Speaker 1: It's NIC's eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm going easy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, twentieth hour of the week.
Speaker 4: Look, for those of you who are new to Night's side, the twentieth hour of the week for years has been the.
Speaker 3: Last hour we do. We're running your five nights a week.
Speaker 4: I think everybody knows that four hours a night, eight to midnight, so that twenty hours. So we reserved the last hour of the week to kind of lighten up a little bit. Okay, I thought we were going to do kind of a light hour last hour. It didn't turn out that way. In the twentieth hour of the week, everyone gets a hall pass, meaning if you've called once earlier in the week, you're eligible to call now. So my question tonight, and I'm going to give you a minute to think about it. I'm going to give you a couple of minutes a think about it. Never done this one before, to the best of my recollection, if you could meet anyone in the world right famous person, you want to tell me your old girlfriend, that's okay, and spend dinner. You're not paying for it, Okay, we'll pay for it. Hypothetically, not in reality. You could have two hours or two and a half hours, drink or two before dinner, lovely dinner. Everything from appetizers, soup to nuts, as they say, dessert, fine wine, whatever. Who would that or if you're a non alcoholic whatever, who would that person be?
Speaker 3: What are the the person? One has to be alive.
Speaker 4: A lot of times we've done this before, people would say, well, I would have loved to have met A. B. Lincoln or loved to have met Jesus. But no, got to be someone who's alive.
Speaker 3: It could be.
Speaker 4: It doesn't have to be someone who's a political leader. It doesn't have to be someone It could be someone who's a movie star, famous athlete. You know, if you want to tell me you want to meet your high school teacher who impacted your life and you don't know where that person is, you can say that too, Okay, they fit in that category. You just have to tell me who it would be and why, simple as that, and you can span the there's eight billion people in the world, eight billion people in the world, and who would it be? I have and by the way, I'm I don't think anyone's gonna come up with like something that's going to surprise people.
Speaker 3: But that's okay, love to know why. I have a couple of.
Speaker 4: Thoughts which I'm going to hold off on, but people who I would really love to meet six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty.
Speaker 3: We do this. This is just gives me some insight into my audience. That's all, okay.
Speaker 4: And by the way, it could be a movie star, can be a pro athlete, can be a famous person, can be a can be an author. It might be someone I've never heard of, but it might be someone who you really want to meet. I mean, I don't know whoever it would be. I will tell you that we've had I think a pretty good week here on Nights side. We've had a lot of new callers this week, which I always appreciate. They've identified themselves as new callers. But just to give you a sense of the week, we talked about President's Day on Monday night, a little bit of a history of President's Day. We talked about the snowy owls which are here in New England as they come every year during the winter time. When they leave the cold of the Arctic they go back home. Talked about the price of eggs and well seasoned recipes. We talked about a TV show dealing with Atlantic bluefin tuna. Talk with Professor Jeffrey Myron of Harvard University. He's the head of the economics department at Harvard University Undergraduate and he his hour will be replayed this Sunday night at eleven on Best of Night Side. Talked a little bit about the cold weather with ACU weather meteorologist Isaac Longley at ten o'clock on Monday night, and continue to talk about the coldest February in many years here in New England Tuesday Night. Talked about an uptick in pedestrian fatalities with Mark Shield Drop of Triple A. Talked about getting from doubt to do with an author named kat O'Sullivan. Talked about credit card debt and estate planning. Talked about gen Z they have telephobia. Talk with Jeff Robinson Sarah cob of the ADL about anti Semitic materials that the Massachusetts Teachers Association was circulating.
Speaker 3: To their union members.
Speaker 4: The next day they decided to withdraw those materials, and I congratulate Jeff Robbins and Sarah Cole for joining us and the timing of it. Maybe we had some influence on that. We'd spent an hour reacting to that Hummas propaganda that the mass Teachers Association was so glibly making available to their teachers. Asked the question, is Elon Muska hero or a villain? We had interesting reactions to that. Wednesday Night talked about endangered species in Massachusetts. Talked about a great thing at the MSPCA this week where you can adopt dogs, any of them that are over the age of one, for free. Normally it costs about four hundred dollars in different fees, but they are free at the the the Massachusetts Association of Society of Prevention of MSPCA Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Talk with vic Femia out of Northboro about the Dellman's Club, talk with Crystal at the State House News Service about White Stadium. Had Josh kraft On talked about that he's a candidate for mayor. Spent two hours on Wendy Night talking about some of the cuts that are being proposed by the Trump administration. Thursday Night talked about Tanglewood's set schedule coming up this summer with Alex Spear. Talked with Donna Williams about the Blackstone Heritage car trail walks, talk with Kaiva Kiva Schuler about peaceful parenting, and with Grace Warner again remind you they had that Red Bull snowboarding exhibition at City Hall tomorrow afternoon from two to five, talked about ticketing people who haven't shoveled their sidewalks in some of it. I think it's totally unfair. We did that for two hours last night, and by the way, they're doing the same thing in Boston. And then we talked about the baggage bin battles on airplanes across America. At eleven and tonight we talked about the soon to be opened Holocaust mus him here in Boston, hide the people hiding debt from their partner, and talk with Betsy Ann Manning about employers keeping tabs on employees. And talk with doctor Shira Dorone about a flu surge in Massachusetts. Doc with doctor John Friedman, a healthcare expert, about the cutbacks at Massachusetts General Brigham, and last hour, talked about how the Democrats can make a comeback. They're in a whirl of herd right now, so when we get back, I'm going to go right to the phones, and it's real simple. Who would you like to spend you know, a long, leisurely dinner with. You can pick their brains, lovely dinner, apps, wine, main meal, some dessert, maybe an after dinner drink. Who would it be? And it can be anybody who is alive today. We'll be back the only line that open. I have one, one line open, six, one, seven thirty. I try to come up with as many of these type topics as I can.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: There are some that are our evergreen, such as what grinds your gears and brushes with celebrity, which I love. But I try to do it differently as much as often as we can. If you ever have a suggestion for a uh please, I'm not going to do your favorite pizza place. Maybe I should do your favorite pizza place some night. Maybe that'd be a good one. No, but I just we try to make you think here a little bit. We're trying to make you think going into the weekend, think about it.
Speaker 3: Who would it be? I don't know, maybe maybe some of.
Speaker 4: You out there would love to have a dinner, a nice leisurely dinner with a Taylor Swift. Everything's on the table coming back on night'side right after this.
Speaker 3: The lines are now full.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the window World Nightside Studios on' WBZ news Radio.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to the phones. The question is who would you enjoy of anyone in the world alive?
Speaker 3: Can't do a B. Lincoln anyone today.
Speaker 4: Let me start it off with Steve in New Hampshire. Steve, you were first this hour at Nightside.
Speaker 3: Who would you like to have a lovely dinner conversation with? Good two and a half hours? Who would it be? Steve?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 7: Dan, I promised you I'd call you glad to be here?
Speaker 3: Yes, So are you on the road? Are you on the road tonight? Or are you home?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: This is my three trip week. I'm in names were right down in four ninety five South. I'm heaving a scranting them from there, I go to York, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: By the way, I listened to someone the other day, one of the federal workers who had been dismissed, and she said that federal workers are the lifebot of blood of America. I disagree totally.
Speaker 1: You're the liruck drivers.
Speaker 4: Drivers, the people who drive products across the country because everything that we buy that we need to survive at some point spends the time, and it spends time in a truck. You guys are the road warriors. So I just want to say hats after all the truck drivers out there tonight.
Speaker 3: We're listening.
Speaker 7: I know you always compliment me when i'm you know, postgame on Facebook.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, and I know you appreciate.
Speaker 7: Us and I appreciate you. So this person, yeah, I I'm thinking I'm hoping not, but I'm sure they have said who their favorite person they'd like to sit down two hours do you with? So I'm going to give it a go, and I'm gonna give you a couple of hints because I like the hint game. I like to play a little game, usually with tangue.
Speaker 9: I'll do that.
Speaker 7: So I've known this person for indirectly for a whole year, Okay, and this person is I have a lot in common with this person. This person is very humble. He oh, I just gave it away. He is very patient with people. And I would love to sit down and have a two hour at dinner with mister Dan Ray do that. He's interesting because you've been around for a while and because I lived in Boston for thirty years and probably watched you but didn't know you like I know you now since I've been in the radio family at night side. But I would love to sit down and just hear your stories. And the only way I think I can get that accomplish if I go on to on the tour with you when you have your tours, we come up.
Speaker 3: With something, Steve, trust me, I'll like that.
Speaker 4: That is I'm I've done that with listeners and UH, believe me, you would you would be on the short list.
Speaker 3: Trust me, I'm on that.
Speaker 4: You'll leave your number, leave your number with with Rob and he can give you my direct line number.
Speaker 3: Uh, would you try to work something out? I I had. There was one of our listeners who lives over.
Speaker 4: In Scotland and she came back, uh for one summer and met her for breakfast down on the Cape. So it is I like to meet my listeners to be really you're.
Speaker 7: Very sociable like I am, and you love people.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and.
Speaker 4: We've done we've done, We've done some events and we're looking to try to figure out to do some other events too where it's not going to cost an arm and a leg for people. We so yeah, okay, you get on the call. S. I'm honest, honestly, I am humbled. I am humbled by mentioning me.
Speaker 7: All right, buddy, I love you.
Speaker 4: Right back at you do me a favorite? You give give a number two, Robin, I will well, yeah, we not gonna happened next week, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: We got some time hopefully.
Speaker 1: Okay, hopefully.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Let me go to Laurie in Idaho. I'm ever going to Idaho, Laurie. I'm looking up. Okay, don't worry, oh you.
Speaker 11: Tonight, Okay, excuse me, I'm doing all right. It's Friday, and it is supposed to be above forty degrees all week with rain and above preasing at night. And I've never been so excited about a forecast.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: We're to get some forties back here, and so we're hoping that someone.
Speaker 3: El snow is going to stock to melt it. Yeah, it's frozen solid back here. It's frozen. Solvet So, who want to be?
Speaker 4: Who would you love to sit down with and have a conversation with over maybe a drink and over leisurely dinner.
Speaker 11: In this day, in this moment, in whatever's going on, I.
Speaker 10: Would it would be Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a pretty obvious one, isn't it.
Speaker 9: That's okay?
Speaker 2: Well, it is it? Is it?
Speaker 11: What I really want to know is well, I would like to talk about The Apprentice with him, because he was I liked him on that show. But what I really want to know is how sick did COVID make him because he had a bad bout of it, and how how really did it disable him? If you will, with all the you know, the treatments and also the weird stuff they were doing to him, he was not himself during those weeks. So if he's honest enough to answer, I want those answers. I want to say, you know, when you when you get pinged in the ear, what was your thought right away? Which I think we know? And then five six hours later, what were you thinking? And then I'm going to ask him how much fun is he having?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 4: He probably is enjoying it immensely, But I got to tell you, I don't know how this guy does it on four hours sleep at night.
Speaker 7: No, you can do it.
Speaker 10: That's probably so much fun to watch, you know.
Speaker 4: And and particularly compared God love him to Joe Biden. I mean it, It is just astopshing when when you look back and you think about you President Biden, former President Biden, and the people in his group who were saying, this guy is on top of his game. He is as sharp today as he ever has been.
Speaker 11: And man, well, and there there are the Democrats who are complaining, well, we don't know everything that Trump's doing, or we don't know he's doing everything under everybody. He's not hiding anything, He's doing things he's allowed to do. And I'm thinking that these.
Speaker 10: People, do you remember the past four years?
Speaker 11: Did you ever know anything the president was doing? And you didn't know what he's doing that he wasn't doing it?
Speaker 10: Don't these people remember this?
Speaker 3: But well, there was all sorts of stuff. I remember.
Speaker 4: Some people who I know said that that they thought that he would cut funding to IVF treatments, and he's done just the opposite. He said that he wants more opportunity for people who are having trouble conceiving.
Speaker 12: Now again, I also.
Speaker 11: Think he throws a lot of pasta at the wall.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't absolutely, but but would you agree with me that he is literally taking up space rent free in the heads of a lot of people.
Speaker 11: Oh yes, you nailed that tonight.
Speaker 10: That was a great expression.
Speaker 3: Well it's not unique.
Speaker 4: I've heard it before, but I thought it really applied here that yuh. And there are some people who I know and I just feel that that. Look, he's gonna Trump will do what he's gonna do. If he really messes up, he'll get himself impeached again.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: If he doesn't mess up, uh, and he's able to do so many of the things that he says he'll he'll be he'll be even more popular.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 11: All we want him to do is set the country on the right path in four years, because he can't do it again and we need a correction.
Speaker 3: And the other the other day I saw him. He was saying, well, I forget what he was speaking. He was talking about, well, maybe I can run for a third term. He kind of he knows you count run. Everybody is.
Speaker 4: But I think people's heads exploded when they heard that. I think people's hair burst into flames across America.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: With the end, Oh my god, he's somehow gonna go for a third term because he's a dictator.
Speaker 11: It's like come on, and don't you think that was his intent?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Was his intent exactly?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's like the guy who lives next door to you, who you go over to and you say.
Speaker 3: Gee, can you kind of cool it a little bit on the flashing Christmas lights?
Speaker 4: You know, maybe the guy was all over the top, and two nights later he intensifies it three times.
Speaker 3: It's what the good you did asking him to cool it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Or the guy? Yeah, turned down?
Speaker 4: You know, I know you'd like to have a party out at the pool, but you know we got people over here.
Speaker 3: Too, and whatever.
Speaker 6: Boom.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all right, thanks Laurie, talk soon, have a great weekend.
Speaker 10: Thank you you too. Good night, good night.
Speaker 3: Let me go to Mary Beth in Hanover.
Speaker 4: Mary Beth, who would it be if you could have dinner and nice, leisurely easy dinner with anybody in the world.
Speaker 13: Okay, First of all, I'm just gonna say, Dan, you broke your golden rule right now. You guys went way off topic.
Speaker 3: So I'm to calling you which topic we're talking about?
Speaker 13: The second caller, I.
Speaker 4: Thought we would I thought we were talking about who would you like? And she was saying that she wanted.
Speaker 13: To happen with then you got into all the policy. I'm just messing with you, Dan, anyways, No, no, no, that's fine.
Speaker 4: No no, I I thought I stayed on it because because what I said earlier tonight was that that he's he's taken up space in people's heads were in free But go ahead, bring us back on topic, very bed.
Speaker 13: I'm messing with you. But anyhow, this is my favorite hour of the week. I love all the atwees is my favorite so because it's so light, you know, And I would love to sit down with Keith Urban.
Speaker 4: How about that he and he and his wife at home was just broken into Did you see that?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I did. And I have her too. You know, she's just you know, she's amazing. That both are. They're just decent human beings. He's just he's had his own, you know, like uh, struggles in life, and you know, he's just a decent person. I don't know, but I think she is too. So anyways, those are the kind of people I would just love to sit down with, you know.
Speaker 4: Refresh my recollection. I'm not good in the Hollywood stuff. I know he's married to a superstar.
Speaker 10: Who's he married to Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 3: Oh right, right, right, yeah, oh my god, yeah, the black son right, those in that areror movie.
Speaker 13: I don't think No, I don't think she was a black sown Nicole Cadwin did.
Speaker 10: Come on, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I told you, I don't know movies.
Speaker 13: Thought she was married to Tom Cruise. Yeah, right, and then she's a redhead girl, and oh my god, there's so many things.
Speaker 5: You just have to look it up.
Speaker 13: She's an amazing Australian actress.
Speaker 3: No. I know.
Speaker 4: The only story that I know about Keith Urban. My wife and daughter went on a trip I believe or not to Sydney, Australia. This is going to be ten twelve, no, maybe fifteen years ago, and they were staying at a hotel one a nice hotel in Sydney. And when they came out of the hotel in the morning, there was a huge crowd there. And you know how in the summertime, some of the morning talks, you know ABC Morning News or the CBS This Morning or whatever, they have sometimes an entertainer outside.
Speaker 3: They walked out the door and they were like five feet from Keith Urban, who was entertaining the crowd. How about that? And I said did you get a picture? Did you get an autograph? No?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 11: And I said, like.
Speaker 3: I said, who's Keith Urban?
Speaker 4: Ago?
Speaker 13: Listen, my my husband passed away on Valentine's State. It was eighteen years this year. So anyways, but we were never really Valentine's people. But he so I grew up with the country music that was, you know, yodling whatever, you know, that's fifty sixty seven. And so he kept my husband kept saying, and he was a guitar player in a band, but he kept saying, Oh you love this guy. I'm like, no country, no way. And it wasn't until after he passed. My daughter and I were in the car and this song came on. I'm like, oh I love this and she goes, mom, that's the guy dad said you would love.
Speaker 3: How about that? He knew you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well, and also country was totally not the same. Oh yeah, but anyway, you know, I just like, I just like good people, and I think he's a really good person.
Speaker 3: So but heard that, so Keith Urban.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we got we got Keith Urban and Donald Trump on the board and Steve Steve.
Speaker 13: Sell for me different side.
Speaker 4: Thanks very bad talk soon, have a great weekend. Okay, thanks by love. Back on nights Side right after this. The only line is listen carefully six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty.
Speaker 2: Back after this, You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w BEZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 4: Let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to We're going to pick it up a little bit. Glenn is back. Hey, Glenn, who would you like to have dinner with?
Speaker 9: Glenn? My favorite woman on planetar is Caroline Leavitt, Trump's press secretary. I don't know if you remember, but on weaved Day weekend of twenty twenty two, when she was a congresswoman, well she was running against Chris Tappis, and you had a show symbol. You said, who would you wait in line for five hours? And I said, Caroline Leavitt?
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow, Okay, Well, look I don't know. I do not remember that vaguely I do, but obviously you are holding a flame for Carolina Levitt, and she now has gone from unsuccessful congressional candidate to the Press secretary of the United States of America. That's quite a jump. She's pretty sharp, she' she handles herself pretty well.
Speaker 9: She doesn't she doesn't do the words there with Boogie Jam White and O KJP Yeah yeah, kareem jump here. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: But it almost seems like a long time. It's been a while since we've seen KJP. Mister a lot, mister yeah, oh yeah, man, we'll try to set it up for you, okay, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The thing I love about Carolina is she's polite, white, but firm in her answer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you. I like that style. That's kind of the way I'd like to be, you know why. You don't have to be nasty, absolutely, Glaire. Great, that's a great one, Glenn. If that's great. And you know what, Glenn, that's also one that's reasonable, that's doable. I mean, seriously, it's a girl from New Hampshire, young woman from New Hampshire, who knows maybe she's listening tonight. Oh, I'd love it if she calls us, we'll give her We'll.
Speaker 3: Give her your number.
Speaker 4: Fair enough, all right, there's a little hope for you. It's like in the movie Dumb and Dumber. Yeah, it might be a one in a million shot, but at least you got a chance, you know what I'm saying, Glenn, Right, Thanks, I talk to you all rights, keep rolling. You're gonna go to George and Belmont. Hey, George walking on the nightside.
Speaker 10: How are you good, sir?
Speaker 3: How are you doing great?
Speaker 4: So you know the question, who would you love to have dinner with? Anyone alive in the world today?
Speaker 5: The current Agat Khan?
Speaker 3: The current who.
Speaker 5: The Aga Khan?
Speaker 3: The Aga Khan?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Is he a religious leader I assume or political leader?
Speaker 5: Religious? He is the head of a segment of the Sunni Sect. I think that's about a million and a half.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure, Now why the Aga Khan and not the Pope or the or the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Speaker 8: Because I didn't know them. I met this kid when he was a young prince when I was in the Marines, and uh he was roommate's housemates with my nephew at prep school, and uh I got to know him as a young, shy, quiet kid that came from incredible wealth and lost.
Speaker 5: Track of him.
Speaker 8: And then his father passed away last week of believe before and he was annointed is the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did read that. And again, which is it? Is it the Sunni sect? That he is the head of.
Speaker 5: A segment of the Sunny Sect?
Speaker 3: I believe, yes, a segment, but you said representing how many people?
Speaker 8: I think it's about a million and a half, okay, And my interest is kind of out of curiosity seeing this gentleman that I knew as a young kid.
Speaker 4: Well, that would be fad. How old is this guy? How old is this guy today, George? Would you say fifty or so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's gonna be in his mid fifties now.
Speaker 8: And I guess what the real question I have is as we look around and everyone, you know, comments on the state of the world and all of the insanity in it, Let's say, here's a kid who kind of grew up and inherited this position, and I kind of want to know what his view might be now that he's effectively in the spiritual leader of a large segment of a group that we probably don't understand that well, So we take.
Speaker 4: You could ask to that very same question of King Charles in England. He was born into it as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I never knew him.
Speaker 4: I know, that's I think that's great. I think that's great. What prep school did you? Did you meet him at?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Phillips, Phillips andover.
Speaker 4: That's that's right up there. George, thanks for the call. That was a really interesting uh choice. Uh and you backed that up with the connection. Great call.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks time.
Speaker 8: And uh I'll tell you how Gary Lapierre got.
Speaker 5: Me promoted once too, but that's another story.
Speaker 3: Fair enough.
Speaker 4: Great guy, great guy, Garry LaPier one of my one of my heroes in the business. Trust me on that, there were none better. Thank you, George. I appreciate it. We're gonna keep rolling here and we're gonna pick up the pace.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Laurel, Laurel Jr. Laura, welcome back.
Speaker 9: How are you hey?
Speaker 12: Thank you for the welcome back.
Speaker 9: Dan.
Speaker 12: I wish you through happiness. I wish all your listeners through happiness, including the next call after me. Whoever that is, I would say it has to be someone who I look up to. It could be either or and you could pick either Tiffany Chen from Channel four, Kirsten Graven from nbc TM Boston, or Lauren Melendez from NBC T in Boston, someone who I look up to. H and also, Dan, can I just say thank you, thank you, thank you for your charity the Shadow Fund, the Lady Diane, she helped me out recently to pay for my cats PetVille Bill. Unfortunately, I had to put my cat down on Tuesday. He died of kidney failure. And I do have to ask you, just as a favor, if you can mention their charity a few times so in case anybody is in need of a PetVille. I kind of mistake, I kind of misunderstood her. The first time she helped me was a number of years ago, around twenty eleven. She said in the email that she could only help once, and I thought she met like once a year. Thankfully, she helped me this time around, and they can from what I understand, they could only pay up to three hundred dollars up to other than that, you want your own, you know so well.
Speaker 4: All I can tell you is Diane Sullivan is a saint in my mind. She's the assistant dean at the Massachusetts School of Law. She runs the Shadow Fund, which I support and my listeners support. I have at least one extraordinarily generous listener, a woman in Boston who is just over the top supportive of the a Shadow Fund. And it's a wonderful organization and has done so much good for different people. And I'm glad that it has helped you, and it sounds to me like I.
Speaker 3: Got those three names.
Speaker 4: I think you like you like you want to meet a female local TV reporter. That's the commonality there. Okay, thanks laua to someone to look up to. Have a nice to have a great weekend, Laura. We'll talk soon. Okay, have a great one.
Speaker 3: Good night you too.
Speaker 4: Let me go to Sylvia, Sylvia, going to get you in here. Sylvia is in Beverly, Massachusetts, Sylvia. Who would you like to have dinner with anyone in the world alive today that that you would.
Speaker 3: Like to meet?
Speaker 14: Yes, Dan, I would love to have dinner with doctor Thomas C.
Speaker 9: Freed.
Speaker 14: He is a professor and a brilliant researcher at Boston College who has tirelessly investigated the UH way to treat cancer and has come up with big building on another researchers knowledge too, of a way that you can have a non toxic treatment that does not kill and hurt other selves and it actually stops the beast. Wow. And he is firelessly. I would love it if you would have him on your program as a matter of that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you said doctor Thomas Freed.
Speaker 14: Is that F R I E B S F The S e y f r I E D. Boston College professor.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, hold on, hold on, you're going too fast for me. F E y.
Speaker 14: F is in Sylvia.
Speaker 10: He is an m.
Speaker 14: Why isn't yes C Freed.
Speaker 3: Se Okay, do me a favor, will you? I don't want to look. Do me a favor. Spell that for Rob, and Rob will give that to me after the show. Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get into a spelling contest. I misheard you initially at thet you said doctor Thomas Freed. But you give Rob the correct spelling, fair enough?
Speaker 14: Okay, Okay, that's great, all right. This man is a saint and he's absolutely brilliant, and he kissed deeply, and he's trying to get doctors to listen and to the science so that they can get the help they need to right.
Speaker 4: Okay, we will, we'll, we'll try to do something on that. Rob get his name, and if Sylvia has a number, that would be great as well. We'll take a quick break coming back on night Side. The lines are full. When Sylvia drops off, the line will be six, one, seven, nine, three, ten thirty Back on night Side.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night side studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got full lines. I want to try to get everyone in. Who would you like to have dinner with? Has to be a living person. I did this once before, and I'm going to tell you who I'd like to have dinner with at the end, and that person has not been named as yet. Let me go next to Julie out in spring Felt. Julie, welcome back. Always good to hear your voice. Julie, go right ahead.
Speaker 15: Hi Dan, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. Who's your dinner date?
Speaker 15: This would be Stephen Kinge, my favorite author of all time.
Speaker 3: Woh yeah, that would be interesting. That's a great pick.
Speaker 4: First of all, it's someone who everybody knows, and it's someone he's from Maine. He's a local guy, and he's a fascinating guy. I've seen him a couple of times at Red Sox games. He's a big baseball fan, as I'm sure you know.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, that's great. Have you read all his books about like where his stories come from? Where does he get these ideas? It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: I wish I had the time to read more stuff like that. I'm the stuff I read on a daily basis tends to be the matters of the moment because I have to be ready for my show. But I wish I had in retirement. I'm going to make it a point to read all of these books that I've missed, but he would be one I would read. Thanks so much. That's a great suggest That's a great one, Julie. That might be the best of the night, to be honest with you.
Speaker 14: Okay, all right, thanks, we'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend. Okay, good night. Let's keep rolling here.
Speaker 4: We're trying to get everybody in Christine, Christine, I'm going to be fascinating to know who you would like to have that dinner with you.
Speaker 3: I got two votes here.
Speaker 16: And you know who else to is Dolly Potton.
Speaker 4: Really well, that would be if we could get you, me and Dolly Parton together, said night, that would be a lot of fun. Okay, you too, take it easy, Christine, have a great one. That's good night. All right, let's keep rolling. Here're going to go to Mona in Halifax. Hey, Mona, haven't talked to you in a while. How are you tonight?
Speaker 16: Yes, hello, I was going to say the same thing.
Speaker 3: That's not my fault I'm here every night from you, you know, go.
Speaker 7: Ahead to Ireland.
Speaker 16: I was in Ireland.
Speaker 3: Oh were you? How long were you in Ireland back.
Speaker 16: In October for three weeks?
Speaker 3: Well you've been October.
Speaker 16: Pasted, visiting family and friends and cousins and a good time away.
Speaker 3: Yes, hope you had a great time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It hasn't Galway gotten.
Speaker 4: I remember being in Galway thirty years ago and he felt like it was a small town.
Speaker 3: Now it's just it was a big city.
Speaker 10: Yes, there, I was in Galway a year.
Speaker 3: Ago in September.
Speaker 10: Anyway, Yes, I heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so who would it be.
Speaker 16: If you have dinner with well you of course, but my second one day, Neil Diamond. I know you're not crazy about them. I don't think, but I love being think.
Speaker 4: I think he's a great entertainer and sweet Carolina at some time as at Fenway Park and.
Speaker 3: And the Red Sox, you know, seventh inning stretch. You know that absolutely, Yes, I know I listened.
Speaker 16: Yes, I heard that he has Parkinson's unfortunately, but he's still writing songs. I've heard, Yes, I didn't two years now. Yes, so the first time I saw him was in in the football stadium in Dublin Crow Park. Oh sure, I was visited. I was visited in Ireland. My sister Alice, who lives in Donegall, had seen it advertised and she said, Mona, let's go to see Neil Diamond. My mother was alive at the time. She said, oh no, Mona wouldn't want to see him, and I said, oh yes I would, so we did go. It was wonderful. And then I'll tell you Boston twice.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 4: I had been to Donegall and in my opinion, it's the most beautiful.
Speaker 16: Part of Ireland, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, many beautiful parts of Ireland. But I think Johnnie Gall takes the cake.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 16: Just My sister lives in Letter Kenny in Johnny Gaul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that one. I don't know that one.
Speaker 16: Yes, Inland.
Speaker 7: Yes, beautiful, beautiful, absolutely.
Speaker 3: So great, so great to hear your voice. Thanks so much for calling and you.
Speaker 16: Talk soon, okay, I hope, so thank you, Dan Slim laugh, good night, good bye, goodbye.
Speaker 4: Week bye bye. Let's go next to Jamie and Worcester. Jamie, you were next on night Side. Go on ahead, who would you like to spend a couple of hours, a nice leisurely dinner.
Speaker 17: With Believe it or not, I grew up loving Larry Bird from Boston. I'd love to have dinner with him and ask him why doesn't he come and associate with the championship teams we had two thousand and twenty four, two thousand and nine, you know, any special event we had.
Speaker 7: Why why is he his associate himself with us?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but let me ask he's is he still the general manager of the patients?
Speaker 7: I thought he no, I thought I did, That's what I mean. I thought he disconnected himself.
Speaker 17: I thought he retired from that and everything.
Speaker 4: So I don't know that, but I think it's a great and you know, Bird would be would be a fun guy to talk about the about.
Speaker 3: The the glory years. Absolutely.
Speaker 17: It was kind of like, I don't know. It just disappoints me that, like we know, we had these you know, these ship like Bob, who's he gonna his thing and his ring and stuff? And I'll be like, why why don't.
Speaker 7: You hear like, Okay, that's well, buy the crowd, you know.
Speaker 4: Let's see what happens. Maybe maybe he's listening in Indiana to time. We'll get him to come back. Thanks, Jamie. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I got two more. I got to get in okay, thanks, Okay, yeah, no problem quick, Thanks Jamie appreciated.
Speaker 4: Let me go to Steve in New Hampshire. Steve and got room for you and Tony and Rhode Island.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Steve. Who would it be?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 10: How are you having a good night?
Speaker 3: Having a great name.
Speaker 1: I know I'm Johnny come lately, but you would be number one.
Speaker 3: I thank you very much. You're too kind.
Speaker 5: I agree with you on so many issues.
Speaker 1: It's like I feel like I'm talking to myself when little maybe what.
Speaker 4: I should do is I should have a dinner and we could go somewhere and everybody. We'll figure that one out.
Speaker 1: I'll buy the court, I'll buy the course light.
Speaker 3: Okay. Who would it be?
Speaker 1: My favorite? And you're going to probably appreciate this too. Our former governor Chris and Nunu. He is such a nice guy. I know him personally. I've met him, you know, when he was running for reelection several times.
Speaker 4: Chris is a great friend, a high friend of mine. I'm going to have dinner with him in March.
Speaker 1: Actually seventy three percent approval rating in the state, which is incredible.
Speaker 4: Not bad, not b What I will do because when I when I see Chris in in March, I will tell him of a conversation.
Speaker 5: Fair enough, Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 1: And he also sent me a birthday card when he was governor.
Speaker 3: Not bad.
Speaker 4: Hold on to that one. I want to get one more in here, buddy. We'll talk soon. Okay, maybe we will come up with the game by dinner. We'll figure out. We'll figure it out. Thanks every good one. Let's go to Tony and Rhode Island. Tony, I think we're down about less than thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: What do you got for me?
Speaker 6: I was gonna say that there's a lot of choices, but moving the last call, it says it all with you. I'm singing young and we were a lot of issues and you're your first class professional.
Speaker 5: So we can talk.
Speaker 4: About why I am overwhelmed. I'm absolutely overwhelmed, Tony.
Speaker 3: Thank you, my friend. That's quite a compliment. Thank you, my friend. We'll talk soon. One more here.
Speaker 4: Let me see if I can sneak Chris. I got ten seconds. What can you do with it? Chris on the cape?
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Chris, two words Larry David and four more curb your enthusiasm and Seinfeld gotcha.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know who Larry David is. I enjoy curb your enthusiasm absolutely.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Chris. We're done for the night, done for the week. Thanks everybody, everybody for calling.
Speaker 4: Rob.
Speaker 3: Great job, Marita, great job. All end is always all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven.
Speaker 4: That's why Pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago this very month, that's where all your pets are, your past.
Speaker 3: They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Everyone, get out and enjoy the warmer weather. I'll see you Monday night and I'll see you on Facebook in a couple of minutes. Nights out with Dan Ray and Facebook.
Speaker 3: Join me there. Thanks Rob, Thanks Marita, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: All