Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: It is time now for our community connection right here on Gay one, the one you trust and from the greater Bartlesville area, a chamber of commerce. Sharry Welt is with us and Sherry, you're you're so busy, folks are gonna have to, you know, invest in.
Speaker 1: A pair of roller skates. Keep up with you. You got a lot going on, we do.
Speaker 3: Just telling you that last week was supposed to be our busy week.
Speaker 4: We had three events, different things, programs scheduled, and of course last week's weather played heavoc on everything, and everything got canceled and moved.
Speaker 1: We get winter about two weeks out of the year, and that was one.
Speaker 3: Of that was one of the weeks. But that's okay. We got leadership Martinsville in the.
Speaker 4: Week before, squeaked it in before the weather, you know, hit the hit the bottom.
Speaker 3: But it's so so Oklahoma, isn't.
Speaker 1: It so very Oklahoma?
Speaker 4: And we're in the negative numbers and now we're in the seventies, so it's it's amazing.
Speaker 3: But I am not complaining.
Speaker 4: I love the warmer weather. I'm ready for spring so here, although the snow is gorgeous.
Speaker 2: But I'm fun to look at nice to get away from it after a while, after a while.
Speaker 4: So anyhow, Yeah, so several of our events, like I said, got moved right now going on at the chamber this morning as we speak.
Speaker 3: We have our hot topics.
Speaker 4: I just loved it, and it's with Ironwood Business Consultants and it's on strategies for explosive growth, and I hated leaving. There were some really good things they were digging into. So that is a series that we're did in the fall, and we're doing in the spring, and this one, our next one will be was it March twenty sixth, and the topic is going to be on blossoming leadership and business growth. So it's building strength and adversity and develop resilience as a leader by learning techniques to navigate and thrive through business challenges and changes. So if you are a leader of your organization or a manager over your department or whatever, and sometimes you feel like you're facing adversity or swimming upstream or just you know, got those frustrations, all of their trainings have been very, very practical. It's things you can walk away with and really start applying. So I encourage you. It's for those are free. They're held with the Chamber of Commerce and Building, which is the old depot to a Ones Health Keeler and anyhow those that's I've really really enjoyed that series and it's been really good for our members. So that's just a kind of a tangible benefit for our members. We also our Women in Business luncheon last week got moved, so it's this afternoon today at noon, and that'll be a good one. It's a nutty day. And then let's see next week we have our oh no, then our Eggs and Issues also got moved. So this Friday is our Eggs and Issues breakfast. It's politics over breakfast. But this is our legislative preview. So they've now been in session three weeks. Our state legislature has been in session for three weeks, and we will be hearing from Senator Jillie Daniels and Representatives Judd Strom and John Kin, and they'll kind of give an overview of the session, what they see kind of coming down the pike, what they're working on, kind of what they see you know, coming down budget wise, that kind of thing. And there'll be some time for Q and a as well. So that is always a really popular event, even though it's early morning. Breakfast is seven thirty, line opens at seven thirty and then we start the program seven forty five. Each kind of play it by ear, but anyhow, it's a good hour over hour with our legislators. It gives our members that direct access. Some of our members, you know, could pick up the phone and call them, which anybody could pick up the phone and call our legislators. They are very responsive, but you know, we want to give our members that direct access to them because some people don't don't feel like they have that, or they may not know them, or you know, they maybe seen them and that's it, but we want to give them access to be able to hear from them. So anyhow, that's this Friday. So if you would like to attend any of those events that just register at artiswel dot com and you can register there. Legislatively, we are have started all of our legislative updates and so every Monday morning about nine thirty, we send out a newsletter on different bills that we're kind of tracking with the status is what's going on in the legislature. It's very easy, simple read. It's not doesn't take you're not waiting through you know, pages of white papers that you know we've gotten press release from and those kinds of things.
Speaker 3: It's just really easy to read.
Speaker 4: It's a quick read, but it gives you a good overview of bills that we're tracking. And I always say we track bills that are that affect business, not social type issues, because people are all over the map on those. But usually business for the most part, is united when it comes to things that affect Yes, exactly, So, I mean that's that's what we are.
Speaker 3: We we fight for business and for business.
Speaker 4: So anyhow that those have been coming out and we've gotten great feedback on those, and like I said, they go out every morning or every Monday morning at nine thirty so or around nine thirty so, lots going on.
Speaker 3: Do we have to take a break, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 4: We do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me do that and we'll come back with more after these words from Wesley and Kitty College and Arnold Moore and Niecamp.
Speaker 5: Funeral Home pre needs are completely transferable in the United States from funeral home to funeral home, and in Oklahoma that's especially true without any penalty at all for instance, if you decide you're going to retire and move to another state, and you find a funeral home that you're comfortable with elsewhere, you can take that already set up free need that you have at funeral home A, and transfer to funeral home bing. There's no problem doing that.
Speaker 1: Tim how long.
Speaker 3: Arnold Moore and Kneecamp Funeral Home.
Speaker 5: Sixty seventy years ago, Bob Farmer died. Joe business owner noon. Joe business owner hung a sign that said close for the funeral of Bob Farmer back at three pm. Hung it on his door, closed his door.
Speaker 1: No one would steal that sign.
Speaker 5: He would go to the funeral, as would many of Bob's friends. Now, if you're a grandson, you have to have proof that grandpa died so you can.
Speaker 1: Get paid for that day of leave. I've said it one hundred times.
Speaker 5: Death is an inconvenience to twenty first century America.
Speaker 3: But it's not at Arnold Moore and Mee Camp.
Speaker 1: Funeral It'll be all right. We'll walk through this together.
Speaker 3: Arnold Moore and kne Camp Punerial Hall, seventy ten. Dewey Bartles of their life.
Speaker 1: We'll walk through this together.
Speaker 6: When it comes to your children. It Choosing the right daycare is important. You want peace of mind knowing you're putting your child in the care of the best facility. Wesley and Kitty College is a DHS three star rated Christian facility that is accredited through NECPA and offer programs where each child's individuality is recognized and supported by loving and caring Christian teachers. For more about Wesley and Kitty College, some by seventeen eighty Silver Lake Road and see what they have to offer.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to our community connection right here on K one, the one he try to share. He wilt with the Bartinsfield Chamber of Conferences with us. And the month ahead is rapidly.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe February is almost over.
Speaker 1: Well, it's so short, that's true.
Speaker 3: It's amazing what two days in a month do?
Speaker 6: It does?
Speaker 4: It has flown by. It seems like we were just starting. In fact, this month is the finally we got our parking lot back because we were able to get the ice rint gone, move everything and make way for finally have our conference room back. I mean, if people can only see what our conference room looks like during Christmas. But it's finally all put back together, and it's it's like you feel so like your house has been cleaned, and just because it is just Christmas everywhere in that in our conference room.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so February finally, I mean it went fast. But I can't believe we Yeah, that drug out that long. But when you have cold weather, that's what happens. It doesn't melt. So but yeah, I know, we have a busy, busy month ahead in March. Like I said, I can't believe it's March. Kind of lose a week and there with spring break. Obviously we don't plan anything over spring break. But next Thursday is one of our historically long running events, which is Business after Hours, that started back in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 3: I think it was.
Speaker 1: School.
Speaker 4: I know I wasn't even born that just kidding, what was I I was a g No, I was a junior in college.
Speaker 3: Anyhow, I won't rebuild all of that.
Speaker 4: So Business after Hours this month is going to be has died at Green Country Village. We haven't been out there for quite a few years, so we're excited about that one. They always do a really nice one. She'll actually have a couple of apartments open so our members can see and kind of see. I know they've done a lot of remodeling over the last few years as well, so it be fun to see some updates and things that they've done there.
Speaker 3: It's a wonderful facility for.
Speaker 4: Our community and Sonya we appreciate them hosting. But Business after Hours is not just about seeing the business. It's also about networking and making those contacts with their fellow chamber members and that kind of thing. If someone would like to attend, it is a free event and it starts at four o'clock goes to about five five fifteen.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a come and go.
Speaker 4: It's not like you're late or if you leave you're noticed.
Speaker 3: It's come and go.
Speaker 4: We know people's schedule, especially the end of the day, can be kind of crazy, but it is a good way to injure day and just a great way to connect with other businesses and meet some folks and get your name out about what your business does. So that is coming up next Thursday at Green Country Village, which is the one right across from Walmart with the little pond and everything.
Speaker 2: So it's a very nice place that seems to be miles from everywhere, but it's right across the street.
Speaker 3: From everything exactly anything.
Speaker 1: Once you get behind that tree line, it's like, hey man, we're good.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It is a very peaceful, very pretty yeah, very pretty. So and then March twelfth, we have our next Women in Business and kind of speaking about networking like Business after Hours. The topic is building network works with intention, clarity and purpose. So that's part of the reason we do Women in Business is so that the women can network. And but this is that that's the topic. I think it'll be very interesting and a good one. So today at noon we have about ninety coming, so it's a it's a great event. Women enjoy it. And it's at Hillcrest Country Club. So if you're interested in attending that, it's once again. You can register at Bartlesfield dot com. A couple other things, but that'll be after next show, next month's show, so I'll go into those. I will say to be on the lookout to our members if those that are listening is we will be seeking nominations for our upcoming gala.
Speaker 3: We do our do our Community Awards.
Speaker 1: That's no small undertaking.
Speaker 4: That is a big event. That's our biggest event of the year. It is, and it will be May fifteenth, but we're gonna nominations will be going out where we're seeking nominations. I think it'll start Thursday. I guess that's tomorrow, tomorrow or Friday, and then they'll close. I think it's March twenty first, I think it is. And so there's about a month there where we you know, if you'd like to nominate somebody or nominate your company. We do individual awards and then we do company some business awards. So all the information is at our website Bartleswell dot com. Members be watching for the e Blast because it will have all the criteria for the different awards. There's six different awards that will do that evening and that's really the highlight of the evening Leadership Barts. We will also graduate that night that we've got a great class this year. There's twenty eight of them. And the back next week they'll be doing Small Business Day and that's fun. Each each month where Leadership Barts will focus is on a different aspect of our community. Last month was healthcare and different aspects of healthcare in our community. We are so blessed in this community. People do not realize, you know, beyond just the hospital that we have, there's so many other things too, and so they learned about that. But next week on i think it's Wednesday, is Small Business Days, so they go out and they hear from a lot of small businesses. That's a whole different perspective than Large Business Day which was in November. So you know, it takes all mix of businesses to make a community what it is.
Speaker 3: We have a great, great business community, so.
Speaker 2: It's totally going to get greater. We've got businesses coming in ready to start setting up shops we do and with that that usually means there's a need for other smaller businesses to kind of help.
Speaker 3: Them out, yep.
Speaker 4: And that's and those larger businesses are the ones who support a lot of the smaller businesses, you know, especially like the retail, the service industry, that kind of thing. And that's why it's so important to you know, key industry, you know, bringing those primary jobs as they're called, into our community and they are their gearing up. I met the folks from Blue Well at last Business after hours. I was excited to see them out the casino with us and just they're hitting the ground running and they are they ye are excited about that. I know, Lincoln Electrics getting you know, gearing up so great wins for the Barswell Development Authority.
Speaker 3: They're great to work with.
Speaker 4: And we need you know, I know, I know they're always working leads and you know a lot of those don't pan out because you're a needle in a haystack. But I'm telling you the Midwest is hot right now as industries looking to.
Speaker 1: It's so stable, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, how do I say it?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 4: But yeah, we're an attractive I mean we're a business friendly state. I mean there's things we could still do more, but we are a very busy, business friendly state, and so we are attractive. But there's how many communities in Oklahoma, you know, and so there's a lot of competition.
Speaker 3: People think it's so easy. Oh you just speak of the phone. You invite these people to come and they'll come. And it's like, well, no, it's not how it works.
Speaker 1: They're looking at your neighbors.
Speaker 4: Too, Yes, and a lot of neighbors and a lot of competition and a lot of you know and synemes that go into things and just but we've we've got a really strong Barwell Development Authority and they've done a great job over the years. So anyhow, yes, primary industry is important to supporting our business community. And it's exciting to see you know, some coming in and gearing up and hiring already.
Speaker 3: So yeah, looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: So life is good in Bartlesville.
Speaker 4: And you know, speaking of that because we have new people that will be moving to town.
Speaker 3: Our community.
Speaker 4: Guy is out, is delivered, and if any of our chamber members have not gotten theirs, please let us know. Our advocates each took a route or two. A couple of them went on more routes and delivered them to our members. So there's a few that you know when they went they weren't open or whatever. But so anyhow, if you did not have yours, or if you were a PO box and that was your your mailing, or or you work out of your home, let us know and we can either deliver or swing by the chamber and pick yours up. But they're a great recruiting piece. They have so much information about Bartlesville. It's a beautiful page. It's one hundred and twenty page book basically magazine and all the information you could want about Bartlesville. So that's perfect for recruiting, it's perfect for new residents. We encourage our realtors to pass them out our A lot of our apartment complexes uses them, use them with you know, residents when they're moving in. So lots of lots of ways that they're used. But and all our members are listed in the back kind of like the old fashioned Yellow Pages for those who remember the Yellow Pages.
Speaker 3: But they're listed by.
Speaker 4: Your business category, you know, accountants or whatever, and so it's a great way. We always tell our members, you know, support fellow chamber members because they're the ones who believe in the community like you do, and support the chamber like you know these other businesses do. So you know, shop with them first, support them first, and we, you know, really try to promote that.
Speaker 2: So I really hope for the folks who were kind of kept home by the big thaw, if you have to do some shopping, shop local, please, Yes, that means everything jo well, especially.
Speaker 3: After a week.
Speaker 4: I mean there was a thing circulating on Facebook. I'm sure a lot of people saw it, but the importance of after a week like that, people weren't out, they were sheltered in, they were you know, hunkered down at home. You know, the restaurants took a hit, retail took a hit. You know, people weren't out, and so this is the week to get out and you know, maybe eat out this week instead of you know, you know, if you're thinking about it, just you know, get out and shop and support our local businesses, because you're right, a week of that is.
Speaker 1: It's very hard.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's very very hard.
Speaker 4: So you know, support our small businesses, support our local and I always say this because they're the ones, our locally owned small businesses are the ones who get hit every day asking for a donation to support whatever cause it is that they're coming in you know, whoever is representing them, and I've done it myself for a board that I sent on. But you know, they're the ones who support all the organizations in our community. And man, if we don't support our local businesses, they're not going to survive. So it takes all of us and our support to them. So support those local restaurants and businesses.
Speaker 2: All right, Sherry? And and how can folks find out more about the chamber? Can we find you online?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, just go to Bartlesfield dot com and there's all sorts of information and we would love to sit down with you at any time and just kind of talk if you would like to. We can walk you through some things, talk more benefits, that kind of thing, but a lot of it's online Bartlesfield dot com.
Speaker 1: Very good, Chrey, thank you for being