Speaker 1: Oh Hullo. Just up here, Jimney listening to this week's Tom and Jerry Show, And this week, among many things, the boys are talking about numatic peness helping machines. Now, this isn't a new concept as far as I know. A bandoned by the name of Bill Sweeney from down there in ull He had one of those fitted in his John Thomas back in seventies. However, his was steam driven. If I remember correctly, I did the rivets for him, good man. Apparently it worked a treat. Only downside was every time it worked, bloody great steam whistle would go off and all neighborhood would know that him and the missus were getting down to you know what. Anyway, I'll see thee.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. You're very welcome to a somewhat hopefully sound an all right Tom and Jerry show with myself, Jerry McBride and himself Tom O. My honey, Sorry, Tom, I don't have my ordinary microphone set up this week, So if people think I'm coming across a wee bit strange, do not adjust your headphones.
Speaker 3: You sound beautiful meter. Honestly, if it's coming out of any different then I can only you know it's their problem. At this stage, you sound absolutely delicious, delicious, like buttery milk pouring into my years to finank you fairness, I know I've been telling you to get to I think you'll end up with a lovely voice saying because you you can't for giant headphones before. Now you've gone for nice little neat ones. It's nice.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like you know. I'm a creature of habit, Tom, I don't like. I don't like, as listeners to the Tom and Jerry Show will tell you, because we're one hundred episodes, we've done the same show pretty much every week. It's the same crack. I'm a creature a habit like. I like myself up. I like my regular set up. But what can I tell you, Tom Mow, it just didn't bounce for me this week. Or I started tearing the office apart to do it up and I didn't have it ready.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling very I'm very very smoking myself here. I haven't participated so much as even anything else in a in a beer in nearly three weeks. Yeah, not on reed of out of me.
Speaker 2: I haven't taken a sip of beer since this episode started, wait, hang on, here we go.
Speaker 3: No, you know, somebody don't. It's like, because I'm out of gigs and people can keep on. People don't understand. And I don't know if it's media, but I don't know who these people are. They can have one pint because I get offered several one pints for people when I'm out gigging, and I'm like, you don't understand.
Speaker 2: That was That was always the real sort of the cruelty of a tom. I remember when I was out gigging and you'd be a traveling comedian and you travel over town and you'd play some weepop and you would have a good gig, if not a substantially a gig, and everyone who's like, well done, congratulations, you're a funny man. Would you have a pint? And you're like, fuck, no, I have to drive home.
Speaker 3: It would be great to just I mean, is there an app break and just put on my phone and go buy me a pint on that there?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, can you buy me a pint? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have me favor and throw a five word diesel in the car.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't follow me up to the Petro Station there? Would you?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't take me up to the Apple Green and get me a sandwich? Would you? No? Instead, I'd be like no, And then you'd have to you'd have to walk out of the pub because nobody else was going home. They were out for the night and they, oh, we've seen the comedy show me a great crack, and we're staying out for a couple of points. And you'd walk out and all you'd be hummed yourself as you walk out of the pub is like the incredible Hulk music. Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Have a new nickname. It would seem after I did a gig in at that very very same room that we did a gig last year and Kenny, I did it at the weekend and it was so fucking hot that collectively the myself and now what we all knew it was gonna be hot. There was a man in the front row. It looked like a bubbling crude coming out the top of his head, like something out of the Beverly Hillbillies. Big man, no hair and just biling up out of his head, and we all established that we're going to probably go to up a place of weirdness. LSD Non LSD driven, but it feels like we're gonna be on something. It was amazing and yeah, in my collectively, I think we lost about one hundred and fifty kilos through that. So I am now Tom's mpek is my new nicknames. It just just come hang around for me. What I can't guarantee it. You'll lose healthy weight, but you'll you'll be probably you'll be fight ready. That sounds like I just discovered my own African province. Yeah, let's discover.
Speaker 2: Let's discover this week's show, folks, We're gonna jump straight into it. You know how we do here around here. We start off the show with the weekly what have you.
Speaker 4: This is a very complicated case, mad you know, a lot of a lot of out, a lot of what have you, and a lot of SCRAMs to keep in my head.
Speaker 3: Man, this is an exciting one for me because yes, this has been on the rise for a while time. It has fair it was. It was a hard one to nail down, but we got it in the end. Jar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we don't mean difficult ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: This brought about last week and fit. I rarely feel this cocky about a thing. There Jesus Christ going.
Speaker 2: I got nothing laugh he buddy, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not doing it more. I can think of more, but I'm not doing it more. Thirteen men, and I think this is nearly like an angry you know, like like they should they didn't deserve it. It's written in quite an angry form. The thirteen men. I don't think they all knew each other around a stagnore had surgically fitted where with bionic penises in public hospital. It's costing four hundred and fifty thousand. Yeah, listen there, there's you know, okay.
Speaker 2: Much to think about it much?
Speaker 3: Think about this now, they were on average about I think about thirty four to thirty five thousand piece per piece.
Speaker 2: Changed by the way I'm doing somethings over here.
Speaker 3: This is the way they've broken down. Thirty four eight yeah, thirty four eight hundred permiky Now, I don't know those bigger hydraulics have to go into a thing than you know, depending on the size your fluid. I don't know it's a one size fits all. Is this thing over capable?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Has it has it kind of heavy? Like, doesn't have you know, a lifted limit? I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Would probably behoove us here now, Tom, because I feel like we've we've dived, we've doved straight into the numbers of it, and we've coasted straight past the whole bionic penis and of things exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see. I do feel cocky about this because a couple of years ago I was doing a comedy course, teaching a comedy course in a company not very far away from here, and I thought all they did was pacemakers and stints and stuff like this turns out way more, way, way more. And one particular woman who's on the comedy course, her department was robot mickeys. She described herself, so robot mickey.
Speaker 2: So the robot What the robot mickey is, for those out there curious, is is a is like a bladder. It's like a It's like a It's like an air bladder that they insert into the mickeys of men who have erectile dysfunction. Just gonna say it, I don't know why viagra isn't working for these men. Not a learning podcast, ladies and gentlemen. We've established this many times. But it's a little sort of air bladder that they put up into your mickey and then they have little pumps in in your in in your scroll from yes maybe if there's space or up in your stomach a wee bit that you kind of you pump up your mickey and and she flew.
Speaker 3: So this is is the itself is in the is in this growthma right. They must be able to get it in there all the same, like unless they drop a ball out and leave you one and just go less and lead. We only have unless it give you can give you an oversized bag. I don't know, but they put the actual pump reservoirs, like the actual gas cylinders. Will say they're actually implanted into your abdomen. Okay, so and then you have I say, like it. Jerry was saying that there's two bladders up the side of the flute to actually drive it up into the I got this in full description like three years ago, and I thought, ah, yeah, it must be all for American people, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, but no, come to find out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirteen lads got lads fitted this year. I mean, bionic mickey is a bit hard because it's the same mickey you've done upgraded it like this is it's ends.
Speaker 2: They make it sound like Google gadget mickey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, And you can just choose a new sized Mickey like I'd like one would have fuckingj and ninja bullet and you know what I mean, I can just click it off and clinton on. You know, I can like the the kitchen aid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like it vibrate and may keep.
Speaker 3: I'd like which strikes and it makes.
Speaker 2: A bigging ask. Give me what else they're doing.
Speaker 3: To be fair, they are shit hot at what they're doing. I mean, this was three or four years ago. This has described me everything jump, comes on and leaps and bounds jar.
Speaker 2: Can I can I stop you there? Tom? But Beyonce had the best album of all time. But no, here's what I'm gonna let you finish, Tom long Cam. Listeners of The Tom and Jerry Show might remember fucking one hundred episodes ago when we were talking about encyclopedias. Yeah, I think it was like we remember when you got all your information from encyclopedias one hundred episodes back, and I said that in their house we had the twenty four World books for for the alphabet, and we also had like a medical encyclopedia like what nurses would have. And by that Medical Insight, Wikipedia Tom they had the inflatable robot Mickey. This is thirty years ago. Yeah, this is thirty five years ago. This is not a new This is not a new science. This is not a new thing. I remember because I remember reading it going like, fuck, is that what I have to look forward to when I get older? And touch would not yet. And I also remember the robotic Mickey was a punchline in the movie ed TV Starn Matthew McConaughey, which was like The poor Man's True Man Show. It was like it came out at the same time and got washed away, but it was like what if a man was in the TV show? It was called ed TV Staring Matthew McConaughey, And that's how he got off TV was he said, oh, I need to tell you a story, but a lad who's got a robot Mickey, and the lad who ran the TV station pulled pulled it off the other night. We don't need to hear about that. Clearly he had a robot Mickey. Robot Mickey's not new, but doling them out on the on the on the National Health seems to.
Speaker 3: Be do you know, I mean, like and that's how a lot of these articles have read I have read. When I read him, it's like, oh, like, have a fucking gander somebod These fucking absolute gannets have eaten themselves into a fifty stone fucking state, and they still explain like, if you're gonna let them come in with a fucking issue. You know, my eyes don't work because I've eaten fucking sesa toast for fucking three fucking decades inside the bed.
Speaker 2: So Tom, could I spring something on you right now?
Speaker 3: Let's hear it? Don't mind my eyes.
Speaker 2: So this is the This is from the same website. Okay, breaking news dot I E.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, alright, I avoided going to breaking news, but.
Speaker 2: Well here we are. Yeah, Breaking news dot I e. Six days ago, which got into the weekly What have you here? On the Tom and Jerry Show Thirteen men surgically fitted with bionic penises in public hospitals, costing four hundred and fifty euro thirteen men four hundred and fifty grand six days ago. Okay. An article dated the first of July twenty twenty five last year, okay, almost to the day, on breakingnews dot Ie reads twenty seven men fitted with bionic penises in public hospitals at estimated cost of five hundred thousand euros. So these guys are just putting out rage bait headlines that lads with fucking no jobs and soft flutes are getting it done on the social and they are trying to raise outrage and and be like, oh my god, this is where your taxpayer money is going. But I put it to you this tom that you're getting thirteen men done for four hundred and fifty grand this year and last year twenty seven men got done for five hundred grand. That's fourteen extra men for only fifty grand. It's not a case that these buys with self mickeys are getting the job done on the on the social. How is it doubled in price in the year.
Speaker 3: Now here's the tinger, These have your ques. You said it went back to the seventies, some of these things. Can you image? Iagine what this fucking setup looked like in the seventies, do you know what I mean? Even a toaster in the seventies. You needed a fucking.
Speaker 2: Four year degree getting this done in the nineties like.
Speaker 3: This was like, as you know comedians have talked about in the past. Let it play out a bit like and see how this is this year's won the twenty twenty six model, or I suppose to the latest model is the now I do believe it's Post and scientific buildings. It's the three p ipp device.
Speaker 2: How was it doubled in price from last year's what I want?
Speaker 3: Because this is now the gold standard option? Because literally, do you.
Speaker 2: Know what they did to notice that? The Irish government was let was mentioning this on the HS and it started gouging us for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well who knows? Who knows where it's coming from? Because by all accounts there was kinking issues with tubing and stuff like that and the abdominal reservoir. This one has mitigated all those issues. Prices do go up on things, no doubt, but they do go up. They rarely come back down the only but by all accounts, they've you know, they they fitted it with technology. Shall we say, no doubt there's an app with it. I'd say, you're not pumping that in by hand anymore. It's it's an app and it like the fucking.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to be smart if it won't.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing I just wonder, like, say you're finished with it, right, do you know, do you know you're finished with it? You've you've done your ride and you've done your pulling, whatever you're whatever you had to do with your making up right.
Speaker 2: The village is clear, it's time to go home.
Speaker 3: You've done right. Then, like standard practice would be that it sorts itself out right. Yeah, obviously if it was hydro, you know it's pneumatic going up, it's going to be pnumatic coming down. So you know, like the air brakes on a truck. You say, you know, the chick or the dude that you're with or whatever, you're like, just give us a second. Oh you're gonna go wash up? Sure, yeah, just into the bathroom.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 3: A fucking scanny. I just put into the fucking bats and what the fuck just happened? You come back out, they're gone.
Speaker 2: The well, listen, do you know what I'm gonna tell you now? Robot Mickey's God bless you, God bless your technology. And if you're one of the thirteen chops with that had your thirteen chaps looked after on the HS last year, let us know when the comments.
Speaker 3: I suppose I love honestly, there's you see they like Mickey's antilet humor will never not be funny. We talked about this before. But at the same time, like, can you imagine it's one thing, you know, getting immole removed, or it's one thing going in for an operation like shaving down a fucking disk or something you're like your society says it's absolutely okay to talk about and people will feel sorry. If you had the side of the football pitch, they're going quiet rin for that, your poor thing. Like the there is almost nobody that they can tell about this where they want to go it like because men, middle aged men will get no sympathy when it comes to Mickey problems. They just won't do you know'd you'd be.
Speaker 2: Very surprised about people wouldn't say it. And Tom because you know, they're selling viagra across the fucking counter.
Speaker 3: True, Okay, all right, fair enough, but at the same time you you have to now talk about the big procedure that you just got done your cock, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Go look listen, viagra tried it nothing, not a store or whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I bet the fuck out half decided off the bed post, nothing, nothing. I was reduced to just one option. Fucking put half a high note into my cock.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I think it's Chinese truck from the eighties.
Speaker 2: Up by the way, I put the fucking makings of a balloon animal up into me tool there and then the little fucking gyro in the balls to whar it up.
Speaker 3: Find yourself just you know, talking to the bouncy castle guy gone, so what are you running there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Way fucking small borough, not that small anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyway, there you go, Mayor Lord sal And no, no, no shaming on anybody that needs a medical procedure from the Tom and Jerry show. But again my fury is, why is the HS fucking doubled the calls of this fucking thing on the political podcast?
Speaker 3: They do have something to pay for rs quite of a white elephant over the other end of the city there.
Speaker 2: That for you. Yeah, savings could be made with us. And I'll tell you what enough about those lads.
Speaker 3: To you what an opportunity, What an opportunity for that?
Speaker 2: We should have put that in this lads. But look at this lad came along on Trump Tom. It's time to talk this lad. Now there's that guy.
Speaker 3: They never let us down there, They never let us down, somebody.
Speaker 2: We're going to go back through the dis lads of the Tom and Jerry Show and just count up exactly how many Australians.
Speaker 3: Fucking shows there are? There are they They're there's something else the Australians. They like they they embody the like America talks about being the land of the free, like they embody the wildness and freedom. You'd imagine what would happen twenty odd million people on a continent.
Speaker 2: Besides that, you know, twenty odd million people, every one of them descended from a criminal of some sorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah that or you know, I resent that bloody remark?
Speaker 2: You want there, buddy, Well.
Speaker 3: There's crocs in the Happy Territory that will killings twenty people a year.
Speaker 2: Well, hasn't blossom blossom bloom. We're not talking about Bob Catter this week. We are talking about a new Guinness World Record set by an Australian man who the fuck else was going to do it for loudest human being ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now this shelt meet however, Joseph mccrail bait up what a name like? I get the double barlin and sometimes the missus isn't you know she don't want to give up her maiden name, or maybe you really like your missus maiden name. You're like, hey, maybe we should double it up. It makes a sound fancier. You know, we're signing their names to signatures and stuff. But if it's like Joseph mcgrail McBride, you go all right, you know, but here we go, we get bait up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I've never seen that surname before. Tom beat up, Like you know the.
Speaker 3: Way names like I know where you're going to, I know you're going.
Speaker 2: You know, like if your name is Smith, you used to be a blacksmith, and your name is Cooper, you used to be like a Cooper, And this man's name is bait Up and he's an Australian, Like what did your father used to do?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Used to get bathed up about it. You got this out of the family, got bait up for generations. You adopted the name orce again.
Speaker 3: The woo's his mother, Joseph mcgrail.
Speaker 2: Bait up is is the loudest human being ever. And by that, you know, how do you know that he's the loudest human being ever? He issued fourth the loudest shout utterance raw ever recorded. Yeah, one hundred and let me get it. Let me get the numbers of it here now, sorry, I'm vamping here. All I've got is penis is up here. One hundred and twenty two point four decibels. Issued by Joseph mcgrail bay bait Up from Canberra, Australia, who chose to roar the word now or as he would say, nonah the.
Speaker 3: Like you're safety levels in? I think in like a machinery workshop. As far as I be told, I said eighty as even would you want the ear defenders on for that? You can'tsider nine? I think I think I could be totally wrong. It could be I could be mistaken it for lumens when it comes to light. I'm not sure, but I think it's about that. But that's what ear defenders on. Like he's hitten, he's hitting. And I like the way this article that I'm reading has given me the kind of things that I can understand. Like no, they haven't said, oh, he's louder than a cook a bar you know, or should have got what.
Speaker 2: The fuck he's louder than newborn babies cry?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know he's louder. In that has a lembs in in spring. No, they came straight out of with the kind of because they know the exact blokes that no woman is reading this article, I promise you the same as a clap of thunder bit with Lucy Goosey. How close is that? Here we go a chainsaw or a pneumatic drill, Now that's we can get wrap our fucking heads around that one. That is some bang. Whatever about pneumatic drill, that's just that could be banging off concrete. You could have hit something soft. A chainsaw is straight up loud as fun. It's just straight up a yeah, yeah fifty.
Speaker 2: No such thing as a quiet chainsaw. And and not for nothing, Tom, there's no such thing in my experience as a quiet Australian. So to meet the loudest one of them, like, there wasn't gonna be anyone on God's green Earth that was going to beat the loudest Australian. You weren't gonna you weren't gonna tap him with the loudest Canadian.
Speaker 3: You know, no, no, no, but you know there are people who can come close to it, because up until then he there, he has beaten a record. There, This wasn't just a random thing, because Australians do love that. Australians love like a competition, a mullet competition, a nose picking competition. You know they when they go redneck, they go proper redneck and things. But up until from nineteen ninety four, up until now twenty twenty six, the biggest yell was at one hundred and twenty one point one. Desperates, no fucking messine either, No I an Alisa Flanagan, a Northern Irish school teacher. Yeah, okay, and she await here, this is, this is, this is unbelievably on point. She yelled the word quiet fuking quiet ironically.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Analysa Flannagan.
Speaker 2: So Lannigan, all right, so she'd be roaring that at the peeler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna say the outtakes had got that full belt into into the ear. Now, what's his name? I was going to call him Bob, but he's not Bob. He's Joe. So Joe gave seven attempts at a chre seven attempts because I'm assuming there's a cutoff, like he had ten goals of it and he can't stand there roaring like, and they don't take your with meat. They'd probably take just the best out of But he was probably just cranking it up to it. But in his own words, he's fifty eight years of it. It's not bad for him.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: He's the air conditioning cleaner, that's what he does, and an honorary town crier. And like, you know, so I suppose he's got it in the he's got it. He's got a love for a chair, he's going to be the honorary town crier. He's got a love for this ship. Yes of being a mouthpiece. So he took it. And as he says himself, like as now, why I think you can actually practice it? You just have to keep it for all the day, especially with the record attempt. And he gave seven goals and I don't know was it seventh or the like he hit it on the fifth, but he gets seven goals and hit one hundred and twenty two point four. Well, by Jesus Christ, Joe, that is some going. And I'm glad it's an Australian. You beat an already out the gate by three deaths by one descipelt I should say less than one decil.
Speaker 2: Don't you worry about Yeah, I did see that he had so he had scored some other world record for archery or some shit like this. So this is a guy that with respect now, and I'm not I'm not mad at this. I'm just pointing it out that there are people in this world who will sit down with the Guinness Book of World Records go through it for things they think they can beat, and beat them like literally, like and not high jump our world's longest fingernails or anything like that, just like very very niche. You know, most arrows shot in ten seconds, most loudest human being alive.
Speaker 3: And most most most beer mats flung at somebody's nose.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, if I had more time on my hands, I think i'd like I think we would do we should try and attempt one of these. Just pick a fucking stupid one that we could try and attempt.
Speaker 2: Let's let's throw it. Throw it out to the Tom Jerry AI, which is the Tom and Jerry listenership. Please listen, Please please scan the Guinness Book of World Records and let us know in the comments what you think we will be able to break now for that time, I want to ask you one question before we made off of this segment. So that's the loudest a human being has ever been? One hundred and twenty two point one, not four. That's about loud motherfucker. Yeah, in your lifetime. And I know we never record these things, but what do you think is the loudest you have ever yelled? What's the loudest noise you've ever made?
Speaker 3: You think decibel wise?
Speaker 2: Just and just just just what springs to mind to you when you go, that's the loudest I've ever been, definitely.
Speaker 3: Shouting at the young flap from two hundred yards away. One that is the one like that makes I have quite I've developed quite as I look, it's from years of playing clubs really bad sound too, you know what I mean, And you just kind of developed a way of throwing your voice. But it there is now a look that all the other parents give me on the side of the pitch on my young flaws arsen around are more often than not stuck in a fight. And it's a bark more than an Actually, I don't know what you'd call it, but I.
Speaker 2: Can hear you, Tominate, you wouldn't be like, Hi, I need you to run up the sideline and get the ball. I wouldn't say all that is the one level. I just say like the initial Hi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a earbust and bark. And I didn't I didn't really consider it on ttil it was said to me. It was like mother, Like people have said it to me, mother, jeezus, we can hear you three pitches over, but just that one bark and I think it got tested. And I'll tell you it wasn't the loudest of it, but it was probably the longest consistent time I had to I had to stay louder. The microphone broke on me in Vicker Street to a full house, now that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to hold on three separate occasions until I was able to wrap the cable around my fist, you know, to white knuckle at and just grip. And it broke three times on me and probably a total of maybe five minutes of silence or no microphone if you get me. And there I cast my voice to the point where they gave me a run of applause that they could hear me. Okay on the back wall. So to eleven hundred people. If I if I offended you with the sound of a continuous bark for five.
Speaker 2: Minutes, that's tough going. That is tough going because, like you know, I've never played a room that size. Nobody's ever booked me for but I never played the room that size. But I remember even in smaller rooms if they didn't have a mic or the mic didn't work. It's it's a different level of loudness because it has to be loud enough that it carries to the back wall and everybody can hear you, but not that you're just fucking deafinite in the first three rows, just because.
Speaker 3: You're rare, And that's exactly.
Speaker 2: It's very It's been able to really do it a couple of times, and I was always proud of myself when I did. And a lot of the times it was people at the back couldn't hear you, people at the front could hear you too fucking much. Very very interesting skill, very intill I.
Speaker 3: Think they'll genuine though. The loudest shout I ever did was from galty More go on up up the mountain years ago. Climb the mountain. It's an amazing climb. Fuck may it's some climb. It's and stunning when you get up there, like you can down near seat to fucking manhand from there.
Speaker 2: But it's the.
Speaker 3: Mountain range here of the galties and for the fun of it when you up there that far. I roared for everything I was. I was the loudest that my voice ever, I think ever got to not measured, but it would have. You could not do it in an environment with any amount of humans around you, if you know what I mean. It was grotesque in its loudness.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like the one I did now I can. I can tell you now how loud I've ever been. Maybe some people that tell me otherwise, but this one definitely now I remember it's comedy related as well, Tom, But I wasn't carrying my voice to eleven hundred people in Vicker Street. I'd driven up from a in fucking sour form. I'd park behind Sinning World or Parnell Street. I'd walk to my gig. I died on my fucking hole in the middle of the week with work in the morning, and I mean I died on my aarsh and it wasn't in a particularly nice week. I knew I'd I got ripped a bit by a customer that day and another one coming in to do it for me in the morning. I got paid twenty four euros in change, so I was down money even from leaving the house, walked back to the car and the car was.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: No. One hundred and twenty euro straight off the bat. So for those keeping count, I'm minus ninety five euro in profit before I even put petrol or told towards it. Oh Jesus Christ, the fucking worst gig I've done in a year. And I was in sour form as well, and I got clamped, and it's fucking half eleven at night in Dublin. I have to wait around for an hour to get this clamp taken off, to drive back the morning, to be up at work at eight, you know, eight o'clock in the morning, to get bollocked by a customer and around the clamp crowd. I said, please come in on glat me credit card payment over the phone and I sat into the car, shut the door, put me two hands on the steering wheel and.
Speaker 3: Fucking let loose with just a raw.
Speaker 2: For the fucking world to hear. And if it had been a movie, you would have seen like the windows of the camera smashing and the lamp post smashing and everything. I don't know how long I held it for Tom. She's like, honestly thought I was going to blackout because I was roaring that much. I could see spots in front of my eyes. But I just let everything out of me. And I'd say, if you were to put the decibel meter on me that evening, Tom, I'd be giving mister bate Up a run for his money. Go away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a guttural fucking pain that can come out of a man, you know what I mean, Like, I don't think it's even a conscious thing. It's from your fucking soul. At that point, I think, and.
Speaker 2: I'll be you know, we're not a deep podcast. But I never forget thinking that that roar had been in me for about a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I get some pieces.
Speaker 2: And fucking and various, like I'll say about it this time, and I'll let that slide and care. It wasn't wild about that, but I let it slide and all that was in me and I come out and the fucking car was clamped and my seven minutes got no fucking laughs. And I had some decent new bits in that. Oh yeah, I can good people a parallel street might have wondered what that fucking where Wolftown was there is.
Speaker 3: You've seen these kind of you know, these Californian deads. Little do you see like you know, you see clips of their of their group therapies where they're singing, you know, real fucking flutey ship like or but it's like a weekend retreat where they're deep and they do this roaring thing into stream and you had the primal scream and you're like you clearly never worked in construction any.
Speaker 2: No, but I will tell you one thing time I let that fucking roar out of me, and by the time your man came to unclamped the car, I was grateful.
Speaker 3: You see I I yeah, Sometimes I think, Jerry, you're quite an man, and like you're you might you would have, unbeknownst to yourself, you might brush over, you know, moments where you should have last your fucking rag. Yeah, you know, little by little, but I think that was for you. Now, that was like somebody piling a fucking boulders on top of a lav a fucking pitch. Yeah, and he was you know, you should let a bit of lave out all the time, like a little bit not at the end of your you know, you're enter of your robot fucking.
Speaker 2: Piss that was about That was about fourteen years ago. I feel have another one fucking rom Maybe you have.
Speaker 3: To record it, so fuck you, Joe, Joe bas Joe.
Speaker 2: You enjoy that record where they can get it. Folks. Okay, we're gonna bust on here now to the last segment of the Tom and Jerry Show. We don't just remember the times we were roaring and shouting about the list. We remember other shit as well, down through our wonderful lives on our forty some odd years on this rock. Take a look back at the life we've lived on the show and a segment called we Remember when There we Go.
Speaker 3: When I was a young lad twenty or thirty or forty years ago, you got there in the end, I gotta tell you, Yeah, you went dancing around houses there. This is in all fairness, this is a salute. This is a salute, and this is a this is a.
Speaker 2: This is a two robotic penis salute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know, and we've done this a couple of times this year where we remember when it has been like there is a new movie coming out and we're like, well, we remember when the first one of them came out, and.
Speaker 2: It's the sequel twenty years later. Yeah, or it's a fucking series that ran now on and and and we're not going to do it past this, But fuck me, this really has been the year where they revisited every fuck goddamn thing from down through early years, Tom, whether it be Toy Story, Masters of the Universe, or the Devil Knows What. Yeah, and this week Jackass, it is.
Speaker 3: Jackass, the final one, and they're saying that this is it. The canoe no more like they let me.
Speaker 2: Tell you, Tom, their physically can do no more.
Speaker 3: No they can't. They to be honestly, I'm amazed to so many of them still functioning, do you know what I mean? Like with the ship they've done, Like I think Johnny Knoxville might be in need of actually a mechanical penis. I think he's making got bad.
Speaker 2: I have actually seen the new movie Jackass best and lasts in cinemas. Now, if you are like me and and Tom, I don't know what your mindage was on Jackass.
Speaker 3: Were a fan I did when it was empty and when it was on MTV, Yeah, because it dropped right in my that was my wheelhouse era was MTV, the nineties, the nineties really up into the early two thousand, into the early.
Speaker 2: Two thousands, and that kind of thing. If you're a Jackass fan, go see the new movie. It's great crack and it's an it's a good night out come the end of it. But Johnny Knoxville can't take a blow at the head anymore.
Speaker 3: No, he's had something like seventeenth. Yeah, he's quick Foley.
Speaker 2: He just why are all my heroes going to cost?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he's had something like seven, Like his brain isn't a bad ahead fucking away and yet he still does.
Speaker 2: Like and the rest of them main far behind it. Now, I will tell you that.
Speaker 3: You know, well, you've got to imagine somebody like Steve O or Chris Pontis. They've done horrible things to themselves, like Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Here here's the thing, Okay, so we'll we'll take you back because we were early adopters. And like when we say we remember when there's not when we were wee boys or anything like that. But when Jackass came out around about the two thousands. Tom. Both you and I were like nineteen or twenty, and I feel like we were just the right.
Speaker 3: Over, were perfect blokes. You know it was it was felling our age.
Speaker 2: Are there or there? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, And and and what it was for. If you have no idea what Jackass is, it was, it's so hard to describe what it was when you saw it first on TV. But basically, what I always felt was it was a natural progression of two things. Number One, the candid camera style prank show, which we'd seen since we were kids. Beadles about that kind of thing. Yeah, Nole's horse Party, hidden camera playing pranks and things on the public. And whereas Nole's House party and builds about we're general, we're gentle, sort of Oh we've delivered a ton of sand to your house and you didn't order it and it's in your patio. You know, this kind of thing, you know, Jackass was more like, Oh, you were waiting for a bus and then two lads started swinging thumps at each other right in front of you, and you had this kind of thing. And the other thing I feel it was a natural progression of was America's funniest home videos, or you've been framed as we would have seen over here where it was people with camp quarters who just so happened to catch their husband getting hitting the balls by a football kick by their kid, you know, someone falling over accidentally caught footage on a cam corder, and jack Ass, I feel like, turned around and said, well, everybody laughs when the kid throws a baseball and it hits the dad in the nuts on America's Funniest Home Videos. Why don't I just throw a baseball and hit a man in the nuts real purpose?
Speaker 3: And you see, it felt right at the time that I think they would called it the attitude era in wrestling, But the attitude there was an attitude era throughout all of that time, like there was everything was getting a bit naughty. Stuff you couldn't really do nowadays, a lot of to carry on, like it wouldn't just be so breaking up the seal. Even with Jersey Spier it was like, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, should this be on TV? Is this you had like that you did the bowel stuff going on in wrestling? Use you know, olymp biscuits were out there in em and the charts. Yeah, you know, olymp Biscuits were calling their you know, their their album the Chocolate Starfish, like you know what I mean. And there was always a bit of there was a there was a brand of bowldness coming out of people.
Speaker 2: There was this kind of thing and and like MTV was the place for it, because yeah, you weren't just gonna put this out on TV, but MTV just wanted programming for kids, for for teenage and early twenties. And here's the other thing as well, when we talk about the Tom and Jerry Show, when we talk about we remember when one of the things you cannot discount is we were around for the birth of the Internet. Yeah, yeah, as as we know it. And I have said it several times on the show that the Internet was built on funny videos. Yeah, it was formed funny videos that you know. Here's a video of it of a pole vault that jumps and he catches the pole on his balls. And here's a video of a skateboarder falling off and breaking his leg. And here's a video of this, that and the other. And Jackass really just said, what if we had a twenty minute show and it was just that, what if it was two lads, one of them puts the other in the shop and trolley and pushes them into a bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the I something I'm gonna I'm going to list off some of my favorite pranks that they just did did on each other, and some are in pranks. It was absolutely set up, you know what I mean, Like they Okay, you're gonna just stand there and let us shoot you in your jocks with paint pulls. But then they would just get very funny. They have like they likes a Preston who was about Turkey Stone swinging like.
Speaker 2: A I'm gonna go through the cast now here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know they'd have him swinging like a wrecking ball and knocking over we man like. But I think I think my favorite was the Giant Hand. I don't know why. I found it so funny every single time. Remember the giant hand, and they'd have it spring loaded around the corner in the house or in a office and they just walk around and it's like five foot by four foot, fucking Pam, we just smacked the ship out of whatever.
Speaker 2: Stop being funny, And it's the most fucking wily coyote.
Speaker 3: That's why I liked it. It was so stupid.
Speaker 2: It's just a cartoon come to life, and some of the stunts were fucking beyond the pale, to the point where they couldn't put them on the show. The very first ever film jackass stunt was Johnny Knoxville shooting himself in the chest with a thirty eight revolves. Yes, yeah, yeah, and that's the kind of a k is funny at home videos a dad gets hit in the balls by with a baseball at the sun throws. Okay, well, how about a twenty two year old man gets shot just with a revolver like it's it's it's a madness to it, And as Tom says, there sometimes there were just incredibly funny pranks played on the public. Beatles about Style. One of my favorite track cass bits nobody gets hurting this Nobody gets hurting this time is they've set up sort of like a building side kind of a thing with porta potties along the foot path. But there's a bus stop there and people are just naturally queuing for the bus and Preston, one of the one of the cast members who's like a big dude, he's the he's the big heck a chunker that they have. Yeah, he walks past the bus stop. So he walks past all the people complaining that, oh god, I got a ship, I got a wicked ship on board. And he goes into the porter potty and you hear like the diarrhea sounds and all this, and when he's finishing, ah, and then we man who's like the little the little person dressed identically say him come walking and he's wiping his like I'd give that a minute.
Speaker 3: And that was really smart.
Speaker 2: Ass is fucking Oh it's low level comedy and it's all, you know, like there's no thought goes into it. It's just lads getting hit by the balls. Yeah, there's lads getting hit by the balls. But you know what there is also every now and then to Tom the funniest fucking thing you've ever seen them.
Speaker 3: Also the nobody getting hurt one. Some of those are the smartest ones. Like they had a they like just causing rage in places, you know, and there was the rebellious spirit of them. They they put it like an airhorn and a golf car, remember that one, and just driving and driving and our lads would go because outlets take golf so serious and they're so slows and they see these youngsters with tattoos and stuff, going, ah, we're talking about the tea off, and it just never stopped to be funny because they got angrier and angrier. All these fellas.
Speaker 2: Worse and worse, and it's all just real reactions. And again, when we started watching this, this was like in the birth of like reality TV, and again the birth of the internet. Phones had cameras but nothing you'd film on, so it was it wasn't really these days. You know, you can see open your Instagram reels and flick through it and you'll see one hundred fights on Dublin streets. You'll see so and so falling down, face plans on a built and sits all this kind of thing. We hadn't access to. None of that. You got it once a week for twenty minutes with an episode of Jackass. And not everybody was on that train. Tom. I know there's a lot of people going like, fuck, can you watch this?
Speaker 3: This is? This is I know, and I appreciated people saying that, but they didn't. It's almost like the Kardashian effect. I look at that and go that show shouldn't have made it past the pilot. Yeah, but it's bubblegum for the whoever's one, what the heart. I still don't think the fuckers should have made it as big as they are because they're absolutely vacuous cons. At least these fellas are going out writing script and trying to create content and getting themselves really fucking hurt.
Speaker 2: Well, this is it now. So if you if you propose a show where it's America's Funny at Home videos, but we kind of do it on purpose. So instead of somebody accidentally falling down a flight of stairs, it's someone holding their hand up and volunteering to be pushed down a flight. That's fine, but you need someone that volunteers to be pushed down a flight of stairs and jackass assemble the crew of lads who were okay with that, Yeah, they got their hand up and said, we're skateboarders, so we're used to falling down. Yes, we're clowns. Like Steve O is an actual I don't mean to say he's a clown, he's an actual train so he knows how to walk on Stilton, take a fall, and juggle fire and all this kind of shit. Exhibitionists who don't mind wandering around in the nip and a couple like guys who are you know? The crawl at the front of Jackass says, these guys are trained professionals, trained at what is up for debate, but a lot of them were amateur stuntmen and whatnot, and somehow they fucking made it work. Johnny Knoxville was the ring leader, he was the poster boy, the front man. You had Steve O, who you know, had his drug problems before, but he seems to have sorted himself out now and I quite like his content that I've seen so far. He does a sort of halfway.
Speaker 3: He's doing a bit of stand up now as well.
Speaker 2: There's a bit of stand up, there's a bit of podcast. And he's no Tom and Jerry, but we like him. Yeah. Chris Pontius, Now here's one for Chris Pontius. There was a time, Tom, in the mid two thousands you could not get Chris Pontius out of Dublin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he seemed to be in Dublin a lot, was it on the session water Are you a woman here?
Speaker 2: Why not? Both? Tom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fair enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yes, Indeed he married an Irish woman who I want to say, he married an Irish woman and they lived in a voca or some such fuck. I think you're right that just and he was married and if he's not, if he's not still married to other than are only recently divorced. But yeah, no, he would come over and she couldn't fucking move. For Chris Pontia has been in Dublin. You in Preston and Wee Man and they were a duo, Preston with a big, big, big dude. And I've seen the new movie and man Gero has not found him just yet. Tom. He's still He's still a big boy. I wee Man is still a wee man.
Speaker 3: I can confirm that Chris Pontius is no longer married to Claire Nolan from Dublin Claire Nolan that ended in twenty thirteen thirteen. He's married to may Kuda, often known by her Instagram handled Lady Boner sixty nine. So do you know what? Sometimes also from a voca, So she got that from her mother actually, but I think she is Lady Boner. She Lady Bonne. She was actually she worked in a beef processing plant for prior to me Prontiers here the last.
Speaker 2: Two we had we had Aaron McGee who was always I always like they were just sort of like they didn't shop nobody has wanted to, and.
Speaker 3: They felt so set, Like I remember getting shot with chickens, frozen chickens that they put into a mulchuer, you know, like a wood chip, and it would come out in bullet hard chunks, and he like he was so sad, like it.
Speaker 2: Was just terrible, Like it was just terrible. And then the final Due are no longer in the core group for various reasons. Bam Margero, but Donald had his own shows, has had his drugging and alcohol problems lately. Tom I fucking never liked Bam and never like him.
Speaker 3: Beaten up by the parents and like and the parent was.
Speaker 2: Like a fucking winge.
Speaker 3: He was, he was a winter and he seemed like a spoiled I think he was from a wealthy fan. I think April and and I Field they were fucking wealthy before. He's all the gold fellow who was spoiled, you know that kind of way.
Speaker 2: So there was just some fucking hitching his giddy up and his best pal and one of the best jackasses, Ryan Dunn good Lad had his trouble with the drink. Doing his ultimate demize the ran his car up into a tree and is sadly no longer with us and his his his, his, his absence has felt and then like in the newer movies that brought in a half dozen newbies to take the hits that the ol lads couldn't take anymore. And they don't have it, Tom, but they don't.
Speaker 3: They don't have it because they had all in all fairness, they had all varying personalities, and you would really see it come out when they're all in sheer terror, especially together, you know what I mean. So if they were doing like remember they called it the Toro totter, and I was like a sea sort of went up and down in four different directions with a fucking like a prize bull, bullfighting bull running for.
Speaker 2: The sake of my fucking life, because like it was one thing Tom to be put into a shopping trolley and pushed into a bush. I kind of know what's going to happen here. I hit this a flip, I go into it, al alaomy back, I'm in the bush. So it's not gonna be nice. I kind of know what's gonna happen there. When they did ship with bulls, yeah, I'm like, no, you could get fucking killed. You could get murdered into the ground. There's no, it's all. It's all horns and ribs and fucking ball sacks. No, my heart wasn't in mouth. Anytime they had a live animal involved.
Speaker 3: Cups were probably the only I was trying to think of safety. They did wear crotch cups all right, when they were about to get shot in the cock with like you know, to put that was about the only safety. The odd time they were a helmet if they were up high or whatever. But I mean, how they were allowed to get that pat Like some many things past, like there was one, there was one that I still see every so often. There was genuine panic in the entire cast. And it was they were all in a limo. There was a rake of bees, yeah, put into the limo. So it became the swarming high locked in a fucking limo. And they there seemed to be genuine all of them, like they were laughing at giggling at the beginning. But then it's like real fear kickin, like.
Speaker 2: We're getting we're getting fucking stung.
Speaker 3: To death here, Yeah, inside the limo, like it's it's and look.
Speaker 2: Tom in the twenty five years since the track ass came to our screens. First, we remember when a whole bunch of imitators shows and the UK.
Speaker 3: Tried to have a version of those thirty cente They were all Welsh fellows who were just doing six ship to each other.
Speaker 2: None of it took no, none of it was any good. And because people never understood that what we liked about Jackass wasn't watching people for each other. It was watching those airline lads just be parsed together. They were the draw.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the giggliest like I can't remember whether the Steve O did it, but they put hot wheels up his hole?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was That was Ryan Ryan. And let's tell you remember that if you had.
Speaker 3: The same one.
Speaker 2: When Ryan Dunn died. When Ryan Dun crashed, someone tweet was like Ryan Dunn died the way he lived with bits of car up his hold.
Speaker 3: But they go into a hospital or a clinic that can get it. Yeah, because there's something wrong about I just feel something about And now they goes and get an extra and there's a fucking car up his hole and like the doctor's going, what how the hell did that get there.
Speaker 2: It's exactly whole. He's looking at the x ray. He's looking at the x rays exactly and is I don't remember eating that.
Speaker 3: But they're all laughing so hard. You can put yourself in that position like with your mates, like if someone of the boys did that, it was fucking mad, like maybe it was inspired at the time. I remember get losing a dare, and we didn't dare each other that much because we weren't that childish. But I remember losing the dare to get my entire upper body waxed. And I'm a hairy back, like hairy shoulders, fucking mad, hairy chest. There I've yet sustained like I can take one bang, like I've burst my finger wide open with a club hammer, Like I can take one bang but continuously. I mean, it is fucking gon to Anamo Bay when your when your skin or your body or your mental health isn't ready for that on a Saturday afternoon, as your twommates are outside the window with jackass level tears flowing down their face because they can hear me person inside the Oh that poor little Asian lady she had, she she kept unapologizing like.
Speaker 2: She hearing her money that she did.
Speaker 3: And she she kept offering to stop, and I'm like, you can't fucking stop. I got to finish this.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe Jackass struck a chord with us when I think they did nobody else because we're could She's like, you know, because like I remember being younger, and you'll be there with your piles and be like, which one of us is going to hold onto that electric fence?
Speaker 3: Which one of us is going to climb in the back of that calf and see how long you stay on?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Which one of one of us is going to do this one bit of fucking mad ship because we're bored, because the all else to do, because it just occurred to us that very second and fun we've not go for we want to onto the electric fence. I can get a Joel on the rest of Boston, the holes laughing. We I don't know, maybe that maybe something of that appeal to me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, you're one hundred percent that that's exactly where it's coming from.
Speaker 2: That's now I know, Now I know, And and there you go, tomm like, I mean, that's what it is. As the Jackass kids. As Jackass has aged, so have we there of an age where they can't do this ship anymore, and we're of an age where you know what, Tom, we can't do it anymore. If you dared me to hold on to an electric fence, I would tell you no. And I don't know when I would be in the presence of an electric fence. I chase is gone.
Speaker 3: Chasing those goats last year they broke out and went across Dale, and I talked about it on this and I went across Dale and down Glenn and over river, through bog, through fucking marsh and I finally found him. But anyway, I got a belt of an electric fence. And I'm not sure there. Have I gone super soft or had this thing been wired to the fucking mains or something, because I got a belt off a chair and I could smell my nose hair is burning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that can't be right, Kenneth. It was never you've got a belt of an electric fence time. You probably didn't have nose here.
Speaker 3: Now you're talking. Now you're talking.
Speaker 2: It's one of the most pressing issues in my life. This is it.
Speaker 3: As I said to the barber, I'm gonna come in to get the eyebrows and earstrimmed like if you can tidy up the rest, great, but other than that, Christ and Christ above. Yeah, so there we have it.
Speaker 2: There we have it. You folks. If you have a favorite jackass stunt down, please, God damn it, let us know. Let us know all these things and more in the social media comments. You will find us the Tom and Jerry Show at Tom and Jerry Show on Instagram. Tom would a tea, Jerry would a g You'll find me at Jerry McBride on Blue Sky, Tom's haunt of choice his Instagram. What else do we want these fine people to do?
Speaker 3: Tom, make sure, as as Jerry pointed out, if you can throw it through some of the world the world Guinness Records, let's try and find a niche, mundane one that two middle aged blokes with semi fitness could give a go to together to try and do together.
Speaker 2: And not hold on to an electric fence. We've we've we've told you we're not doing that.
Speaker 3: If we have any of the Robot Mickey recipients, we would love to hear it.
Speaker 2: We'll have it.
Speaker 3: We don't have guests. We've had we had a series old series having guests on before worst gig ever, go find that in the back catalog. I swear to God if we get.
Speaker 2: To talk to we'd like to talk to robot Mickey recipients. We'd also like to talk to robot Mickey recipient recipients.
Speaker 3: Now you're talking or partners whatever on the on it, we.
Speaker 2: Need to you've had that pleasure of experience a robot Mickey. Let us know in the comments I had that comments section, Philip want.
Speaker 3: With your old Steve Austin flute on you there? Yees, So do go ahead and hit subscribe. Whatever platform you're on, you can now leave comments. Please do and give us the five stars. If you can't on this one, other not as well share it. That'd be great. Tell everybody about it. I do. I. I meant to send this on to you just so you can post it because we we've talked agnosed him about this particular sporting event, but it just went on last week. The final level was on last weekend. It was the twenty ninety six Championships of Calcio Historical Fiorentino jer You know they where they punched the living shed at each other and pretending it's a game of netball. The Blues the Assouri won it this year, and it had been the Reds for so long, of the Blues of Santa Crooke, and they beat the Reds. The Rossi lads, I watched the highlights, a fucking epic. I mean it was tremendous viewing right up there with the wheel of cheese.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, folks, that's it. I've been Jeremy Brady. He's coming on many.
Speaker 3: Good luck, good luck.