Speaker 1: Every American deserves to have their voice heard.
Speaker 2: Your voice was heard.
Speaker 1: Your voice. Here's what I'm thinking he needs to do right away.
Speaker 2: What do you think. I think we can finally start to turn things around for New Years.
Speaker 1: Talking about the future.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krc D Talk Station. It's seven oh six here fifty five krc DE Talk Station and a very very happy Friday eve to you, extra special day with a recap on the election. Generally speaking, welcome back to the fifty five krc Morning Show. It's also a pleasure to have him on the show. Head of the Ohio Republican Party, Alex Trianta Filo. Alex, welcome back, my friend, Brian.
Speaker 1: Always good to be with you, especially post election, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm glad where you can be at least a celebratory moved on a national scale and a statewide scale. Not so much in Hamilton County. We'll get to that later, but let's talk about Ohio to start with. Of course, obviously Trump just way ahead in Ohio in terms of the number of votes, but Bernie Marina got him in office thanks to the hard work for a lot of folks, including door knockers Americans for prosperity and riding the cotails of a successful Trump presidency our campaign.
Speaker 1: I have no question about it. Look, Brian, we had a banner night in Ohio, and you know, I have been in charge of the Ohio Republican Party for nearly two years, and I know what happened here in my hometown. But you know, I cannot not just thank Ohioans really, and really at Hamilton County in southwest Ohio plays a big role in delivering a lot of votes for big, big wins across the board. So what we do sometimes is Republican does not stop and evaluate our own success. We had a wildly successful night across the state of Ohio on the Tuesday, and we're thrilled Bernie Marino being first among that list. I mean, we many have tried to take out Shared Brown. We've had that campaign after campaign in my life really since the mid two thousands, to try to take out a career far left wing Democrat, and finally the Ohio Publican Party in Bernie Marino, was successful and getting that done. So we're wildly happy and you know, just very proud of Bernie. Bernie as an extraordinary candidate. I said it to you many times and your listeners. I've set it across Ohio with my campaigned with Bernie on his bus and everywhere. This is a special guy, Brian, he really is. He's wildly intelligent, he is hard working, his heart is in the right place, He's got a business background. He'll be a strong conservative voice for our values in DC. So I couldn't be more happy with the win, the Bernie Marino victory over forever politician Shared Brown Nan.
Speaker 2: I'm certainly glad that Connla Harris ran his dismal account paign as she did, because you know, coattails are very, very important, and Donald Harris just didn't bring bring an a game. I don't know that she was capable of it, but I don't know. I don't know how you can get elected a higher office by just running a campaign based upon simply calling your opponent names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a frustration I had throughout this campaign, and really it's a frustration I have today in modern American politics. Look, Brian, Donald Trump ran a campaign of ideas, and again the pundits in the press will never say that because they hate him so much. But when Donald Trump just for instance, does build a wall he's talking about an issue immigration. He's telling you I want to steal the southern border with a physical wall. Now he simplifies it in that way. When Donald Trump says drill, baby, drill, he says, I want to produce more American energy to make the cost of goods cheaper. Brian, those are policy proposals. Let's have a good faith are you know discussion. If you're a Democrat and you say that a wall doesn't work, let's at least debate that instead. The Democrats said, he's a Nazi, he's a threat to democracy, he's a bad human being. Well guess what, he just won one of the most outstanding victories really in the history of modern American politics. He stands poison to win the popular vote, something we do not see because states like California New York end up seeing low Republican turnout because they know they can't win those states in the electoral college. So you know, we're about to have one of the great victories in modern American politics because the Democrats refuse to talk about issues. So Kamala Harris was a bad tan because she kept playing the same Democratic playbook, which is to demonize one human being rather than discuss the kitchen table issues that Americans care about the most. America has dealt with a shrinking middle class, higher prices for everything, a southern border that makes it feel like we barely have a country left. So you know we have for that reason. You know, we have Donald Trump going back to the White House. You know we're gonna have a Senate majority. I'm crossing my fingers. We have a House majority. And in Ohio, you know, we again had big wins for state Supreme Court and especially on Issue one, which you may ask about.
Speaker 2: But today as Republicans, well, it looks like we already got the House based upon the polling I've seen this more of than the numbers I've seen this morning, at least in terms of who they've declared the winners. So I think it's across the board sweep. Let us see here. Yeah, I do want to gravitate over to Issue one because I'm real quick. On the Democrats side of the ledger, I get the impression that, you know, while a lot of Democrats, and a lot of traditional Democrats, did you know whether they or not they held their nose or actually embraced Trump, they voted for him, which is unusual. Large chunks of the Black population, large chunks of the Jewish population, large chunks of the Hispanic population. I got the impression, and I think the numbers tell a tale. A lot of Democrats just sat it out. They didn't show up. They weren't convinced Kamala was right person for the job. But they didn't mean they were going to go out and vote for Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the Democrats definitely have a turnout problem. And you know, I have a party leader. You know, I'm not going to be a candidate ever in my life. I will tell you that. As a party leader, I know that turning out your vote is the number one obligation of the political parties. And you know, our machine was just better. Our machine is better, certainly better in Ohio, better even in Hamilton County, believe or not. But we're just outnumbered there by people who believe otherwise. But you know, the turnout machine by the Republicans is just far superior. And you know, Kamala Harris energized no one. You know, she was a bad candidate in their primary for president, which is why she never really faced the Democrat voters. And then by time they you know, kind of fixed the process for her to be the nominee without you know, a single Democrat casting a vote in the primary. There was just no energy there. And you know, again on Kamala, we know this, Brian. I mean, everybody talked about one of the reasons Biden held on as long as he did is because they knew they just didn't have a good candidate. And I'm not into bashing Canis after they lose, but Kamala Harris is a far left wing liberal. She's not in the mainstream of American politics. So you know, it was a mismatch from the beginning, and Democrats just weren't excited about her.
Speaker 2: Well, and the other change in this election, and it was a radical shift from the traditional norms. Republicans got out early and voted. They negated the normal advantage Democrats have when they walk into the polling places on election.
Speaker 1: Day one more time part of the operator in the machine. I mean, I you know again, my Hamilton County Wrather knew this when I was here. And then I went to Ohio and I walked into a room for Ohio as a Republican activists, Brian and I say, it's okay, and the room responds to vote that way. I mean, it became a little bit although a little hokey, a little corny, it works in politics. But you know, I went around Ohio and we said it's okay to vote that way, and meaning get out and vote early. We were blown away by the early vote numbers. Now, to be fair, a lot of those early voters were going to be with us anyway. By locking them in and turning them out early. You know, it's all part of the job of the Republican machine, of the you know, of the operator class of which I am a part of, and that is to turn people out. And we were thrilled to see that early vote and to see Republicans embrace it.
Speaker 2: It worked for us, it certainly did, and I appreciate your efforts in that regard, and I appreciate everybody who got out and voted early. Now moving over to Issue one, I really thought I would wake up in the morning and see that Issue one had actually passed, given the millions and millions of out of state and foreign money to float into the state to try to convince us that was the right thing to do. Enshrining jerrymandering, in a group of unelected officials. Lo and behold that didn't work. That was amazing.
Speaker 1: You know, I put us on my social media on my Facebook this morning because I'm just sharing of a lot of our party faithful. This is maybe the most rewarding win of my time in politics. And it's not my win. It's a win for the Republicans, led really by Bob Paducciic, my predecessor, and by a lot of people in the state House. We were a big part of it, the OHIOG, but again it was a team effort. Brian. I actually sent a message to my executive director about twenty minutes ago, and I might have used the explictis, but I said we won by eight. I hadn't really looked ultimately at the result because you know, it was a very late night Tuesday, and I'm trying to get over some kind of a head cold thing here. But anyway, I didn't really closely look. I knew we won, but we won that by eight percentage points. Issue one, here's why you just said it once Ohioan's understood it. The far left believes that Americans are stupid. They just do it. They think that they can just pass things by the American people and they're not paying attention. Once people got involved, they realized this was not citizen led. This was forty million dollars an out of state left wing special interest powers pouring into Ohio. They got a former you know, former Justice of the Supreme Court Frankly to be a bit of a stooge for that. Yeah, day, oh, this is citizen led. It not. It wasn't anything like that. This was an effort to strip you, the voter, of your rights the process of doing important public business. Had our press been honest, you would have known about it sooner. But once Ohioland's understood it, they blew it away. Winning that issue by eight percentage points was amazing. You know, I can tell you we did seventy thousand yard signs, bus tours. We had a glass roots effort, kind of unprecedented for the party. We got our yard signs, then we had them out in about three days in about eighty of Ohio's eighty eight county, So you know, it was it was a wonderful, wonderful win. It's important for Ohiolands. You want to be able to elect the people that do public business. You don't want far left special interest groups stripping you of your rights. So Issue one was an outstanding result for Ohio. And by the way, Hamilton County was strong in Issue one. Southwest Ohio was strong in Issue one and they continue to play an important role in what's happening here statewide.
Speaker 2: All right, let's pause, We'll bring Alex Trouncepeela back to talk about Hamilton County. Also, maybe chime in on the across the board victory of the Supreme Court race seven sixteen fifty five karsee the talk station whyn't boost your festivities this season, get a hassle free holiday loan from Emory Federal Credit Union. You can spread cheer, enjoy with the cash you can get with this loan. You can need money for gifts, travel home improvements you need travel for, or money for anything that makes you happy. Get money for anything it doesn't make you happy. The point being if members get one point eighty five percent off the holiday loan while it lasts. The offer ends December thirty first, Emory Federal Credit Union, it's a better way to bank. And their loan rates are always outstanding, and this is one point eighty five percent. They're already low rate, so for more information to apply for a personal loan. To learn more about banking with Emory, either contact any Emory Federal Credit Union location branch or apply online at Emory FCU dot org EMORYFCU dot org again. Offer ends December thirty first, and certain restrictions apply. And I'm Alista number four zero one zero eight seven federally insured NCUA Equal Housing lender.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC and I heart radio station.
Speaker 2: Burn out a financial point. Quick weather here. Cloud's in the most part today seventy for the high overnight lows sixty one sun and sixty four. Tomorrow clouds and forty two overnight and sixty three and are mostly sunny skies on Saturday fifty five. Now time for traffic from the.
Speaker 3: UCL Tranphic Center Lung cancer screening saved lives. If you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, call the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one three five eight four long that's five eight four o un G. Starting to load up on the highways.
Speaker 1: They had a couple of.
Speaker 3: Extra minute seveth bend seventy five through Lochman in northbound seventy five between Buttermilk and Kyle's northbound four seventy one that's running heavy from Grand into town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven nineteen comed up in seven twenty Bryn Thomas here with the head of the Ohio Republican Party, Alex Charantipila, doing a little analysis to the election. Not much need to be said. I think it's considering pretty much a clean sweep Republican side on Ohio generally. It doesn't come as a surprise to me that all three open Supreme Court seats went Republican.
Speaker 1: Well, that's right, and again we were deliberate and selecting three wonderful candidates for those races, two of them from right here in southwest Ohio. Megan Shanahan, you know, perhaps one of the best judges ever to serve here in Hamilton County, now elevated to the state's highest court. My good and dear friend, Justice Joe Dieters, who's the longest serving prosecutor in Hamilton County history. And then there's a great guy named Dan Hawkins who's a judge up in Franklin County in Columbus, who is a you know, former prosecutor as well. You know, very briefly on those guys, we selected guys with prosecute guys and women in Megan Chanta and with prosecutorial experience going you know, going into the the to the bench. And you know, again you and I are lawyers, and we know there's a significant side of that part of that work that's civil in nature. But when the general public looks at their judges, they want judges to keep them safe. And we knew politically that we had judges and had a history of trying to keep you in our community safe and that was going to work. So we had three great candidates, all three one pretty comfortably statewide. All three worked very very hard. So again excited about big wins far three justices, and that makes our court, by the way, here in Ohio fix Republicans to only one Democrat. So again the Republican Party continues to dominate in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Well, and I know you set me up intentionally with the comment prosecutorial experience. As we pivot over to Hamilton County where a demonstrably unqualified person is now the ham or will now be the Hamlin County prosecutor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that You know again, Jennifer, my wife and I were in Columbus, have been largely out of out of the region for most of the month. We you know, we were watching with one eye, you know, back home, because Hamilin County certainly matters, I know, to your listeners and the people in southwest Ohio, and this race matters. It's a reality that, you know, the bigger urban centers continue to be a challenge for Republicans once you get outie to Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati, of course, you know, it's much safer, better, cleaner schools, or better everything is about, you know, better where Republicans are. But the fact of the matter is that was a tough, tough race, and I'm very proud of my friend Melissa Power. She ran a strong, strong campaign, Brian, you know, almost two point five million dollars ultimately raised. I mean, for anybody who knows the inside workings of politics, that's that's just hard work. That's that's getting people to commit to invest in you. That's very, very hard. Melissa made this very close. If you look carefully at the results here in Hamilton County, no other Republican got really close to winning. You know, A case with a partisan label on it like that race. No one got that close, and you know, it's a shame, it's a shame. Most of powers was by far the better candid. We've seen this in American politics, you know, where people just put out their jerseys and qualifications hardly matter, and that's kind of what happened here. So you know, that's that's just a tough one. There's there's no no looking back on that. Feel terrible for Hamilton County. And I hope to God that you know, the guard rails that we have in place, you know, good police officers and you know a few of our good judges will hold that office accountable and make sure that they're doing what they're supposed to do, and that is to oppose publics, do to help us keep public order, public safety. And I get worried about that. One did not like that result one bit.
Speaker 2: Well, and things change out in California after they experienced their woke view of policing and the judiciary, they obviously went the opposite direction. I guess I've been saying, well, last one out, bring the flag. As the Republican Party kind of written off Hamilton County completely at this juncture. Are we still going to keep fighting there?
Speaker 1: Alex, Oh God, no, no, you cannot write it off. And there's something very important for people to know. First of all, my experience a statewide will tell you that there is a thriving Republican party in Columbus, and there's a thriving Republican party in Cleveland, and there is a thriving Republican party here in Hamlin County. There are races outside of these, right there are township trustee races. And you know, there are eight big townships here in Hamilton County that comprise a large segment of the population a lot. And if you live there del High and Anderson and Green, you have Republicans governing you there. And that's better. Believe me, you're better to live in Green Township than you are in the City of Cincinnati. Your taxes are lower, your police force is well funded, you've got good school systems. So those are all Republicans and they governed, and your Republican Party is very active in those races. Also, Brian, this is important. Hamilton County sent one hundred and sixty eight thousand votes plus one hundred and sixty eight thousand votes Q ohioans to elect Donald Trump. Just by by contrast, Butler County, a great, strong Republican county, sent one hundred and twelve thousand votes to the state. So Ohio or Hamilton County will play a key role in keeping Ohio a red red state. So there shouldn't be any thought that you shutter the doors in the Hamilton County Republican Party. That's Frankly, that's crazy talk. You must keep a strong Republican organization in every county in Ohio to help us continue to win Ohio for Republicans and keep common sense conservative governance in place around the state. So any idea that one race, you know, look, there's not a Republican prosecutor in Franklin County. That's Columbus. There's not a Republican prosecutor in Cleveland, in Tyahoga County. They continue to do the important work of electing Republicans, not on these super high profile races, but all the way across the board from Ohio, all the way down to your local townships to compete in judgeships, state representative races. You know, we've got Mike Odoso and Cindy Abrams. Yeah, Bill Blessing and other important Republicans in county. So, by no enough should we stop functioning here in Hamilton County.
Speaker 2: Continue to be a cheerleader. That's great And finally, absolutely brief word, I would expect no less from you, Alex and Avere. Fourth or two Dwaine's going to have an opportunity to replace Sadie Vans's seat, and my listeners are sadly disappointed by the earliest indication, which was going to be Matt Dolan. There's a bunch of rhinos on the list. I will call them that. You don't have to agree with me, because I know how you have to protect across the board of the Republican name. But is Dowine going to listen to anyone? Will he get like they do with judges, Central Committee recommendations and consider them. Will he consider someone perhaps out a little more outside the box than he is typically inclined to do as a more moderate Republican.
Speaker 1: Alex, you know this is the governor's decision one hundred percent, And you know, I honestly don't know if he'll convene any kind of of a process that certainly wouldn't include the Central Committee in or what I expect it to. He is statutorally obligated to make this decision, and he will. So you know, we'll see what the governor does. Look, I have high confidence in the governor. You may not share that, but I have high confidence in the governor to wine. I think he's an intelligent man. I think he's going to carefully weigh all the considerations. Here. Listen, my laying in this and I'll say this publicly, and I'll say to the governor. My laying in this is winning Republican seats in Ohio. And I just want to win that Senate seat. For whoever gets a. Jd. Vance was so good as a United State Center from Ohio that he was selected to be the next Vice President of the United States. I just want to win that seat, and that's going to be my singular focus. Let's find a great candate that can win, and I'll entrust the governor to do his job, all.
Speaker 2: Right, get someone to fire up the base critical in that Alex Transfilo, thank you for the time you spend my listeners of me today. Appreciate your thoughtful analysis. I'll look forward to talking with you again down the road. And congratulations your hard work paid off. Clearly you're in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Take care now, Brad you two seven twenty seven fifty five KCD talk station. Save money, Get your car into Foreign Exchange, get it fixed with the full warranty on parts of the service by an ASC certified Master technician, and don't pay as much money as you would pay at the dealer. That is the point of Foreign Exchange. Been going there for years. I've saved all kinds of money. And while they do man, they do service all imported autobiles, whether they're from Europe or Asia, traditional European Asian manufacturers. Honestly, I don't even know where they manufacture Tesla's, but welcome to EVS. They are now fully trained to service your Tesla EV. So take it to Foreign Exchange and save money over Elon Musk's dealership. Westchester is where I go. The Foreign Exchange location in west Chester. That's the Tylersville exit off of seventy five. Head east off the exit two streets hanging right on Kinglin. Just there the other day with my wife's car, and I sure know I saved money on that, considering it was parts in labor on a German Garb Foreign Exchange Online Foreign x dot Com for in the letter X dot com tell Branson, I when you call its five one three six, four four twenty six twenty six six four four twenty six, twenty six fifty five KRC