Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the show. I'm really excited about tonight's show. Once again, Jacques Vilet joins us. This time it's going to be about his latest book, Forbidden Science six. That's the journals between twenty ten twenty nineteen, and we're going to be talking about that and so much more. And so this show is a pre recorded show. And after following this at eight o'clock Eastern will be John Kerry Out, who I actually interviewed back in twenty seventeen about his CIA whistleblowing that ended up getting him in big time trouble. That was on waterboarding, but anyway, he had a USO amazing encounter. We're going to be talking about that with him later on, but for right now, I'm again very excited to bring in our guests, the one and only Jacques Vle Hello, Jacques.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome.
Speaker 1: And you're in sunny San Francisco.
Speaker 2: We're almost neighbors, just across the bridge.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. I was in Tiberon, as I mentioned, you know, for nine years. It's so beautiful that whole area and very San Francisco is a wonderful cultural place. I was involved in a antiques it was called the North American Decorative Arts Association. We had these amazing meetings at the museum. There great great stuff going on in that city.
Speaker 2: It's so wonderful city because it cannot expand outside of that peninsula, so it has escaped all the bad problems of you know, very large American cities with lots of freeways all over the place. You know, you can you can live here without a car, practically.
Speaker 1: Yes, And you can't get north where I used to live in marin from like say, the airport unless you go through the city. You know, you always there's no highway going through it. You have to go through and you know, get there when you get there. But it's really you know, I have a friend that lived in the with the sunset district, and he told me he would go an entire summer and only see the sun once, and you know, pretty depressing. You know, the what is it? The coldest winter I ever spent was the summer in San Francisco, you know that whole marked Wayne thing.
Speaker 2: Well, you can you can just you know, go twenty miles south and it's fifteen grease warmer, So you have a choice of climate. I still like gou to go see doctor Norlan at Stanford once in a whif so, yep.
Speaker 1: And that's a pretty campus. I used to actually do benefit auctions there. That was a lot of fun. I'm very nice, nice area as well, but it's very warm there. You're right, uh quickly, and uh, well, I do miss the area. I'm going to be back there in a couple of weeks, going to be actually interviewing a Berkeley professor that he's going to be teaching a course on UFOs and I'm going to be in San Rafel alive with him there, and then I'm off to speak at that UFO con which is you know the first part of April and San Uh where is that? It's right where the airport is there? You go Burling game, Burlin game. That's it anyway, So that'll be fun to be out there again and enjoy the beautiful weather. But so this book and h is number six, volume six, and boy is it is it is a lot involved. You have a very busy life. I know you do so many other things, but so and I listened. I have to tell you, I listened to a good part of the Joe Rogan you know interview that you did and I thought that was, you know, fascinating when you get into topics kind of off but related, but and also how put off, you know, he mentions that, and how fascinating. I've always wanted to meet Hell. So I'm going to start off with a kind of a difficult question because it's been posed to me. And when I was in Washington, d C. A few months ago, are you hearing me clearly more or less?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, So when I was in Washington, d C. I had someone that I would consider a skeptic, but you know, I wouldn't call him a debunker typically, but he came up to me and he said that all UFO crash crash retrievals, all those stories about recovered craft, everything dead ends at hall put off, and I just wanted to get your opinion on that.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know, there are topics here that cycle through time, that come back again and again and again, and the UFO crashes is one of those one of those subjects over the years. You know, the reason I continue this journal is that there are very few references that look at at time at things that have happened, you know, since the fifties, since and I think we need to preserve that record. And the stories of crashes, you know, go back, go back to actually to fifty years, you know, and there is a lot of bad data about it and stories and weird tales, but there is also information underneath that has been gathered from people talking around different laboratories, different universities. And both two subjects are linked here, both the subject of the crashes and the subjects of creatures you know, seen in connection with it. So Roswell has emerged as one of the test cases. But Roswell has problems because nobody actually witnessed the crash itself. So in studying the literature you have to review a lot of the data and of course the beliefs that have been injected into the whole conversation. To me, the turning point was, you know, the investigation we did at Trinity with Paula Harris. Paula had started to interview two men who remembered that as children, they had seen a crash in nineteen forty five, two years before ras Well and all the you know, all the explosion of sightings and books in the literature and so on, and the case at Trinity is was fascinating to me she had already done four years of research. It was fascinating to me because there there were witnesses and there were the landscape itself sort of spoke about what had happened with an object coming out of nowhere, hitting a large communication tower and then crashing on that private ranch. So it had not been spoiled you know, by a lot of people going over the landscape that case. As you know, I wrote a book called Trinity that talks about that case and two other cases of not of crashes, but of landings that had a lot of scientific information attached to them, and the case at t at at Valenso and the case at SoCoRo that happened to be official government cases. So taking those three cases together you can form a good picture of what the you know, what the craft looks like and what the entitase looked like. So I think to me that was that is where that's a good starting place for new research, you know, based on what we know now about these that that nuclears.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Now there were I remember when that that book came out and I met Piela. I don't know exactly how you say her name is. She lets people call her Paula that I met her up at Shag Harbor a couple of years ago. Very nice, very nice lady. Now, I know that you took a lot of flack for that because a lot of people were saying that wasn't a real event. And I just wonder what makes you convinced, you know, I just wonder what convinced you that this was a real event really happened.
Speaker 2: So when you publish a book, you can't you have no standing to say to tell your critics that they're unfair. And so I mean, you publish the book, they have a right to criticize it. And one man in particular, took the time to do a lot of research into documents. Now I'm not a document analyst. I'm not doing that. I but I've spent a lot of time at the site, and I've spent a lot of time with Powell, going over her older records and talking to the witnesses that were there. I think the criticism was fair, frankly, and I have to admit that our critic did a good job of digging up documents that contradicted some of the things in my book. For example, there is a part in the book I talked about who went back to the crash site. When the father of the kid who had seen the crash went to the site with the police, you know, and the name of the policeman that he mentioned was wrong. That you know, our critic found that this man at the same time was still under uniform in Europe, you know, Europe was wrapping up the war, but the troops were still there, so that was right. And you know, obviously his memory was wrong. But when we went back to the story, he had been there, so the story, the facts of the story were correct. The name of the highway policeman was the wrong name. Okay, We found that highway policeman and he was involved later, but the witness, you know, fifty years later, mixed up the two names. We went to so I did a new edition of the book. After researching the case, we found more people who knew about the crash, We found more people who knew about the traces, and we found more people who remembered the whole episode, and they remembered the kids actually showing there was one panel from the craft blew out when it hit the communication tower. We know where that communication tower was, and we know the whole thing now about the story. They they there were fragments of fibers that that glowed, that glowed in the dark, in different colors and so on, and we found someone who remembered being given some of that to put on a Christmas tree. And I mean the the many of the houses didn't have electricity or had electricity only in one room, and the bedrooms were dark, and they used that those filaments to put on Christmas tree and they glowed all night. So we we found these people and they remembered that those times and so on. So in the new version of the of the book have gone h case by case by case through all the the the arguments of you know, our critics and doing additional research. For example, the one of the kids, when he grew up, became a businessman, uh in in in the state where the the governor of the state was involved with the Atomic Energy Commission, and she knew about his experience, and he claimed that she showed him a report on the case from the Atomic Energy Commission. Because uh the kids claimed that the object was put on the trailer and taken to Los Alamos. So if there are secrets, they are not in the Pentagon type of secrets. So the normal you know, normal clearance is would not apply unless you have the nuclear clearancies, you know, the p Q and other other clearancies on the nuclear side. Some people in the Pentagon have both, but most people in the military would have no reason unless they are attached to a unit that has to do with the atomic secrets, no reason to have access to those clearencies. So that would explain why, as opposed to Roswell, why the case at Trinity remained so uh essentially unknown, you know, until until Paula Harris did the research at the site. So the the new edition answers step by step by step answers all the questions. So the the argument from our critic was that, you know, the governor of the state of Washington would never disclose a secret document. You know that this would be against the law to one of her constituents because she was a governor. And that's not true. She did not disclose. She did not give him the report. She didn't tell him what was in the report. She said there was a report on that particular case. It was an official report of the Atomic Energy Commission. So that validation is true. And the critic, you know, went too far. He never said that he had read the report. So we went through every single one of those and explain them, and in the process, you know, Paul Heinech helped helped us trace another Another witness was actually the grandfather who is still alive. You know, he is in a in a hospital facility and his mind is clear. He said, sure. I mean, everybody knew that thing had crashed. So it's funny because Paul asked, well, you know, why didn't you go there? And the man, the old man, poor man, said, look, we had just been bombed by the first nuclear explosion in history, and we had other problems that going into the field to see, you know, a crashed object of some sort, and you people had problems with their family, people had problems with their ranch, and that's that's where the attention was. But everybody knew about what had happened.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I find that very respectful that you actually, you know, instead a lot of authors may have been a little bit arrogant. Well this is the way it is, but you actually took the time. You know.
Speaker 2: That's fair that people should criticize. It's not a question of I believe, I believe, I believe you know, I mean there is a this is you know with what we're trying to do is science. I mean in science you you criticize and you don't accept anything as true unless it has been reviewed by your peers and the experiment has been redone in slightly different conditions and so on. But what's interesting in the case at Trinity is that the object was an egg. It was Every paper or every book that talks about it shows a disc. The witnesses did not see a disk. They were very clear about the egg shape. They measured it. One of the kids actually pasted, pasted it and went inside. So we know a lot about that object. Now, the object that Socorro was egg shaped, the object that valensaw was egg shaped. In all three cases, beings were similar. They were short, and they were breathing air. They were the size of the kids. They were about three three and a half feet tall and they were breathing air. Now, what kind of extraterrestrial is that? Okay? Right? But they did not have a breathing yeah, breathing mask.
Speaker 1: Always thought of things like that, like wondered how that could possibly be. And if you know they are breathing air, it would seem like there'd be so many things at risk, you know, for diseases or whatever. Maybe those things don't apply to them or whatever. But yeah, that's always been a puzzle. And here we talked the egg shape one who maybe we'll touch on, you know, Jake Barber's you know, it wasn't actually his video, but a video that was shown. You know that that was interesting. But here's the thing when this is back in nineteen forty five, and then then Cape GIRARDU, Baby, I'm pronouncing that, Jerry, I can't remember how that's pronounced. Cape you know, nineteen forty one, what's it called? Let me just see Cape Girard something like that. Yeah. So, but here's the curious thing to me is, you know, we think of Kenneth Arnold as people saying, oh, well, you know the flying Sauca era in nineteen forty seven June, but this is prior to that, and what of these people, you know, what was their first impression of what they thought they were seeing? You know, I mean, could they go to the did they think it was extraterrestrial? They just were totally puzzled. Do you have any idea.
Speaker 2: Well, as you know, I've I've been criticized by the skeptics that I've been even more attacked by youuthologist for saying that the phenomenon was not new. You know that it didn't start that as well. It didn't start with Kenneth Arnold, and it certainly didn't start at Trinity. I think you can go back in history, and I have done that. I wrote a book called Passport to Magonia that went into the history, and more recently, you know, a book looking systematically at cases in the past, with a team of experts in you know, researching older archives and different languages, Latin and Greek and so on, and we've reconstructed a list of about five hundred cases, you know, going back, going back to antiquity, but being very careful to look at the context of every of every case.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: There are the the the idea of of an object crashing and entities interacting with the local population is not new. I mean, it has been in the archives, you know, for a long long time, and it's always interpreted sociologically in the context of the of the time, of course, and for a long time those were those gave rise to fairy tales and tales of you know, interacting with the devil and all of that, because it could only be in a in a religious context. Now it's not in a religious context. It's in a scientific context. But the reactions and social reactions are similar. So yes, you can, you can go back and you find instances of earlier crashes. The the point of pushing the modern era back from forty seven to forty five is that forty five was a watershed in history. I mean, the first atomic bomb, the first really major major war. You know that of course, after after the war in Europe. You know, I learned in school that the war was over when Hitler died. Well it's not true. The war went on in Japan, went on in the Pacific, and in fact, the major battle of the war was going to be in the north of Japan. So I've read all the new, the more mo recent history books that have come after the archives have been opened after fifty years, fifty years after the war, all the archives had been reconstructed and were opened, and some outstanding books have been published by historians, professional historians, and I've read them and they paint a completely different picture of the end of World War two. And you know, in the aftermath in America then what I learned in school, So you have to replace the UFO phenomenon into that new picture of what happened after the war and what happened during the war, including the fact that the leading American generals did not want to use the bomb, contrary to what people say, you know, they were they wanted to go ahead, and you know, and people in Europe say, you know, those Americans, they are always looking for the newer, bigger thing, and you know, in war, and Eisenhower went to see Truman in Washington to tell him that the army did not want to use the bomb. It was President Truman's decision, and they what I learned about, you know, American history is made more of an impact on me as I was writing that book, you know, with power. Then the UFO story itself, I had to relearn really the history of the war and you know, the history of you know, the country where I was born, in France, and the history of America. So I think it was a very rich you know, it's probably the book I've spent the most time on and the most attention. I've gone back back and forth to New Mexico. I've gotten to know New Mexico pretty well. Uh and uh, you know, it's it was a very rich experience for me and I soonly learned a lot about history.
Speaker 1: Right the book he wrote, Wonders in the Sky. I love that with Chris Auback, who's who's been on this show before and one of you know, one of my favorite guests. He was really great and that whole thing. You know, I'm I'm I'm in the antiques world, so history is a lot a big part of that, and I love history and that that book was really really quite amazing. And you know, there was the dispelled one that you hear come up now and then, and I'm trying to think of which one it was. Alexander the Great supposedly saw shields in the sky, but that only traces back to nineteen fifty two in some novel or something like that. So you know, the research involved in what you did must have been pretty intense.
Speaker 2: I've got a pretty good library research that, you know, And you know, I go back to Europe periodically from my investment work, and I always take the time to visit the you know, the libraries and there to look for new material. And it's it's fascinating too. You know, that's something you can learn all along throughout your life and I'm still learning and I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know that's I love doing this because you know, there was a point at one time where I was a little bit discouraged, but it was because there was a lot of infighting, you know, which you've seen many times over the years. But other than that, this is just as exciting as when I first started, maybe even more. Well, we're in very interesting times right now.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: There's so many people that like, oh, you were in this before twenty seventeen, you know, like, oh yeah, and you know it was really I just want to just you know, talk quickly about this. But you know, we were involved in a group situation, you and I and several other people when it came to the passing of our great friend Lee Spiegel. And I still miss Lee. I think about him all the time. He was such a great spirit.
Speaker 2: I miss him because he was of course he single handedly all going is the testimony before the United Nations. You know, they went back in seventy eight and we were still talking about redoing it, you know, and it should be brought to the UN at some point, just to clear the you know, all the clutter and so on, and have a clear statement before the world, you know that this is real, this is happening. I doubt that the UN would actually do very much with it, but they they could certainly serve, which is what we proposed, you know, serve as a clearing house for people in different nations interested in sharing their information, you know, without the UN investing a lot of money and manpower into the problem itself, that it it's an ideal place for people to meet and exchange data, you know, peacefully, because if if the phenomenon is what we think it is, then it's yes, it is potentially a threat, and it's certainly a focus of intelligence and a focus of research for every country big and small.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, it's a it always like just for instance, when there's an there has been issues with disarming nukes and things like that, with these you know, with UFOs involved, how can that not be considered national security? I mean that's such a big puzzle. Like I remember the very first hearing they had, the people involved in that, the Oversight Committee whatever it was, had no idea about these type of situations that happened and you know that's it's such a puzzle. Yes, yeah, So going off a topic just a little little bit, because when the Wilson Memo first came out, I was totally thinking it was not right. And you know, I've gone back and forth, been on the fence over the years about it, and I just I've never asked you this, what is your opinion of the Wilson memo?
Speaker 2: You mean the memo about postponing the Air Force review with the five scientists in nineteen in the fifties, in the early fifties, that there were several things. You know. What happened essentially is that when I went through when I was working with doctor Heinek at Northwestern, I took time during a summer when the university was relatively quiet. Then I had my PhD in AI of all things, and I was working at the computation Center, and I had my office there, and I used my office as a repository for doctor Heinex files during the summer to essentially convert everything into computer into computer records. And in the fives there were other things that were not sightings themselves, but were related to the history of the field memos correspondence, the Air Force and so on, And there was a file that had to do with a meeting organized by the Air Force to review its procedures in processing UFO reports, and it was classified at the time, although a lot of information came out later and now we know that that is the meeting at which and doctor Heinek was one of the witnesses. He did not attend all the meetings, but he was called in periodically when they needed his input about the Air Force fires. And that the meeting that decided to split the research on UFOs into two. First continue with Project Bluebook, which was unclassified. Contrary to what everybody says, you know they talk about the secret files, they were not secret. The whole idea was this should be public public access and you know, just to monitor what people were seeing, unsure that the government was open to what the public was reporting. And then there was there would be a classified high technology approach using instruments, because the idea from the scientists in the group was no, never, we don't need any more cases from you know, somebody who's seen a light outside the window. We want we want to measure things. We've got instruments now in the Air Force where and elsewhere where. We can measure the intensity of light, we can track trajectories, we can compute all that, and that's what we should be doing, and that's how we're going to solve the problem. Well, that didn't work, but in the process, you know, the Air Force fives blossomed. What people didn't know was that most of the Battel Memorial Institute in Columbus had received a a large amount of money for the time to do a catalog of the Air Force fives and they produced a report called Report fourteen, which was admirable from a computer science point of view. Of course, computer science in those days was fairly primitive, but the statistics were you know, statistics were very well developed. And what I found in that file was a two page letter stamped secret from Battel to the organizers of the session of the conference. The conference was inviting the five leading physicists in the US, including a couple including a Nobel Price. So this was you know, this was serious science. It wasn't organized by the Air Force. It was organized by the Air Force on behalf of the CIA. Uh So that was that was new to me. I had always everybody has been told in all the published records. This was an Air Force meeting. It was a CIA meeting delegated to the Air Force. The other thing that was shocking was that battel who wanted to postpone the meeting. They said, we're not ready. Uh you're you're calling all these high level scientists and so on, but we we need more time to work on the data, to present them with something that's going to be scientifically uh sufficiently developed for them to put their attention on it and and reach some scientific conclude it's premature to do it now. Well, the Air Force and their sponsors wanted to get rid of the problem, which was was the whole point, and they they didn't care if they lied to Nobel Prize in physics in the process. Now that was so. I learned a lot by reading that, except that I wasn't supposed to read it. You know, it was secret. So I wasn't going to just you know, Russian publish it because I had no absolutely no right to do that. And I'm you know, I've always been very respectful. I can't tell the American government what to do with this problem. Okay, that's not my role. My role is as a scientist, especially as an information science guy to be part of the team that's going to look at the problem. And I think we can, we can go a long way to helping solve it, helping other people solve it. But there is a community of scientists that has certain rules. So by then I had been contacted before by someone who worked for Congress, in fact, worked for the Intelligence Committee of the Senate, which is really the top here. I mean, that's those other people who can decide what's really going to happen. And he was a legal expert from Washington, and he was working for the chairman of the Intelligence Committee of the Senate, and he contacted me about some other cases and I knew about in Europe where he wanted to have some corroboration about about what had happened, and uh so I contacted after that. I contacted him because I knew he had He had told me that he was reviewing yearly, he was reviewing all the classified projects in the Pentagon, in the d O D. So I told him that I had something that I didn't know what to do with that was stamped secret and I should be invited him to tell me what to how to treat it and he said, send it to me and I'll tell you. And I sent it to him and he declassified it so that now everybody can see it. One of the UFO groups for group you. Unfortunately, they keep fighting among themselves and they fight against anyone who doesn't have exactly the same political orientation. You know that all the wars immediately said that I had invented that whole story. Well, I didn't invent it, because I have you know, a letter in my five it says that this was declassifying deposited in the archives of the Senate where everybody can go can go read it that you know, that memo exists, and it gives a frosts interesting light about the history of the whole field because if something like the Robertson panel, Doctor Robertson UH and its conclusions came from influence from the intelligence community trying to block not trying to open up the the science, but on the contrary, to channel it into areas that could be controlled and essentially hidden from the public while giving the public a way to report, you know, lights in the sky. That's a historic passage, it's a historic turning point, and it's interesting in asking then why would they do that. And again here I'm not jumping to conclusion that they just want to hide it. And I think there is something else, and I think what we see now, you know, under the current administration keeps reinforcing that idea that there is something else that cannot be told, just cannot be told. And I think at some point, you know, there were three times when the subject could have been open. The first time was, you know, in the early fifties. I was still in France in the early fifties as a young astronomer. There were franch astronomers who had seen UFOs and I knew it because I was working at Paris Observatory. Was never published anywhere, but I knew they existed. So I went to I had a friend in the French Air Force and he had access to the old fives of the French Airforce. Franch Airforce didn't know what to do with it. So there were about two hundred and fifty growing cases by pilots and so on in the late forties and early fifties in France. And I have never seen the light of day still except in a few cases that I've cited in my books. And this was before you know, the CNES and all the Space Agency and so on. So you know, I read all that, and I asked a friend of mine name Michelle, who had done research in France on those cases, you know, why why don't they go public about this? A Minute's really interesting? Scientifically it's interesting. And he said, well, you know, I I have lunch with a French Air Force officer who is in charge of the fives, Colonel clair One, and I'll ask him, you know, why don't they make this public? So he has lunch with the Carol and he asked him, and the Carol says, it's a great question. You know, I'm going to look into it. So we'll have lunch a month from now. You know, in France you always have lunch, you know, when you need to discuss something, usually in a very nice little restaurant somewhere. And so they have lunch again a month later, and Amy Michelle says, well, what did they say? You know, what did your superior sey? He said, I I went to see the American embassy, you know, and my counterpart from the American Air Force, and I asked them, why don't you guys open up the fires and on UFOs and the guy said, look, too many things happening in the world. Now, this was the fifties. I mean, this was you know, the problems with the Soviet Union, the atomic threat, everything else. Uh, you know, so many things happening in the world. We don't need one more subject that is going to worry everybody where. We don't have the answer. So okay, So that was there was no disclosure. There could have been a disclosure. If they had disclosed it at the time, they wouldn't have been a big uproar. You know, people would have said that ciniasting science. I mean, it's great if the air life. There were books in those days about life in universe and so and that's not new. I mean this was you know, there were many books and reports going back to Flamario, you know, in the nineteenth century and all that. I mean in France it was a common topic in science. You know, it wasn't a big thing. I wonder why it's a big thing today in the US. I mean, this has been, you know, obviously one of the great subjects in science. So that died and everything went underground. At the Robertson panel could have opened it up. I mean they could have said, Look, they had a Nobel price. They had four of the leading physicists in the country who had worked on the bomb with Oppenheimer, who had been there, you know, had been part of the American effort to win the World War two. They had enormous prestige. They could have opened up the fires, but there had done an exceptional job of documenting everything, all the statistics that could have been published instead of being closed again and kept secret for so long. Why they didn't do it, Well again, I think they will live to regret it not opening it, because then people were talking about you know, going into space, satellites and so on. It was you know, three years later, nineteen fifty sevens. But Nick, you know, people were ready for that. It was exciting. It was we were going to go into the universe, eventually to the moon, eventually men would fly in space and so on. So but instead, you know, they were afraid of the subject of what public opinion would do with it, and they clamped it down against the advice of Battel itself. They won't consultant. Okay, then, uh, you know, at the time of the Content report, the Content report could very much have said, look, there is something there. In fact, Professor Condon, which I got to know and respect on a personal basis. With doctor Heinek, we were the first ones to testify before the Content Committee uh In in Bolder. Uh I did say that there was that there was a problem there, that not everything was explained, but that there were more important things in science, and that this was, you know, the second there is subject that wasn't very important and that it could be dismissed by you know, in terms of American science. But you know, if you read the whole thing, one third of the reports that they investigated is unidentified. One third. Okay, nobody reads the video appendix. Okay, they read the conclusions and then they read, well, the New York Times says about it, and the New York Times said there's nothing to UFOs, and that killed the subject for ten years. I mean it killed it. I mean at that point I gave up on American science, and I had offers to go back to you to France, and I went back. I you know, my wife and I took our kid and we went back to France and then back because things changed. But essentially I was just completely disgusted with the with the whole thing. It seemed completely closed as it seems now. I mean we're back to those days. So there have been those three cases where it could have been honestly opened with the truth, told people, namely that we've got a phenomenon that's very, very big and that we don't understand the first thing about it. I mean, that's the truth, okay. In one sentence, Doctor Heineck had remained friend, you know, close to of course, Project blue Book and some of the some of the officers from the Air Force who led Project Blue Book. The one that he respected the most was a man named uh, Major Friend, who was a black officer from the Air Force who was, in doctor Heinez's estimation, the most uh, the most dedicated men who led the Air Force study. And he went back to a Major Friend and asked him, look, you know, I don't have the clearances you have, but you know, tell me what does this whole thing mean? And Major Friend smiled and he said it can only mean one of two things. Either they know what it is. Oh, they don't know what it is. And that was just so perfect, you know, and it's true today. I mean, what's going on with them with Congress and with the you know, the hearings and all these pilots standing up in front of the committee and so well, it means either they know what it is so they won't tell it, or they don't know what it is and they will pretend they know what it is. That's where we're still at that stage. So come on, I mean, let's level with the people and tell them this is new. We don't have any idea what it really is in the big system of things, and we need we need more scientists involved all over the world, not just closed up with secrets and pipes of secrets that are essentially when you get to the bottom of that that columns of secrets, there's nothing there is. There is a big question mark. The big question mark is the most secret thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, unfortunately we all have like four minutes or so. But something I've said a number of times in the show, and I just wondered if you agree with my thoughts or not. I do believe, well, let's talk about the United States government, and this is just my own theory. I do believe that they know more than we do, or some part that knows more than we do about what's going on. But my thoughts are is that they do not have the full picture, And because they do not have the full picture, how can they possibly say that they can protect us from herder it's not dangerous. So I just wondered, do you think that might be a fair statement or how do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's one thing. The topic can be looked at and can be classified in different different things. I think what they are looking at is what the military is looking at. I mean all the people who are emerging before Congress and so on in you know, people who are in uniform or were recently in uniform, running different projects, some of them classified and some of them still classified. But those projects had to do with gathering information from air force facilities, from radar, from pictures, not pictures, but images, infram read images and the like, which is you know, it's natural to keep that somewhat classified because the technologies themselves are classified. So that's in the complex thing. There is What about all the cases of the farmer in the field who sees something land and you know, he's going to call me because he's heard of my books, And I go there and he shows me the traces and he tells me the whole story. I mean, that's and I've gone, you know, all all the way through Utah from north to south and east and west, talking to ordinary people, not just on the Biggler Ranch, you know, all over the northern half of Utah with Professor Salisbury twice a whole week at the time, talking to talking to witnesses and having lunch with them and going over what they had seen. We only published a small a small sample of all that. It's all there, and that's not secret. I mean, I can take you there. And then there is there are the medical aspects that are not clear, that have not They have been researched, but their research has not been published, and it should be pursued. Of course it cannot the names of people cannot be published because under hipas But I have been part of enough medical research teams to tell you there are ways of extracting that information and actually publishing it for your colleagues and for other hospitals and so on. That has not been done. Okay, So that's that should be open. And then then there are the the the impact on consciousness on religion that doctor Crypel has preserved, you know at Rice University and all of that. I mean that is that is open. People can can go there. Uh my vives, I will be open in due time because I think they would serve no purpose in the current confusion right now. But eventually they you know, they are in good shape and they can be open. So it's not a question that this is all secret. You know, people know about this. People have seen those things all over the all over the world. You know you can you can go to Egypt and talk to people about it. You can go to Russia and talk to people about it. They know that I went to Russia. I found a kid who had translated two of my books into Russian. You know, they were in Sami's that form, but people were reading them. He never asked permission. I mean I would have given him permission, but you know those things circulate. People translated themselves and give it to their friends.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: So it's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I hate to say this, we're out of time because I feel like we just scratched the surface and if it wasn't a hard out here we are, Yes, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: And we'll see if I changed my if I changed your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it was great. It was wonderful. Thank you so much, and please have those people watching live jump over to the John Kayaku stream that's up next. And thank you so much. Jacques. It's been a real pleasure, always wonderful talking to you again. This could be four hours and I don't think we just get started. Thanks again. All right, everyone jump over to the next stream and remember to keep your eyes to the sky. We'll be back next week as well.