Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday, and that means I'm gonna be covering pop culture and Bravo. It's an episode we call Pop and Bravo. And today I've got Corey and Carly from Surviving Reality Pod. Look, guys, there they are. They're on the screen. If you're watching on you Hey guys, so you guys cover on Surviving Reality. I know you're big Sister Wives people, so now is your time to shine. Sister Wives are back.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, our super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, whether we want it or not, it's yeah, it happens every year.
Speaker 1: Not just as on.
Speaker 2: We have Special Forces with Cody, so we're also covering that over on and he's still there.
Speaker 1: He's still there. He hasn't dropped out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're still We're gonna have an episode coming out tonight. So it's Thursday night at nine pm. Special Forces is on. We're on week three. Week three, so he survived three weeks so far, three days in the time of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which I mean is pretty promising. It was further than we thought he was going to get. I mean, we were giving him two or three episodes in total.
Speaker 2: But it seems like he's doing better. He's doing better than everyone originally thought.
Speaker 4: Better than we thought. His hair isn't doing better though, Well it's getting wet, it's getting dry, it's not doing well.
Speaker 1: So my understanding, I'm understanding. Britney Cartwright was on is she left immediately and then immediately and Teresa Judae is on. She's gone up until last week.
Speaker 3: So she was looking for an out basically, and what was her out?
Speaker 2: So there was a challenge where they had to fight another person on the show and Gia was called up first and she didn't want to.
Speaker 3: So they were putting on boxing gloves. It was like a sparring. They called it a milling thing. I guess, I don't know, but yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was basically like she's gonna get punched, she was.
Speaker 3: Gonna fight somebody. Yeah, she was gonna have to hit and be hit. And Teresa was like, I can't watch this, and that was when she quit. So it was kind of a strange time to drop out, especially when Gia has voiced like her biggest trauma in her life was when her parents had to go away to prison, and so there was like a level of abandonment that's kind of in there, so then to be in this challenge mode and then have your mom essentially abandon you in that moment, it was kind of triggering for her. So yeah, maybe not the best time.
Speaker 2: She's still there, so Gia still hanging in, holding out wow, and they're not on as like teams, there's separate contents essence.
Speaker 1: But she said, I can't watch GA fight, so I'm going to leave the show.
Speaker 3: Well, Teresa's reasoning was, I can't watch ge again in a fight because I'll want to jump in, and so that was the excuse. But to be honest, like earlier in the episode.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of a good time, There was a lot of stairs.
Speaker 3: She was already thinking about quitting at that point like earlier on, so this just seemed like it was kind of inevitable, and then it just happened to coincide with this other challenge.
Speaker 1: Does anybody get voted off this show? Or you just try to make it to the end.
Speaker 2: So they can be told that they need to leave for various reasons, Eva, who was on America's Next Top Model, had to leave in the last episode because they felt like she couldn't mentally handle being there anymore. Because she had something that happened and kind of shook her up and made her afraid for her safety honestly, and the challenges.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so she had to leave.
Speaker 2: You could be asked to because you don't I guess follow directions properly and you're becoming a safety hazard to yourself for other people. But there's no like, no one else who's on the show can vote you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the drill sergeants, the staff that's there, or like you can be medically tapped out basically if you're unable to continue due to an injury or anything.
Speaker 2: Like that, which is what we're guessing will eventually happen to Cody. I don't think he gets through this whole time without having some type of injury.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's who else on the show? Who else is on the show? I don't think I knew Geo was on it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think those were all the Bravo people right for the most I think she's the last one remaining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, John, Yeah, there's like x NFL players, Okay, some x NBA. I I don't really watch basketball or football. That's why I do reality TV podcasts though, But like, no hockey players this season.
Speaker 2: Sean Johnson and her husband are on it. I'm trying to think any other big names.
Speaker 3: Jesse, Smilette Muller. Jesse has been at the bottom of our list. We have like a running of bracketology, which is basically like fantasy sports for reality TV stuff. Yeah, so we have a bracket going for specifically for special Forces. Jesse is at the bottom of our list.
Speaker 4: We're expecting him to leave.
Speaker 1: Next Okay, okay, well I listen. I'll just listen to you guys, because I'm not going to watch this. I'm not gonna watch this show. Once Brittany left, I was like, I have no reason to watch it. I was only gonna watch her and be like, I don't want to jump out this air blanket. Jacks is mean to me.
Speaker 4: You know that would have got you about twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Then into the first episode or so, she didn't last very long out oh.
Speaker 2: No, by the way, and she was like, I don't think I can make it the rest of the way because they had to run back to camp. She wasn't even out of breath, like she seemed like she was doing okay. She just I really think she decides she just didn't want to do the show. She got in her own first experience.
Speaker 3: Like she got in her own head about it too, where she was like, oh, I just didn't want to be the first one to leave, and then she was I knew I would be the first one to leave. And it's like, well, if you're kind of if you're telling yourself you were going to be the first person to leave, and then you are the first person to leave.
Speaker 4: How surprised are you.
Speaker 1: My understanding is from that show that they get all get paid the same amount, no matter what. So that's what if you got your money. You got your money is if you really can't take it, go ahead and leave. But maybe if you make it to the end, maybe they give you a little bonus, but you've already gotten paid and you're like, I don't want to jump out of an airplane. Bye bye. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We kept feeing like Cody probably paid to be on this season, like he needed to know, you know, where to send the check because he was just excited about the opportunity to rub elbows with the football players and he loves him quarderback.
Speaker 1: So how embarrassing, How embarrassing for Cody? Oh my god, well is it. It's given the people that recap Sister Wives a lot of extra material. So I'm really glad for all of you that cover Sister Wise, I'm happy for you as a fellow podcaster that you've got this bonus material to cover regarding Cody and his hair. Now, what else are you guys covering over on Surviving Reality.
Speaker 2: Well, we just wrapped up Welcome to Platfell, and now you're recapping Seeking Sister Wife.
Speaker 1: Seeking Sister Amazing.
Speaker 3: You would think there would be a lot of crossover in that audience of like the Sister Wives fandom and then Seeking Sister Wife. We're finding that it's not a lot of It doesn't because like Sister Wives is very like family following, you know, it's like the Brown family.
Speaker 4: They like the characters of that.
Speaker 3: Seeking Sister Wife is like kind of this weird.
Speaker 1: This looks slap oh yeash, It's.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, like just the the underbelly of the process. You're like seeing how the sausage is made a little bit more and yeah, I mean like in that.
Speaker 4: Sort of term.
Speaker 3: Well, especially Garrick sausage, It's made every week and it is very unpleasant.
Speaker 1: Every other night. Every other night Who's going to change the sheets? That was the conversation this week, and I was like, not any other you know, Polygama situation we've ever seen on any of these shows that we cover. Does the demand stay in one spot and the women have to rotate to him? It's so crazy.
Speaker 2: How Derek changes the sheets? Right, how about that be his responsibility.
Speaker 3: If it's his room, he should make that, you know, ready for the next wife.
Speaker 4: Then who comes?
Speaker 1: Is there a break night? Because there's seven nights in the week, so you think they each take three and then on the seventh night they rest. But just like, yeah, yeah, just like. But then Danielle and Lorena now are sharing that sister room, which I think Danielle thinks it's like the summer camp she never.
Speaker 4: Got to go to.
Speaker 1: She's so excited they must have.
Speaker 2: A night where they get to spend the night together. Not in that way, well you know what I mean. Although I don't know, do you think that maybe Danielle has seemed interested before? Yeah, and some of the earlier robertas.
Speaker 5: Roberta number number two and she was trying to smooch on because she had her own like sister wife Clauda ring sort of engagement proposal that took place.
Speaker 4: And then she leaned in and then it was like yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, that's right. Yeah Bert too, she did try to kiss I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's controlling herself a little better this season.
Speaker 3: I forgot it was her birthday too, I mean, Garrek always forgets when it's her birthday.
Speaker 4: But like to bring to number.
Speaker 3: Three here on your birthday, Danielle's birthday, and to like re cast kind of that they had a bad experience on Danielle's birthday a few years ago because the engagement to reverted number two.
Speaker 4: Didn't pan out.
Speaker 3: So trying to like, you have to reinforce.
Speaker 4: It, get great history, the better.
Speaker 3: Experiences here to push away those bad emotions instead, y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm here to tell you again about my obsession with the Go Pure. I told y'all last time that I bought the Go Pure net cream before they were a sponsor. I'm obsessed with it. I've purchased every product they offer. I've been using the shower scrub, the net cream, the arm cream, and the butt cream. I have a subscription, guys. It comes every single month now. I know in the fall you think, thank goodness, my arms are covered, but you can't pretend they don't exist. Covered up doesn't mean forgotten. That skin still needs love, y'all. That's exactly why Go Pure created the Neck and Arm cream Bundle, a powerhouse duo designed to visibly firm, smooth and restore the look of sagging, crapy skin where it matters most, your neck and your arms. Go Pures Creams will not be that one that sits in the drawer. You're gonna love it. You're gonna use it every day. It sits right on my counter. All Go peer products are cruelty for you, paurabin free and sulfate free, so you know you're giving your skin clean, effective care without those harsh chemicals. Fall might mean more layers, but that's no excuse to ignore your neck in your arms. Treat them now so the next time they're revealed, they're ready. Like what if you go on a vacation and you need to go sleepless. What if you have a hot flash and you got to strip down to your tank top. Your neck and your arms have to be ready. Thousands have made Go Pure their go to for visible results in just four to eight weeks I have and you should to go ahead, give your skin the reset it's been waiting for, and see why this bundle keeps selling out? And did you know? You can try all Go Pure products risk free for sixty days. You love your results, or you get your money back, no questions asked. Right now, Go Pure has a crazy deal for a limited time. You can get fifty seven percent off the Titan and Liftneck Green my favorite, and the Sculpt and Tone arm Cream bundle. You can also get twenty five percent off all the other products by using code pink Shade at gopure dot com. So head over to gopure dot com and use code pink shade for a huge discount. And after you do, they'll say where did you hear about us? And make sure you say pink Shade sent you. Thanks y'all. To that time of year, I'm ready to settle back into my fall routine. The days are getting shorter and a little crisper. I love it so much, and I find myself craving comforting home cooked meals. Home Chef makes it easy with their oven ready options and hardy recipes that hit the spot without me stressing about what is for dinner for everybody. Home Chef is rated number one by users of other meal kits for quality, convenience, value, taste, and recipe ease. Whatever kind of day you're having, there's a home Chef option that works for you. They have classic recipes with fresh ingredients, thirty minute meals, oven ready trays, and quick microwave options. There's even a dedicated family menu for hassle free, delicious dinners. My favorite meal kits are the classics. You get all the ingredients for a recipe and boom dinner is ready, easy cleanup and you don't feel gross because you order to take out again. And it's not one size fits all. Home Chef has over thirty meal options each week, with choices for different diets and taste, and it's affordable. Home Chef customers save an average of eighty six dollars per month on groceries and on nights where you just need something super easy. Home Chefs five ingredient meals are perfect, five fresh, pre portioned ingredients, and dinner is boom done. For a limited time, Home Chef is offering my listeners fifty percent off and free shipping for your first box, plus free dessert for Life. Go to home chef dot com slash pink Shade. That's home chef dot com slash pink Shade for fifty percent off your first box and free dessert for life. Home chef dot com slash pink Shade must be an active subscriber to receive a free dessert. Well, I tell you that guy I don't know at least Nick is Nick Davis of Seeking Sister wife is out there saying things like, listen, I think very highly of myself and I think I'm the smartest man in the world, So I am I do try to tamp it down and don't assume people like me. I was like, okay, that's slightly self aware, Nick. You know, with Teresa at the News, I.
Speaker 2: Was surprised with that. Yeah, I think he's a little afraid of Teresa. Think, what do you think?
Speaker 1: What do you think When she picked him up and spun him around, She's showed who was in charge.
Speaker 3: The twirling just an effortless too, by.
Speaker 2: The way, like a rag doll.
Speaker 1: He laughed and laughed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just got up and was kicking his feet and stuff too. So it was just yeah, he was very excited about it. And then in the hot tub later too. It's just it's all legs. There's just like limbs everywhere, and it's like, wow, this is this is happening.
Speaker 1: Who do you think changes the sheets in the boom Boom room?
Speaker 4: That is a team effort.
Speaker 2: Right, the beds so well, the boom Boom Room. Oh, the boom Boom that's a regular size bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's the it has to be a group project for the sleeping bed because that thing is a mile wide.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they had to get custom sheets. Yes, yeah, Boom Boom room probably is just once a week, just whoever's turn it is. They're not trying to.
Speaker 2: Go between worried about it.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like this mushroom on Jersey Shore. It's just kind of.
Speaker 2: Like maybe it usually has no sheets, usually has.
Speaker 4: No sheets, and then like.
Speaker 3: You're going to clean it if you're planning to use it, but like if it's a spur of the moment thing, it's just kind of it's.
Speaker 2: Just a bear mattress with it.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's talking about this now. You guys are watching Salt Lake City, So I love that because I don't you don't guys don't watch tons of Bravo.
Speaker 2: Right, No, we dabble a little bit here and there with specific things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like our cover it or is just for fun.
Speaker 2: So we covered it on Surviving Reality last season. We are still covering it now, but we're over on Patreon. We're getting live after shows. You don't have to sign up to You don't have to be paid to be on Patreon. You can sign up as a free member and just join us on Tuesday nights at nine point thirty after it airs. Because we're not trying to live recap.
Speaker 3: We're not trying to compete with Andy on watch what happens, you know.
Speaker 2: So we're leaving the time you're thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: You can watch that and then you can join the live with us. Yeah, we didn't want to step on anybody's toes.
Speaker 1: Wait, and you don't have to be a paid member of Patreon to watch the live it's for it's for free members as well.
Speaker 4: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: Well guys, aren't you guys nice?
Speaker 4: It's fun. Good.
Speaker 1: The more the merrier, given free content to the people. That's nice. There we go, that's a great idea. Okay, well this was a banger episode of Salt Lake City. I mean so much happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and we got another I feel like classic line from Angie that's going to live an in for me. French fries. You do French fries, I do franchise.
Speaker 1: Yes, there were so I was like, which one because she's so great now? It was really good and so many different layers would you and I talk to I was like, you guys, watch any other ones. I'm want to take like a little bit of notes and you're like no, I was like, yes, thank god. So, because there was so much that happened in this episode, I was like, I don't know how we would get to all of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we opened this episode with the dismissed Lawsuits luncheon where everybody's yelling at each other and we just, oh, I'm sorry. It was the clarity Luncheon.
Speaker 2: That's what she fished named it. Okay, Well, everybody.
Speaker 3: Needs to know Carly is a big defender of Lisa Barlow.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit of a Lisa Barlow.
Speaker 3: Apologize Lisa Barlow and it's like, I get it.
Speaker 1: Days are rough.
Speaker 3: I gave her fair warning. I said this one. There's a few episodes now where it's like it's going to be a tough one to defend her on. And then anytime she starts going in on the defense stance and it's like, you gotta be careful because like, I don't think this is gonna fly, but some stuff has been making sense.
Speaker 2: I was rough on her this week.
Speaker 3: Rough on her this week, though, yes, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Last week? Did you feel good about the gout dick sucker slam that she thought was really going to hit that didn't?
Speaker 2: I felt so good about it. I think that she had I think she paid so we know she has many assistants, many attorneys, many people who work for her cybersecurity. I do believe that she paid somebody in the off season to go through old footage and come up with some things that she could yell at people in random fights. And that was one of them. I'm convinced.
Speaker 1: But it didn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: No, no, okay, I don't think she thought about it that deeply. She just has a list and she's running down.
Speaker 3: It right, Like she didn't double check the source material.
Speaker 2: There was no editing done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just like whatever they put in front of her, and she was like, okay, great, yeah, I'm going to use these because We ran into that with this episode too, where it was like some of the stuff she was kind of throwing at Angie, where Angie's like, I don't even know what you're talking about, Like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think if she would have said you sucked dick for an old man that has gout, or you suck old man dick, there's just lots of other ways, but gout dick sucker just didn't didn't. Just sort of like when she for you, no, It's like she was like Whitney and Heather bad Weather and you're like, no, no, See.
Speaker 2: That's why I enjoy what her though, because she she is the epitome of a delusional housewife where she really thinks she thinks she's doing a good job. Yeah, and that's what makes it funny.
Speaker 3: She thinks that is she though, well.
Speaker 1: She's a good housewife and that we're talking about her a lot. But you know, it's sort of like when when she looked right at Heather Gay and said, you know, my life is just different than you, like I'm just it's it's a it's a i'm up here, you're down here moment. You know, it's like I'm so much better than you and that's just a really awful thing to say to your friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do big things, big things, big things.
Speaker 1: I'm involved in everything. I'm partying with Ben Affleck. So Ben Affleck's like, listen, I got a space open. J Loo's Ben and Jen Affleck. Yeah, Ben and Engen and also not related. So so the best the best part of it was when Heather had to turn and explain to Mary the discs that and you made, which was you do French fries, I do franchise, And when Heather turned it was and I was glad she did because I didn't quite understand it either. And Mary goes, oh, that's good, that's.
Speaker 4: Good, that's good. Yeah, very impressive.
Speaker 1: She was good.
Speaker 3: She's learning though, Like that's what we've noticed with Angie is I think they paired her with Mary because Mary's very quick, very in the moment, and then like that was what Angie needed work on, because Angie was good in the confessionals, like afterwards she could do some one liner stuff, but like in the moment, I think she would get nervous, she would get flustered.
Speaker 4: So like she's kind of come out of that. She's finding her Yeah, her voice so to speak, I guess.
Speaker 1: Well it was really good and I was really and I'm just listen, I'm a Mary apologist. I don't care how many people she swindled in that church. Like I love Mary. I just think it's fine that she's a cult leader. It's fine, Like I love her.
Speaker 5: She is.
Speaker 1: Wat's great now that she's back in she's back. Yeah, she's really giving it to us. I hope she got a raise. So then it seems like all of a sudden, Lisa sort of like I just was, I'm sorry to everybody. And then bron When comes in as sort of like I am the voice of reason and you should not have said this and this, and she's sort of but by the way, don't forget that like last episode four minutes before, Whitney went over and like physically touched Lisa, who like hit her.
Speaker 4: We were napkin in her face.
Speaker 1: Now we've just forgotten all about that. It's like, whoa, wow, I mean she was really I mean Whitney was really mad, like legit mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's very about wild Rose Beauty, like she she's really you say anything about her businesses this season and she's losing it.
Speaker 1: She's like, I know it was failed. It was a failed business. I'm fixing it. I'm fixing it.
Speaker 4: Nobody cares.
Speaker 2: No, it's hard to keep track of which one of her businesses that was she's talking about.
Speaker 4: That's why she failed.
Speaker 3: Has to specify that it's that one, because it's like, yeah, I mean, if you're talking about failed business, it could be quite a few.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, this was not the one that.
Speaker 3: We expected initially because this wasn't the one with all the drama from last season.
Speaker 4: That's totally different.
Speaker 1: But I think it was called Iris and Bow and then it was the exact same business. She just changed the name to wild Rose Beauty because I think she thought she was trying to capitalize on Whitney Rose. So that was probably stupid because if she had a name with Iris and Bow and whatever, it's not whatever. I'm not buying skincare from Whitney.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just not well the Ali Baba stuff too, Like it probably could have been to steer away from that.
Speaker 4: That's a whole that's a whole other business. Yeah, but that was true.
Speaker 1: We could all see the pictures. Because of the pictures, it's like it is sourced. I have different sources I'm like, and one of them is Alibaba dot Com. So Ram is the voice of reason here. She's like, everybody needs to like, you're sorry to you. You shouldn't have said this, you shouldn't have said that. And then we're done. Now everything's fine. Let's just forget that people were storming and throwing and screaming and poster boards were flying. Let's forget it. We go with a couple of quick scenes. We get Meredith describing her new jewelry store slash Caviar Lounge. So she's taking Meredith Mark's jewelry and making it into a tiny jewelry store that you have to walk through to get to the caviar lounge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is this alis in Wonderland design that she's talking about here, where it's like you have to start at the front of the store and then eat this and drink this, and then you can go through this little door and this keyhole.
Speaker 1: And then you're going to speak easy.
Speaker 3: Speak easy caviar speakeasy.
Speaker 1: And then you can go back. But you couldn't go up, but not unless you bought like some earrings first, like I don't understand.
Speaker 2: And then she's in the back de chain somebody that's yeah, you guys, there's gonna be.
Speaker 1: The merit is djaying is such a weird turn and her just and you're like, didn't she say last days that she had hearing aids? Yes, yes, so she's got hearing aids and she's yeah, we're talking about people's impairments.
Speaker 3: Now making fun of people's impairments now right.
Speaker 1: Where she has hearing aids. But now she's a djit I mean, okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right until like lean into it so much where like that is her catch phrase as part of the intro and stuff too, like they're all in on this where we haven't really.
Speaker 4: Seen a lot do it. That was jump right to that as being like her identity.
Speaker 3: Where you know it was baths, baths were her thing, right, and then now we're just moving away.
Speaker 1: From that baths caviar dj DJing, that's your natural progression, I guess right. So my producer Ingrid went to her store in Park City last time she was skiing and bought well first two years ago, she bought a dress. Meredith has dresses in there. There things she wore on TV.
Speaker 2: That you can buy used items like.
Speaker 3: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame just like outfits in the glass and stuff.
Speaker 1: Except for you can buy them. So English found like the cheapest thing in her size and it was like a pink coat dress because of course the blazer, you know, and bought it. It was you know, like one hundred dollars or something. But yeah, so she in You saw the racks of clothes in her store. It's a jewelry store, and that's what that is. She sells her clothes she wore on the show in that store. I guess that's that's.
Speaker 2: It's perplexing because hasn't she inherited a lot of money from her family, like one hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I mean, I think Seth has a very good job, but her kids are very STYLI and so I don't know if she did. I don't. I don't know that, but that's fascinating if she.
Speaker 2: Did, yeah, because it's like, why is she running a poshmark out of her store? Very odd. She's a little scattered on the business front. I think we could say.
Speaker 1: She and Whitney, She and Whitney. So then we get a quick scene and Mary and Mary and Heather having a very pleasant lunch, which just goes to show you Mary's in it. She's having lunch with Heather, who she once called inbread right to her face twice and fat. She called her fat too. Don't get that.
Speaker 2: She's done that to quite a few people, right, Yeah, yeah, you like to what others are.
Speaker 3: Eating a lot of different ways too, Like Mary comes up with very unique, very unique ways of telling people that they're fat, like ways that I've become fast yeah, or like it looks like the if this trend continues, there is fat in the future.
Speaker 4: And it's like, oh, what that kind of thing it was Manica? Yeah, I think she was ripped on Monica.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, she's ripped on Lisa Barlowe two for her fast food. She's like, that's.
Speaker 4: Gross, She's gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then we see a quick scene of Whitney and Justin setting up her striper pole, seeming to be in like a office area upstairs near a banner that she could go over into the downstairs area. It didn't seem like a safe area to be setting up that pole, not for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the maneuvers that she is known for that we've seen on camera with the centrifugal forces that are available there I don't think, yeah, that that.
Speaker 4: Close to a balcony is going to be the spot to do that.
Speaker 1: But maybe her kids were like, hey, we'd like to play Xbox down here. Can you get your striper pole out of the basement, mom, you know, And so she was like, all right, the kids don't want it down there. They're embarrassed when their friends come over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my friends are telling their parents, right.
Speaker 3: She likes that she has word around town is yeah.
Speaker 1: The carpool line. They're talking about her, and she says that, you know, for a long time, she stuffed away her fun side that twirls on the pole because she became a CEO. But now she's ready to have her flower rebloom.
Speaker 4: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: Was she a CEO of wild Rose Beauty, Iris and bo Ali Baba? What was this? She the CEO of.
Speaker 2: All of them, would be my guest. Yeah, that's why they've all gone downhill. But now she's found all of this free time that she can go back to exploring hobbies that she previously was interested in.
Speaker 3: She was on so many zoom calls and then yeah, having the stripper pole in the background, that was just it was not good for the general CEO image.
Speaker 4: That she was trying to uphold there, so she had to kind of pack that away for a little while.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, so now we see bron Whin and Lisa have a lunch at the Vita Tequila Lounge. I don't know if they're having a lunch, they're just having a This is the Vita Tequila Lounge. So everybody come if you're in town, I guess. And she's you know, and I love how Lisa is just like, you know, stacking her papers. She's just she's.
Speaker 2: Got a clip serious work.
Speaker 1: She's busy, she's working. She's a business lady doing business things. She's working. And they discussed her skipper pool.
Speaker 4: Yeah there's no.
Speaker 1: Ceo ceo vibes, and she's just got she's just elevated. So they discussed their beef, you know, and it's sort of like the things that Lisa said about bron Win's daughter. We see a flash too when we were in New York at the reunion and that whole journey about you know, Braun when agreeing to talk to Lisa about it on camera and Lisa knowing the what would be her former in laws if she would have married that guy who died it's a big it's a big mess. And you know, Ron when rightfully so, feeling very sort of stabbed in the back by Lisa about that whole thing. And then Lisa also of course calling around to find out that Brahmin didn't buy that four million dollar necklace that not one person in the world thought she bought, you know, and she says, you know, and then you made me feel like a horror by speaking about my husband, you know, saying that I sucked the gout dick or whatever, and she's like, I don't think you're a horror. I don't. They both, I think genuinely apologized to each other. There was no I'm sorry if you felt that way. There was no i'm sorry if well, it was just I'm sorry for what I said that hurt you. They actually like used the correct apology to each other.
Speaker 2: I believe waiting for Lisa to drop a I'm sorry, but but she didn't even I'm really.
Speaker 3: It was kind of the whole conversation though, was teetering. It was like on the edge of if this goes a little bit sideways, if somebody interprets something a little bit different than how it's supposed to land, here, this could go really bad really quick, Like there was some tension in this even though it was, yeah, a pretty successful apology, mutual apology.
Speaker 1: I felt bron when kept that on the tracks. I felt like Lisa could have gone off, but Bronin kind of kept it on the tracks and I did, like, you know the end that Lisa goes into her baby voice and goes, oh my god, we did the whole thing without even yelling. Brama goes into her baby voice, goes, I know, she goes because she goes for you. It's harder because you get loud and I get cutting, which is like you get loud because you're stupid, and I get cutting because I'm smart. It was a little bit of a dig, but Lisa's maybe not bright enough to pick up on it, but I picked up on it. I was like, yeah, yeah, it was great, it was good. It was a good one. It was a good one. They hug it out. They have a genuine hug out and ridiculous outfits, and that's what we're here for. That's what we like on the show right.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we get the best scene I think of the whole well, I don't know, there's two choices here, but this is the best one for me because I love Mary. Mary goes to see her renovated church that looks exactly like the church looked before with her cousin Big Joe. Now she reminds us about Big Joe one time took one year to put hardwood floors in the upstairs of their house, which is like a three day project. And she says, he's a contractor. He takes advantage, he does. And they walk in and they immediately see the painting that we've seen before, which is a Mama, her grandmother with Jesus. Yes, and that's not weird, and they know that. They accept that as being a painting that should happen. And she's walking around going to you know that molding up there that should match the cards. Oh yes, man, yes ma'am. And there are nails sticking out of the pews. Oh, oh yeah, that's bad, yes, ma'am, Yes, ma'am. Why does her cousin constantly call her yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: I think he's scared of her, terrified.
Speaker 1: It's the respect of her as the as the leader of the church.
Speaker 2: Have no I think he's scared.
Speaker 3: I think he's just scared yeah, if he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Of the pair the power that Mary got Cosby wields, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in a couple of different ways. Yeah, Like definitely there's a concern for well being. If things don't go, if things aren't to Mary's liking, then yeah, there will be hell to pay.
Speaker 2: It's not helping with the cult leader accusations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their first cousin is calling her yes, ma'am. And I believe her other cousin is her housekeeper, right, Yes, is that an aunt. I think it's a cousin.
Speaker 2: It's some family member. We saw that was the last season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: We saw her first season. We saw her first season too, that lady who just like well series around. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been employed long term, so that's good. It's promising.
Speaker 1: And you're thinking, like, because I think about my cousins and what we did when we were little, you know, like playing outside and doing crazy things. And now I got to say yes ma'am to my cousin Connie, like no.
Speaker 3: No, oh, we were talking about yeah, cousin, Uh, just the typical cousin. Things of watching inappropriate movies or like scary move too scary of a movie with your cousins that's like a cousin right of passage, so.
Speaker 1: They're older and their parents said they could have and yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I was like one of the older cousins. Like a lot of my cousins are much younger. It was like, well, one side of my family, I was like the youngest cousins, and then the other side of the family, I was one of the oldest cousins. Okay, so then it was like I've kind of had both sides of that experience too, where it's like, yeah, you get to be too young for the things that you're being involved in, and then you also get to expose kids to things that maybe they shouldn't be watching at that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not calling you, sir though, Oh.
Speaker 4: Nobody's calling me sir. No, yeah at all.
Speaker 1: Would they see you for Thanksgiving? They're like, yes, sir, yes, sir, yes, sir. Would you like me to pass you the gravy? Yes, sir. I mean it's wild And so obviously they planned, you know, to sit down and have this conversation to give us this backstory, because I have to imagine, after all the years on this show, that the production said, Mary, we can't just not address the fact that you're the leader of this church, like we can't and there's been so much written about it, and we just never address what she did was she just shut the church down. It was like, nope, I'm not doing that anymore. But now she's bringing it back. So I wonder if she's gonna be like a nicer, softer Mary so big. Joe says, now, how's Robert Junior doing? And she says, oh, you know, it's day by day, and she says, it's hurtful because we're so close now, but I'm now fully aware of what he's doing, and so that's actually more hurtful because I'm really aware when he's falling off because before she wasn't, you know, paying attention. And that's really sad. And I think that just the brief part I watched to watch What Happens Live before we got on, she did say that, you know, because he recently got arrested for like domestic abuse in a parking lot or something, that she said, he really actually has never had a fall like that. He's never had a rock bottom, He's never he's never had any consequences of his actions. She said, so actually that was good that he that that happened to him, because now he's doing better than ever, you know, which takes Robert.
Speaker 3: And she was talking about that too, where it was like it sounded like with her grandma, it was kind of like, hey, I'm handing the reins over to you. Like Mary had that moment where it was like here you go, I'm trusting you with this, and then like she's kind of hoping for that same level of confidence in Robert Junior. But it's like there's progress that needs to be made there too, because it's like she might be thinking about that too of like what's the legacy, what's the.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't even think about Robert Junior taking over the church?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's not going to go to cousin Joe. It takes me a year to put in the hardwood floors upstairs.
Speaker 1: That's going to work. No, but he's not going to get banished because he's doing a great job. No, you bet. He'd better be sending her birthday cards. You know what'll happen if you don't. Yeah. So, anyway, she gives us the backstory that she wants us to know. Okay, which if you've listened to the Bravo docket about this or various other podcasts and things. This doesn't quite jive with what the actual legal paper show is the story, but this is the story. She and again, I'm a marry apologist, so I just like this is fine. This is what she says. She says that she just couldn't believe it that Grandma Mama wanted to pass the church down to her. She couldn't believe it, which of course meant, you know, she passed that you're gonna have to take the husband too, because that's just part of it. So Robert just obeyed what Mama wanted, which was to marry the granddaughter, which was her. And then it was crazy because you know, her mother tried to take over, and Big Joe goes she wanted that power, and it seems like she came in one time and tried to take over a service, pretended like she was going to lead the choir, and then with her dark energy and her minions tried to take over the church service and they had to call the police. And the person that thought they would never get put out got put out, which is her mother. They're referring to her mother. And then all of a sudden, they were talking to her as this person got asked, so you're telling me in the middle of a church service. She her mom turns around and goes, I'm the captain now, I'm in church now, And they called the police who came in escoed, Wow, can you imagine being at that church service?
Speaker 4: Well, that's what it was like.
Speaker 3: Okay, we we've gone to church a few times in our adult life together because like, not not so much, not so much for this guy. I was raised in it, and I'm like, Okay, I think I'm good, Like I've hit my lifetime supply. So like we did when we moved new places sometimes it was like hey, you know, like you get to know people in.
Speaker 4: The community and stuff.
Speaker 3: We went to a church service one time. Do you remember which one I'm talking about? When we moved in with your mom and then we went to that church service, a random church service.
Speaker 4: And it was so it was in.
Speaker 3: It was East Coast, it was in New Jersey, Okay, and it was so it was like, okay, it was a rebuking sort of.
Speaker 2: Hold on, it's bringing memories back, yeaheah. It was strange where there was.
Speaker 4: Like okay, no, so it wasn't. It wasn't that. It was like.
Speaker 3: There was some discomfort with the volunteer situations that people found themselves in, where some people in the congregation who are like longer term members who've been at that church for a longer period of time, there was like a pecking order that had been established where it was like new people need to do the grunt work of this stuff, so like if you're gonna come, you know, set up the chairs, or like you're gonna volunteer to watch the kids and the kids service, and so it was like a whole thing where it was like all this other drama where we were like it's like tuning in, you know to episode ten and like season finales next week, and I'm like, I have no idea what's going.
Speaker 1: They didn't take into account that anybody was there that day that didn't go to the church.
Speaker 4: Anybody visiting today. Yeah, Like, there wasn't that.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that conversation and it was like, oh, we're guests, we're new here.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: And that's fascinating you.
Speaker 3: We walked into quite quite a predicament where yeah, it was like I'm not doing that because I've been a member of the you know, I had to do all this other stuff and so it was like.
Speaker 2: This amongst themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so then it was just like you're like, maybe this.
Speaker 1: Is not the church for us because we don't want to set up chairs and we can tell coming in we're gonna have to set up chairs or watch nursery and we don't want to do that. Want to come.
Speaker 2: Yeahs Lucky no one got arrested, Yeah.
Speaker 4: There was. The police were not called.
Speaker 3: You know, we didn't have to like, yeah, we didn't have to vote on anything of who the police were going to escort off the premises or anything.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, people that the people that have been there have been there. Now. If you listen to the Bravo Docket episode about it, there is like a whole thing between like Mary and her mom and like her mom had Mama exoomed to get the body tested and stuff like it's wild. So Mary says, you know, it's just full circle because her mother now has actually died, her mother, you know, disowned her, and she says, but now that my mom really actually left us, left the earth, it's all like official, she says, because it's like a more hurtful reality. She really is gone, and I really am realizing all the things that she did. She says, her mom is the one, and we just get like headlines splashed all over. Her mom is the one that put out all these articles about her and the church.
Speaker 3: I don't know if all of those came from.
Speaker 1: Her, all of them, all of them, though not all of them. But she's sad that her mother died. Not really, she's out of a lot of legal issues now that her mom's gone. But she does pull out a tissue to blow her nose and doesn't realize it's like a face mask, but it's like a Louis Vuitton face mask. She's like, what is this and he's just like, oh, Mary, it's a it's a Louis Vauton And he's like, thank you, sir, May I have another marry my cousin.
Speaker 3: She hasn't used this person since COVID, and so it was just like that I was in there. I'm pretty sure this is a cleanex and then like, which side of it are you using? I hope you're using like the inside that was on your face, not like the outside.
Speaker 4: Clean it.
Speaker 1: After I'm just gonna throw it away. She's gonna, yeah, even mistakes, Darling. So now we go to Angie at Lunatic Fringe, her salon, which she may or may not own three to ten franchises unclear, but it is her brand. She and her husband did start the first one, so it's unclear what steak they have in all of it, so who cares? So she has to read it her cosmotology license, So she's gonna do a fake perm on Heather. Heather agrees to come in. She was like, okay, all right, So she's just practicing doing the little rulers, right. So she tells Heather the story about Lisa sending her assistant over whose name was Sage, and to gather the fresh Wolf products, and she sent her six hundred dollars venmo. And she says, I'm gonna I send you six hundred dollars venmo for the products, and can I send my cleaners? Your salon is so dusty? And she said, well, I fired back and said you should not. You shouldn't have sent the six hundred dollars. Send it to people who you actually owe money to. My salon is not dusty, but your product is because it's been sitting here for two years. Lisa fires back, at least I don't have to borrow money for vacations and pay back with a credit card. And Heather's like, way, wait, wait, wait, wait, now what's the credit card. The end of a she goes, I don't know I have a credit card in my name. It's like, well, I fucking hope you do. You're like fifteen years old with a child in a business. What do you mean I have a credit card in my name? Like she was so proud of it.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's like, that's the stuff. That felt like Lisa.
Speaker 2: Ron Wynda have a credit card in her name.
Speaker 4: Oh that's true. Well, she debly.
Speaker 1: Can't have one in her name now.
Speaker 3: But like that feels like something that Lisa heard from somewhere. Yes, And then she was hanging on to that, and then she was using it in a time because it was and she was making her feel bad about her money situation. And then it's like, all right, well here's this, and it's like, well, that didn't know. It's not even true. So you gotta vet some of this information a little bit better if you're going to just throw those accusations.
Speaker 1: Around and again with Lisa apologies to Carly again with Lisa, just with the well these times to have the credit card? You what are you talking about? Like nobody knows what you're talking about. Two thirds of a time, like come up with a better disk with a backstory, you know, And she goes, I have no idea. She goes, I don't know why she did all this, and you know, the whole thing is like it is a sea level product. I do have a level products. And she DAEs her hair black and it doesn't look shiny, it's actually flat. And Heather goes, okay, but stop, like why do you have to don't do all that, you know, and she goes, I have to respond with something low or walk away. You know, I'm not going to walk away. And now there's like, oh god, I thought everything was fine. Yeah, And so the question is why did Lisa then do that After they seemed to work it out at the table.
Speaker 2: I think she went home and all she could think about was that line of you do French fries, I do franchise, Like.
Speaker 1: She's the the list product that should be in Walmart.
Speaker 2: Running through her mind all night, and so she decided to send someone over there to go collect the product.
Speaker 3: Well, because Lisa had been fighting with it was Whitney, it was bron When, and then it was Angie's. So Angie was the third fight at that lawsuit luncheon, and so I think she was kind of narrowing down like who she was going to have her next feud with.
Speaker 1: Essentially she cleared with Bronwyn.
Speaker 3: Yes, like she was like, I don't want any smoke from Bronwyn because like that got rough pretty quick. I wasn't really ready to handle all of that. And then the stuff with Whitney, it's just it's not interesting. It's them talking back and forth about their businesses to each other. Nobody really cares about that. So like the stuff with Angie, that seemed like it has, you know, the most potential to kind of evolve into something and continue along.
Speaker 2: Also thinks she knows more about Angie than she does about Witness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she saves it up. I mean, that's rough to be friends with somebody and be like, God, I hope I don't use this against me in two years if we're you know, well, Okay. The next scene was also incredible, and all this now we've got three good scenes that would be for best scene of thing we got that, we got the Mary at the Church, and we got this one with Whitney and Brittany, and then we also have Brahma with her mom. So oh, Whitney and Brittany go to a plant store and Brittany's like, yeah, I need Jared and I are in such good place, like we're trying to get re engaged, and Whnney's like, oh God, like nobody cares. And she goes, but my daughter really doesn't like it, and she sometimes, I guess thinks I'm choosing him over her. Here's where Whitney reads Britney for filth in a plant store, and I loved it. I loved it. I was like, because a lot of people are like Whitney doesn't have much of a storyline, I'm like, well, she just secured it by this. Yeah, yes, I mean she's like put down the cactus. So she says, maybe you should ask her. Well, if that's what she's upset with you about, thinking you choose men over your children, maybe you should ask her. And then what you could do is dump Jared to prove to her that you're not choosing a man over her. And she goes, no, offense, but your daughter needs to come first, and you know this mother daughter relationship is important. You should never give up on it. And Brittany goes, well, it's hard because like she won't make any space for me, And Whitney's like, you're the parent and you should give it thirty days. Get rid of Jared for thirty days. See what happens with your daughter. It's up and down with Jared. You could probably use a break. And if that's all she needs to see from you, it's a no brainer. This is your daughter. And then she says, listen to me and put down the cactus and she grabs her brother shoulders and says, this is your daughter, and instinctively you should feel you would do anything for her. Anything. Instinctively, that's what you should feel. And Brittany's like.
Speaker 2: Oh good, she doesn't.
Speaker 1: Should She doesn't.
Speaker 4: I don't think she does.
Speaker 1: She doesn't instinctively feel it. She goes anything, not even dating, Do you feel it? And she goes, yeah, yeah, she goes, and he goes because you standing here questioning it is making me feel a certain way about you. She opens her pathway yes, and I think Whitney's like, oh, she's a bad person. I hope that person makes sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I hope Whitney takes her to task on this and calls it out because I mean people were pointing that out to Britney last season too, as I'm sure one of her many announcements that were interrupted when people are like don't your daughters like not talk to you and stuff like.
Speaker 1: No live with her nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like there's a lot of people in your life that you have expended in order to continue this relationship pursuit with the Osmond And it's like, what are you getting out of this, because it's just it's very volatile.
Speaker 1: What are you getting out of it? Yeah, but you get to say you're dating an Osmond? Okay, you worry.
Speaker 2: Not even one that anybody can name off the top of their head unless they if you watch this show, you know his name. Otherwise you don't.
Speaker 1: One of the Osmond brothers with Donnie and the.
Speaker 2: Extended family member.
Speaker 3: I can't carry a tune in a bucket that one.
Speaker 1: No, not that we know of. He's not not not, uh, I guess is a sibling of Marie. No, Marie would be his aunt. Yeah, not even close, not even a close Osmond, come on now, So okay, so now we get Now we get Braunwin and her mom, Muzzy. Now, I don't think Muzzy's on her birth certificate, but I would like to know what Muzzy's real name is. Is it?
Speaker 2: I hope it is Muzzy. I hope that Mussy has gone through life with that being her legal first name.
Speaker 3: On that Yeah, bron when and Lisa kept talking about a race to the bottom, I think the race to the bottom that we determined was Britney and Muzzy for worst mom.
Speaker 4: That was the race to the bottom of this episode.
Speaker 1: You could not be more correct. That is correct. Yeah, So brom And and Muzzy sit down, and Muzzy's wearing a sweater that says what does it say? It said like, I can't remember. It was something really stupid and I haven't remember.
Speaker 2: On class, I spent a lot of time looking at Bronwen's sweatshirt or whatever she had on. I usually spend a lot of time trying to understand what it is Bronwyn is wearing.
Speaker 3: I get over stimulated every time the cameras are in.
Speaker 4: That living room.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: The furniture there's too many pieces of furniture in multiple directions. I don't know where the center the energy of this room is supposed to be.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: But if you say, like, meet me in the living room.
Speaker 4: It's like which one which.
Speaker 1: There's six sitting areas in this living room and they're all like, you need to balance on the edge of the chair because you might just Yeah, it makes Mary Cosby's house look nice. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's fourteen dogs that just will run between you as well, I'm sure, and just it's just bite you.
Speaker 1: And yeah. So brom And and her mom Muzzy, Okay, so her sister is there now, I'm so sorry her daughter is there. Who we assume? I don't assume. I think the daughter might be eighteen, she might be seventeen. But anyway, the boyfriend has just moved in, and I myself do have a little judgment about that. I does the boyfriend. Is he from a broken home and had nowhere to live or he's just like, hey, we're banging, we may as well just live together. And brom was like, sure.
Speaker 2: I think we need to know the story. I mean, maybe it's probably potentially personal. So maybe that's why they're not telling us. But you know who's business, it's not Muzzi's. It's not Mussy because Muzzy's also a guest in this house, Well.
Speaker 3: It becomes Muzzy's business. Yeah, I think that's what people were pointing out. They were like, why is Muzzy concerned about this? Like when she lives in the same house as them, like.
Speaker 1: They all live and lucky to live there because she would have nowhere to live otherwise. Right, we're Todd youd better put some respect on Todd's name, Muzzy.
Speaker 3: I want to see Muzzy and Todd interact. That's what we were talking about. Because then my biggest fear though became. I was like, oh no, if they both gang up on Bronwyn, that would be a whole thing. But Carly thinks Todd does not get along with Muzzy, and so that's why we're not going to see them in the same space.
Speaker 2: I think Todd avoids spending any more time with Muzzy than he absolutely has to, which.
Speaker 1: That I agree. I agree with that. So they're sitting there and Gwynn and the boyfriend are like, Hey, we're going to our bowling leagu which means we're going to bang. And I was like, again me as a mother of people to say, just like, you know, no, fine, they're bay and they're fine, they're baying. I don't care. I don't You don't need to come up with bowlingly to tell me about it.
Speaker 3: Like I'm the nerd who actually does go to bowling league or like has gone to bowling league.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh, cool, Like.
Speaker 1: Where are they're bowling?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's your average? You know, like how you guys doing. But no, that's I guess that was code. So I'm not hip to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so the mom was like, oh, so they don't have enough space in the east wing of the house to bang it out, they got to go to bowling league and and mom says, well, you know, Gwyn, she's just following your example. And she goes, yeah, Mom, I know you probably don't agree with it, but like we're just very open and so that's how we do it. And mom goes, yeah, that's great, but it's not the kind of parenting that works, And Brahma goes, do you think your type of parenting works? Ronwin talks about how terrible her mom was when she was pregnant. Now she got pregnant out of wedlock in a Mormon family, not unusual. Half the Mormon wives that we see all had the same thing. They get pregnant when they're sixteen seventeen, they immediately get married. Brahman didn't go that route, and it was embarrassing because she apparently has two sisters that were pregnant at the same time, which is brutal.
Speaker 3: This whole story was just terrible because then bron Win's basically pointing out the whole thing. But this is like we saw this on with the Osbourne's. We were going back and watching the Osbourne's and then there's this other show called like the Basement, the Basement Tape, Basement Tapes or something like that, where it's the Osbourne's watching the original show.
Speaker 1: Like, so you watched the Osborne's watching the Osborne's.
Speaker 3: Yes, at one point on that we did, but like, yeah, it's the show within the show. And then I think at one point it was they were talking about where there was a scene in the original Osbourne where the kids were going out to clubs in LA when they're.
Speaker 4: Like sixteen and fifteen years old.
Speaker 3: Jack and Kelly are out in La at nightclubs at you know, one o'clock, two o'clock in the morning, and they looking back on it, you know, Jack had said something about like he has kids now, and so he's like, I could never imagine my kid letting my kids do that. And then it was like, well, it's a different time. It was that we knew all the the owners of the clubs and stuff, and so it was like they were very quick Jack, like Ozzie.
Speaker 2: And Sharon Sharon to defend trying to defend how they raised them.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, it was like, oh, we knew all the club owners, we knew this and stuff. So but Jack was like, oh, yeah, but this would have been like not something that I would do, right, Like as a parent, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: It's turned out to be addicts as well, you know, so you know, there's.
Speaker 3: That, and I think there was even just the little thing that Jack had said at one point where it was like I could have done better with like more structure in my life because at that time, you know, he wasn't going to traditional school. It was just kind of like he would just sleep all day and then party all night, and so it was like, well, yeah, that's not great for a team at that age. And so for him, he was like, I could have done better with a little structure, and they were like, if you wanted structure, you should you could have said that, and it's like, but yeah, what he's saying is he's a kid.
Speaker 1: He's not on the it's not on the child to tell you how to parent, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so that's where it's like this weird dynamic that's becoming a parent here with bron Went. Even though I sniffed this out just from the way that bron Went offered soda to Muzzy the other episode and it was just like, can I get you a drink?
Speaker 4: And she's like, is this one cold?
Speaker 3: That was the response, and it was like, yes, it came out of the fridge.
Speaker 4: Things tend to be cold. There.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of hostility and Muzzy, Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: It's the judgment and like immediate just everything that you're doing is wrong.
Speaker 1: We don't see the other sisters taken in Muzzy by the way, probably because she's around bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where are they?
Speaker 1: Where are they?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So so they're having this conversation, right and they're talking about how awful he was when she was pregnant, and she's just like, I never had a baby shower like we would.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: She told the story about going to the gap and she's buying clothes for the sister's baby and not hers, and she said, you know, you didn't know if I would ever have another pregnancy, but you made sure that this one was not a good pregnancy, not a happy pregnancy, and Muzzy goes, well, I was miserable trying to hide it. How do you think I felt? And in the talking head, Bromwin says, my mother is convinced that the person that was most hurt by my pregnancy was her. Yep, you know that's right, and so and she had said earlier, you know, like when I'm parenting, I think a lot about how I don't want to do it like my mother. And she's like, does that mean I'm like, no, that's growth. So yeah, and then her mother implies that she had to babysit Gwen. She had to watch Gwen, her own grandchild, and like if she didn't, then what would have happened to her? And Brahma goes, if I didn't have you to watch her, I just would have gotten a second job or something like I would have hustled and figured out how to take care of her. She was like, I don't know what you would have done. You just would have been on the street. And she's like, Mom, to act like I would have had to put my kid in foster care is like not true and really dark. And her mom's like, well, I don't know what you would have done without me. You refuse to put her up for adoption, blah blah blah. Can you imagine hearing your grandmother talk this.
Speaker 2: Way about you. No, she was having a real thank God for me moment. Well, you know, like she will never let braun Winn forget what she thinks were her sacrifices. And that's probably why she's living in this house right now, because she holds it over her head that she helped her so much.
Speaker 1: Right, But for Gwen to hear grandmother talk like this about her, as, wow, I didn't know I was such a piece of shit burden to you, like I had any choice of being born, you know. So Mom says, you know, I got to tell you something, Browhen. Just because I don't say you're wonderful doesn't mean I don't think you are. I just had to be careful to be sure I don't say it because I don't want you to think you're too good. And Brom was like wow wow. I mean Brom was like, camera's right here and you don't even care, like you just wow wow.
Speaker 2: This was really toxic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should get them on the uh couple was the couple's therapy, same thing that Farah and her mom and family therapy one. Yeah, there would be a couple of seasons worth of stuff. I think probably that we could get out of this.
Speaker 1: That's wow. So I would be Now, I know that Rom's dad is you know, not well or Alzheimer's or whatever. So but I would have liked to have known her relationship with her dad because he was high up in the church. So it's like mom was trying to protect dad's reputation in the church. But was dad so mean to Bronwin as well? You know she talks about him a little bit more warmly.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and I mean like in so personal experience and then also just like researching for like family system sort of stuff, like usually if there is somebody who's kind of more the agitator and the Beader, there could be somebody who's just more of an enabler or like a passive enabler, and so like her dad could have been that where he kind of receives a little bit of that as well, same thing like Muzzy dishes it out to everybody here, and then that's where Bronwyn has a connection with her dad. But it's like that's kind of the tough part of that whole dynamic. Then too, is where it's like I think Bronwin's searching for like a redo of her experience with her mom, because now Gwen's like the similar age.
Speaker 4: That Bronwynn was, and so now she's kind.
Speaker 3: Of like, here's your chance to like make it up to me and like prove to me that you're not.
Speaker 4: A horrible person.
Speaker 3: And then I don't think it's working out the way that Brian wouldn't expect, Like she was really hoping to see something positive out of this and like still waiting.
Speaker 1: Muzzy's like, listen, it affected me. It was so embarrassing when you were pregnant, Like who cares that Gwen's nowt eighteen, Let's still talk about it, you know. So now we go to Meredith and the Angk meeting up. As she drives up, It's very strange because Agk is like, look at you driving. I was like, s Merada, just get a driver's license? Like she just got bought missfoot, Like did she just learn how to drive?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I get the feeling that maybe Meredith's not supposed to drive on some of the medications that she's on.
Speaker 3: Either that are like, yeah, she rents places when she's there.
Speaker 4: Did she rent a car she was normally.
Speaker 3: Taking ubers everywhere or something because she doesn't.
Speaker 1: It was weird. It was strange, look at you driving? And she goes, yeah, this Kina's got a cavy art cooler. I was like, probably for juice boxes. But sure, it's fine.
Speaker 4: We can use it for whatever you like. You can use it for everybody.
Speaker 1: You can put your beer in there. No, don't do that. So Angie tells us that it was Angie this if I said, Heather, I did not mean to say that. Angie said, look at you driving, And she says she and Meredith have been working on their relationship, and because I just need to let Meredith know that Lisa is not the Laverne to her Shirley like she is not because you know, Meredith Lisa have always been like the corner stone of the show. And then of course Lisa had that hot mic moment, and since then they're friends. But it's like, you know, it's kind of like you gotta deal with Muzzy. You gotta like, don't get too close, right right, So Angie tells her, tells Meredith, you know, in the past, when you and I were not in a good place, I just wanted to let you know Lisa called me and encourage me to dig up dirt on people in your family. Gave me names and certain issues bankruptcy, shoplifting. I just want you to know she's doing that, she's doing your research on everyone, true or not, and that she's holding the information. E Meredith goes, but why would she do that to me when she and I were getting along, call you and tell you to dig stuff up on me to use against me, dig up dirt on family members, which is not true. I was like, she didn't even know what it is.
Speaker 4: She is not true?
Speaker 1: Denied it. Yeah, I was like, who shoplifted? Who had a bankruptcy? I'd like to know? Not true? And she says and you know, I'm gonna have to talk to her about this. And she says, okay, good because she said it word for word.
Speaker 4: I'm counting on it. Yeah, Like, I want you to bring it up. You need to bring this up.
Speaker 1: But she said word for word. I was like, does she have it in text? Does she have it on a voicemail she record her without her knowledge? Is Utah a two party state?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How does she know for sure that she said it definitive? She said yeah, And Meredith says, this is so hard to believe. And Angie said things in the past, this is disturbing, and I'll get to the bottom of it. And then we said next week they have some sort of outdoor luncheon situation and the two of them start screaming at each other. So maybe she does.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that Angie realized that when Lisa sent her assistant over to reclaim the Great Wolf Lodge products, Yes.
Speaker 1: They would really sell a Great Wolf Lodge. That would be.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's that's who That's what you need.
Speaker 3: You need a good brand, deal partnership.
Speaker 2: Not spending enough time on the marketing.
Speaker 1: No, But like I think Karas sas whatever the straight.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but like the I think Angie knew immediately as soon as that happened. She was like, oh, we're at war, okay, So like now she knows I need to go for Lisa's allies first before I try like a full assault here, and so like that's what she's bracing for. I don't know how Mary Cosby gets so upset with Angie, though, I'm very concerned.
Speaker 2: About this, surprised.
Speaker 1: I didn't like that clip of her taking off or whatever.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: But last time I watched What Happens Love, they asked a question about what did you think about the allegations about Angie using somebody else's money to go on vacation or something, and Mary Cosey goes, well, that's not true. So I was like, okay, they must.
Speaker 4: Be back together, still defending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: This is just like a light here was a brief moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, light something that happened, because I mean she got upset with her end of last season two. On their vacation, they had kind of an argument, but then that bond did them a little bit tighter too.
Speaker 2: So then Tiffany's luncheon, yeah.
Speaker 4: A little bit a little bit there. The breakfast at Tiffany's thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that took me a second. I was like, what, Oh, and then we forget about the bad bangs? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, never forget It took me a second. Yeah yeah yeah. Oh my gosh. Well listen, you guys. There was so many like pivotal scenes in this episode that are going to be so important for the rest of the season. I'm so glad I got to talk to you guys about it, because normally I just sort of gloss over, like, here's what happened to Miami, Here's what happened in Saul like OC. So I'm really glad we got to do like a full breakdown and that you guys are as into it as I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, this is definitely a set up episode for I think all the drama that's to come for the rest of the season. So it's a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And is Muzzy gonna go back from whence she came? Or is Muzzy here to say?
Speaker 2: I hope we see Muzzy have to pack her bags like that would be the highlight of the season for me.
Speaker 4: I want Todd and Muzzy to have it out some where. Yeah, Like I.
Speaker 3: Need to see I just need to get an idea of what that is, like just even.
Speaker 1: Just a dinner table thing briefly, and that we could see if he hates.
Speaker 3: Her, like even with him, yeah, like he's heading out on a business trip or something. And then all it's gonna take is one sentence to get a pretty good read as far as what's.
Speaker 4: Going on between them.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: You know what, it would give me vibes of a a Tom Girardi and Erica, like I was talking Erica. It would be And that's how Todd talks to bron Win, you know, although he says he saw himself on TV and knows he needs to do better, but we haven't seen it. But if he snaps at Muzzy that way, like what if Muzzy came in the kitchen was like, you guys had a coffee because I was going to get some coffee and he's like, you don't live here, Muzzy, you know you? It would be that kind of a It would be. It would be like that, right, where's my Starbucks mug?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Who moved this Starbucks mug?
Speaker 3: She's just been breaking them slowly, just constantly just chipping them away, breaking the handles, off.
Speaker 1: He's like, Muzzy, you know, I'm never going back to Singapore. How am I going to get that mug? Yeah, listen, there's a lot of scenarios. But I because she put her dad in a place close to her house. But is that where dad is now permanently staying, so mom needs to be closed or does a temporary fixed to dad have an accident or something?
Speaker 2: Well, Muzzy, didn't she say? Muzzy also had a medical issue, a medical scare that she was going through, and then also her dad time through Alzheimer's. Yeah, and that progressing and they both needed care at the same time. But it seems like, you know, Muzzy's back to her normal self, so why not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she really settled in there.
Speaker 1: I'd like to meet Bromin's sisters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have we seen them on camera before.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see if they have a good relationship with Muzzy. Is Muzzy okay to them and it's just awful lebron One.
Speaker 3: Maybe for the holidays or something, if they have people over, that could.
Speaker 2: Be an interesting scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'd be interesting.
Speaker 1: To get like like the Richard sisters in the kitchen, like talking about Big Kathy like it would be like Braunwin and her sisters talking about Muzzy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, where we're going to unload her next, it's your turn.
Speaker 1: Your turn, Go ahead and traumatize your children for a month. That's it. Now, tell everybody where they can find you, guys, Corey and Carly, tell everybody where they can find you. Again, what you're covering so we know what to drop in on. Don't if you don't want to have to watch that that? What did that?
Speaker 2: What's the show called Special Forces Survivor?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say it's called surviv what they called pray? Go ahead, tell everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got our podcasts Surviving Sister Wives, and then we also have Surviving Reality, so you can check us out everywhere you find podcasts. We have our Patreon at patreon dot com slash Surviving Pod, and then you can find all of our links to everything at beacons dot ai slash Surviving Pod.
Speaker 1: Well, what's that about? What's that website about?
Speaker 4: It's like a link tree, but.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, got all the links in there, all the links, all the places you can find us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let me ask you about your social media because I went to tag you on Instagram this week and there was no place to tag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went out.
Speaker 1: I went out of Instagram try to make to make sure I had and missed it. I went back into Instagram, so you're not on it.
Speaker 2: No, I think that we may need to make an Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, back in when we were just surviving Sister Wives, there was not a lot of content on Instagram about sister Wives. But that was five years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well that was when our only social media was we were on Reddit and we were on Twitter, and so it's like, well now that's not even a platform anymore. So times have changed, and then yeah, we're kind of we bounced around a little bit, but mostly we're on TikTok. That's the main social media outlet right now, and YouTube as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's Surviving Pod. It's Surviving Pod on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Right Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we'll do a reel about this and I'll put it on TikTok and tag you cool. Awesome, because yeah, I forget a lot. I put this stuff on Instagram and then ker it'll go did you put that on TikTok too, I'm like, I.
Speaker 3: Forgot, It's everywhere youtubek Instagram. So yeah, I think that was what we were dreading was it's another place to post, and we were like, well it's we probably should though, but yeah.
Speaker 4: But thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 3: Obviously huge fans of the Pink Shade podcast from forever ago. I know we were talking about pain in the pod last time we were recording.
Speaker 1: And that was that's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's like, it feels like a while ago.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's crazy. That's nuts, that's nuts, that's nuts. Since you guys listen to that. I literally was looking over here to be like, what could I show them that I have. I've got pain and then I've got pain in the pod stuff right here. I've got stickers.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I've got snickers. Like what am I going to know? What am I going to what am I going to use that for?
Speaker 2: Maybe Maraths Marx can sell them in our story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be the past code to get into the Kaffar speakeasy.
Speaker 1: I will tell you the second time Ingrid went, she brought me back of Meredith Mark's like post it notepad that I think she took off the counter when the girl wasn't looking.
Speaker 2: It's like a prescription pad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's used to that. That's fitting. That's fitting. Okay, guys, everybody, I would listen to Corey and Carly they do all the Sister Wives stuff, and go check out their TikTok as well, and one day they'll have Instagram and we'll tag them on there as well. All right, thanks guys, thank you,