Speaker 1: Top seventy five answers are on the board.
Speaker 2: Seventy time.
Speaker 1: All right, you ready, top seventy five answers are on the board. Please name for me the greatest R and B artist of all time?
Speaker 3: Ooh, Alicia Keys.
Speaker 1: You know what? That is a fantastic guess And I will tell you this. I love Alicia Keys. I love Alicia Keys. She only comes in at number thirty three, and I thought that was very very low for her, because I'm with you, I love Alicia Keys. So there are thirty two slots better than that to still guess from. But I would have thought Alicia would have been higher. I would have thought that she would have been higher as well.
Speaker 4: So is this list going to lean more classic?
Speaker 5: And that's where I am not strong? I am not strong.
Speaker 1: I am very No, it's not well, I'm looking at the top ten because R and B it's very broad. Yes, it's rhythm and blues.
Speaker 4: But also, like my mom would probably call some rappers R and B if they also sing like So that's I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't have an I don't have a problem with that. Oh.
Speaker 4: So there are some people who are on the list that may be tagged as a rapper, uh rapper or just howbout hip hop artist?
Speaker 1: No, no, nobody that you would like. For example, Kendrick Lamar is not on the list.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't put him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 4: Can I can I give you one that I feel like?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 5: I haven't memorized all seventy five minded you?
Speaker 2: Mind you?
Speaker 4: And this is this is contemporary though, and you said it leans more traditions.
Speaker 1: I got a little bit of everything. I got a little mixed bag, I got pockets full of everything.
Speaker 4: Because he threw out the first pitch for one of the bravest Mets games. So Usher's top of mine.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a great one. See. But to me, he's not a hip hop guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but my mom would call him a rapper, That's what I'm saying. But he definitely has a great voice.
Speaker 1: Now, I will tell you this, Usher is on the list. And I thought very high, very high.
Speaker 2: He's higher than you think he should be.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, oh yes, And maybe I don't Maybe I don't appreciate Usher as much as I should.
Speaker 4: Or do you think of him just as a pop star?
Speaker 1: No, no, I definitely don't. I definitely don't. He's number twelve. Wow, he's number twelve.
Speaker 2: Of all time.
Speaker 5: Yes, and that to me, I put that that's high. To me, that's high.
Speaker 1: I don't put him above Alicia Keys, No, Elliott, No, I'm sorry, I don't.
Speaker 4: So it is this list gonna be all over the place.
Speaker 1: It's not as all over the place as you think it is.
Speaker 4: Like the first person who came to mind. We hear twice every single day on the show, Raymond Charles number eleven. Yeah, he just edges.
Speaker 1: Out Usher, see what I mean. That's where Usher to me, is too high up on the list, too high up on the list.
Speaker 4: Do they give you, like an iconic song or are must listen on this list?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So they do. Actually, so it is it is the it is. It's it's by artists. But then they were like there, I think it's like there must know or must listen to song. For Usher, they do Confessions Part two, right, which is fine. I have no problem with that. For ray Charles George on my mind, Oh yeah, I mean great song. Yeah, that may be is that may be that may be one of his best, That may be one of his best. The I mean, that's my faith that's my fath it's much easier to talk over.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: But George, on my mind, is very good. He was eleven, he was eleven. And don't you agree Usher Usher isn't just sniffing Ray Charles's butt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to because I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this. You know who Usher splits? Oh it was a tie for no, no, no, no, but he's just he's one behind a rat thirteen yeah, thirteen, And this is where you go. Usher's too high, Sam Cook.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, a change is gonna come.
Speaker 1: That's the That is their saw song. That is their song. Well, I don't know what else I would go with there. And again I'm not good at old R and B. That's not my wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: So I mean, what about like Prince?
Speaker 1: See now, I will tell you this, and I don't want to start a fight. Prince's number seven? Whoa Prince's number seven? And that is that's very disrespectful. That's low, that's very disrespectful. I would have put and I could see who's six, five, four, three, two and one are Prince? If Prince? I don't know how Prince is in top three of all time, but he's not number seven.
Speaker 4: But there's plenty of people who would say you can't just tag him as an R and B artist.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean there's people on here that you can't just tag as R and B artists because they crossed over or whatever.
Speaker 4: But that's fine, so Prince, and I'm not saying you can't be this and that. But for many people, they just think he's a rock star or pop you.
Speaker 1: Know, be R and B. That's whereight, That's where I put him. R and B is my favorite R and B artist of all time?
Speaker 4: What song did they say for him?
Speaker 1: For Prince? I want to be your lover?
Speaker 4: We start playing some of these, I'd love to. Yeah, are you gonna sing along on this Friday morning?
Speaker 1: I can. I don't know where I'm coming here. I'll just put all of these up.
Speaker 4: That was a dangerous if I have stuff running in the background.
Speaker 1: Let's wait till it stars. I think that is how it starts. What distinction does Prince have in my life? I saw a Prince in concert more than I've seen anybody else. I love R and B. Should be higher, should be higher? All right? What else you gotta tell you?
Speaker 8: How about Lionel Richie the Like poppish R and B.
Speaker 1: You know now, I will tell you this. He is on the list. He is number thirty two, one ahead of Alicia Keys. That's a damn shame. Lionel doesn't desert Commodores, who, by the way, I don't think are on the list.
Speaker 2: Oh they just put him on solo.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lionel is on the list. His song three Times a Lady, great song, great song, good grind song.
Speaker 4: Are there any groups on this list?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, are you gonna go back to like the classic motown?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't like how he's tapping his pen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you right now. Maybe that's why the commodore is on on here. Yeah, R and B artists. So yeah, So that that let's eliminate groups that didn't even dawn on me when I was reading it. But let's eliminate groups. So Lionel is on there, right ahead of Alicia Keys. That's a mistake. That's a big mistake. Where am I going, Kristen like, we're not even sniffing? Line five? Hi, Elliott the morning? Hey is this me?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this? It's Sandy.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say Prince also because he's my favorite, but I don't know who to go with now the yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I can I tell you who's one ahead of Prince that I just I couldn't disagree with.
Speaker 2: More, so that would be six.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's one ahead who I could not I could not disagree with more.
Speaker 4: But but you know the artists.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh no, I met him.
Speaker 4: Like, did you know everyone in the top ten?
Speaker 5: No, in the top ten? Yes, in the top ten?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, oh yeah, I know who Aretha number two? Number two, the to me prints better than Aretha.
Speaker 5: But I get it, I get it. Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Oh, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: All you do the same, you do the same. See that's right, No, I do like I don't like Aretha at number two.
Speaker 4: This is a tough one because some people would just say like for Aretha. Hell, you can make the argument rock and roll, but soul like there rhythm blues. I know, this is a very tough genre. This this list is very interesting to me.
Speaker 1: Inch Deep Mile for her song, No for the category. Yeah, it's so wide, it's so white.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: First, now we got to think of the divas.
Speaker 5: The oh there's another divon the top ten.
Speaker 4: But what what was Aretha had to be respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, of course. Donna Dune.
Speaker 2: Do acapella, Donna Dune.
Speaker 4: How do you know the first line of this song?
Speaker 1: What respect?
Speaker 5: R E sb C T find out what seems to me?
Speaker 4: So you don't know it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't she ya give me the beginning, It'll hit me, Okay, Kristen, I don't know what dance you're doing in there? What you got?
Speaker 2: What you want? I got it now you don't? Now you don't sit down?
Speaker 5: Give me the other divon the top ten.
Speaker 1: Whitney, No, Whitney, Whitney. He's on the top ten wednes again. She's not in the top ten. Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Number five, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Number that's top ten last night checked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's not the number the name I was looking at.
Speaker 1: But you know what's on they go.
Speaker 5: With for her, for Whitney, don't Yeah, I have nothing.
Speaker 4: Oh I mean it's a great Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I will Always love You. That's Whitney's biggest song. That's biggest song.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're looking at that as too.
Speaker 1: Or I want to dance with somebody like I don't know. I mean, I know this, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know the words.
Speaker 1: I don't know the words. Oh my god, I don't know what year this was, but I bet there was a lot of high school grinding.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be like.
Speaker 1: I but this is one of those like I'll hold you from behind, it will sway a little bit, and everything that you and I'll lump out.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 4: I heard a cover of I Want to Dance with Somebody yesterday I'd never heard before.
Speaker 1: Who was by Marion Hill?
Speaker 10: The uh?
Speaker 1: Was it really? Not on the list? Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Whitney is on the list.
Speaker 1: The Whitney is. Yeah. Oh, now, I got everybody on hold. Where am I going? Line one? Hi? Ellie at the morning?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this this Stephen? Yes Stephen? What can I do for you? I'm gonna say the guy who brought Sexy back? Okay, No, sir, Justin Timberlake is not on is not on the list. Not on the list? The no, I'm sorry, Justin Timberlake is not on the list of the seventy five greatest R and B artists of all time? Line five.
Speaker 4: I would have just said, if he was on the list, let's move on to fo.
Speaker 1: Hi YOA in the morning? Is this right?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this? This is Sam? Yes? Sam? What can I do? For you.
Speaker 4: Well, my original I had two now that's thinking about it.
Speaker 1: But the first one was otis Redding? Great, guess otis Redding is? Does this seem low? For otis number twenty? That may seem a little like a little low, like he should be a little higher by the way his song? Great song. Try a little tenderness. That's a great song. That's a great do we have? Try a little tenderness?
Speaker 5: You know this one the the other?
Speaker 1: The I know? I think? So what was the other one?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 1: Smokey Robinson? Oh smokey wait, little Smokey sees us when Smokey sings? Oh you know what you went nineteen and twenty?
Speaker 5: Huh, smoky nineteen.
Speaker 1: No, Smokey nineteen. Otis number twenty. That's good. You knocked out too, right, didn't order with each other?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 1: Very good? Thank you? Diane. Is this otis? Or is this smoking?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Don't embarrass yourself. Oh she may be weird.
Speaker 4: You waited because you weren't sure on the first line.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wouldn't have been if you played that first line. I wouldn't have told you what song? That's wrong?
Speaker 4: You requested it?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. If you would have just said. I mean, I can hear the music, but if you I don't even remember what he just sang. I definitely don't know the try a little tenderness.
Speaker 4: What about Curtis Mayfield?
Speaker 1: Curtis Mayfield is yes, number fourteen?
Speaker 5: No, no, you're sniffing all around it.
Speaker 1: Oh can I tell you what number fifteen is? Right behind it? He and this is a good one and everybody knows who he is thanks to a TV show. God, I hope I didn't just mess that up. That's gonna be a TV show. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is he a judge?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, no, he's a chef.
Speaker 1: South Park Isaac Cays, Yes, yes, Hello children, line seven? Hi Elliott The.
Speaker 4: Morning, All good news. People forgot about lack of lyrical knowledge.
Speaker 1: Hi Elliott the Morning. Hello, Yeah, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 4: This is Steven out of Richmond, Virginia.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, what who you got?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say Mary J. Blige or Chris Brown? Okay, so let me tell you this. Mary J. Blige, number sixteen. We're crushing eleven through twenty. Chris Brown is on the list. I don't remember what number he is, and I can't go through everything, but I know Chris Brown made it. Mary J. Blige is good. Yes, that one's good. That one's really good. Yeah, good for you, good for.
Speaker 4: You, yes, sir, So Chris has me thinking problematically. I bet our Kelly's in the list. I'll tell you this.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't like the song they chose for him. So he is on a list for absolutely R Kelly. Yeah. R Kelly's I mean, it's hard to say now if you could separate art from artists. R Kelly is freaking great musically. Did he have some off the field issues? Of course he did, reported and he continues to g in the news this week. Yeah, they're trying to murder him, by the way. Number three is also rife with problems. O the why who do you think number three is?
Speaker 2: Jackson?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 4: What number was R Kelly?
Speaker 1: What number do you think? Where do you think they slot? R? R Kelly was great, Like I just I don't like the song they chose. And he's going to be in the top twenty five? Oh yeah, is he like twenty two?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Oh? What number? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Number nine? Number nine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they took all the bad guys put him in the top ten.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's not r Kelly again, it's awkward. Please don't isolate this. R Kelly's great. I can't believe he's nine. R Kelly was great.
Speaker 4: What song?
Speaker 1: I don't like the song they went with? I don't like the song they went with. They went with I Believe I Can Fly? Oh my god, that was a wonderful song. Oh yeah, no, it's a great song. It's not his greatest song, but that was.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you heard.
Speaker 4: This karaoke before he went to jail? Remember I told you guys after our college reunion last summer and weekend. Yeah, then I had good news for Diddy because two decades on, people don't have a problem requesting even in the face. Yeah, the court of public opinion.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no, yeah they did. They R Kelly and Michael both in the Michael's number three.
Speaker 4: Is you like the song picked for Michael?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't. What is that they went with? Remember the time?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Like, if you're gonna go, Michael.
Speaker 2: You gotta do like it's something off Thriller.
Speaker 4: The or off the wall, right, and you make it fun of Christmas?
Speaker 9: Sense?
Speaker 10: What is that? This is?
Speaker 1: I'm seated, I'm seving. I can't you know, I'd like to do my leg kick when I'm up. I would have gone off the wall. No, what is no? You know what I would have gone with don't stop till you get enough. That's where I would have gone. For Michael, That's where I would have gone. And then you know, unfortunately he had some off the field issues.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting right now.
Speaker 1: But I don't believe Diddy is on the list.
Speaker 4: I now also don't even have a sense of the number we have left even in the top ten.
Speaker 5: So one is left, four is left, six, eight and ten.
Speaker 1: Mariah number eight.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought that was high for Mariah.
Speaker 1: I really did. And listen, I love Mariah.
Speaker 4: Really did you would put her in the top ten?
Speaker 1: No? I don't.
Speaker 4: She don't got incredible pipes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, listen in a friend.
Speaker 2: If Michael's on, there is Janet on there.
Speaker 1: Janet is on there, Diane number seventeen, number seventeen, which I thought was high for Janet.
Speaker 4: What were the songs for Mariah and Janet?
Speaker 1: Mariah breakdown with bone Thugs, that's what they went with. Okay, that's what they went with.
Speaker 2: Interesting and then what for Janet?
Speaker 1: For Janet, I gotta find her. What number you said, she's seventeen, seventeen, I get lonely, which I also wouldn't have gone with. Oh I also would to put Janet in the top twenty. Sorry Janet, come on, you're gonna put her in the top twenty? Yeah, no way, no way. I'll tell you why. Legend number twenty two. All right, so let's just hold let's h yeah, God damn it.
Speaker 4: People don't want to in the future hear these songs and think of your voiceovers.
Speaker 1: No, no, what, no? You know what I would have been. You know what? I would have been a great host for slow jams. Oh yeah, mm hmm. No. So if you go with Janet at sixteen or sorry, seventeen, here's who I'll just give you in the twenty Who gets screwed in the twenties? Who gets screwed?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: And I'll give you better than Janet? How about number twenty two? Luther Van Dross, Diane, How did you not guess Luther?
Speaker 2: I don't know Luther should be up there?
Speaker 1: Doesn't Luther? If I'm not doesn't lutheror have a soft spot in you?
Speaker 2: I told you that Dance with My Father song Always Tears.
Speaker 1: Made you cry. Yeah.
Speaker 4: What sign did they go with?
Speaker 1: They went with never too much like that? That great song number twenty four.
Speaker 8: Bill Withers, see, I think we're missing than Janet segments.
Speaker 5: But better than jan that era, better than Janet.
Speaker 1: Oh I found Chris Brown twenty six, that's high twenty nine Diana Ross?
Speaker 8: Okay, when you're talking of divas, wasn't she kind of like the original? Is miss Patty on there? Patty Patty LaBelle?
Speaker 1: Yes, she's number twenty five Love Needn't Want You?
Speaker 6: What was that?
Speaker 4: Did you start to singing.
Speaker 1: A little bit?
Speaker 2: Where was Diana Ross?
Speaker 1: Twenty nine? Okay, twenty nine? What is the They went with? Love hangover?
Speaker 4: You wanted me to see? If I haven't?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I.
Speaker 4: Love to love your Baby?
Speaker 1: That's the song you go with? Please?
Speaker 2: Is Donna Summer on the list.
Speaker 1: On the radio? Donner Summer?
Speaker 4: She must be just said love to love you baby?
Speaker 1: Thirty four? Thirty four thirty four?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's I see. Once again you've mixed up Diana Ross and Donnasmer.
Speaker 1: I conflated there.
Speaker 2: You always do that.
Speaker 1: Please don't say that.
Speaker 4: That's okay, I already heard the r Kelly.
Speaker 1: Can I go to line seven? I can do that.
Speaker 5: Hi, Elliott the Morning, Yeah, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 1: Oh? This is Rondell Jenkins. Yes, what can I do for you?
Speaker 2: I was gonna put a guest in there, and I was also going to let Tyler know.
Speaker 8: I think r Kelly's on more than just one list, but I was gonna throw Beyonce out there.
Speaker 1: Number four?
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Number four? Is that high? Is that high? Listen beyond? I went to high I went to high school. Is beyond? Is that high? Though?
Speaker 4: I'd put her up there, but four seems.
Speaker 1: That seems high, especially when Prince is at seven. I have no problems with her being ahead of Whitney. Beyonce greater than Whitney. Absolutely. I don't like the song they went with for Beyonce.
Speaker 2: What's that they went with?
Speaker 1: Dangerously in Love too? No single Ladies?
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely great song. So great song.
Speaker 8: Aretha second, Michael Jackson's third, Beyonce, Whitney fifth.
Speaker 1: Right, Nobody's name number one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: What about that's that's?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Diane just named Ross. Oh just reminded us that he was number one on another list?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: Marvin Gay?
Speaker 1: Marvin Gay? What's going on? Number ten? Number ten?
Speaker 2: So we're missing six and one in the top ten.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, you know what's going on the song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course you know that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Let's sick going Out. No, you're that's the song Mother Mother.
Speaker 1: The Oh, I didn't know you wanted the first lyrics.
Speaker 2: That's what we've been doing, Mother Mother.
Speaker 1: There's a great song. Marvin gay doesn't need me to tell him that. I used to think it was Marvin Marvin.
Speaker 5: Not his best song though, never Brother Brother Brothers.
Speaker 1: Wasn't wasn't you know? God, I hope I don't mess this up.
Speaker 4: That be clean and Casey, he's it for the promo.
Speaker 1: Didn't Marvin Gaye do Sexual Healing?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, do you know that song? Absolutely? That is.
Speaker 5: That's Marvin Gaye's greatest song. Oh yes.
Speaker 1: If you can't bone to this, you're broken. Let's get down to night. First song, first layers.
Speaker 4: That's premature, but we still love him.
Speaker 1: Greatest cover of Sexual Healing, greatest cover of Sexual Healing, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Six We we sniffed around. We just didn't name.
Speaker 2: It, so we were in that No.
Speaker 1: No, we started to name it and we didn't. Yeah, no, because I can't remember if it was Whitney was like, no, Prince was what That's how we got there. Prince was one behind this person, and you were like, do we know them? And yes, I've met this person. I met this person. I saw this guy. I've seen him be in concert a couple of times. Last time I saw him was at Pimlico.
Speaker 4: Little John. Didn't you see him at Pimlica?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: No? James Brown?
Speaker 5: Oh god, yeah, I saw James Brown at Pimlico.
Speaker 4: What's on?
Speaker 3: Get up, get into it, Get involved, everybody, everybody, get hold up, get involved?
Speaker 1: On slow jams.
Speaker 4: If anyone is at this moment filling out a form for Kristen warns, I can confirm she's Caucasian.
Speaker 1: Are you basing that on dancing sing?
Speaker 2: I gotta turn around?
Speaker 1: Did you see that?
Speaker 10: God?
Speaker 2: I can't believe I miss that.
Speaker 4: I won't take away from her that she was really into it, but it was her own very white vibe.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you who came in at number seventy? Who?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: No, no, I agree.
Speaker 2: We haven't named anybody that far.
Speaker 5: We also haven't named number one.
Speaker 1: I can tell you I like, I like, I like this placement on the list. I really do A weird thing to say, because it's going to grow exponentially. I don't understand that putting putting this person at number seventy of the greatest R and B artists of all time because of how new, new, how recent they are. But will grow exponentially. And I love the artist, love the artist. I had no idea her. Oh, but don't you agree?
Speaker 4: Who was sixty nine?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know I wrote that one down.
Speaker 2: I think of her as rock the wo her.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no, spend time on YouTube the but don't you agree she'll grow exponentially.
Speaker 4: I would have been fine if she was ranked higher.
Speaker 5: I would have liked better.
Speaker 1: But I'm fine with that. At seventy, number sixty nine, say hello to Bobby Womack, which saw across one hundred and tenth Street.
Speaker 4: You know that one?
Speaker 5: I know one hundred and tenth Street.
Speaker 2: Elliott play that airbase.
Speaker 4: Oh, let me fill out Elliott's for him.
Speaker 1: Take anybody want to take a stab at sixty.
Speaker 2: Cat Bobby Womack. Now I'm thinking like Donnie Hathaway.
Speaker 1: Definitely not.
Speaker 4: That's how we stopped still White.
Speaker 1: No number sixty neo. Yeah, thank you, Kristen.
Speaker 4: Oh oh oh, I didn't know if she was a fan. Hold On, hold on, no, hold on, I don't know this is I'm gonna play Miss Independent, but I don't know if that's.
Speaker 1: That's that's exactly the song. You also could have gone with the collab with Pitbull.
Speaker 2: I think she's having a seizure.
Speaker 1: You know, nobody mentioned who. I thought somebody would.
Speaker 4: Campbell.
Speaker 1: He's on the list, He's on the list.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. I don't remember the song.
Speaker 4: Yes, that has to be the What was his other huge hit.
Speaker 1: Was shut Up Elliott? That matter?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Nobody mentioned on Legend.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's got to be on there. Of Tevin Campbell's on there.
Speaker 1: Fifty John Legend's at fifty. I thought he would have been higher. I thought he would have been higher.
Speaker 4: What about like a pe bow?
Speaker 1: P Yes, number fifty eight, number fifty eight, But they went with Reaching for the Sky.
Speaker 5: What is the Pebo Bryson song I Know A.
Speaker 4: Whole New World?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, well, I mean yes, Wait did they I can show you a world?
Speaker 5: Is that a new world?
Speaker 1: Who did he sing it with?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, Pebo Bryson.
Speaker 2: A Lindon was Denise Williams.
Speaker 5: Denise Richards not Denise Richards not a singer?
Speaker 1: No, no, No, was that about what is? What is? What is?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: Was that from a movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What latin? No? Didn't he know? Did Pebo Bryson have another duet that was big with Selene?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Another Disney song?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Didn't they do Beaty and the Beast?
Speaker 1: Not that song?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 1: Didn't Pebo.
Speaker 4: Like? What about like if You're ever in My Arms again?
Speaker 1: If ever yourn? If it is again? Oh? Yes, and it was Regina Bell on the Whole World? Oh I can show you No.
Speaker 4: Wait, does he think it's the song rong?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know it's ever if ever I'm in your arms again?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Kiss on slow jams.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: All I want to do is here Sam. I love that song?
Speaker 8: Hell you text me.
Speaker 1: It told me? You know, nobody's mentioned that. I'm surprised number forty two. Nobody's coming with Barry White. Uh, nobody's coming with Barry White. Well, actually everybody was can't get enough of your love? Of course?
Speaker 4: Of course million versions in here. Hold on, I'll do the one.
Speaker 1: Where they do a shout out in it. Donnie Simpson, why are there so they play this on washed? They play all kinds of garbage. It's probably a morning mindset.
Speaker 7: I've heard people say too much of anything is not good for your.
Speaker 4: Baby, but I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Nobody's gotten one.
Speaker 6: Day the times if we loved and.
Speaker 1: Love there it is. Oh no, oh no, no, no, we didn't even get to the end. But oh my god, oh my god, I'll get dsby.
Speaker 4: I'm going to play it again. Okay, but you can only speak if you are totally in sync with bare Okay, I'm ready, Okay, yep.
Speaker 7: I've heard people say too much of anything, it's not good for your baby, but I don't know about that.
Speaker 6: There's many times if we loved and we shared love and made loud mad love, it doesn't seem to me like it's enough. It's just not enough.
Speaker 10: Mea, it's just not.
Speaker 9: Yes, you can't get it up, don't love.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: You can't get en up for y'all up fame?
Speaker 4: Oh I thought you?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no. Nobody mentioned number twenty three, which surprised me.
Speaker 4: Who's that?
Speaker 1: Teddy?
Speaker 2: Teddy?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, you have a soft spot and you're hard for him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you remember do you remember by Teddy Pendergrass story? No, he was in court and Philly with a housing dispute, and he had gotten some work done on his house and there was between him and the contractor, and Teddy's regular lawyer wasn't able to be there, so a young lawyer stepped in because it was a procedural hearing, it wasn't like a main part of the case. And all they told Sam Milkman was don't let Teddy talk. So Sam sat down and he introduced himself and was like, hi, mister Pendergrass, I'm I'm Sam Milkman. This is totally procedural. Don't say anything. The goal today is just let some let some new let some new part take place. This has nothing to do with the case. It's all procedural. But please and the only direction, the only direction Sam was given is don't let Teddy talk. And they started and Teddy did not like what the contractor said. And not only did Teddy speak, but Teddy unlocked his chair and started rolling around the courtroom. Theodore, oh my god, I'm a young Sam Millfit just kept yelling, mister Pendergrass.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's three.
Speaker 1: He unlocked him. I don't know how old he was at the time. No, yes, yes, yes, twenty three, twenty three.
Speaker 5: Can somebody please cast number one?
Speaker 4: Well? Just who in the top twenty five? Fly through them? Who didn't we name you?
Speaker 5: Top twenty five?
Speaker 2: We haven't gotten twenty one?
Speaker 1: Oh you know what? I didn't write down twenty one. I don't know why I didn't write down twenty one.
Speaker 2: Are we missing?
Speaker 1: You're missing? Number eighteen.
Speaker 4: I've pulled it up. Twenty one is Donnie Hathaway. Oh oh, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 10: I didn't run, little boy.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say damn it.
Speaker 5: Okay, number eighteen, we didn't guess who is it?
Speaker 1: Al Green? Al Green?
Speaker 5: Come on, come on? Tired of being alone?
Speaker 1: Can we got? Yes?
Speaker 6: Diane?
Speaker 8: What are the.
Speaker 1: Great song?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 1: Great song? Great song?
Speaker 4: So that was number one?
Speaker 1: I'm not good at hitting the post. Number ten, Marvin Gaye, number nine, r Kelly eight, Mariah seven, Prince six, James Brown five, Whitney for Beyonce three, Michael two, Aretha and number one, number one, number one, Oh my god, oh my god, here Diane, I will Can I give you a hint? Can I give you a hint? Scam? Scam, scam, scam. He's most famous for an this artist. He is most famous for his ongoing scam.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Come on, line eight, I could do that. Hi, Ellie of the Morning is me? Yes, who's number one? Please? Stevie Wonder thank you.
Speaker 8: He's most famous for his scam, Oh my god, not blind?
Speaker 1: All right? Very good? Yes, sir? Do you mind if I asked for tickets from for the son? My mom is going blind and I would like to do something special for her. I don't know if I have any extras in there. You are more than welcome to talk to Kristen. If I have them, that'd be great. If that's the last artist she's going to see. Oh, I hope she doesn't go blind between good Neighbors and Mumford and sons. Wouldn't that be a damn shame? All right? Hold on, I don't know. I don't know if we have them. Hold on one second, hold on one second.
Speaker 4: What song for stephene As? Oh?
Speaker 2: I will get that.
Speaker 4: I had baby Face cued up. Yes, come on, you have to treat us as we head into the weekend with a little Stevie.
Speaker 1: Alright, I'm ready, dude. Are we good with him at number one?
Speaker 2: I think I am the Rosebuds.
Speaker 10: No, the bloom and drug.
Speaker 9: I hate nose, loves a cute you can miss jump up.
Speaker 1: I think the scam hurts him. You oh, now can you? You know what my problem is? I would argue, this isn't Stevie's.
Speaker 2: Best how you're thinking of like like Sir Duke.
Speaker 1: Sir Duke would be number one for me?
Speaker 11: For me, okay, okay, oh you're gonna give it to me? Here we go, You know it.
Speaker 1: I don't know the first bird.
Speaker 5: Us you and mangles me all them dust.
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what? It's nice out with it. I need to smoke that nuty, you know, unless windows down. A little sneezy wonder w