Speaker 1: Welcome Anthony Rodriguez to the show Live from New Orleans. First of all, to the person who said a modern version of Hogan's Heroes or McHale's Navy could be made.
Speaker 2: To be pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Did you guys ever wonder what that pitch meeting was like for Hogan's Heroes? It was like, hear me out a comedy set in a concentration camp. And then I was watching the movie I cannot remember what the name of the movie is with Miles Teller about the making of The Godfather, right.
Speaker 2: It was so good. It was a really good short series.
Speaker 1: But in that series, Miles Teller plays Robert Evans, who was the producer of Hogan's Heroes, and they wanted to pitch something else.
Speaker 2: And the studio hated it. So Miles Teller, just.
Speaker 1: His character Bob Evans, was like, let me just tell you, I got this other idea, and they were like, love it.
Speaker 2: And the sixties were wild because of that.
Speaker 1: Amelia Perez is a very well nominated movie. I still haven't watched the rest of it, but it was sort of controversial when they nominated a trans woman in the Supporting actress category. And now we don't have to worry about a person born as a boy winning a female category because unfortunately text messages have appeared, not text messages, tweets, and there might have been some anti Islam stuff and maybe some racist type stuff in the actress's Twitter account.
Speaker 2: And now she is expected to fly.
Speaker 1: She is no longer expected to fly from her home in Spain, but she has basically realized she's not going to win. And something you guys have to realize about this Oscar stuff is Oscar nominations, Oscar campaigns. Oh, it's the offer, Thank you, Miles Teller. The offer such a good show. These Oscar campaigns that are backed by the studios. There's a lot of money involved, and there's a lot of backbiting and backstabbing as people try to torpedo the nominations of other people.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, you know, but if.
Speaker 1: You've got racist stuff, like my Twitter feed has some stuff that is out of context, looks ridiculous. Like one of my tweets from way back in the day was one of my callers had just called me a member of the KKK first something I don't even know what, and I just said, can I wear my white sheet?
Speaker 2: After Labor Day.
Speaker 1: Obviously funny joke, right, but if people go back and see that and think that makes me a racist, I would burst out laughing at this point. But if you do have actual racist stuff, you probably need to scrub it out before this. But now she will not, Mandy, I wouldn't call Hogan's hero as a concentration camp. It was a pow camp. My bad, my bad, Hey, hear me out. Comedy based in a pow camp still sounds ridiculous, completely ridiculous. Laverne and Shirley, Yes, yes, Laverne and Shirley.
Speaker 2: And where did you get to do it?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Our man covering the super Bowl live from New Orleans, one, mister Anthony Rodriguez joining us now?
Speaker 2: So a rod are you already tired?
Speaker 3: Exhausted?
Speaker 4: Is probably a better explanation, so like times a thousand, but yes, long answer, yes, So tell me.
Speaker 1: Your day right now? What has happened? Uh since you got there? Like walk me you got off the plane and tell me what you've done since then?
Speaker 4: Well I am I'm still reeling with a big giant grin, but reeling in exhaustion nonetheless, from opening a night last night, it was just just insane. First of all, this is my first media week. I've covered the NBA Finals, I've covered the Stanley Cup Final, covered March Madness. Right from the jump, I immediately knew this is a totally different ballgame intended because this is football.
Speaker 3: The Caesar Super Known Opening was just a mad house.
Speaker 4: I mean I've heard tales obviously, people not just countrywide, but across the entire globe come to this event. I mean hundreds of people at each podium for these star players.
Speaker 3: In the opening night, I mean to give you an.
Speaker 4: Example, I spent about an hour, give or take, getting one question into Eagle's superstar running back Saquon Barkley. I think I probably yelled Saquon's name at least one.
Speaker 3: Hundred times trying to get his attention.
Speaker 4: And you know, it didn't help that they didn't have the greatest set up in the world at each podium with the Molt box for audio right there at the front, with all the cameras in the front, So the reporters had to like try to peek their heads through all the tripods, including my own, to try to get in there and get a question. But opening night was just a whirlwind. I did get a chance to ask the question into Pat Mahomes. I pissed off all the Swifties yesterday with my question that Travis Kelsey your questions.
Speaker 2: I thought he knocked it out of the bark.
Speaker 4: I thought, he well, here's the thing Ross asked me earlier in terms of how NFL players typically are kind of top of the list of getting getting coach speak and players. And then when I asked Travis Kelsey, you know, hey, give me your pitch for NFL fans that are non Swifties, I was expecting the full can you know response that you would hear from a boyfriend of a Taylor swift And instead of getting that canned response that I had that I was anticipating and going to be a good social bit, he just hits me with, who's not a Swiftie?
Speaker 3: And I mean I was a techno.
Speaker 1: It was a perfect boyfriend response, it really was. It was so good and he looked at you like you were an idiot, which made it even better.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no bringing on. I just want a little bit more. But you know that's perfect. I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Tuesday night is the big media day.
Speaker 1: That's what a Rod's talking about right now, and that's the media kickoff, and now what have you been up to today though? Because are you going to be able to make it to any of the parties that are happening because there are parties every night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, so Monday night last night was the big was really the only big thing at Caesar Superdome when the game is actually going to be played, which is obviously the opening night with all the podiums. Like I mentioned, Uh, the rest of the week kind of varies from different spots.
Speaker 3: So most of today I have been here at.
Speaker 4: The Convention Center, which is about five or ten minutes away from Caesar Superdome. Kind it's really ten minutes away from everything, and this is just where it is, the whirlwind inside of the Convention Center.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's an endless hall of monster setups.
Speaker 4: I'm looking right now, FanDuel from NBC Sports, Sirius XM.
Speaker 3: I mean, just everybody is here, the who's who.
Speaker 4: I've been walking around, different athletes, differ celebrities. As the week rams up, I've been hearing that, you know, the celebrity level will increase, at professional athlete level will increase, But today it's for me it's kind of walking around radio row. I already got a chance to do a one on one with longtime NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf. I chalk talk to legend legendary Titans running back, you know, one on one CJ two k about about elite running backs.
Speaker 3: In the NFL. And so I've been doing a lot of different stuff.
Speaker 4: But yes, to answer your question, tonight is the big massive media.
Speaker 3: Party that I've got that I've got a ticket to. So I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go check it out.
Speaker 4: Bra Bronco's Super Bowl champ Todd Davis, who's here with DMVR and he's been on with us as well.
Speaker 3: He told me no cameras, so I.
Speaker 4: Think he kind of teased that he knew that I was probably thinking of, you know, bringing something to chat with people.
Speaker 3: But I'll probably just go there.
Speaker 4: I'm able to have my phone in hand if someone wants to chat with me, you know, do my job instead of just party hardy. But I will say this, in terms of the whirlwind that I've been a part of, Todd Davis and Ryan Koenisberger do a good job of DMVR.
Speaker 3: They had to remind me.
Speaker 4: Because I said, oh, well, I'm gonna go to the party, but you know, dry January and they both look at me to go it's February.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, you are right. That is how much I've been caught up in the whirlwind.
Speaker 1: Well, and what's interesting is how close are you staying to Bourbon Street?
Speaker 2: Like how close do you do the stadium?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: From Bourbon Street on maybe like a five to seven minute.
Speaker 1: Well, that's fantastic because because I've covered multiple Super Bowls doing the same thing that a Rod has done when I worked in sports radio and always be ready, like I mean, you know, you know, like we were to DNC and the RNC because I caught so many people walking to and fro Right just walking down the street and I would just sidle up to him and say, hey, you got a second, I'm ready to go. And that's where we got some of our best interviews, just like off the cuff, because the media events are cool, but you get a lot of those canned answers, right, And I love talking to the guys that were not playing anymore, the veterans who were in for the game, because they're just there to have fun and they're there to talk sports. And football and see their buddies. So it's lucy goosey and super fun. So tonight you're not going to see any of those people at the media party, have you Like tonight?
Speaker 2: This is your job, a rod.
Speaker 1: Your job is to say, okay, so where are the good parties this week?
Speaker 2: Because used to be back in the day.
Speaker 1: Aea sports had a massive party, like massive, Playboy had a massive party.
Speaker 2: Obviously that's not happening now.
Speaker 1: But like every night, there's a different good party, and you just got to figure out who to ask to get into those parties because that is where the athletes are, that's where they all are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna give it a go.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I'm I'm taking dry January and kind of making a bit of a dry February as well.
Speaker 3: And so I think a lot.
Speaker 4: Of the people that are going to be a little more loosey goosey at those parties probably would encourage to to indulge a little. But many I was I've been telling everyone obviously, you know, I was just here in New Orleans in November.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm I'm business tripping this thing. I barely need.
Speaker 4: I'm not even doing any of the food, seeing that I did November, probably not gonna you know, enjoy a beverage or two.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I'm down to hit the party scene.
Speaker 4: Like I said, we'll see, we'll see what the media party kind of stems into for the rest of the week with who I chat with and what they're up to.
Speaker 3: But I'm all business. I mean, you see in the work I'm putting out on social media.
Speaker 2: I'm working, I know, and you're doing a great job.
Speaker 1: You need to follow kaa social media on Twitter, on Facebook, on TikTok, if you've given your soul to the Chinese government, because A Rod's got all kinds of stuff that he is putting out up there. So a Rod, let me ask you this, like, well, there's no storylines right now out of the super Bowl. There's no like bulletin board materials. There's no you know, anybody's talking out of their you know, out of their behind. Are there any stories in New Orleans that we're not hearing about.
Speaker 4: In terms of what you're not hearing about, Well, I will say this, the only event, like I mentioned that was a Caesar Superdome though that at least that I'm aware of and I'm pretty aware of it is the is the last night was the opening night. But I got to tell you mentioned the RNC and the DNC. I've been chatting with other folks about how that uh, that experience around the Superdome and how long it took me to walk out.
Speaker 3: That reminds me of the security perimeter.
Speaker 4: Not as vast really so reminded me of the security perimeter that we saw in Milwaukee and in Chicago.
Speaker 3: I mean, they they are not messing around.
Speaker 4: It's very, very evident that New Orleans is now tied with Miami for hosting the most of these bad boys with eleven and they clearly are experienced in doing so. So I don't know about in terms of the storylines we're not hearing because that that's that's really notable. And and then like you said, with the with the game, I think you know, on the field, the one thing I know, like Travis Kelsey said, yes to day, someone asked him what would be the question you would ask in the media, and he said, why are you guys leaning in so much to this referee stuff that we're getting the calls and whatnot? So I think, well, it is and it isn't because there's some numbers out there that suggests they maybe don't get as many calls you think, but they kind of get him into bigger moments, which is I think.
Speaker 3: What makes people more talk about that more.
Speaker 4: But honestly, I'll say this, Andy Reid, head coach of the of the Chiefs, last night was talking about how you know, this team really hasn't leaned in to the talk of three P talked it lean into the talk of a dynasty. Even Pat Mahomes has said that that Andy Reid doesn't even say three P unless he's talking about it in reference to a question from a reporter and any rate said that they respect the Eagles. So I think there's a lot of probably stretched enforced storylines when it comes to making the Chiefs the bad guy. And I know in Bronco's country, we've already discussed how I've already gotten a bunch of flak from my appreciation of the greatness that is Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: But but honestly, they're they're leaning in the right way.
Speaker 4: They are not taking any chances of giving the Eagles bolts and bore material and anything.
Speaker 3: They said last night.
Speaker 4: I will say this though, Mandy, in terms of storyline, I know we hear in the last couple minutes storylines for the for the Denver Broncos talk about good bolts and barred material. Because I made it a point to ask Andy Reid to ask Pat Mahomes, to ask uh Star defensive tackle Chris Jones, to ask Isaiah pa Checko running back for the Chiefs, all about the Broncos and all about Pat Mahomes, and you want to talk about the opposite of that stock answer. They all had glowing remarks about bow Knicks and what the what the Broncos were able to do. They all said the Broncos were an incredibly talented team essentially with the bright future. Steve speG No, the DC of the Chiefs, couldn't even really hold back his appreciation, said that how much bow Nicks impressed him, especially from matchup one to matchup two. So if there's anything to glean from the current team that's in this big game, that's you know, could potentially win their third in a row. If that they think the Broncos have what it takes is to maybe be here. I mean Ian rappaport Our NFL Network inside or even said the same thing to me, said he doesn't think they're that far off. I mean, you add some playmakers to this squad, so I think there's a there's a good chance the next couple of years that we're covering this bad boy and our Denver Broncos are in that thing. So talk about Bolts and bor Matlia for the Broncos in a positive way.
Speaker 2: Well, I loved your.
Speaker 1: Little interview with Sama JP Ryd where he said, I'm so sorry we couldn't get a championship for Broncos fans. But now, of course he's playing for the Kansas City Chiefs, so he has a chance to get a ring right now. You know what's interesting, by the way, a Rod, when you're reporting on the super.
Speaker 2: Bowl, you can call it the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: We just can't call it the super Bowl when we're not reporting on the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: When you're reporting it's newsworthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh, you guys wouldn't believe.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to go into it all, but there's you cannot use the word super Bowl in a commercial, you can't use them in a promo. It's it's all copyrighted and the NFL is.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, well let me just check.
Speaker 4: Actually, I just got an email and there is my invoice for saying three p thanks to pat Riley. So I'll make sure to send that to Dave Tepper program Drew.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Just it just expensive, Just put it on the expension. It'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I know you're on your your diet, but I mean, are you gonna have any.
Speaker 1: Kind of indulgences, you know, like a nice platter of steamed oysters have almost no calories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would that would that would suggest that I would ever want steam oysters, and that would be a hard never. There is one, uh, the wife told me, I am, I have the ability to indulge once, and that would be at Molly's Rise and Shine, which is an amazing breakfast restaurant that puts Brennan's to shame. That is a sister restaurant of Turkey and the Wolf, which Dave Tepper put me onto back in my first trip in November.
Speaker 3: So probably tomorrow morning I'm gonna indulge there.
Speaker 4: But other than that, I've had it all here in New Orleans back in November. So that lets me have the ability to uh to not have to indulge this time around, But I feel good. Am I getting up at six in the morning working around. Yes, I am the hotel and I'm not indulgent and I feel a good.
Speaker 1: Well there you go, nerd anyone, I'm just ding. I'm just kidding. I do want to hear, like, like, get some in, tell about any good parties, even if you can't get in. I want to know because I was actually at the nightclub where ray Lewis did not kill those people the night that that all that happened. I left right before that, No, actually the night before, but in that bar a rod I saw, I walked directly into Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky. They were together. I talked to Jerome Bettis. I hung out with Sean Salisbury and Dan Patrick from ESPN. So it's just like a great cool way to run.
Speaker 3: Those are important people. Well back in the day.
Speaker 1: Too, Like you know, Jerome Bettis was still playing, so yeah, anyway, and Michael Jordan and Wayne Redsky will always be anyway.
Speaker 2: Here we go, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its kind in the world. You went out on me because you're in public in New Orleans and you didn't walk the stream. What is our dad joke of the day, please, Zach, dad joke of the day.
Speaker 5: Another growner for you here. How do you make an egg roll?
Speaker 2: How do you make an egg roll?
Speaker 5: I don't know? You push it?
Speaker 3: What? Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That goes right along with how do you make a cleanex dance?
Speaker 2: Zach? You put a little boogie in it? See?
Speaker 3: There you go? All right?
Speaker 2: What is our word of the day please?
Speaker 6: Word of the day much tougher than yesterday's. Zaftig is the word of the day.
Speaker 1: That is, someone who is large and beautiful zaftig like rubenesque.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's pretty perfect.
Speaker 6: Someone described as zaftig has a full rounded figure, or, in other words, is pleasingly plump.
Speaker 1: There you go, yeah, raft dig all right. What is our trivia question?
Speaker 2: It is this?
Speaker 1: How who rather was the first woman selected to run as vice president on a major party ticket in US politics?
Speaker 2: I believe I know it. Un let's go back even further.
Speaker 5: No, is it Madeline Albright?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: It is Geraldine Ferraro, who ran with Walter Monbodle back in nineteen eighty four against Ronald Reagan. It was a herculean effort to beat that man at that It was yesterday. Yeah, and well I actually remember it.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Well not dinosaurs, you know, watch yourself, Manny. Okay, what is our category please.
Speaker 5: Zach, I think I got a better one for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 6: All right, we're looking at twenty first century movie moments.
Speaker 2: Okay, it he remote, so you have to not on switch plane. There's no delay. Yeah, no, there's not.
Speaker 3: Delay. You just said shut drop go ahead.
Speaker 6: A street brawl between rival news teams was to be cut from.
Speaker 3: Roder Yes, what is Anchorman?
Speaker 5: That is correct? There I go all right somehow Wow.
Speaker 6: Javier bardem Is Anton Shagur made tossing to Coin seem malevolent in this.
Speaker 1: Film Nanny, What is No Country for Old Men? That is he was such a great villain in the ending of that movie, the worst ending ever.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Melissa McCarthy's memorable moments in this twenty eleven film include hitting on an air.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't got it out.
Speaker 3: What is spy? Even though that's wrong?
Speaker 2: I have no idea?
Speaker 5: Ooh, no clue.
Speaker 6: A Grant is upset with you guys in the production booth here the answer is Bridesmaid.
Speaker 5: Oh a rock?
Speaker 2: It's is zero donut? Wait?
Speaker 6: All right, so one nothing Mandy to lead here. Another Day of Sun was a song and dance number on a ramp from the one oh five to one ten freeway.
Speaker 2: What is Oh my god? What is la story?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: What is it? It's not it's not La confidential ron.
Speaker 5: Do you want to go?
Speaker 3: No, I want to know.
Speaker 4: I'm holding tight La La lamp Cloa were zero to zero now HEREO.
Speaker 6: What does I drink your milkshake have to do with oil drainage? We learned from Daniel day Lewis in this two thousand and seven film.
Speaker 5: Sorry, that one was punk wag.
Speaker 6: What does I drink your milkshake have to do with oil drainage? We learned from Daniel day Lewis in this two thousand and seven film.
Speaker 2: You can picture it perfectly. I can't remember the name of it.
Speaker 3: I got nothing.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was allow ass movie?
Speaker 3: What was No?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There will be blood, yes, tybreaker?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: This was not great? Okay? This morse visiting Germany.
Speaker 6: Remember there's no there actually are speed limits on about what is the autumn that is correct?
Speaker 5: May another overtime?
Speaker 3: What was that category?
Speaker 2: We who knows categories?
Speaker 1: Mandy can win with anyway, Anthony, we will talk to you tomorrow. Get all the details about the party scene there and bec me in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Eyes on a swivel, my friend, eyes on a swivel. Okay, all right, We will be back tomorrow. We got weather.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, We're going to talk to Mary Rook from the Daily Caller about her scorcher of a column on people freaking out about USA being cut. We'll do all that and more, But right now I got the team from KOA Sports practically breathing down my neck trying to get in the studio, ready to talk about the game coming up this weekend and so much more so.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, keep it right here on KOA