. It was it looked at it looked at you a few times. So you said the dogs were acting weird the first like the nights before, were they also acting weird that same night when you had them outside.
Speaker 3: Too, Well, what happened was they were out in the backyard and I was looking at this and I honestly couldn't tell you that there was there was. I can't even remember how many were out in the backyard because once I started looking at this thing, they were pretty much off my mind. Now I do know they they all came in with no problem because I had the door open and I was looking out there. It was starting to get cool, but it wasn't that bad yet. And uh, yeah, they they they didn't know they did. They didn't. They didn't go freaking out and throwing a fit. But they all came running in with no problem. Because a lot of times I can't get them in, they stay out in the backyard. They love it out there, so I'm not going to tell you. Yeah, you know, they came running in with their tails tuck, but I wasn't really paying attention to that, and they did all come in really quick, So they didn't stay out in the yard and nose around back there. They didn't go running down to the back of the us either, because it's a it's a fairly decent sized fenced in backyard, and they all just kind of stood up around near the house with me, and yeah, when it was time to come in, they all came in.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, You've kind of alluded to it a few times, but it sounds like we don't have a definite what you think the height of the eyes off the ground might be, or how far away from each other they.
Speaker 3: Were, Yeah, they were, they were far apart. I know that much. Okay, No, I mean not not ridiculously. And as far as height goes, now, it's so hard to say because it was one of those nights where it was really dark out No I don't know, you know, if the moon was just covered up, but I think it was one of those almost moonless nights or a really small moon. So everything was really really dark out there, because I mean, we're we're pretty mu much out in the middle of nowhere, and uh, you know, when there's a clear sky, you see stars everywhere. There's not a lot of uh, no city lights, no, no neighbors much to speak of. I have one neighbor that's about it, and uh, all of that is just like, uh, you know, there's there's there's no lighting to mess with anything, you know what I'm trying to right, it was really dark and where the eyes were at it was so hard to tell if it was if it was really tall or not. You know, standing up at the very top of the hill where it right before it went into the woods, it seemed like it it was up high enough so that it wasn't like looking like it was down on the ground that looked like it was up in the air more how much, you know, Like I said, I just I couldn't say. I couldn't say. That's that's why I was after I saw it, because you know, the eyes were so big and like I've said, it a bunch of times already spread so far apart. It had me wondering what the heck I had saw? And yeah, I just I don't know as far as hythe reference, I didn't have anything to reference. It too too dark, and the and the ground is just so irregular. Yeah, I wish, I wish I could have. Let me tell you, I got I got some night vision goggles for Christmas after after this happened. So I'm ready if if if I ever see anything out there again, I'm going to have those and I'm going to be able to you know, my luck it won't come back. But yeah, and if it is a bear, it could possibly come back, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and absolutely so that that's actually a good conversation to have. Is so after this expan, How did this experience affect you in the days afterwards?
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, I was, I was. I was totally taken by it. I was, I was, I was obsessed with seeing this thing again when I when I was I wake up a couple of times a night and I get out of bed instead of trying to roll over and go back to sleep, and i'd I'd be out there looking through the property trying to see something, you know, no, l no, Well, one night I think I saw a coyote. And I see the neighbors dogs every now and then we got some dogs that kind of run the neighborhood, you know, and their little tiny, small yellow eyes, you know, And that's there. You can you can definitely tell the difference between coyotes and dogs and and and what I saw there was no comparison. I mean, uh, what what what does do you know? Off? Can I look? And it said that bear do have like a red eye shine sometimes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the question is.
Speaker 1: Like what will have red what would have red glowing eyes at night? I'm guessing yeah, okay, so yeah, absolutely so there is actually and these guys are great. I just talked to Marie a few times on the show. But shout out mid Florida bigfoot dot com. They have a really good post where you can actually look up and they have it all written out. You know, what what things make the different colors of eye shine. So if we're looking at red eyeshine, it's going to be things such as alligators and crocodiles, different types of owls, nighthawks, woodcocks, black bear, gray red fox, river otters, seals, possums, rabbits, porcupines.
Speaker 3: Yo, Well, all of that would be totally out of the question, except for maybe if it could have possibly been a huge owl. But I don't it would have add to have been a monster owl. And I'll tell you something I would have I think I would have noticed it being closer to the ground because it was dark, and like I say, there was no real reference points for me to say, well it was as hall as that tree, or as hall as the branch on the tree, or or anything like that. But like I said, when it got to the top of the hills, my pupp like I say, I sit up high, and then my property goes down to drainage, and then after the drainage, it goes back up and up and up and up, and it goes off into the woods. And whatever it was, it covered a lot of ground really quick, So an owl could have done that possibly, But I think I just think I would have noticed it being an all and I don't think it would have turned around and looked at me, not twice, you know, the first time I shined a light. And it's I think if it was an awl, it probably would have would have taken off, you know. I mean it's it's it's just a bird. And it might be a bird of prey. But it's just a bird. It's not really uh you know, it's not a huge bear. It doesn't know it's its size a bear. It could have possibly been a bear. That's that's the only that's the only other thing I could I could have thought it was all the little things. No way, no way. It's especially you know the way it kind of almost slowly turned its head. It didn't it didn't seem like it was it was afraid of anything. You know. A long time ago I had I had a huge Burmese python and a monster size retick. And they knew how big they were. You could tell once they hit a certain size. When you went to pick them up. Sometimes they got a little uh, especially the reticulated python got a little nasty with me and would try to bite me. After a while, I put it in a cage. Do visuous but when it was small, it was fine. But once it got big, it it was uh yeah, it was. It knew its size, and I believe animals like bears, know their size, and it could have possibly been and you know, turned and looked at me because shining a light in its eyes, you know, it wasn't uh you know, it didn't. It didn't encourage it to stay around, so it started moving off, but to turn back and look at me twice like that. And then, like I say, at the top of the hill, it just from what I could when I could, I could, you know, imagine after after looking at that area the next morning, you know, because I was trying it because after you know, at first I didn't look at it and go, oh wow, this is a this is a big foot. You know. I was just more enormed with the eyes, the size of them, the color of them a distance apart, and you know, like I was saying, my dogs, I didn't I couldn't really tell you what they did. I know, they didn't run down there at the back fence and start barking. They do that a lot of times whenever they see something out in the yard. You know, they're you know, protectular their property.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you notice any or what were the sounds and smells of the backyard like when you were out there?
Speaker 3: Well, sound wise, the wind out here is since since they cleared this area and where I sit, I sit up pretty high, and uh, right after, right after this had happened, a lot of rain came and it was it was windy. It was real windy. And the way my house is facing, it blows from the north a lot of times and it hits the front of the house and goes out, so any any kind of when I say it goes out, it goes you know, out towards the back of my property, because I was in the backyard standing there looking out over my property and whatever I saw was out there pretty far. Like I said, at least, you know, it's hard to say too because again it's everything's that's it's it's such a rolling, hilly area. And as far as any smells, I can't say that I actually smelled anything, but it would have been hard to with the with the wind, because it that's one thing. We get some some some pretty decent wind blowing through out here. And I didn't hear anything either, you know, But yeah, that's about that.
Speaker 2: Gotcha the next.
Speaker 3: Day blame it all on the wind.
Speaker 1: Exactly the next day, did you take any time to go out in the backyard and did you notice anything out of the ordinary.
Speaker 3: Oh, I looked all over the place. I looked all over the place. I didn't notice anything. You know, the ground out here, this well, this was this was woods up until about a year year and a half ago because they had just freshly cleared this property. And I I've been trying to, you know, turn it into a yard out there, mowing and trying to trying to get some grass growing. And it's, uh, it's just a big field. It's full of weeds and stuff. Really, but this this this red clay, it packs down so hard, so hard, and the weeds are so small because it's it's it's a new property. It isn't like there's really you know, any kind of dense vegetation where something was a step in it. I could see footprints. Uh, we had we had we had seen some bear tracks out there, but that was after it had rained. And that that drainage area. When we first moved out here, it was a really wet area. If it would have if it would have been the way it was when we first moved here. I mean there was earthworms there, catch worms to go catch brim to go fishing for catfish, and I mean it was just it was a disaster back there. It was so muddy, and uh I worked on grooming a real deep drainage and I think it helped dry that area up back there, but uh, yeah, the ground is just so hard. There's a yeah, there was. There was no no prints, no nothing. I looked. I looked everywhere. I looked everywhere, you know, and I've seen bear prince, but that's usually after it rains. It was just it was just a bad time because the drainage back there had dried up and it hadn't rained in a while, and his front was getting ready to come through. It was, you know, things were cooling off, it was getting real windy, and then right after that it stormed. And you know, it would have been great if it would have rained right before, because this clayll stay wet for a while and even then there isn't many places they could step where it's just you know, open open clay. There's there's weeds and uh, you know, just all kinds of vegetation growing on the ground. Like I said, I've been trying to mow it and get it, get it looking decent, turn it into something like a yard. But yeah, I didn't notice anything. Didn't notice anything, then checked and looked. I was, I was. I was tempted to go out back and see if I could get anything, you know, maybe get some wood, do some wood, knocks or something, see if anything knocked back. Maybe do a call or something, see if I'd get anything. Answering me that way a few nights after. But my one neighbor might think I'm a little eccentric.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, you know, right, D speaking of your neighbor, have you ever had a conversation with that neighbor about if they've experienced anything weird on their property or is it not come up yet?
Speaker 3: No? Well, I I talked to them and they told me that that something happened to one of their dogs one time, that something had tried grabbing it because it was it was a big like cash in it, And I mean that could be anything, you know. And then I started asking them about bears and stuff like that, and uh, his dogs run around the property, they're they're out about all the time. And man, some nights they are carrying on marketing stuff like that. Could be coyotes or bears. I don't really know. Nobody's ever really seen anything, you know, me or them, but like I say, it has this property hasn't been cleared for too long. And he's a lot younger than I am, and he's always working, so you know, other than something happening to one of his dogs, which you know, of course, could have been anything. I don't even know if it was, if it was a big foot, if they would have bothered going after a dog or not. But the a bear might have been able to you know. I like to I like to I like to have things explain. I don't I don't like the I don't like to not know. I mean, let me just tell you something real quick. A long time ago back and I grew up in South Florida, you know, always out in the Everglades fishing, camping. Well, one night, and this was probably back in like the early eighties, I was just hanging out front with a couple of my friends. We were drinking some beer, just hanging out talking, and up in the sky, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, there was this illuminated object, big like oval, and we've everybody just looked up there and like what is this thing? You know, we just all stood there and we were just checking this thing out in the sky, and then all of a sudden, it just like disappeared. And you know when you when you look at a light and then you shuck the light off and you're in a dark room, you kind of see an image in that light real briefly. Well, that's like what this was up in the sky, and it just disappeared and they left this this like light image. Well years later, years later, after I had moved to Georgia, I was watching a documentary and it was about UFOs being explained. And I'm telling you it might be hard to believe that they said one of their sightings, you know, they were talking about all these different sidings, said the next sighting is from Miami, Florida, you know, and so I'm like, oh, cool from Miami, and it was it was what I saw. It was what I saw. Somebody got their camera out and back then, you know, you didn't you didn't have a phone to record anything on andy get their big movie camera out and they claimed it was a blimp. Lit up from the inside. That's the way it was explained away on this show, and which it could have been, because you know, if it was lit up and they shut the light out, I could see seeing this image of this, you know, this blimp up in the sky. But the problem was was where I lived in Miami. I mean I've lived there my whole life, and out in the Oka Laca Oka Laca Airport they had a blimphanger and that was for the Goodyear Blind and I mean this thing was sober and it said Goodyear on the side of it, and you know, I just had a hard time believing that that was a you know, then it was a blimp lit up from the inside. But it was explained away, and I was happy with that, you know. And then years later, right before we left Georgia, Oh no, no, this was when we first moved. Yeah, this is when we first moved to Georgia. Our home was built on a Confederate battle line, and one night I woke up and I saw these illuminated figures in the in the in the in the bedroom. They were like the head and shoulders of what it looked like somebody back from the Civil War era. Two guys and and one woman, and they were just kind of lit up in the dark, not blowing bright like a light, just lit up, almost similar to the way the thing was I saw in the sky. You know. It wasn't a bright light, but you could see it in the dark. And they turned and went through the wall as I was looking at him. Well, my wife had told me. I told her what I saw, and she said, oh my gosh, the boys were describing something just like what you saw, you know, except they saw the whole woman. They didn't see the guys. And so years later, before I left Georgia, I saw this special and it was talking about a waking dream and it described exactly how I felt was when I woke up. It felt like I couldn't move, but I was visually looking at this stuff. And then I got up and I was like, oh man, I wish it would happen again. And that was explained away. So I had a waking dreams. So the first one was an illuminated blimp and the second one was awaking dream. So that's what I'm hoping to find out with this. I want to try and explain what I saw to myself. You know, I got to have like a closure or something on it. And you know, chances are it probably was you know, a bear, because there was more bear than there was bigfoot in the area. I'm pretty sure of that. But you know, I just don't know, man, I just don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, the Confederate ghost thing is interesting too, because it's not just you that had that incident. It's also the children, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was the kids. They had saw it. Also. One night I came home from work. We uh, I worked for a huge grocery store chain up there in Georgia. And I came home and the kids and the wife are downstairs watching TV. I was I was wiped out. I went upstairs and I laid down in dead. I just you know, kind of just needed to relax for a little while. And I felt the bed. After I was there for a while, I felt the dead, like like somebody pushing on the bed. And I'm thinking, oh, man, canting, people, leave me alone. I just want to get a little rest, you know, And it happened again. You know, it was you know, a slight pause and and I felt this, you know, shaken on the bed again, and I never opened my eyes I just laid there and then that was that. Thinking back on it, I was like, oh, man, I wish I would have just opened my eyes. You know, if I would have to opened my eyes, I might have seen something, you know, because I saw these two figures. I mean, it was it was really cool because when I got up out of bed, it was like, oh my god, I can't believe what I just saw. Man, you know, come back, you know, please come back. You know. Of course, nothing ever happened as far as actually seeing them, but then I had the bed shaking. And then also out in the front yard again it was a new home. I was trying to get grass growing, and there was a huge X, perfect X thing, probably hard to think back, twenty thirty foot long X that died in the front yard. And my neighbor across the street he came over and he was like, Frank, what are you doing to your yard? And I'm like, man, I don't know. I didn't do anything. I'm trying to get grass growing, you know, And this X came back two years in a row, the first two years we were there, and I'm thinking, maybe, you know, they buried something under the ground and it's close to the surface. That's what's causing the ground to die, the grass to die. I don't know. And now I'm thinking back on I'm like, man, I should have Maybe I should have dug where the X was at. Maybe there was something down in the ground, you know. I don't know, but I know it was a Confederate battle line because there was a blackout on the road out in front of the subdivision commemorating the the area. So and there was this one guy he used to come around with a metal detector and he'd scanned the trees, these big old oak trees, you know, and and tell me that he used to find bullety. Well he didn't actually like dig them out, they were, you know, they were way too far in there. But he said it was just cool to scan the trees with his metal detector and find these these old you know, Civil War you know, uh bullets and in the in the trees. So it was definitely an all competitive battle line. And uh yeah, it had me going, man, I'll tell you that, I actually, yeah it it it all had And that was in a span of like just a couple of years, because after we were there for about three or four years, the kids quit see in this. In fact, what it was was it would stand in the hallway. I just talked with my son just recently about it because he you know, I I was going to be talking to you and I I wanted to refer back to this, like wanting to find out what the heck you know I saw. I loved things getting explained to me. So I don't know I want closure on it, but h yeah, yeah, it was something. It really was. It had me going for a while.
Speaker 1: So the Bigfoot, I'll start with this. Conversations like this. Usually I have a lot of these conversations that usually happen unrecorded, believe it or not. And it is wild because so many people, like in the Bigfoot field, you want to have some sort of closure, but it's like one of those deals where like you just you can't get the actual answer right, because it's one of those last great mysteries. Now, if I'm looking at like what you have provided to me so far, I'm trying to think through it. There's some really interesting things that stand out, and one of them is, you know, you've got the eyes. But the other really interesting thing is that you have a property where you've recently started to you know, try to turn it into something else, and it's you know, maybe trees are getting taken down or you're doing stuff, and so the woods is maybe turning into something else. Right, So there's that. But then the big deal is that this area, as you already said, has a lot of history to it, and like the Talladega National Forest is one of the craziest bigfoot areas. I mean, there's if you go further south in Talladega, you've got the Hollands Hunting, the Hollands Hunter camp where I mean you had that hunter that was found under his tree stand where his like his arms were pulled out of his sockets. And it's just it's a really intense one that's not near your area, but it's further south in the same forest. So if you're gonna ask me, like what do I think it is or or how concerned do I need to be? Unless unless you start to hear where other people, like someone has a sighting in the area or someone else has weird stuff happen. I might put it at like a fifty percent and one thing you could do, like if you were you're like, I really just don't want anything around here, and just to make sure, like you, a lot of people will put like game cams around the corners of their house or like in the backyard, you know, where you you have the like you saw the eyes, because usually most people will think, hey, there's something with the ir in these cameras and they don't like it, and they just they just get out of there.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: But that's that's pretty much what the community has has been looking at so far when when it comes to that with the game cameras. But man, because it's it's like, I'm just kind of thinking freely out out loud here because you didn't see any tracks and did you have any trees where like they were broken weird or woven weird or or or arched over anything really strange?
Speaker 2: Like that didn't sound like.
Speaker 3: Actually there's there's it's kind of like I just call it the property line. It's it's it's not actually my property. But because there's there's uh, there's a big open area that I live on. Somebody bought some property off next to me and they keep lot of they keep a lot of like uh, construction equipment there. And then uh uh so there was the longest longest this this particular line, there was an old tree that had broke and uh it's it's kind of like and it probably just fell and it's it's landing that it landed this way, but it was it was an old dead tree and it broke somehow, and it happened just recently. My wife pointed it out to me because she used to see these woodpeckers that were in it. There was a couple of uh pilated to lated whatever woodpeckers that would go over there and you know, prepare this tree up and it fell over and it's it's like sitting up. It fell into the crooked two trees, so it almost looks like a like a fence, like like somebody almost kind of marked this this property line. You know. I looked at it and I said, oh, yeah, look at that. You know, the I did see a big foot and that it picked it up and it's marking. It's telling me, you know, don't go past this this tree. I just set here, you know, And uh yeah, So that that's that's the only thing that I saw there with with something like that where you know, and as far as I say, like I say, the ground, you know, yeah, you're you're you're not going to make an imprint in this clay. When it's when it's dry and it's hard, there's there's nothing. And the grass is well, it's not grass, it's it's just you know, stubs and weeds and stuff like that cut real short, so there's no there wouldn't be anything there. The bear prints that we had seen were down around near the down around near the drainage when it was when it was still wet, and then I had filled some holes on my property and one of them happened to step into the into the into the clay. I guess, I don't guess it would have had to have been wet, because I was out there walking the dogs and oh, man, look at this a bear print, you know, and uh, it was a big one too. It was it was a pretty big bear print, so that, you know, that could have been what I saw was this, you know, very large. Uh. I guess it'd have to be a black bear, right.
Speaker 1: I would think so based on the area you're in, it would probably be if you're if you're thinking a bear, it'd probably be a black bear, is my guess. But yeah, man, yeah, if I if i I'm and listeners are this is is very it's a different show, which is it's a different episode, which is a okay with me. I would think there's a likelihood you may have a bear going on in the back based on what you have presented to me. Uh, if you're at the point though, because sometimes it's like, well, I just don't know, and I might want to take a little extra precaution, maybe throw a game cam up there. The worst thing that happens is you get a picture of a bear and then you really.
Speaker 3: Know, right, yeah, yeah, well I plan on doing that too. I should have told everybody to get me some game cam, you know, trail cams for the for Christmas, instead of the instead of the you know, the night vision goggles. But I want those because I like looking out over the property and seeing what's out there at night, you know, and uh yeah, if it's a bear, it's it's definitely a big one. And the uh you know, I'm glad I got my fence up and the dogs are around and stuff like that. But yeah, it's just like I said, the way it wouldn't have it wouldn't have alarmed me as much as it did. If the thing wouldn't have stopped so many times, well twice and looked back at me, you know, and and like I say, the size of the eyes and the you know, the the spread on the eyes. I just got a lot of things working against me. I need to get us. I've always said I needed to get a stronger flashlight. They've got some of these flashlights out there, you know, they're whatever, super powerful. Yeah. Yeah, And trail cams. I wanted to set up a deer feeder or you know, put something out there, maybe a salt lick, but probably a deer feeder and a trail cam to see what comes around at night, because there's a bunch of deer on the property too. And you know, I've only I've only lived here for about ten months, so everything is still in the development stage. Now.
Speaker 1: Something that might be that might happen, and it happens a lot once the episode gets out, is it could be a thing where people watch this and then they're like, dude, there's a ton of bigfoot stuff happening in Muscadine or fruit Hurst or wherever, and that could be if that does happen, that could be something to take into consideration. But we really can only go off of the stuff that we know so far, right, and and going off of that, I would that's where I'm kind of leaning is probably more a really big black bear. Yeah, that's what I would do if I was in your situation, like, I would lean probably more towards that and maybe throw.
Speaker 3: Up a game cand Yeah. I've watched a lot of trail cam stuff, game cameras of footage on YouTube, and some of the stuff you get at night is just so cool. The guy up the street for me, he's got one, and he was telling me that he got this big bobcat on his you know. And now that I since I know that there's a bear in the area, I'm thinking, yeah, I'd definitely like to get one that and all the deer and you know, possible bobcat. Who knows what else you get?
Speaker 2: M h, Yeah, that's really mean.
Speaker 3: You know, one thing I've always wondered is why they haven't gotten better pictures of if you know, there was a big foot in the area, and it was to go buy a trail cam, you know, because I see perfectly crystal clear pictures of bear and of beer and you know everything. You know, I saw this one guy he got some really awesome stuff on a Florida panthers, you know, and they're pretty they're they're pretty elusive. I mean there's game wardens that have been working in the other plades for you know, twenty thirty years and they've never even seen a Florida panther and this guy had some on his trail camp. You know what, why do you think that is? Why? It is? Because I've heard something about that bigfoot can can like hear maybe because I know bears will walk up and buy trail cams, so there's there's there's something to them. What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what I've what I've so the bear bearer attracted to it, from what I've heard, because of the lithium batteries usually and that's why they're going to go after the game cams. That's just what I've heard. A lot of people in the community will think that, you know, there's something to do.
Speaker 3: With the ir.
Speaker 1: Perhaps the bigfoot can see it, and that's why we're not getting cameras or we're not getting photos of it. The other thing that is always brought up is that, yeah, there are really good photos that people have up out there, but they are not sharing them because either they're afraid of what will be the fallout, you know, if they're the person that has a really good photo.
Speaker 2: I mean I've talked to.
Speaker 1: There's a few people that I've talked to where they're like, yeah, we saw a photo at a conference and the guy was like, I can't put it out there because it's it's gonna ruin everything for me and my property. So if you take that as being truthful, yeah, there could be some good photos out there, just they haven't really been shared to the public. But yeah, for game camera stuff, pretty much going with the it may be able to see the ir and that's why we're not getting.
Speaker 2: A lot of photos. But at the end of the day, it's a tricky thing.
Speaker 1: A lot of it is hypotheticals, you know, because we haven't been able to actually study a specimen yet and see how it does react to different things like I are so yeah, but or they're just.
Speaker 3: More intelligent than you really give them credit for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, it's it's.
Speaker 3: I've heard a lot of speculation on them, you know, like, uh, oh, well they're you know, Gigantapithecus or an offspring of giganti Pithecus, and with some of the other stuff.
Speaker 2: There's there's all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, and I mean I believe that there there's just so much out there. I mean I've I've watched a ton of stuff on on on the on the on YouTube about documentaries and everything, you know, stuff from like Jeff Meldrum and I know you you've you've heard of him. Uh, And I mean some of the footprints that he's got, like the crippled footprint. You know how anyone can fake that? Some tracks of some footprints have dermal ridges on them. I mean, there's just some stuff that can't be faked.
Speaker 1: Oh man, if you ever get a chance to see one of those casts in person that have dermal ridges. I have one of those from the mount Hood area and it will just blow your mind.
Speaker 3: Dude is.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen the pictures of the Mayaca skunk Gate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one that looks like inn Irngu Tan sort of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it kind of looks like in irang.
Speaker 2: It's weird, right, It's really weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sure is? It? Sure is? What what? Because when I had looked at the pictures, I I looked all over the internet. I googled a bunch of different stuff, and I finally found something where they were using the picture and they were trying to figure out what it was. And they had somebody that said it was some kind of primatologists from maybe the Miami Zoo or somewhere down there in South Florida, and they were saying that they thought it was a hoax picture because it definitely wasn't an orangu thing and it looks close closely to one, you know, but they were claiming that it wasn't and that picture just doesn't well, that's one of the you know, talking about getting good pictures. That's that's where someone went out on their back porch and actually just took a picture of it. I think that wasn't from an actual trail camp. That was a regular photo. And they had two of them, and I mean the teeth, you know, the eye shine that that it wasn't a cost and it was a definite animal. Sometime, I just you know, found that thing to be really really really interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think if I remember this the story right, it's from way back in two thousand and I believe it's an anonymous woman sent the two pictures. This Sarasota County Sheriff's Department. Yeah, so exactly, it's weird. I mean if it was out today, I would be like, it'd be easy because we just would be like, oh, like that's Ai.
Speaker 2: That it's because AI is so good.
Speaker 1: But like the fact that it's well, it's twenty six years old now, I mean that was a different timeframe when it comes, you know, for graphics and things.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wish that we knew the actual person that turned it in. That would be really cool. But the area, I mean, the Mayaka River area. I've taken so many reports from that area. I mean it is extremely active area. So yeah, it's a very very interesting photo. People need to check it out as they've never looked at. Just look up my act a skunkcape photo. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was that was That was a heck of a photo there, that one there, and uh, there was another one that I had seen where it was it was a white skunky it no, well I shouldn't call it a skunk. A big foot from up north somewhere and a guy was out on his property. It was at night because he kept saying that he was hearing something and he was out looking with he had a camera and a light, and he caught a picture. He got a quick glimpse of uh, got a quick glimpse of something. And I mean the face on it, man, that that was. That was something. It looked at him. He caught it in the in the in his in his flashlight, and it turned around real quick and just darted off into the woods. But the face on it, it was, you know, and I don't know how old it is, you know, if it was AI or anything like that. But that was the only other picture that I had seen that was like, Wow, what was that?
Speaker 1: I think like the I think I might know the one you're talking about, but yeah, if you could, if you could email me a link to that, just to just to double check. I'm pretty sure I know which one it is, but I'm not one hundred percent sure on that one.
Speaker 3: But it was. It was. It was white. It was real white. It had Yeah, it was. It was really really really good, really good picture, you know. But the footprints I wish I wish, man, I'm telling you, I wish that ground back there wouldn't have been dried up. I was happy to see it dried up because it was terrible to try and mow around it. But whatever it was was just it was just standing down there. That's you know, that's that's the whole thing. When I when I turned my back porch light on and that you know, that bug light was able to illuminate its thighs from well, I'm just gonna say, from way over one hundred feet away, and so it had to have been something really big. And then when it turned and I could see how far the eyes were, it was definitely some really really big And you know, to know that there's a black bed out there that big, it's kind of kind of cool to kind of unsettling a little bit. I don't go tucking around at night out there too much.
Speaker 1: So I would say, I mean, if I was there, I'd I'd definitely be aware and i'd probably try to get a picture of it. But it's definitely a thing where, you know, I don't think we know one hundred percent either way, right, And I mean I would say if you do experience other stuff out there, I would definitely like to hear about it.
Speaker 2: It can be very interesting.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well, I've I've always liked kind of well, like back in the where I moved up here. I lived in North Florida, and uh, there was woods all around us there. We've always lived more rural areas. And uh I always used to put like if we had old food, the turkey carcass from Thanksgiving, any any old food or junk like that, if I went and went fishing and brought the fish home and cleaned the fish, I'd take all the heads and guts and everything, and I'd take it out behind my house and put it out there. And and uh never did get a trail cam. I should have gotten a trail cam, and uh, just to see what was out there eating the stuff at night, because the next day everything would just be gone, you know. I mean there was tons of coyotes. And one of the neighbors said that they saw a big giant cat of some sort. And uh, I had a buddy that had he had a trail cam on his property, and he said he had gotten pictures of some uh some kind of big cat out on their property. And know, all that stuff is really cool. So I was thinking of getting like maybe a couple of bags of apples and trail cam, you know, and trying to set up something to debate things in, because I think it's easier to bring things into you than to have you go trying to look for it. If it's possible to.
Speaker 1: Do, yeah, i'd agree with that. I would agree with that. Yeah, absolutely, And.
Speaker 3: Possibly, you know, possibly get some pictures of the big bear on my property, because that's that's you know. After I was over my even kind of freaked out about what I saw, I was like, yeah, you know, it probably is a bear. You know, it probably is, but I man, I gotta get I gotta get a camera out on my property.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I would say, I'd say it'd be a good idea. We'll frank, it's a good conversation. We talked about a lot of stuff that really doesn't come up on the show, and I think I think that's a good thing. But as I said before, you know, feel free to reach out if you notice anything else weird happening, or if you get a picture of a bear or anything else. I'd love to see it. But I just hey, thank you so much for coming on the show today and for sharing what you've experienced so far in your property.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hey, thanks for talking to me. Man. I feel like you know things are more conclusive in my head. I feel better about it. You know. I really like that. Like I say, I like the things. I like to have explanations. I like things to be explained away, and I feel like I have that done. So thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Man, you got it, Jem, Thank you, Frank, and it's good chatting with you. And we'll be in touch.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, thanks a lot. Man. You have a good day you.
Speaker 2: Too, Man, have a good one.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: All right, but have you ever heard all the accounts of bigfoot activity around Oakridge, Oregon? And you think to yourself, Man, I would love to get out in those woods and experience it for myself. Well, guess what this year you can. If this is interesting to you, stay tuned because it's pretty cool. Sasquatch summery Fest is coming up July tenth through the eleventh, twenty twenty six. It's going to be even better than the previous year's reason number one, I'll be one of the speakers. It's gonna be wild. I'll probably I'll say this. There may be stuff you haven't heard anywhere else, because let's just say sometimes it's well, you just got to be there. We'll leave at that more about looking for Bigfoot in the Oakridge Woods.
Speaker 2: Now check this out.
Speaker 1: You may know Jason Kenzie from his documentary series Searching for Sasquatch. Well, this year you can not only go to the festival, but you can also sign up for a track deep in the wild forest outside of Oakridge with Jason Kenzie to the Bigfoot Spots to look for Bigfoot. There's only eight spots to sign up for this, and yes, this will also be filmed for the next chapter in his documentary series, which is Searching for Sasquatch. This is a once in a lifetime deal. It's just it's going to be a wild, wild experience. To get a ticket, head on over to Sasquatch Summerfest dot com and listeners can use the code b sp like Bigfoot Society podcast in order to get a two day pass for the price of a one day pass. So thanks to Priscilla for giving me that code so that you guys can can get a little help with the cost there. Appreciate that, Priscilla. I hope to see you at the booth in Oakridge this year. We can talk about your encounter. Was able to talk to so many people last year and the year before. It is an incredible time. You're not going to want to miss it, and I'll see you there. Before we wrap this episode, I want to say something directly to a very specific group of listeners. If you're in the military, any branch or forces, and if you've seen something that no one can explain, or if you're a National park ranger or forestry worker who's been told to stay quiet, or if you're a pilot who's seen something strange down on the ground, or if you're with the FBI a federal agency, or working intelligence and you stumbled upon something you're not allowed to talk about. And if you're a firefighter, paramedic, or search and rescue responder who's heard screams or found tracks that didn't make sense. If you're in the logging industry on a remote oil field, or a trucker with government contracts and you've had something happen that you've never told a soul. And if you're a biologist, a wildlife specialist, or a field researcher under contract who has found evidence you're not allowed to report. If you're a pastor, a missionary, or someone on a spiritual retreat and you saw something that shook your faith. Or if you work in the shadows, CIA, NSA or anything with clearance and you've seen what the public hasn't, then I want to talk to you, even if it's anonymous. You can reach me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. The world needs to hear what you've been forced to carry alone, and you're not alone. You've got the story, We've got the mic see you in the woods. Thank you for listening to this episode of the Bigfoot Society podcast. Every encounter we share reminds us that the world is bigger and stranger than we think, and that the truth is often hiding just beyond the tree line. If you enjoyed this episode, please be sure to subscribe to the channel on YouTube hit the bell so you don't miss the next episode, and share this with a friend who's into mysteries, monsters or the unexplained. And if you're listening to us on Spotify or Apple podcast, please follow the show there and leave us a five star positive review because all that helps more people discover the show. And remember, if you or someone you know has had a Bigfoot sighting, please I'd love to hear from you, so email me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com and let's start the conversation. If you haven't gotten a chance yet, check out our membership community over at www dot Bigfoot Society podcast dot com and that's where you can hear tomorrow's episode today early in ad free and members only episodes every week. Also, it's a place to connect with other people that are into the Bigfoot subject as much as you are. Thanks again for following along with the Bigfoot Society until next time. Keep your eyes open, trust your gut, and never stop asking what else might be out there?
Speaker 2: And see you in the woods.