Speaker 1: Welcome to the Great Adventurers of Old Time Radio from Boise, Idaho. This is your host, Adam Graham. In a moment, we're going to bring you the final episode of Cloak and Dagger. But I do want to encourage you, if you're enjoying the podcast, to please follow us using your favorite podcast software. And this podcast is made possible by the financial support of our listeners. You can support the show on a one time basis at support dot Great Detectives dot net, or become one of our ongoing Patreon supporters for as little ass two dollars per month at Patreon dot Great Detectives dot net. But now, from October twenty second, nineteen fifty, here is the episode Windfall.
Speaker 2: Willing to undertake a dangerous mission behind enemy lines, knowing that you may never return alive. What you have just heard is the question asked during the War of agents of the OSS. Ordinary citizens to this question answered yes. This is Cloak and Dagger, black warfare, espionage, international intrigue. These are the weapons of the OSS. In today's adventure, Windfall, the part of McAllister is played by Lestra may Jan Minor plays Jen and Mike Slade is played by Bill Quinn. The story is suggested by actual incidents recorded in the Washington files of the Office of Strategic Services, a story that can now be told. We had three new guests at the lodge at Noirmont that day, and the first one blew in just after lunch, and I recognize him right away, at least I thought I did. I didn't know who he was, you understand, but I thought I knew what he was. A fellow American, for one thing, and probably a member of the diplomatic mission at Baron. I wish now that that was all he had been.
Speaker 3: You have a reservation for me the name Monsieur Heywood, Frederick Heywood.
Speaker 4: At one moment, Monsieur, I.
Speaker 2: Made a mental note of that name as I shuffled my cards and dealt myself another hand of solitaire. I was sitting in the lobby close to the desk, and not by accident, either, I made my business to catch the names of new arrivals.
Speaker 3: If you know a.
Speaker 2: Man's name, he's usually more willing to sit down at the car table with you. And if the guests at Noirmont didn't play cards with me, how could I eat well?
Speaker 3: Clerk, do you have the reservation or not. Yes, hit is monsieur.
Speaker 4: It was fund in yesterday from ber Your room is being prepared.
Speaker 3: Nowson, let me know what it's ready. I'll be in the bar. I went to work.
Speaker 2: Then I followed him into the bar. I was sure by then that i'd size him upright. A secretary or a file clerk could come to the lodge to ski and relax. He was right for picking, I figured. I found him at a table by the window, looking out over the mountains of snow and ice and down into the green Valley where Switzerland became France. Not see occupied France. Welcome to normal, mister Heywood. Eh, who are you name?
Speaker 3: Slade?
Speaker 2: Mike Slade? I heard you ask for your reservation. I couldn't help overhearing your name. You're an American, that's right. You mind if I said, now, thanks up here to do a little skiing. I suppose perhaps planning to stay long?
Speaker 3: That depends. Oh what a number of things, none of which are your business.
Speaker 2: Relax, mister Heywood. You don't have to be afraid to talk to me. I'm not on the enemy's side. In fact, I'm not on anybody's side. I'm just a plain ordinary private citizen.
Speaker 3: Oh and what are you doing in Switzerland, he.
Speaker 2: Asked, So I told him the whole sad story. How I shipped out of San Francisco when I was fifteen, how I jumped ship in Shanghai, How I'd spent the next twenty five years gambling my way around the world till I hit it big, knocking over a roulette wheel in Paris for a million francs.
Speaker 3: So you're up here blowing your million francs.
Speaker 2: I slid, No, not exactly, didn't last long enough to blow. A week after I won it, the Germans marched into Paris, and my money wasn't worth a thin diet. I got away and landed up here at Walmart. And I'm waiting ever since, waiting for what why, for someone to win this war?
Speaker 3: Of course, someone anyone, you mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not too particular, mister hay Wooden, Like I say, I don't play sides. I'm what they call a neutral, I guess, a neutral American. Well, it's been a long time since I was in America. I just want them to get the war over with somehow, so Jen and I can get out of here. Jen my girl wins to hey, which she's one of the skiing instructors here at the lodge, and when I go, she's promised to go with me.
Speaker 3: I see, I'll go see if I rule ready? Oh wait a minute, how about another drink?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Well, look, if you're not doing anything tonight and you're like a little game of stud as got away as any to pass the evening up here. Maybe, But I'm rather particular about the kind of men I gamble with, Slade, especially the kind of Americans. Oh well, I figured some guys couldn't help being patriots. Me I had other things to worry about, not enough money in my gene to pay for my room at the end of the week, and no stud game in sight.
Speaker 3: Hello, Mike, Jen, how are your babies?
Speaker 5: Mike came into the bar a few minutes ago, but you were talking to somebody here who was.
Speaker 3: A guy named Heywood, an American just checked in from.
Speaker 5: Bern from Bay with Mike. He couldn't have what do you mean you left that heavy snow last night? He couldn't have come by automobile. And you know perfectly well the train from Beern doesn't arrive for another three hours.
Speaker 3: Hey, I forgot about that, And how the devil did he get here?
Speaker 6: There's only one way. You must have.
Speaker 3: Walk walked all away from Bern.
Speaker 5: He walked from down there in the valley, he came across the French border.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're forgetting there's a war on There aren't any Americans touring France these days.
Speaker 5: No, but there are some fighting for France, fighting with the French Marquis.
Speaker 6: I don't know what cha an intelligence agents.
Speaker 2: Mike, Hey, wait a minute, Maybe you've got something there that would explain why Heywood brush me off that way. He must be one of those OSS guys we heard about. It was the only answer. I didn't think much of it. I figured an OSS agent just out of occupied France wouldn't have enough money to finance a game of stud So I went looking for someone who would.
Speaker 7: There's two ones, clerk, one for Dot, one for myself.
Speaker 2: Crowds were crowds, and you didn't have to be a patriot like Hey would not to like them. But I figured that these two guys at the desk were a couple of jokers on a holiday.
Speaker 3: They'd be well.
Speaker 2: Healedous, ridiculous, welcome to no gentlemen.
Speaker 3: The clerk, what about those ones? I don't believe I quite caught your names. Gentlemen, if you'll please my friend dear trying to get accommodation, I am sorry.
Speaker 4: All I can give you and here you and here Vierstadt.
Speaker 3: Is a double room. There are no single ones, No, sir.
Speaker 4: The American who arrived today took the last one.
Speaker 3: Oh an America and the life.
Speaker 2: I'm an American too, slaves. My name Mike Slade. But it does not you who just cave.
Speaker 3: No, no, I've been around for nearly three years.
Speaker 2: The new guest is mister Heywood, mister Haywood, eh and his room eighteen, Room eighteen.
Speaker 3: I'm in twenty seven myself.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, if you'd be interested in a friendly game of stud poker the saving I'm afraid we are going to be busy this evening.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we are going to be a valley busy.
Speaker 2: So that took care of my last chance to put some meat on my thin bank roll. Jen and I had dinner at the lodge that night. Then I walked her back to a cottage above the hotel. The moon was bright, dry, snow squeaked under our feet. It was the same as any other night at Guamon, seemed the same anyway, Even the things we talked about were the same.
Speaker 6: We must be patient, Mike. We will leave Maamo.
Speaker 2: Someday, but when and how We'll never get out until I lay my hands on some dough, big dough, I mean, not the kind I can win from a bunch of yoguls who don't know two pair from a straight.
Speaker 6: Your government would send your home, maybe.
Speaker 2: Mike, Yeah, sure, sure, and shut me in the army. Only they don't have any use for a guy in my age, and that makes him mutual. Besides, they wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Let you go with me, but I would wait.
Speaker 6: And when the war is.
Speaker 2: No dice, kid, when I go, you go. So the answer is still money. It sounds like somebody's been hurt. Come on, Honey, done down this way, Mike.
Speaker 6: There's something lying this moose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that must be him.
Speaker 6: Mike, Mike, it's the American, mister Heywood.
Speaker 2: It was Hayward, all right, but it didn't look much like him anymore. His nose was broken and the rest of his face was pushed out of shape. Lord knows what else they've done to him.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You all right, take take an easy fellaw. We'll get the doctor at the large nose.
Speaker 3: Shure, slave, shure. You want to stand him jam.
Speaker 6: It sounds as if you're saying shore sure, he left shure the heel of his left shore back.
Speaker 3: Alice, What what was that? McAllister Joe, he's dead.
Speaker 6: I'll get doctor gon to Mike.
Speaker 2: Never mind doctor Gant the jam. He's dead.
Speaker 5: No, how could it have happened? Do you think you very found a rock up there?
Speaker 2: No, baby, he didn't fall of any rock. He fell under the hands of a couple of Germans.
Speaker 3: It was all clear by that Heywood had.
Speaker 2: Been an OSS agent, and the only winter sports the crowds had come to Noirmar for was torturing and beating him. It was tough, plenty tough. But then I still had problems too. I unlaced Heywood's left boot and slipped it off his foot.
Speaker 6: What are you doing, Mike?
Speaker 3: Finding out what hitlers happened as boys were after.
Speaker 6: Look, the heel slips right off the shoe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's something incited.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, it's a little ceylander.
Speaker 3: It looks like a bullet.
Speaker 2: That's no bullet, baby, it's a cylinder of microfilm microfi chers. I don't know whatever it is, it's important, whatever's importance is valuable.
Speaker 3: What you think, uh me, I'm thinking about you and me, sweetheart. Never mind.
Speaker 2: Now, look, you take this film and get back to your cottage and hide it. As far as anybody's concerned. You weren't with me when I found Heyward's body.
Speaker 6: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: You will get gone, baby, But what are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Not a thing, Just sit around and cool my heels and wait for a guy named McAllister. Of course I had to report Heywood's death. I reported it to doctor Gunther, the house physician at the lodge. Oh, this is terrible, such a tragic excident. I didn't say it was an accident, doctor, but it was, of course. No wait a minute, he said, so.
Speaker 3: I am the doctor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you can't here. Heywoods slipped in terre for the lock. We will all do our best to see that there's no another such tragedy. Really not sleep. It gives the lotch a bad reputation.
Speaker 2: So gun Through had already been briefed by his fellow crowds, and Heywood's death was an accident. Well, I was all right with me. It didn't hurt my angle a bit. The next morning, Guntha got all the guests together in the lobby and broke the sad new.
Speaker 9: My friends, that you can all want to pay your last respects the victim of this unfortunate accident. Services for her Heywood will be heard in the chapel. At three o'clock this afternoon turned away and I fell little sick.
Speaker 2: Sometimes these Nazis made it hard for a guy to stay strictly neutral, I was thinking. Then a hand clapped me on the shoulder.
Speaker 7: Good morning, al Slid, Hello, Kitle, this is well, it said, this news about your fellow countryman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're all broken up about it, aren't you.
Speaker 7: Doctor guns informs me it was you who found the body.
Speaker 2: In You and doctor Gunha keep each other pretty well informed.
Speaker 3: I was wondering how Slid.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was wondering if, by any chance, you also found something else?
Speaker 3: Whe are you when you keep right on wondering her title?
Speaker 2: At most that day, playing solitaire at my favorite table near the desk, I wasn't listening for the names of poker prospects anymore. I was listening for another name, McAllister, but I didn't hear it. At three o'clock I went down to the chapel, I figured ioto pay my last respects to Heywood too. Was the least I could do, considering how much I was going to own. So cheap the accidental death of a passing stranger may seem like a trivial thing.
Speaker 3: Believe me, my friend, it.
Speaker 2: Was almost over when a big blonde guy sat down next to the You're Mike Slayton.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right. You found Heyward's body last night. What was left of him with us? He was still alive, wasn't.
Speaker 2: He his spirit?
Speaker 3: Slightly?
Speaker 1: Lightly?
Speaker 2: Did he say anything? Not much mentioned the name McAllister. Maybe I'm McAllister.
Speaker 3: Oh he has gone okay and we are left here alone. He gave you something for me? Yeah? Good? When can I get it? When can you pay for it? Pay for it? That's what I said. I went twenty five franks dollars full filthy double.
Speaker 2: I'll watch it. Is that a way to act at your buddy's funeral?
Speaker 3: And now, dear friends, let it's all bow our heads in prayer.
Speaker 2: The minister's sermon wasn't the only one I've heard that day. On the way back to the lodge, McAllister preached one too, And you call your flag. MacAllister, You've got my proposition, take it or leave it.
Speaker 3: You know what's on that microfilm. You realize, what, what do you think I could get that kind of money.
Speaker 2: You might try the embassy at Vain and if they won't buy it, then maybe Berlin will Berlin, you would actually shall let film to the Nazis sell out your own country. I haven't had a country for a long time. You were born on Amerture, but I've lived in Switzerland for quite a while.
Speaker 3: Some of its neutrality is rubbed off on me.
Speaker 2: I stayed away from Jen all that day because I didn't want to attract any attention to her. But as soon as it was dark, I started out for her cottage. I didn't get very far.
Speaker 3: Good evening house led.
Speaker 7: If Yes, stud and Ivish to talk.
Speaker 2: The you guys picked funny places for conversation. On the contrary, this fits our needs admirably. Three of us are low and.
Speaker 7: We had another conversation last night in a similar pace.
Speaker 3: It would regret to have this one end in the same way that Indeed, Okay, what do you after the micro film? Of course, just give it to us. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: And I suppose we will have to stop the field. There's arms ver ver stut pinned my arms behind me?
Speaker 3: Kinda let me have it square in the face with a fist is hard. There's a sledgehammer. Where's the microfilm? Straight? You'll never get it this way? Say not?
Speaker 2: You didn't get it away from Hey with this way, did you? Why don't you meet heads? Get smart? Kill me and you'll never lay hands on that film. And if we don't carry you and you might have a chance. How much would the chance cost a slid? I'm catching on how much? Well I would have let you have a cheap before you started to push me around. The price is gone up. I want fifty fifty thousand marks dollars. Think it over, boys. They must have seen some logic in it, because they stopped slugging me and went away to talk it over. I didn't go to Jen's cottage after all. I didn't want them following me, So I went back up to my room. And when I got there, my door unlocked. The room was a shambles. Somebody had gone through it like a cyclone. U oss, boys, now, how to take a room apart, don't you McAllister? When we have to Did you have to do this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I came up to do it, but those get Stoppa agents save me the trouble. It was already done. I was afraid they might have found what they were looking for. How do you know they didn't? By the condition of your face. They've been working you over, haven't we?
Speaker 3: What have it? They wouldn't have bothered if they'd found the film. You're quite a brain, aren't you. Mccallis.
Speaker 2: You're not slaved. If you were, you wouldn't be playing this game. You're gonna wind up just where Heywood is. I'll take my chances. You don't know what the doe means to me. You'd understand you don't know what these films mean to the Allies, Or maybe you'd understand. Those are pictures of German maps, Slaid maps, showing the location of every Nazib two rocket launching site on the French coast. They could mean the saving of thousands of lives. They could even mean winning the war or losing it. Does that make any impression on you? My price is still the same, all right, Jen, Let me tell you what Heywood.
Speaker 3: Went through to get those films. You'll be wasting your time. My price is still the same.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're the guy who has to look in the mirror at yourself in your shave. I'll be around if you. Oh, I forgot about this. What this picture was on the floor. I accidentally stepped on it and broke the frame.
Speaker 3: How me have that? I noticed the inscription to Mike with all my love Jen. Okay, okay, let's have it. She's the skiing instructor, isn't she beautiful? Girl? Be a shame if anything happened to that face? Is that a threat?
Speaker 2: Mccallosy No, oh, the osays doesn't go in for torturing women. Maybe we're too sentimental. Why would anybody want to touch her because she's helping you play your little angle? What makes you think?
Speaker 3: So? Just a guess. And if I can guess, it's so can Kitle and Erstadt. And they're not a bit sentimental.
Speaker 2: It took me a while to fall asleep after that, but I managed it finally. Couldn't have been much later when the phone beside my bed woke me up. Yeah, Mike, Jen, Baby, what's the matter.
Speaker 3: I've got to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Mike, come to the cottage right away. I was scared then all the way over, Machallous's words kept ringing in my ears, and I was scared to.
Speaker 3: Look at her face.
Speaker 2: But there was nothing the matter with it. When I got there, the only mark center with the marks of worry and a guilty conscience.
Speaker 6: I couldn't sleep, Mike. I had to call you. I've been thinking about it.
Speaker 3: All night, about my new business enterprise.
Speaker 5: I suppose you mean, yes, trying to make money out of those microfilms.
Speaker 6: It's wrong, Darling. We can't go through with it.
Speaker 2: Too bad, says McAllister. Was here, Yes, yes, he was waving a flag all over the place.
Speaker 6: What he said, madsense, He told me what was on the film. He made me say how Hayward had suffered.
Speaker 3: To get it. I'm surprised you didn't turn it over THEE I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Do that, you know it. But I want you to turn it over to him.
Speaker 3: I will for twenty five grand, Mike, for nothing.
Speaker 6: Because they belonged to him rightfully, and because they'll help the Allies win the world.
Speaker 5: No dice, baby, Mike, do you want those vile metal s Natzi's too win?
Speaker 3: All I want is my twenty five Jeeves, and then you and I can get out of here.
Speaker 6: Not you and I.
Speaker 3: Mike what.
Speaker 6: I won't go with you under those conditions.
Speaker 3: You don't mean that I do. I do.
Speaker 6: I love you, Mike, but I couldn't go on loving you if you did a thing like this. I come to hate you.
Speaker 3: Jen.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Darling, It's true.
Speaker 2: Well, Mike, I've waited twenty five years for break like this. I'm not going to let it run down the drain, not even for you. If you don't want to go okay, I'll be traveling along.
Speaker 7: I don't think you'll be traveling anywhere just yet a slide.
Speaker 2: It was titled and just behind it was Verstadt, and both of them carried Lucas. Before I could move, Verstat had used his the butter had clipped me on the head.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I remember hearing Jen scream and feeling myself crumbling toward the floor. When I came to, I couldn't move my arms on my legs. It took me a minute.
Speaker 3: To figure out why I was tied with a chair.
Speaker 2: Slowly the room came back and focused, and I saw the two Guestapo agents.
Speaker 3: Then I saw Jen. What they've been doing get your hands off of your filthy rights. Don't touch her.
Speaker 7: Again, being I need to touch a her sleeve if you will corporate with us better than cheers been doing.
Speaker 2: Where is the microfilm hair sleeves? You still think you're gonna find out for free?
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, me think so? Where is the microfilm hairsleeve? Along? You tell us where it is? All right, all right, stop it. I'll tell you to stop it.
Speaker 7: We have stopped her slid my Please tell us, okay a microfilm is?
Speaker 10: It?
Speaker 2: Came from outside through the window that revolve a shot fierce that let out a groan and dropped the floor. Titdle dropped the floor too, but he hadn't been hit. He flicked the light switches, he went down.
Speaker 3: The room went black.
Speaker 2: The advantage was all his now he was in the pitch black room. Whoever was outside was moving around on the bright moonlight, made even brighter by the snow. I saw a title's gun spit the gun outside, answered. I was still tied hand and foot to the chair. There wasn't anything I could do, or was there. I remember that the light switch was just over my head. I worked until I got my chair turned around, so I was facing the wall. I started butting up with at the switch.
Speaker 3: With my head.
Speaker 2: Three times I missed it. Fourth time it clicked. The room was flooded with light. Kidle was outlined at the window like a sitting duck. It wasn't any great surprise when a tall blonde guy walked in a minute later.
Speaker 3: He started one timing. Looks as if you had to choose signs after all, Slaine, Yeah.
Speaker 10: It looks as if maybe I did ms. You are right, Jen, I'll be fine, sure, baby, Yes, Mike, thank you, mister McAllister.
Speaker 3: I should have said that to McAllister. Thanks.
Speaker 6: That's okay, Mike, And I don't you see now, don't you understand.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're talking about?
Speaker 6: You do? You must the difference between here and those horrible roots. It's the whole point, Mike. That's why you can't hold onto that microfilm.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, the microfilm. I've been thinking about that. You've decided to give it to me. No, I haven't, McCallister. I'm a gambler, and gamblers don't give things away. All they do give is a sporting chance. What do you mean, I'll cut cards with you for the microfilm double enough. If I get the high card, you will give me the film, right, and if I get high card, you pay me fifty thousand.
Speaker 3: It's the deal.
Speaker 2: Slate Okay, yeah, shovel McCallister, you cut first, one card doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well? Six not so good, fellow, go on, slate, cut well four, I win. There, you win, get them the film?
Speaker 2: Jen, all right, Mike, Now, both sides in this war have cost me money.
Speaker 6: There it is mister Mcanithton, and good luck to you.
Speaker 3: With his luck, he'll win the worst single handed.
Speaker 2: These microfilms will help. Good Bye, Jen, he's see yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Seeing mcal's.
Speaker 6: Mike, why did you do it?
Speaker 5: Do what?
Speaker 6: Here's your card? The one new cut. He wasn't a fool, it was a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I know you had him beaten. He would have paid the fiftieth thousand.
Speaker 3: That's right, Mark, Why did you do it? I don't know, baby. I guess some guys just can't helping suckers.
Speaker 5: I guess some guys just can't helping patriots.
Speaker 3: So we were stuck in Switzerland for a couple of more years, Jane and I.
Speaker 2: There were times when I could have kicked myself for being a sentimental chump lots of times until a day came after the war when I ran into McAllister again.
Speaker 3: I felt better about it then. I guess you know.
Speaker 2: What the Alliant Air Forces did to those Nazi rocket launching sites along the French coast couldn't have been done without the microfilm Slave, so you can take some credit for it. You were the toughest lie the US has ever had, brother, but you did the job. And once again the report of another OSS agent closes with.
Speaker 3: The words mission accomplished.
Speaker 2: Today's story was based on actual incidents recorded in the Washington files of the USS.
Speaker 3: And was brought to you on Cloak and Dagger.
Speaker 11: Heard in Today's Cloak and Dagger Adventures, McAllister was Less Tremaine, Mike Slaide, Bill Quinn, Jan Jan Minor. Others were Grant Richards, Raymond Edward Johnson, Carl Weber, Charles Irving, Steffan Schnabel, Boris Applin, Paul Arnold, and Jerry Jarrett. The script was written by Field and the music was under the direction of John Guard. Sound effects by Jerry McGee, engineering by Joe Silva. Today's OSS Adventure was based on the book Clokndagger by Corey Fard and Alistair McBain. This program was produced by Lewis G. Collen and Alfred Hollander and under the direction and supervision of Sherman Marx.
Speaker 1: Welcome Back. In some ways, this episode clse to mind the film Cossablanca, with an expat trying to maintain neutrality in a neutral place. Although Mike lacks the heroic backstory of Rick Wayne, I think Mike is wrong to make his decision by two things. First of all, in the Nazis really didn't do much to make friends in the course of this operation, as was could be said of most of the war, and through their brutality, particularly towards Jen, pushed him towards his own country. But I think more importantly was the service and the approach of OSS men, in particular McAllister. And this is another key similarity with Casablanca of the cynic being inspired by the courage of a dedicated patriot, with McAllister instead of Victor Loslow and his action obviously more direct and seventy five years later, I think that inspiration still continues through the stories we've heard on Cloak and Dagger. The type of people we've heard about in this series are not the superspies of James Bond or I Spy, or the men from Uncle who would become such icons of popular culture. These were not professional spies, but citizens who took on a dangerous task, all responding yes to the offer that we heard at the start of each episode, and at least some of the people profiled paid with their lives. Some made colossal mistakes, others were either the victim or the beneficiary of luck. All took graversk to save the world from a darkness that threatened it and paid a cost to save it. Logan Dagger honors these brave men and women and holds up wonderfully as an exciting adventure series, great drama, and also a magnificent tribute to the sacrifices of the men and women of the OSS. I hope you've enjoyed this series. I've heard a lot of great feedback from so many of you who have enjoyed this series and really been surprised by it. It's a great gem that a lot of people haven't listened to, and for our first adult series, it really sets a high bar and it's been such a delight to bring it to you. And now it's time to thank our Patreon supporter of the day, and I want to thank Ian, Patreon supporter since September twenty twenty, currently supporting the podcast at the secret Agent level of four dollars or more per month. Thanks so much for your support.
Speaker 3: Ian.
Speaker 1: And in terms of our series, next Saturday we begin our holiday break and we'll have an encore presentation for one of our other podcasts that still fits very well into the Great Adventurers theme and also fits within the sort of crime adventure that people would expect for being cross posted on Great Detectives. However, the Great Adventurers podcast will be back on Tuesday for one last episode, this one of Adventure Ahead and the Great Detectives podcast. We have our Sunday encore coming up tomorrow and then on Monday our regular lineup with Danger with Granger. In the meantime, do send your comments to Box thirteen at Greatdetectives dot net, follow us on Twitter, Radio Detectives, and check us out on Instagram, Instagram, dot com slash Great Detectives From Boise, Idaho. This is your host, Adam Graham signing off