Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan ray I WBZY Costins News Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Dan Watkin's My next guest really needs no introduction, so I'm just gonna say, welcome back, Ernie Bark Junior. Ernie, how are you tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, Dan, Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, there's so much to talk about. People of course know the back family name. They know Ernie. He is a businessman, a philanthropist, a musician or renaissance man. He also knows a lot about Donald Trump taxes and tariffs. Let me first start Ernie with an important event that's going to result in about sixty thousand dollars worth of music equipment. This is an extraordinary story that maybe most people won't see. But there's a Medford Elementary school, Roberts Elementary School in Medford will receive this donation this week from your charity, Music Drives Us obviously a play on words there for sure, and you basically are providing your charities providing these kids with performance risers, ukuleles, violins, and musical instruments to the tune of sixty thousand dollars. What a gift to a bunch of kids in Midford. How did it happen? Was this school? How did this school become solucky? I want to talk about the serious stuff later, but this is.
Speaker 3: Up sure so sure. Well my foundation Music drives Us, which is at Music drives Us dot org. We have grants. You can apply for a grant if there's a situation like that school where instruments are old or they need instruments or anything. And it's not just schools, it's the public and private sector trying to keep music alive in public and private situations. That this particular school is a great school because they are in incredible need for instruments. So isn't like so many schools. I mean, it's kind of like you would never be done really almost no matter how much money you had. There's always a situation where people need money, instruments, whatever to keep music programs going. I love it. I think it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well it's again you've been doing this for how many years now, Music Drives This.
Speaker 3: Has been almost twenty almost twenty years.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, that's it's such a great, a great effort. And this is the Roberts Elementary School in Midford. Yeah, this Thursday, December fifth, and do these kids know that you guys are going to show up.
Speaker 3: They with these yeah, oh yeah, they know where we're coming. With all the instruments and everything we do it. You know, I go to ninety nine percent of what we call this funding. I go to nine to nine percent of the fundings. I like it, Dan, I've actually broken down like a little baby crying when you see when you see what happens with the instruments, with the kids and how we change lives, it's it's amazing. And if you want to get involved at all, you can go to music drives us dot org see what we're doing and get involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. I think it's so important that it's funny. I never learned a musical instrument as a kid.
Speaker 3: That's okay, that's all right, And I.
Speaker 2: Wish in retrospect we have a piano and I have no idea what I'm doing or anything. But it's just that the idea that there's that point in time in a child's life, whatever their age is, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, when it's like taking up a sport. I mean, if you don't learn to ice skate by time I'm your fifteen, pretty tough, tough to make the National Hockey League. If you don't learn, you know, how to play a musical instrument, it's an opportunity. The window closes early, and this basically gets kids inside that window. That's what's great about.
Speaker 3: This, right. You know, I wouldn't necessarily agree that the that the window closes early. You know, you had the kids early to get the kids early with music. Many, many, many studies have been done and agree that music is it's more than just producing music. It's jumping jacks for the brain. The statistics are if the if the kid plays music, he's he's a higher percentage of graduation, less problems in school. It's just it's it's music can literally rewire the brain. It's wiful thing. And hey, if you're fifty and you want to play something that you should be able to, I'm.
Speaker 2: Well past fifty or I'm on the wrong side of fifty, but we'll believe that. We'll leave that go. Look, I also want to pick your brain a little bit. Obviously, besides music, you know a lot about the car industry, and you know a lot about the president who will take the oath of office as the forty seventh president. And he's talking about taxes and rev tariffs and things like that. So what I'd like to do is just take a quick break and we come back talk about this, because I think a lot of my listeners when they hear the concept of tariffs, they probably go back to like their their history's classes when they were in the seventh or eighth grade, and some teacher didn't describe to them pretty much there was some tariff that we put on Britain or Britain put on France, right, and this is going to have impact and hopefully a positive impact, but it could have a negative imok and you in the car industry, you above all have to be aware of this. So we'll take a break. We've talked about music, but I want to talk about tariffs and in taxes and Donald Trump. Uh. You know, I I don't know if, if, how you feel towards him at this point. And I'll give you an opportunity to say whatever whatever you want to say, and we'll give the with the audience an opportunity to give us a call and talk about some of this, because I think our economic structure is going to have some impact. It's going to be impacted by the Trump presidency. This is what it's going to be different. We'll have to we'll talk about it with Erdiebak Junior. If you'd like to join the conversation, feel free to jump on board six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Some days I feel this way, other the ways I feel. I'll bet you Ernie probably has some very specific thoughts and we'll get to him and to phone calls. Here at Nightside. I'm back after a week off, and we're ready and we're to go back on Nightside right after a couple of quick messages.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: My guess is Ernie Buck needs really no introduction if you're from New England, that's for sure. Bock Automotive, Ernie, I think, are you the largest car dealer in New England with all the brands that?
Speaker 3: Oh no, not even I think the largest car brand in New England is mister Herb Chambers. No, no, no, no, by I used to have. I used to have two big Honda stores, number one Honda store in the world, one of them, and two giant Toyota stores number two in the world at my big Toyota store, and I ended up selling all my retail stuff, my body shot, my rented car, everything like that. But I maintained and kept Ferrari Maserati, so I have So my retail right now is Ferrari Maserati too fairly small stores. But I distribute super Roos throughout New England. I'll do sixty thousand subar Roos this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's pretty good. Okay, that's that's sixty thousand SuPAR Us. Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So therefore, I assume you have looked at the issue of a tariffs, yes, and so give us a thumbnail sketch of what do you think the impact of some of the Trump tariffs might be for good or for work, for good or for bad. What's your take on this?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean tariffs are more of a carry a big stick, and if you recall in May of twenty nineteen, Trump threatened Mexico with a five percent tariff, with a five percent tariff if Mexico doesn't do this, this or that, and within ten days Mexico acquiesced. I mean, he is he is. World leaders are falling in line with what he wants, which is, you know, making the economy of the US better and also again leading the free world.
Speaker 2: So his goal is to stop the bleeding. First, I assume to stop automobile manufacturers from leaving America. And I believe that there's some companies that have recently built plants in Mexico. If I'm wrong, correct me if I'm not.
Speaker 3: Oh no, not recently. They've They've been building or assembling cars in Mexico for a long long time. Also in also in Canada. General Motors has manufacturing facilities in Canada. It's the idea, the idea that that the US auto industry is in a little bit of trouble. It is in a little bit of trouble. The tarifs don't necessarily just for automobiles, but but the the the electrification or the the the prior administration that that tried to, in my view, force electrification on the people. Then, in my opinion, the government should not tell us what we should drive. If you want to buy an ice car, an internal combustion engine car, you should be able to buy it. If you want to buy an electric car, some electric cars feed fit people's needs, buy it. If you want to buy a hybrid. Buy whatever you want, but I don't believe the government should force you to purchase a certain vehicle. I just don't. And some manufacturers have literally spent and lost billions of dollars trying to keep up with the fantasy goals that the lost administration had. It's crazy what they're trying to do so quickly with electric vehicles. Right now, about seven percent of all cars on the road are electric vehicles, so you know, it's it's a small amount of cars. Are electric vehicles good? Yeah, they're great if they fit your needs in Tesla and Tesla last year had sixty percent share of the electric vehicles in the United States. Now they're down to forty eight because so many people are getting to the game. We have we have we have some some problems in the in the auto industry. One of them is is this whole electrification and then of course pricing the Although the average car over the last couple of years new car was forty seven thousand dollars, it's now forty five thousand dollars, so that's that's that's a little better. But there are there are one million more cars in inventory and dealers lots across the United States than there was a year ago.
Speaker 2: Well, that will push the price down. Mind is standing Earnie, And again you're the expert here. I'm just asking a couple of questions. My understanding. One of the concerns that the automotive industry has in America is that China leads the world in producing electric vehicles and somehow very upset that. Yeah, as you say the electric vehicle mandate that by twenty thirty or by twenty thirty five percentage of the cars in America have to be evs, all.
Speaker 3: Those mandates will not come true because it is impossible to do. The people just aren't buying them.
Speaker 2: Free market, in a free market system. But is China a big player here in electric vehicles? And is there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the situation with China. For the last ten years, maybe fifteen years, the storyline or everybody thought that the Chinese vehicles were not ready for prime time. The quality wasn't there. They made some starts and stops over the last fifteen years trying to come into the United States. And it wasn't because we were afraid of them. It was because they couldn't put it together. They didn't have the quality. They just literally were not ready for prime time. Now they are so ready for prime time that they are a looming threat. They have China, it's a different government than the United States. They can mandate all sorts of things. They've got tremendous, tremendous quality and electrification through the whole entire country. They they will, they will present a problem. They if they are unleashed on the American market, then with electric vehicles, Tesla will be number one, and probably the next ten will be Chinese scars.
Speaker 2: And so I'm assuming that the Trump administration sees this and sees that as a threat to the American worker in the American automotive industry.
Speaker 3: Correct, yes, but it's it's you can't you can't stop free enterprise. You can't you can't legislate people to not compete. Some countries through that candidate is famous for that. That's that's not the real Really the way to do it, The way to do it is to not open the gate all at once, just you know, see see see what's happening with the vehicles, and you know, if they will eventually be here, they have to be here. But yeah, the tariffs are the tariffs are for automobiles in for other goods. But but they've most of the tariff. The threats were just that, they were threats to put every to put everybody in line.
Speaker 2: Okay, so come back, come back if you will to China. So if he, if he is, if Donald Trump is concerned about an influx of electric vehicles from China, which would impact the US automotive market, he's going to say, Okay, you can't bring those You can bring those electric vehicles in and you can sell them for you know, thirty five thousand dollars what I assume they would be cheaper in terms of cost than the than the American vehicles. He's going to throw a tariff on them, which is going to inhibit them from bringing in and having such an impact on our industry.
Speaker 3: That's the purpose of the terraff Well yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, and no, yes and no. They do have they do have less expensive electric and they have very extensive electric. But remember but remember the electric market in the United States is less than ten percent. So even if they all came in, they just sit on lots because people aren't buying them. It's not it's not like oh, it's this has something that no other vehicle has No, they're a good vehicle, but they also have ice vehicles, internal combustion engine vehicles that they want to bring here. Also, it's not just electric. So so it.
Speaker 2: Is that represents nonetheless a threat to our automotive industry. And so I assume that's why he wants to at least either threaten or invoke tariffs. I'm assuming correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's they are a threat, just like just like in the in the seventies, the Japanese were a threat with the with to the domestics, and and and at the turn of the century in the late nineties and early two thousands, the Koreans, the Koreans were a threat to the Japanese. We have a Vietnamese car available in the United States called Thenfast, which is which is a vehicle that made in Vietnam is selling in the United States super low volume right now, but vehicles are coming in the US. Is the market of the world for automotive So at.
Speaker 2: What point My question then, is, at what point do you think that the Trump presidency will turn around and say, hey, wait a second, we got to protect tariffs of protection, we have to protect our automotive industry because if if look, that was part of the group that helped elect him president. I mean the the the auto workers didn't follow the leadership, uh you know of you know, U A. W And and Dors Biden. But the I think the polls indicated that the auto workers Trump Trump connected with blue collar traditional Democratic voters, labor union guys, more than any Republican president has in history. He now has to do something. And is that where the tariffs come in? Is what I'm trying to figure out. Particularly, No, I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think you're right. They will put tarris on the Chinese vehicles. And and yes we should protect the US market. You can't protect it forever, but you can you can be smart about.
Speaker 2: It, and and and and the impact is going to I assume I assume you, as a citizen and as some any and the automotive three you feel the tariffs are necessary, you know, to to at least stem the flow of the import of these cars or am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Well? I think I think tariffs are again shaking a big stick. If if the if the countries get in line and do what what the US wants, then carry there there there are Travis now on on a on a lot of on a lot of goods. But if they get in line and do what the US wants, then maybe the tariffs won't be won't be that bad. But I think I think you had mentioned that that Trump wants to help get the economy back on and and and I agree. I think I think he does, and the and the tariffs are a part of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ernie, let's take a break. I want to invite callers to call in and uh and I also like to uh, you know, like to talk to you a little bit about what you're feeling is towards the second administration and and what you expect as a businessman and whether or not there's something that we need to be concerned about or something we need to give it, give it a chance to work. My guest is Ernie Bach. He is not only a great businessman, he's a philanthropist. We talked about music drives us, but we're talking right now taxes and tariffs and Trump T, T and T, and that's going to be a lot of that's going to be discussed on night side in the in the weeks, certainly in the months ahead. And who better to start off with that Ernie Bark will take some phone calls if you'd like to join the conversation six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three thirty Back on night Side right after the news at the bottom of the hour with Ernie Bach.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on Way Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: With us Ernie Bak Ernie before we get the phone calls, and we got phone calls. Who I want to get to if anyone else that wants to try to join us? Six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. What does your take? You hosted Donald Trump back and I think it was toowenty fifteen when he was running the first time. Have you kept in contact with him?
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny he called me the other day. Really yeah, I you know my experience with Trump I in the eighties. You know, I was a big fan. I mean everybody was a big fan of Donald Trump in the eighties before the whole political thing happened, the Art of the Deal. One of the richest guys around, flamboyant, just just like just a very very popular guy. And then then you know, I always I always like what he did. And you know this, I'm a conservative you know in up here in the Blue States, something me in New England, which is mostly blue. I'm a I'm a conservative, so I believe in I believe in in paying for what we want to do. I believe in balancing the budget. I with me, Dan, who's ever like. I didn't vote for Joe Biden. I didn't vote for Joe Biden the first time, and I didn't vote vote for Joe Biden the second time. But when he won, he he's my president. That's how I do. I when you know, we vote, we do whatever we want. We want whoever to win to win. But but then whoever wins, it's my He's my president. So that's just how I am.
Speaker 2: I only have one at a time, Aready, And by the way, I'm the same as you are philosophically, and I had that same attitude. Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm right. I think he's going to do I think he's going to do great things with with the economy. I I A lot of the stuff that happened during this last administration we knew was going to happen. We had no idea it was going to happen the way the way it did, but we knew there were going to be problems. And I think I think a guy like Trump, who has who had a pretty good record for the four years, for some reason, a a minority part of the population that you did not like what he did. But as we see now that that everybody voted and and he's the popular guy, he's the one that won. So let's give him a shot. Let's stand behind him. See what we can do.
Speaker 2: Is there anything I know when you have a conversation with the president you'd like to sort of keep that somewhat private. Anything that he said to you that surprised.
Speaker 3: You, Well, I you know, I'm not Here's the thing. Here's the thing. I'm not like. I'm not on me. I'm not in the inner circle of all of all this. You know. I know a couple of the right hand guys and something I like to I think I got the courtesy phone call just because he was calling a bunch of people. I don't think he didn't call me for any you know my opinion of anything. You know, I think I was just I think I was on a list of people they like to call. I'll tell you one thing about President Trump. Uh, you know what I've learned with the few times that I've I've talked to him is say, you don't talk to mister Trump. Trump talks to you.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's that's just how it is.
Speaker 2: There. Enough, let's get some phoe calls for Ernie back here. That's a very app description description. Let me go first off to Donna in North bro Donnie, you have been holding on for a little bit. Appreciate your patience. You're all with Ernie buck Go.
Speaker 4: Right ahead, Donna, y'all worth the wait. I sure appreciate it. Hi, Dane, Hi Ernie. How are you tonight?
Speaker 3: Hello Donna, I'm very well.
Speaker 4: Excellent, thanks, wonderful.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I love what you both do. Ernie. I want to speak to the fact that you do this music charity because, as a professional in the industry of engineering, one of our vps said that they would never hire anybody without a music background.
Speaker 3: So that's funny. That's funny when they're young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, So that's a that's a wonderful, wonderful thing that you're doing. And as far as your Honder dealership goes, your dealer, it was the best in service for my Honda until a tree fell on it and broke it.
Speaker 3: Like oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that happened, but yeah, I was very proud. I was very powered of the customer service that I had with that Honda store. We did a tremendous amount of volume out of there and tried to keep everybody happy.
Speaker 4: Oh, incredibly professional in every way and very capable at their job. So that was wonderful. And I am aligned with you in terms of how you view the political world and how we run the country and how we support whomever is in office. And I do believe that Trump's using these Some people are calling them threats. I call them negotiation tactics.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: They absolutely need it in order to make people understand that, you know, we want to operate and support our own country as well. So thank you for for all that you're contributing to all of this. And Dan, I want to ask you, do you have great pool parties tooties anywhere near?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Does he know anything about your pool parties?
Speaker 6: Ernie?
Speaker 3: They used to be a little wild, but you know they've they've calmed down.
Speaker 2: Oh, Donna, sounds like there's an inside joke here, but we're not going to touch it, that's for sure. Donna. Thank you so much for Gaul.
Speaker 4: Yep, take care everyone.
Speaker 2: Very Christmas.
Speaker 4: Donna, yep, thank you.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Mark and Muber and Mark Ernie buck right ahead.
Speaker 6: Mark, I just think I was listening to the discussion and I just thought it was kind of ironic that we don't want government regulation to tell us to buy electric vehicles.
Speaker 3: Correct, well, we don't want really the government to tell us to buy anything. I mean, we should be able to decide on our own.
Speaker 6: So why should we then have the current government tell us what we can't buy? Isn't that just as much socialist overreach?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't understand.
Speaker 2: And what specific items, Mark, if you could be a little more less philosophical and more specific, what the Chinese?
Speaker 6: The Chinese electric vehicles, they don't want us to buy them because they're putting tariffs on that. What if those vehicles in an open market can compete with American electric vehicles?
Speaker 5: Are we not.
Speaker 6: Depriving the American consumer the ability to vote with their dollar and giving them the freedom to choose rather than restricting them.
Speaker 2: You've established a counter argument. Very well, go ahead, Ernie.
Speaker 3: No, I agree with you. I agree with you. You notice I took a soft stance on that, yes, they eventually will be here. The eventually will be here. In nineteen seventy one, the number one import to the United States was Volkswagen, number one import, and they were they were I remember this like it was yesterday, around nineteen seventy two, nineteen seventy three. They're going, hey, wait a minute, these Japanese cars, and everybody's like, gap, but you'll never be Vokswagen never and boom, you know, Japans the number one, number one import, and yeah, there has to be competition, but it's got to be. You don't want to just you know, open the gates and have them come in and slaughter rush. You don't want that, you want to want it.
Speaker 6: Well, that's but that that's capitalism. You're arguing for socialism short term social nis.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. I am absolutely not arguing for socialism. I'm arguing you're wondering about a true or false You're using the I'm with the intelligent of an intelligent way to let him in, an intelligent way to let him in. I mean you have you have Jim Farley over there right now or he was over there recently from Ford, you know, because Ford Ford wants to wants to check out this this Chinese technology. They're fascinated with it. And yeah, it may come in, you know, the Chinese technology may come in via a domestic brand or or something like that. But you know, I just don't think you should just open the gates and let him in. I just don't think that.
Speaker 2: Let me jump in here for a second. If I can market mar let me jump in, Mark, if you don't mind, let me jump in for a second. Okay. One of the things that tariffs are able to do. If all of a sudden, someone is bringing into this country automobiles which are competing and taking a part of the American market, the domestic market, and they're being produced in you know, whether it's shirts or automobiles in cheap labor countries which we cannot compete against that they can actually produce the car and ship the car here less expensively than can be produced. It will destroy the American automotive market. It will adversely dramatically impact our economy. A lot of fellow Americans like you and me going to find themselves out of a job after having worked for thirty or forty years in an industry. And yeah, tariffs are protectionism, and I'm a conservative, but I think we need to protect our economy and protect our American workers. That's my position. I'm probably a little bit more.
Speaker 6: That's a very socialist way to look at.
Speaker 2: That's not a socialist way. That's not a social way at all. You can you can characterize it anything you want, the communist way if you.
Speaker 6: Want, it's communists. It's a payer list.
Speaker 3: No, hey, Mark, do you remember do you remember in the market. Do you remember in the eighties when when we accuse the Japanese of dumping? Do you remember that?
Speaker 6: Is this not market manipulation though, that's the fundamentals. It's market manipulation. Whatever you want to call it, it's market manipulation to get people to keep their jobs. Correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, in a broad stroke, Mark, Yes, okay.
Speaker 6: So all I'm saying is, let's call it what it is, and.
Speaker 2: It's not socialism. If you call it anything, market, it's not socialism. It's us not what is it. It's acting in our own best predicular, it's in our own best economic interest when.
Speaker 6: We ending that, I'm agreeing with you wholeheartedly, but I'm just saying it's a mechanism used by the government to interfere with the freemall.
Speaker 2: This also, by the way, that there's no there's also a mechanism used by the government when we uh send US military troops to protect our economic interest. If all of a sudden, if all of a sudden, an if all of a sudden, if all of a sudden, a school of medical students in a in a small country like Grenada is taken over and the lives of those American students medical students are being threatened by the Grenadian government. You're damn right. I want the eighty second Airborne Division to go in there and protect American lives. And that's that's a different form of protectionism. But it's sure as hell not socialism. Mark.
Speaker 6: You make great points market manipulation though.
Speaker 2: Well look this all sorts of taxes of market manipulation. Mark, taxes of market manipulation. If the government takes enough to.
Speaker 6: Taxly out of you.
Speaker 2: You can't participate as fully as like in the market. You're playing games with us. It's an interesting call, but I'm past my break and I got to let you go. You felt you had a call, Mark, good call, thanks, Mark, Ernie. I got great calls. We'll be back with a couple more with Ernie Bach right after this at night Side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Ernie Bach is my guest. Let's keep rolling here, going to go to Bill and Norfolk. Bill, we'll getting a little tight on time. Got you in with Ernie. Go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Bill, great, and thanks for taking my call. And Ernie, thank you for what you do for music drives us. You have a lot of schools, a lot of school systems. You get them a lot of gear that they can't get normally. So I appreciate you doing that because you don't have to thank you. And I bought three crvs from you guys, another CRV from the New Guys, and it's not the same. I'll tell you that man, Dan and Dan and I both went to the same high school. And you and I both wanted same college. And I think I was a senior, you were a junior. We both had Jim Anderson as a guitar team.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's funny. I haven't heard that name in a long time. I love that guy. That guy was a cool guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was kind of a hipper kind of a teacher. But my question is are you playing and what are you doing musically these days?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I I play every day for myself. But what I do do when not many people know this, and I don't really say it that often, but all the cool Subaru jingles you hear on TV for New England Subaru, those are all original compositions and I play on a lot of them. Cool cool, Yeah, don't. We don't pay publishing. We write the song, record the song, and I have I have seventeen jingles that that that I can draw from that we've written. And we used to go and it's funny. Back in the day, we used to go into a proper recording studio, you know, with the buttons and the thing and the microphone, the isolation boost is all that stuff. And now with the tech, I just do it at my house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the way things have done these days.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Now, I want to get one more if I can. Okay, go right ahead, man, Thanks, Bill appreciate it of course. And Nie ernie Bach and his bandmates have opened for some big acts on the road. By the way, we've talked about that before. Let me go to Sandra in Carver. Sandra, I got you in here real real late, but you go right ahead. You're own with her.
Speaker 7: Okay, had a few things I was going to talk about, but I'll just single in on one thing and.
Speaker 3: Hello both he is, yeah, hello, taking my call.
Speaker 7: And I just want to say that I did take care of your father at Beth Israel Hospital in the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 3: Oh well, thank you.
Speaker 7: Hating myself at that point, he said, come on down, I'll give you a deal on a car. But I didn't even drive till I was in my thirties. So I just wanted to share that with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: And I don't know if I have any more time to talk.
Speaker 2: Or well, if you got if you want to ask a quick question, try a quick question, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Well I'll just say I believe strongly in music, and I you know, I was an individual that I was told I couldn't be taught piano and was going to get free lessons and I ended up playing the piano for the Sunday school and I played the piano for the capping exercises and nurses training. So if a kid can't learn that, I always find a way, and I did it, and I taught myself guitar later, so that's so. And I thought my kids would be musical, but I bought all kinds of instruments and nobody played anything. So I'll let you call somebody out talking. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Your career in nursing, so Erdiebach. If folks want to support Music Drives us, let's let's go to that website one more time. Here.
Speaker 3: Sure you can go to music drives dot org. We have a lot of we have a lot of events coming up, we have a lot of funding, and the grant cycle is open all the time. Now. You can follow me on Instagram at Ernie Bock Junior. On Instagram. I'm on Facebook, but I'm not on Facebook that much anymore. I'm kind of weaning off of Facebook and more staying just on X and Instagram.
Speaker 2: All right, Ernie Bock Junior, always great, uh to chat. You are a renaissance man, businessman and philanthropist. You do a lot of good and you have the coverage of your convictions. I really appreciate you taking the time. You are welcome here any night or do you know that?
Speaker 3: Well? Thank you, Dan, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: All right, my friend, we'll talk soon. Have great holiday Christmas, Thanks very much. We get back going to talk about the story of the day, which is Joe Biden's pardon for his son Hunter. Biden said he wouldn't do it. Now he's doing it. What would have you done. We'll be back on Nightside right after the ten o'clock news here on a Monday night, December second,