Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped dum, that's who you don't have.
Speaker 2: Just as fast as.
Speaker 1: We can shoot us, gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Ma Dix is the Troubleshooter show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here? Guess so I'm with John Fuller.
Speaker 5: Fuller Law, Personal Injury plus a lot more. He's been around so long he learns by osmosis, so he'll be my co host today. Personal Injury CEO dot com and the website has a lot of information. We got a lot to talk about today. I like I like educating.
Speaker 4: I like it. Do you need it up or down? John? Down? Okay, let's see is that better? Okay?
Speaker 5: We are talking about his headphone and if you're on uh streaming, you can see us on the wide shot. And we have a lot to talk about. I wanted to get to it yesterday. I didn't get to it. But there are a lot of issues in the news, and you know a lot of times I like to talk about things in terms of education, not necessarily taking a stand, but in terms of education. And I did that, like with Project twenty twenty five. You know, what exactly does it say and who exactly embraces it? And then I have some other issues that came up that I think as consumers we become smarter. But I think you're smart enough. I don't have to tell you where to stand on any issue. Jan, though, wants to talk about a he lock.
Speaker 4: Excuse me.
Speaker 5: A he lock is stands for home equity line of credit h eloc.
Speaker 4: Jan, take it away. What's going on? Fine?
Speaker 2: Well, I have done helock home and it was sold to a new mortgage company. And well, I would say it was in July.
Speaker 4: How long have you had Jan? How long have you had a helock?
Speaker 2: For a really long time? I got it from that my bank, my way You're long? Okay?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, okay, so hold on, hold on? You did it from my money myway dot com or what?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: It was excuse me, my bank. I know what you mean. It's the CMG. Is it the CMG mortgage?
Speaker 3: It should be.
Speaker 4: That's a good one, Mark. Okay.
Speaker 5: So here's what I want to know, though, And I don't mean to be labor details.
Speaker 4: But you also have a first is that right? Or is all you have this keylock?
Speaker 2: I just have a helock?
Speaker 4: Okay? So okay, she's talking folks about normally helock. We talk about a Helock.
Speaker 5: In terms of a second, she has that original first that CMG mortgage pioneered where you can pay as much or as little as you want.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of like a thirty year line of credit where you pay it up. I mean, you borrow it up, you pay it down, you borrow it up, you pay it down, you.
Speaker 5: Can pay interest only. It's really you're in control role. And so what who did you get it from.
Speaker 4: Back in the day when you had it?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I don't remember, because in that many years, Tom.
Speaker 7: I think the only bank that has done those in this country is c MG.
Speaker 8: Okay okay, so probably who it was.
Speaker 4: And did you do it as a result of hearing it on this show?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I had one. So so what's going on? I think Deputy Doc has one too. But anyway, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Jan Well, so what's happened is when they sold it to this new mortgage company. But they're they're you know, it's supposed to be an interest only and then I've always you know, added my own principal balance, principal work into it. Sure now they've changed it into a regular mortgage.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, they can't do that. No one can change anything. Hold on, well, they have, no, I don't think they have, only if you agreed to it somehow, Jan, I know what happened. I know, Okay, let me explain what I think happened. Many of the CMG helocks, the thirty year lines of credit, they freeze at ten years and become regularly amortized, right, Drake John, you looked into that now or a lot of helocks do that now?
Speaker 5: I think there's an option where at that ten year mark you can refinance it.
Speaker 4: But Mark, did you know that? And mine?
Speaker 7: Well, I've got one, so mine doesn't work the way you're talking about. Mine was through CMG. They did sell it to some other bank, but it doesn't matter. The bottom line is in ten years, depending on the equity of the house, they'll take basically one percent a year. So at ten years that would be ten percent less than the amount.
Speaker 4: That you started with.
Speaker 7: Well, in other words, if you got a million dollars, if you got a million dollar credit line, in ten years, you would have a nine hundred thousand dollars credit line.
Speaker 4: Jan, I'm I am almost positive.
Speaker 5: Just because of laws, no one is going to do anything illegally in any mortgage business unless they're crooks, and these people aren't crooks, so we would have to see what you're talking about. Did you get a notice saying that you no longer have access to your line of credit?
Speaker 2: No? So this Can I explain this to men?
Speaker 4: Go ahead? Now, go ahead and explain So when Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I received the first payment it was it was a home equity line statement. Then the second statement I received was a monthly billing statement, which was for August. And I have called them on six different occasions. They say their heelock department is so backed up they can't even talk to themselves. They do everything, you know, they do everything electronically to them and I'm not getting in. I get the same answer.
Speaker 7: Give me Mark, Can we get John on or I'm three steps ahead.
Speaker 4: He Kelly's going to be calling him in a second. Put Jan on, Old Jan.
Speaker 5: We have someone who's one of the largest marketers of this loan in the area.
Speaker 4: Now he's not with us. He actually works for CMG as well.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I knew he was a broker, but he actually works for them. Absolutely, Okay, then that's who we're going to talk to. Hold on jan We'll get.
Speaker 4: To the bottom of this.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. Mike has a timeshare question what I lovingly refer to as.
Speaker 4: Tough financial arpies. What's going on, man?
Speaker 9: Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: I ken? Mike?
Speaker 10: Okay, So the deal is, my daughter and her ex.
Speaker 11: Husband decided to go to Las Vegas.
Speaker 12: They had a couple extra drinks.
Speaker 11: They signed up for a time share.
Speaker 4: Now, were they married at the time or was it still her ex husband?
Speaker 10: They were married at the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what I needed to know. So your daughter and husband bought a timeshare.
Speaker 11: Well they signed the paperwork.
Speaker 4: Well that's called buying. That's called buying. So what happened then, Well, they never used it.
Speaker 10: They also were required to sign up for a credit card to help pay for the down payment on it. They never used it, they never activated it, they never used the.
Speaker 4: They still own it. Mike.
Speaker 5: I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to make a case that they never bought it. They bought it, they just didn't. They just breached their contract. I'm trying to cut to the chase so we can actually help you. So most likely all of the paperwork was done properly. They bought it, but they breached the contract.
Speaker 4: They never made any payments. Is that correct?
Speaker 11: That's correct?
Speaker 10: And it was back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, okay, then what happened? Well, know, when did they divorce? When did they divorce? When did they divorce?
Speaker 6: I'd have to look that up.
Speaker 10: It was about three or four years ago.
Speaker 4: I'll say.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let's just say twenty twenty. What happened then?
Speaker 13: So now my daughter wants to buy a house, and this timeshare thing that is coming up.
Speaker 10: On there is right, you know there and so in the divorce decree it was mentioned that the husband was supposed to take care of the timeshare. Okay, and and he never did.
Speaker 7: Okay, means nothing to the timeshare compan Yeah, hold on, Mark, let I was going to drop that bomb.
Speaker 5: But se see, Mike, what Mark was alluding to is divorce decrees cannot assign cannot make a creditor a sign responsibility.
Speaker 11: They it was twenty team.
Speaker 4: But hold on, just wait for let's take one thing at a time.
Speaker 5: The divorce decree can't tell a creditor don't go after this one go after this one.
Speaker 4: All they can do. All they can do is force.
Speaker 5: An agreement between the husband and wife, which is not totally bad because if he signed, if there was a court to decree saying it was his responsibility, she has a civil action against him to make him pay it. But you can't make the timeshare people go after him and not your daughter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's no defense, no none at all.
Speaker 7: And guys worse than that as far as the credit reporting, because that's what she's dealing with now, even if it's paid, it's still going to show that lack.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even if it's paid now, it's going to show they never paid it now.
Speaker 4: But then he has another point.
Speaker 5: If it was twenty seventeen, when did it go into default and when would it expire? So here's the reality of this situation, Mike, and why it's staying there. Let's say it went into default in eighteen. That's most likely when it would have gone into default. That's then you would count nineteen, twenty twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four in this. In twenty twenty four, they reached the six year mark, which means they can no longer get a judgment in court to collect in Colorado. But they may have signed this somewhere else where the laws of another state are in effect. So where did they sign it? Las Vegas, so Nevada law would take effect. And I don't know what the statute is in Nevada law for collection of debt, but let's just say it's the.
Speaker 4: Same as Colorado.
Speaker 5: And that means that this company cannot pursue a judgment against your daughter, which is really good.
Speaker 4: That means they can't garnish way. They can't do anything. But what they can do is report it.
Speaker 9: And that's what they're doing.
Speaker 10: And that's the thing.
Speaker 5: And it's going to continue to and in fact, she's not going to be able to well, I'm sure people will never ever relent on it.
Speaker 7: There might one out might be have someone like Michael Finn or even you, but someone attempt to offer them a certain amount of money in a very careful way, so it doesn't renew. To get rid of the credit reporting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can negotiate something a payment.
Speaker 11: They won't. They won't talk to us.
Speaker 4: What is this showing up as? Is it showing up as a foreclosure?
Speaker 9: I don't know the specific to that.
Speaker 5: It's most likely not, it's most likely showing up as a default.
Speaker 9: Yes, I think that's correct, Mike.
Speaker 6: It's holding up the real estate transaction.
Speaker 4: Well, it's absolutely going to I mean, this is what you all. I think we should ask Finn time fees. Yeah, but listen, Mark, Okay, what Finn is gonna tell us?
Speaker 7: If I'm just saying, I guarantee he has run across this exact reason more than any of us ever have, and there must be some form of workaround or negotiation or something.
Speaker 5: Okay, but but let's okay, let's call him. You're right, it's not going to hurt because there's a there's a lot of wisdom in the more council we get right, as the Bible says. So here's what I want to do. I want to get as many opinion as possible, but I want to ask something else, and that is are the original timeshare people coming after you?
Speaker 4: Or is it a separate company? Do you know.
Speaker 10: Nobody's coming after him, It's just the fact that it's holding up the.
Speaker 11: To a realistic transaction.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, Mark, can you tell Kachina during the break where to fall?
Speaker 4: And then we got CMG up, so we'll figure out wine one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to talk to John Place with CMG about the all in one loan, which, by the way, in and of itself is a pretty damn good loan. But what happened to Jan we'll figure it out. Plus, we have John Fuller with us from Fuller Law. He can talk personal injury or anything of course you want. And then I want to tell you about the extraordinary deal at waterpros dot net. We're talking about a whole house softening end reverse osmosis purification for drinking the whole thing for thirty one ninety five. Thirty one is incredible because he was charging thirty four just for the softener and fourteen hundred just for the pure water.
Speaker 4: You get both for.
Speaker 5: Thirty one ninety five while it lasts, and that's three oh three eight six, two five, five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com. You need going into the fall, you need someone dependable for your furnace or now for your air. You still got a lot of heat eight eight eight Heating dot are a lot of heat in the air, that is eight.
Speaker 4: Eight eight Heating dot Com. Honest people, people we know, we've known for years. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Let's talk. Now.
Speaker 5: We have John plays with us. He's with CMG. CMG invented this thing.
Speaker 4: Actually, there was.
Speaker 5: A mortgage bank in Australia, whatever it is. CMG is the leader and they do these all on one loans where you.
Speaker 4: Can have flexibility paying the interest and principle you can borrow money then pay it back all at once, or pay back a.
Speaker 5: Little or whatever. It's a great flexible line of credit. John jan said it was sold. Now I'm not sure if the actual loan was sold or just the servicing of that loan, and she seems to indicate that it's switching from a line of credit to a regular amortized product.
Speaker 4: Have you heard of that?
Speaker 6: Do you know how long ago she got the loan? Because the ones that were done, like ten years ago, some of them have been sold, but it's been a.
Speaker 4: Long time now.
Speaker 5: But when they were sold, were they did they at any time?
Speaker 4: Did the all in one loan.
Speaker 5: Ever convert to a regular amortized product.
Speaker 6: It did not, And people usually make a mistake after ten years. What it does, It reduces your line at credit, but it never it never converts to a regular amortized product.
Speaker 5: No, okay, So Jan, how you got to help us out here? How long have you had that loan?
Speaker 2: Well, it was a thirty year loan, and I mean I've had it for quite a while, like I would say, probably twenty you know, twenty years, twenty plus years, John, that was.
Speaker 5: Back when we were doing that originally, probably you know, back when she heard it on my show with you and your brother.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm thinking. And so would that be mocquery or was that still CMG?
Speaker 2: It was mcquar, It was McQuary, it was But are sourced.
Speaker 6: Who's servicing the loan now? Is it over Riverstone.
Speaker 2: Is now it's being serviced by They just sold it I less service. It was serviced by Specialized Loan SERVICEME and in July they sold it to Shell Point.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 2: And the reason why, opinion they've.
Speaker 5: Okay, jan the reason you believe it converted to a regular.
Speaker 2: Loan is why is because now they're charging me principal and interest.
Speaker 6: So what they do, so how the loan product works even back then, was after ten years. So let's say you had a two hundred thousand dollars loan after ten years. Also on one hundred and the one hundred and twenty first month, they start reducing the line of credit by one two and fortieth every month, so it almost people think it's a Princeville interestainment. But what it is, it's a forced zero balance after thirty years, but payment goes up because they're making you pay. It's a forced payoff after thirty years.
Speaker 5: So okay, So what they're trying to do is collect enough principles so at the end of thirty years she's paid up. But then doesn't that defeat the purpose though? Isn't that then isn't that truly just a regular mortgage? Or can she still borrow from it?
Speaker 6: If she can still borrow if she has equally Typically most people have paid it down enough that they still have the equity that they can borrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, and what's the loan what's the loan to value that they figure that on?
Speaker 6: Oh well it was kind of when you started, so we could have been at eighty percent. So if she's max so.
Speaker 5: So, but do they go by the original value or the current value?
Speaker 9: Original?
Speaker 5: Can she refle so she can just refy if she needed to, right.
Speaker 6: Oh, she can refine. The banking system is great now. I mean it's we've we've updated it. It's one hundred percent better than what happened with this shell point. And because they're they're not a good serviceer, and we don't use them anymore. We haven't used them since back fifteen years ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so John, you could refy this loan with her, probably and get her into the new version.
Speaker 11: I could, yes, yeah, And then she.
Speaker 5: Would reset the clock and she wouldn't have to do the one tote two hundred and fortieth of it.
Speaker 6: Correct correct, and we could set it to where she wanted to line of credit. They'll pay it down just as fast as you want. But yeah, just right now, she's getting to the tail end of the loan. Where if she if she.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it's a thirty year line of credit. She had it twenty years, so naturally, Jan, they're trying to collect some minimum principle. And if you had more equity, you would still be able to borrow. So I don't think anything is wrong with what is going on. I just think that you need to get rid of it and do and just refinance it because your house went up in Valley.
Speaker 6: It's just fine with me.
Speaker 2: I want out of this group.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well listen, let me give you. Let me give you CMG all in one number. Is this number good? The five seven seven number? John, where's that yourself? What's that?
Speaker 6: That's my direct office? That's good, that's good.
Speaker 5: Three h three five seven seven seven to zero six.
Speaker 4: Hey. I got a quick question for John.
Speaker 7: When when she did get that sold to either another bank or a servicing company, if she was offsetting with her income into the old bank's checking account, does she gotta does she got to open up a new checking account?
Speaker 4: How does that part work? I think John'll take care of all I go.
Speaker 6: Ahead, Yeah, we will. We will because right right now the banking services that's what's in the last five years is just accelerated, and you'll want to do that. Yes, we will probably shut that banking countdown completely and start a new one. She doesn't have to, but that would be best for her.
Speaker 11: Mostly.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys, Thank you John Clace.
Speaker 4: We appreciate that very much. And by the way, speaking of real estate.
Speaker 5: Frank durand the real Estateman dot com will do a valuation of your home to see what it's worth in this current market with current interest rates. If you're thinking of selling, there is no obligation to ask him. He'll do a complete analysis.
Speaker 4: Three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estateman dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here with John Fuller Fuller Law Personal Injuryco dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey Mike with the timeshare.
Speaker 5: You don't have to pull them up with Mike, where you're going to get you back on when we can get our time share attorney on to talk about your situation with your daughter. Right now, I want to go on to the other some other people that have been waiting a while. Adam has an issue with the Guitar Center.
Speaker 4: What's going on? Adam?
Speaker 5: I must say, I don't think I've ever had an issue with Guitar Center before, so this is a first.
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 12: Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: I sure can? Man, what's going on?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 11: I bought a I've.
Speaker 13: Been as guitar from Guitar Center in October and I bought the warranty with it. And they've been kind of tiptoe around actually using the warranty.
Speaker 4: For what I was.
Speaker 5: Now, now let me just say something. They're really big on selling those warranties. I bought one, bought a guitar for my son or two of them, and they really pushed those warranties, but we've never had to use it.
Speaker 4: So tell me when you say you're having trouble, what do you mean?
Speaker 13: Okay, So when I first bought it, they they told me that I could either get my money back in full for the guitar, which was huge, or I could just get a brandy replacement from the manufacturer.
Speaker 5: Well, I never heard of a refund on those, and I'm not telling you you don't have that, but I've never heard of that before.
Speaker 4: Right now, are you sure? Wait? Are you sure they said a refund mark? Have you ever heard of those on that?
Speaker 7: I don't know why they'd call it a warranty. It sounds more like a guarantee.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't. I mean, so, so, do you have it in writing where you can look at it? I have mine on a go ahead, So I have.
Speaker 13: The receipt with the warranty, but I have my friend who was there with me, who can also verify that they promised me a refund in camera.
Speaker 5: Well, John Fuller, if they promise them a refunding cash and it's not in the warranty, and his friend says, yeah, they said it. I mean let's get right to it. Can they enforce that kind of thing?
Speaker 14: Probably not.
Speaker 4: I listen, you're gonna have a real.
Speaker 14: Why didn't you take that?
Speaker 4: Or yeah, let's talk about the issue. What's going on? Did did you want a refund?
Speaker 11: Is?
Speaker 4: That's what's happening right now.
Speaker 13: I'm really I don't care about the refund, but at this point I want some sort of conclusion because it's been going on for three months.
Speaker 5: What's wrong with the's? What's wrong with the guitar?
Speaker 11: Gotcha?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So it's it's a hybrid, it's acoustic.
Speaker 13: Electric, and the internals for the guitar he's getting unsoldered, which I looked up as a factory error from that.
Speaker 5: Guitar Ibanez has A. I didn't even know they made that. So they make an acoustic electric and so how long ago did you buy it?
Speaker 13: I bought it October eleventh of last year?
Speaker 4: Okay, and go ahead? Did they will? They not even fix it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: So what's going on is I've talked to for the the past three months, I've talked to four different guitar center employees, and I finally ended up with the assistant manager who told me that he could give me. He told me he can replace the guitar, and if they try to fix the guitar, he would do an under the table swap and just give me a brand new one.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So he've been emailing back and forth about that.
Speaker 13: But two days ago he told me it's being fixed, and that there was. He gave me no update on if I would get a new guitar, which is unfortunate because the guys, it's going to keep happening. If they fix it, the guitar is going to keep breaking since it's a factory error if.
Speaker 5: They no hold on, Hold on, that's not true at all. If it's a factory error and they fix it, why would it keep happening?
Speaker 4: Tell me why I need You mean, if they just replaced the.
Speaker 5: Board, right, because the and how do you know the board hasn't been hasn't been improved since or do you think they're not addressing it?
Speaker 13: I think they're not addressing it because it's when I first bought the guitar. There was also damage on the bottom of it too, which I asked if I could get a discount.
Speaker 7: Okay, hold on, guys, let me let me shed Let me shed a little info on this. Because I just read their warranty. I'll tell you where they're having an issue. Their warranty does not cover manufacturer's defects. So that warranty does not cover the problem you're having, does the hold on?
Speaker 4: Does the manufacturer cover it? And that I couldn't tell you because I don't know im.
Speaker 5: Now listen, I will tell you that I did buy two of these warranties, and they did tell me that if the factory doesn't cover it, I'm covered anyway, and it goes beyond the factory warranty.
Speaker 7: Just explicitly says in the event of product experiences of breakdown, which is not covered by any other insurance policy or manufacturer warranty, did you cover it?
Speaker 4: Okay, but hold on it. They'll cover it if it doesn't.
Speaker 5: So so if it's out of the manufacturer's warranty.
Speaker 4: They will cover it. That's right. But he said he just bought it. I assume they have a year one year war under the factory warranty or not.
Speaker 13: So. So for this guitar, it's called the ivan AZD ten N and it has a lifetime warranty with ivan Az, which I found out later without from buying.
Speaker 5: So you didn't even need the Guitar Center warrant to warranty a waste.
Speaker 4: Correct, it screwed.
Speaker 7: Them, I mean really because they won't even fix it.
Speaker 4: Now listen, if it has, did you buy the pro coverage by the way, from Guitar Center.
Speaker 6: I was only told there was one option.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's what it's called.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, okay, we need to get to the bottom of this. Is I been as refusing Ibanez needs to fix it under warranty if you have a lifetime warranty, I be as needs to fix it.
Speaker 7: And that's why they're seeing. They'll do it under the table. And they don't even own that warranty in house. They use as Sureion, which sells these for everything.
Speaker 4: You can imagine.
Speaker 14: I would want my money back on that warranty.
Speaker 5: Yes, for sure, you should get your money back on that warranty, except that warranty would no wait wait wait wait wait, accept.
Speaker 4: That warranty, that pro coverage.
Speaker 15: If he dropped that guitar, if it covers damage, it would.
Speaker 5: You know, if he dropped the guitar, it would replace it.
Speaker 14: Then you won't get your money back.
Speaker 5: Adam Adam man, you you need to we need to call iban As.
Speaker 4: I mean, have you talked to Ibanz.
Speaker 6: I have not.
Speaker 13: But when me and the assistant manager kept messaging back and forth, he said that in the email, it says they're gonna it, says see, I haven't. Those official guys are going to be on the ones working on it. But since I don't really have faith in that, because the guitar has broken three times with the same issue, I'm not, well.
Speaker 15: Hold on you should you take it?
Speaker 5: Did they fix it? Because they didn't offer it. They said it, but they didn't really come through with it. You said they fixed it. Did they actually fix it three times?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 13: No, No, I took it to a different guitar shop to get it repaired.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I'm sorry that you can't blame them for that. You need to let I've been as fix it under their lifetime warranty before you start saying they can't fix it.
Speaker 4: I mean I can't. I can't work with that.
Speaker 5: I can't work with you thinking automatically it's not going to get.
Speaker 4: Fixed because you didn't even give them. They have not even.
Speaker 5: Had one chance to fix it, right, Well, let's give them one chance. You're right, I mean, where's that circuit board located. I'm trying to I can picture an acoustic electric guitar.
Speaker 4: Where's the circuit board located?
Speaker 5: Is it right below the knobs? Is it what the knobs screw into?
Speaker 4: Right there? Is that? Is that what it is?
Speaker 13: Let's see it's let me get the image.
Speaker 5: I'm just curious where it goes. I think is right near the control knobs.
Speaker 13: Right, Yeah, it's just slightly under the.
Speaker 5: Knobs, right right, that's where it is, right, Okay, you know that can't be brain damage. For goodness sakes, I mean, I I mean, even if they had bad soddering or bad whatever printing on these things, they're they're they're they really really should have a handle on fixing that. By now, I would give iban as if you have problem with Ibanez, we'll call them and get involved.
Speaker 4: But I think you need to give them at least a chance to fix it.
Speaker 5: By the way, nowhere do I see a cash refund anywhere at all?
Speaker 4: None? Zero. So I don't know why someone told you that. But if ever, I mean, you've got to verify everything people tell you, because it's just going to be impossible to prove it. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Okay, some programming notes here, I just got texted about the qchole house fan and tom for pollen in your area and for debris and allergens. You do recommend Heppa screens, Yes, I do. They make them for windows. You don't need them in most times.
Speaker 4: But if you have a lot of pollen and stuff and you notice it's coming into the home, Heppi screens can filter. It's a great idea.
Speaker 5: In fact, a lot of people do Hepa screens even without a whole house fan, just to filter air coming into their home. It's a great idea, by the way. Okay, so let's continue. Now, we have John Fuller from Fuller Law with us, and I do have a text for him, John, are here's what somebody wants to know. Is there a threshold you recommend people get an attorney for personal injury? That's a weird loaded question because I have a thousand other questions on that, but go ahead.
Speaker 15: Well, I mean, it really comes down to what your tolerance is for, you know, to put up with here. I mean, as I said yesterday, I mean, if you're starting to get into your health insurance and your medpay and you're worried about coordination of benefits and all that kind of stuff, you're probably in the zone where an attorney makes good sense.
Speaker 4: Is there a dollar amount though for injuries?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I mean, you know, probably the low end of it is going to be five or six thousand dollars. You know what your typical er visit is going to be. I mean, that's where it starts to become really almost imperative that you have somebody on.
Speaker 4: Your or any kind of lingering problem.
Speaker 15: You know, if you go, you know, two weeks later, you go to your PCP and it's forty seven dollars and there's no imaging and nothing really wrong with you, then of course I don't think it makes sense to try to pursue something.
Speaker 4: Okay, and it's and by the way, what difference does it make to call because it never costs you a dime to call?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, that's the easy thing, is that we can talk about your circumstances.
Speaker 14: We have people that call us all the time.
Speaker 15: Tom, some of them that are almost scared to go and get the medical care that they need because they just don't know how it works and how they're going to pay for it, and we can help them answer those questions.
Speaker 4: I want to share this real quick.
Speaker 7: When we got t boned and we hired John, you know, the accident itself, we didn't go to the er till the next day. We didn't realize Suzanne had a broken nose and all these other issues literally till the next day. It's crazy when something like that happens, you're adrenaline's up, you just have no idea what's going on with your body, and till a few hours later.
Speaker 4: And we'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: Jim with a hard money loan, I will not have a chance to answer it, but I know a lot about him.
Speaker 4: We can do that coming back, and then.
Speaker 5: Jeff has an issue with Mike Marony Honda. Maroni Honda will talk about that and more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three o three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Ripped News. You need advice so you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 14: Shooter's gonna help, coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three Talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: What's on your mind today? How can we help you. I have John Fuller with us Fuller Law, and uh, real quick, I want to just go over something with him.
Speaker 4: John. We talked about calling. You don't lose anything by calling. You don't have to.
Speaker 5: Enter into a court case, into a settlement, you don't have to enter into an agreement. I mean, I just think people don't know where to turn, and they don't understand that they can just call and literally ask anything, right. I mean, there's no charge, there's no obligation. And even if they say to you, do you get this question?
Speaker 4: John? My neck? I got whiplash and I got.
Speaker 5: Migraines now and the accident happened three weeks ago. And I'm serious Now when I say this to people, say how much is it worth?
Speaker 4: Do you ever get that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Sometimes?
Speaker 4: I mean really or do you find most people don't answer? I mean, really, I'm asking.
Speaker 14: So here's the thing.
Speaker 15: I think most people when they call my office, they are they are frustrated. They've been lied to by an insurance company. They finally woke up and got one too many phone calls and realized the gig was up and that the other side is trying to take advantage of them, and they don't want to do that, or it's a loved one that's in a hospital and they, you know, they're scared to death of all these people that are putting words in their mouth and you know, talking all this gobbledygook about you know, whose insurance company goes first, and and everybody puts their interest first. The hospital wants to get aid, the body shop, the toe company, that I mean, every single person has their handout and it's trying to get paid first. And it's very overwhelming, especially when it's you are a loved one that's injured, and they just want the straight answers, and that's why they call us. We can help calmbat storm or take over that storm and eliminate them having to deal with any of that stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's simple.
Speaker 5: I mean three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's go to the phones, Jim, talk about hard money.
Speaker 4: What do you need to know? Man?
Speaker 9: Yes, hello, I was just wondering.
Speaker 16: I'm trying to do a loan on my home, but it's a second home and it was a rental and I can't seem to borrow any money.
Speaker 9: I can't seem to get a heelock I can't seem to get a reverse. What are there any alternatives to that?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 4: What what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Tell me what you want? What do you what do you want to accomplish? Let's talk about that first.
Speaker 16: I just basically would like to borrow, you know, a couple hundred thousand dollars and not worry about it till after I'm dead.
Speaker 4: That's the reverse. That's a reverse loans. There's no one person in the world that's not thinking like he just did. No, but do you have a loan on your home right now?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 16: But it's only three and a quarter and it's and it's the second home. I cannot beat that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hold on you.
Speaker 5: The home that you want to take the loan on is the second home? Yes, where's your primary residence.
Speaker 9: About an hour away?
Speaker 16: But I already have a hey lock against that one, so I can't borrow any money against that one at all.
Speaker 5: All I'm asking is the primary home. Why is that called your.
Speaker 4: Primary home and not the one you want to borrow against?
Speaker 9: Because I live in the primary home.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, the primary home has equity or.
Speaker 16: Not not much, probably about okay, maybe hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: And you're not and you have no problem making that loan payment on that primary home. Correct, Okay, the second home has a mortgage on it. How much equity in the second home.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna say I owe about one hundred and eighty and it's probably worth about seven hundred and fifty to eight hundred thousand. We're talking on the Bay Area, North Bay, San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Now, how old are you?
Speaker 9: Sixty eight?
Speaker 5: Okay, you want to borrow money and not make a payment on it until you're gone, Yes.
Speaker 4: So you're willing.
Speaker 5: Okay, you can do a life estate with someone. You have to find a peer to peer investor, and they're done all the time. And what you do is what's called the life of state.
Speaker 4: If you want a relative peer investor.
Speaker 5: No, well they call it peer to peer because it's not institutionalized. It's not done by a bank, and it's not Here's what a life estate is.
Speaker 4: You find someone willing to pay.
Speaker 5: Off your first and give you a second, or pay off your first and your second, not a second, but give you equity. Just make that investment, because I don't think they're going to want to be in second position, So you can't do that. So you owe one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 4: And how much money do you need?
Speaker 5: How much money do you want in addition to the one eighty once that's paid off, how much cash do you want to get out of that house?
Speaker 9: Probably a couple hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now let's just say, for argument's sake, they pay the one eighty and you get three hundred. That's for eighty Okay, okay, Now four hundred and eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: They invest in you, you give them the house, They give it you a life estate. What that means is you get to stay in that house the rest of your life. Nothing can make you move.
Speaker 5: But you must pay taxes and insurance or they pay it.
Speaker 4: It's it's all negotiable, a life estate.
Speaker 16: But there it's the second home.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. What I mean is it's all negotiable. It's a life of state, meaning it's your home until you die.
Speaker 4: Otherwise I just say, sell it, okay, because you say you don't live there, so why don't you just sell it? Let me ask you that one. Why don't you just sell it?
Speaker 9: A lot of capital games tax?
Speaker 5: Okay, good idea, good good, good answer, good answer.
Speaker 7: So let's say, wait, wait, wait, are you saying if you sold it you, even after taxes, you wouldn't put two hundred in your pocket.
Speaker 4: Of course you would, of course he would. So he's making no sense. He's making zero sense.
Speaker 5: He would easily get three hundred thousand dollars. So the life estate is useless if you don't care about the house. I see, That's why I asked, what are you trying to accomplish? What are you trying to accomplish?
Speaker 4: If you do you want, here's what I'm asking. Do you want cash and keep that house? Or are you going to not use the house? But no, no, oh that I got to ask that first.
Speaker 10: What you're the house?
Speaker 4: Okay? And what are you going to do with the house when you keep it?
Speaker 9: Well, just keep it at the second home.
Speaker 4: Okay. What are you going to do? Are you going to visit and live in it once in a while?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: Well, then then that's what I'm asking. What do you want to keep it for?
Speaker 9: My son lives there?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well see that's what Okay, so you want to keep it?
Speaker 4: Now? Your son does he have any wherewithal to get alone?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: But not not.
Speaker 16: He applied for a loan, but he can maybe a couple hundred thousand and a couple hundred thousand, and the bay Era goes nowhere.
Speaker 5: No, I get what you're saying. So your son is not a candidate to do this. So after you die, if your son had to move, would he care?
Speaker 4: Would you care? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Okay, I would like to just leave him there.
Speaker 5: Well, guess what, you can't have it all. Here's what I'm getting at. Okay, here's the bottom line. If you want to tap equity. There's only three ways of doing it. Three ways.
Speaker 4: One you take out a loan okay, and then you pay the loan. Two you sell the house okay. Or three you do a life estate.
Speaker 17: Okay.
Speaker 5: Those are the only three ways. There's no magic with a life of state. When you die, the house goes to whoever granted.
Speaker 4: You the life of state and the money. Your son doesn't get to stay there. So you can't do a life estate. You want to do a loan. You don't want to do a loan. And the third one is selling it. You don't want to sell it.
Speaker 7: He wants he wants someone to give him two hundred grand and he gets to keep the house.
Speaker 4: That's what he wants. Yeah, but there's no.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you something seriously, because I know you're not stupid, Jim. I really know you're not, because you have two homes.
Speaker 4: And here's what I want.
Speaker 5: You know, no one's going to give you money for no reason. Right, obviously, right.
Speaker 9: But sore on the title that.
Speaker 4: Is called a life estate.
Speaker 5: If you want someone to hand you three hundred.
Speaker 4: Thousand plus pay off your loan.
Speaker 5: The total invested would be about whatever, four hundred and eighty thousand. For that four hundred eighty thousand, they want to own that home someday. But you're telling me when you die, you're not willing to do a life estate where the title reverts to them in full, because you want your son to stay there. And I am telling you I do not have an answer for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, you can't go ahead.
Speaker 16: I've heard of I've heard all paratures like hard money. I've heard people loaning marijuana money.
Speaker 4: But you're not giving them anything, Jim. Okay, Jim, let's play that game. Since since I'm beginning to think maybe you are a little stupid.
Speaker 5: So if somebody came to you and loaned you money like three hundred thousand, and you kept your first in place.
Speaker 4: They would have to have a second deed.
Speaker 5: Of trust on that home, right, yes, and you would don't want to make payments on it, right correct?
Speaker 4: Okay, So why would they do it?
Speaker 9: Good, good question.
Speaker 5: Why would they do it? If they're not making any money on their money? Why would they do it?
Speaker 10: You heard?
Speaker 4: You just told me that. You heard.
Speaker 5: People will loan money. It's called a hard money loan. Do you know what a hard money loan means?
Speaker 4: It means.
Speaker 5: I look at you, Jim, and I say this, Jim, how much money do you want? And you say, oh, I'd like to put two hundred thousand in my pocket. Okay, but I'm not going to do and you want to do a second on that house.
Speaker 4: Okay, guess what then, I'm going to do.
Speaker 5: I'm going to loan you two hundred thousand, and I'm going to charge you ten points. I'm going to charge you twenty percent interest compent.
Speaker 7: I'm going to have a balloon and it's all doing about two years or five.
Speaker 5: Right, that's a hard money loan. That's what you don't want.
Speaker 4: What you're taught, what you're describing about called charity. He wants charity?
Speaker 5: No, No, But what you what you really described is borrowing money and not paying it back until you're dead is called a life a state.
Speaker 4: But then your son doesn't get to live in the house anymore.
Speaker 9: All right, That's why I called to get answers.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you got answers.
Speaker 5: So there's no way to do what you want to do at this current point in your life. And be really careful because you sound like pray right now. Pray And when you talk to people, they're going to make promises to you. They're going to say, oh, yeah, Jim, we can do that. They will steal the house. Trust me when I tell you that they will steal the house. I'm Tom Martine three three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Leave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 5: When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk, Jeff.
Speaker 5: What is going on with your Honda? What's happening in Jeff?
Speaker 8: Good defne or good morning. So my aunt has a twenty twenty Honda HRV. She was driving all wheel drive. Light came on. She's coming to visit me and my parents who are visiting. Me and my dad, we both were kind of into cars. We had a reader, so we did a S game on it. We got some codes and started looking it up. There is a service bulletin for Honda, and it gave exactly the same codes exactly what we're seeing matched up.
Speaker 4: Was it for? Was it for the CRV?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, what's the service bulletin called for?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: It is service bulletin two to three tech zero three to one, and it's regarding the rear differential pump motor.
Speaker 12: Okay, for the ETAs.
Speaker 4: Okay, So.
Speaker 8: You know, I called Honda corporate just to see because she is outside for a warranty and extended warranty. But because it was a you know, based on the bulletin says it's a machine, you know, machining defects of war. On the manufacturer side, I was wondering if they could do like a good.
Speaker 5: Will once on hold on a second service bulletins. Service bulletins are a little different than than a recall. Sometimes service bulletin it isn't It isn't a recall, it's a service bulletin.
Speaker 4: I know. That's what I said.
Speaker 5: They're different than recalls in that some service bulletins, however, will allow certain costs to be paid up to a certain mileage. Sometimes they don't do anything. How many miles were on it?
Speaker 8: She's at about eighty eight or eighty nine thousand miles.
Speaker 5: Okay, so tell me this. How much is it going to cost?
Speaker 8: Around eight and fifty five dollars I believe is what the dealer quartered there.
Speaker 4: Around eight hundred and fifty dollars. Okay, I get it. So you're trying to get.
Speaker 7: It paid for rights unless if they do a recall on it.
Speaker 4: A TSB is not going to be paid for period. I know. I don't know what a TSB is.
Speaker 7: Basically for technicians to pull up when they hear you symptom, and I get a market mark.
Speaker 5: But there have been service bulletins that are not recalls, where the manufacturer on newer cars would kick something in.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that in this particular case.
Speaker 5: You're never gonna get covered with eighty eight thousand miles in a four five year old car.
Speaker 7: Not only that, there's probably twenty tsbs out on that.
Speaker 5: Car, and also it lasted far beyond the warranty. See, it's not like you didn't get what you paid for. I mean, and a service bulletin means they found it a problem and they fixed it.
Speaker 4: If it was in warranty, they would have paid for it.
Speaker 8: They're just it's a courtesy to a fact if that would be okay, and I could be covered after.
Speaker 4: Let me explain something.
Speaker 5: Manufacturer's defects are always covered under warranty, okay, So I just answer it is absolutely covered under warranty. But at what point is it no longer under warranty. That particular car had a warranty of what.
Speaker 8: I believe it is the uh I remember the original, but she had the extended I got it about seventy five thousand miles.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I'm not giving you a hard time here, but theoretically your theory. Your theory is, if it's a manufacturer's defect, it should always be covered.
Speaker 8: When it comes like the machining part, I would say, yes, it's a defect that you know, the preventative maintenance things like that wouldn't have avoided.
Speaker 9: Based on what I was reading.
Speaker 4: Jeff, let me explain something.
Speaker 5: The reason there are warranties are for manufacturer's defects. That is why there are warranties period. But the warranties have a life limit. What they're saying, if you buy this car, we're guaranteeing against factory defects and catastrophic failure for a certain amount of time. After that, we feel you've gotten the life limit from this product, and therefore you will have to bear some responsibility. They're not saying that because it was machined by us, it's.
Speaker 4: Going to be warranted forever.
Speaker 5: Okay, So let's say that that bad machined part lasted twenty years and then it broke down and you got some poor sap who paid fifteen hundred dollars for this car, and it's going to cost him eight hundred and fifty to get it fixed and he can't afford it. Certainly, you're not saying they should cover it because it was a factory defect, or are you saying it because if that was the case.
Speaker 4: None of us could afford to own a car.
Speaker 5: Ever, and again, I'm not trying to argue with you and make you look stupid because I know what you're thinking. Everyone thinks the same thing. Well, Tom, it was like this from the beginning. We had no power over it.
Speaker 4: That's true, and that is why there are warranties. But the reason there are limits on warranties is to make things affordable. So the eight point fifty, if this car has eighty eight thousand miles and it's five years old, that's not an unreasonable repair, even if it was a factory defect. I think I've made my point, and well again, but.
Speaker 7: One last thing. Bring it over to share it in auto tech. You'll probably get it done for half that. Yeah, if that's what the dealer is telling you. By the way, you probably will get it done way cheaper. What is the actual part, by the way, did you say what that was, Jeff?
Speaker 8: It's the rear differential motor that needs to be replaced.
Speaker 5: We should actually get a price on that for you, the rear disc And this is.
Speaker 8: Gonna do was uh talk to the service and anger and see if that's the part that can be bought from the dealership or elsewhere, and see how much.
Speaker 4: That would be, you know what.
Speaker 5: Let's let's call Kevin. I want to call him and ask him for the hell of it.
Speaker 4: Uh if he can look that up and what that would cost at his shop.
Speaker 5: It might be he can't beat the price. I don't know, but let's just give it a shot. Since you're on the air and you waited to be talked to. Let's call Kaschina. Let's call Kevin uh calkin over at Sheridan Auto Tech three oh three seven one three Talk our guests today, John Fuller, Personal Injuriesco dot com.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter show.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Kevin Colkin is with Sheridan Autotech dot com and.
Speaker 4: We love referring people to Sheridan.
Speaker 5: Hey, so, Kevin, Jeff's mom bought a Honda eighty eight thousand miles. He's a little upset because there's a factory defect and it's a service bulletin, and of course they're no longer under warranty, so it's gonna cost, according to the dealer, about eight hundred and fifty bucks. And I'm wondering if you could give an estimate on a twenty twenty Honda CRV for the rear differential pump motor.
Speaker 4: I think is that what it is? Jeff correct, the.
Speaker 8: Rear differential pump motor on a twenty HRV.
Speaker 4: HRV. I'm sorry HRV Okay.
Speaker 18: Okay, that's gonna take me a few minutes of.
Speaker 5: Place, Okay, So we'll put you on hold. That's that's great, Kevin. I appreciate that. So we'll just get an idea and compare that with a dealer, Jeff. So hang on now, Kevin, Hi, Kevin, what's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Kevin?
Speaker 11: Hi? Tom.
Speaker 9: I'm this is Kevin.
Speaker 19: I've got a driveway, concrete driveway problem.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Was this a new driveway, Kevin? Tell me about your driveway?
Speaker 9: Sure, the driveway was.
Speaker 19: The concrete driveway was foured about fourteen months ago, in June of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 11: We have.
Speaker 19: Now, just like a little more than a year later, we've got spalling occurring on several of the panels. I had been looking for options to perhaps retreat or seal to stop the spalling.
Speaker 5: Hey, did you get any let me ask you this. Did you get any kind of a warranty on this?
Speaker 19: There was a one year warranty, which has obviously since passed. I did have the contractor. Elite Contracting is a contractor. He came out about two weeks ago, just because I had called him to look at it, and he said, the spawling is actually normal, well, stuff that comes off of the road.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, it's not normal. It can happen from madchloride.
Speaker 4: But if it's done properly, the concrete, it normally doesn't happen.
Speaker 5: Right, not so soon, Let's put it this way, not so soon. Now we have Elite, it's not the same company. You're talking about, Elite garage floors on a referral list and on the.
Speaker 4: Show, and he can fix that.
Speaker 5: What he does is sprays all of that, not sprays, but cleans all of that off, pressure washes it off, and beat and blasts it.
Speaker 4: I think it's a bead blast, whatever it is. He gets rid of all the soft crap.
Speaker 5: On top that's about to spall or that has already spalled, and then what he ends up with is some exposed aggregate, and in some areas the finish is still good. Then he fills it with a polymer that adheres, and then he grinds it all even and puts a coating on it, and it looks beautiful. But it's going to cost you know, it's not going to be outrageous, but it's going to be way cheaper than if you had to jackhammer that all out and redo it.
Speaker 19: Sure, And one of the things that was considering was after talking with Bob at l EM it sounded like it might be worth something pursuing, you know, on a legal basis, to whine and why because it had rained a tremendous amount. You know, it was forecasts and when they came in laid the did the first poor it rained late in the afternoon a whole lot. Okay, Bob was believing that, you know, there was too much water involved in the concrete.
Speaker 4: Well, it could be. It could be so, so let's I mean, it very well could be.
Speaker 5: So let's say it is. Okay, is this elite contractor worth going after? Does he have a lot of money?
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 10: I don't know if there's a lot of money.
Speaker 11: We certainly spent a lot of money to make.
Speaker 4: The How much did you spend? How much did you spend?
Speaker 19: Forty six thousand?
Speaker 5: That's a lot of money. Now listen, I'm going to tell you how much. How many square feet are we talking about?
Speaker 4: About?
Speaker 9: Thirty seven hundred?
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, to get this done properly, it's going to cost you. And to go after them, it's going to cost you.
Speaker 5: I really believe. Now Elite could just go bankrupt as well. I mean, if you got a big award, do you think they can afford to redo it.
Speaker 4: Are they willing to redo it? Did you ask him?
Speaker 19: I'm certain he would not be willing to redo it. He said that again when he was out here two weeks ago.
Speaker 9: He said, that's normal, you know.
Speaker 4: So, no, okay, it's not normal.
Speaker 5: Depending on how bad it is, it'll cost you anywhere from fifteen to twenty five thousand to fix. With a perfect finish, it'll be better than the original. It'll look beautiful, but it's going to cost you every bit. You're not going to go to court at for less than fifteen or twenty grand.
Speaker 4: You're just not going to.
Speaker 5: So if you went to court for fifteen or twenty and one forty, do the math man, You do whatever you want. I mean, l EM's probably right. There's probably was a little ineptitude. But was it fraud? Was it actionable? John Fuller? Are things like that.
Speaker 4: Is incompetence actionable?
Speaker 5: Let's say, for argument's sake, this guy did the driveway and it rained and he didn't properly cover it, or there was too much water in the.
Speaker 4: Mix, and that's exactly what happened. Too much water caused it to spawl because that's what usually happens.
Speaker 5: So what happens then? I mean, does he say that's not our fault?
Speaker 15: You can say that, But here's the thing. I mean, that's kind of the textbook definition of negligence. Okay, you know, the failure to do what a reasonable person in that same or similar circumstances would win.
Speaker 14: He could win, but.
Speaker 4: Does he get attorney's face.
Speaker 14: He most likely will not.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and unless the contract term specifies at the prevailing already gets fees. The general rule is no, each side pays their own fees. So I mean, you can win, but not really win, is the bottom line.
Speaker 4: You may, Kevin, you may want to try something in small claims court against the guy for seventy five hundred and just claim that it's toward the total damages. Get it written.
Speaker 5: Written estimate from Tony over at ELITEGF dot com, Elite garage floors. Get a written estimate and say this is what it's going to take to these are the words you use to mitigate my damages, because to do it over would be even more than that. Like you said, like if you spent forty something thousand to begin with forty four grand or whatever, and they got to tear it all out. It's going to cost you sixty thousand to redo it. So let's just say it's going to cost twenty fifteen or twenty to fix said, and you sue him for seventy five hundred because you want at least something. You might win, but if you go to court, you probably could win. Maybe, but then you got a couple problems.
Speaker 4: More than a couple, you got three problems.
Speaker 5: He could do bankruptcy, he could simply not pay you and then you spend your life chasing it. And three you could end up paying enormous attorney's fees.
Speaker 15: Right, I'd be more worried about that bankruptcy option, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Because unless it's fraud, and it's not fraud in my opinion, I mean, the guy did the work, he just was stupid. Then you're looking at this guy. I mean, if he ever got a judgment against him for forty four grand, unless he's some giant company like you know, Sundown Landscaping, These big giant companies or whatever they're called Sundown or whatever, you're gonna get, you're gonna get somebody doing a BK. So you got to really be judicious when people think because they're right, that's all they need to be. But unfortunately, there's a lot more to it than being right. I'm in John, I'll bet you in personal injury cases there are people that are right and deserve I'll bet you there's nothing more heartbreaking. And thanks for calling, by the way, Kevin, And really I would call ELITEGF dot com, Elite Garage Doors. Let me, did I give you that number? Let me give it to you. It's seven to zero nine three nine two four four eight ELITEGF dot com. John, I'll bet you there's nothing more heartbreaking than having a client that that probably would be worth millions in damages and there's nowhere to go for money.
Speaker 4: Isn't that just a fact of life?
Speaker 6: Sometime?
Speaker 14: We deal with that every day time?
Speaker 15: God, you know we Unfortunately we live in a state where the minimal limits that you're required to have are only twenty five thousand, and when that law was put into effect, twenty five thousand, with a lot more money than it is today.
Speaker 4: Oh well, what happens then? What happens truly if you prove five hundred thousand damages or a million and they don't have the insurance, and you know, damn well, they're never going to have the money. What happens, nothing, nothing, It's worth exactly what that same judgment was that you just talked about.
Speaker 15: For that, for that caller, I mean absent some egregious conduct that would make it non dischargeable. Okay, like they were drunk or something like whatever. You know, absent something like that. And even with that, you're never going to get paid.
Speaker 4: I mean the.
Speaker 14: Bottom of paper.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 14: They didn't do anything for you.
Speaker 15: So that's why a heart people are like John, why do you always talk.
Speaker 14: About this church or motorists over and over and over.
Speaker 4: All you do is selling Christ protecting yourself.
Speaker 15: It's because it's the only way you can protect yourself. Because I've had hundreds and hundreds of clients that have sat down and said, wow, we really have great insurance. I've got an umbrella and we got millions, and you look at their insurance and they've got just that, but nothing out of them, but nothing for themselves. And so when they get hit by an uninsured motorist or you know some guy that's got twenty five grand, and that's it. That's the only set that person has in the world.
Speaker 4: You have to ensure not only your liability to others, but others liability to you. Yes, exactly the in the event they're losers. More coming right up, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino, you're good all three seven one three tok all right, So, Kevin Caulkin, do you have a price on what that rear differential motor would be for Jeff's mom?
Speaker 18: Yeah, that the eight hundred dollars price is not a bad.
Speaker 11: Price at all. Okay, it's not a lot of labor.
Speaker 18: But the motor itself is about five six hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, So therefore that dealer was not raking them over the coals for.
Speaker 4: Eight fifty No, not at all, Not at all, Jeff. At least you know that, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's not much we can do about getting it paid for. But it's not exorbitant. You're not going to save much money elsewhere.
Speaker 8: Not unless you know.
Speaker 4: It's too bad.
Speaker 5: But man, you know, hey, listen, the car lasts at eighty eight thousand miles five years.
Speaker 4: You got there's maintenance free car.
Speaker 5: I wish I had better news for but I doubt you get any. Kevin, have you ever heard of manufacturers paying for a service bulletin?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: No, It's just just a helpful guide, is all it really is.
Speaker 5: Shared an auto tech dot com. Thank you, Kevin shared an autotech dot com including pre buy inspections by the way for used cars at one hundred twenty bucks three oh three, four five five seventy two forty two. I'm Tom Martino along with John Fuller Personal injuryco dot com.
Speaker 4: More coming up on the show.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Could comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven one help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two rips need advice, so.
Speaker 20: You don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Off your streaming, you'll see the handsome gentleman to my right, and that's John Fuller.
Speaker 4: And then we have.
Speaker 5: Me, of course, and we have Mark I think is in parts unknown he's on, and and uh is Mark still on three oh three seven one three Talk seven one three eight two five five whatever. We're doing our show, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints. We have open lines for the first time this morning at three O three seven one three Talk three oh three seven one three eight.
Speaker 4: Two five five.
Speaker 5: But I'm kind of happy about that because I have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 4: Not not really happy.
Speaker 5: If you call, your calls take priority, you'll get right in. Okay, three oh three seven one three talk, or you can call three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four six six. This hour brought to you by waterpros dot net by the way, and that's water pros for your water softener and your drinking filter both. Listen to this reverse osmosis both for thirty one ninety five. I have never seen a deal this good ever, and I have these systems. Mark has the system for softening alone. It was thirty four one hundred. For the reverse osmosis drinking it was fourteen hundred. So add those together over forty five front whatever. Now you're getting them both for thirty one ninety five a limited time till Labor Day. Please call them three h three eight six two five five five four waterpros dot net. Now let's talk about something that I've wanted to talk about, and it has to do with.
Speaker 4: It really has to do with.
Speaker 5: The It's not politics, but it has to do a little bit with what people are throwing around with politics. Again, nothing to do with politics itself, but you hear a lot of people calling each other names, right, fascists. Now, fascism is something that you hear being called of Trump and his ilk and you hear either communism, communist or socialist being bantered about for Kamala or the gang. And what I've always found shocking to me is how all of this information with the Internet is just out there, all of it, all of it is out there for you to look at as to what it is. Yet no one seems to just be a like Project twenty twenty five. Everyone talks about stuff, but who actually who actually.
Speaker 4: Looks it up? Who actually reads it? Have you ever read the Communist Manifesto? John, have you ever read it?
Speaker 5: No, seriously, I've read the entire Communist Manifesto.
Speaker 4: There are also some socialists. Now there's nothing.
Speaker 5: Called the socialist Manifesto, but there have been many documents that have been claimed by socialists to be kind of like their manifesto. And what's amazing about it is how much it You know, how much people get wrong about communism and socialism. First of all, they're not even close to being the same, not even close, and the same with fascism.
Speaker 4: So the bottom line is I went out and looked at.
Speaker 5: All of this and thought, why the Democrats, by the way, don't come close. They don't come close to resembling communism.
Speaker 4: Not close, not even one little bit.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not saying I love what Democrats stand for, but they don't come close.
Speaker 4: And the Republicans are not even close to the fascism.
Speaker 5: Now, the reason Republicans are associated with fascism and the reason that Democrats are associated with communism, there might be reasons they give, but Communism was truly more even though they were against religion, was more.
Speaker 4: Of a faith based philosophy than political.
Speaker 5: In fact, Communism fought there should be no government. Did you know that there should be no government, There should be no ruling class. It should be run by workers with committees and no real government. No states, no borders, no classes, a classless stateless society, and communal ownership communal, not government, communal. That's truly the communist manifesto.
Speaker 4: So when they talk about.
Speaker 5: The communist system, they thought that once you did away with class and once everyone had access to everything they needed, it was such a flawed philosophy because they don't take into consideration human nature. But they say, the reason human nature is greedy and selfish is because of the classes in society.
Speaker 4: That makes people like that. It takes advantage of the worker, and then the bourgeoisie or the upper class.
Speaker 5: Now the bourgeoisie actually stand for middle class, but the strong middle class who profits from working class. They say that the working class are proletariat. They are the ones who are doing all the production, but the profits are made by the class above them.
Speaker 4: And the classes make people greedy.
Speaker 5: And the working class strives to be above what they are, and bourgeoisie they want.
Speaker 4: To be even higher than they are.
Speaker 5: And it's all this class struggle that cat And if you take away the class struggle, and if everybody is given what they need, each according to their needs, then they would be able to You would do away with greed, you would do away with capitalism, you would do away with a need for profit, You would do away with all of these evil.
Speaker 4: Desires, and mankind would strive. It would never happen ever, ever, ever. But that is the belief, that is truly the belief.
Speaker 5: Karl Marx was a very spiritual and philosophical person. Did not believe in God at all, but believed in man and that inherently, if you took away the state and the patriotism, and you took away money, and you took away the need for profit and everyone could get everything they needed and everything was communal, then you would do away with this terrible society. And that's communism.
Speaker 4: It's more truly hippie than anything I've ever seen or hurt socialism. I think if you had to pick something closer.
Speaker 5: To the Democratic Party, it would be socialism. And in fact, many of them admit to it. They say they're democratic socialists.
Speaker 4: Socialism believes in government.
Speaker 5: Communism believes in no government none. They want no states and no government. They want committees of people of working class people. Socialism actually believes that the government should control the means of production, not the working class. But then everyone is you distribute the assets through the government, and that you give equal outcomes to your people, and everyone will support the government because of it, and the government stands for the good of all and that everyone has equal access and that everyone has the.
Speaker 4: Same incomes and the same properties.
Speaker 5: And if you produce more in socialis it's because you.
Speaker 4: Can do more, but you don't keep more and the people. This is socialism.
Speaker 5: Now, Socialism wants a strong government. In fact, they want a strong central government, not strong state government. And they want the government to promote the means of wealth for everyone. That's socialism.
Speaker 4: Fascism believes that the corporate structure and the power is in the corporate structure and keeping the economy strong, and that the government should rule with kind of like corporations. I mean, if you had to really dumb it down.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the other thing we haven't talked about, I mean we didn't talk about capitalism, which is an economic system. And by the way, they're all kind of economic systems rather than governmental systems. That's why you can have a socialist dictator, you can have a socialist democracy.
Speaker 4: And you've heard AOC and her Elk.
Speaker 5: Saying there and Sanders saying that they're socialist democrats, meaning they want people to vote, but they want them to vote for a government that will implement socialistic procedures and policies. Whereas in Russia, let's say, or China, they they want they have dictators, well they don't call them dictators, but they have a strong state or party that promotes it's communism. But communism in Russia doesn't resemble Marxism at all, not even close.
Speaker 4: Or in or in China. But as far as fascism, fascism is where they believe the corporate structure will create the wealth and that will trickle down a bit, but it's really stronger then it's not a lot of people mistake it for capitalism. It's not capitalism, of course, believes supply and de man will rule. People will fundamentally strive for what they're rewarded for, and the better they do, the better they should get, and that will keep people striving for the best.
Speaker 5: And those who don't produce, you take care of those who are sick and confirmed. But basically, if you don't work, you don't eat. I mean truly, and they don't mean it like somebody stars. But capitalism is probably the most basic human tendencies.
Speaker 4: But Mark said, no, it's not. It's just because capitalism took a foothold, and that is why everyone recognizes by the way that capitalism.
Speaker 5: Was in and of itself, the natural way. But Marx argued that it was the natural way because people exploited the working class, and that's why it became the natural way. It's not really the natural way that you instilled in the working man this desire to be better and to profit because you have profited and exploited them. So everyone's trying to just exploit each other, and that's why capitalism thrives, whereas if if you took away all of that, communism would be the way. Isn't that weird? But do you see that anywhere in America? I see a little bit of socialism with socialism democracy, and I see a little bit of fascism.
Speaker 4: And please don't think I don't mean this.
Speaker 5: In a I don't when I say I see traits of fascism in a strong capitalistic philosophy. But I don't mean that like the fascism of the past that created wars and poverty.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that you can see where they got the idea, you know what I'm saying where they got it. But it's truly in American politics, we truly don't have communism, nor fascism, nor true socialism. We don't don't, if anything, though our government. If you look at social security, that's a part that is probably a socialistic kind of atmosphere because there is no better or worse in social security.
Speaker 4: Everyone gets the same. But what were you going to say, John, how.
Speaker 14: Much time do we have?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I know I'm not you realize I'm not sitting here pushing in philosophy. I'm just saying that we we banter these terms around all the time, all the time.
Speaker 14: No, we really don't, Okay, because I just hold on just a second.
Speaker 15: Nine intents of the people that are using those words don't have the first clue what the heck they need.
Speaker 4: That's the point I was making.
Speaker 15: So No, the point is, you just gave a very eloquent discussion of the differences between all these and who cares It only depends on whether you're trying to accuse somebody of being bad or you're trying to tell them why your side is better. And so that's really what it comes down to. All Republicans are, oh, there, fascist and then whatever. They don't know what the hell of fascist is. They don't know what that means. All they know is it sounds bad and they heard somebody say it, and by god, we better just stick with it because that's something that means that they're terrible, so you better call them back. And then you've got Bernie, and who the heck knows what Bernie wants to do? That's you know, that guy is almost as bad as Joe Biden is. But the fundamental difference in the two sides is the definition of the role of government.
Speaker 4: In your life. That's right.
Speaker 14: That really is what it comes down to.
Speaker 15: If you inherently believe the job of government is to take care of you and provide for you, you tend to fall more on the left side of the spectrum. If you think the job of the government is to stay the hell out of your way and let you provide for yourself, you tend to fall on the right side of the spectrum.
Speaker 14: And that's really all.
Speaker 15: It comes down to a little middle ground where we find some overlapping stuff. We can disagree about that, but fundamentally the two both sides haven't really deviated in one hundred years.
Speaker 5: And I don't know why government gets involved in the social aspects of life at all because it sells.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. You're right, You're right, because it's a.
Speaker 15: Way to get people riled on arms and riled up and motivated and crazy.
Speaker 4: John.
Speaker 5: I'm going to answer after the break, but I want to get started with you. What's going on with your hoa?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 21: Tom, Hey, we had a patio cover we had previously gone ten years ago. It was destroyed in a hailstorm. We put up a new one of semi material, and now our HOA is saying they don't know why the original one was approved and this new one won't be.
Speaker 5: When you did the new one, though, did you go through the process or just replace what you had?
Speaker 21: We just replaced what we had, and I will admit it is different the old one.
Speaker 11: It's the roofing material of it that is in dispute.
Speaker 5: And Okay, so if it was exactly here's what I'm asking John, if it was exactly the same, would they have bothered you at all?
Speaker 21: I guess I can't answer that because we did have a personal meeting with the HOA board and one of the members that I noticed your patio cover did change.
Speaker 5: Ohkay, hold on, we'll come right back with this and more coming up. Three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five or three oh three Martino, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen.
Speaker 4: Twe to.
Speaker 5: Hi, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. What happens when you'd replace something but it's a tiny bit different. Well, Ha's will take every opportunity to nit pick stuff.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: They they have laws for a reason, and their covenants more than laws, is what I mean. Their their internal laws. And here's the deal. Huas do this for a reason. They don't want to show precedent to others. So technically, if your house needs to be repainted and you want to repaint it the same exact color, technically you're still supposed.
Speaker 4: To run it by Hay's and many covenants. In John's situation, it was it was a patio cover that he put up, and he said it was the same, but not.
Speaker 5: How much did it differ? Did it differ in color?
Speaker 21: So let me change the termined phraseology because this is important. I think to it, it's a gazebo and we bought the gazebe just see Tosco there theedar and they have a metal roots.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 11: So, yeah, the base structure changed.
Speaker 21: It was a metal structure before and now it's a wood seedar, which the rules of regulations say the structure must be wood.
Speaker 5: Now wait a minute, the gazebo is self changed or the cover.
Speaker 11: The gazebo.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So your entire gazebo was it hurt by a storm?
Speaker 11: Yes, it was damaged.
Speaker 21: The roof was damaged by a hailstorm and in surch Okay.
Speaker 5: So when you rebuilt it, a gazebo usually has you know, a structure, poles, and a roof, right, correct. Did the entire structure, the deck part of it get replaced?
Speaker 11: No? Oh yeah, all of it's been replaced.
Speaker 4: In all of it. Okay, got it? And it used to be metal?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 4: And now what kind of wood is it?
Speaker 11: It's cedar?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, now continue now I understand, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 21: So our argument isn't whether we should have gotten approval for the new one. It's why they won't approve the new one.
Speaker 5: Well okay, So in other words, you did go through the process and they would not approve it, or you're looking for approval after.
Speaker 21: It's done, looking for approval after.
Speaker 4: Got it okay? Go ahead.
Speaker 21: So there's two sections in our growthen regulations that pertain or may pertain. There's one on storage sheds and ancillary structures. In that paragraph they name six structures. They do not mention the gazebo. It does end with an et, and that says the roof material of these structures must match the house roof of the house.
Speaker 11: Right, we have a ship roof.
Speaker 4: And what kind of roof? Wait, what kind of roof do you have?
Speaker 11: Shingle?
Speaker 4: Okay? And what kind of roof? Does this have? A metal roof or what? Or a wood or seed or what does it have?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 11: The roof of the gazebo roof is metal, okay?
Speaker 4: Got it okay?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 21: And then there's a separate section that says decks and gazebos so and that section says the structure must be wood, but it does not mention the roof material. So we are maintaining that section supersedes any applications to ancillary structures because it has its own section.
Speaker 4: Okay. So the section about decks and gazebos specifically mention that they should be made of would the structures would okay? Which is which you comply. And then but decks and gazebos, well, most gazebos have roofs, most decks don't. But what it's not uncommon to address roofing separately from decks and gazebos and outbuildings. You could have a whole section on outbuildings, but the roof part of its I don't get and I'm only hearing you, and I don't get where you think you're right. Because if it says that ancillary buildings, et cetera need to match the house's roof, why do you feel that the part about gazebos and decks, when they talk about the structure being would allows you not to match the roof. Are you saying because they don't mention a roof, any roof will do.
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: So I was saying, maybe, well, no, no, but but that's what you're you're you're that's what you're saying. I want to make that clear.
Speaker 5: So you're saying, because the section about decks and gazebos do not mention roofs.
Speaker 4: Any roof will do correct.
Speaker 5: Well, what if you wanted to do your roof in some ridiculous grass thatch?
Speaker 4: Would that do.
Speaker 11: I guess I might argument yes.
Speaker 5: Okay, and I guess you would be wrong because what I'm saying is roofing is addressed for ancillary buildings and structures.
Speaker 21: And a gazebo would be considered an answer answer or the structure.
Speaker 5: Well, what do you think? I mean, what else would it be? I mean, I'm not look at I'm not gonna call your h o, Wayne said. I think John's all wet. But but I do think you're you're barking up the wrong treemare bro. I mean, do they just want you to change your roof? Yeah, it's not going to be that difficult, is it?
Speaker 11: I cost a couple thousand dollars? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Well? How big is how big is that? Uh? Gazebo?
Speaker 11: It's twelve by sixteen?
Speaker 4: Oh wow?
Speaker 5: So to put a roof on that? Can't you put Can you put the shingles right over the middle?
Speaker 11: That's what I hope.
Speaker 21: But I don't know, I mean, and I don't know whether you have anybody or OK.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's call let's call Excel Roofing right now.
Speaker 21: Can you liquid nails shingles onto me?
Speaker 5: Let's find out, let's find out. I don't know the answer I just don't know the answer. Okay, Hey Kachina, Yeah, hold on, could you call Excel Roofing or call Henry I think a Jay's out of town, yep, and and ask him about that at John, what else were you going to say?
Speaker 21: And the other part of it is they ho A keeps saying metal roofs are not allowed. And there's nowhere in our regulations that even mentioned metal roofs except for it specifically says they're not allowed for awnings. Now, maybe I think from what you've said, that won't help us anyhow.
Speaker 11: Because you do a great well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not.
Speaker 5: They're not saying the metal roof isn't allowed because metal roofs are not allowed.
Speaker 4: It's saying that your roof has to match the house.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, I'll go.
Speaker 4: I mean, are there any houses that have metal roofs?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: And in the section and in the section for housing, does it give the roofs that are acceptable?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And is metal?
Speaker 5: And when it talks about housing and roofs, does it mention metal roofs being accepted?
Speaker 4: No? What does it say for homes that with the roofing you need?
Speaker 21: It's a list of about a dozen materials in they're all shingle.
Speaker 4: Well, then that's where the metal is not approved. Why would you think.
Speaker 9: It is all right?
Speaker 5: I mean, in other words, I don't know why you're interpreting things the way you are. You're saying because it doesn't say metal is prohibited.
Speaker 4: That it's accepted.
Speaker 5: Yet it gives you every single roof that's accepted.
Speaker 11: So even and so I.
Speaker 4: Didn't that's but yeah, that's what they They only listen.
Speaker 5: They only have to give the house because every other structure must match the house.
Speaker 11: Okay, I see.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at I'm looking.
Speaker 5: At this from a third party who never talked to you before, and I'm giving you a cold blush, which is a pretty good indication that I'm being objective here. I don't even like Hoa's but I don't I don't think you're interpreting it correctly. We have more coming up. We're gonna find out about that roof coming.
Speaker 4: Up with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here. Hey, if you weren't able to get a hold of Excel, I can try.
Speaker 4: On my end.
Speaker 20: Yeah, he isn't texting me back, and he's not answering his phone, and.
Speaker 4: I'll uh, I'll tell him I need him three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So we're going to ask about doing a roof over a metal roof and they simply want asphalt on it.
Speaker 5: So I don't think that's going to be a big deal. John Fuller is with us as well, attorney at law. We talk about a lot of things, and obviously we talk a lot about auto accidents.
Speaker 4: And somebody wants to know about ride share.
Speaker 5: Well, they want to know if they're uninsured motorists, if they're a passenger, or their medical payments if they're a passenger carries.
Speaker 4: Over to ride share. So how does that work?
Speaker 14: John, Yeah, it does.
Speaker 15: But you need to also know that we have laws that basically now require the ride share drivers to carry a lot more insurance, So your insurance will likely be secondary to that which is already in place between either the ride share driver or the at fault party if they happen to be different people. But yes, in a nutshell, it does carry over there.
Speaker 4: Have you seen a lot more of these cases or not?
Speaker 15: You know, we get that, but I don't see any more or less than different kinds of accidents.
Speaker 5: And you think there'd be a lot more because I'm telling you, ridehare is damn popular. I can't believe how many people use it. I never go downtown anymore to an event. When we're going to a concert or we're going to an event, we never take our car anymore whenever.
Speaker 4: We're going downtown or something.
Speaker 14: Yeah, what are the same way?
Speaker 5: I won't do it And it's such a hassle free way to do it now. Even people that live on the outskirts or live far away, park it somewhere central and take your ride share man your nuts to go downtown. You know, it costs me more to go downtown and park than it would to take a ride share from almost anywhere.
Speaker 15: Or even like marking them in an RV park, I mean just the I know he's with, which you can call an uber. I actually do stuff like go to the grocery store, get food and go back to your RV. I mean, just simple things like that are so much easier with the ride share than so Stephanie.
Speaker 5: I went to Miami and when we figured the cost of a rental car, then the.
Speaker 4: Hotel charges you every day for the valet.
Speaker 5: And then parking where you go when you venture out of the hotel. It's as much as the We did not rent a car in Miami one time and saved money by doing ride share only everywhere we went we did ride share. Mark by the way he has to leave, did he disconnect already through time? I'm ready here, go ahead. So do you use ride share when you're with the r V or do you rent cars?
Speaker 4: Or you toe? What do you do now? I toe?
Speaker 7: But we used if we fly anywhere, man, unless if we've got to drive like a few hours away from the airport, we never rent cars anymore.
Speaker 4: I know it, I know it.
Speaker 7: It's getting to see you got really crazy price. You remember before co covid honest to God, you could go to Enterprise or Hurtz and rent a basic car for twenty twenty two bucks a day. Now it's like, I don't care if you buy insurance or not. I mean, the plane Jain stuff.
Speaker 4: Is like fifty to sixty bucks a day. I know it. I know it's crazy. I mean really, I just I just don't.
Speaker 7: I had a quick question for John though, since this came up. John, those scooters downtown that you can rent, like either Lyft or Uber or whoever does them, does your UIM coverage carry over if you're on a scooter? In other words, if I get hit on a scooter by a car and it's the car's fault and they have no insurance are very limited, does my UIM kick in.
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 14: Yeah? It should. It should kick in just fine.
Speaker 15: And you know, we've been successful in handling a couple cases like that, but it requires you to not be at fault. Now, one thing I can tell you about something that a lot of people don't know, and that's that the rental agreement for those things is horrible. I mean, I've had people that were on a scooter and the steering mechanisms literally fell off when they hit a bump and the guy ended up in a hospital. And literally, they just claim liability so many different ways for stuff like that that that we ended up concluding that there was just no chance in the world of going after them for for that product liability. So be very careful. But yees, sure, um should cover you. Your medpay should most likely kick in and cover you.
Speaker 7: And then how about how about if I get someone on a scooter, it does my car insurance cover the damage?
Speaker 4: If I have the proper coverage.
Speaker 14: It might it's it it may mark.
Speaker 15: That's a that's a good question, A good question that you should take up with your agent.
Speaker 4: But we've got to take this break through. I swear mark you have to scoot. Yeah, I got someone knocking it the door.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up on this shows.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. I was gonna call Excel Roofing about the uh that HOA and I will, but first eighty oh on, Oh good, Henry, there you are, bro. I was trying to Colli in the other line, Henry, can this guy has a gazebo and a metal roof was put on it, and his ho is demanding he put an asphalt roof to match his house. And John, let me let me just ask you real quick, Henry, can you nail the ass? Can you put the asphalt over the metal roof?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 22: I really wouldn't recommend doing that. It's best to put this best stand a kind of OSB and then shingle over that decking.
Speaker 5: But do you have to remove the metal though, or can you put the OSB over the medal?
Speaker 22: Yes, that's the proper way to do it is to remove the metal and then shingle.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call humpass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 14: News need advice so you don't.
Speaker 4: Have you come run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 14: Show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Here to help you solve your problems, answer questions, and take complaints.
Speaker 5: We have a lot happening here. I'm gonna go right to the phones. Okay, we left off of John and we didn't get a I didn't get a complete answer. But John right now has a gazebo that the hoy is giving him trouble on they want the roof to match his house.
Speaker 4: And right now.
Speaker 5: There's a metal roof on the gazebo and a regular asphalt roof on his house. John, if you go out to the gazebo, what's underneath the metal? Is the metal just over the frame? Or do you have plywood underneath the metal?
Speaker 4: Is John there?
Speaker 11: Yeah? John's here?
Speaker 4: Yes? John?
Speaker 5: So what's underneath the metal? If you go out to the gazebo and look up.
Speaker 11: It's just a tread structure.
Speaker 21: So and then you see the bottom of the thinsheet of metal.
Speaker 5: So okay, So the metal is on the frame. There's no plywood or anything on there?
Speaker 21: Right And if we could sb, is there nails or stables that are tending enough that they won't go through the osc and show from the bottom.
Speaker 5: Okay? So if you have a gazebo you're asking you do have to put up if you put asphalt on there, you have to put a plywood decking down.
Speaker 4: Okay, First, are you saying if you put and you're afraid that if you put the plywood decking down and then the asphalt roof, you're afraid the nails might show through they probably will.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Henry with excel roofing, Henry Bretts.
Speaker 4: Henry, will the nail part go ahead?
Speaker 11: Henry yep, yep.
Speaker 22: So I know exactly what he's talking about. This is a very common uh deal. All these gazebos. They put that metal directly on the rafters and so you can see the metal from the bottom and then obviously.
Speaker 13: From the top.
Speaker 22: I mean, this is a really unfortunate situation. He's going to have to rip all that metal off and put that OSB right on those rafters and then, like he said, nail the shingles down. It's proper to have the shingles penetrate the OSB. So it's I mean he could go through and clip the backside of the nails. That would be one option.
Speaker 14: He could also raise.
Speaker 22: That that decking basically up higher and so that there's more uh like room for the nails to go through and they wouldn't show. But I mean it's difficult.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: I don't know what he means by that.
Speaker 23: So it decking a little bit more like thick, like a base layer and then a little you know, furring strip or two by four and then another layer on top of the actual shot.
Speaker 22: You could for sure do something like that. I really wouldn't recommend doing that. It basically be like a cold roof system on just the gazebo.
Speaker 4: Why did they make why did they require that the nail Why do they require that the nails go through.
Speaker 22: The OSB just to make sure that they're holding correctly. It's a code for those nails to penetrate through and it is difficult, especially on a building like that.
Speaker 5: So the only thing you would yeah, he could just put a decorative or a or a finished piece of something as a ceiling underneath the rafters and then you and then you wouldn't see the you wouldn't see the bear decking underneath with the nails popping through.
Speaker 22: Hey, yeah, that would be a great solution.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So John, did it have a metal roof on it before?
Speaker 21: It had a No, but it didn't have a single groove. It had a vibran class roof.
Speaker 4: And how was that fiber negotiating with?
Speaker 22: What the what the HOA is there any room with them?
Speaker 4: Like? Why what would you suggest?
Speaker 22: I mean, it's just it's a lot of work for really nothing, and that that metal it's a really good roof, and to change it out for an asphalt is just a lot of work and it's no added benefits.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that metal roof probably looks prettier too.
Speaker 4: Great, God, that's John.
Speaker 5: There's no way they would consider is there is the roof color the same?
Speaker 11: It's very close to the color of our house.
Speaker 5: God, I can't believe there being such I can't believe there being such nitpickers.
Speaker 14: Somebody to paint it to match the shingles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's saying it's close already.
Speaker 14: To the color painted to where it looks like a shingled roof.
Speaker 5: Oh, like a faux finish.
Speaker 4: Hey, is it a standing seam roof? Do you know?
Speaker 21: I'm not sure what that term means, but it does well.
Speaker 4: Is the roof completely flat?
Speaker 21: Yeah? No, I'm sorry, it's it's but you kind of gabled on four sides.
Speaker 22: Right, But what I mean I think this is corrugated metal panels.
Speaker 12: They're about twelve feet.
Speaker 22: I highly doubted standing seem that because they shift these things with they're pre manufactured.
Speaker 5: Okay, well listen, I don't know what to tell you, but he's saying it would be a lot of work and the nails would show through and I don't know.
Speaker 21: Maybe so the only other question, so there's no adhesive like lick wood nails or something you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: Is there any kind of a roof he could he could glue on, Henry.
Speaker 4: Anything, you know.
Speaker 22: I don't think that there's really a good option for that. As far as us being a contractor, we would need to do something to code. If he wanted to go and do something like that himself, that could be a possible option.
Speaker 4: And what kind of adhesive would stick that that? I mean, does it have to be the code?
Speaker 5: Even on a structure like that that is not inhabitable like a house.
Speaker 22: You know, it's it's kind of the luck of the draw the inspector. Yeah, absolutely, they could go out there and say this isn't a code and make you redo it. It's it's really up to just the homeowner how they want to go about it, if it's a DIY project or if they do want to have a professional come in. But we would have to do it properly.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know, Wow, what a pain, John, That is terrible.
Speaker 5: What did what what did this gazebo cost you?
Speaker 9: John?
Speaker 11: It was about twenty undred dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh, twenty five hundred that big of a gazebo, that's all. Ok Oh, it was pre built. Okay, Okay, that's a tough one.
Speaker 18: Yeah, because it's it quite have been a cat on the lot to do.
Speaker 22: That roof on that gazebo. I mean he might be looking at twenty five hundred dollars just to redo that whole thing, to put an ass fault roof onto it, especially doing that that would underneath the rafters to finish it correctly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it.
Speaker 5: What a pain in the ass, John, Well, we got you can call Excel off the air, call him and asking more questions if you have them. But I can't think of any solution. You may want to appeal to your homeowners unless it just looks ugly. I don't even know how it looks is it? Is it an attractive gazebo?
Speaker 11: Yeah, we think it is.
Speaker 21: Their neighbors even sign of thing that people the two neighbors can say it.
Speaker 11: They said they have no.
Speaker 4: They don't even care.
Speaker 5: Man, what a pain in the ass your homeowners association is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: John Excel roofing dot Com three O three seven sixty one sixty four one hundred, Ken, what is your question on on sentry Link?
Speaker 4: How about John Heym.
Speaker 18: A long time listener.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 18: We moved back to Denver from Salida in April of two thousand and one, and you signed up for a century Link five or one gig internet service and it was price for life at sixty Is this.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and one you moved yes, okay.
Speaker 18: And the price for life is no longer the price for life.
Speaker 11: They're raising the prices.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 5: We're getting a lot of complaints about this. Hold on, We'll come right back to you, and more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Ken listen, I did some research off the air here and the price, the Price for Life plan, despite the name, has been been faced with price hikes all over the country, and in fact, Sentry Link has been the source of a lot of complaints.
Speaker 4: And you want to know the bottom line. They're saying tough, They're saying, listen, they're saying tough, we can't do it anymore.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that I mean there now, there would have to be in a case like this, a class action suit or something. They're not going to move for one person. And I don't think one person can afford to bring a lawsuit. No, But they're basically thumbing their nose saying, yep, it was a price for life. And and some people say there might be small print in the contract. I've never actually looked at one. Did you do you have your contract?
Speaker 18: I don't ever remember truly getting a contract.
Speaker 5: And that's the other rubb or are we ever going to be able to I don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 4: It's all over the country this is happening.
Speaker 18: And the same is going with their other new the offshoot company that's Quantum fiber.
Speaker 4: I think no, they well, which is well, hold on, a new company can do it right.
Speaker 18: No, the new one that's sitting out there is a subsidiary of CenturyLink. They're offering the same thing, but they've got an asterisk on their ad that says as long as the plan is still offered, which is what century Link did too.
Speaker 11: And I don't.
Speaker 18: I don't think you can buy the price for life from century Link anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you're saying they should still honor the old one. Yes, when you bring that up to them, what do they say?
Speaker 18: They say, tough luck?
Speaker 4: No, what did they really say?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 18: Really, the first year they when they bumped it up by ten bucks, I mean the first year.
Speaker 4: How long? Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait wait, you said you had this since two thousand and one. That's twenty forty, that's twenty.
Speaker 18: Three, No, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: That's why I asked, I know, Okay, I asked that.
Speaker 5: Okay, So since twenty twenty one, here's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: How many times have they increased it.
Speaker 18: I've had it for two years and it wasn't increased. The third year they increased it, ten Bucks called it complained and they rolled it back to ten Bucks, and then this last April.
Speaker 11: They raised it again.
Speaker 18: I called it, complained and they said, I'm sorry, we're not doing that anymore, and we'll give you a long term customer benefit for the moment for a year of fifteen dollars a month. So they rolled it back, but I don't think it's going to keep lasting. And my take on them giving me this customer the fifteen dollars discount, I believe they're going to call that.
Speaker 11: A new contract.
Speaker 4: Yep. So what do you do?
Speaker 18: I mean, not much.
Speaker 4: We got it. We got to get the word out, and we got to get the word out. I mean, I'm hoping. Seriously, I'm wondering.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering how many this has happened to and if there is a class action firm.
Speaker 4: That would be willing to do it.
Speaker 5: The class action firms exist for one reason, well, excuse me, legal fees.
Speaker 4: And it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, see, the purpose of a class action lawsuit is usually to punish the wrongdoer, stop the infraction, and if they get legal fees, I don't care about that. I mean, that's why that's what induces firms to take.
Speaker 4: On class action. Do you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not saying you do. John Fuller is an attorney. John with class action lawsuits. These firms do it.
Speaker 4: For the legal fees, right, I mean obviously, yeah, of course, but they still accomplish a good thing. I think sometimes they do.
Speaker 15: I mean, they do affect actual real change, you know, and and and believe me, these companies are even though the class members may you know, their jokes will get a coupon or a quarter or something, and the lawyers will get, you know, a gazillion bucks. But make no mistake, these companies are paying out huge amounts of money and it definitely hits the bottom line. So the main reason to bring a big, you know, class action type suit is to affect change in the corporate behavior.
Speaker 5: Now, it says that there have been other class action lawsuits brought in other states, uh for fraud and over billing, not in this specific case, but they said in this research like in Minnesota, there was the Sentrylink settled a lawsuit with the attorney general. You know, I imagine of enough people complained to the attorney general in Colorado. We should try to I'm serious, we should try to get a spokesperson on from the Attorney General's office. So while there's not much we can do for you Ken specifically and individually, I believe that you bring up a really good point, Kaschina. Let's try to get Let's try to reach out here or have somebody reach out, give one to one of the deputies. Let's reach out to the Attorney general and just talk in general consumer terms on whether they would address this.
Speaker 4: Now Lara or is it Laura? Is it Lara or Laura about frozen bank accounts?
Speaker 20: Yeah, no, it's Laura. I yes, I caught last week our bank accounts were frozen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, you you were married three.
Speaker 5: Years ago and your new husband declared bankruptcy that was discharged nine years ago. Then then your joint account was recently frozen and you have no idea why.
Speaker 20: Yes, well we found out why. So I just wanted to warn people because apparently when you file for bankercy, all of your accounts should be quosed at the bank that you currently bank.
Speaker 4: Wish and then you reopen them and you reopen new accounts.
Speaker 20: No, we're not allowed to bank there.
Speaker 4: What bank was it?
Speaker 20: Belco?
Speaker 4: Why did it take him nine years to find out?
Speaker 24: They did a.
Speaker 20: Recent audit and we're not the only ones. There's other people who have filed being received in previous years, and now they are closing all their accounts. They said, we were we would be allowed to continue banking there if we voluntarily paid the debt that he owed them from eight years ago.
Speaker 4: Oh so he owed them money themselves.
Speaker 20: How much he m five thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: Oh so they're they're saying, screw you. You're not going to owe us money and keep an account. That would be the same as like if you had a credit card account.
Speaker 15: And it's absolutely illegal for them to try to force him to pay, but they're not forcing him to know.
Speaker 4: They didn't keep they didn't keep your money, right, No, no, but.
Speaker 20: We had a substantial amount of money in a money market account and now and basically I have to find another account for it because it was a high yield savings account.
Speaker 4: And so at least they're not but they're not keeping your money.
Speaker 20: No, no, they made us close the account.
Speaker 5: Okay, So basically though, that's not so much of a shocker, meaning this even though you haven't done anything, and of course he hasn't done anything recently. What they're saying is, wait a minute, Why is this guy doing business with us when he went bankrupt? We don't want him. You know, American Express does stuff like that.
Speaker 4: A lot of.
Speaker 5: Companies do that. Now, some companies don't. Some companies don't care. If you owe them money, go bankrupt and open a new account.
Speaker 4: They're figuring, well, at least we got some business from you.
Speaker 5: But that's a really interesting development, Larer, thank you for letting us know that.
Speaker 20: Go ahead, Lara, ever notified, We were never notified. We've never received a letter that our accounts were frozen. We found out because someone tried to cast a check that wall.
Speaker 4: No, that's what sucks.
Speaker 5: That sucks because they should have at least said to you, by the way, you have like ten days or three days or three whatever to close your account.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we're not the only one. This is happening to other people. So I just wanted to put that out there.
Speaker 4: Good Lara, thank you.
Speaker 24: Yeah, yeah, what else I was.
Speaker 20: Just going to say, And if you and if you file for bankruptcy, make sure you close your accounts because eight years later we'll come back to bite you.
Speaker 5: Well, you close your account if you owe that institution money. Otherwise they don't really care. They really don't. It's the only reason they did that to you, guys, is because you owe them money. So if you owe a financial institution any money, you should close the account. You're absolutely right three seven one three talks seven one three eight.
Speaker 4: Two five five. Deputy Bow has some follow ups.
Speaker 5: Plus we have John Fuller, Attorney at Law, Personal Injury dot Personal injuryco dot com.
Speaker 4: All of that coming up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three o three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Steve's got a suggestion for the guy with the gazebo. He has a metal roof on the gazebo. The Hway's given him a hard time, saying it has to match the house, which means you'd have to put down plywood decking and then an asphalt roof, and it would look like hell underneath because the nails would come through the plywood. And the gazebo has an open ceiling in the you know, like at the cathedral ceiling.
Speaker 12: What do you think, Steve, Well, my thought is that he could leave that metal roof where it is and put furring strips on the trusses and then put the wood on top of that, and then the metal roof would cover any nails that would come through there. And then all you'd need is maybe one of those strips along the outside that might cover the difference between the two roofs from the I understand.
Speaker 4: So you're saying there's a way to cover those nails.
Speaker 12: Well, no, I'm just saying, leave his original roof on, put the furring strips.
Speaker 4: On the metal roof.
Speaker 12: Got it, Oh, so that metal roof will cover it all up.
Speaker 4: So I see.
Speaker 5: You're saying, just basically, put some furring strips on the metal roof and put a new roof above, and you have a little airspace in between.
Speaker 12: Right, and then nobody would see the nails, and then he just has to do those new things they require on houses. That grip strip along the edges would probably cover up the gap of that.
Speaker 5: And never thought of that. You know, that might be it time again. It's going to cost him though, I mean, it seems a shame to do that just because of this this rule.
Speaker 12: But thank you Steve trying to get it approved. But ye'll be a fairly decent last.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, thank you for thinking.
Speaker 5: I love when our audience calls in with suggestions our listeners. Hey, Deputy Bow As a follow up, now, here's what happened. Brenda called us Monday and said, I worked for Grandma's Goodies and that's a kind of a nice restaurant. We could, I mean, a down home restaurant. Found out anyway, she said, I quit because the owner is keeping all the tips from his servers. And then we learned she only worked there six hours. So we're not sure what happened.
Speaker 4: But Deputy Bo, you followed it up. What did you find out?
Speaker 24: Yes, Tom this Brenda, it's good that we have time to always dig in to get there. Seems to be always another side.
Speaker 6: To the store.
Speaker 4: Oh you.
Speaker 24: Absolute yeah. Called Vicky, the owner of Grandma's Goodies called They're a good mom and pop restaurant. They got four point seven rating. And I think that guy Ferrari on Diners Drives Diners Drive did a story about him. But anyway, the bottom line is she just wasn't working out. She had an altercation with an employee or another customer, so they had to let her go. She's only there a few hours. She called in stating that they the employees do not get the chip tips. They cannot be anything further than the truth. They have a tip jar, they collect the tips. At the end of the day, Vicki and her husband that owned grandma Goodies split up the tips between the employees and the people that fake. So they've done appears they do not keep the tips at all. Brenda was just calling to disparage the restaurant, and I think it's.
Speaker 4: That's too bad. That's that's really too bad.
Speaker 24: So I just want to give kudos to the restaurant because she called in to disparage the restaurant, and I think they're very good based on the rating. Is a very good restaurant and they're.
Speaker 4: Not employees, you know, thank you very much. In fact, we all agreed we were going to try this place out. It looks so good online.
Speaker 14: It takes some special they're fired in six hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, by the way, how do you get fired in six hours?
Speaker 4: Did they elaborate at all?
Speaker 24: They said there was some sort of altercation with either with one of the guests, and they just say, geez. They had to let it go and shore to the door.
Speaker 5: So you know, I have a funny story about that. I I was there roly pure for me and some friends.
Speaker 4: Were at a car show and we were at a restaurant and this waitress was so nasty that we couldn't believe it.
Speaker 5: I mean it really, she really was nasty. I mean it wasn't just somebody with it. And we didn't know why. But I remember at the time my friend was going through divorce and and he made a comment because we were all there for a guy's weekend at this car show, and he made it he said, if I want to be treated like this, I'd stay home. It was pretty funny, but then I got so pissed off. I remember the day Rollie would tell you I got up and I did.
Speaker 4: I rang my glass like they do at weddings with the silver ding ding ding ding, And people looked at me and I said, how many here are being treated terribly by this woman? I am kind of sick and tired of it. We're all here having fun. Why is she being so nasty? Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, you wouldn't believe it. People start raising their hand and clapping for me. I mean the ones that had her. She was fired, So I had to.
Speaker 4: Have been a year and a half later. Maybe I think it was a year and a half. I was doing a live shot for Channel four at the Wizard's Chest on Halloween. You know Halloween. So the Wizard's Chest used to be this magic store in a costume store, And all of a sudden, this witch comes up to me and says, I hope you're satisfied. I'm thinking, how I propose. She's dressed as a witch, and she was the woman that had gotten fired and wanted to let me know that I ruined her life. I said, no, I didn't ruin your life. I said, I think you pretty much did that. I mean, and I don't know how eating a job as a waitress in wherever the town was recommercier whatever is going to ruin your life. But that was and that woman she showed up at three different live shots.
Speaker 14: Better watch out.
Speaker 4: Well that was a long time ago. She's she's probably still a witch though, anyway. Three O three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Martino here.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Mike, what is your suggestion for the guy with the gazebo?
Speaker 17: Mike, I don't hear anybody telling him.
Speaker 11: Are you there?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir? Go ahead?
Speaker 17: Okay, Yeah, I didn't hear anybody tell me. Well, first thing he needs to find out those those are pre manufactured gazebos, right, what's the load bearing snow bearing on it? How much can you make can that gazebe hold? As much as I am betting Shingle and would and everything, he may not be able to. He may come out and find it collapse.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's that's true, of course. But I mean the bottom line was it was just a bad idea to go and do that.
Speaker 14: Anyway.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I think? And this is probably crazy, Mike, but thanks for calling. I think that Costco would.
Speaker 4: Take it back. They might, that's how crazy they are. They would if he said, my homeowners won't allow it.
Speaker 15: And go buy one of those big wooden ones in front of home depot.
Speaker 4: And but they're labor taking it down and all that. Steve. You have a question on movers, Go ahead, Steve, what's happening?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm moving out of state and I've heard all these horror stories about people hiring companies and these moving companies. That's right, you're belonging hostage.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 17: I hired a company. I'll put a deposit, American Movers Direct. I've done my research online. I mean, how do you feel comfortable?
Speaker 12: This is like one of the best.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, American Movers Direct I've never heard of. So here's what I tell you, okay, that's how I pick a mover. They're very hard to find. First of all, most movers are not movers. They're contract gatherers, and they take money and do nothing, then sell the contract to someone else who then picks up your stuff and then talks you into more money, and then somebody else transports it, and then they hold it hostage upon delivery, saying you owe them even more money. So most movers aren't movers. They just they move your contract from one person to another.
Speaker 4: What you need is someone who's going to handle the move from beginning to end. Okay.
Speaker 5: That means an agent for a recognized national van line. Unfortunately, that's the best way to When I say unfortunately, meaning that's what you have to do, okay, you have to go to a recognized agent of a reputable van line. And this has to be an agent that owns their Listen carefully. They own their own fleet of trucks, or at least their own fleet. They don't sell contracts, and they have their own brick and mortar place, not a guy sitting in his basement in his underwear, gathering your contract and selling it.
Speaker 4: That's the way you do it.
Speaker 5: So if you want to move, I'm going to tell you the safest thing the guy should pay me for advertising because over the years I've known him for so long, and the reason he doesn't advertise is because he doesn't have to because they're because they're the best mover in the world. And that's Johnson Moving in storage. So yeah, so you called Johnson moving in storage here in Denver, and then it's done.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I wish I could name different ones throughout. There are probably other ones around, but this is the guy that I've known Mark for years and years and years and years and years now. He used to be on my referral list many years ago. But frankly, the man doesn't need to advertise. They've been in business one hundred and twenty five years and they're I believe they Let's see who are Are they National van Lines or wait, they're for one, But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: They're They're a real, honest to god agent.
Speaker 5: But you can get you can also get good ones that are grable.
Speaker 4: You can get people who are beacons.
Speaker 5: But you just want someone with a long history of not screwing people. And I forge I'm trying to find out who Johnson is.
Speaker 4: Affiliated with I believe they're United Van Lines. I think they're united. Yeah, Johnson Moving in Storage.
Speaker 5: Yep, you call them, you will. Here here's their number. I looked them up online again.
Speaker 4: The guy, the guy to hire me. Here it is three h three seven eight five forty three fourteen. There.
Speaker 5: Don't screw around. Just don't screw around with anyone else.
Speaker 4: It's that big, okay, and it really will.
Speaker 5: You're never gonna You're never gonna have those games because the way it works sucks. Usually you call a guy, they take money, they do nothing, They sell your contract. You never know who you're dealing with. There's four or five different people. They hike the price each time. Keep your stuff, and by the way, most of the time, it doesn't pay to move. It pays to sell and to buy where you are and take the most valuable of your stuff. That's so keepsake or documents and simply ship them.
Speaker 4: By the way.
Speaker 5: John Fuller Personal Injuryco dot Com three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred, But simply remember the name Fuller, John. You will talk to each and every client that calls and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Is that right, John?
Speaker 14: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm serious when I say this. Just call, ask your questions and say what can you do for me? I mean, what the hell right? You can't do better than that three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred