Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bobo. These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and rade it.
Speaker 3: I'm star and.
Speaker 2: Greatest con yesterday and listening a watch limb always keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bobo Fay.
Speaker 2: Hey, kids, is Cliff Berrickman. And you are now listening to Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and usually Bobo. Bobo is on vacation. He's actually off the continent right now, so we're going to leave him out of this. But I know that we all miss him and everything like that. I know I do. I can barely sleep at night knowing that Bobo is not going to be on the podcast the next day. But anyway, let's go to our guests. Because I've been actually trying to get this guy on the show for quite a while. It's started running across this guy but last year at some point, I don't think we've known each other very long, but we kind of hit it off. We're good friends at this point. I did I did a conference that he organized this past this past spring or summer or something earlier in the year. Anyway, and he has a lifetime worth of adventure to share. You know, he's a film producer, he's an adventurer in general, he's an organized he's a lot of different things, but more than anything, he is Steven Majors. So Steven, thank you so much for coming on the podcast. And I'm so happy we can finally get you on. And I'm sorry for Bobo's absence.
Speaker 3: Not a problem, man, I'm just grateful to be on the show, and thank you for that wonderful intro. Man, that's the best I ever got.
Speaker 2: You cover it the best. Oh man, you need to do more podcast because I thought it was pretty mediocre, you know. Well anyway, So yeah, you've had basically a lifetime of kind of circling around the Bigfoot of the bigfoot subject in some way or another. And I know that it started up in coastal British Columbia back in the day. How did a bigfoot get on your radar?
Speaker 3: What you said there were really good. I really had. I had a very interesting father, and I had a very interesting childhood because he was a really adventurous guy too, and he kind of that kind of emulated in me and some of my siblings as well. But one of the fortunate things that relate to Bigfoot here is I was born in Kellogg, Idaho, so northern Idaho. That's where I raised until nineteen seventy six. And my father comes home and he says, hey, here's the deal. We're moving to this wonderful, beautiful place. It's heaven on Earth. It's called Jennis Bay. It's located on the northern coast of BC, out in the bush across from Port Hardy, where he had actually lived and worked at logging camps in various places in the nineteen forties and fifties. And we're like, oh wow, you know, and he's a really beautiful sketch artist and he would sketch all these photos about this is what it looks like and blah blah blah blah. You know what I'm like, twelve tan or whatever. You know what I'm saying. And so anyways, subsequently he moved us, school got out, he packed us up, and we all moved to this little place called Jennis Bay out there on the coast. And it was a real adventure because you know, here we are and we're young, and we drive to Seattle and then we get on a floatplane and then we fly for three and a half hours, just you know, up the coast, and we finally we land in this in this little bay. I always remember the day we came in there. It was gray and overcast and you know, just kind of typical BC with her, I guess, and we land in the land in this little little bay called Jennis Bay. And what was there was an abandoned logging camp that was closed down in the fifties and it was like a town. There were twenty seven buildings there, homes and jobs and blah blah blah that have been completely abandoned and left to itself for all those years. He moved us up there, and one of the things that we we came to know about it after we had been there for a little bit is my ad had actually grown up with a chief of the Indian village that was down there in Hopetown. Village was just down the inlet from us, and so he was good friends with them, and when we had moved there, we had some associations with them, and the rules were kind of set down. It was like a welcome thing, you know, welcome you know, children of Jerry Major blah blah, that kind of thing to the area and nice to media. Now here are some ground rules for living in the area. One of the ground rules was we were free to travel anywhere that we wanted to around the lakes and the inlet. However, there was a specific area that is just northwest of the of the Hopetown village, and it was like, you go anywhere, but see those mountains up there, You do not go up there. That is a sake. That's those are sacred grounds. You stay out of there. Don't go up there because if you do, you're going to run into trouble because there is a guardian. The guardian will get you. And and it turned out the guardian was duna Quar sasquatch. And so you stay at all those areas and welcome to well, you know, welcome to BC and have a good time. And that was about it. But that was my first introduction with sasquatch. And we learned more about it, but it really didn't stick with me, you know what I'm saying. We're like, oh, that's kind of cool and stuff, but it really didn't bother us all that much. However, that was in nineteen seventy six, and so every now and then you would hear a few things, but we didn't take it serious. And I was like, Dad, well, was there sasquatch around here? Yeah? There is, but here you know, they won't mess with you. You don't mess with them. Don't worry about that. And we went about our business. And then in nineteen fast forward three years, so it's nineteen seventy nine, so I'm about fifteen years old, and beyond Jennis Bay there's a lake. It's called Who Asked Lake, and it's about thirteen miles long, and we were up working on the lake there. We do log selvage on the lake, and one afternoon my dad pulls into this little by and we're gonna have some lunch. He gets off the boat and a few moments later he comes running back all excited at everything. It says, you got to come over here. Look what we found. You know, look what I found. Look what I found. So me and the other guy we get off the boat and we walked along the beach there and there's a little sandy area where a stream had come down, kind of like a draw. It had a stream run down through it in a little sandy beach area, and we're like, he goes, come here, comm here, you got to look at this. And we get over there and he goes, he points down, he goes, look at that, and I'm like what. He goes, bigfoot? And what was in the little sandy area. There was, you know, some huge footprints. You could see where this thing had come down the hill. It walked around on the Sandy Beach area, and then it turned around and gone back up the side of this draw and I'm like, holy crap, and we're like looking at him. He goes, I told you a bigfoot. And I remember we measure the tracks. They were like sixteen or eighteen inches, but they were flipping huge, and it's like that it started to become real for me at that point. And then he's said, well, let's follow them. And so what we did is we followed them up the draw and you could see where the thing came down and then when it went back up the draw, which was on the edge of this little stream that came through there, and we're following up the hill and it's going boom, boom boom, and here are these huge, big tracks and then about I don't know, maybe seventy five yards up the hill, it plateaued for a little bit, and then there was a little little pool where the stream had come down and it was had pooled there. And when you got up to that little plateau and you could see where it stopped, and it had gotten down, we believe it got down on its knees, and there was two huge handprints like it had gotten down, you know, on its knees and put one hand down here, one down here, and we presume it got a drink of water. And it was like, holy smokes man, the hands were absolutely just huge. And then it kind of got up, or well, we're assuming it got up. And then we followed the tracks farther up the side of the hill, probably about another seventy five hundred yards, and they stopped at a rock cliff. We lost them. One of the things that was significant about this when we're going up the hill, when we're walking up that draw, about every so often there would be an about six or seven feet up on an alder tree. These green alder trees, they were broken over, twisted and broken over all to the left, all to the same side. As you're going up the hill, probably about you know, every twenty five thirty feet and I'm like, whatsk my dad? I said, well, detracts and all this stuff is crazy, but what is that all about? You could see a line of them going up the hill, and he said, that's how a sasquatch marks it's territory.
Speaker 2: And they're all going the same direction. I wonder what that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, going the same direction, like a line, like a picket line going up the hill.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. I was thinking if they're all to the left, I wonder if that shines some sort of light on left handedness or right handedness of these animals, because studies have been done on other other ape species about that same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and I always regret. You know, this was in nineteen seventy nine, so we didn't have cell phones. You know, we didn't have a movie camera with us. It was just something that we stumbled across. Uh, you know, stumbled across on that. But man, if you know, I regret to that. You know, it's one of those things where if I would have had some plaster you know, even thought of these things like plaster casting, you know all of that. I mean, you had a perfect from yet we had hand prints, we had knee prints, we had you know, footprints, and we had this, you know, this the perfect line of tree breaks going all the way up this hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fantastic. I find like that today would would just spread like wildfire through the Bigfoot community. That's something as important as that.
Speaker 3: Yeah it, dude, it was. And that made Bigfoot real for me. And after that I was nervous the whole time I was up there, you know. But what was significant about that as well is where we were. Where we were at on that lake was very close to the area where they said don't go.
Speaker 2: And did you put two and two together that time or is that just yeah, okay, No.
Speaker 3: Dude, I did because we were going and I was like, oh my god, and I realized where we were, and then I became more conscious of this is real, Sasquatch is here. And there was something else that happened the following year, the following summer that even made things more true to me. The following summer, down on that east end of the lake, there was a logging crew and they would blog. They were logging this big area we are camp. Our blogging place was on the left end. They were all the way down on the east end. Well, their camp was actually even closer to the area where you're not supposed to go, but they weren't logging that area. They were logging an area that was just to the south of it, but they were very very close to it. They had to log camp there and they had about eighteen twenty people and stuff, and they were working and we would have some interactions with them. Well, there was a I that was working at that camp that my dad had known since, you know, since their youth, you know, since he was a teenager up there on the coast, and he was kind of an interesting guy and whatnot. But for some reason, and we don't know why, maybe just to be opportunistic or something like that. There was I guess during the time as well, there was a big market for like First Nations, you know, artifacts like old trinkets or old jewels or things of that nature or something like that, as I recall, something like that. But for some reason he felt motivated to actually trespass on that ground that you were supposed to stay away from in search of some trinkets or something that may have value. So we're back at Jenice Bay. We're back and it's like, I don't know, it's like one thirty, twelve thirty or whatever. And back in the day, you didn't have telephones up there. We're out in the middle of nov You got radiophones. That's what you got. You got radiophones. And it's you know, it's like I'm sleeping and everybody's in bed, and all of a sudden, the radio phone starts crackling and you hear, you know, calling out five mL seven eight, five months seven eight, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, are you there? Pick up? Pick up? Pick up? Pick up, pick up. And this frantic guy, this guy just absolutely frantic on the radiophone. He says, Jerry, pick up. But you know, you know when you always have your radios on a case's an emergency, right, So it's like, oh, man, get you know, got to get up, and what's going on? What's going on? And then my dad gets on the radio phone and he goes, he goes, yeah, this is what's what's going on? Is that you is that? He goes, Jerry, Jerry, you gotta come and get us. You gotta come, help us, help us, you gotta come and get us. He's like, well, what's going on? And he's got you got to get up to the camp. You got to get us right away. And you can hear his wife in the background, the guy that's on the radio phone. You can hear his wife in the background screaming, and she goes, it's looking in the window. It's at the window. It's at the window, and they're just as absolute terror. He goes, you gotta come and get us. So my Dad's like, well, hold on, man, I'll get there. So my here it is Millanite. My dad's got to get up. He gets in the truck, he's got to drive five miles up this dirt. He's got to get in his boat and he has to go another ten miles down the lake to get him and my dad most fearless man I ever know. He did it. I mean he did it. And he goes down to goes down there in the middle of nite. He gets them at about I don't know, it was probably about three or four hours later, just before light. He comes back to the house and he has them there and I'm just watching these people and there's all this commotion. They're just crazy and they're screaming, and she goes it, what's gonna get is, what's gonna get is blah blah blah blah, and he's like, he sits them down and he goes, I told you not to go there. You just you went there, didn't you. And he goes, yeah, I did. I had to go there. And he goes, what did you take? What did you take? And he goes, I just got a few things. I just got a few things. And he says, give me everything that you have and he gave the stuff to my dad, and my dad said, I'll be back later. And he left him there and he went all the way back up there and he put the stuff back. But when things calm down, and what had happened is he had trest. He went up into the area where he wasn't supposed to go. He absconded with some trinkets and whatever you know that were left in the you know, in the burial stuff up there.
Speaker 2: He had the little grave robbing and then yeah he did.
Speaker 3: But man, and what happened is he got back to the float camp and he the crew had gone into town and they would do that on the weekends. They'd gone to town, so it was just him and his wife once they got back. He got back, she didn't go with him. He got back and as soon as it started to get dark, they started hearing these how just howling, just wailing right, and it kept getting closer and closer, and theyoul get a little bits book and then it got it came down and then they heard pounding and thumping. It got on the floatouses. You know, floathhouses didn't live on land. You have the floatouse. You know, you make a platform, you build a house on right, float camps. And it got on there and it was hollern and beaten on the side of the cabin and it was just hair rising, a holy all out of them.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages. Boba, are you starting to notice thinning hair?
Speaker 3: Who me?
Speaker 2: Maybe a little a little hair left or a little thinning hair both. Well, I've got good news for you, Bobo. Hymns offers access to prescription treatments for regrowing hair and as little as three to six months, so you can see a fuller head of hair like Bobo in the old days. By fall.
Speaker 4: That'd be nice having a fresh fall crop to harvest.
Speaker 2: So Sweet Hymns offers convenient access to a range of prescription hair loss treatments with ingredients at work, including choose oral medication, serums and sprays.
Speaker 4: Yep, doctors trust this stuff. It's been clinically proven. It's got of ingredients like finesteride and oxidil, and that stuff can stop hair loss and we go hair in his lill is three to six months.
Speaker 2: You can get started from the comfort of your own home, cave, motor home, or wherever you happen to be by filling out an intake form and a medical provider will determine if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment is sent directly to you for free.
Speaker 4: The process is one hundred percent online, which means getting started has never been more convenient, and even if sasquatch can do it, it's so easy.
Speaker 2: No insurance is needed and one low price covers everything from treatments to ongoing care. Plus treatment options start at just thirty five dollars a month. Start your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 4: That's hims dot com slash beyond for personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 2: Hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 1: Individual results may vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finasteride. Prescription required. See website for full details, restrictions and important safety information.
Speaker 2: Did you ever go to this area where you're not supposed to go?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, because you're a young man, I mean, and that's that's if. I mean, I'd probably do it now, But as a young man, I would certainly go wherever I wasn't supposed to go.
Speaker 3: I didn't because you know, I respect my elders, you know what I'm saying, And it's like, dude, this is their land, it's not mine. I don't you know what We were kind of taught that kind of stuff. But you can go there on the water and you can look. I mean, you know what I'm saying. And I'm going to throw this out here today and somebody is going to be extremely upset, but I wanted to get some of this out here and on the ocean side of this, if you want to stand and look and face up at the area where all of this where of this succurt It's called Clayton Bay. It's right across you know, Hopetown Watson Island, and Watson Island is where Hopetown Indian village was, and today it's pretty much a bannon. When I was there, there's like three four hundred people there. Man, it was like, you know, a huge Indian village, but today there's just a lodge house there. But that area where this occurred, the saltwater side of it, would basically be what's called Clayton Bay, which is right across the little inlet there, and you can go there today, and people do go there today.
Speaker 2: I totally get like you're respecting the area and staying out of it and all that sort of stuff, But I would definitely want to look at it or get close to it to find out what kind of thing is guarding it. But I guess if everybody knew it was a sasquatch, maybe that was enough to keep people away.
Speaker 3: This area today. As recent as two thousand and eight, there people have had encounters with something when they've been in that bay that's closest to that mountain area where you're not supposed to go. There is something still there, and I have to share this story with you real quickly. Fast forward to twenty and seventeen. I'm up on Vancouver Island and I'm you know, and I've been coming up there for half a year, and people would, you know, people got work that I was on the island and I was doing this and who I was, and oh, yes, Jerry Major's kid, blah blah blah, he's up there looking for sasquatch. Right, And I kind of made my headquarters at as Campbell River, and so people would know I was at Campbell River and they would come down and they would, you know, they would want I was looking for people to tell me about recent and calendaries. You don't gather intelligence areas to go. So I'm at a hotel in Campbell River and this guy comes in and he says, man, I want to share something with you. And the guy is a was a He drove water taxi. And water tax you know, need to either go up there. There's no road, you get around by a boat or whatever. You can hire a water taxi. And his job was to run people back and forth by this particular area because there's always some log inn, fisheries or thing that are going on in area. Right. It was one fall and he dropped off a crew and he was coming back and he was tired, and he was like man, and the weather was bad because it can get pretty rough there. So he's like, I'm going to pull up. I'm going to pull in this little bay here, and I'm going to you know, I'm going to anchor offshore and kind of have a nap and let the weather pass right. So he pulls in there and he said, yeah, I just you know, I put down my anchor and I'm about, you know, how did you yards offshore maybe or you know, something like that, and I'm tired. So he lays down and he's he's just having his snooze, and then all of a sudden, he said, for some reason, he just woke up. I mean, he just something made him wake up. And he sat up, and he's like, all of a sudden, man, his hair stand on the back of his neck and whatever, and he's just, all of a sudden, he's extremely fearful, and he and he stood up and he looked out the windshield the front window of the boat standing on. Well. First of all, he said, the tide had gone out. Why he was there a little bit, and so he was closer to the beach than he wasn't. All of a sudden, half of the beach. He said, it's probably only about fifty yards of the beach and stay on the beach is this huge hairy, bipedal beast. He didn't say by petal, I mean said, dude was just like this huge, flipping hairy man and it's standing on the beach and it's looking at him, and it's pacing back and forth, and it's jumping up and down with his arms and it's going e it's just roaring at him, and it's like just like it's frustrated, and he's trying to figure out how it can get to his boat and it's gonna kill him, and it's just anyways, and and this guy, I'm sitting here and this guy is shaking man and he could just he's white telling me this story. So anyways, he's like this thing gonna he's gonna get out here, and he's closer and all this stuff. So what he did, he said, he started his boat and just gunned it backwards bom and he's dragging his anchor and he got far enough out into some deeper water to where he felt relatively comfortable that he reached over and he pulled in his anchor and he just hauled ass out of there. And he said behind him. He looked behind him, and that thing would just pay you know what I'm saying, like you see a crazy gorilla. When they would throw him blow get you. He could throw it around and then he had past it. You know what I'm saying. That was yeah, December twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen, and that's in the same area, so it's still there. You know.
Speaker 2: That's something that I've seen over the years, is that places that once held sasquatches do still hold sasquatches if the area has not changed significantly. And I mean when I say change, what I really mean by that is essentially paving. As long as you don't pave in areas or develop it or to start, you know, build too many houses or something in the area, the sasquatches are still going to be there. And this is to an extreme example. I was talking to Moneymaker one time and he was telling me that he was running an expedition in Florida and they ran into sasquatches, And upon further investigation and research, they found that there were reports in that same area, literally in that same area from the late eighteen hundreds. So sasquatches hang out in the same area, and that's also something that the more modern data is yielding as well. One of our study areas at the north of big Foot Center, we are getting footprints, actually both two of our three of our areas, we're getting footprints and finding sign like within just a few miles and in some cases within just a few feet. Last August I cast a footprint, actually I cast a series of footprints down off the Clacamus River and uh and this past May I found footprints within five feet of where I cast them the previous August. So and certainly in a larger area, you know, I say a five or ten you know mile area, they're hanging out there, because if they're they're there once, that means there's resources there, and if that area doesn't change significantly, those resources are probably still going to be there years, if not decades later.
Speaker 3: Here's a question I have for you. I've got an area here unless I'm gonna use this for example there that I just spoke to you about it there now I can continually go back up there. But I don't feel like I'm yielding any result. You know what I'm saying. I don't. I'm not. I'm kind of stumped after these all these years of running up there to this particular area. But I'm comfortable there because I know the area stuff like that. But we here, we have a particular area where historically, and like you have as well, what can I do, in your opinion, to take it to the next level to where we could actually get something more definitive.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this, what have you been doing?
Speaker 3: Well, what I've been doing is I've been doing the same same thing. That about the only thing I know how to do. You go out to an area, you spend some time there. Well, you go up what I've been doing, identifying area where there's been ongoing and reoccurring sideings. And my thought was, well, I'm going to go in an area where there's that would yield me the highest likelihood of having an encounter with a sasquatch, and this particular area, you know, it's one of those areas where it seems that you've got something aggressive it's continually there, and have a confrontation that allows you to get the to get the definitive evidence that you need rather than just getting hair samples, DNA and casting tracks.
Speaker 2: I guess right, But have you been have you been casting Prince and getting DNA samples and winter or is that the next level you're trying to get to.
Speaker 3: No, my next level is I guess my next I've done that. I've done those things, but other people are doing those things. So I don't think that I need to do those things because I think, I guess what I'm beating around the bush. I guess what my point is. What I think is that we've reached a stage in the games here where we need a body.
Speaker 2: Yes, although are you aware of the DNA study that the new DNA study that's passed sponsored by University North Carolina. We had Darby or Cut on our podcast, I think just last week, and this seems to hold a great deal of hope for discovering the speed or recognizing the species.
Speaker 3: So no, no, actually I'm not I'll have to check that out. I'm not familiar with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a new DNA study that holds a lot of promise, whereas I never really did feel the other ones did. Once you know they're there at the beginning, we're all hopeful, but at the end of the day, it seems like the other ones weren't quite what they were intended to be. But this one seems Legit seems to be on the up and up, and I'm putting my voice behind it as best I can and trying to gather samples.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: So our listeners, and also for you, Stephen, I feel free to go back at last week and you can take a listen, because I think this might actually be very promising. A body will be needed, sure, a body will be needed, but maybe, hopefully not, maybe this DNA thing can get it done. I don't strongly advocate for taking a body, even though I do know those are the rules. I didn't write them, but those are the rules for recognizing new species. It's just that I would be optimistic, perhaps one of these rare moments of optimism from Cliff, that that perhaps we can get this done without taking a specimen. I don't. I'm not sure that can happen, but if there's a chance, I'm willing to take it because I'm not going to show one. You know, I'm a danger to myself and others if I'm carrying around a huge Oh.
Speaker 3: I definitely wouldn't do that either. I wasn't advocating that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, But so hopefully, hopefully trace evidence something like body parts like hair or flesh samples or blood samples, that would get it done. I think at this point according to Darby or cut our guest last week and who's heading the study. So I don't know, I think that might be a good game changer. But how do you get those things? I guess is the next question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because what my what what I want to do is I want to capture one.
Speaker 2: Capture How would how would you do that?
Speaker 3: I think I think it's possible. I think it's possible, given given if you can create a situation to where it exposes itself in such a way because you've enraged it so much that it's going to try to kill you and then it's going to get entrapped. Why, basically a person is bait. I think you could do it.
Speaker 2: What would you do to make it so mad?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. You know, but a lot of people in your listen, they're going to laugh at this. But you know where I'm at in the game right now is I'm going to capture one. My energy, My energy is going to be my energy, and resources is going is going into developing, creating, a few possibilities on capturing one. I think you could do it.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo will be right back after these messages. No, No, would capturing also entails, say tranquilizing one or something or because one of the things that people ask me is like, whoa why do not try to capture one? And I've thought about it. I've spent some time thinking about it, and like, how do you capture something that's twelve hundred pounds has a strength of fifteen or twenty men and not just weak men, because I have the strength of ten men, but they're very, very weak men, twenty like extordainately strong men, all wrapped into one horrifying package. That's pretty smart, you know, way smarter than bears, way smarter than bears. And a lot of bears are smarter than the dumbest of tourists. So like, how do you do that? Like what is I mean clearly not a spike pit or something like that, or and bear traps they don't work on this sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Other I've actually come I've actually been working with somebody and we've come up with a number of entrapment devices that just may possibly work. But you know what I was thinking, is okay, I described as scenario for you where that really occurred, where someone had trespassed, had taken something they shouldn't, it tracked them, it was enraged, and it came after them. They just didn't know how to react to it. So they called my dad to come save them. Now, let's say you could recreate recreate that kind of scenario, but without the sasquatch knowing that you're going to try to.
Speaker 2: Get them, So you'd have to It sounds like in this particular, like this specific scenario, you'd have to get like tribal permission.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, absolutely, absolutely, yes, Yeah, I mean that's a given. Well, yeah, that's a given.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that loan would be tough. But I mean, I don't want to the poop on your parade or anything. I'm just I'm just I'm thinking out loud with you. Think of me as troubleshooting, not shooting down your idea.
Speaker 3: By the way, No, and that's good because I'm just I'm throwing this stuff out because I'm frustrated with what I've been doing for the last five years. You know what I'm saying I don't really care. You know, it's time. Okay, how many more track castings do I personally want? You know? And I'm speaking for me because I'm not, you know, like I say, well, yeah, I do Bigfoot research, but really I don't. I mean, maybe I do, but really my whole goal is I'm hunting. I'm going you know, I'm hunting Sasqua. I'm hunting him. I want to catch up with him. I want to have a serious encounter with the guy. You know, I want to figure you know that. That's really what I'm after is chasing down interactions and encounters with Sasquatch. And that's why focus on the areas that I have, especially on the BC coast and going into Port Chatham, Alaska. Like Port Chatham, Alaska, the reason we went there is it was a high likelihood of a serious confrontation based on lower and legend and historical stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, you know, let's talk about por Chatham a little bit. So give us a little background in por Chatham for our listeners who may not know that much about it, and then tell us about your role in well in putting it back on the map, so.
Speaker 3: To speak, for those that may be unaware. Port Chatham, Alaska, is on the northern tip of the Keynye Peninsula, the end of the Keynye Peninsula catchmc Bay. It is very remote, but it's essentially forty five miles by boat down catch Mec Bay from Homer, Alaska. And it was in seventeen eighty six Nathaniel Port Locke's a British guy explorer. They found it a little like fur trading there or whatever, and then it grew into a fishing village, and then it grew into a cannary and had a huge cannery there that they had built. And so it went from fur trading to salmon processing, cannery stuff, and it ran up until essentially nineteen fifty. But over that time, starting in like the I think the first death occurred and recorded death occurred somewhere around, you know, between nineteen ten and nineteen twenty. But legend has it that they have a creature in the area there that's called the Nantaock, which is essentially their version of a sasquatch. That's not means like Harry Man or Harry Beast or something like that. While long in the short of it is that the town was eventually after a number of mysterious deaths, people being ripped apart, disappearing, finding body parts, you know stuff, people just getting ripped to shreds when they go out. That people were afraid, the natives were afraid, who were primarily the ones that worked in the cannery. So they completely closed the place and everybody abandoned it in nineteen fifty and no one ever went back. And it's probably the most horrific story related to, you know, a sasquatch type of deal ever, because there were so many factual, factual basis for it. There you can find reports that people were killed under my serious circumstances, people went missing. There was a lot of documentation. They even had information that was taken out of the cannery manager's log where you know, certain dates this appen and blah blah blah stuff like that. So anyway, so the town was essentially abandoned in nineteen fifty. People say the postmaster was the last guy to leave or whatever. But they abandoned the town and they moved moved out of there up a bit, and so the place was like bad menacing man. I mean, the story. People will talk about it for seventy years everybody's talking about the story about this evil place, and then people did shows about it and all that, but no one ever went out there. They were afraid. So I'm on Vancouver islandm lining my own business to my sasquatch stuff up there, you know, and I get an email from a guy and he says, hey, man, you ever hear the story of Port chattam Alaska. You ought to go check this out. And that was in two thousand and you know, beginning to twenty eighteen. And I was absolutely fascinated by the story, absolutely fascinated in the fact that no one had been there. So I started doing all this research and decided that, man, this sounds like the perfect place to go, a perfect place to go because you evidently have something there that chase people away. It's aggressive, the likelihood of having a serious encounter is off the chart. So I gotta go, gotta go. But it took me about you know, once I put the plan in motion, it took me about six seven months just to get permission to go in there.
Speaker 2: And why is that, like, what kind of like permission did you need?
Speaker 3: You don't I want? As soon as I found out that it was the land was owned by owned by one of the native tribes and set yeah. And secondly, it is a new Native historical site, which is another thing. So I wanted to make sure that, you know, I'm not going on somebody's land without their permission and whatnot. And but dude, let me tell you, it took six months to figure out to finally get in contact with those people in authority that that would allow me to go out there. And here's an interesting fact about it too. Once people in the area that had relatives that had grown up in Port Chatham, Alaska, you know, before it was abandoned, there were some people that I think there's even might be a couple maybe that are still alive that actually were children there. But I started getting flooded with calls and emails from people saying, don't go there. You go there, you're going to die, It's cursed, it's an evil place. Stay away from there. And then I even got a few threats of my life if I did decide to go there. I mean, dude, it was terrible and it was like holy smokers, man, and it's like people were there just tear petrified. They didn't want anybody going there because they thought that it might rekindle the n ant TOOC. I mean, I got some weird phone calls and I got a lot of emails to that regard, but I also was able to talk with some people that gave me realistically, you know, what it was like and what's going there. So anyway, so we got permission to go in there, and that's where Adam Davis comes in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Adams of course a great friend of ours and hers being everybody, but he's also been on the podcast before. He and just love the guy. Loved the guy to bits, you know.
Speaker 3: So I wasn't going to go in there. I wasn't going to go in there by myself. So I'm said, okay, well now I got to start thinking about who I want to go with, right And you know, this was before things really started rolling. It was it was very fortuitous. I met Adam up up in Campbell River. It was kind of a weird. He just happened to be up there. He with somebody else that I knew, and he put us together and I said, hey, man, I said, this is all great and dandy here on Van, but let me tell you about port Lock, Alaska. Would you like to.
Speaker 2: Go yeah, I think Adam has ever said no to anything like that.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, I remember He's like, bloody hell, yes, you know that kind of thing. But then we could, you know, we put things together from there, and uh man, June. The June that following June, we went and we thought, well, we'll just flying too Homer. Man, we'll charter a boat and we'll go out there, right and well we get we get to Homer and it's like we're trying to find somebody to take us out there. No one wanted to take us out there.
Speaker 2: So everyone knew where it was, but no one was willing to do it.
Speaker 3: They were not willing to do it. And people said, if you go out there, you're gonna die. You don't want to go out there, and I don't want to go out there with you, and blah blah blah blah blah. And I'm like, oh man, okay, well I guess that both things out. So then I start calling, you know, like helicopters and all these charter planes. Right, well, I guess we'll fly out there. We'll go with plan B. Nobody even wanted to fly us out there, and through some weird circumstances at the same hit the bar at the Salty Dog. Somebody over her is talking and we a gentleman says, well, I'll take you out there.
Speaker 2: It's like a movie or something like that.
Speaker 3: So seriously, because we were just, we were just and he was like he was a wild man. He's like, yeah, I'll take you out there. So anyways, and so great. So we worked out a deal with him, and the next morning we got up early and drove us out to you know, took us out there, and man, it's forty two miles. I don't seen that long, but I'm both you know, it's like two hours.
Speaker 2: Oh that's forever on a boat. Yeah. Yeah, because if you're doing ten or fifteen knots per hour on the water, you're going pretty fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So anyways, and so man, we're just, you know, and we're nervous too. You don't get me wrong. I'm nervous too because we don't know what to expect. But dude went for us to go out there, to me in the Bigfoot research world or whatever I mean, for me or whatever I can under I kind of could relate to what those guys felt like. The first of paulm that landed on the Moon. I mean, to me, it was like that, because here we are, we're going to a place that just people have been so petrified to this place. No one's gone out here for seventy flipping years, you know, and all this, and here we are, and we're going to be the first, you know. And so anyway, so he takes us out, you know, we take that boat right out there, and I just remember it was in June, and it was near the winter summer solstice, and we the weather we got with just I mean, it was exquisite. It was beautiful. The trip was out there, and we pulled into this bay and we're just looking around and you're like, oh, okay, we're kind of orienting ourselves with us where okay we see and then you see the little building, you know, so you kind of figured out where we were at. We had a map and all that. But he takes us in there and it was, dude, it was absolutely gorgeous day. I just remember that, and the place was just full of sea otters, you know, big sea otters rolling around there long. And the short of it is the boat guy, we kind of orient ourselves where we're at the where the old town was, and we he did a little looking around there and then we're like, okay, where's he going to drop us off? Because basically gonna drop us he's going to come back and get us in three days. So we found a spit and he was happy to kick us off the boat and he said, hey, by the way, do you guys have a satellite phone? We said no, and he goes, what's wrong with you? And he gave us a satellite phone. He said every twelve hours, I want you to text me all is well? And then he boogeed and got out of there and it was just me and Adam and Jill Sier cameraman.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, the cameraman. So that's something to note too, is that people can actually see this adventure for themselves because you produced a documentary out of it.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, that was the follow up one, but the recon was a three day thing. And I'm going I'm sorry, I'm a little long here, but what I have to tell you is this. We didn't sleep the whole time. When I say that, literally we were scared. There was so much anxiety and we were scared and we were on edge, and so we didn't even sleep the first, you know, we would all and eight every couple hours. You know, someone could get a twenty minute nap. But we were constant on guard and we're very vision because we didn't know what to expect well.
Speaker 2: And also and I know that the place is clearly has some bad juju going on, you know, like there's there's some there's legends about this place that like this whole thing has been built up in your mind. But on top of that, there's a real possibility that there's a The sasquatches there have learned that they can chase people away and be terrible to them. But correct me if I'm wrong. But there are brown bears there too, right.
Speaker 3: Dude, there are Let me tell you something I've never The highest concentration of black bears is on the Kenai Peninsula and in Alaska, right, and then there is those huge Kodiak brown bears. And when we were hiking around, when we were walking around the old town side of Port Chatham, Alaska, there was so much bear scat. I mean it was like you thought that there must have been a whole town of bear there. It's everywhere, and man, and then we stumbled across a brown bear track that was the hugest bear track I'd ever seen in my entire life. And we never ran into any of them. But I remember when we one morning when we went in there here, one of the piles was still steaming. It was huge. But there were bears everywhere.
Speaker 2: And you never saw one though you never saw one.
Speaker 3: Thank god. Well I did see one, not on this trip.
Speaker 2: To me, that's almost scarier because you knew that you were, you were there, you were in the middle of it. They were around, maybe not fifty of them, but there were a handful of these things around and you never saw one. To me, that's almost creepier.
Speaker 3: One of the things that we and you're bringing up a good point, and this is overlooked and even sometimes I forget about it. But we did note some interesting things when we were there. And one of the things that we noted was there seemed to be a division of land. There seemed to be a barrier between have like split the kind of spl it half of port locked Port Chatham, where the bears did not go like we're we're hiking around and we hiked originally we hiked like we did. Somebody had one of listenings where you keep tracted, but we did like eight point six miles. I mean seriously, we were covering some ground because we had a limited, limited part of time be there. But one of the things that we did notice is there there is an area that once you crossed this invisible barrier, there was zero bear sign. It's like the bears did not go there and which which was odd, but we know it was almost you know, we noticed it after a little bit because it's like, that's strange. Why is all this bear sign and bear tracks and bear poop and they're eating all the berries, But then you get over on this side and and there's no bearrier. I mean there's berries everywhere there. Bears haven't touched them. There's absolutely no We haven't come across any bears gat no bear tracks or anything that is odd.
Speaker 2: That is odd. Yeah, what did you what did you find on that side of the track, so to speak, like what did you find in the no bear zone that gave you some idea apps what what what that was all about?
Speaker 3: When we were in the no bearri zone. Okay, there was a couple of things that we noticed. One of them is the no bearrizone bordered the there's a lagoon, and this is a lagoon where allegedly they found body parts, you know, ripped up body parts that washed down in a slagoon. And the No Bear Zone was the area that bordered that lagoon. And secondly, when we were hiking around that area, first of all, we kind of got the feeling that something was watching us, you know how you get kind of get that feeling. But secondly, we kept hearing this a little running and stop running and stop running and stop.
Speaker 2: Foot foot like foot poundings or kind of.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And and it was up the ridge, you know, it was behind us, but as we moved in a circular, it stayed on the ridge kind of above us but arallel this and I never it was really think, you know, and so we don't know, but we kept hearing it, and there was something there. I don't know what it was, but there was something there.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. I think I caught a little bit of one of these documentaries that you were in about this. And if I remember right, the ground is basically padded moss everywhere you look, so there's not a lot of opportunity for subs for tracks and good substrate.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, no, there isn't. There isn't. Subsequent to this, after we'd exhausted, Okay, because I've been there three times and I don't want to confuse, and a couple of trips, so I'm going to back up real quick. And then the trip that I did with Adam when we went in there. If you haven't seen the flur video that was captured during that trip, I highly recommend it. You can see it. It's available on episode two of the Alaska Triangle. We actually provided it to him.
Speaker 2: Oh I was on that show, actually, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right. You were not in that episode, of course, but yeah, I was on that. I was on that series.
Speaker 3: So yeah. And by the way, I have film of when that actually occurred and when, and I was looking at it the other day. Basically, what was caught on that flur was some Adam was doing, you know, some of his calling. You know what I'm saying, how he does that? Right, Because we were trying to it was getting to be our last night there, and you know, it's dark and everything and and whatnot, and and all of a sudden he started doing that. We thought we heard something coming from way up on this ridge. We thought we heard something. So it immediately I've got the flur and uh and and we're looking up there and we're handing the flair back and forth whatever, and I'm going, look, and I noticed something and that it's something came over the top of the ridge and started coming down, and I'm going, holy crap. And anyways, and so I gave it, you know, I said, Adam, take a look at this man, and you know, when he's got it and he's flirting up there and this thing, it was like, comes running over the top of hill. Appears that way came over the top of hill and started coming down the ridge. And I'm like, it appeared to be by Pete whatever. And anyways, it was, and Joe Siah's actually filming this as it's occurring, and here it is, and I, like I said, I was just looking at it, and you can actually see the fear in my face. And then I started telling him stop yelling, you know, stop doing your thing, stop doing your calling, because whatever it is, you've irritated it, you've agitated it, and I don't want it coming down any farther. Down that hill. So anyways, there's a good clip of that Flair video that they have on that show. When we did the first movie, when we came back in September eight of twenty eighteen, and we did actually shot the movie Search of the Port Chatham Harryman. During that trip, we did find some tracks and we but you know what I'm saying, We did find some really good impressions and we try to show them the best that we can in the film, but they weren't really anything that was was castable. But we did find those and when we were following those up into what I called the Valley of Death. You follow them up into this wooded area and it's and it's a valley, but it opens up into a really grassy metal once you get through the woods. We had identified the trackway and we started following it. We kind of spread out and we're going up there and I called the Valley of Death. I have to give names to everything, because you know, they said people would go up the valley and they would never come back. You know, that was part of the legend. But as you're going up the valley, there's this thing had it was they were very, very fresh because as it's going up through the hills, you know, you could see the fresh dirt where it's toes were grabbing, and we managed it was about fourteen inches and there was actually a couple imprints and where it stepped on a log, and then after that it would just started running up the hill right and you could see the stride and where the toes had dug into the dirt. And we were right behind this thing, and it was in the morning, and we're following up up that valley there, and we're kind of spread out in like a wedge formation. You know, Beans is up front, but he's to the right, and I'm on one side of this valley and We're coming up and as we're going up that trackway, I'm looking to forward, but out of the corner of my eye, something darts in between two trees. And it was just quick, and there was a gap of about twenty feet in between two trees, and something very tall and gray and lanky, lanky, due just darted between two trees and I just caught a profile of it. I immediately said, stopped, everybody. I said, holy bleep, bleep, bleep, I whatever, don't move, man. I just saw something dart between two trees, and I called there in the radio and they said, get over here, man, because I just saw something. We're on the trail of something. But here was the interesting thing. I'm like, what's it doing? What's a doing? And the valley that we were going into, Ashley was a dead end.
Speaker 2: Oh, some sort of box canyon sort of, Yes.
Speaker 3: It was a box canyon. And so we're moving forward. We're we're on the trail of whatever this thing is and we're moving forward and it turns out it's a box canyon, and I'm like, what's this thing going to do? Well? It had two choices. It was either we were going to run it into the rock. We're going to run it to the dead end and then or it's going to you know, so what it is. It made a break for it. We were pushing it up there that was running out of room, and so just that whatever it was decided to make a get around us. It was either that or he's going to come out on the beach. That was your only option. It's going to run dead end a We're going to chase you right out of the beach. And it made a break for it and just got around behind us. That that was it. And then for subsequently Beans Beans got some short but really good flour video. I recommend you check it out. He got some muffler So that that was that trip. That that was that was.
Speaker 2: Exciting, not bad not bad footprints, uh part of all but sure sighting you know, that's that's pretty cool, plus a little bit of flair video. Sounds like a super successful expedition and that and that was the part of this documentary in Search of the Port Chatham Harryman correct. So you can see all this. You can see this as a kind of.
Speaker 3: Is it's it's a long movie, but we try to cover it stuff. But there's a lot of people they they they're not watching the entire movie, but yeah, no, it's in there. And and check out the flour video. The clip of the flour video. We show the impressions there and some other things, but it's pretty good stuff. Intummation on the Port Chatham thing. Subsequent to this, you know, we came up and we redid the episode for the Travel Channel for you know, for their series. We came back a third time, so I've been in there three times. Who came back and we did that the following May, and that was me twenty nineteen. By that time, we had covered that area there pretty well. I mean pretty well, but we could never really stay more than you know, three four days at a time, right, one of the things that was significant. And I put this out and and I was really disappointed because when we were following those that track way up the Valley of Death, it was heading up to that bost canyon where it kind of ended and then it goes up eight hundred and forty feet and it's it's almost straight up. It's almost straight up, and there's a stream that runs down through there. But up on top of that is a lake. It's there's a lake up there, and I called the Lake of No Return because people would you know, that was one of the areas where people would go and not come back as well, because that's where the dull sheep were, you know, because it kind of has this ring around it. But we sent a drone up there. We sent a drone up there to scout and see what is up there. And when you get up there where plateaus, there's that lake there, and three quarters of it is just straight cliffs up and down and kind of like rock slights, and then it has a flat area like a bench. But what we spotted up there appeared to be could be potentially cave entrances in the cliff side up there. We never we were going to do a follow up trip. If I was ever to go back into Port Chatham, Alaska, that's all I would do is I'd go up there, and I would chopper and I would land up there and spend a few days right there and investigate that. And so we were finished in twenty nineteen. Then they came in and they did that show Alaska Killer Bigfoot, and they spent a month or whatever in Port Chatham, right and no one they didn't even bother to go up there.
Speaker 2: Some missed opportunity. Well that was their first time in there, of course, right, So, and they weren't building upon what you had done already. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they got a lot of information, you know, from watching all the things that we did, and some of it they incorporated into their show to a degree, which is evident. But they never did follow through with that, which was a real disappointment. So the reason I'm putting this out is this, if anybody's gonna bother going back into Port Chatham, Alaska. Please complete the mission and go up there to that lake, because I think that's really the only area that wasn't covered that well, it wasn't covered no one ever went there. And secondly, that's probably a good opportunity to explore because of some of the historical stuff belt when people at the doll Sheep are up there. And secondly, there could be what appeared to be some cave entrances where something could live in a cave.
Speaker 2: Sounds like that's more than enough reason to go back and go check out that particular area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I encourage somebody to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Stephen, we have a I don't know if you can stick around a little bit longer. We do have a membership side of things. I'd like to speak to you more about this particular area, some of your other adventures, and even some of your personal sightings that I know you've had but we didn't mention for some reason in this podcast, we just didn't get to it. Could you have a little bit more time that you can spare for me today?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, okay, Well let's do this. Let's let's let's wrap up this episode of Bigfoot and beyond here with Cliff and usually Bobo, and then we can go and record for our members after this, if that's okay with you. But yeah, so thank you so much Stephen for coming on the podcast. I've been trying to get you for a while because I knew you'd be a fantastic guest. You're so interesting, you have so many adventures under your belt, You're so enthusiastic about life in general, and it just comes through for everybody listening. This is Steven Major, and he has been on a ton of stuff. But we've been talking about In Search of the Port Chatham hary Man. Where can people see this or buy it or because people are going to want to put their eyes on this, you can.
Speaker 3: See In Search of the Port Chatham harry Man is available on our YouTube channel for free if you like commercials.
Speaker 2: And what is your YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: It's Extreme Expeditions Northwest LLC.
Speaker 2: And of course, by the way, Stephen said that you can see this for free on his YouTube channel and the link is in the shown so just go ahead and click that and I'll bring you right over there to the YouTube channel. You can check out all the things that Steven's up to Stephen, Thank you very much. Once again, I really sincerely appreciate you coming on and members, stay tuned. We'll be talking to Stephen on the members episode. Thank you very much everybody for tuning into and Beyond with Cliff and usually Bobo. But we'll be back eventually, hopefully next week. We'll see about that and in the meantime, you know, keep it squatchy. Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond
Speaker 3: An understanding as a const