Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back for the weekend. Hit it good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Ride right yeah may Day.
Speaker 1: Hope you guys had a killer weekend. Man, we are back.
Speaker 3: A big week for you guys planned.
Speaker 1: Fresh out of mad Head to Head. Well, we had a Hall of Fame moment go down on the show on Friday. That means we need some fresh fish? Can we go back to back Hall of famers? I hope?
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: I want some more people in this.
Speaker 3: Tournament of champions.
Speaker 1: Maybe you've never ever, ever, ever ever played the game before, but then let's do it looking for fresh fish or people that have been on the beach for thirty days.
Speaker 3: We'll play it around six twenty.
Speaker 1: Dashboard Confessional is Friday night. Buy you Music Center. I've got tickets for you on the fun Fact Flashback the Texas Hammer Game for pit tickets to Breaking Benjamin staying in Daughtry Thursday nights. I got a four pack of tickets at the Texas Renaissance Festival at eight twenty, we'll give away some tickets to go see the Who the Hu and I got about a temper cent chances. We're in today Sunny's guys highs in the mid eighties. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning Rod and good morning home rooms. Did you see this helicopter crash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the biggest story happening right now. So a helicopter crash into a radio tower last night near Houston's East End. You had HFD responding just before eight pm. It was a fiery crash. It was near Ennis Street.
Speaker 5: Houston Police Chief.
Speaker 4: No Idea says a private helicopter had taken off from Ellington Field shortly before the crash. There was no injuries on the ground, but everybody on board the helicopter, including.
Speaker 5: A child, was killed.
Speaker 4: The FAA and other agencies are now investigating that accident. Early voting starts today in Texas for the November fifth election, and record numbers of Texans are registered to vote this time around.
Speaker 5: The Secretary of State.
Speaker 4: Jane Nelson says more than eighteen million, six hundred thousand Texans have registered to cast their ballots. That's a million more than in November of twenty twenty two, so that's a five percent increase. In Harris County, eighty eight polling locations are open for early voting, which continues through November first election day officially November fifth. But get in there and go early vote, avoid the crowds. That's what I Let's talk about Chick fil A because we love the Lord's Chicken sandwich, but the one here at Houston helped a guy with terminal cancer cross.
Speaker 5: Something off his bucket list.
Speaker 4: So he and his wife have been to every state capital except Juneau, Alaska, and he can't make it there himself at this point. So they took the couple's wedding photo from fifty two years ago and they just photoshopped it into different locations all over Juneau, Alaska.
Speaker 5: They turned the whole thing into a scrapbook for him. So boom, Chick fil A solves another problem.
Speaker 1: But it's a kind of a cool Houston story that's kind of gone viral. I've seen this on a couple of different blog pages.
Speaker 5: Very cool.
Speaker 4: Now we have a blog page up for it as well, or we will very soon. A science fiction movie that can do just about anything and claim it's possible.
Speaker 5: Most of us would never know.
Speaker 4: But you know, you work at NASA, You're probably like, oh, that would never happen.
Speaker 5: That would never happen.
Speaker 4: Well, some years back, NASA actually named the three most realistic science fiction movies and the three least realistic. So we have that list for you on links and guests. I'll give you the most realistic. They choose Gadiga. They chose Gadiga from nineteen ninety seven, Ethan Hawks and that one Uma Thurman, Jude Law. It's about parents having their kids genetically engineered to produce the best traits. And NASA's like, yep, that alligance that checks out. It aligns with actual research in genetics, which you know it focuses on which hereditary disease you might have in a family and then.
Speaker 5: Wiping it out.
Speaker 4: They also said, Contact starring Jodie Foster is pretty realistic. I'm into some of the science fiction stuff, so I'm gonna go check out this list very soon. And the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony went down over the weekend as promised. Share of the Osbourn, Peter Frampton, Foreigner Type Call Quest, Mary J. Blige, they were all among the new class. Did you have any favorite moments?
Speaker 5: I haven't watched this yet. Did you even have time to watch this?
Speaker 1: Rock I didn't have any time to watch. I saw some clips here and there. I've got some audio jelly rolls.
Speaker 3: Monitor must have gone out or something like that.
Speaker 1: It was kind of went bad at the end of jelly roll singing, Oh no, what did Bunny thing?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: I haven't heard from Bunny yet, but imag those will be the comments that people will want to hear. But yeah, he goes a little pitchy dog. I have some of that audio if you want to hear it later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let'scheck it out later. Those are just in saidline what.
Speaker 1: You got well.
Speaker 6: The Texans fella the Packers yesterday twenty four to twenty two. Packers kicked a field goal to win it as time expired. The Texans are now five and two in the season. They'll play their next game against the Colts on Sunday at inn RG Stadium. We've got a Monday night football double header Tonight at seven fifteen, Baker Mayfield and the Buccaneers host Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. Then at eight Kyler Murray and the Cardinals are gonna face Justin Herbert and the Chargers. You can watch both of those games on ESPN, ABC and ESPN Plus in the MLB Playoffs. The Dodgers beat the Mets ten to five last night to win the NLCS four games to two. So it's gonna be Dodgers and Yankees playing for the World Series this year. Game one is gonna be on Friday night out in LA And probably the biggest story of the weekend had to be for the first time ever, the New York Liberty being the w NBA champions. Congratulations to my Libs. Thank you guys, Oh biggest Libs fan.
Speaker 1: There is weird that you're covering that last in sports. You just said it was the biggest story. That's local. We're going local to the Yeah, saving the best for last.
Speaker 6: The Liberty beat the Links sixty seven, sixty two and overtime last night five of the finals a little bit, but I still got that. New York's Johnquinn Jones, who's named the finals MVP. You can gonna read all about this all right the Points blog page today. Congrats Libs, you did it.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's going on. Well, thank you. I can't wait to read all about it all right. Here we go, guys. Four our nice music too.
Speaker 5: It is so good.
Speaker 1: Four hours of Pain. It sounds like it might be painful today. Yeah, it might actually be painful today. If you want the first phone call seven one three two two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Come on, come on ninety four to five buzz and we are often running. Hey, guys, welcome back from the weekend. Thanks for coming back to us. Hope you had a great weekend. It's October twenty one, and we are going to be busy, not only today but all this week. I was happy to see that we got some pit passes again for you those. It's always a great prize to get you guys in the pit. Breaking Benjamin staying Daughtry happening this Thursday night. If you would like to be in the pit for that, we can do that. We can arrange that, and that the winner of today's Texas Hammer Game is going to get those fresh out of bad head to head need some fresh fish on this morning, and then a million other things. Ten percent chance of rain sunnies guys today, highs of around eighty five. Oh yeah, milf Monday, So some of those things are going to be going on. I see the phones are going crazy this morning.
Speaker 7: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Let's get right into it. Man, I want to hear from you, Randy. Randy. Wait a minute, Randy Rock, Wait a minute. Hang on a second, Randy.
Speaker 8: It is your name, Randy, it is, but you have to try to pronounce my last name.
Speaker 1: Not even h EPCOO.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 1: The thing that I'm most important, the thing that I'm most excited about, is your first name, Randy, because I get to play this all right, there you go, Randy. How are you gonna get a started this morning? What do you got?
Speaker 2: You have a little shout out, little love to your Monster truck.
Speaker 1: Saturday night. We're in a good show, bro. How great was that routine for freestyle?
Speaker 2: It was he should have won that first place.
Speaker 8: It's just with grave Digger, Grave Digger, He's almost impossible to.
Speaker 1: Be Yeah he uh.
Speaker 3: He turned in one of the best.
Speaker 1: Chris Kohler is our driver and number one super cool. He's a young dude. On Saturday, it was his birthday and he's legacy his dad. His dad's been running Monster trucks forever. But he's not just like one of these NEPO babies that he is is a killer driver. I'm so excited. We don't get to pick our driver. That's something that the Monster Jam people do. And I have his freestyle. I got some highlights from his freestyle on our Instagram this morning. At Rod Ryan's show. He when I say, he blew the cover off the truck. Every single every single piece of Rob Ryan's show, the shell, everything boom was absolutely destroyed. The three sixty was brilliant, and he just kept going and going and going nice. He should have won freestyle, That's what the consensus. Yeah, he should have won freestyle. It was I mean, people were just going bananas.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Uh Randy, thank you for getting the started today. Man. Did you come by the pit party early earlier?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I did. I had a work during the day, so it showed up right on time.
Speaker 1: All right, brother, Yeah, it was it was everything that I saw. It looked like it was an absolute great show. I really enjoyed meeting all of you guys and coming by and shaking hands and doing all the pictures and the signings and everything else. If you got some great pictures or some video, please share it with us. You can hit me Uprod at the buzz dot Com. It seems to be the easiest way to get to us on the flip. We got to take a break. We've got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of.
Speaker 7: Bed Houston hous Alternative and Tell of the rod Ryan Morning Shown, the Buzzy.
Speaker 1: Four or five, The buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, and Welcome Back no Monday. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. Sunny skies today highs them around eighty five.
Speaker 3: All right, what's trending?
Speaker 5: Okay, so after.
Speaker 4: All football, Like if you go to Google trends, what everyone's looking at. It's some football, but it's also Trump slinging McDonald's fries.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's everywhere, It's everywhere.
Speaker 4: It's literally all over the eggs people are looking at it.
Speaker 5: Time did a piece Time.
Speaker 4: Magazine said Donald Trump's long love for McDonald's explain.
Speaker 5: So everyone's getting a piece of that action.
Speaker 1: And just one of us work in the drive shows like this is just freedom fries, and every person.
Speaker 5: Also was dreading for us.
Speaker 4: Really is a monster. Jam picks from over the weekend. So we had a busy day on Saturday. We were at the pit Party meeting, so many awesome listeners, their families were out.
Speaker 5: Some people would want tickets from us.
Speaker 4: So if you want to go look at the recap that there's pictures on Facebook. There's also pictures on links and guests.
Speaker 5: Also. Chili six Picks a blog page that is doing well right now.
Speaker 4: Chili had the six Pick assignment for the weekend and he threw in some Monster dam and some premiere and some appearances that he had no sidewalks this time, just pure action, pure action.
Speaker 5: And then it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be a Dodgers Yankees World Series matchup.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, Alex. I guess it's feeling.
Speaker 1: Good about this. It's not that cool.
Speaker 5: It's not that cool.
Speaker 4: Alex Redman and his wife Reagan are having another baby on the way.
Speaker 5: So there's some baseball news we can all get behind. But that's what's trending. On ninety four to five to the.
Speaker 9: Buzz, Good morning everybody, Tommy the Gun Morris. Just like I told you, nobody moves, nobody gets hurt. I am your fresh out of dead head to head Full of Fame member number twelve for twenty twenty four. It's pretty nice in here. It's my first time join me. At the end of the year, when I was planning to take it all beaches.
Speaker 3: We met Tommy the Gun. He came through the pit party.
Speaker 1: So one of one of his days must have been Monster Jam tickets when he won five in a row. So Hob Hob hob fresh fish. He's been on the beach for thirty days. You want to play the game. Let's open up these phone lines, let's clear them out. Let's get them on seven, one, three, two, four five. If you want to be next up Rod Ryan? Is it dead or alive? Human or in human?
Speaker 4: It's a live.
Speaker 1: This is the Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Dead, don't die, Shine down. I got to wake you up at home Room six twenty six. Ten percent chance of ranging today tonight sunny Skies hies him around eighty five. Boy, people really want to play this game right now? When I said call in, you guys really started.
Speaker 10: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge listeners to your corners and getting that.
Speaker 1: Feeling that everybody's trying to last minute get on the game. Try to win five in a row. Get into the Tournament of Champions. Chris says, I want in hasn't played since last year? Chris, he Chris.
Speaker 3: Why haven't you played all year?
Speaker 2: Oh? Talk to Chili about that in biby Chili.
Speaker 1: Again, Chili got him again. Another he's been Chili another one that just Chili out him Chili dogs? Can I get through?
Speaker 2: All right? Well you're on.
Speaker 1: You gotta win five in a row, Chris, you do or else, Chill He's never ever gonna pick up ever again. Tyler's getting through for the first time though. Hey, Tyler, that verdie? Are you fresh fish?
Speaker 10: Fresh fish? Do it?
Speaker 1: Well? Well? Well that fish, that's good. Welcome aboard fresh fish. All you gotta do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two correct answers. You're gonna We're gonna give you this.
Speaker 5: I have a read ride Jo T shirt for you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: So, Chris, did you ever win when you played last year?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: I played, uh I think at three time Hall of Famer and didn't get past the first round.
Speaker 3: Well, now you're playing. Now, you're playing a fresh fish, so you got no excuses.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tyler, he's played before, but didn't sound like it went well, so I feel like we got a pretty even situation.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 3: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: Whatever you do in your car, Tyler, you think you're really good, you gotta be better than that. Okay, it's quick, let's do it. Let's do it. Do it, Rad do it just waiting? Not flip the tube, flip the tube. Here we go. What's the name of the river that flows through Egypt? In the slowest two names ever said on the game? Tyler got through first the Nile. That's right up, Tyler.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the game.
Speaker 1: We're here. He's here. He's one that said let's do it all right, Here we go, Tyler. Chris, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I would have read it how you wrote it. I know what you're I know what you want.
Speaker 5: What I wanted to do it good?
Speaker 1: I don't know that I could reword it right now. But here we go. What country is mostly responsible for octoberfestl ChRI, Chris, Chris.
Speaker 3: What's your answer?
Speaker 1: Three? Two? Tyler for the wind? What country is mostly responsible for Octoberfest?
Speaker 2: Germany?
Speaker 5: Right? How is that right?
Speaker 3: Mostly?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Suddenly we were going to say we actually.
Speaker 1: Well, Fredericksburg goes way back to the seventeen hundreds.
Speaker 5: Andexas were the first one.
Speaker 1: You know, it has a really good schnitzel up in Cleveland, Rod all right, Chris, Germany october Fest. Just couldn't get there, Chris. Okay, all right, Chris, thanks, thank you for nothing bottom all right, Chris, take care. Hey, Tyler, come all, okay, listen, you guys need to like step.
Speaker 5: It up with the speed. You're killing me. You're killing a man.
Speaker 1: Listen, you only use you only, you only use two questions. You like, Tyler? Right now? That is great? Okay, see see how she flipped on you like that.
Speaker 10: She was great.
Speaker 5: He's great, and you know what he meets phenomenal. He was just a little faster when he responted.
Speaker 1: All right, Tyler, that's fair, that's fair. Okay, you got that one game under your belt. You're gonna come back kick a little ass tomorrow. But I am inviting you back. Do you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Looks like you scored that T shirt and then you can just keep adding to your prizes each and every day. He's gonna do great.
Speaker 12: Twenty years of Mayhem in the morning, Let the run Ryan Show, only ninety.
Speaker 13: Four or five of us.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five Buzz Offspring, You're gonna go far, kid, Alex. We're able to anything. Are we doing anything with Alter Ego today? Same time, same time?
Speaker 3: So nine nine five will probably hit another.
Speaker 1: You'll get another opportunity to get into the Alter Ego festival. Cage's the Elephant, Glass Animals, Luminears Offspring. We had a local winner last week, Incubus Saint Vincent heading the Heart. This is Alter Eagle January eleventh, Kia Forum in Inglewood, California, and iHeart. I mean they take care of you guys. Okay, they get you the airfare, all the transfers, the hotel, everything, everything for that show. And I was so happy that we had a local winner last week. Sun these guys today Hi eighty five.
Speaker 10: We got a new champion, fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion, Doom.
Speaker 13: Supporting everybody there is former fresh rist Tyler. Now you're fresh out of bed head ahead one day champion, blap all you want two questions to answers, Baby, join me on Tuesday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 1: Who was laughing well we might have been laughing a little bit of It's okay, all things considered. Not a bad Monday game. Two questions to answers.
Speaker 5: I mean any day.
Speaker 1: It wasn't all that Monday e. You know you run that risk with a guy that played last year Fresh Fish. Pretty good game. It's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 10: We make you look smart and your buddies, it's the fus to the day.
Speaker 1: Got some new fun facts for you, Everyboddy Hall in here. Hal good to see you this weekend. Brother. I did to see you, you and Mamma Cash looking very sharp at the Houston Children's Charity gala. I had the wrong shoes on. I didn't notice. I noticed. You didn't mention that to me, so that I.
Speaker 3: Didn't talk about it all night to you.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 5: They weren't your dancing.
Speaker 1: It was Andy Dufrayne walking out of Shawshank. He goes, It's not that often you look at a man's shoes. I didn't look at your shoes all night. What was wrong with your shoes?
Speaker 14: Well, I didn't have the retro shoes on like everyone else at the table had.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yours were shiny and polished. Hell was making fun of my shoes? What why they were distressed at the bottom that way? Ah, he thought he was embarrassed to be seen with me. He didn't say it, but he's black tie, but he.
Speaker 3: Was embarrassed to be seen with me.
Speaker 1: Uh. Detroit, Michigan is the only city in the United States that lies directly north of a city in Canada.
Speaker 3: That would be Windsor, Ontario.
Speaker 1: Detroit is more north than a city in Canada. You love that from facts? Well, what are they doing in that territory? Get out?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Next fun fact? In nineteen sixty five, before he went to Vietnam. You guys all know John McCain, right, War hero?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: John McCain was on Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: He was a one day champion.
Speaker 5: Wow, so smart?
Speaker 1: How did it not ever come up?
Speaker 5: I would have led with that.
Speaker 1: I would have to winning even one day on Jeopardy.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Did you know that King Arthur had a sword named ex Caliber? I did? Okay, was the second or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: King Arthur also had a spear. The spear's name was Ron. It's history looking up, dummies, It's the fuck back to the day we make you look smart. What the fuck? Back to the day, Honey, I can't find Ron. Listen, I'm not in charge of your spear. The spirit's name was Ron. Have to check that out. Do it?
Speaker 10: Hell?
Speaker 1: Wait, you give it away?
Speaker 4: A pair of tickets Sea Dashboard Confessional with Boys Like Girls Live This Friday Night by You Music Center, Actober twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's your f on the flashback today. This guy named him Piercy Maxim. Hearm Piercy Maxim had a problem with loud noises. He invented two things, a same guy. Two things. You can tell me one of them. You can tell me one of them. It's Monday seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, daddy, what you got?
Speaker 14: It was a good down Wall Street. Going back to Friday, the Dow was up thirty six points. Kick off this morning at forty three thousand and two seventy five NASDAK coup one hundred and sixteen. We're at eighteen thousand and four eighty nine. Bench Marke ten year treasury trades at a four point one to two percent, and oil stands as seventy dollars seventy one cents a burrow to the most actives, the big studs Intel, Apple and Honeywell. The big duds amex, Merk and Nike. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on leading economic indicators for September.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 1: Futures.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 14: They are on the downside, said, don't do it. Let's turn this baby around. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 14: This is Howland Manage director with Ramy James, porter for the Rod Ryde Show from Ramy James on the Saan Flip and the Gusta, don't forget always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 7: Opimian's expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, Iron Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmison We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational are based on movement. As reported by Young Fine.
Speaker 1: Ninety four fought the buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show, six forty eight a m. Yeah, we don't work at night, of course, it's in the a m. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hi, who's this?
Speaker 4: This is Daniel.
Speaker 1: I want to say hi to everybody at the road Ryan Family.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody wants to say hi to you. Man, Good morning to you.
Speaker 1: This guy, this guy, look at this guy right here, this guy HEREM. Piercy Maxim had a problem with loud noises. He invented two things. I'll just take one of them, or if you want to give me both. Show off a little bit. How about muffler and silence, sir. Yeah, same guy invented the car, the car muffler, guy invented the firearm silencer. Congratulations, you are showing off a little bit. Congrats. Check out the big brain on this guy. What are you giving them?
Speaker 14: Dad?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give you a pair of takets.
Speaker 4: See dashboard confessional at Bio Music Center.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, this is this Friday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Al booming uk Man, thank you so much giving away those tickets today.
Speaker 3: You can't stop.
Speaker 1: You can't ever mention dashboard without mentioning Dina. Today is Dinah's heavenly birthday as well, so you can see. We got a picture up for Dinah on our Instagram this morning at Rod Ryan's show, Her and Barney all Right, Houston's headlines are next. It's the Buzz ninety four, The Buzz, Green Day's brainstew Milk Monday. It sure is.
Speaker 3: I can check that one out so good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's really I did get after that in Homeroom, I've been Chili says I'm lacking.
Speaker 3: On the promotion.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and my involvement.
Speaker 4: Like when you curate it, you couldn't stop talking about it, but now the Chili's curating it, you just like barely mention it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I used to have people send the stuff to me. Then I said, I got.
Speaker 1: A guy for that. Chili. He's doing a great job curating all these Instagram features, So thank you, Chili. Great six picks number one link, He's got the six picks today. Lots of Mobster jam stuff on links and guests for sure. Next hour we're going to play the Texas Hammer Game. We have pit tickets to breaking Benjamin Stained Dawtry Thursday night. So four big winners this week. First one coming by way of the Texas Hammer Game closer to around seven twenty. Right now, we have tests with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unfortunately, the headline story is a fiery helicopter crash that happened last night on Houston's East End. Firefighters responded just before eight pm. There were reports of a crash on Engeleike Street that's near Ennis and again in.
Speaker 5: Houston's East End.
Speaker 4: The police chief there said a private helicopter had taken off from Ellington Field shortly before the crash and it just there's video footage of it crashing into that radio tower.
Speaker 5: Now, there were no injuries on.
Speaker 4: The ground, but everyone on board the helicopter, including a child, was killed. So it's a very very tragic story happening right here in Houston. The FA, the Federal Aviation Administration, and other agencies are investigating this accident. Early voting starts today in Texas for the November fifth election, and record numbers of Texans are registered to vote. This time, around more than eighteen million, six hundred thousand Texans have registered to cast their ballots. That's a million more than in November twenty twenty two, for an increase of five percent. In Harris County eighty eight polling locations are open for early voting, which continues through November first again.
Speaker 5: Election day is November fifth. All right, let's talk.
Speaker 4: About chocolate, because the prices of chocolate have more than doubled since the start of the year, and candy companies are compensating by pushing more fruity and gummy candies for Halloween, which I like. But your kid's Halloween bucket might have more of that stuff this year, like more of the gummies and Chewy's.
Speaker 1: That's the stuff that's available to in stores for purchase. Of course, there's going to be chocolate. But the fun size chocolates are not fun sized anymore, right, they're bite sized seven years ago.
Speaker 5: I mean tiny little baby things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy how small the chocolate size there.
Speaker 4: Well, also, so we just if you put a bowl, you can do this experiment at your.
Speaker 5: Workplace, you can do it anywhere. If you put a bowl of.
Speaker 4: Candy out and it's got a mixture of the chocolate and the gummies and the twizzers and all that stuff, those chocolates are going to go first.
Speaker 5: That's just people prefer.
Speaker 4: Chocolate is the preferred candy of every not just Halloween all the time.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say something different, because no, it's not.
Speaker 4: I know what I like, and what I like is always left and it's like what the people leave at the bottom, like the mummies and the Twister. And I'm like, oh perfect.
Speaker 1: My kid would rather have some sort of a gummy wormed over chocolate every time. Me too, It's crazy to me. Yeah, when you got chocolate that was that was a premium. Yeah, you know, and my kid doesn't look at it like that at all.
Speaker 5: I don't either. I don't either, but I know that's what the majorities go for as.
Speaker 3: Hour and gummies is what my kid wants.
Speaker 5: Remember, you want to make a trade too.
Speaker 4: It's like you can get a lot because people.
Speaker 5: Love their chocolate. Oh wait, let's talk about SNL.
Speaker 4: Saturday Night Live was hosted by Michael Keaton this week and Billie Eilish was a musical guest. But this week's cold open had Alec Baldwin stop by, so he is back on SNL. He has been known for his Trump impersonation, but it's his first appearance since those charges against him in the rush shooting were lot.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 1: Everyone was okay on set.
Speaker 4: Everyone was okay, but there was a lot of There was a lot going on, so Maya, Rudolph Kamala Harris was very funny. Alec Baldwin like kept interrupting Harris.
Speaker 1: Well he played. He played Brett Bear right.
Speaker 4: Right, so known for his Trump and impersonation, but yes for the cold open, played the interviewer Brett Bear from Fox News.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: So, the guy they do have doing Trump, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know his name, James Austin Johnson.
Speaker 1: He's really good. I mean it's he's an odd looking guy, so sometimes it's hard to get past him. But his the inflection and everything that he does, it's the best. I know.
Speaker 3: People say Shane Gillis, and there's.
Speaker 1: Some other people that do it is probably second best.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think the guy on SNL does it better. I really do. I think he really just becomes him.
Speaker 4: My favorite skit was not the political one. It was the TikTok skit, which was like forty tiny sketches packed into one and it was like call her Daddy. It was like just people being random for attention. It was so funny, but it just shows you how talented the SNL characters really are versus like who you follow on to?
Speaker 1: I'll try to watch it too.
Speaker 5: It's very funny.
Speaker 4: Okay, When streaming became the norm in music, a lot of artists fought it. But how did it work out for them? Minard James Keenan, is it Maynard Maynard's Minard?
Speaker 3: Don't listen to that? Don't listen to this guy?
Speaker 4: Maynard James Keenan thinks it was a mistake for Tool to hold out as long as they did. He says, we missed twenty years of reaching two generations of people that understand what we do in this format. One, he says, he listens to CDs and vinyl, but the gateway to get them to CDs and vinyl like He just says he made a mistake of not allowing his music to be like one an MP three version of something because his son, He says, if my sun just finished law school, his peers have no idea who Tool is because they were never exposed to it because it was never on their phone. So he does regret not like allowing the digital version of Tool songs.
Speaker 1: I love that Maynard's admitting that he did something wrong.
Speaker 4: Now, that's that's the headline there, that nine minute song was a wrong decision since headby and we could start to make some ground up.
Speaker 1: I'll take on Alex there does not like tool. In case anybody that's just joining the show, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 6: Well, the Texans fell to the package yesterday twenty four to twenty two. Packers kicked a game winning field goal as time expired.
Speaker 1: Texans fall to five and two on the season.
Speaker 6: They're gonna play the next game against the Colts on Sunday at NRG Stadium. We've got a Monday night football double header tonight at seven to fifteen. Baker Mayfield and the Bucks host Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. Then at eight, Kyler Murray and the Cardinals face Justin Herbert and the Chargers kickoff if for I guess kioffs at seven fifteen, eight, and you can watch both of those games on ESPN ABC and ESPN Plus.
Speaker 1: On the sports blog page.
Speaker 6: Today, you see Arch Manning gave us our first ELI face from him. Now, I didn't weekend Like over the weekend when they were losing, he just kind of had the ELI dirty face where he was like, not Dirpy, I don't know how else do you explain that his mouth is a Friday whin.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's just like, I can't believe what's going on.
Speaker 6: But we got our first Eli face from Arch, so you can check that out sports blog page to day.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is when you want to, when you want to explain the Eli face. It's him going up there on Draft Day holding the Chargers jersey's face there gonna trade meey, I'm never gonna play for you because my dad's gonna help me out.
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna win to the Super Bowls with the other team, so it doesn't matter. And the MLB Playoffs. Dodgers beat the Mets ten to five last night to win the NLCS gate four games to two. So the Dodgers and Yankees are gonna play for the World Series this year. It's gonna be Game one on Friday night out in l A and then probably the biggest sports story of the weekend first time ever, the New York Libs are w NBA champions.
Speaker 1: Liberty beat the Link.
Speaker 6: Sixty seven at sixty two in overtime last night in Game five of the WNBA Finals. New York's John Qwell Jones was named Finals MVP. She was on my fantasy team this year. One back to back WNBA fantasy that nobody cares, but.
Speaker 5: You were involved.
Speaker 6: Shout to the nineteenth Amendments. They got it done, back to back us, just like the Liberty did right there.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in.
Speaker 12: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz, Lincoln Park, breaking the habit. Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off those cup cakyst We got pit tickets coming up Breaking Benjamin Stained Daughtry playing this Thursday night out at the Woodlands. I haven't looked at their schedule, but this has got to be one of the last shows of the season as we are deep into October now, so pit passes, Texas Hammer Game, don't go anywhere. That'll be after the break ten percent chance of rating Sunny Skies today hies them around eighty five. I'm gonna give away some Renaissance Festival tickets. I gotta get out to the Renaissance Festival.
Speaker 5: Yes, it really it is.
Speaker 1: It is a cool thing. I mean, I know the drive is a pain in the ass, but it is. It's it's a great thing to be at. It's so much fun. My kid loves it.
Speaker 5: Just camp out there, dude.
Speaker 1: Best thing at the Renaissance Festival. Humming tomatoes at that guy that like saying all the rude things.
Speaker 5: You like some tomato throwing, love.
Speaker 3: Throwing love, humming tomatoes.
Speaker 1: I thought it's going to be like the Polish food, you know, like tomto the old school guy in the stockade and you're humming, You're whipping tomatoes at him. It's awesome, fat Like five bucks, you get a bucket, you get a bucket of tomatoes, you start whipping them at him. Yeah, he's funny. Well there's joy.
Speaker 4: Jossy's got a different jousy fireworks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like a professional jousting.
Speaker 4: Looks like a guy rolling around with huge pickles in a cart.
Speaker 1: I like that. Yeah, all of that stuff. Uh, five o'clock we start. That's our exit. It's different at five five point thirty six, you know it's I've never like partied out there. Why not. I'm a day guy. I'm a day guy out there too far. I don't have a minion to drive me around.
Speaker 5: Why you get a camping get a minion to get you camp here.
Speaker 1: I still haven't watched that damn documentary yet.
Speaker 4: They say they said it is like it was a bad portrayal, that they don't like it.
Speaker 5: But I watch it. I thought it was entertaining as hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still haven't watched that.
Speaker 5: That's on my list of see King George out there.
Speaker 1: Super busy weekend for sure for us. Uh, it was great seeing you guys out at Monster Jam. We were down there in the pits, the pit party, watching some of these kids grow into men that have been coming through. Another guy comes through with the picture and it's like he's a little kid and he comes walking through and he's got full beard and everything.
Speaker 3: He's a man.
Speaker 1: And Tom, who is our the guy that we deal with with Monster Jam, he was go, Tom, get over here, look at this. This is how long this guy's been coming. I go, this is the same this kid in this picture? Is this man standing in front of you? And he just laughed. He's like, yeah, it's great. People go every single year. We see a lot of the same faces, we see a lot of new faces out there. Really really fun. Sully has a lot of those pictures on his six picks today. That's on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. And then we all kind of splintered off. On Saturday. I could not stay for Monster Jam, the Houston Children's Charity benefit Gala, Gala or gala. Yeah, alex Imus, I'm in a room full of people. You can just smell the money. Yeah, you can smell the money. Tilman Tatitas out there talking.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: They raised over six million dollars in the ballroom that night. They distracted out of people's pockets that night alone, over six million dollars.
Speaker 5: Chim Christmas.
Speaker 1: There was one live auction that Curtis fifty cent Jackson came out on stage. That's so cool, and he would you like fifty cent to come to your house and then we'll get We'll send a little chef roue over there, and then we'll provide all the booze and everything. How about fifty cent coming to your house. I would like that and having a big dinner.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they get up to one hundred thousand dollars right, and then they said, you know what, let's bring someone else out because he'd like to join you at dinner. Andre Johnson comes rolling out with fifty cent Curtis Jackson's amazing, and now somebody's raising their paddle. It goes up to two hundred thousand dollars. Was it Chili to have those guys? It wasn't.
Speaker 3: Chili was not there this year, although I.
Speaker 6: Was sad because you would have been paying Chili Chili.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You don't know this about him, snappy us or when he has to he can do it. But he couldn't make it. But Miss Christina were not there, so I did not bid on that. There was also something that maybe maybe went for one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. I'm guessing at the money. Now, Jeremy Renner would come to your house. What is that the Green Arrow or the Avenger guy? Green Land? Here they come, here, they come. Everybody loves Tom Holland as Superman. He's the Archer okay, the guy with the bow and arrow? Oh god is it? Yeah, he's the Archer. No, he's not Hawk Eye, an asshole Greenhawk. They had him live, so had him live on the screen saying, Hey, what's going on lower Ward? Yeah, I can't wait to come to Houston. Can't wait to come to the high bidder's house and hang out and eat and all that stuff. Yeah, it was amazing that went for That went for more than the Porsche they auctioned off a live. They live auctioned a Porsche. So yes, six points some of the million dollars at this auction thing. It was just unbelievable. Didn't buy anything, No, Hal got one of TAP's paintings. Another Gabrielle at our table got something at the auction, so our table contributed. You know, we were playing along and then Chicago played Chicago. It was great, they said they somebody said, yeah, Chicago wanted one hundred thousand dollars more than we had budgeted. And they said, see that guy right there at the table, he said, I'll pay it. That's crazy. Some the guy. They're like, I don't know what their budget is. Let's say they got two hundred thousand dollars to bring in a band. Yeah, maybe maybe two hundred fifty thousand dollars. He said, Chicago wanted one hundred grand more than we had. I actually let me tilman goes, let me make a call. I got you boo. Yeah, I don't know what Chicago charged.
Speaker 5: I want to make a call like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have friends at the other end of the phone.
Speaker 5: K for this party I'm throwing.
Speaker 1: I call Alex. I'm like, dude, I need five blocks. He's like, hangs up, sorry, going to a bad exception here right now? All right? Call now right.
Speaker 3: I was gonna do a hammer and I couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's too much called out.
Speaker 1: If if you want to get in the queue, call my man Chilly. If you want to play the Texas Hammer Game, you want to call him?
Speaker 5: What it's for?
Speaker 1: Seven one three two two four five? You call me? How to win the best game in Houston? Who wants it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's the price?
Speaker 5: What's pit tickets?
Speaker 4: Pitch tickets to see Breaking Benjamin and Stain with special guests Autry.
Speaker 5: It's this Thursday, all right, now's the time.
Speaker 1: To call because we're gonna play immediately following the break here seven one three, two two nine five.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five Buzz that's not a heavy rotation in my house. The iHeartRadio Halloween Channel, it's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we listened to it all the time.
Speaker 1: Now. I hope you're up doing a great start to your day. Good morning everybody. I'm gonna play a little game coming up if you're down for that. We got sunny Skies on tap. His today of around eighty five What's Trending?
Speaker 4: Jilly Rolls says he's going to take a break from X. He calls the site formerly known as Twitter, the most toxic negative app to exist ever, he basically put.
Speaker 5: He announced that he was leaving on the X.
Speaker 4: He's like, it's just a safe space for people to express vitriol.
Speaker 5: He said he's done with a platform for his mental health. What is bunny xo?
Speaker 6: His thoughts.
Speaker 4: I haven't listened to this week's podcast, but I will let you know.
Speaker 5: I know, I know you do, I know you do.
Speaker 4: You should also know that Tiger King Joe Xantica is suffering from scabies in a Fartworth prison. That's according to his legal team. He's been quarantined after being infected with a very contagious skin disease known as scabies.
Speaker 1: What Morning Show talks about scabies more than this?
Speaker 4: Like literally it's us and us in first place and second place.
Speaker 5: For scabies stocks I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know also Danny Avendola. Right now, I'm going to talk about him. He's on Dancing with the Stars. He's also from Houston. He's from the Woodlands. He gave I'm not kidding, what is one of the most beautiful performances I've ever seen?
Speaker 1: Being serious Now I'm being serious, I'm being serious. He can dance well.
Speaker 5: The style of dance was samba. No, no, no, it wasn't the samba.
Speaker 4: It was like what is oh gosh, I can't remember the sala dance. But it's not like a trachaw or anything like that. It's where basically his strength as a professional football player was on full display. So his partner, Whitney, he was just picking her up, throwing her around.
Speaker 5: Like floating her in the air, doing all that stuff. It's where they're barefoot. Which dancing is that.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe you're asking me this.
Speaker 4: Come on style of dancing Bear fights with the Walmart dance contemporary contemporary.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, thank you for nothing.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm gonna retweet it because.
Speaker 5: It really is beautiful. And e didn't get he was host. They didn't give him tense. He deserved tents. So wait and go that's what's trending that. I mean for a five the US.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is Hdler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game. Wow? What was that?
Speaker 5: Never asked you a dance question?
Speaker 1: Rod, you're a dancer, Let me ask you, Rod, you're an old.
Speaker 4: Come on, it's like common knowledge.
Speaker 1: Rod, you liked the trip, the light fantastic a little bit. Let me ask you back in your pro dancing days.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna put it as a question.
Speaker 1: In Fresh out of bad Good morning, Rod, Ryan study Mundo, Hey, Mundo, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good Man, good morning.
Speaker 1: How y'all doing doing great? I'm trying to think if you had any success ever on this uh Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 8: So I've never played it, And the funny thing is the only two times I've ever gotten it was when played.
Speaker 2: That three Doors door, that three Doors Down song. Yeah. The only time I've ever gotten into history of the game.
Speaker 1: Is that the one that mentioned the X ray.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's the only reason I knew it, because that's always been such a weird lyrics to me.
Speaker 2: And I love three Doors.
Speaker 1: I was positive that we did not play a song on the station that mentioned X ray. Looking at your X rays, Yeah, I was wrong. All right, well, Mundo, here's the deal. We've got a clip. You know that it's gonna be delivered by the great Texas Hammer today and then maybe for the second time you will know one of these great clips.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: You ready, I need the band name and the song title. Okay, all right, here we go, Lada later.
Speaker 15: So paint it black and paint it back. Let's shout it loud and clear.
Speaker 2: Who uha That is bad Blood by Tenner Swift.
Speaker 1: I thought, Hey, I think you are just I mean, I don't want to give any hints to Jason here, Jason, good morning, Good morning, Rod. How are you guys doing great? I'm gonna play you a clip of the Texas Hammer reciting a lyric.
Speaker 15: So paint it black and take it back. Let's shout it loud and claire.
Speaker 1: Now it's a song we play here on the station. There's everybody knows there's a Rolling Stone song called Paint It Black. It's not it can't be yet. Jason, what's the best.
Speaker 5: From when I was a young man and my father sent me into the city.
Speaker 1: Black Parade by MCR You get it, my chemical romance?
Speaker 5: This guy gets it.
Speaker 1: When we were young. Festival was this weekend MCR played. I think they played the whole album. I think they closed out. I think they closed out and they played the whole album. Dude, you're the winner today. Call her number two. What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: Parapect tickets to see Bregagy Bendamin and staying this Thursday. Congratulate I hands, thank you all so much, dude, thank you man.
Speaker 1: Way to go the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: On ninety four five of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety four five the bus. Welcome to the Black Parade, my chemical romance. I'll hope you're up through a great start to your day. Seven thirty two Sunny's guys today, highs up around eighty five. Tiktik tik tik tik tik TikTok. I think we're eleven days away from Halloween. You're right, I am not ready as far as I don't know what I'm wearing. You don't have a fit, don't really have my candy squared away yet. And I just looked online and I just realized, I remember the one year living in my old my last house, there wasn't many trick or treaders. And I'm seeing the joy on the kid's face. I'll never forget the girl. She just went OMG full size. It was the best. I felt like a rock star. Yeah, I felt like like a Texan you went to a Texans player's house or something which you got like jj wat gives away full size?
Speaker 3: Can't right?
Speaker 1: Course, of course, does this house even open for the tricker treats or tricker traders?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Is he not here in Perland Pairland anymore? Did he sell that place?
Speaker 5: Probably didn't sell it.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at what people. You said that the trucolate is not going to be as prevalent out.
Speaker 5: There, right, don't expect a lot of.
Speaker 3: It this year.
Speaker 1: Fifty four percent of people say they're still going to go with mixed many candy bars. If you haven't looked at a couple of years, man, they're no longer fun size. They are byte size one, bite size.
Speaker 5: Like half a two.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a it's a one inch square, not even I bet it's not. I bet you it's three quarters of an inch by three quarters of an inch. I mean, you know, I'm an old ruler, man. If you want to ask me some measurements, I'm cool with that. But keep the dance questions away from me. Fifty four percent of people say that they're still going to go with mixed many candy bars. Get this, I'm not buying it. Twenty two percent to sad of getting regular size, and ten percent plan on treating the kids with the king sized candy bars.
Speaker 5: Okay, millionaires, yeah right, like my king there?
Speaker 1: What do you have five kids coming to your house? I do that too. Last time I gave away full sized candy bars, I I didn't have fifteen kids coming to my house, so.
Speaker 5: That I have worked the door at the Ryan residence. It is insane. Well now it is in the heights, the amount of people.
Speaker 1: So I'm toying with the idea. I just looked up full sized candy bar what they cost. You can still get them for about a buck apiece. I thought the kids were selling them for in school. Yeah. Did you ever do a fundraiser for candy bars?
Speaker 5: Just random knockoff chocolate that you like? This isn't French bar?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my friends like had them and they just made up a thing that they were selling them for and they just pocketed the money. Pretty smart, I guess, But they were a dollar back then, weren't they.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think a candy bar usually was a dollar, like for a.
Speaker 3: Pretty big one.
Speaker 1: No, it's a lot Obama. Okay, Hershey's full sized chocolate candy bars variety pack, it's about a dollar apiece. But her fingers, Yeah, you can still get Okay, here he goes Mars Chocolate. That's gonna be TwixT Milky Way, three Musketeers and Snickers thirty wow for twenty one ninety nine. We don't have a BJ's wholesaler here, do we?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Is that we have Costco and Sam's Club.
Speaker 1: We don't have the old BJS, do WEJS? I hate that BJ's up North.
Speaker 5: I don't like going out BJ.
Speaker 1: I go to BJS. Yeah yeah, it was just the time. Yeah, I don't think we had Sam's Club at the time. How do you give away when you have ten kids? You cannot single a kid out anymore by giving them a full size?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can you got to wait?
Speaker 6: The coolest costume? Your costume suck? This kid has the coolest costume.
Speaker 1: You think you can do that in front of kids? Now?
Speaker 5: I think I will.
Speaker 1: I think if one little guy strolls up by himself, then you give the kid. I'm just thinking of getting a full I even gone full size in a long time. I'm thinking of maybe stashing a few. But you can't just there's constantly ten kids in a line. That's true. You can't just go one full size and then these other kids get a garbage.
Speaker 5: You make them fight.
Speaker 1: Twizzler go, Yeah, that's what I need. That's what I need, a fight in front of my house.
Speaker 5: It's like a little scramble.
Speaker 1: What about like a nice day kids? Are you more excited for Halloween this year? Less excited about the same? That was That was another question that we're being asked here.
Speaker 5: I'm not that excited. Why because it's on like a Thursday, Isn't it on a weird day?
Speaker 4: Days?
Speaker 1: Thursday is not a weird day, Tuesdays a weird day. Tuesday's an awful day.
Speaker 5: I only get really excited on Friday or Saturday.
Speaker 1: Twenty three percent of Americans say that they're looking forward to it more this year, twenty four percent say they're looking forward to it less, and then everyone else fifty three percent say that their excitement is the same.
Speaker 4: So what are we partying the weekend before? That's my confusion.
Speaker 5: That's what that's why I can't get excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, both weekends. I no, no, I'll agree with you. I'm that because if you are, if you are having your Halloween party this weekend, which would be the weekend to habit so early, you are very you are four or five days removed from the actual day.
Speaker 5: There you go, and then you can't have it after it's November.
Speaker 3: You don't want to have it afterwards, saying nobody wants.
Speaker 1: I'm not dressing up on Friday and Saturday, after Thanksgiving, after Halloween on Thursday night.
Speaker 5: It's a Friday and a Saturday.
Speaker 4: It's like, dang, I really would have liked to have a Halloween thing, but that was last weekend and I was already.
Speaker 1: A great all right, scratch that. I'm not getting any full sized candies. Don't come to my house, rod Ryan. It appears to dead are coming back to life and eating the flesh of the livis. This is the Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, The Buzz Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Everyone's sending me all the deals where to get the full sized candy bars?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't like disappointing the kids.
Speaker 1: If you don't have any full sized candy bars, then everyone's just disappointed. Really yeah, then everyone's just getting everyone's getting everything that you know, everyone else is given out.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to.
Speaker 1: Get into that giving them out some special treats for special kids. But Costco apparently has some cheap candy bars full size.
Speaker 6: They felt fake full sized candy bars for they have a feel. They're probably cheaper. So then like they won't know until they got home.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 1: Do people go around in apartment complexes.
Speaker 5: Sometimes and trick or treat sometimes?
Speaker 1: They do You ever get somebody just random knocking on your door trick or treating one time? Did you have anything for them? I got something for them? What a cough drop?
Speaker 4: We had?
Speaker 1: It was like a gushers You had some stuff.
Speaker 5: I just like we had candy in the house. It wasn't like Halloween candy.
Speaker 1: I was just like, here you go, Bud, here's some soup fruit roll where there's a cup of soup. Just pour it out off the top of the other candy. I got a second. I'll get your mac and cheese in the microwave.
Speaker 4: Come in, come in, have some mag jee Do you have three minutes.
Speaker 1: Because I could, I could do. I get you a couple of Mac and chee with if they're without razors. All right, guys, countdown is onto Halloween.
Speaker 12: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Four or five Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Potpa Roach coming up on the halfway part of the show on this Milk Monday, Rock, October twenty one. Sunny's guys today, low chances of rain, highs of around eighty five. Next hour, we got a four packet passes to the Texas Renaissance Festival. This is right royal invitation. Thanks to our friends over at Joe Myers Toyota for those right now we have tested.
Speaker 4: With Houston's headlines, Several people are reported dead after a helicopter crash into a radio tower. This happened last night in Houston. Firefighters responded just before eight pm they received reports of the crash. Authority say the private helicopter had taken off from Ellington Field shortly before it happened. There were no injuries on the ground, but everyone on board the helicopter, including a child, was killed. Early voting starts today in Texas for the November fifth election, and record numbers of Texans are registered to vote this time around. Secretary of State Jen Nelson says more than eighteen million, six hundred thousand Texans have registered to cast their ballots. That's a million more than in November twenty twenty two, for an increase of five percent. In Harris County, eighty eight polling locations are open for early voting, which continues through November first lectionending again is November fifth. Chick fil A employees here in Houston helped a guy with terminal cancer cross something off his bucket list. He and his wife have been to every state capital except Juno, Alaska, and he can't make.
Speaker 5: It there himself at this point.
Speaker 4: So Chick fil A employees took the couple's wedding photo from fifty two years ago and photoshopped it into different locations all over the city. They turned the whole thing into a scrapbook for him. We have a blog page up for this. You can go see a photo. Pretty cool stuff. A science fiction movie can do just about anything and claim it's possible. Most of us would never know, but it's probably hard to get anything too fantastical past the folks at NASA some years back, they actually named the three most realistic science fiction movies and the three least realistic.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: For the most realistic, they chose Gattiga from nineteen ninety seven. This stars Ethan Hawk, Uma Thurman, and Jewe Law. It's about parents having their kids genetically engineered to produce the best traits. Second on their list was Contact, also from nineteen ninety seven and starring Jody Foster as a scientist who finds evidence of alien life.
Speaker 5: You want the full list, you gotta go to the blog page.
Speaker 3: What's the worst?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure. I haven't gone to the blog again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you mean they wouldn't train to go regular people, to put him into oil.
Speaker 6: Workers to do astronaut jobs, and they're just teaching astronauts.
Speaker 1: Real oil eight lightning speed asteroid.
Speaker 6: There's no air in space, so you can't explode the bomb that they were going to use.
Speaker 1: Listen, thank you. My uncle told me.
Speaker 5: That at a very early age, and I was like, yeah, but it's still cool.
Speaker 1: We who sold it better than Ben Affleck though? Nobody Bruce, Nobody Bruce Willis You think he sold it better? I think so it was Bruce.
Speaker 6: He shoved him back in there he sacrificed himself.
Speaker 3: Rods true.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony went down over the weekend. Share Auzie Osborn, Peter free Dan, Foreigner Tribe called Quest, and Mary J.
Speaker 5: Blood were among the new class.
Speaker 4: We have all of the highlights, du Aleipa singing, believe we cher Cole in the Gang, being inducted by Chuck d from Public Enemy, and yeah.
Speaker 5: It goes, it goes on and on.
Speaker 4: Note you said jelly Roll had he gave his take on mo Mom coming Home and a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Didn't like it.
Speaker 3: It wasn't good.
Speaker 5: Do you have some of that or should we save it for I'll played for you after eight Okay, Yeah, do you want to hear it? I would like to, Okay, to see what doesn't sound good? Because he has a really good noiice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just was the wrong expitation, jelly Roll, I mean, red hot, white hot. Right now, you gotta get him involved in something, but you got to sing the right thing. Yeah, this wasn't the right thing for him. Okay, I'll play it for you eight o five th alex Well.
Speaker 6: The Texans fell to the Packers yesterday twenty four to twenty two. Packers take the game winning field goal as time expired to win it.
Speaker 1: Texas now fall to five and two in the season.
Speaker 6: They're going to play the next game against the Cold on Sunday at in ourg Stadium.
Speaker 1: We've got a Monday.
Speaker 6: Night football double header tonight at seven fifteen, Baker Mayfield and the Bucks host Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. Then an eight Kyler Murray and the Cardinals face Justin Herbert and the Chargers. You can watch both of those games on ESPN ABC and ESPN Plus tonight on the sports blog page.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 6: Pretty interesting sports blog, I think so. At least today UT fans showed that bullying works. This weekend, we officially, well, the Texas had an interception against Georgia. They still lost thirty to fifteen to Georgia, but Texas had an interception that was called a pass interference. Texas fans then were like, Hey, that was one of the worls I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 5: We're not going to stand for that.
Speaker 6: And then they just started throwing stuff at the refs on the field. They litered the field with bottles, beers, whatever they could throw.
Speaker 1: They'd do out there.
Speaker 6: I've never seen this done before where the refs were so scared that they were like, hey, yeah, that was actually a really bad call.
Speaker 5: They overturned it. Interception Texas. All right, please don't kill us.
Speaker 1: They pretty much did that. That was really basically what happened. And I think may pull up fear in the refs.
Speaker 4: Guys, they pull up fear in the refs.
Speaker 5: Don't listen to Alex. Maybe not the best way to do it, but they got justice.
Speaker 1: What do you mean they got justice? All right?
Speaker 2: These guys need to make good calls.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're stopped. Go ahead. I can see this on your blog page.
Speaker 5: The repercussions for your actions.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: In baseball, the MLB playoffs, uh, Dodgers beat the Mets ten to five last night to win the NLCS four games.
Speaker 1: So two Dodgers and Yankees are gonna play for the World Series this year.
Speaker 5: Game one will be on Friday night in LA.
Speaker 1: And probably the biggest sports.
Speaker 6: Story of the weekend here the first time ever, the New York Liberty are w NBA champions. The Libs beat the Links sixty seven to sixty two in overtime last night in Game five of the finals. As a die hard New York Liberty fan, you guys know where I am very excited through the roof shut up about New York's John Quell Jones' named Finals MVP.
Speaker 1: Congrats to the Libs. You did it. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock and Alternatives The Morning Show ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nirvana rock and Roll Hall of Fame members, smells like team spirit. Halfway part of the show, Papa nothing over a ten percent chance of rainbow today and tonight sunny skies highs of around eighty five. I mentioned the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because that went down this weekend. It's five hours.
Speaker 3: You asked me if I watched it.
Speaker 4: No, you block out five hours in your schedule.
Speaker 1: Well, now that it's out there and I think, yeah, right, and then it's I think it's on Disney Plus. And now that I know that, I can kind of like pick and choose, and you know, I mean, listen, I love Cool in the Gang like the next guy, but I just don't need to sit through everybody from the Gang talking about how lucky.
Speaker 3: They are to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Cool all right, but the whole gang, everyone, everyone's got to sit up there and get twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: To talk about and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's like you know, Dion Warwick, I'm not sitting through that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm just not.
Speaker 1: But I am going to watch the performance and the induction of Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzie's in there with Black Sabbath. Jack Black inducted Ozzy Osbourne as a solo artist. Ozzie sat on a throne and didn't get up. I don't think they're doing that one last show. I know that, Sharon. They've led us to believe in. I've heard Ozzy in his own words on his little show that he does maybe on XM he wants to do.
Speaker 3: One more show.
Speaker 1: Everybody's still alive. From the original Black Sabbath that album came out in sixty nine or sixty eight, maybe the first Black Sabbath album, they're all still there.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I mean, Ozzy's probably in the worst shape of all of them now, doesn't work without the singer. He's sat. So what a lot of these older artists are doing now, they're letting people perform their music for them. So Dave Matthews goes in. He plays Dave still plays every summer so Dave can play his own tunes at his induction All Star performance. Chad Smith on drums, Billy Idol doing some vocals, Steve's Stevens longtime Billie Idol, guitar player, Minard as you like to call him, Maynard James Keenan, the tool singer, Robert Truio on bass. Who's a better bass player than that nobody? He played with Ozzy Wolfgang van Halen. I said he's the go to guy, you know, Dave Grohl had he not fathered a kid outside of his marriage, you know, Dave Grohl would have been up there, But I said, Wolfgang's the guy. Now. I think Wolfgang and Tom Morella are the guys.
Speaker 3: That are going to be there every year.
Speaker 1: And then of course Zach Wild Yeah, okay. Jelly Roll was also a part of doing the tribute to Ozzy Osbourne, and again these were all of Ozzy solo hits, this being one of the big ones co written by Lemmy. I think Lemmy Killmeister from motor Head wrote the lyrics to this. Okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Play a little jelly roll, all right, I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: I love Jelly Roll like everybody. He's one of the he's one of the biggest artists in the world right now, right, but does this work?
Speaker 2: Times is change, and times is change. You're rock come, but.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it's okay, come in.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 1: He's going by.
Speaker 2: He's seen you could have been a fatter friend to me.
Speaker 1: It's not bad, okay, Mom coming home? You mean yeah, you too?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had me.
Speaker 1: It's better than all of us. Maybe not Alex, but it's better than all of us. It just it falls apart at the end. Would you guys allow me to fast forward a little? Please? It's still not please. Alex cannot stand listening to somebody.
Speaker 4: Singing hitting like a normal Jelly Roll like he usually comes out and it's like, wow, this hasn't done that yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, not bad.
Speaker 3: Jelly's getting into it here.
Speaker 2: I've seen your face.
Speaker 5: Hunt for your time.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Everything working well with the monitors. Every day, one of the wheels is coming loose because.
Speaker 5: Comment I mean, I don't want to say anying because I can't sing well.
Speaker 4: Let Alex Alex as a singer, Alex say nothing as a singer.
Speaker 1: That you're a wonderful singer. He's belting that out and the end of mom I'm coming home. It could have been a monitor issue. I don't know if he had an ear piece.
Speaker 3: In and he couldn't hear.
Speaker 1: He can wail. We know Jelly Roll can sing that. Just all it does is show me that, hey, that is live. And I appreciate anybody doing live over singing on a track or lip syncing or anything. That's better than lip syncing every day of the week for me. So okay, you prove that it was live. But then that's the risk you run when you're going live.
Speaker 5: The hottest dude right now, he's known for his amazing vocals. That's just not it. That's just like not a reflection of who he is at all. It's bad.
Speaker 1: One of the biggest artists on the planet right now, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's real, bad guy, Love you, adore you. Also, we can't sing, so it sounded better than anything we would do.
Speaker 6: Maybe not Alex, but Alex, you should.
Speaker 1: Sing for us. But you were going to.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to sing the star Spangle banner at the Sam game.
Speaker 3: If I go in the rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Will you sing?
Speaker 1: I will absolutely if you get if you get into the Rock Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio, in.
Speaker 5: Cleveland, Texas, Texas Radio Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they let feell sing, but I'll sing for you to get into Texas Base will Okay?
Speaker 1: Well that might be achievable rock and alternative to the rod Ryan Larning Show six to ten am, The Buzz ninety four or five Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show on this mill Monday. We get some Renaissance Texas Renaissance Festival tickets coming up for you thanks to our friends over at Joe Myers Toyota. I don't know another car dealership, truck dealership. I don't know another dealership on the planet that loves the Texas Renaissance Festival more than that pretty Jack. Oh, they love it over there. Study skies today. Hi at eighty five. I want to get out there too, all right, before we do the giveaway, what's trending?
Speaker 4: Well? Okay, so last week we were talking about Liam Payne because he died.
Speaker 5: He's the one direction men that died in Argentina.
Speaker 4: Last week, well, apparently TMZ published photos of him after his death, and Chris Cornell's daughter Tony wrote on Instagram that images the images of Liam Payne caused her to reflect of the time when she was twelve years old and she saw pictures of her father's death. So if you didn't know Chris Cornell, you know, took his own life at twenty seventeen. The images of Liam Payne have since been removed, but Cornell says it breaks her heart that pains son might one day come across the pictures and suffer the same way she did.
Speaker 1: They posted him that morning and then they took him down, and I saw the outrage of people. You can find this stuff on the internet. You know who had to deal with that was Kobe Bryant's wife. Yeah. They a deputy's had texted daughter. Yeah, and they put pictures out on the internet. You're like, you got to be kidding me.
Speaker 5: It's awful.
Speaker 1: The thing that shook me. I saw there, and this stuff's all on the internet and I don't go searching for it. But they showed Kurt Cobain's legs just like him laying on the floor and it was like him from the waist down. Yeah, and you just that was Kurt Cobain laying there.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, after he shot himself. It was weird seeing that stuff posted.
Speaker 1: Man, it just was.
Speaker 4: Someone's final, most intimate, most painful moment, like like, that's not anyone's to share.
Speaker 1: It's weird that TMZ did that. I don't know was Harvey's sleeping when this happened, and somebody else said go ahead and post those They knew they were going to catch hell for that.
Speaker 5: Think that's what I'm saying that.
Speaker 4: I think it's on us as a society to say, hey, take this down. Hey, we don't want to see this, Hey, this doesn't deserve it, because you know what if people go and they click and they click and they click teams, he's like, well, you must you must want us to put it. You must want us to put it up. You're kind of voting with your click.
Speaker 1: But there must have just been an intern in charge at the time and they posted those pictures.
Speaker 4: They're not in charge of They don't an intern doesn't have the publishing rights like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I see some off on our accounts. I don't know who's posting it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hopefully you don't even have any turns, So there you go, right. Also, I thought you might think this is interesting.
Speaker 4: A dude from Lithuania was able to scam Facebook and Google out of one hundred and twenty two million dollars by sending them fake invoices.
Speaker 5: So he just was sending them like, hey, you owe us money.
Speaker 4: He was posing as a Taiwanese company that both of the tech giants had done business with previously. And you know, Facebook thought that the invoices were legitimate, sent the dude ninety nine million dollars. Google sent him twenty three million dollars, and he had them all transfer the funds to bank accounts that were controlled by him, and the scheme was eventually uncovered, leading to his capture.
Speaker 5: But man, I don't know something about run.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 5: It's like almost impressive, it's almost impressive. But yeah, the jig is up.
Speaker 4: And then of course if you go to our blog page, you have the Milk Monday getting all the clicks, Chile six picks getting all the clicks. Look at a girls' blog page. It's all darre on links and co. But that's what's trending on eighty four five buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you're work to do in the morning, give up your dream of God forgets is Renaissance Festival music?
Speaker 5: I do not sure what this.
Speaker 3: I guess I could see somebody hopping around.
Speaker 5: In the woods, frolicking the skull in their hands. Okay, let's do some contemporary dancing.
Speaker 1: Come follow me down down to the lights. Okay, yeah, yeah, I can see this. I can see this being there very weakly.
Speaker 4: What do you giving, no one, I have a four pack of tickets to the Texas Renaissance Festival, so you can say, huzza, it's going down. So the Renfest open October twelfth, and it's going through December first.
Speaker 5: And this is all courtesy of Jeremyers.
Speaker 1: To get up all right, looking for calling number ten seven, one, three, two, two, nine four five Ryan celebrating twenty years on the buzz.
Speaker 2: Twenty years of the most.
Speaker 1: Beautiful man any of us I've ever met. Yeah, yeah, ninety four, five yeah, ninety four or five the bus Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. On this Monday, October twenty one, still Breast Cancer Awareness month. We are raising money for breast cancer research. I haven't been beating you guys up too much. We had the golf tournament yesterday. We started the month off with our boob Rock Car show, both of them being a huge success. I don't want to say you're running out of time, but you're running out of time. Okay, October twenty one, there's thirty one days in the month. Let's go. If you haven't visited the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store, I'm gonna ask my friend Chili to bump that up to the top so you can go and visit the store and get some of our boobs Rock merchandise.
Speaker 3: All I need to go in there for round two to get some more stuff for people.
Speaker 1: Wonderful gifts. You don't have to wait till Christmas either, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what you know.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. I'll be honest with you with you what I need to buy Kuzzies? You know the deal people come on with put a kozie and they're like, oh, Rod must get these for free. I'm gonna put this in my pocket and go home. Hey, down with the kozy. I'd buy those. Everybody walks over, Everybody walks out of my house with coozies. Well, I'm just gonna take this. I'll bring it back. No, you won't you don't bring it back. It's like it's like a tonnel.
Speaker 3: At a pool party that never comes back.
Speaker 1: Yours now, Sonny's guys today. Highs of around eighty five. All right, I think I found some a little better. Alex.
Speaker 3: That Alex pulled out Celtic sounding.
Speaker 5: The same song.
Speaker 1: I hit that chick singing in the other one. What you don't like women?
Speaker 10: Love women?
Speaker 1: I love women. You don't think women's voices should be heard, be heard? The song you pulled for the for the talking about the ticket sucked? This is better? Disagree? Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone. Huzza, huzza, huzza to the collar Stephen, Hi, Steven, Hey, your caller number ten, Tessa, please hook this guy up. Please?
Speaker 5: Oh easy.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a four pack of tickets to the Texas Renaissance Festival.
Speaker 5: It's uppen through December. First. Now, get out there, have some fun, have some mead.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see it was? It was deep down on the food blog page, and Steven, I'm gonna put you on blast if you didn't see it, but it was. It was on the food blog page last week. And this is just some idiot on TikTok who is showing a turkey leg and she's telling everybody, we're all being duped. This is ham. What this is ham?
Speaker 5: You know if you look at the.
Speaker 1: Way that the turkey legs are prepared, Yeah, they kind of have a they take on that pinkish color. And this is somebody on TikTok that it's like a flat earther. She's flat out.
Speaker 3: Telling everybody this is ham.
Speaker 1: This is a this is a ham leg, like this is a a pig leg? Cool or something? Are you are you a turkey leg guy, Stephen?
Speaker 7: I am y.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My friend Jessica used to be on the show. She need them bigger than her head. She'd be walking around with the foil in the corners of her mouth. She'd be walking around. I'm like, what are you doing right now? That was her absolute favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 3: I am to go just to be gnashing on one of those.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, I already had all my fair snacks here, I'll take one to go.
Speaker 1: Steven have a great time at the Texas Renaissance Festival. Courtesy of our friends at Joe Meyers Toyota.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you O very much and then my friend on a Yellie, her dad, he would bring a little bit of tortillas, like he'd bring a zip block of tortillas and his own salsa.
Speaker 1: Because he was like renfest like tortilla.
Speaker 4: She would make his own like turkey lag tacos. Okay, yeah, a little little flavor.
Speaker 1: I had something called the meat lollipop out there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 1: It was just like this, what meat? I don't meat? I trusted him. It's meat and it was just like rolled up circular and then a stick in it. And I was walking around with the most ridiculous hunk of meat on a stick. I loved it. Yeah, I loved it. Now ate that thing about four o'clock. I was still feeling it at nine point thirty. Okay, it's just sat in there. It just sat. And that is what leads me to what I wanted to bring up. Have you ever eaten where it keeps you awake? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I guess not really you can sleep. I like to get full and then go to sleep. I know that's really bad for you.
Speaker 3: That's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: I love it. I'm like when I hear of somebody going out to eat at eight o'clock at night and going. Let's just say, even if it's the weekend, you're going to get a steak. If I eat a steak, h huh past seven.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm up.
Speaker 1: And when I do finally fall asleep, I'm having nightmares. I'm having nightmares. Monsters are chasing me around. I don't know what it is. It's just I cannot eat that heavy that late at night anymore. It'll keep me awake if you want better sleep. These are the foods to avoid. Okay, everything with caffeine in it, obviously okay. Process junk food number one on the list, caffeine number two, coffee, soda, some of the tea's out there, even chocolate, anything high fat or acid content, high fat foods.
Speaker 3: I understand what foods are high in acid?
Speaker 1: Lemon acid, I would think like citrus. I looked up high acid foods. You ready, high acid foods and drink, grains, sugar, certain dairy products, fish, processed foods, fresh meats, sodas, high protein foods and supplements. So everything acid. There's acid and milk.
Speaker 5: Milk acids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, greasy heavy meals, I mean grease at night. I get it like when you're hungover. It that's a young man's game. That's a young man's game. Sitting there eating a burger and you're out partying all night. You eat a burger at two in the morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's driving through.
Speaker 5: Water Burger late night after the CLERB.
Speaker 1: But I have absolutely and it wasn't hard. I have absolutely tired from that guy. It's weird to me. If I am out late and somebody wants to go through a drive throw, I'm like, Peter Pan, you still do that. It does seem like dude retired on that.
Speaker 4: Every weekend Travis Will suggests, He's like, ah, we should get Popeyes.
Speaker 5: I'm like, dude, we're not getting pop Like. We're not gonna do that on.
Speaker 2: My pop Eye.
Speaker 5: He can do it on his own time all he wants. He likes suggest it, like we're gonna go. I'm like, we're never going to Popeyes. I also, do you like it?
Speaker 1: If you want better sleep, cut down on your portion size. If you're too full, you're not gonna sleep well. And I know you're all waiting for this. Don't bury the headline. Alcohol as a night cap is no good. They flat out to you that does not help you sleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I can fall sleep faster with it.
Speaker 1: On the flip side, best foods to eat for better night's sleep bananas, almans, cherries, oatmeal, turkey, Trip to Fan, Right, everybody talks about Trip to Fan. Everybody seems to know that a little bit of fun knowledge.
Speaker 5: But all that other cheff seems like a breakfast.
Speaker 1: Food Kiwi Greek yogurt. And never once had this in my life, but we've all seen it in the movies and maybe cartoons. Warm milk, what God loves the stuff. Okay, so it does come from being like a little baby when you gotta like kind of warm up the milk. But then I know maybe it was like on the Brady Bunch or something like warm ellis the kids couldn't sleep. Let me get you some warm milk.
Speaker 2: What are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 5: It's gross, it's not happy. She's like, could have trouble you for a glass of one milk. He's like, you could trouble me for a glass. Shut the whole up.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show, the Buzz, fun Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Before Papa Roach, we were talking about foods and eating late and I get it. I know how old I sound. When she's like Rode, you sound like Grandma talking about not being able to eat late Josh, who one of our great Josh has brought. I started not eating after six point thirty in February, down twenty five pounds.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 4: It's that late night eating man's snacking. Oh the wings I had at like nine o'clock last night.
Speaker 1: Right, it's that It is that six thirty. I can't even imagine eating after six thirty during the week, I get it.
Speaker 5: I'm old rock and Alternative fair USTI The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz or five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show on a mill for Monday, October twenty one, Sunny Skies Today, I have eighty five Next Hour Alternative Income a chance to win one thousand dollars. Alex says that we're gonna give.
Speaker 3: You another chance to get into.
Speaker 1: Our iHeart Alter Ego Festival January eleventh there in California. That's the one that's got Cage Offspring, Lumineers, Incubis. You just heard not to Austin. Yeah, yeah, and then you know what radio silence. I know that guy's listened, and I said, man, I'm going to actually hit up wizards. He can get us some tickets. I must not have heard that one. There's nothing he does in here. I say Cube, he comes running if I say I need tickets, crickets. Yeah, interesting, Ruby's Cube. I need tickets. I know you heard that. I know you heard Scuba. I need tickets.
Speaker 3: I know you've heard that.
Speaker 1: That's how he gets all right, let's go.
Speaker 3: What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Oh, the big story is that several people were reported dead and there was a helicopter crash last night.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you saw any of the footage from this, but it was a.
Speaker 4: Really fiery crash. A helicopter ran into a radio tower just before eight pm. There were reports of this crash Ennis Street. The police chief no Idea, says a private helicopters are taken off from.
Speaker 5: Ellington Field shortly before the collision.
Speaker 4: There were no injuries on the ground, but everybody on board the helicopter unfortunately was killed. The Federal Aviation Administration and other agencies are now investigating this accident. Early voting starts today in Texas for the November fifth election, and record numbers of Texans are registered to vote this time, around more than eighteen million, six hundred thousand Texans have registered to cast their ballots. That's a million more than November twenty twenty two. That's a five percent increase. In Harris County, eighty eight polling locations are open for early voting, which continues through November first.
Speaker 5: Again. Election day is November fifth.
Speaker 4: Chocolate prices have more than doubled since the start of the year, and candy companies are compensating by pushing more fruity and gummy candies for Halloween.
Speaker 5: So your kid's Halloween.
Speaker 4: Bucket might have more of that stuff this year, it'll maybe have a little less chocolate. Candy companies are also shrinking bags and raising prices, but there's talk of them using less chocolate in some product, so maybe like swapping out a layer of chocolate for other fillings like wafers or nuts.
Speaker 5: That could be a thing.
Speaker 4: They might fill their variety packs with candies that don't require as much chocolate. So yeah, cocoa prices. Cocoa prices have doubled since the start of the year because there have been severe droughts in West Africa, and West Africa is where the world gets seventy percent of their kakoa supply I.
Speaker 3: Ordered some full size.
Speaker 1: Doesn't Africa always have a job. Yeah, this gets pretty droughty, Sahara.
Speaker 5: Well, we were talking about weather as well, in addition to desert.
Speaker 1: I was talking about possibly getting some full sized candies and uh, friend on, friend off, certainly, friend off? Now, Eli, you want his email? Don't be a dick order the full size? Wow? Are you kidding me? Right now?
Speaker 5: Advice guy, guy over here, I.
Speaker 3: Have thirty full sized candy bars.
Speaker 1: Be careful when ordering the first the first one that I put in my cart at Amazon. He says, it was arriving November fifth.
Speaker 6: Why do that listening the word day and you had the clip that you want today, or listen it to you in six months.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, here, I am. You're doing the headlines. I'm ordering some candy here, I'm kind of multitasking. Check those dates that that candy's going to be there on time. Yeah, so I almost pulled the trigger on that. That's dangerous. Thirty full sized candy bars arriving in November?
Speaker 3: Not good?
Speaker 2: All right? What else?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: SNL was hosted by Michael Keaton this week.
Speaker 4: Joining him was Billie Eilish as a musical guest. This week's cold open had Alec Baldwin stop by to play Fox News is Brett Bharer interviewing Maya Rudolph Kamala Harris. So he kept interrupting Harris, who uses her time to get viral moments that play well on TikTok, like letting everyone know that in the clerk we all mam okay TikTok.
Speaker 5: There was also speaking of was a sketch.
Speaker 4: There were forty tiny little sketches that all packed into one TikTok video, like how we scroll so Bow and Yang was that TikToker that keeps ambushing celebrities to sing for them. There was a live streamer who set off a bunch of fireworks.
Speaker 5: In his basement.
Speaker 4: And then on Weekend Update, Colin Jos and Michael jay Uh were also just you know, going doing doing a little back and forth there.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this, and I don't know Alex has been watching, and I know he watches. I think Maya Rudolph's Kamala Harris is just as good as when they were doing Who did Sarah Palin? The head writer Tina Tina Fey looked so much like her, but and her voice was great. I think Maya Rudolph is just as good.
Speaker 5: The voice is funny, it is insane.
Speaker 1: This is funny that I think is the best at it.
Speaker 6: And Maya Rudolph, He's like, Okay, they're just they're not even close to anybody else's kamala.
Speaker 5: The TikTok Kamala is hilarious. And then she gets with the.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump TikTok. Guy, they're so funny. They're so funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's talk about Maynard. Oh yeah, so'minar. James Keen in up Tool thinks it was a.
Speaker 4: Mistake for Tool to hold out as long as they did on Yeah, on like digital platforms. He said he ignored digital platform for twenty years, and that was twenty years of reaching two generations of people to understand their music.
Speaker 5: He says, I don't like listening to the MP three version. I like listening to CDs.
Speaker 4: And vinyl, but that's the gateway to get them into vinyl NCDs is the MP three. So he's like, I feel like we made a mistake not being on those mediums for twenty years. He's like, my son just finished law school. His peers have no idea who we are they were exposed. They weren't exposed to it because it's not on their phone.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston sad lights.
Speaker 1: Why what you got over there? Well, Texans fellow the Packers. Yesterday twenty four to twenty two.
Speaker 6: Packers kicked a field goal to win it, his time to win it as time expired. Texans just now fall to five and two in the season. They're gonna play their next game against the Colts on Sunday at NRG Stadium. We have a Monday night football double header tonight at seven fifteen, Baker Mayfield and the Bucks are gonna host Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. Then at eight Kyler Murray and the Cardinals face Justin Herbert and the Chargers. You can watch both of those games on ESPN ABC and ESPN Plus on the sports blog page.
Speaker 5: Today, Brown's players were not very happy.
Speaker 6: That fans were cheering for Deshaun Watson's injury after he went down. That was nice, but then like some stuff that Deshaun Watson's done kind of was brought back up and people were like, well, maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was interesting back and forth kind of going on there.
Speaker 6: And it's also really funny because anytime that anybody showed his injury, terrible thing that happened. But like the first comment is always something about a massage, so he's gonna always have to live with that. But you can go see all of the maybe the best comments and reactions on the sports blog page today. And then a Florida State fan ate poop. He said if they lost to Duke, he was gonna eat dog poop and he ate dog poop. Also a sports blog page today that just made me barfie. In the MLB Playoffs, the Dodgers beat the Mets ten to five last night to win the NLCS four games too, so it would be Dodgers and Yankees playing.
Speaker 1: For the World Series this year.
Speaker 5: Game one will be on Friday night out in LA And.
Speaker 1: The biggest sports story of the.
Speaker 6: Weekend had to be the New York Liberty for the first time ever winning a WNBA championship. The Libs beat the Lynx sixty seven to sixty two and overtime last night.
Speaker 1: In Game five the Finals.
Speaker 6: Don't you talk about my Liberties like that? New York's John cul Jones was named the Finals MVP. Congrats to the Libs on a well earned title.
Speaker 1: That's for the Rafts Rock and Alternative Fair, Houston.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Marning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, this MILF Monday. Thank you so much for having us on. This is our fourth and final hour together. But we're gonna be busy. Okay. A chance at some alternative income National Contest Chance to one one thousand dollars nine five ish National contest had a winner last week. I believe they won when Teresa was doing it at five thirty pm. We're going close to nine point thirty getting you into the Alter Ego Show January eleventh, Kia Forum, So that's coming up, after the break cage, the Elephant Glass Animals, Luminear's Offspring, Incubus, Saint Vincent, Head in the Heart, dude that sings for the band Monuskin.
Speaker 3: They're all on that bill dud.
Speaker 1: Dude that's coming up, and then we'll leave you with tickets to go see the who Hu. They're going to be playing over at the House of Blues. So we've got a lot for you to jam into this nine o'clock hour. The Looking at Girls blog page is well littered with a lot of birthdays today, lots of birthdays today? Doja Cat having a birthday? Amber Rose, Kim Kardashian, who's older amber Rose or Kim Kardashian?
Speaker 5: Oh amber Rose?
Speaker 1: Amber Rose is forty one, Kim Kardashian is forty four today?
Speaker 3: Both Kanye exis?
Speaker 1: How old is Judge Judy today? I don't think I put her on the looking at a girl's blog page?
Speaker 9: Not.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's like seventy.
Speaker 1: They're pretty rocking body. Eighty two dude? Didn't you dress up as her? Yeah? You should know eighty two fan because you dressed up as her.
Speaker 5: So I had to know how old I was. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: Carrie Fisher having a birthday today, a heavenly birthday, a heavenly birthday today, and then our friend Dinah having a heavenly birthday today. And you know, obviously I have a million pictures of our friend Dinah. I don't think she was ever happier than when she was with her dog Barney. And that picture of her and her dog Barney, I have that for you on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show, and a lot of people are saying hi and hello and yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: The people are emailing like, man, thanks for remembering.
Speaker 1: Dina today, and you know what. I of course at the twentieth anniversary party too. You know, it was such an awesome celebration, but I felt like at some point we needed to say something, you know, just like, hey, we want to recognize Dina. We had a drink for Dinah at the at the anniversary show too, because she was a big part of the show for so many years. But we saw a picture, so happy heavenly birthday to our friend dynam.
Speaker 3: It was maybe last week that.
Speaker 1: Missy, Missy always who works here, she was friends with Dinah. She got a text from John Powers, yes, Dinah's brother, and he sent a picture of Barney and he still has Barney. People ask me about Barney all the time, like, hey, did you ever you ever get any Barney updates? I'm like, uh no, John in the years right, John was just as weird as Dinah, Like like he was just an odd guy. I enjoyed talking to him. He sounded just like Dinah. It was weird talking to him because Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: He sounded like that name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, same voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like Dinah and Drag.
Speaker 1: Yes, the way that they talked. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, So so that's there's your update. Barney's doing great. Did she say where John is? I do not recall.
Speaker 3: I don't either time.
Speaker 1: Did you go back to the Carolinas Chicago? He kind of moves all around, He's everywhere. You cannot pin down those powers. Yeah, you can't. You can't put them in a box, that's for sure. All right.
Speaker 3: Well, we miss our friend Dinah and I think about her all the time.
Speaker 1: And it was nice to see on the Instagram at rod Ryan's show and then just see the flood of love on there. All right, chance it's some alternative income, guys. Listen up ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, nine to twenty one. Okay, Alex is going to hit that alter ego thing close to nine twenty five. A chance to get into the big show going down in California. It's a big national contest. But we had a winner last week, so we Teresa had the winner. I want to get one of you guys into this show that listens to us in the morning, so keep it right here. Well, let's let Alex do his thing online.
Speaker 6: Kid's Alix line ninety four five the muzz what you got today. We're many cooking today, and yeah, many cooking is just regular cooking, but with tiny little versions of the food hice.
Speaker 1: So that's the mini.
Speaker 6: Cooking, tiny little tongs. This is good, tiny little hot dogs like tiny little girls. It's good for the evening because I have to eat a lot before I go to bed. But you could, you could actually probably like you probably kill about six of these little baby steaks that they're starting with a tiny little cutting board, this tie, a little.
Speaker 1: Knife they're cutting the steaks up on. It's really funny. Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 6: Hard to keep those medium rings that Tyler little butchers. Is that cleaver that Tyler Clear is cle Who is this a cleveling?
Speaker 14: Friend?
Speaker 2: Ants it is?
Speaker 5: Go check it out Mini cooking. I throw to my ride right and show page the Vice dot Com that was like, oh that's a cleaver. Yeah yeah, just ask me about knives, all right, Come.
Speaker 1: On, guys, really try to win this thing. Here.
Speaker 10: Take a listen some which is Heaving Halloween from The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 12: Now there's chance that a trip to our iHeart Radio alter ego text the Nationwide gard Rock to the number two hundred two hundred. You'll get a confirmation text and info standard data and message.
Speaker 1: Rate supply in this nationwide contest.
Speaker 5: That's rock says two hundred two hundred.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz that's green Day dilemma. Before that, Alex giving you a chance to get out to the Alter Ego Festival. Technically the key of forum is in Inglewood, California. I imagine we'd probably put you up somewhere near there. LA's right there. Alter Ego going down January eleventh. Great lineup, man Cage, the Elephant, Glass Animals, Lumineer's Offspring, Incubus, Saint Vincent Head in the Heart, and Damiano David, the frontman of the rock band Mona Skin. Your next chance to get into that will be at around five thirty. She's a little bit better on keeping time than us, Teresa. We'll give you a chance at five thirty today to get you into the Alter Ego Festival. Ten percent chance of rain Sonny lies of around eighty five. Wizard set me an email well from one of our listeners. I don't think I want to broadcast this, but I'm about to. There must be some click is there a gen We've talked about this before. There's a generic spot at the buzz dot com to just send, just wildly send an email out to somebody or is.
Speaker 6: This yeah, because it's like sometimes they'll say like do you want to reply? And I'll say yes or no, Yeah, but what I don't know how to find. I've never had to search to like send an email to Wizard because I just know like his email out. Yeah, I know his email address too, and I do understand the logic behind like hey, I need to test someone on the station something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's just like some thing that goes to the program director, which is Radio Wizard this one. Hello, rod Ryan. My name is Lisa Connolly. I'm a Certified Medical Assistant CMA with the American Association of Medical Assistant AAMA. She's also with the Texas Society of Medical Assistants TSMA. Okay, there's a lot going on here. That's a crazy business. That's a crazy long business.
Speaker 3: Card.
Speaker 1: Third full week of October is Medical Assistant Recognition Week, Wednesday being Medical Assistant Day. Medical assistants are healthcare workers who work in doctors' offices, urgent care hospitals. Our model this year is bridging the gap between patients and quality care. I would like to ask you if you can give a shout out to all the medical assistants out there and say Happy Medical assistant Week. I will do that. Happy Medical assistant Week. Everybody.
Speaker 5: Oh, Happy medical assistant Week.
Speaker 1: She's been a listener for about twelve years now since her daughter turned me onto your radio station. I hope you'll mention us medical assistants this week.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Lisa Connolly, CMA AAMA. Proud to be a medical assistant. That is great. That is great. London just had a little bit of a stay in a hospital last week and everybody was so great with her. But it was just but they were so unbelievably great with her. And those are you know, you get the you get the surgeon or you get the you know, the person that's doing the big you know, the big doctor coming in and you know they got the posse and everything, but there's all those people that are keeping it going and the whole time, you know, and they got to draw blood from kids and stuff, and they were all just wonderful with London. So anybody that I'm telling you you are angels on this planet. You know, we talk about teachers all the time. Those of you that are in the medical field. Man, I don't know how you do it. I'm glad that you do it. And it really takes a special person to do that kind of work. So I'm glad that you told us about that and all the organizations that you belong to. Lisa Connolly, thank you to everyone that does that type of work.
Speaker 2: Not for me.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine. No, say not to get into it, but you know, they got to put a port in London's arm and that's where they're going to draw blood from or if she needs fluids or whatever. And getting that port and a kid and it's just that being a part of your day, like you're you're pinning down a six year old.
Speaker 5: You know you're good at what they do.
Speaker 1: I'm freaking out. Yeah, same, I'm crying adult, I'm sorry, I'm doing It's the w Yeah, it's the absolute worst thing in the world. And just to do that day in and day out, but you know you're doing You're helping people, so.
Speaker 5: They're built different.
Speaker 1: And I think it's the it's the discharge when the people are leaving, it's like, hey, wasn't that worth it. You're better. Yeah, so that must be what you go What has to run through your head when you're doing the awful parts of it to say this is for the betterment and this child's going to be better. I'm talking very specific now, but even in anything you're you're helping people. There's people that listen to this show that save lives. That's insane to me. That's insane to me. There's people that in the morning on the way to work, they might save a life today, but what.
Speaker 5: It's another day.
Speaker 1: You're not being paid enough. You're not being paid enough if you're saving a life today. Crazy work. That's awesome that you guys do that. Thank you, Thank you so much. What was the TikTok thing I was mad about? Not sure today?
Speaker 3: I mean, what on TikTok am I.
Speaker 1: Not mad about.
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: I forgot what it was.
Speaker 3: It was just something very specific.
Speaker 1: I said that. Oh the girl on TikTok that was saying the turkey legs were ham.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 11: She's absolutely convinced that a turkey leg because of the texture of the meat, the way that it's smoked, and the color that it turns.
Speaker 1: She said, this is ham. You guys were being duped. Okay, this is TikTok. Now people are losing their minds over a table pancake, a table pink. It's called a table pancake, a table cake, eggs, bacon, hash brown. Everybody get what you want to eat, right, but you know what we're gonna get. We're gonna get a table pancake. Everybody can just a communal pancake.
Speaker 5: Well like a stack that everyone gets, which is it huge?
Speaker 1: You order the breakfast whatever you want, and you also order a pancake for the table, so everyone can get a BikeE in the middle and everyone has equal access to the quote unquote table pant I don't hate that this is a brunch hack that took TikTok is now all in Uh, they're excited about it.
Speaker 4: I am too, because I don't want to the full commitment of a pancake.
Speaker 5: That's too much. What if I get a bite, some syrups, some butter, and then.
Speaker 1: Some kid thinks that they invented the option to wait until you order the pancake after your food arrives, and then they're calling it breakfast dessert. I'm so glad that these TikTokers are around to invent all these amazing things for us.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine.
Speaker 1: He holding it down?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Thank your show, celebrating twenty years ninety four or five, The bus Heay ninety four five, The Buzz, Good morning, brod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on Sublime and what I got. We haven't gone through Chilli six picks yet?
Speaker 4: Have we know?
Speaker 1: We haven't? Why haven't we fun?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: He's the guy today?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's this weekend here already?
Speaker 1: Shull here, yes, Joyce you here?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 1: Somebody sounds tired? Big stretch, big stretch?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 1: How you doing good?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How how did your Saturday go after the pit party? Because I was tired? Oh man, my feet were killing me. I was tired after the pit party. I had to go and dance all night at a gala.
Speaker 2: You're better than me?
Speaker 1: What was your Saturday night like? After the Monster Jam pit party?
Speaker 8: I went home, Uh, drink two tall boys of beer, putting my feet up, and watch the University of Texas get slaughtered.
Speaker 1: I that I love Chili's life. I really do. I love his life.
Speaker 5: I love lamps.
Speaker 1: I don't even just love that for him I love Chili's life so much. I want Chili's life. I want to be Chilli.
Speaker 2: I love my life too. Yeah, yeah, I try to live stress for.
Speaker 1: It sounds stress free, it sounds relaxing.
Speaker 3: There's naps, there's put your feet up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's service, big stretches, little bell beer appears, all.
Speaker 5: Boys, tall boys involved like people freak out se.
Speaker 1: Him, and then another tall boy just appears, which it doesn't just magically appear.
Speaker 3: Miss Christina brings him.
Speaker 2: I got a refrigerator in the room.
Speaker 1: You got a refrigerator right there, like a little like a.
Speaker 2: Nah wish many Fridgi. She wouldn't let me put one in there, she said, that's too lazy.
Speaker 1: Dude. You were very busy though. You did a couple of appearances late last week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I, uh Friday, right after work, I went over to uh Roast Sharing Texas.
Speaker 2: There was a grant nope of a shell station.
Speaker 8: So they had like the Penn Soil replica race car for NASCAR, so that was there.
Speaker 2: They had some free food from Tacos. You can see the picture there.
Speaker 1: That was something that I had noticed your first picture because it talks about like, hey, I had a lot of fun. I got to meet a lot of fabulous buzz listeners. And then there's a picture of tacos. Yeah, not a fabulous fun buzz listener, but here's a picture of my tacos. Are good.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna bury the lead.
Speaker 1: I imagine that you're hard to please with those with the tacos.
Speaker 8: And you approved of those, Oh man, you know, just yeah, I'm not gonna say anything else.
Speaker 2: Then, Man, that was so good.
Speaker 1: They didn't last all right, So there you are. Oh there are some listeners. You did meet listeners?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't meet lista nerds that showed up. They were showing some love. So we were showing them love back and everything.
Speaker 1: And then the Monster Jam pictures.
Speaker 3: There they are.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of them. We got to meet so many people out there at Monster Jam. Uh yeah, there you are, Chilli.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, the whole the whole cruise that right there with the fans, I mean, with the listeners, we're just taking pictures and everything.
Speaker 1: I saw the same thing. I was backstage with my friends, the Google Dolls. Okay, on backstage, people are getting to meet the Google Dolls, and you know, Robbie and Johnny Robbie being the bass player and Johnny being the very handsome lead singer. Right, I've seen people move Robbie out of the way to get to Johnny. Okay, so so that I've seen that in person, right, so I can I feel Robbie because I feel like people walk right past me to get to Chili. Like, but we need to front load you right there in front, Chili. That's who people want to meet you, Chili Brown.
Speaker 2: It's a blessing.
Speaker 1: It's a blessing.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie, it's a blessing.
Speaker 1: They're pushing me out of the way to get to Chile at these monster jams. We we got to come up with a better lineup for.
Speaker 8: Us now because they because they go, hey, you right, Ryan, And I was like, no, I'm chilling of him, move on the way.
Speaker 5: What's wrong?
Speaker 1: Not true? Not true?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So you got a bunch of pictures. We got to beat so many people I did.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's two that I remember specifically. There was Leonidas the fourth Yes, and we found out the kid's name was Lee because he said he got Leonidas. Turn around, I'm like, is your kids? Is your kids named Leonidas? He goes, yeah, the fourth. I'm the third, so there's two other crazy Leonidas is out there, and.
Speaker 2: I told him I was diabetes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you said you were diabeties the first. Yeah, that was a good one. That was a real good one.
Speaker 1: Okay. And then does anybody remember this guy? It's Armando, And I know you don't know him by name. Oh yes, do you? Okay?
Speaker 8: Do you remember he gave you the little miniature toy Monster Jam right Ryan show truck that he drew right there was he made it himself.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think that was Armando. Oh okay, I don't think that was Armando. Thank you so much for the Monster Jam tickets. I won them by knowing the fun fact of the day. The answer was Seinfeld.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 5: We're talking about different different.
Speaker 1: That bass intro for Seinfeld is different every single show if you don't listen to the fun facts. It was a quick visit because I hate holding up the line. Not sure if you remember, but I was the family with the boys with the long braided hair, and I threw my youngest on Tessa to hold for a picture because dad even had had a top knot. These boys had the most beautiful hair. I have ever seen boy girl anything. Sorry to be so binary right now. These kids had the most beautiful braided hair I had ever seen, thick, huge manes.
Speaker 5: You're on Hairwatch. You're on hair Watch.
Speaker 1: All the boys and dad head and kill her hair. You guys. Remember, I couldn't believe the hair on those kids.
Speaker 8: There was so many kids. I was trying to borrow their hair. Oh my gosh, they were scared by the time they left their Take that.
Speaker 1: Truck, Armando, beautiful, Armando Resa on that picture. It didn't come through. I want to see I want to see those long looks.
Speaker 3: Wait, maybe this one works.
Speaker 1: I couldn't. I couldn't seem to get the picture open. So all right, well, Chili six picks are up. That's one of the things that's getting a lot of clicks on links and guests. Thank you, Chili, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Well done.
Speaker 1: I think what we all did six picks last week and then we bumped Chili down to be the feature.
Speaker 2: So I've done it two weeks in a row.
Speaker 1: So I we all did it last week.
Speaker 2: Come next, Just letting y'all know, two weeks in a row.
Speaker 1: Row test us up next? All right, very good, what are you giving away.
Speaker 4: I know the show, so I have left the pair of tickets to see the who Hu. They're playing House of Blues November fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Okay, what we're gonna do here is take a short break and come back with a question.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The bus for five the bus here we go nine fifty one l L all right, time for know this show, The who Hu come back to Houston. They're playing the House of Blues November fifteenth. Tickets are on sale now at ticket master dot com. We win some free ones from us. Oh cool, let's get some who to go out with today too. What's your question going to be? Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, there you are.
Speaker 5: That's okay, Okay? What might people see less of this Halloween? We talked about it twice? We talked about it twice.
Speaker 1: Okay seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, we are worldwide everywhere you listen. Tell your smart device to play ninety four to five device rod Ryan's Show. Now that documentary I watched, I watched the Nickelback documentary. I don't think that I learned a whole lot other than Chad Kruger is still single.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only time he got married was to April Levigne.
Speaker 1: Did he marry her? Or state?
Speaker 5: They didn't get buried? Did they? I thought they just dated.
Speaker 1: Well I don't remember that, okay, so.
Speaker 3: Maybe I didn't need to pay more attention to it.
Speaker 1: But what's the other documentary I said, I hadn't watched at the Renaissance Festival, but it's not hold that.
Speaker 3: It's just called Renaissance a ren Fair.
Speaker 5: I think it's called renn Fair okay, And that's.
Speaker 3: The one that's about this one.
Speaker 1: But they're kind of the Texas Renaissance Festivals kind of distancing themselves from it.
Speaker 5: But they did get married, Yeah they I thought soo.
Speaker 4: They married in France on Canada Day so and then that and then they separated after a year of marriage too.
Speaker 1: Of the most powerful Canadians of all time. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Didn't she date Derek Wigley too?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Does Canadians stick together?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was like when.
Speaker 1: Uh, when Ryan Reynolds was dating who Alanis Morissette. Can get those Canadian super couples. Yeah, the world can't handle it. The world can't handle it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, called ren Fair on HBO.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's god. I gotta get to that.
Speaker 3: I have to absolutely get to that.
Speaker 1: Sunny skies today sit chance of rain, highs of around eighty five. Let's go pease. Now I know this show on ninety four five, The La La La La, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, Hi, Yeah, I'm talking to you. What's your name?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: My name is Daniel.
Speaker 1: Hi Daniel. Are you calling about no the show?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir? Good?
Speaker 1: Okay, well then you listen. You found the right place. We got the right guy here, hopefully, Tessa. What's your question? Hey?
Speaker 5: Can you tell me what you're going to see? Less of this Halloween.
Speaker 2: Bull size chocolate candy bars?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 5: Ill give me that because it's chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the gummies and the other non chocolate items caca, yeah, something like that. It's uh a short expensive or shorty, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chocolates super expensive. I think we have what isn't expensive?
Speaker 5: Good question, you know, great question.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give out milk and eggs. Daniel.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a pair of ticket seat to who Hu at the House of Blues.
Speaker 5: I've ever teacher because you.
Speaker 1: Know the show. Thank you all very much.
Speaker 2: This is exciting.
Speaker 1: This is really exciting. Dude. It's great to have you on today. Thank you. I appreciate you listening to us.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hang on the phone for me. Bro. Oh this is the song they did with Jacoby. Yeah, this isn't the Who like that Mongolian metal band? Yeah, Chilli and I met them. Not a lot of Englishman spoken back there, like guy said, yes, Buzzfest, knew that was it. They were awesome though, when they played that Buzzfest. You know, we've seen all the bands. We've seen all the bands, you know, except some of these newer you know, ye, younger up and coming bands, which is exciting. But you were watching something completely different with them on stage. Man, they were great. You want to go see something really different. They're great at their instruments. I don't even know what you call those instruments. That got these crazy Mongolian guitar and everything, and the guy's doing the throat singing.
Speaker 3: They're awesome, man.
Speaker 1: November fifteenth, House of Blues tickets are available through ticket Mastered. Okay, let's keep this rolling as we wrap up here. Tyler beat Chris this Morning two questions too answers. It wasn't It wasn't a fast game. No, but it wasn't Monday. It was good. It was good, all right. Tyler's gonna go for win number two tomorrow, fresh out of had Head to head. We play every morning at six twenty MILF Monday number one link today Texas Hammer. Thank you for coming on today, Texas Hammer.
Speaker 3: We played the game. We gave away pit tickets to.
Speaker 1: Breaking, Benjamin Stained and Dawtry. If I know Chili and I do know Chili body, He's probably gonna put those at eight twenty. You know why he wants to put those at eight twenty.
Speaker 5: No, because Chili Brown, Oh, Chili Brown tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Chili Brown at a twenty tomorrow, So Chili Brown for the pit tickets tomorrow at a twenty Chili six picks and just killing it this morning. Shout out to the New York Liberty Wnba. Yeah, let's go libs Wenba Wenba So tomorrow tat Tuesday, Chili Brown at a twenty Jeremy's back. Got an email from Jeremy today. I'm so happy to see Jeremy Benson in my inbox.
Speaker 5: It was cool, better than ever, Oh my Oh my god, I know him.
Speaker 1: He used to be an intern on the rod Ryan Sure do he go. I don't know. He's an engaged guy.
Speaker 5: Say, he's probably just on vacation.
Speaker 1: Vacations now and stuff. He's a jet setter. Okay, he's a wheeling dealing and he's having a hard time keeping these gators down now that he's uh, now that he's engaged at rod Ryan Show on all the socials. Happy happy birthday, Happy heavenly birthday to our friend Dinah who is right there at rod Ryan Show on our Instagram.
Speaker 3: It was fun talking about Dinah today.
Speaker 1: Houston Life Test is going to be on there at one o'clock. That's it, guys, we're on a twenty hour break. Man, We're on a twenty hour break. Let's have some fun.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow we'll we come back, all right.
Speaker 4: He m f.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.