Speaker 1: Ripped off.
Speaker 2: You don't have come.
Speaker 1: Come running. It's just as fast as we.
Speaker 3: Can show the Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinz Welcome.
Speaker 5: Welcome all to the only show of it's kin and we are here to help you. It is card Day. I'm the Troubleshooter Show. Any car questions you have, of course, as usual, I got Jeff vic Kimera transmission, Kevin Coukin shardan Auto Tech. We've got Deputy d Deputy Doc Shannon running the show, Kelly answering your phone. So phone numbers simple three oh three, seven, one three, A, two five five or three oh three Martino, what's the show about? Well, I'll tell you right now. We get directly involved in your life. Maybe you need advice, maybe you've been ripped off, maybe a contractor took money and never showed up or did a horrible job. We get directly involved in your life to help you either recoup money or stop you from losing money in the first place. We have a list of experts at referral lists dot com, including attorneys, real estate attorneys, state attorneys, you name it. We have a personal injury attorneys, criminal attorneys that are willing to give free advice to our callers because that's what we all do. Three zero three Martino, three zho three Martino, gentlemen, start your engines. I watched a ten minute YouTube video this morning on shops like you guys have independent shops, and I didn't realize one of the biggest complaints right now is the cost. And we're talking pretty new cars. I'm not talking electric, although I'm sure they fall into it, but we're talking new cars that GM and four to Nissan, and all of them are putting such a fire wall up and tell me if this is true or not. For you guys to get to the information and diagnose them through the computer, you have to spend the most outrageous money in the world to buy some of these updates for your stuff. And this guy that I was watching said it could eventually, if something's not done about it, be the death of some of these smaller shops. One of the guys owned a transmission shop, Jeff, and he was saying, I forget if it was Nissan or Toyota, but one of them. Some of the updates are so expensive for these computers you guys. Use, it's just ridiculous, unless if you're doing a ton of them, it's not even worth buying. I mean, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 6: Guys? You have to buy a subscription to start with, give.
Speaker 5: Us an idea real noted sun.
Speaker 7: If you want to download an update, you buy it as though it's a part. So every card that you log in you want to do an update, it is to two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 7: So even if you have the subscription, you have to buy the download.
Speaker 5: So each car, if you had ten Nissans, you had done twenty.
Speaker 6: Five hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Yes, Does the dealerships work the same way with them or no?
Speaker 7: Well, it's their part, so I'm not sure how they how they work, how their finances work. But for us, it's accessible and it's available.
Speaker 5: But if you and they have to make it accessible. But now it almost seems like this is a way of getting around it. You just make it so astronomical and it's horrible for the consumer because ultimately you have to charge the consumer for that.
Speaker 7: Sure, but you have multiple components. You change the door handle on a later model vehicle, you need to update it.
Speaker 5: You're telling me if a door handle breaks on say a Nissan or any anything.
Speaker 7: Well it's crash protected. So if the door's open, won't go win a gear. Well, so now you got to you gotta you gotta get it.
Speaker 5: If it's a Nissan, that costs two hundred and fifty. So not only does the consumer have to buy the door handle, yep, they got to pay for the programming.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 7: We put an inflow sensor on a Nissan yesterday, and the inflow sensors one hundred bucks, the labor's fifty bucks.
Speaker 6: In the programmings three hundred.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, because we had to update the programming to match the.
Speaker 5: I wonder where I wonder where the fairness comes in, because there was organizations out there that purely they're lobbyists and they purely make the rules to where they have to give independent shops access to stuff that is crazy.
Speaker 6: So free though, yeah, they give you access, it's not free.
Speaker 5: No, so not even not even ten years ago. I remember I spent I want to say, eight to ten grand on the computer that talks to everything or back then everything, and then there was some different updates and there was very few things we couldn't do. But each year I'd have to update that thing and we only had one computer. Most texts aren't going to buy this for the entire shop. Is it still kind of that way? Or to your text own them? My text all have scanners, so they but you pay the two fifty the shop.
Speaker 6: That's a whole different scale.
Speaker 5: That's a whole different scale that.
Speaker 7: Comes off on a laptop based program. So the hand holds hand held scanners from say snap On or Hotel or one of these. Most of the texts have their own. And we have a shop scan well.
Speaker 8: And depending on which scanner you've got, you know what we've got on our zeus. We actually have to pay a monthly subscription in order to keep that thing updated.
Speaker 5: How much is the hardware roughly.
Speaker 8: With to buy the actual scanner itself, depending on which package you got, between twelve to fifteen thousand.
Speaker 5: And then you have to pay monthly.
Speaker 6: You have to pay monthly.
Speaker 5: And then, like Kevin's saying certain things, you got to do something totally different.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you go through a pass trough connector where you work off of a laptop to do the program, and he was talking about and then you actually have to go to Nissan site or Chrysler site or whomever, and they all have different prices you have to go through, and they all you have to download different things for different parts of the car.
Speaker 5: That's insane, and.
Speaker 6: If you screw it up, you own it.
Speaker 5: That My favorite so far is your example of the door handle. You have a one hundred dollars part, You've got labor for that part, and then you have another two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 8: Well, some of these later cars too, you know, like he says, if you screw it up, if you lose battery power for whatever reason, and you know, so you plug.
Speaker 5: The laptop into the ODBC two right, yeah, with a pass with a PASS two connector correct box they call it, so it talks to it.
Speaker 8: Some of these computers now you're you know, because they come stupid. So you've got a program and if you're in the middle of a programming session and you lose power, something gets corrupted and boom it wipes out.
Speaker 5: Then there's no you have to buy.
Speaker 8: Another company, right well, and then get another subscription to reload it.
Speaker 5: How often when you're rebuilding a transmission to these kind of things come into play, you.
Speaker 8: Know, probably once for maybe sometimes twice a week. Do we actually have to get in and do the programming?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it is so insane, It is so insane. When did they go to that kind of subscription model like nissa? Is that fairly new?
Speaker 6: It's say four or five years, maybe you've.
Speaker 5: Got They keep coming up with stuff.
Speaker 8: Well, a lot of the equipment just became available to us a few years ago.
Speaker 5: You couldn't even get it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you pretty much had had to roll this thing over to a dealership a lot of time. That's why a lot of guys don't do Europeans because Europeans have their own scanner, their own this, this, this is so we don't see enough of them to justify the costs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I have to see a lot of Jaguars do You can't do.
Speaker 6: That's why you get the European specialists.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: I learned from a guy that runs or manages a safe light that Tesla up until not long ago, didn't give anybody access for the calibration. Now people can buy it. But when you look at a bill, when you get a windshield done, there that calibration packs the same way. They've got to literally log in to Tesla with the VIN and Tesla kind of sends them something and then they hooked a computer up to Tesla and it runs through whatever and calibrates it. But it's like a one time per Vin and then they charge them for it. And then of course you see it on your bill from safe Light. I mean it's like that's for a windshield. I mean it's getting absurd. Hey, Marylyn, what is going on with you? By the way, we got three lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three. Martino would love to hear from you right now. Any car questions, buying the car, issues with the car. I got the best in studio Maryland. What's up? Hi, hun?
Speaker 10: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 5: You got it first.
Speaker 10: Thank you first and foremost. I have a home where I have about a twelve by twelve sign saying no trespass.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 10: I had a process server come yesterday banging on my door to the point where I jumped because he banged on the door so hard. Yeah, answered the door. He's asked for my husband. I tell him he's not there. He's not here because he's a trucker. So he's over the road and he says, And I asked him who are you and he says he's a process server and he's from the Commissioner's office. I tell, well, my husband isn't here. If it's for him, he says, well, I could leave with it you. I ton'd no, it looks like it's something important, so no, I prefer that you come back when my husband's here. So he's just flipping through his papers and I don't know what not and says okay, walks off. Comes back about a minute later and says, I talked to my boss and they said I could leave it here. To know, sir, I don't. I prefer not to sign for anything for my husband. I prefer that he do it. And he says, well, I'm leaving it. So I have a wrought iron door and it has the slats and the screen. He leaves it there and just walks off.
Speaker 11: Is that legal?
Speaker 5: That's a great question. Hold on, we're going to talk about it after this. Is it legal? Very interesting question. She's got a huge no trespassing sign. The guy simply walked past that the service is for the husband. The husband does live there, but he's a long haul trucker and he's not there.
Speaker 12: Hmm, Mark, there's more then that. Maryland said it was from the commissioner.
Speaker 1: That means.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that means. We'll find out, but I've got a lot of insight into this one. Hold on Maryland three oh three Martino.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. You know it's crazy, and I'll I'll talk about that later, but I just point did something out in Gmail that drives me crazy, and I still, for the life of me, don't understand it. I don't know how to fix it, and it's just nuts. Let's get back to Maryland. Maryland, Maryland, basically someone was trying to serve a lawsuit or a court appearance to her husband. She's got a big sign out front that basically says, you know, no trespassing, and she's got some kind of a lock gait or something like that, some kind of fence or something. But anyhow, so I want to answer that one first. No, a process server with a no trespassing sign should not come onto your yard. They can't legally do it. I don't know what the ramification is for it. I guess you could call the police and try to get them cited for trespassing. But no, he should not legally do that. But that really doesn't matter, and I'll get into that in a second. Maryland, I don't understand why you would I did. At this point, they left it. It's evident you know it's there. And what would happen is if you showed up to court to actually fight, or if your husband did the process server or the actual service itself. They're just going to show up and reserve you there. So in most cases, the best it's gonna do is extend the process of when the court date would be. At this point, you know about it. Your husband most likely knows about it. I guess you could simply say you didn't know about it and not show up to court, but you risked something really big, and that would be a default judgment. So my gut tells me you should show up or your husband, or at least call them and try to figure it out. But you said something that threw all of us off. I'm curious about you said the commissioner. What the heck does that mean?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Commissioner's office, And I'm like, the commissioner of what, I don't He didn't even tell me what county. He had a really bad attitude, like he was angry with me or something, and here I just met the guy.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a process server in general. What does the paperwork say though? What was it about?
Speaker 14: To my knowledge, I don't know.
Speaker 10: It's still just sitting there. I'm afraid to touch it because if I touched it, am I going to get in trouble? Because I'm not the one that it was supposed to be served.
Speaker 5: Now, you can serve anybody at their residence and anybody that basically is there and opens the door. Not a child, though, but I mean pretty much anywhere else you did get served your husband did get served if that's his residence and you opened the door, did they do it properly?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: But once again, none of that matters. He did get served.
Speaker 15: Oh all right, is.
Speaker 10: There anywhere anyone I can talk to about it, like as if he wants to pursue it with an attorney for him coming on our property?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 5: The only that part doesn't matter. The only thing you could do there is call the police up and tell them this guy trespassed as a server. But I don't think they're going to do anything about it. It's very technical when it comes to a no trespassing sign. Technically you're not supposed to trespass, but people do it all the time. Go ahead, de miitri, You've served a lot of people. You must have thoughts on this.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 12: You know, we had an almost identical call when you were gone, and Marco Benonelli was guest hosting the show and we discussed what constitutes gutter service where the defendant is not properly served. Yep, And he said to this caller, and it was pretty good advice, which is, you can fight the service. You can hire an attorney to make a limited appearance in court on your behalf and this limited appearance does not entitle the plaintiff to serve the attorney, so they'll have to start the process all over again.
Speaker 5: Well that's what I said. It's purely a time play because as you do hire, if she hires an attorney that does everything Marco's talking about, they're going to end up serving her at some point. And you're you're all you're doing is resetting the clock, and you're spending money to do it. Eventually they'll find a way to serve you. Well no, no, no, I think eventually they're going to serve you in court over the bad service.
Speaker 12: Well, my point is she doesn't have to show up to court. Oh I got if the her attorney.
Speaker 5: You're saying they don't have to serve the attorney.
Speaker 12: And yeah, they won't be able to because the attorney is able to make a limited appearance on her behalf gess simply for the purpose of fighting the service. However, it's still stuck in the door of Maryland. So go take a look at it. You got nothing to lose. See what that is and see when your answer is due. Because maybe they served you late and.
Speaker 5: No one knows who you are. But what do you what do you guys think it's about.
Speaker 10: I think it's about property that we have and been at Colorado.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you guys have at least you're aware of it. And do you think there's actually a good case against you or it's something that you guys could defend. In other words, do you guys think you're on the right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 10: I think we're on the right most definitely.
Speaker 5: And if so, if it's a property dispute, maybe you talk to someone on our referral list about this. But you just, like Dimitri said, you really need to open it up and see it and then share it with like Bradley O'Brien, he could probably look at that and give you guys some really good advice on the actual underlying situation. But don't. I really don't think you should worry about the service at all, to be quite frank, I mean, you're eventually going to get served. All you're doing is putting it off and that probably cost I bet you that costs a couple thousand bucks to fight the service these days. Yeah, I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 12: But I think it's more important to see what the heck is it that you guys served with and what are the deadlines? Because you don't want to miss any of those, regardless of the quality of service.
Speaker 5: I wonder what the commissioner that part really like a land commissioner, county commission More likely the county's coming after you. You guys better, you guys better look that up and get get with an attorney. I thought you meant like a neighbor dispute.
Speaker 10: Uh No, we have two parcels of acres in uh in Bennett, Colorado, and my husband he's he does part time junking and sometimes he gets kind of dirty. Uh And I think that might be what it's about.
Speaker 5: Got it. They're saying the land is being used for something it's not supposed to. Yeah, like a zoning violation or maybe of a contamination violation. That would suck.
Speaker 10: No, we have we have kind of col phillips on there that drilled an oil. Well, yeah, so it's not considered vacant land.
Speaker 5: Are you leasing the land?
Speaker 10: We owned the land.
Speaker 5: Well, how is Conaco phillips on it?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well they found oil on on the land that's not my Did you give them rights to go in there? So are they leasing the land, how were they using it? How did you guys extend permission?
Speaker 10: They came and told us that they found oil under our land, and we have the mineral rights, so we give them permission to drill there, and all those big tanks and the drill head is there, puff jacket is there and everything. And we were told that once that moved in, that it's not vacant land anymore. And they're trying to say it's vacant land and it's not anymore since the drilling went on.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 8: I think you dous what it's about too. You could probably get Conical Phillips to come in on your behalf.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what I was going to say. You might want to get that opened and then reach out to whoever you did the deal with. With Conico Phillips. I assure you they got more attorneys in the entire state of Colorado, no doubt about it. And I don't know why. If there's oil on that land and they're pulling the profit out of there, they're the ones that are probably going.
Speaker 6: To look at this.
Speaker 5: Are they still out there on the land They still have a deal with you guys, Yes, yes they do. Yeah, you, guys, you really should open that up.
Speaker 6: Ye, stop ignoring it, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Don't ignore it, and then reach out to Knaco before anything and go, hey, guys, what tell's going on here?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Mark?
Speaker 16: Before we hang up? Aren't there exceptions to trespass rule? In other words, if you're a cop, or you're a mailman, or you're a delivery person, that you're allowed I feel what the word is that you're allowed to go up and knock on the door.
Speaker 5: Oh, at a police officer or somebody of law enforcement. Absolutely, I never thought of a post office worker, but I would assume maybe a post office inspector or a post office cop. Absolutely, or if you just a mailman, probably, and I'm sure delivery from that, but not with a process server under most normal circumstances. Now as sheriff serving it would be an interesting one because the sheriff showing up to serve it. Yes, but this guy wasn't a shaff that so, but that's that's a good question, Doc. I'm sorry, hold on, go ahead, Marylyn.
Speaker 10: When he walked off, he was have this big old smile, and there's this we have off street parking. He started taking the license plate number to a truck that's parked in front of my house, which does not belong to my husband, but he's taken down.
Speaker 5: The life Marylyn, you guys, you had no offense. I assume your husband's in the same boat as you, which is good, but you're really focusing on the wrong thing. The service is done, you know about it, no matter what. You guys got to face the piper on this, no matter what. And I really think you guys need to quit thinking of this aspect because there is going to be a core date someone signed off on that service. You can go in in front of the judge, like I said, and say tell him exactly how you got served. If he lies under oath to the judge, well he's crazy. Well maybe you got video surveillance or something. But if he doesn't.
Speaker 10: Lie, your neighbors all in neighbors have videos.
Speaker 5: That's fine. Maybe they I've seen it, but Marilyn, listen to what I'm saying. You go in there and you say you're on or they didn't service properly, and they didn't. From everything you told me, this guy did not serve you properly, and you prove it to the judge and the guy acknowledges it to the judge at a hearing. You know what happens, then they serve you right down there in the courtroom. That's my whole point. And then you just started the clock over. Big deal. They've got to go get another hearing. You're going to end up showing up now. Dmitri gave some advice from Marco, who's an attorney that we respect on this show, and he said, you can hire some attorneys. They can fight it to where it won't go down that way, but you're still going to pay a few thousand bucks easily to do that. You might not win, and eventually you're going to get served again. That's where it keeps coming back to. So, I mean, you've got a lot of things to think about. But what I would do is go open that package, see what's going on, reach out to Kanako or ex On, whoever it was. Basically, if you need to hire an attorney, I'm telling you send it over to Brad O'Brien. I mean, that's just kind of how you do it.
Speaker 16: But how about you if she opens up reason and calls us and then we can maybe point in the right direction.
Speaker 5: Well, I already know it's it's it's gotta be Bennett. I mean they basically already acknowledge that, but make sure it is. I mean, my goodness might be Ed McMahon trying to give you a million bucks more after this.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 17: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 18: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three a two five five We got lives open. If you've been ripped off or taking advantage over any car questions three zero three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino love to hear from you right now. Dmitri during the break, was doing some research on service. We get that question. Actually quite a bit was I served legally? And a lot of times you might not have been, but it really doesn't matter ultimately. But you discovered some Colorado case law.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Mark, I looked up a much more narrow topic than what you just summarized, which is basically, can a process server trustpass? Yeah, and specifically can a process server ignore aspass a no treuspassing sign?
Speaker 5: And the case and I was kind of surprised.
Speaker 12: The car To State Court of Appeals ruled on this in twenty nineteen in a case called People Versus Nickel, and Nickel was being served by somebody on his farm despite note trespassing signs, and mister Nickle allegedly dis behaved towards.
Speaker 5: It shot his ass or what I mean, how much did he miss behaved?
Speaker 12: Well, you know, it's pretty humorous, but allegedly mister neckl came out wielding a metal pipe and as the process server tried to retreat, he found that somebody had jacked up his car, so he wasn't even able to escape.
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, Wait a minute, guy who jacked up his Carl's kid.
Speaker 12: Well, I haven't gotten that far. It's a twenty five pitch of page. Oh my god, it's fascinating. There are even excerpts from the nine one one calls that both parties.
Speaker 5: Made to read one of them, Oh it's you know, listen, this guy goes to serve him. He goes past and no trespassing. Did he like park it the no trespassing? Then enter the property.
Speaker 12: It's a farm. So he parked in a long, long driveway. And so mister Nickel is alleged to have said to the nine one one operator, he's on private property and I'm going to neutralize he's a threat right now.
Speaker 5: We got to get mister Nichols on or them kind of he could go after bad.
Speaker 12: Contractors, process server. The nine one one operator responds, no, you can't do that. Nickel says, would you like me to render him incompetent?
Speaker 5: Would you like me to shoot him?
Speaker 12: Needless to say, mister Nickel got prosecuted for several felonies and he appeals his uh, his his conviction.
Speaker 5: However he appeals it as of now or going back, well in the this is back this show, So he got in trouble then and there for the threat. Yeah, and apparently you know, chasing the guy with a pipe and beating up his car.
Speaker 12: He didn't beat up the car he jacked up the car like with a jack.
Speaker 5: Driver, We're no longer contact. Love this guy so so, but he gets in trouble, He gets in ben trouble and then so he either goes to jail, whatever happens.
Speaker 12: Victor of several offenses, and then he does what appeal he appeals and.
Speaker 5: What did the did he appeal based upon? Really the start of the no trespassing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that seems to be the genesis of his entire defense. Ultimately it didn't work, as he lost an appeal. The appeals court affirmed all of the lower court's decisions. But in any case, the relevant part that I was trying to find is not whether it's legal to threaten with the process.
Speaker 18: Back up the guy's car.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine you jump in your car and the wheels are spending, You're going nowhere?
Speaker 12: But the appeals so I was interested in a more neuro topic, which is does the process server need to turn around when he sees the no trespassing sign? And basically the appeals court held that no, a process server can proceed despite the presence of a no trespassing sign. However, you can revoke the person answering the door or somewhere in the house can revoke this implied license to enter the property.
Speaker 5: Got it by telling the dude to leave, and when he left, when came back. Yeah, so not only I see it, not a whod on. So tell me if the way you're reading this, if this would be Craig, this lady looks out, sees this guy walking up, Yeah, she needs She could probably have yelled out the window, yes, well you cannot trespass, leave now, leave now, and he would have been required to turn around and leave. But because she opened, didn't talk to him, and I'm just talking about her caller, Yeah, because she opened, didn't talk to him and didn't revoke it. Actually she did. She told him to leave. According to her, he left, he went out and made a phone call that his boss, and the boss said, no, bring it back. Yea, So it probably was that was bad service. That well, no, that's a separate issue, right. What I was trying to find out is if the guy was truly trespassing, So when he came back, he really was trespassing, Yeah, because she revoked his limited rights right to license to enter. But like I said, though, it probably was bad service. But what the hell's doing I think that's a different issue.
Speaker 12: Right, So did the guy commit trespass in my opinion, yes, my opinion he did.
Speaker 5: Was the service bad as a result of his trespass?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I would say it was.
Speaker 12: Why wouldn't it be, Well, because the service of process is governed by an entirely different body of law, which is going to be Colorado civil procedures.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm still telling you a it doesn't matter because even if they go to courts, are going to get served there, right right, right. This is just an interesting intellectual very very interesting. But I would argue, yes, you can't trespass and serve somebody, Yes, unless people tell you to get the hell out. I had girl scouts one time. I said, you get the hell off my lawn. If they can't, I'm just kidding them. I did not tell cookies, and we have those damn cookies right in that wagon. No, no, no, it would be curious. So I wonder who could answer that, I mean, bad service? Oh, any of our attorney friends could answer. You'd be surprised, know they don't. They just wait for the service to come back. I mean, really, they might know the law, they knows, they might have fought. Okay, you name one, let's get them on. I bet they don't know. Oh, Marco, Marco, he might still be on his trip. Hold on, I gotta take this break. We got open lines three oh three seven one three eight two five five. And by the way, if you're a process server, we'd love to hear from you right now what you know about this. That's a good I like that.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of we want to hear from you. By the way, Tommy boy is going to be on at noon, taken over for me because I well I hate bragging about my kids, but I do it all the time. My daughter is graduating law school.
Speaker 19: Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Kelly in Laramie tomorrow, and my parents flew in Wednesday, so they're in town Susanna's gonna pick me up with my parents and we're gonna head up to Laramie from here and see her and see my son who's driving in from Nebraska. It's like a family reunion and I'm looking really forward to it. Twenty three years old, just turn twenty three years old, graduating law school and she will take the bar, I believe, in July. And she's got a job lined up big time with a man I really like and that works right here named Dan Kaplis. And she's been working for Dan for my god years ever since law school. So congratulations, my love, my ad of line. Hey Jim, what's going on with this convertible? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hi, Mike.
Speaker 5: Are you doing I'm doing great, Jim. How are you? Do you own a convertible? No?
Speaker 20: I do not.
Speaker 21: I want to buy a convertible. It's on my bucket list.
Speaker 5: Why is that? I'm just curious. I've never like they look cool, but I mean like they look like they're also a pain in the ass. But go ahead, well, yes and no.
Speaker 21: The very first car I owned was a convertible. Nice that was fifty five years ago.
Speaker 5: Did you pick up a lot of chicks in it? As like a chick magnet if you do own one.
Speaker 21: Well, it wasn't a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Let's say that.
Speaker 5: I like that. What is your question?
Speaker 2: Well, I want to.
Speaker 21: Buy a convertible. Yeah, I know there's some problems with convertibles, but I'm at a point in my life where it's something that I want to do. And there's only two as far as I know, only two American car makers that make convertibles now, Chevy and Ford.
Speaker 5: Is that correct, guys? You guys even know American? He said, though, yeah, American? Well what other American cars are there?
Speaker 6: Dodge?
Speaker 5: Okay, Dodge? Are you looking for you or used?
Speaker 22: Well, it kind of depends.
Speaker 21: I would buy either potentially.
Speaker 5: What are the Chevy and Ford's I assume, Well, the Mustang's electric only now, so that's not going.
Speaker 6: To be an either way.
Speaker 5: You get a gas is that that's probably going to be a convertible. They've been doing it forever, probably and then I would assume the can you get a Corvette?
Speaker 21: I could get it. That would be probably my last choice. I'm not sure I want to spend that much money, but I would consider that. So either it would either be a Camaro or a Corvette. There are foreign makers, but I'm.
Speaker 5: A Camaro would be sweet man.
Speaker 21: And the kind of money that they're asking for, like Alectus convertible or.
Speaker 5: Something, how much? How much is like the cheapest one? Is that going to be the Mustang?
Speaker 21: Probably Mustang and Camaro are pretty comparable in price from what I've seen.
Speaker 5: And how much are those now?
Speaker 21: You know you can spend anywhere from like twenty five to fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: I think, wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 23: Whether they're never used?
Speaker 5: So what's your budget?
Speaker 21: And what I'm looking for feedback as far as you know, any issues with reliability or is it just.
Speaker 1: Kind of a.
Speaker 21: You know, it is what it is?
Speaker 5: What about So you're not necessarily asking about the convertible part of it. What you're asking is out of the Chevy and the Ford lines, which is one of the ones you want. What do these guys think are the better running cars? Hold on, that's a great question. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Sell Roofing dot com.
Speaker 17: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped of.
Speaker 5: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't help?
Speaker 1: Come? Runs as as we can show.
Speaker 3: Shooter's Gonna help Come Man.
Speaker 4: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: Welcome my friends to the only show of It's Canada. Here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We're here to make your life a little better. To the two of over gosh three hundred million dollars cash merchant ice exchanges refunds. I got Jeff Vick here, I got Dmitri here, I got Kevin Caulkin here, I got Deputy Doc here.
Speaker 6: We got the.
Speaker 5: Whole gang together three h three seven one three eight two five five. We were talking during the breakout. We used to scare our siblings. Well, I don't have any siblings, and it made me think of a story with my daughter Addie, who's graduating tomorrow, by the way, law school. Anyhow, she uh Susanna and I tricker about a year ago, maybe two years ago. It was finals for that year up in Laramie, so it was finals for the semester, and we told her that we were bringing our son to Hawaii and we wanted her to go, and of course we booked a trip right when finals were so we knew she couldn't. She was devastated. She bought it hook line and sinker. Devastated she was. And then at the end, ah, we're just kidding, haha. But I've always done that to my kids. It's just the way I am.
Speaker 16: No I did to my son. We were driving. We had flown to New York and borrowed my sister's car to drive up to the mountains in New York. And I don't know how old Eric was, but she had one of the first cars where you had the radio controls on the steering wheel. Yeah, So every time Eric went to change the station, we would change it, and he we convinced him that he broke his aunt Kathy's car.
Speaker 5: No idea.
Speaker 6: He was in tears.
Speaker 5: I was crazy. I love. We've always been a practical joke family. So when she went to get back at us for it, it happened probably about four or five months later, so everything was just well forgotten, not looking for the comeback. We get a call that she's coming home from Laramie for the weekend and it was unexpected, and we're like, what, Hell's she coming home for this Friday. In her school, they never had classes on Friday, so sometimes she'd come home and then leave back up Sunday, but generally not. And she goes is dad there, She's talking to my wife, she's talking to sus his dad there, and she's like, well, he's not here right now, but why And she's like, well, I really need to sit down and talk to both of you, and I don't want to talk about it right now, but it's really important. When's dad going to be home? And she's like, well, he should be home in a half hour. She's like good, we're about an hour out. Or she's about an hour out. So Suzanne calls me and says, hey, Litlan tells me about it, and I'm going, wait a minute. There is nothing good about this. Absolutely. I can't think of any reason except for one reason. She is saying this, and I say this to Suzanne. I said, I bet she's pregnant. I said, I bet she's freaking pregnant. And Suzanne goes, I was kind of thinking that too. She goes, Listen, no matter what happens, you got to be cool. You have got to be cool, no matter what, she says. You got to hold your poo and you gotta be really cool on this. So we wait and we're just sweating it out and sweating it out, and she shows up and she looks stressed, big time stressed. And she sits down, and sure enough, she goes, I don't know what to do. I don't want you guys mad. I'm pregnant. And Suzanne explodes the one that told me to keep cool. She goes, where is that boyfriend of yours? How come that son of a bitch isn't here? How come he's not here facing the music? What's going on? And I'm over there going damn, I don't got to do a damn thing. She's got this thing handled. And I'll tell you she had us so good. Suzanne was so mad, just so frustrated, not over the pregnancy, but over the boyfriend wouldn't show up during this conversation. And then I look over Addie and I just see this little smirk she got us. She's like, eh, that's for wh LIAI Oh. It was terrifying, the most terror. That must have been one of the most terrifying things. I was speechless. Have you guys ever seen me speechless? I absolutely was speechless.
Speaker 6: I've never seen like Suzanne go off either.
Speaker 5: I made I wish she was here. She was hissed.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 5: All right, what are your thoughts on this convertible? Jim called up. He wants to buy a convertible. It's kind of his dream Car's first car was a convertible years and years ago, and you know now he wants it on his bucket list. He's going to buy a new one or used one. He wants to know what you guys think of American convertibles or American car companies that make convertibles, which one's better to get.
Speaker 7: I think they're both equal. I don't see a big difference. I mean both the cars are impractical. Well, doesn't care about yous. He can still move into Chris where they the Challenger that had a convertible option back to twenty three. If he's doing used, if he's doing used, so you know you still have you know, so you.
Speaker 5: Would say, I mean, would you tell Jim whichever one you like the best?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And then if it shoes get a checked yes preference.
Speaker 7: It's there's nothing nothing about any one of them that's better than the other or worse than the other.
Speaker 5: Hey, Jim, what was your first one when you were a teenager?
Speaker 21: It was a nineteen fifty eighth Al Alpha Romeo?
Speaker 5: Oh wow, do they even And they still make Alpha Romeos, don't they?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I've seen one in the parking lot here.
Speaker 21: I paid six hundred dollars for that car in nineteen seventy two, and you can't put your hands on one now for less than one hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh that's incredible that much for real, highly collectable. And these guys were telling me about a Mercedes they used to make that would literally it be a hard top and there were panels that would fold up into the trunk. That sounded pretty cool. Yeah, that does.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: I mean basically they're saying I mean, really, guys, you're saying, whatever one he likes, I mean, just get it checked out.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because they got to be extra cars because they're not getting the winner.
Speaker 5: I didn't know Mustang. It's funny you said that every Mustang I see is electric. I didn't even know they made a gas powered one. Now well, less and less? Yeah, you got any other questions, Jim.
Speaker 21: No, I appreciate it, thanks, guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate that too. I like I was taking my first car. It was a seventy nine Granada. There's no nostalgia there. I will never buy a nineteen seventy nine Granada. What was your first Jeff?
Speaker 8: Uh My first car that I bought was a sixty seven Mustang nice and I actually just sold that here two years ago.
Speaker 5: Oh no kidding, you've had it since then. How much you buy it for? Originally I bought it for twenty five hundred that's a lot. And then when did you buy what year?
Speaker 8: It was nineteen eighty eight?
Speaker 5: And then what'd you sell it for?
Speaker 24: Well?
Speaker 5: It was a project car. Now, so I sold it for twenty five hundred. Oh okay, say you broke even twenty five years later?
Speaker 8: Well, I think I have to go wash on the That twenty five hundred doesn't go quite as far anymore.
Speaker 5: It doesn't go anywhere. No, that's like a twelve pack of eggs and a Hamburger. That's it. And then what was yours?
Speaker 6: Sixty nine Malibu?
Speaker 5: Malibu? Nice?
Speaker 6: And it was a convertible, which I would never do again.
Speaker 5: Didn't that have? Was that a five liter?
Speaker 6: Uh? Three or five? Yes? Three h seven?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, those were pretty popular.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: So far you guys beat the hell out of my Granada DA.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now I had access to my parents' car before I ended up getting the Granada. Sure, and that was a Chevy Chavette, So there I was rolling.
Speaker 8: The one that I had access to was actually a seventy four Vega. Yeah, four cylinder with a flat cam. Nice controlling that car.
Speaker 6: You could not the Chrysler Town and Country Wagon.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought you're gonna say minivan. I think. Did it have the seats in the back, yeah, to face the other wise faced the death seats. I remember my uncle Mario had those, and me and my cousin Matt, we'd be in the back, never thinking anything of it. I never thought of huh what else? Figure rear ended, My face would be gone.
Speaker 6: Well, let in the carbon monoxide you get in the back window?
Speaker 5: Oh man, Yeah, there was all.
Speaker 6: Kinds of back then.
Speaker 5: It didn't matter because everybody smoked. So I mean you just you basically secondhand smoked in the carp how about you, Dimitri Mark?
Speaker 12: I have to respectfully decline to answer that question because what was your first car is a very common security question and online accounts.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, black helicopters. Did you bring the tin foil?
Speaker 6: I forgot the foil today?
Speaker 5: Oh goodness, take a look at your accounts. What was the name of your first pet? What did you grow up on? What was your first car?
Speaker 7: Actually answer those questions correctly, correct.
Speaker 5: Question? There your question?
Speaker 6: You just answer, Lord, but then off.
Speaker 12: But then if I ever have to your home address, yeah, that's another question.
Speaker 5: I'm appalled that you won't say on car Day what your first car was for reason status? Oh my goodness, can we get can we get a psychologist? So what was the reason? Because he's afraid people are going to hack into everything because one of his security questions for like bank accounts and everything is what was your first car?
Speaker 12: Not just my security questions, it's a very it's probably the most common of all security questions. So take a look at what you filled out on your online access. So all of you guys just gave up probably the first security question on your credit cards, bank account, et cetera.
Speaker 8: Guarantee I didn't because they have an option on there where you can create your own security question, and I just write my own stuff in like what.
Speaker 13: He's like transmissions, Oh God, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 17: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. This is interesting we were talking about because the convertible. I brought up least reliable car models and these are new ones. These are twenty twenty five least and this is consumer reports that don't cheat. But what do you think the least Well, there's a bunch of them. But name what do you think? Name one you think range Rover? Range Rover is not on land Rover?
Speaker 6: Is that a range Rover?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Or is that a Toyota land Rover? Who would ben elefan rangeover? What is the Toyota That sounds something like that cruiser? Oh, a land cruiser? Do they still make those? Those were popular as they just came back this year. Very cool. Yep, land Rovers absolutely is on there. Mini Cooper. But here's the number one for twenty twenty five. It's somewhat surprising. Well, it just says least reliable car models Ford F one fifty hybrid and basically it's saying, I'm trying to find the entire article. Hold on here here. It is super how brands stack up. Brands are ranked average predictable reliability based on cr members. So the Ford one, what they're saying is wrong with it, which is interesting they're saying owners say there's a lot of problems with the battery and the hybrid system, low reliability. And then they also say Jeep Wrangler. I always saw Jeeps were pretty strong. Now you guys see a lot of problems.
Speaker 8: Well, we've been seeing a lot of the Jeep products with the clutches. They've actually got recalls on them because they overheat.
Speaker 5: Jeep Grand Cherokee is another one, Nissan Frontier. What are your thoughts on that one?
Speaker 6: Jeff?
Speaker 8: Just about anything in the nissanline right now, I don't consider reliable garbage.
Speaker 5: How about Volkswagen Jetta.
Speaker 6: I don't know, do you pronounce it?
Speaker 8: Volkswagon just pronounced peace walking because that's all they do, is they beat walking.
Speaker 5: Now, this thing says the top reliability. What do you think number one is predicted reliability Numero Uno Toyota? Number three is that would be Toyota Honja. This isn't fair because number two, I'll tell you right now is Lexus, same company, But okay, whatever. What do you think number one is Honda? Nope, actually Honda's number four. Come on, you guys here forgetting the ones generally they're women drivers or he got that one well, because I have a Super for ages, Yeah, I know a Super.
Speaker 16: Before I would drive into Super, I have to take my pants off and put on the.
Speaker 5: Skirt Honda Acurra. I think Honda did something really smart when they took Toyota and Honda's model of having their normal than their upper scale car when they created Genesis. Very smart to do. And then least on here is Rivian. Rivian's an electric car. Let me see where Tesla is. Tesla is number seventeen and Rivian's number twenty two, which is where they end it. Cadillacs twenty one GMC is actually twenty, that's pretty crazy. Hondi's ten, Kiya is nine, which is crazy because Hondi and Kia are virtually the same cars. Mazda is pretty high up there. You know what's funny is all the Japanese stuff, all the Japanese stuff. The first thing other than Japanese is Audi at number seven. That's German, right BMW German. And then Kia and Hondi are nine and ten. I'm sorry, Kia and Hondi are next to each other, and that's pretty remarkable. What's what's the one car you don't want to ever work.
Speaker 8: On SOB, Like, what do you turn a last time you even got a call on a SOB?
Speaker 5: They haven't been around anymore. Well, they haven't gotten around, but stories for a reason. Ford birt Jaguar, Jaguar, that's right. So do they still make Jaguars and they're made by Ford?
Speaker 6: No? No, they're independent again.
Speaker 5: Oh they're independent again, they're not. Chrysler used to do that. Chrysler was owned by at one point, and then what was the other big company that owned them? It was like a bank or somebody by Fiat. What'd you say, Kelly Damnlar.
Speaker 6: Chrysler has Mercedes and then Fiat.
Speaker 5: Fiat, jeez, Fiat. Who made the Midget? Was that a Fiat? Yeah? The little midget car, a little team convertible. Oh, mg, midget, that's right. What's the Fiat? Oh, the Fiat is a tiny little.
Speaker 6: Thing like the five hundred and different ones like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, back in the day, I mean those were everywhere in Italy. I mean the little Mini Coopers, I mean that with a with actually, but it was a car with four wheels. Yeah, that's crazy. The Fia actually, the little mild they have it.
Speaker 16: I don't know about the liability, But it looks pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Hey, Rick, what's your comment on cars.
Speaker 24: The convertibles? I was living in out Past, Texas. I was in the Army, and they always had dust on the floor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would make sense if it was I bet if it was snow and they had snow on the floor. Huh.
Speaker 24: Well, it never snow within ol Pastle, Texas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good point. Good point. Actually, it is kind of funny. Why would you anywhere where there's a lot of dust and stuff? I mean, think of Oklahoma. Actually I lived there for I don't really remember seeing convertibles there. Did you ever own a convertible?
Speaker 21: Rick?
Speaker 24: Yeah, that's how I was saying those I own the sixty three How the soldiers? How poor folk? But my first one was the sixty three Ford Mustang. Sorry nice, but my first car was sixty seven Chevy and Paula.
Speaker 5: What do you drive now?
Speaker 24: I paid one hundred bucks for.
Speaker 5: Oh man, that's that's before Biden. Yeah, what what do you drive now?
Speaker 24: Seventy six?
Speaker 5: What do you drive now?
Speaker 23: The Dodge Caravan?
Speaker 24: Now we buy vans?
Speaker 5: Why why do you buy vans now?
Speaker 24: So we don't have squat the gate in them?
Speaker 5: Oh? I gotcha? How old are you older.
Speaker 24: Sixty nine?
Speaker 5: And how many cars would you guess you've had in your lifetime?
Speaker 24: I didn't pay more than a thousand bucks for and I had maybe twenty.
Speaker 5: What was your favorite out of all of them?
Speaker 24: I think I'll I like the jeeps cheap, the jeep caravan. We had two or three of them.
Speaker 16: We loved them.
Speaker 24: All right, we can go up in the mountain with him.
Speaker 5: Well, very cool, Rick, I appreciate your comment on that.
Speaker 25: Man.
Speaker 5: You have a good weekend, all right, brother, they you too, Thank you, sir. Three o three seven one three eight two five five Confucius? What do you have to say, Confucius?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hello, hello sir?
Speaker 26: Your life beyond the scene I have to do with the ballerina. Would I work down there?
Speaker 5: You work at ballerina?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: What do you do at ballerina?
Speaker 26: I worked in the concessions?
Speaker 5: Was it did the Nuggets play there? Last night? They did? Was it bad?
Speaker 1: Ass?
Speaker 5: Let were you there last night? Was it insane?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 14: It were?
Speaker 26: They got to be pretty wild and stuff.
Speaker 5: I bet it was. So you weren't concessions there? What is your comment on them?
Speaker 22: Well, basically what they did is it has to do with the the uh not giving out unless the people ask for either a lid or.
Speaker 26: A straw for their drinks. Yeah, they have to ask first, otherwise we don't give them out.
Speaker 5: Hold on, that is curious. I got to take this break. I'm trying to think if I own like a convenience store. I mean, I'm trying to think of something similar. I mean, I could see how it could save money. I'm curious, So why it bothers, Confucius?
Speaker 13: Hold on, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: I've got to hear this. So Confucius works at ball Arena. Am I the only one that always thinks of it as Pepsi center. I know that's not right if I owned a company and basically with spending all the money, but god, it'll always be Pepsi Center to me. But go ahead, Confucius. You work there, you work in concessions. And I never thought of this before. When you buy like a soda pop and you get it, they just hand you it and they won't give you a straw or a lid unless you ask for it. I'm sure that's because they're trying to save money or they're trying to save the earth. But well, let's see what that's. I'm just guessing.
Speaker 25: Go ahead, that's what it is.
Speaker 26: They're trying to save I think basically the earth.
Speaker 5: You know what, Confucius, I get you, but I want to say something that we're going to bring in a recycler to this. But actually, before I talk, I want to hear. I want you to continue. Go ahead. So that's why they do it. But what's your problem with it?
Speaker 26: Oh, I have nothing to do with it. I just give it to them no matter what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but why are you calling about it? It must irritate you.
Speaker 26: Well, it's there. They're just coming down on. They're also trying to save product, and the ballerina is saying there's too much trish around there and too much letter and stuff.
Speaker 5: So they're saying it's overhead. So they're really not doing it because it's green, right.
Speaker 26: I think they're doing it just because they're holding back on Both are just doing, you know, recycling for themselves.
Speaker 5: And they're saying, I think, listen, that's just.
Speaker 26: To do with legends. It has to do with been trying to recycling all.
Speaker 5: That, but you don't. But I'm still trying to get to why you're calling about it. Though it drives you nuts that you just can't put a lid and a straw in it.
Speaker 26: Yeah, okay, a lot of people, a lot of the employees think it's kind of crazy. That it is crazy.
Speaker 5: Then if some nut next to me spills it on me, I'm not happy. I know. I promise thee I'm going to give you so much. He is so perched it's crazy. But I want to say this about it. I think it's purely to save money. It's less straws, less lids. Granted that's not a lot of money. I don't think it has anything to do with being green. Although I think the PEPSI, although I think ball Arena would tell you that they are doing it for the environment. I related to this. These hotels you go to. We just went to one in Nashville, Virgin Hotel, beautiful hotel. But unless you tell them you want your bed made every day and new towels every day, they won't do it because it's not good for the earth. They won't change your linens out because it's not good for the earth. I call bs on it. They do it to save money. It's got nothing to do with being green. My god, that guy owns an airline. There's nothing is there's nothing not green compared to Virgin Airlines. But yet his hotels, his damn hotels, that they want to change out your towels every three days.
Speaker 19: So I worked in a hotel for eight years, man, I tell you that it is a total misnomer.
Speaker 5: They're not doing that.
Speaker 19: It's because people seal the towels and sealed it and you have to buy towels.
Speaker 5: What hotel did you work at, Adam's Mark? Adam's Mark said, a nice hotel. I've never heard of it. A nice motel.
Speaker 19: Six Well, no, it's now the Sheridan.
Speaker 5: See here's what I'd say. Here's the thing, Here's what I the towels. Who the hell steals towels? Kelly, have have you ever stolen the towel?
Speaker 19: I have not, but I'm not going to say that. I'm not married to someone who has.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, have you guys literally ever stolen Who the hell wants a hotel towel? Now you go to the Waldorf some nice towels, but you're not going to steal a towel. Who the hell's going to steal a towel? It's Carlton beautiful towels.
Speaker 19: You know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I best Western. I imagine stealing a Motel six washcloth. Let me tell you, if you're at the point in your life where you steal a Motel six washcloth, you are one step away from being homeless. Con I'm going to put you on hold now. I want to ask Dmitri two things. And here's why you're in the recycling business. I am so Number one. I don't understand this. Ballerina. Hey, I'm sorry. Oh I thought he was flashing me saying I got a break. Ballerina now uses those metal clop I love them. And I think they keep things colder, and I'll let you do that. But the second thing is what do you think of the metal cups there? Just being a recycler. I know you primarily do cardboard, but you know the whole game. You know the whole game. And then what do you think about what he's saying when it comes to the lid and straws? Just just spill it.
Speaker 12: Well, Mark, if i'd just say it correctly, Confucius say, if man wants straw, he must ask for it.
Speaker 5: Yes, and lid and lid.
Speaker 12: Now it turns out that it's not ball Arena maximizing their profit on concession sales. There's a Denver City ordinance that went in effect in January of twenty two. Of course there was, and they address single use items in the context of food service. Yes, but only only in what catchup packets.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, But I'm saying, hold on, Demitri, I don't understand. They must have carved out everything in the world, because if I go to McDonald's, the lids are right there. If I go to seven eleven, the lids are right there.
Speaker 12: Why they're right there if the vendor provides you with a lid or a catch a packet or a straw or a napkin. They have to wait for you to ask for that. Not at Denver, they're not allowed to provide single use items by ordinance.
Speaker 5: Well, in customer, I don't understand what you're saying. If I go to a McDonald's in Denver, I have to ask for a lid going through the drive through for a soda.
Speaker 12: Yes, unless unless they violate the ordinance, which I suspect almost everybody does. But it's a single use item and they're required to wait for you to ask for it.
Speaker 5: There is no way if I go through a drive through. Now, first of all, there's no way, Dmitri, There's no way this can be correct. Listen to this. I'm reading directly from the City of Denver website. They must have carved out every drive.
Speaker 12: For all retail food establishments to provide single use condiments and single use service war only upon request by a custom So.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute. I go through what's one of the fast food Chinese places that's got to drive through? Give me something here, guys Express, Panda Express, and I order the chop suey they're gonna hand me. They're gonna hand MEU.
Speaker 12: Guy chop suey is like macaroni and beat sauce.
Speaker 5: Just whatever I order, whatever it is, and you're not gonna get it. They're not gonna give me silverware. And I order a coke, They're gonna hand me a coke with no lid, no straw, just a coke. They're gonna hand me Chinese food, whatever it is. Let's say beef with broccoli. So my beef with broccoli doesn't come with utensils because I got to ask for utensils and a napkin.
Speaker 12: Well, uh, you ask two questions. Actually will they do it or are they allowed to do it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: Is there anyone in the world, because if I open my bag up and there was no way for me to eat, you're gonna go ballistic. Somebody's gonna be wearing that chops. I think I think you're taking they give you that stuff. You're violating whatever you're reading wrongly, you're taking it wrongly. Hold, let's get the city on the phone gym. You're up next.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a.
Speaker 17: Cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three, seven one three eight two five five, three oh three Martino. Listen, Tommy Boy coming up at noon. Get your calls in. I want them to have full lines. You've been ripped off taking advantage of three to oh three seven one three eight two five five call right now three oh three Martino, three zero three Martino. I always say this, don't forget help at troubleshooter dot com, that that is a great email. In any of these ways, we'll reach back out to you. Sometimes I call people over the weekend, honestly. Other times we check the voicemail within twenty four hours call you back. But we're here to help. To the tune of over three hundred million dollars cash, merchandise exchanges, refunds, and I think we're pretty much done with Confucius. Confucius, did you have anything else you wanted to say? Or are you good?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 26: Well, I want to say that I believe that maybe some of the customers also want Liz, because you never know what somebody else could drop, dropping a look in the cup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were in Nashville, Confucius. I was in Nashville for a Metallica concert with some listeners and friends. There was like fourteen of us and we went to kid Rocks bar there, which is like four stories, and we're all pretty sure one of the gals got a roof feed. Now, she was with the group the whole time, but she wasn't drinking much. She couldn't basically, she couldn't walk. It was pretty scary stuff. Honestly, she was fine and she didn't have like a hangover in the morning, none of the signs of drinking too much. And you're absolutely right, man. If that's an open cup, people can throw a little pill or a little thing in there and it dissolves and you have no idea. Good good point, man, good point, Confucius. Hey, is it true you really said all those quotes we read?
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 5: Is it true? You always. You are the one that said all those quotes we read, you know, Confucius say, is that you?
Speaker 26: Well, I just kind of threw that name man, you know.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, hey, you have a good day, man, I appreciate it. Keep up the good work there too, I will say the concessions there. You guys do move people through the line pretty good. And you get to actually check the game out too, right.
Speaker 26: Well, somewhat we're not allowed to inside the ball or inside the ball, and that inside the arena itself anymore. To cut that out.
Speaker 5: Oh that's such. You can't walk in there and peak, not like they were used to. Oh man, hey, man, I really do. I do appreciate I got a free up there. Three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two five five two lines. I want them full three oh three Martino, you've been ripped off. The big dog's about to step in and go after the bad guys. Hey, Greg, what is going on with this supercharger?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 27: I just had a general question. The guys have said the turbo chargers reduced the lifespan of an engine, and I was wondering if superchargers are as bad as turbo chargers.
Speaker 5: Guys, And then one of you tell me last week or the week before. There's a car now that starts off with the supercharger and has a turbo land the land Rover. Yeah, that's incredible.
Speaker 7: An electric supercharger that kicks out when the turbo kicks in.
Speaker 5: So explain, explain the wear and tear on engines. Does it matter? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: You know, I think it does. They both do the same thing where it's just the over overperformance of an engine that's not designed to do what it's doing. You know, So does it work, yes, but it's like a race car. They tear those down and rebuild them after.
Speaker 5: A lot of these.
Speaker 16: Could you tell us that it.
Speaker 7: Compresses air and just just you know, a fat or mixture if you will.
Speaker 6: It's just for dens.
Speaker 5: They're generally belt driven, right or something they're driven.
Speaker 8: There's traditional ones, a belt driven out a supercharger. You know, it gives you power off the line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then the turbo when you're moving exactly because the turbo they really do the exact same thing. They shove more air into the engine and but it when you're just sitting there, turbo is going to do nothing because there's no air covering there's.
Speaker 6: No air comings because they usual the exhaust to do it.
Speaker 5: So that land rower, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yep. I couldn't imagine want to work on one of those stuff.
Speaker 5: No I could. It's just another thing to break, but it's got to be. It's got to be pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: The other thing, Greg, is my RXA. I'm going to give you a perfect example of where I wish I had a supercharger. That thing could get up to one hundred and fifty plus. The top end was great, but the bottom end going off. Man, that little wankle you could rev up, but man, it's not a fast car. Off the bat, that thing could go forever. In fact, if there wasn't a governor on it, I'm not sure you could break that thing. How about these diesels though, I think without a turbo charger or a supercharger, these things wouldn't even move.
Speaker 6: No, you need them.
Speaker 5: So for a diesel you have to have one.
Speaker 6: Oh that's designed for it?
Speaker 7: No, I get yeah, these I think they're putting on engines that are really not designed.
Speaker 5: Great, you got to you got any questions? No?
Speaker 27: No, Well, it's just at altitude you lose what ten percent of your power with a regularly aspirated engine.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm asking me question. You know, he brings something up too. When I was shopping for a little Enduro motorcycle, I bought a little two fifty I think is Suzuki. I forget what brand I bought, but they had two different ones at the time. One of them had a carburetor, this only a few years ago, and then the other one was fuel injection. And the guy up at fay Myers was like, Nope, you definitely want to fuel injection if you're going up into the mountains a lot. He says, we can tune the carb for down here, but when you go up into the mountains or when you go down to sea level, you're gonna have problems where the fuel injection does it automatically? Listen, big dog Martino coming up, one line open get in now three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oho three Martino. I'll be back Monday. Thanks guys, go with a sure thing.
Speaker 13: Denver's best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, Ri.
Speaker 1: You need who you don't have to come? Runs as we can.
Speaker 3: Show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 13: No Tom Martine, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So happy to be with you. I thank god I'm with you. And as many of you know that you know. I came out of cancer surgery April twenty eighth, pancreatic cancer, and in a very rare turn of events for pancreatic cancer, I'm one of the three percenters cancer free. Won't follow up visit yesterday confirmed that all came out negative. Surrounding areas what they call Deputy doc asked me about the pathology. Even though they do pathology during surgery, they send it away to another lab to confirm the findings. And deputy doc you had asked about that and they came back one hundred percent cancer free.
Speaker 5: So that's amazing.
Speaker 28: I thank God for that.
Speaker 13: I mean, this is yeah, thank you. This is a big deal for me. And man, am I happy to be here. This is my life. I love doing this and so thank you. And as I said, I don't want to belabor each show, but I just want to acknowledge the well wishers. I've gotten tons and tons of text and emails and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 28: And I'm healing fine. I mean, I'm doing great.
Speaker 13: It's the most invasive surgery known demand called the Whipple procedure. So you know, twenty five percent of my stomach's gone, twenty percent of my pancreas. I'm not diabetic. The part of the pancreas they took had nothing to do with the insulin making cells, so I escape that too. And it looks like aside from some follow up radiation and chemo, then I'll be back to my normal routines. But that's going to be coming up in the next few weeks, next few months. But as I said, look, I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. My heart goes out to all of those people, all of you who have diagnoses. If you ever want support and want to know what's going on, I'm serious.
Speaker 5: Give me a call or email me help at.
Speaker 13: Troubleshooter dot com if you just got to diagnosis or if you're facing chemo any.
Speaker 28: Non medical questions.
Speaker 13: I can tell you what it's like to go through some of the things that work to make me feel better. And I'd love to help you. Help at troubleshooter dot com and I will call you. I promise you. You can text me also at seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty and that comes right to my cell phone seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty.
Speaker 28: Let's go to the.
Speaker 13: Phone, stays card Day, Kevin Calkin, Jeff Bick here in the house, Deputy d Deputy doc. And we're trying to solve your problem. So up next, let's talk to Abe. Go ahead, Abe, what's going on? Oh he fell off? Okay, hope he didn't get hurt. Linda, what's happening with you?
Speaker 28: Linda?
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, come congratulations. By the way, my family is thrilled that you're doing so well.
Speaker 20: God bless you.
Speaker 25: Thank you, Chickley.
Speaker 2: I have to thank you.
Speaker 11: I've saved a little bit of money back when I pass I would have passed it on to my family. I would like to know what I should do now while I'm still on the earth, to protect it so they won't have to pay taxes or be his with whatever could come.
Speaker 13: Yes, legally, okay, okay, Linda. First of all, how old are you?
Speaker 11: Seventy four?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 13: Seventy four? Okay? And what about the money? How much do you have in total assets and cash and everything to the positives?
Speaker 25: Yes, it's about four hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 13: Now let me give you some good news. They won't have to pay taxes on any of it. You can leave millions and millions of dollars without any estate tax. It's called an exclusion, and you're well under it and likely you're not going to reach I believe it's now sixteen million.
Speaker 5: Here's the bottom line.
Speaker 13: You have nothing to do except protect that four hundred k. What form is that four hundred thousand dollars taking? Is it cash property? Tell me about the four hundred k? Break it down?
Speaker 11: Is it a managed to counselor by fidelity?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 13: Now, one thing I do want to tell you one thing. I do want to tell you, and I want to give you a disclosure. As you know, I have a wealth management company and I do not want you ever to think I'm trying to steer you to my company.
Speaker 28: But I will tell you this.
Speaker 13: Your account is not managed at Fidelity. It is there, and they tell you it's managed, but it's not. They don't know Linda from a hole in the wall. They don't know what you want, what your goals are, what your long term Did they ever consult with you on anything?
Speaker 11: Well, twice a year we have a meeting. Sure, my husband passed to it myself.
Speaker 28: Now, no, that's okay, Linda.
Speaker 13: I suggest that you get someone who who personally personally takes care of your account for you with you. Now listen again. I don't want to brag, but I think we're one of the few firms that really do that. But if you can find someone will who will take Linda and they take Linda's account and say, Okay, Linda needs some of this, some of this, She needs it.
Speaker 28: She wants it to go.
Speaker 5: To her heirs.
Speaker 28: Here's what she wants to do.
Speaker 13: These fidelities and Edward Jones and all these big firms, they don't manage money for people. People think they're managed. They are managed in giant portfolios, and they put you in a group of people that meet your criteria. I'm not telling you they're not they're bad. They're not bad. They just don't give you that personal level of service. So if I were you and I had four hundred thousand dollars, how much of that is in home equity?
Speaker 2: Nine?
Speaker 13: Okay, so that four hundred k is liquid and you have it managed right now? I think you really do have to have it managed. And what I would suggest for you right now at seventy four is you want to be a bit more conservative, not totally, but you have time to let that grow. And there. How are you doing for income yourself? Will you need this four hundred thousand?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 11: No, no, I will not. So I'm still working, So and Tom. That only confidentally came through because I was a banker for twenty five years, so I kind of scrolled away.
Speaker 26: Okay a little bit, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, So now.
Speaker 13: What I suggest Wave eight wealth Management.
Speaker 28: Now here's what I want to tell you.
Speaker 13: What we would do with that four hundred thousand, depending on your risk tolerance and your age.
Speaker 5: We would probably put it into.
Speaker 13: Some moderate ETF exchange traded funds which have a variety which kind of follow a stock market index. But we would also probably get you some growth without a lot of risk. And then we would set up beneficiaries to bypass your estate to go to whatever airs you want, and we would hook you up. See, we take care of the whole thing. But again, I'm.
Speaker 28: Not telling you you'd need us.
Speaker 5: I promise you.
Speaker 13: I don't want to ever turn the show into a but but what I'm saying is, no matter what, no matter what, we would I'd love to see what Fidelity is doing for you. And who knows, it might be really good. I mean, are you getting growth every year?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, but you know there's always okay.
Speaker 13: Well, I'll tell you what we would be happy, happy to go over what you're doing. And again, it's not difficult in your situation. Yours is very simple. You have a lump of money you want to save, you want to preserve, and that's easy, that's really easy to do. We can get you good growth and say and and and principal protection. But the main part of your question about taxes, The good news is Linda, you don't have to worry about any taxes on that. Do you have a will?
Speaker 11: Of course, yes, sir, okay, and.
Speaker 13: Do you name did you name your When was the last time you checked your will and updated it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 11: What my husband died last year, tom, so I had it redone just in my name of good excellent.
Speaker 13: So here's what you can do if you want to have a free review of what's going on.
Speaker 5: And I promise you.
Speaker 13: You know, you can call us and call three oh three seven seven to one help and we'll arrange zoom and I'll get on with you and we'll go over everything. Three oh three seven seven one help And that's seven seven one four three five seven and and you have an easy situation, Linda, you did very well. By the way, before you invest money, do you have high interest det?
Speaker 26: No?
Speaker 25: No?
Speaker 15: Sure?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 13: No good, because I tell people before you invest anything, you want to make sure you have an emergency fund and that you don't have high interest DET. You're in good shape, Linda. What you say you're still working at seventy four?
Speaker 5: What are you doing well?
Speaker 11: I'm working in the insurance. I'm learning the insurance industry after twenty five years and more.
Speaker 13: Okay, so yeah, wow, so you're pretty savvy. So you'l pretty savvy. It'll be fun to talk to you. We have more coming up, and thank you for calling me. Now, Rick fuel Additive, we'll get back to our car experts on that. You know. I have often wondered dual fuel additives work, and oil additives and all these other additives we hear about do they work?
Speaker 5: When do you need them?
Speaker 13: And we're going to talk about that with Rick and all of you.
Speaker 5: Give us a call.
Speaker 13: We have lines open three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Waterpros dot net. The best water systems, the lowest prices. I can't say enough about that. You'll never find a better water system for softening or for purification right now. Thirty nine ninety five gets you everything. Your house will be perfect drinking water softener, alkaline based.
Speaker 5: Here's what I want to say.
Speaker 13: It's the healthiest water and healthy for your pipes too. Not to mention, uh at plastics, getting rid of the plastics three oh three eight six two five five five four waterpros dot man. Hey, Rick, you have a question on fuel additives.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Rick, good afternoon time.
Speaker 23: First want to say, hey, congratulations on your thank you successfulness with your medical issue.
Speaker 28: It is again it is all man. What can I tell you?
Speaker 13: It just played out that way, And it's weird getting congratulated because I really didn't do anything except I went through it.
Speaker 28: But thank you, Rick.
Speaker 13: I know what you're I know what you mean, and I appreciate the thought. So fuel additives do you use them?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 23: Yeah? Well that's my question Uncle Kevin. So yeah, Kevin, have you heard of h G S Bible five CRS.
Speaker 15: C R S.
Speaker 6: C RF.
Speaker 23: It isn't flag.
Speaker 6: I haven't.
Speaker 23: Okay, it's out of a Elbuquerque of a laboratory in Elbuquerque. I saw it on a Scott Kilmer video on YouTube. Supposedly it's a little bit even better than BG products. I know your place over there on Colfax.
Speaker 2: Uses a BG.
Speaker 6: Yeah we do, can we do?
Speaker 7: And there's a lot a lot of good additives that are coming out and they're changing all the time. Yeah, so it's kind of hard to keep up with who's you know, which one's snake all, which one's not. But you know that one's very expensive from what I understand.
Speaker 16: Yes it is.
Speaker 23: It's about forty eight to fifty dollars for the container yep.
Speaker 28: And what is the container good for? How many fill ups?
Speaker 23: Uh? Well, I supposely from what I've read, something like ten to twenty thousand miles.
Speaker 7: Well it goes in one, thankful, I think, is what it is. So it's fifty bucks an application.
Speaker 23: Oh oh in that regard, Yeah, yes, yeah, just like.
Speaker 13: Man, that's expensive, an extra fifty dollars for a tank. Do you do it every tank full or you do it once a month or once a year?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 23: I'm not good, I'm not that familiar with the I did read somewhere whereas like ten to twenty thousand miles every ten to twenty thousand miles, they're supposed to do a superior job with getting the carbon offer. So my other question is this, Kevin, is I just had an oil change done. I have a two ten malabu or cylinder YEP. It has one hundred and ninety two thousand miles on it. I have put I've owned the car brand new. I put nothing but top tier Costco gas in it. Change the oil everywhere eye from five to seven thousand miles for the life of the car. And they were recommended that I put the MLA in it.
Speaker 6: But I get it, it could never hurt.
Speaker 2: Well, I get it.
Speaker 23: That's another problem motive, and I don't really have a problem with that part of it. But I had been keeping up on this car ever since I bought it, and I kept thinking, I don't think I actually even need the MOA.
Speaker 7: Not at this point. I think you've been doing just fine without it. So why you know why sweits now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Okay, Well that was one of the other questions that I had that.
Speaker 13: In general, Kevin, Kevin and Jeff in general in general, let me just ask, how do you feel about oil additives and gas additives in general?
Speaker 6: In general?
Speaker 7: I just think, you know, the generic ones that you just see for ninety nine cents, you know at the walmarts and places are garbage. You know, a good quality additive, I'm all for them. It's just extra layer of protection. Why not you know an engine?
Speaker 5: What do they do well?
Speaker 6: The super lub what do they do? Like?
Speaker 7: The MOA is a super lubricant and it keeps from you know, edge of sledge from forming and everything. You know, common engine Now it's fifteen grand, you know, a ten dollars bottle, you know, and every other world change is cheap insurance for an engine.
Speaker 13: And do you like oil additives better or gasoline additives?
Speaker 7: Oil more than anything? Because I think the oil takes a beating. There's a lot of good gasolines out there. I think keep thinks pretty clean. So I tend okay, so speak to the oil and not so much on the field.
Speaker 13: So how much would a good additive add to every oil change?
Speaker 6: Twelve to fifteen bucks?
Speaker 5: And you say it's well worth it? I think it is, yes, okay, Rick?
Speaker 13: Any other questions?
Speaker 23: No, that was basically it. Thank you so much, Tom, and I wish you thanks help.
Speaker 28: Thank you man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 13: So the bottom line is this, if you have a car that's new and you do it from new, is it better or does it give better protection than if you get a used car and start using it. How do you guys feel about that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: I would say certainly if you start from the beginning use it, you know, trying to keep it healthy at the beginning. You know, if a used car, whether it's your used car or you know when you picked up used, you don't know how that thing was treated. So you know, giving it the most TLC, you cans everything you can do to help keep it on the road.
Speaker 13: But is there any truth to I heard some people say if you use a good additive after the cars has several miles on it and a car that you buy used, you could be actually hurting the car because it gets rid of all that and it gets it and you know what I'm saying, it cuts loose some of that stuff.
Speaker 6: Is that truly?
Speaker 8: And BG even makes you know, like an engine restore, but you know it both for you know, gasoline and diesels, because that stuff is going to build up that sludge and it's going to start clogging up rings and everything else, and you want to break that stuff free and get it out of there and get more optimal performance.
Speaker 13: Could they actually have have Do they actually have studies that, oh it really does work?
Speaker 28: Have you guys ever seen studies they have?
Speaker 6: They have an extensive amount of studies. Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they've been around for a long long time, at least thirty thirty five years, So they're not well.
Speaker 28: In fact, if you well, it's the only thing I get.
Speaker 13: Every single mechanic I've ever talked to agrees Yep, that BG has the best products.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're consistent and they work. Then there's no snake oil. It's just all quality stuff.
Speaker 13: If you had to pick, if you had to pick a label second to BG, what would it be.
Speaker 6: I've been stuck with BG so long. I haven't haven't. I don't have a plan B.
Speaker 13: Now, BG makes fuel additives, oil additives, cooling.
Speaker 28: What else do they have anything for the cooling system?
Speaker 6: Yep? Para steering everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 13: Three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Marianne has an issue with T Mobile. Barry Miller wants to talk about a seminar coming up. This is very important about Vestera Turnkey. We'll talk about that coming up. And I want to remind you that Frank Durand the real Estate Man will do a free market valuation of your home. The market is shifting to a buyer's market, so you need to know what your house is going to sell for before you list at Frank Durant will do a complete analysis free three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 17: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you know you're a troubleshooter. I just want to remind you that there is a webinar coming up and it's ten to eleven and it's on the seventeenth, which is tomorrow. We'll talk to Barry in a minute about this. It's about theestera turnkey becoming a landlord. Mariam, what's going on with you and two Mobile?
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, I bought a iPhone sixteen from T Mobile the end of December of last year, and it doesn't work. I've been to their office five times. I went to Apple in Denver five times, and they even.
Speaker 2: Apple exchanged it for me. Still doesn't work.
Speaker 13: And tell me what part doesn't work? Tell me what the problem is.
Speaker 14: Yes, the problem is when I talk to them, their voice gets cut off in and out. They keep the the other side says, we can hear you. We can hear you.
Speaker 2: That's the problem mainly. And then.
Speaker 14: Sometimes I'm not able to access my emails. Sometimes I'm not you know, getting on Google trying to research something. It doesn't come up easily. You know, I have to wait and wait.
Speaker 26: And wait, Maryam.
Speaker 13: That does not mary Am, Mariam, that does not sound like the phone phone problem. It sounds like your service, your T Mobile service. Let me ask you something before you had this phone, What kind of phone did you have before?
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 14: I had Apple.
Speaker 2: Ten R and it was okay.
Speaker 14: But I lost my husband a few months ago, and I thought I should get.
Speaker 2: A new phone, you know, dealing with everything.
Speaker 14: And unfortunately, yeah, unfortunately it doesn't.
Speaker 2: How come my sister.
Speaker 14: I live with my sister and she has an iPhone that she bought three years ago? Is they call it a small iPhone six series and it works beautifully, you know.
Speaker 13: With this she does she have T Mobile? Does she have T Mobile?
Speaker 2: Yes, we both live and you know we live together.
Speaker 14: She's using the same network and she has no problem at all. But with my phone, as I said, even Apple exchanged it once.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't work.
Speaker 13: See that's what makes me feel like it might not be where are you trying to?
Speaker 18: It might not be the phone trying to use it at home? So you're on a Wi Fi network, so maybe the Wi Fi network is down, so you were lying become to.
Speaker 14: Wi Fi network works for my sister who lives with me, but not for me. How come the Wi Fi system I had.
Speaker 18: You've got the proper Wi Fi network and password?
Speaker 14: Yes everything?
Speaker 25: You know?
Speaker 13: Where tell me this? Where are you located? I don't want your address? But an Aurora?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 14: Across from Cherry Cherry Creek State Park.
Speaker 13: Okay, when you take when you take your phone out around the metro area, does it improve in any areas?
Speaker 14: When I go to, for instance, Park Meadow, I go there for shopping. Sometimes Park Meadow, I have the same problem.
Speaker 13: Honestly, does it ever work? Does it ever work perfectly anywhere?
Speaker 14: No, not that I know of.
Speaker 16: I have a question, Mariam, now that when you went to the Apple store, did you try see if it works there?
Speaker 14: Well? They what do you call it? They work with it a little bit diagnosed. What do they call their service?
Speaker 2: Diagnostic service?
Speaker 14: And it works there and they say it's fine, And when I come home it doesn't work. They even at Apple Cherry Creek Mall they.
Speaker 2: Exchanged it for me.
Speaker 14: That was kind of them, But then it's the same thing.
Speaker 13: I think even I don't think Mariam, there's nothing technically that would explain this.
Speaker 14: See I'm sorry to interrupt you. I apologize this. It is a T mobile store in Park Meadows. Said we had some problem with.
Speaker 9: Them, Yeah, but they exchanged it.
Speaker 13: It doesn't make sense that you would have problems like this. Well, it doesn't matter who exchanged it.
Speaker 2: I go, well, they fixed. I come home, it doesn't work, Mariam.
Speaker 6: Have you asked him?
Speaker 12: Have you checked to see if they'll switch you out into a totally different kind of phone?
Speaker 14: I ask I. Even I'm willing to pay more for Apple Pro.
Speaker 18: Sixteen, maybe that won't help versus an Apple phone.
Speaker 13: I listen, guys, I think there's something in the settings or something.
Speaker 5: It's it's just not logical.
Speaker 14: Missus Martinez. They even put in a new SIM card.
Speaker 28: And yeah, that I don't think.
Speaker 13: I don't think it's the phone, Mariam, I don't think it's the phone.
Speaker 14: But how come I it's Wi Fi?
Speaker 2: Would the network is bad?
Speaker 14: How come my sister works with Apple Phone so well?
Speaker 13: I didn't say the network was bad. I'm just I don't think it's the phone. They gave you a new phone, they gave you a new SIM card. I mean, why would the same problem persist. It's not the phone. Well, it's not the phone. It's logical. You're not going to have the same exact problems with two phones, especially with a new SIM card. It's logical.
Speaker 28: It's not the phone.
Speaker 13: We know that iPhone sixteen's are not defective.
Speaker 28: They're not.
Speaker 13: It's not the phone you have to start looking at the service. And it is very possible that your service, that your sister service is a level down from yours, or yours is trying to connect?
Speaker 28: Is yours?
Speaker 5: What is yours? Five G?
Speaker 2: What do you mean to level down?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 13: What I mean is this, some older phones will talk to the network easier than the newer phones, or the network might be Oh god, I can tell you that if you've gotten two phones in a row, it's not the phone.
Speaker 28: It's just not.
Speaker 17: Does anyone it doesn't work?
Speaker 5: Can anyone?
Speaker 14: Can anyone hundred dollars getting a phone does not work?
Speaker 2: And I'll be okay with it. Nobody is it's.
Speaker 5: Been full You're right.
Speaker 18: Five months. The phone fine in the store. So something is wrong in your home. So you're not connected to something in your home?
Speaker 13: I eat, no, no, no, she said. It doesn't work at Park Meadows either, Mariam. Does it ever work anywhere? Does it ever work anywhere?
Speaker 14: Mister Martinez, you have in the past have helped me, and I'm very grateful to you. It never worked anywhere.
Speaker 18: You took it to the store. It worked fine in the store. The Apple people.
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, guys, I think we need someone to visit her. I really mean this, I really do.
Speaker 14: Apple story in Cherry Creek again.
Speaker 13: Actually, you could come to our office when we're in the studio and someone can help you look at it.
Speaker 28: I just think it's.
Speaker 14: Not Yeah, I like another one.
Speaker 2: I mean it's.
Speaker 13: Did you ask them about trading it in? Did you ask them about trading it in?
Speaker 14: Neither Apple nor the T Mobile would do it. If you would help me to go to Apple and get another phone, I would.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be appreciated.
Speaker 13: It's not going to be your phone. It's not going to be your phone, Miriam, It's not going to be your phone.
Speaker 2: Never had this problem, sir, Believe me.
Speaker 28: Believe me now, Miriam.
Speaker 13: Does anyone else listen, don't worry about it. It's only technology. We'll get this fixed. But I need to ask another question. Does any one else hear what you hear on your phone and acknowledge it?
Speaker 14: Right now I'm talking about it. I'm speaking on my landline because my.
Speaker 2: Phone doesn't know here.
Speaker 13: Here's what I'm asking. Does anyone call they? Does anyone have your phone? Did you ever hand your phone to someone and they can see what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 28: Can you call us?
Speaker 13: Miriam. Can we call you, Miriam? Can we call you on your cell phone right now?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 13: All right, hold on, put her on hold, Put her on hold. Hey, D, Deputy D. Can you call her?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can you call her? Yeah?
Speaker 13: And I want to see what happens during that exchange and if there's a problem that you can discern. Just for the heck of it, I don't think it's the phone.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'll wait for Kelly to get me Miriam's phone number and I'll call her immediately.
Speaker 13: All right, good, all right, hang on, Hey, Barry Miller real quick here, Barry, tell us what the webinar is going to do tomorrow.
Speaker 29: Oh yeah, yeah, in a short one hour, everyone at the webinar, you know, just cooking up with their computer on the webinar, we'll find out how our program works, so then they'll have the comfort level of g That's how I could make forty or forty five percent return and do it very safely and be a landlord, but all turn key, so that Vestera and the team, I mean, the property manager is part of the team. We find the best property managers in these hot marketplaces that are growing very nicely and securely and safely for years. They'll find out how the program works and how they too could.
Speaker 20: Have forty or forty five percent many times more returns on an annualized basis, year after year.
Speaker 13: And you know what this is, no hocus pocus I'm going through at Barry. You know that I'm a three time three timer with you right now, and I love it, and you guys walk me through everything. In fact, I don't know how you keep track of everybody and keep them on track, but you do. And I want people to tune in tomorrow at ten in the morning to find out morning to sign up.
Speaker 28: Where do they go, Barry?
Speaker 20: Yeah, they go to a simple, simple location, my Biggest Return dot Com. Now that takes you to what we call our side entrance of our of our website, and it's the registration door and simple as could be. It's free.
Speaker 25: No no, no no.
Speaker 20: We don't sell names and you don't get inundated. But you just need to register at my Biggest Return dot Com and then we'll send you the zoom connection later today.
Speaker 28: All right, thank you very much, Baron.
Speaker 13: Of course, anybody wants to know about the program can't make a call him at three oh three eight eight eight thirty seven eighty eight more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 17: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martino here, fix at twenty four to seven is doing emergency generator emergency backup generators in your home, and all you have to do is give him a call. This is a great thing to have. They hook it up so it automatically takes over with power failures. They can do the whole house or just the vital systems. Fix my Home dot com book now, Fix my Home dot com book now. Okay, So Jerry has a two thousand and eight jeep Cherokee and he has an idling problem. I think Jerry, go ahead, Jerry, Okay, We're not going to be able to wait for Jerry if he can't talk. So let's Jerry. All right, let's go. Let's go to David. Thank you, David. What's happening with you?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 15: First of all, let me say thank god you're there today.
Speaker 30: Tom.
Speaker 15: I will wait forever to speak with you. But when Mark's behind the mic, it's like putting Alan Berg in charge of helping people. Whatever you know, I remember.
Speaker 13: I used to be well, we each have, we each have our own way of doing things. And what's happening with you anyway?
Speaker 15: Well, ironically kind of on the same realm as that German accident, Lady Miriam or whatever.
Speaker 6: You need a.
Speaker 15: I'm kind of a technical, well computer illiterate whatever I should get.
Speaker 1: With the times.
Speaker 15: But so I need a good recommendation for I'm trying to put a security system in and I need Wi Fi and such and I was winning Who you who you guys?
Speaker 13: All right, let's talk about it. Hang on, China, tell them the hanging on. We'll take care of it. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Compare and call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 18: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ritt.
Speaker 3: New needed, that's who you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come run anxious astas as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 31: Come man, this is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello.
Speaker 13: Tom Martino here, happy to be alive, Thank God for that. And we are here solving your problems, making your life a little easier, as I've been doing in Denver for forty five years and fifty years elsewhere as well. So it's been a long, long time, longest running radio show. Let's get to the phones and try to help. David said he's putting in a security system. He's looking for broadband. People call him Internet providers. They are broadband is made is made for more than just the Internet. It's just as a pipe into your house. And right now we have a lot more choices than we used to have. There used to be a lot of little internet providers and now there's bigger ones with better service. And David, I want to ask, what have you been doing up till now for internet service?
Speaker 15: I have only used a tablet or a phone, And obviously they don't recommend using a hotspot or that you've got to get something hooked up. I know I should get with it, but I haven't.
Speaker 13: I just no, that's okay, So you've been using cell service. You've been using cell service so far?
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 28: Okay, So this internet.
Speaker 13: Service provider, which we call broadband provider, there are there are a number of choices. I'm going to tell you some of them. Comcast is one, which is Exfinity. Then you have Centry Link is another, Starlink which is Elon Musk's thing. That's that's another option, and then you might have, depending on where you are, other providers.
Speaker 28: What are you going to be using the broadband for?
Speaker 13: For your home TVs, your security system, your your home internet?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 15: Yeah, basically just for the security I don't want a lot of television.
Speaker 9: So so if you if you need it just for a security system, why do you I need to know why you need it for your security system.
Speaker 13: Broadband is not required for security. What kind of system do you have.
Speaker 15: About a blink outdoor for I believe it's called and uh. I try to hook it up and follow what they were telling me to do, and then it just keeps, you know, putting me back to square one and doesn't work that way. And then I called the uh uh uh the tech service, and then they said you need broadband or you need service.
Speaker 13: First of all home They said you need you need a home network basically correct.
Speaker 28: Yes, Okay, what part of town are you in?
Speaker 15: Very It's like southeast Dever right on the Cusp with Aurora in that area.
Speaker 28: Okay, I know right where you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I would go.
Speaker 13: If I were you, I would simply call Exfinity excuse me, I know, say I would, and I would do Sentry link.
Speaker 12: David, I Tom, I have a great recommendation for David. David, who's your self service provider?
Speaker 15: The self service?
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's your cell service?
Speaker 1: With?
Speaker 5: What company?
Speaker 15: They're sort of like a connection with a collaboration or something. T Mobile got involved and it used to be someone else.
Speaker 5: But yes, well here's why I bring that up.
Speaker 12: I use I have my cell services with Verizon and for twenty five bucks extra per month, they offered me full on high speed five G Internet for my home and it's been working beautifully. I think I've signed up for that about three years ago, and I can't tell you how happy I am. I have great connectivity, speed for both up and downloads, it's super cheap, and it's never gone down on me, even during power failures.
Speaker 13: Now, now let me ask you something, d D. The five G they offer, is it a little hot spot? What is it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, it's so.
Speaker 12: It's a box with an antenna and the networking hardware all in it. It's about the size of what a phone book used to look like.
Speaker 13: And then you kind of find they don't have to bring a wire in though it's all cell based.
Speaker 5: It's all wireless. It's stuck on my wall.
Speaker 12: So what you do is you use their app to figure out where to stick this huge thing on the wall or put it on a piece of furniture somewhere, and it, you know, it tells you how good of a connection you have to one of their antennas. And I did it and I haven't moved it since then. It has never gone down on me. And man, it's twenty five bucks a month. Now I know for a fact that T Mobile has a competing service. Is I did shop at T Mobile about a year ago and they told me they'll do the same thing for about thirty bucks. So either of those companies. My personal experience with Verizon and I can't tell you how happy I am with that service.
Speaker 28: So David, you can look into.
Speaker 13: You can look into Tea Mobile and ask them what home based broadband they offer and what Dimitria is talking about.
Speaker 28: It's kind of like a.
Speaker 5: Hotspot, that's what it is.
Speaker 13: It's picking up the cell service and turning it into broadband for your home through that router.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and it's and it's actually an entire Wi Fi system is in there so I can connect. I have two or three computers that are connected to it. I have two phones that are connected to it. So it's a full on.
Speaker 15: Home network and it's safe, so to speak.
Speaker 5: It's going to be as safe as you are. Right.
Speaker 12: So, I don't know how easy is to hack into Verizon's phone internet service, but I have a feeling they're pretty sophisticated to protecting themselves.
Speaker 13: Okay, because they just sew what he means by as safe as you are if you.
Speaker 28: What's that.
Speaker 26: They just mentioned?
Speaker 15: Hotspot was not recommended, but this morning the hotspot it's the same thing as that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not a hot spot. I know what Tom is referring to works like a hot Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean that's the only name. That's the only name I have for it. I mean, it's not. What I'm saying is it's not a wire coming into the home.
Speaker 12: No, it's all wireless, and it's just like a wireless WiFi. It is a wireless WiFi network. In fact, my neighbor's new refrigerator tried to connect to it because it is because it recognized it as the strongest Wi Fi network, and I didn't let the refrigerator into my network. But but it's it's a full on thing. Man, it's now now. I got to tell you. It was only available as an option because I have their premium telephone service. So if you buy it as a standalone service, it's like seventy or eighty bucks a month. But if you switch your cell phone service to Verizon, they'll offer it to for twenty.
Speaker 5: Five Okay, great, Oh never never a price increase, I expect.
Speaker 12: Did the you know, the twenty five dollars to be for like three months or something, and I was waiting for them to start sneaking in ten fifteen bucks a month. Since then, they haven't changed it once.
Speaker 15: Thank you, terrific.
Speaker 28: Hey, David, I want to I want to ask you a question.
Speaker 5: David.
Speaker 13: Have you ever called into the show when Mark took your call?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 15: In fact, I called in a couple of times. In fact, yeah, I just called in the other day and I was waiting and he just goes on and on and on about his own stuff, and I'm like, jeez, you know, I finally he takes a break, and I'll wait forever for you. I understand breaks, but he just it's just, Oh, I'm telling you. I used to bring me radio on, I mean the radio out to my mom when she was still alive, and I'm like, this is the guy in charge of helping people, and we were just laugh It was like a Saturday night. I mean, it's hilarious. But anyway, Yeah, I called in before and then I'll say something like you'll get in an argument or something, and then he hangs up on me and then he tells the audience that disconnected.
Speaker 26: He lies and I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Just no, he doesn't lie about that.
Speaker 13: Oh he doesn't lie about back.
Speaker 15: He said that, and then he laughed, and no he does. And uh, I'm just telling you, I mean.
Speaker 23: Take a hat, take a stop hat.
Speaker 15: Hidden you know, discount Suzanne. She would have to like him, but see how many people like him. I'm telling you he would be on the the sleevesburg for everybody that knows him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I disagree, and I disagree.
Speaker 15: I'm telling you, if he takes over the shop, I think, look Tom Martine, empire down the drain. I mean, what you built up this long? I mean, listen, if my if my wife was the employee of the New York Yankees, it doesn't mean I get to be the starting pitcher. He should be deputy in mark, just like you've got a doctor.
Speaker 13: I mean, everybody, Okay, hold on, hold on, no, no, no, okay, he's not here to defend himself. I there must have been a particular call or something that pissed you off.
Speaker 15: I don't I don't know what it is. I just can't stand the guy. I can't stand anything about him.
Speaker 13: Okay, well, okay, every listen, there are.
Speaker 15: One sentence without cursing, and he's not interested in helping. He's interested in fighting.
Speaker 5: That's what he.
Speaker 15: Does all day long.
Speaker 28: And okay, and that's a hard point, David.
Speaker 5: He fights health work like.
Speaker 15: A normal person. From you, you waste your time arguing with someone who always brings it into like a thousand and two thousand percent when you're just trying to focus in on one.
Speaker 13: Will ok well, listen, I let you I let you have your say. I let you have your say. Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 15: I'm not the only one.
Speaker 13: Well, okay, but there are a lot of people thank you for calling, by the way, three.
Speaker 28: Or three seven on three talk seven three two five. A lot of people don't like me.
Speaker 13: A lot of people don't like you know whatever I mean, there's different strokes.
Speaker 5: I was just curious as.
Speaker 13: To why you said that that you didn't want to call in with him. Dimitri present the cell phone. Yeah, you know, Miriam said her cell phone doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Did you call her? Yeah? And you know she's right. It was a pretty bad connection.
Speaker 12: Now, it's obviously impossible to figure out what's actually going on.
Speaker 5: I have a theory.
Speaker 12: I think she just it sounds our call quality was pretty awful and it sounded exactly the way that calls sound when you have somebody in a very bad reception area. So I think Dragon was looking in the right direction when he said, Hey, at your house, you have bad reception. But the phone wants to connect to your home Wi Fi network. And I know for a fact that that's what phones do, and I have a feeling that that's what that's the problem now.
Speaker 5: She I did ask.
Speaker 12: Her if she has better connectivity or better call quality when she goes to the grocery store or the library, or the gas station or whatever, and she didn't address that question. She said, it sounds to me like the only other place she ever goes is Park Meadows Mall. So so I obviously it's impossible for us to figure out what's going on with her phone.
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 13: So if I never hooked to her WiFi, if she never hooked her phone to the Wi Fi, it has nowhere to go.
Speaker 12: If it has, I think that the phone never got a chance to connect to her home WiFi, or she may have entered their own password or whatever, and she needs to dig into the guts of her phone and connect it to the Wi Fi and then tell us, hey, I'm totally connected and call calouty still sucks and then we can pursue it. But Tom didn't last fall, you had you had a resource. He had some guy who went out to help an elderly lady set up her iPhone. Does that guy side does he still offer that?
Speaker 13: Say we call him eye Ted. He's still around. He's probably listening.
Speaker 12: Well, it would be great if you can offer her a house, you know, at a reasonable price.
Speaker 13: I'm thinking, well, I don't think he has a charge. He can do it for us. He might do it just to go out there and see. But that's a good idea, Dmitri, Eye Ted, if you're listening. If not, we'll try to get a hold of him. I don't know, Kichina if you have his number or not. But that's a good one, Dmitri. Remind me of that.
Speaker 28: And I'll try.
Speaker 13: I'll I'll hook her up with I'll ask I Ted if he'll take it on. Yeah, I'll read three seven three thank you, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Compass Insurance Group insurance checkups free of charge to see if you're not paying too much, if you're not under insured, possibly even overinsured. The Insurance Healthcenter dot com or three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven on three eight two five five our shaw? I believe I'm saying that correctly? Are you shaw?
Speaker 28: What's going on?
Speaker 20: So?
Speaker 25: I'm in an apartment complex then Withminster, and they shut our water off yesterday. They shut the water off yesterday about maybe about one o'clock. But why I didn't know. I guess they have like a broken WHI thank you have a broken pie? Okay, And they shut the water off, so it's like nobody over here has had water since about one one pm.
Speaker 13: Yesterday, and well, wait a minute, how long do they expect to leave it off?
Speaker 25: They sent us a text message. They sent us a text message.
Speaker 13: And the.
Speaker 25: When we all got the text message, de leasing office has closed, so we couldn't even contact de las and office. Like we've all been without water since about one pm yesterday, ALFU five months old.
Speaker 5: That's ridiculous. That is with me, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 13: Did you in the text message did they say when they expected it to be back?
Speaker 25: Yeah, they told us in the text message that it wouldn't be right until monday. But it's like, if the water's going to be off for over twenty four hours, you guys, shit kind of be taking us somewhere, you know what I mean?
Speaker 13: I think be Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 25: So we're totally how.
Speaker 28: Many apartments a rshall how many apartments?
Speaker 25: It's it's about sixty, like where the we're the only building over here that doesn't have water, Like.
Speaker 13: It's probably about whoa wa wait wait wait how many units?
Speaker 1: Har?
Speaker 13: How many units are without water?
Speaker 25: I would say it's a good sixty unit Like we all don't have water. Nobody has water right now?
Speaker 13: Like, so is that a total of sixty units. So is it the whole comp is it the whole complex?
Speaker 25: It's it's it's not the whole complex, but it's my building, Like it's my whole Okay, we don't so literally like we're having to put water in our toilet to even flush the toilet, Like where.
Speaker 28: Where you getting the water? Where you getting the water?
Speaker 25: So they're right across the street from where I stay at. There's like like a garden center and you can go over there. Like everybody it's crazy, Like everybody had five gallon blunkets and everybody was grabbing like this buckets or just something to put water in, Like this is the hold, like my whole complex, like my whole building. Like this is crazy, Like this is crazy, and I know that this isn't.
Speaker 13: Right, Like now is management open right now? Is management open right now?
Speaker 25: I went to the building this morning and management is not even in the building. There's there's nobody even at the leasing office. Like I went to the building this morning and they're totally closed.
Speaker 5: Are there any people working? Do you have a number plumbers?
Speaker 25: Yeah, I have a number. I have a number for them.
Speaker 28: Did you did you call?
Speaker 25: I called that number and they even said David sent an emergency like maintenance guy last night, but he was so he was so scared because people were kind of blugging out on him. And last night he told me, like, I don't want everybody to beat me up. So I had the maintenance guy just staying with me at my apartment because it's like this is not your fault, Like this is not your fault and they shouldn't have just sent you in here to deal with.
Speaker 28: The phone number you have.
Speaker 13: The phone number you have, is it the management company?
Speaker 25: It's it's the property yet the number to the leasing office like where I say at yes it is.
Speaker 28: Does anyone answer the phone?
Speaker 25: Nobody's answering the phone today, Like there's I walked over there early this morning.
Speaker 13: I'm trying to get an eyeta. Is there a headquarter somewhere we can call? ARISHU Have you called this city health department? Where? Who's what jurisdiction are you in? Having a county city what?
Speaker 25: So I'm in Adams County and I mean I live in with Minston. But it's like I didn't know who to call myself, Like I really just didn't.
Speaker 5: Know who are you in the city?
Speaker 28: Are you in the city of Westminster.
Speaker 25: Yes, I am, Yes, I am. I mean we ought to try something I wasn't like who I didn't know who.
Speaker 13: Actually, hey, deputy Dog, you want to try calling someone. I want to give it to one of our people to start calling to see if we can find out. I mean, obviously our shoe they can't do this for a long period of time and they got a problem.
Speaker 16: Well, But there's usually team numbers, the leasing office and a management office, and usually most.
Speaker 5: Of them were an emergency number.
Speaker 16: It's usually an emergency number if you call.
Speaker 25: Like they're just not open to like the leasing office. They're just not open, like the way they send these messages. So they sent us these messages after the leasing office even closed. So the number that the message came through that we didn't even have water Like, that's.
Speaker 5: A totally different. What's the name of the complex.
Speaker 13: What's the name of the complex, dude, it's Tears Gardens.
Speaker 25: Terrace Gardens is the complex?
Speaker 13: Man Terra Gardens.
Speaker 5: God, you can give us number right off. He could do that on the phone, Terrace right now. What's the leasing this number?
Speaker 25: Ar Gardens. I'm on the phone with him. Yeah, part Pardons, you need the number to them.
Speaker 5: Yeah I do.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I have it the means.
Speaker 5: I have it. Hey, we still don't know.
Speaker 12: The really important part of this call is there anybody on site working on this? Do you see any service vehicles, any plumbers?
Speaker 5: Denver Water? Do you see anybody over there working on your water situation right now?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: Oh? What about what about earlier today?
Speaker 25: I haven't seen anything, Like, I haven't seen anything. So, like I said, well.
Speaker 13: They obviously look at they obviously want to get it working. I mean, it's not like they don't want to get you working. We just got to figure this out. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 25: This is if if they think that we can all wait until Monday, I can't. I just can't afford that. Like my daughter's in the house, Like I have a five month old daughter, Like I need water.
Speaker 28: So what are you going to do in my house? What are you going to do?
Speaker 5: We've all like, we've.
Speaker 25: All like I have gallons of water, I have you know what I mean? Like I have gallons of water.
Speaker 5: Water.
Speaker 28: I understand, I mean I understand.
Speaker 13: Hang on, hang on, we're gonna make some We're gonna make some phone calls.
Speaker 28: Hang on, I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 13: We're going to make some phone calls find out what's going on three o three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 28: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 13: If you're gonna turn off order, they should at least communicate with people to let him know what's going on. By the way, Kinage Home Solutions has painters now as well as windows Siding Indoors KNH Painting Pros. Go to Khwindows dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 17: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Phil, go ahead, Do you have a comment.
Speaker 31: Hey Tom, I've been out of town. I heard that you were in the hospital. I hope everything went.
Speaker 5: Okay, everything went great. Thank you.
Speaker 31: Yeah that was I heard you had cancer or something.
Speaker 13: Yeap pancreatic cancer, sir, which is a rared rare cancer. It is, it is, and thank god that in my case it was totally operable, isolated and removed.
Speaker 31: Well, you know Italians never die, you know that. Right.
Speaker 28: Well, I'm not going to be bold anymore.
Speaker 13: I used to be bold about my health thinking I knew everything, but this came out of the blue.
Speaker 28: But Phil, everything is wonderful.
Speaker 31: Hey, yeah, well, congratulations and everything. I hope they got the cancer out and everything was. I was out in Minnesota on the funeral and I just got back yesterday and I heard that, and.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for calling, Phil, appreciate that.
Speaker 31: Yeah. And there's another thing, that gentleman that called about water damage or not water damage. No water in these apartments.
Speaker 5: Right right?
Speaker 31: Okay, I know it could be from sixty four in Sheridan in Herbada to Westminster on eighty eight and Westminster on Sheridan. They're putting these great big sewer lines in. And I talked to one of the guys over there and he said that they did cut a couple water lines. So I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it could be. It could be.
Speaker 13: We'll look into it. Thank you, Phil, thank you, thank you. Three h three seven it's seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: I appreciate your your your.
Speaker 13: Thoughts and appreciate you congratulating me. Claudia, you have a comment on our issues apartment with no water?
Speaker 5: What is your comment?
Speaker 30: First of all, I'm glad you're well. Second of all, Marcus wonderful. That guy is an idiot. So anyway we the way we used to do it is we would call the fire department because you're not going to get a holdu of the management office. They probably won't answer. I worked for the county for a long time and they need to know about it. If there were a fire, there's no way to help out building at all.
Speaker 13: Well, they can get I don't know, the.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 30: They can get on to the management to give them an answer and make sure there's some going on with a quicker emergency than anybody else can do it.
Speaker 13: I never thought of that the fire department might have contacts. Deputy Doc, are you trying numbers, Claudia, Hold on, because Doc, have you tried any of the numbers?
Speaker 6: Doc?
Speaker 12: Stepped out because he's probably working the phones, working on this matter.
Speaker 13: Okay, Yeah, he's trying a few numbers to see if we can get through to somebody. And it does sound strange that they just turned off the water. It's terrace gardens in Westminster. Maybe Phil has a point. They're working on the water lines, uh with the city and maybe or the county did it. So we'll check it out. And Claudia, that's a good tip if you call the fire department and say what happens in case of a fire? Do you have emergency contacts for this apartment complex? And perhaps they do, Thank you, Claudia, three zero three, seven to one to three talk seven to one three, eight to two five five. So anyway, there is a there is a thing going on with teenagers right now that's pretty pretty amazing. It's it's terrible, and it's where they text teenage boys pretending to be a teenage girl. Now it's a twist on that old love scam, but instead of targeting middle aged women and middle aged men, now they're going after horny teenage boys. And I say horny teenage boys because this is how the scam works. They literally say that you know they're interested in them. They send a sexy picture of a teenage girl and then they ask the boy to send a picture back, and the boy sends a picture back. And by the way, this is happening and it's real. There have been many kids targeted on this. So when the kids sends the picture back, then they blackmail the kids saying, you know, we are going to publish this picture. It's called sextortion, and we're going to publish the picture to all your friends and neighbors and family and your contact list unless you pay us. Now, they're taking payments as little as twenty five or thirty bucks, all the way up to one hundred and fifty to two hundred. At first they ask for thousands, and the kids panic and say they can't pay it. Then they say, okay, what about one hundred dollars? And these kids manage to scrape together money to keep their pictures private.
Speaker 5: But it has been going on.
Speaker 13: It started in California, and a lot of kids are tapping into their college money or they're spending money or their savings accounts to pay this off.
Speaker 5: And so the FBI is on it.
Speaker 13: But it's called sextortion. You really should talk to your kids about this. You really should, because it's a real deal. If they're being targeted by someone of the other sex. It's usually teenage boys being targeted now by a track by so called attractive young women who want to have a relationship with them. And of course a lot of times we know that the teenage boys are not thinking with the correct brain three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five, So that is called sextortion. Sextortion is not new, but the new target's now teenage boys.
Speaker 5: That is a new development.
Speaker 13: Genesis Total Exteriors they do bathrooms, basements, kitchens, exteriors and mold remediation once they discover it.
Speaker 5: So you can trust these people.
Speaker 13: Genesis Total Exteriors and of course interiors Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. Renew home Innovations dot Com for your shower conversions, beautiful sheet porcelain, beautiful, no maintenance, get it done in two or three days with months to pay. They have all kinds of payment repayment plans. Three oh three nine zero four to two thousand. Renew home Innovations dot Com the most beautiful showers.
Speaker 5: I've ever seen. Deputy Doc, you have a follow up? What's going on?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 16: I was able to get finally in touch with somebody that they have an answering service, and she said she was going to contact the maintenance department and the management company. She wouldn't give me the numbers, but she said somebody should get back to him in fifteen minutes. So I told him to call me immediately and if we don't get satisfaction, we will do what you suggested and call the fire department.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they did have an answering service.
Speaker 16: They did, finally, Yes.
Speaker 5: And were they aware of what you were talking about?
Speaker 16: No, of course not. It was it sounded like some uh, I won't be mean. It sounded like someone who was not really competent to be answering phones. But she did take down the course and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: That's the way it is. I mean.
Speaker 13: But it's this is you know, no water is way more serious than even no heat of course, or no AC or whatever.
Speaker 28: I mean, it's really bad.
Speaker 16: And I told her to make sure she talks to management company about giving you permission to take his five month old baby to a hotel for the night if the water's not turned on.
Speaker 13: Yep, absolutely, that's something that needs to be done. Okay, I want to talk about a couple other things here that's important. On the on the automobile, Kevin and Jeff, we had a couple questions. I want to get through it real quick. About additives. What if someone is changing their oil religiously five or six thousand miles, do additives do any additional help? Or is the changing of the oil enough.
Speaker 8: What depends on why the additive is you're using. I mean, if oil additives, you know, I know Al when he was here, he was pretty religious.
Speaker 6: About it on every oil change.
Speaker 8: If you know, if you do it, you know, every couple of three, then I think you probably receiving a benefit from there. You know, a lot of fuel additives. I recommend them with every tank. I mean, especially if you're running diesel, running something like a Lion or Sanadine. You know, this is crucial for him anymore, all actuality. Since they dropped down to low sulfur fuels, the standardne or Alliant will actually act as a lubricant in there, making up for that sulfur loss.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the gas motors I have a very require so much as far as maintenance. Because you can repair fuel injectors and sleds easy. The sleds inside of motor you can't fix. So that's why I recommend the oil oil additives. It just prevents a lot.
Speaker 28: I have another base. I have another basic question.
Speaker 13: This is really basic, and that is why don't the oil companies put it in their oil?
Speaker 8: Well, they've already got a lot of additives inside the petroleum products. Anyway, we're just boosting up what the whatever their quality product is, just trying to make it better.
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, that's uh, of course, Jeff fic Kimmera Transmission Transmissions Denver dot com. And then we also had Kevin Colkin with us. Uncle Kevin shared in Autotech dot Com. I'm Tom Martine. Remember folks, you're well wishes. Thank you so much, ippreciate it. I'm going to keep going strong for you, save all your problems for me