Speaker 1: You're listenings KFI AM six forty, the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app, and now.
Speaker 2: Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's not Bill Handle. It is not Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Pleasure being with you.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for hanging out with us on a Tuesday, Amy King exciting for you. I know it is because the Dodgers baseball going on in the morning. Is that ever happened? When was the last time that happened? Do you remember that happening before?
Speaker 5: I do not.
Speaker 3: I don't even know. That's great.
Speaker 5: Dodgers baseball is actually over for the morning.
Speaker 4: Oh, I wasn't gonna spoil it. Spoiler alert. Baseball is over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, we've had early morning games for football when they like play in London and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this one does.
Speaker 6: The game, first game of the season, started at three o'clock this morning.
Speaker 4: How long did they and I don't I honestly don't really answer this. How long were they in Tokyo to prepare for the time change? Because it's not like those guys just want to get up and start playing it three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 5: They've been there for a while.
Speaker 6: They've been there because Mokie Bets isn't playing because he's got some sort of stomach something or other and he's lost like fifteen pounds.
Speaker 4: That takes a while. Yeah, yeah, that's crazy. That's a gas station sushi even in Tokyo. You can't eat that. It's a bad deal. Been down that road before.
Speaker 5: They got there on the thirteenth. Oh okay, so yeah, so they got their last Thursday.
Speaker 4: They really acclimated. Well, okay, good, Well that's exciting. So you'll get an update on Dodger baseball. If you missed Amy King's news, she was discussing it earlier. We'll let you know exactly what happened a little bit later on as we continue with Handle on the News. I'm Chris Merrill in for Bill Handled today. If you missed it, we are the war in the Middle East is back on. So the Israeli forces launching a large skill at tack across the Gaza Strip early this morning. It's the first major strikes in the territory since we did a ceasefire. If you'll remember that, that was the Biden administration, in conjunction with the incoming Trump administration, put together a ceasefire deal that was done just a few days before Trump took over, and so they wanted everybody in on that. So the Biden administration along with the Trump administration put together the ceasefire.
Speaker 3: They said it's going to be two months. They were supposed to release a.
Speaker 4: Bunch of hostages, all the hostages, I believe, and Israel says they have not released all the hostages. There are still I don't know fifty some on hostages left. Israel believes that maybe half of them are already deceased. Hamas has not returned them, and so they started ranting hell fire in once again. Dozens of Palestinians killed. In fact, the what did we did? You have a number on that? I was seeing numbers early this morning, four hundred, over four hundred for more than dozen. We're talking hundreds, yes, of Palestinians killed. And they said, of course, as as with any of these runs, women and children are included in that. So Hamas saying in a statement that the Israeli government had resumed their aggression. Israel of course says, well, this is garbage. You still have been giving us back our hostages, and so it continues. Now, what will happen after this is anyone's guests. We still have different opinions, even within this administration. We have different opinions with people in the Middle East. I think it's safe to say we will see fewer protests at college campuses because, as you know, if you protest, you will be deported.
Speaker 3: So it's all I got on thatt Amy King. That's all I got, Amy King.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's all you got.
Speaker 3: That's all I got on that Ammy King.
Speaker 5: Okay, so sorry, that's all right, So sorry, okay, Now.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to coordinate with will I got a ride.
Speaker 5: Home to get the best ride home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: We got a zombie attack, possibly.
Speaker 3: Finally, you know learn I've been preparing for this.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a different kind of zombie attack. So cal Edison now says that it is investigating one of its zombie power lines is a possible origin for the Eaten fire. Of course, we've been getting reports, well we've been getting reports since the fires started, really at the Eton Canyon fire, that it might have started at a power line, and so cal Edison has been saying, you know what, that's where you're saying it started was a de energized line.
Speaker 5: They call it a zombie power line.
Speaker 3: I saw the phote. I saw the video though.
Speaker 6: Right surveillance footage from an Arco gas station shows what appears to be electrical arcs and sparks starting from the power line that's in question, and now so cal Edison is saying somehow that zombie line might have been re energized.
Speaker 3: I don't believe you.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that there is a zombie power line, that the power line is taken on agency and has decided to repower itself. I don't believe that we are living in a Steven King novel where the machines and the power grids just come to life because they've decided.
Speaker 3: We're not there yet.
Speaker 4: Maybe in the future when AI starts doing things, But as of right now, I don't believe this. This well, we don't know. It wasn't us. We shut it down. How could we have done anymore? To me, it sounds like they're laying out a plausible deniability defense. And again not a lawyer, but it feels to me like they're, at least in the public eye, saying, what what else do you want us to do? We shut it down, it powered itself back up. It's an act of God or power God, something of the sort. Bulooney, bulooney, we don't know. I don't believe it, Amy King. I am the son of an electrician. I am the grandson of an electrician. I am the grandson of another electrician. I am a giant disappointment in my family. But if there's one thing I know, if you flip the breaker, the power goes off, it doesn't zombie re energize. And of all the places, it just happened to zombie re energize right as we have these wins coming through, knocking the power line down. I saw the video. It was not it was not de energized. I don't believe it. So bullooney, bulloney, you probably an In fact, I heard Amy talking about this too, DOJ asking a federal appeals court yesterday in DC to replace the district court judge that's overseeing the case against Trump administration deportment.
Speaker 3: So, if you'll recall the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: They called on the Alien Enemies Act from what was it, seventeen ninety eight I believe, And with this Alien Enemies Act, they then decided they were going to deport a bunch of Venezuelan gang members and they took them to El Salvador.
Speaker 3: You probably saw some of the news footage yesterday.
Speaker 4: I'm still confused because as they were entering into L Salvador, they started shaving their heads and doing all the things.
Speaker 3: They were dehumanizing is what they do.
Speaker 4: So they were shaving their heads and then they made them walk in chains, but they bent them over.
Speaker 5: Did you see that I did?
Speaker 3: That was weird. I haven't seen. We don't do that in the United States, do we That was all that was an Al Salvadorian thing.
Speaker 6: I think I think it is, And at first I thought it was because they because if they had the shackles on or something, but it didn't look like the shackles would force them to ben Yeah.
Speaker 3: It looked like they were being held in that position.
Speaker 5: Again, you notice the guards all had masks on.
Speaker 4: It was very strange, very strange, But that could be because they're worried about gang retaliation against the guards with their families. True, and if there's cameras there, they may want to say, you know, I don't I don't want anybody know that I'm the guard there because we don't want the gangs coming after my wife and kids.
Speaker 3: So I get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what happens is he deports these guys. If you'll recall, a judge said, no, you can't use the you can't do that. You can't go in deporting people with the Alien Enemies Act. That's for wartime. You haven't declared war against Venezuela, so you can't just go use that Alien Enemies Act. The last time we used it was during World War Two. We had declared war against Japan, which is why we then rounded up everyone of Japanese descent and put them into tournament camps because we somehow thought we were morally superior to other countries that were using detention camps. But now Trump says, nope, I'm gonna go ahead and use that. There is no war declared. The judge said, you can't do that. What happened was the administration knew that this was that this hearing was coming up, so they hurried up. They said, everybody get on the plane. Let's get everybody on the plane. Let's get that plane up in the air. So they did that, and the judge said, no, you can't use it and turn any planes around. So the Trump administration is saying, well, the planes were already in there. What do you want us to do about that? That's not okay. We can't just turn those around their over international waters. So basically we're declaring a white house Ali Ali Oxen free. And so the judges orders don't count. And the judge told the lawyers this rather than writing it down. So the lawyers said, he didn't write it down. So we found this one clever loophole that all lawyers wish they knew, as though they clicked through a BuzzFeed article. And so the plane lands in Veniceona in El Salvator. Excuse me, that's how we get the footage of the of the gang members who are being bent over and shaved and dragged into cells, and all Salvator is very excited about hanging on to them. So now the Justice Department is saying that judge was wrong, we should have him removed. So we have gone from you've heard the term judge shopping before, where a different plaintiffs could be the could be the government, could be somebody else. They will they will bring a case in a jurisdiction, in a district where they believe that the judge is going to be preferential to them or at least at the very least has some rulings that may favor their opinions.
Speaker 3: So you've heard of judge shopping.
Speaker 4: In this case, it is a judge return without receipt situation where they didn't get the judge that they wanted. They didn't get the ruling that they wanted, so now they'd like to return that judge and go pick out something and they can just use store credit.
Speaker 3: That's their plan right now, I believe. Are we up against it? Yes?
Speaker 4: Amy King will have the update on what's going on with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: The game is over. That is next.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Do you feel safer? According to the mayor and the lapd you should?
Speaker 3: But do you so?
Speaker 4: That is still to come this morning Bill Handles Show with me Chris Merrill sitting into the padded room this morning. Amy, We've been talking about it all morning. That is the Dodgers have one in the books already.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: The Boys in Blue are back starting the season the way they ended last season with a win. The Dodgers beat the Chicago Cubs four to one today at the Tokyo Dome. Shohey got his first hit. Yashinobu Yamamoto got his first start. Freddy Freeman scratched from the lineup after batting practice. Not quite sure why Mooki bets out of the lineup because he's been sick and he actually became sick before the team left for Japan and has lost a bunch of weight, so he didn't play either.
Speaker 4: So I lost fifteen pounds. But it wasn't like it. It was dehydration. They said, that'll make you look emaciated.
Speaker 5: Today A really bad stomach flew.
Speaker 3: That is bad. Okay, Yeah, I feel terrible for that. The game.
Speaker 4: By the way, if you want to watch all the games, I guess sports and at LA is offering up all the Dodgers games. But I was looking at the price and I hate tell you this, but kind of getting host Yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Is kind of high.
Speaker 6: I started to read through this, notwent oh, I can I can get it on streaming.
Speaker 5: Because I don't have spectrum.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I thought this will be great, and then I looked at the price and went, maybe not so great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So if you want to watch the Dodgers TV channel, it's thirty bucks a month, or you can get the whole year for two hundred dollars. They announced this I think yesterday, and of course some people were watching the game in Japan early this morning via this streaming app.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's cool and all.
Speaker 4: What they're trying to do is make up for the contract that they have with the Dodgers. So they took over the contract. Time Warner signed this contract back in twenty sixteen. It's an over eight billion dollar contract and so they're going, uh, oh, we gotta make this money back. So according to the La Times, the twenty nine to ninety nine monthly price ranks at the high end for streaming subscriptions among MLB teams. You think, not only that, but I pulled up the MLB Pass to take a look at what you could get. Good news for Ann who's a Padres fan, and you can get the Padres, all the Padres games, all year long for half of what you would pay for the Dodgers games. It's a hundred bucks. There you go, that's three months worth of Dodgers if you pay monthly. But it's a it's a hundred bucks for the for the Padres. But get this, if you want to watch the Padres and every other game in Major League Baseball. That's the same price as just the Dodgers package. It's two hundred dollars for the whole year. So you're you can go watch Jackson Merril. Yeah, I gotta get I gotta get that Jackson Merril Jersey too.
Speaker 3: So good? You okay, I do. That's what we do.
Speaker 5: We have a the MLB package.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we can just.
Speaker 4: Notice your face got really flushed when I mentioned Jackson Merrill.
Speaker 3: You got he's good, he's good. You're all right with Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you see that Amy tattoos?
Speaker 3: Oh tattoo? Say that againts? Oh easy girl, easy now, Nando took a twist this morning. I didn't see coming, and I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, anyway, Padres fans, things are a whole lot cheaper for you. There are a few other teams that have exclusive deals with Major League Baseball, the Diamondbacks, the Guardians, the Rockies, the Twins, as I mentioned, the Podras, the Mets with that whatever it is Sports New York, which is just the Mets. But then otherwise, if you're a fan of any of the other teams, just get Major League Baseball TV, and again that's two hundred bucks and you get all the games. It's only you'd only want to buy this specific team if you're in in that home market and you're concerned about blackouts. But if you're somebody who's listening and you're outside the market, you wouldn't even have to worry about blackouts.
Speaker 6: Okay, shameless plug time, Yeah, go ahead. You can listen to all the games all season long on AM five seventy k lac oh. But the subscription price is absolutely free. And you know what I do dig listening to a baseball game on the radio.
Speaker 4: There's nothing better than baseball games on the radio. And this takes me back to being a little kid. And I'm going to digress here for a moment before we return base. So, little kid, it's nineteen eighty four. I'm six years old. And this happened year after year, by the way, but it was nineteen eighty four was special for me because nineteen eighty four I grew up in Michigan and that's the year that the Tigers won the World Series. So I'm six years old, I'm playing t ball. Dad comes home from work. It's you know, it's spring, It's it's into the early summer and he parks the He parks the Buick station wagon, the light blue Buick station Wagon in the driveway. He opens the hatch and we go play catch for twenty or thirty minutes every evening. Every evening we played catch, listen to the baseball game on the radio. He opened the hatch that you can hear the speakers out of the back hatch of that hideous monstrosity that was the Buick Century. And it's just a memory that bonded me with my father that I'll probably talk about at his funeral. So it was Ernie Harwell and alk Line calling those games. And I tell this story often that you know, we'd play catch and then we'd go inside and I don't know, take a bath or whatever I did as a kid, and I go to bed and they would let me listen to the local radio station. And this tiny little town I grew up in in northern Michigan, the local radio station carried the Tigers games. And I and I say that Ernie Harwell and alk Line told me more bedtime stories than my parents ever did, because I listened to them every single night. They allowed me to listen to the radio for five minutes. They didn't want me distracted by all that media. They let me listen to the radio for five minutes and then and then I would go to bed, but I got to listen to the Tigers, the Kirk Gibson and the Jack Morris, you know, the great team from nineteen eighty four. So that's I have a special place in my heart for baseball in the radio.
Speaker 5: I love that story.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: I just I get a little teary eyed when I think about that, to be honest.
Speaker 5: And that's okay.
Speaker 6: Baseball does that. Didn't you see Field of Dreams. Yes, baseball does that to people.
Speaker 4: Oh and I'm just thinking that somewhere there's a little kid. There's a six year old kid somewhere who got up with their dad this morning or their mom.
Speaker 3: It's become more popular for women down to got.
Speaker 4: Up early just so they could hear a few innings of Dodger baseball this morning.
Speaker 3: First game.
Speaker 4: I gotta get a dad wake me up early. I want to listen to that before I go to first grade. I want to listen to I want to hear if show hey does something that happened somewhere this morning.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, just a beautiful memory.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 6: You want to join Wiggle Wagglewalk. We would love to have you join the wake up Call Wigglers. You can find out all the information at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash Wiggle. It's kept happening on April sixth at the Rose Bowl.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to very good.
Speaker 4: Did they get the I know that they set the SpaceX shuttle up to grab the astronauts.
Speaker 5: They're coming home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Gilligan's Islands of astronauts who are supposed to be up in space for a week are coming home nine months later. They have undocked from the International Space Station. They're in their Dragon capsule right now. In fact, when we talked to ABC's Jim Ryan last hour, the astronauts were sleeping in the capsule. And then later today Sunny Williams and Butch Willmore, along with our friend Space Force Guardian Colonel Nick Hay and a Russian cosmonaut are going to be splashing down off the coast of Florida. That's happening this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Could you sleep, I wouldn't be able to go to maybe like trying to fall asleep on the plane, and I don't sleep on the plane.
Speaker 6: I would think that they would be a little bit excited for the journey home. That would be so maybe they just got rest.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that's what they got rest.
Speaker 6: But I will tell you that we got to talk to Colonel hagg Up on the International Space Station and he said that sleeping up there is the best, absolutely amazing. And I'm like, why it would be weird and he said, no, you're just floating. There's nothing, there's no gravity, there's nothing. You don't need to flip around because you're not uncomfortable, and he said, it's the most peaceful thing ever.
Speaker 4: So I'm curious about this because I'm somebody that keeps all that attension in my neck, and I find that when I lie down at night, I get very anxious and I will start to bury my head in the pillow I kept, you know, I keep pushing back against it.
Speaker 3: Same with my shoulders.
Speaker 4: I start to push into the bed and I just think what, I just inadvertently start doing backflips in zero gravity as I continue to try to push backwards.
Speaker 5: Maybe you would, maybe you would I.
Speaker 4: Don't know how gravity works, so maybe it wouldn't do anyth because I wouldn't have anything to push off of.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, you can kind of spin if once you start a spin, you just keep going because there's nothing to stop you. A vomit, Well, you can put out your hand and you can stop yourself before the vomiting begins.
Speaker 4: Space puke al over the place. You get tangled up in the blankets that way too, wouldn't you.
Speaker 5: I don't even think they use blankets.
Speaker 3: Uh, I gotta have blankets, gotta have something to wrap up in.
Speaker 4: I've been watching the story about the Pittsburgh student and I'm gonna say her name wrong? Is it to Sudiksha Kadunky? And I say it even remotely close to being correct. So she's on a spring break trip to the Dominican Republic and she vanished, and some people say, well, is she drown And now they have they're not detaining, but they're watching and not allowing another twenty two year old guy to go anywhere.
Speaker 5: So they've taken his passport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he can't go anywhere. He was the last person they say to have seen the college student near the Beach Hotel at the in Punta Kanta Puta Kana.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I probably just said a swear. We're not have any idea that's where they were staying before they vanished. Anyway, they said that they had video of this dude hanging out with her at the bar just hours before her disappearance, and so they're saying, wow, he's definitely a person of interest. He may have been the last person to see her alive, which, of course, if he was the murderer, would be true.
Speaker 3: That is, if she's been murdered, which we're not sure.
Speaker 4: The police said that there are inconsistencies in his story and so they are investigating.
Speaker 3: He is not detained, but he is not free either.
Speaker 6: So his story is that he and the gal went swimming. They had been out drinking, yeah, and they went swimming in the middle of the night, and he says he tried to help her out of the water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't really remember it. He was found like passed out on the.
Speaker 4: Beach because he was drunk too. Yeah, it's totally legit. I don't know why anybody would question that story. That seems very authentic to me. It seems like a bulletproof story. To me, I always wonder about the motivations on these things. Are they just psychopaths who just randomly want to kill somebody or was there some other motivation if indeed he ended up killing her, and will even find evidence that she was murdered. I mean, it's also plausible that someone who's intoxicated that decided to go swimming in the ocean.
Speaker 3: Drowned.
Speaker 4: That happens. So I don't know what they're gonna get this guy on whether he did it or not. We may never know. I got nothing else.
Speaker 6: Be advised if you're going to do what the Pittsburgh student did, and that is travel overseas in some capacity, Federal agents are urging Americans to stay alert and take precautions. The Field office of the FBI here in Los Angeles said that you need to know if you're traveling that there are risks. Maintain vigilance in your travels. Be prepared to contact an embassy or consulate if you need to. They're saying when you travel, you need to be careful. Do things like avoid going out alone after dark. Only used authorized taxis and shuttles. That was a big thing when we went to South Africa. They're like, don't just hop in any taxi because it can be dangerous. And also remain cautious of new acquaintances who may try to get your personal information or lure you into a compromising situation.
Speaker 3: So we're not supposed to go places now.
Speaker 4: Just be careful, okay, just be cute, all right, don't get scammed, be smart, all that stuff, all right, good reminders. Whatever big day today will tell you why we may finally get to the bottom of what is the most prevalent conspiracy theory in American history.
Speaker 3: That is next week.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI.
Speaker 4: Back to Handle on the news, Chris merrill In for Handle today. President Trump Amy King has said.
Speaker 3: This is it. This is the time.
Speaker 4: I'm releasing the jfk assassination files. All of them are coming out. There's many, many files. They say, there's eighty thousand pages of files. That's a lot of pages. It's like a very thick book that's like bigger than the Dictionary.
Speaker 3: Nobody's ever seen anything like it. Nobody's ever seen a book. This thing that's like all the Harry Potters, like all of them all at once. It's all of them.
Speaker 4: I'm releasing them, and I don't think they're going to be redacted redacted.
Speaker 3: Funny word.
Speaker 4: A lot of people don't know redacted. I started using that word. People weren't using that word, but I started using that word. Now everyone's using redacted. But we're not going to redact it. All of the JFK files are coming out. He might find out he didn't die, it was all faked.
Speaker 3: I do know. It could be in there. We don't know. We're going to find out.
Speaker 6: It'll be interesting to see if it's a kind of a nothing burger or like the they released all the files of from Epstein, Well yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah where so they were expecting this big bombshell and everybody's like, wait, there's nothing in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. With the Epstein files, there were questions. Pambondi.
Speaker 4: The AG released thos and said, oh, they're sitting on my desk right now, which made us wonder, are the Epstein files just randomly sitting out on somebody's desk, like in an inbox.
Speaker 3: But then she released them and it seemed to be information that we knew.
Speaker 4: Now, if you'll recall, during Trump's first term, he did release some JFK assassination assassination files, but there were many of those that were redacted. Then the FBI says they found another twenty four hundred records, and well, what's this. This is it just randomly sitting in a basement somewhere. Who knows, maybe these highly classified classified files just randomly ended up in some rich guy's bathroom.
Speaker 3: We don't know. That's where we store a lot of classified files. Now. And so the FBI said, look, we found a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 4: And so Trump is now saying we have to declassify all of it, and he also wants to make sure that they are not redacted. If you'll recall when we got some of the other files in his during his first time, I think it was twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Those were released. I believe.
Speaker 4: There were still some reactions which meant that somebody at the Archives thought that there were some issues of national security still in those files. I don't know how much we're going to see, and I'm guessing that this could be yet another nothing burger, which will for conspiracy theorists prove that the conspiracy runs deeper than we've ever imagined, that the people who were behind Kennedy's assassin assassination have somehow gotten to Trump because they'll find that there's nothing in there that incriminates anyone except Oswald, and they'll say, uh huh, they've gotten to Trump.
Speaker 3: You watch.
Speaker 4: That's how conspiracy theories work. The more you deny it, the more it must be true.
Speaker 6: How about this, this is true, and get a Harvard education for free? Go on, come on, So, the Harvard is expanding its financial aid opportunities to make undergraduate admission tuition free for families who make up to two hundred thousand dollars, and then completely free for families making up to one hundred thousand dollars. Harvard's estimating that eighty six percent of families in the US could be eligible for financial help under its new system. Yeah, of course, eighty six percent of US families can't go to Harvard.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess my question is who's getting in? I mean, they still have to apply, but now you can afford it if you don't make it. So who's paying for Harvard?
Speaker 3: Then? Rich kids?
Speaker 4: Right, families making over two hundred thousand are paying for the tuition for everybody else? Then I guess right, But who's more likely to get in. Let's play the numbers.
Speaker 5: Reach.
Speaker 4: If you have a wealthy family, you're more likely to be in a good school district, surrounded by good teachers, perhaps sending your kids to a private school, perhaps getting your kids tutoring or SAT assistance or anything of that nature. Perhaps also can afford to do a great deal of the after school activities that helped to enrich a child's life, which means it's still going to be the upper crust predominantly getting into Harvard. Bubba in Arkansas, who doesn't make enough and would qualify for free tuition is not getting in.
Speaker 3: He didn't go to good schools.
Speaker 4: He didn't get that additional education unless you've got good will hunting coming out of Texarcana. It's still going to be largely the wealthy kids that are going to Harvard. Harvard's not losing any money on this. They wouldn't do it if they were losing money. So it's still going to be largely wealthy kids doing it. Now, why do this one? It's good PR two. This is an end around of the DEI restrictions. So in large part, the DEI stuff was meant to offer a more diversified student body. And also we know that because of racial breakdowns and demographics, that when you open up certain slots at Harvard to people of color, it's more likely those people of color will come from disadvantaged areas, or certainly those people of color will come from schools who may not be as as disadvantaged, but certainly will have different life experiences than somebody that went to.
Speaker 3: Any place at nine o two one zero.
Speaker 4: So these kids who now qualify for the free tuition, these kids are more likely to come from disadvantage areas, and they can kind of cherry pick some that have the good essays that talk about what they had to overcome to get there, and when they do, then Harvard can continue to say we have a very diverse student body even without the DEI initiatives that had been in place.
Speaker 3: That's what this is, That's how this is playing out. This is what the whole deal is.
Speaker 4: It's an end around on DEI be curious to see if they be tation reacts to this at all. I don't know that they would. You want to do anything else? Are we good? What do you want to do?
Speaker 3: Amy? I'm gonna let you call the ball on this one.
Speaker 5: You want to do one more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, love it?
Speaker 5: Coming up a little short.
Speaker 6: The governor, just days after telling lawmakers that he took out a three point four billion dollar loan to pay for medical costs just through March, his office now says that he needs the state legislature to approve another two point eight billion in funding for the healthcare program for low income Californians through the end of the current fiscal year, which would be June.
Speaker 3: So we're like six billion dollars short.
Speaker 5: This a little bit short.
Speaker 3: How does that happen? How do you come up that short?
Speaker 4: How does he go to the lawmakers and say I only need three point four and then oops, I needed another three billion.
Speaker 5: Well the three point four was just to get him through March.
Speaker 4: We didn't think that what the world was going to exist after March? What what was the plan after March? Was the plan all along to ask for more money. This is like when my wife goes shopping and she says it was on sale, and I go, how much was it? She says, I got this.
Speaker 3: I got this planter and it was on sale and it was half off. It was fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: It's normally one hundred dollars and I go, cool, So why does the receipt say three hundred dollars? She says, because I had to fill it with plants. This is not a savings This cost us three hundred dollars. You didn't save fifty bucks, You cost us three hundred. So Newsom says, hey, everybody, good news. I just need three point four billion dollars and then we're gonna be good. And they went, okay, here's your three point four and he goes, oh that was through March. JK, gonna need another three billion. Did you not think that the calendar was going to turn to April? Did he know something we didn't know? Was he banking on the asteroid hitting us? I don't understand. I don't understand. I just I don't get it.
Speaker 5: Is are all.
Speaker 4: Politicians just really really really bad at math?
Speaker 3: Is that what's happening really really bad at Math.
Speaker 4: I would vote for the next politician who runs on the platform make Math great again, because I know that that person would understand a budget, Make Math great again.
Speaker 3: You got my vote.
Speaker 4: I don't care what side of the isle you're from. You got my vote. Make Math great again. I'm in one hundred percent. Speaking of math, Uh, what.
Speaker 3: Do they say?
Speaker 4: Liars figure and figures lie. You're gonna find out what the figures say because the leadership in Los Angeles says you should be happy.
Speaker 3: You feel so much safer. Now that's next.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app