Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kfi AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: That's where you would start if you wanted to see what it was like to be blind, But closing your eyes seems a little bit two on the nose, maybe to see if you were actually blind. Gary and Shannon kfi AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. The Return of Yellowstone delivered the show's biggest premiere night audience ever across cable and CBS. The season five, Part two debut drew sixteen almost sixteen and a half million viewers.
Speaker 1: Did you get in trouble at all for saying earlier what happened in the episode?
Speaker 2: Everyone knew it was coming right, Well, I I don't. There was one person who on talkback said WTAF WTAF maybe absolute actual, actual what it is, but it's not. That wasn't a giant spoiler. It happens in the first thirty seconds of the show and sets up sort of what they're going to do for the rest of the season, and knowing the machinations in the first part of season anyway, sixteen point five million is what they're doing. Did you see that? Denzel says he's going to.
Speaker 1: Retire Denzel Perriman wrong, Denzel Washington best actor ever? Yeah, I think Denzel Perryman was named after him.
Speaker 2: He plans to retire from Hollywood. He's got a slate of movies that he's working on, but he says after that he's going to retire. He said, I've been talking with Steve McQueen about a film. After that. Ryan Coogler's writing apart for me in the next Black Panther. After that, I'm going to do the film Othello. After that, I'm going to do King Lear And after that I'm going to retire Shakespeare. Couple he started in Shakespeare. He said he did a fellow at twenty two. Oh okay, so it's like a full circle moment. Yeah, that'd be quite cool.
Speaker 1: I have your jet pretty question before we get to Trump's cabinet. What is the number one top selling jersey in the NFL right now today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Can I ask a quick follow up? Yes, well, it's a silly question. I think I'm already I was gonna say, is it a current player? Yes? Okay, most popular jersey.
Speaker 1: From the NFL top selling, number one top selling jersey in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Number one top selling jersey the NFL. You know what they say in Star Wars? Look within? That's they do? Do they not say that within? I feel like Yoda says that or someone Darth Vader. Is it the Trevor Lawrence jersey that comes with its own wig?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Would it be justin Herbert? What did I What advice did I give you? Look within? Look within? Within? Where your heart my heart? Yes?
Speaker 4: C J.
Speaker 1: Stroud right there, right inside your dead cold heart.
Speaker 2: But the largest, the largest size they have is a medium. No, that's Bryce Young.
Speaker 5: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud is six three. You keep saying this. C J. Stroud is this huge person.
Speaker 1: Bryce Young is the one who's five ten maybe both like five ft four.
Speaker 2: That is you're so you're wrong. Do you want to know what the rest of the list is? Yes?
Speaker 1: Number two, Caleb Williams, Number three, Patrick Mahomes number four, Aiden Hutchinson number five. I was gonna say something mean like that comes with crutches or something, but I didn't. Number five, Jaden Daniels, number six, I'm on ros Saint Brown number seven, Ceed Lamb number eight, Josh Allen number nine Justin Jefferson and number ten Max Crosby.
Speaker 2: So am, I right, Saint Brown is the first non quarterback on that list. The top five or six are all quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Let me see here, one, two, three, No, Aiden Hutchinson's not a quarter.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, that's good. Yeah, there you go. Time for swamp watch. Swamp is horrible, the government doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Good man, You're gonna make this like a reality TV show bad.
Speaker 2: Which is always a pleasure to be in it. Within Washington, z c. Hey, Joe, it was like a town and it could have been the never ending story in so many ways. Still a swamp watch, make, he said, drained the swamp. I said, oh that's so keep You know the thing, Well, we're getting closer to a Trump presidency, the forty seventh president of the United States, and we know some of who would be in his cabinet if he were to pick today. The Republican Florida Senator Marco Rubio, seen as a pretty hawkish unfeign policy, tough on China, tough on Iran, he would be Secretary of According to some of these reports, he was also in consideration to be a running mate be the vice president. On the ticket before Trump selected Jade Vance. And I remember, listen, we talked about this in that first segment. Susie Wilds, of course, who's now been named chief of Staff. Incredibly powerful woman and apparently incredibly powerful when it comes to fleshing out this cabinet. Marco Rubio is one of her favorites, and apparently she had a large hand in suggesting him for Secretary of State.
Speaker 1: So I was reading this article about how Democrats lost Latinos and how this is too great of a voting block to lose. They say millions of Latinos in this country, just like the white auto workers in Michigan, the truck drivers in Pennsylvania, that they feel like they're getting left behind in this global economy that the Democrats preach that seems to fuel itself by hollowing out border towns and still steel mill cities. For decades, Democrats relied on Latinos seeing Republicans as racist or hostile to immigrants, to keep high percentages of that group's support. But now Latinos seem to have lost faith and the Democrats handle on the economy, even with Trump's you know, chants at times accusing immigrants of poisoning the blood of our country. They say that they they just care about the working class. Over eighty percent of Latinos are working class. An enormous number of them are strivers for working manual labor. Trump's appeal in a Latino meatpacking town looks a lot like his appeal in the white factory towns in Michigan and Pennsylvania. But these are the working class, the people that feel left out by the elite. And it used to just be the white people in Appalachia, but now it's the Latinos and working towns.
Speaker 2: I saw a statistic that there are I believe it's fourteen counties in Texas along the Rio Grande River, and that four years ago only five of them voted for Trump. This round, twelve of those fourteen counties along the Rio grand voted for Trump. And obviously they're very heavily Latino populated counties, but that would be a very specific evidence that they broke for Trump this year. Here is something else.
Speaker 1: They lost support, even Democrats did, even among undocumented Latinos that there were friends in Excuse me, this one woman they spoke to, she says, I've got friends in one of these border towns, though they couldn't vote, nonetheless supported Trump. Some had lived in the States for decades, working long hours, paying Social Security taxes they'd never get back. They felt bitter and aggrieved that the newest arrivals, especially people from Venezuela, had been given that humanitarian Biden kiss, the humanitarian parole while they themselves still lacked legal status, that the newcomers are getting ahead of in line over them because of the Democrats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that feeling, I think they've put this article puts it very well. The feeling of being cut in line is the glue that unites conservatives in this country. Whatever arena that is, if you feel like you've waited patiently for your opportunity and it's been taken away from you or handed to somebody else who didn't deserve it, that was a uniting theme. And in this case it happens to be immigration, which is a pretty significant and inescapable truth about what happened last Tuesday. So how do they fix it? It makes sense, you know when you think.
Speaker 1: About when the Democrats were winning all the Latino votes and you know, amnesty and all these things. That was you know, a long time ago that people have been here for decades now. They don't identify with the people coming in from Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean one of those people they She said she's at ninety seven percent Latino. Sorry, Star County is ninety seven percent Latino. Star is more Mexican by population than some places in Mexico because of the demographics live within. When we come back the court cases and the ongoing court cases against President elect Trump, what that means going forward, because the New York judge has decided to punt a bit when it comes to the criminal hush money conviction. News Nation's Laura Ingle is going to join us in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Tuesday, November twelfth. A senior police official is warning of calls for more rioting in Amsterdam after those and some people armed with sticks and firecrackers set a tram on fire last night. The city is facing tensions following violence last week the targeted fans IF, an Israeli soccer club. One of the Amsterdam police officers told a court hearing, we have signals that there are calls for similar unrest in the western part of that city. We've got your chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website money. That's money, mon Ey. Enter it now at KFIAM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: Money is that keyword? It goes again on the website. We'll let you know via email if you won your thousand bucks and do it again an hour from now.
Speaker 1: We were talking about only children and more and more households that are deciding to just have the one child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was that a decision for you or did you grow up as a single child, a lone lone child, only child, only child. I'm always fascinated by when was the moment you realized, oh, not every family is like mine. Yeah, I mean there are times, you know, you spend the night at a friend's house or or you know, college or something like that. My roommate in college, had a he had a weird, weird life. It just there was there was like, well, there was some abuse in the home. There was some confusion in the home. There was a lot of weird stuff. Abuse like mild abuse or real abuse. It was pretty serious. Oh wow. Yeah, I mean he was a very well adjusted guy. He hadn't worked through everything, but and he was very honest with me. And he was still, I mean, just a great guy. But yeah, that that opened my eyes quite a bit. Not everything was Pollyanna. Yeah, you thought your house was the way all houses were. Yeah, that is not the case now, not by a long shot, that's for certain. We also got a call from.
Speaker 5: Mary and this is Mike from the High High Desert.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to tell you guys that I love you've done.
Speaker 7: I listened to your every day.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that. Appreciate especially if you're out in the High Desert. A couple other names we didn't get to regarding potential cabinet picks. Environmental Protection Agency director Lee Zelden. He is a congressman from New York. He was once a gubernatorial candidate outspoken defender of Trump. During his first impeachment, Trump mentioned Lee Zelden's legal background, which is he's going to probably lean on the APIA to roll back some of the environmental regulations. At least. The fanic from a congresswoman from New York could be the UN ambassador pick Christy noam In as Homeland Security Secretary, obviously helping team up with Tom Holman to oversee the immigration crackdown. We already mentioned Susie Wiles of course as chief of Staff, but one of the deputy chiefs of Staff in this case for policy would be Stephen Miller, probably going to work heavily on the immigration issue as well. And then National Security Advisor Mike Walls, congressman out of Florida, as a guy who gets bipartisan support for his experience if nothing else. A Green Beret, the first Green Beret ever elected to Congress, would potentially serve as the national security official leaving the House after he represented Florida since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: The talk about Marco Rubio is bothering some MAGA Republicans Trump loyalists. They say that he doesn't have Great America First credentials. They don't think that the decision was made by Trump. They're holding out hope for Rick Grinnell and people inside Trump are older saying, well, it's not a done deal. And Amy King actually brought something up earlier this morning. She said, remember first summer around when Trump took Romney to dinner and everyone thought he was going to get a post and I was like, just kidding, kind of he does this, you know, with people that he went toe to toe with in the past.
Speaker 2: It'd be interesting to see what happens there. New York Judge one Mayor Sean has agreed to give Manhattan prosecutors and Trump's lawyers a week to figure out how to proceed in the hush money case now that Trump has been re elected. Of course, all of this was thrown into disarray when the Supreme Court decided that there are a lot of things that a president gets to enjoy immunity from while he is president. He or she and he's sentencing for the criminal conviction is in jeopardy. Jack Smith is now in talks with the Justice Department about how to end the federal case against Trump. The Georgia election subversion case continues to be delayed because of legal fights over the status of Fannie Willis. The Fulton County DA and the Trump appointed federal judge Aileen Cannon threw out the charges against Trump for mishandling those classified documents because of the incorrect appointment of Jack Smith in her legal opinion, the appointment of Jack Smith to even investigate that in the first place. So this was the latest. This decision today the latest in the victories that have basically wiped away any likelihood that he would face any legal repercussions after he was indicted four different times last year. Mershawn had been set to rule today on this motion to vacate his conviction on the thirty four counts of falsifying business records after the Supreme Court determined in June that he should receive and any president should receive, broad immunity for official acts during his time in office. The issue has successfully helped Trump twice delay his sentencing, and he's arguing that these charges should be dismissed at all, or at the least the conviction should be vacated because the DA's office was relying on evidence related to his official acts as president, which of course is what the Supreme Court said would be immune from prosecution.
Speaker 1: I have breaking news from the desk of Donald j. Trump, it's not about coronavirus. He has just announced that he will nominate this person to be the United States Ambassador to Israel, and he guesses.
Speaker 2: Bernie Sanders, why would you say that?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why would you say that, Joe Lieberman.
Speaker 1: Mike Huckaby, oh, former governor of Arkansas, will be the US Ambassador to Israel.
Speaker 2: Trump's at in a statement.
Speaker 1: Mike has been a great public servant, a governor, and leader in faith for many years. He loves Israel, the people of Israel, and likewise the people of Israel love him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, the people of Israel have Mike Huckaby top of mind.
Speaker 8: He always puts one extra sentence in there, Israel do not love Mike Huckaby.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you have polling information on that.
Speaker 1: I mean, name can you name one person in power other than.
Speaker 2: And Yahoo in Israel? Not that he hasn't fired, I mean, and certainly.
Speaker 1: Not anybody down the wrong of Mike Huckabee.
Speaker 2: That's funny. That is funny. When we come back, we'll talk about the art of just dropping in, but also the issue of having one child. Were you an only child, did it affect your life? When did you figure out you weren't an only child. You can always leave us a talkback message on the iHeart app. Just hit that little button and it leaves us a message that comes in right into this computer, and we laugh at it before we play it. Don't swear, don't swear? Well, I mean you can. But come on, who's going to get in trouble around here these days? Yeah? But when now? When we say that no one comes to work, it's because no one works here.
Speaker 1: That's true. We have a staff meeting this afternoon. We think that there's gonna be six or seven people.
Speaker 2: There, depends if you leave earlier or not.
Speaker 1: I don't know the new people don't know my feeling about meetings.
Speaker 2: It'll be obvious. Will it be obvious? You keep it? You don't hide that very well? Ah, all right, you jangle your keys when they're like, okay, we'd like everybody to come in.
Speaker 1: Well, you started telling me I can't bring my keys to the meetings anymore.
Speaker 2: Can I start bringing in them again? Probably? Not yet. I would say, let's have one meeting without your keys. Okay. Fine.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Later on we're going to talk in Tuesday. The True Crime Tuesday segment comes up at close to the bottom of the hour. California governor Knew some traveling to the nation's capital this week. He's there to what he say protects California's policies from Trump. Following Trump's win in the White House race last week. The governor is trying to get five point two billion dollars reimbursement for emergency funding. He wants to update the Medicaid program, medical and other priorities. During his meetings with leaders in the Biden administration, he left yesterday's expected to come back tomorrow. He'll also meet with California's congressional representatives as well. Tomorrow also a significant day because that is when former president and President elect Trump is expected to sit down with Joe Biden. The current president invited Trump to the White House for the traditional sort of fun walk elect next to the Rose Garden kind of photo op.
Speaker 1: Because I know that you hold near and dear to your heart celebrity relationships.
Speaker 2: I have some bad news for you. Why you got it more bad news? Really seems like the only song that played in my head all day yesterday, really all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jessica Simpson turns out the rumors are true. She is unhappy with her marriage to Eric Johnson. Two divorce lawyers have been contacted about this marriage with in the recent weeks.
Speaker 2: Who's Eric Johnson? He was a tight end for the forty nine ers?
Speaker 5: Was he?
Speaker 2: Okay? My heart is not? You didn't know who Jessica Simpson's husband was? I did not so crazy after Nick? Nick? Yeah, that guy I didn't follow her love life? Weird. Well, I just felt listen, if you can't make it work with Nick Lache, you're not going to make it work with anybody. Probably, It's a rule in my life.
Speaker 3: Garyan Shannon, I'd like your opinion on this one question. Do you think that our President Donald Trump will keep Eric Garcetti as ambassador in India?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a silly question. There's no current in bat Well. I shouldn't say no, but very few current ambassadors who will be the remaining on station. The ambassadors go out with the bathwater.
Speaker 1: Sorry for calling every everyone's attention to Joe Biden's bathwater.
Speaker 4: Oh what.
Speaker 2: I remember putting oatmeal in my bath water? Oh? So this article that we pointed out earlier about the coming rain of the only child, that more and more families are either choosing or are relegated to having just one child, and why that is many different reasons for a lot of people. Sometimes they start their families later, and biology doesn't work that well when you're later in life. Sometimes you just choose to have one. Sometimes you want more, but you can only have one.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, I'm an only child and I was raised by a single mom, and I'm probably the most empathetic dude. I'm like a king Saposaurus. I'm too much empathy and sympathy for my own good. So it has nothing to do with the single child thing. Used a little bit of not giving a crab.
Speaker 2: Love you guys.
Speaker 1: I hear a cow or a cat in there? And what's a king seposaurus? Is that a dinosaur?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I don't know. I need clarification, Harry, Hi, Shannon.
Speaker 9: I'm a mother of an only child, and I have to say she is no more spoiled than kids of her generation that have siblings. It's all about how you raise them and how you teach them, whether they're only children or a family of ten. I resent the only child spoiled syndrome because that falls back on the parents.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. I know a handful of people that were raised as only children, and I don't they never none of them fit that trope of being spoiled or unempathetic.
Speaker 10: Garry and Shannon.
Speaker 2: I'm an only child.
Speaker 10: I've always said that I was spoiled, but I was never a brat. I did spend a lot of time with adults, and so I learned how to talk to people a little bit better than some people that had lots of siblings. But my best friend was one of four and so and I was always included in their family activities as well. So only children are okay, They're just okay.
Speaker 1: The Spinosaurus is known as the king of the dinosaurs, the bulkiest carnivore to ever walk the earth.
Speaker 2: But he didn't say spinosaurus. He didn't. He said Cephasaurus. I think we'll check it.
Speaker 11: Hey, Shannon and Gary create talking about only kids. That was me sucked. Why to get blamed for everything? You have to clean everything, and you are the dumping ground for the parents emotional and other kind of stresses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what I do?
Speaker 11: I have three kids, I hope it was worth it, because right now they kind of hate each other, love you guys each.
Speaker 2: Other for for a while. So you dump your your emotional stress on three kids instead of one. No, that's not true. They can share in that burden and.
Speaker 7: Probably the most empathetic dude, I like a king sapasaurus.
Speaker 8: And see, oh I get it, saposaurus like he sat king sasaurus.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see all right.
Speaker 4: I was an only child raised by a single mother, and so because she was working full time to support us, I was often you know, shipped around between households of friends and and I most definitely learned how to have you know, fake siblings. I guess you could call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder that idea of a single parent, single child. There's a that is a unique bond, good or bad. It's a very unique bond that probably doesn't exist anywhere else because you, if you're you have to rely on that person to be a friend while they're being your child or parent. I mean, it's the only other person in your life, unless, like she says, there's another family. Hope.
Speaker 3: So, Gary and Channon, my mom read that book from doctor Spock, and she said, the only thing it was good for was spank.
Speaker 6: In my butt?
Speaker 2: Did it work?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 12: Gary and Shannon four kids in three years. Yes, there was a set of twins. The only bummer about it is all four of them were in college at one time, a big, huge boatload of money going out at one time.
Speaker 4: Happiest day of.
Speaker 12: Our lives is when the twins graduated. We felt like we got a pay raise. It could be worse, though. My cousin had thirteen. Wow, So don't say big families don't exist. Talk to the Catholics. They still do this.
Speaker 2: One of the guys I used to work with in Seattle, his kids were just preteens. I believe it was. He had a couple of kids. Yeah, then he had triplets. He had two kids, and he could see the horizon, he could see the eighteenth birthdays, and he had triplets. He went from two kids to five kids in the course of one That's a lot sperm.
Speaker 13: Yeah, guys, Rick and La Vista, we only had one son. Wanted to have others, but congenital cataracts runs in our family, including partial sight and complete blindness. So once we figured that out and knew that our son had the same thing, we just decided we did adopt, but never got around to it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was it. That's kind of a sad story. Good morning Gary, Good morning Shanning. It's just Michael.
Speaker 5: I am an only child. I have the last half Irish descendant from my family tree, and I made myself a promise one day if I should ever get married, and I did that I was going to have at least two kids, because being an early child. These says all great, not necessarily all right, peace out.
Speaker 2: Thank you, peace out, May the road rise to meet you or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you hear about the guy in Wisconsin who faked his debt to get away from his family.
Speaker 2: I'm listening. I'll tell you how to guide we return.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Just sorry, I thought in rehearsal that you were going to now listen.
Speaker 1: It's been a trying time these days round here, and news is suffering.
Speaker 2: You can just oh. House Speaker Mike Johnson says Republicans are ready to deliver on President elect Trump's mandate. He said Republicans are not going to make the mistakes of the first term, and they'll be more prepared for a second term Trump White House. He was on the steps of the capital today with members of his House Republican leadership team. He said that there will be no time wasted before work on the America First agenda of securing the border and other priorities in what he says will be he expects to be a unified government.
Speaker 1: Trump has formally announced another decision here another selection, Representative Mike Waltz, to join his administration as National Security Advisor. First green Beret who have been elected to Congress previously served in the White House and Pentagon.
Speaker 2: We saw Wall Street start in the positive note for once again after the election that's been skyrocketing. The Dow is currently down about two hundred and forty five points, but still over the forty four thousand mark. S and P five hundred his slid just a tiny bit, and the Nasdaq is barely into positive territory right now as well. I guess if you wanted to get away, you know, well, he told you that there's a cruise line that's offering a four year cruise for people to get out so that they can come back and you know, skip forward, I think is what it's called. So you miss four years of a Trump presidency, okay, And if you think a cruise is going to be better than that.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes you don't want to get away from a president.
Speaker 2: You want to get away from your family.
Speaker 1: And that is exactly the case for a guy by the name of Ryan Borgwart, forty four year old husband and father of three in Wisconsin, goes kayaking for the day on August twelfth and never comes home. Deputies went to Green Lake where Ryan had set to go out fishing. They found his van, They found his trailer near the boat launch. After launching a boat in the water, the deputies discovered a capsized kayak and a light vest in the deepest part of the lake, so they started s fisherman casting along the bottom of the lake pulled up a fishing rod which was confirmed to be Ryan's. His wife confirmed that that was his fishing pole, and then later that day someone found Ryan's tackle box. It had his keys, hiss, his license, and his wallet.
Speaker 2: Well, that means Ryan Borgwart must have died except for one problem. What was the problem? No body.
Speaker 1: They spent months scouring the lake to find the body. They used sonar to go down two hundred and twenty feet in some spots. They flew drones around the massive lake to find him. From afar, they brought in cadaver dogs, hoping the dogs would find the body.
Speaker 2: Keith Kormakan is a director of an organization that helps authorities find the bodies of drowning victims, and approached the sheriff after scouring the lake in a boat for twenty eight days, and he said he wasn't going to be giving up. He had requested some state of the art sonar equipment, although it was going to take a while for them to arrive.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: All this happened in mid August. On October seventh, the sheriff told his investigators they needed to try something else, so they started digging into Ryan Borgwart's background and soon discovered the Canadian authorities had run his name after he disappeared.
Speaker 1: They began to suspect this was no longer a case of accidental drowning, but a sophisticated fraud. The FBI was brought in and a digital forensics analyst from the States Justice Department searched Ryan's laptop.
Speaker 2: What did they find on the laptop?
Speaker 1: They discovered that Ryan had been communicating with a woman in Huzbekistan.
Speaker 2: It was Bekistani woman.
Speaker 1: He had made inquiries about moving money to a foreign bank. He allegedly replaced the hard drive on laptop before the kayaking trip.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't forget. He had also.
Speaker 1: Taken out a three hundred and seventy five thousand dollars life insurance policy.
Speaker 2: Aha. Well, the sheriff came to the conclusion that there was no body. Because there was no body, investigators figured out that he'd spent months meticulously secretly putting into place the pieces that he needed to stage his own death and abandoned his nasty old family for a new life.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Do you think it was a woman that was helping him secure the foreign bank transaction or was this a woman that he was having sexy time with?
Speaker 2: How do you hook up with a woman from Uzbekistan? Probably only the same old fashioned way. They're built much like other humans. What do you mean, well, I mean, how did how was he to in the first place? Right? Apparently?
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a love habibi and it's you can sign up on lovehabebee dot com and you can connect with people from using Bekistan looking for love. Apparently it's a thing to marry Usbek woman, Uzbekistan.
Speaker 2: The sheriff said that the family. Ryan Borgwart's family is doing relatively well, he said, doing rather well, three kids. He's got two sons in high school and a daughter in's at grade school. Shocked to hear what investigators think their father did to fake his death, something that their mother has known for weeks as she was helping authorities, he said, I put a lot on her shoulders, the sheriff said, suggesting that he had to tell them the wife, Hey, we think he's faking it, but we can't. You can't tell your kids yet. Authority is still investigating. They'll consider what criminal charges might be foul. Doesn't know where Ryan Borgwart is, but nevertheless has a message for him, the sheriff said, at Ryan, if you are viewing this, I plead that you contact us or contact your family. We understand that things can happen, but there's a family that wants their daddy back. After of course he goes to jail for a certain of one very sad for fraud and things like that. You've fantasized about just leaving, right, haven't you not? To Uzbekistan. Well, no, no, no, I don't think you don't have to know anything about Uzbekistan. I think he's just somewhere in Canada trying to find a flight, perhaps to Uzbekistan.
Speaker 1: Me leaving, I get to do whatever I want all the time back. This guy's got three kids. He's probably scheduled into a corner. Uh, he's got something to fake his.
Speaker 2: Death for freedom. Freedom, It's called freedom. But how free are you if you still remember you've got three kids that you left behind.
Speaker 1: I don't know what those kids do to deserve it. But if you're seeking freedom, you don't go to Uzbekistan. No, No, probably not. But they apparently have wonderful food there.
Speaker 2: Oh. Really, you've never been to Uzbekistan. That's a surprise. You've been to a lot of places. Well, the year is young. Yes, we still have Christmas in Uzbekistan. Is that what you're looking for? They've got plov. That's the national dish. That sounds delightful. Plov sounds like an accident. Do you want to know about plov?
Speaker 1: It's served at weddings and festivals other special occasions.
Speaker 2: It is a.
Speaker 1: Nutritious rice pilaf that is made by sauteing meat, onions, carrots, and oil or fat that adding rice or water and spices like kumen, cornder, temrick.
Speaker 2: That sounds great. They can use variety of meat, lamb, beef, chicken. I'll take all of those. Please, Yes.
Speaker 1: Listen to man Tea Manty's a popular dish in Uzbek cuisine. It's little dumplings with ground meat and un and various seasonings. The rappers are generally made from simple dough of flour and water and sometimes eggs. So just like basically like Chinese dumplings, but Oozbek dumplings.
Speaker 2: That sounds delightful. I'm gonna go to Uzbekistan.
Speaker 1: And then Lagman. Lagman has hand pulled noodles that are cooked in a savory broth. You know what, This stuff all looks really good. Maybe I'm just hungry. Oh yeah, it's noon.
Speaker 2: Gary Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app