Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great America. Of course, economically we look for a revitalization when Trump takes office on January the twentieth.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a slow haul.
Speaker 1: But one of the great concerns many Americans have and many economists have, is something called bricks. Now, you may think bricks are something you put on a house, but bricks refers to a loose organization of five or six great economies Brazil and Russia, India, China, and South Africa, and more indicative willingness to join. And this would be like a second alternative source of economic strength around the world. And it would mean that the American dollar would not be a reserve currency, which is a really big deal. Joanan, you and I now is Kristin Briggs is the CEO of Hard Asset Management. Kristin Briggs. Welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, did I set it up correctly that bricks, especially with China being involved with Brazil and Russia, India, South Africa, is a mortal danger to the economic health of the United States of America.
Speaker 3: It's exactly right, And you pose a really good point here bricks is trying to undermine the financial stability the United States. If it wasn't such a problem, and if it wasn't literally on the top of Trump's list, he would not have come out in swinging on this one. In said one hundred percent tariffs on anybody who undermines the US dollar and puts it as second class citizen. The thing that you've got to realize is of the original five countries, which have strong economics in their own right, but together the bricks nations now, which are about seventeen countries from the original two thousand and nine at the.
Speaker 2: Gate to today.
Speaker 3: The biggest change, I would say was the UAE United Arab Emirates joined, which is seven countries Abu Dhabi and Dubai and so forth.
Speaker 2: Has a lot of oil impact. Iran now is part of bricks.
Speaker 3: So what you've got here as a position of countries that have right now together a forty percent bigger GDP than the G seven. When you take out the six countries of the G seven, let the United States be standalone.
Speaker 2: They're over double our GDP.
Speaker 3: So Trump knows that it's not just an issue with the reserve currency status. It's a national security issue. In fact, in a recent conversation I have with one of the leading House members, chairman of one of the committees is Point Planning, which he's going to have dinner with Trump this weekend, said, if there's any one thing that you can destabilize a country, destroy the currency, and then there's nothing left of the country, because that is the bedrock of the financial system. Bricks have made no bones about it. Their goal is to undermine debates and decouple the dollar from oil and commodity trading as fast as they can, so that way, our interest rates will skyrocket because goble by our debt. Why well, the debt's based in dollars. Look what's happening over the last year or so. It's not inflation that's always running up these rates. It's the unwillingness of countries right now to buy our debt.
Speaker 2: That's your problem. And that's what Bridge is trying to do.
Speaker 1: Explain reserve currency. My producer may not fully understand it, though. If the world trade is funded and fueled and layered with the US dollar, the US dollar has great value. If, on the other hand, some other currency like the wand from China is going to be the reserve currency. Then we're in trouble, big trouble. In fact, we've done a lot of this to ourselves because of our debt and deficit. But explain to the American people what is reserve currency and how does that impact someone living in ames Iowa?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Good, well what you said Iowa. I have relatives and aims as well as alarel in Iowa. So that's good, yeah, all of Iowa. Well, let's talk about what reserve currency means. First of all, when a country determines its asset base or asset classes, it's going to have a number of fundamental things.
Speaker 2: Is going to strategically put.
Speaker 3: In gold, silver, oil, and currency, currency being the liquid portion of all of those, Okay, the most liquid. So when you look at reserve currency, we are now from nineteen forty six, when ninety percent of the world transacted only in dollars and it was the number one reserve currency.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you where we're at today. We are now number six.
Speaker 3: In reserve asset we're number one, but we've dropped from ninety percent to forty nine percent in daily transactions with the dollar. We're still number one because in nineteen forty six, there is a plethora of localized currencies out there that have subsequently been made to be their their number one go to sales transactional asset, which you know people think, oh, it's going to be crypto one day.
Speaker 2: It will not be crypto like in the sense what we have today.
Speaker 3: It's going to always be a localized currency, whether it's digital or in payper form.
Speaker 2: What we're looking.
Speaker 3: At is losing the number one position in daily transactions. If we lose that, that means demand is shifting to other currencies, which it has since nineteen forty six. The scary thing is, and Trump knows this is the number one national security rescue. Like I said earlier, it's number one with him right now. Because here's what the bricks represent. The bricks have two purposes. One's a coalition to bring financial instability to the United States, to create doubts so people stop buying the debt, people short the debt, or all together, they just eliminate the use of the dollar.
Speaker 2: That's the goal.
Speaker 3: Now in some degree that's already happened, or we would still get that ninety percentile from nineteen forty six. The second thing they're doing is military strategically located basis. This is the reason why number of years ago, Trump set China represents the greatest risk and the Bricks part of it, because China is now moving on Greenland and they're moving just like they did the Soviet Union in the early sixties with Khrushchev and putting missiles in Cuba. Greenland represents it basically, it's an aircraft carrier. Look at Puerto Rico, it's an aircraft carrier. Hawaiian islands. These are strategic locations to put in military operations.
Speaker 2: Panama Canal.
Speaker 3: Why is he so worried about that, Well, because China, which is part of the Bricks, which is intend to do to undermine the dollar undermin military, is now controlling Panama in violation of the treaty when Carters let Panama have the Panama Canal back. So now he's having to fight four fronts. He still has Ukraine in Russia, which rushes part of Bricks. He still has Hezbollah, Israel and Iran. Iran is part of Bricks. He's still got the Panama Canal with China, and China is also interfering in Greenland, which is part of Bricks, which is the founding member so when he says bricks is the biggest threat to the national security in the United States, Trump is right. He's always going to be proven right, whether it's the next day, the next year, or the next decade. The guy's as smart as a we have look at the sun as at one hundred and seventy IQ. Good looking kid, Baron so and all his kids are smart because it comes from a good stock.
Speaker 2: Trump knows what he's talking about. Now. In order to defeat the bricks, he's gonna have to do one thing.
Speaker 3: In my company, we analyze things every day in real time, twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: We never go to sleep.
Speaker 3: There's always people working around the clock to manage hard assets for individuals. Well, that's how Trump's going to have to manage bricks. In order to defeat the bricks, he can't go head to head. He's going to have to find the cracks within the membership. And I think that's what's going to happen, is he's going to go to the weakest links, cut deals, strategic deals, not just willing nearly throw a grenade and see what happens and where the casualties are, but more tactical, more surgical.
Speaker 2: I think we'll do is and this is what I would do.
Speaker 3: And he's a smart guy, so I think he'll be able to relate to this. Find the weakest link within an organization that you need to dismantle, subdivide that by taking a few pieces off to make the whole weaker than what was originally started. And next thing you know, the rest will follow suit. They'll want to cut deals, They'll want to say, okay, we're back on the dollar, going to go ahead and do business with you, and all of a sudden that Bricks will be weakened enough to where it may actually be dismantled.
Speaker 2: Possibly not.
Speaker 3: Dismantling is a big word, and they're very unified, but there is definitely cracks. There's definitely some confusion within the Bricks memberships because why you've got a warrior now in the White House. You don't have a dementia patient, You've got a warrior. Right, They don't like warriors? Why will Warriors are tough? Warriors will push back, Warriors will hit back. That's what Trump is. He's a warrior.
Speaker 1: And so the most important thing he can do is maybe it's Brazil, maybe it's India, the largest country on Earth, or maybe it's the UAE because of their fear of what's happening in Iran. You can pick off two, three or four of them to go back on the dollar, and right now the one the Chinese and ten for the wand to become the reserve currency. And these nations together have a much bigger GDP than the US, but they don't have the same military power, and you can grab them by the coyones, especially the UAE. So that means when UAE or Saudi Arabia age with a Poland or Germany, you need some currency. And that has been the reserve currency. Right now it is not. And because there was such fecklessness the past four years that the Bricks and these other seventeen nations got together to use a different currency than the dollar, which will trash the American economy. Wouldn't it make us look like a great depression again in America? If economically the rest of the world would use the wand as the reserve currency where goods are exchanged instead of the dollar, wouldn't that be an unmitigated disaster for US?
Speaker 3: If that happens, the US would have twenty five percent interest rates overnight mortgages would be fifteen to twenty percent. Real estate would drop by fifty percent in a second. Because here's the problem, and you're right, you're absolutely right. The digital u won right now is about eighteen percent of the world's trans out, whether it's paper or whether it's digital, About eighteen percent of the world transactions are now.
Speaker 2: Through the bricks.
Speaker 3: China obviously representing so many population of the whole world the planet, so that gives it some kind of a little bit stewed their direction, a little bit more of a bias, But it doesn't matter. They're still people, They're still transacting. So if we lose this reserve status, and we are on the verge of losing it, we're down to under fifty percent. We're in the forty nine percentile again, down from ninety percent and forty six. But what you said was profound, he said something very good. If the digital u want continues its current growth rate, which is exponentially moving very rapidly around the world, especially in wherever China has built massive infrastructure deals. The way China started to move quickly once they joined the World Trade Organization, they were able to move with more efficiency at a much rapid pace to be able to get money into infrastructure deals within countries by giving them two billion dollar loans. They own the country, they basically seize the assets. If you can't pay the loan back, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: We're your new government. You'll do all of these things.
Speaker 3: That's what happened in Panama, It's happened throughout South America, It's happened all over Africa. See Schishi Ping comes from a long line of leaders whose ultimate goal was to create supremacy both in a financial status in a military status. And this was back to the eighteen fifty occupation of the British in Hong Kong. They said they would never allow that to happen again, and they haven't in that sense. So if the digital U want continues at its current pace of growth, and it is substantial pace of growth, which I think we can slow it down. The hard part is going to be eliminating it, which could be next to impossible. But slow it down and put it almost in a quarantine in a box to limit its growth or limit its what I consider to be the octopus right, it's tentacles to go to the far reaches of the world. Bring back Greenland because it's a strategic place. China wants a military base there because then they can leverage that against the US. They did it in the South Sea when they built those islands, which was against all international treaties. It was the closest they could get to the Hawaiian Islands, which again as an aircraft carrier for anybody who has military ideology. And the last part, again going back to your question, I'll give you an answer at full circle. We are going to move from paper currency to digital currency within the next three to five years.
Speaker 2: There's no way around it.
Speaker 3: The debt is so bad that mathematically, at the rate it's currently.
Speaker 2: Being I call it built.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know how much you want to say it, but the debt's getting built bigger and bigger every day that by twenty twenty nine we're in default mode. There's just not enough revenues by the government. You can't tax out of it, and you certainly can't create more manufacturing jobs enough to eliminate the debt, and the bricks are playing off that. That's why Elon Musk came out today and said there's no way to cut two tillion dollars from the federal budget. You can't do it, and we all knew he could. Two hundred billion a year would be catastrophe almost with the GDP. So Trump's gonna have to go in there and cut deals and divide the bricks in order to save the United States.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, the media in this country simply want to attack down Trump, and they kind of snicker and laugh about Greenland, about Panama Canal. The Panama Canal is managed by the communist red Chinese, and when pavements can't be made, they'll take over the canal and they're the one managing right now. They have a multi billion dollar port they put in Peru, in Peru, for God's sakes, and Greenland is being encircled by the Chinese. Whenever media reports on Trump wanting to take to take control directly or indirectly of Greenland, they just laugh and snicker at the guy. And by twenty twenty nine, at the rate of borrowing a trillion dollars every one hundred days, we do not have the economy, do not have the money to keep borrowing money without greatly higher interest rates. And when those around the world quit buying our debt, we're out of business, in which case the value of assets we own and we've cut in half and it will take twenty five thirty percent to buy a house, in which case the economy crashes, which is exactly what Red China wants. They want America to economically collapse. They were banking on. Kamala Hair is continuing in the same policies for the next four to eight years, and Trump's gonna have to be the one to make the case that we can't continue in this route. If we do, the country's over with because if a currency is worthless, assets are worthless, in which case the lines form in front of Kroger stores and we're done.
Speaker 2: Do I have that correct?
Speaker 3: As correct and clear as crystal? You say it exactly. If the dollars undermine, nobody buys, the debt rate spike, everything goes south, everything with the exception of hard assets. I'm gonna make a point there are two things that are the most clearest barometers of economics.
Speaker 2: No matter what it.
Speaker 3: Is, no matter what the numbers are in the economy, no matter who runs the state, whether it's Russia, whether it's United States and Canada, it doesn't matter. The two barometers you need to focus on. Are follows interest rates in bonds. Okay, that's kind of snymis with each other. And rates are going up, bonds are going down, treasuries because nobody wants the debt. It's not just inflation, it's also fear.
Speaker 2: It's fear. Then the other thing is gold.
Speaker 3: See gold goes up twelve to eighteen months prior to a catastrophic event. It's done it every single time since every cycle since eighteen eighty four. Okay, literally since eighteen eighty four. So when you see them move in gold, it always comes before when you see them move in bonds. In this case, we've got fear of the debt, of the underlying value of the dollar, and normally bonds would be going.
Speaker 2: Up because of a safe haven. Equity is going down.
Speaker 3: So we know that the bonds are in trouble, equities are in trouble, and we certainly know that gold is forecasting a tremendous downturn that's coming soon. Because the numbers.
Speaker 2: Math is math.
Speaker 3: Okay, people lie, Math doesn't and that's the way it is. So we need to look at this, and yes, China is playing off this. There was a gentleman that I had the prosure of meeting in China doing business over their number of years ago, and he always said, he said, we always try to capitalize on the weakness of the enemy. This is a tradition for China for thousand years, and Sun Shue said it. Actually, so what they're doing now is they're trying to expand accelerate because we're at a weak point economics, even with Trump coming in.
Speaker 2: Look at the debt. Look at the debt.
Speaker 3: Are you going to pay back thirty seven trillion dollars when the revenues of the United States? You can't, it's forty a half trillion. You can't do it. It's impossible. The chairman of the House Financial Services Committee Congress and Warren Davidson, who's incredibly a smart friend, very student about this stuff. Yeah, well, him and I have done some talks together and we've done some a couple of presentations, and we both concurred, you cannot pay the debt down. And China knows this, and they're dumping all their treasuries. Think about this in twenty ten seconds, thirty seconds, all right, ready for this, But twenty ten they had four trillion dollars worth of treasuries you know they got today four hundred billion, they've reduced it by ninety percent.
Speaker 2: Why they put it all in gold period.
Speaker 1: So let's keep sounding the bell before it's too late, because twenty twenty nine is as close to us now as twenty twenty one. It's right around the corner. And Christian Briggs, you're great about this. The fate of bricks and Trump is the guy we have right now to save this country. Christian Briggs, thanks again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, CEO of Hard Asset Management. Let's make sure we do it again. Thank you, Christian. All right, thank you, my brother, God bless you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue to how about that message? Alright, let's continue with more Bill cunning In the Great American Live at Showman the Bengals News Radio seven hundred W.
Speaker 2: Elder me