Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Hello there, and welcome back. What is this place?
Speaker 3: Is connected? Disconnected?
Speaker 2: It's connected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 3: Disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to feel disconnected. Break the number that has been disconnected? Howdy? Don't you love out?
Speaker 4: Everybody in the chat is always so excited when it's the first Thursday because my man, doctor Will Dotson is here.
Speaker 2: How are your friend?
Speaker 3: I just want to hug.
Speaker 2: That's that's what the thumbnails for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, how's it going?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: It's a it's a busy week all around for us and for the nation and for physical media and for my kids.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to catch up on. It's been it's been a crazy.
Speaker 3: Month, tumultuous. You know, all the rich people are about to leave New York. So yeah, I'm getting ready for a massive influx of wealth into rural North Carolina.
Speaker 2: That's that's exactly where they're headed for.
Speaker 3: They're fleeing the the hellscape of free childcare. No but I kid the election. Hey, yeah, movies, Josephine Man, Oh wow, you always see so many great things. I can I can barely keep up with you. Love gentlemen for blonds, of course. I watched Red Rock West for the first time recently the cinematograph released, and it was pretty good. Magic cop I have a copy that I haven't watched yet where we Go.
Speaker 2: The Man in Search of His Murderer from thirty one.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, I haven't seen that. That's good. Happiness of the kind of Curry's one of my favorite game movies. I show that in color movie. Yeah, that's like my like when I when I introduced students to me. Kay, that's actually my go to. Yeah, this happiness happiness I don't I don't show him audition until later.
Speaker 2: When you want to bump him out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I want to hit him, you know, I'll show him eachy the Killer and stuff like that before. So that's cool. A lot of great, great movies you're watching. Yeah, November, it's only the what what is to say?
Speaker 2: The fifth?
Speaker 3: The sixth? It's only the sixth, but feels like so much has happened already. And Happy Halloween. How is your Halloween? U?
Speaker 2: Shit? But that's that's expected in a family with the kids that I got. That's that's usual. What about you.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's sad they don't want to hang out with me anymore, but they also don't want to get driver's licenses, so that's right. So basically I had to like drive kids to different places and then come home just as trick or treating is pretty much ending. So I didn't really I didn't really get to celebrate Halloween as I will have preferred. I did have some fun stuff happening in October, though. I got to live tweeked the two hundredth episode of The Last Drive In with Joe Bob Briggs using the Mutant Family account. It was a great honor to be asked, so I really appreciate those guys for having me.
Speaker 2: And what were the movies?
Speaker 3: A Clown in a Cornfield and.
Speaker 2: Jacko? Jacko was the other one, that's right.
Speaker 3: So I had a field day literally with those two. So it was a lot of fun just kind of interacting with all the Joe Bob fans. Obviously I'm a huge fan. Well I'm a standstand first and.
Speaker 2: Ployant, that's true.
Speaker 3: Hi, you stand Good to see you in the chat. What else? Oh man, I saw some great shows in October. Me and my buddy Jacob got to see the Melvins and Red Cross, and me and my lovely wife Sky got to go see Messer Chucks, the best surf rock band out of Saint Petersburg, Russia, and opening for them was a pretty cool surf rock band from Asheville, North Carolina called Monster Wave. Enjoyed those and then I'm still recovering. Monday night, my buddy John different John, not John Daily but another John going friends with John Cocking. He and I went to see viagraa Boys and that was fantastic. Love the Viagra Boys. You know, those those young Swedish lads are really going somewhere. I think, so pretty packed month, right. I may be old, but I'm still keeping up with it.
Speaker 2: I think you're going out to more events than I am, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 4: I can barely find time to leave the house, let alone the yearn to leave the house, which I still struggle with.
Speaker 3: I don't want to leave, but I feel like I need to make myself like so, as you know, I am constantly flirting with a heart attack because of my stress level, depression and recurring alcohol dependency, and because I refuse to get any mental health support whatsoever. I try to do little things that they say are good for you, like socializing, but it's hard, it's not natural.
Speaker 2: What is that like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I find it's best to socialize in a place where you can't hear anything. So that's why I like go.
Speaker 2: Into concerts smart then just.
Speaker 3: I stand in a group of people and the only interaction we have is like if we like each other's shirt, we like point.
Speaker 2: The understanding, nod. Yeah, and thanks for that, Daniel, Yeah, I got. I've only gone I think.
Speaker 4: One show in the last year, but you've you've dwarfed that number, like many many times over this year.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, I'm seeing the Dwarfs next week.
Speaker 2: Look at that transition.
Speaker 3: First time. They're opening for gwar who play a hell of a show. Who played at the two hundredth episode job. I've never seen guar alive, even though they're Pride of Richmond, Virginia. So that'll be my first time getting devirginized the.
Speaker 4: Blood for starters, amongst other things. Other than that reminder, last month we had the Queen herself, Miss Tiffany Sheppis on with us and since then, the four k steal Book of the Toxic Avenger has been released upon the world, and I'd love to hear what people have thought if you've watched our our little piece on that disc, because man, we are quite proud of that one.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I don't know have you gotten your copy.
Speaker 3: I haven't gotten one, not.
Speaker 2: Yet, not yet.
Speaker 4: Other than that, it's been a busy month to pick up some I got a couple of fun things to share, but I'm curious to see what you've been getting.
Speaker 2: You want me to go first? Do it rock Apella here, I'll book nd it.
Speaker 4: I got in some care packages, so I'll share one of them and then you can share. This is from a friend of the show Vance. He wrote up this whole letter and everything.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 4: I picked this up on a WIM at half priced books. There were two of them, and I thought I might be able to resell one of them, but I'd rather give it to you. I had no idea what I was buying since it was sealed. I looked it up after and I'm intrigued after watching it, so glad I grabbed them. These are becoming rare. You can read my review on letterbox if you like. Is for the vinyl that's just fun. Add on appreciate all that you're doing, and he sent me this hardcover stranded in Canton.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what this is. Have you heard of this?
Speaker 4: William William Eggleston's legendary and pioneering video work.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 4: Well, I like the cover and then he threw in pulp fiction vinyl, which is awesome. So thanks Vance, I'll share some more after.
Speaker 2: You share something. What do you got?
Speaker 3: What am I doing?
Speaker 2: Pickups?
Speaker 3: Pickups? Bruh? I oh nice, Dan, Oh, I forgot. I almost forgot the best thing of all.
Speaker 2: I was waiting to transition into that.
Speaker 3: Brian Usna. Thanks, Ran very kindly came to well virtually came to my cult Films class and talk to the students for like an hour and forty five minutes answering questions talking about his career. You know, he lives for several years of his youth in North Carolina and still has some property here, so he was happy to talk to some North Carolina students and shared a lot of a lot of interesting stories about not just his early days producing his partnership with Stuart Gordon, but also his his later work in Fantastic Factory and helping develop the film industry in Spain and and h actually told the sort of drawing, you know, drawing connections of starting with movies like Faust and and Daygone and and building up to uh wreck the rec franchise. So that was that was the coolest thing. And he was very generous. Some of my students asked, frankly, stupid questions. I told him like, look, if you can't think of a good question, this is the time you can use chatching. You help yourself out. Some of them were just like, no, it was good, It was good. I was really really really uh Honor just what a nice guy.
Speaker 4: For the record, Will said he was generous with this time. He was very like almost two hours generous, long Q and a robust conversation, some very uh interested students and some very not interested students.
Speaker 3: Also, Yeah, we talked a little bit about that. Like there's some even even some of the students who are super into it, Like it's just it's just second nature now that they're always looking at their phones and so like our generation thinks, wow, how rude, But their generation is just incapable of looking at the world around them, he said, staring into a computer screen.
Speaker 2: But at least you're interacting you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Like one student had seen re Animator before, and the rest of them I showed them re Animator, Society, Returning the Living Dead, Three Day Gone, and my personal favorite, Progeny, and uh, they were up. I mean some of them was upsetting, like people. People got hit in some serious ways, especially Progeny, which has like all this like pregnancy related horror. Yeah, a lot of probes, a lot of feet of stuff. But but they got you know, they really got into analyzing the films and picking out the themes. And when Musa said that he tried really hard never to have a message, they were just like, nah, dude, you've got lots of messages. So uh yeah, it was great. It was great. It was great. There's some of my family.
Speaker 2: That's okay, come.
Speaker 3: Here, Scott, let me introduce you to the one hundred in the world we have. I don't think has anybody ever seen her before, not.
Speaker 2: On this show. I don't think I'm real Hiskuy. Yes, she married me in jail. That's true, true story. It's a very will story.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, we'll let.
Speaker 3: That go on. In the background.
Speaker 2: What are we doing? Pickups?
Speaker 4: We are doing pickups? Share yours and then I'll go over my last big.
Speaker 2: Package is the funniest way to say that.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you've got a big package. I do, I mean statistic bigger guys, but I don't know. I guess. I guess smaller guys that like might look at this, think about the phrasing their bank, Oh that was perfect whatever, So let's see. Some people get really upset when stuff takes a long time to ship, but I actually like it because then you forget that he ordered it, and it's like at the surprise one day and I, uh, I had this big order from I had a gift card from Orbit and ordered a bunch of stuff and it just came in last week, and I'm very pleased with it because it's all cool limited editions. I got Synapses, the Deadly Spawn, nice stuff. The reason it took so long to get here is because I was waiting for the four K of Martyrs, my go to date night movie, and then a couple of imprints, Burn and A Bridge Too Far, both films that I like a lot. I like war movies nice, especially now that I'm middle aged.
Speaker 2: I like war.
Speaker 3: And then there were like a bunch of price mark downs on Evil Online Behemoths. So I picked up the four K steel Book of the Fog. Yep, I'm totally I'm totally into upgrading all of my carpenter I'll do that until the end.
Speaker 2: Empires. On twelve K.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Little film Masters, Blind by Sherlock Holmes, the seven four release of Jack the Ripper and the Billy Jack Collection marked down. I'm sure the four K will be announced late next week. The other thing that was not marked down like super low and so now it's my first.
Speaker 2: Of the series.
Speaker 3: I got Shaw Brothers Volume five from Shout Factory.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Excited that's gonna be. This is gonna be my Thanksgiving break right here.
Speaker 2: Some very pleased with those box sets? Are are?
Speaker 4: I mean, even at full price, there's so much in there, it's it's pretty worth it.
Speaker 3: Well, this was marked down to sixty nine. Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't argue with that, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, wow, this is a sign.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 3: And then also my last pick up, this is Valentino.
Speaker 2: Valentina. Oh, it's perfect.
Speaker 4: A couple of weeks ago we talked about the release of Riverbend, directed by Sam Furstenberg, that Michael Dennis Real Black is helping with. I was hyped about that for a long time. I didn't know that I was going to be but I was the first person that pre ordered it, I guess, and Michael Dennis, the guy that runs Real Black, said, you know, just to say thank you, we're gonna send you a bunch of stuff that was cute. I was going to open the box set live, but I didn't know how packed it was going to be. Because it showed up and it was larger than expected. So I'm just going to share all this because Michael is incredibly generous. I got a Riverbend coffee mug nice. I've got classic like eight x ten stills that they've got from this. Then he sent an actual X sign thank you card. He sent one of the Riverband enamel pins that are really nice. And then it's kind of crazy here, so I just like, I believe you did this. I got an autographed VHS of River Bend and there's an actual tape in here.
Speaker 2: This is a.
Speaker 4: Full VHS and everything. He sent all kinds of these art cards, postcards, all kinds of stuff to support the release. He sent a Sam Furstenberg autographed postcard. He sent a Riverbend T shirt, that my wife will have to wear because I am a giant. And then some autographed posters too, like all of this in in this box like amazing. Thank you so much, Michael. This is incredible. Again, everybody should go pre order riverbend. I cannot wait to see this get released next year. Gonna be ridiculous, so many, so many extras. But the big thing we are gonna be seeing a interview pop up on the channel with Michael Dennis and mister Sam Furstenberg. Yes, Sam Furstenberg, the director of Break Into Electric Boogaloo, the show.
Speaker 3: So lucky I love. I actually read his memoir. Furstenberg is a very interesting guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I got to speak with him a little bit last week, and the dude is hilarious. He's an incredibly talented carpenter and uh, he's just fantastic.
Speaker 3: Did you tell him that your partner Will is the biggest Josh Becker fan in the entire world.
Speaker 2: I believe it may have come up ever so slightly. You did not, not that time, Nope, But I will be when when I when I get him on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's gonna be on the show.
Speaker 2: Not not unreconnected, but I'm interviewing him.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh you haven't done it yet. No, Oh, you got to tell him the that your pardon is the biggest Josh Becker fan in the world.
Speaker 2: That's what I just said. Yes, I said I was going to bring.
Speaker 3: It up and he's going to be like that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: And then just today got in the brand new Deaf Crocodile release of al ran A.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, mind, just I just got that too, but I didn't hold it up. I'm glad you did it.
Speaker 2: That's all I've got for that. Anything else that you've watched that you want to bring.
Speaker 3: Up watches for October, Let's see what I've already talked about. I'll I'll start with physical. Just the other night in Cult Film's class, I showed a film that I like to show fairly regularly because it really turns people on to time martial arts films, and that is the two thousand and eight Chocolate Good Movie starring gi yanin Graduate of the Tony Jah Stunt School. Some of the best fight choreography incredible of all time, I think, and some of the best injury bloopers at the end too. They're not funny like in Jackie Chan, like these injuries are like people going to the hospital and yeah, so chocolate's always a lot of fun. And it's interesting because this was a film about a character. Gian's character is on the autism spectrum, as we would say now, she's neuro divergent, and though the actress herself is not NeuroD divergent, activist groups and disability rights organizations hailed this movie as being particularly sensitive and kind of well rounded as a character. Another film that I watched this month on streaming was I've been recommended, people have been recommended that I see the The This and its sequel. Uh the Accountant. Did I talk about that last month? No?
Speaker 4: I think you talked either that or we've just talked about it so much that I feel like you talked about it. But I'm so ready for you to rant against it.
Speaker 3: What the first of all, I didn't know you could do that anymore.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know, like the Forest Gump thing was still at today like it was a It was a It was like Ben Affleck watched Tropic Thunder and was like, Yeah, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 2: I could do better.
Speaker 3: WHOA In addition to being one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. It was one of the most cringey, as the kids would say, portrayals by a neurotypical person of a neurodivergent person that I can recall. So, yeah, I have not seen the second one yet. I have a problem with John Berenthal. You're not in general, Yeah, you're not about to get him on the channel, right.
Speaker 2: I would, I would, I would love that, but probably I.
Speaker 3: Just he's married. He's married to face Facebook, you know what I mean? Like his his his, he's the brother in law of Sheryl Sander.
Speaker 2: I don't even know who that is by.
Speaker 3: Name Facebook CEO. And I feel like when your family is evil and when you are like a soft handed actor, you shouldn't be acting all tough. I don't like I don't like the I don't like that the punisher is in bed with literally with Facebook. I just I don't know. Maybe he's a nice guy.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's hard for me.
Speaker 2: To know what nephew you would love Kurt Ingele.
Speaker 3: I don't want to. I don't. Maybe you know what, I should take it all back. I shouldn't judge somebody I don't know. I wouldn't want anybody judging me, but still makes me uncomfortable. I also saw a great Jack Arnold Nore adjacent film called Outside the Law. This is about a disgraced army dude with daddy issues trying to take down a counterfeit ring. It's pretty cool. Enjoyed it. And then the big centerpiece of the month when was I ran the series? So I watched the first six Wrong Turn movies. I still have to watch the reboot. Two of the best, Joe Lynch Long Turn two. Dead End is a minor masterpiece starring Henry Rollins as the host of an apocalyptic survivor reality competition that they decide to shoot in Greenbrier, West Virginia. So Wrong Turn two is the best of the series. Wrong Turn four is the second best. It starts out stupid but then gets hilarious. Wrong Turn five is the third best. It's almost exactly the same as four, but set at an Appalachian version of Burning Man, which is kind of fun. Wrong Turn six is not really a Wrong Turn movie, but it was kind of like Yankee job into the series, and it was entertaining. The first Wrong Turn I don't know, it's like a chat gpt essay, it is technically okay, but there's nothing in it, you know what I mean. But by far the worst of the Wrong Turn movies is Part three because it wastes one of the greatest setups for a movie ever. A prison bus full of Latin kings and white supremacists driving through the backwoods breaks down and they have to contend with and bread mutant cannibals. You've got American history meets Blood in Blood, out Bound by Honor meets Deliverance, and you screw that up. Unforgivable. Wrong Turn three could have been the greatest film made in American history. Instead, it took the greatest premise ever. Just pissed on it. I'm angry. I read that the director is dead rest in peace. But I'm very unhappy with your work on part three of the long term series? What did you see?
Speaker 2: Not Wrong Turned? I still have never seen a single Wrong Turn film.
Speaker 3: Even Joe lynches, well, that's just doing disservice to your friend.
Speaker 2: It's true. I apologize, Joe.
Speaker 3: Do I look like an evil mad scientist?
Speaker 2: No, you're too kind to it, my.
Speaker 3: Cat, I'm like the bad guy in Inspector Gadget it's true.
Speaker 2: His name, uh, the Claw or right people in the chat?
Speaker 3: What's the name of the bad guy in Inspector Gadget?
Speaker 4: Is it not the Claw or Master Claw or something like that. I don't know, doctor Claw. Thank you, Ronnie, Thanks ro I'm not crazy.
Speaker 3: And you well, both things can be true.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: To bounce back from what you were talking about first, and then I'll go to some physical things.
Speaker 2: The modern movies. I saw this week.
Speaker 4: I saw maybe my best weekend in the theater this entire year. I went and saw Yorgoslanthromos's Begonia. Thought it was pretty incredible. Remake of Save the Green Planet with them a Stone. Jesse Plemott steals the show. He is remarkable in that movie. Emma Stone is great, but he is just over the top incredible. More people should be talking about his performances when it comes to award season. I saw If I had legs, I'd kick you. The Newest a twenty four film. This stars Rose Byrne and it's essentially Tormented Motherhood. The movie and the way I've been describing this as is incredible film. I hope you never see it again. It was very, very good and also very stressful, and I also live a lot of that most every day and I don't want to see a movie about that. But also she did very very good.
Speaker 3: You know what, You know what happens every time a movie gives you plements, you have to make plement ned makelement ade.
Speaker 2: That was pretty good, pretty good.
Speaker 4: H After that, I saw maybe the most surprising movie I've seen in the theater in a while, and that is this Year's Anniversary. This is essentially like political radicalization in a family.
Speaker 3: Oh whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. We don't talk about.
Speaker 2: That here, but it starts Kyle Chandler.
Speaker 4: Was that mister Friday night Lights, mister Texas Miss Okay, It's it's very good. I will say that it is a quite incredibly put together film, very tense throughout some shocking moments, but it's not like a horror film or anything like that. It is very much a thriller that is a slow burn thriller, and when it pays off, it pays off in spades. I thought it was kind of incredible and also like, hardly anybody's gonna see it, so you should go see it because it is fantastic. The last one that I saw in the theater this weekend. Is not necessarily a brand new movie, but also it's a brand new movie.
Speaker 2: It is Bahu Bali the Epic.
Speaker 4: It is a pair of Indian films that have been re edited into a single film. The two films together were a little over five and a half hours, and when you got the new edit of it that was just released this year in theaters, it's just under four hours, so they took a lot out of it. I freaking loved this experience. It is by ss Rajamuli, the guy that did R R R, and I hope that these come out on disc at some point so that more people will have a chance to see these. Just incredible sound, incredible music, fun acting. Everything is put together just stupendously. But also he just announced a animated follow up and to a mythical Indian epic that just sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait to see what they do with it. That's coming.
Speaker 4: I think in like twenty twenty seven looks incredible. But some disc things that I wanted to talk about I've been showing my kids. Some I won't say adult, although some of them are because that's a weird way to say it. But like grown up, grown up horror ish movies. First off, I showed I think I talked about this last week, but I know you didn't get a chance to talk about it. I showed the kids a Rachnophobia and that was a damn good time. But this week I showed the kids Halloween for the first time on the screen Factory four K. Had to cover some eyes on a couple of little quick parts, but the one that I don't know why, but it took Jonah by storm. We showed the kids Paranormal Activity and Jonah loved it Paranormal Activity so much he came home from school the next day and turned.
Speaker 2: It on again.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Good, good movies.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of Paranormal Activity, love most of the franchise. Halloween pretty good movie. I guess that was a joke to rile up the Carpenter fans, considering we'd already talked about Carpenter. But honestly, it's been a lot of fun showing my kids some movies that I love. What's we have never talked about this for you and any movies that you've gotten your kids to watch and love that you've been able to share.
Speaker 2: They hate most of it.
Speaker 3: None of my kids will watch anything with me.
Speaker 4: What if you deliver it in ninety second videos that are in a cool format.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's it's a really sad thing. So let's move on. Al carry saw The Anniversary five times.
Speaker 2: That's a great damn movie.
Speaker 3: That's an endorsement. I did see one movie in the theater this month. Uh, my friend John Daily and I met our new friend Phil Jarmon, the host of the spook House podcast, which we recommend, and we went to see the Cabinet of Doctor Callegory with a live quartet and c and that was quite cool, quite cool. Act three of the Cabinet of Doctor Calgary usually puts me to sleep, but so the live music helped to Act four. It's okay. I wish you could see. You can't see.
Speaker 2: But the for those questions, for those listening, this is.
Speaker 3: Its back leg here for those podcasts. I have a cat sleeping on my chest. We have three cats, and generally at least one is sleeping on my chest whenever I watch a movie. They're the only ones who watch movies with me. My family hates me.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Uh, all right, anything else that you want to discuss before we get into announcements.
Speaker 3: I feel like October was so busy that I'm forgetting something that I should say, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it is? No, but I'm feeling the same thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know we've got I was thinking, you know, because it's November, and we like to celebrate the the genocidal conquest of this country by telling each other what we're thankful for. And this has been a tough year for I mean, it goes without saying this has been a tough year for everybody. And there's so many people who are suffering now because of the government shutdown. I mean, it's certainly pinching us. But I also have a lot of things this year that I'm really grateful for, and I don't want to take those things for granted, a lot of which has to do with work that we've done together and separately for different different releases, and so I'm really grateful to the companies that have worked that have given us a chance. There's a lot of stuff, a lot of companies that we've worked with for the first time this year. Like last month we announced the first film worked on for eighty eight being a joke Tomato film like Wow, getting to work on the Hyena. I'm so really grateful for that.
Speaker 4: And tonight we get to discuss the first contribution to Unearthed Films too.
Speaker 3: We do oh oh yeah the Ugly right, yeah, So when do we get to talked about the second contribution?
Speaker 2: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: So, you know, it's it's been it's been a year. I guess, I don't know. I hope everybody out there is doing okay and making it and I hope that I hope that we survived for another year.
Speaker 4: And that that is honestly, existentially true on multiple levels. I mean, not to bring it back, but what the show is generally focused on but physically is you know, it's it's a luxury. None of us have to take part in all of this. And to be completely honest, hearing from pretty much every every company in this industry right now that it has not been a great summer and beginning of fall for people that are selling discs around the country right now, people are struggling, which means they are able to purchase less, but the rising cost of things means that cost a rising from everything from acquisitions to materials to printing to postage, and it's taking an already very lean industry into areas that are approaching to lean to survive for some of these companies. Obviously, this is not meant as a hey, please go give your money to these hard earned companies. But I just know that a lot of people that are doing this are doing it for the right reasons and to survive. They got to have an income, and it takes it takes a lot to be able to put out one disc many many hands touching things that are affecting special features and replication and authoring and manufacturing and shipping that you don't think of from any of these companies. You see one face and that's all you think of. But it's kind of crazy how many people impact a single release. And all those people deserve to be paid for their time. So it's a lot the other days that are you know, affecting people.
Speaker 3: Being paid for our time. What a concept? What a concept.
Speaker 4: I will end with the lamentation that is rough because I know how much it would mean to you if I could make it happen for us. But I will say one consolation of this last month was being able to help a company book An interview with mister Jim Einorski and it wasn't us so that I could get Will to talk to him and that felt awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for the reminder.
Speaker 4: But I can't wait to see that disreleased that will be coming out in the new year, and excited to see what everybody thinks, because man, there's a lot of still really really cool things happening around the world in the face of adversity, in the face of adversity. As the face of adversity stares up at your chin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty cute cat, a little therapy animal.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, you ready to dive into some capitalism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of how hard it is to put out discs, let's talk about one hundred announcements this week.
Speaker 4: There's not one hundred, there's like ninety four. All right, let's get into it. First off. Last week, Imprint during the show announced a four K and Blu Ray release of Alligator one and two coming out in Australia on January seventh. Alligator one is four K, Alligator two is Blu ray. Only the fact that Alligator two has now come out on Blu ray, I think three times in the last couple of years, people are asking why is it not four K? That's pretty telling to me that there's probably a problem with the elements, because if they could have done it four K, the third company would have done it in four K. It's not like a race to keep it on Blu Ray. So just keep in mind it's likely not coming on four K anytime soon, based on the fact that it just keeps happening on Blu Ray limited fifteen hundred copies. As far as extras, there's all kinds of archival extras on here. Nothing new, but it's in my opinion, the best looking art for this disc yet. Really like the way they put this together.
Speaker 2: Looks good.
Speaker 3: Alligator two the blutation because.
Speaker 4: Next up lawnmower Man Wanted two coming on Blu Ray from Imprint on January seventh. As well as far as extras, again, literally nothing new, but yeah, fun looking release.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about lot mower Man. I'm sure you've seen at least the first one.
Speaker 3: I have not. Yeah, I've seen the first one when I was a kid, and I remember thinking it was like the dumbest thing ever. But then last month I saw Virtuosity, which was better. I would revisit it. I don't. I'm not going to shell out for a deep Lux edition, but I would be willing to revisit it and to see the the sequel, which I think I almost bought from Ronan Flicks one time. And then you know, like you fill up your cart with way too much stuff so that you can delete some things and then trick yourself feeling better about what you're doing. Wilmore Man two is like my go to put it in the cart and then delete it disc whenever I go to a Roneum Flax sale. So I'd like to see him. But uh uh.
Speaker 2: Uh, oh did you wake her up? Oh? Is there another one?
Speaker 3: The one.
Speaker 4: Will just drowning and let's go the next one. The Assassination Bureau coming on Blu ray over in the UK from Aero Video on January fifth. This is the exact same release that has come out previously. Nothing brand new here. This was released by Imprint in the UK and yeah coming to the UK. Now, I said Imprint in the UK. It was Imprint in Australia. Hello, that's not correct, So yeah, the Assassination Bureau. Uh, Diana Rigg Oliver reed.
Speaker 3: Fun movie I do have as an arrow, Yes, yeah, I have that and I actually watched it for the first time this year. Say it from that chord. Buddy Valentino's brother Marlowe is just off camera and he is eyeing the microphone cord. Anyways, Yeah, The Assassination Bureau is one of those great like sixties British colorful action comedy deals. Yeah, I recommend that movie. That's worth seeing. Oliver Reed like, I love it when Oliver Reid's in comedies. I think he's so funny and he's underrated as as a comedic actor.
Speaker 4: Next up, speaking of comedies, I think January nineteenth on Blu Ray in the UK is City Slickers from nineteen ninety one. This is a disc I was not expecting. But we've got the old audio commentary here with Ron Underwood and Billy Crystal and Daniel Stern.
Speaker 2: New interview with the director.
Speaker 4: We had a new interview with Robert Costanzo on here, new interview with the actor Kyle Secor, new interview with the actor Josh Mostel. A bunch of archival stuff, then a collector's book with new writing by Barry Forshaw. Are you a City Slickers person or you more a city Slickers too? Curly's gold.
Speaker 3: I've never seen either of them.
Speaker 2: Really No, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I'm not a billy crystal guy.
Speaker 4: Not even like Sleepless, Not Sleepless, That's not what I meant. When Harry met Sally, I was reading another thing.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't even buy the premise of that movie. This is just no frickin way, dude, Like, if that guy is going to get with Meg Ryan, then right, this is like what nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 2: But those sweaters.
Speaker 3: Now, if that guy is going to get with that girl, he better be charming and funny, and he is neither of those things. He's a lot to deal with. And I just don't I'm not okay with it. I don't think she should settle for that. I think she's asking for a lifetime of mental abuse. And I think it's a horror movie. It's a horror movie, all right.
Speaker 2: I will say. I like City Slickers. I like Curley's Gold a lot.
Speaker 4: I mean is directed by the same guy that did Tremors and right after that, So yeah, good.
Speaker 2: Movie that might be. Yeah, I'll endorse it.
Speaker 4: This is another one that has been released before Hugh Sarah The Bone Woman coming on Blu Ray in the UK from Arrow as well. This one is going to have on its new audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, new visual essay by Anton Battel, and then a booklet new writing on the film by Kat Hughes as well. I've never seen this one. I feel like this was a shutter movie. Did you see this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a shutter movie and I have not seen it yet, but I really would like to. It looks very intriguing.
Speaker 4: Indeed, another month that I just love. January twenty seventh. Here in the US, we are getting a Blu ray of Cheap Thrills from twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: This is the pat Heally movie.
Speaker 4: We had new audio commentary by Alexandra Heller Nicholas on this one, new interview with El Katz, the director and producer Travis Stevens, a new interview with pat Heally, Ethan Embry, David Keckner, and Sarah Paxton, new interview with the writers Trent Haga and David Churciillo. We've got a new interview with the special effects makeup artist Hugo Villa Signor, some archival extras, and then a poster on this one, plus a booklet in new writing by Heather Wixon and Matt Denado. To me, this feels like a movie that you'd love.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this one? No?
Speaker 3: I have not, but you know Trent Haga. Haga is a trauma vet YEP and did Trauma's Edge TV with the great Tiffany Sheppids and has been in several fantastic films, not least of which being a terror firmer. How would you like that to be your first movie? I like a movie that he made called Dead Girl. So I haven't seen cheap Thrills, but I will.
Speaker 2: I think you'd like it. It's like something I meant to talk to you. We might have to talk out.
Speaker 4: I helped the facilitate a commentary for somebody that got their work started with the Trauma distributed film. I'll have to spend a couple of moments on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's keep going next time.
Speaker 3: Man, the Pandemic's been good to you, buddy. Let me tell you what. All the people in the world who are grateful for COVID nineteen, this guy right here that I'm talking to, my whole life change. Thank you Pandemic.
Speaker 4: And other people talking about Blu rays that I could not stand on YouTube without that happening.
Speaker 2: I would never have done any of this, So thank you.
Speaker 3: So Anger and disease lead to joys Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, January thirteenth. Here in the US and Canada, we're getting a four K of Evil Dead Rise from twenty twenty three. This is a freaking loaded disk. We've got a new.
Speaker 4: Interview with Lily Sullivan, new interview with Alissa Sutherland, new interview with Gabrielle Eccles, new interview with Anna Marie Thomas, new interview with the special makeup effects designer, new interview with the editor, new interview with the sound designer, new interview with the composer, some archival extras that were on the UK releases. We've got a new Evil Dead featurette. We've got a short film from Lee Cronan from twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: He's the director. We've got a reversible.
Speaker 4: Sleeve, we got a double sided fold out poster, and we got a book new.
Speaker 2: Writing by Michael Gingold.
Speaker 4: There is so much on this release that made it finally worth picking up compared to that studio release. I know that we've talked about the Evil Dead stuff before. I don't recall did you see this new one?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: My wife and I went out to see that on a date.
Speaker 2: Nice and was the evil dead the only thing that rose that night? Geez, Louise, I love that you made so much worse jokes than you try to call that out.
Speaker 3: I never get personal, that's not true. Yeah, I enjoyed it. I thought that the tension, the intensity, the relentlessness of it captured the tone. I liked the crappy DJ was responsible for destroying the world. It just seemed appropriate.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go the next one. But I think it's hilarious that you just said you don't make it personal, right after you just spoke on two minutes about me benefiting from the pandemic, so thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just that wasn't like I wasn't talking about your genitals.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about Steven Seagals. Then.
Speaker 4: January fifth in the UK, January sixth in the US on four K and Blu Ray, we are getting under Siege from nineteen ninety two under Siege. This is a brand new four K restoration from the OCN by Arrow, approved by the director. We've got a new audio commentary with the director and the writer. We've got a new interview with the director. We got a new interview with Erica Alaniak, the one of the actors. We got a new interview with the actor Damian Choppa, a new interview with the visual effects supervisor, a book of the writing on the film by Vern and a serial fiction by Martin Peddler, plus reversible sleeve and all that usual stuff.
Speaker 2: I am not a cigal guy, but.
Speaker 3: Sure is verns of Segalian. I used to date this Australian girl who was so obsessed with Steven Seagal that she actually like followed his band on tour. I'm not sure it was ironic interesting under this Under Siege man. I love the soundtrack to this movie, so many great beer worms like Onto the Siege, you know, I love that song. Erica Eleniac, of course, my favorite actress from the original They Watch cast, which also included Billy Warlock of Society fame Brian Newses. It's true, I think I have seen Under Siege, but the only thing I remember of it, frankly, is Erica Oleniac jumping topless out of a cake.
Speaker 2: I think that's all we all remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that hit me at the right time in my adolescence, so thank you, Ms Oleniac. Jeez, isn't this like the consensus best Steven Sagall movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they are leading with this.
Speaker 4: And just for the record, Cliff who is now with Arrow that used to be an employee over at Screen Factory years ago, he has confirmed that there are at least three more Sagal films coming from Arrow, So everybody, it's a threat. Maybe we got people in the chat asking for the sequel to this, and it is still possible that we get under siege to just saying.
Speaker 2: Either way.
Speaker 4: They always announced it for the first of the month, so you'll be sure to talk about them as they come over the next maybe three months.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 3: I hope that an extra on one of the releases is the incredible YouTube supercut of Stephen Sagal running God. I think is the best other than this show. The best thing on YouTube is the super cut Stephen Sigal running.
Speaker 2: High praise high praise for me? Not first of all?
Speaker 4: All right then from Arrow the two thousand and six Quote Masterpiece. January nineteenth in the UK. January twentieth in the US four K and Blu ray release of Snakes on a Plane. Yes, the Samuel L. Jackson memified film Snakes on a Plane coming to four K new commentary by Max every and Brian Reesman. We get an archival commentary, We've got a new mini documentary exploring the movies tie in novelization phenomenon, featuring the publisher Mark Miller, historian David Spencer, and christa faust archival feature on the making of with a bunch of interviews, archival feature on the work of the Snake Wrangler, a couple other archival extras here. And then we've got some music videos, trailers, gag reels, all that stuff, plus a booklet with writing by Daniel Burnett and Charlie Bridgen. You know, I do not love this movie.
Speaker 3: No, but it has some historical importance because it was the first time that Internet and influenced not just the marketing of a film, but caused reshoots. Do you remember that.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the reshoots so well.
Speaker 3: It was it was originally made as like a more or less straight action movie, and somebody on the Internet, and I believe it was through the talkbacks on Ain't It Cool News or something like that. I know it was ain't It Cool News that that caused the reshoots. But somebody did a video in which he did an impression of Samuel L. Jackson saying the line I'm tired of all these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane, which was not in the movie. That was that was a parody impression video, right, And that video went viral, like it was pretty early in the internet days. I don't even know if viral going viral was a phrase yet, and became so popular that the studio was like, well, we got to do reshoots and actually put that line in the movie. And when you when you see the scene, it's pretty obviously a reshoot because it's like this close up insert of Checkson's face that's in the line, you know, as there's no it's the rest of the set is gone, you know, and the movie so they reshot it to me and re edited it to make it more comedic. It didn't really work though. It's the kind of movie that might have worked if like Jim Wynorsky had done it on a Wye Norski budget, but it's too slick and and and studio like Focus Group tested, it just doesn't work. So it's but it's got that it's it will always have some historical importance because like it was a turning point in interaction between Internet fantom and UH studio productions and reminds I mean, and you draw a direct line between that and and the kind of secrecy that that you know, MCU films have to like operate under in order to prevent spoilers and stuff. And then and and all those sites you know, any cool news obviously like went down in flames during because Harry Knowles is you know who he is. But other places like chud right, all those early movie fandom sites that are really the basis for what we're doing right now. You know, these these early foundations of internet movie fans. Yeah, so Snakes on a Plane is like of that time. Ah, that was the most boring. Sorry, I just it's yeah, historically Snakes on the Plane matters, but as a it will not be on my shelf.
Speaker 2: Excellent On that.
Speaker 3: Note, what'd you think about it?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't I don't love it either.
Speaker 4: I mean, the only thing that I was going to say that kind of draw to that is it kind of reminds me of why like Sharknado got so big and it's time it premiered. It premiered on sci fi and I don't remember who there was some celebrity that literally was like flipping through channels and kind it live, and it was the first movie that had like a live feet along. Twitter was the thing that phenomenon, and it literally from that night people were following this person, tens of thousands of followers. Twitter wasn't huge yet, and from the the literal like buzz from that, it became at that point the most watched sci fi original film up to that period. And now now we've got like what five or seven of those movies or whatever.
Speaker 3: Funny enough, in twenty twenty three, Joe Bob was showing Shark Nato and I was tweeting back and forth with other fans and Anthony Ferranti, the director responded to Mede, nice job, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, big one here seven.
Speaker 4: We got this shipping in December. We did get a date after I posted this. They forgot to put it on the website at first. We've got a four K film and the rest of these are Blu ray coming in the Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee Collection number three. This is a seven disc set with six rarely seen films and a new one hundred and forty two page book. We've got beat Girl from nineteen fifty nine, The Hands of Orlock from nineteen sixty. We've got the version of Nuremberg. That is the one that is on FOURTYK and on Blu Ray. We've got a Rabian Adventure. That one's from nineteen seventy nine. A Feast at Midnight from nineteen ninety four. Disc seven is the Life's and Death of a Christopher Lee, which is a documentary that we had talked about on the show before and now you can pick it up in this box set, and uh yeah, how about this one?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: To me, this is by far the most appealing of the three Christopher leasets that they've done yet. With the version of Nuremberg, Hands of Orlock and Beat Girls specifically, plus that freaking documentary, this becomes like, as as soon as I can, I definitely want this set.
Speaker 2: This looks like a really great set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred all in for that one.
Speaker 2: All right? Anything else on Christopher Lee.
Speaker 3: Iconic good guy? All right, he knows his Tolkien.
Speaker 4: Next February twenty third in the UK, Treasured Films Putting out Where Wolf Woman from nineteen seventy six. I think this is the first time, maybe ever that we've ever had back to back weeks with Treasured Films announcements, which is rare for a company that small.
Speaker 2: This one is.
Speaker 4: Directed by sexploitation maestro Reno dil Silvestro, who did Deported Women of the SS. It is a strange, erotic, outrageously sleazy former Section three video Nasty Eurohorse Sizzler, which is making its UK blu Ray debut, and a brand new two K restoration loaded with the extras, including physical extras. If you want, you got six art cars, perfect bound book with new writing by Amanda Reyes, Darryl Buxton and Andrew Marshall Roberts. If you get it through the website, you can get their Hairy Moon magnet. You can get a full that poster or the extra limited edition arcard for the first eighty orders. If you're a subscriber, you do get one of those. And then the disc special features new audio commentary from Kim Newman and David Flint, new audio commentary from Eugenio Kilani and Troy Howard, new Stephen Thrower, appreciation of Werewolf Woman, a new interview at the co Star Howard Ross, new interview new Howard Ross Q. And a filmed at Weird Warchester from last year this summer actually a new visual essay on Dagmar Lessander by Eugenio Ekilani, some archival extras. Suddenly this looks to be a pretty dang good disc.
Speaker 2: Werewolf Warm She Got the Moon?
Speaker 3: That's a good song.
Speaker 2: It is even better when you sing it. It's like the Eagles? Is that where that is? I think? So I've never seen this? Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: I feel like I have like VHS days back in the video store, but no memory whatsoever. So definitely that's a I desire.
Speaker 2: This, You desire the Hary Moon, I get it all right.
Speaker 4: January thirty. First, we've got a brand new thing coming. Aero Video has teamed up with Mutant to put out a four K media book of Donnie Darko. First off, this is the exact same disc as the previous four K release, So if you've got that and you're kind of so so on Donnie Darko, definitely no reason to pick this up again. But they are doing something unique, which is a US media book that is pretty rare nowadays. And to see Mutant jump with Arrow that's pretty damn cool. It says, we are thrilled to announced new collaboration with the Claim to genre distributor Aero Video, launching with our version of the cult classic Donnie Darko, the first release in the four k UHD Mutant Media book series. It features both the theatrical and directors cuts on two four K Blu ray discs, with brand new artwork by Greg Ruth and a layup by Craig Oldham. The initial pressing is is limited to two thousand units, with a forty four page media book housed inside an exclusive first run numbered slipcase. It includes essays by Nathan Rabin, Anton Battel and Jamie Graham, an in depth interview with Richard Kelly, and an intro by Jake Jillenhall.
Speaker 2: So this.
Speaker 4: Again, like, I'm pretty stoked that somebody else is doing media books, but I definitely don't want them to just be doing re releases of titles that Arrow has already done, because I'm not a big fan of rebuying things like that. But I would love media books like this. I'm a big fan of that packaging a from you on Donnie Darko or media books.
Speaker 3: Well, it occurs to me that anyone who is concerned about uh zoron Mom Donnie's when in New York, they should listen to Donnie Darko's conversation about the Smurfs and recognize that that's what's common. He's going to turn Manhattan into Smurf Village. It's going to be a socialist hell whole.
Speaker 2: Full of who know, we blew ourselves? Whoa God? Please tell me you no arrested development.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, arrested Lament. They're one of my favorite hip hop groups of the nineties. Anyways, Tuno C, Tuno C.
Speaker 2: So nothing actually about this it too.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't like Donny Darker. I thought it was your favorite. Ronnie is on point, like you have never been so full of innuindow and outright filth. I'm shocked, frankly at the level of Blue humor that you have descended to.
Speaker 2: That was good, That was good. It's mom, Donnie did it for all of us. I'm sorry, Mom, Donnie.
Speaker 4: Carrying right along since you don't want to talk about it. Coming in quarter one of twenty twenty six on Blu Ray from Terror Vision is a box set called Nineties Nightmares. This includes Mountain Fury, hell Spa, and Lady of the Lake. We had a live stream to talk about this box set last Friday, and you had some thoughts. One of these was the second Fangoria DVD release, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brad said it was the first, and I texted you immediate was like, actually it was the second.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 3: So I don't know anything about hell Spa, but wait, does that health spa?
Speaker 2: What is that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean the title has already sold me. John Daly's trailer for Mountain Fury has made me very much want to see that film, and Lady the Lake is the one of the only one of the three that I have seen. I did Fangoria back in the nineties, had briefly a distribution label. Their first film was I Comma Zombie, which is one of the saddest zombie films ever made. It was made for a budget of like twelve thousand dollars or something. It's like crazy low budget and it's about a guy who gets infected and like slowly rots and it's so sad. Lady the Lake as a follow up was really weird, and I remember being very confused by it, and the imagery was was really compelling. So I'm very happy to have a chance to see it, you know, cleaned up and presented on Blu Ray for the first time. That alone makes me want to get the set.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't say that Lady the Lake is good or in quote marks good. I just don't remember, but I do remember the imagery being really compelling, and so I very much want to see it again.
Speaker 4: To break down the set a little bit, Mountain Fury has no extras. Anybody included in making the movie just had no interest in talking about it. Hellspa though we've got the CD soundtrack with it as well. We've had a bonus movie on that Club Dead. We got a new commentary with Mike Bowler, Steve Jarvis and Dennis Devine making a blooper real Still Gallery and then Lady of the Lake. You'll recognize the name of the director. This is Maurice Devereux, who also did End of the Line and Slashers that Terror Vision has also released. This one also has the CD soundtrack, also has two different presentations with two different aspect ratios. On this new commentary with Maurice and Martin Gattier. We got a new interview with Maurice archival making of Still's Gallery, all that inter interesting stuff that usually comes on these pretty compelling set. However, they are SOOV films. If that is not your bag, this is just probably not gonna be your bag overall.
Speaker 2: But watch the trailers.
Speaker 4: John Daily cut some amazing trailers and these look just incredibly fun.
Speaker 3: He does make some great trailers. I say this with all compliments. John Daly can polish a turd like nobody in the business.
Speaker 2: It's true. He is the best at it. And I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 4: I truly love Earl Kess's cover art for this box set. I think if you're putting out a box set called Nineties Nightmares, this is exactly the vibe that I definitely want to see on that.
Speaker 2: Box all right.
Speaker 4: One thing that surprised the hell out of me this week we are getting another media book, this time from Dark Sky, and this is currently exclusive to their website, although it'll likely go wide eventually. But they are putting out Chain Reactions that new Texas Chainsaw mascre documentary that was made with Patton Oswald and Alexander Heler, Nicholas and Stephen King and all of that. The interesting thing is you could pre order it with this really interesting it's rocking fought. Yeah, it's rucking fought in the company that did the shirt. But to make this more compelling for everybody, Like I said, it is a media book, but it also includes eight rare versions of the Texas Chainsaw Masker. It has the sixteen milimeter Overscan print, a sixteen milimeter barbecue edition, thirty five milimeter Grindhouse Print nineteen eighty four, k Tail, Australian VHS nineteen eighty one, Wizard Video VHS nineteen eighty seven, Czech VHS nineteen seventy eight Super eight millimeter, and then the nineteen eighty Slovakian Betamax release of this. I have never seen a release with so many different versions of the movies to archive it throughout the years. This is a fun idea and if you want the bonus disc and all that. In fact, I think the shirt is only available for like another day. But uh yeah, how do you feel about this getting this type of release in the eight versions of this moviees? Since this is quite personal.
Speaker 2: For you, Next you don't want to say anything, Nope, Okay, let's talk about some moc and stuff.
Speaker 4: Then you want to talk a lot about garbage pail kids. Sure this was guest last week, and it was revealed last week during the show that the next VSU is the Garbage Pale Kids movie from nineteen eighty seven. This is a brand new four K with Dolby Vision restoration, commentary with some of the lead actors. We've got a new interview with the actress Katie Barbery, new interview with the special effects and animatronics artist Hal Miles, some archival extras on here, and then a forty page perfect bundbook with essays by Austin Trunick, Chris Shields, and Walt Chaw. I am amazed that we are getting Walter Chaw talking about the Garbage Pale Kids movie in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Tell me how much you love this movie, sir, well, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying that it's it's, you know, not a great movie by any like objective measure. Yet it is so bizarre and gross and nostalgic that I am very tempted to upgrade my out of now out of print DVD from from years and years ago. But like, gosh, it's a you know, the current generation they don't really understand toys and our generation. I'm speaking primarily of elder millennials and younger Gen xers, had I think in the eighties some of the strangest toys. Yeah, garbage pail kids, mad balls, all the various like g I. Joe type knockoffs, the super homo erotic he Man line, just so many strange things, dolls that pissed themselves, you know, and all kinds of guns.
Speaker 2: And that was a selling point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I remember seeing ads for toy guns, and like part of the selling point was like how realistic they looked, like garbage peel kids, like the very idea of them of like cabbage Hey, cabbage patch kids, make money, let's do that. But gross. Yeah, so uh. And then the movie for for somebody who hasn't seen it, I don't even want to I don't even want to describe it because I feel like you have to go into it knowing as little as possible. Mackenzie Asketon, the the younger brother of Sam Wise Gamgee, anchors a cast of well essentially this is snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, but like boys, you know. Yeah, I don't even I don't even know what to say. I'm just in a word salad right now. Trying to formulate a thought about the Garbage Pail Kids.
Speaker 2: Movie, which they didn't even try to do that when making the movie.
Speaker 3: I saw, Yeah, I saw in the theater. I remember that.
Speaker 4: I will say this has some pretty crazy practical effects in it, and for that alone, like it's it's probably worth seeing at least once. Is it worth spending, you know, fifty bucks on a VSU?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's the whole VSU thing, right, A nostalgic movie that's not very good, right, And they.
Speaker 4: Put out some good movies on that line. The I can't even think of the title of it right now.
Speaker 3: They've put out they put out Congo Sidekicks. You're probably gonna say, Darryl is good.
Speaker 4: No, not Darryl earlier than that, Cloak and Dagger. I love Cloak and Dagger. The original Roadhouse is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Beast Master was VSU, show Girls was VSU Southern. That's a great movie that.
Speaker 2: Was vs U.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh okay, Well, anyways, the Garbage Filt Kids movie came out before Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles if I'm remembering correctly.
Speaker 2: Right, absolutely did, and the and.
Speaker 3: The suits that the Diminutive performers, where are you know, they're kind of prototypes almost for what you're going to see in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Really well done, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I said, genuinely like impressive practical effects in the movie, especially if you like gross out humor.
Speaker 2: Just not a great movie, not even a good movie.
Speaker 3: Such a weird era, man, like this was. This was this was the era where like somebody was like, hey, you know, to be cool Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider Hand, and somebody gave and somebody was like, yeah, that would be cool.
Speaker 2: You're so, let's give it a budget.
Speaker 3: And they get like a long running comic book, and you know what it is. It's cocaine. You know, the eighties, the eighties were the cocaine decade, and that's why eighties movies are so freaking nuts, you know. Uh, you know the nineties was heroin, so everything's like dark and depressing. Uh, and now you know everything's garden state.
Speaker 2: Well, on that note, let's talk about the next mysk.
Speaker 3: I missed cocaine, Like, it's don't do it, it's bad for you.
Speaker 2: But like if you're an artist, if you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna do a drug you know, go hard Man.
Speaker 2: Really endorsement for The Doctor tonight.
Speaker 4: Next up, let's talk about a four K release of Nacho Vigelando's Time Crimes from two thousand and seven coming from the Vinegar Syndrome line. I may be misremembering, and I would love to be fact checked, because I don't want to think that this is correct but also not correct. Somebody please share if I'm wrong here. I think this is the newest Vinegar Syndrome like mainline title now two thousand and seven, and it's not in a sub label. It's not a VSU, not a VSA, not anything like that, not a Degausser two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, probably because I think.
Speaker 4: The one before that was like American Murder, and I was like ninety six or something like that. Well dirty work, Oh yeah, that that was newer this year it's like that, yeah, and now Time Crimes is newer than that. So I believe this is the newest one. And this is two thousand and seven, and this is a two disc four K and blu ray set, newly scanned, restored from the thirty five millimeter di I. We've got a new commentator, new commentator, new commentary with Nacho, moderated by Justin Li Liberty. We've got archival commentary on here as well, a new interview with Nacho, new visual essay by doctor Valeria Viegis, Lindvall and m Emery.
Speaker 2: We've got an.
Speaker 4: Alternate chronological edit of Time Crimes. We've got an archival documentary from two thousand and eight, archival featurette footage from the Time Crimes promotional internet game that's thirty three minutes long.
Speaker 2: This is hilarious timing.
Speaker 4: Not this last weekend, but the weekend before that, before this was announced, we had the monthly Patreon watch along in our discord and I showed the short film seven to thirty five de la Manyana by Nacho Viglando, and it is on this disc now, which is really cool because it's a great short. We've got a forty page perfect bundbook with essays by Charles bram Mesco, Mary Beth mcanders and Katie Rife. And that is a pretty damn good movie and a pretty damn good release.
Speaker 3: D I man, that was a good band, Richard Hunt himself. You know that song? Yes, I don't know Time Crimes. This is this is all new to me.
Speaker 4: So wow, I would have sworn this would have been like a sneaky Will favorite.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Yeah, I think you'll like this a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, this is what keeps me as a subscriber, stuff that I just I would never get otherwise. And so I'm always excited that, like I know for sure that every month I'm going to get something that I have no familiarity.
Speaker 2: With, Brendan said.
Speaker 4: Joe Ruben did can firm on Punk Vacation that this is the newest film on the VS line.
Speaker 2: So that's good. I've still not finished that episode yet.
Speaker 3: So got so many damn podcasts on a network. Now, man, your media mogul, you're like the Howard Stern of the Internet.
Speaker 2: I think Howard serves the Howard Sern of the.
Speaker 3: Internet satellite radio. He doesn't do Internet. It's different.
Speaker 4: Anyways, So Time Crimes, this was hinted at a long time ago by Justin lit Liberty in my discord that this was coming, And just a reminder because I think we've talked about it on the show, but just in case you forgot, and this was hinted at a long time ago. This was into that when Umbrella released their Blu Ray or even announced their Blu ray He basically said, Hey, if you want Time Crimes, you might want to wait because it's He basically just said it's it's it's coming from some else in the US.
Speaker 2: He has said the same.
Speaker 4: Thing about a couple other titles, one being tank Girl.
Speaker 2: And one being Masters of the.
Speaker 3: Universe, that Masters of the Universe.
Speaker 4: That Masters of the Universe. Now that doesn't mean that Vinegar Center is doing it. It could just mean that he is aware of somebody.
Speaker 2: Else doing it. However, the way that.
Speaker 4: He said it about Time Crimes was exactly the same way that he said it about Masters.
Speaker 2: Of the Universe.
Speaker 4: So I mean to me, like Masters of the Universe is the perfect one to get a VSU style release.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so bring Dolph into the vs fold.
Speaker 2: I'm just throwing that out there.
Speaker 3: You know, when it comes to subscriptions, if you have the means deaf, Crocodile is probably my number one. And I'm not just saying that. Like the thing about Crocodile is you're always going to get something new like that you've ever heard of, which is what why you're my favorite label to work with because every time we work on a disc. I have to read like fifteen books, you know. Oh nice Greg, here I am. I'm trying to promote Deaf Crocodile, and Craig's like thrown in masturbatters of the Universe.
Speaker 2: Choke.
Speaker 3: I move on. I was gonna say, like, if you've got the money, prioritize your subscriptions. Right, Deaf Crocodile, Radiance, Vinegar Syndrome, terror Vision. Right, that's kind of like the order I would go in if I had.
Speaker 2: And that's not even all of them. That's the crazy thing. Who else does subscription? Uh, Treasured Films, oscilloscope?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 4: And is there one more? I feel like there's one more. We had talked about this one time.
Speaker 3: I'd just not everything if I could.
Speaker 2: You know, I cannot remember. I cannot remember the last one.
Speaker 3: I can't. Sorry, Radiance announcements. I'm over the moon.
Speaker 2: All right, there's a lot of good stuff this week. All right, we'll carry on.
Speaker 4: Next up, this is coming on Blu Ray this month from Vinegar Syndrome, and that is Shaw Scares Volume one. This covers he said, Radiance. Guys, everybody's shouting out. Radiance is the other one. He said, Radiance. That was right, after Deaf Crocodile. The films in Shaw Scars Volume one is Sex beyond the Grave, Hell has No Boundary and Haunted Tales. Gonna shout out Haunted Tales because we've got a commentary with Lance and Erica from Unsung Whores on that one. New commentary by Frank Jang on Hell has No Boundary. There's also an Internet or sorry an interview on that one, and then a commentary was Degan on Sex Beyond the Grave.
Speaker 2: This is a great looking.
Speaker 3: Release, Bruh. I just listened to Sam and Erica on erosplus Massacre talking about telephone horror, and now I get to listen to both of them talk about scary shascope movie. So this is great shot shotscope scary Shaw Brothers movie.
Speaker 4: Damn good release. Yeah, this looks great. Cannot wait to get this. Next up, another new sub label from Vinegar Syndrome. We get the first title in the Reviver line.
Speaker 3: They've got more sub sub labels than they do partner labels.
Speaker 4: Now almost This one says, over the past ten years, VS has become home to one of the largest archivally stored collections of film materials in the world. Although vs's curatorial focus has always been forgotten classics in the form of feature films produced between the sixties and nineties. The film Archive itself includes works of all types, genres, film formats and durations, with titles created as early as the nineteen twenties and as recently as the two thousands. Reviver, which is a new line of releases curated by the VS Film Archive, will let long last shed light onto films which might otherwise languish, may be forever.
Speaker 2: Forgotten to time.
Speaker 4: This line will focus on resurrecting films, both full length features and short films, which have gone missing for years, and this inaugural release will be offering the home video debut of a regional murder thriller lost for nearly a half century, alongside a trio of hometown shorts. To get you in the mood, But just like we only discovered these sorry, but just like we only discovered these films by watching them, we want you to experience the same delight, surprise, and bewilderment as the treasures or trash contain herein, unspooled before your eyes, with no other hints, titles, nor advance info given. Revivers a mystery box of cinematic oddities you won't soon forget.
Speaker 2: And then they go on.
Speaker 4: To even specify the pits from each reviver go directly to helping to fund the operations and upkeep of the VS Film Archive. Will point out too that the back of the release says fifteen reels of film make up the contents of this release. As in November twenty eight, twenty twenty five, VS Film Archive contains forty three and fifty nine reels of film.
Speaker 3: I'm a revival. I'm not gonna give up. I'm not gonna stop. That's my Destiny's Child impression.
Speaker 2: That's it's pretty all right.
Speaker 3: They should put me in Freddy versus Jason.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, this release, we got no information on the release. They released this with a limit on the slip cover because that's what they always do because it's vinegar syndrome and that limit which, by the way, when they when they first announce that it was limited to two thousand units, it sold so quickly in that first day that they said no, no, no, let's make it three thousand units, and so.
Speaker 2: They upped that that quick.
Speaker 4: We've got this newly scanned presented from its best surviving film Elements, which is a thirty five milimeter release print and it's an eighty minute film. There's a short location centric doc scan from its thirty five milimeter color reversal intermediate, a short horror film scan from its only sixteen milimeter reversal print, a short horror film scan from its super eight milimeter reversal original. There's Winding Through the Film, which is a disc exclusive, unredacted educational video from the VS Film archive that's fourteen minutes long. But I gotta ask, Will, how do you feel about them releasing this and not telling anybody the title and considering that this is likely going to be happening at least a few times a year.
Speaker 2: That's as an interesting risk to take.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, one thing that we learned John and I daily tabling at cons is that people love mystery boxes, right, Yeah. One of the one of the few things Terror Vision does well in terms of their advertising and distribution is their mystery boxes. Those motherfuckers sell out immediately. And this is kind of that, except even more intriguing because it's like, you, what, what, filmmakers, what could that? This could be some child's home video, it could be a major director's short films. It could be it's likely something in between. It could be excruciatingly painful to sit through, or it could be a total revelation. And because I don't know, and because it's nineteen ninety nine subscriber price, I'm going to get it. And based on whether this first one turns out to be a fun watch, that'll be like what decides whether I check more out. I think if you're going to do mystery releases, they've got to be priced reasonably, and so this is so I think that's a worthwhile experiment. I don't think you could do that with feature length standalone films, but like a grab bag of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, So Craig is saying, can't you wait until it's released and pay nineteen ninety nine for a title that you know what it is? You can't because it is fully sold out, there's not standard editions.
Speaker 3: I can't get it.
Speaker 2: All three thousand sold already.
Speaker 3: Oh well that changes my response. I was waiting for pay day and apparently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all three thousand of the sold out in like a day and a half.
Speaker 3: Well that was the point. I guess.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling that Orbit and Diabolic will be getting some of them in. Uh so, if you absolutely must have it, that would be your chance to jump on them. But yeah, you cannot. You cannot buy it from the site. Three thousand of these sold in like forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: You want units? I got some units?
Speaker 2: Wow, So I'm overall okay. Did you order the Yeah? Fuck you, dude.
Speaker 4: I am overall okay with this happening, with them putting out a mystery title every so often, I'm okay with them because any of these will likely never get to release any other way.
Speaker 2: I'm overall okay with that. The only thing about this I feel.
Speaker 4: A little weird is that they specifically mention the profits from these releases go directly to helping the VS film archive.
Speaker 2: Where were all the profits going before? Where are the profits? Where? Everything else? Is that? Who's yacht are we funding? I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sold out. I went to the website to see if you were a liar, and you weren't.
Speaker 2: This time this time. All right, that's enough about Reviver.
Speaker 4: I'm also curious to see if this is how they release it, like if it's actually gonna come with this big red one on the front. At this point, with how entitled VS fanboys have called them out on stuff. I have a feeling it's gonna look exactly like this, so I'm curious.
Speaker 3: I'm bold man.
Speaker 2: Next up, there is a four K available of the film from nineteen eighty six at Close Range that is now a part of the cinematograph line.
Speaker 4: This is starring Sean Penn and Christopher Walkin. You can purchase it with a Fall twenty twenty five Journal of American Cinema that they are doing their little zene Per cinematograph. This is gonna have a new commentary with Bill Ackerman and Jim Laskowski. Shout out to Jim his first commentary, Glad You're on it. We've got archival commentary on here as well. New video interview with Christopher Walkin. They got Walkin to do a new interview for this, which is super rare. We got a new interview with Sean Penn.
Speaker 3: He goes I grew a stash.
Speaker 2: That's the whole interview. They didn't justify the length because that's all it was. New interview with Sean Penn.
Speaker 4: We've got a new interview with the casting to directors, new visual essay by Chris O'Neil, Some archival extras on here, and then there is a short location video of key geographic locations. We've got new text essays by Christina Cacioppo. We've got Matt Lynchen here as well Adrian Martin and then Dan Mecha at Close Range is a damn good film.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts from you?
Speaker 3: I said, I do the movie, but only if I had a statue.
Speaker 2: Whatever. I am reading what c g TV just said and trying to see if there is.
Speaker 4: I see on I see it says a standard edition will be made available in the future on our website and it's select retailers. Thanks cg TV.
Speaker 3: Plus about that's cool. Go ahead, read through to the fucking words on the screen.
Speaker 2: I did, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I don't need to be here.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: I want you to talk about a close range I did, Okay, I'll carry on. Then you can also order. This is not on four K, but it is on Blu Ray. That was my mistake because I copy and paste the pink line got the second release. This is the Hisseasu Sato Volume number two. This will include in an Aria on Gaze's aka The Bedroom and in Love minus zero Equals Affinity. This will include a forty page perfect bound book with writing by Jasper Sharp, Haley Scanlon, and Felipe Fertado. We've got a commentary by Pierce Conran and critic James Marsh. We got an interview with the director, interview with the actress, and then I Love minus zero equals Affinity. We've got a commentary with Jasper Sharp, an interview with the director, and then a locations featurette with the director as well. Love that they came out so quick with the volume two. Volume one is now arriving in everybody's hands. I'm seeing a bunch of review showing up on letterbox, people finally watching these. The only thing that is kind of odd to me on this release is that the first one was three films, this one is two films, and maybe they only have five films from Sato and it's a kind of a weird way to put those together. However, they were the same price. I feel like, if we're getting one less film, let's not make it the same price. But if you got more to come, you could have made it three films.
Speaker 2: On this one as well.
Speaker 4: Anyways, anybody checked out the first Sato release yet, any thoughts on those films. I'd love to see what people are thinking, because I hope that people are buying these and they're doing well. Any sato thoughts from you or you just done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got the first one. I was actually rateful that there was a snag because Vinegar Syndrome gave like a coupon to everybody who had like ordered it and then had to wait, and so I used that coupon to get the second one. But it's a they're really good at psychology, the Vinegar Syndrome people. Yeah, they're like, oh, we made a mistake. Here's a coupon that like basically covers tack the tax if you'll buy the second one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did.
Speaker 3: I did. I haven't even watched the first stuff on the first one yet, but I've already ordered the second.
Speaker 2: Nice. Nice, nice nice. Then.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: One of the larger announcements from them, We've got a four K release.
Speaker 2: Of Behind the Green Door.
Speaker 4: This is the first first title coming from the Mitchell Brothers film group line that is now a part of Melu Scene. There are oh gosh, I can't remember the exact number. It's like twenty five films in the Mitchell Brothers film group line that are coming on. This is ay three disc set. We've got the four K Blu ray and a CD of the soundtrack. We've got the seventy one minute feature presentation Behind the Green Door, presented with HDR and newly restored from the sixteen millimeter reversal ab rolls with multiple different sound options. We've got a future length audio commentary with Maryland Chambers biographer Jared Stearns.
Speaker 2: We've got a Blu ray disc with everything on the.
Speaker 4: Four K plus preserving the legacy of Maryland Chambers from soap to Superstar. Behind the Mitchell Brothers Film Group, featurette winding through Behind the Green Door, an audio interview with the actor George McDonald moderated by Ashley West from the rialto report eight millimeter digest version Behind the Green Door, some trailers, and then a twenty four page booklet with the original short story from Behind the Green Door, plus an eleven x seventeen replica Japanese one sheet poster. We've also got the bonus CD with the original soundtrack. Like I said, this is a crazy great release for the first one. This is really cool that they're doing all of these from the Mitchell Brothers Film Group, and I hope they do well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one's.
Speaker 2: Neat John Cena's favorite movie, is it.
Speaker 4: There's a memed moment where he got asked his favorite movie and like one of these variety asking celebrities moments, and somebody quickly asked him and he set it off the cuff and one of his co stars was with him.
Speaker 2: He said, oh, what's that one? And he went, that's funny.
Speaker 4: Then the next day we got a whole bunch of partner label announcements, so let's get into those as well. First up is from Shutter and this is the Advent Calendar from twenty twenty one. This is gonna have an audio commentary by Mary Beth mc andrews.
Speaker 2: We got a new video introduction to the movie by.
Speaker 4: The director, book a new writing by Ambertee, and this is one.
Speaker 2: I think this was a Shutter movie that I missed. Did you see the Advent Calendar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't watched it yet, but it's a you know, it's a Christmas harror movie French, right, it's French.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe so.
Speaker 3: I thought it looked pretty cool. I've seen the trailer, but I haven't watched it yet, but now I shall.
Speaker 2: Next up is from Umbrella.
Speaker 4: They have put this discout in Australia, but now it's here in the US. You got The Chain Reaction from nineteen eighty. The stunts in this one were staged by George Miller, the George Miller from Mad Max. This is directed by Ian Barry. This is going to have the extended not quite Hollywood interviews with the cast members. We've got some featurettes on here, trailers, TV spot, image gallery at a booklet with new writing by Alexandra Nicholas, who is kind of everywhere.
Speaker 2: The Chain Reaction. I've never seen this one, no nor I.
Speaker 3: But you know anything that the happy Feet guy does, I'm interested in.
Speaker 2: Paul in the chat says it's so good and highly recommended.
Speaker 3: I will say this the title that I'm most excited to talk about if we talk about it. No, we're not. It's already been announced.
Speaker 2: Well, now I'm confused.
Speaker 3: Which one the George Miller film that I think is one of the best films ever made.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's already been announced. Sadly we've gone over here about it.
Speaker 3: Babe, Pig in the City, it's a master cannot wait to get that four K Just the greatest film does it when you know, when Gene Dielman got named the greatest film of all time, I was okay with it. But what delegitimized the list is that they Pig in the City wasn't on it. I would have ranked at number two, behind Jane Dillman, but it should have been on there. Babe, Pig in the City one of the greatest things in the history of cinema. So yes, I will be checking out the chain reaction because George Miller deserves the respect.
Speaker 2: That he does, even though he only states the stunts.
Speaker 3: Next up is only I'm fast forwarding through every dance.
Speaker 4: This is from IFC and it is Christmas Eve in Miller's point, yet another one that I meant to see last year and did not get a chance to see. This is going to have a new video interview with the director and the co writer. Trailer a book of new writing by Brandon Strue, double side of fulled out poster insert with new art by Michael Deforge and the original art, and then it says here refraction glasses included with the limited edition only.
Speaker 2: I am very curious to see what happens with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what refraction Glasses do Well.
Speaker 4: Kerrie Mulligan says it was excruciating to watch, so maybe it makes it less excruciating, but I'm betting probably not.
Speaker 3: So you did not see this one five times in the theater.
Speaker 2: Or or they did, and that's why it's excruciating.
Speaker 4: Next up one that I've heard is incredible film movement putting out Girgirlstown from nineteen ninety six, directed by Jim McKay mid nineties New York City. Patty Angela, Emmy, Emma, and Nikki are high school seniors and best friends preparing for life beyond graduation. This is by Lily Taylor, Brooklyn Harris and a Grace and recent Oscar nominee Onngreen new Ellis Taylor.
Speaker 2: This is the award winning.
Speaker 4: Sun Dance Indy co written by the actors in collaboration with the first time filmmaker Jim McKay. This is going to have a making of conversation with the director Selexcene commentaries. It is going to have a trailer and a twenty page booklet with the essay by Julia Gunnison Tell me about Girls Town, Sir.
Speaker 3: Love Girls Town. It's a great movie. At one point when I was in college. I lived in an apartment with a whole bunch of lesbians, so all we watched was Girls Town and Foxfire, like over and over the only movies. Girls Town's legit good. It's a great movie.
Speaker 4: Can you ask guy how much it would cost to have me be able to hire her just to add lib after you all night? Because that was incredible comedic timing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my wife's funny, dude, like, not even like funny for a girl, just like funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she can vouched. I was not.
Speaker 3: I'm not exaggerating. I lived in Girls Town. They were all up. I didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm telling you that these lesbians loved you.
Speaker 3: Because I'm an ally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, the point is.
Speaker 3: I was very fortunate to get a cinematic education in nineties lesbian cinema and Girls Town and Foxfire like the touchstones. Girls Town in particular is really really good Lily Taylor. I think, next to the addiction, this might be her best performance.
Speaker 2: Good tonight to know? Yeah right, No.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Next up is from phil Movement again. This is Love's Whirlpool from twenty fourteen. This is about six strangers. This is about six strangers meeting in an underground sex club in Japan for a night of anonymous pleasure. While first timers and regulars collide, each member's attitude towards sex and satisfaction becomes challenged as their kinks and inhibitions began to reveal more than they were initially willing to let on. This is directed by Dice kim Yura. We're going to interview with the director and English subtitles. And that's all you're getting. That is all I know about that. Yeah, I'm sure you look confused as well. Is this not one you've seen?
Speaker 3: All the other extras were washed away down the drain. You know what have been funny is that they've gotten heather drained to write about it. That's what like. If I was producing this disc, I'd like, get me a heather drain. We're doing we're doing that.
Speaker 4: I love that you say that right as Carrie Bulligin says, here comes that Late Night nor McDonald humor from will.
Speaker 2: All right? Enough about that?
Speaker 3: Does Canadian International they didn't have release this time, did they?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 4: In their newsletter they said that they were taking a couple months off and they were going to be coming back strong.
Speaker 3: So m.
Speaker 4: Next up is also from Film Movement. This is nineteen ninety six's Shall We Dance? This is a big deal. Lots lots of people were after this title. This is regent a locked new intro by the director. Archival interviews with the director in cast and English subs. Have you seen shall We Dancer?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It's good. It's infinitely touching. That's my new favorite phrase. According to the Washington Post, this movie is infinitely touching. That sounds like that sounds like a category of crime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that I was quote. They chose to run with.
Speaker 3: Infinitely touching.
Speaker 4: Next up is from Saturn's Core, and it is two thousand's Hardcore Poisoned Eyes.
Speaker 3: Uh, that sounds like that sounds like the title of an issuela grind song. What's up, everybody?
Speaker 2: This is a new one.
Speaker 3: It's called Hardcore poison Eyes.
Speaker 2: I love it. Tonight we got Beyonce and that Let's fucking go. Oh man, that was great.
Speaker 4: This is gonna have a new director's cut, restored on the supervision of the director, new twenty twenty five commentary with the director moderated by Ross from Saturn's Core. New transfer of the two thousand directors cut from the original master tapes archival two thousand commentary with the director as well. There's a new twenty fifth anniversary feature length documentary featuring new interviews with the director, cinematographer and the actresses. Archival behind the scenes archival interviews. There is going to be a bunch of short films as well. Yeah again Saturn's core stacked release. Absolutely ridiculous. Interested in this one.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm always copying masters. I am a chronic master taper.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next up is from Utopia and it is Hot Spring Shark Attack from last year, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, directed by Merito and Niown. This is going to be a Region eight.
Speaker 3: What that was great? I thought you did a good job with him.
Speaker 4: Thanks Region a lock blu ray, audio commentary by the ad and special effects coordinator and then the writer and director as well. Crowdfunding, promotional video, social media trailers, monster film festival trailer, fake news trailer, Hotspot shark trailer, recording the musical score, footage of the three D billboard advertisement in Shinjuku, making the practical effects, making the visual effects. Themed from Hot Spring Shark Attack, music video, audience footage, and a booklet. New writing by a friend of the show Sam Cohen, and that is hot Spring Shark Attack.
Speaker 3: You know, I've never been confident in my drawing ability, but now I feel like I could paid for it.
Speaker 4: This is a highly sought after artist as well, and I am not kidding about Uh have you not seen his style before? Because people love his stuff. This this is Johnny Ryan.
Speaker 2: Uh, pretty pretty big artist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm sorry to offend you.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I feel like I can I feel like I can do that.
Speaker 2: I know I can't do that. I'm awful and everything art. Uh.
Speaker 4: Next up is from AGFA and uh gosh, this is an exciting release.
Speaker 2: This is so cool.
Speaker 4: The Crazy Kids Video Party is here, another compilation from them. Uh sort of a weirdo mixtape of Something Weird items uh, and it says in nineteen ninety Something Weird Video mesmerized the generation of film fanatics by unearthing the most widely surreal genre films of all time, all via the magic of VHS. Crazy Kids Video Party is a loving tribute to those Catho tube fueld days, featuring five ranged kiddy features, all preserved from the original Something Weird SVHS masters. This collection serves as a time machine to a beloved era in home video history, and we get The Big Bad Wolf from nineteen fifty seven, Fun in balloon Land from nineteen sixty five, Polly Pockets from nineteen sixties, The Princess and the Magic Frog from nineteen sixty five, and then The Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors from nineteen sixty three. We are looking at some trailers and driving snipes that are also going to be on here as well, and then the full uninterrupted program. If you want to watch all five films at once, all night slumber Party mode is available.
Speaker 2: Not at once, but back to back.
Speaker 4: Dang Brenda says, man cannot wait for this to come in, even though I just watched through the Drugaramo when they came prior and it was entirely trash.
Speaker 3: You know, I was earlier extolling the virtues of cocaine, but acid and mushrooms are good too, good good shutout. You know. November twenty third isn't just the day JFK was assassinated. It was also the day that Aldus Huxley died, and on his deathbed he wrote down a dosage of acid that he was to be given so that at the moment of his passing he could become one with the Godhead. And I hope to people do something like that myself, perhaps while watching Crazy ca It's video Party all four features at once while being injected with.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, On that note, maybe you could be the Legend of mex Man, which is the next title. This is coming from the Canalog this month, and this is documentary ish audio commentary with the director Josh Poland and it is moderated by Elijah Drenner. We got some deleted scene selection of short films from the director as well, twenty eighteen Slam Dance Q and a some animation tests and then an essay by Alex lay On here as well.
Speaker 3: Funny enough, this movie was followed up by a film produced by Christy Nong called The Recruitment of Iceman.
Speaker 4: Jeezus Mister Whateverism wants to point out that JFK was assassinated on the November twenty second.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, I'm high.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, that's hilarious. Next up is coming from Brainstorm Media. It is Marmalade from twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: He's correct, by the way, or they're they're correct, by the way, good mistake. The twenty third is meaningless. The twenty second that's the.
Speaker 2: Day this one.
Speaker 4: Recently incarcerated Baron, who is played by Joe Keery from Stranger Things, strikes up a friendship with a cellmate, otis a man with a well versed history of prison breaks. As the pair hatch an escape plan together, Baron recalls the story of how he met Marmalade, the love of his life, and their Bonnie and cly style scheme d rob a bank in order to care for his sick mother and give the couple the life they've always dreamed of. I'll have an audio commentary by the director, behind the scenes, photo gallery, costume, sketch, gallery, trailer, and that is it.
Speaker 2: It's me Joe Kerey's kind of everywhere lately you feel.
Speaker 3: Like November twenty third. My mistake November twenty third was, of course the Battle of Chattanooga.
Speaker 2: I see how you got those mixed up.
Speaker 3: And also the debut of Doctor Who in nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 4: And then they promptly recorded over a bunch of Doctor Who Masters.
Speaker 3: Next time, which is funny. Right the day after JFK dies and all this hucksy dies doctor who premieres who could have saved but they did.
Speaker 4: If only Yeah, Icarus is putting out a Martine Rumanak. I hope that's how you say that Roumanak one of the two. This is from nineteen forty six, and uh looks pretty incredible. Some big stars in this one, including Marlena Dietrich, her daughter just died.
Speaker 3: Did not hear that last week age one hundred, Geez didn't have a good childhood apparently. Apparently Marlene Dietrich was not the most supportive mother.
Speaker 2: M it's too bad. We gotta buckled in this one as well, with an essay by Blanding Etienne and that's all we got. Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: No, but I'm I'm definitely gonna Uh what a cast?
Speaker 4: Itchris puts out pretty much nothing but great movies so so far. Next up, which is also artwork from Johnny Ryan. This is coming from Factory twenty five. And this is the Mike Diana film collection. That should not say nineteen forty six because this is not from nineteen forty six, But this this is You knew about this, I knew about what this release. We talked about this when when I helped further release.
Speaker 3: I don't call you tell me anything about it.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 4: So this is about Mike Diana who was arrested for no I helped facilitate one of the commentaries or both of the commentaries, and we got Erica and Lance. Their episode on Blood Brothers is on the disc.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, you did tell me that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Mike was arrested, went to trial and was convicted in the nineteen nineties for his comic books literally for just being too.
Speaker 2: Uh what is is it up?
Speaker 3: The Yeah, that's the Let's Like and Boiled Angels, directed by Frankken and Lauda. The documentary about about it is great and everybody should see it. But and let's be clear, freedom of speech is important.
Speaker 2: But they're.
Speaker 3: They're fucking disturbing. Yes, it's like it's not like this cover like, that's not what he got in trouble for. It's way worse, way worse.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: So yes, this includes nineteen nineties Bake Baby Jesus with It, It includes the Blood Brothers. It includes short films from him with some new intros, including the Shed two, Deadly Punk, Toolbox Massacre, and then of course the infamously titled feed Us on Toast. There is a compilation reel of nineteen eighties eight millimeter films, including The Shed, Nuclear Energy and other unfinished shorts.
Speaker 2: There's some outtakes on here.
Speaker 4: There's a Blood Family diary with Mike Diana's mom, brother, sister, and nephew discussing the making of his movies. There is a discussion between Mike Diana and Deed Formats convention organizer Noel Huffman. There's a discussion between Mike Diana and Victor Bonacor. There is a discussion between Mike Diana and John Michael McCarthy. There's a visual essay by Mike Hunchback on here front of the show Mike Hunchback, and then the unsun Horres episode on the Blood Brothers film is on here as well. There's a commentary on both films by Mike Diana, Noel Huffman, and Mike Hunchback, plus a booklet by Mike Diana with artifacts and comics.
Speaker 2: This is a crazy release to be.
Speaker 4: Coming from Factory twenty five, like this does not line up with anything that they had put up before. That being said, I do recommend this one. This is kind of a piece of history and you get kind of everything with this I do. Obviously Will is going to really hammer home I bet because he did already mention it. I wish the Henn and Lotter documentary was with it, but they could not get the rights. And from the sound of it, we might be getting a release in the next year or two, hopefully from somebody. That's not a guarantee, but obviously if there's something holding up, it's possible that somebody.
Speaker 2: Else is already working on it. Cool. Any of the thoughts about Mike and the obscenity and Henn and latter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is definite family fun. Maybe I finally found the movie that my kids will watch with dad.
Speaker 2: Can we watch Big Baby Jesus again? This fetus on.
Speaker 3: Toast, This beautiful black cat that is on my chest now is Clouseau as an enre cluseeau, not inspector, and he is a very wet kisser.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next up is from the new partner label Wild Eye, and it is Model Hunger from twenty sixteen the w Rashaan filman. This one stars Lynn Lowry, Tiffany sheppis Brian Fortune.
Speaker 2: That is the length of the names that I recognize from this.
Speaker 4: Complete non censored director's cut, twenty twenty four commentary with w ra Seawan, twenty twenty four commentary with James Morgart and Adam Turkle on archival commentary from twenty fifteen with the director and one of the actors. An audio essay by Alexander Heller Nicholas career retrospective on debut Rashwan, some interviews, lots of interviews on this, and then a twenty four page book of new intro and short story.
Speaker 2: I've never seen Model Hunger. How's this one? Oh?
Speaker 3: It's great Wi Wi Rashwan is a legend and gosh, it's worth buying this just for the interviews much.
Speaker 2: Tons of interviews.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's a long time since I've seen it. So this is I This was one of my day one orders and I think it belongs in any self respecting centophiles collection.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next up is from Enjoy the Ride Records, and that is never More The Raven Effect. This is a newer documentary and it is about uh. Is the guy's name a Raven? Yes, Raven's entry into the ECW where he brought a darker, more Rebellious Energy. Supposedly this is a great documentary. We've got a trailer and deleted scenes on here. Are you buying many of the documentaries from partner labels? I had a conversation on this this week. Are many people buying documentaries on physical media to rewatch?
Speaker 3: Have I bought ETR media releases.
Speaker 4: Not just ETR, any of the partner labels? Are you buying documentaries for rewatch?
Speaker 3: Quote the raven sometimes yeah, quote sometimes on occasion.
Speaker 4: More what about all you watching? Are you buying documentaries on physical media to rewatch? I'd love to everybody watching. I'd love to find out.
Speaker 3: I didn't get pavements. I can tell you that much.
Speaker 4: Silent Mannibal says, I just bought until a light takes us.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next up is from Connie and it is Pink Cut and Top Stripper from nineteen eighty two and nineteen eighty three. These are a pair of Nikatsu Roman porno films.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be What was that about?
Speaker 3: It's just it's just funny to hear you say certain phrases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say it again, not even Nikatsu Roman Porno.
Speaker 3: No no, a pair of Nikatsu Roman Porno Oh pair?
Speaker 2: Sorry no, no, a pair. I know that was a joke. Never mind, No, I just like to hear.
Speaker 3: You read it. There's something in the rhythm of it and the alliteration.
Speaker 2: A pair of Nakatsu Roman porno.
Speaker 3: Films, Well that you took the you took the energy out of it.
Speaker 2: The pair of Nakatsu Roman porno films.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not gonna be where recaptured it. I'll tell you this. I went to order it and the slipcovers were gone after like thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: So there is an interview with the producer on this. There is going to be a couple of introductions on a booklet with an on set photographs.
Speaker 2: Of new writing from Aaron Garrow. And this looks like a damn fine release.
Speaker 3: I've got the I've got the Brazilian edition. There's no there's no outerwear workshopping, all right, next up to go back to answer your question. Yeah, I've bought a ton of documentaries from partner labels, and I've got shit tons of documentaries in my collection.
Speaker 4: And well, I'll say this is coming from a question. I guess a discussion that I had with somebody that runs one of these labels this week that they are worried about putting out documentaries because they feel like many people don't pick them up because there's not a lot of rewatchability documentaries.
Speaker 3: I strenuously disagree with the idea that there's not rewatchability, although I can't say that for everybody, right, But I love watching documentaries multiple times just as much as narrative films or experimental films. You learn new stuff, you see more. I mean, documentaries are showcases for great editing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know, as somebody who for the last couple of years has really been working hard on developing skill and visual essays, which is a type a genre documentary, I've probably come to appreciate it even more. Watching my sister as a documentary editor has has been very instructive and of course, like what half of Werner Herzog's films.
Speaker 4: Can I just say, I am on your side on this. They were worried about putting them out. I was absolutely for saying that. No, like document the first of all, they deserve good releases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good movie is a good movie if it's you know, if it's a shitty document But like one of my favorite documentaries of the night, like Hype uh, deer punk broke. I mean, there's so many so I mean, but I guess it just depends on the title. I don't I don't know. I mean maybe people in the Chad. Most people in the Chad who are responding say they're into yeah, documentaries, even if they're left wing propaganda. I myself, I am a big fan of who's that guy who had to go to jail for his Hillary Clinton documentary? That's the name of that dude that right wing activists that makes documentaries.
Speaker 2: Oh god, false, I'm not gonna remember his name. But yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: For the best. Yeah, I love I love documentaries me too, nanuk Man, I put that on like any Friday, I call it. I call my friends. I'm like Bruh six back in the Nuke of the North, and my friends were liked SUSA. That's what I was trying to think of. Like, so, if if your if your friend is talking about putting out a dish to SUSA documentary, I will not buy it. No, But if it's if it's literally anything else, I'll check it out.
Speaker 2: God Like Hoop Dreams is one of my favorite Criterion releases.
Speaker 3: I love it. Doc Oh my god. That makes me sad every time because you know they're not gonna make it, and then then.
Speaker 2: Somehow I keep open for the best that they never make.
Speaker 3: It, like hour five and you're like, I think he's got it. I think he's gonna break through.
Speaker 2: Oh that's hilarious, all right.
Speaker 4: Next up is from VHS Hit Best and it is Psychotropic Overload from nineteen ninety four. This one sounds crazy, says a psychiatrist, a fashion photographer, and a detective find their lives intertwined in a curious case involving the disappearance of several male models.
Speaker 2: Stephen Callahan is a well.
Speaker 4: Respected therapist and he has just taken on a new client named Christian, who's an aspiring fashion photographer who suffers from a series of bizarre and violent fantasies. As the fantasies become more vivid, Stephen becomes suspicious.
Speaker 2: These are more than just random thoughts.
Speaker 4: Simultaneously found im out detective Tim Peroski is faced with a series of murders and disappearances of several male models. This is one of the most unique independent horror movies of the nineties. It is a very Hitchcockian movie and cleverly blends the video format with eight millimeter and sixteen millimeter film elements. We are so excited for this to get a new audience, and I think it will genuinely surprise you how well made it is, says Dan from VHS hit Fest. This is going to have an audio commentary with the director and one of the actors, audio commentary with the director, that is archival making of doc, a critical response, fan appreciation, and a press gallery.
Speaker 2: It sounds pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: This looks like a great movie for kids who don't read so good.
Speaker 2: But why male models?
Speaker 3: I think, well, I think psycho.
Speaker 2: What's it called psychotropic overload?
Speaker 3: That's like, that's the pose right there, blue steel on the cover, psychotropic overload.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Next up is from I have seen it as Sightseers from twenty twelve. Have you seen sight Seers? I've only heard everybody gushing over this since it was announced. I was very curious if you'd seen it.
Speaker 3: That is such a gross word.
Speaker 2: Gushing, Yeah, I could say worst.
Speaker 4: This is directed by Ben Wheatley, who also did kill List, and I love kill List, so I'm very curious about this one.
Speaker 2: We get a new commentary by it's a.
Speaker 3: Very moist movie.
Speaker 4: New commentary by Kim Newman and Sean Hogan. We got a commentary with Ben Wheeley and some of the actors. Commentary with Ben Wheatley and the DP Lori Rose. We've got a making of doc at outtake interviews with a bunch of people involved with the film as well.
Speaker 2: Book it with me.
Speaker 4: Writing by Heidi Honeycut, who I've been talking to you recently.
Speaker 2: So that's nice to see. Yeah, sight seers.
Speaker 3: Wheatley, Rose and Honeycut.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: If only they've gotten Richard kern an introduction. Wow, oh okay, I'll check it out.
Speaker 4: Next up is from CARTOONA that's from twenty twenty three to Sultana's Dream. This looks really great actually, the art style and this is incredible. It says it's a poetic crazy it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It says it's a poetic, political, and visually dazzling celebration of feminist thought across time and thirty eight people just took it out of their carts at once, A tribute to a forgotten pioneer and rallying cry for new.
Speaker 2: Ways of seeing. It offers a powerful reminder. It offers a powerful reminder to imagine another world is the first step towards building it. This will have a director and writers commentary, making of some short films, and that is it.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm not a huge fan of the Twilight franchise, but I gotta say, did you see Kristin Sewart's speech from last week where she talked about the dearth of opportunities for women filmmakers?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, God, that feels like I was a month ago, but yes, yes I did, and she.
Speaker 3: Was one hundred percent right, and and you know, took the moment of being platformed to to really say something important. And I I was like, yeah, you know, like there was a moment where it looked like things were starting to turn and then poof, you know. And I mean there's still several like high profile women directors who have kind of broken through, but the struggle is real and and a film like this, Wow, you know how exciting the trail I watched the trailer. Of course I've never heard of it because the the boy media industry, it's these things, but this looks great. I'm excited to see it. Mhm.
Speaker 2: The boy media is a hilarious new phrase that I want to use often.
Speaker 3: No, it's a paraphrase from Jennifer's body. I need tell it's boy run media. I think that's that is true.
Speaker 4: I am celebrating the Kristen Stewart speech this weekend by going to see the new Robert Pattinson.
Speaker 3: Film Damn Dude, That's cold, brother.
Speaker 2: Hey at least its directed by Lynn Ramsay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's cool.
Speaker 4: Next and final partner label of the month is a music box putting out you Are not Me from twenty twenty three Wild Cover on this this is well that looks pretty good, but a commentary by Alexander Heler Nicholas. That's like the nineteenth time I've said her name.
Speaker 2: Tonight, we got some.
Speaker 4: Interviews, we've got a deleted scene, nine Steps Award winning short film. We've got eleven eleven short image gallery have not seen this one, but this looks good.
Speaker 3: Every time I hear music Box, like somebody say the name of this label, I can't help but think of There was this movie in the seventies called Chatterbox.
Speaker 2: If you're heard of this, I've heard of the film, yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's about it's about a woman with the talking vagina. So I'm guessing you haven't seen Chatterbox.
Speaker 2: Nope, not at all.
Speaker 3: I think it's on Amazon Prime or something. So every time I hear a music Box release, I can't help but think of Chatterbox and music Box being anyway, what is this movie? It's about a.
Speaker 2: Pig, it says.
Speaker 4: Itana returns home for the first time in three years, excited to introduce her wife and their adopted infant son to her extended family and celebrate Christmas together.
Speaker 3: Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 4: The family villa in the Spanish countryside is exactly as she remembers, except for the addition of Nadia, a Romanian refugee who has claimed Ititana's bedroom, her clothes, and her family heirlooms. Why have Ititana's conservative parents, long suspicious of immigrants, embraced the mysterious Nadia with such uncharacteristic warmth. Is Nadia a shrewd usurper or an unwitting vessel for darker forces spreading across the land? A twisty thriller that locates the uncanny and the reflexive cordiality of the holiday season. You Are Not Me is a dark and disturbing dispatch from the most irrational Realm family.
Speaker 3: The trailer for this looks awesome. It does absolutely awesome. I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 4: And Alexandra Heller Nicholas went out of her way to post on I think it was Blue Sky how much she recommends this movie, which is the main reason I hopped on this immediately. It does look incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's it's so weird the storyline, right, this this family who is like anti immigrant that embraces Romane refugee. Yeah, it's kind of like, it's kind of like.
Speaker 2: Well, nevermind, what's it like? Will come on?
Speaker 3: I was gonna make a Nick Fuinte's joke, but I'm gonna let it go.
Speaker 2: Come on, share with the grope. Well, yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Right all right, coming soon on Blu Ray from Keno Larber. Here in the US is Swashbuckler from nineteen seventy six with Robert Shaw, James Earl, Joined, James Earl, Jones, Peter Boyle, Boat Bridges, and Jelkie Houston won Sid Hague.
Speaker 2: I've never seen swash schwash Barkler.
Speaker 3: Wow. I mean it's probably the greatest cast ever assembled for a movie at.
Speaker 2: A high Mark. High Mark, I mean, look at that.
Speaker 3: Have you like and a cast of actors who, like you, would never think of being together.
Speaker 4: It's kind of crazy when Angelica Houston is basically a footnote.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, this is This is like one of the top five announcements of the of the week in my opinion. This is sweet.
Speaker 2: Next up one that many did you did you have more?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean reputationally swashbucklers kind of like met Yeah. I just want to see all those actors in the same like shot.
Speaker 4: You know it was released by imprint. I will throw that out for everybody. But yes. Next up, Harry and the Henderson's coming to four K from Keno here soon. This is, of course John Litgow, Melinda Dylan, Kevin, Peter Hall, and Emtt Walsh.
Speaker 2: Bigfoot Yetti movie. H executive producer Selberg.
Speaker 3: Don't conflate your cryptids. They're totally different ecosystems. I know, I know, all right, Just it's big thing.
Speaker 2: Sorry dad.
Speaker 3: The Yetti movie is Larry and Linderson's.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I've not seen this movie probably since the nineties. I need to see this again.
Speaker 3: It's so sad. Watching John Lithgow act in this movie is one of the funnest things I've ever done.
Speaker 2: I love him so much, just.
Speaker 3: Like you know, spoiler alert, they can't keep him and.
Speaker 2: Not the Bigfoot Lithgow.
Speaker 3: And watching Lithgow like be heartbroken over it's so it's you know, you know, I don't I generally don't like actors, but when I see someone totally sell that moment, hats off, John Lithgow. You're amazing. Actually, the entire cast is amazing. To be able to like do this straight faced, it's amazing. It's totally awesome. Really, it's like you spoiled The Hoop Dreams and Harry in the interests.
Speaker 4: Can we get a sequel to this called Harry and the Hoop Dreams And it's secretly a teen Wolf trilogy film too?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: What there was a what was that movie?
Speaker 2: Where was it?
Speaker 3: Like Kevin Bacon going to Africa as an NBA scout? Is that a movie? Am I making that up?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: Kevin Bacon?
Speaker 2: If it's not being made up, somebody should make that.
Speaker 3: Now the air up there? What's that?
Speaker 2: Is that a movie? I mean that that sounds familiar? The air.
Speaker 3: Up there? Kevin Bacon?
Speaker 2: Kevin Bacon, a basketball coach travels to Africa to recruited new star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Paul Glazerow Nicky's dad.
Speaker 2: Is it really? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was quite relevant. She's a hosting Saturday Night Live. Tomorrow is really Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what'd you say? What did you say originally tomorrow? I I, it's all it's about to be Friday. That's why I was saying that Friday day, Friday Day. All right? So that's Harry and Henderson's.
Speaker 3: Harry and Henderson's and four K. Are you kidding me? I'm still lating on tears, Little Black Tiger on Blu Ray and we can we get Harry and Anderson's four K. That's amazing according to Wikipedia, no relation.
Speaker 2: I did not think there was. All right.
Speaker 4: Next up, the the big question that everybody had for a couple of weeks and all kinds of other people on the internet made answers for is exactly the way that I said was going to happen. Groove has announced that they are the new official home of Shout Studios titles. No not gloating and telling other people to shut up until you find the answer out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally, wow, somebody has gotten are you.
Speaker 2: That was I'll say it straight to a couple of them. Wow, Yeah, don't come around with you.
Speaker 3: Don't come around the neighborhood no more do you.
Speaker 4: For the record, these are not going to be exclusive to Groove. They are still going to be carried on Amazon and Diabolic and Orbit and Atomic and Brother Blile and Odyssey Movies and everywhere else that you buy all of your films from. They are at the moment at least not carrying any of the posters and pins and lobby cards and all those stuff that you come to love and pack away and never look at again. There is a highlighted hub section on their homepage so you can go check out everything that's all Shout Factory. That being said, there's still some people worried because their announcements for this month kind of light on titles.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about those in just a moment.
Speaker 4: And at least one of their upcoming titles has leaked, we will talk about that as well. That is not in a list of announcements. But yeah, Groove carrying Shout. One of the big things is free shipping. You don't have to worry about eight dollars shipping anymore. Everything here is free as far as shipping.
Speaker 3: To. You still get super long boxes to accommodate the tiny posters.
Speaker 4: Well, like I just said that, they're not carrying any posters at the moment.
Speaker 2: We don't know if they will yet.
Speaker 3: Oh did you literally just say that?
Speaker 2: I just literally did.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, somebody emailed Groove and asked if they were going to be carrying the posters and they said they were working on figuring that out, so it will probably happen. I love that you just admitted that, and then you're laughing at yourself.
Speaker 3: I mean I usually pay attention to you, but I was reading Nickey Glazer's biograph anyways.
Speaker 2: All right, so like, boil it down.
Speaker 3: Why should a person like make care about this?
Speaker 4: I mean, probably you won't. The big thing is, at first, this is a change. Obviously, Shout Factory has been owned for multiple years at this point by a venture capital firm, and the big question recently is what was happening with them, because this same firm bought film Rise, and they're all under this new branding of Radial Entertainment and suddenly, yes, suddenly, they brought this liquidation sale is what everybody was calling it.
Speaker 2: But Shout never said that.
Speaker 4: They called it a liquidation sale because the prices on their website were crazy.
Speaker 2: There there was movies as low as a dollar ninety nine that were previously like thirty plus dollars, So those no, like Jill Rips was like a dollar ninety nine or two ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Fin kidding me because I paid like thirty four ninety nine for.
Speaker 4: That, Yes, sir, I brought that title up specifically because I knew you bought it for Dolphin.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 4: Yes, So yeah, people were speculating because of that that Shout Factory is on their way out, that they were going to shut down. Everything was burning to the ground, they were out of physical media, and as it turns out, they just needed a new home. Shout Factory is not going to be handling it shipping from their warehouse anymore. It's all going to be done by Groove, which is owned by Universal, which is all distributed by STS, which means essentially there's no more middleman. It'll just come straight from the distributor. That being said, it is possible, and I'm not saying that this is happening or isn't happening, but it is possible that this.
Speaker 2: Is just like a middle point and they will shut down in twelve months or something like that.
Speaker 4: It is possible that this is a step towards we need to get rid of as many employees as we can and eventually just cut out all the physical media. It is possible that now they will focus on physical media more because they don't have to focus on warehouse space and can just allow people to do that and not do posters and art cards.
Speaker 2: And all that other stuff.
Speaker 4: The other thing is it is possible that they stop licensing titles and they just put out titles that they already owned the rights to.
Speaker 2: So they have lots of stuff.
Speaker 4: There are lots of titles that they've got licensed, that they own already that they can release that have not had a good release.
Speaker 2: So there's still a lot of potential here.
Speaker 3: So you're saying there's a chance.
Speaker 2: Lots of chances. Yes.
Speaker 4: The other thing, which is not really a part of this, but I do want to point it out right now because Vance just commented it in the chat. It appears that the Criterion sale at Barnes and Noble is likely started or about to be starting. This was soft confirmed to be happening tomorrow, so I'm glad to see that happening. As soon as I get a link. I will post the sale for everybody as well. But yeah, you should be able to check out Barnes Andoble dot com and live in stores over the next month. We talked about this title recently, literally just two weeks ago because Justin was on the show. But Bringing Out the Dead from Paramount is getting a standard four K release on January thirteenth. This title has been going for like eighty plus dollars on email, so do not pay that, just get this coming out in January.
Speaker 3: My cat is attacking my power cord. That may be why none of my power cords work, I would assume, So so excited. That's like the one sort SSE movie I do not have on HD. So that's available, so super served.
Speaker 4: Next up over in the UK December one, they are putting out a Clue on four K and Blu ray, so the first four K release over in the UK. It is already available in HMV, but it'll be a wide release on December first, so check that out. It's got some of those archival extras on there. There isn't the extra where you can just choose it to do a random ending, but you can choose to see all of the endings, just so you know, all right, let's get into those shout titles. First, January twentieth, they are putting out a four K Steele book of End of Watch from twenty twelve. This is the David Ayer film starring Jake Gilen Hall of Michalpana. There is an audio commentary on here with a director and some deleted scenes and some featurettes, but nothing new.
Speaker 2: This is all archival extras. I actually really enjoy End of Watch. I think this is the David Air film. I like a lot. Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: Jake Chillen, huh, that's my Flash Gordon version of his name. No, I've never seen It's it good.
Speaker 4: It's quite good. It's a found footage movie. Actually really yeah, it's pretty well made about LAPD. Some of it is a little bit fantastical, not super rooted in what would actually happen, but like the cop training is pretty good. The only thing I will say, because of the way this was shot, this likely will not look any better than the.
Speaker 2: Blu ray did.
Speaker 4: Just to heads up to everybody, this is probably not going to be like a Shining Star disc or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I feel like nobody calls Jake Jillenhall and NEPO baby.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know his parents.
Speaker 3: I mean total and you know who else is Maggie jillen All. I've heard that, yeah, both babies, and I you know, I think about the neo baby label and uh it's like, well it's the family business. But then I remember that uh interview or whatever when when Ben Still or like lost his mind about being called Nepa baby, like, well worked really hard, and I'm like, dude, yeah, you did work really hard, but you also like had a foot in the door, you know, like if you sucked, you wouldn't have lasted. You know, nobody's saying you're not talented. He's saying that you had advantages that other people didn't. So just accept it. And uh, some Nepa babies are like they get a pass because you know, like, uh, what's the what's Ethan Hawk's and yeah, right, like she's up front about it and everybody's cool. And then the people who act like they did, you know, who are like, oh, I did it all my own, they get they get the shit. But like nobody even points out the jill In awls like their dad's a director of their mom's a screenwriter. I'm not saying it's a bad thing or anything. You know, you don't choose your parents, right, I just think it's interesting, like some people get hit with the NEPO baby label and some people don't, and I wonder why that is.
Speaker 2: It's a good question.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Watch a actor pretend like he's a cop.
Speaker 4: Okay that being said, because it's Jake jill Inhall. This is when I was going to bring up one of the shout Factory leaks. Barnes and Noble posted a listing for an upcoming four K steel book of night Crawler from twenty fourteen, also starring Jake Jillenhall. Adore that movie and I think it's one of the best of the twenty tens and can't wait to see what they do with that because that movie deserves a whole lot of love. I hope they actually put new extras on it, because god, it really is deserving.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: In that movie, Jarhead starts out with Jake joeh whacking off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it must have been weird.
Speaker 3: To be his parents like watching that movie.
Speaker 2: It's also funny because we just announced that on four K recently too.
Speaker 3: Being like, Wow, Jake, great acting. You've been preparing for that role for years. I know I had to watch the socks.
Speaker 2: What are you doing there? Research mom?
Speaker 3: I'm acting away. Uh whatt A weird facet of life that is, you know, we talk about the dignity of human life and like everybody at some point like tries to find time of the day to like tug on their crotch. It's so weird. Life is weird, so weird, like we're we're on a space rock. Did you ever hear you know that John Ljoey guy, he's got this great song about it about whacking off.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what's the next one. Let's go to the next one, which is John Move's bullet in the Head from nineteen ninety.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: This is coming on January sixth on four K here in the US. You've got an audio commentary by Frank Jang. Festival cut A bullet in the Head is also included. Alternate boardroom ending is on the disc as well. There's an interview with John wu. There is an interview with one of the actors, interview with the producer, interview with the editor, interview with the production planner. Inside bullet in the Head with the author Grady Hendrix. Just a reminder, this is also going to be coming out on four K from Arrow. Will also be coming out from Imprint in Australia. I think this one is also getting a release in France from Carlata, So lots of options on this.
Speaker 2: Just to heads up. Yeah, bullet in the Head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the Rage against the Machine version. This is pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: So the John L.
Speaker 3: Joey sALS talking about is called Alone in the Universe. Check it out video bullet in the Head. I've been waiting for this for years. Pretty excited about it. That's right, I forgot about Secretary.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: You know how weird must that be for parents? Like, Like I always think, like the weirdest thing that could happen to a parent is like scrolling through some porno site and accidentally stumbling upon your child. Right, what do you do? Hopefully click somewhere else. Yeah, but but it must be It must also be weird to see your children acting in like artistic movies and then all but like doing you know, like the jarhead thing and then secretary stuff. Like as a parent, your job is to just like pretend that stuff doesn't even yeah, using pretend like that's not a thing, but like then you go see it in the movie and you're like, wow, Maggie, that was how never mind, I don't want to know how you prepare it. Actually, this great job, great job, good movie, James Bader, seems nice.
Speaker 4: All of this well, well, John Wu's bullet in the Head is on the screen and we're talking great will have any honest children?
Speaker 3: You can watch bullet in the Head without fear of stumbling upon your children in a sexual act.
Speaker 2: The other film for this month, Once a Thief, also coming on four K. This is from nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 4: This is going to include an audio commentary by James Mudge, an interview with John Wu since he directed this one as well, interview with the screenwriter, interview with the producer, interview with the editor, interview with one of Leslie Chung's producers. And then there is Hong Kong Confidential, Inside Wants a Thief with the author Grady Hendrix, and then a film critic Frank Jang on actor Leslie Chung doing a featurette and our archival interview.
Speaker 2: I've never seen Once a Thief? Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: Oh? It's sweet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what do you prefer me last month or me now?
Speaker 4: Jimmy E World song would be nice right about now? Wait what somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well, everything's gonna be just fun.
Speaker 4: Next up, World war Z. This already had a four K steal book from Shout. This is gonna be a wide release four K steal book coming on January twenty seventh. Nothing new, check out next one Summer Wars. We've already talked about it on the show multiple times. January twenty seventh in a wide release four K steel book. This was an Amazon exclusive release. Now we'll be everywhere on January twenty seventh, and crazy.
Speaker 2: Enough up, aren't you no?
Speaker 4: Just for these things? It's they were exclusive and now they're not. They're nothing special.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: But that's it from Shout Victory to someone that might be Yes, it's someone's favorite steel book.
Speaker 2: I get the joke.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like, who's this for? Like? What are we doing this for? Right? Are we doing this for ourselves or are we doing this for the people.
Speaker 2: I do this for you you asked me to.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to be here.
Speaker 2: Oh we know.
Speaker 3: Hey, good night, Christopher Who is that?
Speaker 4: Crys Silvestri, a friend of mine from Facebook. He's the guy that runs Legends, the physical media store in Grandby, Massachusetts. Everybody go check it out when you're near Granby, Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: Hey dude, all right, good night, keep doing the Lord's work. Well I was gonna say, though.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you were gonna say.
Speaker 4: Is I really wish that someday they were able to release a four K of The Emperor's New Groove. And guess what, it's coming on December ninth from Disney. No new extras, in fact, no extras on the disc whatsoever. But you can check out a four K of The Emperor's New Groove, which is not on my Bigo card for Disney's next four K upgrade, but here it is.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're excited about it. It's like your favorite Disney movie.
Speaker 2: Wrong, lever will Oh my bad.
Speaker 3: Your favorite Disney movie is the New snow White.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. That was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I just I haven't seen it, but I did see the new Uh you know, the Honest Trailers series on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for really, like you've never seen one.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it. I don't think I've ever seen one really.
Speaker 3: Well, the honest trailers for the New snow Way is pretty amusing anyway, you know that's I think I stopped at Beauty and the Beast. That was like the last Disney movie.
Speaker 2: I was like, there's what you missed.
Speaker 4: Some good ones after that, Mulan, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notes for dom Hercules, Tarzan, all of those.
Speaker 3: Wow, it sounds like all the racist ones.
Speaker 2: I felt like I just had a list ready for that. That was. That was rough, Yeah, you ready to go.
Speaker 4: It's like the line was Lion King after beating the Beast. Probably Lion King was ninety four, so yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: I didn't write the line because I felt like it was you know, like, hey, you know, these these gen zs act like they're the first people to put a bumper sticker on their car about Palestine. Ah, my generation had free Palestine bumper stickers that actually accomplished nothing years and years ago. And when the Lion King came out, I was like, these hyenas are clearly Palestine. I'm not down with it. So there's my political statement.
Speaker 2: All right, Well look at this photograph.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about, right, like, I just want to make sure like shouting into the void the.
Speaker 2: Void here and listening. Yes, pins are clearly.
Speaker 3: A metaphor. And you're gonna make me talk about this with the Nickelback documentary well, speaking about documentaries that people want to buy. Yeah, Silent Animal's got My back scar is a revolutionary Okay, go just in case somebody tries to like clip this JK.
Speaker 2: Being moving on.
Speaker 4: Let's move on to Nickelback. January sixteenth, Hate to Love the Nickelback story from twenty twenty three is coming in a media book for the third one in the US in this week of announcements, which is wild.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 4: There is special features on this including out takes, a twenty page collector's booklet, and Dolby Scario audio.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know, I resent the fact that this is how you remind me what I really am.
Speaker 2: I agree. Isn't that a lot of air brushing?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's kind of part of the deal that was I mean, I go, that's been their whole thing, their air brushed.
Speaker 2: Yep, I agree with head Cooper says, I.
Speaker 3: Should say they're a brushed. Is there any you know the whole Nickelback saga we uh we uh. We hold up Nickelback as the most execrable example of nineties all rock. But first of all, they're not even close to the worst. And second of all, they were designed to be bad. They're designed for it, and they they they they distract us. It's a distraction from real issues, the talk about industry plans. Nickelback is there to distract you from where your money's going, where your attention's going. Nickelback is there to distract you from the fleecing, the political fleecing that you're getting. Right like, your energy is focused on hating Nickelback, and you're not paying attention to the billionaire class that is uh robbing you every day and keeping you down. This is this is a this is a false flag operation. It's a it's a Nickelback is a decoy from where your your energy should go.
Speaker 2: I'm going to vote that we go to the next title.
Speaker 3: Who's somebody said I was, Who's Candace Owens? Michael Smith says, I've been possessed by Candace Owens.
Speaker 4: It was a perfect time for me to highlight that when you mentioned the false flag thing, because she has been going on and on about a recent and high profile death being a false flag.
Speaker 3: Oh, I picked up on your context to who is that?
Speaker 2: Though she was a right wing political commentator, who's is she dead? No, she's straight, a little from the right path because she's not as right as she was. She's wrong, has been for a long time. We'll leave it at that.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Visual Vengeance because they came out of their long winter hibernation to finally announce some new winter titles, including January twentieth, Getting a Blu Ray a violent new breed from nineteen ninety seven. This is directed by Todd Sheets, starting Rudy ray Moore. This is the most ambitious, unpredictable effort from SVA tour Todd Sheets. This has all kind of like all of these we're going to talk about four of these. They are just absolutely overloaded with with extras.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you probably my favorite thing to happen this year was I got to take Sam deag into a sheets. Do you all know what a sheet is?
Speaker 2: I've heard of it, I've never been to one, exactly.
Speaker 3: Sheets is a cultural feature of mostly the South Anyway.
Speaker 2: Usually in the same parking lot as the Pigley wiggily.
Speaker 3: Violent new breed.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought you were going to keep saying more.
Speaker 4: So this is going to include an alternate original DVD version. The alternate R rated version is.
Speaker 3: That Rudy Raymore. Why did they say Rudy Moore? Why don't they say Rudy.
Speaker 2: Because that's what he went by in this film? Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Original VHS release version, three commentaries, interview with the actor Jerry Inge and Todd Sheets working with Rudy ray Moore, featurette, behind the scenes documentary, Nighthawk Cinema screening Q and a blueper Real original local Kansas City news coverage, short film Fistful of the.
Speaker 2: Undead, visual vengeance trailers.
Speaker 4: A booklet with a liner notes by Tony Strauss of Wangs Chop magazine, folded mini poster of the original Ghana art by Heavy J, Limited edition slipcase by Ghana, poster Legend Heavy J First pressing only, a birth announcement, vintage reproduction. All kinds of stuff in this and if you know Todd Sheets, check it out.
Speaker 3: Wow all right.
Speaker 4: The other title coming from them on the same day is ozone Attack of the Redneck Mutants. This is the first time ever on Blu ray for this title. This is a director Matt Devlin's infamous Super eight splatter Oddity. This is the sister film to The Abomination, which was released previously. This has a commentary with the producer and star of the film. Commentary with Sam Panico of BNS about movies about Bill van Rhine of Uh Sorry and Bill Van Rhine of Driving Asylum. We've got actress Blue Thompson is interviewed on here. We've got a location visit, some deleted scenes, outtakes, special effects, outtakes, original VHS intro cinema, wasteland interview, producer, trailer reel, a short film called Babies. Lots of other stuff including trailers, galleries, let's watch movies, podcasts, interviews, stick your own VHS sticker set, reversible sleeve, folded mini poster, Limited edition O card with alternative art by the Dude. Twelve page mini comic book Ozone Mutant puke Bag.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: I always like to find people's O zone. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Oh, you didn't even do the face with it. I did, all right? So that's Ozone. Lots of stuff.
Speaker 2: Check it out next February tenth on blu ray in the US from Unearthed is The Ugly from nineteen ninety seven. This is a pretty undersen film. One of the most stylish shockers of the late nineties, This acclaimed New Zealand Descent into Madness features startling makeup effects from the future Oscar winning what a workshop team both touching and haunting. This film marked the impressive debut for the director Scott Reynolds, who did When Strangers Appear, and after a long period of unavailability, has now been fully restored to its original colorful haunting glory for the first time in North America. Go ahead, will is it infinitely touching? Not? This one just touch.
Speaker 3: Through finite level of touching.
Speaker 2: Yes, a measurable quantifiable amount. Yes.
Speaker 4: This has now been scanned in four K from the thirty five millimeter. Interpositive has a new commentary with Paolo Rotundo and Rebecca Hobbs, moderated by Nathaniel Thompson who he's a big champion of the film. There are new Scott Reynolds short films, A Game with No Rules and The Minute, and there is a visual essay written by Howard s Berger and edited by me. There's a new photo gallery and some trailers. Oh, how do you feel about The Ugly? Did you watch this one? Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: Someone did not share a screener with me, so now that's possible. Yeah, maybe maybe I'll purchase it with my hard earned cash.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is a good movie, definitely underrepresented, under seen, something that people should check out.
Speaker 2: I think this movie is worth it. See you later, Ronnie.
Speaker 3: Get yourself a copy of Girls Town and The Ugly.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Ronnie, that's funny. Coming on January thirteenth, I'm Blue from Keino is the Godless Girl from nineteen twenty eight. This is from Cecil B to Mill.
Speaker 4: We get an audio commentary by Anthony Slide on this and never seen it.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, dude, I love pre Code to mil They're going to be like fucking in a pool of milk. Awesome.
Speaker 2: You always got to do that, right when I take a drink?
Speaker 4: Speaking of Palestine, January thirteenth, on Blu Ray in the US from Keno has also Put Your Soul on Your Hand and Walk from twenty twenty five. This offers an intimate, first hand perspective on life under siege in Gaza, captured through video calls between the director and twenty five year old Palestinian photojournalists and poet Fatma Hassana. Combining raw immediacy with deep humanity, the film captures daily life during the conflict through the eyes and unwaveringly optimistic presence of Fatma, a talented photographer whose generation is trapped in an endless cycle of war, famine, and resistance.
Speaker 3: Oh that was interesting, you know, I believe it or not. I'm on the steering committee of this human rights film festival that we do at UNC Greensboro. And last night, yesterday, November the fifth, we showed No Other Land and which you know, when Oscar and Everything was filmed before.
Speaker 2: The war.
Speaker 3: And I had a great turnout and discussion, and it was really sad because we were required to have security, you know, just in case. And I was really heartened by the fact that, you know, about one hundred students of various backgrounds came out to see the film and then had a really uh authentic and emotional and real conversation afterwards. And you know, the cops just kind of grazed at the buffet and left, you know, And that's the best you can hope for. I haven't seen put your soul on your hand and walk yet. But I'm gosh, the word isn't excited. I'm not excited to see it because I know it's going to be heartbreaking, but I need to, you know, like we all, we all need to know what's happened. And this isn't a political statement. I'm not against anybody.
Speaker 2: Hmm people. If that makes how was no other land not being able to see it?
Speaker 3: It's it's really cool. You know, it's an Israeli Palestine co production and you you see this Israeli journalists like getting to know some people in the West Banks and put Statians in the West Bank whose homes are being destroyed, and you really get to see the real perspectives of human beings, right, not governments, not political organizations or whatever you want to call them, but the real human beings who are just trying to live their lives. And that's that's what's so valuable.
Speaker 2: About it all. Right. Next up is coming from Keno on January sixth as well, and it is cold seventy five. This is from twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: This is Keith Jarrett's legendary performance in January nineteen seventy five. Nearly didn't happen based on a true story. Cold and seventy five shows how the concert was conceived and orchestrated through the efforts of a teenage concert promoter, Vera Brandis. She enthusiastically organized the concert venue, which was the Cologne Opera House, promoted the event and even sold the tickets, and after Jarrett threatened to drop out because his Wow Bosendorf Imperial Grand Piano was nowhere to be found, she convinced him to go on with the show. John mcgaro plays Jarrett with brilliant intensity, a counterpoint Tamala Earn's joyful portrayal of the unstoppable Vera Cold seventy five captures the compelling, entertaining, and previously unknown backstory of Jared's one hour, entirely improvised masterpiece, The Cold Concert, which became the best selling solo album in jazz history. I love John mcgaro's acting, so I'm definitely interested in seeing this for sure. We got some interviews on here as well rap video and a trailer, but yeah, I am carrie about checking this out.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of Keith Jarrett. I was. I was really lucky in a way that when I was a kid, my my dad's two best friends. One of them was obsessed with Frank Zappa and the other was obsessed with Keith Jarrett. And it was the right kind of pretentiousness for for a young lad, you know, to be exposed to, because you know, as a twelve year old, I'm like, red hot, red hot chili peppers sound good, you know, yeah, which, you know, Freaky Staally is a masterpiece. I'll stand for that one. But but but being a kid and like being exposed to Keith Artt's music and Frank Zapple's music was It's something I'm really grateful for. I have never heard of this movie. I didn't know it existed. I now want to see this. It is no surprise to me that Jarrett is difficult. This sounds cool, sure does.
Speaker 2: Look at that. We have a bunch of fans of Keith Jarrett in the chat.
Speaker 4: All right, But now for Will's most anticipated release, Big boobs Buster, is coming on February tenth on Blu Ray in the US from Whole Grain Pictures. This is one that I've heard is actually pretty decent. This says when Masako's crush rejects her for being flat, she decides to become the Big boobs Buster, a vigilante app for revenge on the bucksome girls at school. This will have a hilarious behind the scenes bonus video punched up English dudge dubbed audio, and the original US trailer, and you can pre order it now.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I want to punch up, but I guess. I guess. My immediate reaction.
Speaker 2: Is look at this photograph every time I do.
Speaker 3: What makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: At the impression.
Speaker 4: Tonight, Criterion has revealed their UK releases for January. The UK is getting January twelfth, Dead Man four K, January nineteenth EEE four K, January twenty sixth, Captain Blood four K, and The Dead four K.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: You didn't get to talk about any of these in the middle of the month. Any thoughts on Dead Man yee, Captain Blood or The Dead.
Speaker 3: Bruh, Well, I love The Dead, John Houston's final film I had. I was very lucky to take a course in my in graduate school on literary theory that focused on or that used James Joyce as like the the focal author. Because my professor was a Joycean scholar. She made it pass at me too, and I turned her down. I like, why did I do that? But anyway, I love the Dead It's a great Apparently John's son finished directing the film because he was sick. John was sick, That's what I've read. But the film as an adaptation of the story is phenomenal. Dead Man is probably in my up three or four Jarmish films. I love Dead Man. Ye, he's a masterpiece. What's the other? Oh? Captain Blood? Holy shit? Man? Curtiz and Flynn like wow. I was so happy to take my DVD and put it in my for sale box. So great.
Speaker 2: Well it is.
Speaker 4: Next up Shelby Oaks from this year, getting a blue ray release in the UK on December fifteenth from Altitude Films. No extras on the disc that I can find.
Speaker 2: Did not love the movie. In fact, I kind of hated it, and Will has not seen it.
Speaker 3: I feel certain that I know someone named.
Speaker 2: That though, Shelby Oaks or Chris Stuckman.
Speaker 3: I mean, just given on where I have lived in my life, somebody is named Shelby Oaks.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next up another movie I did not like at all, coming in January. A twenty four is releasing a four K and Blu ray release of this year's The Smashing Machine, starring Duayanne the Larger Pebble Johnson. This is also with Emily Blunt, includes a director's commentary with Benny Safty what it means to be a fighter making The Smashing Machine. FEATURETTE sixteen millimeters camera test deleted scenes in six collectible postcards with some behind the scenes photography, and that is The Smashing Machine.
Speaker 3: I feel like zach Efron just made that.
Speaker 2: Movie that was similar, and it was also a twenty four.
Speaker 3: It's weird that the Rock has gone from like universally beloved to universally like questionable.
Speaker 2: What did it?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: He was quite out of touch during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: What where are you saying?
Speaker 2: Not like he was one of the.
Speaker 4: Ones that was doing like the celebrity like trying to band people together when he was very well taken care of and living high life on like social media and stuff.
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 3: I have no idea what those words mean.
Speaker 4: Like the first couple of months of the pandemic, there was like celebrity singing to people to like rally the troops together around how tough time was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so everybody's mad at him because he sang a song.
Speaker 4: I'm just no, I'm saying that's the pandemic. Is definitely when I felt like people started turning on him. That in Black Adam, I guess.
Speaker 3: Which, As I said a few months ago, I actually kind of liked Shocked. No one's more shocked than I am that I liked Black Adam.
Speaker 2: I'm so shocked you even watched it.
Speaker 3: Watch it. I saw Mowana too, So that was back when my daughter would go see movies with me.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about nineteen nineties Highway to Hell coming on February twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: From Visual Last One.
Speaker 3: All right, we.
Speaker 2: Still got like twenty five plus announcements left. You're kidding, No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: You still have radiance, you still have indicator, you got all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, why are we even talking about this?
Speaker 4: That's the show, will. We got a commentary with the director Brett McCormick. We've got actor Richard Harrison has interviewed, Blue Thompson is interviewed. Screenwriter Gary Kennemer is interviewed. We've got a couple other interviews. We got the bonus movie Redneck County Fever from nineteen ninety two, directed by Richard Kinnemer, some commentaries, some more interviews, a stick your own VHS sticker, set, reversible sleeve, folded Redneck County Fever mini poster, and then you even get a original poster art slipcover on the first pressing.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 4: Will is Going to the Bathroom. Next up from Visual a Vengeance is Date with the Vampire from two thousand. This is produced during the booming heyday of the sov Era, captures a unique moment when softcore erotica and horror overlapped on the shelves of late nineteen nineties and early two thousands video stores. This one is going to be region free. You got a commentary with the director, a whole bunch of interviews. Bonus film Blood Craving from two thousand and two, and that has a bunch of extras on it as well. There's a trailer reel, You've got a folded mini poster, you've got a reversible sleeve, and then of course limited edition O card. This one with art by the one and only Rick Melton, who is famous for doing all kinds of nude media book covers over in Germany. He does not do a bunch of US releases, and you can probably see why based on his art style. Check out date with the Vampire. Next is she Shuits, She shoots straight hard to say, fun to watch. February twenty fourth, Blu Ray here in the US from eighty eight Films. This was already released by eighty eight Films over in the UK, but now it is coming here with much better cover art.
Speaker 2: I will say, no new extras. It looks like the.
Speaker 4: Exact same disc of this that was released previously by eighty eight Films, but now you can pick it up here in the US on a region A disc.
Speaker 2: Check it out then.
Speaker 4: February twenty fourth, On the same day, eighty eight Films is releasing Duel to the Death here in the US. This is from nineteen eighty three. This one was released previously in the UK by Eureka. I love the original poster art on this, glad they're using it.
Speaker 2: This one is going to have new subs.
Speaker 4: This one is also going to have an audio commentary by Frank Jang, an archival interview with the actor Norman Chosue Kang, and then another archival interview here as well. Not much else, but this is a must purchase. In my opinion, great movie I have not seen in a long time, but I remember loving this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah yep.
Speaker 4: Next, Will's fourth favorite band, Warrant, is getting a Blu ray release on January sixteenth, called Warrens They Came from Hollywood. This newly restored live concert film features the original Warrant lineup performing their hits and showing backstage antics.
Speaker 2: You can check this out now. Holy cow, how is Cherry Pie like not the encore on this?
Speaker 3: Is it not?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Warren's not very good. No, out of that hair metal genre, like hands down the best band, and is Cinderella, who are not really a hair metal band. They were just kind of marketed that way. They're a blue soaked rock rock and roll band. But like out of the actual hair metal stuff, Docin Rat, I mean those those were really good. Yeah, the Skidro's okay, but like Docin and Rat were like awesome. Warrant as a pop band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed, this is not very good.
Speaker 3: This is this is worthless.
Speaker 2: We've already spent too much time on them.
Speaker 4: Next up December fifteenth in the UK, December sixteenth in the US. Eighty eight Films is releasing a Saga of the Phoenix from nineteen eighty nine. The Holy Maiden of Hell Ashura possesses an immense power that can destroy humanity. Buddhist monks trapper in a deep cave. To keep her from falling into evil hands, kind hearted abbot Jicu grants her way to enjoy the human world for seven days. So I'll have a limited edition rigid slipcase with new r by Sean Longmore. You've got a forty page perfect Bend book. You've got a premium art card, new two K restoration from the OCN, audio commentary by Frank Jang and F. J. DeSanto, an alternate Japanese footage, and an image gallery. This is one that's supposed to be pretty good. I've never seen this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go for radiance. These are all going to be looking pretty great. First February twenty third in the UK, February twenty fourth here in the US on Blu Ray is the Japanese Godfather trilogy. These are from nineteen seventy seven and nineteen seventy eight. These are going to include.
Speaker 4: HD digital transfers of each film on three discs on Blu Ray for the first time ever for any of them. You've got a newly filmed appreciation by a filmmaker, new inner you with the scriptwriter on here, new English subtitle translations, reversible sleeves, and a booklet with new writing by Akiko Edo and Tom mess And I've never seen any of these, and it feels like most people have not.
Speaker 2: Have you seen these?
Speaker 3: No? This is a I yearned for this. Yeah, this is a yeah, this is new for me.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for this one. Next up is one that I feel like you probably have seen. I hope that's true.
Speaker 3: Very excited for this.
Speaker 2: Tell me why?
Speaker 3: Well, most people I will assume know Michael Kakayanas for Zorb of the Greek yep. But if Rginia is an absolute masterpiece, a rendering of the Agamemnon story, it's you know, you want to tell a Greek story, get a Greek director, for God's sake for once. And I say that as a fan of the director's kind of Troy. This is awesome and I've only ever seen this on VHS, So to have Radiance put it out, I can't I can't even conceive of how good this is going to look, because I mean you know. I've got the Blue Raves order the Greek and it looks fantastic. It looks so much better than the old vhs that I.
Speaker 2: Used to watch.
Speaker 3: I hope more of Michael's films get released on Blue racause very few of his films are available to us.
Speaker 4: So if he is coming on the same date February twenty third in the UK February twenty fourth in the US. This will have a new interview with the Greek film expert Demitris Papa Nikolau.
Speaker 2: There is an.
Speaker 4: Archival press conference interview with Kakianis as well another archival interview from seventy seven, and then a limited edition book new writing by Mersadis Caralis And uh yeah, this looks like one that I pretty much have to see.
Speaker 3: Michael Kakianis is my second favorite Greek director after Nick Popatopolis, so this is.
Speaker 2: A real win.
Speaker 4: Next up is February twenty third in the UK only a Blu ray coming of a Libido from nineteen sixty five. This is, of course by Ernesto Gastaldi, was released here in the US by Seven Films and they are using the Severn restoration for this. This will have an audio commentary by Sam Degan. That's brand new interview with the Nesto Gastaldi. That's brand new interview with Richard Dyer. That's brand new.
Speaker 2: And then we've got a booklet with writing on the movie that is going to include writing by or sorry, new interviews with the star Dominique Pasquiro and script supervisor Patricia Zelini. And Libido is that one that you recommend? Will It is.
Speaker 3: A really good movie and it makes a excellent double feature with Gary Jones's Mosquito.
Speaker 4: I always get Libido confused with a couple other jolli that came out around the same time. So yeah, this is probably the jolly that Radiance was alluding to that was coming this year. So nice to see that getting an asked quickly so people don't have to speculate for too long.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to get this so that next time I'm on the show, when you ask me for my pickups, I can hold up my copy of Mosquito and my copy of Libida, and I can say this is my Mosquito and my Libido, all right, and you can say thank you for entertaining us amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing that is for sure to entertain Let's talk about denying me, I am this is a denial.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the four K release of The Stuntman. This is coming from the transmission line from Radiance as a four K disc. This was previously released in the US by Severn. This is a brand new four K restoration from the OCN by Radiance, presented with Dolby Vision. This is going to have the legendary feature link doc directed by the director Rush, the Sinister Saga.
Speaker 2: Making of the Stuntman.
Speaker 4: This is from two thousand and one new commentary with Christina Newland and Monica Castillo from our kval interviews.
Speaker 2: You got a new interview with Chuck.
Speaker 4: Baile, the Stumpman and actor, a bunch of archival interviews coming Q and A with the director with Steve rails Back and Barbara Hershey from a screening at the New Beverly.
Speaker 2: And then you got to.
Speaker 4: Pull out poster and six lobby card posters or postcards, limited edition forty page book with new writing from Adam Naman and Brandon Strusnig, and an archival interview with Kenneth Turan and Richard Rush. Stuntman is a fun, fun movie.
Speaker 2: This looks pretty great.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, way better than what's that other one? Silent Mandible says, I'm becoming more unhinged. I don't use hinge. What's the difference between hinge and like, uh tender?
Speaker 4: I was really trying to make a joke that one helps you open the door and one helps you start a fire.
Speaker 2: But I can't. I can't get there.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Unhinged even means. That's just a that's a that's a word we say whenever we read a tweet by somebody we don't like.
Speaker 2: So stop man. Huh oh, it's great.
Speaker 3: I've got the Severn release. I'm not sure I can justify this upgrade. But if I were a rich man, twould be on my shopping card.
Speaker 2: I do not have the Severn release.
Speaker 3: Oh well, well.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of you were saying something, who's transmission this? It's radiance is line of these like kind of cult films. It's less art housey films.
Speaker 3: Live Transmission.
Speaker 2: Totally threw me off.
Speaker 3: No, dude, somebody out there is laughing really hard right now. That's a good Joy Division joke.
Speaker 4: So Transmission U. Their first title is Night of the Juggler and then this is their second one.
Speaker 2: The Stunting.
Speaker 3: Juggler is awesome. We went to see that at the Alamo, John Daley and I with our buddy Dick from uh Sam Digans Discord, and we we were just uh exhausted by it in the best way. I had never I'd never seen it before, and I've there's more running a night of the Juggler than in Run All the Run, and like way more chest hair. Like run all to Run has no chest hair, and Ni the Juggler has a lot of.
Speaker 2: Chest hair, all right, that's the stump man.
Speaker 3: Can't. I can't grow chest hair. I have none. I don't even have a wisp, all right, I'm always you've got chest hair, of course, and yeah, exactly right. It's assumed as part of your masculinity. And I I wonder what it's like. I mean, I assume it's smelly, but I bathe matted? Is it enough to get maded like when you sweat? Does it get matted?
Speaker 2: I don't, I've never inspected. I guess is.
Speaker 3: There enough to like run your fingers through or is it just wispy?
Speaker 2: I guess so it is long enough?
Speaker 3: Like are you like David Lee Roth or are you.
Speaker 2: Like no, I am not Italian?
Speaker 3: Wow, wait to stereotype?
Speaker 2: Are we ready to carry on?
Speaker 4: Pete Walker's The Flesh and Blood Show is coming on three D Blu ray in the US from Keno Laber is number forty three in their Keno Colt line. The three D on This was kind of messed up a little bit on the eighty eight film's release of this film, and it has now been fixed by the three D Film Archive. That says the audio commentary by Kat Ellinger and Martinkin Terarro on here we got an interview with Pete Walker by Elijah Drenner, some other old interviews, but that is the next keynote cult title.
Speaker 3: Love It Afraid to Speak? Now the comments are becoming they like you with directional.
Speaker 4: Next, we're going to speed through some of these because these are some interesting titles. February tenth, Lingering, I'm not gonna linger as much as I can.
Speaker 3: February Well, that's that's why you don't understand ecstasy, because you have to take your time and you're just like.
Speaker 2: Bang bang, I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 4: Well, February tenth, Blu ray from Full Moon is coming up, Dungeons of Ecstasy from this year. This is director Charles Band returning to Italy, where so many of his classic films were shot. You've got the original trailer on the disc and that's the only extra.
Speaker 2: Did you have more to say?
Speaker 3: There will now we assume now that there's gonna be a lot of chest hair. I'm so excited about this. Why it looks great? What are you kidding? I love Charles Band. By the way, Brian Hus told some funny Charles Band stories about why I had to assume him and stuff. This looks fantastic.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: I love soap operas and I love sn M and so here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? All right. Next up is Christopher Lee an End of the World remastered from Full Moon, coming on February tenth. This has been.
Speaker 4: Available on their site for a while. This is just going to be a wide release of this. No extras on this except for some trailers. If you want Christopher Lee in one of his worst movies, here you go.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: If Christopher Lee could be my priest, I would totally be Catholic. And you know how I feel about the Catholic.
Speaker 2: Church and Christopher Lee.
Speaker 3: I like one of them.
Speaker 4: SRS Cinema putting out den Ace Chaos in a wide release on February tenth on Blu Ray. This is a Tokusatsu film. You got a transcending common sense video introduction, some bonus shorts, and these shorts are almost an hour long each, making of Denise Kaos photo gallery a message from Minoru Kawasaki as.
Speaker 3: Well, transcending common sense. That's how I like to think of myself.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Next up from SRS is a Layo Rona double feature. No, not that la you na?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Also not the other one that you're thinking of. This is La Rona from two thousand and six and two thousand and seven. This is directed by somebody that you have probably not heard of. The same guy did both of these, and very different than the Conjuring Universe one.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll never hear of him if you don't say his.
Speaker 4: Name, Well, I don't know what it is and it's not listed, so we're still not going to hear from them.
Speaker 3: How do you know it could be directed by Woody Allen brou You know.
Speaker 2: That would make me want to watch it less?
Speaker 3: Oh, I think that'd be great. I don't even I don't even know Lorona.
Speaker 4: All right, that is too much on that title. Let's talk about Black Scab for twelve minutes.
Speaker 3: Team up with Black Adam.
Speaker 4: February tenth. SRS is releasing Black Scab from twenty ten. Black Scab was not even the original title of the film. It's just hilarious. This is going to include a documentary, a motion comic, and a trailer.
Speaker 2: And that's enough of that. Let's keep going.
Speaker 4: Like the Voyage of the Black Scaber or the Justice of the Black Scab or something like that.
Speaker 2: It was ridiculous.
Speaker 4: February tenth from We Got Power Films, The Secret Life of Bill bart Sorry, The Secret Lives of Bill Bartel from twenty ten. Bill Bartel is not famous, but those who know him think he should be. This is a documentary of sorts. We got forty six minutes of deleted scenes in bonus footage, plus a Q and A from slam Dance from this year. And uh, yeah he is. He has been related to all kinds of different bands.
Speaker 3: Oh so he related to uh Paul Bartel.
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't know.
Speaker 4: For you to decide next up, Year of the Rabbit. This is a British TV series. This is coming on February tenth from All Three Media.
Speaker 2: This is from.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty and you get the entire season of the show and then it was promptly canceled.
Speaker 2: And that is that. Next up from.
Speaker 3: Do you know where they filmed that?
Speaker 2: Tucson, Arizonia, December fifteenth. There's a four K steel book coming over in the UK from Jerry Anderson's TV company of Space nineteen ninety nine Breakaway. This is just one of the episodes from Space nineteen ninety nine on four K in this pretty decent looking steal book. They've got a documentary that's brand new, seventy five minutes long, celebrating half a century of the series of Space nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: You got an audio commentary Jerry Anderson. You got a restoration featurette, all housed in a steel book, and you can preorder this now.
Speaker 3: Well, it's looks like looks like it's missing the disc.
Speaker 2: I believe they do put that in there when they ship it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I would verify.
Speaker 3: First though, depends on the label. I've had some that is true. I've had some issues.
Speaker 4: If you want a companion steel book, you could also pick up on the seven day, same day Thunderbirds Trapped in the Sky, also known as Terror in New York City. We've got nineteen sixty five and twenty twenty five episodes here uh fab at sixty Brandy feature link documentary exploring the enduring impact of Thunderbirds with behind the scenes stories, rare insights and tributes, restoration featurettes all in this steel book.
Speaker 3: Terror in New York City? What are they up against? Mom?
Speaker 2: Donnie Reaching Deep? There Will.
Speaker 3: That's going to be on Fox News tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Because they're monitoring this show because twelve of you commented that this show is too political.
Speaker 4: February sixteenth. All of these are coming in the UK from Indicator. The first one The Man Inside with Jack Palance. This is from nineteen fifty eight. You've got an audio commentary by Barry Forshawn Kim Newman on the disc. You've got Vic Pratt speaking on Warwick Films and the history and output of Irving Allen and Albert R.
Speaker 2: Brockley's company. You've got limited edition booklet with.
Speaker 4: The USA by Steve Chibnall, collections of archival articles on Warwick Films and Jack Palance, and an over you of contemporary critical responses in film credits. That is the man inside seen that one.
Speaker 3: I've felt it more than seen it.
Speaker 4: Understandable, So let's go to the second one. And I skipped one even the same date on Parade from nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 4: This is with William Bendex, Anthony Newlean and Aubrey. This is going to include an audio commentary by Barry Fourshawn Kim Newman as well Neil Brand on Idol on Parade from twenty twenty six, which is an in depth appreciation of the film. Short dramatized film from nineteen fifty You've got a image gallery and then a booklet with new essay by David cottis collection of archival materials and more.
Speaker 3: I've always felt like William Bendix deserved more.
Speaker 2: So did he?
Speaker 4: Next title is jazz Boat from nineteen sixty This is going to be a Lionel Jefferys film. You've got an audio commentary by Will Fowler and Vic Pratt, in depth appreciation by Neil Brand for this as well on archival interview from nineteen sixty eight with Anthony Newley, and then a new booklet with essay by Jeff Billington and some collected articles in war jazz.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine going on like a what do you call those things when you go on a boat cruise? Cruise? Can you imagine going on a cruise? And the in house entertainment was Keith Jarrett. It's like it's jazz boat, not like the popular jazz, like the stuff that makes you think that'd be awesome.
Speaker 4: Last title from Indicator is You Must Be Joking from nineteen sixty five. This is going to be including an audio commentary by Kevin Lyons and Jonathan Rigby. There is the Guardian event Michael Winner on censorship in nineteen ninety god Guardian interview with Bob Godfrey from nineteen eighty five. Archival audio recording from nineteen ninety five with Bernard Gribble You Got a New booklet with a new essay by Michael Pattison, collected recollections of the film's production by Michael Winner and others.
Speaker 2: Are you a Michael Winner Fan?
Speaker 3: I love Michael Winner, his his autobiography. It's great, like he's so upfront about what an asshole he is. My mentor and good friend Jeff Jeski when he was dying of cancer. The last movie we watched together was Lawman by Michael Winner and it's such a leak frickin' movie, Burt Lancaster, Lee J. Cobb Western and it was like the best way for him to go, you know. And I don't know, you must be joking. Might have been a better fit. But I'm definitely going to pick this up. I really appreciate. Yeah, I mean, you know, all of his I mean, all of his charles brought the movies are awesome definition whatnot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huge fan. Next up, maybe one of the biggest announcements of the week. Yeah, pretty important. BFI.
Speaker 4: On January twenty sixth is releasing a Blu ray collection called Cinema Expanded the films of Frederick Wiseman from nineteen sixty seven to seventy five. It says, with the groundbreaking career spanning seven decades, Frederick Wiseman is one of the great American storytellers. His documentary shot verita style or meticulously edited narrative's chronicle life's complexities through rich portraits of social and cultural institutions. Wiseman's themes are expansive, democracy, power, inequality, and community, to name a few, but his focus is compellingly specific and humane. Whether revealing shortcomings and social support or celebrating culinary excellence.
Speaker 2: He has a unique eye and ear for detail.
Speaker 4: There's a three disc five film collection with a selection of Wiseman's work, includes titty cut Follies, high school, hospital, juvenile court, and welfare.
Speaker 2: As far as extras.
Speaker 4: We've got a newly commissioned visual essay by Ian Mantaignan, The Films of Frederick Wiseman. Discussion on the Films of Frederick Wiseman as well. Limited edition includes a perfect bound book with essays by David Jenkins, Eric marsh, Stephen Mamber, Philip Kuncannon, and Sean Glennis and Arlen Golden, host of the long running Wiseman podcast. This is a big deal because this is like film school in a release, and these titles have long been hard to yet because Wiseman, I am I remembering this right, He wanted them primarily for institutions and not for release.
Speaker 2: On home video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they've been out of print like DVDs for the longest time. These are the first Blu Ray releases for any of these films, and these are these are like film school staples for a few of these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know documentaries that should be purchased titty cut.
Speaker 4: All right, we spent way more time on Nickelback than this, which is likely the most important announcement of the entire week.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you meant net So yeah, you're saying Frederick Wiseman is more important than Nickelback.
Speaker 2: At least a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tomato, Tomato.
Speaker 4: Next up is a Quentin Tarantino favorite coming on February twenty third from the BFI. It is Strong Room from nineteen sixty two. This is going to have no extras on this one, but this is supposed to be pretty good. You can preorder this now at many of the retailers in the US or in the UK.
Speaker 3: Now, you know, we've been talking a lot about art tonight, and I don't want to be too didactic or anything, but I feel like this cover art is suggestive.
Speaker 2: Just a lot of it. Yes, I think.
Speaker 3: It's about a man inside and it's not good, not a good situation, that's fucked up. Frankly, I'm not familiar with this movie. I'm not sure I want to see it.
Speaker 4: Have a good night, Silent Mandibal. All right, So that is Strong Room from nineteen.
Speaker 3: Sixty two is So what what is that about. What is that? So there's no extras at all?
Speaker 2: Right, no extras, it says.
Speaker 4: This is a suspense thriller and an outstanding example of the lean British b film. Carefully planned heist on a suburban bank goes awry when the gang of three small time criminals are interrupted by the unexpected arrival of two nattering cleaners.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese and Eggo Wright love it, so it must be about brutalization of women. I love the fact that its two languages are English and hard of hearing. Yep, that's well, all right.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next up is sorry February sixteenth. We are getting from the BFI Daniel Farson's Guide to Britain. This is a BLU ray and DVD dual format covering from nineteen fifty seven to sixty three.
Speaker 2: And I love stuff like this. I may have to get this, it says brash, bohemian, boozy, bon vivent.
Speaker 4: Daniel Farson became a larger than the life fixture of SOHO in the nineteen fifties, socializing with the likes of artists Francis Bacon and photographer John Deacon, but He was also a groundbreaking investigative journalist, reshaping approaches to screen reportage with the many direct, dynamic independent television films he presented for Associated, Ready Fusion in the late nineteen fifties and early sixties, Finding wides read, fame and acclaim. This is running just over to three hours, the first of two releases showcasing his most innovative, important, eccentric, odd and outstanding work. This will include films called out of Step, Witchcraft, out of Step, Other Worlds Are Watching Us, Keeping It Step, the Wedding, and a whole bunch of others. There are many of them here. You got commentaries on some of these. You've got illustrated a.
Speaker 2: Book with new writing by William Fowler, Vick Pratt, Lisa Carrigan and Milo Holmes. Yeah wow, all right, all right, I'm into it. Next up one that I think a lot of people are not going to be into March sixteenth, ADVD set called the Children's Film Foundation Bumper Box Volume six.
Speaker 3: Well, this be a great companion piece with the AGFA in a way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think sadly they're going to lose a lot of people because it's DVD only and so many people are anti that format entirely.
Speaker 3: I think that's funny, Like there are so many people who are like in love with the vhs, and then of course there's the four K Zealots yep. But nobody's like I prefer DVD.
Speaker 2: There's a few out there, just not not nearly as many.
Speaker 3: There are any DVD only collectors, Yes, yes there are. It got my vintage collection of DVDs.
Speaker 2: This is my Snapper k section.
Speaker 3: I have a Snapper Case section.
Speaker 2: That's why I said it.
Speaker 4: The films included in this Mystery on Bird Island, One Wish Too Many of the Cat Gang, Rockets and the Dunes, Davy Jones's Locker, Lion Heart, Smoky Joe's Revenge, Black Island, and Danger on Dartmoor. This is gonna have five short films from the Children's Film Foundation collection. It is going to have some other featurettes, any fully Ill Straight, a booklet with new writing by Vic Pratt, and a quiz on the films by Travona Thompson.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when, uh.
Speaker 2: We started this a long time ago? You remember fairy Tale Theater mm hmmm by name? Yes, I don't remember much about.
Speaker 3: It, Shelley Uh what's her name? From the Shining Shelley Dvalval Shelley Deval's fairy Tale Theater. It was these great adaptations of grim fairy Tales directed by such no names as Francis Ford Coppola, Tim Burton, Roger Vaden, you know, all the all these all these great directors making these like half hour grim fairy tales. And I thought it would be really cool two have uh a series of children's entertainments featuring uh the the great uh Art Art House directors of today, Like can you imagine how cool it would be to have a children's film series directed by like Harmony Krin, Sean Baker, Larry Clark, of course, Lynn Ramsey, Claire Dene. Oh, I'd love to do this. I want to do I want to do a new version of Tail Theater with with all these directors. Wouldn't that be awesome?
Speaker 2: That would be great. Del Toro would love to do that. In a heartbeating of.
Speaker 3: Course, yeah yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: The last, oh yeah, last BFI title. This round March sixteenth, they're giving us a blu ray of Peter Medax Negatives. This is the same one that Severn just did. No extras listed there will probably be something. I just cannot find any of them at all.
Speaker 3: Right now, didn't Sefron just put that out?
Speaker 2: Didn't I just say those words?
Speaker 3: Did you say that?
Speaker 4: I truly did negative? Next up is this movie that looks Ai just from the title at cover January twenty four, km Blu Ray from Wellgo USA of a film called Altered from twenty twenty four starring Tom Felton Draco Malfoy himself.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought he looked like that guy from sarent Live who played Eric Trump.
Speaker 2: Oh No, different guy, Different guy, Draco Malfoy.
Speaker 4: Next up is an interesting one. January thirteenth, Sony is releasing Ladder forty nine. This is not a twenty twenty four film that was a typo, but this is a two thousand and four film starring Walking in Phoenix and John Travolta. But this is interesting for a couple of reasons. The biggest This is a Touchstone Pictures title owned by Disney, and this is the first catalog title that Sony has put out under Sony branding.
Speaker 3: So two things about this one one. Ladder forty nine is code. This is the movie they decided to make their first relief.
Speaker 2: In a way, I guess, yes.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, Maybe it's a signal you know, yep, Paris is always burning. If you know what I mean, and I think.
Speaker 2: You do, I do, all right, I'm gonna keep going.
Speaker 3: Some out gay stuff.
Speaker 2: I realized that about halfway through it.
Speaker 3: Uh Second's that's how I got my initiation too, right.
Speaker 4: December second, there's a Blue Red coming from Decal of Code three from this year, starring Rain Wilson and Lil Rel howery funny enough. I've heard this is actually very good and nobody saw it.
Speaker 3: It's like both sides of Get Out teamed.
Speaker 2: Up and went on patrol.
Speaker 4: Supposedly this is quite realistic on how it depicts the life of emts'.
Speaker 2: That's what I was wondering curious to see this one.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, Rain Wilson and Lil Rail in a movie about EMTs. I wonder if it's accurate.
Speaker 2: It's true. Carrie Mulligan says it was very dark but fun all right.
Speaker 3: I actually trust Carrie Mullians.
Speaker 4: Takes next up, Speaking of the Gaze, December twenty third, on Blu Ray from Tribeca.
Speaker 2: Beyond the Gaze. Julie Campbell's swimsuit issue from twenty twenty four. The nineteen sixties, Julie Campbell shattered glass ceilings, transforming a struggling magazine into a media empire the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue. Over her thirty two year reign, she championed intelligence and empowered supermodels like Tyer Banks and Christy Brinkley. Explore the changing gaze from objectification to body positivity. A witness a legacy that continues to inspire.
Speaker 3: Way to Go Great.
Speaker 2: Next up November eighteenth, Blu Ray from Vantage Media of what remains from twenty.
Speaker 3: Twenty two with fucking Scars Guards.
Speaker 2: Still Scars Guard, Gustaf Scars Guard and the biggest name here Andrea Risebro I just.
Speaker 3: I mean way to go Stalin. I guess there's so many Scars Guards.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of Scars guards.
Speaker 3: So many Scars guards.
Speaker 4: All right, just a few from eighty eight films and then we are all done. Finally, January twenty sixth on Blu Ray in the UK, they are doing The Delightful Forest from nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 2: This is a Shaw Brothers title.
Speaker 4: You've got an interview with you Feng, You've got a trailer and an image gallery.
Speaker 2: And that is it.
Speaker 3: I gotta wonder if you're if you're a label and you you know a lot of people from labels pay attention to your show. Do you want to be near the beginning or near the.
Speaker 4: End of the That's a great question. And I also just missed this also as an audio commentary by David.
Speaker 2: Oh the basketball player. No, that's a damn it. I couldn't think of another famous statement. Didn't keep it going.
Speaker 3: Bruh. He was David West is mid range money. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the delightful form.
Speaker 2: The whole time he's like, Okay, just look at this shot.
Speaker 3: It's all about the spacing.
Speaker 4: January twenty sixth from nineteen eighty four another Shop Brothers title for media film, Secret Service of the Imperial Court. This is packed with breathtaking martial arts, political intrigue, and tragic heroism. Secret Service of the Imperial Court stands as one of the Shaw brothers most gripping and emotionally charged epics.
Speaker 2: This has no extras whatsoever.
Speaker 3: That's funny. That is a you know, going back to our discussion of lesbian cinema, Cigarette Service of the Imperial Court is a well known euphemism for.
Speaker 2: Conlingus the gate.
Speaker 4: Next up January nineteenth on Blu Ray the UK for Media Films is Gardinia from nineteen seventy nine. This will have an audio commentary with Eugenio or Kilani and Naniicobretti, interview with the writer Gino Cappone, interview with the cinematographer Sergio Rubini, interview with Eugenio as well, and then reversible art on this I've never seen Guardinia.
Speaker 2: Is this one you've seen?
Speaker 3: No? This Son's interesting?
Speaker 4: And then Devil Times five coming on Blu Ray from EIGHTYA Films in the UK on January twenty sixth as part of the Slasher Classics collection. This has all of the ported over extras from the other release that we got fairly recently from Vinegar Syndrome.
Speaker 2: That's thirty, dude, that's thirty.
Speaker 3: If man is five.
Speaker 2: Took me a second. That is that. Let's get into.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of devils, what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of devils. Let's get into what's coming out next week in case you forgot, so that we can call it a night. Number eleventh is next day.
Speaker 3: I think everybody's begging for that.
Speaker 2: They truly are yes.
Speaker 3: Sorry uh.
Speaker 4: The Mask four K from Arrow One, Flow Over, The Cuckoo's Nest four K with the awful art from the studio Renfield four K going wide with their steel book. The Naked Gun four K the brand new Naked Gun which I like and will hated. The Descent four K is shipping now from Lionsgate Limited. Spotlight four K from Shout cot Stealing four K is on the way together four K as well. The Luke Bessan collect four K is supposedly limited now and almost sold out, so check that out if you want it soon. U five seven to one four K steel book shipping from the studio. Burden of Dreams four K from Criterion to see they think documentaries are good enough for disk. Doctor SEUs is out. The Grinch Stole Christmas four K coming next week. Snowed In four K from Shout Spinal Tap two The End Continues four K, Downton Abbey, The Grand Finale four K, Ted Lasso, The Richmond Way four K Creep Show. The Complete series will finally be shipping freak here Friday on Blu Ray only, shipping next week. Two and a half Men, The Complete series. Will already has one of those on pre order.
Speaker 2: The next Eclipse.
Speaker 4: Series Abbas Kiristami Blu Ray set is coming out next week. Lauren Hardy Year three from Flicker Alley, Kansas City Confidential from Filmmasters, Count of Monte Cristo four K from Goldwyn Films, Scarface four K, Steelbook from the Studio Him four K stealbook from Studio Shutter, Decade of Fear collection, The Howling four K with the most intriguing and curious artwork we've ever seen for that title. The Killer Muskill Again, which I hardly recommend you don't pick up because they restored this with AI and it looks awful. Eden from this year is finally coming to Blu Ray and Prisoner of War from well Go USA. Red Sonia that is glitching like crazy, uh fright Mare from Keo Coult The Morning Show. God, there's a lot of stuff next week. Wow, Cafe Plush getting its standard four K release, finally serious from Deaf Crocodile getting its standard release next Week's a that's a great one, and I think that's about all of the ones that we're going to focus on.
Speaker 3: Damn, that's a lot of great stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, other than two and a half men, what else you got coming for next week?
Speaker 3: Uh? I mean I will eventually hope to pick up the Reanimator four K and one flow of the kukas Est four K and uh gosh, probably a dozen more titles from that that list, there was a lot of great stuff in there.
Speaker 4: Well as you surf through those, don't forget the Criterion sale of Barnes and Noble is live already. You can order it from the website now, and that is live until December seventh, in case you wanted to check out some of those and that that's good for anything coming out during that period too, so you can pre order anything at fifty percent off that comes out through December seventh.
Speaker 3: Dang, you know, I did the best I could in the the Criterion website sale last month, so pretty well I had a bunch of the coupons saved up. But now the Barnes and Noble sales on shit, Yeah it's true.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That a boss Kiastami Eclipse set Captain Blood. I mean those are deafinits eye as one shut. Gotta get that.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, Will, you're a gentleman and uh and mostly a scholar talking period time.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, we were wrapping up, okay, I mean it's.
Speaker 4: Been four hours. I know that you got to get sleep. You got stuff to do tomorrow. I've got stuff to do tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm teaching. I'm teaching a course called Understanding Media, which I think is a hilarious name for a course. And uh, we're going to be talking about media narratives surrounding the uh New York mayoral contest, uh and the way storytelling works to established tribes and preparing for homecoming and tailgate parties.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow morning, you're going to find out news on the next Deaf Crocodile subscription if you are a part of their newsletter, so check that out. The period to purchase that is not tomorrow, so don't worry about that. That'll be coming up soon. Thanks for hanging out with us tonight. We got a busy couple weeks ahead of us and can't wait to share more with all of you.
Speaker 2: Will. You're beautiful. Thanks for hanging out while you're tired.
Speaker 3: Come wile away, baby, I love you too.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you didn't say that, not this time. I did say that on the phone earlier.
Speaker 3: But your you. You look marvelous.
Speaker 2: On that note, I'm ending the stream. Thank y'all.
Speaker 3: How can I Callack?
Speaker 2: We'll see you next Thursday.
Speaker 4: Thank you for watching The Disconnected On the way out, make sure that you are a subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 5: Hello, Filthy movie lovers. My name is Gentry Austin, now In Casey Scott, and we're the hosts of the Sin Syndicate Film podcast. For Something weirdos Anti Criterion Bros. And Joseph Sarno of Ficionados join us semi weekly as we peer into the adults only theaters in sticky floored cinemas of the golden age of sexploitation, when the morals were loose, the laws were murky, and the intercourse was all simulated. Find us now on the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Do you hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Fite Productions podcast network?
Speaker 2: Please select the link in the description