Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, we always have to watch out for inflammation. Inflammation is going to cause a lot of problems, whether it is joint pain or headaches, or chest pain or stomach aches or menstrual problems. So we really want to reduce inflammation. One of the main causes of inflammation is chemical exposure. So we got to avoid all these chemicals. And these chemicals are everywhere, you know, starting from those perfumes, right, So a lot of people were perfumes where they use the glade sprays, those plug ins, fabrize, we use candles, incense, all the stuff to make your house smell good, your body smell good, the deodorants, the shampoos, the soaps. Right, if you look at your ingredients, most of these products will have fragrance. If the ingredients have fragrance, and it's that's toxic chemicals. Because all of these smells are synthetic, they're not real, right, unless you get like a pupa rie type of thing where you're getting stuff natural from the earth. But stuff you're gonna buy it's CBS or the supermarket, whole food stuff like that, it's gonna be full of chemicals. Look at the ingredients of anything that you eat, anything that you put on your body. We have to avoid these chemicals. And it starts from fragrance. It's in the laundry detergence. These fragrances are everywhere everywhere, all right, So we have to look at the ingredients. If it says fragrance, stay away from it. That's a bad chemical. Right now, what can you get if you want your room to smell kind of nice and clean, you know you're trying to cover up something bad. You can get essential oils and use a diffuser. Now, get good quality essential oils that you use in a diffuser, you know, such as whatever it is, Doughtera, Young Living. You know, there's some quality companies out there, but most of them are not most of them are toxic chemicals. Right, So if you need something to get better smell in your room, use essential oils diffuser. If you need something for like deodorant, you can even just use baking soda that gets rid of bad odors with no fragrance. Baking soda is amazing, like getting rid of bad odors, right, and it's super cheap, you know. Just make sure there's no aluminum in it. But start using baking soda. You can even use it for your teeth too, could use it for your stomach, You could use it to clean, you could use it as deodorant. A lot of good uses for baking soda. Okay, if you use more baking soda, you avoid the chemicals, less bleach, more vinegar, all right, So switch out those toxic chemicals for something more natural. You can use lemon for a lot of things. Get rid of those chemicals. They're everywhere, right, So from your toothpaste. Your toothpaste has fluoride. Fluoride is a known neurotoxin. It's a neurotoxin. It causes lots of inflammation in your brain. Why are we gonna brush our teeth with a chemical that causes brain inflammation because we've been brainwashed into thinking that fluoride is gonna keep your teeth healthy. It's not true. But there is evidence that shows fluoride is a toxic chemical. There's not good evidence that supports all this fluoride helps prevent all these cavities. I don't use fluoride. I've never had a cavity in my life. Ever, every time I go, they don't. They already know no fluoride. They know, and they know I'm a functional neurologist. They wish they had my teeth. I'm the only one that never gets cavities. And I'm also one of the only ones that doesn't use fluoride. We don't need fluoride. They put it in the water. Don't drink water with fluoride. You gotta get a high duty filter to filter it out. Don't have it in the toothpaste. Don't have it in your water when you go to the dentist, don't have the hygiannis use fluoride. Start decreasing your fluoride intake. When I had my first baby thirteen years years ago, I come home one day and my wife bought this jug of water that had a picture of a baby on it, and I said, extra fluoride for infants. And I was like, what extra fluoride for infants? This is a brand new baby, and I'm gonna put a toxic chemical like fluoride and have them drink it said, what is wrong with this world? And that fluoride water jug was in plastic water. And when you drink out of a water bottle, the plastic leak into the water, so you're drinking more toxic chemicals. It's bad enough you got the fluoride in the water, Now we got plastic water bottles. Always drink from glass or stainless steel. These plastics in the water bottles are endocrane disruptors. You can actually lose weight by stop drinking out of plastic water bottles. If you don't drink out of plastic water bottle, it also helps the environment. America is the worst country with all this plastics. Start using glass. You go to Europe, everything's in glass, and then they come and they clean it and they refill it. Here, it's okay plastic. I'll throw it out. Plastic bottle, throw it out. And even worse when you reuse it. Every time you reuse it, you're getting more toxic chemicals from those plastics, more endocrine disruptors. The average human eats about a credit card worth of plastics every year, and it's getting bigger and bigger. Scary, these plastics are bad for the environment, they're bad for our health. If you get a really good filter, guess what, You're gonna save a lot of money in the end, because then you don't have to buy these water bottles anymore, these water jugs. If you want a good, really cost effective, high duty water filter, email me info at kapl and Brain and Body, and I'll give you a good recommendation. I have a good local guy. I'll come to your house go over the options at a real good price. You know, if you if you tell them that I sent you, okay, just email me. All right, But we got to get rid of those plasts. The stop storing your food in plastics, stored in glass or stainless steel. And definitely don't microwave plastics. So should never use a microwave. There's no need. Just use a toaster oven, put it on bake, you heat it up quickly. You do not need microwaves. And you especially don't want to use microwave with plastic. And I don't care if it's a microwave safe. All these things they tell you are safe. They say the five G towers are safe, they say the Wi Fi is safe. It's not safe don't talk on the phone next to your head. You're literally radiating your brain. Reduce your electromagnetic radiation exposure. There are only a lot a certain amount of radiation before cancer develops. So when I go to the dentist, I don't get the fluoride or the X rays. They don't like me there, right, but I'm my health advocate. I gotta stand up for myself. You don't always have to take the drug that the doctor prescribes, get a second opinion. You don't always have to do the surgery that the doctor recommends. Do the surgery. In my opinion, it's always best to start off conservative first. Do holistic, integrative, low impact, low risk therapies first. If that doesn't work, then you could try medication. The medication doesn't work, then you could do a surgery. But don't do the surgery first. Of the medication first. Those are all only if you've used all the alternative, holistic, integrative, natural solutions and most of the body can heal on its own. We just got to get rid of interference, and one of the biggest interference are these toxic chemicals fluoride, plastics, fragrances. These cause lots of inflammation. Heavy metals cause lots of inflammation, right, so we gotta get rid of all these heavy metals. Sometimes we have mercury in our teeth, and we have mercury in our fish, and it's leaking into our body and we're consuming it into our gut. There's lead is in the water or in the paint chips. Sometimes we have arsenic in apple juice and brown rice and cadmien and fried chicken. Heavy metals are everywhere. You get aluminum, foil, aluminum cans, illuminum cooking pans. Stop using aluminum, don't touch aluminum, don't store stuff in allum. Use glass and stainless steel. Cook with stainless steel. Stop using aluminum or teflon pans. You gotta stay away from these toxic chemicals. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with doctor Eric Kamplin every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, we have to reduce toxic chemical exposure. Sometimes we are exposed to mercury. Mercury can be in artique from those old mercury fillings. Now sometimes it'd be dangerous if you try and take out these mercury fillings. It's like opening up Pandora's box.
Speaker 4: Now you release the mercury into your bloodstream, into your gut, and then it can rehab it and actually into your brain.
Speaker 2: If you have a leaky brain due to inflammation. Now you have these holes and passageways where the mercury could get into the brain. Mercury is in one of the flu shots, in the form of thimeristol. Why so there used to be a lot of mercury in the vaccines. But actually, at one point Robert F. Kennedy Junior, actually, who was an environmental lawyer, decided to get the mercury out of the fish because he noticed that people were eating these fish and getting high levels of mercury, in fact, to the point of mercury poisoning. And he was an environmentalist and said, okay, let's clean the water. You know, he actually cleaned the Hudson Water in New York City, so he's always been responsible for cleaning the water. And one of the big things he also wanted to do is get the mercury out of the fish. I always thought he had a funny line. When he tried to get the mercury out of the fish, no one called him anti fish, but when he tried to get the mercury out of the vaccines, everyone called him anti vax So just a way of calling him a conspiracy theorist to make sure that people did not trust him. But to me, I like people that try and get the water clean try and get the air clean, reduce pollution, get our food clean. This week, they just had an announcement that they banned one of the red food dyes. So that's exciting, you know, hopefully they'll ban all these food dies. You know, some states have banned certain food dyes. But these food dyes are toxic chemicals. Mercury is toxic, which get in our teeth, and food dyes are toxic as well. Food dyes are everywhere, right, you gotta look at the ingredients and almost all the candies you got food dye. A lot of these gums are full of food dye. Medication has food dye, you know, vitamins, gummies, they all have food dye. Stop eating stuff with food dye, especially all these you know, skittles and eminems and all these cakes with all the different colors and cookies and oh my gosh, too much food dye. It causes add adhd It causes inflammation, tourettes, autism, chemicals inflame the brain, a lot of allergies, autoimmune diseases, troubles with focus, brain fig anxiety, sleeping difficulties. The list goes on and on. Most countries have banned all these food dies, but not in America. So you gotta be careful what you feed your family. Stay away from things in boxes and cans and bags. Start eating real food, real food, natural from the earth, one ingredient food that you could actually just think like you're a hunter gatherer. Can I pick this from a tree? Can I grab it from a bush? Can I take it from the ground? Can I catch it in the ocean? Can I get it from a nest? Can I hunt it? Can I gather it? Just eat from the earth, not stuff that's produced in a lab or a factory. And I'm also talking about supplements. We don't need all these supplements. It's not real food. The brain doesn't recognize it. The brain recognizes an orange. It does not recognize a vitamin C pill. It's different, Okay. The brain recognizes oysters which have zinc in it. It doesn't recognize a zinc pill. The brain recognizes when the sun is setting. It doesn't recognize a melatonin pill. If you want to get good sleep, you gotta watch the sun set. Stop taking melatonin pills because then the body says, I don't need to produce it on my own. But when you see the sunset, then you start producing melatonin on your own when you dim the lights when you get home, you start increasing your melatonin when you turn off all your electronics. Now your melatonin can increase. When you stop eating after six pm, your melatonin will increase, so you get good rest. So we got to avoid these food dyes. We got to avoid the food pesticides, herbicides. You've heard of, glyphosate, round up. It's the chemicals that they spray on the foods so that they don't get eaten by the bugs. Then what they do with all these soy and corn and wheat products, all these grains, they're all genetically modified to be resistant to the chemicals round up that they spray. So all this crap that we're eating is genetically modified to be resistant to the cancer causing chemical called round up or glyphosate that they spray on most of our foods all across the farmlands in America. It's very hard to eat healthy food that's not full of toxic chemicals. So stop eating all these grains, Stop eating all the dairy, all the corn products, the soy products, all these sea eat oils, all these food dyes, all these preservatives, artificial sweeteners, sweet and low aspertain. Stay away from all the artificial sweeteners. Stop getting stuff that's sugar free. It's full of toxic chemicals. Never get anything sugar free. Unsweetened is okay if with sugar free they're replacing sugar, which is banned out with some artificial sugar. And these artificial sugars are toxic chemicals that cause cancer. I don't want cancer. Get rid of these artificial sweeteners. They should be banned. They should all be banned. Most countries have only seven hundred chemicals that they're allowed. America is like one of the only countries. We have about ten thousand chemicals that's approved that it's considered safe for consumption. Ten thousand. Most countries have a few hundred. It sucks, but that's the reality. So you've got to avoid all these toxic chemicals. You have to make the choice. If you just do what the ninety nine percent does, you're gonna end up like the ninety nine percent with cancer that comes from toxic chemicals. Autism from toxic chemical exposure, touretts toxic chemical exposure, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's toxic chemical exposure, all these allergies, autoimmune disease, toxic chemical exposures. I don't want any of that. So we have to avoid our toxins, right, And a lot of it comes from our food, right, A lot of it comes from our food. It could be in our water, right, could we said it the water bottles or the lead in the water. They even find drugs like prescription pills in the water, right. So it's in the water, it's in the food. It's in the air, right. All the pollution in the air, especially around New York City. So it's in the water, it's in the food, it's in the air, it's everywhere. You can't avoid it. A baby before they're even born has about three hundred chemicals that they're exposed to, So don't add more. Don't drink water with fluoride. You gotta get the high duty filter to filter it out. Don't have it in the toothpaste, don't have it in your water when you go to the dentist. Don't have the high giannis use fluoride. Start decreasing your fluoride intake. When I had my first baby thirteen years ago, I come home one day and my wife bought this jug of water that had a picture of a baby on it, and I said extra fluoride for infants. And I was like, what extra fluoride for infants? This is a brand new baby, and I'm gonna put a toxic chemical like fluoride and have them drink it? Said, what is wrong with this world? And that fluoride water jug was in plastic water. And when you drink out of a water bottle, the plastic leak into the water, so you're drinking more toxic chemicals. It's bad enough you got the fluoride in the water. Now we got plastic water bottles. Always drink from glass or stainless steel. These plastics in the water bottles are endocrane disruptors. Can actually lose weight by stop drinking out of plastic water bottles. If you don't drink out of plastic water bottles, it also helps the environment reduce the amount of chemical exposures. The clothes have chemicals like the polyester those workout all the spandex Those are toxic chemicals that get into your skin. So just wear cotton, old school cotton. Right. There's there's chemicals everywhere. All this antibacterial stuff, all the antibacterial soaps, the antibacterial lotions, antibacterial sprays, the purells, all this, all this cleaning stuff, these bleaches and die eyes. It's all these toxic chemicals. All the female makeups, hair dyes, uh mail, polish, mascara, eyeliner, blush and nation and all this crap. It's toxic chemicals. All the moisturizers, the suntan lotions. The suntan lotions are the most toxic chemicals out of all of them. All the conditioners, the shampoos, the soaps, the odorants, all the cleaning, the dishwasher stuff for the laundry, detergent, the fabric softeners. Think about everything in your house is toxic. Start living a more natural life. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function Better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, we can get inflammation from chemical stress, so we have to avoid all the toxic chemicals, but we can also get it from emotional stress. Right, So, emotional stress might be at your home life. You might have a bad relationship with your spouse, or your parents, or your kids or your sibling, so you might have an emotional problem. You might have problems at your job or at your school. You might not be happy at your job, you don't have a passion for what you do, or it's not rewarding, or your boss is mean, or your coworkers don't respect you, or you don't get us satisfied with your salary, or you don't feel like you're doing any good in the world, something like that. Right, So, if you're going to a job every day that you don't like, that's going to cause an emotional stress, which causes inflammation. The worst phrase in the world is thank God it's Friday. That means every day you hate what you're doing and you can't wait for your week to be over. What you want to do is find a job where you say, thank God it's a Monday. That you love to go to your job. You love your coworkers, you love your boss, you love your salary. You have a passion for what you do. You feel like you're giving to the world. You're appreciated by your patients or your clients. Do something that you love, that you contribute to the world, that you feel respected, that you feel like you're contributing. All right, But if you don't have that, you're gonna be emotionally stressed, and that causes inflammation. And when you have inflammation, you're more likely to get sick. You're more likely to get a stroke or a heart attack. Right. The old model used to be, Oh, if you have high cholesterol, you're already gonna get clogged and you're gonna get a stroke or heart attack. Therefore, let's give everyone stating drugs and blood thinners. Everybody gets stating drugs. Everybody's taught, oh, take your little baby assprint to thin your blood. It's not nineteen fifty anymore. We know the truth that inflammation is the key. If you decrease your inflammation, you decrease your chance of heart attack and stroke. There's a few things that you could take that are natural to reduce inflammation and tumoric. That's one thing, risveratrol that's good from Japanese, not weed or the skin of red grapes. Omega three fatty fish oils pretty good for reducing inflammation. Right. These are easy, natural things that we get from the earth without any medication, without any toxic chemicals, without any risk or side effects. Right now, you can't do a medication for blood dinner and do it the natural way. That could be too much. Right. You always got to talk to your doctor about anything that we speak about, because everybody's all right, But The key is to reduce that inflammation and reduce your emotional stress. Do you know the number one time for heart attack and stroke is Monday morning because people are going to a job that stresses them out. The number one time for a heart attack or stroke, it's due to stress, not due to cholesterol. Cholesterol is good. We need cholesterol. It's good for your hormones. It's good for your cell membranes. They're the building blocks, all right. So why are we always trying to bring down our cholesterol? Do you know that statin drugs can cause dementia, can cause a lot of joint pain. We've had a lot of patients that bring down their cholesterol to a healthy state normally and have a good ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol. Now, most doctors only care about the total cholesterol. If it's above two hundred, they want to write you a prescription for statins. It's not that simple because what if your HDL, which is your good coolesterol, what if that's really high? What I it's over one hundred, and that's the reason that your total cholesterol is so high. That's the reason your HDL is high. You got a great ratio. Do you really want to take drugs, Is that really the best root because maybe that cholesterol is helping you. Maybe taking antibiotics isn't your best route because maybe these bacteria are helping you. Maybe probiotics can actually be a better benefit because probiotics increase the good bacteria, and your best defense against bad bacteria is good bacteria. Because if you take antibiotics, now you're killing off the good bacteria. Now you're more susceptible to future infections. We need good bacteria play in the dirt. Don't be so pure with all your bleaches and antibacterial medication, antibiotics, antibacterial losions, purel antibacterial sprays. We need bacteria that'll bring down our inflammation. Probiotics, good bacteria. If you take probiotics, you want to switch it every two months because you need different bacteria. Each bacteria has a different job. Okay, so we need bacteria. We need cholesterol. Don't make these guys out to be so bad. Now. What we don't need is inflammation. That means there's dysfunction in our body. You could do blood work to see if you have any of these inflammatory markers. Crp C reactive protein that's a good inflammatory marker ESR homocystein. They kind of tell us what's going on with your inflammation. It's good to know. Check out your own I got three, ton't make a six ratio. The ratio is off, You're gonna have more likely to have inflammation. Now, if you have a lot of inflammation and you have high blood pressure, and you have high triglycerides, and you have high LDL bed cholesterol and your hemoglobin, anyone sees how you're festing, glucose is high, and you have a lot of high stress. Right, So you got diabetes, you got high blood pressure, high triglycerides, high cholesterol. That's called a metabolic syndrome. Now you're at risk for heart attack and stroke. Right, So now we gotta take action. Gotta start eating healthier, gotta start exercising, reducing your emotional stress, going to bed earlier, A lot of stuff you could do to improve all that, but you gotta take action. And action isn't just getting more prescription pills. Because it takes one pill, then that leads to another, then that leads to another, and then there's a side effect that when you do more. We don't know how they interact. Let's try to start living a more natural, holistic, integrative life, living off the earth, using the sunlight and oxygen and clean water and clean food, and have good relationships and give to the world. Get good sleep, physical exercise. Stop having such a sedentary lifestyle. The more you sit, the more inflammation you have. Okay, now you can have emotional stress from your job, you can have it from your home life. You can have it, you know, you know, whatever it is, money situations, school situations, might have death in the family. You know. There's so many causes of emotional stress. But you got to get your brain stronger so it can handle the stress. Right, we all have emotional stress, But how does your brain handle it. Do you get anxiety? Do you get pack attacks? Does your heart start beating, does your mind start racing? You can't sleep, you get sleep deprivation, you get cordisol, the stress hormone. You can't lose that body weight, or you stop eating and you lose too much weight. Do you get depression? Just give up, just lose motivation. So the stress is the silent killer. You've got to reduce emotional stress. An easy physical activity you could do on your own to reduce emotional stress is gargling, singing, humming, swallowing, making animal noises. All this can relax your nervous system. Screaming, right, that will help to relax your nervous system, stimulating your power sympathetic nervous system. But when you have anxiety, just change the atmosphere, get out of that room, leave the house, get your mind off it, don't do all Just calm down, relax, don't try and talk yourself down. That's not the best thing. And you have emotional stress. Sometimes you gotta get out of a bad job, get out of a bad living situation, break up with somebody you know. Sometimes you gotta make major changes. Or other times you just got to accept people for who they are. Let's say you know Joe is who Joe is. Because Joe is who Joe is. Just accept them and that'll take pressure off. You see the good in every bad situation. Flip the script. I can make any bad situation positive. I don't care what it is. Always learn from it. You know, the smartest people fail. You fail over and over, so you learn from your mistakes. You learn from the bad. Right, you gotta make mistakes so you could learn from them. So you gotta take chances you gotta get uncomfortable to get your brain stronger. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, Brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor you Kaplin, or visit caplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you are listening to boost your brain power. Now. Anxiety is the silent killer. It makes every condition worse. Whether it's cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, headaches, dizziness, pain, I don't care what your problem is. If you have poor digestion, bad period, poor respiration, poor cardiac function, stress will make everything worse. Everything. So if you have anxiety, the keys distraction. Stop talking to the person not to make you anxious, Get off that phone, call up watching that news program, get out of the house, go for a walk, change the subject, do a new activity. Distraction. That is the key for anxiety. If you have depression, the key is progression. Progression in anything, but hopefully something with your health. You know, maybe you run an extra quarter of a mile, or you lift an extra five pounds, or do an extra rep or go to bed a little bit earlier, or drink an extra glass of water, or eat a little healthier food, or avoid that glass of wine or beer. Do something where you're making progression. Progression in your work, you know, getting a higher salary, getting promotion, getting more recognition, getting a degree. Right you're education, taking it to the next life level, getting good grades, improving your scores, adding to your resume. You know, there you've got to make progression in your every aspect, your spirituality, praying more, going to church more, charity, giving to others, volunteering more. When every aspect of your life you want to progress. I love caring for others, giving to others every aspect. I don't care what it is. Learning how to be more handy you know, putting up a shelf. Learning how to be a better gardener, learn how to plant. Learn more about your car, learn how to change a tire, learn about how to make a fire. Progress in your life. Don't keep doing the same things over and over. The key for depression is progression. The key to improving your memory is novelty. You have to do new things every single day of your life. Do something new. I don't care what it is. Can you learn a new musical instrument yep. Can you learn a new dance yep. Learn a new language, yep. Go to a new place, learn how to cook a new meal, meet a new person, take a new vacation. Doesn't have to be major. It could be okay, I'm gonna brush my teeth with my left hand for the first time. Could be something just silly. I'm gonna take off my right shoe, walk backwards while whistling Dixie. Never done that before. Let me learn a game that I've never learned. I've never learned how to play chess. I've never learned how to do sudoku. Right, So just anything new. It's called novelty. You want your brain to improve the memory and the focus as you get older, you gotta start doing novelty. You want to improve your vision, you gotta do eye exercises. Right. You could get rid of anxiety, you could get rid of depression. You can improve your memory, You can improve your vision. You just gotta work for it. The best eye exercise is called a brock string exercise. These these different colored beads that are attached to a string that can move at different distances to strengthen your eye muscles. Your eye muscles are just like your biceps or your triceps. You use it or you lose it. So how come you exercise your muscles by doing weights, but you don't exercise your eyes. In fact, you do the exact opposite by looking all these screens and two dimensional smart devices. Your eyes get weaker and weaker by the day. So do yourself a favor. Get yourself a rock string. If you want that, Just contact my office. You want to improve your posture, do posture exercises. You want to improve your heart, do cardiovascular exercises. You want to improve your flexibility, do stretching. This isn't rocket science. People. You want to improve your smell, you do smelling exercises. You want to improve your hearing, you do hearing exercises. You want to improve your basketball skills, you play basketball more. Okay, but all these people complain about their memory but aren't doing any memory exercises. You could do a lot of memory exercises. You can work with your family. You can download this online. It's called a SCAT six. It's mostly for concut Russian. But all these little brain exercises, and you know, you read ten words and see how many words you could repeat back of those ten words, or you do little subtraction things or balance things. That's a pretty cool test just to check out your brain and see how you're doing. If you want to check your memory, you could do a Mocha test. You can download that Mocha m c A. This stuff's all free. It scores you. You got to take the test, do it with a partner, and you got to get twenty six at thirty to be normal. There's you know, different versions, so don't do the same version. One person does one version, the other person does the other version. Right, But if you really want to figure out how your brain's doing, if you're susceptible to Parkinson's or a stroke, or dementia or Alzheimer's. You know, if you're susceptible to these neurological disorders anxiety depression add ADHD. Think you got autism or Aspergers or turetts, you think you have problems with headaches or dizziness, you gotta do a thorough neurological evaluation. We're gonna give a gift. I'm gonna go over three neurological evaluations. They're normally six hundred dollars each, but if you stick around to the end, you're gonna find out how you get each test for only twenty one dollars. The first test is called a q EEG brain mapping. For this test, you wear a cap. It's got electrodes attached to it. It measures all your different brain waves, your alpha, beta, beta delta, and based on the location of the abnormal brain waves, it's gonna tell us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which area of the brains are not functioning well. Now it's gonna tell us you have sleep deprivation, insomnia. Do you have troubles with long term memory, short term memory, immediate sequential memory. Do you have trouble shifting tests, trouble with motivation, organization, planning, abnormal social behavior, anxiety, depression? Do you have sensory issues with smell, sight, hearing, tonight is floaters? Do you have a problem uh with your balance, your coordination with your gate? Do you have problems with neurotransmitters of seat of coaling dopamine? Do you have a thyroid problem with testinal inflammation, concussion, heavy metal to heavy metal poisoning, and cephalopathies. It picks up all of this, this qEEG brain mapping. It's amazing. There's no radiation, there's no contrast fluid. You don't have to sit in some small tube. All you gotta do is sit in a chair for about ten minutes with your eyes closed, and we can measure all your different brain waves. Normally six hundred dollars, but we're gonna tell you how you get it for twenty one dollars in just a couple of minutes. The second test, it's called a VNG video nostography, where you measure these goggles, and these goggles have infrared cameras. These infrared cameras measure your eye movements and they go left and right and up and down and fast and sow and dark and light and with fixation without fixation. So it literally measures which areas are overactive and which areas are underactive. They're overactive, you get more anxiety and panic and heart palpitations, and the mind's racing so fast and you can't sleep and you can't think. The areas that are underactive, you're gonna have fatigue, you're gonna have brain fog, low motivation, depresh, and everything is slow metabolism, weight gain. So the VNG will tell us which areas are overactive, which areas are underactive. Is the right brain, the left brain, it's the front door, the parietal tells us everything. That's why I love this VNG. Also no radiation or contrast fluid. That test is also normally six hundred dollars. First seven people to call, text or email can also get that for only twenty one dollars. Now. The third test is a one on one with me, where I spend about forty five minutes. I check out your memory, your balance, your coordination. I listen to your lungs, your heart, your gut. We go over your range of motion, your alignment, your posture. Then it also go over your qEEG, branding, mapping, your VNG, and if you've done any blood work or any MRIs or cat scans or anything like that. Also this test, this one on one, is normally six hundred dollars. We go over a diagnosis, a prognosis. My recommendations was all are holistic, no medication, no surgeries, no interventions, no risks, very integrative without any side effects. This test is also normally six hundred dollars. You could get it all for only twenty one dollars. And if you want to do all three, here is the phone number that you could call our texts and all you have to do is say you want to be one of the first seven people because you listen to the radio show that you want to do all three tests for twenty one dollars each, the qEEG, the VNG, and the one on one with me. The phone number is six four six two two one six seven three eight six four, six, two, two, one, six, seven, three eight, or if you'd rather email, that's fine. If you want the first seven people to email, you can get those three tests as well. The email is info at Kaplinbraininbody dot com. If you like the show and you're interested in getting my book, you can go on Amazon. My book is called Boost Your Brain Power, a Guide to improving your memory and Focus. If you want to go to my website, you can find out about our offices. We have offices in New Jersey and New York City. We're also seeing a lot of people virtually. Just visit our website kaplindc dot com to get more information. You can also check out our free videos on YouTube. You can go to Caplin Brain and Body. You can sign up for notifications like our page share. If you're on social media, you can go on our Instagram at Kaplan Brain Body, and if you'd rather do Facebook, you could look us up. Our page is Kaplin Braining Body and we also have a TikTok at doctor Eric Caplan. If you want to listen to some of the old shows, just go on your application for the radio show, where you go on the website and just put in my name doctor Eric Kaplan put in the show boost your brain Power, and you can go to archives to listen to all my old shows. So that way, I know you don't hear it every week, but this way you can listen to the past shows just in case you don't hear it the first time. That way you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you just listen to boost your brain power. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, wait loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplan, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed